MicroMain CMMS

4.0

MicroMain Maintenance Software offers a CMMS with a local install one-time payment and SaaS/hosted monthly payments.

Work for MicroMain CMMS?

Learning about MicroMain CMMS?

MicroMain CMMS Reviews

Ask MicroMain CMMS a Question
Showing 22 MicroMain CMMS reviews
MicroMain CMMS review by Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.

"MicroMain - A Must Have to Increase Productivity and Lower Costs"

What do you like best?

I have been using MicroMain for 5 years and have been able to make a significant impact in many areas of our facilities/university areas. We are now able to get to our reactive work orders same day and communicate with the requestors far more effectively that we could prior to launching the Work Request portion of the program. We can now monitor and assist our crew members more effectively utilizing the Mobile product. Our tie in with Parts and Preventative Maintenance has allowed us to control cost and waste. This is a must have.

What do you dislike?

With the newest update to the program I am hard pressed to name things I dislike. The product and the company meet and/or exceed all expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand your needs and in addition to working with MicroMain to get set up - speak with others in your field already successfully using the program,

Lower costs

Higher productivity

Better service to our customers

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MicroMain CMMS
MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"so many steps? maybe more training "

What do you like best?

I do like that the employees can use this with their toughbooks and everything will interface. I think there are a lot of neat features that we have not discovered yet. We will look into further training.

What do you dislike?

The system is one in which you need to have extensive training. Also, when doing report or wanting to query information I should be able to build what I'm searching for, not be limited by what is already pre-set. This may be an issue with us not having had a full training session; and believe that we are planning on doing that. But at the same time I feel more of the system could be more intuitive so that each and every person does not need to have such in-depth training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To be able to build one's own reports without having to go through so many steps;

To be able to run the same reports for multiple properties and assets without having to do each one by one;

To be able to turn on or off things like "Auto Cost" so you don't have to click it every time you enter a cost.

To be able to build how you want your own work order to appear and include multiple things that you cannot show all in one report as of now.

we at this time haven't reached its fullest potential due to lack of knowledge, which will come with further training.

What CMMS solution do you use?

MicroMain CMMS review by Phillip M.
Phillip M.

"Great machinery and asset tracking software"

What do you like best?

WebRequest allows our customers to submit requests without the need to call the office. The submitted requests are sent to a property e-mail and forwarded to a cell phone. Our staff carry the cell phone 16 hours a day so most requests are viewed immediately. Thus our customers have near immediate contact with Maintenance staff 16 hours a day.

I also like the information that is available to the staff working on the work order as we have entered relevant information such as circuit breaker source, belt size and specifications. This increases efficiency as they do not have to look up these items in plans or books. This is areal time saver.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup is a little daunting as there has to be a logical approach to how you wish to build the database. This is true with any CMMS software as you start with a blank slate. We built our database based on location that is done by architectural number on the plans. It took some time to get the hierarchy set up but it makes sense once all the staff got used to how to use the software.

The scheduling part of the software is still a work in progress. Maintenance is seldom exactly on schedule so trying to make our tasks fit perfectly with a prescheduled activity is like herding cats. It is just the nature of how we get things done. Our day is constantly rearranged throughout the day and try as we may we seldom get things done perfectly on schedule. This is why we really have not worked too hard to get preventative maintenance scheduling up and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has so many available features and applications that anyone that wants to organize and streamline their Building or Fleet maintenance will find what you are looking for. I have found this software intuitive and robust. I really like knowing how much time and parts we have used to repair any piece of equipment and having that information at my fingertips.

We now have a really good repair and equipment history. We have been using MicroMain since 2004. We can tract equipment repair history and see how much labor and parts cost have been spent on any asset.

WebRequest has been a life saver. Maintenance staff has been reduced over the years as we do not generate revenue. The less staff we have the more time out of the office everyone is. Our customers can submit a request and we will see it on our maintenance cell phone literally within seconds. We can read the general information and can react immediately if required.

MicroMain CMMS review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

" Micro Main 4 out of 5"

What do you like best?

I like the way it tracks inventory of parts, failure of parts and cost including labor when looking at asset history. It tracks history of every asset and gives you the sport needed when being audited by regulatory agencies.

What do you dislike?

Once a part is created in the system I'm you cannot change the part name. You need to put a lot of thought into how you name your parts before you create them in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training is a key. Give users plenty of time to "play" in the system before going live. Build your asset hierarchy before entering any assets in the system. If using in multiple locations and develop a naming convention to be used across all locations where Parts art concerned

The system makes it very easy to send an RFQ to multiple suppliers and compare prices within the system.

Once you have history on the equipment and parts use it is to become proactive and your maintenance becomes predictive.

MicroMain CMMS review by Rick M.
Rick M.

"VERY Powerful tool, lots of features, needs a modern overhaul of GUI and user friendliness."

What do you like best?

It is so hard to choose a feature that is the best. Perhaps the ability to create a rotating schedule of PM work orders which automatically generates and creates a work order for the staff is my favorite. It saves a ton of time by not having to manually issue 17 PM's each week.

What do you dislike?

GUI, GUI, and GUI. I understand that the platform has been built upon MS Access. However, in keeping up with the competition and modern times a more user friendly GUI that interacts and works well with tablets, phones, and mobile computing devices is essential.

Regular scheduled PM's are now managed by the software. On demand orders can be created by users anywhere in our facility. We are just starting to dive into inventory management.

MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"We have used Micromain CMMS for more than 10 years."

What do you like best?

The easy of use. Micromain is easy to use in our manufacture.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to find the cause of the problem when an unexpected issue occurred.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have one issue about meter-based PMWO that the meter reading did not get saved to the PMWO and the reading date could not be modified. I already raised the issue to Micromain support but it has never been improved on their new version. I still look forward to see this change which will tremendously help us.

We had the problems on finding the right tool for CMMS as it is hard to find the software that fitted in our variety needs for shop floor, facility management, production maintenance, web-based work order request, real time data, etc. But Micromain can answer to all of those questions. It saved us time and cost after implementation.

MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Libraries
Administrator in Libraries

"Does the job but there are better CMMS programs"

What do you like best?

We like the ease of use. It is very user friendly (except scheduler).

What do you dislike?

The scheduler module is terrible. We gave up trying to use it. We have also experienced issues after updates/upgrades. 2 of 5 people in our office were unable to access the system for a few days after the last update.

The highest complaint on everyone's list is the inability to SAVE changes. Once a change is made... IT IS MADE. The user cannot delete changes or elect not to save change. It is live all the time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore at least 3 other options and ask for on-site demonstrations. Don't lowest cost is not

When comparing MM to our old system, there are lots of positive things to say. We are much more efficient and the reports are much easier to use.

MicroMain CMMS review by Liz H.
Liz H.

"I use this product on a daily basis and it works perfectly for our needs."

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, organizing is very easy and can manipulate it in many ways.

What do you dislike?

When you want to open up a work order, the only way to do it is by clicking on the work order number. I would be nice if you could click anywhere on the row to open it.

Work is being completed and things are not being missed. All of our employees are able to put in a work order from anywhere in the building and it has cut down immensely on phone calls and they feel connected to facilities. We don't have to keep a calendar of maintenance that needs to be done, we just create a task and then forget about it.

MicroMain CMMS review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Using MicroMain in a Printed Circuit Board manufacturing facility for in house maintenanc and repair"

What do you like best?

The software has many different ways to work with it. It is adaptable to different facility types and uses. We now have the ability to track down time and repair cost all in one spread sheet for easy cost savings and bill back charges to our customers.

What do you dislike?

Reporting needs to be so it can be searched by the labor with allowing multiple labors divided into each search. We do over head and then customer reports and I'm have to change the excel spread sheets to make price reports in separate reports. It just makes it a little confusing coming time for presentations.

Our overhead cost have been tracked and changes for more cost effective ways have been found.

MicroMain CMMS review by James R.
James R.

"Maintenance Supervisor"

What do you like best?

The ease of changing the name of an Asset. It's not locked down. The ease of setting up my PM's. I really like the fact that you can "Clone" your Assets.

What do you dislike?

Any Pictures or documents that you add to the Assets have to be in a centralized place. The Reporting is hard to figure out. I would like to be able to setup KPI's easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend MicroMain CMMS.

I really enjoy setting up PM's. It's so easy.

MicroMain CMMS review by Scott C.
Scott C.

"We have been able to better organinze our work history with MicroMain"

What do you like best?

The mobile app. The new advanced reporting and dashboard report. I like the inspections for data. We use it for predictive data and calibrations of temperatures, speeds, and pressures.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that someone making a work request can't attach a picture. I also would like to be able to have mulitiple assets on a work order

Work history, Schedule. Parts used. Developing a bill of material for each asset

MicroMain CMMS review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"MicroMain in a Food Environment"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly just point and double click and it leads you to the next part. you can cut and paste on it and this saves me time adding parts and equipment.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the Purchase Order part of it do the same as Work Orders. i have to close each PO and then do another search.

We use this for everything in our department. Preventive Maintenance, Purchase Orders, Reports, Work Orders and such. I will be attending the Training in Toronto Ontario to see how much more of this Program I can utilize.

MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Micromain works well for our facilities."

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly and does a good job of tracking information on our areas and equipment. We have numerous buildings with several hundred apartments and it works well in all aspects.

What do you dislike?

Going between fields you need to click the mouse to type.

We track history of equipment and have lots of PM's that keep things running smoothly.

MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace
Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace

"I have used MicroMain for a period of 5 years."

What do you like best?

Ease of learning, I had no training and learned it from scratch.

What do you dislike?

You can't use special characters in describing the service work to be done.

Scheduling Preventive Maintenance work orders has been simplified. Audit history has helped us in many circumstances.

MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"I use MicroMain everday at work. It is our primary work order system.. "

What do you like best?

I like the reports I can download from MicroMain.

What do you dislike?

Scheduling Preventive Maintenance. Kind of tough,. Should be a bit easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The reporting and tracking on this system are great. Over 160 different type of reports you can get on this system. Also the assigning of work orders to specific users on tablets is great. No paper.

Trying to be more efficient with our work orders. This helps us improve our completion times on work orders.

MicroMain CMMS review by Ray M.
Ray M.

"Great CMMS program!"

What do you like best?

The purchase order portion which is the only thing I use for my purposes.

What do you dislike?

The searching function and the reports functions are hard to work.

Keeping track of my department expenses for my next budget.

MicroMain CMMS review by Executive Sponsor in Food Production
Executive Sponsor in Food Production

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

The PM Schedule is awesome and we really enjoy using it.

What do you dislike?

The client has an access database or something that needs to be updated

Keeping up with PM schedules

MicroMain CMMS review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"MicroMain Review"

What do you like best?

Asset Tracking is our most important component.

What do you dislike?

Scheduled tasks is a bit of trouble to manage.

PMs

MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Facilities Services
Administrator in Facilities Services

"i have used it at two colleges and it works well for facilities management"

What do you like best?

Work order system and phone/email support. always willing to help work out issues

What do you dislike?

There can be a learning curve trying to teach others not used to the system. takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

purchase the training

implementing a deferred maintenance plan that my university is excited about. Also, can keep track of per building costs

MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Very easy to work with"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for entry and setup. Scheduling is simple

What do you dislike?

Everything is fine at this point, just learning new terminology

Recommendations to others considering the product

This version is focused more on property management than TJC or state compliance

Scheduling work is better and finding efficiency in the department

MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Comprehensive system with some issues"

What do you like best?

Many integrated features with the ability to link among different locations

What do you dislike?

Customer service response with issues,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest the time required to input all of the data

Inventory control and maintenance work order system.

MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"Confusing, and not at all user friendly"

What do you like best?

Mobile work request. Mobile device accessible

What do you dislike?

No signature, no simple uploading prompt. No mobile app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support is horrible after the sale.

Asset management mobile dispatching

Learning about MicroMain CMMS?

* We monitor all MicroMain CMMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.