MerlinOne

The Merlin Digital Asset Management system gives you immediate access to all of your valuable assets no matter how large a digital collection you have. MerlinOne systems are working 7x24 helping customers store, retrieve and protect large collections with confidence that all of their digital assets are accessible and secure.

Work for MerlinOne?

Learning about MerlinOne?

MerlinOne Reviews

Ask MerlinOne a Question
Showing 35 MerlinOne reviews
MerlinOne review by <span>Rob W.</span>
Rob W.

"Great and trouble-free archiving system "

What do you like best?

Simple setup for files and metadata, and our librarian can dump content to Merlin in a single system. It's easy to set up and easy to make configuration changes, and the FTP hot folder is trouble free.

What do you dislike?

This is a good problem to have, but we have so much content in Merlin that people sometimes have to write very specific searches to be able to find exactly what they're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of the customer service -- Mike and his team are great at checking in and can answer any questions you'd like.

We've saved a ton of money on buying storage space and external drives over time, and we love the "upload it and forget it" nature of the service.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MerlinOne
MerlinOne review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Product, Small Company "

What do you like best?

Core functionality - specifically the search functionality. I love being able to integrate with a variety of systems, one being Google Vision Autotags. You are able to really drill down to exactly what you want to find and include a variety of different fields in the search palette. My greatest endorsement for the company is their willingness to listen to new ideas that they do indeed end up implementing late on down the road. I am very excited about the possibilities for the future.

What do you dislike?

Often inconsistent communication due to a lack of ticketing system. Merlin recently purchased a solution but I can't speak to how well this will work to resolve issues as it's early days. There are also some issues because of how small the company is. My only other issue is deadlines, they are infrequently given and rarely met. The UI also leaves more to be desired but I also believe that's changing currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare based on how your company will be utilizing your digital asset management solution.

Centralized asset management system. We are no longer doomed to silo all of our assets throughout our organization, we can store, find, manage and share our assets throughout - most importantly we are able to view the usage rights related to assets that they would never have had access to before. We are able to cut down significantly on time spent finding assets and push that time towards creating great content.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

MerlinOne review by <span>Robert H.</span>
Robert H.

"MerlinOne review"

What do you like best?

Our mission at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center is the elimination of cancer and related diseases as causes of human suffering and death. As a photographer and media producer I don’t actually get to do that. However, MerlinOne enables me to help researcher and doctors do that work.

Fred Hutch didn’t have a digital asset management system when I started here three years ago. There wasn’t anybody in the organization who knew where more than a decade of archive media was, and there was no workflow for new material. Merlin solved both problems. Today, it’s practically effortless to locate, organized, collaborate, edit, output, and deliver material. What used to take hours or even days to accomplish, I can now do in moments, and THAT enables my team to help the people who are curing cancer.

MerlinOne’s customer support is top notch. It started when I called their office three years ago. Their staff listened to my challenges, and they understood the unique problems medical non-profits deal with.

I can’t imagine doing my job the way I do it now without Merlin.

What do you dislike?

It was be amazing if the web editing tool provided a little more production capability. Templated cropping / outputting would be amazing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call MerlinOne

Describe your problems. Be realistic about your financial limits. Consider your need to have a scaleable solution.

Then listen.

MerlinOne review by <span>Jill A.</span>
Jill A.

"MerlinOne fits our publishing business perfectly"

What do you like best?

We have used MerlinOne as our digital asset management system for many years. We archive our articles, photographs and PDFs of our pages, and can easily retrieve what we need when it's needed. We also really like and recommend TRAX - their photo assignment database and how well it keeps all parties notified of an assignments progress.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more printer template options for printing archived articles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't think of a better asset management system and would urge anyone considering purchasing one to absolutely give MerlineOne a try.

MerlinOne is our archive of published stories, and photographs as well as PDFs of our pages - which are fully searchable.

MerlinOne review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Simple Program with Big Impacts"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the customizability the program allows to best suite each companies needs. Their customer support and sales team are extremely helpful and are always within reach.

What do you dislike?

My one dislike would be how slow it is to get a system update; we've been on the waiting list for 4 months now with no work on when we are getting the latest version of the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program, I would recommend having a MerlinOne team member train your primary users and help set up the program in order to have it tailored to your company

We are utilizing Merlin to upload and share our photos throughout the company. This allows for our photo team to take photos and upload them onto Merlin with corresponding metadata; then other departments such as Marketing, Publications, Social Media, Business Development, Etc. are able to search and pull the photos they need without having someone from Photo search through years worth of files and hard drives

MerlinOne review by User in Newspapers
User in Newspapers

"East to use and a comprehensive database"

What do you like best?

The ability to go into the archive and pull separate items, such as the photo itself, the text itself or a PDF of the page the article appeared on.

That ability is nicely complemented by the simple download procedure.

What do you dislike?

The interface sometimes takes a very long time to load, and in some cases freezes up while loading. While this may partially be a result of occasional internet issues in the islands, more often than not, it isn't.

We have plans to make some portions of the archive accessible to our readers, so they can download photos of events, such as the annual Carnival, as another source of revenue.

Similarly, we plan to do the same with PDF of the front page, which some readers want to purchase as keepsakes.

The primary benefit at this point is the ease with hich reporters can add in-depth context to their articles.

Learn more about MerlinOne

MerlinOne Videos

Learning about MerlinOne?

* We monitor all MerlinOne reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.