MiCollab

3.4

Mitel MiCollab solution combines collaboration, mobility and messaging into a single solution that empowers people to collaborate more easily

Work for MiCollab?

Learning about MiCollab?

MiCollab Reviews

Ask MiCollab a Question
Showing 13 MiCollab reviews
MiCollab review by Erik J.
Erik J.

"Easy to use, but can be cumbersome to set up!"

What do you like best?

Call handling features allows you to push and configure where you want your extension or DID directed to very easily. Creation of new statuses for quick changing of call routing helps a lot! Once set up it is easy to use but can be frustrating when you get a new phone or if your phone crashes.

What do you dislike?

Cell phone app - it does not push the instant messages as well as it should. It would be nice to see the instant messages that are on the computer also appear on the phone app. Even when switching the desktop app to send to mobile - they still don't appear on the mobile app. If you don't have the mobile app open it wont ring through the mobile app. The mobile app still needs a lot of addressing. Also - would be nice if the desktop app allowed faxing and sms texting through it, competitors have had this for years unless its our org that does not have it yet. Also the set up of the mobile app is not user friendly at all - if you get a new phone or have to do a hard reset on your phone you have to go through an entire process to get it re-deployed on your phone. It can literally take days to get this done. Would be nice if you could just login using your credentials like every other phone software out there!

We provide management services to other companies so being able to tenant the softphones has solved a big problem for us. We were having to purchase hard phones for every user when most just needed the app on the phone or desktop for call center type of work.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MiCollab
MiCollab review by User

"Decent for chatting and making phone calls"

What do you like best?

I have used MiCollab for chatting and making phone calls, but it really lacks in user customization as far as font choice, window color, etc, go. Paired with Mitel phones, checking missed calls and voicemails is pretty easy, and the directory list makes it easy to call anyone in the company without having to look up their extension.

What do you dislike?

Older versions generally didn't want to play nice with Windows updates, so in order to have MiCollab work, we needed to stop a lot of Windows updates from rolling out. That seems to have been fixed in 7.2, and we haven't had an issue with Microsoft's CUs for Windows 7 or 10 interfering with MiCollab operation yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The real-time access to everyone in the organization regardless of location will help make everyone's days more efficient! Mitel MiCollab Client is the perfect addition to all MiVoice phones. If you're looking for an advanced Unified Communications solution Mitel's MiCollab Client will get you there. The client works great on your PC, MAC, or smart device!

One of my favorite features is Exchange calendar integration that shows everyone else on MiCollab when my next appointment is so they know when not to call. I would like to see more customization options, though, so that MiCollab would work better with inverted or high-contrast color schemes.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

User in Insurance

"Easy communication tool for business with multiple locations"

What do you like best?

I love the mitel chat feature. We use it frequently while on the line with a customer that may have talked to another agent. I also enjoy the ability to transfer, swap and connect calls using my desktop. We also utilize the note feature to keep track of who is in or out of the office which is great when a customer is requesting a specific agent.

What do you dislike?

We have outages quite often. There have been many instances of our history being blank for days at a time (not showing previous callers) we often need to look back at the caller list to retrieve phone numbers and time of call and it can be frustrating to open the tab to find calls from last week and nothing recent.

Fast efficient communication that allows us to keep up with other agents at satellite location.

MiCollab review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great communications software"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of answering and making calls. I like the abiliy to interface with my cell phone. I like that voicemails are emailed to you.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything that I don't like about MiCollab.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the easiest phone systems and software I have ever used. There are so many uses and shortcuts that make the phone system really great.

The ability to receive and make calls on my cell phone that appear to be coming the office. The ability to take may office phone with me on my cell phone.

MiCollab review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Mitel MiCollab"

What do you like best?

Ease of use to make internal phone calls. Caller ID available.

What do you dislike?

Did not satisfy needs to written internal communication. Customization and reach were not there either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review what kind of communication you need it for. If you need to be able to add attachments, gifs, or emojis to messaging, then it is not as flexible as other programs. Good for easy phone communication, however.

Internal communications.

MiCollab review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Good communication tool"

What do you like best?

User friendly, ability to chat and have conversations outside of email or phone calls, ability to customize profile (picture, information, traveling, out of office, free, available, etc.). Configuration with phone for ability to accept and place calls from computer.

What do you dislike?

Is not always functional with our system, could be due to internal configeration setup or due to the software itself. Even if a user is not logged in, it shows them as available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good communication tool for teams scattered throughout different geographic locations in an organization. Ability to see availability (for scheduling meetings, calls, etc.) as well as ability to have short chats, check-ins, etc. with members of your team.

Improved communications across enterprise with multiple locations

MiCollab review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"More complicated than it needs to be. "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to see if coworkers are on the phone or available, this helps me to save time when I am paging them for a call.

What do you dislike?

I am unable to chat with most of my contacts.

Routing incoming calls. The pop-up window is nice when calls come in.

MiCollab review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Simpler version of Lync"

What do you like best?

I like that you can make calls right from the application and I can see who is in a call.

What do you dislike?

setting up a conference call through the application is a pain. It also isn't as visually pleasing as Lync is.

connecting with employees nationwide.

MiCollab review by User in Computer Software

"Okay to use internally; difficult for external use"

What do you like best?

Centralizes calling, IMing and conference calling

What do you dislike?

Extremely buggy and temperamental. Very difficult to use with clients.

Call functionality.

MiCollab review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Solid if unspectacular single-access communications"

What do you like best?

I like MiCollab Client's straightforward instant messaging capabilities, integration with Mitel's phone hardware, phone activity detection and mobile phone connectivity.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of MiCollab Client's clunky user interface and humdrum user experience overall.

With MiCollab Client, team members in our recruiting firm are better connected with each other. The team benefits from the platform's real-time messaging and mobile flexibility.

"MiCollab"

What do you like best?

I love the IM feature the best. It is such a great way to communicate with my colleagues.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. It’s awesome!!!

Customer questions and concerns from colleagues who have better insight on certain topics quickly and easily.

MiCollab review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"MiCollab"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Helps everyone pitch in on projects.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a little more visually appealing.

We’ve been using this to communicate and collaborate on various projects. It lets everyone have a voice.

"Works Great"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use interface make for simple collaborations

What do you dislike?

Nothing its very simple to use no complaints from me

Meetings and group projects are a lot easier using this product

Learning about MiCollab?

* We monitor all MiCollab reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.