Membrain

Membrain

Membrain is a sales effectiveness platform for teams working with complex B2B sales. Membrain lets you continually fine tune your sales process and provide coaching to help your sales people make their numbers.

Work for Membrain?

Learning about Membrain?

Membrain Reviews

Ask Membrain a Question
Showing 64 Membrain reviews
Membrain review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The CRM you have been looking for & the only CRM you need! "

What do you like best?

Create a customized sales process following your favorite sales methodology (spin, strategic, baseline, etc.). This valuable feature is what every other CRM on the planet is missing. This is the true value of Membrain. They understand the need to address the painpoints of on-boarding new sales executives and the importance of having a process which new sales executive can follow. This feature is the 20% that delivers 80% of results and value.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit high per user, but that is understandable. There is an immediate productivity based ROI from the investment made in purchasing Membrain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Membrain is the CRM platform that focuses on the true requirements needed by sales executive to deliver results. It is not like other CRM's in the market who focus on the "pretty" bells and whistles such as email automation, etc. Membrain is for sales executives teams who know the importance of having, measuring and relying on an effective sales process.

- Ramping up new sales associates to follow our process and deliver predictable results.

- Identifying gaps in our sales process

- Testing new sales processes and split-testing

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Membrain
Membrain review by Administrator

"Great SaaS CRM"

What do you like best?

First off, the implementation is hassle free, you pretty much dont need any help, the interface is very user friendly and very intuitive almost no training needed, it has some great customizable options to adjust it to your own sales process and customized fields for any info you want to collect on your customer database.

What do you dislike?

The support for foreign languages still needs some work, specially for spanish, also the integration with other tools like marketing automation tools still needs to upgrade, only a couple are supported and sometimes have glitches and dont work as they should, price is a bit high so take this into account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the price per licence as this starts to get expensive as you grow.

Sales projects tracking, customer data base management

What Sales Enablement solution do you use?

Membrain review by Pete E.
Pete E.

"Outstanding product if only every CRM were like Membrain"

What do you like best?

Membrain is intuitive, easy to use and extremely visual. It really enhances the sales process and helps you to really identify potential issues with sales and prospects.

What do you dislike?

Clients have said that Membrain isn't a big brand. The team at Membrain are fantastic and work with you to make sure that you fully understand how the software can help you increase sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is outstanding. You will have no regrets and it's use will definitely increase sales.

I use it for my sales consulting and training business for prospecting and tracking the progression of my opportunities. I also recommend it to all my clients after I have built a formal sales process for them.

Membrain review by Maxime B.
Maxime B.

"The only CRM to consider"

What do you like best?

Membrain is visual. That is his forte. In just a glance you can see and feel the health of your pipeline.

What do you dislike?

I think as any other young software there is place for improvement. Taks, meetme fonctions not adequate are elements that would benefit users.

Lack of visibility on sales pipeline, lack of information in regards of the steps where information are at would be 2 mains elements where Membrain helps out.

Membrain review by Nick F.
Nick F.

"Stands apart from the crowd"

What do you like best?

Compared to all other sales tracking solutions, Membrain incorporates education into the core functionality of the product. During each sales cycle, we our team utilizes the follow-up reminders and advice notifications to continually improve they way we move through the process, ultimately providing a better service for our clients.

What do you dislike?

I'd like more options for diving into the reporting/analytics of our activity. Ideally we could customize the Story Stream beyond the preset time limits. Some of the Sales Analysis reports also have similar preset time constraints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your team watch the overview video on the website, then setup a demo. Specifically ask your sales team to attend!

We were dealing with separate systems here internally. One software for tracking data (calls, emails, client notes) and another for guiding our team through the sales process (training notes, manuals, scripts). Membrain provides a solution that incorporates the functionality of a sales tracking system into the natural steps one would take to complete a sale. The flexibility of the product lets us create, customize, and optimize our key sales milestones unique to our industry.

Membrain review by Frederic L.
Frederic L.

"What CRM should be!"

What do you like best?

Simple, intuitive and very visual. It makes it so easy to integrate a complete sales process.

What do you dislike?

Companies thinking a big brand CRM will do the job better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go for the safe choice behind the bring brands. Also make sure you don't let people or department (i.e. IT) that don't know sales pick you next CRM. Don't fall into the trap of trying to find a CRM that does it all (sales, customer service, support, marketing automation, etc.). You are much better off finding a platform that does what you need very well.

Membrain review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"The best sales tool that every business development and company owners should use! "

What do you like best?

Customization of building the sales pipeline with sales process map, companies, contacts, prospects, and sales projects. Even though I am at the beginning stage of utilizing all the features that Membrain offers, I can see dollar signs whenever I use Membrain. The most important aspect of building a customized sales plan is the knowledgeable staff at Membrain. We had the pleasure of working with Brenda McDonald and Robert. Brenda has been an instrumental part of the set up.

What do you dislike?

I didn't realize how much time it takes to build a customized sale plan even though the Membrain team guided us through the process. Definitely take the opportunity to get the guided three sessions with them if you are new to the system. It does not have a robust email capabilities and doesn't seem to sync with many different tools. Also, there is no project management system for the follow up on projects that close.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check to make sure that you are wanting to use this as a sales pipeline tracker and not a true CRM. It does lack the email campaign capabilities.

We don't necessarily have business problems because business development is a new focus at our company. While we have been fortunate to have had the growth based on word of mouth and referrals, we realize that we needed a tool to help navigate through the sales process. I have worked with many different types of CRM tools and did not find something that is geared toward building a sales pipeline. Most CRM tools are predetermined and does not work around the dynamic environment of sales.

Membrain review by Bryce E.
Bryce E.

"Manage Deals not people"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to manage deal flow rather than people and companies. This is helpful when bringing new people into deals to understand and evaluate what still needs to be done.

What do you dislike?

don't have it integrated with our systems through the APIs yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

believe in their philosophy

keeping our team on track throughout the sales process.

Membrain review by Dave N.
Dave N.

"Brought sales process to sales team working from same page"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for customer activity recording both on PC and Phone APP.

What do you dislike?

Need to have ability to have capabilities beyond prospecting and have for ongoing customers.

Coaching sales team based on their activities resulting in improved prospecting. Pipeline forecasting, Production is able to look at capacity and adjust with projected pipeline volumes.

Membrain review by Mark H.
Mark H.

"Excellent Sales tool for B2B organizations"

What do you like best?

Sales process and opportunity management

What do you dislike?

An app for the iPad or other tablets would be helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to dive deeper into your sales process

We are using Membrain to improve the handling of B2B sales projects in industrial automation with the focus on increasing our win rate and shortening the sales cycle.

Membrain review by Jacob R.
Jacob R.

"Great product, great support! "

What do you like best?

We knew that there were plenty of programs out there that would work as a CRM. What we really wanted was way to manage our process and provide tools to our sales people to do better at their job. This was exactly what we were looking for!

What do you dislike?

While everything is customizeable, reporting is not. While you can select what reports you want to see, what stats are reported on is more limited.

I'd also think it would be more beneficial to have releases available to ALL subscribers, regardless of subscription level. Sometimes a cool feature is only released to the top paying members, with no indication of when lower tiers would receive. I can understand things like support levels varying by membership, but Membrain itself should be offered more like an Operating System. However, even the lower tier packages are fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not just a software tool - you'll need to have a sales process down step by step. Fortunately, Membrain does a great job helping you along the way.

We are trying to create uniformity in our sales process. This has led to a huge increase in productivity, as well as changing how sales meetings are held. Instead of waiting for the sales person to give their activity, the sales manager is able to dive down into the details of every aspect of the sale in order to lend her expertise.

Membrain review by David S.
David S.

"CRM works great for business objectives"

What do you like best?

We are following the Baseline Selling sales methodology. Membrain works synergystically with the sales process, and is helpful in identifying areas that are light on information, and is certainly a reminder to ask more questions. As we all know, the more questions that you ask, the more you will discover about your client.

What do you dislike?

Somehow my firm seems to duplicate new companies that are input into Membrain. We all first check to see if the company is in the system, and if it is missing we input the company. Not sure why the efforts seem to be duplicated, but it does seem to happen consistently. Perhaps the search for the company has to be less stringent, where if the spelling is close it will bring up the company, as apposed to the spelling needing to be exact.

My role is in Business Development. Looking for more clients. The benefit to me is that there is a reminder of what it takes to achieve the next step.

Membrain review by Louis L.
Louis L.

"Versatile platform"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to customize the sales process and you can create an unlimited number of processes

What do you dislike?

The reporting is not user friendly as solution such as Salesforce.com

Recommendations to others considering the product

This solution is perfect if you use Baseline Selling

We can easily manage our opportunities

Membrain review by Chris W.
Chris W.

"Provides Focus on the High-payoff Activities in an age of distractions"

What do you like best?

It helps me cut through distractions to stay focused on the greatest priorities for each day, week, and month so my prospects get the attention they need to help them in their buying process. It helps me keep track of where I am with each opportunity and what needs to happen next.

More and more, I use MemBrain as my sales activity dashboard throughout the day. The only thing more helpful would be a full-time executive assistant to keep me organized and focused on the most important things for each opportunity.

Another great aspect of MemBrain is the reporting it provides through analyzing past opportunities -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. The insights I learn from the various reports of my historical activities and win-loss analysis help me improve performance, and the reporting gets better with time as there is more to analyze.

What do you dislike?

The thing I don't like, and it is probably more my problem than MemBrain's, is not knowing how to MAXIMIZE the potential of MemBrain to my sales success in all areas. Some of those areas will require changes in how I do things, which I'm willing to make, if I know why and have a pretty efficient path to follow. When I am in a hurry, if it isn't obvious what to do, I default to my old approach which is managing things in a disjointed way in Outlook.

I wonder if MemBrain could consider a "change management" curriculum for users that casts a vision for personal change and then provides a complete suite of short, accessible videos for how to get there by implementing the various tasks.

I have to say, however, that the development team at MemBrain is very attentive and responsive to helping me use the platform successfully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to improve your sales success, it can help you get there by holding you accountable to do the things you agree are important to do. Trust it, don't resist it. Fully embrace it as the center of your sales life. Let it lead you and guide you in your focus, and you won't be disappointed.

Time Management and focus -- where to invest my time for greatest gain. Time is limited and I hate to waste it. MemBrain has enabled me to be more efficient with my time to reduce the time I spend on non-value-adding tasks.

Shortening my sales cycle by making progress visual, letting me know which opportunities need my attention and where. This brings greater focus to my time as well as helps me be consistent in executing my sales process.

Keeping my pipeline focused on opportunities that are real by weeding out those that are missing something critical to success.

The greatest benefit I have found is more time to focus on quality opportunities which brings greater success per time invested.

Membrain review by Govind G.
Govind G.

"Good Application with good features and easy to track sales pipeline "

What do you like best?

Good Application to track the sales pipeline In single click

What do you dislike?

Too much time to moved on next page. Some time mobile app is not working taking so much time to load the page

Sales pipeline and followups

Membrain review by Marcela L.
Marcela L.

"Sales Manager"

What do you like best?

All information required to manage the account can be found in one page.

What do you dislike?

files can only be filed by date vs a folder or topic

Sales Projects are being presented in a more organized manner

Membrain review by Olivier J.
Olivier J.

"I love their quick input, and how I get both technical assistant or high-level feedback when facing "

What do you like best?

-It supports the sales method we are proud to use: Baseline selling.

-It offers a lot of customization options without being too heavy like SugarCRM or others CRMs.

-It's constantly evolving; I've already seen limitations and issues I had pointed out fixed as soon as the next official patch was released

-Membrain is cloud-based and can easily become your main emailing platform too; linking your communications to your prospects' account.

What do you dislike?

By the time you read this, the devs might actually have patched and updated everything listed below!

-No core bilingualism support, but you can manage with labels and filters.

-It might be able to send out bulk emails using templates, but it does not offer any fleshed-out campaign management panels or tools, yet.

-Being Java-based, browser navigation can be frustrating at times (e.g. hitting back might not lead to the page you'd expect). You won't be able to share URLs with colleague for them to get direct access to a profile or page.

-Dashboards (e.i. tables listing all your sales projects, prospects, companies, contacts) are limited to showcasing 5 variables at a time, and sometimes. More would be helpful sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A bit of patience combined with their very active evolution makes Membrain a great solution for those interested in modern selling methods.

This is the best platform to follow the 4 steps of baseline selling, and keeping track of each sales project's progress.

Membrain review by Orlando P.
Orlando P.

"A must have for successfull sales managers, VPs and CEOs"

What do you like best?

Membrain focus on the process and enforces the sales organization´s compliance with it. With the right sales process in place and the best tool to enforce it, Sales Managers can drive their efforts to effective coaching and accountability. Even with this process orientation, Membrain remains easy and intuitive to use, and really reduces the time needed by salespeople to register their activities in a CRM.

It is fairly flexible to accomodate every sales process / methodology, giving sales managers the capability to customize stages, steps, activities, times and so on. You can even have different sales process running simultaneously.

Note that Membrain is not a traditional CRM in the sense that it specializes in complex B2B sales more than transactional sales environments.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Basic and some advanced reports are available out of the box, although I would like a richer reporting capability, ie, the possibility to create and customize reports that are not included. Exporting data is available if you want to use an external reporting tool.

A basic product catalog would also be a nice to have. A workaround to this is to create additional custom fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it ASAP!

1. Reducing subjectivity, enhancing forecasts accuracy.

2. Increasing sales efficiency.

3. Enforcing the use of the sales methodology in the field.

4. Reporting and accountability.

5. Better coaching effectiveness by sales managers.

Membrain review by Ryan N.
Ryan N.

"Adaptable and ever improving CRM system"

What do you like best?

Being able to customize the sales process and customer information to display what is relevant to my industry and prospecting style is very powerful.

What do you dislike?

The limited ability to interact with other database systems means the CRM system is stand alone and doesn't have access to other information sources. Information can be imported, but it's snap shot of data that is uploaded and doesn't update as the source database changes. I wish it could link with outlook to send and store emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The developers are very determined to keep improving their product, and are easy to contact and work with.

Ability to track contacts, customers, and opportunities in the field. I can check if a business has been prospected before I walk in the door, or remember the needs discussed with a customer from a previous sales meeting before my next meeting. The ability to enter in customer and sales information, and access it remotely free's up time and energy trying to remember it myself and prevents things from falling through the crack.

Membrain review by chandra m.
chandra m.

"Dream crm"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about membrain is that it can be configured according to different sales cycle in a meticulous manner.

What do you dislike?

The UI/UX is not that satisfactory. I feel you need another round of work on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes. I will surely do recommend.

It's a time saver. My appointments, capander and other daily calls are easy to monitor and accomplish with it.

Membrain review by James D.
James D.

"Membrain for ongoing sales contact"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that you can integrate Membrain with your email. This means that whenever I write to anyone (as long as I have their details recorded in Membrain) all I have to do is bcc Membrain and this contact is recorded as an activity.

What do you dislike?

I think that reminders tasks and activities could be better structured or (at least) easier to filter and organise according to different priorities

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Membrain to future users but I would encourage them to ensure that Membrain is set up correctly. For example having a full list of potential organisations and market will make using Membrain from the start far easier.

Membrain keeps me on top of all my contacts and activity and reminds me when I need to recontct. I am doing high volume contacting across many organisations and Membrain keeps me organised

Membrain review by Mattias A.
Mattias A.

"smartest complete salestool i have seen"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, simple to learn and highly accesable using browser. Membrain gives me a competetive edge because i have full control over my prospects and thanks to notes i remember were we last left off in our conversation.

What do you dislike?

well i had some dislikes in the beginning but most issues have been solved after leaving feedback i always get a fast reply from administrators

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy to use system to keep track of both suppliers and customers and to be able to acess it on any computer anywhere and also on tablets and smartphones there is really no other option go for it!

to keep track of my customers and scheduling follow ups without forgetting it a neat system where i am in control no matter how many prospects i need to balance.

Membrain review by Bob A.
Bob A.

"At last - a system that is based on sales process, not "sales accounting""

What do you like best?

There's a bunch of research that proves that organisations that manage to implement a structured sales process across their sales organisations do far better than their disorganised peers. But most of today's "leading" CRM systems (you know who I'm talking about) betray their roots as "sales accounting" systems that are based on managing companies, contacts and opportunities. What I love about Membrain is that it puts the process at the heart of the system, rather than tacking it on as an afterthought.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing obvious to dislike, other than the fact that because Membrain is focused on the sales process, it can't offer a solution for customer service. But would you rather implement an average generic system, or one dedicated to really getting the most out of your sales efforts?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you see the value of sales process, you'll see the value in Membrain.

What Membrain does really, really well is to manage the sales process in a way that makes sales people want to use it. Adoption isn't a problem with Membrain - as it is with so many other conventional CRMs.

Membrain review by Ankit V.
Ankit V.

"Amazing With Membrain"

What do you like best?

It's an Amazing application, which is time saving, user friendly & attractive theme.

Which give more clarity through dashboard, best sales projection for current month.

What do you dislike?

Nothing dislike, but sometimes it's very slow. But quick support I have got from team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sales- it help me with current and upcoming month sales projection and closer ratio.

With team and individual performance dashboard.

Membrain review by Rasmus N.
Rasmus N.

"Thes best CRM to improve the sales process"

What do you like best?

Membrain is not only a fast, user friendly and well designed CRM with great features, it is in my opinion the only CRM that truly supports the sales process.

What do you dislike?

I find most aspects of the product to be great but there are some features that needs to be enhanced. For instance to be able to select multiple companies/prospects to assign to others and so on. Membrain has integration with Google Calendar but I am missing the gmail integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works best for complex B2B sales organisations >5 sales reps. But in that context it is outstanding.

We have established a best practice sales process that continous to improve, which helps us improve our win rate and decrease sales cycle length and at the same time we are ablo to save time focusing on the right business opp.

Membrain review by David G.
David G.

"Finally, a CRM tool that matches our sales process!"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the interface so that it exactly replicates our sales process was awesome. Being able to see our sales pipeline at a glance is a close second. In addition, the ease of ramping up was a surprise. When we looked at Salesforce, it was going to take months and about $10,000 to consultant to get us up and running. With Membrain, with a one-hour training session (which was free) in about a week of customizing it, we were on our way. My only regret, why didn't we connect with Membrain sooner!

What do you dislike?

When we first started working with Membrain, it took about 5 hours for support to respond to an inquiry. It appears this issue has been resolved as the response time is now typically less than an hour.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The company is located in Sweden. We thought this was going to be an issue from both a time zone and language perspectives. We were wrong on both fronts.

With Membrain, I have total visibility into the entire sales network. Not only can I quickly see what each sales guide's pipeline looks like, but even more importantly I can see where the sales process has stalled. For those stalled accounts I can be proactive, instead of reactive. The result - more closed deals and a shorten sales cycle.

Membrain review by Brian K.
Brian K.

"I recommend that all of my clients use Membrain as their CRM."

What do you like best?

Membrain, out of the box, is the best and most complete sales CRM on the market. It has all of the right dashboards, analysis, behavior tracking, and process integration. It's visual pipeline component not only tracks where things are in the pipeline, but guides the salespeople to follow the established sales process to move those opportunities through the pipeline. Salesforce technically could be made to do this, but it would cost tens of thousands in customization to get there. The other cloud based CRMs with visual pipelines just track reporting. Salespeople actually live in Membrain.

What do you dislike?

The calendar component does not integrate with Outlook which requires duplicate calendars. This might lead to missed appointments or salespeople realizing that reporting an appointment doesn't really benefit them. The activity reporting is a little bit clunky, but is still very effective. There is no mobile app, but this does work well on an iPad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you evaluate the price/value of this software, make sure that you are evaluating ALL of your costs, not just the monthly charge.

This is a sales management dream. What should I be coaching on? Who is doing well? What happens when my people take shortcuts? Why are we losing/winning? Membrain gives you the intelligence to act.

Membrain review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Sales in more scientific way"

What do you like best?

Membrins's best part is analysis on sales forecasting in more detailed and scientific way.

What do you dislike?

Noting yet before having concern on UI part our love this recently lunched UI

Sales Forecasting and client profiling that help us in order to understand client's behavior in more specific way, this will help us to focus on sales closer part

Membrain review by Magnus J.
Magnus J.

"How to increase sale with Membrain"

What do you like best?

Oil Group had been evaluating several tools for Pipeline management before we made our decision. We were looking for the tool that best supports the sales peoples every day work flow and gives an easily accessible overview to help coach and improve their performance.

After an extensive search, we found that Membrain met all of our requirements and more. Membrain is intuitive and provides structured support to the sales people daily routine. It also has powerful functions within prospecting, coaching and intelligent win-loss analysis.

Membrain allowed us to start giving effective support to the sales team and managers straight away - the tool is helping develop the sales team into a more effective & efficient business model.

We recommend all businesses working in b2b sales to consider Membrain as tool to develop their sales skills.

What do you dislike?

Membrain could improve by having more account management support. Also, I would find it useful if it could generate reports appropriate for C-Level board meetings etc.

Membrain was easily implemented and very cost-effective for the end user.

Membrain review by Carl E.
Carl E.

"Membrain evaluation"

What do you like best?

The prospecting-tool; it's the single most competent prospecting tool I've seen among CRM and/or Sales Management Systems making Membrain the most competent solution for sales teams and organizations with active sales and marketing

What do you dislike?

One of my biggest issues right now is the sales process-tool; it isn't however a dislike as the support and feedback from Membrain is both proactive and efficient!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shit in, shit out; irregardless of CRM you need good data going in to get something valueable coming out.

Sales management and supporting sales reps. Pipeline management and thereby resource planning. Bridging marketing and sales as well as pre-sales team and line sales.

Membrain review by Karine S.
Karine S.

"Simplify my selling Process"

What do you like best?

I am so pleased to have Membrain. As the person responsible for working with prospects and existing customers, Membrain (and his team) is tremendously helpful to have this kind of resource to point me in the right direction and narrow down the vast options based on our unique needs.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything more to say. Membrain is very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company has been looking for a way to motivate ourself and unite us as a team. We knew the answer was Membrain. We had specific needs that not all CRM could meet. We would definitely recommend Membrain!

I have now a structured pipeline.

Membrain review by Dragos A.
Dragos A.

"Great support team "

What do you like best?

Support team - very important for new starters.

Within my marketing executive role I faced the challenge of integrating Membrain with Hubspot. Brenda and Henrik have been very helpful and always offered prompt support.

What do you dislike?

If I'm honest there is nothing I can think of.

Integrations with our marketing software platform, which enables the sales team to get more info about prospect straight from Membrain.

Makes the email marketing campaigns process much easier.

Membrain review by Grant S.
Grant S.

"Best CRM I have ever used!"

What do you like best?

Membrain is flexible and easy to customize. The reporting is second to none, but the MOST value is that it gives the sales reps more value. The #1 reason most CRM's are not successful when they are implemented is that the adoption is poor and sales reps "hate" the platform. Membrain gives both reps and management the reporting, info, data, and access they need in an easy to use format that is unlike anything else on the market.

What do you dislike?

Not much that I would say here. There are a few modules I wish they had related to email campaigns and marketing, however we use alternate tools for those and our Membrain rep was always clear that this was not an option from the first call so we were able to plan accordingly.

We have solved MANY! But I would say the two core ones are implementing a tool that really helps reps follow our process and check their progress. The second is the best pipeline management tool we have ever used which equates to more sales and much more accurate forecasting. This allows us to make changes on the fly, improve areas of the process where we identify bottlenecks, and help reps that might have some gaps in their pipeline before it becomes a serious issue.

Membrain review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Smart tool for a fast sales cycle"

What do you like best?

The sales life cycle made easy. Task and appointment management. Sales life cycle management

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately it's becoming tool of management instead of employees!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to scale your sales department, this is the right tool. Especially to software sales.

Sales cycle management

Membrain review by Roberto S.
Roberto S.

"Visibility the way I need it"

What do you like best?

The way the sales process is captured graphically.

What do you dislike?

The template to quote generation is as far as I know not an option

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best for follow up in long cycle technical sales process.

We solve analytical laboratory equipment solutions. The main benefits is that we take the time to understand the customers needs and tailor the offer according to their real requirements.

Membrain review by Jonas E.
Jonas E.

"Sales pipeline management tool saves time and increases transparancy"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, web based, the process flow oriented set up, focusing the sales reviews, fast, in many aspects intuitive, nice design

What do you dislike?

the risk of confusion between leads and prospects vs "sales projects". not fully mobile compatible. should be easier to enter more sales budget data and how that is being used by the system (time periods)

Recommendations to others considering the product

reconsider your CRM, for what you really think it should do for you.

Transparent communication within sales about prospect status, objective and aligned quantification of pipeline, forecasting. Spending time with the right prospects.

Membrain review by Rune H.
Rune H.

"Powerful pipeline management and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use (almost like an Iphone) and guide you to to do the the right things, helping you to streamline your day to day business helping you to close more new deals.

What do you dislike?

Lack of integration with Microsoft Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to support your sales organisation with the markets best and easiest to use pipeline tool (CRM), Membrain is the right choice.

Helping me to prioritize my sales work and reminds me about important activities that I should to to optimize closing of new deals.

Membrain review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"More than a CRM - rather, a sales process manager and director"

What do you like best?

Membrain is super easy to use. It is evident that the product team has usability in mind. Everything is fast and done with as few clicks as possible. It is also not just a passive contacts database like most CRM tools, but more a sales process manager. It will help you build your sales process and strategy, and make it easy for your sales people to actually execute it.

What do you dislike?

It lacks some of the features of more established systems. But I think this is by design, since it is meant to do one thing really well, which it does. Most of the "bells and whistles" in standard CRM systems comes at a huge cost of usability and in the end they make people not use the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have a tool that is not a passive database which just gathers all your contacts and companies, but instead an active sales driving tool, then this is the right tool for you. If you need huge integrations and a complex database where you keep all of your business processes, then you probably need an on-premise system.

We have been able to make our sales process visible in a very visual and easy to follow and execute way.

Membrain review by Katharina D.
Katharina D.

"The best pipeline management tool I have used"

What do you like best?

It is intuitive for the new user to get up and running immediately. As an administrator it is easy to get the company up and running quickly; and have the pipeline match the sales process 100%.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike about Membrain

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a pipeline management tool not an ERP!

It holds both the sales team and the sales team manager accountable to the activity which gets results.

Sales results comes from doing the right activity and being effective at it. Using membrain the activity is easy to monitor and the reporting tells me if my team are being effective in that activity and achieving results.

Membrain review by Ranja A.
Ranja A.

"Membrain is a front edge CRM ands Sales tool"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and that they focus on the right functions that will drive your business forward.

What do you dislike?

I miss the functionality to have the possibility to record the calls.

I have solved the alignment between sales and marketing in my own business and for my clients. We can track everything and we don´t have any manuel hand overs between marketing and sales. We hav full control of our process.

Membrain review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Shaun Meany has been great to work with. Membrain is a tool that is extremely useful!"

What do you like best?

Membrain is a valuable asset that stores everything into one place making my day-to-day more effective.

What do you dislike?

So far so good. Minor issues with calendar syncing, but overall, it's been great.

Calendar syncing

Membrain review by Erik L.
Erik L.

"Most modern CRM system I´ve encountered"

What do you like best?

Membrain gives me as a mangager a transperancy I haven´t had before.

What do you dislike?

It´s not adapted to mobiles yet which is important to us.

I get a total owerview of our ongoing business and by this and other tools in MB I can be more helpful to my juniors. I have a much better knowledge of the time a sales takes and easier to see/follow the process.

Membrain review by Gustav L.
Gustav L.

"Simple, modern UI and many good features"

What do you like best?

Compared to other CRM systems, the UI is very easy to understand and use. Integrated and direct contact with support is cool.

What do you dislike?

I want to send all e-mail with Membrain but there are still advantages with a regular mail client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it before you go with the more established alternatives!

Large amounts of information becomes easily accessible and is automatically organized. Effortless syncronization with collegues.

Membrain review by Dave M.
Dave M.

"Where It All Comes Together"

What do you like best?

Process, methodology and pipeline management all together in one place!

What do you dislike?

Could have more robust email client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Internal administration needed

Real-time opportunity coaching and making sales process training relevant.

Membrain review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Senior Consultant"

What do you like best?

Membrain is the only CRM I have seen which is adapted for a complex sales process which includes both aspects of account management and Complex Sales Opportunity management

What do you dislike?

The account management (customer development part ) needs to be developed.

Another thing (which I think is either coming or might already exist) is to be able to consolidate global and local accounts in a tree structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Membrain is structured to handle both complex solution sales opportunities with longer sales cycles and more traditional standartized sales with short sales cycles. It is web based and very easy to implement on a global level.

Advanced Stakeholder management, qualification structure and customer value definition, as well as the possibility to consolidate business opportunities and keep track on where they are in the sales cycle.

Membrain review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Does what we need it to do. Doesn't overcomplicate"

What do you like best?

It is simple and only displays what we need. Doesn't take you too far in the weeds. It is easy to see exactly where we are to projections. Overall, it meets our need.

What do you dislike?

Limited reporting tools - Coming from salesforce, it does seem limited. some of the search features from salesforce are not there. Also, the site crashes frequently. This is an issue that needs to be resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool for a small salesforce. Don't expect to be overwhelmed with features, but for the pricepoint, it does what we need it to do.

Sales - Has a decent projections layout. Overall, helps us maintain contact with customers and work them through the sales cycle.

Membrain review by Dave K.
Dave K.

"Membrain Rocks"

What do you like best?

We not only recommend Membrain to clients of our sales consulting and training business, but we use it ourselves. It's simple, elegant, opportunity and pipeline focused, and has an out-of-the-box dashboard that's exactly what every company needs.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing about Membrain that I dislike. It's perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't over think this - Membrain provides everything that you ned.

Pipeline management, trends, activity management, opportunity management.

Membrain review by Shaun T.
Shaun T.

"True, practical visibility of what is happening in our sales world."

What do you like best?

The ability to visualise our sales pipeline for our different prospect profile from all of our sales people in one place. Gives true accountability.

What do you dislike?

Almost too many variables. But it hits the right balance between customisation and ease of use.

We had deals that were falling through the cracks, we are now able to see where we are with any deal and what the next action needs to be.

Membrain review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Fantastic pipeline management system with innovative ease of use "

What do you like best?

The system has support for any sales process which reinforces best practice behaviors for the sales people. Instead of working for the CRM, in this case the CRM works for you. The sales process management is really strong, specifically as it's dynamic in the same way our real world is.

What do you dislike?

Well, if you are looking for a full blown CRM that supports all departments in the company, maybe this is not the system. On the other hand, Membrain excels when used as a prospecting and sales process management tool, developed primarily for the sales reps and the sales manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please review this one before going for one of the big players like Salesforce or MS Dynamics. I my opinion, they tend to be to complicated and complex for the needs I have. I work in a complex selling enviroment and Membrain supports this in a very efficient way.

I have a much better overview regarding the ongoing sales projects and I have decreased the sales cycles very much since starting using Membrain.

Membrain review by Paul O.
Paul O.

"The Apple of the CRM world!"

What do you like best?

This the sexiest software I have ever used to manage pipeline opportunities in order to consistently grow sales. Membrian is stylish, intuitive and easy to use. It feels like it was designed by salespeople for salespeople. I love how the dashboards have made it easy to run high valued sales meetings so we can all focus on the activity that really matters.

What do you dislike?

It is hard not to like this product. I have used all the main stream brands and this is the best product to manage your pipeline. The acid test is the uptake I have had with salespeople using it - even they love it!

Membrain allows you to create your own customise sales process

so your salespeople buy into the process and you have complete visibility of whats in your pipeline. No more clumsy CRM out of a box and spending lots of money with a developer to customise!

Membrain review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"Membrain User"

What do you like best?

That it coaches and prompts you through your sales process

What do you dislike?

still too new to find anything and waiting on feedback from the sales team

Membrain provides a logical approach to complex B2B sales processes. An early benefit is that the pipeline is not filled with bogus opportunities

Membrain review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"Love My Membrain!"

What do you like best?

I love that all our prospects are streamlined and I can sort them by specified timeframes to forecast sales numbers. This allows our team to see how much/many prospects are available to close and helps us manage our day.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything I dislike about this system and I have used a few prospect management systems.

We love that we are able to recall prospects that have been archived, this enables us to see a 'true' sales cycle from prospect to purchase. Since we are also a small team of 3 and we get hundreds of prospects, Membrain allows us to label, catagorize and organize so that we can easily see who we need to follow up with and when. It keeps us all connected at all times since we can all see when the last time the customer was contacted.

Membrain review by Holly R.
Holly R.

"Membrain is more than a CRM"

What do you like best?

It is intuitive, the dashboards keep you on track, it requires a sales process which (although companies think they have one many don't) creates thinking around what does work best in our business? What do we expect of our sales people that works in bringing in new business and the CRM is created around the sales process.

What do you dislike?

Because it is such a different and "new" concept it is harder to help people understand it.

Increasing sales and new business, tracking what sales people are doing so you can have meaningful, helpful dialogue with them. Because it is easy to use and intuitive sales people are more likely to actually use it.

"Head of Sales"

What do you like best?

Customization of interface and the ability to have multiple interfaces based on the product

What do you dislike?

It forces date changes and stage changes and makes it very, very difficult to revert Salesforce back. It's incredibly frustrating.

Salesforce data aggregation. Sales process documentation.

Membrain review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Membrain is awesomesauce"

What do you like best?

Membrain is fantastic because it keeps me focused on following the sales process. It also gives me excellent data on EXACTLY what is going on with specific sales.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were mobile optimized. The UI is very good but it's not always easy to use on my mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate... it's amazing!

It's solving the issue of not sticking to a sales process and also solves the issue of not having good sales data.

Membrain review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Sales Coordinator"

What do you like best?

Visibility of pipeline and analytic reporting

What do you dislike?

That Constant Contact and Membrain aren't integrated to provide analytics.

management of prospects and communication stream to facilitate a complex selling cycle. Better management of prospects and where to best direct marketing efforts.

Membrain review by Michael E. S.
Michael E. S.

"Membrain - Simply the Best Customer and Opportunity Management Solution Available"

What do you like best?

Membrain is customizable to follow our Forensic Selling Methodology. We then further tailor the software to address each specific client's business and industry.

What do you dislike?

The use of some outdated terminology that serves to create the perception of "transactional" selling.

Address sales productivity, sales force effectiveness, and business management.

Membrain review by Johan B.
Johan B.

"At last, a CRM tool for the Salespeople more than for the management"

What do you like best?

A very cool feature that I like is the active pipeline feature. That means that even if the salesperson don't actively adjust an ongoing progress, the timing-settings will. Momentum in sales are often a key issue.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. A more feature rich app would be nice.

Many CRM implementations are not succesful due to the lack of "User friendliness". The sales people don't understand why they have to add all data when they often doesn't get a personal "pay-back". With Membrain that problem is solved.

Membrain review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Like the product and find it very useful to track leads and pipeline"

What do you like best?

Ease of use... great way to track your leaders and have an effective follow plan to get the most out of your sales opportunities

What do you dislike?

Info on Create new Lead shows up on link or hover instead of the landing page

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Membrain as a first class CRM system with great capabilities.

Sales force issues.

Membrain review by Betsy A.
Betsy A.

"Membrain pushes accountability down where it belongs: with the sales representative"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to implement, how seamlessly it integrates with other systems and how easy it makes the sales leadership role.

What do you dislike?

nothing in my experience yet thank you very much

The need to hold sales people accountable for activities, moving ops through the stages of the pipeline, transparency and results is an ongoing process not an event. Membrain simplifies, rather than complicating the process.

Membrain review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Membrain Admin"

What do you like best?

The story stream is really good, great to see what your collueges are up to!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes membrain freezes completatly, so I need to restart the url Connection.

Keeping track of upcoming activities so nothing gets forgotten.

Membrain review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I enter data into Membrain for my company."

What do you like best?

It's easy to enter data/navigate through the site.

What do you dislike?

It frequently freezes and crashes. This makes it difficult to use it for a length of time.

We're trying to find clients/potential customers.

Membrain review by Jason D.
Jason D.

"This product gives me accuracy in executing my sales process like no other and nothing slips through"

What do you like best?

Its intuitive ease of use and flags via emails to my sales coach and I.

What do you dislike?

Activities not populating in my calander

Making more money

Membrain review by User in Information Technology and Services

"CRM that is simple and easy to use."

What do you like best?

It's easy to keep opportunities updated.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more reporting tools.

As a business we don't use membrain to its potential. We still forecast with paper.

Learn more about Membrain

Membrain Downloads

Learning about Membrain?

* We monitor all Membrain reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.