- Disk Compression: CS engine compresses data 60 to 80% on avg.
- Drop-in Solution : Low learning curve if you come from MySQL background
- Pipelines: Easiest and fastest way to ingest data . Automatically detect new data in S3 buckets.
What do you dislike?
- Lack of DB Performance monitoring: MemSQL should provide Percona PMM dashboard type of monitoring with explanation of the metrics being monitors and action to take. SolarWind for MySQL is also excellent at aggregating queries over time.
Recommendations to others considering the product
If you are doing aggregates, have large log type tables, or need real time analytics using a "mysql" friendly environment, you should look at MemSQL. It's a great product (Sr Mysql DBA for > 10 years).
MemSQL Support is excellent. They can help you optimize your queries and make sure your system is properly configured. The 2 days on-boarding Professional Service is also a nice add-on.
I would also recommend the training. Videos are available for download, perfect for going back to them and refresh your MemSQL knowledge.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- Migrate heavy write log type table from Mysql to MemSQL
- Intensive geo location queries
- Real Time Analytics : Aggregates for our applications.
* We monitor all MemSQL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.