Microsoft FAST

Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint combines the power of FAST with the simplicity of SharePoint. FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint delivers an exceptional intranet and people search experience and a platform for building custom search-driven applications.

Work for Microsoft FAST?

Learning about FAST?

Compare Microsoft FAST to Similar Solutions

Microsoft FAST Reviews

Ask FAST a Question
Showing 14 FAST reviews
FAST review by lillian d.
lillian d.

"Does everything we needed and fixed 07's issues"

What do you like best?

It expanded up 07 in the right ways without creating more problems, and was easily integrated without having to pay for unnecessary upgrades since my office was already on 07.

What do you dislike?

If we had been new to it, it's a bit costly to set up from scratch. It's several thousand dollars for new integration. But in saying that it's worth it and a necessity for a modern business..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though it's pricey, you'll be thankful you got it, and if you'd be going from just upgrading you have no reason not to.

It keeps my business connected to each other and the web in a streamlined coordinated way. It just works for us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft FAST
FAST review by Brennan B.
Brennan B.

"Daily SharePoint User"

What do you like best?

It is a very straightforward. The interface is very intuitive. I can personalize settings for groups and for individual users. I can create forms and publish them in the same day. I can pull data from the libraries and export it to an excel datasheet.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have to create a page in a form two or three times because the form won't save the formatting. The forms and databases are not very secure you can edit the URL's to access databases and forms they probably shouldn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something that is quick and easy to get into and manage. This is the product for you.

I am a form creator for a college. I create and manage student and staff facing forms. I manage permissions and run reports on data collected through the forms. The form creator aspect is extremely customizable and easily used.

What Enterprise Search solution do you use?

FAST review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to access and stay organized"

What do you like best?

We have been using Share Point for two years now and its simplicity and organization tools are optimal. Receiving notifications through email when someone has changed something in Share Point is also a plus.

What do you dislike?

The software is relatively easy to use, however when you are uploading documents, you have to do it one at a time which is really inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to stay within FERPA regulations and ensure that all documents are safe and backed up.

We are using Share Point as a way to secure documents and keep them organized for students.

FAST review by User in Higher Education

"Aesthetically pleasing and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and the layout is extremely clear for all users.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit clunky to use when editing the pages as an Administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, I find it very pleasing on the eye and easy to navigate. I can understand older and less tech-savvy users having difficulties navigating around though.

It allows us to advertise to staff about events and the services we offer as a department.

FAST review by Malik B.
Malik B.

"Sharepoint 2010"

What do you like best?

I mainly like the ease of access and storage of data, as well as sharing.

I also like the notification system

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that the system is a little slow a few times, and I would have liked the data to be exploitable more easily, with macro in Excel by example

we managed to set up our repair tracking, data sharing and problem solving in the SUpply Chain

FAST review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Most other Solutions are Better"

What do you like best?

It has integration with other Microsoft products helps with version control on documents and the ability to share information moderately quickly with team members. It allows for IT administrators to deploy solutions moderately quickly as well.

What do you dislike?

The product itself is clunky and unwieldy. It is not very useful in terms of idea sharing. It has not kept up with other sharing products that are available now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably try, but ultimately go another direction. Not good enough

Mostly it solves version control with documents, specifically Microsoft documents. It allows for larger attachments that cannot be sent through email.

FAST review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Great For Team Planning"

What do you like best?

I loved the capabilities for team planning and the ability to connect all the Microsoft platforms into one page/software.

What do you dislike?

The usability was not as great as expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The learning curve is high, but the internet offers great videos on how to work the behind the scenes. It works best with Microsoft Insight.

We were creating live data for safety goals. Tabulating injuries, lost time all in real time pivot tables.

FAST review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"MS FAST Server"

What do you like best?

Facet based search is much nicer for sites to use in tagging content. It's easier and I believe more performant than using a google search appliance inside you network.

What do you dislike?

Tagging. It's such a tedious task to complete, why do we need people to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get ready for some tedium.

I used FAST and it's predecessor (before MS bought it) on a very big NewsPrint set of websites.

FAST review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"user"

What do you like best?

We create work flow processes, and client processes. this is a great place for the whole office to get the same info.

What do you dislike?

it need to be user friendly..they need to make all areas to find different info

Recommendations to others considering the product

making sure everyone is doing the same thing and getting the same information

FAST review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Ben's Review of Microsoft FAST"

What do you like best?

Ease of navigation. I Use it frequently when our FTP server is down or lagging.

What do you dislike?

Setting up customized features can confusing. I've also heard from colleagues that it was expensive to set up initially.

Posting files, docs to a third-party vendor. The vendor uses it more frequently then we do. I utilize to to post data files and project requirement docs.

FAST review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"SharePoint for sharing project material"

What do you like best?

I like that we can collaborate and have many users use this product and secure folders

What do you dislike?

the down side of setting up security is every time a user wants access to folders/projects they have to ask an admin

Recommendations to others considering the product

you may need to investigate and take a few admin coursed

project file sharing

FAST review by Mitch G.
Mitch G.

"Not very good. Very clumsy & difficult"

What do you like best?

The interface is good and very simple to use. Easily adding interfaces

What do you dislike?

clumsy and didnt' keep me on track. I had to spend some time learning all it can do

Trying to keep track of my project

FAST review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Clunky, ubiquitous product"

What do you like best?

Our enterprise already had it and was familiar with it

What do you dislike?

Clunky, difficult to use, difficult to redesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just use it because of the Microsoft label. Shop around.

KM tool for collaboration and document storage

FAST review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Microsoft SharePoint User "

What do you like best?

The ability to easily share project information with colleagues

What do you dislike?

Not able to find project folders easily if coworkers do not label them correctly

Salesforce.com implementation requirement sharing with coworkers

Learning about Microsoft FAST?

* We monitor all Microsoft FAST reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Microsoft FAST to Similar Solutions