Do you work for Microsoft Excel?

Microsoft Excel Reviews & Product Details

What is Microsoft Excel?

Office mobile apps give a familiar user interface optimized for use on your mobile devices. Review and edit documents at work, at home, or anywhere in between.

Microsoft Excel Profile Details

Microsoft Excel Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

Microsoft Excel Reviews

1-50 of 684 total Microsoft Excel reviews

Microsoft Excel Reviews

1-50 of 684 total Microsoft Excel reviews
Microsoft Excel review by Enderson V.
Ingeniero Industrial

"A Paradise for Numbers Lovers"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Excel is a paradise for Numbers Lovers, there is no Mathematical Calculation Program as complete as it is Excel. Excel has levels of learning because for anyone it is a secret that if you do not have a basic idea of ​​Excel it is very complex to use it.

It has many utilities, a very versatile program, not only to perform mathematical calculations, financial analysis, databases, among others. It is also useful for making Personal Financial calculations, it is ideal for Students among many other incredible things you can do with Microsoft Excel. It has usage amounts that it would take me hours to name them all.

It has a super extensive spreadsheet, you can have several jobs on a same page, because it allows you to do so. Excel is an extremely incredible program. I love

What do you dislike?

The only thing that displeases me about Excel is that when it is updated, it can be very expensive to do so.

Otherwise it is a fairly complete program.

I love all its functions and non-profit activities. I recommend it a lot, it's a pretty useful software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Microsoft Excel to the Number Lovers

Microsoft Excel has solved a number of important things both Personal, Professional and Labor. Because the Numbers are in our day to day and if the numbers are this Microsoft Excel. You can take Excel's finances and accounting easily with this Software.

Microsoft Excel review by Miguel R.
Customer Support

"Microsoft Excel, the best friend of your work and home when making datas and statistics"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Excel allows you to create all kinds of data, file, mathematical formulas, to take control of relations quickly. The information that is stored is collected very easily, changes can be made in regards to the display of tables, titles, values, among other aspects. The formulas that this program has are excellent because it allows to decrease the response of some items that we transcribe manually. It is an excellent graficador and if we need to look for specific values ​​we can do it through the filters. The formulas do not have much complication and are very diverse. When we find ourselves with very extensive data, we can compare them and find a common factor, our response code. Currently companies globally uses this program to bring their organizations. It can be programmed with certain specifications to interlace with other programs and upload it to the cloud to our mail. In short, an important ally for our work.

What do you dislike?

A negative aspect in Microsoft Excel is that if we handle a very extensive data, some values ​​can be skipped or not, because of the volume of information that it has. When we cross one data with another, we must be very aware of what formula to use, that is, place the amounts in numerical values ​​and that there is no impediment for the formula and the response to give is correct. The self-saving aspect should be placed to avoid loss of information.

The permission to use this program is a bit expensive, however it is not a limitation. We use Microsoft Excel, so that instead of being seen as an expense, it is a cost and allows us to generate income. In advance, we create databases that are a little simpler than the answers. The benefits are impressive, it is a program that collects and stores valuable information and if we need to locate something specific, it will do so precisely, even with a very nice visualization. The best program of the Office Package.

Microsoft Excel review by Victor Francisco G.
Victor Francisco González

"Excel."

What do you like best?

It is the calculation sheet that par excellence we use in the accounting area of ​​the company for the preparation of books and balance sheets.

With Excel we can present the data in a personalized way since we can format the cells in the most precise way.

It facilitates the internal search of data in the sheet, you can link different books and spreadsheets, this allows you to relate data from different sources in the way we need.

The creation of reports and tables are very useful functions to support decision making.

I like its ease of use and the number and variety of functions that are typical of spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

Some formulas are extremely complicated to understand and really in the documentation (help) of Excel I have not been able to find information that helps me to clear up the doubts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What I can recommend to other Excel users is that they use it for jobs associated with data on which analysis, graphs, reports can be detached, that is, the tool must be used appropriately.

In addition, although there are other softwares in the market with the same purpose as Excel, the latter is the product that is universally recognized as the best.

As mentioned above, this product is used to automate the accounting books and different financial balances of the company where I work, it is a specialized program in this area since it incorporates all the necessary tools to do so.

I find it very efficient and complete.

Microsoft Excel review by Joshua M.
Real Estate Specialist
Real Estate

"A robust spreedsheet application with a helpful interface."

What do you like best?

Hard to keep it to one. Upfront, it's the interface. There are few times I need to use the toolbar to do something. The interface has most of what I need. That could get clunky, but Microsoft has improved their interface over the years that now it is neat and tidy. And it works so well that finding what I need is not a chore. It all seems intuitive.

The pivot tables and charts. I can put my data into Excel and analyze it from different angles without much hassle. With index-match, I am able to seek out only the few things I need to look at from a larger group.

What do you dislike?

Big learning curve. It's not Microsoft's fault. It's just the nature of the beast; if you want the best, you have to master a lot. Fixing errors makes me want to pull my hair out.

I need to keep my business going. So, Excel helps me with cash-flow statements, amortization schedules, the impact of taxation, etc.

Microsoft Excel review by Santiago M.
Ingeniero Mecánico

"My Favorite Software! Excel ... I love it"

What do you like best?

As Mechanical Engineer of Profession, Many times throughout my studies I stumbled upon an Incredible Work Tool called Microsoft Excel.

Time later, Today I still use Microsoft Excel daily in my work.

For nobody is a secret that Excel is one of the best Calculation software that exists today. As for anyone else it is a secret that if you have never used this Program at the beginning it will not be easy to say. It is a quite complex application at the mathematical level that with the time of practice, development and much interest you can understand with more clarity

Excel is a Spreadsheet application very recognized at the Informatic level. This is a wide digital grid that has as main objective to perform calculations. Mathematical worth the rebound, this software has great functions, one of the most important and important the realization of Tasks and financial works, accounting, works with large amounts of formulas, with Excel you can write data in a table, make graphs bars, sort data among other large and incredible functions.

It has great tools that make the extraodinary something

Microsoft Excel belongs to the Family of Office Programs. It is very good, useful, easy to use and very entertaining, I recommend it 100%

What do you dislike?

In General, I have nothing Negative to say about Microsoft Excel, it is a useful and practical Software at all times. It's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

EXCELLENT

Microsoft Excel Brings all the functions that a company may need, with the simple fact that it serves to keep an accounting and financial statements in order is more than enough!

Congratulations for such an incredible software

Microsoft Excel review by Jenireé F.
Abogado

"Excel, The paradise of the Numbers"

What do you like best?

Excel is one of the main programs of the Microsoft Office Package.

Excel is based on a grid sheet, which is a spreadsheet. What I like the most about Excel is that you can add large numbers of numbers and do a quick and easy job

With Excel you have various functions such as:

* Data storage

*Accounting

*Boards

*Bars

Excel performs automatic works based on the cells of the spreadsheet. Doing jobs with Excel is easy and quick, with excel it facilitates the creation of formulas, equations and functions.

Excel is the best calculation program that exists!

What do you dislike?

* One of the things I do not like about Excel is that it takes up a lot of space. Even if you make an Excel Document short or small, this will take up a lot of space on your computer once you save it.

* Excel is only compatible with Windows It is not possible to view an Excel document on a computer that does not have Windows System. For example It is not possible to see an Excel Document in Linux Operating System

* Excel has the Right Security, since it is not entirely safe Excel documents can be seen by anyone

* The operations to be performed in Excel must be done Manually

Recommendations to others considering the product

ITS THE BEST

The Office Pack Programs are essential in every company.

Microsoft Excel is a very useful Software at Enterprise level. With Excel you can do your accounting, create invoices, Data Analysis, You can also create tables or data bars

Excel is the best Calculation program Currently.

Fundamental for any company

Microsoft Excel review by VICKI KARLINA V.
PROFESORA

"THE FAVORITE HOUSE OF THE NUMBERS, A NUMERIC PARADISE MICROSOFT EXCEL"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Microsoft Excel is the Effectiveness and the ease with which you can do financial activities!

It is a creative program to perform accounting, create database among others

I have worked with Excel for about 9 years and I can say that it is one of the best Calculation programs that exists in the Market. What I like most about Excel is that you can work with several tasks in the same spreadsheet.

Excel has a number of mathematical operations formulas that practically do your job on its own, it is a question of mastering the formulas and how to use them in Excel. It has a great potential that we could say is the number one program in Math Calculations.

What do you dislike?

During the time that I have worked with Excel, I have not been presented with any inconvenience regarding its development, I consider that Excel is a very useful and very satisfactory program for many people who use Excel

I highly recommend Microsoft Excel

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it a lot is the maximum

I work daily with Microsoft Excel and it is a key and fundamental piece for every company, with excel you can easily keep an organized accounting of the companies.

In my case, I use Excel to keep track of my students' notes, since it is much easier for me to use the addition and subtraction formulas faster and more dynamic and entertaining. Excel practically performs everything on its own

Microsoft Excel review by Keila B.
Especialista en atención al cliente

"Microsoft Excel: The best program to prepare tables and results statements."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Microsoft Excel is how it allows me to work large volumes of data in a fast and efficient way, it allows me to create dynamic tables and it is so simple to use that it can be used for all kinds of tasks from the simplest an attendance list until the most elaborate, such as creating a results status table. Undoubtedly it is a software that can be used in any area and is very useful for ordering data quickly.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about Microsoft Excel is that sometimes the program slows down when they are deposited in a large amount of data and sometimes tends to close abruptly, in addition to work the graphics becomes a bit difficult and achieve the finished desired is not a simple task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Excel is a software that is very easy to use, in addition to having an extremely wide number of applied uses, currently in the market you can find similar programs, but with total security you can say that none of them have the benefits of Excel, maybe the price is a little high but believe me that quality is worth it.

Microsoft Excel is a program that I use daily in my work, it allows me to organize the data and the elements related to the clients that I attend, this data is used to measure the quality of the service we provide in the company. The program greatly facilitates the quantitative measurement of the desired results.

Microsoft Excel review by Liam W.
Financial Controller
Accounting

"A powerful and in depth spreadsheet solution. "

What do you like best?

I love how diverse the utility of Excel is, and how many different things you can accomplish with it. I use it for everything spreadsheet and data storage and querying related, and it is yet to let me down.

Runs like a dream and I've only scratched the surface.

Pivot tables and who is queries are seamless and once you know how to do them are a breaze. The help utility is incredibly useful (and has saved me more times than I can count, I am ashamed to admit). So yeah Excel is fantastic for database management and querying (despite it not being its predominant usecase). It integrates nicely with Microsoft Access too.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes lags and stutters a little when using older machines or working on ridiculously large spreadsheets, but that is to be expected. This may be down to my hardware, but even so, ideally it would run smoothly regardless so it is a small gripe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use it in your use case first to save you having to constantly look up formulas and such: this will save you so much time in the short and long run.

Forfills my every spreadsheet need with the capacity to do so much more. Huge amounts of data storage, management and querying are possible and easy thanks to Excel, I have never bothered looking for an alternative as it isn't broken, so why fix it. Any alternatives I've happened across are not even in the same league.

Microsoft Excel review by Terran R.
Private Tutor/Mentor
Computer Networking

"Love the advance functionality of Excel I've become an Expert over the past two years."

What do you like best?

I like the built in statistics functions and the graphs and charts that are so seemless to make once you have input your data and formulas correctly. I also really like the "whatif" function and the add-on tools that are out there to do all kinds of specialized tasks.

What do you dislike?

Cant think of anything I don't like other than keying in the data if its not already in a table somewhere but that rarely is the case. Excel is useful in every type of situation whether you are forecasting sales, bidding a job, doing risk assessment, or just creating a table that auto updates a date field or total it is my go-to tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a class or take the time to learn all the basics so when you need to start using the advanced functions they will be easier to navigate and utilize for all your business tasks that involve math or lists or tables and charts/graphs. Excel is the most useful tool in our office, and in my home for that matter. I would totally recommend it for the office and the home as it is something I use everyday.

What business problem can't you solve with Excel would be easier to answer, I think excel is helpful in most all business related tasks.

Microsoft Excel review by Greivin Raúl N.
Ingeniero de Proyecto

"Excel-lent for everything"

What do you like best?

I like everything about excel, but the most I like is the macros and the table format. Is so much secure to work with tables and names, more than just arrange data in rows and columns.

Filtering data by color, codes (using the concatenate formula), conditional format is always a well known tool.

And of course, the hypothesis resource.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes excel gets freeze, but I think this is locally, because I use it in a so intense way. I usually work with more than five sheets open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Naturally, Excel works for lots of issues. If you have not tried it, you definitively should. It is known that you can do magic in excel. From making simple reports, to tables, to dynamic tables and also games.

Reports, comparisons, we have another system for accounting and earned value, with we can extract data from and prepares lots of reports, graphs... directly in excel.

We also make presentation directly in excel, sometimes instead power point.

Now, we're trying to explore Power BI and excel continue being the principal base for data info.

Microsoft Excel review by Alberto A.
Corredor de Seguros
(Myself Only)

"THE BEST AND MOST EASY SOFTWARE"

What do you like best?

Particularly I like it a lot, excel facilitates the way in which different calculations are made, you can create formats according to the requirements of each person, it can be as much for something simple as for advanced things where different tools are used, I like enough your graphics and the way in which they can be understood, is a question of knowing how to use it and know it, because it is quite profound. I have been a satisfied Excel user for quite a long time. Excel has made the date storage very easy and it allows the user store and organize large amount of data in spreadsheets. Excel is the best spreadsheet software available, and in my opinion is the most important software for any company.

What do you dislike?

Excel is an amazing software, but there is one thing i dislike. User cannot reset the password of protected files. There are few fixes I found on forums but Excel should have a method to reset the password of protected files. It can be a little bit too expensive getting the license for using the full version, and therefore unlocking all of its features. Plus, for some inexperienced users, Excel could be a little complicated to use, and more so to master

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Excel to others

I use Excel to make my invoices. I use all the functions in it, from the formulas to the fact that I can link cells from one page to the other of the document. So I've a great customers list with all the data and an easy way to make an invoice very fast. It´s easy: I can organize any work or personal content in tables and rows, in a way that keeping track of things is really easy. Also, when I need to organize some numbers and make automatic calculations for my personal business, I can easily achieve this with the help of excel, instead of spending hours with a calculator. Excel is a real versatile tool.

Microsoft Excel review by Emma M.

"Great Tool for Data Entry/Coding"

What do you like best?

Excel is extremely diverse in its functionality. I have been using it every day for four years and have only tapped into a small fraction of its capabilities. I work as a coding specialist for an HDFS professor and I could not do my job without this software. It is great for data entry and coding, as well as data organization.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Excel can be a bit overwhelming since is capable of so much. There are also some "glitches" that arise every so often that are a nuisance when trying to work quickly, but I can get them sorted out most of the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excel is an incredibly useful software that can meet a variety of needs in all industries. Take your time in learning it and becoming acclimated with its many capabilities, and it will be one of the most valuable resources you have in your job.

Excel is the best software of its kind for the data entry and coding we do on a regular basis. It is relatively easy to use, and the functions you can perform to chart and manage data are incredibly helpful and time-saving.

Microsoft Excel review by Jhonny Alberto M.
Ejecutivo de ventas
(10,001+ employees)

"Microsoft Excel: an essential program for work in the office."

What do you like best?

One of the things I like about Microsoft Excel is that to use the program the user does not have to know the programming language or how to configure the software, it has a fairly simple interface that allows access to all types of professionals . Simply write the data into cells and columns and use the formulas to integrate the data. In addition to all the above mentioned Microsoft Excel has a good number of predesigned templates that serve as a starting point to develop your own work as well as also allows you to create charts, tables and statements of results in a quick and easy way.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I do not like about Microsoft Excel is that the program tends to hang when working with high volume data. This undoubtedly means a serious problem because sometimes in my work I use large data sets and it does not allow me to work in the desired way. In addition, the program filters have many problems with large numbers. Actually Microsoft Excel provides a good amount of space to store data, but that space is limited and does not work properly very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although there are many free office programs on the market with features similar to those of Microsoft Excel, none compare in quality or performance, perhaps its price is considered a bit high by some but without a doubt is one of the Smarter investments that can be made, I really recommend it with your eyes closed.

Thanks to Microsoft Excel, I can prepare product sales sheets, which show in detail available quantities and unit prices and by boxes of the products that the company sells, in addition to making lists of customers and pending orders they have, all in the simplest way thanks to the friendly interface of the program.

Microsoft Excel review by Jacob G.
Operations Systems Analyist
(10,001+ employees)

"Excel is a great tool for creating lists and spreadsheets "

What do you like best?

What I like best about excel is that I can create my own refreshable reports because it supports ODBC connections to SQL data bases. It's an easy way keep track of logs and records. I like how I can choose to share reports with co workers and customers via email.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the errors are hard to locate, for example if I have a big report and an error shows up, it's not clear about defining where the error is and doesn't tell me which cell is causing an error.

The Business problems we are solving using with excel are operations reporting and data needs.

I realized that I've really improved my skills with building reports and using SQL for reports. I learned how to use the formats and making a report have a nice appearance through excel.

Microsoft Excel review by Yoselin C.
Personal docente

" Excellent tool for the automation of information, administrative control and database management."

What do you like best?

It is an application used in financial and accounting tasks, which allows to establish formulas, use graphics and also incorporates a programming language that makes the work more comfortable, fast and easy. The files produced in Microsoft Excel show a better presentation if you want, since it has tools for it. This tool has as its main advantage the interaction with other software destined to the elaboration of data bases, which allows the automation and that lighten the process.

What do you dislike?

It only has compatibility with Windows and Mac. Files made in Microsoft Excel take up a lot of hard disk space. Sometimes it is not easy to use, since it requires a good investment of time to achieve an optimal and thorough use of the different features offered by Microsoft Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The updates should be more followed and with improvements in the formulas, since in each update some of the names of the functions change, as well as continue to offer improvements in other features. It should be evaluated that the files generated by the user occupy less memory inside the computer.

I perform accounting, payroll and database calculations with the program. In particular, in my work as a teacher, I train students in the program, so they can perform administrative and accounting tasks in the companies where they do the internships. In addition, in excel I keep the record and control of notes and evaluations of my students.

Microsoft Excel review by Yorgina C.
Especialista de proyectos
Government Administration

"Excellent tool to develop calculation bases, administrative and financial control."

What do you like best?

In excel you can develop what you want, from databases to small systems that help you with the control of your accounting, financial runs very quickly applying macros that perform the calculations automatically.

The potential that this software has, multiple pre-established functions or others that can be developed is very wide.

What do you dislike?

I have almost no cons of this program, because it has been a great help for many years. Maybe, it would be just how slow the computer can turn when you run a very large macro, but that's mostly because of the ability of the PC

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excel has been a great help for administrative and financial control, I highly recommend it, the use that can be given to this software is very varied.

Users who have knowledge in programming, can develop with Excel any system that you may require.

Excel has helped me since I was in college, especially doing the audit worksheets.

Currently, in my work it is still the office tool that I use the most, an example of this, is that we develop a financial run with macros, which performs the calculations automatically, streamlining our work.

I have made data bases to take administrative and financial control in all the companies that I have worked, it is a very useful support tool.

Microsoft Excel review by Francy Haylen O.
Docente

"Tabulating accounting information through the excel tool."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Excel is that it allows me to create graphs and arithmetic operations, in addition to allowing me as a user, to customize my calculation sheets adjusted to my own needs. If I use creativity, the tool allows me to use styles so that the information is not boring. I have learned to get the most out of the tool to obtain the desired accounting results. It allows me to contain numeric, alphanumeric, text, etc. data in each of the cells, to make a calculation sheet.In particular, the templates that posse the application allow me to save time, speeding up the work to be done.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about excel is that it is only compatible with windows and mac, if I wanted to use it with another application like linux or another, I could not use it. I have made tabulations with dates back to the year 1900 and I have found that it is insufficient, or falls short.

I must admit that you need to take training courses to get the most out of the tool to achieve the expected result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend excel because it saves us time, money and effort, speeding up any type of work that allows the maximum performance and the highest productivity.

Each version that comes onto the market has allowed me to do fewer operations, performing more functions and operations for my organization. If we know the tool, it will be very useful for any area of ​​work. It is a practical and effective tool.

Microsoft Excel review by Maria Francia G.
Asistente personal

"The best spreadsheet to present your financial operations easily."

What do you like best?

What I like about Excel is that you can consult different data with a wonderful tool such as dynamic tables, it is so easy to use that you can execute any type of operation from the most basic to the most elaborate. It is a software that can be used in any area and it is very useful to order data quickly.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that sometimes Excel closes abruptly, which causes an irretrievable loss of data and especially of time because you have to start all over again. What makes this wonderful program less efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Excel because it seems to me a very complete, easy and effective software; It can be of great help for the business or personal area. We save money, time and effort to maximize our productivity.

Being a versatile and comprehensive software can be used in any area of work from school to the office, it is fast, easy, practical, effective and in an orderly manner. We can do personal and group work.

Microsoft Excel review by Carmen A.
Directora de Metodologia y Analisis Electoral
(10,001+ employees)

" I love working with excel because it is very easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Working with excel is super simple, when I have to do work that requires graphics or tables, I resort without thinking to this program because in the end I get what I expect in a very fast and simple way! using excel is very easy and very useful, I like the graphics that I can create, I also like it because I can create databases that are not very large but the program always responds to me.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program gets slow because of the amount of information that I often load in the files, also in some cases I find it difficult to edit the graphics to place them as I want them, many times the options are not easily achieved and that makes that invest more time trying to finish the pending tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to build a simple and easy-to-use database, I highly recommend Excel, if you want to build statistical graphs it is very useful and easy to do, to start using this tool no more experience is required, once you start using this tool you will It is progressing to obtain an optimal level of administration and use of this program.

this program has helped me a lot both in my work and in the university, it is very useful for any field, you can generate basic statistics and spreadsheets quickly and safely.

I can create my own databases without much difficulty and that has been very beneficial for me, it saves me time and the most important thing is that I achieve and fulfill my proposed objectives.

Microsoft Excel review by Kelvin K.
Supervisor
Food Production

"Most advanced tool for budgeting and data entry projects."

What do you like best?

What I like best about this platform is that it is easy to install and use.

For that reason, it does not require much training to be a pro. Only a little effort and you are in a better situation to produce professional spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

While there are several cheap versions, getting a genuine Microsoft Excel is not free. I think it would be much better if they would reduced the subscription fee to get a cloud-based version of Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Microsoft Excel for creating more visually dynamic reports. Also, to make calculations easier, I would recommend this advanced tool since it suits all calculations needs of any organization.

With Microsoft Excel, we have been in a better situation to organize large amount of data into logical spreadsheets in our company. Also, ever since we integrated Microsoft Excel, we have been able to maintain conducive working environment since there are no papers in our offices. Personally, Excel helped me to compute complex equations in campus.

Microsoft Excel review by Jose Alejandro  C.
Consultor SAP Basis Netweaver

"Microsoft excel can be used for any kind of activity or job. "

What do you like best?

I've been using this software for years, so it have been with me in any kind of activity, started using it at school, then college and now in my job, for graphics, formulas, have organizated data, it match with any kind of activity.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i get some bugs of bad activitys on excel, i get like a fixed cell that can't take it or can't copy it, also sometimes it comes very hard to do a perfect graphics that is fullfilled by data of a lot of cells.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use this software for almost any kind of activity or job that you have, its very easy to use formulas and do graphics with it, you can use macros and have a big software for inventory or easy financial jobs, its not so hard to use, and you will be using it on almost everywhere, jobs, school, and an important thing is that you can use it on android tablet cellphone, so there is no exucuses that you don't have laptop or pc.

I do use the microsoft excel almost everyday in my job, i do organize data and items there for share it with my colleages, we use it to analize some data grow and proyection of growing with the formulas, it can become very easy and readable for everyone, i also use it with password so there we can share some confidential data between us.

Microsoft Excel review by Manuel A.
Geophysical Analyst
Oil & Energy

"Greatest software for any business."

What do you like best?

Excel is the best spreadsheet software available, and in my opinion is the most important software for any company. It has so many pre programed functions that help in almost every need from finance calculations to engineering data management, and if that wasn't enough it has the freedom to be programmed for customization just by having a little VBA knowlegde. It's graphs are beautiful and every year they get better, it's text editing functions save lots of time. I'ts just a jack of all trades

What do you dislike?

There is no big con to microsoft excel, perhaps the fact that when running a macro it can take a lot of processing power for them to run correctly, but it depends on the complexity of the code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using it, giving it some time to learn all functions it provides and also learning some VBA programming to fully use all of its potential

Excel has helped us in every department, in human resources it has allowed to create customer and personnel databases, in engineering we have made several important calculations and vba based programs, and overall it is the software that has generated the biggest profit for the company.

Microsoft Excel review by Matt B.
Site Support for Apple Music and iTunes/App Store
Consumer Electronics

"Clunky but powerful"

What do you like best?

There's no doubt Excel is powerful software and can do a lot more than Numbers (such as scripting), but if I'm being honest, I much prefer using Numbers whenever possible.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't feel like at all like a Mac app, and that's to its detriment, in my opinion. Formatting is more difficult than it should be. Pretty much everything is more difficult than it should be. Many hotkeys that work in every other Mac app don't work in Excel, such as ⌘Left-Arrow and ⌘Right-Arrow for moving the cursor to the beginning and end of line, respectively. If you're going to make a Mac app, you should respect global hotkeys in macOS, in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into using Numbers unless you need very advanced features, in which case Excel may be a better fit.

Generating reports. Helps our team at Apple see our productivity in numbers.

Microsoft Excel review by Juan Camilo R.

"From basic spreadsheets to bottomlessly deep analytics "

What do you like best?

One of the most powerful office oriented software packages ever developed, Excel can help you create anything from very basic spreadsheets, simple calculations and basic math operations, to the most advanced, macro heavy, user designed, company tailored analytical, text, operational, graphing or programming tools.

Unmatched availability in pretty much every platform that could use one, Universal reach to the point thousands of products & equipment (that would benefit from it) export their data or support input as Excel compatible files.

What do you dislike?

Easily the less intuitive package in the Microsoft Office family, some very basic options and formatting sets don't work the same as they do seamlessly in Word & other software from the family.

Unnecesary bloat and resource use in later versions like most of the recent products in the Office family; an older version might suit the needs of an older computer.

Pricing could be lower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider older versions that won't be as resource heavy, or space bloated if needed for older machines.

Browse for tutorials online or advanced features.

Everything from basic homework, personal spreadsheet use, advanced data tracking, complex logistics macros and software, integrations with diverse machines for data interpretation & graphs.

Microsoft Excel review by Aaron H.
Graphic Artist
Media Production

"The depth of this program knows no bounds"

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of items this program can do for spreadsheet layout is immense. I once used this to figure out an entire month's transactions because how well the formulas work. It can be editable to a very high degree. Plus it can be used to make templates for others in your company/field which is very handy if you have people who've never used it or aren't that experienced at it.

What do you dislike?

The unforgivingness of it. One mistake can cost the entire formula (as is to be expected) but when you're working to finish at closing time and accidentally hit too many 3's causing the whole thing to go wonky. Yeah, that can be frustrating. (The multiple times it's happened to me)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how the formulas work and keep that knowledge somewhere. It will come in handy at some point. Also, don't take it for granted but don't be afraid of it either. It can be scary but just take it slow and you'll get it.

A veritable all-in-one for accounting and other business needs, it also can help keep lists or scores (for trivia games)

Microsoft Excel review by Consultant

"Always the best"

What do you like best?

You can pretty much do everything you want with Excel. We create customer list, filter them, program using visual basic, have complex sheets linked together in order to simplify data entry process, forms, list management, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is intuitive with Excel, you have to learn everything. The difficulty to learn such a program is pretty high, but it is something that is valuable and that doesn't change. By example, if you learn Excel in 1997, everything that you learned would still be valid in 2018 except for the location of some buttons, functionalities,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a class, you need to know the base before using it.

We use it mostly to keep customer list, mass mailing, complex visual basic, searching in long product list, make inventory and inventory that update itself as we programmed it.

Microsoft Excel review by Derek L.
Project Manager

"Still the Best Around for Spreadsheets!"

What do you like best?

MS Excel is a great product. I've used it since middle school and still use it today for my professional career. It is pretty simple to use and an easy way to quickly store, re-call, sort, and display information. The fact that they teach it to kids and its a software that adults still use is a great testment to the broad ability for many people to use this software.

What do you dislike?

Often times little bugs develop. Usually these go away by shutting the software down or restarting but they do occur.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is not a better spreadsheet software out there get this one.

Tracking labor, equipment, machines. Performing cost estimates. Using them to create forms and a plethora of other things.

Microsoft Excel review by Tim O.
Manager of Business Strategy & Analysis
Consumer Goods

"A powerful analytical tool"

What do you like best?

It's powerful, flexible, and intuitive. Even with access to dedicated analytics platforms, much of the work is still done in Excel. Heck, sometimes all of it is. What I especially like is the ability to create rich content, which can be updated easily via VBA and database connections.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is trying to convince novices to use it. I don't really understand the anxiety towards Excel by some. It really makes no sense. the tool is powerful, and easy to learn the basics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For some, there is a bit of a learning hump, but any good analyst will tell you Excel is an invaluable tool for any data driven department/organization. We use office 365, which is a great choice, if you want to always have the latest implementation.

We use it to determine which products are performing, and where. We also use it to determine what we should be doing in the future, and where to put our marketing dollars.

Microsoft Excel review by Shirin E.
Co-founder & Systems Engineer
Internet

"Excel is old faithful, cannot run accounting or a business without it"

What do you like best?

Excel has very powerful functions. With some cool use of Vlookups, it allows us to extend our accounting system and ensure transactions do not fall through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

it would be great if you could pull in multiple spreadsheets onto a single screen like you can with Apple's numbers app. Just a minor dislike however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can do literally anything in Excel. With the right person to help, you can almost make a database out of it. It's very versatile and filled in a huge gap in our auditing that we needed. If you are willing to take the time to learn all the functions or watch videos about how to do things the possibilities are unlimited.

we use Excel to put all our deals in and ensure that all invoices are paid and collected. Our accounting system is solid but we can't get the detailed data entry for each payment into our accounting like we can with Excel. It makes auditing each account far easier.

Microsoft Excel review by Lorenza B.
Vice responsabile
Cosmetics

"Excel is the best spreadsheets software"

What do you like best?

To use Microsoft Excell you don't have to know programming language or how to configurate the software, thanks to the simple interface, is easy to use it. Types your data in cells and columns and use the formulas to integrates your datas. Also Microsoft Excel provide you lot of templates that offers you a good starting point to develop your own work. Is also easy to create charts and manage them in the sheets.

What do you dislike?

One of the worse thing is that there is no real time team work possibility on Microsoft Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

On the market you can find many similar software (Open Office suite is for example a free "copy" of it). Google Sheets is near it. But if you want a solid and always professional and good software you have to use Microsoft Excel.

Microsoft Excel helps me to get organized with my tasks about projects. It is also a simple solution for my budgets considerations and for my invoices.

Microsoft Excel review by Lydia C.
Digital Media Associate

"Necessary for office work"

What do you like best?

I've been using Excel ever since I was in high school, and mostly because I had to. I find it useful for organizing events, budgeting, and sorting data.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to learn and requires hours of training to understand how to make it work efficiently and how you want it to. There are an incredible amount of functions to make it work perfectly, but - again - takes an effort to remember. Fortunately, you can google that.

The different edit options are buried in odd tabs and - again - requires time to sift through. Basically, everything takes longer than it should and if you're not an avid user, will require you to re-learn each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it's not mandatory, then save your money and use google docs.

Reporting, data input and tracking, client satisfaction tracking, media placement information (sentiment, publication, date, link), link tracking, team's information, budgeting, expense reporting, and more.

Microsoft Excel review by mayra c.
Executive Administrator
Food & Beverages

"amazing!!!!!!!!"

What do you like best?

who likes to add? why not let a excel do it for you! i having been using excel since high school and its been my life savior from graphs, Pie's and just simple addition of columns. i use all the time for keeping track of different things. having money spend track and it been able to add different sheets for me is just amazing i dont know how i would do it without it i dont know any other program that would do what excel does for me. we use it for our time sheets, and having the insert function makes our life so much easier adding our times automatically, saves us from spending 1 hours of our busy days on time sheets to max 10 minutes

What do you dislike?

nothing! everything works as it says it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you haven't used excel you better start now! are you not so good with adding number keeping track if financials this is going to make your life so much easier! we use excel on our everyday lifes! from timesheets to keeping track of financials, our budget! anything that need to be track excel is your best friend!

graphing, and keeping records of different things! excel has made our lifes so much easier. y insert function is my best friend! i dont need to ask for more! cuts time down from 1 hr to max 10 minutes of our busy days!

Microsoft Excel review by Rachel S.
Administrative Assistant

"Excellent "

What do you like best?

I like that I can create spread sheets and sync them and can collaborate and share them online it really helps stay organized and helps communication in the workplace! It helps me keep up with any tasks that need to be done. I use it to make spread sheets for documenting plans of care, keeping up with therapist information, make tables to keep up with attendance, creating time sheets and school charge sheets and just staying organized with daily tasks. Its also convenient in that it will do the math for you. Talk about a time and energy saver! I can create custom equations based on information I enter into different cells and then copy and past just the equations over so that each year my report is the same without the need to rewrite the formulas. Excel is really an excellent software and we use it daily in our office!

What do you dislike?

The only problems that I have with this software is that if you want to view the spreadsheet, the computer must have excel installed and it can be hard to learn however with practice you can pick up on it pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product to make spreadsheets with just takes a little time playing with the software to fully understand all it can do

I am using it to stay organized with office work in the clinic. I use it to create spread sheets for school billing, time sheets, mileage sheets, plans of care, keeping up with attendance and therapist information. It definitely helps make my job easier and keeps me organized!

Microsoft Excel review by Adriana A.
(Myself Only)

"Simple, Easy to Use for Small Businesses and Startups"

What do you like best?

- Ease of creating and formatting spreadsheets

- Formulae are easy to set up

- Color coding and cell formatting is ideal for project management

- Useful for budgets, project managemenet, and charts/visuals

- Easy to export into other applications like Word, for report presentation

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about this program. I know companies are making money by creating different spreadsheet/productivity/project management tools, but to my mind, you just can't beat Excel.

In the future, I hope MicroSoft will create one program that incorporates Word, Excel, and other productivity tools -- one program that includes everything. That will reduce the need to import fromone program to another. (And I'm sure that day is coming.) Also, adding a voice recognition/voice activation element to the software will make it more usable for those of us who multitask or like to work while travelling. Again, it's only a matter of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for more than just spreadsheet applications. In one book, you can have a spreadsheet and a project management system. Easy to start using, as basic functionality is clean and simple to learn. You'll be surprised by how much you can do once you dig into the data.

I've used Excel for decades, going all the way back to college for my projects. When I taught high school, I used Excel for grading, and taught my marketing students to use it for their advertising projects. When I worked corporate, I utilized it to track budgets, performance goals, and timelines. It can be an excellent project management tool, particularly when used on the cloud.

Now that I am self-employed, it's more important than ever. I have used it to:

- track income and expenses and analyze those figures (see attached screenshot)

- track queries to agents (color coding is especially helpful here)

- create timelines for project completion (project management)

Microsoft Excel review by Nicola B.
Direttore esecutivo

"Life would not be the same without Excel"

What do you like best?

I've a confession to do, I never had a good relationship with numbers. There is more than the spreadsheets. The calculating features are the best and, with a bit of understanding, you learn how to use the expressions there is nothing that you can't do with Microsoft Excel. The interface, divided in sectors, help your work to be organized and fast.

What do you dislike?

It have, as every serious software have, a long term learning curve. But if you use it frequently you can speed up the process. I've to say that the Microsoft customer service sometimes is really bad and slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Excel is the best software in its field. In the market you can find some "imitations". But probably only Google Sheets it near its perfections. But I always reccomend to use Excel.

I use Microsoft Excell to keep myself organized. Budget and finance spreadsheets. Data collection, event organization and managment and for customers contact informations. I've to say that 60% of my work with software is on Excel.