Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management

Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) helps you get started quickly and execute projects with ease. Built-in templates, familiar scheduling tools, and access across devices increase productivity for project managers and teams.

Work for Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management?
Keyedinprojects userreview  2x

Learning about MS Project?

Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management Reviews

Showing 1184 MS Project reviews
MS Project review by <span>Jon F.</span>
Jon F.

MS Project Delivers Results

What do you like best?

I love (love!) that I can sync my Project Pro 2016 files with task lists on SharePoint sites.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the license cost for each Project Pro 2016 seat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So...here's the deal. We don't want to use Project Pro 2016. We want to use the Office 365 MS Project Online application. But our IT hasn't enable this application and very likely won't be enabling the Project Online application within the next calendar year. My recommendation would be to use Project Online. However, MS Project Pro 2016 is a great alternative especially if your enterprise utilizes the SharePoint environment as well. Be prepared for a small learning curve in getting started with using Project Pro 2016 productively but nearly as bad as some other online project management applications. Also, *big recommendation*: learn the Project Pro 2016 shortcut keys for adding tasks, summaries, indenting and outdenting tasks etc. Suuuuuper helpful!

One of the biggest problems that we're solving with MS Project Pro 2016 is collaboration and communication of project plans, backlogs, and tasks. Syncing Project files with task lists on our PMO SharePoint pages is a huge win for us team of PMs. This feature makes it very easy to communicate information about the progress on a project in almost real time. Love it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management
MS Project review by <span>Aubrey W.</span>
Aubrey W.

Project

What do you like best?

The Project and Portfolio ap provides you with templates and shortens the time you spend on putting things in place. You can focus on the depth of the information you are sending out rather than throwing something together and it does not appear professional and the information is missed. You can also invite your team into the project. This works well when delegating information and having staff work on different components of a project.

What do you dislike?

The software is somewhat limiting and can cause frustration because it doesnt have what you are being asked to provide. When bringing in new team members it is safe to give them a preview of the software to make sure they can utilize the product and keep up the pace of the project.

I have been able to put together a rough draft of a project quicker, saving time stress and can edit it to the likeness of my team quicker. While using the software I have been able to view the project and show the process when asked.

What Project Management solution do you use?

MS Project review by <span>Cesar G.</span>
Cesar G.

Project manager in an easy way

What do you like best?

I like project because it lends an administration of all those projects this tool helps us to develop and design projects of our company, given the options of allocation of resources to tasks, follow up on progress, administrat budget and workload analysis .

I also like that you keep track of the risks that the project has with the data that is provided in the template.

it included the ability to create and manage activity plans, also known as lightweight projects, and personal projects

What do you dislike?

You can not measure neither the productivity of the machines nor the people, other than the performance either. This is a great disadvantage for the program, since it is an important item for project control.

Very expensive compared to the alternatives presented by the competition.

The application to work on the Internet is purchased separately

It is not a multiplatform program (those that work in both LINUX and WINDOWS), so it has restricted its use to certain users.

It also does not have the basic tools for the planning of most projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend project as it is a complete project manager of your company, since it has several tools that help you keep track of your activities or tasks of your project, also helps in making decisions and the execution schedule of tasks scheduled to complete a project.

Assist project managers in the development of plans, assignment of resources to tasks, track progress, manage budget and analyze workloads.

MS Project review by <span>aditya T.</span>
aditya T.

Tracking the project was never professional before.

What do you like best?

The MS project is a well known tool for the beginners and also the pros who like me who are in IT industry and this tool has helped us over many years and now it has become an important tool for tracking resource allocation and finishing the project in a scheduled time.Also the different charts representations is the most attractive feature i like about it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing i dislike about MS project is the tools still an underrated amongst the software engineers as the Microsoft like Giant havent been totally focusing totally on the development of the tool which results in less popularity amongst other tools who are specially build for industry project like Altassians JIRA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As MS project is a great tool for development and maintaining portfolio in recent times due to its ease of use and its functionalities which satisfies almost everyones need.

I have been solving many problems like scheduling, project planning ,resource allocation , Maintenance, and Project cost estimation.

MS Project review by <span>Josh R.</span>
Josh R.

Microsoft Project really helps keep me on task and organized.

What do you like best?

I like how robust Microsoft project is. I can track costs, milestones, resource, due dates, etc. all withing one project. I can honestly say it is a Microsoft Product that works and works well.

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve which is one of it's downfall. Once you learn the software it isn't too bad. Another downfall is how ugly it looks when printed out. If everyone has project and you can show it inside the software then all is good. But if you have to print something out for a meeting, it gets messy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a project manager and are having trouble keeping things on task, this will be exactly what you will need. This tool is the best one on the market.

I am a project manager and it helps me be as efficient at my job as possible.

MS Project review by <span>Gasia B.</span>
Gasia B.

Easy to use Software for Project Schedules

What do you like best?

What I like best about this software is that it is a Microsoft product so it is straightforward to use. You can open the document easily and start sifting through the schedule in front of you and add and delete as needed.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is that this software is not available on a Mac, so I end up using it on the Parallels side of my computer. If they could make it available across all platforms, it would make it so much easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to immediately save the document as soon as you start working on it. Even the smallest changes can make a difference and if you don't save you might lose important information. Also, be sure to ensure your version is on the server if you choose to use the server option. Otherwise, the changes you make will stay on your local machine and never be seen from other team members. Other than that, great software to use for teams needing to use this software. Another suggestion is that it needs to be checked out prior to use, otherwise, it can override a version someone is already working on.

The biggest issue this was resolved is that I can know view the actual schedule and make changes if I need to rather than getting a PDF of the schedule and having no control of the document. The benefit is that I can edit the schedule to realize hypothetical scenarios and dates for a particular project.

Learning about Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management?

* We monitor all Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.