G2 Crowd Acquires Siftery to Create a New Way to Buy and Manage Software Spend ūüöÄ
Mention

Mention

Create alerts for your brand, your industry, your company, your name or your competitors and be informed in real-time about any mentions on the web and social web.

Work for Mention?

"Mention is awesome"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mention
Mention review by Zee G.
Zee G.

"Awesome Way to Find Out Where You're Mentioned"

What do you like best?

We've used it when we first founded our business and we wanted to track the mentions around the Internet. We really enjoyed it because you don't have to continuously google yourself (or your brand), instead, the mentions (especially when your brand name is somewhat unique) are coming to your inbox.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit steep if you're a small company. So you can start with the free account and see if this instrument is needed for you.

If you are using a free account, there is a limit on free mentions (quite understandable, but something to keep in mind). Otherwise, it can be a very convenient tool for marketing specialists, especially if you're using the dashboard available for listening analysis and competitive analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't have to google your company and filter through all the mentions in order to find out who is talking about you and what they are saying. There were times when someone mentioned us unexpectedly and it was a wonderful surprise to see it since we were a small IT startup back when I discovered Mention.

If you are a marketing specialist at a large company, it's a great tool to simplify your life.

Our company is not a big one and therefore every mention counts. Mention gives us the opportunity to easily track where who talks about us and what do they say (without resorting to daily googling our company name)

What Social Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Mention review by Christian C.
Christian C.

"Best in Class Brand Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Easy to use & understand your brand mentions

What do you dislike?

Can be a little pricey, depending on needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent for any level of professional for monitoring your brand, your client, and anyone seeking reputation intelligence.

I am able to completely monitor brand reputation and ensure that metrics are identified, reviewed, and focused on accordingly. I can monitor any mention of my personal information, my brands, or my clients which gives me the ability to enhance or resolve any mention and to act upon any information that is on the web. Monitoring Social allows me to engage immediately, and intelligently with anyone that speaks about my brand(s) positive or negative, Mention allows me to act quickly and to ensure the accuracy of information available. Daily digest notifications are perfect for monitoring any mentions, and I can quickly interact with those that are speaking about me or my brands. Mention is perfect for individuals OR agencies handling reputation management in any capacity. Their tools are complementary to any of your current platforms that allow monitoring and you can easily discover influencers, allowing you to have a more powerful and advantageous engagement with those influencers. The reporting feature is amazing and allows you to create reports that can be utilized for stakeholders, clients, or your own personal reference points for month-over-month mentions and ensure that you are headed in the right direction with your marketing and branding efforts.

Mention review by Thibaut D.
Thibaut D.

"Great way to save time on scouting the web for mentions"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and effective. The most valuable feature for us is probably being able flag spam sources or irrelevant ones. It takes very little time to do and compounds in value as it really quickly cuts through the noise. Digests are also very handy for team members who don't have much time to dedicate to social listening but would still like to keep an eye on it.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike to be honest. Perhaps an easier way to reply on Twitter straight from the platform, but perhaps I missed this feature somehow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, it literally takes seconds to get started and the free trial is large enough to get a good idea of the platform's capabilities and whether it's a fit for you and your team or not.

We mostly use Mention for social media monitoring as well as influencer and blogger outreach. So, there are 2 main areas that we use Mention for:

1) Listening for mentions of Livestorm on social media and 2) Keeping track of articles related to our industry that don't mention us in order to follow up with the authors. In general, we also just reach out to authors or publication's owners in order to start a conversation, get to know them and being able to reach out again when we have relevant news to suggest.

Mention review by Alessandro P.
Alessandro P.

"Always keep an eye on your brand"

What do you like best?

Mention is a great platform that allows you to monitor your brand accross the internet. Thanks to its simple interface is easy to learn how to use it and organize all the mentions regarding your brand. It works great if you're in a team. Mentions helps you to set filter if you do not want to monitor certain sites (for example we excluded our website, we know when we talk of ourself lol). Also the pprice can be affordable for solo enterpreteneurs and small business.

What do you dislike?

We found some problems of using the recent influenzer dashboard. If the Mention team work on it making it more handy and simple it will be a lot easier to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Mention everyday. I highly reccomend you to use this platform i fyou want to manage your brand reputation and also keep an eye on your field competitors.

We use Mention to keep an eye on what our customers or potential customers say about us but also we use it to follow the trends in our industry, especially from competitors.

Mention review by Gianfranco C.
Gianfranco C.

"A great & easy-to-use media monitoring tool for everyone - businesses and individuals! "

What do you like best?

Mention is quite a dynamic listening-tool: you can use it wisely to monitor a competitor, your own brand or business, or even (from a personal point of view) to check whenever anyone mention you in any social media or blog.

It has a super easy set-up and you can get started with fresh results in a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

The only 'con' was the limit in using the "Influencer Dashboard" from a personal plan; the only way to unlock this useful extra dashboard is to subscribe to Starter or Company plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try- you can opt in with a free trial and seeing after a couple of weeks if you're satisfied for the results. I've started using it for my company, but then also subscribed for my own personal branding as Social Media Manager / Growth Hacker: believe me, it really helps!

Lots of time saved in searching/analysing competitors, or being able to response in a timely fashion whenever your brand is mentioned anywhere.

We have been able to add an extra layer of quality to our Customer Support service, able to assist you, on any social media you mentioned us!

Mention review by Sylvain B.
Sylvain B.

"Excellent outil de veille, avec une excellente équipe et relation client"

What do you like best?

L'outil en lui même s'est placé dès le départ parmi les meilleures solutions de veille, et ce qui est tout aussi appréciable est la relation client avec l'équipe Mention qui est à l'écoute et prête attention au user feedback.

What do you dislike?

L'outil devrait mieux pouvoir d'√©liminer les faux positifs, en faisant appel √† de l'IA qui analyserait si une mention est effectivement pertinente ou non (tel que le fait Google avec le knowledge graph et les r√©sultats de requ√™tes). Par ailleurs : il manque des possibilit√© de param√©trage dans le back office. On devrait en effet toujours avoir le choix et pouvoir, par exemple : choisir de d√©sactiver le "sentiment" (automatiquement toujours attribu√© aux mentions). Enfin : Mention devrait proposer (gr√Ęce √† un partenariat avec des services tiers ?) un moyen pour ses clients d'avoir une veille 360¬į (y compris hors web : cad PQN/PQR, TV, radios).

Mention permet le scan du web ouvert et pas seulement des résultats Google. C'est en cela une solution bien + complète que Google alerts.

Mention review by Sarah N.
Sarah N.

"Comprehensive and helpful!"

What do you like best?

I use a lot of different marketing tools for our agency and my favorite thing about Mention is that it seems to find mentions of our brand in places that my other tools miss. It helps me to keep track of who is talking about us, even if it's not @ or # on social media.

What do you dislike?

not a fan of the layout. I think that the layout should be overhauled to be more intuitive and small screen-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend updating the layout. I think that the three vertical panels isn't intuitive to use and causes me to have to hunt around more than I would like.

I am utilizing Mention to find where people are tagging or talking about us. If someone mentions our brand in a quote and I see that they didn't link to us or tag us; it gives me the ability to reach out to them and ask for proper attribution.

Mention review by Stephen T.
Stephen T.

"Determining the value of Mention and it's influence on small business"

What do you like best?

How you see the strength of your posts. This service is a great way to understand your audience and in marketing for sales. It is a great way to see the power of interest in the products and services your company provides. I also like all the features available, such as, being able to communicate with an influencer who may have a positive effect on my business.

What do you dislike?

A lower price for businesses just starting out would be a great additive. I've found that some businesses are just starting out that do not have the capital to use useful tools like mention. A more extended probation period that doesn't negatively affects the company should be researched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Elygantthings highly recommends this company and its tools. Mention is a valuable tool for businesses heavily into analytics and tracking of their marketing results. This companies tools are perfect for understanding your influence and determining what type of content best suits the audience you have acquired.

I love how you can see and document your most successful posts. This fantastic tool in many ways can be used in many ways such as using results in presentations when giving a pitch to another company. You can tailor your marketing by the results provided effects and so much more.

Mention review by Heidi B.
Heidi B.

"AWESOME SOCIAL MEDIA TOOL!"

What do you like best?

Mention is a great service that sends me occasional emails that alert me when I have been mentioned by someone online. This allows me to respond to the person that mentioned my brand by thanking them for the tweet, post, status update, commenting on their blog, etc. It makes it LOOK like I follow them already, even if I really don't! Mention also allows me to respond if someone posts a complaint or an issue about my products online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get alerts for websites that I have tried to filter out. For example, I don't need an alert every time someone pins something from my site. I also don't need alerts for tweets that I am replying to, or in a conversation about, etc. Just participating in one Twitter Chat could wipe out ALL of your free mentions in a single day. Things like that happen, and you only get 100 "Mentions" per month with the free service. So unless you can get the filter to work properly, the free level of service won't work for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! I highly recommend it. It's easy to use, and a great time saver.

I am trying to streamline my social media presence and use it for marketing purposes.

Mention review by Scott R.
Scott R.

"Best I've Used"

What do you like best?

Helps me keep track of where someone's talked about me or one of my books.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that a lot of the features have been moved behind a paywall, but I understand that they need to make money. It is a business after all. I can't give away all of my books for free if I want to keep writing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to keep track of yourself or anything you've created, this is the site to use. I've yet to have an unexplained spike in sales that I couldn't go to mention and see where a website has promoted my book.

I'm so busy writing I don't have a lot of time for social media, and this helps me stay connected quickly and easily.

Mention review by Jon P.
Jon P.

"The best media monitoring tool I've found"

What do you like best?

There seems to be an endless number of media/social media monitoring companies. After reading loads of professional and user reviews, I narrowed my search to Mention and Brand24. I used both platforms for a few weeks before making my decision. While Brand24 offers many of the same features and is less expensive, #2 below was a deal breaker for me. I now have an annual "Company" plan with Mention. Here are my pros for Mention:

1. Exhaustive monitoring (I haven't found anything Mention has missed on social media, blogs, news sites, videos, corporate sites, etc)

2. Ability to interact with posts inside the app. (You can like, follow, etc. inside the app. This is where Brand24 came up short ‚Äď if you want to interact with a post, you have to click and go out of the app to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)

3. Notification speed (alerts flow in continuously throughout the day. Often the mention will have posted only minutes ago before the alert is issued)

4. Unlimited source blocking (as far I can tell)

5. Influencer scoring (via Klout for Twitter, Majestic for websites, and an internal system for Instagram)

6. Straightforward and attractive UX/UI

7. Listening analysis, competitive analysis, insights and reports (I haven't used all of these yet)

8. US-based account management and sales for US customers

9. Easy set up and maintenance

10. Boolean searches!!

What do you dislike?

While Mention offers the best in many areas, there is room for improvement:

1. You need to upgrade to a company/custom plan for Boolean searches. Without this, you can only exclude five words/terms for each search/alert. Unless you have a VERY unique company name and product category, you will spend a lot of time reading through irrelevant searches. You need Boolean, trust me! It would be nice to have one standard plan that includes Boolean.

2. The spam filter takes a long time to work ‚Ästit's a long game. You'll need to identify a lot of spam (here spam means irrelevant to your search, not traditional spam) over a long period of time for the Mention algorithms to begin knowing what to automatically exclude from your monitoring. So it's a nice feature to have, but not something you can quickly rely on.

3. If you have multiple accounts on the same social platform (e.g., two Twitter accounts) it requires three clicks to like a post or follow an account. First you need to click "like", then select the account want to use for the like, and then confirm by clicking "Save". The last step should be eliminated to save time.

4. For some reason, posts with video often won't load, so you have to click out of the app for those.

5. You can't receive alerts specific to the accounts you follow or have on a list (to my knowledge). It would be great to set up alerts only from accounts you have followed or have on a Twitter list, for example.

6. Occasionally the interface becomes unstable/unresponsive. In most cases, a simple page reload will clear up the issues.

7. The sentiment analysis appears to be rudimentary, likely based on the presence of certain words, rather than attempting to determine context.

8. I don't think support is available on weekends, and while there are account managers in the US (Eastern Time Zone), I believe the hardcore tech support staff is only located in Paris and likely only available during normal working hours in the Central European Time Zone.

Mention was such an upgrade from Google Alerts that it's hard to even make a comparison. It's like going from a battery powered toy car to a Tesla.

Mention review by Jason D.
Jason D.

"A useful tool for digital marketers & PR"

What do you like best?

It's an incredibly useful tool - that allows you to really get into what is being said about your brand and to track exactly how it is that you can control your message

What do you dislike?

I genuinely wish the pricing system was a little bit more flexible, I like the package I'm on but I think that the differential between price points is a little steep and this can really limit access to some other features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand how it can be integrated to you marketing strategy, to simply bump the ego it's not entirely useful, it should fit comfortably into your marketing strategy

Primarily around communications and perceptions, for our brand it's particularly important to remain aware of the challenges facing our brand

Mention review by Bart H.
Bart H.

"Mention used to be good by now their internet forum mining is terrible"

What do you like best?

I used to have a great relationship with Mention because they did what I expected. Then the results started lacking, close to 90% of previous results. They kept telling me they were working on their end to fix the problem. Nothing!

What do you dislike?

I then said I was going to cancel at the end of the month and the person helping me canceled my account without telling me that the package I had is no longer available. If she had I would have stayed on hoping for a fix in a reasonable time. Very disappointed in what they have become. Mention used to be very helpful with my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for Blog/Internet forum data do not waste your time. Heck, I wasn't even getting product release info from major publication's. I don't know what happened to Mention but they have been zero help to me since 10/2017

Online PR. Checking what customers are saying about our products and if they are having any issues.

Mention review by Penelope J.
Penelope J.

"Spread the Wealth and Tell Your Friends"

What do you like best?

I particularly like the Try It on For Size Free Plan. It is a generous program that entices users to work with the program, see how they can use it to integrate their business plan into their social platforms to build their brand and market more effectively to more readers and expand their base. Indie Authors are not typically born marketeers and having a program that they can easily SEE how effective the network of distribution channels and marketing plans and ads they are paying for to promote their books is right at their finger tips in a tangible way You can actually see what is and isn't working which better serves your future planning in that a project-able ROI is a handy thing to have to gauge exactly how much to invest.

What do you dislike?

I prefer a more legible contrast on my font ink. Small thing, but it is big to me. The little things slow me down. Grey on white is a pain and it aggravates me. Older users typically have my money to invest in profitable software but all too aften, developers market to their peers. Why is that?

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will never know if you don't try it. Obviously, Cyril is interested in the development of the software for end-user use. If it isn't working for the user it won't sell. And Cyril contacted me to see how the shoe fit.-- Quite nicely. I am considering an upgrade.

Distribution and growing my reader base by viewer to buyer conversion. I like it!

Mention review by Lauren F.
Lauren F.

"Mention Makes Listening Easy"

What do you like best?

Mention is great! The dashboards in the native web app make it a breeze to keep track of mentions of your company and competitors. More, it easily integrates with other tools you already use like Slack. I setup an integration through zapier, so I get real-time alerts when my company is mentioned. My team can benefit from this, too, so everyone is in the know when we are "picked up" somewhere.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards can get a little noisy, making it difficult to sort through.

Running marketing at a startup is exciting and also has limitations. With a lean team, we cannot be everywhere and hear, see, respond to everything. With mention, our lean team can be more aware and keep track of mentions, shout outs, coverage, and conversation about our brand and industry.

Mention review by Donna H.
Donna H.

"A great way of keeping on top of your social media monitoring - highly recommended!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that when I get to the office in the morning, I receive dedicated emails containing the social media mentions for each of my accounts, I can quickly review them, then pass them on to the account management team for further analysis and recording in our clients' coverage books.

Mention contains a lot more functions that we have yet to take advantage of, but we will be doing this in the coming months.

What do you dislike?

From our experience, Mention is a very solid media monitoring product that continues to meet our growing needs. Cost is always an issue, but Mention have managed to keep the service reasonably priced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and get the best out of the service by getting to grips with all the functionality.

Mention is solving the issue of monitoring a wide range of client accounts. The service has enabled us to demonstrate ROI and give us a platform for future growth.

Mention review by Aida Josefina G.
Aida Josefina G.

"Rese√Īa de Mention"

What do you like best?

Con mention puedo tener una visión cronológica de cada de las menciones que conseguimos en Carmencita Inc, a través de Twitter e Instagram, podemos programar publicaciones, buscar tópicos en específico siempre que lo queramos e incluso descargar las menciones en el formato que prefieras.

Mention te mantiene actualizado para que puedas dar respuesta a tus clientes en tiempo real.

What do you dislike?

Mention se ha convertido en la herramienta perfecta para mantener organizadas todas las menciones, así como también monitorear cada uno de los tópicos que nuestros contactos esten comentado; de esta manera podemos mantener una relación con nuestros clientes y contactos en tiempo real, razón por la cual no encontramos características negativas que reportar en Mention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mention recopila toda la información que se maneja en tus redes sociales con respecto a tus ventas y publicaciones programadas, especialmente la menciones, son organiadas de manera cronológica, para que de esta manera puedas dar respuesta a tus clientes en tiempo real.

Con mention, he definitivamente, dejado de googlear el nombre de mi compa√Īia, Carmencita Inc, para saber de comentarios en internet con respecto a los servicios que ofrecemos.

Podemos manejar las redes sociales que más utilizamos a través de Mention y conseguir un universo de posibilidades para mantenerte actualizado con respecto a las necesidades de tus clientes.

Mention review by Pedro N.
Pedro N.

"Deja de Buscarte en Google con Mention"

What do you like best?

Con Mention puedes dejar de buscar tus mentions en Google.

Mention puede organizar rápidamente todas y cada de las menciones que obtengas en cada de las redes sociales que hayas asociado a tu cuenta de Mention; te dice cuales son los comentarios de tus publicaciones y el flujo respuesta con respecto a lo productos que estes promocionando a través de tus redes sociales.

What do you dislike?

Mention puede filtrar cada comentario que se genera con respecto al contenido que se publica a través de tus redes sociales, para de esta manera tener un monitoreo completo de cada de estas y asi poder dar respuesta a cada de una de las publicaciones que generes; después de un uso exhaustivo no encontramos caracteristicas negativas que resportar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mention filtra toda la información y el feedbak que se genera de tus cuentas en redes sociales para que puedas monitorear muy de cerca todas y cada una, para de esta manera mejorar y actualizarte en tu sector.

En Peter Nation Entertainment hemos dejado de googlear nuetra cuenta para encontrar comentarios adicionales de nuestros contactos y clientes. Podemos con Mention hacer una revisión completa de todo el contenido que se genera a través de nuestras clientes, así como también pogramar las publicaciones en los horarios más convenientes.

Mention es una excelente herramienta de trabjo.

Mention review by Aaron T.
Aaron T.

"Amazing product that helps to keep you competitive in the digital marketing age!"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use interface and the constant upgrade of the product. Plus they help you set up accurate keyword monitoring.

What do you dislike?

Not much! I would love more integration with difference products, like Moz or even some form of marketing automation software. I'm being nit picky though, there really isn't anything I dislike about Mention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that will help you monitor your brand or key conversations and do not have a huge budget for new software, I would absolutely suggest getting Mention!

We lacked any software that allowed us to listen in on customer or potential customer conversations. With Mention, we were able to discover these conversations and saw and increase of sales associated with joining these ongoing social conversations.

Mention review by Ilaria B.
Ilaria B.

"Easy way to monitor your brand and competitors"

What do you like best?

The interface of Mention is so good that we love to use it a lot. We love the fact that for each "alert" of a mention you can see the location, sentiment, listening and also the influencers work on the mention. So it's not just matter of the weigh or volume of the mentions, but all the elements that create it. It have also a good managing of the roles in it.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is really slow. You need to understand it well before using it, and you do not have so much help in the FAQ or How To sections. They have to improve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to control your business and your activityes onto the social world, Mention is the best choice that you can make.

Thanks to Mention we can keep an eye on every social mention of our events and see how well the audience perceive our presence. Also Mention helps us to understand in wich way the "competitor's events" move to see what we need to improve to stand out before them.

Mention review by Surbhi D.
Surbhi D.

"Been using mention since two years at two companies. My go-to product. "

What do you like best?

I get to keep tabs on anywhere my brand is mentioned, which helps me reach out to my target audience on multiple platforms, and push conversions and retention.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such. I wish I could upgrade to premium plans, but I work in the startup ecosystem where money is tight, so I don't see this as a drawback. You have a great product, and I can't complain about your monetizing is. That's how a business works.

I get all my mentions at the same place. All platforms across the Internet brought together under one dashboard. I also use ither online marketing tools, and sometimes mention shows me data that they don't, which is a huge plus. With mention, I'm not missing anytime my brand is mentioned.

Mention review by Gail J.
Gail J.

"Mention is a Great Program"

What do you like best?

Love this program, and may look into getting the paid subscription, because of how well it skims the internet for information..

What do you dislike?

The paid subscriptions are for WAY more mentions that my small company warrants.

* The "not relevant" feature does not seem to screen out the non-relevant information as it suggests it does.

* The "free" subscription does not seem to work as well as I would hope, which makes me wonder if the paid version would work any better.

Solving the problem of finding media and visitor posts - who do not know our tags and social media accounts. The benefits are that I have found "mentions" I otherwise would never have been able to find.

Mention review by Niels T.
Niels T.

"Really helpful in keeping track of all the online keywords about your company"

What do you like best?

I like how mention has a friendly user interface. really helpful in finding mentions about the company, yet it has some downturn in pricing for the enterprise. Start plan is very helpful if your company only has a broad targeting.

What do you dislike?

- Price for enterprise

- Could only afford starter plan version

- With narrow targeting you need enterprise version which cost 7000 euro per year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Starter Plan version is good enough but if you company has a common name it will bring mentions from other company's online. It will also track a lot of @ mentions from twitter on the dashboard. With Enterprise, I heard you can really narrow down your input in mentions but the price is really high compare to other tools. can't keep track of Instagram unfortunately.

We are solving problem about keeping track of all online mentions about our company from blogs, news, social media and other online platforms.

Mention review by James H.
James H.

"Real time keyword monitoring"

What do you like best?

The program is extremely easy to use and the customer support is phenomenal. Mention gives you the ability to quickly respond to all of the listings of your mentions on all the major social media sites with it's login integrations.

What do you dislike?

The customization for keywords is lackluster. Without having the option to exclude words from the search, it can sometimes bring up way more results than you are asking for, which could eat up your quota for mentions very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for using a simple real time keyword finder. Not so great if you don't have a unique phrase or company name you commonly use.

We were able to find mentions of our company on sites that google alerts would not be able to find.

Mention review by Cache W.
Cache W.

"Bang for your buck!"

What do you like best?

The quality of the product without a bundle of unnecessary functions, plus the Mobile App is great! For someone looking to keep tabs on social for either Marketing purposes and or PR this is a great solution. The platform allows you to keep a pulse for what is going on without having to spend unnecessary amounts of time. I have utilized it during multiple major announcements throughout my career and have been able to quickly track and analyze what is going on and then pull the information from that platform and provide around the clock updates to Senior Leadership. Mention gives me a ton of confidence in providing my boss with the information they need and shows them that we have our bases covered. If you are looking for something in this realm I would highly suggest starting with Mention.

What do you dislike?

The reporting and specifically the exporting of reporting data could be better. That being said you get what you pay for and the abilities of the platform and the intuitive nature outweigh the reporting short comings.

We primarily use Mention to track social media interactions and look for trends during key events and announcements. The benefits to Mention are the ability to track what is being said about the brand and or products across the web in one platform. For anyone using Google Alerts you should move to Mention and realize the benefits without having to overpay for another software platform.

Mention review by Carlos S.
Carlos S.

"For active social media users with unique names."

What do you like best?

Mention can be helpful for companies and users that are active on social media, especially when that content will be shared or when engaging with media.

What do you dislike?

My frustration with Mention came from false positives. I received many alerts for mentions of my company name (just the first word), though they had nothing even close to do with my business. If your business name is generic, or in my case based on the name of a place, the constant false positives were incessant. Filtering and alerting that mentions of a township, often in another country were received weekly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give the application a trial period to evaluate the effectiveness of capturing your usage and activity. The false positives can be frustrating. I used Mention for a limited number of platforms but would certainly want to check if on others that I did not use because they were not a fit for my business - e.g. facebook, Instagram, youtube.

I was offering quotes to the media and was not hearing back from the publications if my quote was used. I used mention could alert me to users sharing my social media content or to be alerted when my name or company name was mentioned in the news or online.

Mention review by Henrik C.
Henrik C.

"Valuable tool"

What do you like best?

It was quite easy to understand how it works and get it set up for first use. I managed to get all of our SoMe accounts connected and started using features within an hour or so.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I found negative was the inability to get sentiment right in Swedish/Danish/Norwegian. The ability to listen was my first priority and I was hoping that the sentiment tool would be the most usefull.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear SoMe strategy in place and a clear picture of what you want to achive. We did not have that and thats why we did not really benefit from Mention. Also make sure that you know what you want to accomplish with the tool itself.

We wanted to follow our brand on SoMe and tried Mention as a tool to get this done. It worked fine, but what we found was that there was so little activity around our brand, that it did not really make sense to track it ... Currently we are not at a point where we can use that insight to change our brands SoMe prescence.

Mention review by Jon A.
Jon A.

"Deep searches across digital platforms makes Mention a staple!"

What do you like best?

Mention is our go to deep search across the internets. It allows us to keep a constant read on what people are saying about our brand, staff and organization. UI & UX are so important for ease of use and Mention has a great eye for both of those. Adding mentions/searches are so simple, getting your social media channels loaded in and searching are simple and straight forward.

What do you dislike?

The price point for this tool scales quickly. $29 for 3,000 mentions and only 3 searches. Seems like $10-20 might be a better price point for their lowest plan. Other than the price point, I love the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to get notification about your brand from the far reaches of the internet, Mention is the service for you. Not only is the UI simple and easy to use, the support is fantastic. There are quick ways to sort and get rid of junk mentions or mentions that aren't relevant to you.

We needed a place to deep search the internet and Mention does just that. It's simple, the UI and UX are simple, straight forward. The sales team is a great resource and helped us get set up quickly. They also allowed us to demo a higher plan to see if we would need the higher plans.

Mention review by Phil C.
Phil C.

"Great asset for social listening. "

What do you like best?

With Mention, they are consistently evolving and offering new listening tools to their clients. I am most excited about their new TV monitoring tools.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike from Mention. I do wish their location tracking was a bit more powerful. Ultimately, I would love to see some tracking with Snapchat and Instagram stories, but I am not sure the API is available yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need content from Instagram or Snapchat use another software, but everything else that is offered from Mention is fanstastic.

We have an active need to be social listening for our clients, so using this platform is critical to offering strong listening services for our clients.

Mention review by User

"Best press mention tracking tool I've ever used"

What do you like best?

Mention's crawlers pick up just about everything.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything I don't like about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's affordable enough to evaluate as an add on to your other PR and marketing tools. In time you'll find Mention is more robust and thorough at finding pickups compared to your other tools.

Working in PR for more than a decade, I've used several press mention tracking tools - Cision, Meltwater, Google Alerts, etc. - and found that most of them missed the mark when alerting us of pickups. I'd have an investor email me a blog article that included our company, or colleagues email me a link to a chat forum that mentioned our company, and often times, our expensive press tracking tools didn't see them. I found out about Mention from a marketing conference I went to and have been hooked ever since. Mention's crawlers pick up just about everything - tweets, chats, forums, blog posts, and even international mentions. I love knowing I won't miss a beat with the tool.

Mention review by Kenny K.
Kenny K.

"Mention Helps My Business Keep Track of Our Brand Online"

What do you like best?

The best part of Mention is being able to find mentions of our brand that we probably would have missed. This way we can contact the web owners and acquire a link if none are present. This helps us with our organic rankings and direct traffic.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options for filtering on the plan our company currently subscribes to. I'd love to be able to filter out mentions on sites we already know about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want more control over filtering, you may have to purchase a higher priced plan, but if you're looking to get simple mentions that will help you increase your visibility online and keep track of negative press, the lowest cost plan will work perfectly.

Our company is increasing our brand presence online and increasing traffic and visibility online. This helps us grow subscribers and revenue.

Mention review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"An essential business tool! "

What do you like best?

it is easy to use. Set up in minutes.

Mentions allow real-time updates of my Music artists and competitors. The wealth of data collated can be viewed from a dashboard for quick updates while by the click of a button the date can be unpacked to gain greater insights.

Mentions is a great way of listening to customer feedback not just from our clients but their competitors. Ultimately Mentions has to lead to a better CRM and ROI.

What do you dislike?

that mentions, wasn't my idea. I am a start up business (full-time business student) so I don't have the funds right now get the subscription just yet - frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this platform was suggested by a student in a marking my university webinar for digital marking strategies. he recommended it as a great tool for strategy since he's workplace has been using it. After trialling it, I to will highly recommend it to others.

Understand who our competitors are and their tactics. listening to the social conversation about my artist. the benefits are having one simple tool to access social listening and its a nice looking app. For music artists, the price point of the service is key in gaining CLV.

Mention review by Maddy O.
Maddy O.

"A great tool for keeping track of brand mentions across social media"

What do you like best?

Mention always finds the weird random spots I get mentioned on the internet, and there are many. I write for several high-quality publications, and sometimes these posts are scraped and republished elsewhere. It's also good for finding when something I wrote gets mentioned as part of a roundup. And if someone doesn't tag me on social media, Mention finds my name on random profiles!

What do you dislike?

The difference between the free and paid plans is a big jump in pricing. I'd love to use some of the more advanced features, but can't justify the price as a freelancer who has limited needs compared to a corporation who can more easily afford it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Why not give the free plan a try? Once you see it in action, you may opt for a paid plan based on your needs.

See "what do you like best" - pretty much sums it up. Lots of random use cases have presented themselves throughout the time I've used it.

Mention review by Dustin W. S.
Dustin W. S.

"Most beautiful social listening experience"

What do you like best?

As someone who is a real stickler for UI/UX design, I can't help but have a smile on my face while using Mention. The interface is gorgeous, intuitive, and easy to use for all tasks. I also believe it has one of the most powerful social listening engines because it finds things other tools don't. Super happy with the product as a whole.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the pricing model. I wish it was a bit more flexible for smaller businesses. Other than that, there's really nothing to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, it's the best place to start with Social Listening IMO. Quick and easy setup, simple to begin using right away even if you have no prior experience.

Discovering brand mentions or links to our content that we couldn't have otherwise found. On top of that, we needed to be able to follow up with those brand mentions/links in an efficient manner. Mention solves both of those problems in the best way I've found.

Mention review by Aziza Y.
Aziza Y.

"Great Corporate experience with Mention"

What do you like best?

It sends me timely notifications of all related mentions of our organisation, which allows my department to track easily our engagement progress online. You can modify number of notification you wish to receive per day, its also available via app, which allows me to stay on top of our media activities.

What do you dislike?

I believe if could also add language diversification and capture Arabic mentions for example as well. It could help number of Arabic speaking countries, businesses and people. I would also suggestion Russian language as this also is widely used in many countries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider expanding language coverage, as mentioned Arabic and Russia would add value.

We use it for our corporate communication department, to manage our online profiles and engagements. It also helps us to stay connected with our members, by knowing what and when they say about us and being fast in responding to their comments.

Mention review by Hande Y.
Hande Y.

"Very bad experience"

What do you like best?

It might be useful for free version users, although they have to take their reports frequently because of the limitation of the free account.

What do you dislike?

I used Mention to prepare a report for a company. I needed a one month report but I was not able to get one month data from there. I could have 7 days data. So I decide to upgrade my account but I didn't know that would not help my problem. After upgrading my account to Solo, I couldn't download my data which I can do it as a free account user for 7 days. They said that you need to upgrade to Starter with a price of 99 euros monthly, and I did, but it was changed nothing that I was still not able to download my data. And they said that you need Custom account which has a price starts with 6k euros / yearly. I never knew that it was going that way, I never get any benefit, I paid 99 euros for nothing and their help center refused to paid my money back. I think it is a shame for them I never used their Starter account, I switched it and told them instantly after upgrading. Even though they saw that I didn't get anything that I want. So please be careful by upgrading your account, you will not be able to download your data with a Solo and Starter, they want everyone to switch ther Custom acoount which is very expensive.

Nothing.

Mention review by Barry W.
Barry W.

"Must have service for any small business"

What do you like best?

At their price point, Mention is the best solution for small businesses and startups that want to monitor their reputation on social media.

What do you dislike?

I was pretty happy with my evaluation of the product, but of course there's always room for improvement. I hope to see them grow and add more features.

Monitoring social media mentions helps in several ways; First of all, it helps business owners keep an eye on their reputation in order to address and correct any potentially negative customer mentions before they become a issue. Secondly, it helps to promote and interact with any positive customer feedback as soon as possible in order to reward customers and build brand loyalty.

Mention review by Tim C.
Tim C.

"Like a Google Alerts for social media"

What do you like best?

I subscribe to both Google Alerts and Mention alerts, and for me Mention alerts are usually more relevant and actionable because they allow me to quickly find tweets or posts with relevant keywords, and then reply, retweet or share right within the Mention interface or on Twitter.

What do you dislike?

I tend to use the desktop app and email alerts because I'm not a big fan of the iphone app functionality.

I'm a blogger and I try to find other people in my target audience on Twitter with specific keyword combinations. Rather than searching on Twitter manually, Mention brings these people to me.

Mention review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Maybe I Just Don't Get It?"

What do you like best?

Honestly, nothing. I haven't had much luck with Mention. The information that comes back hasn't been about our brand and it isn't very easy to use. I've only used the free version but based on results, don't think I'd consider buying a subscription.

What do you dislike?

Everything. I don't like the UX, the features and functionality are clunky and the actual product doesn't seem to provide much of what I'm looking for. I feel bad trashing the tool, but when all you get is a bunch of off-brand info, it isn't very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or just don't get it but I've had zero luck with Mention. I guess I'd say to lean on their support to help you set up the correct alerts?

I initially tried to use this as a social monitoring tool but the data coming back was off base. As a result, it really isn't solving any problem.

Mention review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"Great influencer marketing tool"

What do you like best?

I love Mention influencer analysis: They break influencers into social media influencers and web influencers and use their own score to rank them. You can see how many interactions each influencer has with the brand you are monitoring. You can follow and reply to each one on the list. You can create automated recurring reports to document your influencer interactions regularly. You can also see which influencers a competing brand is interacting with. Since I am very involved into influencer marketing, these tools are very helpful. Other good features: Day-by-day activity reports, sentiment reports, related tags...

What do you dislike?

Mention has good tiers allowing you to choose a plan that best suits you. However the individual plan is both too limited and too expensive. I think the need something similar to what Hootsuite does: a $5 plan for that selection of options that would suit freelancers and bloggers better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unfortunately mention doesn't have a free plan but you can use a 14-day trial to understand if this is something you'd need.

Mention is a great way to scale influencer marketing reports (Something that we used to do manually), so it saves lots of time.

Mention review by Claire B.
Claire B.

"I recommend Mention "

What do you like best?

I love receiving the notifications in my inbox when my search terms have been mentioned online, it saves me time, not having to worry about checking various platforms.

I often find potential leads that I would not have known about, without mention notifications. A very useful tool for keeping in touch with how people are mentioning your business online.

What do you dislike?

I'd like access to paid features at a lower price, I don't have high volumes of mentions to justify £29 per month.

not missing mentions about me online, so I can follow up with potential leads

Mention review by Federico G.
Federico G.

"Using Mention for Online Reputation"

What do you like best?

I use mention for the monitoring of people and brands, and is very good its capacity of answer in time and speed. It has excellent reports and is easily configurable

What do you dislike?

The only points to improve are minor issues such as the colors in the reports and some limitations of the mobile application

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mention is an excellent tool for monitoring social networks, with a great platform of visual reports, and has a price-quality relationship far superior to that of its competitors. I currently use the company edition and for $ 500 dollars per month, and I have not found better solutions for this money

Mention helps me to have real-time alerts, moniorear themes, brands and people, and generate reports quickly without the need to use other tools like Excell or similar

Mention review by Kelly W.
Kelly W.

"Love it "

What do you like best?

I like that it is convenient to see everything in one spot and across multiple different platforms. It also helps you know what is being said about your company employees and even others in your field depending on how you have set up your alerts.

What do you dislike?

The only thing is that it is a little slow at times and it makes it time-consuming when sorting through some of the unneeded articles or mentions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like that you can put in keywords and learn what is being said not only about the company or employees but about other companies in your field.

We need to have more of a social media presence and possible showcase more of our community involvement.

Mention review by Winnie H.
Winnie H.

"A very good tool for social listening and management"

What do you like best?

Several facebook fan page owners from several countries can manage their alerts for one brand in one place, which is very smart and easy for headquarter controls.

What do you dislike?

It will be perfect to have a dashboard about what mentions had been responded so the headquarter can know the actual achievements.

Mention gives what people are talking about our brand daily from many sources and well organized in one page. We only need to focus on the key word settings and no worry about the rest of things.

Mention review by Administrator

"They charged our company credit card $6000 USD without our permission and will not return the money."

What do you like best?

We leveraged mention for tracking some conversations for some of the brands and categories we were working on. The functionality was good. The platform worked well but it was costly given the volume of mentions we were tracking.

What do you dislike?

They screwed us out of $6000 grand. We agreed to a one-year contract with them and provided our credit card for a one-time charge. A year and a half later, we notice a $6000 USD charge on our company credit card. It is Mention. We requested a refund as we were no longer using the service, and we were waiting for our contract to expire. They refuse because their Terms and Conditions allow them to recharge our credit card annually. When we pointed we were never provided the Terms and Conditions, there was no reference to Terms and Conditions on the documentation we approved and that we never accepted any Terms and Conditions they are still refusing to refund the money. So, no we have to take them to small claims court if we want our money back. So, if you are going to use them I would not provide them with your credit card information, or if you do, immediately contact your bank or credit card company and put a block on them to protect yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Force them to sign a contract that protects you from the Terms and Conditions. They were never shared with our team, and we thought we had a one-year agreement as per our invoice and documentation. They then charged us $6000 on our company credit card without our permission. So I would also suggest paying via wire or cheque to protect yourself and your company.

We were using them for basic social media listening.

Mention review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"The Best Tool For Monitoring Online Chatter"

What do you like best?

Love this tool - I use it every day! The best part is that it finds online chatter that other tools like Google alerts, Meltwater and others miss.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't love! It's just such a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there's not alot of buzz online about your brand, this might not be the best tool for you. But if there is, it's the perfect tool!

Using this tool, I can get a real feel for how people are responding to my brand online - it's like having a PI working for you.

Mention review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Anti consumer behavior & charges you incorrectly. "

What do you like best?

Quick installation and easy of use with minimum manual intervention. .

What do you dislike?

The staff does not communicate or highlights that the account is in auto-renewal. Ones the credit card is charged (no way of removing the card or any prior alert) they will not refund the money or cancel the account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have it in writing from them regarding the renewal date, notice period that is required to cancel the account or get your credit card blocked after one payment. Otherwise the company with charge an annual subscription and will not refund money.

We help our clients keep a track of any negative mentions and help resolve customers' query.

Mention review by Peter F.
Peter F.

"A handy tool that helps with awareness"

What do you like best?

We use mention to maintain awareness of all the places that people are talking about our product. We find the daily notifications super helpful - there are all sorts of obscure corners of the internet where people talk about us, that we wouldn't otherwise be aware of.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular - we mostly interact with mention via the email digests that it sends out. Sometimes its results aren't super accurate, but mostly they are.

Awareness of where on the internet people are talking about our product.

Mention review by Prateek S.
Prateek S.

"This Tools Actually Works"

What do you like best?

Everyday I get new links of blogs, pages with my brand mentions. First 2-3 days I thought it's just another useless tool as I just receive twitter mentions only. But after that everything's been changed. I get 1-2 mentions everyday sometimes more. This is beauty! Thank you guys.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing which I could say I hate. This tool is just wonderful, it does what it says.

I want backlinks for my website.

Learn more about Mention

Mention Videos

Learning about Mention?

* We monitor all Mention reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.