Microsoft Office

Office Productivity Suite Includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint

Work for Microsoft Office?

Learning about Office?

Microsoft Office Reviews

Showing 1156 Office reviews
Office review by <span>Steve M.</span>
Steve M.

Everything you want to do, Microsoft Office can help do it.

What do you like best?

I love Excel's formulas from counting, summing, and vlookups. It does amazing things and in half the time. Truly amazing. Word and PowerPoint are two of my favorite programs other than Excel. They provide some of the simplest methods of creating documents and presentations.

What do you dislike?

Help feature is not the best. You would need to go online and search How To pages and videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has everything. They continue to add features that will make life easier. For the features that are missing, there are companies that allow you to buy their add-ons to do what you need.

We are able to import reports into Excel and create spreadsheets with filters and formulas. In the passed, the full abilities of Excel were not being utilized so projects were taking much longer to complete. By the time a project started, it would be a full week later just to set up the spreadsheet to our liking. With Excel, I can have the spreadsheet ready within 5 minutes or an hour depending on the difficulty of what is required.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Office
Office review by <span>David R.</span>
David R.

Exelent Software can help you to do a lot.

What do you like best?

It is like an assistant, this software helps you to do a lot of things without effort.

Before office the administrative employees had to do a lot and a lot of work for week, now with the suit of office you could improve the productivity of your business with almost anything of effort; all those work that should be performed in the past for an army of workers, now a day could be performed in a little moment for a few workers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you can get a lot and a lot of updates that not improve the quality of the templates or graphic designs for your required works.

For that could be perfect if the Microsoft company offer a modern variety line of personalized templates in order to give to your works professional and unique endings, not matter if we are talking of powerpoint presentations or word letters; all are needing modern designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, it is a good product I recommend It, this software multiply the productivity of any employee.

A lot of things, for example with excel you can analyze almost unlimited databases and represent your data in a modern graphics in order to show a human visualization for the data mined of your business.

With PowerPoint you could develop beautiful work presentations, create powerful and intuitive magazines about the new aspects that involve your business, as enterprises research or products.

Word allows you to design letters and communications, with excellent quality and good aspect, with the idea of improves the communication inside your company, among other companies or with your government.

What Office Suites solution do you use?

Office review by <span>Julian P.</span>
Julian P.

A software for my company development

What do you like best?

I like the possibility to share around the office the documents we're working on at any time of project execution, create working sessions with contractor and clients over any topic of project development. In addition, we can sync the e-mail and calendar software with the project calendar. Every part of the software is familiar and there are new additions to it, which give us more value

What do you dislike?

This software is based on the cloud and there's a concern that we're not noticed of any defense of cloud protection, I don`t know if my data is protected or is on the public eye, we're worried about it. In other hand, the software need some work about the strength of mobile app and new features. And there are some aspects of the old software that lose some abilities once the software is updated

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is a must in the development and projection for you company, we triedout for a while and began to understand the difference between this software and the classic office software, everything is conected, saving time and flexibility for you and your company

The main business problem is our every day works at the office because we have to develop some documents and send e-mails, make some phone calls and prepare proposals, these are the base of the Office software. In addition, our proposals are made with the document of proposal, table of cost and Gantt diagram of time execution. The cost are calculated with our own suited access cost program is very helpful

Office review by <span>Prasad Z.</span>
Prasad Z.

Great package for windows users

What do you like best?

1. I am a fan of the whole package. ppt, excel, word and one drive are some of the most common tools i have used.

2. Given that i work on huge data sets, the excel from office helps me manipuate my datasheets to make the report more visually perceivable.

3. The power point presentation is yet again another powerful tool with a lot of predefined functionaities that could be used to our advantage.

4. the word docuumets help me document most of our current user needs and create version histories.

5. The autosave option is a life savier most of the times as i keep forgetting to save the files i edit.

What do you dislike?

Since i am habituated with this package, just like i am habituated to Windows, i cannot think of anything much to say why i dislike it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am habituated with this one like most of the population and cannot see switching to any other software package in the near future.

It works best for presentations with some pre defined templates in powerpoint presenation, to create datasheets in excel (excel is a very powerful tool if one knows how to exploit it), word documents to create andd keep tab of documentation.

Office review by <span>Stephanie L.</span>
Stephanie L.

Word Works

What do you like best?

As an editor, Microsoft Word is a fantastic tool for organizing content and cutting down word count. The program is easy to use and accessible anywhere. Also, Excel allows me to create thumbnails for organizing layouts of books and magazines, as well as keeping track of assignment due dates and contract pay.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don’t like about Microsoft Word is the difficulties and extra time I have to take when copying into InDesign. I completely lose fonts and styles, such as bold and italics. So I have to keep the word doc open and scan every page to manually enter style updates in InDesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t expect anything fancy, but you can expect to get the work done. Every product has a starting point, and for those in the writing/editing field—Microsoft office is the perfect place to start!

Cutting text is a major part of my job, so having the word count at the bottom of the page helps me know how much of the text will or won’t fit onto the pages in InDesign. Excel is also key to organizing my products and the writers I manage, so I use it almost daily as well, to facilitate the overall publishing process.

Office review by <span>Derik P.</span>
Derik P.

An Expensive Must-Have

What do you like best?

Microsoft office is a bit of a staple software in business. There's really no way around it. The grammar and spell-checking software in Word are very strong. I'm a daily user of Excel and they keep making great improvements to that platform year over year.

What do you dislike?

It's expensive. Especially for businesses. It's unreasonable how much more expensive a business license is compared to a personal license. I understand that the business license comes with more features, but it doesn't really come with more useful features. I'd rather opt out of all the extras and add-ons and just pay less per person. There is also a high frequency of updates now, it can get disruptive when you're in a workflow and you get interrupted by a pop-up to update everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly review the pricing model before deciding a package. I'm in a smaller company, so it was actually quite a bit cheaper for us to buy each of our employees a personal subscription to Office instead of signing up with Microsoft as a business.

Office helps us create documentation that's a little more shareable. Google Drive is not always the easiest way to share information with people outside of our business, Office helps with that. Excel is a platform that many of our specialists use to manage daily budgets on ad platforms like Facebook, YouTube, and Adwords.

Learning about Microsoft Office?

* We monitor all Microsoft Office reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.