Microsoft Expression Web

3.9

Expression Web is a full-featured professional tool for designing, developing, and publishing compelling, feature-rich websites that conform to web standards.

Work for Microsoft Expression Web?

Learning about Microsoft?

Microsoft Expression Web Reviews

Showing 66 Microsoft reviews
Microsoft review by manuel C.
manuel C.

"Editor web Muy eficaz"

What do you like best?

Tiene la habilidad de superar las versiones de FrontPage 2003 y otros programas diseñados para páginas web. Tambien, es Realmente facil de utilizar para el mecanismo WYSIWYG. A pesar de la eficacia de esta herramienta, en los años pasados, los creadores participaron la posible desaparición del mercado para ser reemplazado por otro. La versión principal de FrontPage 2003 por su sparentezco en los aspectos de este último. Se utiliza el mecanismo WYSIWYG para modificar páginas web.

What do you dislike?

Cuando utilizo la vista dividida se cuelga el software, ya estoy tratando con el soporte técnico aunque creo que es falla de mi equipo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

es un software muy completo, ya cuando le tomas el hilo es realmente fácil crear un sitio web online profesional

Es una buena herramienta para crear tu sitio en linea entrar a el mercado de competencia online.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Expression Web
Microsoft review by Kin Y.
Kin Y.

"An easy to use Web editor"

What do you like best?

It doesn't take much effort to learn. It's probably not more difficult to use than Microsoft Powerpoint. I used to use Frontpage years ago and since its demise, I switched to use this free software.

And, it's FREE (which is the major deal in my opinion) !

What do you dislike?

It's slow to start just like any Microsoft Office software.

And it's perhaps not the most extensive web editor. You can imagine more functions that can be added.

Moreover, "Microsoft Expression Web" is generally for a designer, not a programmer, I guess. This may be its biggest limitation, in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use this when the Frontpage stopped to be available.

I've used it both by editing the HTML as well as using the WYSIWYG portion. I've found this to be the most effective.

Sometimes, I wrote a little webpage for our group and our Dept. to help myself and other people to obtain information and keep the records for our groups.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Microsoft review by Amber M.
Amber M.

"Expression Web 4 - beginners welcome"

What do you like best?

I love the versatility of this program. While at first, it was harder for me to navigate, I have learned a lot over time and it allows me to be creative in my web design. My other favorite thing about Expression Web is that you can preview your web pages in a variety of platforms (and versions of those platforms) to ensure they look right before you make them live.

What do you dislike?

I do struggle, sometimes, with the coding, but that's more my lack of knowledge than the program's fault. I think the only thing I wish was better was that once you save a version of the page, it's harder to undo something - if you've messed something up in the last save, and see that in the super preview, then you usually have to start over - unless you know exactly where you went wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I've mentioned before, it can be difficult to start off - get a book to help you out, or use/purchase site templates initially - then when you're better at coding and design you'll be able to make your own sites with much less effort and time.

I'm solving the expense of hiring someone else to design and maintain a website for my business by using Expression Web. I've realized that although it was difficult to do all of the things on my own initially, I have learned a lot about web design and making sure my pages are in the best format and design that they can be to attract more people to the page.

Microsoft review by Kathleen W.
Kathleen W.

"Sometimes I love it: Sometimes I cuss it"

What do you like best?

I like the WYSIWYG feature. I love that I can switch from Code to Design easily. I like the ease of importing images into a web page and being able to paste Word text right into the page. The ease of adding photo alternate text and resizing a photo in the program is nice. I like the flexibility.

What do you dislike?

I have had a problem using templates. They often don;t show up on line as they look in the program. Hate when it looks great in the program and then when I put it online it is different. Code often gets carried over from pasted text and makes changes that don't show until you make the page live. Then you need to go searching through the code to find the mistake as it doesn't show in the design page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about creating a quality web page and are willing to handle the learning curve it is worth it. Not something you just jump in and understand right away. I am using the free version. I imagine the newer ones have more bells and whistles but this works for me.

I create a quarterly Ezine and also blog pages in between regular issues.

Microsoft review by Cory M.
Cory M.

"Microsoft Expression Web Review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and edit, even for beginners. The best aspect of Microsoft Expression Web is the preview option. This is great for testing your sight to see where there might be flaws depending on what browser you are choosing to use.

What do you dislike?

to get the best usage out of Microsoft Expression Web, you need to have experience in editing and Microsoft. The program can definitely be daunting to a first timer- luckily there is a pretty responsive help desk. Do not use on an old computer!! I used this program on an old PC and immediately could tell my computer was running slower. Use with newer PC's with up to date software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth using the free trial to see if it meets your needs

online advertising in an eye appealing way- I want to stand out from other websites and online adds

Microsoft review by Ricky S.
Ricky S.

"Very Efficient Web Editor"

What do you like best?

I love the UI/UX for the Expression web, very clear interface and preview features are awesome. Costs very less compared to others, so that's a plus as well.

What do you dislike?

Lacks some key features. For ex. you get built in support for designing for mobile devices etc. in Dreamweaver, that feature is missing in Microsoft Ex Web.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something that is easier for everyone to use, be it a rookie go for it! It won't prove expensive in long run. You can ask for the suggestions from fellow web designers but this will definitely prove worth the time and money spent on it. GO for it!

it consumes lot less time than Dreamweaver. For my business I have to mostly be current on the deadlines. And This platform totally helps me executing faster and in a more efficient manner.

Microsoft review by Zulymar G.
Zulymar G.

"Creando páginas web para empoderar tu negocio en el mercado "

What do you like best?

The skill which it possesses on having overcome FrontPage's versions 2003 and other programs designed to prepare web pages. In addition it is easy to handle for the utilization of the mechanism WYSIWYG. In spite of the kindness of this product, in the previous years his creators announced the possible desaparacion of the market to there be replaced by another onsiderado FrontPage's top version 2003 by his similarity in aspects the latter. There uses the mechanism WYSIWYG to modify web pages.

What do you dislike?

In spite of the facilities and the options that this application offers it departs from his disadvantages they take root in that it is not possible to give him the usefulness to the files of Flash, in consequence it is necessary to add the HTML code to realize these works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the users who decide to create his personal strategy that allows to sell across content for a web portal, it is advisable to use platforms that are amicable and of easy managing to obtain the results to the briefness

The application improves the process of Web development. It is amicable to work with the technologies of last generation since it allows to the developers to expire with his aim to the briefness. Additional it possesses the kindness of the SuperPreview, offering to the user the possibility of comparing the pages in several mariners.

Microsoft review by Christ H.
Christ H.

"Perfect Web Designing Tool for Designeres. I have used this for long time."

What do you like best?

The tool provides multiple option on a single platform. You can edit and create every webdesign language from this tool. The tool supports HTML, CSS, AJax, Javascript. Currently I am using Web expression 6 on my Windows 10 system.

What do you dislike?

The software hangs while editing any web page. It needs to make some interface arrangements as well. When we are using split view, the screen pop up several times. So this thing irritate me some time. Apart from this the tool good for beginners as well for experts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend Microsoft Web Expression to others people as well. Because you get all the editors in single tool. Whether you required to edit the CSS, HTML, Javascript, ASP.net, PHP etc. It allows to place images directly from the software interface. You do not need to copy and paste relative paths.

I have been using this tool to manage websites of my clients and other agency as well. It help me generating preview of web page at the same time while i editing it. The shorts cuts so efficient which helps me lot to finish my on time before the deadline.

Microsoft review by Mark Allan K.
Mark Allan K.

"Expression Web Lost between Amateur and Pro"

What do you like best?

The familiar MS interface helps bridge the divide between the old Front Page UI and the new. But regrettably falls short as they try to please too many types of users and neglect their old FP users at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they totally left the old Front Page users in the dust by jettisoning foundational structures like being able to visually map a whole website and arrange pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a Front Page transition software regrettably this is not it...

The problems I am attempting to solve is to convert old FP websites into newer frameworks.

Microsoft review by Josep B.
Josep B.

"Much better than front page"

What do you like best?

Many features and a possibility to work with many common languages like html, css, JavaScript... I use it a lot and there are many functions for visual diagnostic and design

What do you dislike?

Is not easy to use, the user interface is not the best possible. Not very friendly for beginners but better than front page

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free version and I really recommend it, is better to start with a different program as adobe dreamweaver because is easier to use, but is much expensive

I worked with the web maintenance of my company. I used it everyday until Microsoft expression web 4. Nowadays My partner is on charge of the maintenance

Microsoft review by User in Higher Education

"An easy tool to maintaining websites"

What do you like best?

The interface of this tool is very user-friendly and there are a bunch of very good tutorials online that are always free of charge. Beginners can easily get familiar with the basic functions, so for the purpose of maintaining a website, I would definitely recommend it.

What do you dislike?

This webpage development tool is always good and provides multiple useful design template. The only issue that I have is the compatibility with chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very user-friendly and I recommend to people who had little or no experience with web development before.

I was using it for updating web pages of my student organization. I am satisfied with the services that expression web provides. However, once I made some changes to the webpage, I had to test it with different browsers and google chrome would be the last browser to show all the changes.

Microsoft review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Website Design"

What do you like best?

simple layout, could be used by armatures, or could be easily learned by people whom has interests in creating their own websites, as hobby, or even as a tool to create their own business advertisements. the program could be tried out as fee of charge by Microsoft. there are lots of tutorial videos, websites to be able learn the program more efficiently. Expression Web makes it faster and easier to create and maintain exceptional web sites. Since trial of offered by Microsoft for free, users could try out the software for themselves and decide whether the software is right one to use for them,

What do you dislike?

could be a bit complicated at the beginning of usage, seems a bit outdated layouts, tools, and could be heavy program for certain types of users. tools you need to produce high-quality, standards-based Web sites: built-in support for today’s Web standards, sophisticated CSS design capabilities, and visual diagnostic tools. Whether you work with PHP, HTML/XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, ASP.NET or ASP.NET AJAX, all these functions and heavy tools could potentially bog down computer, if computer in use is up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

trial is free, highly recommend users to try it out, and see for themselves to see if program is the right one for to each of their own.

I am trying to advertise certain businesses online, by creating creative and unique websites in order to stand out online which is flooding with online advertisements,

Microsoft review by Vikas R.
Vikas R.

"This product is just amazing while compairing to other editing tools."

What do you like best?

Microsoft Expression Web is the best one while comparing with other editing tools especially with Dreamweaver the only competitor to Expression Web, but some features are the best in Expression Web that is not in Dreamweaver like linking tool, link checking, go directly to css while clicking on a tag it will redirected to the particular line inside the css.

What do you dislike?

Expression Web 4.0 sometimes hang, and some features are not there like Dreamweaver [Screen size manually one can select & design according to that screen size.]

Microsoft expression web makes code editing easy while comparing to other editing tools, time saving as it directly lands to a link while clicking on it that feature is not available in any other editing tools I have used. I recommend it to almost every one I met, and after uses they also liked the tool that much. And the options it shows right after starting or ending a tag it shows their property that is the best thing & time saving among all.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"A Regular User of Microsoft's Expression Web 4"

What do you like best?

I really find that Microsoft's Expression Web's interface and it's ease of usability to be the program's strongest attribute. It is pretty easy to figure out issues and problems when creating a website, just by exploring their different tools and options. I've been using MEW4 for several years now and have learned quite a bit from this experience.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is that Microsoft has discontinued their support of MEW4 and there really is not much of a "help" section. The help that is provided in their support content does not go very far as to really explain the different topics and is very limited. Even the on-line help doesn't have much in the way of any kind of real technical support.

I run a large website for a successful Veterinarian Care Center and over the past few years we have had a large growth in size and personnel. I have had to keep up with this growth by expanding our website and in keeping it's content fresh and competitive. So that is the problem that I am constantly working on, to keep our website effective in reaching our company's goals. The benefits are easy recognized by the rapid expansion and growth that our company has seen over the last several years. Many clients have told us that they have decided to come to us because of the informative and user-friendly website that I have created using MEW4.

Microsoft review by Yogesh S.
Yogesh S.

"It's good but there are many better alternatives in market."

What do you like best?

The size. The package of download is much smaller than other apps like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator. Though there are other smaller apps like GIMP but those apps can't be compared to this as they don't offer comparable features and tools. Also, it comes in Free version as compared to Adobe's Creative Suite hefty monthly subscription and just 30 days trial whereas this has totally free version. Yes I can design for Microsoft, the icons and other graphics like some kind of UI, etc.

What do you dislike?

Limited features and usability; and legacy app. Yes this is good app but is mainly used by designers of Microsoft apps. The people who design using Segoe MDL2 Assets mostly use this app because those assets are most compatible with this, and as it doesn't offer features what Adobe Creative Suite Apps offer, which most designers and a designer like me want most are absent, of which the most required feature is work-ability with vectors. Also, this is a very old app which has no bright future due to what this app offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Microsoft isn't thinking towards it's Expression Suite. They just released it and didn't made it future proof by adding new features and tools to it. If Microsoft makes it comparable to Adobe's Creative Suite, I'd surely think about it.

Actually, I'm not currently using this app due to the problems which I described previously. This app mostly benefits in designing apps for Microsoft, icons, graphics, etc.

Microsoft review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Microsoft Expression Web - Good for most purposes"

What do you like best?

Ease of use as a WYSIWYG web development application. Quick, easy development and posting of client websites.

What do you dislike?

There are occasion when CSS does not properly implement on child pages when using a DWT. There are multiple occasions when I need to make corrections to page layouts or manually reference a CSS page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is excellent for most website development projects. It is not a "WIX" or "Site Grinder" and you will need to know and understand HTML standards as well as CSS in order to reap full functionality from the application

Website development and maintenance for a number of clients

Microsoft review by User

"Microsoft Expression Web Helps You Build Beautiful Websites!"

What do you like best?

I like that the inexperienced web designer can build a site as if they were creating a regular document offline. While you add your content, Microsoft Expression web is writing the code behind the scenes. More experienced web designers can choose to completely build their website in code view.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to be very careful if you aren’t editing your website in code view because when highlighting text and deleting it, you could be unknowingly deleting important coding that could cause errors on your website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I started using Microsoft Expression Web back when it was an application that you had to pay for to have access to all the features. I still really like it but since it switched to being free, it’s not being kept up to speed with updates as one would prefer.

Creating, editing, and maintaining our business websites which extends our customer reach and keeps us up-to-date with having an online presence.

Microsoft review by J Marie D.
J Marie D.

"WYSIWYG or Code Design"

What do you like best?

Simply put, MS Expression Web is the easiest design program that I've used. If you can use MS Word, you can use Expression Web. Or, for professionals, you can switch to the Coding side and edit in hard code, ignoring the WYSIWYG functions

What do you dislike?

The FPS functions are somewhat lacking, often not connecting even if the information is correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easiest if you put all of the items you need for the site you are working on in the same folder, and use that folder as a 'site'. That way, all of the items can be accessed via the menus and can be easily linked via drag - and - drop into the page for local linking.

I use this program as my primary design platform for my web design. it is simple and easy.

Microsoft review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Microsoft gives Dreamweaver a run for its money"

What do you like best?

Its ease of use and WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) interface makes it a fantastic tool for people both experienced and new in the world of HTML. Super preview is great, allowing to preview in various forms of browsers, and the price is far better than Dreamweaver.

What do you dislike?

Limitations. Doesnt integrate well with Adobe, nor, of course, Mac products. Generally best for ASP.net users (even though there are plenty of tutorials) and doesn't really support older versions of HTML.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for the Microsoft community and a much better step than FrontPage. Still in its infancy and probably has growing pains but the future seems bright.

Creating a coding community for Microsoft users. It will be good for those individuals to have a one stop shop for anything compatible to their products.

Microsoft review by Garima G.
Garima G.

"Excellent platform to code & design"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. Provides full fledged functionality to code & design web pages in compliance with the current standards

What do you dislike?

I wish we could use this to design applications for phones.

it is an efficient website editor that we use to design our web pages and websites.

Microsoft review by Billy L.
Billy L.

"Great Starter Program"

What do you like best?

The application is very easy to use. The layout and flow are comfortable in my opinion. I also like the small foot print. Overall it is a great product for people just starting out in Web design.

What do you dislike?

At some point you will hit the ceiling as your skills progress. Once you start getting your hands dirty in back end coding and dynamic content things get a bit limiting. Also, as your skills progress, you may or may not like the available transfer & sync options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is a fantastic product for the beginner. As your skills grow you can easily migrate to Visual Studio if you plan on staying the ASP/ASPX route. If you are a Linux/Unix based web developer, this is probably not the product for you as it does favor Windows based environments.

It does not scale well as your site grows. It really isn't ideal for site with a large number of pages, dynamic content and database integration. It is certainly not a professional web designer's program of choice but it wasn't intended to be so keep that in mind.

Microsoft review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"A fantastic alternative to the adobes suite"

What do you like best?

Lightweight editor with all the basics you'd expect from a simple editor. Quick load up. Split view allows for basic tests as you design. Code highlight works really well with basic CSS and HTML coding. Easy shortcuts that allow you to view designs in browser quite quickly. Nice and easy UI that anyone could pick up quite quickly. Easy to install and update. Cost effective solution.

What do you dislike?

Contains some useless views that not many would use, or elements like Folder lists that be buggy when upgrading. Some views take awhile to setup. Error logging is bizarre. No longer development by microsoft, despite it being a good tool. Expression SuperPreview Remote Beta showed true promise but support now dropped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will no longer get any further development on the product due to it being supported by the community. However, it is a good product and makes an ideal solution for a light weight HTML\CSS code editor. It is easy to use, has the normal expected tools such as code\preview splits and can easily be picked up by those non technical.

We needed a lightweight, easy to use web editor tool for users who would occassionally see and use code but not actively develop or require a license to the adobe suite of tools. We've seen an improvement in output through the use of expression web and users with minimal technical knowledge can now manipulate code easily and effectively.

Microsoft review by Executive Sponsor in Wireless
Executive Sponsor in Wireless

"Good software but not so good for new users"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Expression Web design software supports multiple standards such as XHTML, XML, CSS, and W3C. What is also nice is that it integrates with Expression Studio and Visual Studio.

What do you dislike?

It is a great replacement for FrontPage, it is not that great for new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expression Web is a solid, professional design program with plenty of extras for making Web 2.0 pages,. However there is simply not enough here for beginners. The small Expression Studio package give the user the basics for rich media designers. However, it is lacking the an depth digital design suite for repurposing work for the Web. If you are looking for these features take a look at Adobe

Easy design and layout of websites

Microsoft review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Robust and cost-effective web editor"

What do you like best?

Expression Web is capable of managing a large site (ours is 500+ individual pages) and offers split view between code and the final design so you can see the changes in real time. The interface is easy to use especially if you have some familiarity with web design and HTML.

What do you dislike?

Expression can be complex and cumbersome, especially for the beginning webmaster. There is a learning curve. The newbie user must do some research and gain some familiarity with code to use this software to its full potential.

Our website is old and does not have a CMS. Expression Web allows us to keep the website updated fairly easily without a lot of training.

Microsoft review by Hans K.
Hans K.

"Great product Expression Web 4"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and it is really what you see is what you get. Preview works great. I use IE and Chrome and in both browser you can check your code.

What do you dislike?

No new versions are made, that's a pitty. I also want to be able to create photo-albums. Now i use third party software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download it, install it and have fun with it.

I have build several web-sites, still in production today. For me, the product is easy to use, although i bought serveral books.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"You don't need to know HTML!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and create sites. I like using the split view to edit my web pages because you can easily go in and manipulate the code if needed and see it right away.

What do you dislike?

This is only windows based, so I'm stuck using it through VDI for work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a pretty basic html web editing program, so if you are not comfortable coding this product is for you!

Updated an internal communications/training site.

Microsoft review by Carmen R.
Carmen R.

"Great for beginners"

What do you like best?

It's a great introduction to web design for those transitioning from a Mac to a PC

What do you dislike?

It can be a little clunky to learn plus it takes a lot of battery power from your computer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it Mac compatible

It solves the problem to hire someone to design an intricate site when you can use it to make something quickly in a time crunch.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Easy to use HTML program"

What do you like best?

My old company used this program and then I was thrilled to be able to see some current colleagues use this. It was very easy to use when needing to edit files and upload online in our webpages.

What do you dislike?

I did not like sometimes how slow or how long it would take to run things and get things loaded in the page and converted in HTML and importing information sometimes took awhile that was just about the only dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is honestly a great program to use!!! Microsoft is a well known program and I can't imagine where they will be in 5-10 years!!!

We were able to load plans and letter and notes in the program and turn them into wonderful designs for events, meetings and such!

Microsoft review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Fairly easy to learn if you are familiar with Microsoft software. "

What do you like best?

Expressions allows you to switch views between design and code or both simultaneously .

What do you dislike?

some times after building a page and then go to save to a web server or publish the site it forgets to also save and upload any images within the page causing you to have to manually upload each image file separately to the server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is still one of most often used tools . . it is simple and effextive

Expressions handles the weight of quickly creating and maintaining your style sheets and cascading style sheets .

Microsoft review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Free HTML EDITOR and web designer"

What do you like best?

works like a charm. Can handle HTML5, CSS 3, ASP.NET, PHP, JavaScript, XML+XSLT and XHTML. Process smoothly and is legible.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools do not work properly with updates coming here and there which is a bummer like undo do and other shortcuts get lost at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone doing web layouts on Microsoft or if you cannot afford adobe this is a good choice.

When working on a Microsoft Computer this is my go to, works smoothly and has made it a breeze where prior had some struggles.

Microsoft review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great for users without html experience"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and understand. You only need to know very basic html to use it. I like how you can view both the html code and live view of your descriptions at the same time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it adds miscellaneous code that messes up the format on our website but that I cannot see while viewing in Web Expression.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and learn by anyone with basic computer skills. HTML experience is not necessary.

Writing product descriptions that are interesting and helpful to customers so we can sell more product.

Microsoft review by Tammy M.
Tammy M.

"Web designing with Microsoft expressions "

What do you like best?

The versatility it has is phenomenal. So many options you can make any website you want look very professional.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Just an all around great program

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will love the features it has

None

Microsoft review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Discontinued Expression Gets the Job Done, But Use Something More Up To Date"

What do you like best?

It's powerful, supports industry standards, and has functionality that compares with Adobe's product. The Sketch Flow component is terrific and saves time.

What do you dislike?

It's discontinued, but supported through 2020. This means it is what it is at this point. No upgrades are coming. No templates or wizards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, since it is no longer supported, I'd recommend going with a competitor's product. If it's what you got, it works terrific despite some limitations.

It has increased productivity and allowed us to have a shared tool for designers and developers.

Microsoft review by User in Higher Education

"Ecellent web design solution"

What do you like best?

This is one of the easiest and one of the most effective software tools to design and maintain your web pages. Within minutes I can update my website every week - it saves me a lot of time!

What do you dislike?

There could be better support for some more dynamic buttons and effects

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this software to anyone looking for an easy and powerful web editor solution.

Keeping my website easily and regularly updated. This is an excellent tool for the purpose.

Microsoft review by Iain R.
Iain R.

"Great, easy to use web design software"

What do you like best?

It has an easy-to-use interface and a great overall WYSIWYG editor

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it's a great all round software package with lots of features, easy to use.

It's a really good option for creating any web sites, especially business sites.

Microsoft review by Internal Consultant in Government Administration
Internal Consultant in Government Administration

"Great product until support was dropped"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and design centric, it was easy for non technical users to do some basic tasks with it.

What do you dislike?

Support dropped by Microsoft and was told to migrate to developer style tools like Visual Studio. Both are entirely different beasts as one is developer focused and the other is more general.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Visual Studio now that support has dropped.

Design issues without having a designer with development skills.

Microsoft review by Nathan R.
Nathan R.

"Great piece of web architecture"

What do you like best?

I like the customizable tabs and the ease of use

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how long it took to download the program and the warranty

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't forget to update

I was solving redesigning websites for people

Microsoft review by Jonna T.
Jonna T.

"Expeession Web"

What do you like best?

It is available for anyone and eligable

What do you dislike?

It is complicated at first but if you have a web design you can use it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a web design course as a basic education

Marketing and RH

Microsoft review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Microsoft Expression Web review"

What do you like best?

pretty straight forward tools with a very low price tag. Pretty easy to use for not knowing a lot about web design

What do you dislike?

Comparably speaking to other software programs that do the same thing- this a stripped down version that can easily handle like the other programs

The ease of creating website is more obtainable with this software

Microsoft review by Ijeoma E.
Ijeoma E.

"user friendly???"

What do you like best?

Easy to use once you have it figured out, especially if you have some basic html experience.

What do you dislike?

I didnt get a users guide. A step by step, introduction or get started book would have been helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

some training guide will be helpful

ability to update my website myself; which allows me to modify content as needed

Microsoft review by Sean B.
Sean B.

"Easy to use."

What do you like best?

Very easy to create and publish quick Web sites from included templates.

What do you dislike?

They could have more unique templates and easy commerce setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy easy easy.

Quick turn around time.

Microsoft review by Harshitha Y.
Harshitha Y.

"Microsoft"

What do you like best?

Software is very helpful and ease to use.

What do you dislike?

If license issue pops up...it is little inconvient to stop any work in between

I use it in my day to day life for tasks like presentation

Microsoft review by User in Computer Software

"WYSIWYG - Literally"

What do you like best?

This software is fantastic for those that don't have a lot of experience with html editors. This WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor is useful in developing simple HTML.

What do you dislike?

The software frequently freezes, requiring a full reboot your hardware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No that this software is no longer supported by Microsoft

HTML development

No real benefit over Dreamweaver, except it's easier to use for those that don't have HTML experience

Microsoft review by Consultant in Publishing
Consultant in Publishing

"Expression Web"

What do you like best?

Love that Expression Web replaces FrontPage in Microsoft's lineup, but it not so great when it fits into a different slot. It originates a typical HTML and CSS by default, and I like that it used some of the applications and operations that Visual Studio 2005 does. .

What do you dislike?

N/A. LOVE IT. No real issues. Took a bit to figure my way around.

Speed, consistency. Ability to do a broader type of design then using other programs.

Microsoft review by heather l.
heather l.

"I do not have much experience with Microsoft expression "

What do you like best?

I do not have much experience with Microsoft expression but enjoy any other Microsoft software.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. I do not have enough experience with Microsoft expression

Nothing at the moment.

Microsoft review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent Software for Webpage Design"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use software for editing the webpages

What do you dislike?

There is no Mac or Linux version. It works only in Windows environment

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You will love it.

We edit out web pages

Microsoft review by Edward N.
Edward N.

"Fast and reliable"

What do you like best?

The clean gui and user interface. Extremely fast

What do you dislike?

Random crashes every now and then. Sometimes hard to recover.

It helps me with my web design

Microsoft review by User in Design
User in Design

"Very useful and user friendly"

What do you like best?

The fact that is pre design to speed up the updates and or necessary changes

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how it’s functionality depends upon internet for more serious features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it and what better advise than to try it and see it for yourselves

Advertising and campaigning as well as customer volume, it’s just great very convenient to my progress

Microsoft review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"Podría mejorar"

What do you like best?

Es un entorno intuitivo, donde podemos ver todoas las erramientas de edición mas habituales.

What do you dislike?

Carece de las funcionalidades mas avanzadas que podemos encontrar en otros entornos de la competencia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si buscas algo sencillo, es tu entorno.

Es un editor que permite poner en el aire tu web sin muchos aspavientos. Hace lo que promete. Nada mas.

Microsoft review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"A brief experience with MS Expression. "

What do you like best?

Product is to new to me and all I have seen has been high level training.

What do you dislike?

There isn't enough deep dive training nor marketing to make this software meaningful to me.

Thought it would help but hasn't and have given up on it at this time. Expression came with other MS Office apps and is limited in use so guessing my company is still thinking about using expression.

Learning about Microsoft Expression Web?

* We monitor all Microsoft Expression Web reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.