G2 Crowd builds the world's largest business commerce platform fueled by $100M in funding ūüöÄ
Mention

Mention

Create alerts for your brand, your industry, your company, your name or your competitors and be informed in real-time about any mentions on the web and social web.

Work for Mention?

Learning about Mention?

Mention Reviews

Ask Mention a Question
Showing 367 Mention reviews
Mention review by Zee G.
Zee G.

"Awesome Way to Find Out Where You're Mentioned"

What do you like best?

We've used it when we first founded our business and we wanted to track the mentions around the Internet. We really enjoyed it because you don't have to continuously google yourself (or your brand), instead, the mentions (especially when your brand name is somewhat unique) are coming to your inbox.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit steep if you're a small company. So you can start with the free account and see if this instrument is needed for you.

If you are using a free account, there is a limit on free mentions (quite understandable, but something to keep in mind). Otherwise, it can be a very convenient tool for marketing specialists, especially if you're using the dashboard available for listening analysis and competitive analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't have to google your company and filter through all the mentions in order to find out who is talking about you and what they are saying. There were times when someone mentioned us unexpectedly and it was a wonderful surprise to see it since we were a small IT startup back when I discovered Mention.

If you are a marketing specialist at a large company, it's a great tool to simplify your life.

Our company is not a big one and therefore every mention counts. Mention gives us the opportunity to easily track where who talks about us and what do they say (without resorting to daily googling our company name)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mention
Mention review by Christian C.
Christian C.

"Best in Class Brand Monitoring"

What do you like best?

Easy to use & understand your brand mentions

What do you dislike?

Can be a little pricey, depending on needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent for any level of professional for monitoring your brand, your client, and anyone seeking reputation intelligence.

I am able to completely monitor brand reputation and ensure that metrics are identified, reviewed, and focused on accordingly. I can monitor any mention of my personal information, my brands, or my clients which gives me the ability to enhance or resolve any mention and to act upon any information that is on the web. Monitoring Social allows me to engage immediately, and intelligently with anyone that speaks about my brand(s) positive or negative, Mention allows me to act quickly and to ensure the accuracy of information available. Daily digest notifications are perfect for monitoring any mentions, and I can quickly interact with those that are speaking about me or my brands. Mention is perfect for individuals OR agencies handling reputation management in any capacity. Their tools are complementary to any of your current platforms that allow monitoring and you can easily discover influencers, allowing you to have a more powerful and advantageous engagement with those influencers. The reporting feature is amazing and allows you to create reports that can be utilized for stakeholders, clients, or your own personal reference points for month-over-month mentions and ensure that you are headed in the right direction with your marketing and branding efforts.

What Social Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Mention review by Thibaut D.
Thibaut D.

"Great way to save time on scouting the web for mentions"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use and effective. The most valuable feature for us is probably being able flag spam sources or irrelevant ones. It takes very little time to do and compounds in value as it really quickly cuts through the noise. Digests are also very handy for team members who don't have much time to dedicate to social listening but would still like to keep an eye on it.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike to be honest. Perhaps an easier way to reply on Twitter straight from the platform, but perhaps I missed this feature somehow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, it literally takes seconds to get started and the free trial is large enough to get a good idea of the platform's capabilities and whether it's a fit for you and your team or not.

We mostly use Mention for social media monitoring as well as influencer and blogger outreach. So, there are 2 main areas that we use Mention for:

1) Listening for mentions of Livestorm on social media and 2) Keeping track of articles related to our industry that don't mention us in order to follow up with the authors. In general, we also just reach out to authors or publication's owners in order to start a conversation, get to know them and being able to reach out again when we have relevant news to suggest.

Mention review by Alessandro P.
Alessandro P.

"Always keep an eye on your brand"

What do you like best?

Mention is a great platform that allows you to monitor your brand accross the internet. Thanks to its simple interface is easy to learn how to use it and organize all the mentions regarding your brand. It works great if you're in a team. Mentions helps you to set filter if you do not want to monitor certain sites (for example we excluded our website, we know when we talk of ourself lol). Also the pprice can be affordable for solo enterpreteneurs and small business.

What do you dislike?

We found some problems of using the recent influenzer dashboard. If the Mention team work on it making it more handy and simple it will be a lot easier to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Mention everyday. I highly reccomend you to use this platform i fyou want to manage your brand reputation and also keep an eye on your field competitors.

We use Mention to keep an eye on what our customers or potential customers say about us but also we use it to follow the trends in our industry, especially from competitors.

Mention review by Gianfranco C.
Gianfranco C.

"A great & easy-to-use media monitoring tool for everyone - businesses and individuals! "

What do you like best?

Mention is quite a dynamic listening-tool: you can use it wisely to monitor a competitor, your own brand or business, or even (from a personal point of view) to check whenever anyone mention you in any social media or blog.

It has a super easy set-up and you can get started with fresh results in a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

The only 'con' was the limit in using the "Influencer Dashboard" from a personal plan; the only way to unlock this useful extra dashboard is to subscribe to Starter or Company plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try- you can opt in with a free trial and seeing after a couple of weeks if you're satisfied for the results. I've started using it for my company, but then also subscribed for my own personal branding as Social Media Manager / Growth Hacker: believe me, it really helps!

Lots of time saved in searching/analysing competitors, or being able to response in a timely fashion whenever your brand is mentioned anywhere.

We have been able to add an extra layer of quality to our Customer Support service, able to assist you, on any social media you mentioned us!

Mention review by Sylvain B.
Sylvain B.

"Excellent outil de veille, avec une excellente équipe et relation client"

What do you like best?

L'outil en lui même s'est placé dès le départ parmi les meilleures solutions de veille, et ce qui est tout aussi appréciable est la relation client avec l'équipe Mention qui est à l'écoute et prête attention au user feedback.

What do you dislike?

L'outil devrait mieux pouvoir d'√©liminer les faux positifs, en faisant appel √† de l'IA qui analyserait si une mention est effectivement pertinente ou non (tel que le fait Google avec le knowledge graph et les r√©sultats de requ√™tes). Par ailleurs : il manque des possibilit√© de param√©trage dans le back office. On devrait en effet toujours avoir le choix et pouvoir, par exemple : choisir de d√©sactiver le "sentiment" (automatiquement toujours attribu√© aux mentions). Enfin : Mention devrait proposer (gr√Ęce √† un partenariat avec des services tiers ?) un moyen pour ses clients d'avoir une veille 360¬į (y compris hors web : cad PQN/PQR, TV, radios).

Mention permet le scan du web ouvert et pas seulement des résultats Google. C'est en cela une solution bien + complète que Google alerts.

Mention review by Sarah N.
Sarah N.

"Comprehensive and helpful!"

What do you like best?

I use a lot of different marketing tools for our agency and my favorite thing about Mention is that it seems to find mentions of our brand in places that my other tools miss. It helps me to keep track of who is talking about us, even if it's not @ or # on social media.

What do you dislike?

not a fan of the layout. I think that the layout should be overhauled to be more intuitive and small screen-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend updating the layout. I think that the three vertical panels isn't intuitive to use and causes me to have to hunt around more than I would like.

I am utilizing Mention to find where people are tagging or talking about us. If someone mentions our brand in a quote and I see that they didn't link to us or tag us; it gives me the ability to reach out to them and ask for proper attribution.

Mention review by Stephen T.
Stephen T.

"Determining the value of Mention and it's influence on small business"

What do you like best?

How you see the strength of your posts. This service is a great way to understand your audience and in marketing for sales. It is a great way to see the power of interest in the products and services your company provides. I also like all the features available, such as, being able to communicate with an influencer who may have a positive effect on my business.

What do you dislike?

A lower price for businesses just starting out would be a great additive. I've found that some businesses are just starting out that do not have the capital to use useful tools like mention. A more extended probation period that doesn't negatively affects the company should be researched.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Elygantthings highly recommends this company and its tools. Mention is a valuable tool for businesses heavily into analytics and tracking of their marketing results. This companies tools are perfect for understanding your influence and determining what type of content best suits the audience you have acquired.

I love how you can see and document your most successful posts. This fantastic tool in many ways can be used in many ways such as using results in presentations when giving a pitch to another company. You can tailor your marketing by the results provided effects and so much more.

Mention review by Heidi B.
Heidi B.

"AWESOME SOCIAL MEDIA TOOL!"

What do you like best?

Mention is a great service that sends me occasional emails that alert me when I have been mentioned by someone online. This allows me to respond to the person that mentioned my brand by thanking them for the tweet, post, status update, commenting on their blog, etc. It makes it LOOK like I follow them already, even if I really don't! Mention also allows me to respond if someone posts a complaint or an issue about my products online.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get alerts for websites that I have tried to filter out. For example, I don't need an alert every time someone pins something from my site. I also don't need alerts for tweets that I am replying to, or in a conversation about, etc. Just participating in one Twitter Chat could wipe out ALL of your free mentions in a single day. Things like that happen, and you only get 100 "Mentions" per month with the free service. So unless you can get the filter to work properly, the free level of service won't work for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! I highly recommend it. It's easy to use, and a great time saver.

I am trying to streamline my social media presence and use it for marketing purposes.

Mention review by Scott R.
Scott R.

"Best I've Used"

What do you like best?

Helps me keep track of where someone's talked about me or one of my books.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that a lot of the features have been moved behind a paywall, but I understand that they need to make money. It is a business after all. I can't give away all of my books for free if I want to keep writing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to keep track of yourself or anything you've created, this is the site to use. I've yet to have an unexplained spike in sales that I couldn't go to mention and see where a website has promoted my book.

I'm so busy writing I don't have a lot of time for social media, and this helps me stay connected quickly and easily.

Mention review by Jon P.
Jon P.

"The best media monitoring tool I've found"

What do you like best?

There seems to be an endless number of media/social media monitoring companies. After reading loads of professional and user reviews, I narrowed my search to Mention and Brand24. I used both platforms for a few weeks before making my decision. While Brand24 offers many of the same features and is less expensive, #2 below was a deal breaker for me. I now have an annual "Company" plan with Mention. Here are my pros for Mention:

1. Exhaustive monitoring (I haven't found anything Mention has missed on social media, blogs, news sites, videos, corporate sites, etc)

2. Ability to interact with posts inside the app. (You can like, follow, etc. inside the app. This is where Brand24 came up short ‚Äď if you want to interact with a post, you have to click and go out of the app to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)

3. Notification speed (alerts flow in continuously throughout the day. Often the mention will have posted only minutes ago before the alert is issued)

4. Unlimited source blocking (as far I can tell)

5. Influencer scoring (via Klout for Twitter, Majestic for websites, and an internal system for Instagram)

6. Straightforward and attractive UX/UI

7. Listening analysis, competitive analysis, insights and reports (I haven't used all of these yet)

8. US-based account management and sales for US customers

9. Easy set up and maintenance

10. Boolean searches!!

What do you dislike?

While Mention offers the best in many areas, there is room for improvement:

1. You need to upgrade to a company/custom plan for Boolean searches. Without this, you can only exclude five words/terms for each search/alert. Unless you have a VERY unique company name and product category, you will spend a lot of time reading through irrelevant searches. You need Boolean, trust me! It would be nice to have one standard plan that includes Boolean.

2. The spam filter takes a long time to work ‚Ästit's a long game. You'll need to identify a lot of spam (here spam means irrelevant to your search, not traditional spam) over a long period of time for the Mention algorithms to begin knowing what to automatically exclude from your monitoring. So it's a nice feature to have, but not something you can quickly rely on.

3. If you have multiple accounts on the same social platform (e.g., two Twitter accounts) it requires three clicks to like a post or follow an account. First you need to click "like", then select the account want to use for the like, and then confirm by clicking "Save". The last step should be eliminated to save time.

4. For some reason, posts with video often won't load, so you have to click out of the app for those.

5. You can't receive alerts specific to the accounts you follow or have on a list (to my knowledge). It would be great to set up alerts only from accounts you have followed or have on a Twitter list, for example.

6. Occasionally the interface becomes unstable/unresponsive. In most cases, a simple page reload will clear up the issues.

7. The sentiment analysis appears to be rudimentary, likely based on the presence of certain words, rather than attempting to determine context.

8. I don't think support is available on weekends, and while there are account managers in the US (Eastern Time Zone), I believe the hardcore tech support staff is only located in Paris and likely only available during normal working hours in the Central European Time Zone.

Mention was such an upgrade from Google Alerts that it's hard to even make a comparison. It's like going from a battery powered toy car to a Tesla.

Mention review by Jason D.
Jason D.

"A useful tool for digital marketers & PR"

What do you like best?

It's an incredibly useful tool - that allows you to really get into what is being said about your brand and to track exactly how it is that you can control your message

What do you dislike?

I genuinely wish the pricing system was a little bit more flexible, I like the package I'm on but I think that the differential between price points is a little steep and this can really limit access to some other features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand how it can be integrated to you marketing strategy, to simply bump the ego it's not entirely useful, it should fit comfortably into your marketing strategy

Primarily around communications and perceptions, for our brand it's particularly important to remain aware of the challenges facing our brand

Mention review by Penelope J.
Penelope J.

"Spread the Wealth and Tell Your Friends"

What do you like best?

I particularly like the Try It on For Size Free Plan. It is a generous program that entices users to work with the program, see how they can use it to integrate their business plan into their social platforms to build their brand and market more effectively to more readers and expand their base. Indie Authors are not typically born marketeers and having a program that they can easily SEE how effective the network of distribution channels and marketing plans and ads they are paying for to promote their books is right at their finger tips in a tangible way You can actually see what is and isn't working which better serves your future planning in that a project-able ROI is a handy thing to have to gauge exactly how much to invest.

What do you dislike?

I prefer a more legible contrast on my font ink. Small thing, but it is big to me. The little things slow me down. Grey on white is a pain and it aggravates me. Older users typically have my money to invest in profitable software but all too aften, developers market to their peers. Why is that?

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will never know if you don't try it. Obviously, Cyril is interested in the development of the software for end-user use. If it isn't working for the user it won't sell. And Cyril contacted me to see how the shoe fit.-- Quite nicely. I am considering an upgrade.

Distribution and growing my reader base by viewer to buyer conversion. I like it!

Mention review by Lauren F.
Lauren F.

"Mention Makes Listening Easy"

What do you like best?

Mention is great! The dashboards in the native web app make it a breeze to keep track of mentions of your company and competitors. More, it easily integrates with other tools you already use like Slack. I setup an integration through zapier, so I get real-time alerts when my company is mentioned. My team can benefit from this, too, so everyone is in the know when we are "picked up" somewhere.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards can get a little noisy, making it difficult to sort through.

Running marketing at a startup is exciting and also has limitations. With a lean team, we cannot be everywhere and hear, see, respond to everything. With mention, our lean team can be more aware and keep track of mentions, shout outs, coverage, and conversation about our brand and industry.

Mention review by Bart H.
Bart H.

"Mention used to be good by now their internet forum mining is terrible"

What do you like best?

I used to have a great relationship with Mention because they did what I expected. Then the results started lacking, close to 90% of previous results. They kept telling me they were working on their end to fix the problem. Nothing!

What do you dislike?

I then said I was going to cancel at the end of the month and the person helping me canceled my account without telling me that the package I had is no longer available. If she had I would have stayed on hoping for a fix in a reasonable time. Very disappointed in what they have become. Mention used to be very helpful with my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for Blog/Internet forum data do not waste your time. Heck, I wasn't even getting product release info from major publication's. I don't know what happened to Mention but they have been zero help to me since 10/2017

Online PR. Checking what customers are saying about our products and if they are having any issues.

Mention review by Donna H.
Donna H.

"A great way of keeping on top of your social media monitoring - highly recommended!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that when I get to the office in the morning, I receive dedicated emails containing the social media mentions for each of my accounts, I can quickly review them, then pass them on to the account management team for further analysis and recording in our clients' coverage books.

Mention contains a lot more functions that we have yet to take advantage of, but we will be doing this in the coming months.

What do you dislike?

From our experience, Mention is a very solid media monitoring product that continues to meet our growing needs. Cost is always an issue, but Mention have managed to keep the service reasonably priced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and get the best out of the service by getting to grips with all the functionality.

Mention is solving the issue of monitoring a wide range of client accounts. The service has enabled us to demonstrate ROI and give us a platform for future growth.

Mention review by Aida Josefina G.
Aida Josefina G.

"Rese√Īa de Mention"

What do you like best?

Con mention puedo tener una visión cronológica de cada de las menciones que conseguimos en Carmencita Inc, a través de Twitter e Instagram, podemos programar publicaciones, buscar tópicos en específico siempre que lo queramos e incluso descargar las menciones en el formato que prefieras.

Mention te mantiene actualizado para que puedas dar respuesta a tus clientes en tiempo real.

What do you dislike?

Mention se ha convertido en la herramienta perfecta para mantener organizadas todas las menciones, así como también monitorear cada uno de los tópicos que nuestros contactos esten comentado; de esta manera podemos mantener una relación con nuestros clientes y contactos en tiempo real, razón por la cual no encontramos características negativas que reportar en Mention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mention recopila toda la información que se maneja en tus redes sociales con respecto a tus ventas y publicaciones programadas, especialmente la menciones, son organiadas de manera cronológica, para que de esta manera puedas dar respuesta a tus clientes en tiempo real.

Con mention, he definitivamente, dejado de googlear el nombre de mi compa√Īia, Carmencita Inc, para saber de comentarios en internet con respecto a los servicios que ofrecemos.

Podemos manejar las redes sociales que más utilizamos a través de Mention y conseguir un universo de posibilidades para mantenerte actualizado con respecto a las necesidades de tus clientes.

Mention review by Pedro N.
Pedro N.

"Deja de Buscarte en Google con Mention"

What do you like best?

Con Mention puedes dejar de buscar tus mentions en Google.

Mention puede organizar rápidamente todas y cada de las menciones que obtengas en cada de las redes sociales que hayas asociado a tu cuenta de Mention; te dice cuales son los comentarios de tus publicaciones y el flujo respuesta con respecto a lo productos que estes promocionando a través de tus redes sociales.

What do you dislike?

Mention puede filtrar cada comentario que se genera con respecto al contenido que se publica a través de tus redes sociales, para de esta manera tener un monitoreo completo de cada de estas y asi poder dar respuesta a cada de una de las publicaciones que generes; después de un uso exhaustivo no encontramos caracteristicas negativas que resportar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mention filtra toda la información y el feedbak que se genera de tus cuentas en redes sociales para que puedas monitorear muy de cerca todas y cada una, para de esta manera mejorar y actualizarte en tu sector.

En Peter Nation Entertainment hemos dejado de googlear nuetra cuenta para encontrar comentarios adicionales de nuestros contactos y clientes. Podemos con Mention hacer una revisión completa de todo el contenido que se genera a través de nuestras clientes, así como también pogramar las publicaciones en los horarios más convenientes.

Mention es una excelente herramienta de trabjo.

Mention review by Aaron T.
Aaron T.

"Amazing product that helps to keep you competitive in the digital marketing age!"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use interface and the constant upgrade of the product. Plus they help you set up accurate keyword monitoring.

What do you dislike?

Not much! I would love more integration with difference products, like Moz or even some form of marketing automation software. I'm being nit picky though, there really isn't anything I dislike about Mention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that will help you monitor your brand or key conversations and do not have a huge budget for new software, I would absolutely suggest getting Mention!

We lacked any software that allowed us to listen in on customer or potential customer conversations. With Mention, we were able to discover these conversations and saw and increase of sales associated with joining these ongoing social conversations.

Mention review by Ilaria B.
Ilaria B.

"Easy way to monitor your brand and competitors"

What do you like best?

The interface of Mention is so good that we love to use it a lot. We love the fact that for each "alert" of a mention you can see the location, sentiment, listening and also the influencers work on the mention. So it's not just matter of the weigh or volume of the mentions, but all the elements that create it. It have also a good managing of the roles in it.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is really slow. You need to understand it well before using it, and you do not have so much help in the FAQ or How To sections. They have to improve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to control your business and your activityes onto the social world, Mention is the best choice that you can make.

Thanks to Mention we can keep an eye on every social mention of our events and see how well the audience perceive our presence. Also Mention helps us to understand in wich way the "competitor's events" move to see what we need to improve to stand out before them.

Mention review by Surbhi D.
Surbhi D.

"Been using mention since two years at two companies. My go-to product. "

What do you like best?

I get to keep tabs on anywhere my brand is mentioned, which helps me reach out to my target audience on multiple platforms, and push conversions and retention.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such. I wish I could upgrade to premium plans, but I work in the startup ecosystem where money is tight, so I don't see this as a drawback. You have a great product, and I can't complain about your monetizing is. That's how a business works.

I get all my mentions at the same place. All platforms across the Internet brought together under one dashboard. I also use ither online marketing tools, and sometimes mention shows me data that they don't, which is a huge plus. With mention, I'm not missing anytime my brand is mentioned.

Mention review by Gail J.
Gail J.

"Mention is a Great Program"

What do you like best?

Love this program, and may look into getting the paid subscription, because of how well it skims the internet for information..

What do you dislike?

The paid subscriptions are for WAY more mentions that my small company warrants.

* The "not relevant" feature does not seem to screen out the non-relevant information as it suggests it does.

* The "free" subscription does not seem to work as well as I would hope, which makes me wonder if the paid version would work any better.

Solving the problem of finding media and visitor posts - who do not know our tags and social media accounts. The benefits are that I have found "mentions" I otherwise would never have been able to find.

Mention review by Niels T.
Niels T.

"Really helpful in keeping track of all the online keywords about your company"

What do you like best?

I like how mention has a friendly user interface. really helpful in finding mentions about the company, yet it has some downturn in pricing for the enterprise. Start plan is very helpful if your company only has a broad targeting.

What do you dislike?

- Price for enterprise

- Could only afford starter plan version

- With narrow targeting you need enterprise version which cost 7000 euro per year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Starter Plan version is good enough but if you company has a common name it will bring mentions from other company's online. It will also track a lot of @ mentions from twitter on the dashboard. With Enterprise, I heard you can really narrow down your input in mentions but the price is really high compare to other tools. can't keep track of Instagram unfortunately.

We are solving problem about keeping track of all online mentions about our company from blogs, news, social media and other online platforms.

Mention review by James H.
James H.

"Real time keyword monitoring"

What do you like best?

The program is extremely easy to use and the customer support is phenomenal. Mention gives you the ability to quickly respond to all of the listings of your mentions on all the major social media sites with it's login integrations.

What do you dislike?

The customization for keywords is lackluster. Without having the option to exclude words from the search, it can sometimes bring up way more results than you are asking for, which could eat up your quota for mentions very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for using a simple real time keyword finder. Not so great if you don't have a unique phrase or company name you commonly use.

We were able to find mentions of our company on sites that google alerts would not be able to find.

Mention review by Cache W.
Cache W.

"Bang for your buck!"

What do you like best?

The quality of the product without a bundle of unnecessary functions, plus the Mobile App is great! For someone looking to keep tabs on social for either Marketing purposes and or PR this is a great solution. The platform allows you to keep a pulse for what is going on without having to spend unnecessary amounts of time. I have utilized it during multiple major announcements throughout my career and have been able to quickly track and analyze what is going on and then pull the information from that platform and provide around the clock updates to Senior Leadership. Mention gives me a ton of confidence in providing my boss with the information they need and shows them that we have our bases covered. If you are looking for something in this realm I would highly suggest starting with Mention.

What do you dislike?

The reporting and specifically the exporting of reporting data could be better. That being said you get what you pay for and the abilities of the platform and the intuitive nature outweigh the reporting short comings.

We primarily use Mention to track social media interactions and look for trends during key events and announcements. The benefits to Mention are the ability to track what is being said about the brand and or products across the web in one platform. For anyone using Google Alerts you should move to Mention and realize the benefits without having to overpay for another software platform.

Mention review by Carlos S.
Carlos S.

"For active social media users with unique names."

What do you like best?

Mention can be helpful for companies and users that are active on social media, especially when that content will be shared or when engaging with media.

What do you dislike?

My frustration with Mention came from false positives. I received many alerts for mentions of my company name (just the first word), though they had nothing even close to do with my business. If your business name is generic, or in my case based on the name of a place, the constant false positives were incessant. Filtering and alerting that mentions of a township, often in another country were received weekly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give the application a trial period to evaluate the effectiveness of capturing your usage and activity. The false positives can be frustrating. I used Mention for a limited number of platforms but would certainly want to check if on others that I did not use because they were not a fit for my business - e.g. facebook, Instagram, youtube.

I was offering quotes to the media and was not hearing back from the publications if my quote was used. I used mention could alert me to users sharing my social media content or to be alerted when my name or company name was mentioned in the news or online.

Mention review by Henrik C.
Henrik C.

"Valuable tool"

What do you like best?

It was quite easy to understand how it works and get it set up for first use. I managed to get all of our SoMe accounts connected and started using features within an hour or so.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I found negative was the inability to get sentiment right in Swedish/Danish/Norwegian. The ability to listen was my first priority and I was hoping that the sentiment tool would be the most usefull.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear SoMe strategy in place and a clear picture of what you want to achive. We did not have that and thats why we did not really benefit from Mention. Also make sure that you know what you want to accomplish with the tool itself.

We wanted to follow our brand on SoMe and tried Mention as a tool to get this done. It worked fine, but what we found was that there was so little activity around our brand, that it did not really make sense to track it ... Currently we are not at a point where we can use that insight to change our brands SoMe prescence.

Mention review by Jon A.
Jon A.

"Deep searches across digital platforms makes Mention a staple!"

What do you like best?

Mention is our go to deep search across the internets. It allows us to keep a constant read on what people are saying about our brand, staff and organization. UI & UX are so important for ease of use and Mention has a great eye for both of those. Adding mentions/searches are so simple, getting your social media channels loaded in and searching are simple and straight forward.

What do you dislike?

The price point for this tool scales quickly. $29 for 3,000 mentions and only 3 searches. Seems like $10-20 might be a better price point for their lowest plan. Other than the price point, I love the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to get notification about your brand from the far reaches of the internet, Mention is the service for you. Not only is the UI simple and easy to use, the support is fantastic. There are quick ways to sort and get rid of junk mentions or mentions that aren't relevant to you.

We needed a place to deep search the internet and Mention does just that. It's simple, the UI and UX are simple, straight forward. The sales team is a great resource and helped us get set up quickly. They also allowed us to demo a higher plan to see if we would need the higher plans.

Mention review by Phil C.
Phil C.

"Great asset for social listening. "

What do you like best?

With Mention, they are consistently evolving and offering new listening tools to their clients. I am most excited about their new TV monitoring tools.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike from Mention. I do wish their location tracking was a bit more powerful. Ultimately, I would love to see some tracking with Snapchat and Instagram stories, but I am not sure the API is available yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need content from Instagram or Snapchat use another software, but everything else that is offered from Mention is fanstastic.

We have an active need to be social listening for our clients, so using this platform is critical to offering strong listening services for our clients.

Mention review by User

"Best press mention tracking tool I've ever used"

What do you like best?

Mention's crawlers pick up just about everything.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything I don't like about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's affordable enough to evaluate as an add on to your other PR and marketing tools. In time you'll find Mention is more robust and thorough at finding pickups compared to your other tools.

Working in PR for more than a decade, I've used several press mention tracking tools - Cision, Meltwater, Google Alerts, etc. - and found that most of them missed the mark when alerting us of pickups. I'd have an investor email me a blog article that included our company, or colleagues email me a link to a chat forum that mentioned our company, and often times, our expensive press tracking tools didn't see them. I found out about Mention from a marketing conference I went to and have been hooked ever since. Mention's crawlers pick up just about everything - tweets, chats, forums, blog posts, and even international mentions. I love knowing I won't miss a beat with the tool.

Mention review by Kenny K.
Kenny K.

"Mention Helps My Business Keep Track of Our Brand Online"

What do you like best?

The best part of Mention is being able to find mentions of our brand that we probably would have missed. This way we can contact the web owners and acquire a link if none are present. This helps us with our organic rankings and direct traffic.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options for filtering on the plan our company currently subscribes to. I'd love to be able to filter out mentions on sites we already know about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want more control over filtering, you may have to purchase a higher priced plan, but if you're looking to get simple mentions that will help you increase your visibility online and keep track of negative press, the lowest cost plan will work perfectly.

Our company is increasing our brand presence online and increasing traffic and visibility online. This helps us grow subscribers and revenue.

Mention review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"An essential business tool! "

What do you like best?

it is easy to use. Set up in minutes.

Mentions allow real-time updates of my Music artists and competitors. The wealth of data collated can be viewed from a dashboard for quick updates while by the click of a button the date can be unpacked to gain greater insights.

Mentions is a great way of listening to customer feedback not just from our clients but their competitors. Ultimately Mentions has to lead to a better CRM and ROI.

What do you dislike?

that mentions, wasn't my idea. I am a start up business (full-time business student) so I don't have the funds right now get the subscription just yet - frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this platform was suggested by a student in a marking my university webinar for digital marking strategies. he recommended it as a great tool for strategy since he's workplace has been using it. After trialling it, I to will highly recommend it to others.

Understand who our competitors are and their tactics. listening to the social conversation about my artist. the benefits are having one simple tool to access social listening and its a nice looking app. For music artists, the price point of the service is key in gaining CLV.

Mention review by Maddy O.
Maddy O.

"A great tool for keeping track of brand mentions across social media"

What do you like best?

Mention always finds the weird random spots I get mentioned on the internet, and there are many. I write for several high-quality publications, and sometimes these posts are scraped and republished elsewhere. It's also good for finding when something I wrote gets mentioned as part of a roundup. And if someone doesn't tag me on social media, Mention finds my name on random profiles!

What do you dislike?

The difference between the free and paid plans is a big jump in pricing. I'd love to use some of the more advanced features, but can't justify the price as a freelancer who has limited needs compared to a corporation who can more easily afford it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Why not give the free plan a try? Once you see it in action, you may opt for a paid plan based on your needs.

See "what do you like best" - pretty much sums it up. Lots of random use cases have presented themselves throughout the time I've used it.

Mention review by Dustin W. S.
Dustin W. S.

"Most beautiful social listening experience"

What do you like best?

As someone who is a real stickler for UI/UX design, I can't help but have a smile on my face while using Mention. The interface is gorgeous, intuitive, and easy to use for all tasks. I also believe it has one of the most powerful social listening engines because it finds things other tools don't. Super happy with the product as a whole.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the pricing model. I wish it was a bit more flexible for smaller businesses. Other than that, there's really nothing to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, it's the best place to start with Social Listening IMO. Quick and easy setup, simple to begin using right away even if you have no prior experience.

Discovering brand mentions or links to our content that we couldn't have otherwise found. On top of that, we needed to be able to follow up with those brand mentions/links in an efficient manner. Mention solves both of those problems in the best way I've found.

Mention review by Aziza Y.
Aziza Y.

"Great Corporate experience with Mention"

What do you like best?

It sends me timely notifications of all related mentions of our organisation, which allows my department to track easily our engagement progress online. You can modify number of notification you wish to receive per day, its also available via app, which allows me to stay on top of our media activities.

What do you dislike?

I believe if could also add language diversification and capture Arabic mentions for example as well. It could help number of Arabic speaking countries, businesses and people. I would also suggestion Russian language as this also is widely used in many countries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider expanding language coverage, as mentioned Arabic and Russia would add value.

We use it for our corporate communication department, to manage our online profiles and engagements. It also helps us to stay connected with our members, by knowing what and when they say about us and being fast in responding to their comments.

Mention review by Hande Y.
Hande Y.

"Very bad experience"

What do you like best?

It might be useful for free version users, although they have to take their reports frequently because of the limitation of the free account.

What do you dislike?

I used Mention to prepare a report for a company. I needed a one month report but I was not able to get one month data from there. I could have 7 days data. So I decide to upgrade my account but I didn't know that would not help my problem. After upgrading my account to Solo, I couldn't download my data which I can do it as a free account user for 7 days. They said that you need to upgrade to Starter with a price of 99 euros monthly, and I did, but it was changed nothing that I was still not able to download my data. And they said that you need Custom account which has a price starts with 6k euros / yearly. I never knew that it was going that way, I never get any benefit, I paid 99 euros for nothing and their help center refused to paid my money back. I think it is a shame for them I never used their Starter account, I switched it and told them instantly after upgrading. Even though they saw that I didn't get anything that I want. So please be careful by upgrading your account, you will not be able to download your data with a Solo and Starter, they want everyone to switch ther Custom acoount which is very expensive.

Nothing.

Mention review by Barry W.
Barry W.

"Must have service for any small business"

What do you like best?

At their price point, Mention is the best solution for small businesses and startups that want to monitor their reputation on social media.

What do you dislike?

I was pretty happy with my evaluation of the product, but of course there's always room for improvement. I hope to see them grow and add more features.

Monitoring social media mentions helps in several ways; First of all, it helps business owners keep an eye on their reputation in order to address and correct any potentially negative customer mentions before they become a issue. Secondly, it helps to promote and interact with any positive customer feedback as soon as possible in order to reward customers and build brand loyalty.

Mention review by Tim C.
Tim C.

"Like a Google Alerts for social media"

What do you like best?

I subscribe to both Google Alerts and Mention alerts, and for me Mention alerts are usually more relevant and actionable because they allow me to quickly find tweets or posts with relevant keywords, and then reply, retweet or share right within the Mention interface or on Twitter.

What do you dislike?

I tend to use the desktop app and email alerts because I'm not a big fan of the iphone app functionality.

I'm a blogger and I try to find other people in my target audience on Twitter with specific keyword combinations. Rather than searching on Twitter manually, Mention brings these people to me.

Mention review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Maybe I Just Don't Get It?"

What do you like best?

Honestly, nothing. I haven't had much luck with Mention. The information that comes back hasn't been about our brand and it isn't very easy to use. I've only used the free version but based on results, don't think I'd consider buying a subscription.

What do you dislike?

Everything. I don't like the UX, the features and functionality are clunky and the actual product doesn't seem to provide much of what I'm looking for. I feel bad trashing the tool, but when all you get is a bunch of off-brand info, it isn't very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or just don't get it but I've had zero luck with Mention. I guess I'd say to lean on their support to help you set up the correct alerts?

I initially tried to use this as a social monitoring tool but the data coming back was off base. As a result, it really isn't solving any problem.

Mention review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"Great influencer marketing tool"

What do you like best?

I love Mention influencer analysis: They break influencers into social media influencers and web influencers and use their own score to rank them. You can see how many interactions each influencer has with the brand you are monitoring. You can follow and reply to each one on the list. You can create automated recurring reports to document your influencer interactions regularly. You can also see which influencers a competing brand is interacting with. Since I am very involved into influencer marketing, these tools are very helpful. Other good features: Day-by-day activity reports, sentiment reports, related tags...

What do you dislike?

Mention has good tiers allowing you to choose a plan that best suits you. However the individual plan is both too limited and too expensive. I think the need something similar to what Hootsuite does: a $5 plan for that selection of options that would suit freelancers and bloggers better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unfortunately mention doesn't have a free plan but you can use a 14-day trial to understand if this is something you'd need.

Mention is a great way to scale influencer marketing reports (Something that we used to do manually), so it saves lots of time.

Mention review by Claire B.
Claire B.

"I recommend Mention "

What do you like best?

I love receiving the notifications in my inbox when my search terms have been mentioned online, it saves me time, not having to worry about checking various platforms.

I often find potential leads that I would not have known about, without mention notifications. A very useful tool for keeping in touch with how people are mentioning your business online.

What do you dislike?

I'd like access to paid features at a lower price, I don't have high volumes of mentions to justify £29 per month.

not missing mentions about me online, so I can follow up with potential leads

Mention review by Federico G.
Federico G.

"Using Mention for Online Reputation"

What do you like best?

I use mention for the monitoring of people and brands, and is very good its capacity of answer in time and speed. It has excellent reports and is easily configurable

What do you dislike?

The only points to improve are minor issues such as the colors in the reports and some limitations of the mobile application

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mention is an excellent tool for monitoring social networks, with a great platform of visual reports, and has a price-quality relationship far superior to that of its competitors. I currently use the company edition and for $ 500 dollars per month, and I have not found better solutions for this money

Mention helps me to have real-time alerts, moniorear themes, brands and people, and generate reports quickly without the need to use other tools like Excell or similar

Mention review by Kelly W.
Kelly W.

"Love it "

What do you like best?

I like that it is convenient to see everything in one spot and across multiple different platforms. It also helps you know what is being said about your company employees and even others in your field depending on how you have set up your alerts.

What do you dislike?

The only thing is that it is a little slow at times and it makes it time-consuming when sorting through some of the unneeded articles or mentions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like that you can put in keywords and learn what is being said not only about the company or employees but about other companies in your field.

We need to have more of a social media presence and possible showcase more of our community involvement.

Mention review by Winnie H.
Winnie H.

"A very good tool for social listening and management"

What do you like best?

Several facebook fan page owners from several countries can manage their alerts for one brand in one place, which is very smart and easy for headquarter controls.

What do you dislike?

It will be perfect to have a dashboard about what mentions had been responded so the headquarter can know the actual achievements.

Mention gives what people are talking about our brand daily from many sources and well organized in one page. We only need to focus on the key word settings and no worry about the rest of things.

Mention review by Administrator

"They charged our company credit card $6000 USD without our permission and will not return the money."

What do you like best?

We leveraged mention for tracking some conversations for some of the brands and categories we were working on. The functionality was good. The platform worked well but it was costly given the volume of mentions we were tracking.

What do you dislike?

They screwed us out of $6000 grand. We agreed to a one-year contract with them and provided our credit card for a one-time charge. A year and a half later, we notice a $6000 USD charge on our company credit card. It is Mention. We requested a refund as we were no longer using the service, and we were waiting for our contract to expire. They refuse because their Terms and Conditions allow them to recharge our credit card annually. When we pointed we were never provided the Terms and Conditions, there was no reference to Terms and Conditions on the documentation we approved and that we never accepted any Terms and Conditions they are still refusing to refund the money. So, no we have to take them to small claims court if we want our money back. So, if you are going to use them I would not provide them with your credit card information, or if you do, immediately contact your bank or credit card company and put a block on them to protect yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Force them to sign a contract that protects you from the Terms and Conditions. They were never shared with our team, and we thought we had a one-year agreement as per our invoice and documentation. They then charged us $6000 on our company credit card without our permission. So I would also suggest paying via wire or cheque to protect yourself and your company.

We were using them for basic social media listening.

Mention review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"The Best Tool For Monitoring Online Chatter"

What do you like best?

Love this tool - I use it every day! The best part is that it finds online chatter that other tools like Google alerts, Meltwater and others miss.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't love! It's just such a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there's not alot of buzz online about your brand, this might not be the best tool for you. But if there is, it's the perfect tool!

Using this tool, I can get a real feel for how people are responding to my brand online - it's like having a PI working for you.

Mention review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Anti consumer behavior & charges you incorrectly. "

What do you like best?

Quick installation and easy of use with minimum manual intervention. .

What do you dislike?

The staff does not communicate or highlights that the account is in auto-renewal. Ones the credit card is charged (no way of removing the card or any prior alert) they will not refund the money or cancel the account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have it in writing from them regarding the renewal date, notice period that is required to cancel the account or get your credit card blocked after one payment. Otherwise the company with charge an annual subscription and will not refund money.

We help our clients keep a track of any negative mentions and help resolve customers' query.

Mention review by Peter F.
Peter F.

"A handy tool that helps with awareness"

What do you like best?

We use mention to maintain awareness of all the places that people are talking about our product. We find the daily notifications super helpful - there are all sorts of obscure corners of the internet where people talk about us, that we wouldn't otherwise be aware of.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular - we mostly interact with mention via the email digests that it sends out. Sometimes its results aren't super accurate, but mostly they are.

Awareness of where on the internet people are talking about our product.

Mention review by Prateek S.
Prateek S.

"This Tools Actually Works"

What do you like best?

Everyday I get new links of blogs, pages with my brand mentions. First 2-3 days I thought it's just another useless tool as I just receive twitter mentions only. But after that everything's been changed. I get 1-2 mentions everyday sometimes more. This is beauty! Thank you guys.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing which I could say I hate. This tool is just wonderful, it does what it says.

I want backlinks for my website.

Mention review by Bob U.
Bob U.

"Works well for detecting clippings"

What do you like best?

I don't use mention for a lot of things, but it works well for detecting whether websites publish use my press releases for their articles.

What do you dislike?

It's still not entirely accurate. I still feel like I need to do a thorough google-search once in a while to be sure to find all of them.

I'm detecting whether journalists use my press releases for an article they publish online. The benefit is that I know whether my work pays off, which releases work good and which don't.

Mention review by Carina d.
Carina d.

"Helping Keep Brands Aware"

What do you like best?

I like how mention picks up on blog, website, and social mentions, and you are able to connect your social networks to quickly see mentions.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if there were more access to website/blog analytics such as reach, circulation, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the dashboards

We were having a hard time compiling all of the content we were found in, and now we are able to see which sites feature us the most so we can focus more on those outlets.

Mention review by Rodolphe A.
Rodolphe A.

"Very great social media monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

The integration of Mention with Slack where all alerts on our brand or competitor brand automatically pop out in real time. We can keep an eye on everything happening on social media related to Spendesk without effort.

What do you dislike?

On very rare case we can have alert that are not linked to our own brand or competitor brand. This is mostly due to the fact that the same name are used in a totally different scope.

Monitoring our brand and competition on social media.

Mention review by Regis C.
Regis C.

"Mon produit favori pour suivre mon E-réputation et celle de mes clients "

What do you like best?

L'interface de Mention est simple et efficace, le paramétrage est facile à comprendre et rien ne lui échappe. Je peux facilement le conseiller à tous mes clients, quelle que soit leur taille.

What do you dislike?

Le système de tri des mentions doit pouvoir être amélioré, c'est le seul point ergonomique sur lequel une amélioration doit pouvoir être faite. Sinon je n'ai pas de vrais points négatifs. Cela fait très longtemps que j'utilise des outils de suivi, et mention est devenu assez abouti ces dernières années.

Gr√Ęce √† mention je peux suivre l'activit√© de mes concurrents et de ceux de mes clients et ainsi r√©agir vite aussi bien sur les r√©seaux sociaux que lors de commentaires dans blogs ou sur des forums.

L'alerte par email ainsi que les applications mobiles sont vraiment efficaces.

Les gains de temps et le fait d'éviter les mauvaises surprises permettent d'être serein, et de ne pas être surpris par des commentaires négatifs sur une marque et surtout le buzz qu'ils peuvent générer.

Mention review by Pedro B.
Pedro B.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

For beginners in social media monitoring (like me) it's an awesome tool that allow us a great overview of most important metrics in a friendly dashboard.

What do you dislike?

The minimum pricing for PRO is a little expensive for my current demands and projects. As a researcher it would be awesome to have more options at the free trial mode.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's nice to try at the same time different tools to research which one answers better your demand as a professional at the Marketing fiedl. Mention got my attention for the newsletter provided with my results and also for it friendly interface and set up.

Monitoring most important social media metrics (as growth and engagement values)

Mention review by Jesse W.
Jesse W.

"Mention is Extremely helpful and useful!"

What do you like best?

I look forward to receiving emails from Mention. - they send you an email every time your name or brand is mentioned anywhere on the internet.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have an easier guide as to how to use Mention's Influencer features, and I would like a much lower price to use them for individuals - I'm an artist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try Mention!! It's very useful and unlike any other service I'm aware of.

I use Mention for brand recognition.

Mention review by Aben G.
Aben G.

"Great Product Love The Features"

What do you like best?

Its daily reports, free usage & convenience. Mention helps me monitor my brand over the web and via social profiles well.

What do you dislike?

Well that giant red button asking me to go pro, could be done without.

I use Mention daily to monitor updates on my brand. It has successfully helped me promote good mentions & find out bad mentions of the company I work with.

Mention review by Jennifer Foehner W.
Jennifer Foehner W.

"Keep track of what people are saying about you online!"

What do you like best?

I recommend mention to other authors all the time. It's so much easier than googling yourself and combing through the results for new entries. Every time my name is mentioned online I get an email with links. This is really great with social media--sometimes people mention me or my books without tagging me, and I can catch those and retweet the tweets or respond to the posts, which readers really seem to like.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have is related to the fact that my surname is very common. So I used a combination of search terms to keep that issue to a minimum. And really, mention can't be blamed for that. It's just doing its job. A person with a really unique name would never run into that issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone that I've told about Mention loves it!

I am able to draw attention to blog posts or social posts that mention me or my book and give them a boost from my social network. It just contributes to positive buzz about my personal brand.

Mention review by Gina C.
Gina C.

"My Eyes On The Internet"

What do you like best?

As a busy business owner, I appreciate Mention's ease of use. I signed up for a free account and was able to jump in running. The interface is clean and straightforward, and the software did exactly what it was supposed to do. These two aspects are a winning combination.

What do you dislike?

I miss the icon that allowed me to tell the software when a mention is unrelated. However, there are sufficient other options as to how to you'd like to categorize a mention, and what you'd like to do with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for painless and valuable feedback on your promotional efforts, Mention fits the bill. It's easy to use, and it works.

Mention has allowed me to realize that my business is being mentioned! When one invests their time in promoting their business, there's no better news than to see that it is working. In my experience, I receive more mentions than I receive Google Alerts. This is a consistent finding. Another benefit is being able to tell which of my promotions are translating into sales!

Mention review by Tali G.
Tali G.

"Best monitoring tool out there"

What do you like best?

I was looking for a social monitoring tool for a long time, but couldn't find one that really finds EVERYTHING. Mention was the first tool that I found that was working great, and also looked great and was easy to use.

With Mention I found foreign press talking about us in other languages, I found youtube videos with reviews about our product, but the best thing was that I found happy and un-happy costumers and I was able to offer assistant in real time.

They also have great costumer service, are very attentive to their users, and they are always working on improvements. I've been using them for a year and I witnessed numerous new features appear plus a new design!

What do you dislike?

The site is a bit buggy at times and still has a way to go before it is perfect, but that's natural for a starting product in it's first years. The main focus of the service, which is finding your mentions online, works great, and that is what's most important in my eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, the free trial is a great way to get to know the product, and after those 14 days you wouldn't want to leave.

Marketing, PR and support are the three problems Mention helps me solve.

With Mention I found foreign press talking about us in other languages, I found youtube videos with reviews about our product, but the best thing was that I was able to find un-happy costumers in real time and I was able to offer assistant right away and improve their opinion on my product.

It can also help you stay on top of what's going on in your industry as you can add multiple keywords and get all the updates right inside your mention account.

Mention review by ‚ėÜ Jon W.
‚ėÜ Jon W.

"Mention makes our business better ‚úĆÔłŹ "

What do you like best?

Ease of use for our whole team to see what is being said about clients across the web.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say. Support is great, integrations (e.g. Slack etc) & results (quality of monitoring) are impeccable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

they feature set keeps growing. Feels good to support such a great company making a superior product.

We need to know when our clients are 'mentioned' on line. Benefits include seeing return on our PR efforts in real time + additional value to clients

Mention review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great tool for keeping up-to-speed on your social media marketing."

What do you like best?

It's easy to fall behind on all of the platforms your customers might use to leave you reviews so it's great that there is a service that can help. Plus the added advantage of getting a summary in your inbox every day there is activity so you don't need to go log in everywhere.

What do you dislike?

The price structure can be a bit hefty for small businesses. As someone who works in food service/manufacturing, our margins are too slim to be able to afford a paid version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the upgraded plans if you can afford it because you can track where your competition is being mentioned as well. In addition, they can do a review of your business online to see how you compare.

I'm trying to solve exactly what Mention does - keeping updated everywhere my business is mentioned online, whether it's a review from a customer or being tagged in a post by another business, or someone asking us a question. These are the benefits I have realized.

Mention review by Behrouz J.
Behrouz J.

"Not only useful, but essential"

What do you like best?

It's all about what it does. The most important part of being on social media is listening, and mention does it best. It's also in active development. It means you will get new and interesting features, which is very important for me as a customer.

What do you dislike?

How important it is. That's what I don't like about it. I also wish it was less expensive and more affordable. Although the price is understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. There's nothing to lose with the free plan and a lot to gain. There's no reason good enough to stop you from trying it.

Social listening and influencer identification. This is what I think Mention does best.

Mention review by Dustin L.
Dustin L.

"Best tool I've found for alerts"

What do you like best?

A few years ago I stumbled into the tool after looking for a replacement for Google Alerts... and so glad I found Mention. It's super comprehensive, loaded with filters and incredibly useful for gathering just about ever mention of our brand, executives, and key terms.

What do you dislike?

Some of their new and more advanced features that I'd love to have access to have proven to be out of my budget, but that's about it.

We were looking to get a handle on all the mentions of our brand and executives and the tool flourishes on that front. We've dabbled in using it for sales leads, link opportunities and a bunch more, but consistently return for the alerts.

Mention review by Susan H.
Susan H.

"great service"

What do you like best?

love the condensed alerts that tell me just what I need to know, great functionality even at the free level.

What do you dislike?

wish the filtering was better so I could more easily exclude sites or recurring items that are not relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll love it!

Great to have an aggregator to capture all the channels where we could be mentioned and distil it down to manageable info in one place. Saves time, effort, FOMA.....(fear of missing out)

Mention review by Javier V.
Javier V.

"Very bad"

What do you like best?

Nothing. The support is bad. The way for customizing is too hard. The rendering of pages is too slow.

What do you dislike?

I subscribed a 29 ‚ā¨/month plan because the basic plan does not allow to make anything. During two days, the mentions were not updated. I asked for help and they told me that was normal, that all was right. False. I saw through the Google how the informations were flowing. At the third day, I received a message from Mention saying I almost had reached the quota!!! Only I had used Mention ONE DAY! What is the trick? Mention shoot a number of hundreds of mentions which fullfiled your conditions. You can to block sources, one by one, so many times... Immediately you reach the limit. I decided to cancel my account but they denied to return me the money (29 ‚ā¨ for nothing!).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't subscribe Mention. It's a fraud.

I'm searching for news about a particular field.

Mention review by Simone M.
Simone M.

"The must have for a digital brand"

What do you like best?

The best way to have an all in one tool to identify the digital presence. I like the simplicity of the product and the UX

What do you dislike?

5 alerts for the starter package are few for me, specially if would like do do growth hacking. I would like to have more package and choose more alerts or more mentions. For a startup are better more alerts, for a mature company maybe are better more mentions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very important if you are in the first time of your project.

I'm founder of Lanieri.com involved in the fashion field and it's very important to know the word of mouth about your product specially in the first time. I love the possibility to reply to my customers in the same time when they write of Lanieri. For example, know when Lanieri is quoted in a forum is fantastic

Mention review by Cheryl G.
Cheryl G.

"It's nice to see what people are saying about us"

What do you like best?

I love being notified when people are talking about our website!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find links talking about us before mention does, the ability to exclude my own social media would be nice.

It's great to see what people are saying about us good and bad. We learn from the bad input and applaud the positives.

Mention review by Sara E.
Sara E.

"Great tool for finding out where you were mentioned"

What do you like best?

I've been using Mention for a while now. I get notified whenever my name is mentioned on the Internet. I have found out about many incidences where I was mentioned and didn't know about it - until I received the alert from Mention. I would highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

Mention doesn't find every incident where I am mentioned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended

I am finding out where I was mentioned

Mention review by Cristina P.
Cristina P.

"Efficient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Receiving alerts on my email and being able to manage them from a panel, no matter where I am.

What do you dislike?

I would make the replying process simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful if you care about your customers and online reputation!

In general, the alerts that I receive are very accurate and Mention doesn't miss out on anything. Google Alerts is so unreliable, while Mention is always on the spot!

Mention review by Maciek S.
Maciek S.

"Helped us crack a market segmentation problem. "

What do you like best?

Mention's customer support is without match. I could not believe their enthusiasm, empathy, and endurance as we had thrown more and more problems at them ;) They have been quick to offer what we needed.

What do you dislike?

I cannot come up with anything, seriously!

We came up with a novel way to use Mention to look at general trends in fashion, and in the end came up with this https://twitter.com/mSzAmOt/status/872897351760973824.

Mention review by Julia L.
Julia L.

"Very useful, although not perfect"

What do you like best?

I like to receive notification of mentions in my inbox automatically, this frees time and gives me peace of mind. The customer service unit is also responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

I have not always received a mention which I was already aware of, which makes me worry about the ones I could be potentially missing?

It helps us understand influencers and target audiences more accurately.

Mention review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Mention.net offers terrific service"

What do you like best?

That the daily reports are reliable. I start my day reviewing the daily report, and am able to brief my leadership on any noticeable impacts of our messaging in social media. Sometimes it is a lack of evidence, but that is positive information as well.

What do you dislike?

The amount of redirection in your URLs. It is a problem when forwarding your emails to colleagues, as my network security settings choke on the redirects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I frequently encourage associates to use this for their web properties.

The reports add credibility to my efforts to expand our exposure. It is 'anecdotal' (3 retweets yesterday!), but provides a visual appeal to limited data.

Mention review by Kimberlea B.
Kimberlea B.

"Perfect tool for deeper link monitoring"

What do you like best?

The daily digest and Slack integration are a huge part of our company's linkback monitoring for SEO. I love that mention goes past the normal links in articles and blogs and even searches through comment sections, Facebook, and Twitter.

What do you dislike?

The plans are a bit intense. I would love to just have add-ons rather than be pressured to upgrading the entire plan. I'm only one person and still have a use for some of the tools, but even being on the lowest plan still feels like the "free" plan to me.

Linkback monitoring ‚Äď useful for reporting and monitoring, both for SEO and customer care.

Mention review by Sasha J.
Sasha J.

"Mention Review"

What do you like best?

It’s simple and does its job very well. An incredible way to track social growth.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes seems inaccurate - free plan only allows for one name to be tracked

Mention helps us achieve our interaction goals. Along with other analytics from FB/Twitter - allows us to track how well we’re performing.

Mention review by Rafael E.
Rafael E.

"Mention, on time monitoring"

What do you like best?

Mention is a service that really helps you keep up with the market. It is always helping you find out what the internet is saying about your business and you environment.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about mention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to use it with Google Alerts. Both services work great together.

I can always keep up with what people are communicating about my business online.

Mention review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"great service"

What do you like best?

Easy to review mentions each day. Also, I spent time early on to "train" mention on what I wanted, which helped me down the road have quick, accurate mentions to follow up on (or not follow up on).

What do you dislike?

I don't like the "hidden" mentions. I like to be able to see the mentions in my email and then jump directly onto those social platforms or websites to respond.

The best problem solver is the ability to find "hidden" mentions. It's easy to see where I'm tagged, but Mention helps me find conversations I might have missed because we were not properly tagged.

Mention review by Stu C.
Stu C.

"Marketing. Competition insights and Real-time Customer Care SAAS"

What do you like best?

Real-time customer care features.A good asset for any company wanting to stay ahead of the competition and stay connected in real-time with customers.

What do you dislike?

The UI could use a few tweaks. Can be considered a bit over complicated in some areas, minor issues that may well be fixed in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good asset for any company wanting to stay ahead of the competition and stay connected in real-time with Customers/Companies. Great CX possibilities. Reasonably priced compared to similar saas.

Mention review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Must-have platform for brand awareness"

What do you like best?

I love being able to keep track of all of our brand mentions in one place.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about Mention. Sometimes it misreads a mention and marks it as negative when it's actually a positive review. I've also noticed that sometimes it doesn't pull all of our unread mentions into our inbox.

We are able to keep track of all social posts, blog posts, and videos that our brand is mentioned it. There is no way our team would be able to keep track of all of these mentions without the help of this platform.

Mention review by Bharath A.
Bharath A.

"Best Brand Monitoring Tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy and simple to use. Pretty accurate about all the brand mentions on social media, blogs etc.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't give a weekly email summary that talks about total mentions in a week, by region, by channel etc.

It helps me identify opportunities to get new backlinks, build relationships with people who use/review our product and finally respond to those who are advocating our brand

Mention review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great real-time monitoring across many channels"

What do you like best?

Mention does a great job at surfacing new mentions of our company brand across the web in near real-time. It's far better than relying on Google alerts, and it even shows me mentions faster than my PR agency can.

What do you dislike?

No matter how many times I mark certain mentions as spam, the system doesn't seem to be too good at learning what is and is not a legitimate brand mention.

Mention helps us always be aware of the conversations happening around our brand. The same functionality can be applied to competitors, industry topics, and more.

Mention review by Clément R.
Clément R.

"Great tool to monitor your company and market"

What do you like best?

The tool is super easy to configure and I get my daily reports each morning right in my inbox.

What do you dislike?

Though the tool is easy to use, the interface could be clearer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really quick to get your head around the product. Definitely worth a try if you're considering online monitoring.

I get to know who's talking about me and where.

Mention review by Simon L.
Simon L.

"Mention user review (free version)"

What do you like best?

Simplicity. I like the short reviews that I get directly to my email with list of the last mentions.

What do you dislike?

We are working mostly on the Russian market and Mention doesn't support local social networks (vk.com and ok.com) as it does with Twitter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know anything about current Mention's competitors. Anyway you should give it a try.

Checking our company/product/CEO mentions.

Mention review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Keep tabs on your organization"

What do you like best?

Mention provides MANY more alerts and information than Google Alerts, and I'm typically a big fan of Google.

What do you dislike?

I know companies have to make money, but I can't afford to pay a fee to monitor my information, as well as my wife, kids, and community. I wish you could do more than 3 alerts with no monthly quota.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than Google Alerts; helps you learn what others are saying about your organization, business, etc.

It helps seeing bad reviews or negative information that people are saying on the internet, but it also lets you know when they're saying good things.

Mention review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"Timely mention alerts "

What do you like best?

The fact that I get timely mention notification. Makes mention a must have tool if you are looking forward to grow your business

What do you dislike?

Has keyword to input for alerts on social media

I am able to respond to queries on time. It’s a boost to my business

Mention review by Carson Y.
Carson Y.

"Great experience with monitoring service."

What do you like best?

I like how Mention catches most URLs that some of our other tools don't. Great job.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes brand mentions are confused with other URLs but this is a technical problem and hard to fix.

We use Mention every day in our day-to-day media monitoring of our brand. It helps us tremendously with link building and social media efforts.

Mention review by Pauline d.
Pauline d.

"Best social media monitoring tool on the market !"

What do you like best?

- Mention monitor the web BUT also social networks

- The product is very easy to use

- Email notifications are great

- Influencers score makes it very easy to find most important people to engage with

- Customer support is great (big thanks to Adriana, Patricia and Matt).

What do you dislike?

- I would love to have even more flexibility in notifications

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Mention offers a 14 days free trials so do not hesitate to signup. I recommend contacting their support if you have any questions.

- Monitoring company name

- Monitoring brand

- Monitoring competitors

Having a tool that allows web and social media monitoring (in one place) and as detailed as Mention offers it, makes it possible to spare time and allows be the first to know when something happens with a customer/brand we monitor.

Mention review by Alex D.
Alex D.

"Very powerful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like it because it's very easy to use and to set up.

What do you dislike?

It's addictive and I would love to use it for everything but it then costs a little bit to much (for me).

I'm monitoring my personal name, company name and competition. It allows me to know who is talking about me and to react very fast !

Mention review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Mention is a great app to keep track of your Social brand on the Internet"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I am able to track my Social brand online with so much ease. Just type in your profile name and leave the rest to Mention as you will get updates of mentions on your email

What do you dislike?

I have not seen anything to dislike about Mention although I wish the UI can be more attractive and easy

Recommendations to others considering the product

I Suggest that Mention should classify its mentions based on Social Media Platform. Also more Social platforms should be added to Mention. Pricing should be restructured as there should be a way for Subscribers to pay per year instead of per month.

Before I used Mention, i found it difficult to be able to track my profile online but using Mention has enabled me to be able to manage my social brand

Mention review by Andrés S.
Andrés S.

"Track your hashtags, your fans and more."

What do you like best?

Its real-time notifications when you hit a certain goal, and the options that you can get for free.

What do you dislike?

If you do not subscribe to a plan, your data will be dismissed or deleted, which is unfortunate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to track your brand mentions on the web, this is a very useful tool as long as you can invest a bit on it. Free options are scarce, and it doesn't allow you to keep the data you have already saved if you don't choose a plan.

Tracking campaigns for #GivingTuesday efforts in Panama city

Mention review by Brannan G.
Brannan G.

"Helps us with Reputation Management tremendously! "

What do you like best?

Email alerts. I really like the email alerts when someone mentions our brand on twitter.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about this service.

Reputation Management. Helps us track our brand in real time. The benefit is to stay out on top of our brand to make sure we are proactive about protecting our brand.

Mention review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Free, easy-to-use media monitoring"

What do you like best?

Mention does not require a credit card to try their free 30-day trial, and after this expires, there is a free version of the tool that is pretty decent. The monitoring service picks up online and social media mentions that other services, even paid services do not.

What do you dislike?

The paid version of the online monitoring is expensive for my company's budget. The monitoring picks up some "junk" that is not relevant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found better results with the free version of Mention over other services like Meltwater (paid) or Google Alerts.

Mention allows us to monitor what is being said online and on social media about my company. It often catches mentions that other monitoring services do not.

Mention review by Sari S.
Sari S.

"Mention - A Great Tool for Monitoring your Brand!"

What do you like best?

I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of mentions I get across the internet. Trying to catch them all is especially difficult when people don't always tag you. Mention to the rescue! It has allowed me to monitor the conversations about my album and tour across the web. I've never been keen on googling myself. This tool sends me Mention notifications right into my email inbox. Relief at last!

Other Mention users also comment about the company's great customer service, which is very important to me as a new user.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. And, if you incorporate Buffer into your Mention dashboard to schedule posts you've got a powerful workflow.

Monitoring conversations about my band and streamlining social media.

Mention review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent tool for "

What do you like best?

It is highly flexible in that you can write your own queries, meaning it can be used for a lot of different things. The support team is highly responsive and work very hard to solve problems incurred by heavy users like us.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are buggy and the range of boolean options are limited. More work needs to be put into the report function as they are currently too inflexible.

Social listening, media monitoring and influencer search

Mention review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Effective social listening tool for all social media marketers"

What do you like best?

The ability to capture mentions that might be lost in the noise of social media helps my role as a social media marketer to be able to respond to important mentions.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing much to dislike about the tool, except that the UI can be further improved to make it more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared and committed to responding to mentions as you'll be receiving a lot of mentions.

I've managed to help my brand to be effective in social listening which led to partnership and collaboration through responding to all the mentions.

Mention review by Administrator in Law Enforcement
Administrator in Law Enforcement

"It's Okay"

What do you like best?

I like mention has the ability to pull in specific words even if you are not tagged in that specifric post.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that it is slightly delayed, and that LinkedIn won't allow you to pull results because of their private system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial before buying it. You may not need to purchase if it's a small business.

Mention allows me to find where people are "mentioning" us after a long day of work. I do not have to search for most of these mentions, they just pull right on in.

Mention review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Great tool to know where you are being talked about!"

What do you like best?

We have got some real help in checking out certain areas where we can be an influence(like Twitter).

It's really easy too.

What do you dislike?

In trial period now. The pricing seems to be a bit on the higher side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should give it a try. They give mentions from so many different platforms. They provide a trial, you can evaluate before buying.

Major amount of time is being saved with Mention and we definitely learnt some areas that we need to pay more attention to.