Mention

Mention

Create alerts for your brand, your industry, your company, your name or your competitors and be informed in real-time about any mentions on the web and social web.

Work for Mention?

Mention review by <span>Zee G.</span>
Zee G.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Awesome Way to Find Out Where You're Mentioned

What do you like best?

We've used it when we first founded our business and we wanted to track the mentions around the Internet. We really enjoyed it because you don't have to continuously google yourself (or your brand), instead, the mentions (especially when your brand name is somewhat unique) are coming to your inbox.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit steep if you're a small company. So you can start with the free account and see if this instrument is needed for you.

If you are using a free account, there is a limit on free mentions (quite understandable, but something to keep in mind). Otherwise, it can be a very convenient tool for marketing specialists, especially if you're using the dashboard available for listening analysis and competitive analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't have to google your company and filter through all the mentions in order to find out who is talking about you and what they are saying. There were times when someone mentioned us unexpectedly and it was a wonderful surprise to see it since we were a small IT startup back when I discovered Mention.

If you are a marketing specialist at a large company, it's a great tool to simplify your life.

Our company is not a big one and therefore every mention counts. Mention gives us the opportunity to easily track where who talks about us and what do they say (without resorting to daily googling our company name)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mention
Mention review by <span>Thibaut D.</span>
Thibaut D.

Great way to save time on scouting the web for mentions

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and effective. The most valuable feature for us is probably being able flag spam sources or irrelevant ones. It takes very little time to do and compounds in value as it really quickly cuts through the noise. Digests are also very handy for team members who don't have much time to dedicate to social listening but would still like to keep an eye on it.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike to be honest. Perhaps an easier way to reply on Twitter straight from the platform, but perhaps I missed this feature somehow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, it literally takes seconds to get started and the free trial is large enough to get a good idea of the platform's capabilities and whether it's a fit for you and your team or not.

We mostly use Mention for social media monitoring as well as influencer and blogger outreach. So, there are 2 main areas that we use Mention for:

1) Listening for mentions of Livestorm on social media and 2) Keeping track of articles related to our industry that don't mention us in order to follow up with the authors. In general, we also just reach out to authors or publication's owners in order to start a conversation, get to know them and being able to reach out again when we have relevant news to suggest.

What Social Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Mention review by <span>Alessandro P.</span>
Alessandro P.

Always keep an eye on your brand

What do you like best?

Mention is a great platform that allows you to monitor your brand accross the internet. Thanks to its simple interface is easy to learn how to use it and organize all the mentions regarding your brand. It works great if you're in a team. Mentions helps you to set filter if you do not want to monitor certain sites (for example we excluded our website, we know when we talk of ourself lol). Also the pprice can be affordable for solo enterpreteneurs and small business.

What do you dislike?

We found some problems of using the recent influenzer dashboard. If the Mention team work on it making it more handy and simple it will be a lot easier to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Mention everyday. I highly reccomend you to use this platform i fyou want to manage your brand reputation and also keep an eye on your field competitors.

We use Mention to keep an eye on what our customers or potential customers say about us but also we use it to follow the trends in our industry, especially from competitors.

Mention review by <span>Gianfranco C.</span>
Gianfranco C.

A great & easy-to-use media monitoring tool for everyone - businesses and individuals!

What do you like best?

Mention is quite a dynamic listening-tool: you can use it wisely to monitor a competitor, your own brand or business, or even (from a personal point of view) to check whenever anyone mention you in any social media or blog.

It has a super easy set-up and you can get started with fresh results in a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

The only 'con' was the limit in using the "Influencer Dashboard" from a personal plan; the only way to unlock this useful extra dashboard is to subscribe to Starter or Company plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try- you can opt in with a free trial and seeing after a couple of weeks if you're satisfied for the results. I've started using it for my company, but then also subscribed for my own personal branding as Social Media Manager / Growth Hacker: believe me, it really helps!

Lots of time saved in searching/analysing competitors, or being able to response in a timely fashion whenever your brand is mentioned anywhere.

We have been able to add an extra layer of quality to our Customer Support service, able to assist you, on any social media you mentioned us!

Mention review by <span>Sylvain B.</span>
Sylvain B.

Excellent outil de veille, avec une excellente équipe et relation client

What do you like best?

L'outil en lui même s'est placé dès le départ parmi les meilleures solutions de veille, et ce qui est tout aussi appréciable est la relation client avec l'équipe Mention qui est à l'écoute et prête attention au user feedback.

What do you dislike?

L'outil devrait mieux pouvoir d'éliminer les faux positifs, en faisant appel à de l'IA qui analyserait si une mention est effectivement pertinente ou non (tel que le fait Google avec le knowledge graph et les résultats de requêtes). Par ailleurs : il manque des possibilité de paramétrage dans le back office. On devrait en effet toujours avoir le choix et pouvoir, par exemple : choisir de désactiver le "sentiment" (automatiquement toujours attribué aux mentions). Enfin : Mention devrait proposer (grâce à un partenariat avec des services tiers ?) un moyen pour ses clients d'avoir une veille 360° (y compris hors web : cad PQN/PQR, TV, radios).

Mention permet le scan du web ouvert et pas seulement des résultats Google. C'est en cela une solution bien + complète que Google alerts.

Mention review by <span>Sarah N.</span>
Sarah N.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Comprehensive and helpful!

What do you like best?

I use a lot of different marketing tools for our agency and my favorite thing about Mention is that it seems to find mentions of our brand in places that my other tools miss. It helps me to keep track of who is talking about us, even if it's not @ or # on social media.

What do you dislike?

not a fan of the layout. I think that the layout should be overhauled to be more intuitive and small screen-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend updating the layout. I think that the three vertical panels isn't intuitive to use and causes me to have to hunt around more than I would like.

I am utilizing Mention to find where people are tagging or talking about us. If someone mentions our brand in a quote and I see that they didn't link to us or tag us; it gives me the ability to reach out to them and ask for proper attribution.

Learn more about Mention

Mention Videos

Learning about Mention?

* We monitor all Mention reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.