Metro Monitor

Metro Monitor monitors all media outlets for public relations and corporate communications professionals, allowing you to gain access to proprietary news monitoring databases and innovatinve TV news clipping and media analysis services.

Work for Metro Monitor?

Learning about Metro Monitor?

Metro Monitor Reviews

Ask Metro Monitor a Question
Showing 13 Metro Monitor reviews
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Metro Monitor saves lives"

What do you like best?

What I love most about Metro Monitor is that I am able to go back and watch the actual newscast to see exactly how client features appear on the news. I also love how it tells me the value of the spot, as well as the runtime and audience.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Metro Monitor, however sometimes it's a little glitchy and doesn't let me scroll down all the way on the left side where I put in the networks and dates I want to access. To fix this, I usually have to refresh and enter in all of my information again.

We are solving the problem of proving the value of our relationships with reporters. Some clients don't always understand just what earned media can do for them, but this software helps us give data to the client that proves earned media is worth the money and relationships!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Metro Monitor
Metro Monitor review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great product, customer service"

What do you like best?

When we began using clipping services last year, I tried out a few companies to see which would be the best route. At the time, we needed a clip or two every once in awhile, so my opinion largely based on the customer service. I've worked with one rep the whole time, who has been extremely helpful. Whenever I have a question or a need, response time is quick and the answers are useful. And, our needs have since increased, and the rep was able to get me all set up with the portal, which is easy to use!

What do you dislike?

There are times when our clips don't appear in the dashboard, or they are unable to download. It takes a bit longer than expected to get the clip we need.

Now that we have access to the dashboard, we are able to keep track and download clips with ease. We still have access to our rep and communicate on an as-needed basis, which is great and helpful.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Metro Monitor review by <span>Cindy A.</span>
Cindy A.

"Decent for the Price"

What do you like best?

I like Metro Monitor's daily emails to keep me aware of what clips I have coming in, then I can log in to my company portal to save them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that often the links in the digest emails and in the portal don't work and play the videos - so I see a transcript about a potentially important news clips, but then I have to email customer service to get the video to work.

I am able to cost effectively track news media coverage with Metro Monitor and share those results with colleagues.

Metro Monitor review by <span>Katie B.</span>
Katie B.

"Metro Monitor does the job."

What do you like best?

Easy to pull clips. Publicity value is calculated for you.

What do you dislike?

The Power Search feature only searches radio and TV. The layout and design could be updated. I wish the reports that would export were a little more customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer service - easy to communicate with them!

We are able to monitor media from around the country with this tool. It allows us to pull clips for our clients and show them exactly what was broadcasted and add them to our media reports so they can see all the clippings in one place.

Metro Monitor review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Non-Profit Organization Management
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great product if you have a big name brand "

What do you like best?

Services are fast and efficient. You can get feedback from almost all platforms including social media and radio.

What do you dislike?

I was first introduced to this company with a smaller company and at the time we didn't benefit from it, however when I worked with a larger client, Sprite, it was so much easier to get the desired results. I just recommend fully evaluating whether this tech is worth it for your company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great for consulting with potential clients to show them real feedback from the media and to help with choosing brands to partner with. We used this tool for a beverage company and found it very helpful in deciding partners based on their social media and web interactions with our products.

The major benefit of metro monitor is that you are always in the know when it comes to your brand. You know how the public is receiving it and can quickly address anything that questions the integrity of the brand. Especially, because the platform is so easy to use and their support staff is always ready!

Metro Monitor review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Effective and affordable!"

What do you like best?

Metro Monitor is easy to use and a great value. My main use for MM is TV coverage, and are able to see local, regional and national coverage and create clips to show our industry partners mentioned and report on the coverage we produced.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a longer time frame to access clips before they expire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Metro Monitor is not only a great value, but the customer service is above and beyond! I love working with Bryan Council and his team!

We are able to report on TV and radio coverage mentioning specific keywords we set up in the system.

Metro Monitor review by <span>Luis V.</span>
Luis V.

"Metro monitor"

What do you like best?

Ability to go back and review. Give data back to client.

What do you dislike?

Everything works smoothly, I enjoy it very much.

How effective we are with reporters.

Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Review of Metro Monitor"

What do you like best?

Catches news articles that I would otherwise miss, like that it gives publicity value

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to filter out all of the stock information and analysis that it sends and just send direct news coverage links

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend

Better for monitoring so our employees can spend less time doing so

Metro Monitor review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Metro Monitor"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use this to track a company’s growth and analytics

What do you dislike?

It’s kind of a confusing layout at first

It helps analyze how a business is doing, as an employee for a PR firm we manage client’s traffic with this product

"Love metro monitor"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy, you just give them the topic and date

What do you dislike?

Sometimes hard to find clips for certain stations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Email them ahead of time when you think you will have coverage

Finding and sending coverage to clients. The clients like to have the files for the sites

Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Metro Monitor Review"

What do you like best?

Metro Monitor is an easily used service and provides quick notifications for PR strategies.

What do you dislike?

While there is nothing I particularly dislike, I would prefer if there were more services offered.

Public relations and marketing issues.

Metro Monitor review by Agency in Broadcast Media
Agency in Broadcast Media

"My Metro Monitor"

What do you like best?

Easy menus make finding what i need very fast

What do you dislike?

Nothing is a problem. I use it daily to prepare news broadcasts

Keeps me up to the minute in breaking news

Metro Monitor review by User

"fair service"

What do you like best?

immediacy and accuracy as well as portability

What do you dislike?

lagtime prevents some reliability metrics

good coverage

Learning about Metro Monitor?

* We monitor all Metro Monitor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.