Microsoft Excel

4.7

Office mobile apps give a familiar user interface optimized for use on your mobile devices. Review and edit documents at work, at home, or anywhere in between.

Work for Microsoft Excel?

Learning about Microsoft Excel?

Microsoft Excel Reviews

Showing 625 Microsoft Excel reviews
Microsoft Excel review by Alberto A.
Alberto A.

"THE BEST AND MOST EASY SOFTWARE"

What do you like best?

Particularly I like it a lot, excel facilitates the way in which different calculations are made, you can create formats according to the requirements of each person, it can be as much for something simple as for advanced things where different tools are used, I like enough your graphics and the way in which they can be understood, is a question of knowing how to use it and know it, because it is quite profound. I have been a satisfied Excel user for quite a long time. Excel has made the date storage very easy and it allows the user store and organize large amount of data in spreadsheets. Excel is the best spreadsheet software available, and in my opinion is the most important software for any company.

What do you dislike?

Excel is an amazing software, but there is one thing i dislike. User cannot reset the password of protected files. There are few fixes I found on forums but Excel should have a method to reset the password of protected files. It can be a little bit too expensive getting the license for using the full version, and therefore unlocking all of its features. Plus, for some inexperienced users, Excel could be a little complicated to use, and more so to master

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Excel to others

I use Excel to make my invoices. I use all the functions in it, from the formulas to the fact that I can link cells from one page to the other of the document. So I've a great customers list with all the data and an easy way to make an invoice very fast. It´s easy: I can organize any work or personal content in tables and rows, in a way that keeping track of things is really easy. Also, when I need to organize some numbers and make automatic calculations for my personal business, I can easily achieve this with the help of excel, instead of spending hours with a calculator. Excel is a real versatile tool.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel review by Yoselin C.
Yoselin C.

" Excellent tool for the automation of information, administrative control and database management."

What do you like best?

It is an application used in financial and accounting tasks, which allows to establish formulas, use graphics and also incorporates a programming language that makes the work more comfortable, fast and easy. The files produced in Microsoft Excel show a better presentation if you want, since it has tools for it. This tool has as its main advantage the interaction with other software destined to the elaboration of data bases, which allows the automation and that lighten the process.

What do you dislike?

It only has compatibility with Windows and Mac. Files made in Microsoft Excel take up a lot of hard disk space. Sometimes it is not easy to use, since it requires a good investment of time to achieve an optimal and thorough use of the different features offered by Microsoft Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The updates should be more followed and with improvements in the formulas, since in each update some of the names of the functions change, as well as continue to offer improvements in other features. It should be evaluated that the files generated by the user occupy less memory inside the computer.

I perform accounting, payroll and database calculations with the program. In particular, in my work as a teacher, I train students in the program, so they can perform administrative and accounting tasks in the companies where they do the internships. In addition, in excel I keep the record and control of notes and evaluations of my students.

What Spreadsheets solution do you use?

Microsoft Excel review by Yorgina C.
Yorgina C.

"Excellent tool to develop calculation bases, administrative and financial control."

What do you like best?

In excel you can develop what you want, from databases to small systems that help you with the control of your accounting, financial runs very quickly applying macros that perform the calculations automatically.

The potential that this software has, multiple pre-established functions or others that can be developed is very wide.

What do you dislike?

I have almost no cons of this program, because it has been a great help for many years. Maybe, it would be just how slow the computer can turn when you run a very large macro, but that's mostly because of the ability of the PC

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excel has been a great help for administrative and financial control, I highly recommend it, the use that can be given to this software is very varied.

Users who have knowledge in programming, can develop with Excel any system that you may require.

Excel has helped me since I was in college, especially doing the audit worksheets.

Currently, in my work it is still the office tool that I use the most, an example of this, is that we develop a financial run with macros, which performs the calculations automatically, streamlining our work.

I have made data bases to take administrative and financial control in all the companies that I have worked, it is a very useful support tool.

Microsoft Excel review by Francy Haylen O.
Francy Haylen O.

"Tabulating accounting information through the excel tool."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Excel is that it allows me to create graphs and arithmetic operations, in addition to allowing me as a user, to customize my calculation sheets adjusted to my own needs. If I use creativity, the tool allows me to use styles so that the information is not boring. I have learned to get the most out of the tool to obtain the desired accounting results. It allows me to contain numeric, alphanumeric, text, etc. data in each of the cells, to make a calculation sheet.In particular, the templates that posse the application allow me to save time, speeding up the work to be done.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about excel is that it is only compatible with windows and mac, if I wanted to use it with another application like linux or another, I could not use it. I have made tabulations with dates back to the year 1900 and I have found that it is insufficient, or falls short.

I must admit that you need to take training courses to get the most out of the tool to achieve the expected result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend excel because it saves us time, money and effort, speeding up any type of work that allows the maximum performance and the highest productivity.

Each version that comes onto the market has allowed me to do fewer operations, performing more functions and operations for my organization. If we know the tool, it will be very useful for any area of ​​work. It is a practical and effective tool.

Microsoft Excel review by Maria Francia G.
Maria Francia G.

"The best spreadsheet to present your financial operations easily."

What do you like best?

What I like about Excel is that you can consult different data with a wonderful tool such as dynamic tables, it is so easy to use that you can execute any type of operation from the most basic to the most elaborate. It is a software that can be used in any area and it is very useful to order data quickly.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that sometimes Excel closes abruptly, which causes an irretrievable loss of data and especially of time because you have to start all over again. What makes this wonderful program less efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Excel because it seems to me a very complete, easy and effective software; It can be of great help for the business or personal area. We save money, time and effort to maximize our productivity.

Being a versatile and comprehensive software can be used in any area of work from school to the office, it is fast, easy, practical, effective and in an orderly manner. We can do personal and group work.

Microsoft Excel review by Carmen A.
Carmen A.

" I love working with excel because it is very easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Working with excel is super simple, when I have to do work that requires graphics or tables, I resort without thinking to this program because in the end I get what I expect in a very fast and simple way! using excel is very easy and very useful, I like the graphics that I can create, I also like it because I can create databases that are not very large but the program always responds to me.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program gets slow because of the amount of information that I often load in the files, also in some cases I find it difficult to edit the graphics to place them as I want them, many times the options are not easily achieved and that makes that invest more time trying to finish the pending tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to build a simple and easy-to-use database, I highly recommend Excel, if you want to build statistical graphs it is very useful and easy to do, to start using this tool no more experience is required, once you start using this tool you will It is progressing to obtain an optimal level of administration and use of this program.

this program has helped me a lot both in my work and in the university, it is very useful for any field, you can generate basic statistics and spreadsheets quickly and safely.

I can create my own databases without much difficulty and that has been very beneficial for me, it saves me time and the most important thing is that I achieve and fulfill my proposed objectives.

Microsoft Excel review by Kelvin K.
Kelvin K.

"Most advanced tool for budgeting and data entry projects."

What do you like best?

What I like best about this platform is that it is easy to install and use.

For that reason, it does not require much training to be a pro. Only a little effort and you are in a better situation to produce professional spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

While there are several cheap versions, getting a genuine Microsoft Excel is not free. I think it would be much better if they would reduced the subscription fee to get a cloud-based version of Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Microsoft Excel for creating more visually dynamic reports. Also, to make calculations easier, I would recommend this advanced tool since it suits all calculations needs of any organization.

With Microsoft Excel, we have been in a better situation to organize large amount of data into logical spreadsheets in our company. Also, ever since we integrated Microsoft Excel, we have been able to maintain conducive working environment since there are no papers in our offices. Personally, Excel helped me to compute complex equations in campus.

Microsoft Excel review by Jose Alejandro  C.
Jose Alejandro C.

"Microsoft excel can be used for any kind of activity or job. "

What do you like best?

I've been using this software for years, so it have been with me in any kind of activity, started using it at school, then college and now in my job, for graphics, formulas, have organizated data, it match with any kind of activity.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i get some bugs of bad activitys on excel, i get like a fixed cell that can't take it or can't copy it, also sometimes it comes very hard to do a perfect graphics that is fullfilled by data of a lot of cells.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use this software for almost any kind of activity or job that you have, its very easy to use formulas and do graphics with it, you can use macros and have a big software for inventory or easy financial jobs, its not so hard to use, and you will be using it on almost everywhere, jobs, school, and an important thing is that you can use it on android tablet cellphone, so there is no exucuses that you don't have laptop or pc.

I do use the microsoft excel almost everyday in my job, i do organize data and items there for share it with my colleages, we use it to analize some data grow and proyection of growing with the formulas, it can become very easy and readable for everyone, i also use it with password so there we can share some confidential data between us.

Microsoft Excel review by Manuel A.
Manuel A.

"Greatest software for any business."

What do you like best?

Excel is the best spreadsheet software available, and in my opinion is the most important software for any company. It has so many pre programed functions that help in almost every need from finance calculations to engineering data management, and if that wasn't enough it has the freedom to be programmed for customization just by having a little VBA knowlegde. It's graphs are beautiful and every year they get better, it's text editing functions save lots of time. I'ts just a jack of all trades

What do you dislike?

There is no big con to microsoft excel, perhaps the fact that when running a macro it can take a lot of processing power for them to run correctly, but it depends on the complexity of the code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using it, giving it some time to learn all functions it provides and also learning some VBA programming to fully use all of its potential

Excel has helped us in every department, in human resources it has allowed to create customer and personnel databases, in engineering we have made several important calculations and vba based programs, and overall it is the software that has generated the biggest profit for the company.

Microsoft Excel review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"Clunky but powerful"

What do you like best?

There's no doubt Excel is powerful software and can do a lot more than Numbers (such as scripting), but if I'm being honest, I much prefer using Numbers whenever possible.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't feel like at all like a Mac app, and that's to its detriment, in my opinion. Formatting is more difficult than it should be. Pretty much everything is more difficult than it should be. Many hotkeys that work in every other Mac app don't work in Excel, such as ⌘Left-Arrow and ⌘Right-Arrow for moving the cursor to the beginning and end of line, respectively. If you're going to make a Mac app, you should respect global hotkeys in macOS, in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into using Numbers unless you need very advanced features, in which case Excel may be a better fit.

Generating reports. Helps our team at Apple see our productivity in numbers.

Microsoft Excel review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"From basic spreadsheets to bottomlessly deep analytics "

What do you like best?

One of the most powerful office oriented software packages ever developed, Excel can help you create anything from very basic spreadsheets, simple calculations and basic math operations, to the most advanced, macro heavy, user designed, company tailored analytical, text, operational, graphing or programming tools.

Unmatched availability in pretty much every platform that could use one, Universal reach to the point thousands of products & equipment (that would benefit from it) export their data or support input as Excel compatible files.

What do you dislike?

Easily the less intuitive package in the Microsoft Office family, some very basic options and formatting sets don't work the same as they do seamlessly in Word & other software from the family.

Unnecesary bloat and resource use in later versions like most of the recent products in the Office family; an older version might suit the needs of an older computer.

Pricing could be lower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider older versions that won't be as resource heavy, or space bloated if needed for older machines.

Browse for tutorials online or advanced features.

Everything from basic homework, personal spreadsheet use, advanced data tracking, complex logistics macros and software, integrations with diverse machines for data interpretation & graphs.

Microsoft Excel review by Aaron H.
Aaron H.

"The depth of this program knows no bounds"

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of items this program can do for spreadsheet layout is immense. I once used this to figure out an entire month's transactions because how well the formulas work. It can be editable to a very high degree. Plus it can be used to make templates for others in your company/field which is very handy if you have people who've never used it or aren't that experienced at it.

What do you dislike?

The unforgivingness of it. One mistake can cost the entire formula (as is to be expected) but when you're working to finish at closing time and accidentally hit too many 3's causing the whole thing to go wonky. Yeah, that can be frustrating. (The multiple times it's happened to me)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how the formulas work and keep that knowledge somewhere. It will come in handy at some point. Also, don't take it for granted but don't be afraid of it either. It can be scary but just take it slow and you'll get it.

A veritable all-in-one for accounting and other business needs, it also can help keep lists or scores (for trivia games)

Microsoft Excel review by Consultant

"Always the best"

What do you like best?

You can pretty much do everything you want with Excel. We create customer list, filter them, program using visual basic, have complex sheets linked together in order to simplify data entry process, forms, list management, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is intuitive with Excel, you have to learn everything. The difficulty to learn such a program is pretty high, but it is something that is valuable and that doesn't change. By example, if you learn Excel in 1997, everything that you learned would still be valid in 2018 except for the location of some buttons, functionalities,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a class, you need to know the base before using it.

We use it mostly to keep customer list, mass mailing, complex visual basic, searching in long product list, make inventory and inventory that update itself as we programmed it.

Microsoft Excel review by Tim O.
Tim O.

"A powerful analytical tool"

What do you like best?

It's powerful, flexible, and intuitive. Even with access to dedicated analytics platforms, much of the work is still done in Excel. Heck, sometimes all of it is. What I especially like is the ability to create rich content, which can be updated easily via VBA and database connections.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is trying to convince novices to use it. I don't really understand the anxiety towards Excel by some. It really makes no sense. the tool is powerful, and easy to learn the basics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For some, there is a bit of a learning hump, but any good analyst will tell you Excel is an invaluable tool for any data driven department/organization. We use office 365, which is a great choice, if you want to always have the latest implementation.

We use it to determine which products are performing, and where. We also use it to determine what we should be doing in the future, and where to put our marketing dollars.

Microsoft Excel review by Shirin E.
Shirin E.

"Excel is old faithful, cannot run accounting or a business without it"

What do you like best?

Excel has very powerful functions. With some cool use of Vlookups, it allows us to extend our accounting system and ensure transactions do not fall through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

it would be great if you could pull in multiple spreadsheets onto a single screen like you can with Apple's numbers app. Just a minor dislike however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can do literally anything in Excel. With the right person to help, you can almost make a database out of it. It's very versatile and filled in a huge gap in our auditing that we needed. If you are willing to take the time to learn all the functions or watch videos about how to do things the possibilities are unlimited.

we use Excel to put all our deals in and ensure that all invoices are paid and collected. Our accounting system is solid but we can't get the detailed data entry for each payment into our accounting like we can with Excel. It makes auditing each account far easier.

Microsoft Excel review by Lorenza B.
Lorenza B.

"Excel is the best spreadsheets software"

What do you like best?

To use Microsoft Excell you don't have to know programming language or how to configurate the software, thanks to the simple interface, is easy to use it. Types your data in cells and columns and use the formulas to integrates your datas. Also Microsoft Excel provide you lot of templates that offers you a good starting point to develop your own work. Is also easy to create charts and manage them in the sheets.

What do you dislike?

One of the worse thing is that there is no real time team work possibility on Microsoft Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

On the market you can find many similar software (Open Office suite is for example a free "copy" of it). Google Sheets is near it. But if you want a solid and always professional and good software you have to use Microsoft Excel.

Microsoft Excel helps me to get organized with my tasks about projects. It is also a simple solution for my budgets considerations and for my invoices.

Microsoft Excel review by Lydia C.
Lydia C.

"Necessary for office work"

What do you like best?

I've been using Excel ever since I was in high school, and mostly because I had to. I find it useful for organizing events, budgeting, and sorting data.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to learn and requires hours of training to understand how to make it work efficiently and how you want it to. There are an incredible amount of functions to make it work perfectly, but - again - takes an effort to remember. Fortunately, you can google that.

The different edit options are buried in odd tabs and - again - requires time to sift through. Basically, everything takes longer than it should and if you're not an avid user, will require you to re-learn each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it's not mandatory, then save your money and use google docs.

Reporting, data input and tracking, client satisfaction tracking, media placement information (sentiment, publication, date, link), link tracking, team's information, budgeting, expense reporting, and more.

Microsoft Excel review by mayra c.
mayra c.

"amazing!!!!!!!!"

What do you like best?

who likes to add? why not let a excel do it for you! i having been using excel since high school and its been my life savior from graphs, Pie's and just simple addition of columns. i use all the time for keeping track of different things. having money spend track and it been able to add different sheets for me is just amazing i dont know how i would do it without it i dont know any other program that would do what excel does for me. we use it for our time sheets, and having the insert function makes our life so much easier adding our times automatically, saves us from spending 1 hours of our busy days on time sheets to max 10 minutes

What do you dislike?

nothing! everything works as it says it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you haven't used excel you better start now! are you not so good with adding number keeping track if financials this is going to make your life so much easier! we use excel on our everyday lifes! from timesheets to keeping track of financials, our budget! anything that need to be track excel is your best friend!

graphing, and keeping records of different things! excel has made our lifes so much easier. y insert function is my best friend! i dont need to ask for more! cuts time down from 1 hr to max 10 minutes of our busy days!

Microsoft Excel review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"Excellent "

What do you like best?

I like that I can create spread sheets and sync them and can collaborate and share them online it really helps stay organized and helps communication in the workplace! It helps me keep up with any tasks that need to be done. I use it to make spread sheets for documenting plans of care, keeping up with therapist information, make tables to keep up with attendance, creating time sheets and school charge sheets and just staying organized with daily tasks. Its also convenient in that it will do the math for you. Talk about a time and energy saver! I can create custom equations based on information I enter into different cells and then copy and past just the equations over so that each year my report is the same without the need to rewrite the formulas. Excel is really an excellent software and we use it daily in our office!

What do you dislike?

The only problems that I have with this software is that if you want to view the spreadsheet, the computer must have excel installed and it can be hard to learn however with practice you can pick up on it pretty quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product to make spreadsheets with just takes a little time playing with the software to fully understand all it can do

I am using it to stay organized with office work in the clinic. I use it to create spread sheets for school billing, time sheets, mileage sheets, plans of care, keeping up with attendance and therapist information. It definitely helps make my job easier and keeps me organized!

Microsoft Excel review by Adriana A.
Adriana A.

"Simple, Easy to Use for Small Businesses and Startups"

What do you like best?

- Ease of creating and formatting spreadsheets

- Formulae are easy to set up

- Color coding and cell formatting is ideal for project management

- Useful for budgets, project managemenet, and charts/visuals

- Easy to export into other applications like Word, for report presentation

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about this program. I know companies are making money by creating different spreadsheet/productivity/project management tools, but to my mind, you just can't beat Excel.

In the future, I hope MicroSoft will create one program that incorporates Word, Excel, and other productivity tools -- one program that includes everything. That will reduce the need to import fromone program to another. (And I'm sure that day is coming.) Also, adding a voice recognition/voice activation element to the software will make it more usable for those of us who multitask or like to work while travelling. Again, it's only a matter of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for more than just spreadsheet applications. In one book, you can have a spreadsheet and a project management system. Easy to start using, as basic functionality is clean and simple to learn. You'll be surprised by how much you can do once you dig into the data.

I've used Excel for decades, going all the way back to college for my projects. When I taught high school, I used Excel for grading, and taught my marketing students to use it for their advertising projects. When I worked corporate, I utilized it to track budgets, performance goals, and timelines. It can be an excellent project management tool, particularly when used on the cloud.

Now that I am self-employed, it's more important than ever. I have used it to:

- track income and expenses and analyze those figures (see attached screenshot)

- track queries to agents (color coding is especially helpful here)

- create timelines for project completion (project management)

Microsoft Excel review by Nicola B.
Nicola B.

"Life would not be the same without Excel"

What do you like best?

I've a confession to do, I never had a good relationship with numbers. There is more than the spreadsheets. The calculating features are the best and, with a bit of understanding, you learn how to use the expressions there is nothing that you can't do with Microsoft Excel. The interface, divided in sectors, help your work to be organized and fast.

What do you dislike?

It have, as every serious software have, a long term learning curve. But if you use it frequently you can speed up the process. I've to say that the Microsoft customer service sometimes is really bad and slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Excel is the best software in its field. In the market you can find some "imitations". But probably only Google Sheets it near its perfections. But I always reccomend to use Excel.

I use Microsoft Excell to keep myself organized. Budget and finance spreadsheets. Data collection, event organization and managment and for customers contact informations. I've to say that 60% of my work with software is on Excel.

Microsoft Excel review by Gianluca O.
Gianluca O.

"Excel is an exaustive platform for your organization"

What do you like best?

Excel is the best software imoh to create, modify and manage spreadsheets. You can share and access easily to your spreadsheets thanks Microsoft One Drive. Also you can save your doc as PDF and share it quickly or publish on the web. Excel provide you hundreds of templates that you can use for your project, and powerful formulas that can help your workflof.

What do you dislike?

It's not a software to work as team on it, since multiple users can edit the spreadsheet but no one can see other people's edits in real time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on your work and your needs, but really try it if you don't know nothing about it you will find helpful tips and tricks on Microsoft site, with complete tutorials.

Microsoft Excel review by Micah P.
Micah P.

"Excel-ent choice for data entry!"

What do you like best?

There are endless templates and features involved in this seemingly simple program! You can literally take classes on the program, and still have more to learn to be able to use it to its full potential.That being said, even a first time user will find it extremely simple to dive into to world of data entry using Excel.

What do you dislike?

It is a fairly "dry" program as far as making visually pleasing reports. They do have options that can help, but they take a steeper learning curve to get there. I would like to see them offer a slightly more user friendly system for finding the functions needed to use the built in mathematics involved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product that serves the needs of many users perfectly. I would highly recommend this one, as even the hardest of functions in this program can be learned through a simple search online, or by taking a short class!

This allows us to keep easy track of miles, budgets, spending per card, purchase orders, sign up lists, people's information, and just about anything else you can think of to put into a table, graph, or list.

Microsoft Excel review by Priscila Judith H.
Priscila Judith H.

"Excellent data management"

What do you like best?

Excel provides the best tools for analysis. It gives you the possibility to create your own formulas and it gives you a lot of options that you could also use for data management and the analysis of information. It is a friendly tool in which you can learn in a fast way. Also, it provides a lot of formulas in any sector such as engeeniring, finance, accounting and many other statistical tools that can help you to create models and to analyze information, whether for business decisions to personal information.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about excel is that it stop functioning or its performance is slower when big data is analyzed. It is a problem because normally at my job big data sets are used and it does not works at its best. Also, filters hace a lot of trouble with big data sets. Excel provides a good range of space for information but that space is limited and it does not work properly as the spreedsheat is getting full of information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to previously taking Excel courses. It is not a difficult programm to use, but it has its tricks and courses can help you to understand a general view of the program.

Currently, I work at Excel 24/7. It helps me to analyze information, do calculations about reconciliations and helps me to several processes that are for the every day work. What I mostly use is Pivot Tables, that help me to stablish better format to information and to make analysis easier. The benefits that I have realized are better interpretation of information and better calculations with big data sets.

Microsoft Excel review by Hugo L.
Hugo L.

"Excel is the best tool for making tables."

What do you like best?

The best feature of Microsoft Excel is that it's the easiest and most convenient way of creating quality tables and charts. In my freelance job, I'm sometimes asked to make comparisons between articles or ideas, and then show them in a table form. I can happily say that I'm able to achieve this by using Excel´s table feature, which allows me to enclose all of the content I need, and then give them the type of borders I want. But what I love the most is that making all of this in Excel is extremly easy.

What do you dislike?

What can become a bit of a pain in the neck is that whenever you add new content to a table you've already created, then this content can be messed up a bit by the size of the column or row inside the table. It would be a great idea that Microsoft added the option of adjusting the text (and even the lines of text) inside an existing field automatically, without any further input from the user. Furthermore, the software may take a bit to open at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We all know that Excel is the best software for making tables and charts, and also for making charts. So don´t think it so much and get it.

I can make columns and tables in order to compare products and features for my own business, and I can also use this same dynamic to offer this to a client and get paid for it. Furthermore, I get to make charts and graphics so that I can offer better work presentations.

Microsoft Excel review by Sarah L.
Sarah L.

"Microsoft Excel will help you become "The Flash" for your accounting and finance calculations:"

What do you like best?

When you´re the owner of your own business (and when you´re also your own boss and team) you need to take care of virtually everything. One of the areas is really time consuming is your accounting area and finance as you need to make many calculations. What I like a lot about Excel is that it lets me make dozens and dozens of calculations in an automated and instant way. If Excel didn´t exist, I´d have to spend hours trying to figure out the calculations on my own (and making many mistakes too). The last thing I like about Excel is that is very easy to use, and the formulae to make many calculations at the same time are also easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

What I don´t like is that at times the somewhere goes a bit crazy, as I can select a row or big part of numbers, and the software stays “still” for a while, and then it goes back to do the job after several seconds. Another terrible thing it does is that when I try to copy numbers and calculations (and they´re very similar to any formula that Excel follows) then my sheet starts becoming a mess, as many calculations are erased and many fields overwritten-. I´m aware that sometimes this happens because we press or enter the wrong letters / numbers, but this also happens sometimes when I´ve done everything correctly and carefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Excel helps you make fast calculations, but it also has other uses: you can create tables for your texts or books and even charts for work or college. All of this is easy to do, and it´s also very quickly.

There´s an easy answer for this: Microsoft Excel helps me keep my finances in order, in a fast and efficient way. I mean, if I had to perform all of the calculations and numbers without any help, iot would take me hours and hours. However, as I use this awesome and automatic software called Microsoft Excel, I can make many calculations in a couple of seconds.

Microsoft Excel review by Edgar O.
Edgar O.

"Making my job easier every day"

What do you like best?

I have been using excel for over 10 years, and use it every day at my job. When I first started using it, I was pretty limited in making use of its capabilities, but have become more of a power user in recent users, incorporating some of its more advanced tools, such as integrating visual basic and its data processing abilities. This would be impossible to do manually, so by using Excel, I can automate certain tasks that I would otherwise be unable to do. VLOOKUP is the one of the most useful formulas that I use daily.

What do you dislike?

I really wish that they had a formula library built into the program. Having that information readily available so I don't have to google for it would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excel is a relatively inexpensive tool since it comes a part of the Microsoft Office suite. It's an absolutely essential tool to my job, and if you need a spreadsheet software, look no further.

I use Excel and its visual basic macro abilities to crunch data. It's incredibly powerful and most people don't take advantage of its capabilities.

Microsoft Excel review by User in Higher Education

"One of the most popular software"

What do you like best?

User friendly yet there are so many advanced functions. Actually most of the cases, the MS Excel is good enough for statistical analysis as well. Even if MS Excel does not have certain function, you can make it.

What do you dislike?

I cannot find anything I dislike. Some function do not work on old version, but latest version covers everything I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many free office software on the market as well. But as far as I use, the MS Excel is still the best. Of course you have to pay, but you can get what you paid for.

I do survey data analysis with very small (few row) to very large (population level) sample size. Sometime I feel using Excel is easier to organize the data than using statistical software, such as Stata, R, SPSS.

Graphics are very easy to modify. Lately I found the slicer very useful for some data organization.

Microsoft Excel review by Jack R.
Jack R.

"Microsoft Excel Review "

What do you like best?

I love how Excel can be used for many different things in both my work and home life. The wide variety of things that Excel can do is such an asset for me while utilizing the program. I also appreciate the adaptability and ability to personalize the program while organizing data and costs.

What do you dislike?

There is a rather large learning curve while using this program. Once you know all of the equations and how to implement them this program is an incredibly powerful tool, however it takes a long time to get to this point. This can be extremely frustrating for new users and even old users when learning something new.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to get to know excel! It is such an incredible tool once you get past the first few weeks of figuring out the software. There are many resources online to learn the different functions and abilities of Excel.

I am currently using Excel to organize and breakdown the cost analysis for a potential business that I am hoping to open. I also use this program for many personal activities such as organizing players for fantasy sports teams etc.

Microsoft Excel review by Paige B.
Paige B.

"Learn the features before diving into Excel"

What do you like best?

I like the different charts and graphs that excel offers and the results that can come from it. I also like the quick short cuts you can use if you know how to. Such as summing up columns or rows fairly quick.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how difficult it is to simply try to navigate. Or to find where certain features are. There are no guides or suggestions that help you focus in on what you need. There should be a sort of help or a list of shortcuts because without it you have to search on your own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a basic skills class or do your research before diving right in. Knowing beforehand tips and tricks will make your experience a lot better.

I am using excel for higher education purposes. They allow me to display data and practice my business analytic skills. The benefit i have realized is once you know how to use this excel will open up your world of displaying data, facts, and can help you make predictions in your field.

Microsoft Excel review by Omar L.
Omar L.

"Microsoft Excel is the best software you can use to keep track of everything :)"

What do you like best?

I love that Microsoft Excel allows me to easily create tables and borders with just a few clicks: I only have to click on the upper design panel, select the type of table I want, and that is all, I have a beautiful table. I also enjoy adding images by only clicking on the "Forms" section and inserting them anywhere I want inside my worksheet. Another nice thing is that I can insert images by clicking on the "Insert" option. I think that Excel is a really nice and versatile tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that, sometimes, when I want to copy and paste some content, or when I hit the "enter" key, something messes up and I end up geting some bugs, such as the software coming up with some formulae or the software creating new rows, and even sometimes the software freezes for a while. But I think this iks normal in our fast evolving technology world.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use excel to create tables and rows in an easy and fast way. Also, you can make thousands of calculations instantly, in the form of a batch, and this is a really helpful tool if you´re in any business that requires heavy calculations (for example, if you´re an accountant).

Microsoft Excel review by Samara O.
Samara O.

"What can Excell not do?"

What do you like best?

I like cheese. It is versatile and comes in so many flavors and types. The same can be said for Excel. It does so many things differently and yet brings it all together in a way that is unexpected, professional and clean. It does not leave anything to question. Excel does take some time to learn and navigate, but once you have it down it can do so much more. If you happen to have knowledge of programming languages then excel is transformed into something even greater allowing you to create formulas that take the guess work out of searching and organizing data.

What do you dislike?

For those of use that do not have a firm grasp on programming it leaves much frustration. i have to regularly search the internet to figure out the formulas i want to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Excel to others.

Im not solving any problems with excel. It is a tool that helps me understand the data of my life.

Microsoft Excel review by Drew A.
Drew A.

"Excel Does It All"

What do you like best?

I use Excel all day every day. It is great for crunching numbers exported from our FMS, creating bid forms to send to vendors for pricing, tracking to-do lists, maintaining a department-wide project list, creating simple reports and charts, and so much more. I even use it for quick calculations rather than opening the calculator app, since I typically have at least one spreadsheet open. The ability to easily export to pdf being baked in has been a real gamechanger for my productivity.

What do you dislike?

With the newest release, whatever is on the clipboard continues to have the flashing dotted line around it, which is really annoying. Formula fixing can be a real pain in the neck, even for minor typos, and the in-app help isn't great. I also dislike how clicking from cell to cell can sometimes make Excel think that I want the data from cell 1 in cell 2, when really I want to go edit cell 1. Honestly, Excel can do so much that it can be a little overwhelming to remember how to do everything it can do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a class, watch plenty of Youtube videos, and keep trying to learn about Excel. It does so much that you can really never stop learning about all the features.

Like I say in the title, Excel does it all. I use it to generate reports, slice data, track projects, and just about anything else. I even use it on my personal computer to track my bills and to-read lists.

Microsoft Excel review by Lorianne B.
Lorianne B.

"Versital"

What do you like best?

I love that Excel comes with many pre-made templates that removes the daunting process of creating quick and good looking pages in a short amount of time. I especially love all the graph ones that allow you to see your budget visually. I am a huge fan of the clean simplicity Microsoft puts into all their office products. The uncluttered design helps create a clean slate to work from and offers ease of operation when I'm in the program.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if I don't know the formula for an action right off the bat it can be confusing finding the right information to get the function to appear correctly. An easier help guide with visual guides would improve this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excel is the original clean cut version of spreadsheet making. I will always go back to Microsoft for this reason. It just makes sense how things are laid out, how they function and creates great looking work for clients and personal use.

I would love it if Excel could create a relationship with Google to share documents fast across platforms such as google drive.

Microsoft Excel review by Natalya L.
Natalya L.

"Standard of any person!"

What do you like best?

comparative cheapness - usually at each workplace the MS Office package is already installed and additional software costs are not required;

simplicity of development;

flexibility;

powerful data processing tools (including statistical functions) and presentation of results;

almost unlimited possibilities for data exchange with other information systems;

relatively low costs for the introduction of the budgeting system and its modernization

What do you dislike?

complexity of simultaneous work of several users with one information system;

complexity of organizing multiple tables in different versions (draft, agreed, approved, etc.), which requires additional efforts to organize the work with files;

complexity with ensuring the confidentiality of data in the information system

low productivity, which manifests itself in the calculation of complex financial models, especially those using statistical functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In general, when setting up management accounting or with its deep modernization, even if there is already a accounting system with managerial accounting capabilities, for the first time, we recommend that you work out the implementation of a financial model for Excel, as it is the easiest to make a change to the financial model of Excel. It is especially recommended to use Excel at the initial stages of the organization's life cycle. When there is a rapid development, the financial model changes constantly.

Building a financial model of business events, which the company organizes.

Microsoft Excel review by Samantha F.
Samantha F.

"Great for exporting reports and files"

What do you like best?

Love that we can export reports and pull them up in Excel. This allows us to share data with our stakeholders and wells and manage private data. We can also create email list serves and manage student contact information that can then be uploaded to send mass email communications.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be an internal breakdown of coding and a easier way to format different tables for printing. Printing any data or can result in difficulty in formatting or result in not splitting information onto multiple pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lessons on coding can really improve the user experience and allow employees to use Excel in multiple formats (data, analysis, content organization and graphing displays).

We are able share data and compile data together as an office and team. Since we share a office server, we can each add new data to the files.

Microsoft Excel review by Rita M.
Rita M.

"The best worksheet app "

What do you like best?

I think that Microsof Excell is the most powerful and complete spreadsheet software avaible on the market. Even if you don't know the Excel world, it is very easy to begin and test it out. The interface is well organized with the tools divided in sections. You can create charts with no difficulties and also use the formulas to integrate the data columns.

What do you dislike?

A the moment I didn't find problems with Microsoft Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Excell is the best platform you can find on the market. It will helps you improve your organization and have a clear picture of your data. I can stop to use it for everything.

I use Microsoft Excel for everything I need to have under control. A budget list, a contact list, a list of task, etc. This helps me to stay organized in my tasks and project.

Microsoft Excel review by Gigi G.
Gigi G.

"Excel Excels"

What do you like best?

Excel is, once you get the hang of it, pretty user friendly, and it really allows you to do a lot of different things. It's a very smart program and you can pretty much do whatever you want with it.

What do you dislike?

I find myself getting frustrated sometimes with the formulas and not being able to click out of cells. I find myself Google searching how to do things because the in-application help isn't always the easiest to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really great program. Take your time in learning about it and really make sure that you are aware of everything is has to offer. I've been working with this program professionally for about 7 years (if not longer) and I'm still finding hidden gems.

I can solve pretty much any problem I encounter. For previous jobs, being able to merge Excel documents into Word documents, sort Excel documents by different parameters, and view multiple sheets side-by-side has really helped me become more efficient.

Microsoft Excel review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"Most Helpful Tool for Business"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Excel is a great tool for businesses! Helps keep everything organized and easy to use. We use excel for everything from data collection to keeping us organized as a marketing team. The ability to create any kind of charts, analysis, budgeting, etc is one of its greatest features.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Excel can seem confusing, overwhelming and hard to use at first. It allows the user to do so many great things, but a lot of times some of the best features get buried because of this. It could be simplified a little and upgraded to help those learning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to learn all the features and benefits of using Microsoft Excel. It may seem tricky in the beginning, but once you get the hang of it it's actually very straightforward.

The business problems that are currently being solved, or that have been solved in the past are: Data base formatting, Data sorting, Data formulating, Data Analysis, Budgeting, Extracting from web to excel, Data base management, Time management, and Team management.

The benefits of this tools is there are no limitations, if you want to do something 9 times out of 10 you can do it in Excel.

Microsoft Excel review by Emily P.
Emily P.

"Excel Review"

What do you like best?

I mainly use excel to type up shot lists of movie trailers and TV spot. Formatting the spreadsheets, in terms of column/row sizing and editing the cells, is pretty easy and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

A part of shot lists is including screengrabs of the shots from the trailer/TV spot. We recently updated to the most recent version of excel and I've noticed that dragging and dropping images into the spreadsheet isn't as easy. Now it often won't let me unless I do it just right. It can take a few attempts before the program lets me drop the image. It would also be nice to have an option of setting the size I'd like the images to import as, so I wouldn't have to manually resize each image.

Exporting the spreadsheets to PDFs can also be a hassle sometimes. Even when I set the boundaries of what I want the page to be and export, it will often cut the spreadsheet into multiple pieces so they're on separate pages.

We primarily use Excel to make shot lists which list out shot details and pertinent info for our client. Excel allows us to organize the info in a straightforward way.

Microsoft Excel review by Aimee J.
Aimee J.

"Love Excel, need to utilize it more"

What do you like best?

I love that I can quickly organize the organizations that we work with here at the University in an easy-to-read manner, I just wish I knew how to utilize it better! I blame myself for that, of course, but I do think it would be beneficial if there were something I could view (besides watching YouTube videos) on accessing more of the tools within the program.

What do you dislike?

I don't know enough about the different shortcuts that are available. I understand that there is a LOT more that I can use it for, but haven't come across something that spells out all of the shortcuts and easy tricks. (Though, I haven't searched for anything on my own either.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It truly does benefit my work while managing events, but I wish I knew more about utilizing the tricks and tools that the program offers! Learning more about the software is most certainly on my to-do list, as I do think Excel can offer a myriad of great tools for professionals. I highly recommend it!

I run events and oftentimes utilize it to organize our organizations who are attending, who we've emailed, etc.

Microsoft Excel review by jon p.
jon p.

"Microsoft Excel "

What do you like best?

The ability to compile data into one program is nice. Fairly user-friendly, until you get into the equations side of things. Multiple tabs per spreadsheet are nice, but can be difficult to maneuver around at times. Overall, it works well for it's intended purpose.

What do you dislike?

Trying to figure out the equations was difficult at first. There should be a log or a spreadsheet showing the equations. It should be simpler to combine data from multiple spreadsheets without causing a change in layout or function. Microsoft needs to utilize the connectivity that they already have within their own programs and allow them to simply transfer data from program to program (i.e. Word to Excel, etc...)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Each new update is making the product bigger and better. My advice if you are going to use multiple equations is to create a spreadsheet that contains all of them with their functions.

We use the multiple tabs to specify specific employees and their ratings/feedback, and it is pretty simple to compare them inside the same spreadsheet.

It is nice being able to simply create graphs and charts to project information. Excel makes this function very simple and user-friendly. We have been able to better keep track of our employees feedback and reviews.

Microsoft Excel review by Venkata B.
Venkata B.

"MOST HELPFUL SOFTWARE"

What do you like best?

.Microsoft excel is a best solution for all types of data base.

.Another best thing about Microsoft Excel is that any kind of manipulations and formatting can be done.

.Excel is also best in its macro recorder and the visual basic editor features.

.The possibility of creating any kind of charts, analysis, budgeting, templates etc is one of its great features.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in particular That i dislike about MS Excel.

If i have to pick one, I would say, it could have been more simplified and upgraded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend every user in the Information and technological Industry to use Microsoft Excel for their regular needs.

Microsoft excel solves most of the daily problems and satisfies most of the usual needs in the IT Industry.

Instead of going for many different software's for different needs, It is very much easier and better to opt for Microsoft Excel.

I have been using this software since many years, I can strongly say that this surely will help you to solve most of your problems.

The only thing with excel is that one should get a little experience with it. And a little knowledge on how to use the formulas in Excel. Once you are good with it, you can fulfill many of your needs.

.Data base formatting

.Data sorting

.Data formulating

.Budgeting

.Charting

.Extracting from web to excel

.Scraping through excel

.Data base management

.Time tracking

.Templates formation

Microsoft Excel review by Daniel V.
Daniel V.

"Old Standby still Stands"

What do you like best?

Not a lot needs to be said about Excel - it has a real robust set of tools/options. Any question I have about how to use a feature can be answered with a google search - there is a HUGE community of people using Excel and then sharing their knowledge.

What do you dislike?

Its a not a slick as Google Sheets and keyboard navigation can get clumsy. It crashes now and then, but always has a temporary backup saved so I rarely lose progress. I miss the cloud based accessibility of google sheets. it takes a lot of work to make something visually appealing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has more tools/feature/options than Google Sheets and will be must more powerful. But if you don't need that, stick to the free Google Sheets.

It is a lot less smooth and easy to just jump into than simpler options, but once you get your head around how to navigate and how to put together more advanced formulas, it's a great program. I think the number one most helpful thing I've found is that any time I run into a dead end or can't figure out how to do something that seems like it must be possible, all I have to do is do a google search and there are multiple easy to follow guides and message boards with people sharing their knowledge and offering up creative solutions to problems that are baked into excel.

sales and inventory tracking and presenting. form creation.

Microsoft Excel review by Julia P.
Julia P.

"10 years and counting with a great software!"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Excel is a great tool for businesses! Helps keep everything organized and easy to use. We work with numbers and calculations so having the ability to input formulas that can generate our results for us automatically is incredibly time efficient!

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Excel may be confusing for some to learn in the beginning. It does take some time to get used to but once you get the hang of it, it's one of the best programs you can have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to learn all the feaures and benefits of using Microsoft Excel. Even if it seems tricky at first, it's actually very straightforward once you get the hang of it. You can create formulas that will generate any kind of information you need for your business and it makes calculating and organizing so much faster and more efficient.

Microsoft Excel allows me to make spreadsheets for my business to send out to clients. It keeps my information organized and it has so many tools that make it easier to calculate numbers and get the information where it needs to be.

Microsoft Excel review by Rick K.
Rick K.

"Microsoft Excel is Still the Gold Standard"

What do you like best?

Excel is still the standard by which competitors are measured. I can send someone an Excel spreadsheet and be confident they'll be able to use it. When I send someone a compatible spreadsheet I am usually pretty confident, as long as I used no special or unusual features in the spreadsheet. And third party apps and macros generally run in Excel but often not in the competitors. Lastly, there is more training, support and general ecology for Excel than for any of its competitors.

What do you dislike?

Price can be a factor when there are free alternatives in the market that are pretty good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For occasional use, especially in-house, you could consider Libre Office and Google Sheets. Google Sheets in particular has some nice collaboration features, if you and your client or supplier both agree to use it, or if you keep to basic features. Both those products can open and save in Excel format. But if you need to do extensive work with others outside your company, and can't dictate what they use, Excel is still the standard.

We use Excel for scratchpad type analysis, and to communicate data and conclusions drawn from data. We do everything from copy and paste numbers, to embed database queries, to embed queries on large analysis cubes. Done right, a chart or graph can focus a team's attention on a problem or opportunity better than talking and waving hands.

Microsoft Excel review by RAVI B.
RAVI B.

"EXCELLENT SOFTWARE"

What do you like best?

There are so many things in excel i like about. It is not easy to select the best because everything available in excel is best. To point out, few of the best things are:

. Any kind of database can be stored using excel.

. Easy to use.

. Wide range of possibilities for manipulating and formatting the data.

. Can be used for Graphs, charts, analysis etc.

. Can be used as templates for many functions and programs.

. The Excel macros is another plus.

. VBA expands the usage of excel opening doors to many many and many possibilities.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything in Excel. There are wide range of solutions and add ins for any kind of issues or difficulties in Excel.

If i have to point out, then I would say the formulas are a bit tough to learn as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best software I have ever come across in my life. This software earns my daily bread. So i highly recommend every user to at least try excel for once. There are so many possibilities in excel. Once you start using it, you will understand yourself.

So i highly encourage everyone to try excel for sure.

I use excel for every single work I do. Few of the problems and few of the advantages I gain are as below.

. Database Management is possible through excel.

. Huge data can be incorporated into a single excel sheet.

. Budgeting became easier.

. Tracking time and work became easier.

. Formatting the data.

. Formulating data.

Microsoft Excel review by Shaianna A.
Shaianna A.

"A Functional Program for Functions"

What do you like best?

The spreadsheets are great for not only organizing information on one platform but also organizing information over time. W have successfully stored over a decade worth of information within the Excel program in one spreadsheet 'book' making it easy to grab information from five years ago without having to look for the file, instead we can compile multiple years worth of one type of information in a single .xls and boost efficiency.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Microsoft Excel, some of the cell functions can get complicated but it isn't difficult to fix a mistake (which are usually manmade and not the program).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look onto some online forums about the little things you can do with the program, it is a good way to learn new skills in a program most people use.

Inputting backup data within Excel spreadsheets keeps everything organized when we cannot recall information about files we have made, calculations previously done, or previous business dealings - it makes it easier to always have that information on hand and readily distributable. Nearly everyone has excel so compatibility with other PC/Mac users is hardly ever a problem.

Microsoft Excel review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Easy calculations with no human errors"

What do you like best?

With lots of data, it's easy to make human mistakes. However, excel eliminates that factor. It allows for very advanced programing within the tool, down to using pre-made templates that fit your need. I love the ability to make it color-coordinate the items that you need to stand out as well. You don't even need to do THAT manually!

What do you dislike?

It does take a little bit to get the hang of the coding within the tool. However, once you know the general flow of it, the possibilities are endless. It's easy to find step by steps and how-tos online as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excel does have several ways of seeing reporting, but customizing these graphs are not intuitive. There are times that you need to see the results of very specific data very quickly in order to make a decision. It's best to become very familiar with how this programing within the tool works, to go above and beyond in your project.

The largest benefit is being able to mutually share a document within your direct colleagues. More than one person can be in it at one time. It allows for all of us to use the same document, instead of multiple different versions of one. Collaboration at it's best!

Microsoft Excel review by User

"Excel is our most useful tool in our finance and accounting department."

What do you like best?

Excel is a versatile tool that allows me to be creative in my financial reports. Excel helps our company to manage large amounts of data and to track our performance. I use the tool to create a variety of financial and merchandise reports and distribute them to my co-workers.

What do you dislike?

I wish more people in our company could learn how to use the application in order to exchange information and understand the reporting process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Excel as a database and a reporting tool. Excel will allow you to organize data in meaningful way which can be used to understand your company's progress. The tool makes it easier to analyze the data in order to identify threats and opportunities.

In the finance department we use Excel in our Budgeting process, Forecasting and Reporting. We also use it as a database to keep information from previous years and to report to the management team.

Microsoft Excel review by Kaydee S.
Kaydee S.

"Fantastic program!"

What do you like best?

I like it all! I really enjoy working with numbers so creating spreadsheets for our clients is one of my favorite tasks. I enjoy every aspect of Excel.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! As long as you know that there is a solution to whatever problem you have, there are no issues. The internet helps me figure out how to solve any issues within Excel if I happen to run into any.

Most commonly used in our office to create spreadsheets for clients accounts over several years or months to show growth. Clients love having all of their accounts in one place to visibly see how much growth they have accumulated over the years. I use functions within Excel often and occasionally will be requested to create a chart or visual element along with spreadsheets. In addition to using it for our clients, I also use it to create spreadsheets for our financial advisors in the office to track their personal compensation for our records and legal purposes.

Microsoft Excel review by Diogo R.
Diogo R.

"Clear leader but.."

What do you like best?

Excel is the spreadsheet leader by far. It has calculation options and a very complete function set. Making charts is easy with the wizards. There's many templates to start with, no need to create a sheet from scratch. The template designs are also much better than they used to be.

What do you dislike?

Although Excel is a very capable application, there's a learning curve you need to be aware of. Many operations are easy and if you're used to spreadsheets you will probably do them without even looking for help. Other, more complex, filters and matchings can be quite stressful to do if you have no knowledge of the available functions. Also, online help is available but it's not that organised.

Another thing I don't like is the price. For professional use, the license is a bit overrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Professionally, the price may make you think twice, but the benefits will make it worth it. Look for packages like Microsoft Action Pack, which will give you more than Office at a very reasonable price.

Finance reports, budget planning, project roadmaps.

Microsoft Excel review by Lajos D.
Lajos D.

"Spreadsheet to record a greater amount of data"

What do you like best?

As it is also a Microsoft Office product it was easy for me to learn how to use it. However, I`m not really an advanced user, I don`t do pivot tables, macros etc, I only use it to create tables with data, sometimes graphs and diagrams and also for calculations.

What do you dislike?

I have been using excel for a very long time, it doesn`t crash for me as often as Microsoft Word does. Since I`m using it for easy tasks, like table creating, calculations and some diagrams so during these tasks I didn`t come across with any significant problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, mostly if you use other Microsoft softwares as well.

I needed a software to create spreadsheets, to record the applicants who wants to attend our Okoskocka training courses, to record income, expenses and calculate profit etc. I feel like it is working great for me and I don`t think I could find anything on the market that has similar great features and low-cost.

Microsoft Excel review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Dynamic"

What do you like best?

Excel is the easiest and most complex program that our company uses. I personally use it for figuring out the complex math involved in our wall systems. It allows me to focus more on the design aspect and less on the functional math output. This program has the power to go far beyond basic input as well. It can check fields in a dynamic way. The "if" statements are so extensive you're guaranteed to find one that you can use for any situation you are going to encounter.

What do you dislike?

I find the program to have a hard time helping the user resolve false statements and misused inputs. It has the minor ability to suggest what they think the step is for rectifying the statements, but it doesn't always give you the most appropriate way to change the statements to work contextually for what you're currently doing in the program. I'm not a huge fan of certain defaults in regards to the menu functionality. There are certain defaults that can cause issues within "if" statements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the forums when trying to resolve statements issues. It will greatly benefit you, as well as save you time.

We've created an automatic shop drawing program to use on our website for the distributors. It has allowed us to use this implementation in order to free up time with the drafting department. I personally found a great use in solving complex math within the program. Setting up the guidelines and input of specific variables can give a perfect output given all the statements are entered correctly.

Microsoft Excel review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Comprehensive tool to analyze data"

What do you like best?

There are many applications to choose from in excel, and each one of them are very useful when analyzing data. A wide range of shortcuts also make a job more efficient, and learning them can save you a lot of time. When it comes time to presenting in a meeting, excel allows you to create numerous different charts and graphics that is representative of your data.

What do you dislike?

When compiling large quantities of data, excel has a limit to how much it can hold on a single spreadsheet. That requires you to have to use a different application like Microsoft Access to complete a job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get used to using the shortcuts at your disposal, it will make your time with excel a lot more efficient. Excel is also linked to PowerPoint so being able to transfer data between the two will allow you to create graphs based on the data found in excel. This is very helpful because all of your data in excel will be useful both in creating graphics in the sheet itself, as well as in the PowerPoint slides. Many of the same charting tools used in excel are also used in PowerPoint, so you will not need to learn any new tools to be able to be successful.

Excel is perfect for running simple calculations like profit & loss statements as well as creating charts to be used in a meeting or conference.

Microsoft Excel review by MARIA ALEJANDRA R.
MARIA ALEJANDRA R.

"MS EXCEL is a spreadsheet used primarily for the storage, organization and manipulation of data."

What do you like best?

MS EXCEL is easy to use, it is the most important software used in any job that allows to organize information, generate reports, charts, and graphs according to the needs of the user. It has different modules where you can edit, modify, insert and perform statistical analysis of data series.

What do you dislike?

MS EXCEL if you have many spreadsheets open, you may generate an error when you want to save the file.

It does not have a variety of graphics and images.

When you apply solver to a function it is likely that the precision error is large, so it is necessary to go to more sophisticated packages to do this type of analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MS EXCEL is a very useful program that allows, analyze, visualize, design reports according to the needs of the client in a precise and clear way.

MS EXCEL is useful when storing, managing, editing and representing information, as well as facilitating the current measurement of future performance and projections.

Microsoft Excel review by Anakaren M.
Anakaren M.

"Design Principal"

What do you like best?

Most of the software is intuitive--I never took an actual course for this, and I've been able to do basically anything I want to do. If there is anything I can't do, I can quickly look up tutorials online. I specifically enjoy the format painter and easiness of merging cells. There are PLENTY of template to choose from, which can easily be modified to meet your needs.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't paste over and over. I would like to be able to limit the cells shown, versus the endless workbook. The printing is not as intuitive as I'd like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I Use this for personal uses (planning trips, budgeting, party planning), I create schedules for our church praise team, I use this software at every office job--and taught it to others.

I've used this for so many things: creating project reports, project scheduling, invoicing, payroll, timesheets, code analysis.

Microsoft Excel review by Jared M.
Jared M.

"Excellent program - Couldn't function without it"

What do you like best?

Being able to use formulas and change one number that could affect the entire spreadsheet. That's a huge help for forecasting. Excel is extremely powerful.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to be honest. I guess I Google formulas a lot, so if there was a simple way to search and find what formula you need, that would be great. Maybe that already exists, but I am unaware of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use every formula you can in your spreadsheet, which will allow you to manipulate data so much easier if you need to adjust a couple things.

So many. It's helpful for tracking information, as well as manipulating numbers. Both essential to my day to day work, and super helpful in my personal life as well (finances, tracking improvement made to car/house, etc.)

Microsoft Excel review by kyler v.
kyler v.

"Excel in the work place"

What do you like best?

I like how excel gives you the ability to automate different formulas within each cell. All you have to do is enter the numbers in the sheet and excel does all of the work for you. Very easy program to work with.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features can be hard to work with. There are not a lot of tutorial or help offered by Microsoft. I would recommend taking a class on excel if you plan to use it for advanced tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take class to learn about advanced features.

I use excel to analyze data and make graphs to present. Excel is a good place to store your data and add it over time. You can create new graphs to see how your sales data is doing over time.

Microsoft Excel review by Zachary A.
Zachary A.

"Consistent tool with wide support and some database-style tools."

What do you like best?

There are tons of resources out there to identify and teach the best tool or formula for the job.

There are limited database functions to reduce the need to import data into databases.

What do you dislike?

A little unstable on Mac after ~130000 entries.

Does not warn users about file-type restrictions such as .csv and .txt files: if a .csv file is open, excel will allow the user to create a new worksheet in the .csv file, including references and etc., upon save and close the additional worksheet will be trashed without warning. This can be a problem for non-savvy users, it would be better if disallowed components were warned upon saving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need 2-3 axis data and visualization options, Excel is very robust. However, its database functions can be deceptively arbitrary: some things are there, and others are not included and would be better served by MySQL or similar.

Using pivot tables and other tools to quickly pull actionable information from database exports.

Charting progress of indicators over time and across domains.

Microsoft Excel review by Melanie G.
Melanie G.

"Tried-and-True Spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

As one of the oldest and most widely-used spreadsheet programs in the world, Excel still excels at spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

It isn't as easy to collaborate in real-time as a Google sheet or Smartsheet, but for budgeting and math it is still the most versatile, robust option out there. I do wish it was possible to drag and drop rows/columns like Smartsheet does

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want versatility and the ability to have multiple tabs/sheets in one spreadsheet which reference one another - this is the best software for the job.

I build budgets and contact lists in Excel for events and marketing projects. In the past, I've also found it helpful for managing flight and travel manifests for large groups of travelers. (Though I no longer manage those in my current role)

Microsoft Excel review by Julie G.
Julie G.

"Reporting and calculations, all in one!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to both do calculations, but also generate detailed and intuitive reports. I also need to have total control over my reporting, so Excel provides the framework to create my own.

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the functions were more intuitive, and I have frequently used Google Sheets instead for the cloud-collaboration functions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excel can do most anything you need or want it to do, as long as you are well versed in its features. Users will definitely benefit from education about the product, especially in regards to formulas and functions. It can be very powerful if you know how to use all of its features.

I have produced almost all of my client reports with Excel, as well as all client media flowcharts. I am a big fan of the Pivot Table so whenever I have an opportunity to use that, I do.

Microsoft Excel review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Excel"

What do you like best?

I love how excel has made my workflow and work load dramatically easier. It helps with basic and complex formulas, it builds graphs to visualize the numbers and pictures that i am trying to portray. I like that you can use it and integrate it into other Microsoft Programs. It is easy to edit and manipulate. And I like that I am always finding new ways to use it.

What do you dislike?

I do not really have any downsides to using the program. Sometimes the formulas tend to mess up or freeze and its a pain trying to find your error, and the error help key isnt much help. But other than that, everything is easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it for any business,

The quickness of creating data.

Microsoft Excel review by Taylor G.
Taylor G.

"Great, but unintuitive."

What do you like best?

Excel provides a level of depth that allows it masquerade as more than it is. It offers a huge amount of features, and makes it easy to generate financial forecasts among other things.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to use any of the advanced features without some sort of training or external guide. The program itself doesn't offer much in the way of tutorials and most colleagues I know have taken multiple classes - whether in school or as part of continuing education - in order to get to the working level of excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have older systems, be wary of upgrading excel. Most of older versions are compatible with newer ones and offer most of the newer features, but run better on older systems.

We use Excel mostly for financial forecasting, analyzing offers and expenses for upcoming events. Personally I use it a lot for sifting through pieces of data. While other database management programs may be more effective, Excel provides enough and I know it enough to handle my needs. The built in VBA also makes it possible for me to create forms to help set up data-entry systems for reps and other employees.

Microsoft Excel review by David M.
David M.

"Very versatile software and easy to learn"

What do you like best?

I have used this software for many applications from sorting through daily tasks and calculations, through college projects and even at work for organizing and presenting data. It was quick and easy to learn every time I needed to apply it to a novel task.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little less intuitive and not particularly user friendly. I find that I often must refer to online user guides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's plenty of community based online support from the users sharing their experience, making new tasks and implementations quick and easy to learn.

I use it mostly to organize an present data. Sometimes as an intermediary to make csv files to feed into other external programs.

Microsoft Excel review by User

"Great tool, but does take some time to learn. "

What do you like best?

I like all of the options for sorting lists of names, numbers, and the math functions that can be utilized. Excel really offers a great breadth of options to make life easier. I have recently learned a lot more about Excel. While it looked intimidating, I just used a few hours of my time and was able to become a much more proficient and efficient user.

What do you dislike?

The tools and buttons are not always instinctual. The functions do take some getting used to, but are very helpful once you learn them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to watch tutorials and learn. It only takes a few hours to feel more confident and less intimidated by all Excel has to offer! Well worth the time spent.

I can make easy to use/read charts, graphs, and lists for my company without having to use a lot of my time.

Microsoft Excel review by Hannah A.
Hannah A.

"Is there anything does that does Excel as great as Excel?"

What do you like best?

It's so simple to create a spreadsheet. Is there another application that does what excel does and does it so well? I love how easy it is to create a simple spreadsheet. We use Excel daily at work to easily organize names/phone numbers/addresses, etc of clients, will-call lists, contest winners, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you need a class to figure out all the fancy stuff. I'm not a business major so I didn't take a class on Excel in college. I know there are so many things that Excel can do that I'm not aware of or don't know how to use, but it seems difficult to figure out all the algorithms without having someone to thoroughly teach me or take a class.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a class! I'm sure you'll understand way more than I do about the ins/outs of the program and you'll be able to do all kinds of fancy things. My ability with the program is very basic.

Coordinating client details and information in a place that is easily accessible and editable by multiple people

Microsoft Excel review by Julia S.
Julia S.

"Awesome spreadsheet software for any analytics needs"

What do you like best?

I like that you can perform simple calculations really easily and that excel will pick up on any basic patterns as you are entering information, and apply the formula you want. I like that there is pretty much a formula for anything you can think of to make your process more efficient. Whenever I am not sure how to do something, I can google it and there are so many Excel users that the answer is really easy to find. The graphics are also easy to use and I like the tab capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike. The formula builder can sometimes be a little confusing/unclear to me, but I am not sure how much this could be improved and I can use outside resources to figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software! there is nothing else like it

I use it daily for all types of business problems. I am often creating reports/presentations and I use excel to keep track of my quantitative and qualitative analyses. I use it to capture summarized notes from in-depth interviews for primary research, I use it to create data files from surveys, I use it to do any calculation I need, I use to create lists of names, etc.

Microsoft Excel review by Karoly D.
Karoly D.

"Perfect to organize bigger amount of data"

What do you like best?

It is great for basic and advanced users as well, you do with it what is necessary. Usually, I only use it to organize data and rarely to create graphs. But advanced users have so many opportunities with it, macros equotations etc. I believe it is a very useful program.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it crashes so don't forget to save your data regularly, so you won't use it. And it could be a little bit more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, it's a great part of the Miscrosoft Office software family.

We have several groups of students in different classes, we use it to organize their data (name, address, e-mail, etc) and keep it in one file. It is easy and perfect to use. I'm very satisfied with it.

Microsoft Excel review by Davor C.
Davor C.

"Microsoft Excel is a very useful tool"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Excel is a very useful tool for record keeping, analyzing data, and simplifying task overall.

I use most pivot table. These charts and graphs can be imbedded in other documents. Students quickly learn to manipulate the various parameters for charts and graphs. I use Excel to create tables, graphs, and charts. I love that you can put data in a spreadsheet and then the program can create all different kinds of graphs and charts to display the data.

What do you dislike?

Only price. Nothing I am satisfied with Microsoft Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have not tried the program you must try it out

Speed, security. I use Excel to create tables, graphs, and charts. I love that you can put data in a spreadsheet and then the program can create all different kinds of graphs and charts to display the data.

Microsoft Excel review by Diego R.
Diego R.

"make work easier"

What do you like best?

the thing i like the best about microsoft excel its the way it simplify things like if you have to keep track of the assistance of your personal or you want to make a woerk schedule you can do it fast and easy it servs for many pourpuses like accounting and such you name it

What do you dislike?

i really cant think of something i dont like about excel i have been use in it since high school and even then has been easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it it would make your daily work easier i promise you it a great tool in the office

i make gantt charts to keep track of the daily progress of the construccion and other processes

Microsoft Excel review by Daniel R.
Daniel R.

"Excel is Great"

What do you like best?

The program is great for data manipulation and using formulas. The functions such as lookup and vlookup are very useful.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the program except that there is not spell check like in Microsoft word which I think would also be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the best programs for keeping data stored and organizing it in a customized way. MS Excel will make your life easier by creating tables, charts, and graphs to illustrate data the way you want it showed.

MS Excel is used to store report data and is then manipulated by using formulas and filters to organize it to the user's desire. Additionally, I have used charts and graphs in the program to depict the data in a visual format.

Microsoft Excel review by Jacob S.
Jacob S.

"Balance between Power and Flexibility"

What do you like best?

That I can perform any type of analysis that I want. It can do complex computations and has the flexibility that allows me to move things around in the way that I want them. My creativity is not hindered while using this product.

What do you dislike?

Most users don't understand the full power of Excel and miss out on its benefits. Also, doing too complicated processing can be hard to learn and may take time or make the program crash.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time learning what it is capable of.

I can analyze data and identify patterns using excel. The benefits I have gained have included increased understanding for myself and tools that I can use to help others understand what I am seeing.

Microsoft Excel review by Ashley R.
Ashley R.

"Excellent Spreadsheet Software"

What do you like best?

I love how easy to use Microsoft Excel is. I can use for a wide range of tasks including but not limited to keeping track of finances using their formula features, read csv files from a database export or keeping track of a list of items that need rows and columns.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike would be an easier way to make all columns fit the data in the column.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Excel is an excellent piece of software that can perform a variety of tasks.

Microsoft Excel is used as a tool to read csv files that have been created from a database export. It is also used as a way to keep inventory for items when a database would be too complex for the tasks.

Microsoft Excel review by Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.

"Working in accounting, Microsoft Excel is one of the most used programs I use"

What do you like best?

Ability to export reports from other programs and create custom reporting using sorting, filtering, pivot tables, VLookups, etc.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I have come across in Microsoft Excel that I dislike. I haven't had any situation when I could not use the program as intended or needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many business softwares have reporting that easily export into Microsoft Excel. This extremely convenient and also helps in customizing data for specific needs

Microsoft Excel has benefited greatly in my position in the payroll department. The current payroll system allows the option to download reports into Excel. This is extremely beneficial to sort and edit payroll reports as well as create pivot tables pulling specific information needed.

Microsoft Excel review by Prudence P.
Prudence P.

"Excel user for over 20 years"

What do you like best?

Excel is invaluable to my everyday functions at work. The spreadsheets are easy to using and there are lots of shortcut keys available. The help desk are very useful when trying to create complicated spreadsheets. Several spreadsheets can be created for one file and all the sheets can contain links to each other and to other sheets from different files. I really could not do my job without this program.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have a detailed guide of all functions of Excel. Even though I have been using the program for a long time, there are still some functions that I am not aware of. Also, would like a notification of new features when the program is updated. Other than that, there really isn't anything that I dislike about Excel. It's a great program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excel is an excellent program and will make any task more efficient. I recommend getting employees trained before using the program to take advantage of all the aspects of the program..

Excel is used in every aspect of my daily work. Excel can be used to create and maintain lists, spreadsheets, tables and charts. Any type of complicated calculation can be set up on Excel and then the information can be manipulated into different formats. We use it to generate and import our journal entries. We use Excel to create and import our budget spreadsheets. The capabilities of Excel is virtually unlimited.

Microsoft Excel review by User in Internet

"My experience with Microsoft Excel"

What do you like best?

It is easy to create arithmetic operations with formulas, as well as dynamic tables to easily sort data. You can separate text tables into columns, filter data also create from lists. It allows the development of graphics quickly and easily, also spreadsheets (very versatile, and serves many things in many areas). This fun and useful platform contains a visual basic editor, if you need to program something quick to make your life easier, you can do it there. I highly recommend it, I have been using it for many years, for my school, university and current work.

What do you dislike?

It only has compatibility with Windows and Mac and that limits it a lot. Another disadvantage is that the files occupy too much space although you make very simple calculations.

It is not useful for specialized work. It is unsafe. It is not an application of which one can be self-taught, that is, it is not as easy to use as Publisher, PowerPoint or other Microsoft programmers, you need training or a lot of time to do simple things.

Insufficient or poor quality graphics, therefore, is not useful at the domestic level and much less at the professional level.

The new versions do not provide major changes or improvements for users. Finally, it does not have as low a cost as other very good programs that I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend that you improve the platform's support. It is a programmer that, although useful, weighs a lot and requires too much memory even if the results are unprofessional and the work done is very short and simple. It is necessary to lower the cost of acquisition, because it does not correctly enter the quality / price ratio. Enabling means of instruction that allow greater and better use of those who do not have so much time to devote to the programmer.

In general terms, it is an application that has helped me a lot in my accounting and administration work, because it allows me to do calculations, graphs and other needs quickly and accurately, as long as I have a high level of knowledge in the platform. After university, it has helped me a lot in the statistical and administrative part of my work, and therefore, it is a tool that I always have with me.

Microsoft Excel review by Zane S.
Zane S.

"One of the most used tools in my toolbelt"

What do you like best?

Data analysis, pivot tables and creation of charts. Excel is a base level tool for any business. There is a huge base of bloggers and youtubers that provide a lot of help if you want to create formulas or auto formatting processes. It is also the base to Vena Report analysis

What do you dislike?

It can be buggy at time, Come on its made my Microsoft. The updates often move things around so it does take time to find/ figure out where/why they moved things

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excel is a base level tool, if you need help use blogs, and watch a lot of youtube videos to help figure things out. I use Excel everyday for so many business related tasks

Comparing large chunks of data, Displaying mathematical analysis for easy review. We us it to help with reconciliations, as a super calculator. We also use it to compare different financial implications by comparing outputs based on changing difference inputs. I use it everyday, so there is a lot it can do to help a business.

Microsoft Excel review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"Everything I need for Spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of using Excel is that I can take my files with me. I can open them on any device that has Excel on it because I can just log into my office account and they are there. I also like that there is a web version and I can allow other to be able to edit my files or not allow them to.

What do you dislike?

There are some features, such as protecting pages that can be a little time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Excel to anyone that needs and easy option for storing a lot of information that needs to be easily sorted.

I personally use Excel to keep track of all the inventory I am sending out.

Microsoft Excel review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Powerful Spreadsheets"

What do you like best?

Excel is such a flexible program for the creation of such a variety of things. I use this as a multi-function 'calculator' where we build up inter-connected tabs for calculation of a large variety of engineering problems. Properly built, we can streamline tedious equation crunching down to simple drop down menus, allowing tasks that would typically take 10-20 steps and multiple hours of hand calculation to reduce to a few seconds of data input. The ability to code macros takes this even further. We have successfully used excel to reduce, as an example, on of our common tasks from a tedious, delegated activity to something anyone can do within 5 minutes and 10 clicks.

What do you dislike?

With great power comes lots of code, and making sure that code works with all versions of excel, and within the other office products, I'm sure is extremely difficult. My frustrations with Excel have come from using legacy filetypes within the new Excel versions, or pasting excel tables into Word documents.

I have also encountered Excel documents that 'reset' the saved settings. Specifically, iterating. One common 'calculator' excel file that is used seems to need a re-save of the settings every ~10 times of use, as the 'iterate' box magically becomes unchecked.

Other issues stem from the many security settings you can set for each individual cell. When we 'lock' a page for one use, that can lead to other problems when 'unlocking' the page later for editing. re-locking it seems to break things sometimes, though not consistently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time to familiarize oneself with the many functions within excel such as pivot tables and macros.

Allows us to streamline engineering equations and computations, as well as more clearly train new employees or share information among departments.

Microsoft Excel review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Like No Other"

What do you like best?

I dont know what I would do without Excel. I use this to organize information for so many projects and functions. From keeping budgets to scheduling my team to keeping a shopping list, I use it almost daily.

What do you dislike?

That its not on my phone. I would use this literally on every device if it were at all possible. However I do appreciate the sit down time at the computer to plug away and crunch numbers. Sometimes the errors get annoying in formulas if its "irregular" and having to click on them to dismiss or ignore, and having them pop up again after saving is irksome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the tools available so that you get the most out of the software. While having tables is nice, it has the so much power if you take the time to read up and use it for multiple purposes.

Budgeting, time scheduling, meeting planners, KPI analytics and more. I use it to organize a plethora of information for personal and business solutions.

Microsoft Excel review by User in Design
User in Design

" A spreadsheet you can use it to create anything"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is .. I can use it to help me create simple charts, tables, to organizing events for wedding and etc. I really like how you can design each tables with the colors and fonts.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this software is your not able to collaborate with other users using the same file. Like google excel. Also if you don't have the right formulas then your charts won't work.

I don't like that you can't name cells..you would have to create a new tab for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good software but if you want to save money I would recommend using the google excel.

I noticed when I am creating a catalog and I've to use excel with all the data.. it makes it easy for me when I can highlight a color for each cell when I am done.

I also like that its easy for me to organize events for wedding with times and dates.

Microsoft Excel review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Daily Necessity!"

What do you like best?

I love how I can customize any spreadsheet to fit my needs. I often need to work from a template and copying or moving tabs from document to document is so easy. I often use Excel to create worksheets for my classroom, organize my curriculum, create informational cards and mail merge to Word and create Labels. The organization for my classroom would not be possible without Excel.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could customize my toolbar more so that I could have the tools I use regularly in one place rather than clicking all the different tabs. I often forget which tab some tools are located in. custom creating shortcuts would help expedite my work flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having the current versions available for Macs. There are many times that the newest version has bug fixes or features that are not available to mac users. The only way to have access to these perks is to be a PC user. This is not possible for all work environments as some have company apple products.

I have learned how to organize information, create inventories, and implement a budget in both my work life and home life. In education, planning for lessons can be tedious but my work has been so efficient as I was able to organize and categorize information needed for my lessons and classes.

"Microsoft Excel Review"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Excel allows you to create and share various types of spreadsheets, lists, and other mathmatical computation forms. It can be used in conjunction with other Microsoft programs or as a stand alone product. Microsoft Excel is also offered as an online form with many of the same features. It is easy to use for novices yet offers enough features to be extremely helpful to seasoned spreadsheet users. Sharing forms via email has been one of the most useful features.

What do you dislike?

The only negative thing I have run into is that sometimes those not using a microsoft email have trouble viewing the spreadsheets. I am not sure if this is a problem with Excel the users email application at this point. As we continue to use this product all users will begin to use Microsoft Emails so the problem will be corrected either way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Excel is a great program for calculations and for sharing data to all users. It is easy to use yet offers plenty of features. The online version is offered free the standard version can get a bit pricey, so I would suggest trying it out before purchasing.

Sharing data in spreadsheet forms especially helpful in scheduling vacation and holiday days. The various forms and spreadsheets make it easier to visualize the data, and allows for quicker correction of any errors that are found.

Microsoft Excel review by Anais L.
Anais L.

"Microsoft Excel will help you keep your home business organized"

What do you like best?

I've been having my home business for a while, and there´s nothing better than Microsoft Excel to keep it simple and organized. I have to say that what I like the most is that I can make documents and tables to keep virtually any type of information I want. As one example, I keep track of my clients by adding a few rows to enter their names, order numbers and contact information. Later, I can this information to contact them so that I can offer them deals or promotions that might make them buy more from me. Excel is a software that´s really easy and simple to use, and will allow you to keep your business really organized.

What do you dislike?

I had to think for a little less than an hour to come up with a bad thing, but finally I could think up something. There has been a couple times that I´m using Excel, very happily, and unexpectedly, the software says that there was a problem and it has to be restarted. Whenever this happens, then I have to give up and accept it, and most of the information (sometimes all of it) becomes lost and I can´t do nothing about it. I hate this even more when I´ve been working for hours and this error occurs, but like I said, it has happened only a couple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that Excel is the best tool for keeping track of anything, such as tables, charts, logs and so on.

I get many benefits out of Microsoft Excel. Let me list some of them: I can keep track of all my clients, their names, and addresses and contact information, and I can easily access all of this with Excel; I can keep a log for all of my incoming orders, as well as for all of the deadlines for those same orders. What I want to say is that I can easily record anything with Excel.

Microsoft Excel review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great way to organize data into spreadsheets and grids"

What do you like best?

With add-ons you can easily visualise your data with pivot tables, sort and organise raw data in real-time tracking tasks and new information. This is great for people who have data with multiple attributes that need to be organised in a way that statistical analysis can be conducted. I also like how it is a universal software that many people use so sharing and collaborating is easy. Visual basics add-ons and macros can help automate works in a much efficient and similar fashion which is not available in competitor products. This can automate repetitive tasks between sheets in an excel document, as well as pull data from other sheets to run dependent calculations.

What do you dislike?

Hard to collaborate with other project stakeholers in realtime, making redundant and duplicate efforts likely. This compares to Google Docs, which show real-time changes and edits. Must download add-ons to realise the true potential, and this is computer specific, and not tied to your Office Account, so if you move computers, you need to reinstall the add-on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for automating tasks in visual basics, but lacks collaboration tools in real-time, and sharing files and tracking changes in real-time updates between co-workers can be cumbersome.

Excel allows me to automate data analysis by pulling in multiple relationable database grids and perform calculations across many sheets using visual basics macros. This has saved countless hours in man hour performing calculations that require lookup functions from other sheets.

Microsoft Excel review by J. K.
J. K.

"Misrosoft Excel Review"

What do you like best?

It's a great part of the Microsoft Office software family. I'm not saying it is easy to use always, but it is a great help to organize big data and a lot of information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can get complicated, and writes 'Value', then you need to revise what you did exactly and correct it. But anyway, it is also a cool function, because it helps to recognize your mistakes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great software to organize your data. I recommend it.

It is a necessary software that we use usually to organize the collected information, for example different prospected customers from different countries. We also use it to register working hours, and calculate the weekly/monthly payment terms for the workers.

Microsoft Excel review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use for creating beautiful looking charts; not the best for analyzing data."

What do you like best?

I like how it is easy to create good-looking charts. The programs allow you to do basic analysis (I use vlookup VERY frequently, for instance).

I personally never used macros; but I use graph options likes creating line charts and pie charts, from time to time. It is also possible to do statistical analysis such as regression analysis, but I usually prefer other programs to analyze big data. Yet, it is great for analyzing small datasets because it is very easy to use.

You can add sheets to your file if you want to see multiple tables; it is possible to transfer data from one sheet to another too.

What do you dislike?

If you are doing data analysis (such as regression, histograms, etc); you need to organize and reorganize and reorganize your data. Which might lead you to lose the original version of your data; or make your excel file get cluttered with many sheets! This program is useful for easy tasks like how to organize your expenditure or for creating beautiful charts AFTER you analyzed your data in other programs or programming environments like R, STATA, Python and such.

I use it frequently for preparing charts and copy-paste them to my slides/article manuscripts.

"Excel"

What do you like best?

Excel is wonderful for Novice users, Pretty much anyone wanting to use the program can figure it out relatively just by playing around with it however Excel is a powerful tool that often requires more Vance classes to use the program to its full extent.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot to remember and no easy look up our shortcuts for using Excel. You may remember a report or a presentation where are the numbers looked easy to get but when you try to re-configure them often times there’s a lot of behind the scenes but you don’t see that makes it look effortless on the surface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excel maybe the most widely known form and most powerful but often not the simplist for novice users to begin with. Highly recommend software but also advanced classes for people fully working with this platform .

Pretty much all statistics whether it be financial or population wise can be easily shared in excel and with multiple people across the organization from different backgrounds that would easily understand the information being given to them.

Microsoft Excel review by User

"Software used by almost everyone - no explanation required"

What do you like best?

Excel has come a long way from the standard spreadsheet. It is used by practically every office, student, business, person. It is very powerful now and can integrate seamlessly into other Microsoft Office suite of programs such as work, powerpoint, and outlook. I like that it can create macros, formulas, and other apps which can be easily integrated directly into the software. It is great for crunching large numbers of data, viewing large data files, and searching data files.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it has rather long load times, especially if macros and other apps have been installed for Excel. If you replace your standard hard drive with a solid state drive (SSD), you will se