MiCloud Connect

MiCloud Connect

4.0

Mitel's solutions portfolio supports the free flow of communication, regardless of location, infrastructure, mode or device.

Work for MiCloud Connect?

Learning about MiCloud Connect?

MiCloud Connect Reviews

Ask MiCloud Connect a Question
Showing 101 MiCloud Connect reviews
MiCloud Connect review by Tad A.
Tad A.

"Mitel Conect"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use! Mitel Connect is easy to set up and ongoing maintenance

What do you dislike?

There are a few things we would like to see change at some point.

1) When someone leaves the company we cannot delete them we have to rename the account for the new person. If you delete and add someone new there is a 50 dollar charge, if you rename there is no charge?

2) I wish our fax numbers could be the same as our Direct dial number. I have used other systems where the same number was used as your direct dial and fax number.

3) When voicemails are sent to email the voice mail is not removed, at some point, the voicemail fills up and you are forced to go and delete them from the phone or application? why not have something that auto deletes them after X days or delete the oldest and keep going?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and map of all your phone numbers porting lines after the fact is a lot harder than all at once.

Mitel connect is our office phone system. we have 15 offices and its nice to have an ext to dial and reach any office.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MiCloud Connect
MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Great Cloudbased VoIP, but not 100% perfect."

What do you like best?

Ease of deployment and overall management. Cost savings vs. on-prem VoIP system. No need to upgrade SW or hardware on-prem. Tons more features than we had with our Cisco on-prem system. Most folks are really enjoying and using the 'presence' and IM in the desktop client. Mobile app and ring anywhere features ensure you never miss a call!

What do you dislike?

Downtime. We have had 2 outages since going live. Both were issues on Mitel's end and related to their servers. Some features could use improvement. The Outlook calendar integration polls Outlook in 2-3 day increments, so using 'Out of Office' to manage one's status works great during the week...if your computer is on everyday, but loses the info over the weekend and doesn't resync until Monday morning. Also, we need to auto forward calls at the end of each day, automating the process via Outlook Calendar 'Office Hours' isn't possible due to the weekend issue stated previously. Phone would drop the 'forward' every Sunday. This REALLY needs to be fixed!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I actually signed up via ShoreTel, but by the time we went live, Mitel had purchased and absorbed ShoreTel. When assessing various solutions, ShoreTel/Mitel was the only vendor that offered complete end to end products and support. No 3rd party devices, which many others combined several vendors for their solutions. I wanted a one-for-all solution.

Replacement on 10+ yr old on-prem VoIP system.

What VoIP solution do you use?

MiCloud Connect review by Justin W.
Justin W.

"ShoreTel has been a great VOIP phone/system"

What do you like best?

Having both a physical phone and a software phone on my laptop allows me to work remotely, or on campus, without any limitations.

What do you dislike?

Connecting to the softphone through VPN can sometimes be a hassle but this has more to do with the VPN.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product with a number of add ons available such as integration with Salesforce. We have our counselors using it and they are able to log calls much quicker and have a pretty good experience with it. Other features are available with third party options if you have specific use cases for these.

As a remote worker, having a phone that works exactly as if I was on campus is essential and it provides that.

MiCloud Connect review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"Shoretel Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Shoretel is that if I miss a phone call I have the name and telelphone number (Caller ID) of the individual which makes it easy for getting back to them. I also like that it is easy to save and forward voicemails to colleagues if they do not pertain to your role in a department.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that there are some glitches in the system that sometimes take it a while to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend ShoreTel to those who have a business or work for someone that is big on customer service and has a lot of clientele. With this software it is easy to get back to those that you missed and it makes it easier on you to remember these individuals by adding notes.

Getting back to concerned residents about mosquito control in the county.

MiCloud Connect review by Joshua F.
Joshua F.

"great features, fairly easy to use"

What do you like best?

voicemail configuration options and the ease of switching to softphone and back to office phone

What do you dislike?

mobile app softphone doesn't receive hunt group calls

Recommendations to others considering the product

After attempting to use it for instant messaging, users basically revolted and we switched to a different app for IM in order to keep everybody on one system. The issues were 1) the mobile app did not do IM and 2) the desktop IM notifications were difficult to notice, people were missing that they got IMs.

mobility. users working from home or on the road have easy options to make/receive calls

MiCloud Connect review by Executive Sponsor in Medical Devices
Executive Sponsor in Medical Devices

"Solid Unified Connectivity Provider, But Still Has Room to Improve"

What do you like best?

Phones are easy to use. Sound quality on their network is far superior to an over-the -internet Skype call.

What do you dislike?

Seems to be a service outage every season. While they are typically cleared up in under an hour, some have lasted the majority of the business day. Needs better integration with Skype for Business / Teams.

Mitel MiCloud is providing us our primary voice channel, and, through an MPLS between each of our sites and the MiTel Cloud, our primary data channel between our two business locations. It also allows our remote employees (few, but vital and important) to be integrated into our communications infrastructure as though they were in an office down the hall. Voicemail attachments to email have reduced turnaround time on responses to customers.

MiCloud Connect review by Gary L.
Gary L.

"Phone Systems Organization"

What do you like best?

ShoreTel is both the phone used in my office and the name of the program associated with it. It is used both to monitor my individual work phone as well as monitor designated phone lines meant to be used as designated call centers. It has a large memory and has a decent sort and search function.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, both my IT department and I have not yet figured out how to link it with our internal email systems and have it consistently work with forwarding of messages and updating contacts. The program interface is also very simplistic and looks like it was designed in the early 90's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend working with the telephone provider in your area before implementation. They may provide better deals with partnerships they have for your business needs. Shoretel is a wonderful provider but there has not been anything extra that I can see that they offer that others cannot. Go with whichever product or service that fits your own business needs.

It helps organize all my messages and places a timestamp on them. It keeps a log of the number, time and allows multiple playbacks and pausing of the message. This has helped in my efficiency in responding to calls. Additionally, the designated call centers that are set up allows for a log of all calls so that we can get back to people in a timely manner.

MiCloud Connect review by Lev K.
Lev K.

"Very positive overall experience with rolling out Mitel MiCloud Connect"

What do you like best?

Staff working with me was excellent. Any project will have issues. Staff at Mitel did all they needed in order to solve all issues in a timely manner. The system Mitel has designed is a great product that fits into the hosted telephony field really well.

What do you dislike?

Mitel Learn portal has a lot of information. Sometimes more then I wanted to see. But searching makes it easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great system with lots of options

Telephony, going from on-premise to hosted solution.

MiCloud Connect review by Megan W.
Megan W.

"So simple! "

What do you like best?

My favorite feature about Shoretel is that I can click on any phone number on my screen to automatically be calling via my phone. I hate looking back and forth between screens as it definitely slows me down. Additionally, I like using the window at the top of my screen to just copy and paste numbers there as needed.

What do you dislike?

I feel like it goes down a LOT and we are required to get IT to come resolve the issue. to be honest, I am not sure if this is due to other internet connections or if it is Shoretel, but I do have to say that it can be extremely frustrating at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure that you have a decent IT person who can help out whenever it shuts down.

Speedy phone calls and ensuring clear connections on all ends. I have used this at multiple businesses and it appears to be the most ubiquitous across all companies I have worked for.

MiCloud Connect review by Quinn F.
Quinn F.

"Efficient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the connectivity between the computer and phone. It seamlessly links them and makes it easy to copy and paste phone numbers. I like being able to enter a phone number in any format and have it automatically call for me. The overall display scheme used for the software is nice too. It is easy to navigate and looks pleasant to the eye.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when transferring a call it will fail. This could be due to a local network issue but I have had it happen on multiple occasions on separate days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a high quality product that should be usable across many business models.

I work at a tax collection agency where knowing the name of who I am speaking with and who I have talked to previously is very important. Having a detailed history and ability to call straight from the history list is essential. The shoretel phone system provides exactly what I need.

MiCloud Connect review by John W.
John W.

"Very Satisfied with Micloud"

What do you like best?

What I like most about miCloud is the ease and ability to make changes on the fly or add users and numbers

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about micloud is that you are still limited to the option in setups

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would recommend to others that are considering going to MiCloud. For the ease of use and setup and support that Mitel offers.

Our guys like being able to get voicemails emailed to them when out of office

MiCloud Connect review by Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.

"ShoreTel Review"

What do you like best?

Keyboard is easy to view and use. There are speed dials located on each dashboard and conference call options are available.

What do you dislike?

I would say the chord being so long and large. I would prefer either a smaller chord or maybe a wireless option. Sometimes having that atop of my desk, it gets caught on things and is just annoying to manage. I had to move the entire phone to the corner of my desk and that has been proving to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say it is definitely worth it due to all the functionality but depending on your profession, a wireless option might be a better move. No chords and less of a pain when the chords get stuck often.

We are trying to solve the problem of organization wide phones. These allow us to set conference calls and keep track of call logs and minutes.

MiCloud Connect review by Garrett F.
Garrett F.

"Great tool for any size company"

What do you like best?

As a PBX administrator using MiCloud Connect to make changes to phones, profiles, and call profiles couldn’t be easier. In a matter of minutes I can redo call flows, set up hunt groups, and make any number of changes.

What do you dislike?

Making changes to individual profiles is difficult. It is confusing to add services for users.

We needed a highly flexible new PBX that allowed for easy addition of new acquisitions and for workers to telecommute.

MiCloud Connect review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Voicemails, Calls and Conferences all in one place! "

What do you like best?

I love being able to see my missed calls and voicemails all in one place. It's easy to see how many times people call and if the number is unknown, it's easy to search and see who it was.

What do you dislike?

Please have a pop up or confirmation instead of click to call - it's so stressful and I wish ShoreTel could help me not call customers on accident. I can't count the number of times my or my teammates have just heard someone on the other end of the phone because we didn't realize we had clicked their phone number accidentally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't click phone numbers, unless you're ready to talk with someone. Even the slightest click will call a customer and you might not know it right away.

General phone calls and talking to customers - it's nice being able to have all my voicemails and missed calls in one, easy to read place!

MiCloud Connect review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"ShoreTel is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Shortel is awesome. Keeping track of voicemails and incoming/outgoing calls easy. You can run reports, keep voicemails for a long time, track how long you've spent on the phone and help streamline your productivity throughout each day. Very easy to use and user friendly. If you have any issues, the staff at Shoretel are very eager to help and knowledgeable. When working from home, I love the feature to switch calls to go to your mobile and when receiving calls or calling someone it appears you are at your desk and shows your work number. Click to dial is another great feature as well as transcribed voicemails.

What do you dislike?

To check voicemail externally, you can't call into voicemail direct like our previous vendor. You have to call your extension and let it ring until voicemail picks up an then *# and you can get into voicemail that way. At times, it can cause Outlook to run really slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend ShoreTel.

Shoretel provides the functionality that we need for handling calls. It's integrated with Outlook which is very beneficial. It's a great tool to use for communicating internally. It allows you to see if someone is already on the phone and you can use online chat within the ShoreTel Communicator software.

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Good program, a little short on service"

What do you like best?

We were former ShoreTel customers that were migrated to Mitel with a merger. So far, I've seen consistent uptime with few interruptions in our phone cloud service. There is a quick access to any help or support issues through the physical telephone via a softkey.

What do you dislike?

Customer service seems mired in a tiered system with a low-level of tech ability at the lowest tier. For a complex service with complex issues, the first contact in a tiered support system should have a higher level of empowerment and knowledge base.

Cloud Connect allows us to communicate effectively with so many features that would be cost-prohibitive otherwise

MiCloud Connect review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"Love the Shoretel Communicator"

What do you like best?

I love how I can check my Shoretel communicator software to see who called and why I missed, and it is also easy to look back at the call long to see when you talked to someone and for how long. It's also easy to call people using the communicator because it will go directly to your phone. I also get an email with my voicemails attached so I can check them easily when I'm out of the office! I also love that I can forward calls to my work cell phone when I'm out of the office as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's so convenient to use and I haven't found a flaw yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it! It makes it so easy to stay connected to the office, especially when out!

It's much easier to stay connected when out of the office or in a meeting with Shoretel. The communicator is so convenient and useful. I've never used a phone system that got me as a professional!

"Great tools"

What do you like best?

We love the tools available and that they're user friendly with a clean and simple user experience. Everything we need to communicate as a team is readily available and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is a bit clunky. But, there are other options for forwarding calls so we use those. Looking forward to an app update to see what's new. Would be great to have access to IM's via the mobility app.

Everyone gets a conference bridge and we don't need a third party app to get it. We love IM! Our emails are no longer junked up with short internal communications.

MiCloud Connect review by Casey W.
Casey W.

"Easiest and best office phone system"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use and navigate. I felt like an expert after only using ShoreTel for about a day because basic tasks are so simple to implement. Even though it doesn't make a lot of sense for smaller offices, I kind of wish this was the default for everyone because making transfers/holds/multiple calls is just so simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

I've yet to encounter a problem from my short time using it.

It allows me to move through a large queue of calls quickly by wrapping up a current call and immediately moving on to the next call without having to do much other than 1-2 clicks of a mouse. That's the biggest solution thus far.

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Good product with a few hiccups"

What do you like best?

Ability to connect multiple sites into one system without the hassle of private tunnels or managing on-prem hardware.

What do you dislike?

The current desktop client app requires admin access in order to run an update, and a majority of the time will not run at all when there is an update pending. This can cause quite an issue when you have several locations needing updated at once.

Our biggest business problem was that all of our sites were completely sectioned off and unable to link to each other. Now we are on one system, one directory, easily able to transfer between sites.

MiCloud Connect review by James M.
James M.

"Shoretel Sky"

What do you like best?

We switched from an 'On Premise' Shoretel system to Shoretel Sky. The primary reason for the switch was that the Sky platform allowed us to record our calls in the cloud. The call tracking data that is available allowed us to re-prioritize our staffing levels and take hold times down by 60 seconds during our peak call time of day.

What do you dislike?

We are at the mercy of their call center. When something at Shoretel goes down our call center goes down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support team was very helpful when we switched over. They re-created our phone tree and setup all the call queues.

Cloud based. Easy to setup remote users and in the office users.

MiCloud Connect review by James M.
James M.

"VOIP"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly change options and call flow

What do you dislike?

The changes that have been made are not as intuitive. The app is just ok, needs to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set it up correctly the first time and it will make your life easy.

Voice over IP and the ability to link phones for the entire company.

MiCloud Connect review by Jamaal K.
Jamaal K.

"State-of-the-art, unified messaging"

What do you like best?

Replaces disparate tools and systems, while providing reliable, cloud-based solution.

What do you dislike?

The fact that (Starleaf) video conferencing is a "bolt-on" third party app. Need to be more seamless (including passwords).

The problems we address were 1) reducing on-site support cost, 2) maintaining different, non unified tools (voice, conferencing, IM), and 3) business continuity/disaster preparedness.

MiCloud Connect review by Tyler D.
Tyler D.

"Handy for Keeping Track of Activity"

What do you like best?

We primarily use the call recording and and logging in Salesforce. This really helps us keep track of rep activity and make sure that all calls are being logged. The ShoreTel Communicator makes it very easy to see who calling, check your voicemail, create a conference call, and call other people.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes ShoreTel will disconnect or not record the call in Salesforce, other than that there is noting that I really do not like. Part of this may be because I primarily use a laptop and am not always connected to my docking station, and when I reconnect it doesn't automatically turn on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not have any recommendations at this time.

Keeping track of activity is a big part of what makes our business thrive and we put a key focus on it. ShoreTel helps us automatically log activity's to record accurate call counts.

MiCloud Connect review by Eric K.
Eric K.

"Very good scalable solution to replace aging non-IP solutions. Lower TCO than other big players."

What do you like best?

Can easily be installed for small and large deployments. Many portions have been built from the ground-up and their latest offering has a very modern design with good integration with other products. They have less "nickel and dime" strategies than some of the other PBX providers.

What do you dislike?

For VERY large deployments, their engineering and support teams do not have the experience that bigger providers have. Especially with their latest platforms, we sometimes feel as if we are testing some items in our production environment. It doesn't happen often, but I'd like to be able to engage some of the other big customers to see how they utilize the software and where we may be able to improve or add functionality. Least cost routing generally works well, but it can be difficult to track and properly document across continents. VPN phones work, but not as well as they should with their VPN Concentrator. Focus on the ShoreTel Sky/Connect platform for VPN, that is supposed to be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good for small and large deployments alike. There are some things to look out for when performing international implementations, but most can be solved by multiple images based on recommendations from ShoreTel. They are a newer player still brining fresh ideas to market. Competitors have been looking at acquiring this company, so that says something.

We have many large and small remote sites that used to all have their own individual phone systems. By combining all of them together into one unified phone system our support staff can better support our sites without always having to rely on outside vendors or dedicated, on-site staff.

MiCloud Connect review by Heather P.
Heather P.

"So user friendly"

What do you like best?

The ease of setting up a conference call via a meeting maker & using ShoreTel communicator. ShoreTel VOIP phones are very user friendly & makes conferencing & transferring calls, a breeze. The customer support is always there should you have a question or would even like to demo additional products. There are so many that make your personal & professional life easy!

What do you dislike?

What's not to like? ShoreTel is very easy to use & solves many challenges. Definitely makes being mobile very easy & user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product with many uses & solving challenges.

Connecting with clients, prospects & colleagues in a simple & one-click environment. I've always been nervous about conferencing in clients & customers but ShoreTel does all the work & the conferencing is seamless!

MiCloud Connect review by Kurt H.
Kurt H.

"Go faster"

What do you like best?

Nothing really comes to mind. It's not intuitive and reacts pretty slow.

What do you dislike?

Trying to update or change a user is slow and tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing has changed moving from ShoreTel to Mitel except the logo.

Connecting with clients. I wished I would have went with an on prem system instead.

MiCloud Connect review by Grant M.
Grant M.

"Shoretel Centralized VoIP installation with mixed SIP and analog lines"

What do you like best?

The product was very easy to install, implement, train and get using quickly.

What do you dislike?

Very little. A bit more in app help on the use of all of the available fields/options.

There are many times we are looking at fields options and do not know exactly what the choices would mean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shoretel is extremely easy to implement and set up.

This does not mean that its features are not robust.

Its architecture is VoIP centric from the get go, not bolted on functionality in an attempt to extend and old product's life

We have several business problems.

One was to get a communication platform that scales easily as we grow. To do more with the same number of employees. To better expand our business locations' communication needs quickly and easily.

Cost savings of SIP Trunks allow us to eliminate some costly analog and PRI lines

Improve customer service by allowing them to get in touch with our employees more directly and quickly, and get them to the right internal contact to best help them.

MiCloud Connect review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Great VOIP service"

What do you like best?

Not having to mess with traditional phone lines, and integrating the phones with Windows OS.

What do you dislike?

Relying on internet is a two-sided coin; when the internet goes down, so do the phones.

We are more efficient with handling voicemails and scheduling conference calls.

Executive Sponsor

"Happy client but still monitoring"

What do you like best?

The seamless design which allows use of our phone system across multiple sites and devices.

What do you dislike?

The price is becoming burdensome as we continue to grow and add more phones to our system. I also think the portal could be a little more intuitive and user friendly.

Seamless usage as we add more sites to our business. Call flow visualization, although I don't love the portal's design, is beneficial to us. Pre-programming holidays and business hours is great.

Executive Sponsor

"Phones with lots of features"

What do you like best?

This solution is very scalable and has many more features that our old system. My users can call support and get their phones set up to meet their individual needs.

What do you dislike?

There was a learning curve on operating them. Also, users need to know their login for the phone.

The benefit is a cost savings on a more robust system. Also, our remote workers can be a part of our office phone system which has improved inter-office communications.

MiCloud Connect review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Solid service and support"

What do you like best?

Great call quality, and very easy to manage. Support has been generally quick and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally have had delays in e-mailed support

No more onsite PBX, and cloud based allows phones to work anywhere - true plug & play!

MiCloud Connect review by Gary R.
Gary R.

"It works!"

What do you like best?

When it works, it works. Most of the time, this system works and I don't need to worry about it.

What do you dislike?

The management interface could use some review and clean up.

Communications are very important to our organization.

MiCloud Connect review by Terry S.
Terry S.

"Mitel Works for me"

What do you like best?

Their support people are very good. They get right to the problem and solve it quickly.

What do you dislike?

The admin portal is hard to work around in and it is difficult to do some things like setting up main line voice messages and hunt groups. The users do not having to dial a 9 every time they make a call.

It is easy to use and the users seem to like it.

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Small Office - Outsourced IT Group"

What do you like best?

We appreciate the service line offerings and products available from Mitel/Shortel

What do you dislike?

We had a long on-board process without leadership to ensure our phone system was ordered and installed in a timely fashioned. Also, leasing the phone equipment without the option of purchasing

We do not use MiCloud. GoTo meeting hosts our conference calls and web screen sharing because of its broad, ease of access for clients to use.

MiCloud Connect review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Shoretel - Products that live up to the hype"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I can show most customers how to use their phone/software within 3 minutes and they will have everything they need to know unless they qualify as an advanced user. Brilliantly Simple is what they use to describe it, and I have to agree, from the users perspective it is brilliantly simple. This makes Shoretel the Apple of business phones in my opinion. Also, the way their products work in multiple capacities, and with redundancy designed into each component is a very smart design, engineered to keep your business up and running and work around any point of failure. We love the simple SSO / AD integration and Office/Outlook integration. It is a highly flexible and secure system for any type of business environment.

What do you dislike?

I have seen more dropped handsets (just the receiver) on the IP480 fail than any other brand, but I'm sure there is a compromise between quality of build and quality of the sound of the handset as well. Also we have seen issues in certain builds that required software upgrades of the entire system that were not caught by QA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get on a good Partner support agreement which will make life easier.

We have solved communications issues between geographically separated sites and their customers in many formats, such as extension to extension dialing across the US, flexible voicemail/Auto attendant routing, company-wide IM, Conference bridges, etc. The Shoretel solution is simple to deploy and configure, in an advanced or simple environment. Users have gone from hating using their phone system to absolutely loving it.

MiCloud Connect review by Christina M.
Christina M.

"ShoreTel platform in small to medium environment"

What do you like best?

Easy enough to setup, install and get running. If you have a good VAR, help is only a phone call away. Phones were good quality, and a variety to choose from, for desktops, conference rooms and waiting room phones. 230g were used for desktops. The admins liked the 560g, as well as the call manager software used for handling calls.

What do you dislike?

Was not quite there yet for a really large scale environment (over 10k employees) but I can see them growing and getting there, in time. Our first VAR was not as responsive as we would have liked, or needed, but we were able to find another that was not just in it for the money, and whom we could purchase equipment from at a better price. A good VAR is invaluable!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework, and choose a good VAR of record. That makes ALL the difference in the world!

At the company I worked for, we used ShoreTel to replace an old legacy system. It was quick, as far as the deployment, and pretty painless, as far as the setup. Most things were intuitive, to a seasoned telephony admin, and whatever wasn't, could be answered on the ShoreTel site, knowledge base, or by the VAR. Overall, a solid contender in the VoIP world, for a small to medium company, with solid market growth. One benefit was less call issues, and an easier system to install and administer.

MiCloud Connect review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"Shoretel has seamlessly connected our many branches"

What do you like best?

I like how it connects our 16 branches together with 4 digit extension dialing, and the ability to transfer calls to anyone in the company or their cell phones. The portal is easy to use for reporting and management. Phone Assistant is simple to use although it could be more robust.

What do you dislike?

There are call quality issues that we have at some branches that are hard to pinpoint the cause. Shoretel diagnoses them as 'network issues' but offers no help in tracking down the cause. Customer support was really good until they outsourced to India. They are still helpful but the language barrier is difficult to navigate sometimes. The mobility app could be so much more than it is. The app just is not very intuitive. Phone assistant has a nice feature where you can create watch lists, meaning you can add a tab at the bottom for all of our branches and just have the people that you want to see in the branch view. After spending a lot of time setting those up, they just randomly disappear and I get calls from users asking, "what happened?". Shoretel told me the only fix was keeping the program up at all times. That is just not feasible.

We have probably cut our telephone costs in half company-wide by switching to Shoretel Sky. It is easy to manage from one location.

"Hit or Miss"

What do you like best?

The service works good in getting support and keeping track of tickets and results.

What do you dislike?

For whatever reason, sometimes my password doesn't work without notice when the browser remembers it and I can't log in and have to find a way to reset it, but since they only want you to communicate this way when you can't get in, it makes it very challenging.

Trouble ticket reporting

MiCloud Connect review by Jennie D.
Jennie D.

"Good so far..."

What do you like best?

I like the online platform. Providing users the ability to manage their profiles and preferences is great

What do you dislike?

I'm not able to make some of the changes that I need like deactivating profiles, making changes to services, etc... having to open a ticket for every request is not efficient

We were able to connect our entire company across the nation. It makes it much easier to communicate

MiCloud Connect review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

"ShoreTel is clearly the easiest to setup, manage and use VoIP solution on the market today..."

What do you like best?

1 size really does fit all. Regardless if you have 5 users or 5,000 users...all the features are available to every user if desired. While there are many VoIP solutions on the market, I have not found any to be more straight-forward and intuitive like ShoreTel. Setup is quick, management is known as the easiest in the industry, and users love the features. It just works!

What do you dislike?

The only area I see that needs improvement is time-to-market for new features. This industry moves at warp speed and in order to compete strong, we must be ready when the market relevance peaks. While ShoreTel has recognized this importance more so in the past 18 months, there is still room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it!

We support customers all over the world who use the ShoreTel product. No other product allows us to do this easier than ShoreTel.

MiCloud Connect review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Not for the novice, but very functional with great IVR design modules."

What do you like best?

The interactive IVR design modules were a great way of visualizing the design - and were much more functional than competitive vendor solutions.

What do you dislike?

Without initial training or prior experience, it can be a very difficult suite to navigate and configure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before committing to an investment in handsets, trial several different modules in order to ensure your choice meets the variety of company needs. They're not a 1 size fits all from exec to hotdesk user.

We replaced a legacy digital phone system to a full ShoreTel VoIP platform which provided us a full multi-site hot-desking solution that was centrally managed.

MiCloud Connect review by DJ P.
DJ P.

"decent but disjointed "

What do you like best?

Good support, nice phones, able to scale with business

What do you dislike?

Didn't integrate with Dynamics CRM as promised.

Compliance though call recording

MiCloud Connect review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"ShoreTel Communicator has everything you need for easy communication with your team"

What do you like best?

ShoreTel Communicator is a great tool for our company. It integrates seamlessly with Outlook, which makes call handling during meetings very simple. There is so much functionality included in the app that help increase productivity as well. The IM feature is a nice way to communicate with colleagues that may already be on a call. Voicemails can be saved or forwarded to another person. Call details can be documented and tied to a contact directly in the app. Several optional phone numbers can be stored and configured for out of office, meeting, absence routing automatically.

What do you dislike?

We occasionally experience latency with the Outlook integration. Some of the ShoreTel plug ins take a long time to load. Once Outlook opens and syncs with ShoreTel, the app usually works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We highly recommend ShoreTel to anyone considering an upgrade to their phone system.

We moved to ShoreTel recently because our old phone system was outdated. ShoreTel provides all of the functionality we need for handling phone calls quickly and easily. The integration with Outlook is another huge time saver for us.

MiCloud Connect review by Barbara G.
Barbara G.

"Room for improvement"

What do you like best?

When I'm able to actually get hold of an engineer or other tech, I can usually resolve issues fairly quickly.

What do you dislike?

Over the last several months, ShoreTel has outsourced their customer service department, so that all calls and emails are go through an off-shore call center, with poorly-trained personnel. This makes it cumbersome and difficult to resolve issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not in on the decision-making process. If I were to start over today, I would read as many customer reviews as possible before selecting a VoIP company.

We moved to VoIP a few years ago, which has made communicating among our business locations easier, and probably less expensive, overall.

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"We've been happy overall with the phones themselves. There have been some service & support issues."

What do you like best?

Phones are easy to use. Lots of options and add-ons available.

What do you dislike?

Support has not been responsive as we would like. Phone service and/or voicemail have gone down a few times.

Connecting all 4 of our locations on one phone system. Easier communication between locations. More options for forwarding or ringing calls to mobile phones.

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Mitel has been amazing with customer support."

What do you like best?

Ease of using the portal. The whole system itself is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. Everything I have used to far is great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do it...best thing this county has done so far.

With the entire County on one phone system, ease of access by dialing extensions or using the IM feature.

MiCloud Connect review by Lauren F.
Lauren F.

"Very Robust Tool!"

What do you like best?

ShoreTel Communicator program is very intuitive and easy to use. The dial in menu options are also easy to use but provide many options for customization.

What do you dislike?

I truly have not found anything I don't like about it.

It is my source for my internal company's phone directory. The history log of calls is always tracking even if you don't have the ShoreTel Communicator program up and running.

MiCloud Connect review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Shoretel for a Sales Environment"

What do you like best?

I love that shoretel, no matter what phone model, is all used the same way. We have 200+ users all over the country using regular phones, VPN phone and even soft phones/

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Shoretel is phasing out the VPN Concentratrt system and moving to another. And to a new system that are not compatible with each other. So we have to migrate 100 remote users or run 2 separate systems

Our day to day phone communication systems

"Overall good service"

What do you like best?

Support contact is usually very quick to respond

What do you dislike?

The IP phones seem to be sensitive to power fluctuations on POE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

System works well.

We are education. It's nice to a separate number for each phone instead of just extensions. It reduces the load on the office secretaries routing calls.

MiCloud Connect review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Real Estate
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Real Estate

"Good Product overall and would recommend but has a few flaws"

What do you like best?

ShoreTel is easily accessible via phone or web and can link to your computer via certain platforms. It also keeps statistics on phone calls which is key in a sales role. Also VMs are sent to my e-mail which is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

Call clarity has been poor at certain times but overall a good product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a solid platform and product. Every once in awhile the call quality is lacking, even with those instances, I would recommend the product.

It solves the problem of unreliable communication, dropped calls, and ability to access VM anytime. Benefit is that I can always get VMs and be in touch with customer and teammates.

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Phone review for Mitel Connect"

What do you like best?

The system itself works nicely the phone it self is easy to use

What do you dislike?

The service can be a bit better. For a cloud system it goes down to often

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure to get clarity on the training part

clients are better served when the phone system operates effectively

"Very dependable product"

What do you like best?

I like the information available to us through Connect and the analytics through the website.

What do you dislike?

We were in the middle of setting up this system during the Mitel merge and it made things a little complicated but after the merge all the kinks were worked out and we are very happy with the product and the customer service.

I have used the analytics to show my employees how many calls they were taking and it has made the employees that were lacking step it up!

MiCloud Connect review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

The best part of ShoreTel is the ease of use. Everything that you need is at your fingertips and easy to find and use.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to answer my phone from my laptop when I am away from my desk. I am not sure if perhaps this is an option that my office chose not to take advantage of or if this is simply not available from ShoreTel.

I find it easier to communicate via telephone with people outside of my office due to the ease of use. I find myself connecting more with co-workers since I don't have to dig around for their phone numbers.

"MItel"

What do you like best?

Customer support, up time, deployment...

What do you dislike?

not able to delete IM's from profiles...

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Main thing is up time. Previous phone service had issues with up time and were down often which caused the company problems. Outages are unavoidable. They will happen but less outages the better.

"frustrating implementation"

What do you like best?

the accessibility of the product from hard phone, soft phone, and app

What do you dislike?

implementation has taken 12 months; not all necessary implementation info and people provided up front

Recommendations to others considering the product

get more mitel service folks involved earlier to evaluate the whole implementation picture

More able to work efficiently remotely

MiCloud Connect review by Claudia C.
Claudia C.

"I miss Shortel Phone systems"

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of use and the ability to connect our offices via a short ext number (my company has recently switched systems). I liked the easy to navigate voice mail system.

What do you dislike?

Shortel was dependent on our internal connections and it could and did drop callers regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do have Shoretel, stick with it. The alternatives aren't any better. Outlook integration is best with this.

Having our clients reach us, communication with each other, Voicemail

"Pretty Good Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the connect Agent Manager screen the best.

What do you dislike?

The ecc zed 1 has a lot of bugs in it causing agents to be kicked off the lines. I also do not like the reports.

We are able to better communicate with our home office.

MiCloud Connect review by Melissa L.
Melissa L.

"Not easy to use"

What do you like best?

The online access to reports and invoices

What do you dislike?

Website is not user friendly. There is not a lot that you can do on your own but the support is good when you need them to make changes or additions.

Portable phone access is a huge benefit

MiCloud Connect review by Kristin N.
Kristin N.

"Ease of doing business"

What do you like best?

easy of system to use, ease to customize availability and competency of 800# service center

What do you dislike?

sometimes phone doesn't program correctly if phone had prior user

Calls are always answered. with the ability to re-route calls to other people and other phones, calls are always answered.

MiCloud Connect review by Dean S.
Dean S.

"ShoreTel "

What do you like best?

Easy for users to use the software. Low total cost of ownership

What do you dislike?

Configuration via web browser is very tedious. Does not have a way to add multiple items in some areas or do a mass reconfiguration in all areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good system for less than 5000 users. Has several issues when trying to implement in large enterprise.

Communications across our enterprise, Lower cost of PBX system.

"A good soft phone"

What do you like best?

Mitel's soft phone was easy to use and setup. Had good configuration settings.

What do you dislike?

Seemed to be pretty buggy at times. Eventually we went with a different solution because we needed something newer that was still being supported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mitel offered a nice solution for a soft phone but seems like they really stopped supporting it.

It allowed us to make and receive calls from computers connected to our work network .

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Disappointing lack of TLS1.2 support"

What do you like best?

The ability to log into the phone from any internet connection

What do you dislike?

we use the m5net.com click to dial feature, and I am disapointed it does not and will not support TLS 1.1 or above

De-centralizing our office and phone system

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Incredible Fidelity and Service"

What do you like best?

The call quality is incredible. And the overall cost of Mitel Cloud is just right.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding process was a bit chaotic. Still it was fairly smooth.

Telephony is a business critical function and we replaced an aging system.

MiCloud Connect review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"trusty ip phone solution"

What do you like best?

I like the interface on my computer as well as the desk phone

What do you dislike?

Sometimes conferencing and transferring calls fail

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly consider ShoreTel against any other vendor out there. quality product but could improve in a few small areas.

Shoretel makes it easy for me and my team to listen to one another and add value to each others calls

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Solid performance, good feature set."

What do you like best?

The ability to rent equipment and the online trust that shows system status in real time.

What do you dislike?

The inability to remove closed locations from our portal. We have many offices that come and go and the old office locations remain in the online portal and make it confusing to manage.

We are giving our smaller offices on-premise phone system features and reliability with the realistic and predictable costs associated with hosted VOIP.

"Glitches at times "

What do you like best?

The ability to save contacts and organize lists for them. See who is contacting me with the caller ID.

What do you dislike?

The system glitches at times and with go in and out of connection with our network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can be a great tool for calling but inconsistent at times.

The greatest benefit is the call history and voicemail use, it allows me to follow up with customers if I have an invalid number on their profile.

MiCloud Connect review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Simple Implementations, yet still Feature Rich"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the installs and integration. Easily the number solution one that we sell in terms of customer adoption.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to dislike except maybe the multiple name changes for their offer solutions, but I think that's all settled now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They really do have a solution for every organization. Whether you're replacing an end of life Axxess system, implementing a virtualized environment in the cloud, or the feature rich premise offering, you can't go wrong with Mitel and the direction they are heading.

Anyone that still has the tried and true Axxess system, there is a clear and concise upgrade path with Mitel platform. You can even utilize the same phones, which is a large spend with a new system.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a completely hosted solution.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be a decent amount of maintenance always happening which requires some downtime.

Cost of an on premise IP based phone system

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Seamless Service"

What do you like best?

We don't have to "worry" about our service any longer. It works as described and is reliable.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that stands out that I can say I truly dislike.

Reliable communications.

MiCloud Connect review by Amy Z.
Amy Z.

"Customer service "

What do you like best?

CT-Pros people who understand our system our needs and how to resolve issues

What do you dislike?

Customer service reps that do not find a solution to the problem or understand our system

??

MiCloud Connect review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"ShoreTel is a great product with a few minor inconveniences"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I like most about ShoreTel is the simplicity of its operations and the general functionality of the phone system.

What do you dislike?

I found this out today, I was unable to include a co-worker on a conference call until the third party answered, which at that time was too late

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer a skipping function in voicemail. Currently have to partially listen through new/old messages to get to message that you're looking for. Also, in the conference calling, the user can only connect to a third part once the call has been answered by the other person.

I found, through the use of ShoreTel's phone system, that it is very easy to figure out/master. Within a week of beginning my job, I had just about everything figured out.

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Great prodcut, but post implementation support can suffer"

What do you like best?

I like the flawless implementation and feature rich product. The PM was very knowledgeable and made sure that we had a great experience transitioning

What do you dislike?

Simple support issues have been difficult to resolve with lengthy hold times for the support center.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Increase support resources. This is a managed service.

We were able to replace a legacy system with a cloud based system to reduce tech cost and outages

MiCloud Connect review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Easy to teach new staff"

What do you like best?

This makes it easy to get all staff on board with our phone requirements. Everyone can learn the controls quickly and we can more onto more important things. Holds, parks or conferences work great.

What do you dislike?

If shortel doesn't load the proprietary phones are tough to use.

We needed to be able to run a call center and several branches without losing phone touch of our customers.

MiCloud Connect review by Hung N.
Hung N.

"Mitel service"

What do you like best?

Service and ease of use. Reliability is great

What do you dislike?

None that I can think of. Service has been great with no issues on quality

Office to office communication

MiCloud Connect review by Joseph M.
Joseph M.

"Hit and Miss"

What do you like best?

When the phones work without users complaining.

What do you dislike?

When users complain about the system not working reliably

Ease of using office phones across multiple locations.

MiCloud Connect review by Kevan M.
Kevan M.

"Mitel UC Review"

What do you like best?

I like the UCA app and its integration with the hardware phone.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app isnt stable or in sync with the phone

The softphone feature and app for mobile devices is great

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent!"

What do you like best?

It is a Brilliantly Simple solution to implement, maintain and use. We have administrative access to the entire enterprise for admin from a single interface. It is also, simple to use in that it allows the users to utilize a standard phone, software interface or mobile device.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing at this time. The system is on version 14.2. Version 15 is in beta and will be released soon. ShoreTel is committed to a version release every 9 to 12 months. These version releases are full of new features. The best lately is the ability to fully leverage VMWare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is head and shoulders above all the rest of the telephony solutions.

We are now fully mobile. All our sites are interoperating.

"Seamless and Reliable"

What do you like best?

A reliable, easy to use, function rich platform

What do you dislike?

The narrowness of the desktop equipment choices

Reliable telecommunications service with minimal infrastructure required

MiCloud Connect review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"Reliable service "

What do you like best?

Reliable service with an easy to use interface

What do you dislike?

Web portal is a bit slow. Could add more reporting

Hands off management

MiCloud Connect review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good software, very useful."

What do you like best?

The ability to easily contact anyone in the company, by chat or phone call.

What do you dislike?

Users who do not have UCA are still shown in the list, even though I cannot contact them. It also does not she their extention.

The ability to see if someone is available, or even in that day.

The ability to contact people that you may have never met easily.

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

If I put in a ticket or have a problem, they are always quick to respond and solve the problem.

What do you dislike?

Some features that I have had before on other voip phones are not available.

To have one phone number that can be logged in at any of our office locations easily is a great convenience.

MiCloud Connect review by Consultant

"Mitel for the WIN!"

What do you like best?

Simple implementation and management, sleek new design, reliability and cost effective

What do you dislike?

Long wait times for support on occasion

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've demo'd and researched several cloud VoIP providers and Mitel wins every time, price is very competitive, promotional offers are incredible, the product is easy to use and manage.

Improved efficiency, reliability and a lot of savings

"MiCloud Review"

What do you like best?

Basic functionality meets our needs sufficiently.

What do you dislike?

We dislike the constant software updates. A periodic update that our managed IT vendor could push out to all users would be preferable.

Customer service is not very good.

We had expected that the Mitel connect would allow us to dial from our keyboard

Business telephone service.

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Changed phone services to Mitel"

What do you like best?

The reporting and the fact that we can have as many lines as we need

What do you dislike?

not as much flexibility as i would like for growing or reducing the number of users

Our clients can reach us now! We were missing about 100 calls per day before we started using this solution.

MiCloud Connect review by Bill C.
Bill C.

"Mitel UCC"

What do you like best?

There is a continuing evolution in the MItel UCC product. New features are added with each release and the product seems to get better and tighter with each change.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the mobility application gain the ability to automatically move from Wi-Fi to wireless; something I understand is coming soon.

I am constantly in contact and available to my peers and clients. I can collaborate on the fly with the Mitel UCC.

"Very user-friendly!"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of our Shoretel phone system. It has so many great features and is very user-friendly!

What do you dislike?

Setting up voicemails for all of the different modes was somewhat cumbersome and time consuming.

Efficiently handling phone calls at work.

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Very happy with Mitel and especially support received."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of phone. Phones are very intuitive. Support is great and I like the followup to verify support.

What do you dislike?

Online portal is a little cumbersum and help files are very difficult to sort through for answers.

Availability to make changes on our own is very nice.

"Does it work with CRM"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and no real issues. Works as presented.

What do you dislike?

That it does not intergrate with our CRM Vertafore AMS360 and we were promised that upon implementation. We are on an old platform and have requested upgrades and Mitel is taking their time.

Not using MiCloud Connect

"Best VOIP"

What do you like best?

It works. We have them for many years and rarely they ever go down.

What do you dislike?

support system. I would like to eamil to open ticket rather then login to the site.

Phones. We don't have to run or worry about big infrastructure to run phones.

MiCloud Connect review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Fine Phone System "

What do you like best?

ShoreTel is easy to use. Agents can easily answer, record, and monitor calls.

What do you dislike?

We often have agents work remotely and they continuously run into some issues when using ShoreTel. Troubleshooting usually works out these issues, but it can be a nuisance and delay customer interaction.

Customer Care. Shoretel is easy to use for customer service purposes.

"Great phone service"

What do you like best?

I like the support we receive from the company.

What do you dislike?

That if the internet goes down he phone system goes down

We are able to hold many calls on different lines, have on hold music and transfer calls to different phones.

MiCloud Connect review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Tech Project Managet"

What do you like best?

Always being able to reach a support tech for assistance.

What do you dislike?

Inability to name a subject for new helpdesk tickets, Inability to create helpdesk tickets via email, Unable to call in without my account number.

More enhanced features than other systems.

"Aight so far"

What do you like best?

customer service has been very responsive to my questions and issues.

What do you dislike?

voip audio is not quite as good as landline?

Just migrating from Shoretel.. if same as Shoretel, it's the consistent service, pricing, and myriad of features avaiable.

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Mirel Connect review"

What do you like best?

Call clarity and the connectivity it brings to multiple locations. Also that it does not require on-premise phone switch.

What do you dislike?

Support. Can understand offshore non-English speakers most the time. Thay’re also Tier 1 script readers.

Continuity between locations.

"Inconsistent - "

What do you like best?

WE LIKE THE COST FACTOR

HELP DESK CAN BE USEFULL IF HOLD TIME NOT TOO LONG

What do you dislike?

Tend to get incorrect info on screen display

Recommendations to others considering the product

BE SURE ALL ITEMS IN SERVICE ARE COVERED

no answer

MiCloud Connect review by Administrator

"Solid service, great support"

What do you like best?

Customer service is great, always fixes our issues.

What do you dislike?

The phones go down too much sometimes. They get fixed quickly, but still an issue.

Connecting our tenants with their clients.

"Horrible"

What do you like best?

Call visibility. There is nothing else to like.

What do you dislike?

Have had so many problems that we dislike just about everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has created more problems than solved. Zero benefits

"Overall Good"

What do you like best?

Setup is quick; system is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

System down time - Lost entire phone system a few times

Calling other locations/personnel via an extension

MiCloud Connect review by Consultant

"Great customer service from project manager"

What do you like best?

Amazing phone system at a low monthly cost

What do you dislike?

No onsite training makes asking questions difficult

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lower fixed cost makes this a great product

lowering fixed costs

Learn more about MiCloud Connect

MiCloud Connect Videos

Learning about MiCloud Connect?

* We monitor all MiCloud Connect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.