Memrise

Memrise makes learning languages and vocab so full of joy and life, you’ll laugh out loud.

Work for Memrise?

Learning about Memrise?

Compare Memrise to Similar Solutions

Memrise Reviews

Ask Memrise a Question
Showing 13 Memrise reviews
Memrise review by <span>Caroline M.</span>
Caroline M.

"Learning science meets fun and easy!! "

What do you like best?

I have my students use memrise in my foreign language classes for vocabulary homework. SInce I started using this app, my students have improved 150% in their retention of new vocabulary. The app is simple, straightforward, keeps track of everyone's progress, and uses the science of how we learn to ensure long-term retention of the material (as opposed to "cramming" material for a test or quiz).

What do you dislike?

Because Memrise does not allow you to assign sets of words and track individual student progress, I have had to create a work-around to ensure that my students use Memrise to study the assigned words each night.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for yourself for a week. You'll never go back!!

Students don't know how to study vocabulary on their own. Making lists and reading them is not a method of learning new vocabulary (despite what most of my students think). Memrise makes learning new vocabulary easy and effective. Not only do they learn what the words mean but the app also forces them to learn the spelling!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Memrise
Memrise review by <span>Mahya S.</span>
Mahya S.

"Help to memorize English words in enjoyable way"

What do you like best?

It has the repetition of all words during all days, and it includes the pronunciation of the words and dictation of them, and it has the examples which can help us to memorize words more easier. Some examples allow me to make special codes to help me memorize them more easier and stay words in my mind for a long time. Furthermore, by connecting to my friends and creating the competition atmosphere, I am motivated to memorizing more and more words. The competitive air can really help me to work with memrise for many hours even at late night. In addition, it has the extensive variety of books and words. I can find everything in every level on memrise. Till now I use memrise in some fields such as Essential word for TOEFL, Barrons GRE word, 504 words, 1100 words. And it is so surprisingly that my little nephew who has just 6 years old saw my memrise application on my phone and insist to use the program, I have to install the program on his tablet and starting a simple course of English words. It is very hard for me to believe that he could work with it and memorize words by the correct pronunciations.

What do you dislike?

some simple words repeat many times and it is boring for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

use memrise as usually as you can

It really carves word in my brain for a long time

What Language Learning solution do you use?

Memrise review by <span>Karthikeyan B.</span>
Karthikeyan B.

"Memrise for easy learning of everything that you can create yourself"

What do you like best?

The best part that i like with memrise education software is that you can study any course and also that you can tailor make the course that you wish to learn using any materials you have.

What do you dislike?

The authenticity of the pre-available course are not verified. some course are very good and some need some improvement, This is the factor that need to be corrected in memrise

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best software to learn new thing on the go. it has a performance streak to encourage you learn everyday.

The problem solved by Memrise is the easy memory retained by repeated use of flash card and the metrics used by the memrise to encourage self evaluation is excellent. The specialty of memrise to repeat the words which are difficult are the plus point that i like the most. If you get paid version of memrise then your expertise level can be monitored and the course can be easily tailored to match and improve the parts which you are weaker. The memrise software also comes in a mobile app that helps to learn on the go. Be it a preparation for exams or remembering of formulas or training a new language memrise is the best tool that you can bet.

Memrise review by <span>Cheryl K.</span>
Cheryl K.

"Memrise Review"

What do you like best?

I like Memrise because it was the first available language learning program that was interactive and that I could use on my iphone and was easy to use.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that it is a little disorganized. I mainly want to practice my Spanish but there are different lessons and some are better than the other so it's hard to know which one I should invest my time in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try as many different lessons possible, because they are random so even if it says "Spanish Advanced" and "Advanced Spanish Course" they may be terribly different so just try all of them.

The benefits I've realized from Memrise is that it's easy to do daily. Some apps you don't like to access because it'll take up to much time but you can fit in using this app daily because it is so easy to use.

Memrise review by <span>Lucas O.</span>
Lucas O.

"The best app for learning!"

What do you like best?

Far the best app for learning i ever used, i am an active user and i bought the premium account for life which for the price is totally great.

You can learn a lot of courses from Memrise , also you can create your own courses.

The great thing is that is very user friendly and it's very funny to use, and the idea that peoples from every part of the world put their effort on it is beautiful , it's very community centered and funny with good background images.

Totally recommended!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i can see that the app lunch some errors and is not totally well configured , but it's a minimum price to pay!

So , nothing in particular to dislike this app is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just have a lot of fun and learn many different things, find the course that most fulfill your expectation and just go for it!

I have been studying Japanese and Chinese with great result!

Memrise review by User in Higher Education

"Great Foreign Language App!"

What do you like best?

Memrise is a great way to help you learn a foreign language and to keep track of your levels of learning. It's easy and fun to use, which makes it more likely that I'll want to go back and keep practicing.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there were more ways to customize the levels for more advance initial proficiency. Beyond that, the only thing I wish were true for the app were that it could be completely free.

Memrise helps our teachers offer more language practice for our students, without creating a large grading workload for homework assignments. The site/app also provides more buy-in because the interface is engaging and often has the feel of a game rather than work.

Learning about Memrise?

* We monitor all Memrise reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Memrise to Similar Solutions