Mention
Badge 1426538711

Mention

42 9.0 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Create alerts for your brand, your industry, your company, your name or your competitors and be informed in real-time about any mentions on the web and social web.

Mention Reviews (42)

• The product itself is just really well designed, it allows me to track everything that I need, whether it is a unique term, my username on a particular social network,... Read More
    0 uq vajzaupklugvemfndausk20xfbgvemx65asj81vr9ejcoh8g98vsmglkjqsnqs5rx3jwvoyki
    Orlando K.
  • Mention has made it very easy and simple to track conversations about our brand across the web. I am able to respond to these "mentions" in real time, be them negative... Read More
    G2 Crowd User in Non-Profit Organization Management
Updated On
Validated Review

Great product, great service!

What do you like best?

Mention is a fantastic product that is easy to set up and makes keeping a pulse on my company and industry quick and simple. There's lots of customizable options for alert settings to dial in exactly what you need see.

The service of the company representatives are some of the finest that I've encountered. Very friendly, quick to solve problems and are proactive in ensuring everything is running smoothly on your account.

All in all, Mention is great!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Seriously. There is nothing in my everyday use of the product that annoys or bothers me. It was intuitively designed to just work with the inputs that you give it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some research and determine what your needs are. There are lots of products out there for this type of service and give a couple a trial run to see what you think. I went through that process and of the two or three that I was testing Mention was the one that I always came back to for accurate information that was easy to see.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Not really business problems, but I wanted to keep a pulse on what others were saying about our industry and our company. I feel very much in touch with what is going on now and it is great to use that information to manage our growth.

Validated Review

Best Altert Platform on the Market!

What do you like best?

The dashboard is intuitive and easy to use. Another feature I really like is that all my clients can be seen from one dashboard. You can mark how relevant the alert is to your company, view stats on the type of mentions received, react to the mention and much more. This is by far the best alert program I have ever used in my 13 years of digital marketing experience. I highly recommend this program to any agency or independent contractor looking to mange alerts. Best of all, I can set my clients up on it as a user and allow them to manage their alerts internally.

Another item I love, is that I don't need Google Alerts anymore and my inbox isn't flood with their alerts. Now I am not missing any emails and I can easily view the alerts that come in.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about the program.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

The biggest problem this solves for me is my inbox getting flooded with emails from Google Alerts. When you manage a few clients and they proactively do PR, your email can be bombarded with emails if you are set up on Google Alerts and it's hard to view all of them. This program removed Google Alerts. The dashboard if VERY organized and allows me to quickly see what type of alerts we have received according to channel.

All my clients are listed on one dashboard and I am able to quickly respond. One of the biggest benefits, is I can set my clients up as a user and they can manage everything in one place. They really love this program for managing all the alerts they receive.

Updated On

Mention for overall monitoring

What do you like best?

Does grab mentions from ALL over the web, very easy to set up and use, and having it email a daily or weekly summary is great.

What do you dislike?

You have to be diligent in your set-up. If you neglect key words or marking things as irrelevant, your quota for mentions fills up quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've been utilizing the free version since it's only during certain events we've been needing to heavily monitor things, so from that standpoint, it's perfect for what we need when we need it. The only drawback to the free version is if you've not been attentive to the initial "mentions" set up your limited amount of mentions fills up quickly. If we were in need of this throughout the year, we would definitely jump on one of the paid versions.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We have a broad array of areas in our organization and keeping track of all the places they're mentioned went well beyond the abilities of Google Alerts. Mention worked well (after we became more diligent in our set-up and keywords, what to avoid, etc.). It is quick, broad, and made for easy tracking.

Good product, great service

What do you like best?

Mention helps me build reports and statistics based on tweets, facebook posts, and news articles written about our company. I can respond to tweets in real-time and keep track of reviews of services and of what our clients are saying in the public realm. Any time I have a question or an issue with the product, I know I can contact our account manager and he will take care of it immediately. Mention is just as good as some of the more expensive products out there and is a phenomenal service for the price. When I'm swamped in the office, I can relax knowing that Mention is still working in the background to collect data - even if I don't have time to monitor it.

What do you dislike?

My company's name is also a common phrase so we really need more personalization for our mentions. Right now in our search parameters we only have the option of five keywords or phrases to include and five keywords or phrases to omit. This narrows it down a bit but we still get irrelevant mentions on a regular basis. The algorithm is learning as we mark mentions 'irrelevant' but sometimes we don't want to mark a source as irrelevant because they may mention us at times as well. Also, sometimes the tool picks up mentions a few days after the actual mention was posted. This doesn't happen for tweets, still allowing us to respond on twitter in real time, but it does happen for news articles, which we would like to tweet links to immediately - not a few days later.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

My bosses require detailed reports and statistics on a regular basis. Mention helps me put together these reports without too much headache. The statistics & reporting tool is a godsend and the ability to export raw data is a huge bonus. With Mention, I can easily generate numbers, graphics, and specific details for my reports.

Validated Review

An indispensible social listening and community building tool

What do you like best?

I started using Mention about 6 months ago, and it almost immediately became an indispensible part of my community management toolbox. I'm a consultant, and it allows me to monitor conversations around multiple brands as well as follow industry news and topics in my relevant communities. I can respond right there in the app, pass things along to teammates, Buffer re-tweets and other shares, and make notes. It is such a deceptively powerful product. As a result of using it, I have been able to grow my communities, make new connections, and alert higher-ups of important conversations happening around their companies.

What do you dislike?

The mention limits! I always want more! I'd also love more pricing structures, especially for consultants or for small businesses/single founders. These costs add up. More filtering options would also always be nice, though I don't even know what they should be since they're so robust already.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their free trial is generous, so if you're thinking of using this, DO it. After I did, I knew I couldn't live without it. When you use it the first time, be sure to think for a while on what alerts are most important to you and how to properly filter out the noise. Once you do, your mentions will become clean and curated and each one will be relevant. So powerful!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

The need to listen to customers, picking up on conversations happening around brands in real time, finding new people to invite into the community based on their similar interests, identifying A-grade content to share and re-distribute.

Tags

* We monitor all Mention reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Mention?