Microsoft OneDrive for Business

With Microsoft OneDrive you can store any file on your SkyDrive and it's automatically available from your phone and computers. No syncing or cables needed.

Work for Microsoft OneDrive for Business?

Learning about Microsoft OneDrive?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Reviews

Showing 2515 Microsoft OneDrive reviews
Microsoft OneDrive review by <span>Lan Anh T.</span>
Lan Anh T.

"Store all of my docs"

What do you like best?

It is very user-friendly, simple drag and drop, copy and paste, rename and delete. Just as simple as your own hard drive on your computer. Basically accessible anywhere, at home, at work, in the coffee shop, etc. I use it to download files and make edit (although you can edit documents online as well). For personal use, it makes life easier whenever you cannot attach your large files or folders into an email. It also let you customize your audience, like which ones are included and which ones are not. I used it to collect assignment from students and customize audience so that they cannot see others' grades. Depending on your business intention, there might be other features you want to explore

What do you dislike?

Again, same as sharepoint, my workplace has power outage before and the documents I worked on could not get uploaded. However, it is fairly safe, you can save it on your computer and upload it at a different time whenever internet is back on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think many people use Onedrive, not only for business but also for their personal use. Students and teachers use it a lot too. For business, probably the additional cost for further features would bother them from going forward I guess.

I use it to store files and share with others, havent really accomplished anything fancy, but for big folders that emails cant handle, this is the best solution. You can also organize folders there to limit/expand your audience

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft OneDrive for Business
Microsoft OneDrive review by <span>Eric M.</span>
Eric M.

"Useful, quick, easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's a safe place to store my files that's secure, but also allows sharing within the business. I also like the ability to easily sync files as I work on them, which makes collaboration a snap. The direct integration to the Office 365 suite makes it a lot easier for me to work on files at home, as well, since I can simply sign into my 365 account in Office at home, and have the same security policies applied to my work on my home computer as on my work one.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the API is different from the standard Microsoft Account OneDrive, causing a lot of issues with some third-party software that wasn't specifically written for OneDrive for Business. The error resolution also needs some work, as filename and path lengths cause frequent confusion in problems, since they can be created on the application, but then don't sync properly to a computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works best with the Office Suite and Microsoft Windows. While this does work on Mac OS, the compatibility isn't nearly as strong as with Windows.

We're making it easy for our employees to backup the files they need to keep track of, empowering them to protect files rather than relying on unreliable backup utilities that often miss critical files because of an engine that cannot analyze need.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Microsoft OneDrive review by <span>Jeff L.</span>
Jeff L.

"Fantastic for small SSD's"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Everything is in its place, It integrates quite seamlessly into the document folder windows, not being an obtrusive separate app that constantly requires authentication. Microsoft has done a fantastic job with this. On Demand, Downloads has been outstanding! I run a small SSD on my laptop and can browse and locate the files I require and only download the file or assets I need for the job at hand. No need to keep a lot of files that I don't really use regularly.

What do you dislike?

Well, sometimes the files won't show previews when I think they should. This makes it hard to view designs or image files that you may have many revisions of. It seems to take a long time to fully load all the file types, specifically image previews. The sharing features are wonderful, but I do find it confusing when you have over 100 folders and you have specific folders shared, and not others. It would be better to be able to group your folders so you know instantly which ones are share and which are not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly encourage it. Once you get around and understand the sharing and other features it really integrates nicely.

FIle management on tiny (but fast) SSD's. Modern laptops have small hard drives, unless you want some slow HDD or can afford the large M.2 drives. With OneDrive for Business, I am able to carry the files I need and access any others I "may" need while on the go.

Microsoft OneDrive review by <span>Alejandro R. Z.</span>
Alejandro R. Z.

"OneDrive great option of storage in the cloud"

What do you like best?

Among the best features of Onedrive we have to adapt the quality of each video to the user's connection. It is, for example, what they also do services like Youtube, and what allows to see those videos with less cuts and stoppages and consuming the really necessary data for each moment. Plus OneDrive has managed to automatically upload your photos on all your devices from the moment you take them. Do not wait to give permission, or remember every day to do it, but only activate the OneDrive function and let him take care of everything.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft dramatically reduced the limit of 15 to 5 GB free, and from that figure you have to pay. In addition, the platform suppressed other benefits that until now offered for free, and it will not be possible either to contract plans of 100 or 200 GB of storage

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should return to provide free storage of 15 GB is the only request I have.

OneDrive achieves what for a long time was difficult to achieve: have all your PCs synchronized. And no, I do not just talk about what you see (the documents), but also get all the settings, the little details that make any PC "yours" In Windows 10, the home screen, applications installed, the data of those applications and all the favorites that you have stored in Internet Explorer will always be the same on all your Windows devices

Microsoft OneDrive review by <span>Anne V.</span>
Anne V.

"It's cloud storage."

What do you like best?

I like that it connects with Microsoft's other online tools, including my email and Microsoft's online office apps. I like that it is connected to my work email, which means that I don't have to remember yet another username and password.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's not as widely supported by apps as Dropbox. It's easy to share files from the browser version of OneDrive, but it's slightly complicated to share folders from the desktop app. The mobile app was not terrifically user-friendly when I started using it some years ago. I haven't used the mobile app since then, so it may have changed drastically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an individual, I prefer DropBox, but OneDrive gets the job done.

My university supplies 1TB of online storage via Microsoft OneDrive for all faculty and students. Our LMS (Canvas) supports uploads directly from OneDrive, so it makes it easier for students to complete and submit assignments all online even from tablets/phones without requiring device storage.

Microsoft OneDrive review by <span>Morez K.</span>
Morez K.

"OneDrive works, but there are so many cloud storage softwares to compete with"

What do you like best?

OneDrive offer a huge amount of storage with your office subscription and comes with the added feeling of safety when working with Microsoft products. When using OneDrive, it makes it easier to setup with Windows and the users who need access to a drive. Getting files from point A to B is important in the office environment without having to email everything. Setting up a cloud may solve those office needs.

What do you dislike?

OneDrive is not mobile friendly as far as I'm concerned. There are some issues with video playback on Android devices which causes black/ Blank visuals. There are also some issues with file types that are allowable and not allowable. The software lags more compared to competition such as Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what platforms you intend to use OneDrive for. Test out other cloud base options such as Google, Drop Box, and others. Some are very good and it may come down to a matter of taste.

Getting files from point A to B is important in the office environment without having to email everything. Setting up a cloud may solve those office needs. For us as a small business, it is helpful to use cloud storage than to set up and maintain internal storage in-house.

Learning about Microsoft OneDrive for Business?

* We monitor all Microsoft OneDrive for Business reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.