Microsoft Expression Web

Expression Web is a full-featured professional tool for designing, developing, and publishing compelling, feature-rich websites that conform to web standards.

Work for Microsoft Expression Web?

Learning about Microsoft?

Microsoft Expression Web Reviews

Showing 42 Microsoft reviews
Microsoft review by <span>Amber M.</span>
Amber M.

Expression Web 4 - beginners welcome

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love the versatility of this program. While at first, it was harder for me to navigate, I have learned a lot over time and it allows me to be creative in my web design. My other favorite thing about Expression Web is that you can preview your web pages in a variety of platforms (and versions of those platforms) to ensure they look right before you make them live.

What do you dislike?

I do struggle, sometimes, with the coding, but that's more my lack of knowledge than the program's fault. I think the only thing I wish was better was that once you save a version of the page, it's harder to undo something - if you've messed something up in the last save, and see that in the super preview, then you usually have to start over - unless you know exactly where you went wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I've mentioned before, it can be difficult to start off - get a book to help you out, or use/purchase site templates initially - then when you're better at coding and design you'll be able to make your own sites with much less effort and time.

I'm solving the expense of hiring someone else to design and maintain a website for my business by using Expression Web. I've realized that although it was difficult to do all of the things on my own initially, I have learned a lot about web design and making sure my pages are in the best format and design that they can be to attract more people to the page.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Expression Web
Microsoft review by <span>Kathleen W.</span>
Kathleen W.

Sometimes I love it: Sometimes I cuss it

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the WYSIWYG feature. I love that I can switch from Code to Design easily. I like the ease of importing images into a web page and being able to paste Word text right into the page. The ease of adding photo alternate text and resizing a photo in the program is nice. I like the flexibility.

What do you dislike?

I have had a problem using templates. They often don;t show up on line as they look in the program. Hate when it looks great in the program and then when I put it online it is different. Code often gets carried over from pasted text and makes changes that don't show until you make the page live. Then you need to go searching through the code to find the mistake as it doesn't show in the design page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about creating a quality web page and are willing to handle the learning curve it is worth it. Not something you just jump in and understand right away. I am using the free version. I imagine the newer ones have more bells and whistles but this works for me.

I create a quarterly Ezine and also blog pages in between regular issues.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Microsoft review by <span>Cory M.</span>
Cory M.

Microsoft Expression Web Review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is easy to use and edit, even for beginners. The best aspect of Microsoft Expression Web is the preview option. This is great for testing your sight to see where there might be flaws depending on what browser you are choosing to use.

What do you dislike?

to get the best usage out of Microsoft Expression Web, you need to have experience in editing and Microsoft. The program can definitely be daunting to a first timer- luckily there is a pretty responsive help desk. Do not use on an old computer!! I used this program on an old PC and immediately could tell my computer was running slower. Use with newer PC's with up to date software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth using the free trial to see if it meets your needs

online advertising in an eye appealing way- I want to stand out from other websites and online adds

Microsoft review by <span>Zulymar G.</span>
Zulymar G.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The skill which it possesses on having overcome FrontPage's versions 2003 and other programs designed to prepare web pages. In addition it is easy to handle for the utilization of the mechanism WYSIWYG. In spite of the kindness of this product, in the previous years his creators announced the possible desaparacion of the market to there be replaced by another onsiderado FrontPage's top version 2003 by his similarity in aspects the latter. There uses the mechanism WYSIWYG to modify web pages.

What do you dislike?

In spite of the facilities and the options that this application offers it departs from his disadvantages they take root in that it is not possible to give him the usefulness to the files of Flash, in consequence it is necessary to add the HTML code to realize these works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the users who decide to create his personal strategy that allows to sell across content for a web portal, it is advisable to use platforms that are amicable and of easy managing to obtain the results to the briefness

The application improves the process of Web development. It is amicable to work with the technologies of last generation since it allows to the developers to expire with his aim to the briefness. Additional it possesses the kindness of the SuperPreview, offering to the user the possibility of comparing the pages in several mariners.

Microsoft review by <span>Christ H.</span>
Christ H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The tool provides multiple option on a single platform. You can edit and create every webdesign language from this tool. The tool supports HTML, CSS, AJax, Javascript. Currently I am using Web expression 6 on my Windows 10 system.

What do you dislike?

The software hangs while editing any web page. It needs to make some interface arrangements as well. When we are using split view, the screen pop up several times. So this thing irritate me some time. Apart from this the tool good for beginners as well for experts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend Microsoft Web Expression to others people as well. Because you get all the editors in single tool. Whether you required to edit the CSS, HTML, Javascript, ASP.net, PHP etc. It allows to place images directly from the software interface. You do not need to copy and paste relative paths.

I have been using this tool to manage websites of my clients and other agency as well. It help me generating preview of web page at the same time while i editing it. The shorts cuts so efficient which helps me lot to finish my on time before the deadline.

Microsoft review by <span>Mark Allan K.</span>
Mark Allan K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The familiar MS interface helps bridge the divide between the old Front Page UI and the new. But regrettably falls short as they try to please too many types of users and neglect their old FP users at the same time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they totally left the old Front Page users in the dust by jettisoning foundational structures like being able to visually map a whole website and arrange pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a Front Page transition software regrettably this is not it...

The problems I am attempting to solve is to convert old FP websites into newer frameworks.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Microsoft Expression Web?

* We monitor all Microsoft Expression Web reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.