Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations

3.5

Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations is the complete ERP solution for enterprises and offers solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail, services, and public sector.

Work for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations?

Learning about Microsoft?

Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Reviews

Showing 71 Microsoft reviews
Microsoft review by Kyuu E.
Kyuu E.

"An open minded look at ERP"

What do you like best?

Familiar tools, open standards. There's very little feeling of legacy and closed proprietary design, instead it feels designed to adapt. If you can manage Windows networks, you can manage AX. If you know SQL Server, you can easily do customizations for AX.

What do you dislike?

Performance tuning is a bit challenging, it may take a while to find out the optimal setups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AX is the probably the most customizable of the big solutions - in good and bad. Expect to take some serious time with getting everything to look like your company. It WILL do what you need, but you MUST accept that the progress is slow. While it may take more time to adapt AX compared to some simpler solutions, you will also have far wider options.

Also, if you're integrating the AX database to any 3rd party software, work on SQL code optimization. I cannot stress how important that is. Some of Microsoft's default suggestions are sluggish.

AX is in generic ERP use here, using all the major functions. We do use additional software for logistics, sales, POS and certain special financial needs but integration has worked out quite well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Microsoft review by Luke P.
Luke P.

"Great for specific applications"

What do you like best?

We were able to customize the Dynamic system to cover both our CRM, project management, and inventory controls all on one user interface. With CRM we were able to track our contact list as well as the last contact and what our current jobs were with them. The PM team was able to use that information to better assess the situation of current jobs and negotiate accordingly.

What do you dislike?

It is a massively powerful program, and it almost was quite difficult to run the reports and figure out how to format the results correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of what you need to use this for, and bring in a third party to set it up if you don't have the internal team.

It was able to link the Project Management, Accounting, and Inventory in one place so all parties were looking at the same information, and that information was current.

What ERP Systems solution do you use?

Microsoft review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Microsoft Dynamics AX"

What do you like best?

Integration of queries and Reports that are easily exported to excel for further Data Analysis. The ability to set up flags and triggers for Inventory makes day to day life much easier. Lastly AX's Ability to connect with Auxiliary Programs such as ZAP or Atlas is a welcomed feature for someone who enjoys data.

What do you dislike?

Even though AX is a well designed system there are instances where AX has minor issues. New users of AX often have trouble locating desired information due to often confusing layout or placement of data. The last major issue revolves around crashes taking place. I don't know if this a result of program or the companies network itself.

Ax Has allowed our business to consolidate multiple programs with many purposes into a one size fit all solution. AX has benefited the firm drastically by allowing smoother integration of various departments due to using the same program.

Microsoft review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"SalesForce vs. Dynamics 365"

What do you like best?

I like that it is versatile and has better visibility then Salesforce for where you are at. All in one program rather than using a sales management tool like Salesforce and accounting program like Personify.

What do you dislike?

Out of the box, SalesForce has better functionality. Easier report generation. To many levels of the same data could result in human error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reduce the limited advance search options. It is very difficult to build a report. Also, place reports in one spot. Having to know where you put a report is hard to navigate.

Using one platform to manage both finance and operations, rather than separate platforms. Also, we are tying products on our website to Dynamics for better Marketing management.

Microsoft review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"A myriad of options, but speed issues"

What do you like best?

I love that there are so many modules available to customize a solution for any business. There are also tons of vendors who have software that plugs into Dynamics AX, and lots more willing to create a bolt-on software.

The user interface looks very similar to most Microsoft products, with a ribbon across the top of the screen containing tabs and buttons for various functions, so navigation is fairly intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The ability to customize the solution comes at a price. The way the indexing is done on Dynamics AX means that the software is very slow -- like software loading back in the 90's slow. That is the biggest complaint I hear from users.

Additionally, some of the buttons, menus, error messages, and help text is not intuitive -- to the point that new users often feel overwhelmed and experienced users tend to stick to only the functions they are familiar with, rather than experimenting to try and find new features or faster way to go about processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that the newest version of Dynamics AX coming out in 2017 is supposed to be faster and much closer to the Windows 10 look. Implement the newest version as the previous version feels very out of date already. Customize as little as possible -- I believe the consensus with our business is that we overcustomized when we could have tweaked some business processes to fit with Dynamics and saved ourselves some heartache.

Dynamics AX has allowed a large number of business processes to become housed within the same software, eliminating lots of overlapping data entry that used to have to be done across various payroll and accounting systems. We are able to manage projects, inventory, accounts payable, receivables, expense management, purchasing, timecards and more within Dynamcs AX.

Microsoft review by Melissa R.
Melissa R.

"Complicated but efficent "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of access available when you first log in, everything is orderly and quickly available. I feel the data entry was simple to follow.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pre-loaded data it made the user experience obscure and I didn't identify or see how it was going to impact my workflow or productivity. Additionally, I feel the software could come with more guidance to learn how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone to assist you with implementation and customization as its not as user friendly as I needed it to be.

My goal was to pin down security and Microsoft Azure happens to win the reviews.

Microsoft review by Erika S.
Erika S.

"Lots of Improvements could be made"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a very simple looking interface.

What do you dislike?

I don't find Microsoft AX to be a very intuitive system. I could be bias coming from a very easy to use financial system previous. But For Microsoft AX there is a lot of extra clicking about, and it's harder to go back and check details for invoices or see where in the process it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can save you time, but your company may want to talk to Microsoft representatives about what your will specifically need the software to do.

It is good because it eliminates the need to carry around paper invoices to be signed off and delivered around the office. It also is good for looking up if an invoice has been signed off or paid or in holding.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"My experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 was difficult"

What do you like best?

I liked the fact that that it was an inclusive software. Different departments had the capacity of utilizing the software. The customization ability was okay too. At most it was effective, but not really the style we were going for, however I do see the potential in using it. Maybe one day in the future I will need to use it and I'll have a leg up.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to comprehend and can be glitchy. The amount of training need for this software is insane. If your company is in a bind and you need to switch softwares and you need your whole team to do training and become on board the good luck. Even going through the training is painful. God forbid you have to train more than one department because then it's overwhelming and in some cases you can lose out on productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your set on implementing Microsoft Dynamics be prepared to have multiple training sessions. It is very complicated to get everyone on board with this software. I feel it is not very user friendly and doesn't work like other Microsoft office applications.

We were solving the solution of admitting students to programs. We were trying to be inclusive in sending out reminders and allowing the students to upload documents on an as need basis. Unfortunately it didn't work for our needs. We went through the training with one of the Microsoft Dynamics trainers and it went too quickly and wasn't very easy to use considering its a Microsoft product.

Microsoft review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Mostly all in one software for orders and invoicing"

What do you like best?

The ease of use in the software itself for integrating different reports, filtering, and making payments. It can take a few steps to pull one report to get to the next, but they are exported in the same format and arrangement in the spreadsheet that the import file will have to be, which makes the process more streamlined rather than continually having to reformat between reports.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always work well with external programs, some input reports need to be in .csv format, and it can freeze for just a few seconds to over an hour and a half in some cases. The only gripe I had with .csv is I would have to change my original file just to run a report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whoever is teaching new users must be able to explain it at a base level. It can be a complex program at first, and needs simple walkthroughs. It will take time, and the new users will always have questions for more advanced users, but those will come with time, and don't all have to be taught during the trial period.

We are solving the integration of sales, to purchasing, to accounts payable, to accounts receivable all in one platform.

Microsoft review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"I like it for the most part"

What do you like best?

My favorite part is the pipeline and the ability to work on specific areas at a time. This is always how I start my sales day. I also really like how my dashboard is set up. I feel that I have just the information that I need and no fluff to clutter the page.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how slow it is to run at times. I also don't like that sometimes it takes clicking through several screens to get the area that I want. It also can be frustrating at times that when you click through areas and need to go backward to where you started, it doesn't take you to this exact point. So when you are far in another page and it takes you to the top of page one it's hard to back to where you were and continue working through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend making it a little faster and getting rid of so many screens it takes to go through to get to the one you need or are looking for.

I am organizing my clients and prospects in a way that makes sense and make them harder to forget. I'm also solving computer spaces in files from excel, etc. Everything I need as far as client data and information can be accessed through a browser in CRM.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Inexpesive Option "

What do you like best?

I believe Dynamics was a more cost effective option for a CRM tool. at the time the company I was working for was developing new business lines and partnerships requiring us to upgrade to a new CRM as the one we were using at the time. I liked the integration between Outlook, that feature was a huge help to managing our Sales teams email communication efforts.

What do you dislike?

I disliked how costly it was to get trained to be able support admin needs for the team. when we had originally migrated over from our old platform we had a consultant who basically took our data and put it into Dynamics...I was never trained and once we finally began to test the system, I figured it out but i was disappointed on how little information was available for a beginner...all the information i located was for experts only...very rough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure you work directly with the CRM provider instead of working with a third party consulting group for implementation...that is where i think we severely failed. Additionally, prepare your support and admin teams, be sure to get them trained on the system itself prior to diving in head fort to developing the system for your company.

We wanted to focus on specific targets to improve our portfolio penetration. In order to do that we needed to record our newly gathered data and enter it within the CRM system to then generate refined prospect lists to market to, while developing stronger marketing strategies while observing trends as a result of our efforts.

Microsoft review by John B.
John B.

"User friendly ERP product"

What do you like best?

We upgraded from an out of date ERP system that couldn't handle the growth of our company. Being a Microsoft product, the user interface is great and easy to use. It can be a powerful tool for a large or small company.

What do you dislike?

Due the fact that it can hold a lot of data and is a powerful program, it can take a while to use. If a user is not used to the ribbon user interface, it can be difficult for them to get used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate other solutions, but you won't find anything better.

Using Microsoft AX dynamics, as a company, we have been able to manage our growing company in far better ways than before.

Microsoft review by Dominique M.
Dominique M.

"May be good for a larger firm"

What do you like best?

Provides a system of checks and balances to ensure that all checks are paid, and that all active invoices are alert and notified consistently.

What do you dislike?

Developed more for a larger firm, as there are too many options that are unnecessary for a firm of our size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that it suits the size of your firm.

The checks and balances system is helpful to make sure that we do not miss payments nor bills to go out; and we have yet to miss a payment.

Microsoft review by User in Veterinary
User in Veterinary

"Ease and Success"

What do you like best?

The ease of display. I like that I am able to see the past and future of working with the company.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the antiquated look and would love a more polished feel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Will only your company be using this product or will you be using it in conjunction with clients?

Managing a great deal of advertising and sales customers, we have to ensure we take the right approach to each customer and demeanor. Microsoft Dynamics 365 makes it easy to see our progress with each company and see the next steps. We have been able to communicate more quickly and efficiently with vendors and alliances.

Microsoft review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Complicated but Extremely Useful"

What do you like best?

So many things you can do with this. We use it for sales, purchasing, and accounting. Everything can flow together for each department to get the job done. It can be customized and changed accordingly. The navigation is not too bad, but it definitely takes some getting used to.

What do you dislike?

This can be a very complicated system. For the average user, it isn't bad, but when any changes happen, the entire system can get slowed down or stop working. You really need to have a lot of energy invested into it.

We are able to work directly with other companies, works seamlessly with many other programs. Great integration.

Microsoft review by Antonio C.
Antonio C.

"AX is a Quality and User-Friendly ERP Product"

What do you like best?

AX Dynamics is an good ERP product for managing enterprise resources. Our company uses it along with a non-Microsoft PLM system, PTC Windchill, and they work together well. It is a vast improvement over the ERP system we used before. AX Dynamics is a powerful system with many uses.

What do you dislike?

Some users find AX to be difficult or complicated to use. I have always found it user-friendly though. It can be a little slow, depending on your hardware, as it is a powerful program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good and powerful product.

We manage our enterprise resources with AX Dynamics.

Microsoft review by User in Research
User in Research

"Microsoft AX"

What do you like best?

Basic searching within released products is really easy.

What do you dislike?

The ability to delete a record with transactions and/or inventory. This can become a nightmare.

Because of the seatch options we can find any attributes that are incorrect quickly.

Microsoft review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Very positive with the addition of retail"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ability to edit and manage my products within Excel. The edit in grid function is a very useful tool when editing a large amount of products.

What do you dislike?

I know that we've had issues when using AX with Atlas. Additionally, I wish that it communicated with Office products easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

AX7 looks awesome and I can't wait to see how the product works when it becomes more widely used.

Microsoft has been an incredible ERP system for our company and I am very happy with the data management point of the product.

Microsoft review by Shannon S.
Shannon S.

"Dynamics AX user since 2008"

What do you like best?

Since this is a windows based product, it is very easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

We have had to do a lot of custom programming of reports and forms in order to get the product to perform as needed

We are using AX to greatly reduce our inventory on hand as well as forecasting and master planning. It has taken a lot of work with an outside consulting firm as well as custom programming with an IT company to get it to function the way we need it to. It works very well for order entry and accounting. It needs a little more work for production planning in a manufacturing environment.

Microsoft review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Review on Microsoft Dynamics AX"

What do you like best?

I liked the ability to sort out and manage information in accounts payables, accounts receivables and budgeting. It was great software for managing costs for projects.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the work order management for this software, it was not as intuitive as its competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I liked microsoft dynamics AX for what it was good at which was managing project budgets however I did not find it was as good at organizing and managing work orders for maintenance work.

The software was mainly used to track project spending and to manage work orders.

Microsoft review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Great program with multiple uses"

What do you like best?

Currently using for inventory management and love the flexibility. This program is replacing years of spreadsheet keeping and ticket entering with ease. The options are limitless and we are excited to continue to learn more about the capabilities of this product.

What do you dislike?

The program is not as user friendly as I hoped. It has taken a bit of practice to ensure I'm using it correctly.

It is saving tons of time be integrating multiple platforms into one.

Microsoft review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Dynamics AX"

What do you like best?

Internationalism, integration of modules, breath of solution and flexibility

What do you dislike?

Look there are a few minor issues around missing functionality like advanced asset maintenance or management of incoming shipments / item costings (its painful), but there are existing Dynamics AX verticals that sort these...in general very happy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must be fully evaluated. Bang for Buck is it way ahead of its competitors

Real time data that is hitting the P&L immediately, with the functionality and flexibility that allows diversification and growth globally if required...all in the one solution...nice.

Microsoft review by Matt K.
Matt K.

"Excellent CRM For Growing Organization Looking to Cut Costs"

What do you like best?

Easily integrates with other office suite programs and is much cheaper than alternatives.

What do you dislike?

User interface is improving but still leaves a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for a growing team looking to improve internal communication and effectiveness.

Make sure we are appropriately updating customers and team internally on progress of accounts and orders.

Microsoft review by Ulrich (Uli) N.
Ulrich (Uli) N.

"Interaction with other MS products"

What do you like best?

The total control overview of all vendor related items and the immediate supply of information for each product

What do you dislike?

The amount of time to fill the ERP system with data

Recommendations to others considering the product

More direct implementation of the internet with referencing information from a certain prodyct line, include for ex. Wikipedia

The interaction with other affilates in other countries

Microsoft review by Ahmad H.
Ahmad H.

"Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 "

What do you like best?

Agile and user friendly , reasonably priced

What do you dislike?

Very short on retail module resources specially when it comes to the POS and troubleshooting its problems

Full Organization automation.

Retail , supply chain, Accounting and HR

Microsoft review by User in Internet

"Tends to be sluggish"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily set custom dashboards was really great, especially on the sales side, being able to bring in the metrics that are specifically matter to you as an individual was fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Speed was a huge issue, no matter where I was connecting from, and even after we got a fiber upgrade, the platform still ran really slowly.

Being an account manager, the platform made it for easy to bring in, assign, and track support staffs progress on different projects. Upgrading from a in house CRM without that capability at all, I saw a massive improvement on peoples accountability.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009"

What do you like best?

Complete solution for our direct to consumer business that is cost effective. We worked with Junction Solutions as a support and install vendor so the Microsoft acquisition of Junction is a bonus for us as well.

What do you dislike?

Our business required several modifications before we could use it (a key area was financial reporting among others). It looks like the next versions of Dynamics AX have improved so we are able to discontinue many mods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good if you are already a heavy Microsoft business. Good system for order processing and manangment.

Complete order entry system that interfaces well with our external web site. More efficient order entry process coupled with better inventory mgmt and control.

Microsoft review by User in Information Technology and Services

"ERP product built with user flexibility in mind"

What do you like best?

- AX Dynamics is an ERP product for managing enterprise resources.

- One can use it along with other ERP softwares and it provides good integration capabilities

- Since this is a windows based product, it is very easy to navigate

- Irrespective of scale of business, its useful

What do you dislike?

- Ribbon interface is bit complicated (if not used before)

- Considerable h/w

- requires customization / modification for some features to use as per industry standard

- After any change, it requires lots of efforts to ensure its working

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice user interface and useful ERP for order entry system

Effective Order entry system

Microsoft review by User

"Complicated"

What do you like best?

prefilled fields and customization of each field in the reporting section. That is the best part of the system, as well as ability to transfer information between geographies.

What do you dislike?

too many options for too many fields in terms of completing. Teams can implement information in too many different ways, so consistently is difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know exactly what you need this service for before you use it.

CRM, the benefits seem to mainly be around customization. Teams across geographies

Microsoft review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Review on Microsoft Dynamics. Great tool and easy to use."

What do you like best?

It is a great tool and very easy to use. It makes tracking leads a lot easier. Team work and collaboration is a lot easier

What do you dislike?

Not all companies and clients use it so it would be best to work on marketing the product more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

work on promotions and making it accessible across more companies (primarily ones which are not cloud based)

We use it to track leads, automate field service . The sales team use it too. Collaboration is a lot easier than before

Microsoft review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"A horrible accounting system"

What do you like best?

At my previous employer we used Oracle my current employer just completed a system conversion from Oracle to Microsoft Dynamics and it has caused limitless headaches for the corporate accounting staff

What do you dislike?

The glitchiness of the system, the inability to have reoccurring entries, the multiorg system creates plenty of headaches

I don’t think any benefits have been realized switching to Microsoft dynamics has greatly increased our work load increasing the amount of manual tasks

Microsoft review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care

"Most challenging yet thorough software. "

What do you like best?

I just love using Dynamics to do all of our billing to Shell Oil Company. It allows me to search within a current invoice that I am preparing without having to exit and look up a customer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be slow or you might lose all the work you just input.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a must and a great investment.

We are no longer sending duplicate invoices.

"Microsoft Dynamics"

What do you like best?

The converting of the lead once it's qualified and how it creates an opportunity, account and contact.

What do you dislike?

I don't think it's user friendly. Especially for people who are older, the system is difficult to teach unless you are somewhat tech savvy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to show people step by step on how to handle using it. Again, it is not user friendly, especially if you are not tech savvy.

What are real opportunities vs ones that are sitting. The stages are more seen than the 2011 version.

"Dynamics AX 2012"

What do you like best?

Large range of functionalities, user friendly, escalability, easy to customize

What do you dislike?

Slowness sometimes, standard bugs in newly released versiones that take some time to get fixed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and all Microsoft support in the back.

Take into account your needs. When planning to move into another software like Dynamics AX explore the standard functionality and even there are always possibilities to customize it's better to stick to the standard functionality.

Don't try to just copy and paste your old system into AX. Understand how the system works and as much as possible adapt yourself to AX.

The customer team, key users and a proper training before the GO Live are key factors for a successful implementation.

I work in an IT company in the support department so basically take care of users

Microsoft review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Simple Review of MS Dynamics AX"

What do you like best?

Similar user interface like other MS products such as Excel/Word. Feels familiar than our products

What do you dislike?

I felt like this platform has way too complicated functions where it should focus on for user interface and usability.

Data gathering and organizing customer relation regardless of size of whole clientele.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good for small companies! a bit complicated when you first get started"

What do you like best?

I do like how easy the interface was to use and learn given that we are already Microsoft Office users. It integrates nicely with Excel and Office 365 which is a plus.

What do you dislike?

At first, it was definitely hard for us to implement and understand how to use it. But there is support and help given to answer any of our questions.

We use it to integrate our Sales and invoice/purchasing to our Finance/Accounts team.

Microsoft review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Love this as a customer service product. We used it in our call center. It allowed sales reps to have access to each customer's profile, their past orders, and any notes all at the time the customer called in. It was a great way to have a large amount of information accessible to multiple people all in one system!!

What do you dislike?

The software an sometimes be slow to load.

It allows customer info to be shared between many representatives in a clean, organized matter.

Microsoft review by Jordan M.
Jordan M.

"Very helpful"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigating and personalization of options

What do you dislike?

There is a user curve, but after a while it becomes second nature

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a good support team to help with the transition.

Connecting the different sales groups from around the country on one platform.

Microsoft review by Jimmy C.
Jimmy C.

"Clunky "

What do you like best?

Not a lot really. It gets the job done for storing accounts, but using it for invoicing is hard.

What do you dislike?

Hard to get reports out of tool and it doesn't sync with many third party apps

Storing account info.

Microsoft review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Stay Away!"

What do you like best?

I don't like it. It's terrible. And based in the '80s!

What do you dislike?

Interface is awful, not intuitive, not seamless, requires re-entering the same thing over and over. Search is very specific and not flexible. Requirements for connection to main office are not legitimate for today's traveling and remote workforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Write it into your contract how much support you get, and make sure you have all stakeholders at the table. Better yet, find anything else.

None. Causing more problems.

Microsoft review by User

"Dynamics 365 - web"

What do you like best?

Es un ERP accesible via web a través de cualquier dispositivo (pc, tablet, móvil, etc), sin necesidad de conectar a través de una vpn.

What do you dislike?

Para acceder todo el personal debe tener un usuario y contraseña nominal dado de alta.

Gestión de órdenes de trabajo, notificar inicio y fin de órdenes, tiempo y material invertido, etc.

Microsoft review by Bernie B.
Bernie B.

"Accounts Payable Manager"

What do you like best?

I like the "Ring Central" app where you can share screens. Merit using a ticket system.

What do you dislike?

So much to learn... That I cannot figure out some processes on my own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a solid plan.

Tweaking out kinks and creating better processing in AX.

Microsoft review by Austin S.
Austin S.

"CRM Software"

What do you like best?

How easily I can move around the platform.

What do you dislike?

Inability to open multiple screens at the same time.

Being able to keep all of my accounts in one location.

"AX review "

What do you like best?

I like that I can create orders from Sales Center 2009 quotes and they will appear in AX

What do you dislike?

It is not user friendly in my opinion and it is very slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial first to see if it is right for all users

Benefit is that it will tell you if you made a mistake before you place an order to eliminate any errors

Microsoft review by Consultant

"Industry standard"

What do you like best?

Of course this is what most enterprises use for their email and of course it works great and gets the works done.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how sometimes outlook will add an incoming email to a totally different thread

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the industry standard. Really can't go wrong with this product

Able to effective communicate with staff and clients

Microsoft review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Easy to use and a great tool to have"

What do you like best?

This product will be your best friend if it's not already. It's so easy to use and the cost to acquire the software is much less than the value of the item!

What do you dislike?

It's a little tricky to use at first but once you get the hang of it, its a breeze!

Organization, organization, organization!

Microsoft review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"THe Dynamic 365 operations was preloaded on my work computer"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that is has a lot of safety features built in

What do you dislike?

I don't like how it asks you to sign into it 3 to 4 different times when you open, email, excel, word, etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

fix the massive logging in issues

how to document and communicate with the customers

Microsoft review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"implementation design execuion"

What do you like best?

Robust platform with high level of customization to meet any business process or scale

What do you dislike?

Platform is complex and development requires a high level of specialized developer. Without the right VAR this platform is nearly impossible to maintain

Recommendations to others considering the product

be prepared for intensive develoment. This is a direct competitor to heavy seasoned ERP (SAP, JD Edwards)

Consolidated GL and financial performance reporting

Microsoft review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Enterprise, engage"

What do you like best?

For our business, no shortages of things we can accomplish with AX.

What do you dislike?

The problem ERP systems have is useability. While you can get trainings and consultants to help, it would be nice to have more of UI that would be self explaining when you get all setup

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you need all this power before investing in it.

Centralizing processes was a challenge but with AX we are able to accomplish most of that.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"I appreciate that everything is linked"

What do you like best?

The combination of interface, how everything is linked, and how most programs can be accessed remotely.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to mail merge with attachments and the inability to log CRM's and merge with our CRM database has been frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Synching with our membership database and CRM softwares (ie: logging emails)

Recruiting, retaining, and tracking members.

Microsoft review by Marissa S.
Marissa S.

"Great usability"

What do you like best?

User friendly, awesome platform... love it.

What do you dislike?

Crashed occasionally without saving document working on.

Ease of use

"AX Review"

What do you like best?

- It offers most features an organisation would need in one solution - AX

- Ease of implementing and customisation

- Shorter implementation lead times when compared other ERP giants

What do you dislike?

- New versions are released before their time and hence are always full of bugs

- Replacing multiple disparate systems to one integrated solution - AX for a client

- Benefits will be realised in effective data management and savings in terms of maintaining just one system, getting rid of duplication of work etc.

Microsoft review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Microsoft Dynamics"

What do you like best?

East of use; organized and efficient....keeps my business organized.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes too many steps to get to where I'd like to be in the system

Organizing workflow is always difficult. I find it easy to keep on top of my follow up and service calls as well as tie in new business

Microsoft review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Fully customizable"

What do you like best?

The rapid development environment which is now moving over to VS.

What do you dislike?

The system can be slow in places but this is usually due to hardware falling below the recommended levels.

We're able to improve efficiency throughout the business as the whole application is fully customizable.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"a great experience all around really met my needs"

What do you like best?

it really helps with our marketing and has greatly helped our customer service

What do you dislike?

i tired using it for my financials but i was a bit lost when trying to figure it out

we are solving our marketing that was our biggest issue and the cloud has greatly helped us as well

Microsoft review by User in Information Technology and Services

"excellent for data based decision making "

What do you like best?

You can't beat this software when you need to make data based decisions for your company

What do you dislike?

While it can be difficult to understand at first, the learning curve is worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must try

Microsoft dynamics 365 for operations has transformed how we planned and executed business ideas

Microsoft review by Hugh L.
Hugh L.

"Microsoft Dynamics AX is an Excellent Choice for mid-sized companies..."

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation approaches. Microsoft Corporation backing. Great mid-sized company management.

What do you dislike?

Product lacks the global capabilities of its competitors. Especially around international and global entities.

Global Regulatory, Statutory,, GxP/Validated Environments and other Business Critical Processes and Systems.

Microsoft review by Hakim F.
Hakim F.

"Implementation and support"

What do you like best?

Easy drag and drop development as well as the ability to create multiple financial dimensions

What do you dislike?

I enjoy using the features in the application and have not come across any feature I can say I dislike

Finance

Microsoft review by User in Internet

"Overall hands on experience "

What do you like best?

This tool has do much flexibility and can be customized to each individual or company needs

What do you dislike?

Some of the appearance is not.flattering but that's more personal preference

Its helping keep an on going accounting system together and running smoothly

Microsoft review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Microsoft Dynamics CRM"

What do you like best?

Customization according to our needs. Data changes easier to make.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to customize and program changes. There are default views that cannot be changed.

A one stop shop for staff to keep their lists and update data changes made easier.

Microsoft review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Microsoft CRM - WatchOut !!"

What do you like best?

This is from Microsoft so it will be best integrated with any Microsoft products

What do you dislike?

Need to how good the CRM will be performing when working with other applications

Establishing better relations ship with consumers. Easy integrations with .NET and other integration tools. Easy to maintian customers.

Microsoft review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Efficient but not optimised for user-friendliness"

What do you like best?

It is well structured and it is customisable

What do you dislike?

It is not very user-friendly, you need to have a manual nearby if you are not an expert user. Poor connectivity with Salesforce

Production design and project management are well sinergized

Microsoft review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Solid product to keep track of inventory"

What do you like best?

It will connect with your relational database and allows you to view in an easy to use and navigate UI

What do you dislike?

Slowdown issues, sometimes it took quite some time to load

This was mostly used to keep track of Products, allowed us to do so seamlessly

Microsoft review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"CRM - F&O"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the ability to add on items.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the app to utilize this on a phone

I am organized and able to jot in formulas.

Microsoft review by Consultant in Retail
Consultant in Retail

"It works okay but the interface is clunky. "

What do you like best?

It is reliable and the learning curve is not too steep

What do you dislike?

The interface is clunky. Things must be done in a certain order or the program has hiccups.

Having one POS and delivery system company wide.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Lento, muy lento. No merece la pena."

What do you like best?

No puedo decir nada que me guste. Es lento y tedioso de manejar.

What do you dislike?

Todo. Lento, te mueres creando campos y tablas. Se cae. etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

No doy ninguna recomendación

Ninguno

Microsoft review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great tool for Outlook integration."

What do you like best?

I liked the integration with Outlook so I could easily log emails.

What do you dislike?

Web interface was not great. It used a lot of popup screens.

Help document sales activity.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"AX2012 R3 Business Systems Implementation"

What do you like best?

Ease of customisation and all objects available to user without need for expensive development tools

What do you dislike?

Having to use all the Microsoft stack to achieve some functionality

Systemising all manual processes, efficiencies, releasing user time

Microsoft review by User in Music
User in Music

"Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations"

What do you like best?

the optimization and it is very user friendly

What do you dislike?

sometimes get error messages but restarting does fix the problem

Sales

Microsoft review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Easy Purchase Requisition software "

What do you like best?

Simple, fast purchase requisition software

What do you dislike?

Inability to add notes to Accounts Payable department

Purchase requisitions, check requests

Microsoft review by Jason V.
Jason V.

"AX 2009"

What do you like best?

System is flexible and allows us to grow our business

What do you dislike?

N/A

Forecasting and Budgeting

Learning about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations?

* We monitor all Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.