Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Microsoft Bing Speech API

3.7
(21 reviews)

Microsoft Bing Speech API is a cloud-based API that provides advanced algorithms to process spoken language, it allow developers add speech driven actions to their applications including real-time interaction with the user.

Work for Microsoft Bing Speech API?

Learning about Microsoft Bing Speech API?

Compare Microsoft Bing Speech API to Similar Solutions

Microsoft Bing Speech API Reviews

Showing 22 Microsoft Bing Speech API reviews

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

I found this software to be very easy to use making my job a breeze! IT helped connect me with donors on a new level and got the office involved in the process. Made me feel like I wasn't on an island by myself!

What do you dislike?

Really no complaints on this software as it did the job I needed it to. I was using at more on the user end and had no issues. I can not speak from an administrator end as this seems to be were I usually encounter problems with software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best way to deiced if software is right for you is to research and then give it a try!

The problem we are solving by using Microsoft Bing Speech API gives us the opportunity to connect better with donors using speech and language. a must in the fundraising world!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Bing Speech API
Microsoft Bing Speech API review by elia m.
elia m.

"it is good, it fulfills its functions"

What do you like best?

The facility to configure it. And what is accessible from its interface. It does not require much learning to understand the software

What do you dislike?

I do not like the translation, I feel it is very literal. Does not recognize dialects or accents

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent software to convert into text and quickly. It's not exact, but it does its job very well

Of course it generates speed and efficiency for investigations. It generates a more creative process for each project, and more versatility in each work. Save time

What Voice Recognition solution do you use?

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by vaidhyanathan A.
vaidhyanathan A.

"Bing Speech is for beginners and small business "

What do you like best?

It is easy to setup and use. Its accuracy is good but not up to the mark

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Courtney S.
Courtney S.

"Microsoft Bing Speech API"

What do you like best?

Everything that I typed it spoke back to me very good for someone with a hearing impediment

What do you dislike?

It ran a little slow at time it got very glitch at time not sure if it was the device I was using

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product to use for people with hearing impediments.

I use it for all employees on my team with hearing impediments I have discovered that it works welll with people of that nature

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Ruth F.
Ruth F.

"Easy Set Up & User Friendly"

What do you like best?

It helps us communicate with our employees with hearing issues & speech impediments.

What do you dislike?

The translation can be funky, but you get the meaning. I just feel like for the price it should have had all of those bugs worked out.

We are solving the communication issues with those with disabilities & it opened up who we are able to hire & the positions we can hire them for.

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Consultant

"Great program"

What do you like best?

I love being able to use speech recognition. It helps me to multitask and take excellent notes. Bing Speech is very easy to use and I've never had issues with the software. It works really well and fits with our business.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. It is easy to use and my employees love it.

I am more efficient and effective. Able to use Bing Speech to turn thoughts and ideas into writing. I've noticed the benefits of bing speech when interacting with colleagues.

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Amanpreet K.
Amanpreet K.

"Speech API for projects"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and low learning curve. Support for many languages

What do you dislike?

Translation is bad. Google is way too accurate.

I was working on multiple projects and applications using Bing speech but then I had to give up as accuracy was too low for non native speakers.

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Ivan Ming-Chou L.
Ivan Ming-Chou L.

"accuracy"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Bing Speech API has high accuracy in Chinese

What do you dislike?

nothing I dislike, it is good for recognizing Chinese.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some differences for language usage in Chinese between Traditional and simplified. Maybe Bing could invlove them.

data processing for vocal data

high performance and speed

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Shon B.
Shon B.

"Microsoft Bing Speech API "

What do you like best?

The speech to text option is very efficient when having to jot down quick notes.

What do you dislike?

It lacks accuracy at times. I wouldn’t use it for large text documents.

I am able make a record of dialogue much faster than in a traditional setting.

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Administrator

"My experience with Microsoft Bing Speech API"

What do you like best?

It is easy to setup and use. Its accuracy is good but not up to the mark.

What do you dislike?

It contains only a few languages and accuracy is low. Pricing seems to be a little bit high for large usage.

Initially I tried to use it for Person with the disability to perform the actions. But It is not that much reliable. Even using many algorithms to bring down to the closest action it is not even close to 80-90% accuracy.

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Leanna F.
Leanna F.

"Works great, but always freezes"

What do you like best?

This program makes it easy to program commands into my computer. I have a dell, and honestly it makes i easier to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes freezes or misunderstands what I'm saying

Can schedule appointments easier with this service.

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Cara M.
Cara M.

"Awesome product of this generation"

What do you like best?

It is very much like the older version of Microsoft but it is kinda different for the typical audience.

What do you dislike?

Well it is sorta very hard to complain about the product itself I would say its time consuming

We are solving the lack on community actions

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Christian R.
Christian R.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

That it is easy to use and that there are many web pages to support it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a little difficult to make changes.

Ability to speak your words and convert them into text.

"My software"

What do you like best?

It came with my computer and my business needs are simp,e amd so is this.

What do you dislike?

I recently upgraded to windows 10 only to find that it was not compatible with a lot of programs until the technology cought up to windows 10.

This is a tough question for me to answer and I have to give it more thought for it to be precise.

"Awesome!!!"

What do you like best?

I love how you are able to convert speech to text so easily.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything yet that I do not like about the program.

If you are really busy it is much easier to click one button and record your speech then it is to sit there with your phone and type it all out.

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by User

"The Bing speech works 99% of the time"

What do you like best?

It understands very well what's being said and appears to filter out the background noise well.

What do you dislike?

At times it seems slow, however it is still very effective and fast most of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More frequent use improves the usability.

Ability to complete documents and increase productivity where voice commands work faster than typing.

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"User101"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration of the conversion of voice to text including accents

What do you dislike?

There are still many areas which need to be improved in the recognition software including dialects and accents.

It is a much quicker was to research and solve problems so saving more time overall and allowing more creativity

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Administrator

"Microsoft Bing Speech API"

What do you like best?

That it is easy to use and that there are many web pages to support it.

What do you dislike?

there are still few area which nee improvements including dialects and accents.

"Bing Speech API"

What do you like best?

Speech feature makes life easier to work while working on something else.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't work when there are background noise, otherwise good

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Bing Speech API is an excellet product. With minor upgrades and fixes, it does have great potential.

Customer Service

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by User

"Speech Recognition Software Saves Time and Energy"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Bing Speech API offers real-time audio-to-text translation, which is effective and easy to use

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the start-up and downloading process are a bit confusing

More efficient dictation and communication, ability to multitask, increase in efficiency in the workplace

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Useful API especially for folks with hearing impedments "

What do you like best?

I was genuinely surprised at the quality of the accuracy.

What do you dislike?

There were some glitches on my machine, but nothing too major.

This really helped our colleagues that have trouble communicating verbally.

Microsoft Bing Speech API review by Consultant

"Needs more improvement"

What do you like best?

I like the speech recognition to be able to multi task.

What do you dislike?

There is a delay at times at not accurate

Technical inaaccuracies

Learning about Microsoft Bing Speech API?

* We monitor all Microsoft Bing Speech API reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Microsoft Bing Speech API to Similar Solutions