Microsoft FAST

Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint combines the power of FAST with the simplicity of SharePoint. FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint delivers an exceptional intranet and people search experience and a platform for building custom search-driven applications.

Work for Microsoft FAST?

Learning about FAST?

Compare Microsoft FAST to Similar Solutions

Microsoft FAST Reviews

Showing 14 FAST reviews
FAST review by <span>lillian d.</span>
lillian d.

"Does everything we needed and fixed 07's issues"

What do you like best?

It expanded up 07 in the right ways without creating more problems, and was easily integrated without having to pay for unnecessary upgrades since my office was already on 07.

What do you dislike?

If we had been new to it, it's a bit costly to set up from scratch. It's several thousand dollars for new integration. But in saying that it's worth it and a necessity for a modern business..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though it's pricey, you'll be thankful you got it, and if you'd be going from just upgrading you have no reason not to.

It keeps my business connected to each other and the web in a streamlined coordinated way. It just works for us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft FAST
FAST review by <span>Brennan B.</span>
Brennan B.

"Daily SharePoint User"

What do you like best?

It is a very straightforward. The interface is very intuitive. I can personalize settings for groups and for individual users. I can create forms and publish them in the same day. I can pull data from the libraries and export it to an excel datasheet.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have to create a page in a form two or three times because the form won't save the formatting. The forms and databases are not very secure you can edit the URL's to access databases and forms they probably shouldn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something that is quick and easy to get into and manage. This is the product for you.

I am a form creator for a college. I create and manage student and staff facing forms. I manage permissions and run reports on data collected through the forms. The form creator aspect is extremely customizable and easily used.

What Enterprise Search solution do you use?

FAST review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to access and stay organized"

What do you like best?

We have been using Share Point for two years now and its simplicity and organization tools are optimal. Receiving notifications through email when someone has changed something in Share Point is also a plus.

What do you dislike?

The software is relatively easy to use, however when you are uploading documents, you have to do it one at a time which is really inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to stay within FERPA regulations and ensure that all documents are safe and backed up.

We are using Share Point as a way to secure documents and keep them organized for students.

FAST review by User in Higher Education

"Aesthetically pleasing and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and the layout is extremely clear for all users.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit clunky to use when editing the pages as an Administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, I find it very pleasing on the eye and easy to navigate. I can understand older and less tech-savvy users having difficulties navigating around though.

It allows us to advertise to staff about events and the services we offer as a department.

FAST review by <span>Malik B.</span>
Malik B.

"Sharepoint 2010"

What do you like best?

I mainly like the ease of access and storage of data, as well as sharing.

I also like the notification system

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that the system is a little slow a few times, and I would have liked the data to be exploitable more easily, with macro in Excel by example

we managed to set up our repair tracking, data sharing and problem solving in the SUpply Chain

FAST review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Most other Solutions are Better"

What do you like best?

It has integration with other Microsoft products helps with version control on documents and the ability to share information moderately quickly with team members. It allows for IT administrators to deploy solutions moderately quickly as well.

What do you dislike?

The product itself is clunky and unwieldy. It is not very useful in terms of idea sharing. It has not kept up with other sharing products that are available now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably try, but ultimately go another direction. Not good enough

Mostly it solves version control with documents, specifically Microsoft documents. It allows for larger attachments that cannot be sent through email.

Learning about Microsoft FAST?

* We monitor all Microsoft FAST reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Microsoft FAST to Similar Solutions