Microsoft Azure

Microsoft Public Cloud. Windows Azure enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. You can build applications using any operating system, language or tool. Global Datacenters up to 99.95%. Monthly SLA.

Work for Microsoft Azure?
Google computeengine 2x

Learning about Azure?

Microsoft Azure Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 146 Azure reviews
Azure review by <span>Jestin S.</span>
Jestin S.
G2 Gives Campaign

Simple UI and Awesome service with dashboard.

What do you like best?

As a full stack developer I like Load Balancing, NoSQL, VPN, Realtime Dashboard for monitoring, Webapps, Multiple programming language support, global server availabilit, Automated deployment, Security etc.

And azure for creating VM it's really easy and time saving.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my VM will not shutdown and it will use the resources. Sometimes issue happens we can't handle ourself and need to contact support multiple times for the fix.and Pay As You Go system is little tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Azure is much user friendly compare to AWS, and its dashboard is really helpful, UI is very simple and very less easy setup. It's very easy for beginners to start with azure. You can use their inbuilt web apps to quickly deploy your app to production. You won't regret for choosing azure, Just give a try.

I switched from self hosted service to cloud and it help me control load. In other words load balancing by azure is awesome. And every dependency for a project is under one platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Azure
Azure review by <span>Sterren F.</span>
Sterren F.

Great place to start on your cloud journey

What do you like best?

Microsoft have gone out of their way to simplify the process of creating and managing cloud assets in Azure. They do not push you down one particular way of doing things either; they let you do it your way. If you want to create or manage resources through the portal, the .NET API, PowerShell, REST, etc. it is up to you.

What do you dislike?

The blades in the Azure portal are a novel idea but they do get cumbersome at times. They are also a little buggy. If I want to delete a resource, I right click on it in the list, and a new blade pops up with the resource's properties. I need to scroll back to the previous blade and right click it again for the context menu to actually display. Very annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try doing some online training course - it will take you a long way to mastering it.

I used Azure to successfully move a processor-intensive desktop application to cloud VMs, allowing me to offload the work to the cloud. The Azure Batch API allows me to easily create a pool of cloud computing nodes, upload data and binaries, execute workflows and download the outputs.

What Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution do you use?

Azure review by <span>Jeremy H.</span>
Jeremy H.

Simple to use but powerful cloud service.

What do you like best?

The portal to manage the services is easy to use and constantly improving. The services have had very little downtime in the years that I've used it.

What do you dislike?

Tech support could be better especially for billing and account transfers. Had a hard time transferring the services from one work account to another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a Microsoft shop already, this will be a pretty easy transition. There are lot's of tools to integrate with your internal servers if you need to and the help is pretty good for technical things.

I'm hosting a company website that is utilizing an Azure SQL database and file storage. It's easy to host all the services in Azure rather than on an internal company server. There is a lot less maintenance for me since I don't have to manage web server myself.

Azure review by <span>Dan O.</span>
Dan O.

Easy connectivity to Office 365

What do you like best?

I've used Microsoft Azure in a very limited capacity, I've used it to connect our software to the Office 365 Outlook calendars in order to support appointment booking, cancellation, modifications and calendar changes across multiple timezones.

What do you dislike?

Version control co-ordination with the latest Office 365 and the Office 365 API through Azure, they make changes to Office 365 which can have some interesting impacts on what the API does. The reselling policy they had with Telstra in Australia caused issues when logging in internationally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider your use case, is AWS or Google's Cloud better? What should your technical stack look like longer term?

Works well when connecting to the Office 365 API, connectivity to Office 365 is free.

Azure review by <span>Nick S.</span>
Nick S.

Expensive, but it will get the job done

What do you like best?

You can go from nothing to having a SQL Server instance in less than 30 minutes. You can also expand or contract that instance as you wish thereby increasing performance or decreasing cost.

What do you dislike?

It does take a fair bit of effort to get started even if you only want to spin up a server. The pricing is confusing and the performance capabilities at each level do not make much sense. Changing performance levels is slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Azure is an excellent solution, but not the only one and certainly not the cheapest. Also consider Amazon AWS. I can say that Azure will simply "get it done".

I needed a database to manage 120 GB of data and needed flexibility to managed the performance of the server. Azure gave me exactly that and did it in less than 30 minutes. It simply eliminated a problem that I faced and allowed me to focus on analysis rather than data storage and processing.

Azure review by <span>Mauricio L.</span>
Mauricio L.

Complete cloud solution for any your business is focused on.

What do you like best?

Nowaday when everything is based on cloud I feel very comfortable knowing I can continuing working with Microsoft products. Azure is the solution I found more focused on user experience. All my years working with Microsoft can continue improving with Azure.

What do you dislike?

First time I used Azure was when it was still in beta version. Although its dashboard and stability are very good now, they take more time than the average to achieve it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As most of the people should know, it's very important know the qualities and limitations Azure has. That's why I recommend deploy a beta platform for your own business. Microsoft has a lot of documentation and support channels that will guide you in the correct way to really learn how to work with Azure.

The first productive moving we did as in the company was related with migration to USA because most of our clients were complaining because the latency. Then Azure solution appears, working with Microsoft we were able to perform a clean migration of our main product, giving to our clients best connectivity.

Learning about Microsoft Azure?

* We monitor all Microsoft Azure reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.