Microsoft Office

Office Productivity Suite Includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint

Work for Microsoft Office?

Learning about Office?

Microsoft Office Reviews

Showing 1004 Office reviews
Office review by <span>Stephanie L.</span>
Stephanie L.

Word Works

Validated Review
What do you like best?

As an editor, Microsoft Word is a fantastic tool for organizing content and cutting down word count. The program is easy to use and accessible anywhere. Also, Excel allows me to create thumbnails for organizing layouts of books and magazines, as well as keeping track of assignment due dates and contract pay.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don’t like about Microsoft Word is the difficulties and extra time I have to take when copying into InDesign. I completely lose fonts and styles, such as bold and italics. So I have to keep the word doc open and scan every page to manually enter style updates in InDesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t expect anything fancy, but you can expect to get the work done. Every product has a starting point, and for those in the writing/editing field—Microsoft office is the perfect place to start!

Cutting text is a major part of my job, so having the word count at the bottom of the page helps me know how much of the text will or won’t fit onto the pages in InDesign. Excel is also key to organizing my products and the writers I manage, so I use it almost daily as well, to facilitate the overall publishing process.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Office
Office review by <span>Derik P.</span>
Derik P.

An Expensive Must-Have

What do you like best?

Microsoft office is a bit of a staple software in business. There's really no way around it. The grammar and spell-checking software in Word are very strong. I'm a daily user of Excel and they keep making great improvements to that platform year over year.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive. Especially for businesses. It's unreasonable how much more expensive a business license is compared to a personal license. I understand that the business license comes with more features, but it doesn't really come with more useful features. I'd rather opt out of all the extras and add-ons and just pay less per person. There is also a high frequency of updates now, it can get disruptive when you're in a workflow and you get interrupted by a pop-up to update everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly review the pricing model before deciding a package. I'm in a smaller company, so it was actually quite a bit cheaper for us to buy each of our employees a personal subscription to Office instead of signing up with Microsoft as a business.

Office helps us create documentation that's a little more shareable. Google Drive is not always the easiest way to share information with people outside of our business, Office helps with that. Excel is a platform that many of our specialists use to manage daily budgets on ad platforms like Facebook, YouTube, and Adwords.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Office Suites solution do you use?

Office review by <span>Hannah L.</span>
Hannah L.

Microsoft Office Review

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

True to its reputation, Microsoft Office offers a phenomenal array of options for virtually any use. I've used it now for over a decade, and as the versions of Microsoft have evolved, so has its ease of use. It is a staple for both academic and personal use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes updates to Microsoft Office can bring about significant change in terms of layout and organization, and it can take a while to get adjusted to where everything is. I have also had issues in the past, particularly with Powerpoint and Excel, working with large datasets or files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The strength of Microsoft Office comes from the fact that it contains multiple programs, allowing you to connect different functions.

I use Microsoft Office to analyze and organize data for my current research, and have also used it to craft academic presentations. It's allowed me to share my work with collaborators and coworkers, and its universal familiarity makes it easy to work with others.

Office review by <span>Jessica F.</span>
Jessica F.

I love the MS Office application

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that you have access to your mailbox, calendar, and also Word/Excel documents at the touch of a button. I do like that the various MS documents are automatically saved within your account. I also like that this application can be utilized from your phone as everything is done with technology today we like to be able to see and communicate thru our phones and still be able to see that important work related information. I do like that it has lots of space for several folders within so that everything can be sorted and organized and found later quickly and easily. The application does seem to be user friendly. Even the most timid/new user can be introduced to it and can become familiar with it very quickly. Very impressed with this application.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more calendar spacing/alerts available within that. I do not the ease/personalization of how we read our pieces of mail. I think we should have more choices of where it can be placed and be visable especially if you are reading sensitive information within it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. One of the best communication applications for the workplace I've found in awhile. Granted a few qwerks but nothing huge and definitely more pros than the cons.

Always able to keep memos within our folders for further reference as our office always needs to be able to do that. So in that aspect it has improved our business functions.

Office review by <span>Christopher B.</span>
Christopher B.

Feature-Rich Office Suite

What do you like best?

Microsoft Office is hands down the best and most full-featured office suite available on the market. The best new features are the ability to easily save to Microsoft’s Cloud folders, One Drive. This lets you access files from anywhere. You can either sign into Office/One Drive on another computer or access the files on the new web applications for Microsoft Word and Excel, among others. In this way, Microsoft has directly begun competing with Google Docs, and with a software platform that many people have already been using for years.

What do you dislike?

The price. Microsoft Office has always been somewhat pricey, and that has not changed. Open source Office Suites are available with similar (albeit not as wide of a variety) features and ability to save in .doc, .xls, .ppt, etc. formats. Google Docs is also free and available as a web application for cloud access/editing of documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you don’t mind paying for premium quality. The upload center cloud feature makes remote access very easy.

Typical Office Suite uses: editing text documents, creating and manipulating spreadsheets, and creating and editing presentations. Ability to access a constantly updating cloud folder from both my work and office computer makes for seamless transition from work to home when working with files.

Office review by <span>lisandro g.</span>
lisandro g.
What do you like best?

Es muy facil para cuadrar las hojas de papel cellado que exije el registro para todos los documentos legales, tambien puedo leer y enviar los documentos que elaboro con el outlook, el paquete viene completo, para realizar documentos, manejo de correos pueden tenerlos todos, tambien puedo manejar en las hojas de calculo los gastos y cobranzas pendietes de mis clientes.Puedo agendar mis reuniones y citas o visitas al registro.

What do you dislike?

cuando sale una nueva version tengo que volver a comprar y las cambian muy seguido. Me costo aprender como ajustar las hojas al pepel cellado con el manejo de tamaño de papel y margenes, a mi edad es mas dificil ya que vengo de la maquina de escribir, pero mi hijo me ayudo y me las cuadro,

Recommendations to others considering the product

es un paquete economico para todo lo que trae y junto con los beneficios que optienes, si lo puedo instalar yo cualquier lo puede hacer, son pocas las cosas que tuvieron que enseñarme,, un paquete de oficina completo tiene todo lo que usamos en una oficina con secretarias y asistentes, además que todos mis clientes y las personas que conozco lo tienen y eso facilita el trabajo cuando les envias los documentos que los pueden abrir y utilizar.

envio los documentos legales a mis clientes para su revision, los hago en word y los envio por correo, sin tener que moverme, y una vez que los revisan me los mandan y yo lo corrijo, listo, me voy a registro, tampobo tengo que imprimir sino ya cuando esta revisado y listos para la firma, ahorro de papel y tinta.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Microsoft Office?

* We monitor all Microsoft Office reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.