MicroEdge GIFTS

GIFTS Alta will transform your grantmaking by making steps in your workflow faster and more efficient, and easier to connect everyone into your grantmaking.

Work for MicroEdge GIFTS?

Learning about MicroEdge?

MicroEdge GIFTS Reviews

Ask MicroEdge a Question
Showing 10 MicroEdge reviews
MicroEdge review by Shannon S.
Shannon S.

"Mostly User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that grantees can upload their documents directly into the database so that I don't have to deal with a lot of emailing back and forth.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little bit clunky to click through - this is coming from experience using on a Mac with firefox.

I only used this software on a consulting basis, but if applied to my work in other agencies, I could see it solving a ton of legwork related to folks having to email in files that are zipped or otherwise made smaller due to the amount of paperwork involved with reviewing grants.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MicroEdge GIFTS
MicroEdge review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"A dream for Grant writers"

What do you like best?

I been in grant writing for the last 6 years, and this software has now become indispensable for me. I track about $4 million of dollars in grants and private gifts, and this software and given my organization structure. I believe whether you are a small or large non-profit, this software is needed in order to effectively track the amounts. The best feature is how you can tailor the features to a custom setting where it can be applied to each individual organization. Also what I love is the contact management. I use to have so many excel lists and now I just rely on the software.

What do you dislike?

Reporting templates are too broad, I would like someone to help me develop one that serves best my needs. I have different audiences that want to see different budgetary funds. For instance, my board of directors wants to see whats in and whats going out, compared to my donors who are matching a grant, they want to see effort in collecting more funds for that specific project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others considering MicroEdge that in the beginning it will require a lot of work. developing the templates, creating the data bases, teaching all employee the new software, but once it sets up, it will make organization so efficient.

I am solving the tracking and classifying of the grants I receive, as well as the management of my donors and contacts.

What Grant Management solution do you use?

MicroEdge review by Administrator in Law Enforcement
Administrator in Law Enforcement

"Valuable Software (with work!)"

What do you like best?

In GIFTS Online, there is a great deal of flexibility with designing applications. I was able to design one that integrated perfectly with our website, although it took a bit of trial and error to figure it out.

What do you dislike?

Accessing training or how-to videos can be difficult. MicroEdge charges for training sessions, and they're out of our budget. However, our Customer Success advocate was extremely helpful in answering questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes a while to figure out how to accomplish tasks, but with dedication the software is a valuable addition to non-profits.

We were able to move our grants application process completely online, and it integrates with our current management software too. It's going to simplify our process quite a bit.

MicroEdge review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Easy to learn, hard to use"

What do you like best?

As a new development professional, I had found MicroEdge GIFTS to be pretty easy to learn and navigate around... at first.

What do you dislike?

We found MicroEdge GIFTS to be constantly buggy -- and it was very frustrating that if we wanted anything customized, we couldn't do that ourselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not involved in the decision to purchase/use MicroEdge GIFTS so it's difficult for me to judge the pricing and terms.

MicroEdge GIFTS served as a CRM that our institution had been using for a while, and unfortunately leadership was not interested in purchasing a different (and better) solution. So it "worked" because we made it work, but we were very unhappy using it.

MicroEdge review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"MicroEdge very user friendly"

What do you like best?

From the perspective of someone completing a grant application, this software is very easy to use. I like that it is easy to find past applications and reports.

What do you dislike?

The printer friendly versions of applications are sometimes hard to read and jumbled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is super user friendly and it is nice when so many foundations and other funders use the same platform so that overworked nonprofit staff don't have to learn a ton of different softwares to apply for funding.

We use this software to apply for grants with many different funders.

MicroEdge review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"We Love this product"

What do you like best?

Friendly staff and great customer service. Love how the product is always evolving.

What do you dislike?

Not much- some of the forms are a little cumbersome to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

We are a grant making organization.

MicroEdge review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Solid standard, needs updating"

What do you like best?

Microedge really understands grant management. GIFTS uses language that nonprofit foundations will recognize. Now that they are owned by Blackbaud, expect more updates and changes to the product.

What do you dislike?

User interface, out of date, not cloud based, no mobile app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Interview your key stakeholders and identify biggest priorities. Also consider Fluxx and FoundationConnect if you are looking for mobile based, visual reporting.

Gift management, requests, tie ins to generate documents and log emails are very helpful.

MicroEdge review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"Good program"

What do you like best?

Online forms and applications. This option allow user to create their own application that support what you need.

What do you dislike?

User are unable to make any suggestion to change any program features to technician. All must be done through web board.

Online form and application

MicroEdge review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Decent system"

What do you like best?

All of our submitter information is easy to see and organized

What do you dislike?

We do not have the ability to download reports in excel which makes reporting very difficult in the system

N/A

MicroEdge review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"A solution to track grants."

What do you like best?

Out of the box reporting was very useful.

What do you dislike?

I was a user of GIFTS in 2010 before moving to a new and different solution. Back then, the user interface was antiquated.

We used GIFTS as our grant tracking software for over a decade. It met our needs "back then" but failed to keep up with the changing times of technology until it was too late. They were "ahead of the curve" and then moved "behind the curve."

Learning about MicroEdge GIFTS?

* We monitor all MicroEdge GIFTS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.