MicroMain CMMS

MicroMain Maintenance Software offers a CMMS with a local install one-time payment and SaaS/hosted monthly payments.

Work for MicroMain CMMS?

Learning about MicroMain CMMS?

MicroMain CMMS Reviews

Ask MicroMain CMMS a Question
Showing 22 MicroMain CMMS reviews
MicroMain CMMS review by <span>Elizabeth P.</span>
Elizabeth P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I have been using MicroMain for 5 years and have been able to make a significant impact in many areas of our facilities/university areas. We are now able to get to our reactive work orders same day and communicate with the requestors far more effectively that we could prior to launching the Work Request portion of the program. We can now monitor and assist our crew members more effectively utilizing the Mobile product. Our tie in with Parts and Preventative Maintenance has allowed us to control cost and waste. This is a must have.

What do you dislike?

With the newest update to the program I am hard pressed to name things I dislike. The product and the company meet and/or exceed all expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand your needs and in addition to working with MicroMain to get set up - speak with others in your field already successfully using the program,

Lower costs

Higher productivity

Better service to our customers

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MicroMain CMMS
MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

so many steps? maybe more training

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I do like that the employees can use this with their toughbooks and everything will interface. I think there are a lot of neat features that we have not discovered yet. We will look into further training.

What do you dislike?

The system is one in which you need to have extensive training. Also, when doing report or wanting to query information I should be able to build what I'm searching for, not be limited by what is already pre-set. This may be an issue with us not having had a full training session; and believe that we are planning on doing that. But at the same time I feel more of the system could be more intuitive so that each and every person does not need to have such in-depth training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To be able to build one's own reports without having to go through so many steps;

To be able to run the same reports for multiple properties and assets without having to do each one by one;

To be able to turn on or off things like "Auto Cost" so you don't have to click it every time you enter a cost.

To be able to build how you want your own work order to appear and include multiple things that you cannot show all in one report as of now.

we at this time haven't reached its fullest potential due to lack of knowledge, which will come with further training.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Trevoris Morgan of MicroMain CMMS

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughtful comments.

In the last year we have made significant improvements to provide better business analytics. Changes include improved filtering, customizable reports (build and save reports including the data sets you need), design the look and feel of reports, auto-schedule report runs, share reports with others, as well as new, improved, role-based dashboards.

And, as you mention, training can help you become a power-user in the shortage amount of time. We offer a variety of training options from self-help on our online support helpcenter to onsite training

Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager to discuss these topics. You can reach your Customer Success Manager via phone (1-888-888-1600) or at info@micromain.com.

If you have any questions after talking with your Customer Success Manager, please do not hesitate to email me at trevorism@micromain.com. I’ll get you the help you need.

What CMMS solution do you use?

MicroMain CMMS review by <span>Phillip M.</span>
Phillip M.
Validated Review

Great machinery and asset tracking software

Validated Review
What do you like best?

WebRequest allows our customers to submit requests without the need to call the office. The submitted requests are sent to a property e-mail and forwarded to a cell phone. Our staff carry the cell phone 16 hours a day so most requests are viewed immediately. Thus our customers have near immediate contact with Maintenance staff 16 hours a day.

I also like the information that is available to the staff working on the work order as we have entered relevant information such as circuit breaker source, belt size and specifications. This increases efficiency as they do not have to look up these items in plans or books. This is areal time saver.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup is a little daunting as there has to be a logical approach to how you wish to build the database. This is true with any CMMS software as you start with a blank slate. We built our database based on location that is done by architectural number on the plans. It took some time to get the hierarchy set up but it makes sense once all the staff got used to how to use the software.

The scheduling part of the software is still a work in progress. Maintenance is seldom exactly on schedule so trying to make our tasks fit perfectly with a prescheduled activity is like herding cats. It is just the nature of how we get things done. Our day is constantly rearranged throughout the day and try as we may we seldom get things done perfectly on schedule. This is why we really have not worked too hard to get preventative maintenance scheduling up and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has so many available features and applications that anyone that wants to organize and streamline their Building or Fleet maintenance will find what you are looking for. I have found this software intuitive and robust. I really like knowing how much time and parts we have used to repair any piece of equipment and having that information at my fingertips.

We now have a really good repair and equipment history. We have been using MicroMain since 2004. We can tract equipment repair history and see how much labor and parts cost have been spent on any asset.

WebRequest has been a life saver. Maintenance staff has been reduced over the years as we do not generate revenue. The less staff we have the more time out of the office everyone is. Our customers can submit a request and we will see it on our maintenance cell phone literally within seconds. We can read the general information and can react immediately if required.

MicroMain CMMS review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

Micro Main 4 out of 5

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the way it tracks inventory of parts, failure of parts and cost including labor when looking at asset history. It tracks history of every asset and gives you the sport needed when being audited by regulatory agencies.

What do you dislike?

Once a part is created in the system I'm you cannot change the part name. You need to put a lot of thought into how you name your parts before you create them in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training is a key. Give users plenty of time to "play" in the system before going live. Build your asset hierarchy before entering any assets in the system. If using in multiple locations and develop a naming convention to be used across all locations where Parts art concerned

The system makes it very easy to send an RFQ to multiple suppliers and compare prices within the system.

Once you have history on the equipment and parts use it is to become proactive and your maintenance becomes predictive.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Trevoris Morgan of MicroMain CMMS

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughtful comments.

I’ve reached out to John Conroy, our Vice President of Customer Care. He thinks he can help you with the Parts naming topic.

Please reach out to John at johnc@micromain.com or via phone (1-888-888-1600).

If you have any questions after discussing this with John, please do not hesitate to email me at trevorism@micromain.com. I'm happy to help.

MicroMain CMMS review by <span>Rick M.</span>
Rick M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is so hard to choose a feature that is the best. Perhaps the ability to create a rotating schedule of PM work orders which automatically generates and creates a work order for the staff is my favorite. It saves a ton of time by not having to manually issue 17 PM's each week.

What do you dislike?

GUI, GUI, and GUI. I understand that the platform has been built upon MS Access. However, in keeping up with the competition and modern times a more user friendly GUI that interacts and works well with tablets, phones, and mobile computing devices is essential.

Regular scheduled PM's are now managed by the software. On demand orders can be created by users anywhere in our facility. We are just starting to dive into inventory management.

MicroMain CMMS review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The easy of use. Micromain is easy to use in our manufacture.

What do you dislike?

It takes time to find the cause of the problem when an unexpected issue occurred.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have one issue about meter-based PMWO that the meter reading did not get saved to the PMWO and the reading date could not be modified. I already raised the issue to Micromain support but it has never been improved on their new version. I still look forward to see this change which will tremendously help us.

We had the problems on finding the right tool for CMMS as it is hard to find the software that fitted in our variety needs for shop floor, facility management, production maintenance, web-based work order request, real time data, etc. But Micromain can answer to all of those questions. It saved us time and cost after implementation.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Trevoris Morgan of MicroMain CMMS

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

We want all of our customers to be successful. I’ve reached out to John Conroy, our Vice President of Customer Care. He thinks he can help you with this topic.

Please reach out to John at johnc@micromain.com or via phone (1-888-888-1600).

Learning about MicroMain CMMS?

* We monitor all MicroMain CMMS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.