Microsoft Azure

Microsoft Public Cloud. Windows Azure enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. You can build applications using any operating system, language or tool. Global Datacenters up to 99.95%. Monthly SLA.

Work for Microsoft Azure?

Learning about Azure?

Microsoft Azure Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 157 Azure reviews
Azure review by <span>Chandan D.</span>
Chandan D.

"Azure - IaaS, PaaS, SaaS"

What do you like best?

Rich Graphical User Interface for administration.

Azure Functions and Workflow Automation are very helpful.

Web Job deployment and scheduling

Automatic alerts and notification mails

Azure provide the best in class platforms for Infrastructure, Platform and Services

Monitoring along with Logging and Reporting offer great capabilities to measure performance and enhance the experience.

Solutions deployed in Azure are easy to manage and update.

Azure Active Directory is very easy to administer and control permissions.

Applications enterprise are easy to create and share.

App Services and Storage accounts are very good at their capabilities.

Cloud platform provides back up and data protection all the time.

What do you dislike?

Subscription plans are expensive

Subscription plans do not offer enough capabilities.

Slowness in the platform causes delay in page load and consumes time.

Creating applications servers and other artefacts are time consuming and sometimes gets stuck.

performance needs to be improved.

better support for powershell and integrated command console.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloud based platform provides high availability and 0 down time of applications

Always available and easy to administration and management.

Easily integrate with other solutions.

Manage users and applications from a single window.

Cloud Servers and Virtual Servers can be easily created and maintained.

Create VPN and Public facing servers with ease

Create deploy and schedule web jobs very fast and with ease.

maintain users and sync with Active Directory for seamless integrations with other cloud apps.

Create app id and secrets and manage authorization and authentication for third party applications.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Azure
Azure review by <span>Ashok K.</span>
Ashok K.

"Azure | Cloud Services "

What do you like best?

Azure has the best portal among all cloud computing platforms. It is easy to use and one can deploy almost anything ranging from App Service to host websites to Kubernetes for deploying Containers in Docker. It allows us to focus on our backend logic rather than setting up our own infrastructure which has lots of additional costs too.

What do you dislike?

Being a large product, it has it's own share of bugs. I had a lot of trouble setting up the account initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it

We host different websites and use it for buying domains too. It's easy to host small websites and backend software on Azure rather than on local servers, as we also need to maintain it. It has lots of APIs too for automation that we can use for controlling our services.

What Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution do you use?

Azure review by <span>Jestin S.</span>
Jestin S.

"Simple UI and Awesome service with dashboard."

What do you like best?

As a full stack developer I like Load Balancing, NoSQL, VPN, Realtime Dashboard for monitoring, Webapps, Multiple programming language support, global server availabilit, Automated deployment, Security etc.

And azure for creating VM it's really easy and time saving.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my VM will not shutdown and it will use the resources. Sometimes issue happens we can't handle ourself and need to contact support multiple times for the fix.and Pay As You Go system is little tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Azure is much user friendly compare to AWS, and its dashboard is really helpful, UI is very simple and very less easy setup. It's very easy for beginners to start with azure. You can use their inbuilt web apps to quickly deploy your app to production. You won't regret for choosing azure, Just give a try.

I switched from self hosted service to cloud and it help me control load. In other words load balancing by azure is awesome. And every dependency for a project is under one platform.

Azure review by <span>Muhammad M.</span>
Muhammad M.

"The future for enterprise public cloud"

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of options available on Azure is amazing. You can obviously deploy various flavours of Windows, as you'd expect, but you can also install varieties of Linux, ready configured appliances from lots of vendors and use features for platform as a service.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is quite high, but once you get the concepts it's not too bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready for changes and always design high availability into your design. Remember, there is a 99.95% SLA, so your VMs could go down in the daytime and could affect your business if you haven't planned HA

I have used Azure to store backups for smaller companies as well as replicating DR for larger environments using third party replication tools.

Azure review by <span>Sterren F.</span>
Sterren F.

"Great place to start on your cloud journey"

What do you like best?

Microsoft have gone out of their way to simplify the process of creating and managing cloud assets in Azure. They do not push you down one particular way of doing things either; they let you do it your way. If you want to create or manage resources through the portal, the .NET API, PowerShell, REST, etc. it is up to you.

What do you dislike?

The blades in the Azure portal are a novel idea but they do get cumbersome at times. They are also a little buggy. If I want to delete a resource, I right click on it in the list, and a new blade pops up with the resource's properties. I need to scroll back to the previous blade and right click it again for the context menu to actually display. Very annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try doing some online training course - it will take you a long way to mastering it.

I used Azure to successfully move a processor-intensive desktop application to cloud VMs, allowing me to offload the work to the cloud. The Azure Batch API allows me to easily create a pool of cloud computing nodes, upload data and binaries, execute workflows and download the outputs.

Azure review by <span>Jeremy H.</span>
Jeremy H.

"Simple to use but powerful cloud service."

What do you like best?

The portal to manage the services is easy to use and constantly improving. The services have had very little downtime in the years that I've used it.

What do you dislike?

Tech support could be better especially for billing and account transfers. Had a hard time transferring the services from one work account to another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Microsoft shop already, this will be a pretty easy transition. There are lot's of tools to integrate with your internal servers if you need to and the help is pretty good for technical things.

I'm hosting a company website that is utilizing an Azure SQL database and file storage. It's easy to host all the services in Azure rather than on an internal company server. There is a lot less maintenance for me since I don't have to manage web server myself.

Azure review by <span>Maria G.</span>
Maria G.

"Exponential increase of servers."

What do you like best?

Microsoft Azure in particular is a platform to offer a server in the cloud, with the ability to support different data to place a web page, data for backup copies and even to store documents. It has some very good features, such as stability within the server, with no possibility of any interruption, and also, a perfect interface, very nice and organized to perform the task.

What do you dislike?

I would like this platform to improve prices, since it is unscrupulous that monthly prices greater than $ 500 are offered just for one server storage, I would like more accessible prices for all users, prices that are really worthwhile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really increases the security inside the servers, providing high quality servers and providing them.

Azure offers an impressive security when it comes to a server, and the speed with which it is possible to upload the files to the server cloud, is impressive, I hope to continue with that speed since it has been the main factor that has emerged.

Azure review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Backup copies to the palm of your hand."

What do you like best?

Microsoft Azure is representative with excellence in storage in the cloud, since it practically offers us a server where we can store any backup which can allow us to restore any file, or recover some deleted documents, also, Azure gives us the facility to incorporate much more with the servers, but with much more basic functions that can be learned to use in a matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

The difficulty with Azure, is that this platform is not available for other devices, only for PC, this at a certain point does not help the user so much, because it would be better to be able to access the server's cloud, to check any file wherever it is needed. I would, however, recommend that an App be included for other devices, it would be a better user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Increase the use of backup copies, with the ability to store them on a web server, for a better recommendation.

Microsoft Azure offers reliability when using the servers they provide, providing the user first with a very fast platform, which accelerates the process of constant storage.

Azure review by <span>Tiffany D.</span>
Tiffany D.

"Simple and secure solution for backing up."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and allows you to save the information in another site for a better backup, it is what I like the most because if there is a failure, the information is completely compatible. It can be accessed with any device you decide to use, including your cell phone. It allows me to give different levels of access to my co-workers to know who is doing and look at what, the infrastructure as a service allows you to free up time and resources up to that point destined to maintain your own infrastructure, to direct them to tasks of greater value for your business, among others.

What do you dislike?

What I like least about the product is that tech support could have been a little better with billing and account transfers. Was a little difficult transferring the services from one work account to another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The incremental backups are great and the system was easy enough to implement. recommended.

Having all of the servers in one spot in a very Microsoft friendly ecosystem has been fairly nice. There is nothing they don't offer yet that we have felt like we needed.

Azure review by <span>Dan O.</span>
Dan O.

"Easy connectivity to Office 365"

What do you like best?

I've used Microsoft Azure in a very limited capacity, I've used it to connect our software to the Office 365 Outlook calendars in order to support appointment booking, cancellation, modifications and calendar changes across multiple timezones.

What do you dislike?

Version control co-ordination with the latest Office 365 and the Office 365 API through Azure, they make changes to Office 365 which can have some interesting impacts on what the API does. The reselling policy they had with Telstra in Australia caused issues when logging in internationally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your use case, is AWS or Google's Cloud better? What should your technical stack look like longer term?

Works well when connecting to the Office 365 API, connectivity to Office 365 is free.

Azure review by <span>Nick S.</span>
Nick S.

"Expensive, but it will get the job done"

What do you like best?

You can go from nothing to having a SQL Server instance in less than 30 minutes. You can also expand or contract that instance as you wish thereby increasing performance or decreasing cost.

What do you dislike?

It does take a fair bit of effort to get started even if you only want to spin up a server. The pricing is confusing and the performance capabilities at each level do not make much sense. Changing performance levels is slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Azure is an excellent solution, but not the only one and certainly not the cheapest. Also consider Amazon AWS. I can say that Azure will simply "get it done".

I needed a database to manage 120 GB of data and needed flexibility to managed the performance of the server. Azure gave me exactly that and did it in less than 30 minutes. It simply eliminated a problem that I faced and allowed me to focus on analysis rather than data storage and processing.

Azure review by <span>Mauricio L.</span>
Mauricio L.

"Complete cloud solution for any your business is focused on."

What do you like best?

Nowaday when everything is based on cloud I feel very comfortable knowing I can continuing working with Microsoft products. Azure is the solution I found more focused on user experience. All my years working with Microsoft can continue improving with Azure.

What do you dislike?

First time I used Azure was when it was still in beta version. Although its dashboard and stability are very good now, they take more time than the average to achieve it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As most of the people should know, it's very important know the qualities and limitations Azure has. That's why I recommend deploy a beta platform for your own business. Microsoft has a lot of documentation and support channels that will guide you in the correct way to really learn how to work with Azure.

The first productive moving we did as in the company was related with migration to USA because most of our clients were complaining because the latency. Then Azure solution appears, working with Microsoft we were able to perform a clean migration of our main product, giving to our clients best connectivity.

Azure review by <span>Anthony G.</span>
Anthony G.

"Constantly Evolving Platform/ Unpredictable Cost"

What do you like best?

Without Question it's probably one of the most flexible platforms available today.

What do you dislike?

I can begin with cost... As a developer who mostly develops on the Microsoft stack it's not easy for me to be critical as I love Visual Studio and SQL Server... but one thing that Microsoft has kept in play is complicated licensing pricing. It is so complicated that you can ask two different Microsoft Certified licensing professionals the same question and receive two different answers.

Unfortunately Azure has picked up this HORRIBLE practice and made figuring out how much you actually are going to need to pay anyone's guess. Several times I've had to tell clients flat out that they would have to get the service for a couple months to get an idea of how much it costs... Who want's to do that? Horrible!

I am always for advancement... but another thing I highly dislike about Azure is the platform changes way too much way too fast! I've spent a lot of time and effort learning the platform only to have to relearn features again weeks later! I feel bad for the professionals who take the time to do online videos on the Azure platform because each and every video I've ever seen that covers a feature of Azure is quickly outdated... I've literally watched videos or followed online tutorials that are only a couple months old and couldn't follow along because the platform changed how it was done!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I know my review may have seemed like a negative one, but it's really not. The fact is that I am not a Network Administrator/ IT guy... I am a developer. Maybe for a network/ IT professional Azure may make more sense and not be such a steep learning curve. For me I found the 1 and 1 platform very simple... but I am sure it is not as robust as Azure... but it accomplishes everything I need to do and is much cheaper when it comes to hosting Virtual Machines. The pricing on 1 and 1 is very straight forward, best of all the support team is not out sourced so communication is better.

However for enterprise level deployments Azure would be the platform of choice I am sure.

I've had several clients host virtual domains and virtual machines in production work... but because of the cost and the complexity of the ever changing platform I have since migrated all of my customers to 1 and 1.

Azure review by <span>Viraj M.</span>
Viraj M.

"Azure the way a Cloud should be"

What do you like best?

I have no bad words for Azure. Compared to the AWS portal, Azure has all the information I need, all the services I need and since this is Microsoft's cloud, if I want to deploy anything "fancy" such as Active Directory domain controllers, SQL Servers etc. all of that is included with my compute platform. I also like the fact that Azure has dedicated GPU heavy servers which is often used for our VDI environments.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I really like how Azure works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When doing a major ELA with Microsoft make sure you include Azure. The price difference between non ELA and ELA is pretty significant and can definitely help in the longer run. In addition to the ELA conversation, try to put as much as the existing workload on Azure .. the more servers and services on Azure, the price overall becomes slightly cheaper.

We are specifically solving our SQL workloads and our DevOps problems. We have developers who need access to servers and test machines a lot quicker than what we can deploy in-house.

Azure review by <span>Maxim O.</span>
Maxim O.

"Good clowd solution"

What do you like best?

Fast and good deployment of virtual machines. Very rapidly growth of new services, that can deploy to my infrastructure in one-two clicks. Also I can easy duplicate infrastractures and change some settings for testing or backups. Also clearly to understand to what I spend money using automatic generate xls-spreadsheet. Also some times ago new administrate interface appears with many new features of easy Azure cloud administrate. There are some calculators of spending resources, and I can predict spending money in the future. There is nearly static ip-address for resolving name of machine, it was very useful in my projects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is not easy to understand, where tunings. For example, how change cores of virtual machine. Or how to change root or admin password. Some actions only can be done with console (putty or windows console). Also if I want to deep analysis my spendings, then I must do my own filters in the Excel, there are no default filters or smart deep views of spending money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firstly test all opportunites of services, and get experience in "what I can do now and what tunings works well". And then use XLS spreadsheet to calculate spending of money of your services. It can be downloaded directly from Azure. Then do intelligent decisions - what useful for that amount of money.

Testing several sites and services. Use cloud database and cloud file datastores for accessing files from any location. For example, we tune VPN tunnels in the fast linux infrastracture.

Azure review by <span>Simon H.</span>
Simon H.

"Reliable but ever changing and can be difficult to master"

What do you like best?

Automated deployments and multiple deployment slots (staging, test, etc). Across multiple deployment slots you can select which branch should be deployed from your linked repository (we are using GitHub).

Our production server was not deployed to directly, but was swapped with the staging slot after testing of a new release was completed. This meant zero downtime, which is great for our users.

What do you dislike?

The user interface changes on what seems like a weekly basis, and it is slow in anything but Microsoft Edge. Improving performance across all modern browsers would be appreciated.

The designers at Microsoft seem to like moving items to different parts of the interface, which makes it confusing when you're trying to find something. They have been also known to change the name of things without telling you, so some items can disappear entirely until you figure out their new naming scheme.

Server reliability and ease of deployment are the key metrics for us. We are a small team and everyone wears many hats, so being able to deploy a suite of applications in one place with little effort is great.

Azure review by <span>Calvin Loan X.</span>
Calvin Loan X.

"Hadoop Hive on Azure!"

What do you like best?

Azure has a tremendous selection of built-in deployment tool for virtual machines and servers in the cloud. The marketplace is divided into Compute, Networking, Storage, Web+Mobile, Databases, Intelligence/Analytics, IoE, Security, etc. For the sake of my project, Hadoop Hortonworks came standardized. Little setup and configuration is needed on the user side, other than choosing the amount of cpu/nodes you required and what the purposes of the VM will be. Customization can be done during the initial setup or after it's completed (for instance specifying an static IP address).

What do you dislike?

There were times that terminating (shutting down) a virtual machines did not succeed properly. In which case, the VM would still run in the background and you will continuously billed for the time that your server is running. I learned this the hard way and I would wait on the browser screen until the termination of the server is complete and then shut off the browser window.

I used an academic version of Microsoft Azure in conjunction with Hadoop Hortonworks to run an ETL Datawarehouse with an Tableau desktop application to visualize the data inputs for NYC high school graduation rates and SAT test scores. Ease of usage, relatively low maintenance cost and the ability to share the work space in a collaborative setting were excellent benefits.

Azure review by <span>Hernán P.</span>
Hernán P.

"Azure works like a charm with Office 365"

What do you like best?

The main features of Azure are full integration with Microsoft products. When you have the need to create a workload in the cloud to integrate with Microsoft technologies it is really intuitive and transparent manner.

In our case we implement Azure along with Office 365 in a hybrid environment. Our Active Directory server is hosted in our data center and through AD FS Azure is replicated for the complete management of SSO in the cloud with our external users.

Azure itself is a secure and robust platform that can scale internal infrastructure to the cloud gradually and easily.

What do you dislike?

Among the things I do not like much of Azure is the web interface of the platform. The idea of having windows that scroll left and new will show on the right is somewhat confusing, it does not allow an order of what is being done.

Also it improves the way networks are managed, would make it more simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Azure for testing workloads in the cloud that want high budgets. This type of platform can save a lot of money in-house implementations.

It also has highly optimized services and fully integrated with the Microsoft platform with the advantages that implies.

As I said, the implementation of Azure along with Office 365 in a hybrid environment was an idel solution.

It also allows us to transport the cloud processes that otherwise would require large budgets to be housed in our main data center.

Azure review by <span>Aaron A.</span>
Aaron A.

"Virtual servers and DC"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Azure offers a robust and approachable platform to manage any task you could wish to accomplish. The ability to build and deploy servers at multiple locations around the country with the click of a mouse is invaluable. Linking virtual networks between locations is super easy as well.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft has yet to make the "New" portal fully functional yet, so there are still some things that must be done in the old especially if your environment was set up there to begin with. Also, setting multiple VPN connections to all connect to one VNet requires the download and upload of the text config for the VNet. This leaves a lot of room for error and problems to develop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The big decision is whether to go with AWS or Azure. Azure is far more user friendly and much more flexible than AWS. Azure has recently allowed the setup and creation of Linux servers in their cloud, which has made most arguments against Azure moot.

We have been able to move all of our premise-based servers to the Azure cloud along with our SQL DB functionality. Launching a DC in the cloud gave us the ability to eliminate all of our domain controllers on site and hook everyone to the DC in the cloud.

Azure review by <span>Tomas V.</span>
Tomas V.

"Best cloud platform not only for developers"

What do you like best?

Fast, all in one place - from virtual machines, networks, disk storages, mobile APIs, databases.. everything one click away to create and run. You can easily choose size of VM, any DB or just deploy preconfigured image of software you need to run. Need scaling? Not a problem at all. Data replication on other continent? No problem. VPN service, networks? Not problem. There is nothing that can be done on Azure. I seriously felt in love with it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the price is what you feel you don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford it, it's definitely my recommendation. Azure portal is great place to manage everything, all in one place. Service is reliable, fast and easy to learn.

From testing products and scaling them, to real production scenarios.

Azure review by <span>Tran P.</span>
Tran P.

"Pretty powerful yet tricky and fragile"

What do you like best?

- Virtual network allows to separate different managed network zones

- A build in load balancer to help improve high availability

- VPN gateway and local gateway concepts help to run hybrid on-prem and on cloud environments

- NAT settings on the load balancers help to predefine NAT rules without depending on the existing actual virtual machines

What do you dislike?

- The most: the lack of an interactive virtual machine consoles. So in case you misconfigured the virtual machine network settings, you would lose the entire access to the virtual machine and have to fire the whole process of re-provisioning the virtual machine

- The VPN Gateway does not allow to access inter-VNET across regions, so if you have such an environment you have to setup multiple VPN connections to individual VNETs

- It it quite costly comparing to other cloud platforms

- Lack of flexibility of VM configuration: you have to select from a limited set of computing resources

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really tricky to architect, implement and manage

- Dynamic project evolution

- Simple backup solution

Azure review by <span>Gema Aji W.</span>
Gema Aji W.

"Cloud of the future for developers."

What do you like best?

Impressive application deployment capability, global server availability, git support, web apps, multiple programming language support, easy to use with Visual Studio, comprehensive application analytic.

What do you dislike?

Azure portal is clunky and need a lot of improvement, MySQL deployment where In-App is available but still in beta and sometimes unexpectedly slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free plan first, azure provides a lot of option for application development for new cloud users or even experienced developer.

I use azure for open-source software deployment and testing, with azure deployment from git to server much more easier and even their analytic tool provides comprehensive information for developers to analyze and improve their software.

Azure review by <span>Jerry P.</span>
Jerry P.

"Enterprise class global hosting"

What do you like best?

Azure enables you to create enterprise class infrastructure and application (web and mobile) deployments in the cloud within minutes.

The elastic scaling is also a really cool feature so your platform can respond to demand by spinning up new VMs as needed.

What do you dislike?

The management interface can be a bit clunky, and the support could be improved but on balance it's still a fantastic platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If Windows is your development platform, then this is probably the most logical choice. Some people question security of cloud platforms, but ask yourself this, can your organization really attract and retain as many of the world's leading security experts to harden, monitor and improve security as Microsoft? It's a pretty tall order.

When looking at costs also compare replacing obsolete hardware, updates and upgrades, not to mention multiple deployments and zero down-time.

I have used Azure for years as a way of hosting web applications on world-class infrastructure.

Compared with on-premise, Azure delivers almost instant scale and deployment, elastic scale at a reasonable cost.

Azure review by <span>Julian M.</span>
Julian M.

"Im loving the new Portal. So easy to create your infrastructure"

What do you like best?

So easy to manage and very user friendly when creating new infrastructure.

For example new Virtual machines, Virtual networks, VPN tunnels, If you have an MSDN account your entitled to 150dl / monthly credit. to play around

What do you dislike?

Pricing can be a bit challenging but with time you will get use to it. Theres not much documentation out there at this time but sooner rather than later, will start seeing more and more forums

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create an account and play around for a bit, so you can get your hands dirty with their free credits.

Azure is the way to go . saves so much money

taking advantage of the new SQL 2016 and its capabilities of encryption.

Azure review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Azure; or, the great big Cloud in the Sky"

What do you like best?

It's 100% always available, even if components and services occasionally fail when they're needed. Security functionality is top-notch, and allows complete administrative control over all variables including authentication and content. Setting the whole thing up was also pretty easy: everything moved on up from the original Exchange server more or less flawlessly.

What do you dislike?

Unless you have a specific business purpose for it that Microsoft has already anticipated, it's not terribly flexible for the starting user. Nor is it particularly open to learning on the go: without an experienced user, you're essentially dead in the water when you start using this thing unless you know someone who can teach you to do what you need to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check and see what you genuinely need. Shop around too. There are sure to be dozens of competing products (not the least of which is AWS) that may be able to provide whatever you need without hitting Microsoft's price point.

Using O365 for email access for independent agents associated with my company. Also occasionally for OneDrive, but people generally prefer to use their private Microsoft accounts for that (lots of agents are constantly joining and leaving this company, so they prefer to be able to maintain control of their data)

Azure review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"We use Microsoft Azure to host our web apps"

What do you like best?

The amount of services that Azure offers is excellent. If there's something that we want to do, Azure has a solution for it. All stored in the cloud so we don't have to manage our own servers. Super easy to set up a new service and test it out. The pricing is pay as you go and very affordable. Oftentimes there is a free version of the service.

What do you dislike?

With the amount of services they offer, occasionally something new will come out that will somewhat overlap with what an older service does, and it can be difficult to figure out which one to use. Rarely the documentation suffers because of the same reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Microsoft Azure. It's easy and has basically everything you could need (even for non .NET developers. They support PHP and Node). The documentation for first time users is excellent and easy to follow. If doing mobile development with Xamarin, consider using Azure to host your mobile app service. There are many integrations that work pretty much right out of the box and take away much of the heavy lifting.

We are a startup working on an "Uber-like" model for healthcare professionals called Tempng. Being a startup means we don't have large amounts of funds. Azure pricing helps with this. We also want to be able to develop quickly and easily, without worrying about managing servers.

With Azure we can host not only our web apps, but have access to all the other features that they provide: Azure SQL DB, Azure Web Jobs, plugins such as SendGrid for sending emails, Application Insights for monitoring,

Azure review by <span>Ben L.</span>
Ben L.

"The main cloud provider for our web services, and the only choice we could have made"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of using Azure, it makes rolling out new servers or cloud services simple.

What do you dislike?

The costs, but they are competitive so we can't complain too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check all the costs before you start, and make sure you have your architecture planned before trying to set it up - the beauty is that you can set up test architectures and remove them as part of that planing.

We run a b2b SaaS application from the cloud, the main servers and UAT servers are all on Azure, as is the database (using Azure SQL). We have never had any downtime problems from Azure, and the cost is low enough that we can stay competitive.

Azure review by <span>Mitch T.</span>
Mitch T.

"Azure - Great for Linux "

What do you like best?

The ability to create templates for deploying different services, combined with the flexibility of using powershell and the Azure CLI makes continuous integration easier.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes new features that are in public preview can be somewhat temperamental. These features can change too, so investing dev time in a great feature months later can result in the need to rework some things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time learning how to write templates from scratch. Simply copying the generated templates and hoping they will be reusable is a bad idea. There is lots of documentation on the template system.

We are migrating a legacy Linux system that is tied to a VMware legacy machine in our office into “the cloud”

Azure review by <span>Vlad D.</span>
Vlad D.

"The most advanced cloud platform"

What do you like best?

A lot of services available for users. You can create everithing from Virtual Machines to Serverless functions in several clicks. Readable documentation, good powershell module.

What do you dislike?

UI is not very fast, so you`d better use Powershell. Support is a bit slow, sometimes you able to find silution by yourself while they are thinking on your question

We moved our program products from legacy hardware in datacenter to cloud, Now we don`t need to care about outdated hardware.

Azure review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Microsoft Azure in the Cloud"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage virtual servers in the cloud is the best part for us. We can also replicated our critical services there to have on stand by in case we have a critical outage on site. It is nice to know we have those for fail over purposes. If we were to have a disaster such as a long term outage or our data center gets taken out by a storm or other disaster, we can be back up and running quickly on their off site cloud infrastructure. We can also keep things synced with our software we use to make sure the Azure virtual server are up to date to a reasonable point in time so as not to have a significant difference in our data on our on site servers.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit confusing to navigate until you figure out where things are located. And since we are a vmware shop, we have to do some learning about Hyper-V although as I understand it, they have a solution where they can manage it at Microsoft with little interaction on the customers side,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the 30-day free trial. Watch some online videos to learn and read some how to documents. We followed along with the videos and tested those things in the trial version. YouTube has a lot of good tutorials as does other sites.

Disaster Recovery via replicating our servers to the cloud. Sync of Active Directory. Dir Sync to sync user accounts over to Office 365. Allowing our Office 365 users to have a self service self password reset solution. We operate a mixed environment. Exchange in house for employees and Office 365 for our students as we are a university user.

Azure review by <span>Michelangelo v.</span>
Michelangelo v.

"From code to cloud in warp speed"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Azure is one of the few cloud solutions that offer a platform as a service (PaaS), giving a lot of advantages for Rappid Application Development (RAD) and deploying a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) applicatioin to the cloud.

With their Software Development Kit (SDK) it's easy to develop a true cloud oriented application and the option to deploy from a Source Control Management (SCM) makes it a breeze to have your code live. In my experience it takes roughly 30 minutes from signup to full deployment, including blob storage, queues, Content Delivery Network (CDN) and search.

By now Microsoft Azure offers a rich suite of online services to facilitate all your application requirements and if it's not provided directly by Microsoft Azure, there are plenty of 3rd-party services you can integrate seemlessly into your application architecture.

What do you dislike?

It's hard not to like Microsoft Azure as they have created one of their best products ever with their cloud offering. The one thing I find a bit confusing is the new portal to manage your cloud applications as it uses shifting blades which confuses me a lot and doesn't always work. But the old management portal is still around to do the heavy lifting and the SDK to fine tune what's needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you're already using other cloud solutions, give Microsoft Azure a spin. Use their Azure Web Apps to quickly deploy your web applications to the cloud. You won't regret it.

We're a small business where time is a luxury commodity and deploying applications to the cloud should take away the burdon of maintaining your own servers. With Microsoft Azure's PaaS offering, we only need to focus on our applications knowing Microsoft takes care of the infrastructure and platforms running our applications. This is a huge time-saver!

Also when we're building a Proof of Concept (PoC), we deploy it to Microsoft Azure to show-case it to our clients as it is that easy. Just hook your Microsoft Azure account to your repository on GitHub or Bitbucket and go! Your code is live in less than 30 minutes.

Azure review by <span>Jaidev B.</span>
Jaidev B.

"Good overall experience with Azure"

What do you like best?

Azure is easy to setup, deploy, and manage. If you want to get up to speed quickly, especially for Sharepoint, Azure is the way to go. Setting up a web app is straightforward and it supports multiple technologies - java, .net, php. And they support wordpress which makes getting up and running even easier.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way the transition from free to pay-as-you-go is handled. I've had to call support multiple times to resolve issues related to going from the trial or free to pay-as-you go. Documentation should be better. And the ability to create virtual private networks after setting up servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're building on a MS platform then Azure is a great choice. On thing to keep in mind - make sure the networking infrastructe is architected and built before building any VMs. Its impossible to add VMs to a virtual network after the VMs have been created.

I am working on a healthcare startup and Azure allowed us to get off the ground quickly and build on a solid platform. We were very happy with the results.

Azure review by <span>Brad M.</span>
Brad M.

"Powerful, versatile and much nicer to use than the competition"

What do you like best?

The growing variety of services offered and the power of the platform in general. The bulk of Azure services feel incredibly stabile and capable. Scaling resources during peak usage times is a breeze, can be configured to scale according to incoming traffic automatically (!) and tons of other awesome features are available. Has its own CLI so many of these features can be scripted and even has powershell integration (do this at your own risk)!

What do you dislike?

It's hard to give specific critiques for such a broad range of services, but the nature of any distributed cloud service that shares resources between many users is that many features must be limited and governed to avoid one user from hogging (for example, with a runaway SQL query) resources. The consequence of this is many common services have less available features (again, for example SQL Azure lacks access to the master table, "contains" searches, and many other functions). Overall though, almost all of these issues have built-in workarounds in Azure making these issues more annoyances than serious problems. Our sysadmin has had quite a few issues with AD and mail migration from our on premises systems, but that may be his fault ;-)

Also, pricing models are kind of smoke and mirrors, but we haven't been ripped off so it hasn't really been an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you know what your needs and capabilities are before jumping full on into a cloud service. Configuration and migration isn't always as easy as it seems at first.

VM hosting, web apps, source control, hosted SQL server databases, experimentation with new (to me at least) technologies (data lakes, machine learning, etc), automation, removes the need for hardware maintenance.

Azure review by <span>Roman U.</span>
Roman U.

"Good cloud platform service. Worth it for the functionality, not so sure about price."

What do you like best?

Few clicks and servers are ready in a few minutes. Cost effective, don't have to manage monitoring as you will get the alert as per your requirements.Never have any performance issues, boosts the performance as per your needs

What do you dislike?

The on-premise backup and restoration. Disk encryption for critical apps/data. Cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Manual setup is tedious but once spun up, environments are stable.

Tip: Once you've finished manually setting up the environment, document the process and script the environment. You'll be happy you did.

Our organization is working on a hybrid solution to allow us to remove in-office, legacy hardware and software solutions, out of our office.

Azure review by <span>Thimo B.</span>
Thimo B.

"Moved from on premise to the Azure cloud"

What do you like best?

We started having our own servers in our datacenters a few years ago. We had several challenges, e.g. security and scaling. We now have 100% of our services running in the cloud and all these problems are gone. Especially Azure makes it easy to integrate high-end services like machine learning in any platform and this really helped us make our products better.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes complicated to find the service you want to use in the large amount of services offered by Azure. And the switch from Microsoft Account to Corporate Accounts has not worked very well, so we have to switch accounts more often as it might be necessary.

We started switching from self-hosted services to cloud-hosted services. Now we use much more services offered.

Azure review by <span>Karl G.</span>
Karl G.

"Azure"

What do you like best?

The azure platform has so many features, which you only pay for when you use it. Microsoft is constantly evolving this wonderful product, bringing you the latest features and functionality, without you having to do anything. The auto scaling of websites is awesome.

What do you dislike?

The portal is flaky, especially when you have an item pinned to it. They do not update!

It can be hard to find some items, especially if you have not used the portal for a while. Item name changes happen and they can be moved to other locations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic platform, regularly updated.

Great for scaling applications and only paying for what you need.

Azure review by <span>Sotiris R.</span>
Sotiris R.

"Ideal for Webapps, Databases & VMs"

What do you like best?

WebApps: easy to deploy, easy to test with deployment slots, great performance even for basic plans.

SQL Databases: easy management, one click scale up, database tuning advisor

VM: ready images, single click deploy, addons

What do you dislike?

It is a little bit expensive for small sites. There is no Eastern/North Europe datacenter which introduces a small delay.

Easily Deploy Web Sites, no worries about backups, no worries about physical destroy, on demand resources, free MSDN resources to consume for testing every month.

Azure review by <span>Mohit S.</span>
Mohit S.

"Great for Cloud solution for enterprises "

What do you like best?

Windows compatibility. Linux and container compatibility. Good front-end management interface. Hosting a website is simple. Ingratiating into Visual studio is a piece of cake, and deploy with a single click.

What do you dislike?

Need to rely on Microsoft support if something goes wrong, for trouble shooting. High cost for personal use.

Hosting websites, database in the cloud for better connectivity and less server overhead.

Azure review by <span>Marwan T.</span>
Marwan T.

"Building solutions on Azure"

What do you like best?

the variety of services that exist in a single platform like Azure. you can build a well-rounded solution that includes different workloads and services using Azure.

Microsoft is investing heavily in the platform security and this makes the clients conversations easier

What do you dislike?

some services are released pre-mature which causes a lot of confusions and frustrations

Recommendations to others considering the product

I usually recommend to clients to test their assumptions on a value of a solution before going ahead with a full project. Azure is the best platform to test ideas and take to production if successful

the main business problem that I address through Azure is the speed to release a new solution and go-to-market. Azure helps on quickly testing new ideas and demonstrate values without heavily investing in a platform. In addition, Azure provide a variety of services ready to use in no time

Azure review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Utilizing Microsoft Azure for Mobile"

What do you like best?

I love how easy they make it to integrate Azure back end into my mobile applications. I can easily wire in my DB access to have offline capability in just a few lines of code

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface can be difficult to navigate. I find myself going in circles to find the correct blade for the information I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product

We are using Azure as a back end for our mobile solutions. This allows us to start with a very low cost solution and scale up only when our traffic does

Azure review by <span>Lester E.</span>
Lester E.

"Great experience so far, not the cheapest cloud service, but I sleep more peacefully"

What do you like best?

Uptime has been great so far. So many different services offered. Moving SQL Server and IIS servers to Azure was absolutely pain-free.

What do you dislike?

The cost of moving our report server (SQL Reporting services) to Azure cloud was much more costly than expected. My report server on Azure cost me more per month than the application it supports.

The cost of the Azure monthly is much less than the services we hosted on-site and purchased online.

Azure review by <span>WEIXU Z.</span>
WEIXU Z.

"Review for Microsoft Azure"

What do you like best?

nice user interface, $150 free trail every month, fast virtual machines from lots of locations

In addition, I can bring down the virtual machines when I did not use them which will save me time and money.

What do you dislike?

1. azure did not support ICMP ping from outside, this limits some of the feature.(for example, when I want to keep checking if this server is alive, I need to do a TCP ping)

2. not enough documents. I think Azure does not have enough documents describing the architecture, the APIs etc. I thinks it is not developer friendly.

We use the Azure cloud to deploy our products and our components showing to customers. In addition, we also demo our product in Azure, it is very useful

Azure review by <span>Jonathan G.</span>
Jonathan G.

"Good cloud platform, but still Microsoft"

What do you like best?

It seemed easy enough to spin up some virtual machines

What do you dislike?

However, there's a steep learning curve where you need to learn Resource Groups etc. Also, there are a lot of dependencies and not any product is necessarily complete by itself

Recommendations to others considering the product

Of the cloud platforms out there I would recommend AWS first, then Google, then maybe Rackspace, and last maybe Microsoft - but only if you're already married to Microsoft and you can't get out . ; )

We are using Azure to spread out our infrastructure for security purposes - not all of our eggs in one basket if you will.

Azure review by <span>Stephane B.</span>
Stephane B.

"I used Azure to launch two technology nonprofits as part of Microsoft Bizspark Startup Program."

What do you like best?

Rapid release of new features as previews with an intelligent collection of user feedback and continuous integration combining Microsoft enterprise software offering, third party enterprise software and services, and independant open source technologies.

What do you dislike?

The platform is somewhat of a moving target with overlapping legacy and new preview portal, along with two distinct architecture has been challenging at time. Issues with bugs which are inherent to the new lean methodologies that make Azure a great cutting edge platform have also been a bit of a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need to embrace Microsoft as a startup like lean engineering company backed by a solid enterprise offering. You might have to give up on the safety usually brought by giants such as Microsoft, integrate the community features and methodologies into your development workflow, and be prepared to be somewhat pioneering cutting edge solution that might be rough on the edge. The payoff is the opportunity to deploy hybrid solutions bringing the best of Microsoft on-premises enterprise technologies, vertical solutions offered by a rich partners ecosystem, and forward oriented technologies brought from the open source world.

I use Azure for two startups enrolled into the Microsoft Bizspark Startup program. I was able to deploy web applications, define a complex architecture, leverage cutting-edge machine learning and combine the flexibility of Platform as a Service with power of Infrastructure as a Service in a managed environment, accomplishing advanced deployment all by myself.

Azure review by <span>Parth S.</span>
Parth S.

"I have used as a part of my academic project"

What do you like best?

Lift-and-shift"

So you can move your application in azure very easily.

Per-use pricing:

As with other cloud services, Windows Azure charges the subscriber on per use basis. What this means is that if your application needs only two instances in the beginning, you will only pay for these two instances. At the moment your application starts needing four instances for example, you will start getting charged for those extra instances. This pricing model makes Windows Azure a great platform for applications that occasionally need a lot more resources than normal. It completely eliminates the need to purchase expensive hardware and software for building your applications.

What do you dislike?

Only windows centric applications are supported by Microsoft for technical assistance; hence it could be tedious task to determine where exactly the fault is on a open source application running though windows Azure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally recommended Microsoft Azure as a part of cloud service.

I have used for my academic project. So it's just intent to learn.

Benefits are : Only needed to deploy the application and rest all is Microsoft managed, hassle free environment, no need to worry about your windows patching and updates, server running out of space, technical troubleshooting and maintenance cost, time saved in building up the servers, hardware non utilization has been eliminated.

Azure review by <span>Denis G.</span>
Denis G.

"Microsoft Azure - Developer's View"

What do you like best?

The Azure development framework is very solid. There is plenty of training materials online with examples that cover all basic scenarios. All solutions are build with scaling in mind and MSDN covers this topic in detail.

Azure provides a range of services, like VMs, SSaS, Machine Learning, Active Directory, etc. Microsoft constantly releases updates to all the services, so the tool set will get even richer with time. There are regular web casts conducted by Microsoft every week covering old and new Azure features. A lot of attention is dedicated to business cases review and discussion.

I can see Azure very useful for companies that require solid infrastructure, that scales with the business, and without a need of ever-expanding IT department dedicated to its support. With Geo Redundancy, the infrastructure and data are much safer that in a common On Prem scenario.

What do you dislike?

I had used Azure for educational purposes so far and could not find any specific downsides of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Azure is a solid contender in the Cloud world and should definitely be considered.

Educational project.

Azure review by <span>Prab T.</span>
Prab T.

"Azure Services"

What do you like best?

Whats great about Azure is its ecosystem. Microsoft Azure integrates seamlessly with existing Microsoft Infrastructure and cloud services. This is a big plus for the enterprises since a lot of big enterprises are still testing the waters with the move to cloud and are trying a hybrid approach for now in which they have some systems on premise and some on cloud. There are some advantages with Azure over AWS like moving storage on the fly and a existing massive online community to to support the Microsoft product line. Azure has a huge powershell repository which helps with automation.

The Azure Stack(WAP replacement) is also coming which will allow companies to get full features of Azure but in an on premise environment. Great move by Microsoft to gain traction for the cloud in the enterprise environment.

What do you dislike?

As with any cloud platform there are few limitations but Microsoft is listening to feedback and fixing them. The new preview portal is sluggish but it is covering a lot of gaps Microsoft had in the old portal.

Another factor is the cost of the Azure services compared to AWS. This could be a show stopper for some organisations but the value offered by Azure is better than AWS in the long term.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Azure is great suite of Services offered by Microsoft which is evolving at a great pace. The cost will come down as the time passes. Its a great product for enterprises who are looking to DR solutions, and hosting their servers on the cloud or have a solid Microsoft on premise ecosystem and would like to integrate additional automation and self service(Azure Stack) capabilities in their environment.

The main driver for the Microsoft Azure is its integration with MS environment like Office365 and on premise DR scenarios. I have done projects for Azure AD integration with onpremise and Office365. SSO capabilities. Self Service Password Resets and integration with existing System Center Products and drive automation in the enterprises. You can also use it for hosting all kinds of servers and even websites.

Azure review by <span>Bruce G.</span>
Bruce G.

"Fantastic - ease of use and development"

What do you like best?

Integration with Visual Studio. When doing development having the tools work with you and not against you is a huge plus. With Azure and Visual Studio you can build, deploy and debug in one place and it works.

What do you dislike?

Pricing Model - Half the time I can't predict what something is going to cost. It reminds of cell phone plans, and trying to figure those out is just as hard!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're running Visual Studio I don't know of anything better for end to end development. And as Microsoft includes more open source development options I see things getting better in that direction.

Where to start - first off, not having to manage servers is a huge benefit to myself, my company and my clients. Microsoft keeps the servers up to date and I don't have to spend resources on doing service patches, hot fixes or anything else like that. Also since Azure is in such high use a problem that's found by one program, when fixed, benefits all the Azure users.

Azure review by <span>HARDIK C.</span>
HARDIK C.

"Microsoft Azure: Bliss in disguise."

What do you like best?

Microsoft Azure, formerly Windows Azure, is Redmond's cloud computing platform. In addition to its name change, the service has also recently expanded. Essentially, whatever you can do with traditional, on-premise Microsoft software—run SharePoint, manage SQL databases, deploy Active Directory—you can do within Azure. With its new capabilities Azure offers easier creation of hybrid clouds and more robust disaster recovery options for businesses.

Azure is a polished, complex service, yet it's one that's also very easy to get up and running for those who have worked with Windows systems. In fact, it's Azure's general ease of use and excellent wizard-driven setup that cause it to stand out among the competition as our Editors' Choice for small business cloud services. Rackspace in particular trails Microsoft in this regard, relying on the user to search for solutions among text-based FAQs and knowledgebase entries. Furthermore, Azure delivers superb performance, better than either Rackspace or Amazon EC2. Azure may cost more than the competition, but you get your money's worth with the polished interface, peppy performance, and close integration with Microsoft's other services.

What do you dislike?

Expensive. Hosted server prices do not include any storage.We were impressed with Microsoft’s entrance into the PaaS market; Windows Azure is a great product on an impressive infrastructure. While you may end up needing a workaround to use your preferred language on Azure’s platform, the community around the platform and the Azure support team will have you up and running in no time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft does a great job of supporting Windows Azure. It’s overcome the common PaaS ailment of lacking immediate support by offering email and phone support for paying subscribers. It still comes at an additional cost, however, with support packages being offered in tandem with hosting plans.

The written documentation and tutorials for Windows Azure are fantastic and very in-depth. We had little trouble following the written instructions to get our own application up and running. The questions we did have were relatively minor and were quickly answered by an appeal to the Windows Azure community

I am running a Cloud plaform and using Azure's Software as a service packaage which is really beneficial to me in roder to get my customer rolled on to my cloud platform and i use the Infrastructure-as-a-service module as well to get them the best infrastructure from microsoft.

Azure review by <span>Douglas L.</span>
Douglas L.

"Microsoft Hobbyist"

What do you like best?

As an individual, their low-end costs are still somewhat affordable for a basic web server with ms sql. Even upgraded to the first paid tier, I pay less than GoDaddy's MS web host. It integrates with Visual Studio sufficiently for me. Although there are a lot of options, figuring out the basics in the portal was not bad. On top of that, I still have the ability to scale up and generate new environments. I have not spun up a virtual machine but will likely check it out in the future.

What do you dislike?

Although not a deal breaker, the one thing that I dislike the most is integration with MS SQL Server in Azure in that it does not integration with SQL Management Studio, but it does integrate with Visual Studio but is much slower. Overall, it is workable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are low-cost where some of the services are free to test out some features like integration and proof-of-concept yet still easy to scale up without much hassle. I was able to upgrade from free web server to the first tier with no configuration changes.

Boredom. I used to host my own web server but it became more of a hassle to maintain, especially now that I have invested more of my money towards laptops instead of a desktops. With the cloud, I am also able to use MS source control so that I won't lose any old projects.

Azure review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Azure Multi-factor Authentication Service is fast to deploy and inexpensive for limited deployment"

What do you like best?

Simple, fast deployment. In my case I was able to install on two servers for redundancy, import desired users from AD, and point my VPN servers at it. The built-in radius server works fine. I've used it for a couple of years now and it's been a reliable service.

Pricing is great for a small number of users.

Phone based authentication adds about 20 seconds to login time, but for occasional remote access that hasn't been a problem. Our users typically login remotely no more than once per day, and they've had no complaints about the additional login step.

What do you dislike?

For a large number of users it's probably better to find a solution with a cheaper price per-user. Users needing to login many times per day can be annoyed by the requirement to interact with this service every time they login. For example, using SMS authentication requires that you copy the unique key you received into a response SMS message. If your phone requires a PIN to reply you will first have to enter that, followed by the response message. It's fine for occasional use, but a worker needing to authenticate multiple times a day may become annoyed. In that case it would make more sense to use certs or something else that identifies them without requiring their participation. But for our use, a handful of users needing remote access it's been a real timesaver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has been a stable solution for us. Within our limited use case it's been a great success. If the TCO is favorable I would recommend using Microsoft Azure for multi-factor authentication.

Multi-factor authentication for remote access services. For our limited number of users we have received the additional security of multi-factor authentication with a minimal amount of hassle and very little cost.

Azure review by <span>Tirthankar C.</span>
Tirthankar C.

"Azure Management should be user friendly"

What do you like best?

Provisioning of Virtual Machine deployment

Configuring and maintaining the endpoints

Ability to create load balancing sets

Dynamically allocating resources like memory and dashboard for monitoring the health.

Creation of Content Delivery network

What do you dislike?

Configuring endpoints and Storage blob, etc. is little difficult, I feel that MSFT should have made the screens similar to enterprise products that we have like the Microsoft Management Console where ever possible.

Hosting websites and providing a certificate for SSL

Microsoft should provide a way to create domain name and integrate with domain name providers.

The web site should be more user friendly as we all come from Mictosoft backround and want to see a web version of management control where ever applicable so that the learning curve is very small when dealing with azure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want low startup cost use Azure,

I am trying to host some services and the problems like applying HTTPS certificates etc. are issues. The benefits are easy to deploy applications in the virtual environment.

Startup cost for deploying an application is pretty low and extremely easy.

We are trying host a webanalytics tool to monitor websites within our organization to help improve our customer experience and generate leads for our marketing team. Also improve our product documentation by analyzing how our customers are using our website. What information they are searching for and what are the top most visited pages. This whole solution also help us to demo how our web application works to our customers.

"MS Azure"

What do you like best?

They have a pretty nice look and feel to their UI and it seems alot easier to navigate than AWS. The service offerings are more straightforward and seem like they are geared towards enterprises rather than small development shops.

Overall, they provide a good IAAS product and also are leveraging their SQL Server and other products in Azure as well...so it's a nice solution all-in-all. I also feel like they don't have a ton of extraneous services like AWS does, so they are filtering a bit of the noise out. Another good thing.

What do you dislike?

In all my research, they have typically been the most expensive provider to deal with. I feel like they have an advantage against AWS that they don't exploit because they are a more familiar name. That's really the one complaint I have is their price point. They should be in the same price range as AWS.

I also would like if they had a free tier as well. Something AWS offers that they don't. They have a free trial, but it's only for a short time. I'd like to see the free tier for a year deal.

APIs-- AWS does a slightly better job of linking up with Cloud management software from Cisco + VMware. Azure is behind in this aspect. They need to catch up here and can compete with AWS here too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial first and try it out for free, start with non-critical workloads and put them out there. Also, proof of concepts are good things to put in the cloud as well. Dip your toe into Azure and determine how you like it.

We are developing Cloud strategies for clients and helping them figure out what workloads can go to the cloud and which ones cannot. The benefits we have realized are providing them with flexibility to expand as needed and agility to adjust quickly when business needs change. The cloud is great at providing that, but we are also help them figure out what to put in the cloud. Alot of people struggle with that.

Azure review by <span>J B.</span>
J B.

"We're impressed by Azure's rapid growth, innovation and openness"

What do you like best?

Azure's PaaS continues to grow in ways that helps us with scalability, availability, etc. at much lower complexity and cost. We are able to fill in with IaaS pieces as needed without dealing with multiple vendors. Our developers don't like situations requiring us to go back to how we did things before because of the extra time and overhead associated.

What do you dislike?

As an ISV we would like to see more multi-tenancy inherent in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a way to compare Azure's current capabilities to 1 and 3 years ago. You'll be pleasantly surprised by Azure's consistent and rapid growth in features, reliability, administration, etc. I wish I were able to direct people to a good comparison matrix, but I'm not aware of one.

Rapidly reproduce complex customer environments

Better serve customers via SaaS

Global availability and scalability of our products.

Continuous Integration & Deployment

Rapid test environments

Automate environment build-outs for various needs with Chef on Azure

Azure review by <span>Carmelo C.</span>
Carmelo C.

"Great cloud provider"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Azure platform has been growing a lot over the last years. Microsoft is investing a lot on it as a key factor of his cloud business, both for internal and external products. The amount of support that you can find online is continuously growing as more people start to use and gain knowledge on the platform. What I like the most is how Microsoft is continuously pushing new features to its platform, and its fully integration with Visual Studio IDE

What do you dislike?

Some new features are still on preview, which means that they might not be available as a stable version or you might not found easily support for them.

Moreover, since there are no standards for cloud providers, you are bound to Azure really soon once you start using all his powerful features. This means that if in the future you want to run your solution in another cloud provider, you will need a lot of work. Even tough this is not an Azure-specific problem, I'd like to see a much more portability of solutions between different cloud platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review prices and features offered and planned based on your solution\application. Take in consideration also your development environment, since Azure is definitely perfectly integrated in Windows and Visual Studio

Offering solution to customer using SaaS model, without managing all the stack typically required for on-premises solutions. Best benefit is speed and flexibility, reducing risks over your infrastructure planning, build and maintenance.

Azure review by <span>Eric H.</span>
Eric H.

"Microsoft Azure is an excellent cloud based architecture for Microsoft based IT solutions."

What do you like best?

Microsoft Azure is currently the best cloud based deployment architecture for Microsoft based solutions. Microsoft's IAAS solutions (virtual machines in the cloud) work virtually the same as on-premises Hyper-V virtual machines - in fact you can actually create a virtual machine locally, copy the VM to Azure and start it up in the Azure infrastructure. Azure is also tightly connected to Microsoft Office 365, making Azure a natural selection when extending SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, or Exchange solutions. The inclusion of Azure Active Directory with every Office 365 account, as well as the recently announced additions of Intune licenses for mobile devices - allow single-sign on capabilities to over 2000 Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications, and adds Azure based mobile device management to the stack.

Azure's PAAS offerings, or cloud based tool sets used primarily by Developers to build new solutions - is a top choice for developers looking to create applications and web services based on Microsoft programming languages or platforms like Internet Information Server. PAAS offerings include over 100 individual services from SQL Databases. to Mobile Services, to Azure Active Directory.

What do you dislike?

While Microsoft Azure is the best tool for Microsoft based platforms, it is not necessarily the best tool for non-Microsoft platforms and services such as Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The environment

We have used Microsoft Azure to quickly deploy development environments for customers, to deploy and rapidly expand production environments, and to develop robust, flexible Mobile applications.

Azure review by <span>Mitesh P.</span>
Mitesh P.

"IAAS, PAAS and some new services introduced in Azure"

What do you like best?

I really like the way we can deploy applications so quickly with Azure. Also we can manage and provision virtual machines very easily with Azure. Microsoft Azure has integrated and brought various services like DocumentDB, EventHubs, Stream analytics , HD Insights and Application insights which provides the best insight and help.

I really like the Azure documentation for developers which even makes it easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I still expect more platform independency from Azure. Also more support for linux machines. I would also love to see SAAS in Azure. Also I think pricing is high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want the best IAAS and PAAS service go with Azure.

To design a task scheduling problem. Deploying and managing the application with db and storage support and also gaining some insights and analytics.

Azure review by <span>Howard E.</span>
Howard E.

"Everything you need"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Azure offers more services than Amazon, Google, and Oracle

What do you dislike?

I have found nothing I dislike with Azure

Recommendations to others considering the product

Visit the Azure Store to find all the apps and services you would ever need

Ability to get applications and services up and running quickly

Azure review by <span>Md Naimur Rahman N.</span>
Md Naimur Rahman N.

"Its an excellent service to use as PaaS. "

What do you like best?

It provides a good platform for Big Data. We can start Virtual Machine with Big Data tool (Hadoop) installed. Virtual Machines with Big Data tools starting time in quite fast. Commissioning and decommissioning node is easy.

What do you dislike?

Performance degrades when requires large computations. Its not opensource and trail version length is not enough for students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the service more user friendly like Microsoft..

We need a platform for Big Data analytic. So we find Microsoft windows azure as a platform. Its really provide good service for Big Data. We build a Big Data platform on Azure, later we moved this platform to our Cloud. We did you experiment on Hadoop on azure. Its a very good tools for Big Data research, also its gives you idea about Cloud operation.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Azure, a powerful if not cumbersome prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

Can replicate, with a good deal of accuracy, most UX components in a semi-functional prototype.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is pretty drastic and one most be pretty proficient with front-end code (HTML and CSS) to find the value in the application. Other tools (proto.io, InVision, etc) are easier to use, require no coding knowledge, and can be iterated upon more quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More robust and powerful than other prototyping tools, you are only limited by your familiarity with the application and your coding skill. Allows UX professionals to build, in most instances, a semi-functional prototype and iterate on it without needing a dev team.

Developing a semi-functional prototype without having to involve development team. As UX, we can demonstrate a concept or an MVP, and tweak elements ourselves, to show to stakeholders without having to consult developers.

Azure review by <span>Isabella M.</span>
Isabella M.

"Azure is great for startups!"

What do you like best?

I love the BizSpark and student programs. It's helped our team get servers running quickly and very cost effectively while working to get our product into production.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the unexpected down times and server crashes. I dislike how sometimes VMs randomly disappear and the only way to get them back is to respin them.

Azure lets you get servers up and running for a low cost while in the development stage.

Azure review by <span>Antonio I.</span>
Antonio I.

"Azure is the best cloud"

What do you like best?

The Microsoft Azure platform allows you to use services for the management of relational and non-relational databases without having to deal with the configuration of the underlying infrastructure.

Azure is an open and versatile platform, able to support also technologies and different programming languages "

What do you dislike?

Without a production control system that can identify slowdowns or potential errors to improve the overall process

Time savings in operations and management

Azure review by <span>Krzysztof L.</span>
Krzysztof L.

"Best Cloud VM solution"

What do you like best?

Support is amazing, each time we had a question was answered fully in satisfactory time.

The reliability and scalability is much better then previously worked with Amazon or VMWare's vCloud.

Deployment is easy with predefined VMs, just couple of clicks and you are up and running.

What do you dislike?

The predefined VMs sometimes too basic, the number of things you can configure is limited. Better off doing your own "VM". Noticed few times the web portal was unavailable, however the machines were unaffected. the GUI could be a little more responsive.

Using for high availability systems and cloud backup reduplication

Azure review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Azure has been necessary to update from Active Directory to Office 365"

What do you like best?

Azure has been necessary after migrating to a hosted email exchange server. It is necessary for updating and managing AD / users and Exchange.

What do you dislike?

Different pieces and pricing. We have found that there are different versions parts to Azure that would be beneficial to managing online. However due to the cost of those pieces we are unable to move forward with that.

We were able to eliminate our on premise Exchange server with migration to office 365. Azure was necessary and beneficial to this, however there are other features we would like, if it were not for the cost.

Azure review by <span>Aditya S.</span>
Aditya S.

"It's Awesome"

What do you like best?

All the services. Their are wide variety of services ranging form Application creation to Big Data and now emerging Application Insights.

What do you dislike?

Their is still lot more things to be developed as Amazon Web Services. But its getting better and better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its good to use Azure if you or your company are planning to use its going in right direction and you will find lot of new features and technologies coming into it in future. So its good to invest in it.

Cloud is every where it is needed now a days in each and every services or each and every Technological unit of any software industry. Their are lot of benefits using Azure good integration with Visual Studio Environment etc.

Azure review by <span>John S.</span>
John S.

"Cloud maintenance made easy but expensive"

What do you like best?

Great interface to control your servers and VMs. Can integrate into a lot of services, easily spin up and then deallocate servers.

What do you dislike?

Price, having a decent speced machine up full time is expensive. Azure database pricing is not affordable for small businesses to scale.

Running a cloud service based on desktop applications. being able to allocate and deallocate servers as needed has been critical.

Azure review by <span>Joshua R.</span>
Joshua R.

"Cloud. Made Easy."

What do you like best?

I love how all the apps integrate into making a platform that is easy for me whole team to manage.

What do you dislike?

Migrating our data from an ancient system was very tedious

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please implement this change if you are using an obsolete system for data management

Im combinign SQL data management along with inventory control for our ecommerce site.

Azure review by <span>João M.</span>
João M.

"The World inside a Cloud"

What do you like best?

I just love the amount of different services integrated on the same cloud and the fact that we can combine them to build a custom system fit to my needs.

What do you dislike?

It's very complex and very error prone. The Debugging is not easy and some edge features are not always easy to troubleshoot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very steep learning curve, but It really pays off as soon as we get the grip of it.

We make our Hosting and machines processing on the Azure Cloud

Azure review by <span>Marco P.</span>
Marco P.

"Why move to Azure?"

What do you like best?

Azure can be used as PaaS (Platform as a Service) or IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service). In the first case, you can deploy apps, services, websites extremely quick and you can very easily configure them to better suite your needs, or your customers needs.

Actually, if you already have an infrastructure on premises, you can use a combination of both PaaS and IaaS. Either solution you choose, you will save many of the headaches regarding the maintenance.

Besides maintenance, Azure offers speed and scalability. It has a very wide range of services, virtual machines, databases, and whatever you can think of, that allows you to build the exact environment that you need to your business.

What do you dislike?

Although you have endless options to build your business, Azure can be very expensive. If you overrate your business needs, you will end to spend much more money that you would actually need. Redundancy, powerful virtual machines, data throughput, disk space, etc., have a wide range of options, from the most cheaper to the most expensive. You will have to study very well what your business needs.

Hardware and server maintenance can be a problem in your business. Azure can help you with that. Even if you have a on-premises infrastructure, you can still move part of the services to the cloud and have them completely connected to your existing infrastructure.

Actually, this may be the best thing to do. For example, having a relational database in the cloud wouldn't be the best option, as the disk I/O operations can be very expensive. The same happens to a Email server. So, you can move websites, micro services, mobile services, and other things like this to the cloud and having them connected to your databases in on-premises.

Most of the cases, companies already have made a huge investment on an infrastructure, you can combine it with services in the cloud. You can also have other servers on the Azure, using it like a combination of IaaS and PaaS.

Azure review by <span>Robert B.</span>
Robert B.

"Fantastic experience"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Azure out of the box supports basic needs to start a business application from ground up. It has some limitations for specific cases but with rapid enhancement releases those small constraints are covered.

What do you dislike?

Certain constraints could become annoying, but again those cases are not the mainstream cases.

Hybrid Cloud support is one of those features that was originally suffering from a constraint (only one VPN could have been established by Cloud Service).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The main challenge you would face in migration of existing applications to any Cloud vendor is to understand that you need to re-architect your application for Cloud. Old fashioned monolithic 2-tier architecture is not the right architecture for Cloud.

I've migrated an entire Saas line of business to Microsoft Azure.This includes a Website, a Rest API , a slew of SOA services and multiple SQL databases. The benefits are on-demand scalibility and availability of a Saas line of product consists of multiple web clients and back-end processors. all of this is hassle free infrastructure (Paas).

I am liberated from IT constraints.

Azure review by <span>Almond A.</span>
Almond A.

"Great Cloud platform for those who are already familiar with Windows! "

What do you like best?

Azure is a highly extensible cloud platform. It not only provides the familiar look and feel of Windows, it has one of the best hybrid cloud architectures for enabling workloads in the cloud with an onpremise connectivity. From a system management perspective, it is easy to use. Their System Center integration is quite interesting as well.

What do you dislike?

Some of the networking options are restrictive for higher bandwidth requirements. Certain instances are not consistent in their latency due to large amount of overhauling required. The trial offering is quite poor considering they are trying to gain market share. One month is hardly a decent trial for cloud software now a days especially since Azure is likely not a purely public deployment. Onpremise is probably still required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their trial offering is not as generous as AWS but you can pretty much get the basics of what you need.

An easy way to deploy a cloud solution without needing a lot of expertise. Looking for alternatives to Amazon where hybrid architecture is not an easy or popular option. Customers with enterprise agreement with MS also receive a lot of incentives to use Azure.

Azure review by <span>Jason H.</span>
Jason H.

"Successful Azure Implementations"

What do you like best?

Provides a way to deliver compute using an OpEx financial treatment.

It's also a market leader for organizations looking for a true platform as a service solution. Azure is gaining speed in the area as the PaaS market matures.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to assess the necessary compute requirements as well as migrate from an existing on-premises environment without expertise and tools.

Because Azure is readily available it's important to get proper governance in place to avoid overspend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are tools that scan your environment then sizes your requirement in Azure. This makes it WAY easier to determine which VMs are good to move first as well as the costs associated with the move.

When clients need a way to put their servers in the cloud on a metered basis using tools they are familiar with... i.e. Microsoft... Azure is a great fit.

It eliminates the need to build and run your own datacenter which can be very costly on a larger scale.

I've helped clients identify within minutes the necessary CPU and memory commitments for their hosts in Azure using very slick tools that most are unaware of.

Azure review by <span>John J.</span>
John J.

"works smooth and easy to get things done"

What do you like best?

It really helps complete important work around here making it easy to complete

What do you dislike?

The certificate training is sometimes hard to schedule if real busy but well worth it

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you seek software to help with data and project management then this clearly the route to go

It really helps keep track of critical data and improved project management

Azure review by <span>Andrew H.</span>
Andrew H.

"Azure IaaS"

What do you like best?

The feature set, speed of improvements and new features, competitive cost, "lift & shift" capabilities

What do you dislike?

It can be slow for documentation to appear, particularly for technical aspects of the solution, such as PowerShell

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at ways to move existing systems to PaaS where possible in order to benefit from cheaper & more robust/scalable solutions rather than migrating & leaving unchanged legacy systems

Development of hosted solutions & ability to move legacy systems into the cloud relatively easily.

Azure review by <span>Jesús M.</span>
Jesús M.

"Easiest way to deploy your cloud applications "

What do you like best?

It is really easy to deploy your applications, and if you are using powershell then the software development life cycle is managed in a snap.

Wonderful management system and great dashboard.

Visual Studio integration is one of the features I love the most.. I've used Azure for more than 3 years and I think it is a really good option compared to other clous solutions.

What do you dislike?

Too many areas to include in your budget planning when calculating how much to spend. Hadoop prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wair. Start using Azure!

I resolved automation and support problems.

The benefits: Everything In one place

Azure review by <span>Mitch K.</span>
Mitch K.

"Azure server setup is quick to setup and deploy"

What do you like best?

Microsoft does the patching for you as long as you properly setup affinity. No down time for your servers in that model.

It is quick to deploy new servers when needed and to configure them to be fault tolerant.

What do you dislike?

VPN setup is somewhat clunky and not intuitive to what they are looking for. Also, it is somewhat limiting in the number of subnets/servers supported. We also would have like more granular security in that we could allow you to configure the network portion but not get into the server portion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of setup in the cloud.

Moving ADFS to the cloud to help out Office 365 rollout.

Azure review by <span>Abdel K.</span>
Abdel K.

"Possible game changer? "

What do you like best?

There is a ton of in ovation and buzz around how people are using Azure now in the industry. I also like how Azure supports both relational and NoSQL databases, and Big Data, through WZT and HDInsight.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of various instance types or families to choose from. There aren't a ton of subscription options available too. Give users a free tier option as well so they can test drive their stack. The part that really turned me away was the lack of support for auto scaling and load balancing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Azure is one of the cheapest options out there on the market. If your considering a cheap competitor to Rackspace or AWS consider Azure. However there is a lack of features that I think in due time will be implemented. But for the price you cant go wrong.

Scalability issues within our start up.

Azure review by <span>Ijem O.</span>
Ijem O.

"Rock solid cloud offering"

What do you like best?

Spin almost any instance at will. You name it- VMs, IOT, CDN, Analytics, Storage, Business Intelligence, Networking and more- its all available on Windows Azure.

What do you dislike?

Nada. The offerings from the Windows Azure team works fine for me presently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best way to try out any service is to use it, give it a spin and see where it takes you!

We primarily rely on cloud infrastructure to run proof of concept (data architectures mostly) and then deploy. With Windows Azure's tiered service, we can use the free tier to play with various mixes and try out several use cases.

Azure review by <span>Denys K.</span>
Denys K.

"Best cloud platform for .Net"

What do you like best?

Easy to deploy .Net apps, also Linux, Docker support is good.

What do you dislike?

New Portal. The UI could be better. Some of PaaS offerings should be future improved - Docker, Functions, SF.

I'm building and hosting enterprise apps, also hosting my home projects.

Azure review by <span>Don T.</span>
Don T.

"Overly complicated"

What do you like best?

Easy to spin up an application or VM, good storage options. With an EA agreement billing is far simpler.

What do you dislike?

Interface still feels overly complicated and clunky. Costs ramp up quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have the interface change often as Microsoft continues to add features and improve the interface. It's still clunky, but each iteration is an improvement over the previous one.

Running Dynamics NAV 2015 and SQL Server in Azure VMs. I like the VPN options and having Azure to be a part of my network for remote sites to easily work in NAV.

Azure review by <span>Andrey P.</span>
Andrey P.

"Industry leading cloud platform"

What do you like best?

Lots of useful services and options to migrate your on-premise infrastructure to cloud, IaaS for legacy workloads and SaaS\PaS for development of new stuff

What do you dislike?

Pricing policy is very unclear, you can get one cost on Azure Calculator and get the bill with different cost

Moving to cloud from legacy hardware in datacenter

Azure review by <span>Aaron B.</span>
Aaron B.

"A single place for Everything Microsoft IT on the cloud"

What do you like best?

You will find the best mix of Microsoft Products/Services related to servers, hosting, databases, and many other services at Microsoft Azure.

Administrative Portal, has all needed features.

Billing portal, great detail about your service billing and consumption. Multiple subscriptions.

Wide options and price levels for virtual machines (This is the feature I use the most).

If you need to setup separate accounts to handle different projects and cost, you just need to add extra subscription to your account, and assign the services properly to each subscription, that way you will charge your customers fairly and easily.

Since you find a lot of options and services in a single roof, you may think the Control Panel is complex, but it doesn't. This product is for technical users and IT professionals with Microsoft technologies expertise.

If you need Visual Studio 2013, there is an option to have it on a monthly per user fee that is less expensive than getting the full package, and is integrated with AZURE.

You will find some free tier services, like small MySQL server databases (20 MB). This is useful for small projects and testing.

A good level of documentation is available. with code examples for every mayor development tool.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything in particular at this point in time. Maybe to have better (lower) pricing on some of the products. (but who doesn't?)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried other service providers to compare, always end with Azure based on Price/Features/Scalability and centralized administration for different solutions/projects, but go ahead and do your due diligence, since not all projects are alike, and you may find another provider that suits your needs. If you have Microsoft products expertise, probably you will be better off with Azure.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Flexible, powerful cloud platform for IOT, big data, services "

What do you like best?

Flexibility and scalability of resources, easy provisioning and deprovisioning with powershell

What do you dislike?

portal has improved but still had a ways to go - not easy to use sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Powerful, flexible, scalable

Using Azure as a cloud platform for IOT, full stack web apps and enterprise Data Warehouse development

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great Integration with other Microsoft platforms"

What do you like best?

The native integration with on-prem Microsoft products such as Windows 2012 R2 and Data Protection Manager. The Azure Site Recovery feature closes the gap for Disaster Recovery and provides new options vs. the traditional costly colocation models.

What do you dislike?

Some functions still have to be managed via Powershell vs. a GUI interface. One of the attractive draws to moving to a cloud model is reducing the need to IT expertise so adding more GUI management features would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take note of the integration it provides with Active Directory and on-premise Microsoft based platforms. That is where Azure excels vs. other public cloud platforms such as AWS and Google.

Reduction of on-premise systems and on-demand disaster recovery.

Azure review by <span>Rakesh G.</span>
Rakesh G.

"Microsoft Azure experience"

What do you like best?

The part I most like about MS Azure is that it has significantly grown over year and currently offers a rich variety of cloud services that can be easily leveraged by developers for building cloud apps.

The second best thing about Azure is that it can be easily managed using the portal and or powershell cmdlets.

What do you dislike?

Always the problem with evolving technologies , azure features change rapidly in short period of time,

We are using Azure for developer machines, integrating cloud with on-premise. The benefit of using Azure is that we are using the pay-as-you-go model and saving lot of money,.

The turn around time for having a website or vm is really really low , that means development time can be used to do other significant things.

Azure review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"All you need in the cloud"

What do you like best?

Host web applications and auto scaling according to business performance and growth needs

What do you dislike?

The price of some services is very expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some azure services could be less expensive

-Scalable backend apps

-Active directory

-Manage domains inside Azure

-Connect local network to Azure Network

Azure review by <span>Vaishnavi M.</span>
Vaishnavi M.

"Azure review"

What do you like best?

Azure has got many things for a developer - Iaas, Paas, Saas

What do you dislike?

As it has got tons of features it takes time to get a taste of all of it.

Deploying apps and host it on cloud very easily.

Azure review by <span>Sai Sabarish K.</span>
Sai Sabarish K.

"Azure review"

What do you like best?

Azure has got everything Iaas, Paas, Saas for a developer to host their apps on cloud.

What do you dislike?

It has overwhelming features which takes some time to digest .

Hosting apps on cloud and using it based on the apps requirement

Azure review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Content Uploading /Downloading/Security Integration with Azure Platform was Seamless"

What do you like best?

Azure portal is very Intuitive , any developers of different skill set or even non-developers can easily spin a website or SQL server setup in matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

More Azure Developer community samples would be helpful .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Azure Solution for any IT needs; it takes less time for setup/ development and very reliable platform

Emailing customer documents with size and different formats, deliver-ability from ESP to customer inbox was always not reliable.

We moved from this model to Azure Content uploading and sharing with Blob storage, with HMAC securities .

This model helped our business in shipping cost and content maintenance securely .

Azure review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Experienced Azure Developer"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to setup and deploy a new website. The manageability over other hosted services is much better and scale ability is just a couple of mouse clicks to run multiple instances.

What do you dislike?

The new portal is pretty but the current one is my first choice because it is cleaner and easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give a thorough evaluation. I use it for work and for personal projects and compared to other hosted services i have used, it is far superior.

We were struggling with bandwidth hosting our sites on premise. The costs for hardware and internet were far more than what we pay using Azure.

Azure review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"App Remote"

What do you like best?

In app features, all info in one place, remote application

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t keep passwords and continuously logging in

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember password use often better on pc than Mac

Remote access client info, data, IT access

Azure review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Easy to use cloud development"

What do you like best?

It's absurdly easy to set up extremely powerful web infrastructure for your application. You can have a web app set up and deployed in minutes if you know what you want.

What do you dislike?

Azure is less affordable than AWS in my experience, and is optimized for Windows development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the platform to use if you have smaller Enterprise systems to maintain.

We host all of our windows infrastructure on azure now.

Azure review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"See a lot of adoption and future growth potential for Azure."

What do you like best?

Ability to host all types of apps on Azure not just Microsoft.

What do you dislike?

Branding hasn't been great, especially with inherent Microsoft apps and offerings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great offering from Microsoft and they give this a lot of attention.

Keeping pace with other hosting providers. Microsoft is able to offer a solution to put everything together on the cloud in an Azure instance.

Azure review by <span>Hans D.</span>
Hans D.

"My preferred virtualization platform"

What do you like best?

The Azure platform allows for a quick and easy way to deploy web sites and server assets on the fly. It's billing method is top-notch and allows for a customer to easily calculate potential charges based on a wide array of options depending on customer need.

What do you dislike?

Initial navigation of the Azure portal can be intimidating for the novice user and the requirements for configuring a web site or virtual server asset can be a bit overwhelming. After getting over the initial shock of the interface configuration comes quickly and easily, however.

Azure review by <span>Paloma D.</span>
Paloma D.

"Good for machine learning"

What do you like best?

I like its ability to analyze complex algorithms and come up with great correlations and regressions.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it has certain limitations, wish it was more sophisticated

It helps with analyzing large datasets and looking for correlations.

Azure review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Cloud from Microsoft"

What do you like best?

Easy of use. Powershell cmd lets are available for almost all resources. RM model with declarative deployment. Variety of service including non Microsoft solutions from various vendors.

What do you dislike?

Some services are still not available in new portal (e.g. Azure Active Directory, BizTalk, etc.). Some resources are hard to configure with PowerShell because of poor documentation (e.g. Api Management).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try free trial to review Azure. The cloud is good enough if you are already in Microsoft world.

Highly available Web Aplications, Api Apps, Virtual Machines with MS technologies dependent software.