Microsoft OneDrive for Business

(2,965)

With Microsoft OneDrive you can store any file on your SkyDrive and it's automatically available from your phone and computers. No syncing or cables needed.

Work for Microsoft OneDrive for Business?

Learning about Microsoft OneDrive?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business Reviews

Showing 2,970 Microsoft OneDrive reviews
Microsoft OneDrive review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"OneDrive is the office out of the office"

What do you like best?

Sometimes you just need a useful tool to work on the road. Nowadays we have laptops, but sometimes you forget to upload or save something on a usb stick, and end up without something that you need. With OneDrive for business, all you have to do is upload everything and you good to go.

What do you dislike?

It is a "cloud" tool but lacks some of the aspects of the actual office software. Also, if you are new to this cloud thing, you won't get familiar with it very quickly. Despite having a "safety switch" offline feature, it does not keep track of your latest updates on file (for some versions). You could lose your work if not properly saved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get familiar with it before uploading everything

I can now work mobile, and during holidays even if I'm away from the office. Also saves me a lot of time, that I would otherwise spend looking into folders and more folders of files. The easiness of sharing files is also very good, can be very time saving for the team.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft OneDrive for Business
Microsoft OneDrive review by Ashley C.
Ashley C.

"Easy to use, great for work and/or students"

What do you like best?

I really like that Microsoft One Drive offers a generous amount of free storage for all of my photos, videos, documents related to work, and so on. Furthermore, it is easy to use and it helps me to stay organized and on top of my business and personal daily life.

What do you dislike?

Whenever I am editing a document in real time alongside others, sometimes the editing feature that lets you see others can get a little wonky and causes my laptop as well as theirs to experience lag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re going to use Microsoft OneDrive, please take note that there is a downloadable app for IOS as well as Android devices. Using the app through these devices makes it really easy to use and you can keep track of everything for business/school/personal use.

At my job, we have peer review sessions where some employees are paired together to correct/review/add onto the ideas of another employee by using the real time editing software. Using this software is crucial to the overall success of the business because it helps us to navigate the changes that are necessary to improve our ideas in a constructive and effective manner.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

Microsoft OneDrive review by Pedrito R.
Pedrito R.

"My server only to store my files and images online."

What do you like best?

OneDrive uses it because it is my space and I can store and save files and images in the cloud reliably and securely, when I need them they are available. I just need an Internet connection, my Outlook email account and that's it. From any computer or device, I can upload, download, organize, copy, move, create a folder, share and exchange information about my work, my photos and videos. It is very easy to use, not to mention the synchronization of saving files, whether text, Excel workbooks or PowerPoint presentations. Works with Office Suite and any version of Microsoft Windows. Once activated on your computer, it will automatically save the images.

What do you dislike?

I do not know if it will be because of the speed of the internet that I have in the place that I am, but in my house, my work, etc. Sometimes the server is very slow and in full use stops working and I have to start again. The Other that to enlarge space must be paid especially if diarimente stores, videos and many files and perhaps its version without cost could be limited. But the rest meets my needs to keep safe copies of my photos, my texts, my books, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because of its ability to store photos, texts, and books in the cloud reliably and securely. See how all your documents are protected online. You can have your files when you want from any mobile device or computer. It is excellent because once activated you can open and save your OneDrive documents directly from Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Also how you can free the memory of all your devices, savings in SD purchase. I forgot it gives you 5 GB of free space with an Outlook account.

Excellent server because when activated we can not worry about losing documents and images as it works as storage, it supports secure copies. In my work, it is very useful because it taxes the use of information and data communication technologies. You have to recognize how to synchronize documents with other servers and how it works so you can work with other people, in a way to share files at the same time accessing from any computer or device using the Web. Your download is free and updates are automatic.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Stefan T.
Stefan T.

"1TB of storage for business needs!"

What do you like best?

I just love the fact that you have 1TB of storage with your office 365 Subscription for business. That is a lot of storage space to be used, and you can easily store everything on the One Drive, making your life a lot easier. I personally synchronize my entire PC with One Drive, so if something unexpected happens with my LapTop I can easily retrieve all the data to a fresh new install of OS.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about OneDrive for business, except maybe the new look Microsoft gave to it. Previously I could Synchronize SharePoint pages just by pasting a link to a SharePoint page into one drive app, now I have to do it from the browser. The other downside would be that when you are downloading something from OneDrive from browser speed is low, while on the other hand if you are downloading your files through OneDrive app speeds are at max. This should be even regardless which option you are using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you own Office 365 subscription OneDrive is a must. It will make your life easier.

Cloud storage for confidential files, Encrypted and safely stored. That is the main purpose of OneDrive for business.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Nicola P.
Nicola P.

"Good base for document sharing, but to improve it on different aspects"

What do you like best?

For sure the integration with Office365 suite is a plus, including the one with LDAP groups and Sharepoint. Also the possibility to sync the shared folders on the local drive is another good feature. At the end if you are a customer of the Microsoft ecosystem you have a quite good solution.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the permissions for documents and folders is not the most easy thing to do with OneDrive. It's not very clear on the web interface which level of sharing you're setting to the document or folder. Sometimes you ruin your previous settings if you don't pay attention at the options you're prompted. When you share a folder with read/write permissions with one colleague he could set the folder public for everyone too easily. If you're invited to edit an Office document (PPT or DOC or Excel, for example) and not the folder which contains it you have difficulties to edit with local Office application, so you're forced to edit it online, which is not the best tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to be very organized with your files, to do not mess your folders and documents.

We found a way to share Sales documents and Product description documents with all the people interested in: sales, business development, product managers, marketing.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Lindsay C.
Lindsay C.

"Good for Storing Files!"

What do you like best?

I like how I am able to store my files and manage them with the organization that OneDrive provides. This software makes it easy for me to find and file away my online files for work and I am able to quickly use this software and efficiently. I work in a fast paced environment and need to pull up files quickly, and this platform makes it easy to find everything I need right away.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike, it that it is a mirror of Google Drive. It looks and feels pretty similar, and I am not the biggest fan of Google services/software/platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very different from Google services and software.

The business problems I am solving with Microsoft OneDrive for Business includes the organization of office files. We needed one system/platform for all of our documents and this was a help in transitioning to Microsoft. The benefits I have realized is the efficiency of the placement of the site.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Jack H.
Jack H.

"It's Okay"

What do you like best?

I like that it connects to my other Microsoft desktop applications seamlessly, which is what I tend to use OneDrive the most for. It makes sharing industry update notes easy within the company. I also share proposed ad copy and the like through this platform -- so collaborations are easy. Property inspection photos are also easy to share internally.

What do you dislike?

OneDrive is a bit bulky on my mobile device, which seems to be perpetually low on available storage. I know this is an operator issue, but this can make mobile work less efficient.

Between that and limited data mobile plan, I can't always use the platform as I would like. I usually need to wait to get back to my office terminal to transfer large or sensitive data files such as property inspection pictures or loan applications, respectively.

While these are not issues with OneDrive per se, they effectively limit my ability to use the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic for collaborations and note sharing. Needs a large data plan or WiFi for sharing grouped photos of large size/detail.

This is good for internal office collaborations and large file sharing. I tend to use this for ad design, review, and revision where we need a central digital access point between collaborators.

While I'm not a huge fan of the mobile version due to the previously stated limitations under which I have to operate, it does work well as a platform for sharing documents. I prefer the desktop/laptop terminals because they are easier for me to navigate without catching flak for exceeding data caps on company lines. This is a personal preference as others in my company have had good luck with mobile/tablet use.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Frannie B.
Frannie B.

"Great for Organization"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to load my documents into my OneDrive and access from any other wifi-connected computer. I don't have to only be at my work desktop to access my files which really allows for me to be more efficient while working. This would be great for individuals who work both in the office and at home or for anyone who may be off-site for meetings. Additionally, you can share files directly with other individuals from OneDrive and allow them to edit.

What do you dislike?

OneDrive has a feature that connects and syncs to your desktop. Rather than logging into OneDrive and uploading a file each time I have a new document, I am able to save in my synced folder on my desktop and it auto-loads to my OneDrive digital file. I have trouble with this feature, and most times, my file does not auto-sync from my Desktop to my OneDrive.

The inconvenience of being ties to your desktop is no more! With OneDrive, my files are portable, which allows me to work at one of our three offices with ease.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Stanislava P.
Stanislava P.

"All your documents on the cloud."

What do you like best?

I love using one drive, I have all my files and documents uploaded there, and if there is a need to change my main device or reinstall my operating system I can just redownload all my documents back to my device. I also love the option where you can Synchronize SharePoint pages with one drive and have all the documentation from SharePoint page downloaded to your computer.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the notifications I'm getting from OneDrive, It notifies me of what it updated and when it occurred, and I would love if OneDrive could do it silently without disrupting me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend OneDrive to all the business users as this is the most efficient cloud that is available out there.

We use Laptops with not so big hard drives, and it is essential for us to have all our documents on the cloud. and that's where OneDrive steps out.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Antonio F.
Antonio F.

"Onedrive Onedrive in the university field. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use. The load capacity. The great possibility of configurations that it has. The speed of loading and unloading. The large storage capacity. The price is not bad. It's the fastest I've tried. The synchronization is very good. The amount of basic storage is very similar to all others. Has offers from time to time. The compatibility with the rest of Microsoft's products is total. If you are on Windows only Google drive is up to the task. It also works well in mac environments. Although for this I recommend icloud. The integration with Microsoft products is unbeatable and it is necessary to work with them in a much more comfortable way.

What do you dislike?

As all storage plans could be cheaper and also faster in loading. Although synchronization between devices is good it could be faster. Sometimes you may encounter connection problems. The availability of files sometimes fails. In the same virtues you can find the problems. Sometimes it fails in the connection and can leave you offline in critical moments. If you have a good connection, the browsing experience is improved. As always, the problem of the cloud is caused by the number of files. There are not so many problems because of the size of each file as the number of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good plan although there are cheaper ones.

The organization of various materials for the university. Use to upload jobs and assignments that students can share.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Erik J.
Erik J.

"Overall Satisfaction with OneDrive"

What do you like best?

Version control. Sync works very well - OneDrive consumer and next gen business client for OneDrive for Business. Online display of file details, size etc.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to save from Outlook - to a "shared with me" - currently this is only available online. Better differentiation of consumer vs. OneDrive for Business. Need to be able to sync "shared with me" files - on the business side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The resources are slim for deployment. Very little monitoring ability. Once implemented and a scripted monitoring process has been implemented it is a great solution. Ideal for small businesses.

At our company we use a mix of OneDrive (consumer) and OneDrive for Business. OneDrive for Business is used purely for company use. Syncing has always been an issue until Windows 10 came out. Since Windows 10 - OneDrive for Business has been working well. On the personal side of things - we use OneDrive (consumer) since it's native to Windows 10, it works great. Everyone has their own MS account in which they link this account to.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Derek H.
Derek H.

"More Than Just File Sharing"

What do you like best?

OneDrive is designed for collaboration, and everything it does has collaboration in mind.

What do you dislike?

The online editors for PowerPoint and Excel need a lot of work to make them even useful. It's painful to try to get formatting a specific way, or to get formatting in the online version to match the offline version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like to add full-featured collaboration features to reliable file storage, OneDrive is surprisingly good. Give it a shot.

We switched from Dropbox to OneDrive, and I wasn't happy at first. Dropbox seemed more intuitive for file sharing. It didn't take long for me to realize how much more OneDrive can do. We utilize it for Groups (to make file sharing and associated messages a breeze), online collaboration on the fly (it blows Dropbox out of the water in this area), and for its integration with the rest of the Microsoft Office suite.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Suhail A. Z.
Suhail A. Z.

"Una muy buena herramienta para el almacenamiento de información de cualquier tipo en la nube. "

What do you like best?

Me encanta esta aplicación. Es una aplicación fácil de utilizar e intuitiva. Ofrece una bonita interfaz fácil de comprender por los usuarios. Ideal para mantener copias de tus trabajos en la nube y organizarlos del modo que desees. Permite almacenar fotografías, videos y todo tipo de archivos y documentos. Es fácil compartir la información y establece certeras políticas de seguridad para ello. A modo persona, puedes ampliar la capacidad de almacenamiento sin costo alguno, con una simple invitación. Sin embargo, el uso empresarial amerita una inversión que es subsanada con las potencialidades que ofrece el producto. No requiere entrenamiento para ser usado, por lo que cualquier empleado novato o avanzado se adapta rápidamente a su empleo y en consecuencia puede obtener el máximo provecho de la aplicación.

What do you dislike?

Como todo soporte de almacenamiento en la nube es limitado, si deseas mayor espacio debes calificar o pagarlo, además, si no tienes buena conexión, su uso puede resultar frustrante. Un poco limitado en la edición y actualización online de los documentos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No dudo en recomendar esta aplicación de Microsoft. Es útil tanto para uso personal como en los negocios. Es versatil para el montaje, edición y compartir información en la nube.

Es una aplicación que puede ser empleada por cualquier tipo de usuario para cualquier tipo de negocio. En mi caso particular, yo trabajo en el sector educativo; en consecuencia, me sirve para subir material de estudio y compartirlo con mi grupo de alumnos. Además, me permite descargar lo que ellos suban para su revisión. Lo cual hace factible acercarnos aunque estemos distantes. Y también nos permite trabajar en diferentes horarios.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Benjamin A.
Benjamin A.

"Love One Drive!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can easily share documents across platforms and have colleagues looke at documents seamlessly. I have used this product in the past and can attest to its ease of use. I can upload anything the the website regardless of the file size and it is able to upload it. I can then access the file anywhere and it easily can be accessed.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes doesn’t function completely and can lag at times but overall it is a great product. As I stated before I have had little issues with this product as it has worked for me without fail to date. I have been a dedicated usemail Of this product for about three years to date and I can attest to the fact that it works so well. There have never been any problems with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So easy to use just go ahead and get started. It is very easy to use and makes it a joy to use. Have never had any issues with the product that I have used.

We are able to share documents very easily across the office. We are also able to share larger video files that are difficult to send across email platforms and it works every time. There are never any issues that we hav with using this product. I would recommend this product for any business that is looking to share files easily.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Anand P.
Anand P.

"A smooth integrated tool for mailing and storage purpose"

What do you like best?

The aspect of being able to store contents of attachments in email and vice-versa is very helpful for easy usage of the app. The wide capacity for storage helps me eliminate usage of pen-drive and other small storage devices. It also helped me organize data really well on the cloud. Ability to upload files from my computer and store it helps me for future usage. It helps me share project material with friends directly without having to go through hassle of uploading file over email and sending.

What do you dislike?

Pricing aspect of Business version of OneDrive is a little on higher side. If cost factor is brought down by about 25%, I'm sure that the number of users in 18-25 age group would definitely double up. Since the outlook email is a little slow to load, using onedrive along with it makes it even more slower and sometimes glitchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For large organizations, usage of OneDrive is a big boon and also price effective. It is very effective tool to use in collaboration with Microsoft Outlook Mail.

Eliminating need to purchase external harddisk, pen drive etc. It is also helping me work from phone since OneDrive is smooth across all the platforms. I have personally felt the positivity of using same company products across multiple layers like communication, storage etc. So a beneficial evergreen product.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Stefan T.
Stefan T.

"the only Cloud that I use on my win 10."

What do you like best?

I use Microsoft's OneDrive for Business for my work files, as it is the only safe cloud when it comes to confidential documents that I have stored up there. I also love that i can synchronize SharePoint via OneDrive, and upload documents to SharePoint via OneDrive, that makes your desktop environment so useful that you dont ever need to open browser and upload something to the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the new option of synchronization with SP pages, before you could just paste link of SP that you want to synchronize and add it to your library now you need to open that very same link and click on sync button in browser, which sometimes isn't working as intended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Microsoft's OneDrive to anyone that wants to be responsible to Confidential documents they work with on their company's assets

I store all my Confidential restricted Documents on the cloud, as well as all the documents that i want to quickly share with my colleagues

Microsoft OneDrive review by Muneer K.
Muneer K.

"OneDrive features like drag and drop create an easy user experience"

What do you like best?

It's easy to organize files in OneDrive, with drag and drop capabilities for individual files as well as entire folders. Also nifty are it's mobile applications for the iPad. This makes it easier to access and work on files across different devices, or on the go.You can also share certain files and folders with others, which can be great for working on a joint project. Additionally, right click menu functions make renaming and sharing files/folder a breeze. Finally, the tile view can be useful to see thumbnails of files in your folder.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if this had a more functionality similar to SharePoint, in which users could create their own meta data columns to sort their files. Instead, OneDrive stays closer to the traditional Windows Explorer format of using folders and sub-folders to organize documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this as a virtual drive for your files and a place to collaborate on smaller projects. Utilize tile mode if looking through pictures.

I use OneDrive to collaborate on small projects and use the sharing features to house joint location for uploading event photos or things of that nature. The benefit is seen especially in the iPad app where one can seamlessly transition from working on a desktop to working on the go.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Satishkumar G.
Satishkumar G.

"A very positive application but restricted due to its operation"

What do you like best?

It has everything that I can want. I can store any media. It is secure. I can access it wherever I want.

It integrates with online or installed office software. I can share it with anyone with the link.

The link can be shortened using url shortener.

So, basically feature wise, I just adore this application. Also, the recovery is best. Even if I was in the middle of a file and the webpage crashes, it brings back as much as it really can.

What do you dislike?

The speed at which it works. It takes its own time to load the file.

The user friendliness is restricted. It is not open for everyone to enjoy their experience.

Why would the onedrive take nearly 2 mins to load some files?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a Microsoft product for your needs, then this one works wonders.

But I am not sure if you will be fine with the constant "loading..." message.

Personally, I will try to find a better product than this if I get a chance.

But if you look at security in the mix, you have the best product right here.

Sharing data across teams.

Secure file storage.

Making changes to the files at the same time.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Lan Anh T.
Lan Anh T.

"Store all of my docs"

What do you like best?

It is very user-friendly, simple drag and drop, copy and paste, rename and delete. Just as simple as your own hard drive on your computer. Basically accessible anywhere, at home, at work, in the coffee shop, etc. I use it to download files and make edit (although you can edit documents online as well). For personal use, it makes life easier whenever you cannot attach your large files or folders into an email. It also let you customize your audience, like which ones are included and which ones are not. I used it to collect assignment from students and customize audience so that they cannot see others' grades. Depending on your business intention, there might be other features you want to explore

What do you dislike?

Again, same as sharepoint, my workplace has power outage before and the documents I worked on could not get uploaded. However, it is fairly safe, you can save it on your computer and upload it at a different time whenever internet is back on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think many people use Onedrive, not only for business but also for their personal use. Students and teachers use it a lot too. For business, probably the additional cost for further features would bother them from going forward I guess.

I use it to store files and share with others, havent really accomplished anything fancy, but for big folders that emails cant handle, this is the best solution. You can also organize folders there to limit/expand your audience

Microsoft OneDrive review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Useful, quick, easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's a safe place to store my files that's secure, but also allows sharing within the business. I also like the ability to easily sync files as I work on them, which makes collaboration a snap. The direct integration to the Office 365 suite makes it a lot easier for me to work on files at home, as well, since I can simply sign into my 365 account in Office at home, and have the same security policies applied to my work on my home computer as on my work one.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the API is different from the standard Microsoft Account OneDrive, causing a lot of issues with some third-party software that wasn't specifically written for OneDrive for Business. The error resolution also needs some work, as filename and path lengths cause frequent confusion in problems, since they can be created on the application, but then don't sync properly to a computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works best with the Office Suite and Microsoft Windows. While this does work on Mac OS, the compatibility isn't nearly as strong as with Windows.

We're making it easy for our employees to backup the files they need to keep track of, empowering them to protect files rather than relying on unreliable backup utilities that often miss critical files because of an engine that cannot analyze need.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Fantastic for small SSD's"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Everything is in its place, It integrates quite seamlessly into the document folder windows, not being an obtrusive separate app that constantly requires authentication. Microsoft has done a fantastic job with this. On Demand, Downloads has been outstanding! I run a small SSD on my laptop and can browse and locate the files I require and only download the file or assets I need for the job at hand. No need to keep a lot of files that I don't really use regularly.

What do you dislike?

Well, sometimes the files won't show previews when I think they should. This makes it hard to view designs or image files that you may have many revisions of. It seems to take a long time to fully load all the file types, specifically image previews. The sharing features are wonderful, but I do find it confusing when you have over 100 folders and you have specific folders shared, and not others. It would be better to be able to group your folders so you know instantly which ones are share and which are not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly encourage it. Once you get around and understand the sharing and other features it really integrates nicely.

FIle management on tiny (but fast) SSD's. Modern laptops have small hard drives, unless you want some slow HDD or can afford the large M.2 drives. With OneDrive for Business, I am able to carry the files I need and access any others I "may" need while on the go.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Alejandro R. Z.
Alejandro R. Z.

"OneDrive great option of storage in the cloud"

What do you like best?

Among the best features of Onedrive we have to adapt the quality of each video to the user's connection. It is, for example, what they also do services like Youtube, and what allows to see those videos with less cuts and stoppages and consuming the really necessary data for each moment. Plus OneDrive has managed to automatically upload your photos on all your devices from the moment you take them. Do not wait to give permission, or remember every day to do it, but only activate the OneDrive function and let him take care of everything.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft dramatically reduced the limit of 15 to 5 GB free, and from that figure you have to pay. In addition, the platform suppressed other benefits that until now offered for free, and it will not be possible either to contract plans of 100 or 200 GB of storage

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should return to provide free storage of 15 GB is the only request I have.

OneDrive achieves what for a long time was difficult to achieve: have all your PCs synchronized. And no, I do not just talk about what you see (the documents), but also get all the settings, the little details that make any PC "yours" In Windows 10, the home screen, applications installed, the data of those applications and all the favorites that you have stored in Internet Explorer will always be the same on all your Windows devices

Microsoft OneDrive review by Anne V.
Anne V.

"It's cloud storage."

What do you like best?

I like that it connects with Microsoft's other online tools, including my email and Microsoft's online office apps. I like that it is connected to my work email, which means that I don't have to remember yet another username and password.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's not as widely supported by apps as Dropbox. It's easy to share files from the browser version of OneDrive, but it's slightly complicated to share folders from the desktop app. The mobile app was not terrifically user-friendly when I started using it some years ago. I haven't used the mobile app since then, so it may have changed drastically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As an individual, I prefer DropBox, but OneDrive gets the job done.

My university supplies 1TB of online storage via Microsoft OneDrive for all faculty and students. Our LMS (Canvas) supports uploads directly from OneDrive, so it makes it easier for students to complete and submit assignments all online even from tablets/phones without requiring device storage.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Morez K.
Morez K.

"OneDrive works, but there are so many cloud storage softwares to compete with"

What do you like best?

OneDrive offer a huge amount of storage with your office subscription and comes with the added feeling of safety when working with Microsoft products. When using OneDrive, it makes it easier to setup with Windows and the users who need access to a drive. Getting files from point A to B is important in the office environment without having to email everything. Setting up a cloud may solve those office needs.

What do you dislike?

OneDrive is not mobile friendly as far as I'm concerned. There are some issues with video playback on Android devices which causes black/ Blank visuals. There are also some issues with file types that are allowable and not allowable. The software lags more compared to competition such as Google Drive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what platforms you intend to use OneDrive for. Test out other cloud base options such as Google, Drop Box, and others. Some are very good and it may come down to a matter of taste.

Getting files from point A to B is important in the office environment without having to email everything. Setting up a cloud may solve those office needs. For us as a small business, it is helpful to use cloud storage than to set up and maintain internal storage in-house.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Nicole S.
Nicole S.

"OneDrive is the only way I can get my printer to work! "

What do you like best?

OneDrive is my savior; the scanner function on my printer will not hook up with my PC any other way. Contracts, old documents, and more are a cinch because I can easily scan them to OneDrive. Then I can retrieve them and OneDrive stores them indefinitely. I appreciate OneDrive!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the length of time it takes for the scanner to work with OneDrive; it takes quite a while for the scans to upload, but it's worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend OneDrive! I believe it comes with the Microsoft Office package, so make sure you have a microsoft login and go to town!

I can easily upload contracts, documents, and more. I can rename them within OneDrive so when I transfer them they are easily identifiable. Everyone on your team can also edit documents and see them easily, which is great for collaboration and file-sharing! I personally do not collaborate with my team with my documents, but I transfer them to the file share where others can see them. Everyone who has OneDrive could access my files if I wished, which is really useful for team environments and departments!

Microsoft OneDrive review by Artur R.
Artur R.

"Business class cloud storage for staff"

What do you like best?

The storage amount for the included Office 365 subscription is great. Ease of setup and use.

That a few big issues seem to have been fixed like having certain special characters would stop those files/folders from syncing.

What do you dislike?

Additional training needed for staff to get used to using it, and altering some of their current processes. Would be nicer to have tighter integrations with Windows to automatically login and link standard folders instead of needed to setup GPOs etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Microsoft products already, especially the Office Suite then this integrates nicely there. They did have some issues previously due to rehashing another product but this seems to have been updated and fixed so it works very well now.

OneDrive is allowing our business to simplify it's IT systems/server setup and reduce on-premises storage costs.

It gives us easier visibility and reporting on files held within the company via the eDiscovery tool allowing better compliance with company policies.

Syncing on the go means files are always up to date.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Nicholas L.
Nicholas L.

"Convenient across all platforms - if you have the space to spare"

What do you like best?

What I love and partly dislike about this product is, strangely, the same thing. The fact that OneDrive saves a copy of your document both on the cloud and on your machine makes it possible to access a document in the event that you don't have a network connection (for example, on a plane). This means that you can always access the files you require. This is not the same across all cloud storage providers and prevents the (potentially enormous) frustration of not being able to access a file you require at all times.

What do you dislike?

Two things spring to mind, one is that the fact that OneDrive saves a copy of all of your files on both your machine as well as on the cloud (which can come in very handy when you don't have a network connection) can result in a large chunk of your memory being used up by the stored files. Number two is the fact that initially setting up a shared site (where all authorised users can see the same files) is quite a difficult process and not as intuitive as it first appears. I moved to a new machine and despite having done it with Microsoft's excellent tech support once before, was completely unable to replicate the process without their assistance again (disclaimer: I am not a tech wizard but am certainly not completely tech illiterate either).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need access to your files regardless of the availability of a network connection and your machine has sufficient memory to hold a copy of the files, this is an excellent and affordable option well worh considering.

My business partner and I often need to work on the same document / double-check one another's packs before sending these on to clients. We were in a situation where our business was too small to justify the cost of the server hardware required to solve this problem (and the files are too big and unwieldy to email). Once we had OneDrive setup (see comment regarding the tricky process above), it has been an absolute pleasure ever since.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Katuska  V.
Katuska V.

"The tranquility on the cloud"

What do you like best?

I like the security provided by being able to store information and be sure that I will not lose it. In addition to being able to share it with the work team

What do you dislike?

There is not an aspect that I do not like. Since the use is an indispensable tool for my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it for the level of security it offers, for the ease of providing the power to share information with the work team and to be able to access my documents from anywhere in the world at the time I need it.

It has allowed me to save financial resources by not having to invest in the purchase of storage devices that in many cases are unsafe. The most important thing is to be able to share information and control who modifies it and what modifications it makes.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Manju S.
Manju S.

"Good tool to keep an online repository."

What do you like best?

1. Ease of use.

2. This tool is used by my current employee, to update weekly meeting pointers that is shared with everyone attending the meeting.

3. It allows multiple edits and an online saving feature which makes it easier for concurrent use.

4. It allows me to go back anytime to the repository to fetch data as and when needed.

5. Shares and auto syncs when connected to internet.

What do you dislike?

1. UI can be improved to be more appealing.

2. I had some initial problems setting up this on my PC, and after spending some quality time, i could figure it out. But this could let a lot of users to shy away from using this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good tool to have an shared online repository

1. Easier access to all the data's.

2. Permission settings on different folder, thus acting as a parental guide to employees.

3. Simultaneous edits made online.

4. Receive intimation if any files are added into the storage space, thus keeping everyone upto date.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Shailesh S.
Shailesh S.

"OneDrive made Sharing easy with Cloud"

What do you like best?

Provides option to give selective permission on files and folder. Seamless option to copy and sync all your and work with in it. Allows to share larger files over cloud. Sharing file is easy from one drive or using the onedrive from outlook. Sync the online contents from sharepoint using Sync functionality in just one click. Auto syncing saves your time by auto downloading all contents periodically.

What do you dislike?

No screen which provides the advanced features while sharing. Login pop up keeps on coming even selecting the option to avoid this. More reach options can be added for better look and feel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely a nice option for all you need for your sharing requirements on clouds. Starting is really easy and dependency over thsi product becomes in no time.

This was overall a nice product we have. We did not even feel when we started using it and realised howw imprtant this was when there was a dis-connectivity in company internet.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"Microsoft OneDrive Review"

What do you like best?

Microsoft OneDrive allows me to store files and content with my coworkers in an organized and efficient manner. I like that it allows me to back up my files so that if something were ever to happen to my computer, I have all my content still readily available. The freedom to upload content into OneDrive allows me to create internal storage on my computer. This allows for faster and more efficient computing and overall more productivity. I like how easy it is to set up and from there, there is no management of maintenance to keep it running.

What do you dislike?

I found the process for setting OneDrive up to be intimidating and this prevented me from getting it set up for a while. After some training and user learning, I was able to transfer my files and back up all of my content to OneDrive. If the setup process was more clear and approachable, I would have done this much earlier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your files and content transferred as soon as possible. It is liberating to know that your work is backed up and accessible in OneDrive.

Microsoft OneDrive has allowed for a lot of internal storage to be freed up among employees and created a more accessible environment for collaboration. With content stored in OneDrive, coworkers can access each others shared files and use them together. This leads to more efficiency and less time spent waiting on documents to arrive or be delivered. The benefits of this are quicker turnaround times and general enjoyment from spending less time waiting on others.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Patricia  D.
Patricia D.

" Excellent collaborative corporate tool"

What do you like best?

What I like most about the tool is that we can work with the same file directly several times and keep the latest version of it online, this saves us sending mail and review if it is the last or not .

What do you dislike?

I have nothing that disgusts me, until now the tool has given us more than what we needed and it has saved us a lot of time in revisions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test with confidence this tool, so easy to use that you will be hooked

We can work directly on an online file and at the same time notify changes to the workgroup without the need to be online to modify or change it, besides being able to share the latest version, this has saved us many mailings and emails. time for reviews

Microsoft OneDrive review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"OneDrive makes file sharing easy"

What do you like best?

OneDrive makes collaborating on files simple. I like how easy sharing documents and folders is. I am also able to edit file sharing permissions so if I want to make the files read-only I can do that. I also love the syncing feature, so even if I am offline, I can still access my files.

What do you dislike?

The files that are "shared with me" are disorganized. It would be great if I could organize them myself somehow in the shared with me folder or if they were at least organized but who shared them with me. Finding files can be really difficult when you have a lot of files being shared. The only other thing is that I sometimes run into problems when OneDrive updates. Sometimes syncing files to my computers stops working. Sometimes the name of the synced OneDrive file changes which causes problems with my files I have linked to Access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It is fairly easy to learn and it integrates with other Microsoft Office products. If you use Office products, it's worth it. Work from anywhere, and securely share with anyone you choose. It's been a great tool in the education world for both teachers and students.

Securely sharing files, quickly and easily has made a huge difference. I can share a file with a colleague within seconds. It has also made working from home or from different computers a breeze.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Christopher K.
Christopher K.

"Safe and secure place to store business data in the cloud"

What do you like best?

One Drive is a safe and secure place to store documents and data in the cloud. It is also included with our Microsoft subscription service and is easy to use and setup. Using it with Windows 10 Professional makes it a breeze to setup as it is already included in windows 10 professional.

What do you dislike?

The space you initially get will work ok for a typical user, but for our users who have pictures and videos and other files that space is limited. To add more space it can get costly so we find ourselves using external drives to store large data and ensure we aren't going over our quota. I would like to see Microsoft make the pricing for additional space a little less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For fellow administrators who are looking for something that will integrate with Microsoft office products and have very few users who have large amounts of data this is a perfect solution.

The need to share information and data without Sharepoint or buying another service such as DropBox. Additionally we want to be able to share information that cannot be sent over email or that people need to update and still retain share access to the most up-to-date version of the document. This also takes the place of sharing with vendors or third parties outside of the organization.

Microsoft OneDrive review by James S.
James S.

"Easy fie storage and sharing using OneDrive"

What do you like best?

As I can see OneDrive as G2Crowd leader in reviews, this is truly deserving. There is great storage and its easy to organize your OneDrive and set viewing permissions. You can access the drive from any computer. I like the way , I can access documents from my phone, at work, or on my personal computer.

What do you dislike?

There are few challenges I have faced with OneDrive :

1. Concurrent / Multiple files sharing take uneccesery time.

2. Once some one leave the organisation , the retrival of share facing is so difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneDrive is very useful when you need to work on files across multiple devices with multiple users. A must have storage and collaboration software. Google offers similar products/features, but OneDrive is preferable for organizations already utilizing other Microsoft products.

I like being able to access my files from anywhere. It makes working remotely easier. I am using Microsoft OneDrive for business to solve collaboration and live spreadsheet version control.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Onedrive allows for great ease in shared documents so myself and colleagues can edit in real time"

What do you like best?

The ability to share documents with others and then collaborate without always have to save changes and resend to a group of people. When I share spreadsheets with colleagues we can see real time updates and I also like being able to share my edits in word documents with supervisors and managers throughout the large organization I work for.

What do you dislike?

I have had some minor frustrations with the sharing permissions. Sometimes my colleagues and I have found that we have been editing two different documents that we assumed were the same and then had to combine changes making extra work.

The main problem solved is slow response time with documents that are locked for editing by others when we had to save and send any edits. Now multiple people can be working in a document at the exact same time without any hold ups or the need to wait for others to finish their work first.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Wera M.
Wera M.

"My database ! safe and security."

What do you like best?

it is easy to use that is great side of the product. Also storing your files in the cloud has too much advantages. You can view your files from any phone, tablet or computer that's connected to the internet. it also provides you backup for your files so they will never disappear. Mobile version is better than website version I like the most mobile version.

What do you dislike?

There is long fine name error and this issue should be fixed and transferring your pictures or documents from another machines to your computer to the One Driver is sometimes really hard and takes time. Also The price is a bit higher than other similar products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For all people working,studying or managing some company.If you want to keep your all documents in one database , One driver is the best application for hiding your information with safety and security.

Sharing files is great whenever I want wherever I go I can share my files with my team mates or managers.keeping my all documents in one program is helping me to find any essential documents so fast what I need quick from my phone or tablet that is connected on the internet.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Luke H.
Luke H.

"Is this a dropbox for business?"

What do you like best?

It's pretty easy to use if you're familiar with dropbox / google drive etc. I like that I can access my files anywhere using the web interface, which makes remote work a dream. I also had to upgrade work laptop recently and it was amazing! I just logged in and after about 30 mins of being on the work network, all of my work files had automatically updated into the new laptop without me having to move anything across. This worked particularly well where programs have library files hosted in OneDrive (like OneNote) - when I reinstalled it made it super easy to make the transition.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of flexibility of not being able to install it on any system (e.g. my personal laptop). It's also been a bit difficult when there are sync problems. There is a menu 'view sync problems' that you can click if it s showing problems. When you click it, it takes you to another screen that shows the files that are having problems syncing but from here you can't actually view the files in the library. This is a particular issue for a common problem that I have where the overall filename is too long to sync (this happens when you have a lot of nested folders). As it only shows the filename it can be really tricky to find the culprit that isn't syncing to resolve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy as a user

Easy access to files and portability

Microsoft OneDrive review by Ashlee C.
Ashlee C.

"Files are Safe, Accessible, and Easy to Share"

What do you like best?

OneDrive keeps our employee's files safe, accessible, and easy to share. Files are safe because they are stored securely in the cloud - not on one hard drive. Files are accessible because they can be accessed from almost any device. Files can be shared in many ways with people both inside and outside of our organization.

What do you dislike?

When staff members leave the organization but were hosting a shared folder using their OneDrive, it creates a hassle to recover files. Thankfully, most staff members are now using SharePoint for shared files. Another issue is that personal Internet plans in our location are not very robust and OneDrive syncing may slow down Internet when work computers are used at home.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is exceptional for keeping files safe, sharing files, and making files more accessible. Google offers similar products/features, but OneDrive is preferable for organizations already utilizing other Microsoft products.

One of the largest problems we are solving is the loss of files when hard drives fail or computers are lost/stolen. With files in the cloud, they can easily be downloaded to or accessed from any device. The syncing app allows files to be synced seamlessly.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Joseph D.
Joseph D.

"Easy Access, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

As a Realtor, the ability to access all my important files and photos is paramount to my success. Sharing files with clients and co-workers is also very easy to do. I also like the fact that more than one person can work on the files simultaneously, making changes both seamless and timely. Collaborating on business ideas with my colleagues is now extremely easy as we can both work on the same file in relative real-time. Waiting for the other person to complete their work and remembering to email it to you is now a thing of the past!

What do you dislike?

Storage capacity is limited on our platform. This may only be because our company has purchased a product with specific limitations on storage. Formatting documents in OneDrive will be different if the document is downloaded. This can become an issue especially when relying on a specific file to be used in a marketing capacity where formatting is especially important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence by comparing Microsoft OneDrive for Business to Dropbox for Business, etc. to make sure it handles all of your needs at the right price.

It is very easy to navigate the software, and being able to share all of these files with clients and co-workers is great! I am now able to provide my clients with my specific ideas for marketing their property, and they in turn can modify my suggestions, provide their feedback for some, and even include their own ideas.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Cesar G.
Cesar G.

"Tool to share data in an easy and graphic way, but paying."

What do you like best?

You have the possibility to save everything you want and make folders about the files.

The possibility of expanding the capacity of our OneDrive account free of charge up to 5 GB. The promotion will work through invitations, that is, by each friend who is registered.

You can modify the file that you uploaded in the cloud and while you share it.

OneDrive and Office are linked, so when from the OneDrive website you access an Office file (excel, word, powerpoint, notes, etc.) the online office will open with your file so you can see it and modify it.

This has many uses, since you can share a file with a friend and work both on the same file at the same time.

What do you dislike?

There are situations in which it is not entirely clear if the law of one or the other country should be applied. It usually happens that the client is based in a country and the servers of the company that provides the storage service in a different one, so there are doubts about which is the law that must be applied. Intellectual property conflicts. Customer information is no longer under your control, which may lead to problems about your property.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can modify the file that you uploaded in the cloud and while you share it

Another advantage of OneDrive is that from any computer you can access your files through its website and use the Microsoft Office Online Free!

Microsoft OneDrive review by Alan H.
Alan H.

"OneDrive for Business, only cloud to use in business"

What do you like best?

Our current deployment of OneDrive allows theoretical unlimited space, although what are you going to do with a terabyte for business purposes? It allows us to access our documentation anywhere on campus or at our home, anytime.

What do you dislike?

The sync function is just as bad as the home/consumer version via Windows Explorer. Just like the home version, sometimes the sync never happens automatically as instructed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ample space for OneDrive for Business is a big plus. File organization, support and uploading are top-notch; the sync function could use improvement, but that may not happen until Microsoft addresses those same issues that plague the home/consumer version of OneDrive.

Not everyone had an Android smartphone at work so Google Drive was not really used when we were using Google apps. But OneDrive allows everyone to partake in the collaborative environment fostered by Microsoft Teams. We can upload, download create documentation on the fly, on-demand.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Krystine G.
Krystine G.

"A must-have if you're an Outlook user"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates seamlessly with Outlook (as it should) in the sense that you can easily create links and add files directly from the desktop Outlook app or via Outlook.com. I also have it installed on my computer so that I can access folders and files immediately. The recent update that allows you to select which files to keep on your computer and which to call at-will is a HUGE bonus as it saves space on my PC.

What do you dislike?

The links could be shorter when sharing files. Also when sharing files, the experience isn't as streamlined as others (namely Dropbox), however it is still possible for others to share and edit files. Sometimes the mobile app lags with updating recently modified or saved files as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you need more cloud storage but definitely if you already use Office 365 for your business needs.

Using OneDrive for Business we are able to collaborate on documents without having multiple versions out at the same time since we don't all work in one location. That has been the biggest plus in my opinion.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Cyril C.
Cyril C.

"Popular software for storing and sharing information"

What do you like best?

An easy-to-use service that provides synchronization of your folders and sharing documents. Integrated with Windows. Has a very user-friendly interface. Now the source files are available to my entire team and they can make changes, and the entire team sees these changes, regardless of location. All of us can easily access our documents, at any time and from any place wherever we are, when they are on OneDrive. It is excellent that it is available both on the computer and on the smartphone.

What do you dislike?

If you do not have very large files in your work there will be enough free version for you. However, the paid version justifies all the features of this cloud storage program. Joint access will enable you to optimize the work of your team, and also simplifies the work with the clients. In addition, it will save your time and you can make a decision in real time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneDrive allows us to store our files in different formats - documents, images, photos, videos and provides access to them by any member of our team or client from anywhere from a PC or smartphone.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"User experience depends on cloud space and Internet connection"

What do you like best?

I like that this can make files easy to store, sometimes share, and has a way to organize your files akin to organizing on your hard drive. It is very good for storing Word docs and small graphic files.

What do you dislike?

More often than not, I encounter a problem with accessing my files. It heavily depends on connectivity (especially large files usually have trouble downloading/rendering) as well as accessibility, which means that a lot of people who I share the link with somehow need to send a request for access, even if they're the only people I share it with and the file isn't protected.

Our shared drive was becoming too bloated and often ran out of space too quickly, which meant it crashed frequently and everyone was out of luck accessing the files they needed.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Department of Child Safety Specialist"

What do you like best?

I am absolutely in love with this technology. I have a job where I spend most of my time in the field and need to be able to access documents that are on my computer at work. As longing as I place it in the one drive folder, I am able to access the files with no problem.

What do you dislike?

I get really nervous if I am typing up case notes while at someone’s house because all of our files on our computer immediately try to place it in the One drive folder, however, the information I am typing is completely confidential and I can’t allow others to see it.

I use One Drive for as much as I can. In the end it helps others coworkers with reliability because they can’t say that the couldn’t access that fold. I can also work from home and still access my other documents.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Chrissy I.
Chrissy I.

"Difficult to adjust from traditional file storage options"

What do you like best?

The best part about OneDrive for Business is the same as other cloud-based services: you can locate your documents from your laptop, iPad, phone, or other mobile device. It's a secure way to see these documents in multiple locations, because you have to log in with your business email address and a password.

-File search is comprehensive and easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

-Oftentimes I find myself looking in multiple locations for files, especially because I have a One Drive for personal and One Drive for Business, and both show up when I choose the "save as" option.

-There is no cohesion or easy way to toggle between documents stored on the hard drive when I store new documents here

-Certain features aren't intuitive for the user; I often have to look up how to do things that should be relatively simple (like encrypt files)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training should be offered, if not required, with a company roll-out of this tool.

I'd recommend offering Multi-factor authentication for use to protect company data

-My team members and I are able to quickly share and edit files and collaborate using One Drive for Business.

-When the technology of a certain conference room isn't working (which frequently happens), you can pull up the files from a different device and the meeting can continue, which is a huge productivity win

Microsoft OneDrive review by Hernán P.
Hernán P.

"Enterprise features"

What do you like best?

It is a collaborative tool that goes beyond household products. Its complete integration with Sharepoint makes it ideal for sharing content at the corporate level. The management of the content and the creation of links with an expiration date towards third parties is a very attractive feature.

What do you dislike?

The limitations on the number of files that can be stored in the Sharepoint libraries should cease to exist. It would also be ideal if problems with synchronization failures are easy to solve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy of use, enterprise capabilities.

The benefits at the business level are many. Managed and controlled management within the organization, complete integration with Office 365, elimination of third-party software in the use of cloud storage, ease of integration and excellent file sharing capabilities.

La integración completa con Sharepoint lo hacen una herramienta fundamental para el flujo de la información dentro de la compañía. Poder poner a disposición de toda la empresa la información necesaria, así como también poder ofrecer 1 TB de almacenamiento personal a cada usuario es algo muy importante.

Reduce la carga del servidor de correo al utilizar links para el envío de la información, por lo que Exchange se ve aliviado en ese sentido.

También el poder cargar videos y compartir el link para la visualización es algo que beneficia mucho el manejo del contenido. En vez de utilizar productos como Youtube o Vimeo para la distribución de contenido empresarial, el contenido se distribuye dentro de la misma organización con una misma herramienta.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Nahum B.
Nahum B.

"The easiest way to keep your documents available everywhere and share them with your colleagues "

What do you like best?

There are two main advantages of using OneDrive as part of an Office 365:

1. When working on any office app (Word, Excel, etc.) you can save directly to OneDrive. Which mean that the doc will be accessible on your laptop, but also automatically sync to the cloud. Hence, you enjoy both worlds - local easy to work with copy and also saved to the cloud for continuity.

2. Once your document is in the cloud you can easily share it with your colleagues for collaboration. This way you and your colleagues will have only one document to work on, instead of emailing each other updates and different versions of the doc.

What do you dislike?

On the implementation phase - doing remote distribution for the cloud connector didn't work smoothly. In some cases, it was not installed at all and in some other cases it was not capturing the user credentials and log-in automatically. I don't know if this is a known issue or expected behavior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. Don't take it for granted that everyone will use it just because it is the default on office app (for saving doc's). You need to train the users and explain them the good reasons why switch to save docs on OneDrive vs. their local documents folder.

2. Don't count on the auto distribution and validate that indeed the cloud connector is INSTALLED and is LOGED-IN with the user credential.

1. Collaboration - sharing a 'work in process' document for simultaneously updating.

2. Continuity - Seamlessly backup of the documents to the cloud for contingency.

Microsoft OneDrive review by sri p.
sri p.

"One Drive Review"

What do you like best?

Most of our end users use this product in our environment. I like the ability to synchronize SharePoint team sites / document libraries. It eliminates the need to have to open a browser to look at files that are hosted out on SharePoint. By using this App, it makes uploading / deleting / renaming files easier than having to do it through the browser as well. If you haven't used OneDrive or OneDrive For Business before, it works much like Dropbox / Google Drive, so anyone who has used either of these other products in the past will be familiar with how to use OneDrive.

What do you dislike?

dislike how slow the cloud server can be at times if a file is too large or has multiple people accessing it. I also do not care for the online interface with the software apps (Word, Excel, etc.). Their use is restricted in many ways and somewhat counter-intuitive to how we normally use the programs. I often find I have to download a file to my desktop and save back up to the cloud in order to truly modify files as I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are an endless number of benefits to using OneDrive. I think the one thing that is the most beneficial though is the OneDrive iOS app which allows to have access to all of your files straight from your phone.

I use it to store my work dosuments. And since it is integrated in my computers as folders that I can access directly without having to turn on the internet app, I'm saving a lot of time.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Keara M.
Keara M.

"Ability to Work on the Go "

What do you like best?

I’d worked at companies, including the current one I work for, who used a server on site where all our files are stored. This made working from home challenging, as I couldn’t access any files from the office unless I emailed them to myself before. My favorite thing about one drive is my ability to work remotely, from anywhere, and have all of my documents at my fingertips. It syncs quickly and accurately and allows me to answer emails on the go.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit of a learning curve when I first got it. Being a cloud based server, you have to get used to sharing documents with others on your team in a different way (versus just telling them which folder it was in on your server).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial if you can. I’d recommend finding someone who knows all the ins and outs of the different features to assist when first starting.

Not only does it allow me to send up to date information to my clients wherever I am, but it also makes it easy to share relevant data with my coworkers. I can allow access to certain documents for certain people and block access for those I don’t think need it. OneDrive also incorporates SharePoint sites which allow us to collaborate across the company virtually.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Gregory B.
Gregory B.

"Good Not Great!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Onedrive is the ability to save instantly from the cloud on to your computer. You can access files from anywhere. Work computer, laptop, home or any other android or IOS Device.

What do you dislike?

While Onedrive has its advantages is does have some issues. My problem with Onedrive is that it disconnects a lot. I have to log-in multiple times in a given week. This is tedious if you're talking about having to do it across multiple devices. If it is supposed to be an extension of your file system, it should not require this constant login and out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. I think it is good. Really depends on a personal style.

All in all, it is a good product. This allows me the ability to easily share with co-workers. Easy collaboration on assignments and reports. Allows you to work on documents or spreadsheets at the same time as another person who has access to the file.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Rao T.
Rao T.

"Best Cloud Storage "

What do you like best?

The Android, iOS and Windows Phone apps all have automatic photo uploads, meaning that when you shoot a photo with your phone, it's automatically saved to your account. OneDrive's biggest strength is that it works closely with Microsoft Office apps, such as Word or PowerPoint, so when you launch one of those applications you'll see a list of recent documents saved to OneDrive. If you have an Office 365 subscription and open a document saved in OneDrive, you can collaborate on it in real time with other people.

What do you dislike?

In late 2015, Microsoft made an announcement that it would no longer offer unlimited cloud storage to Office 365 subscribers. Instead, they are limited to 1TB. Additionally, beginning in early 2016, the 100GB and 200GB paid storage plans will be discontinued, replaced with a 50GB for $1.99 per month plan. You will no longer get extra space if you allow the OneDrive apps to automatically backup photos on your phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work with sensitive information that really must be kept secret, Microsoft’s relationship with the NSA and may be unacceptable. A bigger concern is that consumer files aren’t encrypted in the cloud.

Really the decision is yours, although if you’re using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 you’ll have to uninstall OneDrive manually.

Works seamlessly with Windows devices because it's built into the Windows operating system.

It's easy to open and edit files from OneDrive in Microsoft's other applications, such as Word or Excel.

Signing up for OneDrive gets you a Microsoft account, which gives you access to Outlook, Xbox Live, and other Microsoft services.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Gerald G.
Gerald G.

"The easy and clear way to work."

What do you like best?

With this software, I can make absolutely crafted documents, sort data, introduce visual presentations. The better part that I have the ability to cooperate in real-time with Office 365. I like that I have a very good chance to share all my files. I like to add large files to the letters. I like to use that power system.

What do you dislike?

Till now I don't have any bad issue with this software. Actually, the program works fast and very useful. That program gives the opportunity to work much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wonderful software to work with. Has a large place of memory for all your documents. Also has an easy setup. Working with this platform you will always have a new version of Office program. I recommend it to you.

We are glad that we can the most important files can be made accessible offline. To create more interesting information about our working documents. Useful access to any electronic devices which will help you to increase your productivity. It is a very easy way of sharing with all our file, images etc.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Online collaboration is great - actual file sharing a nightmare"

What do you like best?

Having multiple users able to edit a document all at once in the cloud is phenomenal! It makes crowdsourcing information so much easier. You can see where in the document someone is working and the name of your collaborators who are active. This speeds up our process instead of having to have a master document and only one person editing at a time.

What do you dislike?

The sharing functionality is horrible. It's not obvious how to share the actual file (to allow for downloading). The system is clearly intended to host the docs online and keep them there, not transport documents like you would on something like dropbox. I often need to use one-drive to share an exported file of data with a client. If you share (even with editting permissions) the file itself the client can't edit it. Only if you share the rights to the folder the file is in can they then download the single file. It took me 2 days and 4 people to figure out how to do this (note I work for a software company).

I also do not like that you have to choose the permission to the file every time you go to copy the share link. I wish you could set the permission on the file level instead of for each share.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using this for internal use only it's a great collaboration tool. If you're look primarily for file hosting and sharing to replace large attachments to email - not sure it's the best fit.

We use OneDrive for all of our internal file sharing to avoid attachments running around via email. We utilize the drive for running meeting notes, collaborative documents, team revenue tracking, and various other file types. We predominantly use the spreadsheet function which is nice because we can keep one updated file accessible to everyone instead of emailing out an update every time a small edit is made. For our team OneDrive has replaced our inhouse share drive for most documents.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"Great For Accessing Files From Multiple Devices"

What do you like best?

The best thing about OneDrive is being able to have all of your files and everything in one place neatly organized. You can share the documents with others to collaborate on and can be access from multiple devices. Working from home or the office and everything you need is still right there.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the limited about of storage space. It is enough for most users daily needs but a little more space would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneDrive is great for online storage and organization, it even comes with office 365

With a lot of documents that need to be shared, OneDrive is a great way for me to keep everything organized and share. A lot of my prospects are a bit wary of downloading files and downloading also takes up memory space. With OneDrive, I can give them the option of viewing my documents and downloading them if they want to.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Grant G.
Grant G.

"OneDrive has potential but falls short"

What do you like best?

- Integration with Microsoft Office Ecosystem and Windows explorer

- Ability to attach large files in Outlook via OneDrive

- Synchronization settings for files/folders in the background on an automatic basis of your choice

What do you dislike?

-When attaching files via OneDrive, the recipient must login via the online OneDrive portal. The sending user does not appear to have the option to not require this.

- OneDrive should take a cue from Google Drive abd provide a variety of access modes for sharing files with other. Options such as sharing with: anyone, anyone with link, anyone logged in, anyone in organization)

- It should feature the ability to have one's hard drive automatically imaged and backed up on a regular basis

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your organization is heavily invested in other Microsoft products (e.g. Outlook, Skype for Business, Office, SharePoint), then it will make a lot of sense to implement OneDrive across an enterprise. There is still potential for Microsoft to take this product and improve on it where competitors like Google Drive feature options not found on OneDrive.

Above all, OneDrive leverages the benefits of being integrated with the rest of the Microsoft Office and Windows ecosytem. Attaching large files in Outlook and have automated backups of files/folders stored on one's local hard drive are accessible in one streamlined source.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Matthew d.
Matthew d.

"Decent Option with Problems"

What do you like best?

OneDrive did make it easy to put our entire work library on the cloud. All of our documents synced with ease the first time around, and it made it easy to open the items we had placed in our OneDrive folder as well. Being able to share documents with co-workers and have them edit files and save them to the same folder without having to make another document or email anything back to you is a great benefit and increases productivity and communication.

What do you dislike?

After that initial wave of uploading is where the problems began. Things weren't showing up on other computers, I saw error messages from uploads far more than I'd have liked, and things didn't seem to update despite my saving them on our main office computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth a shot. We didn't pay a dime to start and we were able to use long enough and use enough of it to determine whether/not it was the right option for us as a business. We unfortunately opted to move in another direction, but it may very well work for others far better than it worked for us.

It did work more times than not, thankfully. It made our entire office connected and able to mostly access any files synced to OneDrive to continue the work process without a hitch. Not having to save, send in an email, then save, and send back makes things much more efficient.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Ben O.
Ben O.

"Lowest cost, easy to use but has a lot of problems"

What do you like best?

The low cost and the inclusion of the likes of Office 365 in some packages as well as the large 1TB+ space is very appealing.

What do you dislike?

On multiple occasions , Onedrive has gotten "stuck" somewhere within my folder structure and will no longer upload from that point. This was usually because of a long filesize name but it makes it very hard to pinpoint it and Microsoft support are no help as they simply suggest redownloading 100's of GB's (even TB's of data) to fix this long, well-known issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other options. Onedrive seems very appealing and when it works, it works brilliantly. But there's a good chance you will run into problems months into using the product. If you are in need of a system like Office 365 to go along with the product, consider Google Drive which incorporates Google sheets (like excel), Google docs (like word) and connects to a number of other pieces of software that could benefit your business.

When it works, it is an incredible platform to share documents amongst co-workers, send large files through emails or have a centralised system, based securely within the cloud that everyone in the company can access.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Joshua L.
Joshua L.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

The ease of integrating OneDrive with normal Windows activities. From setting it up as a default "Save As" location, to putting a shortcut into Windows Explorer, OneDrive has certainly helped keep files on the cloud. It has also reduced my computer usage so much, and help storage issues I had prior to using onedrive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are issues connecting on our network. Not sure if it is company specific or not, but when it fails to upload, it is tough to find a work around. I would also like to see more use of sharing between different users. It is not as intuitive as I would like - had to get a lesson from a coworker.

Helping storage consolidation and privacy mainly. By moving to the cloud, our work laptops can be used more for doing work as opposed to storing it. Previously, our computers would be so bogged down by file sizes, that after a couple of years the computers would have almost no empty space left. It's easy to fix by deleting old files, but moving to the cloud has eliminated this process completely.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Salvia Z.
Salvia Z.

"Microsoft One Drive business review"

What do you like best?

This software is easy to use and easy to share with collaborators. We perform a lot of tasks as a team utilizing the Microsoft One drive software. It is easy to track changes made to the documents in real time. Each person's progress can be monitored in a team. There is a variety of documents that can be uploaded and shared.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the space can feel limited and real time changes to the folders are not informed. The list of documents could be more organized on the system to allow for a more visual display. The web interface is not very user friendly. Also the app sometimes does not show the changes made immediately. The app also slows down at times on low internet speed or network loss. It would be very convenient to have the work saved regularly so that you do not lose the changes made in case of loss of connectivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended to businesses to utilize for team work and file sharing

Sharing large or bulky documents. Also tracking work done across teams is convenient. We worked on several projects and presentations as a team and we did not need to even meet regularly. We managed to collaborate effectively across different locations with the software.We used the software for documents over a period of 1-3 years and could access it with ease from any part of the world.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Tanya C.
Tanya C.

"Not as Easy as Google Drive, but OK for Windows"

What do you like best?

Great for sharing and communicating as that is so important in this era. I can quickly upload docs and share with relevant people and manage my documents remotely. You can sync it to your computer so you can directly save docs into a OneDrive folder and it is uploaded right away to the cloud account.

What do you dislike?

It's not like Google Docs and Drive where people can make live changes and we can collaborate real time. There is still a need to download (waste of time), update, save (waste of time). A lot of time wasted. Can't you tell I'm an avid Google Docs user? Yes, this process just takes way too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is an option to use Google Drive instead, that would be much more preferred. However, if youre a windows company and actively using Microsoft suite of services then OneDrive is a must.

Ease of sharing and communicating across functions internationally. I use it more than my team does, but people are finding benefits for this. I can quickly share the same folder with multiple people and update documents real time so everyone always has the most accurate and up to date information.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Danielle S.
Danielle S.

"OneDrive at EBPL"

What do you like best?

I like the cloud storage because of the ability to access from anywhere, but the most important to me is that it works with Office Online so I can make small edits in the web version even from a device that doesn't have the Office suite software.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it assumes that every attachment that I send should be uploaded to OneDrive and shared as a link. When I am sharing with people outside of my organization I do not need them accessing my OneDrive file. It also does not sync without refreshing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would only recommend this as a cloud storage option if you have a strong need for Office/Office 365 integration.

Our department is mostly part time and many members work outside of office hours. Since we rarely meet face to face we can collaborate on documents by sharing in OneDrive.

Microsoft OneDrive review by 🍰  Anastasia T.
🍰 Anastasia T.

"Great for multiple work locations"

What do you like best?

I really like that everything is in one place. I can also share my documents easily. I also enjoy that I am not limited to one device. I often work from home and can access my work from my home computer instead of carrying around my laptop around everywhere I go. OneDrive has a lot of good fuctions for a PC.

What do you dislike?

Small amount of storage. It is sufficient for what I need right now but foresee needing more space. I prefer to use a Mac for personal use so I don't tend to use my OneDrive account as much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneDrive is great for online storage and organization, especially on Windows 10.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Bradlyn W.
Bradlyn W.

"It does the job if you don't have anything better"

What do you like best?

OneDrive sees pretty wide adoption across several domains such as universities and workplaces. Therefore, it's easy to find help or plugins or whatever you need if you run into issues. It can also sync across multiple devices which is handy, and it's never thrown me an error in regards to filetypes.

What do you dislike?

OneDrive just doesn't run as fast as Google Drive does or has the storage I need. Google practically throws GB's of storage at you for purchasing things. Additionally as someone who is pretty error-prone, OneDrive doesn't save versions of your files the way Google does. That's a pain for someone like me who sometimes uses Google Drive as version control when need be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may end up not having a choice in whether you use OneDrive or not, if for some reason you can't use Google Drive then OneDrive is an acceptable substitute in this case.

I use OneDrive primarily when I have to work on things at my University as it's the only platform that's approved by the research board at GT. I use it to share data from studies we conduct, mockups for applications, final reports, and I've even used it to host files from the video game assignments I had last semester. Again, if you do not have the ability to use Google Drive, then OneDrive will do the job with only a few headaches such as storage space and versioning issues.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"Good Cloud File Storage Option"

What do you like best?

I can store my files in the cloud and access them from anywhere with an Internet connection.

What do you dislike?

The syncing process between the OneDrive program on a laptop/desktop and the cloud can have issues that are not easy to troubleshoot, especially after you have had gigabytes of files on your computer before you start syncing files. It can also be confusing for end users at times when trying to set up access to their employee OneDrive account on a laptop/desktop because there is a difference between the OneDrive person version and the OneDrive business version, and you need the right one installed on your computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft includes many of their products in different licensing options. In our case, access to OneDrive for Business was thrown into the mix with our licensing. Syncing files can be troublesome at times because OneDrive will say it had trouble syncing, but it will not give you more information, and in one case, I found that it had to do with some filenames including underscores, which is a pretty standard character.

OneDrive for Business is allowing our workforce to be more mobile by allowing access to work-related files outside of the business on either work or personal devices with security options in place to wipe devices for administrators.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Jacob T.
Jacob T.

"One Drive is a functional, but flawed storage solution"

What do you like best?

1. I like its integration with existing 365 products

2. I like where it lines up with Box and Dropbox. A client-side application is useful, and online access is convenient

3. I like the amount of apps it has, for multiple platforms

What do you dislike?

1. Transferring data to One Drive doesn't work well. Certain naming conventions will not transfer, and another Microsoft tool has to be run to fix it

2. Sharing to other people feels like an after thought and doesn't work well

3. Permissions as a whole are horrible

4. Microsoft says it's not supposed to be like Box and Dropbox. They treat it like a different product. But it doesn't do anything better. It's a subpar version of the same thing

5. Their competitors do the integration aspect better

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it only on cost, and as a barebones solution.

Mostly we were trying to find a cheaper solution to our online file storage. We already had office365 and thus One Drive.

The integration with existing 365 being built in is nice, and it's easy to just deal with one account for everything.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Valerie H.
Valerie H.

"Seamless and Clean"

What do you like best?

I enjoy not having to hunt down features. It is very easy to understand the interface even without watching a tutorial - especially if you have a little bit of computer know-how.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't found any features that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe OneDrive definitely has an upper hand on it's competitor(s) since it is not a stand alone product. Because it is a Microsoft application, having it integrate into Outlook and Windows is definitely a bonus. Wish I would have started using it sooner!

The first time I used OneDrive was to send a large attachment to a colleague that would not transmit via email. Since OneDrive is integrated with our Office 365 account, it located people within my organization seamlessly and even pre-populated an email for me when it was time to share the folder. Very useful!

Microsoft OneDrive review by Kelly C.
Kelly C.

"Great for flexible work locations"

What do you like best?

While I typically have my work laptop any where I go, it's great to be able to log in from anywhere to retrieve a document. I really like having my folders synced to my desktop too so I can use the Drive like an normal file system but also having them accessible through the cloud. When wifi is being slow, I know my files save on my desktop and will update the cloud files once the internet picks back up.

What do you dislike?

My one major complaint is the Share Files system ... when I share a file with a coworker, they need to go into the online portal and enter the "Shared with Me" tab. It would be helpful for collaboration if those shared files could also be accessible via the desktop link.

The best feature about Microsoft OneDrive is its portability. Before OneDrive, my company always had issues with forgetting files back at another office, etc... being able to house them in a cloud make it simple to retrieve any document. We also have to worry less about losing files if a computer crashes (which happens at least once a year).

Microsoft OneDrive review by Kathryn I.
Kathryn I.

"Useful Tool for Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Microsoft OneNote has greatly improved our institution's accessibility of shared files from mobile devices. I often use version tracking, and opt to receive notification when changes are made to a shared document. We use this for tracking processes and staying informed of changes to schedules.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if there was a chat feature in a document for times when there are multiple editors in the same document at once. The notification feature for changes to a document can only show the person who last changed it, but not what changes were made. I think this could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the scope of the implementation clear from the get-go. As an academic medical center our faculty need to be engaged in both teaching and clinical patient care. They are limited by FERPA and HIPPA. Initially we didn't realize that OneDrive was meant only for education-related materials. Some faculty were using it for research as well, which is not covered in our current roll-out.

Previous we were using encrypted servers and it was difficult to provide access to another user. We can bypass this process entirely using OneDrive. We have a large faculty body and scheduling them within their teaching communities can be a challenge. For evaluation purposes we needed to track substitutions for learning activities very closely and we were able to implement a process in OneDrive to allow facilitators to name their substitutes so that we can modify evaluations.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Colby S.
Colby S.

"Great tool for collaboration"

What do you like best?

OneDrive is easy to use, well known, and HIPAA Compliant. It allows staff to share files and folders and collaborate on documents all in the cloud. It allows for people to save documents securely in a place they will never get lost or stolen (unlike a flash drive) it is also great for sending large amounts of data both inside and outside the company

What do you dislike?

It does miss a few features that its competitor (ShareFile) has such as notifications of when documents are downloaded, and more features to control the documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add more tracking features to files with basic subscription.

We have Microsoft for email, and OneDrive is one of the many things that just sort of comes along with it. Starting to use it was cost effective and easy. We are moving away a bit from local server file sharing because it can be difficult for end users to share files the way they want with coworkers.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Meghan B.
Meghan B.

"Multipurpose cloud storage with ease"

What do you like best?

OneDrive for business is one of the best cloud storage solution comes with office 365 . It has best collaboration tool in which is so powerful yet very affordable. It is pretty simple to setup , easily integrateble with personal OneDrive Client. It offers huge storage capacity for collaboration between employees as well as external collaborator..A true replacement of Groove application with well ultra fast , efficient ,well designed interface.

What do you dislike?

It is not so much intent of intuitive to use . We face compatibility issue with my ios devices and always afraid if documents were saved or not. The syncing time is not much better as other competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for advanced cloud storage solution for your organisation , which should be fully compatible with your windows10 systems , it is one of the best option to use pre install OneDrive with your office365 user id, you will see an extra layer of security and ease of collaboration here.

Having OneDrive will improve the employees productivity , as it will make them mobile friendly , any where accessible. They will able to work remotely , regardless of device type dependency when not physically available at work.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Darren M.
Darren M.

"Microsoft OneDrive for Business makes storage and file sharing a snap!"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Microsoft OneDrive for Business is its integration into the Office 365 Suite, desktop, and mobile devices. It makes it easy to store and access files across any device, and quickly share files with people inside and outside of your organization with custom security privileges and access control.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the long, awkward URLs OneDrive generates for sharing files. The URLs often get broken up when sending via e-mail, requiring me to first use an url-shortening service (such as bit.ly) to make the link manageable. However, using an url-shortener makes the e-mails look less reputable and spammy. It would be great if OneDrive had its own built-in URL-shortening service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Microsoft OneDrive as part of the Office 365 Business suite, especially if you do a lot of planning, sharing, and coordinating with other teams and employees within and outside your organization. OneDrive makes it easy to keep everyone on the same page, and access information no matter where they are.

OneDrive for Business has made it possible to easily share large documents and files with customers and vendors that would otherwise be too large to send via e-mail. With the large storage allowance, we've been able to go almost entirely paperless.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Evan B.
Evan B.

"Cloud Product that Helps"

What do you like best?

Uploads changes automatically to the cloud, and downloads them to other machines that share the same account. Syncing is easy and pain-free.

What do you dislike?

It automatically starts with Windows; must be changed manually. Sometimes there ate short sync delays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you install OneDrive on multiple computers with the same account and place a folder on your PC, it'll automatically upload and download changes. For me, that's very useful: I recently had a flash drive fail, nearly losing all of my data. With OneDrive, files and changes will never be lost, even brand new files and changes!

I can't accidentally leave my work at home if it has been backed up online. It's really nice to have my work waiting for me when I get to work. I just start up OneDrive if it isn't already running, make sure it syncs, and all my work is there.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Jack L.
Jack L.

"File sharing ease"

What do you like best?

I find being able to create sub groups, sub projects, and folders within a file sharing platform to be incredibly useful to my everyday work. I work quite a lot in content creation as well as tutoring and find that I am constantly updating guides and documents to be used by my students and colleagues and being able to create these groups allows me to show people what I want them to see, whilst keeping my own files on the cloud safe too.

What do you dislike?

The appearance. It seems like an odd thing to complain about but when comparing it to my google drive account it appears quite ugly. I understand that it is used for business and shouldn't be so important to me but I think it could be worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel that the overall layout and appearance of the software could do with a little bit of a polishing. It looks like all microsoft products do but as I use this software for people who are outside of the company too it would be nice to be able to make it look a little more interesting or inviting. As I work in languages it would be great to give it a social media feel to access the files needed for their studies.

Right now we are utilising one drive for the exchange of large files between employees at Hedima. As we write a lot of documents and guides that are well over the mail size capacity have one drive is absolutely essential.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"Great for sharing resources and collaborating on documents"

What do you like best?

I like that there is integration between Microsoft products. You can open OneDrive documents directly from Word, Excel, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the desktop version of OneDrive gave access to documents that are shared with me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prefer DropBox as a file sharing and collaboration tool because it has the ability to access shared files from the desktop app and I've never had sync issues with that. I've had syncing issues with OneDrive in the past when I had files synced to multiple computers. When these issues occur, I always worried about losing files. The best part of this product is its integration with other Microsoft products.

We share documents that need to be accessed and edited by multiple members of my team. This is very helpful because multiple people can edit at the same time.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Gino J.
Gino J.

"An easy steps with OneDrive"

What do you like best?

I would like to say that OneDrive with 1Tb storage, every person on your account has plenty of storage and bandwidth to send files and collaborate as much as they need. So its really perfect. OneDrive's file-tracking features gives full control over how you share and edit files within and without your account. I think its the most great an idea to make it.

What do you dislike?

I can't tell you something bad about that problem because till now i don't have any problem with that one. Maybe just a slow speed but i knew about this already.It's don't bother me at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What why I recommend the platform is clean and simple for me to use which is why I prefer it. As it allows for huge storage space and cloud solutions.

We've solved a lot of problems in terms of file organization and sharing across the our organization. Also it's a great, easy-to-use platform out of the OneDrive. So we don't have to worry about going through emails to grab the right file. It's organized in box and really helped us be more proficient on it.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Ho'omana Nathan H.
Ho'omana Nathan H.

"Nice cloud service that works great with Office and has good features for sharing"

What do you like best?

OneDrive for Business offers a lot of useful features for collaborative work, including the ability to share (for viewing or editing) by adding users or sending links. This makes it easy to create a collaborative workspace for files that can be easily accessed by individuals who work remotely, or who aren't very familiar with cloud storage or shared file spaces.

What do you dislike?

Although I know they've improved this recently, it doesn't have the flexibility for synchronous collaboration on files that something like Google Drive has. This means that if one user is editing a Word document in the share, no one else can see what's being done and files can easily end up with conflicted copies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for filesharing, especially if you have people who aren't onsite. However, we ultimately switched to a fileshare server on our LAN since it was a little quicker and simpler for our needs.

We used OneDrive for Business to share linguistic data among researchers working on a single (massive) project. We also stored other miscellaneous files that we all needed (e.g. the equipment inventory for our Linguistics Lab).

Microsoft OneDrive review by Matthew Z.
Matthew Z.

"A medium level could storage for small to medium level colloboration"

What do you like best?

For many people the software to run this cloud solution is already baked into their machines through owning Microsoft Office or Windows 10 software. For that reason, it's easier to implement thaItn solutions that require additional installations / applications (i.e. dropbox). As long as the whole team in on Microsoft products, it works well.

What do you dislike?

It's when not everyone is on Microsoft that the benefits can start to dip in application. As a supporter of Open Source software like Apache office etc, it can be an extra step. It also launches at the start up of the computer and requires a certain amount of cpu effort and internet bandwidth. In one case, had a non-tech savey person save the contents of a curriculum DVD to a One Drive folder and it really impacted the network for everyone on that branch (uploading 4.6 GB of info).

Recommendations to others considering the product

More tiers for storage. Perhaps plug ins for other software like Adobe or Libre Office?

The importance of being able to have everyone on the "same page" and work together on the same document. It reduces work time when sharing work files vs using USB drives and email. Saves time and provides a level of back up.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Katie M.
Katie M.

"Useful but occasionally glitchy. "

What do you like best?

Straightforward organization, really accessible and easy to use. We use OneDrive for a number of different audiences, and are able to share with different levels of permissions to audiences within and external to the organization.

What do you dislike?

Live editing of xcel online files is very glitchy and the page will often refresh mid edit. There are also problems occasionally with verification when toggling between outlook and OneDrive where I'll have to log out and back in in order to see anything.

We've been able to easily and securely share files, and the different permissions levels are really helpful to collaboration. Enabling and taking away editing permissions when needed makes OneDrive a secure way to collaborate and get all the input we need. Having our files able to be visible to the public also ensures transparency, which is important in our line of work.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Hao Q.
Hao Q.

"Great Cloud Storage"

What do you like best?

OneDrive for Business allows regular users to easily save documents to a synchronized folder and access them from anywhere with internet access. The synchronized folder is then automatically backed up with their OneDrive folder. It also allows for easy access to files offline.

What do you dislike?

Security and privacy - I guess all the cloud storage providers face the same issue. OneDrive is owned by Microsoft so it maintains the right to scan these repositories for “objectionable” or copyrighted content. IT needs to train the regular users on what type of content is appropriate to be stored in OneDrive for Business.

Previously we were using the local storage for staff to use in order to save/share files. Staff didn't have access to these internal stored files when they were at home. Now we are switching to the OneDrive for Business and hopefully this problem can be solved.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Khurram S.
Khurram S.

"Cloud drive for several purpose"

What do you like best?

I like to view my documents online and this drive do that for me, open doc(s) etc, Like word document can be open and (Managed) by word online tool.

Desktop application also make it easy to sync documents and other data.it easy to install, configure and use.

I like its security and how easy i made for me to share my new releases with different servers where i installed one drive desktop application already and configure only specific folder to share from settings.

So it only sync that folder.

What do you dislike?

Some time just when i have some internet connection issue or some other issue directly or indirectly related to one drive desktop application then it (one drive desktop app) pause syncing. To fix it restart one drive desktop app or restart system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is really powerful collaboration tool, Sharing documents, media and much more, in addition with that we can manage documents online without downloading them, or you can download it in your favorite tool if you want.

Sharing data, collaboration with other colleagues or friends, online editing/managing documents and most important i have make deployments by getting latest release from my one drive :)

I make the release and have appropriate folder on one drive and then access it from different server where i have already installed and configured one drive. so i don't need to upload common release on staging and live etc environments.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Prasad Z.
Prasad Z.

"A good tool to keep your files online and access it whenever necessary"

What do you like best?

1. Provides a means to keep your file online and share it with your peers.

2. It auto syncs your folder and keeps them upto date in a timely manner.

3. Multiple concurrent users are allowed to edit the files when needed.

4. Multiple users can share and save data in one drive that is visible by everyone else who has access to that one drive.

5. Ease of use is another point.

What do you dislike?

1. Th UI can be made more user friendly and appealing.

2. There were some intial problems of knowing how to use this piece of tech.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instead of attaching files on PC, it is better to save it on one drive, to keep your data online and access it whenever needed.

Online repository that could be accessed by multiple folks. multiple concurrent edits.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Marcos Gabriel C.
Marcos Gabriel C.

"Microsoft OneDrive for Business"

What do you like best?

I liked the facility for this. Often, I had to show others how to use and how to sign up. Microsoft improves it quite a bit, removing the file limitations and sharepoint size restrictions that hindered it becoming a primary tool for business.

OneDrive allows you to organize your personal files between computers, shared networks, email, etc. It is straightforward and gives you lots of alerts.

There also would appear to be some glitches while people were editing simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

Often, the files I upgraded on my laptop do not appear in the One Drive app on my tablet. This made me a little frustrated and angry. But it has how to improve and fix it.

In addition, although my employer paid for the software, my office managers would frequently comment on the good value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a lot to improve on some features, but it is a great program for what you have done, save files and share it from the message account. I recommend

If you need to use One Drive to access mobile devices, make sure your users are able to access this feature seamlessly Ensure you enhance it by implementing the available compliance and security features within Office 365 and Google Authenticator that gives more security, but in itself is a great program and APP. This saved time not only for the employee and/or for their colleague who they would have to ask, but for the guest as well - overall leading to a smoother check-in and therefore, increased guest satisfaction. I recommend.

Microsoft OneDrive review by John K.
John K.

"Leverage the Cloud and free up space on your hard drive!"

What do you like best?

I love the software's ability to sync files/libraries with OneDrive in the cloud, giving me access to a live version of the document from wherever I am in the world (with an internet connection). You also have the ability to share with a number of different security settings and no longer have to rely on your PC and lugging it around you everywhere you go, in the event you might need a file! The mobile app works well, too, which is an added bonus to your document/storage management.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, syncs fail for a number of reasons, be it a character in the document name or size, etc. Other times, it seems to get confused on how and what folder to sync and you have to re-do the settings to get it back on track.

OneDrive for Business has become our primary storage/back-up center. We have linked our My Documents to it and have live back-ups of the important documents we need to hold on to. It also allows us to dump our files there and generate a link, that we email to our recipients. It is much easier to email and click on a link than it is to transport/download a 50mb file!

Microsoft OneDrive review by likitha j.
likitha j.

"one drive for all"

What do you like best?

OneDrive is truly a great service. It offers enough free storage space in the cloud for a casual user and it allows you to use it without much hassle, on a multitude of devices. OneDrive is the service that will give you the power to access all the above at any moment, from any place. It doesn't really matter if you use a computer, a tablet, a gaming console or a smartphone.This service is used by all the different platforms as the central point for uploading files to the cloud, synchronizing system and app settings, remembering my passwords and browsing history and more. So i like it.

What do you dislike?

OneDrive works well for the individual, but is limiting when it some to sharing files will colleagues, and clients/suppliers too. This also limits its effectiveness as a project management tool. it has some security issues and syncing problems while we upload some files to the cloud.Microsoft Windows remains the number one targeted platform for hackers and while OneDrive has remained fairly free of any serious breaches, users must follow standard security procedures. To ensure security users must use strong passwords and ensure they have chosen the right file sharing permissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it wisely and use all the security measures to prevent it from mishandling.

As a Microsoft platform, OneDrive works closely with Microsoft Office apps, such as Word or PowerPoint – when you launch one of these applications you’ll see a list of recent documents, including those saved to OneDrive. If you have an Office 365 subscription and open a document saved in OneDrive, you can collaborate with it in real-time with other people.

Microsoft OneDrive review by Maggie B.
Maggie B.

"Good for bouncing drafts, but could use a few key improvements"

What do you like best?

I'm a grant writer at a national nonprofit, and I love that OneDrive lets me share drafts with my coworkers across the country. We can edit simultaneously, continually update without having to send out new versions, and leave comments for each other.

What do you dislike?

All of the issues I have with OneDrive are exclusive to the browser view; once I view it in the word doc form, it's fine. The biggest issue is that track changes are not visible in the browser. Since my colleagues and I have been using OneDrive instead of bouncing attachments back and forth, the track changes are critical to easily see what changes have been made. Also, much of the formatting looks screwed up in the browser view (though it doesn't permanently mess up formatting--it looks normal as soon as you switch to word doc). Columns often don't show up, colors show up as a different color or black, and downloaded fonts are not available. If those issues were fixed, I'd give OneDrive a 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneDrive is great once all colleagues you're sharing drafts with are used to it, but you'll want to train them thoroughly before you roll it out to avoid confusion.

One drive eliminates the issue of different versions of a draft circulating simultaneously, because we are all editing the same document rather than sending attachments via email. It also automatically saves our work to OneDrive, making it safe and readily accessible.