Mention

Mention

62 ratings
659.110
Compare Request a Demo
Create alerts for your brand, your industry, your company, your name or your competitors and be informed in real-time about any mentions on the web and social web.

Mention Reviews (65 reviews)

• Mention has made it very easy and simple to track conversations about our brand across the web. I am able to respond to these "mentions" in real time, be them negative...Read More
    G2 Crowd User in Non-Profit Organization Management
  • The product itself is just really well designed, it allows me to track everything that I need, whether it is a unique term, my username on a particular social network,...Read More
    0 uq vajzaupklugvemfndausk20xfbgvemx65asj81vr9ejcoh8g98vsmglkjqsnqs5rx3jwvoyki
    Orlando K.
G2 Crowd User: Jon A.
Validated Review

Deep searches across digital platforms makes Mention a staple!

What do you like best?

Mention is our go to deep search across the internets. It allows us to keep a constant read on what people are saying about our brand, staff and organization. UI & UX are so important for ease of use and Mention has a great eye for both of those. Adding mentions/searches are so simple, getting your social media channels loaded in and searching are simple and straight forward.

What do you dislike?

The price point for this tool scales quickly. $29 for 3,000 mentions and only 3 searches. Seems like $10-20 might be a better price point for their lowest plan. Other than the price point, I love the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to get notification about your brand from the far reaches of the internet, Mention is the service for you. Not only is the UI simple and easy to use, the support is fantastic. There are quick ways to sort and get rid of junk mentions or mentions that aren't relevant to you.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We needed a place to deep search the internet and Mention does just that. It's simple, the UI and UX are simple, straight forward. The sales team is a great resource and helped us get set up quickly. They also allowed us to demo a higher plan to see if we would need the higher plans.

G2 Crowd User: Mary C.

Good product, great service

What do you like best?

Mention helps me build reports and statistics based on tweets, facebook posts, and news articles written about our company. I can respond to tweets in real-time and keep track of reviews of services and of what our clients are saying in the public realm. Any time I have a question or an issue with the product, I know I can contact our account manager and he will take care of it immediately. Mention is just as good as some of the more expensive products out there and is a phenomenal service for the price. When I'm swamped in the office, I can relax knowing that Mention is still working in the background to collect data - even if I don't have time to monitor it.

What do you dislike?

My company's name is also a common phrase so we really need more personalization for our mentions. Right now in our search parameters we only have the option of five keywords or phrases to include and five keywords or phrases to omit. This narrows it down a bit but we still get irrelevant mentions on a regular basis. The algorithm is learning as we mark mentions 'irrelevant' but sometimes we don't want to mark a source as irrelevant because they may mention us at times as well. Also, sometimes the tool picks up mentions a few days after the actual mention was posted. This doesn't happen for tweets, still allowing us to respond on twitter in real time, but it does happen for news articles, which we would like to tweet links to immediately - not a few days later.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

My bosses require detailed reports and statistics on a regular basis. Mention helps me put together these reports without too much headache. The statistics & reporting tool is a godsend and the ability to export raw data is a huge bonus. With Mention, I can easily generate numbers, graphics, and specific details for my reports.

G2 Crowd User: Anonymous

French monitoring

What do you like best?

C'est assez simple d'utilisation et si vous avez un minimum de connaissances dans l'utilisation d'outils liés aux réseaux sociaux, vous vous y ferez facilement. Toutes les "mentions" cherchées en anglais ont été trouvées, nous testons maintenant en français et pour le moment cela fonctionne bien. Les influencers travaillent aussi en français.

What do you dislike?

Nous n'avons pas eu de problème particulier jusqu'à maintenant. J'ai pu lire que le coût pourrait être un problème mais honnêtement ils ont pu faire des offres intéressantes pour les entreprises donc je n'ai pas de soucis de ce côté là. L'app IOS n'est la plus fiable mais je ne donne mon avis que sur l'outil en général ici.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Il faut vraiment prendre le temps de comprendre comment le logiciel fonctionne si vous n'avez pas d’expérience sur ce type d'application. N’hésitez pas à les contacter directement pour obtenir l'aide, la moitié de notre équipe a commence à utiliser cet outil et nous avons pu avoir des sessions de formations et assistance en ligne, gratuitement.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Nous utilisons cet outil pour la gestion des social medias et nous en sommes satisfaits.

Jusqu'à présent le logiciel nous a permis de suivre des sources et cibles multiples (nous suivons chacun plusieurs comptes) et cela nous permet d'avoir une bonne vue d'ensemble de ces comptes, le tout étant disponible en un seul et même endroit.

G2 Crowd User: Anonymous
Validated Review

Discover media content with ease

What do you like best?

Mention has always make us discover content on the web and social media platforms which other tools missed. We especially enjoy the supportive and helpful staff that always gets back to us quickly.

The Buffer integration is a huge advantage for anyone who wants to use Mention for social community management, but as well for PR purposes.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. In the past I had a few bugs but the support team and tech got back to me quickly with a solution. The team really cares whenever I report a bug, especially through their NPS which I always get a personal response to within hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mention is a great tool for monitoring, with a clear and easy setup process, great support and a fair price for it's features and value. I would always recommended over other competitors who do not monitor historical data, since Mention is monitoring in real-time.

Another great implementation is the one with Buffer, you can connect your Buffer account and schedule posts directly from the Mention dashboard on your connected Buffer accounts.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

One benefit is that we always get notified first whenever we are mentioned online, even on forums such as Reddit which I normally would have never visited.

G2 Crowd User: Pauline L.
Validated Review

a new tool for a consolidated industry

What do you like best?

the easy to use interface and the support from the account managers. We are working a lot with them to figure out how to "mold" the tool for our needs and they are very responsive in giving us demo and a spare person to talk to.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Maybe if we had only one point of contact for both technical and commercial queries it would be easier to keep track of our communications, but i guess it's about different backgrounds.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We recently have been approached and introduced the tool for the marketing portion of our job. I really appreciate the fact that we can see in one dashboard many players and their footprint in the same place. We are still practicing but so far the tool has been a success here. We need to work with the company to have some training but so far we managed to consolidate plenty of reports we needed to estrapolate from different sources.

Learning about Mention?

We can help you find the product that fits you best.

Chat with an Advisor

Tags

* We monitor all Mention reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Need help? Talk to a human
Would you like to receive more information from Mention?