Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales (formerly Dynamics CRM)

3.6
(863 reviews)

Microsoft Dynamics CRM automates sales, customer service, and marketing. CRM enables extensive customization. Deploy online or install on premises.

Work for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales (formerly Dynamics CRM)?

Learning about Dynamics 365?

Categories

Compare Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales (formerly Dynamics CRM) to Similar Solutions

Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales (formerly Dynamics CRM) Reviews

Showing 958 Dynamics 365 reviews
Dynamics 365 review by User
View Original

"We use Microsoft Dynamics every day and it works well. "

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales (formerly Dynamics CRM)
Dynamics 365 review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"Does perfectly, the best implementation and useful tool"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this product is the fact that is on cloud. The flexibility also allows it to be used widely in an organization as it expands. Despite making much work easier due to the integration that it allows, it also contributes in the maximization of the time resource.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about the product is the cost associated with it despite the many benefits it brings in an organization. The cost can thus be a burden to young companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has been easy to integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 with other Microsoft products like Office 365 making it suitable for our organization. Through the integration, it has been easy to have unified experience at work.

What CRM solution do you use?

Dynamics 365 review by Taylor B.
Taylor B.

"Easy Implementation, Amazing results"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Only thing I dislike is that most organizations are equipped to work with Google, not so much Microsoft

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product has diverse benefits. It might also have some shortcomings. Even though the benefits have outweighed the shortcomings in our organization, proper feasibility study will be helpful especially to the young organizations. However, for an already established organization Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the best for bringing together the CRM and ERP functionalities.

it has been easy to have unified experience at work. It has contributed greatly to the reduction of time wastage which is usually experienced when switching from one product to the other. Through this, the organization has experienced increase in productivity and effectiveness of individuals

Dynamics 365 review by Layne L.
Layne L.

"It is what you make it"

What do you like best?

Like many CRMs Microsoft Dynamics is largely as good as your team is willing to make it. It does all the CRM things a sales team needs.

What do you dislike?

There are some painful UI issues. The sign in/out process is terrible and frustrating. The "save" button is in the lower-right corner, next to absolutely nothing. The process you use to create a list view of accounts, contacts, leads isn't the most intuitive. For example, if you have multiple criteria that you would like it to treat as "or", you can't separate them with a comma, each thing has to be it's own entry. I know that's specific, but it's frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pricing is going up. Be sure to check with your other programs to see if they integrate with Dynamics, many don't.

We use dynamics to track sales through the pipeline. We've also integrated it with our systems so that it gives us shortcuts to create quotes and orders.

Dynamics 365 review by Gus M.
Gus M.

"Dynamics365 for Aussie Field Sales"

What do you like best?

All modern CRMs fundamentally provide the same functionality, however, Dynamics is an absolute standout as it works within Outlook. I utilise it everyday as a Dynamics consultant and know that like most sales people we are resistant of doing anything that requires additional effort! Its nice that sales people do not have to choose to use a different system to manage activities; they just keep using Outlook email and calendar, Dynamics manages it all for you

What do you dislike?

Dynamics 365 is a huge platform solution and there are many ways to implement and some features are just not intuitive such as enabling the Outlook connection. The form editor is not very user-friendly compared to other systems and dashboards although visually appealing are not very useful for field salespeople. These and other reasons are why I began AusDynamics365.com.au specifically for field sales as there needed to be a stripped back and specific offering for field sales with a rapid start - out of the box configuration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dynamics is a fabulous business platform that will be an invaluable asset to your organisation. The key is defining what you are hoping to achieve with implementing this system and choosing the right partner that can guide and challenge you to ensure the outcome is met. I am happy to provide some overview of many successful implementations over 10 years, drop me a line at contact@ausdynamics365.com.au

In field sales many organisations find each sales person has their own way or style in getting business through the door. The 80 / 20 rule applies in this industry where top salespeople bring in most of the business whilst the average to struggling field reps make up the rest. Dynamics provides the ability to replicate some of the effective processes the top salespeople use and assist the less performing reps with identifying real opportunities and nurturing the ones that are not ready to buy. The field sales manager finally has a holistic view of all sales team activities and can quickly identify areas that require attention due to lack of activity, neglected accounts, pipeline forecasting and close probability to report to delivery managers.

Dynamics 365 review by Abdul R.
Abdul R.

"Dynamics let me tailor my work according to my professional demands for lead generations. "

What do you like best?

I'm mostly facilitated by the way it manages and let me integrates my sales provision. It covers up the whole structure for me by mail updates, marketing and meeting schedules. A well structured database with and highly effective client management system , the dynamics have got lot more potentials to evolve the business and sales infrastructure.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard doesn't seems to be user friendly with much more complicated user interface, but once you get to know how the features and functionality its the best whole package CRM tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool has got much more potential than it seems in the very first look. Proper integration and plug-ins could replace this all other tools with Dynamics to fulfill all the CRM needs.

I have been using it boost our product sales and engage more clients with the help of it. It has high potential of handling complex tasks. We have been using it to customize our email campaign. Our sales team , are also implementing it to track the locations for the calls and target specific area for sales generation.

Dynamics 365 review by Carmen Elisa T.
Carmen Elisa T.
View Original

"CRM 365 "

What do you like best?

I use this application for the sales of the events I do, it is very useful because I can save the information of each company and especially schedule tasks such as reminders and important notes that allow me to better control my day to day and meet my client. also at the time of losing an opportunity I can write the reason and thus avoid that same error with the client so that in the next chance to gain another opportunity

What do you dislike?

At the time of technical support it seems very complicated to solve the problem, to associate through email tracking seems very complicated and sometimes I can not track the email with the information of the opportunity

Recommendations to others considering the product

my recommendation is that this application works for any company related to sales, in my case I work with corporative events and it helps me a lot in the organization of my work and to make the most of every opportunity to earn it

With CRM I have a better organization of my work and above all a better vision of my opportunities to follow up and do everything possible to win them. It is a tool that just log in and I have a graph with the most important opportunities and reminders of the actions I must do

Dynamics 365 review by Diego O.
Diego O.

"CRM 365 For Sales"

What do you like best?

It is a very good tool to manage business opportunities in which you can place the status of each one to measure it, be it Cold, Warn or Hot. I like that at the start of the session I have all the information in detail of each opportunity and see even the emails that I have done tracking. It alerts me when an opportunity takes more than 30 days without following up and I can attach tasks to each of the opportunities. When presenting my sales to the director I can do it through a graphic and demonstrate all the actions that I have done in each opportunity

What do you dislike?

what I do not like very much is that when making a search for new contacts the fact of registering a new client I feel that the process is very delayed, also when making a budget it is very slow and when I go to print the budget to word crossing I always have to make some modifications to get the sheet right

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good program for the commercial area of a company, the director has access to all the information of each of the vendors and in turn can see the current sales and businesses that are about to close. Also, you can see the reason why each business is lost or earned. very easy and practical to use with multiple tasks

The benefits that I have is the total opregization of my work and above all the ease of following up each of the business opportunities, it also helps me a lot in the organization of my daily tasks since I can do it through the task. It helps me a lot when I have to make a presentation to the director of my company

Dynamics 365 review by Myj P.
Myj P.

"Microsoft 365 review"

What do you like best?

365 is very good for business and students. There are many ways of making good use of all the applications in 365. One can even use it to organize a wedding or a party, using excel, one note, powerpoint and word. you can use it to communicate with people in business', and casual. You may also use it to keep your emails organized with your calendar.

What do you dislike?

you can not use all of your other emails with 365. You can only use specified emails that are linked with the application of 365.

attempting to connect specified emails to the current ones we have connected. Our greatest benefit with 365 is that we use excel to help with our financial department, and powerpoint to present and use word to put together everything.

Dynamics 365 review by Kelly C.
Kelly C.

"Very basic, not an effective product for recruiting"

What do you like best?

I like that I can work leads lists like an excel sheet, it makes it very easy to maneuver large data sets and make a lot of phone calls quickly. Importing large lists of data was very easy and it was easy to map to the correct fields.

What do you dislike?

It is not customizable for our business use. It is not as effective a product as something built for our business needs, such as Bullhorn. We never successfully got our emails to track from outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dynamics is a great product for a smaller company with less complexity in their business processes. It was not effective for our business use as a recruiting firm. It was reasonably priced for what we purchased. It was definitely a better tool for our front of house sales team than our back of house recruiting team.

High activity numbers are easy with the large data sets. We were able to sort out types of leads with a customized field to sort by, such as buyer, influencer, not involved, etc. The features that we were able to customize worked great, but there was a lot that we were unable to change.

Dynamics 365 review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Overall a great tool"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the tool. It was easy to get used to. Adding bulk SKUs is also easy, and the newest update allows for suggested parts to be added. It is an up to date tool, that is constantly working on improvements.

What do you dislike?

When creating a quote, there are a lot of steps that you have to take. Sometimes it takes awhile to get to where you want to be in order to send the quote, especially if you are on the phone with a customer looking to talk about the quote or a customer who has a specific question about the quote. I often find myself saying, "can you hold on while the quote loads", or "one second I have to get to the right screen and open the quote".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, you won't regret it. It just takes some time to adjust.

It is easy to add and delete lines on a quote, change margin, QTY, and discount. However, I cannot figure out how to add an end user to one line item and not another. Sometimes a quote is going to one reseller, but different end users... such as a co-term, or a customer that has more than appliance for different end users.

Dynamics 365 review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition"

What do you like best?

Integration with the full Microsoft suite of products. Level of customization and integration into 3rd party applications. The variety of different line of business modules is allowing it to be utilized by far more people/departments than ever before. The LinkedIn integration has made gathering Sales Analytics substantially easier and has accelerated my ability to find referrals and introductions for new business. The Outlook integration is also simple and easy to use and allows for all communication tracking within the Sales module with a click of a button.

What do you dislike?

The UI could definitely use some improvement, having used HubSpot previously, they had a great UI/UX. With the new Dynamics Business Edition, it appears they are addressing this and will ultimately do the same in the Enterprise Edition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a Dynamics partner who also uses the product religiously and is a perfect use case for leveraging its full capabilities. Having worked with Salesforce and HubSpot I can say Dynamics has been huge strides forward to not only compete with both products: Salesforce in the breadth of its offering / HubSpot in the ease of use and UI/UX benefits. I highly recommend Dynamics 365 for any of the following areas of focus: Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Finance & Operations, Field Service, Project Service Automation, Retail, and Talent.

The companies ability to track Lead / Contact / Company / Opportunity and create an efficient business process to move a prospect through the funnel. The company insight function within the Company record has been incredibly helpful in gathering data we didn't have before and merging it into the record. It's making it less necessary to leave the solution in order to track down other disparate data. With some of the new D365 functionality recently released, we are going to be able to generate quotes and invoices through the system using one business process from inception to completion.

Dynamics 365 review by Administrator

"Very simple, user friendly"

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about the software is how easy it is to quickly find a customer/lead and see the source and any past activity, whether it be from last week or last year.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I dislike about the software is the fact that if a lead has been converted into a contact and you have a careless salesperson who only searches for the customer name under 'leads', they'll create a duplicate, and the system won't stop them. I'd prefer if there was a way to search 1 time and the results will populate with any/all matching contacts, leads, opportunities, and accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small sales team, or have older sales reps, this is a clean and simple system that can be learned easily. If you work for a company with a tiny budget, this is a great choice. Our version that we currently are on does NOT include support. Microsoft wants $500 per phone call when we need help.

The business problems we are solving with the software is lead tracking and opportunity tracking. We are able to quickly and easily see where a lead is in the sales process.

Dynamics 365 review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Simple, Intuitive, Easy"

What do you like best?

I like Dynamics over SF (used SF for 7 years) because it is so simple to use. With SF, depending on your configuration, it can take 5-7 clicks to get to a simple piece of information. WIth Dynamics, it is just all in front of you with 1-2 clicks. The cost is a lot more businss friendly than SalesForce or anything else I have used (with the exception of the junky free stuff).

What do you dislike?

That it doesn't work as well on a Mac using Safari.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. You will not be sorry that you switched.

It gives our entire leadership team eyes on what deals are closing, where we are with other deals and great metrics around team input.

Dynamics 365 review by Gordon G.
Gordon G.

"Help Your Organization to Stay on the Same Page"

What do you like best?

Like any CRM software, Microsoft Dynamics 365 allows your company to share communications, leads and opportunities to make the best use of your team's time and effort. I particularly appreciate the integration with MS Outlook, although the plug-in is still a little rough and significantly slows down performance.

What do you dislike?

Although the ability to integrate ERP software with this CRM is useful, there seems to be some holes in the function. We've experienced many instances where customers are not properly assigned to the correct salesperson, which can lead other sales people to duplicate efforts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Assure that your current ERP integrates with the CRM, so your current customers and transaction history can be referenced easily.

Microsoft Dynamics 365 allows sales people to quickly check to see if a particular customer is already being prospected by another salesperson the their company. This is especially useful if the company in question is not a current customer and doesn't appear in the ERP.

Dynamics 365 review by Miles C.
Miles C.

"Powerful and Adaptable, Slow at Times "

What do you like best?

Our company has been able to integrate various different custom systems into CRM/Dynamics 365 with great success. We have a unified place to hold everything that is very reliable and, though at times a bit slow, easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be cleaned up a bit. There are so many options, it would be helpful if there was a way to remove pages and tabs we don't use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very powerful tool, but I would imagine a ton of work is required to try to fully implement.

A great one-stop solution for pretty much everything we use in our sales and support roles. We can search and find anyone and jump right into the software we use the most in order to do what we need. Reduces clicks and repeat searches in other software. Makes us far quicker to get things done.

Dynamics 365 review by Jas B.
Jas B.

"Great CRM management, cumbersome and difficult event management"

What do you like best?

Ability to view and record many aspects of donor history including event participation, purchase/giving history, contact information, previous emails/letters, etc.

What do you dislike?

No integration for guest registration, many manual processes, every step takes so long, adding any data points or updating multiple records takes too many steps, very cumbersome and time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and figure out which tools you most require. Dynamics has been great as a solely CRM platform but we have experienced issues when using it to send emails to donors, manage marketing projects, and especially manage events. Might be more useful to you as one tool rather than the only tool.

Particularly as it relates to managing an auction, entering event items, bidder numbers, event participations, collecting payments, receipting donors, and managing GIK are the requirements needed. The ability to record and manage these exists and are recorded for historical purposes which is a huge benefit, but the process is not a pleasant one.

Dynamics 365 review by Anna L.
Anna L.

"Microsoft all the way!"

What do you like best?

I grew up using Microsoft so I thought I would give this a try. Firstly the graphics are great, everything is coloured differently so you do not get confused. I like that it gives you multiple topics on the dashboard like "all activity", "sales leaderboard", "goal progress" and so much more. You can add as much to your dashboard as you like, the information is easy to put in and you aren't struggling to try to find out where to put information.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit difficult to follow at first, some of the information I had to Google to figure out how to use. Some of the "follow along" instructions were a bit difficult to understand, had to reread it a few times. Other than that no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to have some idea of what you are doing and what you are looking for otherwise you will become very confused and get frustrated at the design. It took a few months to fully get a hand of the program, I would recommend especially since this program is so pricey, that new users have a better understanding of what to expect.

There are no issues with the product or Microsoft. This has been beneficial because it helped me with sales and to keep track of what I am doing. For my business, I need to keep track of how many sales I am expected to have in a week or month, and how much pay I am expected, who is my returning customers and etc. Now that I have found this program I am on top of all my sales, I know how much I expect when and how to handle it.

Dynamics 365 review by Gabriela B.
Gabriela B.

"Adapt your company to the digital age with Microsoft Dynamics"

What do you like best?

This tool, is like a team working at once in different departments, has artificial intelligence, accounts with the tools of office (Word, Excel, Power Point) to be part of the pros for you and your team, with which you can make month-end closing, among others, gives you a global view of the market, advises you so you can improve your sales processes, billing and collection

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately I could not use the application because the plans are paid and does not give you the opportunity to see in depth all the tools it brings and the help it can provide for the forms and sales processes and anticipate trends to improve processes.

With this software, you can attack something very important as it is, time and money, you can solve your sales processes closely monitor and see all processes in real time, is a super complete application, practical, you can anticipate sales trends to build a good sales strategy

Dynamics 365 review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"I love the Microsoft Dynamics!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can sell products using this system a lot easier than having to be face to face. I think that using this system puts all your information in an organized and high technology helps sell the product much easier! I think that getting the trial edition will help you realize how much technology this program has and how fast you can start using the enhancements that this offers. I love that it is a well known company so. I build my trust on everything this program offers.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about it Microsoft is a trustworthy program!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend others to this program because it will solve so, many issues you might have with getting information into one place and making sales go up tremendously! I dont know what how I got everything done without this program. I think it will save you so, much time and money to get started on this now. I did the trial edition but, plan on using it from now on.

I'm solving a lot of sales issues of not having the right information and not being able to get to all of my sales quotas in an efficient manner. When I'm feeling like information isn't organized I have this program to fall back on to be able to get all my sales done in a quick way that will not leave anything out.

Dynamics 365 review by James G.
James G.

"Used Dynamics 365 as a Contractor"

What do you like best?

I worked as a contractor and did not use the tool; daily but I was sent on training and was happy with the product in general. The interface seemed pretty thought out and once I had become used to the drill down's etc. the product worked well. I liked the pull down menu's however it did take time to get used to them In general I was happy with the product. Entering new customers and opportunities worked well and it was easy to search for customer and to see if anyone else in the group was calling or had called on a customer.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I really disliked. I think that the one issue I had was that to maximize and minimize a screen I had to use the Alt key and if a week or two had passed I forgot the command and had to find the training manual and look it up. Like any tool the data needs to be updated and it would be nice to hover over a user name and see when the data was entered to check if the person may be a very aged contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not looking for the smorgasbord of functionality provided by SF.COM then this is a good product.

I think the main benefit of the tool was that as a group we could all see where people where calling and this helped us minimize wasted calls.

Dynamics 365 review by Jeff M.
Jeff M.

"Dynamics 365 for Sales is an excellent CRM"

What do you like best?

Dynamics 365 for Sales can be customized to do pretty much anything to fit your companies needs.

What do you dislike?

The price is a little high when compared to smaller CRM solutions but comparable to larger CRM solutions such as SalesForce. However, the pricing is currently increasingly significantly from what it was when we first started using this product. It's not easy to start using this product out-of-the-box. You will need to have a good admin team or leverage a partner to help you get started.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend having a good internal IT team to support this product or leverage a partner which will incur a significant cost. Otherwise, I would suggest going with a simpler solution that is ready to use out-of-the-box.

Dynamics 365 for Sales is providing us with a very good CRM solution that we use to record Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, Orders and Invoices for all of our Accounts. We will be migrating our Support Team to use the Service side of this product as well. With both Sales and Service using the same product, both of those teams will have visibility to all information regarding Accounts.

Dynamics 365 review by Emily G.
Emily G.

"Multi purpose"

What do you like best?

I like best that I can keep track of so many things in one place for my customers. I can see all previous contact, both by myself or others. It's one place for all documents, able to keep track of completed tasks, history of the customer, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that more of their documents and document statuses are not automated. I have to manually flip the status to "completed" or "in progress" if something has not been completed. I would prefer if when the customer completed whatever task necessary on their end, it was automatically flipped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work between different teams to make sure everyone uses the Microsoft Dynamics 365 in the most efficient way. The program only works the way it was designed when the entire organization, or anyone that has contact with the customer, utilizes the software in the best possible way. Change the document statuses as soon as they are completed, upload all necessary files/documents directly related to the customer, etc. Training sessions are also very helpful, because there are so many different aspects of CRM and employees need to learn how to use it all

Keeping track of all communication with the customer is so important. I can see all of my previous conversations or sent emails, but also any other communication the customer has had with anyone in the entire organization

Dynamics 365 review by Rachel G.
Rachel G.

"Microsoft Dynamics 365"

What do you like best?

I believe that the program allows for a faster processing, whereas the old program wasn't as fast and up to speed with all that was going on. It truly allows me to process my work faster and helps me cut the time in half!!! I really do have a great time with this program! I feel like the the online help that the program offers is superb, and allows for us to have a faster time troubleshooting whatever is on the program that is bothering me.

What do you dislike?

I actually truly enjoy the 365 program, and I do not have any hard feelings toward any parts of it! I suppose that it can always be made faster, as with almost any programs these days. The way the world is these days, you really need to have updates almost daily, in order to keep up with the times. I think that if it was fine tuned, it would truly help the amount of time I process my work. I also think that the wait time once I have to troubleshoot something can cause my work to be a bit delayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The recommendations that I would offer would be to make sure that the program is actually suited for the work that you are doing, ensuring that you maximize the potential!

I troubleshoot almost anything that occurs within the company I work for. It helps me focus the problem and pinpoint what I need to do in order to ensure that the troubleshoot works properly.

Dynamics 365 review by Judah K.
Judah K.

"The Most Flexible, Accounting Software to make your business grow and adapt in real time. "

What do you like best?

Microsoft Dynamics 365 for financials is the most comprehensive business management solution that easily and seamlessly connects people and processes. Dynamics is deeply integrated with Office 365 and includes built in intelligence making it easy to create and share reports that help me make better business decisions for my business. It puts flexibility at the core of my business, enabling me grow at my own pace and adapt in real time, out of this, i have been able to start small with the right fit for employees roles, my industry and business needs, hence enabling me to only pay for what i need.

Dynamics 365 automatically pulls my systems and processes together so my people don't have to, getting my entire firm in synchronization.

It ;-1. Has enabled me deploy a single comprehensive solution for my business- Ms Dynamics automatically pulls systems and processes together to manage financials, sales, service and operations.

2. Has enabled my business connect with 3rd party applications like payroll, banking, CRM, or industry-specific systems

Ms Dynamics has connected my people and processes with a single, unified solution, making my data quickly and easily shared with key people throughout the firm.

What do you dislike?

Some firms my not like their data in the cloud despite how its security is assured.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ms Dynamics is an amazing software for enhancing your productivity as it reduces the losses involved when you are forced to toggle between multiple applications, instead users can take immediate action directly from a single screen to confirm any process or action to a customer.

Microsoft Dynamics has enabled me automate critical processes with ease to create workflows and audit trails that secure processes without adding complexity. I have been able to grow with this product, and i have been able to easily add applications and configure Dynamics to fit business needs and my industry demands. Due to its flexibility to integrate with other functions like payroll, banking and CRM systems it has been easy for my team to share the current data and respond to customer requests faster with the most accurate information.

Dynamics 365 review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"A good CRM system"

What do you like best?

We are able to manage our client relationships from one place, holding all of their data making it easily accessible across the company. The dashboards are incredibly helpful in interpreting sales data.

What do you dislike?

A single contact record cannot be associated with more than one company. A lot of our clients manage multiple sites so we have a lot of duplicated contacts. Users often find the system frustrating when it doesn't work - it can be slow, there's issues with it working in Edge and there are limits to the customisations available.

The Outlook connector is difficult to use, we have downloaded with mixed success, sometimes slowing outlook down to unusable speeds and others being unreliable to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had a poor experience setting up the system because the company we used to support us were inefficient. Ensure you use a partner that you trust, and preferably have experience with, who knows and understands your business processes.

Click Dimensions is amazing and has really enhanced our use of Dynamics CRM.

We go through third party for more complicated support matters, Microsoft are difficult to get a hold of for support.

Monitoring sales performance, the dashboards enable managers to see at a glance how their teams are doing. It's easy to delve deeper into the data to see what's going on. Email marketing is done through CRM including use of surveys. Website enquiries come straight into CRM to allow users to follow up seamlessly.

Dynamics 365 review by Nancy M.
Nancy M.

"Dynamics 365 for Sales Delivers"

What do you like best?

Out of the box, the system is ready to go, so if you've never used a CRM before you can jump right in and get started. It is very easy to import data using Excel templates generated by Dynamics so you aren't starting completely from scratch. The system is also very easy to customize without needing any programming knowledge. The iPhone app works very well out of the box as well, and customizations to the cloud version are automatically passed to the app.

What do you dislike?

Even though customization has come a long way since the early versions, there are still a few things that would be helpful, such as the ability to roll up opportunities from child accounts onto the parent account record. Opportunity totals can easily be rolled up, but not the actual opportunity listing. Licensing is limited to either full access or read only, something in the middle would be helpful as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of the trial version to play with the system, do some customizing to your specific requirements, dump some of your own data in and see how it will perform.

We use Dynamics 365 to manage all of our accounts, contacts, opportunities, proposal development and generate numerous reports from it that are used to manage sales activity.

Dynamics 365 review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"One of the most complete CRMs on the market!!"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers a suite of functionality, not normally seen in most small, or standard CRMs.

The ability to create automated work flows, for data import and export is fabulous.

We love that it integrates natively with our Salesfusion Marketing Automation Platform.

I am a huge fan of the activity feed, which you can selectively push certain actions or data to. We like to ability to push all the email responses, opens, clicks, to this area.

This allows our reps to quickly and easily view any recent activity on the account that marketing has deemed of interest.

What do you dislike?

Cannot view the amount of exact data stored within your entities.

This is a huge issue if Dynamics 365 only offers a limited amount of cloud storage per CRM.

For example, I believe the first cap of cloud memory beings at 10GB for entry level dynamics CRM users. Like ourselves, we have a lot of integration data and addons, which it would be very nice to understand how much data is being pushed and stored inside Dynamics 365 custom entities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using this if you're interested in working with another Microsoft product that allows for enterprise level contact management as well as a suite of other features for business enhancements and alignment.

We are able to easily track our accounts, leads, contacts, opportunities, jobs, projects, emails, follow ups, tasks, including integrations to all of our favorite tools, like a marketing automation platform such as a Salesfusion!

The Dynamics 365 allows us to easily streamline and connect our marketing activities with our Sales department, to ensure alignment in the tech stack.

Dynamics 365 review by User

"Better suited for traditional sales"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Dynamics is better suited for traditional sales, rather than trading. There is very little continuity between screens, and I have found that the customizations I want to incorporate are not necessary added in meaningful ways that help grow my business. I am better off to continue tracking my business trough an excel spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Dynamics is better suited for traditional sales, rather than trading. There is very little continuity between screens, and I have found that the customizations I want to incorporate are not necessary added in meaningful ways that help grow my business. The time it takes to enter the data and flip between screens leads me to believe that I am better off by continuing to track my business trough an excel spreadsheet.

We are able to provide management with visibility into our efforts, rather than only tracking business that has been successfully onbaorded.

Dynamics 365 review by Peter C.
Peter C.

"Dynamics CRM"

What do you like best?

Dynamic CRM has been part of our core applications for some time it fits with our other applications. As it runs on Azure it means we can allow interactions with the CRM and maintain high compliance.

What do you dislike?

We have been working with Dynamics before moving to the cloud 365 suite. This allowed us more freedom with developing connections with our in-house applications. We have since purchased SharePoint 2013 to maintain compatibly and act as a broker. This has worked out well in the long run although took us some time to adapt to new workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, We actively encourage people to switch to the the 365 lineup, the interaction with office is key for us ease of exporting direct to excel and not having to worry about CSV formatting and JSON errors which are common with other packages we use, including some in house projects

We use dynamics to manage client interactions specifically holding out customer database. Dynamics allows us to log and maintain a record for traceability and accountability. We have tried many other applications but none have the capability that Dynamics has given us over the years. Initially installed in 2011 we have grown along with moving packages.

Dynamics 365 review by David H.
David H.

"Best all around software for the company"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. The best thing about it is anyone can use it and be able to do what they need to do. All the software is on the website that you can switch back and forth at anytime. Everything you need is just a click or two away. No need to switch to another site to look for what you want.

What do you dislike?

Multiple log in failures. When logging it, it will not always get your information correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make one log in for all the different types of formats that 365 has and make it simple and easier on the eyes to read. Not a lot of people have great eye site so the words come out very blurry.

Logging in and the overall set up. It needs to be better organized.

Dynamics 365 review by Amela V.
Amela V.

"Works great for advertising business and sales/promotions"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use the most because I have tried to connect with an advertising business before and that was way more stressful than doing it on my own. This software is extremely easy to use considering I am able to type in numbers (estimated sales based on an individual, their # of sessions/purchases and their type of purchase) which makes my business that much easier to keep track of

What do you dislike?

I cannot say i dislike anything except maybe the price after a year or so!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that others know that this is all about tracking sales and numbers and estimating revenue, etc. before purchasing it. It is very useful in the business/sales department so i highly recommend it to anyone who is needing assistance with keeping up with data in a more accurate way or helping their own company (even if they are self employed) grow exponentially by being more accurate with their data.

I am solving problems of me trying to keep track of sales and estimated sales on paper when its much easier with the software since it is more organized and the math is done for you!

Dynamics 365 review by Kanika K.
Kanika K.

"Easy Solution for Sales "

What do you like best?

It makes selling process easy, fast and secure. Apart from this, the visual presentation is effective, which helps in understanding the sales properly.

What do you dislike?

sometimes there is an automatic shutdown issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software as one of the best software for assessing and predicting future sales. The price at which the software is sold is also good as you get lots of features at such a great price. Also, I would like to appreciate and thank Microsoft for developing such a great solution for sales.

i am handling my sales forecast with the help of dynamics 365.

it helps in recording sales and also helps in managing inventory.

Dynamics 365 review by Bailey C.
Bailey C.

"CRM gets the job done, though lacks certain qualities to make it more efficient. "

What do you like best?

I like how organized CRM can help you be. I can organize all of my clients into different categories and access them quickly. I can also organize by last date spoken to, this helps keep track of when I am speaking to who and how frequent.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how CRM looks, it is not very user friendly and it takes a while to learn. It also can be frustrating that you cannot delete groups. Once you have made a group it is there forever. I have groups from years ago that I wish I could delete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the best possible way to keep track of your clients and how often you speak to them.

There are not many problems, only that sometimes it is difficult to upload documents in a timely manner. Often times it quits on you.

Dynamics 365 review by Kerensa M.
Kerensa M.

"Mircosoft Dynamics 365 for Sales Review"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of and use of multiple uses within the hub make it very easy to switch between whatever use you need. I like that the user is able to use the full-features of the desktop version from other user interfaces. It creates a better environment for flexibility and mobility -- all you need to do is download the Microsoft 365 for phones and tablets if that is where you are planning to use this program

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be a bit intimidating if you aren't familiar with it. If you want to use other portals, there is a cost that you must pay. I would like to see more compatibility with extensions within the Microsoft product (SharePoint, for example). Even though there is a lot of flexibility, there currently isn;t a client application program interface (API) available and little to no support for on-site deployment. There server code adjustments are not allowed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needs more extensions – such as Microsoft SharePoint – as solutions in Microsoft AppSource, if it hasn't already been implemented.

Invoices are easily trackable. It's very mobile -- it doesn't need to be used only on a desktop. It does a great job of storing customer service and knowledge bases and also stores portal configurations in CRM system. The use of this program has solved lack of communication issues due to the program being able to sync tasks, appointments, and contacts -- it's easy for employees to be a part of all the action/movement within the office using this program.

Dynamics 365 review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Nice level of integration with Microsoft products, too many feature to be user friendly"

What do you like best?

Most of my work is done out of Outlook so it is very nice to have the integration to email. The continuity of using all Microsoft products is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

Likely a configuration problem as much as a product problem, but there are so many fields in the CRM that it is not user friendly. It takes a significant amount of time to simply put in the basic information and it feels like you need to enter the same pieces of information multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the basics and build up to the more complex features. Make it easy for the sales team to enter basics and allow them to go back and add detail later.

The product is used to manage the sales pipeline. The biggest benefit I have seen and would like to use more is the follow up feature. It does a very nice job of reminding users to reach out to sales prospects to continue the sales process.

Dynamics 365 review by Administrator in Supermarkets
Administrator in Supermarkets

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

Dynamics can be customized using out of the box functionality to one's business. It is fairly easy to navigate the back end and set up. It is also easy to navigate from an end user perspective. Having the screens look similar helps users become familiar with different tasks. The mobile version is easy to use for executives to check reports on the go. The mobile app is also easy for end users to use while on customer sites or when not by a computer.

What do you dislike?

The amount of things to customize are overwhelming. When trying to figure out admin controls to enable or disable a feature it can be challenging to figure out which specific control is the source. The mobile application requires more time than expected to ensure it is set up and similar to the desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a good partner/vendor to help with the set up and creation of the environment. It is a huge change regardless of the system you leave, so focus on training and documenting new process flows.

Connecting our sales team with information quickly to better serve our customers. Also making a one stop shop of customer information and details.

Dynamics 365 review by Meggie S.
Meggie S.

"CRM Review"

What do you like best?

I like that i can find everything with one search, and that there are multiple ways to find an account/contact/opportunity. It is also wonderful that i can track everything that I need based on the Opportunity function. There are many places to store information in CRM, which I find both helpful and somewhat difficult, as there are a ton of places to go to find items I may need, but may not have access to.

What do you dislike?

The search can be difficult because it doesn't pick up on pieces of accounts, rather you must be precise. Other than that i am a big fan of the program. I also dislike the fact that if i don't have the wording exactly right, I cant find an account. Having a tool to help me search for all/part of a word would be immensely helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel that while this software does need some coaching to understand, it is an excellent product.

Solving issues related to duplicate accounts and, as well as the ability to transfer bulk accounts to new reps. Very helpful!

Dynamics 365 review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A Frustrating Way to Drive Sales"

What do you like best?

The feature I liked best and regularly used was the Opportunity Pipeline. I could tag my colleagues and assemble a sales team and we could set/accomplish tasks for one another to collaborative sales.

What do you dislike?

For whatever reason, there were no notifications set up. This really slowed things down because the only way to know if an opp was ready to proceed to the next stage, or if a team member had completed a task was to go in and check it manually. This was particularly frustrating if I was working on several things at once. This CRM was not conducive to time management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're using in an environment with exceptional connectivity. At Zones, the CRM would frequently stop working, or take a very long time to generate quotes, and sometimes orders would not go through.

Keeping notes, managing activities for specific accounts/customers. The benefit I most realized was having one place in the CRM in which several individuals could work together on larger opportunities.

Dynamics 365 review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"D365 for Sales is more than CRM"

What do you like best?

Microsoft CRM become in the age of Dynamics 365 absolute value rich for all customers, who before had SalesForce or other SaaS CRM offers in mind. With it rich functionality and deep office integration it is already cool to use. A fast growing App-Market (appsource.microsoft.com) offer already more than 50 % of Integration, Industry- or addional Apps to start with a already nealry perfect package.

Seems to get free lancer developer or consultant resource for similar quality and price like for salesforce.

A great Partnership with Adobe will offer in future the marketing tool integration, each company might would like to get.

What do you dislike?

Well, actually D365 is a bit difficult to implement and ramp-up than usually one-page CRM offers. Comparing with similar rich products like SalesForce: It wins by price and outlook in future. Waiting for more easily customazing and ramp-up for Mid-Market Companies in next version.

Marketing APP is still not in market. Waiting next monthes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Each company with > 10 CRM users should give Dynamics 365 for Sales a review chance, before buying SalesForce.

From Standard direct usefull in CRM work. Can use with Outlook to check daily plans. Write E-Mails, follow contacts and task. Inclusive Social Engagement, Voice of the Customer and Gamification (well with one Sales employe like in our company, its already cool to game against myself :-) ).

Dynamics 365 review by Robert C.
Robert C.

"Great product if you are already using Microsoft Office"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease and speed with which you can edit lists/views using the editable grids or by opening the list in Excel Online. I no longer have to Export the data, save it to my desktop in order to make bulk edits or pivot tables. I also love the integration with SharePoint and OneDrive as I have these folders synced to my desktop so wherever I look I am seeing the same files and folders.

What do you dislike?

Like Microsoft SharePoint or even Excel, CRM can do so much that it is somewhat daunting. This does mean that setup can take longer as there are so many more options. Unlike some of the other CRM systems that start simple and let you add on functionality, Dynamics CRM starts big and forces you to strip things down to what you need.

Using Dynamics CRM we are able to manage all of our client tickets and sales opportunities, making sure nothing falls through the cracks. Because everything can be customized, we have built-in our business processes step-by-step and connected the system to our accounting system, quoting/purchasing software as well as our email and document management systems.

Dynamics 365 review by Kristin M.
Kristin M.

"Dynamic Application For All"

What do you like best?

This application is easy to use for any business type. I have had this application in use at my past two employers and never had an issue at any time. The application is pleasing to the eye but most importantly it has all of the necessities for assistance in helping with the flow of business in any market.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this application. I have never had an issue with it nor has any one of my users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely make the switch. I have not regretted once the decision to this application. If you make the switch you will be extremely happy with the ease of switching.

We have been solving the issue of keeping our clients organized and their contact information properly updated. It has been an easy way to always have the correct information for each account/client. Prior we had too many duplicate contacts, etc which made communication an issue.

Dynamics 365 review by Eric H.
Eric H.

"Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales"

What do you like best?

MIcrosoft Dynamics 365 for Sales is an enormously powerful Business Automation tool. And because it is fully integrated with Office 365: Outlook, Skype for Business, SharePoint, and PowerBI - Business Automation opportunities are both easier and more powerful than a single stand alone tool.

What do you dislike?

2017 Licensing and Marketing information was a bit unclear. The rumored Dynamics 365 for Sales for Small Business never appeared, and is rumored to be rethought in 2018. The inexpensive "Team" licenses designed for light-weight users, turns out to be honor system rather than a real light weight license as well. Some of the licensing around add-ins like Project Services are not as clear as they could be either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an Office 365 user and are looking for a more powerful way to automate business processes - contact a Microsoft Partner and setup a trial of Dynamics 365.

We regularly work with Dynamics 365 customers to evaluate and then simplify business processes often connected to ERP Systems. CRM often becomes the "single source" for a business object core to business operations - but surprisingly enough, usually not Customers. Dynamics 365 can be extended, just like its on-premises cousin to define custom business objects. We often use Dynamics 365 for Sales to build Vendor facing portals for: Warranty Sites where the core object is the key end-user component tracked by the Vendors unique Vendor ID (think automobile VIN number), allowing customers to track warranty claims for the manufactured item as it moves from owner to owner throughout its useful lifetime.

Dynamics 365 review by Karima L.
Karima L.

"Microsoft Dynamics"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Microsoft Dynamics is the versatility of the service it provides. My team can get a lot of work accomplished without having to stress or worry about deadlines.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike about Microsoft Dynamics is the pricing. My team started out using the Dynamics 360 plan to be able to access the full application, but it's $210 per user/month which is pricey for my small company that's on a budget. I chose Microsoft Dynamics because Microsoft is a brand that I fully trust.

The main business problem Microsft Dynamics solved was creativity, before using this product some people on my team weren't confident in their work or ideas but with this product, they can make their vision a reality.

Dynamics 365 review by Ashley B.
Ashley B.

"A step above using Excel as your database "

What do you like best?

With all of my previous CRM sales experience in Salesforce, the move to using MS Dynamics does not allow for much positive feedback. If I had moved from using an Excel sheet to MS Dynamics, I think there would be a greater chance of positive feedback.

What do you dislike?

Being a former power user of Salesforce and then coming on board with a company that is using MS Dynamics was beyond disappointing. The customization is just not there. With that being said, it would be difficult not to mention all of the day-to-day annoyances that I face in my role.

Reporting is an absolute disaster. For a quota-carrying rep, daily reports are a necessity. I can't even run a simple report showing all of my prospects and their current solutions. Absolute nightmare.

From an account view, there is no way to easily copy and paste a contact's name and information so I have to manually type their information into whatever other tools I'm using. If I'm looking at the history of closed activities on an account, I can't see any details of the contact related to the activity or the email body of the message that was previously sent. You have to click on that activity which brings you to a new window. Once you're done reviewing that activity, it forces you back to the main screen of the account instead of where you were in going through the list of closed activities. I estimate an additional 10 minutes of unnecessary work is added to every account I access. And I'm accessing 10-15 accounts daily at a minimum.

The search engine, you can't search for a phone number. If someone calls me back and doesn't leave a message. I can't type in their number and locate them in CRM. I can't locate someone by their email address in the search bar. To locate an account in CRM, you have to spell out the whole account name exactly for it to populate.

The activity list doesn't allow you to populate the account along with the activity. So you have to manually open up the account in another window while working through the activity. The activity filters don't allow you to view yesterday's tasks or your weekly tasks.

The list goes on and I'm sure that some of these areas could be resolved with a more informed admin or possibly more customization. But from a sales perspective, it is a daily torture to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend investing in Salesforce for your CRM needs.

The business problem being solved is organizing customer and prospect data in a slightly more efficient way than using an Excel sheet. The benefits realized are slight improvements in organization of your data.

Dynamics 365 review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"Pretty good, but a few misses"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create custom views for my pipeline, and make them available for the mobile app

What do you dislike?

The mobile app needs some work. it is very difficult to interact with Opps or create new ones. navigation is very odd.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you understand the complexities involved in migrating your business rules to the new platform.

we have a distributed sales organization, and using Dynamics 365 allows us to easily keep track of forecast and pipeline. the integrations with our billing software make tracking closed deals and populating invoices easy to manage.

Dynamics 365 review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Microsoft Dynamics 365 review"

What do you like best?

The ease of searching and advanced find options. It's pretty user friendly and the ease of use is great. It's easy to teach new employees and get them up to speed quickly. The functionality seem to improve with each upgrade to the software as well.

What do you dislike?

The speed at which the program runs - so slow and works a little clunky sometimes though that could just be on our own end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I only have experience with this platform so I'm not sure how it compares to other services but I've never had any issues with it. I imagine that it is fairly comparable if not ahead of other service since our Analytics and Busines Development team is really good at being on the forefront of new technologies.

Great database of past, current, and future clients. Love how we can track events, show rates and RSVP numbers.

Dynamics 365 review by Julian "Grey" G.
Julian "Grey" G.

"Very Dynamic"

What do you like best?

It is very adaptable and can be structured to fit your business. As a sales organization it is great to have the complete sales workflow with reporting and advanced finds that help you locate additional things. We will be adding more dashboards that will help our reporting on a manager and sales rep level.

What do you dislike?

I believe we aren't using it to its full potential so it would be unfair for me to comment on things I dislike because it is most likely available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It all starts with implementation. I would recommend working with a Microsoft Dynamic Consultant to help you get it right off the get go.

Customer communication, sales processes, workflows, and we have plans to continue solving more cases. Being able to have different views that are accessible by different teams really helps especially when you are a global company with different markets.

Dynamics 365 review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a solid application but falls short in key areas."

What do you like best?

I like the ability that Microsoft has of handling vast amounts of data and displaying it fluidly. My team (within a small company) uses it to track and manage CS data, including phone calls, emails and customer data. It works well to store the data, and it dutifully performs for this purpose. The dashboards and analytics are superb.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that it is clunky to customize and difficult to get the most out of the program. You must either dedicate significant time and effort to learn how to customize the program, or hire a professional consultant to assist. To become a power user you really need to undergo some serious training. Otherwise you end up with CSRs not using it to the fullest extent because they don't know how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot if you have a company that needs to track customer data and doesn't mind spending a lot of resources getting set up. Also keep in mind that you will need to be expert level (or have a consultant) in order to make any significant modifications to the program out-of-the-box.

We have solved the problem of not being able to keep our important customer records like phone calls and emails. Before using Microsoft Dynamics CRM, we used Excel spreadsheets. Being able to consolidate all our customer data is invaluable.

Dynamics 365 review by Natalie M.
Natalie M.

"Microsoft Dynamics CRM"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a useful system to allow you to keep all organisations, contacts and correspondence in one place. The integration with Outlook is a great concept as emails sent can be transferred into CRM without much additional work. The customisation of existing entities is simple and easy to do, and the creation of new entities is also very efficient. Most of the reporting is great and the views can be customised to each user.

What do you dislike?

The integration with Outlook needs work as can slow Outlook down and cause it to crash. Its annoying that sub-entities cannot be used in a view in the same way as standard entities, and also its hard to import into sub-entities. The system has not really been thought about well when considering a global organisation as things such as system views cannot be restricted by organisational unit. This means that personal views are used to do this, but they are linked to a user and not the system.

The graphs are only useful to records in the base currency as they it does a weird calculation for records in a different country. As there is only a base currency for the whole system, its not possible to specify the base currency for each business unit. It would be better to have a third currency for business unit. The system does not completely deliver what is promises to deliver and needs more work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the organisation structure. It could be better to have separate instances for each base currency as this would resolve many of the issues experienced with globalisation.

This provides a good option for a CRM system. It allows the (clunky) integration with Outlook which is a great concept although needs more work. Maintaining the customer contacts, sales opportnities and customer correspondence in one place is the primary benefit of the system.

Learning about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales (formerly Dynamics CRM)?

* We monitor all Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales (formerly Dynamics CRM) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories