MeisterTask

MeisterTask is a beautifully designed and highly intuitive task manager that perfectly adapts to your team's workflow. Using smart automations and integrations the free online tool ensures that you work more efficiently and consistently.

Work for MeisterTask?

Learning about MeisterTask?

MeisterTask Reviews

Ask MeisterTask a Question
Showing 36 MeisterTask reviews
MeisterTask review by Naomi H.
Naomi H.

"Awesome task management tool"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to organize and keep track of projects with Meistertask. It is beautiful visually, which really helps. I appreciate the collaboration part of it - it's easy to keep track of my intern's work and see her progress on projects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like you have to click a lot of buttons to get to a feature you want - like archive, or add notes. There's more than one way to get to certain features, and maybe it'd be easier if they were all accessible the same way.

This allows me to view all of my projects in one glance, which really helps me understand what my work load is like at any given time. I also like that I can add notes here and there, that i can refer back to when I'm ready to tackle the project.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MeisterTask
MeisterTask review by Josephine H.
Josephine H.

"Finally a task management system that makes sense"

What do you like best?

I immediately loved how it has pre-built lists for "Open", "In Progress" & "Done". It's exactly how I would label other lists in alternative task managers.

My favorite thing about MeisterTask is the UI/UX. It's absolutely beautiful, intuitive and simple to use. Great background imagery, and the daily quotes are a clever little addition too.

What do you dislike?

I wish that when I created a task card it would auto-assign it to me. It would be okay if this was a setting I had to toggle to activate but it gets very tedious when I need to assign several cards at once.

I also would love to be able to filter due tasks with a pop out calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for both individual and team-based project management. I use it daily for my consulting business to keep track of upcoming deadlines, and just to dump ideas to review later when I'm not so busy. It's free to use up until a certain level so there's no much to lose!

I run my own marketing consultancy so I have a few clients and my own business tasks to track. MeisterTask allows me to set up boards by client, and share boards individually, either with clients or other people I contract to help me. All the other boards are kept private for my own use.

What Project Management solution do you use?

MeisterTask review by Dragos C.
Dragos C.

"Really good alternative for Trello"

What do you like best?

- the playful interface

- customization options for each board

- the board overview page (landing page) with the nice welcome message which changes every time

- sync between mobile and web of your boards

- sync with the mind mapping app - mindmeister

- time tracking for each task

- a large variety of icons for your sections

- ability to import my trello project to this one (unless it was a really large project - in that case i got an error)

What do you dislike?

- not as many options as trello which comes with a variety of plugins (chrome extensions) for burndown charts, assigning story points to tasks, etc

- the fact that you cannot assign more than 1 person to a task

- encountered issues while trying to search for particular tasks in a large board

- the fact that you can only move a task from one section to another via drag and drop - this can get hard on a board with multiple sections and each section with multiple tasks

Recommendations to others considering the product

- it's a very good choice for managing tasks for a small team

- particularly useful for personal tasks as well

- task management for small teams

- management of personal projects and tasks

- introducing new teams to the kanban workflow

MeisterTask review by Christy C.
Christy C.

"A great task management tool!"

What do you like best?

I like that it has the timer feature to track how much time I spend on projects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the timer has been buggy. I also wish there an easier way to break down tasks into even smaller categories, and then also view those smaller broken down tasks more easily, since those are typically the tasks that will actually get checked off throughout the day. Having small things to check off would help to feel more productive. I should not I don't use the default columns "open", "in progress", and "done". I find I need to categorize my tasks so I use those columns for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a bit of experimentation to find an organization system that suits your personal flow. Try it with and without the default project categories of "open", "in progress", and "done".

It helps break tasks down into categories, and easily assign them to others. There is also room for commenting, which helps with collaborations.

MeisterTask review by Graham C.
Graham C.

"Meister Task Functional Review"

What do you like best?

MeisterTask allows the project to include the best practices of a kanban style task manager. It is a Management system with automation and delegation across integrations.

What do you dislike?

Many items such as Categories and people, once set up in one project are not transferable as a template to the other projects and must be input manually. Importing and exporting these would save setup time. A simple example would be to have a Project template for Agile Methodology with Scrum/Sprint selections that sets effort, duration and estimates as task goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A Fast way to get projects under control and integrate with the best tools for automation.

Having a single list of my organizations tasks with due dates and responsibilities gives oversight and the ability to set and adapt priorities.

MeisterTask review by Aaron B.
Aaron B.

"Excellent Task Manager For Projects"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize each project and each category within the project. I can add sections in each category, if I want an Idea section I can add it, color code it and much more. This gives you the ability to make Meistertask anything you want it to be, and make it work for your needs. The Free features are all you need for basic needs, but the Pro features are also a nice add-on for advanced workers.

What do you dislike?

On the Free version, you are only allowed to use 2 plug-ins in each project. So you would be limited to Slack & GitHub and not be able to add Office 365 or another plug-in that the software offers. The lack of wallpapers for the dashboard is the other problem, Pro users can use their own backgrounds but Free Users are limited to solid colors or a mix of all backgrounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the software as a Free User to see if it fits your needs, then upgrade to Pro later if you need the more features. The free version seems to have most needs covered. Customize every project to your tailored needs.

For my business, I have a set-up of LocalHost, App & Main Website. From each Project I am able to create an Idea section, Working On section, Complete section and others. This helps us take tasks from the very beginning to the end, get feedback from our staff on each stage of the progress as well. It makes running our projects more reliable and quicker from start to finish.

MeisterTask review by Juan F.
Juan F.

"Excellent and free!"

What do you like best?

When looking for a free solution to our project management woes, we ran across Meistertask.

We collaborate with a contracted grant writer who regularly needs information, documents, etc on top of the need to manage more than 50 grants effectively. This tool has been great for us, easy to use and of course... free!

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to sort tasks by date due. Currently that function is not available, but it is not too hard to organize them. If this was added, I would say there would be very little to criticize about Meistertask.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great choice!

We are solving project management issues when not all team members see each other frequently. It's great to all be able to be on the same page! We use it for our contracted staff to keep in touch with our on-site salaried staff... it works like a charm!

MeisterTask review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"A visually appealing project management tool"

What do you like best?

MeisterTask is visually appealing. I can invite an unlimited amount of members to join a project. I like that I can add checklists and due dates to each card on a project, similar to Trello.

What do you dislike?

I was hoping that MeisterTask would provide various ways to review a project because it is so visually appealing. It would be nice to see an overview of tasks for a project in a calendar mode, for example, or to see all tasks that belonged to a certain "tag" or category. Users who don't want to be limited to a kanban system may want to look elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend properly exploring your options. You won't know what features MeisterTask has available if you don't take the time to find out what works best for you and your team.

MeisterTask has helped me organize my projects and break them up into easy-to-manage tasks. I am better able to see the big picture and how to get there. I can keep checklists, notes to myself, and assignments all in one place.

MeisterTask review by User in Internet

"Use it every day-robust but not too complicated"

What do you like best?

I like how the free tier has lots of very useful options: multiple projects. It can handle fairly complicated projects with lots of cards. I'm a freelancer, so I just need to keep all my business projects straight and don't need to collaborate. Perfect for this purpose.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it accommodated code a little better as I have many cards that have different code snippets and there isn't a native way that I've found to keep those straight. So for using much code organization, you'd be better off with a tool like bitbucket's code snippets. I still find myself storing little bits of code in Meistertask when it's something directly related to a specific item in a specific project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It has a great free tier so you can put it to work. I tried it out and haven't looked back cause it's always doing what I need.

I use it every day to keep 20+ different projects and clients straight each one of those projects having multiple columns of tasks. It's great. I archive when done so finished projects aren't clogging up the display but there's a global search so I can access past projects if/when needed.

MeisterTask review by Administrator in Import and Export
Administrator in Import and Export

"Great clean visual kanban style task manager "

What do you like best?

The clean and modern visual design. The ease of use. The fact it has various versions of a desktop app, mobile apps, web with chrome extension makes it easy to edit info on the go. Really good free version, a fair pricing structure in general for what you get.

What do you dislike?

would be nice to have a timeline view of the tasks that are either to do or pending. Click on a timeline icon in the right corner and a drop down timeline would appear above the kanban tasks (or substitutes the kanban tasks into a timeline view, so you can see the due dates clearly of each task). Something like teamweek.com. Or a more inelegant (manual) solution but perhaps more feasible in the short term would be an integration with teamweek so you could import meistertask cards for a timeline view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple but still has a lot of useful features that you will actually use, meistertask is a good option to check out.

day to day tasks of my startup. centralize communication between freelancers and my small team.

MeisterTask review by Stevie C.
Stevie C.

"The Sexier Sister of Trello"

What do you like best?

The look and feel of this software is outstanding!

What do you dislike?

Lack of native calender view like that of the Calendar power up on Trello and you can’t configure an end time on due dates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are improving all the time and the team are open to development requests. Talk to them about your thoughts and feedback to make it even better!

Managing my business on a daily basis as I have got busier has been getting increasingly difficult. MeisterTask has helped me to keep up with both daily tasks and projects with a beautiful UI which is a joy to use.

MeisterTask review by Héctor Alejandro V.
Héctor Alejandro V.

"Easy and visual kanban easy to work with and a superb price"

What do you like best?

The flexibility and User interface. Its email updates are easy to follow up with.

What do you dislike?

Lack of integration with major CRM's or contact management systems that could help in using it as a sales funnel for example. It would be fun to use it like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your team is small you can try the free version first which is powerful enough for a project in its initial phases.

Follow up on admin and project initiatives with several of my colleagues.

MeisterTask review by Bekka B.
Bekka B.

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

The ability to drag and drop tasks from Open to In Progress to Completed. You also have the ability to create your own categories and can move them back and forth accordingly. Also having multiple projects created at one time is fantastic. Having daily emails reminding me of deadlines, and the integrations available to connect to slack and such are seamless.

What do you dislike?

It gets cumbersome to assign myself the task every time I create a task in one of my projects.

Not only is it fantastic for personal task management, it's fantastic for team task management, and project management with teammates who work remotely.

MeisterTask review by Mario P.
Mario P.

"Amazing app, changed our team working habits"

What do you like best?

Since we started with MeisterTask we have developed a much more agile communication. Email exchanged dropped to almost zero on some projects run on MeisterTask. We can now have an overlook of the status of each project and how is in charge for what. This guys made a great job and it works seamlessly on every platform. Couldn't live without :-)

What do you dislike?

Could have more integration. Could do a gant chart view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead. It the most simple way to uncomplicate your live

MeisterTask review by Nick W.
Nick W.

"Nice way to organize projects, big and small."

What do you like best?

Automations, they make it so easy to auto label or assign things in a column.

What do you dislike?

Not enough of our company uses it. so there is a push to use trello instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very clean and simple to use interface. Definately one of those best in breed style tools. the tough part is that is likely outside the exisiting stack of your business, and most platforms have their own flavor of task/project management features.

This help provide a kan ban flow for our work.

"Amazing project management"

What do you like best?

It is hard to narrow it down - I suppose my favorite thing is ease of use. You can easily drag items based on status or sub-project. It also has a social media-like interface with tagging, commenting, and hashtags, as well as breaking up by project. You can get email notifications to make sure you never miss a step.

What do you dislike?

I wish the dashboard was better at knowing what I need to get done that day - for example if I could go through my tasks and pin them to a calendar so each day I know my To Do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan out your projects ahead of time, and have draft pages before collaborating with others.

Before we had problems breaking up large tasks into manageable steps, and accountability. MT has solved all of these.

MeisterTask review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Kanban for teams"

What do you like best?

I found MeisterTask whole looking for accessible project management software for our upcoming office move. It’s simple, fairly intuitive, and with the free version, all managers have the ability to add, delete, and modify tasks.

What do you dislike?

Although it’s *fairly* intuitive, there are some things that could be improved. I would like to be able to make a sub list for multiple step tasks that are grouped with other like tasks. The ability to check off without crossing off.

We needed an inexpensive, simple solution to organize tasks associated with moving a business with internal resources.

MeisterTask review by Aamir K.
Aamir K.

"Best in class task management platform"

What do you like best?

I liked this as a whole package but assigning task is the feature i was trying to find in many apps but i didn't find in any, so MeisterTask is one stop solution for my needs.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this from a long time and i haven't find anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this to everyone out there with unorganized works and tasks, you must try this.

We are managing tasks, assigning tasks so that everyone on team gets to know what he has to do, plus you can assign it with a time limit, so that the person you assigned any task can know what amount of time they have to complete it.

MeisterTask review by Aamir K.
Aamir K.

"Best planner and work streamliner"

What do you like best?

I liked the assigning and time allotting thing in this, and the notification structure is very nice. it always gives you an update when anything changes at task.

And the things Meistertask is giving at free, most companies asking loads of money for that.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this for about two months, I have not disliked it for now. I may haven't used every feature of this platform, but yeah I didn't disliked anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who need their work to be streamlined or managed.

planning, task management, and streamlining works. I really appreciate what meistertask is offering without even buying it, great work team !

MeisterTask review by Prince Kingsley B.
Prince Kingsley B.

"The best of them all"

What do you like best?

meistertask is the leading project management tool in the market, I have been using it for the past year and it's just flawless. I wish I had another way of rephrasing these words.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything yet. the platform is just the best of out the best

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely

project management

MeisterTask review by Michelle E.
Michelle E.

"one of the best project mgmt apps around"

What do you like best?

bright, easy to use, sensible design - amazing customer service

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more integrations to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At minimum, try this program by accessing the free trial of the pro plan.

Great way to organize projects, tasks and assignees - in a custom brand-centric format.

MeisterTask review by Consultant

"Perfect Task Manager for Small To Medium Sized Business (Especially in Validating Idea Stages)"

What do you like best?

The ease of use on the platform, multiple integrations and the fact that its free and non limiting makes this a great Task Management tool that can rival trello.

What do you dislike?

Really hard to say, as my experience with this has only been for a few months. May need some time to go through this, but so far, there hasn't been any truly big pain points, as I'm working within a startup and the inevitable fact of utilizing our resources to the bone :)

We needed a way to track updates to the website, social media, content and other deliverables for our product. With a small team that is bootstrapping the idea, we wanted to use a program that was going to be there long term, but at the same time was flexible enough to grow with us as we grew with the program. It's nothing like investing months into a program to realize that it dosen't fit anyone's needs anymore, or that the company shut its doors becuase they weren't able to secure future funding :(

Fortunately, with this product, not only could we grow with the free user base, but we also saw an opportunity that this wouldn't be taken away from us due to their low cost of more detailed benefits each month. As long as it didn't break the bank with us, we would be fine and honestly, with this product, it's really helped our idea validation as well as our bottom line :)

This program is perfect for small to medium sized teams who want to track multiple tasks and keep people updated in an easy to use interface, with attachments and other notes to make sure our productivity stays efficient.

Great software.

MeisterTask review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"So helpful!!!"

What do you like best?

I loved that the software allowed me to make task goals for larger projects, assign these responsibilities to team members and track the progress of the larger projects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the software does not show the task goals for larger projects on the main screen. I wish I was able to also track the progress of these smaller goals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the software among the whole team and use the feature that allows you to assign tasks to individual team members.

MeisterTask has made our projects more organized and punctual because the team is clearly aware of all the projects that need completing and what exact steps are necessary in order to complete them.

MeisterTask review by Lainey R.
Lainey R.

"MeisterTask is great for project management"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to keep track of all of the tasks and projects to be completed

What do you dislike?

The app does not always refresh to real time

It is easy to keep projects organized and they do not go missing or undone

MeisterTask review by User in Higher Education

"MeisterTask helps organize my work life"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. The color coding, due date assignment, and subtask features really help manage workflow.

What do you dislike?

I don’t really dislike anything about MeisterTask. I just wish I knew more about some of the features before I began using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to get started, but review all the features first. Then you will get more from the software.

I use MeisterTask to organize checklists and manage agendas for tactical meetings.

MeisterTask review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Easy and Clean"

What do you like best?

I like that you can assign tasks, and also assign a due date.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the lay out/interface. It's hard to see everything all at once.

We are solving collaboration problems. We used to have meetings with action points that would never get done. Now after a meeting, people are able to be followed up with and held accountable to complete their task.

MeisterTask review by User in Computer Software

"Great for personal tasks and small projects"

What do you like best?

Meistertask has a nice and clear design. It is easy and intuitive to use. I can use it on my computer or on my phone anytime and anywhere. This allows me to respond to changes, comments etc. very quickly. It helps to stay organised and is perfect for day to day operations.

What do you dislike?

If you are offline, changes won't be saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for small projects, but if you have larger or more complex projects with a lot of staff, I would prefer a more complex tool.

It is really great for personal tasks and small projects. I also use it for taking notes.

MeisterTask review by Tim P.
Tim P.

"Project Managment and communcation all in one"

What do you like best?

MeisterTask is the one stop shop for project management and daily operations. With new add on integration's and its already powerful setup its a one stop shop!!

What do you dislike?

Removing users from projects is a little tedious but you can get it done.

Project Tracking, Employee Task Tracking, Office Communication and file transfer, It has made us work more productive and make sure balls don't get dropped

MeisterTask review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Love love love this software"

What do you like best?

I live in leister every day. It is my go to for my entire to do list, which is very well organized. The ability to customize project names, colors, icons, tags, etc really helps me bc I am more of a visual person.

What do you dislike?

The integration with freshdesk is lacking a bit. They have some bugs but support is amazing and they usually get them corrected pretty quickly.

Managing my crazy to do list. Managing my customer accounts (I have a huge call initiative going right now)

MeisterTask review by John S.
John S.

"MeisterTask / Excellent task manager"

What do you like best?

The integration with mindmeister, allowing me to assign and manage to-dos. I also like the interface a lot.

What do you dislike?

I do wish they had a direct integration with google apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Defniitely consider using mindmeister as well.

Managing time and to - dos. Increased awareness of projects, deadlines, and specifics.

MeisterTask review by Idil K.
Idil K.

"Useful for now."

What do you like best?

Assigning task feature is pretty helpful, usage is easy. Also it has great performance in all devices.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the notifications screen/area in opening. It looks like irrelevant space from the application. Wallpapers are not necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is fine application for now, useful and easy using.

Planning the project, especially in co-working.

MeisterTask review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"cute design, easy to use, basic features"

What do you like best?

It has pretty design and it's very easy to create projects, set deadlines, etc.

What do you dislike?

I can't reorganize stacks of cards (vertical columns) in the projects; after i once marked task as completed by accident i couldn't go back, no undo option

projects tracking help

MeisterTask review by Jordan H.
Jordan H.

"Great for tracking, not so much for planning"

What do you like best?

Easy to add tasks, cloud sync across devices, comments and team collaboration

What do you dislike?

Can't prioritize tasks in the dashboard view

No Gantt/velocity type views

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use in coordination with other tools

Personal task tracking across work streams

MeisterTask review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Project Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the versatility of being able to keep tabs and collaborate on projects using not just my Apple devices, but my Apple Watch as well.

What do you dislike?

For some reason when I get notifications of updates in a conversation thread, I can never find the conversation I was notified of directly, instead I have to browse the notifications tab. occasionally I see weird hiccups like that that makes getting the latest updates on a project a bit cumbersome.

Solving our project collaborative efforts as they pertain to managing social media campaigns.

MeisterTask review by User

"MeisterTask is great"

What do you like best?

I love that I can keep track of my to-do list on meistertask

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I do not like about MeisterTask

We are able to create a work through by moving tasks to different columns assigned to different people. We are also able to keep tabs on our to-do list progress

"Great experience"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Intuitive. Appreciate the different sorting capabilities and deadline reminders.

What do you dislike?

The software crashes about once per week in my experience on Google Chrome, so sometimes the tasks I add are not saved.

Organization, logistics, sharing task progress with teams

Learning about MeisterTask?

* We monitor all MeisterTask reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.