Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Microsoft OneNote

(940 reviews)

Microsoft OneNote is a note capturing, file storage & sharing solution

Work for Microsoft OneNote?

Learning about Microsoft OneNote?

Microsoft OneNote Reviews

Showing 952 Microsoft OneNote reviews
Microsoft OneNote review by Marco G.
Marco G.

"Excellent tool for saving notes"

What do you like best?

It is the best digital notepad application that allows you to write down everything you need quickly and easily. In addition, the notes that are created are synchronized in the cloud automatically and can be viewed in different devices instantly and at any time meetings and many other things.

What do you dislike?

From my point of view, it seems to me a quite complete and easy to use application with a simple and friendly supplementary menu, which is why I do not get any unfavorable points in its use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very simple to use with a menu of options super friendly and with its option to save the information in the cloud allows access to the information at the right time reason why I recommend the application for the benefits offered to the public

A business and personal level allows the safeguarding of ideas at the right time and their automatic synchronization with the cloud allows access to them at any time from a computer or mobile device solving the oblivion of the tasks or ideas that arise spontaneously

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft OneNote
Microsoft OneNote review by Xareen A.
Xareen A.

"All in One solution for All in One writers!"

What do you like best?

Being user friendly to take care of necessary documents which were mistakenly or accidentally unsaved. Whether save it not, your notes are always there! As it can be synced to the drives through email address, there is no fear to lose any single valuable word.

One note not only saves the day, but also saves the moment. So if there's any written document of significant moments on one note, it's standing right there forever.

Quick notes are always smart solution for rush hours to hold on small things even while racing. Sections are the most convenient way to arrange documents which always helps to separate writing topics to pile and hold them all together.

No matters whatever is written from wherever, it'll automatically sync to the drive to access later from any device while needed. Either organised or indifferent, Microsoft Onenote is the one stop solution for diversified writers.

What do you dislike?

Color scheming, specially section indicating colours. Overall colour scheming seems like they've been picked up randomly without having any theme. Icon selection also can be revised, it would be less boring if one note had some different icons that is identical as its own.

Nothing comes pure, not even Gold itself. Just like that, sometimes the app backfires by getting shut down automatically with the documents were getting typed on that very moment. After restarting the app, all can be found is the older documents with no sign of the latest one! Yet it doesn't happen frequently and that's a relieve. But, every time I plan to select texts on prolonged documents, I actually get scared of not being able to do that. On cellphone, selection key works slower than anything which most of the time ends up either on the wrong selection point or deleting the whole text for good. That is really frustrating.

What Note-Taking Management solution do you use?

Microsoft OneNote review by Frank K.
Frank K.

"OneNote - Great Productivity Tool for Individuals and Teams"

What do you like best?

- Simple to use; many features for advanced users, but anyone can be productive from day one

- Integration with Teams and Outlook

- Web Clipper for collecting data from websites for online research

- Usable on tablet and mobile devices as well as desktops.

- Automatic OCR of text on images

What do you dislike?

- New Windows 10 App dropped many useful features from old desktop version

- Notebooks have to be on the cloud; with multiple accounts and lots of notebooks it can be difficult to work out what is where

- Global search doesn't always work across all notebooks

- Backups - difficult to do an old school backup of data

- If you are not comfortable with everything being on the cloud, OneNote is probably not for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you have used OneNote you'll soon wonder how you managed without it. Get everyone on the team onboard - OneNote is a massive productivity booster.

OneNote is commonly used within Teams for project work. Great to have a single place for everyone on the team to collect unstructured data, meeting minutes, checklists etc. The best personal and team productivity tool ever to have come out of Microsoft.

Using OneNote as a collection point for project data is great for people working in different time zones. With everything in one place (and fully searchable), onboarding new team members is faster as they can see the entire history of the project in the OneNote notebook.

Microsoft OneNote review by Brad D.
Brad D.

"OneNote for Project Management"

What do you like best?

OneNote is a great tool for project management - you are able to link files and create lists, tables, etc. to help keep things organized. I value the ability to dynamically create lists, as OneNote generates bullets just by pressing Enter. I like that OneNote automatically displays when others are typing withing the same notebook. It is easy for everyone on the team to tell who is making updates and when. The updates show up automatically and in real-time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the tabs feature. It is difficult to keep things organized this way. The other item that I dislike in this product is that it is sometime difficult to connect to the server. We have often had issues getting all team members to work on the same OneNote, which defeats the purpose of an automatic project management tool. The designers should work towards a more bug-free design, if poossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use this tool for PM only - storing embedded files is not always advisable.

This is a great project management tool, particularly across different geographies, where people are working at different times. You can dynamically keep track of lists, much better than over email or even an Excel file. Instead of having version control issues, with Excel files or Word documents, the OneNote allows many users to be in the file at the same time, all making updates. I highly advise all businesses to consider using this product instead of more traditional tools.

Microsoft OneNote review by YUSMARYS JOSEFINA G.
YUSMARYS JOSEFINA G.

"ONE NOTE BECCKED IN THE BLOCK OF NOTE THAT I NEEDED FOR MY DAY TO DAY"

What do you like best?

I like to use ONE NOTE every day because of how easy it is to use it, I can store both my pending notes to make as an information that must be passed to word or be printed later. I can have an order of my accounts payable and collect pending in the company where I work, AND THE BEST OF ALL IS THAT I ONLY NEED TO HAVE A HOTMAIL MAIL ACCOUNT TO ACCESS THIS PROGRAM AND THAT IT IS COMPLETELY GATIS, I can also store my information in clouds gracuas a onedrive

What do you dislike?

I have no problem with this program, it is great and it is very useful for me, it is very helpful in my work for my organization.

OneNote has a design designed to help your user to organize their tasks and documents usually for projects, the pages can be as large as one wishes, the bitmap images can be inserted without loss of quality, does not allow the application of a uniform page design, among others. One of the innovations of OneNote is the integration of search and indexing functions within the graphics. OneNote can search within text embedded in images (screenshots, scanned documents, or photographs). You can also search for text in the handwritten annotations. You can search even within an audio recording. Its multi-user capability allows you to edit a note without connection and synchronize it later. This makes it an appropriate tool for groups whose members are not always online. OneNote has been designed as a collaboration tool and allows more than one person to work a page at the same time. Although it was originally designed to be used on a touch computer to take handwritten notes, many people use it as a general tool to take notes in any situation. It is widely used in the field of education to take notes in class.

Microsoft OneNote review by Gurava M.
Gurava M.

"One Stop Shop for maintaining your work notes, TO DO List, meeting notes and everything else"

What do you like best?

It mimics the note book that we generally use. The best part is you can have multiple note books, mutliple sections and multiple pages within it. So, you can maintain your own order.

If you are using stylus (for surface) or other notebooks, You can use One Note exactly like a note book. I use it to draw mocks and show to my team live.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing specifically I dislike as part of one note. I find it more and more thrilling as I started using it. Using it to put the cursor is a bit tricky and confusing sometimes (primarily on images and beside them).

It automatically copies the links.. most of the times i remove the link. Not sure if there is an easy way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use it for multiple purposes

1. Team Notes with team sharing options

2. Day to Day activities diary

3. Meeting Notes and Discussions with TO DO list

4. Mockups (Sketches) using stylus if you are using tables or note books (like Microsoft Surface)

Quick mockups to run and show it to my team (This is what I liked most).

Making notes day by day and maintaining it like a digital diary.

Making meeting notes and discussions with certain leadership teams and tracking it through sharing the one note. Very effective and useful. My CEO loved it very much.

Microsoft OneNote review by Jade C.
Jade C.

"Auto save! Auto save! Auto save! and then some other great features!"

What do you like best?

I love the interactive features like Page Templates, Custom Tags, Version History, Real-time Collaboration

Integration with Outlook, Audio/Video Recording and the very best thing is its Integration with Other Apps.

When I first discovered the page templates for tasks I thought YAY no more post it notes covering my desk and file cabinet now I can easily find and add notes, sources or sub tasks to the dozens of items i have flagged. The custom tags are great too so I can flag discussion with people I repeatedly talk to, and mark appointments or different priorities easily.

What do you dislike?

You only have to save once when you create a book but if you need to move it, then it gets a bit complicated. I really don't want the desktop app to go away, i find it very familiar and easier to use than the online version so I am not sure what i will do when the 2019 version comes out. I just really like my desktop apps!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Did I mention Auto save! I highly recommend doing some tutorials or feature guides to see all the great ways you can use OneNote.

Collaboration with powerful tools through which pages, notebooks or sections can be shared with team members in real time is amazing. No more emailing projects and notes back and forth an the format allows for so many features to shine we barely need any other project tools.

Microsoft OneNote review by Vannessa C.
Vannessa C.

"Great for Note-Taking"

What do you like best?

OneNote keeps your notes organized and is easy to manipulate to place text and other items exactly where you need them. You can customize pretty much any aspect related to the text (color/font/size/effects). You can also add templates. One of the more functional things we have used it for was office goals and tasks that we need to assess and address. It's nice that everything is all in one place, and you can pick up wherever you last left off.

What do you dislike?

The functionality can get a bit repetitive when using it, and it can be tedious to create new pages. Also, I had some trouble accessing my notebooks from other computers, so that was annoying. I wish there were also more modern templates. Sometimes you want things to line up exactly from the get go, but it begins the text wherever you click, which is convenient/annoying so it's bittersweet at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this is great since it comes with Microsoft Office, but I would say it's better for students and not for businesses. There are likely better apps/programs for businesses that are more functional and efficient to use.

I love that you can import photos (drag and drop) to wherever you need them to be. Also, you can have several notebooks to stay even more organized, customize each one by color, and import/export the notebooks. They can be accessed from different computers as long as they're on the same network, so it's been easy to pickup where you left off from one tablet to another, or to the desktop, etc.

Microsoft OneNote review by Chevelle M.
Chevelle M.

"Why I love Onenote"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Onenote is the clip tool, it makes it so easy for me to get everything I need off of the web for research or if I want to read it offline. It is so easy to use and it is saved forever. I also love the dock option so I don't have to keep switching screens. This app is just point blank amazing.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes makes it hard to operate with everything in the boxes. Like it would be easier if it just clipped the text and left it out of boxes but I also know that having it in boxes makes it easier to say delete the item that you are looking at for the research and then delete it from your work

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely use this program over any others. The cost is worth it when you can clip from the web, have it everywhere you go, and it has never crashed on me once. there are so many features and options that make your life way simple.

It makes me more productive when I'm not actually on the web but I still have all of the saved research that I need.

Microsoft OneNote review by Dipal P.
Dipal P.

"Best Note taking tool"

What do you like best?

I like following from the one note:

1) It's super easy and allows you to take note instantly (if you have the client on in your pc)

2) New revamped version of the one note for business is much better than the old one

3) Wherever you click in the note - you can start writing to take note. It helps you that way to organize your notes - where you can bifurcate things.

4) You can create your own canvas - similar to business model canvas, lean canvas, etc. type of note taking.

5) Easily export to pdf, word or other formats - where you want to send to your teams.

6) It helps you to categorize your notes where you can subcategorize too... so, it helps you to organize your work in better way (sections and pages)

7) In case of any personal notes - you can even password protect too.

8) best part is its color - it looks fresh and helps you to take note :)

What do you dislike?

No complaints so far. I liked it so much. The only thing I would say that overall size of the mobile app is too heavy for the android. Not sure about the other platforms, but android is too heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's super easy to use and helpful in capturing the notes in a much efficient way. No need to go or check any alternatives rather use this straight away.

It helps me to capture any important information relevant to my job safe and securedly. It doesn't required me to save the notes as it is auto save. I can capture images, text, screenshots, other multimedia contents which shows its power. During the meeting or even to recall the important points post meeting - it helps me to refer, recall easily.

Microsoft OneNote review by Marianí F.
Marianí F.

"one note is very useful as a notepad"

What do you like best?

I like this program because it is an excellent tool, which helps me write down everything I still have to do or something to remember, it is very easy to use and I can access it from any computer just by using my hotmail email. in addition to being very complete allowing you to add images to the lyrics for one of your preference among other things

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints with this program, the only thing I would like is that they offer a mobile version that is not necessary to have the mail open all the time, and thus have better access in their excellent cell.

You can store notes and information in one place. Capture and organize your information in OneNote: notes, images, web pages, voice messages and other multimedia elements. One can take notes with touch, pen or keyboard, or use them together and easily change.

Microsoft OneNote review by Alberto G.
Alberto G.

"My work assistant."

What do you like best?

I like One Note, because it is my work assistant, since it is indispensable in my daily work, because thanks to this software I have all my information at hand and in a very organized way what I love; Also I do not need to download the application so I do everything in the cloud, without using space on my phone or my computer and that's really great.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes OneNote slows down and it takes a while to save the information, but I consider that this is not a problem of the software but of the quality of the internet service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to take notes in your work or if to remember all your daily activities you take notes constantly, I recommend ONENOTE, because it will help you to have all your valuable information at hand whenever and wherever you need it.

ONE NOTE benefits me because having everything organized I can be more productive in my work, also because I can access all my notes files that I have stored in this application through any device which prevents me from taking the computer with me to all parts making the job easier.

Microsoft OneNote review by Alexander P.
Alexander P.

"Do not forget anything with Microsoft OneNote."

What do you like best?

I like the Microsoft OneNote application because I can make all the important annotations and save them for later review, I have used this application a lot in work meetings, with this tool everything is captured, it is a program with a free software license to facilitate the taking notes, gathering information, also allows creating a virtual printer to send files or documents from other programs, OneNote facilitates the help to remember and take digital block notes for the continuous use of information, I also like it because it offers the possibility of adding drawings, diagrams, photographs, multimedia elements, audio, video and scanned images, I can synchronize OneNote in the cloud with Microsoft OnDrive and visualize all my notes in any computer that I find with internet access.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like very much about Microsoft OneNote is that there is the possibility that cyber criminals violate the security of the service and obtain confidential information about the company or projects when it is stored in the cloud, OneNote uses more disk space on the server, if other programs use the same network server or if it is used to store data files, it is possible that the server does not have enough disk space, if you choose the installation of the workstation or the execution from a network server, the speed program execution can be reduced if the volume of network traffic is very high or if the use of the network server is very intense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this application from Microsoft because it optimizes the way of gathering important information during work meetings, it is a practical application and very easy to use, they can organize their events, in digital notebooks and they can be divided into multiple sections sections and pages. It has a nice search interface, it can be highlighted or written using the keyboard with OneNote in all its devices, it will never lose the information since we can store it in the cloud as a backup form.

This tool has very good benefits for data collection, Microsoft OneNote in the company has provided its employees with a flexible way to collect notes and information, efficient search functions to find information quickly and effectively, on the other hand, facilitates the use of shared notebooks so that the teams work together in a more efficient way, we can organize ourselves in a comfortable way and the productivity of meetings is improved for the writing of minutes.

Microsoft OneNote review by Roxana P.
Roxana P.

"Use and deployment of Microsoft OneNote"

What do you like best?

I like the Microsoft OneNote tool because it is a program with a freeware license developed by Microsoft to facilitate the taking of notes, the collection of information, and the multiuser collaboration also allows to create a virtual printer in order to send files or documents from other programs , OneNote facilitates the help to remember and make notes of digital block for continuous use of the information, I also like because it offers the possibility of adding drawings, diagrams, photographs, multimedia elements, audio, video, and scanned images, also allows to create a virtual printer in order to send files or documents from other programs, it also offers me the exchange of notes through file sharing or WebDAV.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about Microsoft OneNote is that it uses more disk space on the server, if other programs use the same network server or if it is used to store data files, the server may not have enough disk space , if you choose a workstation installation or run from a network server, the speed of execution of the programs can be reduced if the volume of network traffic is very high or if the use of the network server is very intense, if the server is disconnected, other users will not be able to use the Microsoft Office programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My considerations of this tool, which is an advanced and versatile application of Microsoft OneNote, can organize your world, we can organize in digital notepads that can be divided into sections and pages, Thanks to its simple navigation and search, you will always find the notes exactly where we left them, order the thoughts and we can improve it even more

reviewing the notes with pencil notes, highlighting or writing by using the keyboard with OneNote on all your devices, you never lose an ounce of inspiration, you can also share and collaborate with great minds do not always think the same, but can share ideas and create in collaboration with OneNote.

This Microsoft OneNote tool has provided us with a flexible way to collect notes and information, efficient search functions to find what is searched quickly and that facilitates the use of shared notebooks for teams to work together in a more efficient way , it helps us to find information more quickly, we work as a team in a more efficient way, we can organize in our own way, the productivity of the meetings is improved.

Microsoft OneNote review by Martha Ann K.
Martha Ann K.

"OneNote will amaze you!"

What do you like best?

One of the best things about OneNote is the ability to quickly enter data of many types without much effort. There are many different types of intake methods from browser extensions to mobile devices and of course the traditional desktop.

I find it very comforting that I can quickly record information about something then go back and easily reformat it.

As a team we share a single OneNote so it makes updating or sharing info very simple.

Users can manage multiple personal OneNotes along with the one we share as a team.

What do you dislike?

Maybe a little better integration with native spreadsheets. Currently it appears to force your spreadsheet info into a choice of several predefined formats.

Page updating for our International users is definitely slow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft OneNote is the best software ever invented. It helps you optimize your productivity with the additional benefit of making it more productive and organized. I have used it daily for the last 3 years and it has made me more efficient to get information quickly.

Everyone in the company has access to OneNote; some departments used it as a shared notebook for information and tacking of workload. Individuals use it for their own benefit. Productivity and having information available to a group to access immediately.

Microsoft OneNote review by Davianna T.
Davianna T.

"One Note un servicio muy eficaz "

What do you like best?

One Note es un Excelente servicio y no aplicación por que lo llamo y concluyo que es así?, bueno por que lo tenemos disponible para múltiples plataformas, ya que esta no importa en donde sea ejecutado, como pasa con algunos programas que no son compatibles por ejemplo One note para windows también sirve para One Note para Mac, lo puedes utilizar para android, en tu tablet y en tu iphone, incluso atraves de la web para plataformas que no son compatibles, puedes ingresar archivos desde la nube, sincronizar bloc de notas que vayas a generar en One Note, se pueden agregar fotografías, notas de voz y vídeos, operaciones matemáticas, tiene herramientas para trabajar a lápiz manualmente, se puede editar y modificar todo imágenes, textos etc. Si conociéramos mas a fondo esta herramienta llegando al punto de especializarnos en ella nos seria muy útil al punto que no lo veríamos solo como una herramienta mas o algo donde podemos anotar y ya lo que la mayoría de las personas piensa de esta aplicación ya que no conocen su utilidad profesionalmente y se encierran en las que ya conocen.

What do you dislike?

La verdad no eh encontrado nada que me disguste de esta aplicación, si la mejoraran cada día mas seria un verdadero éxito siempre y cuando venga integrado un tutorial básico para que las personas que son principiantes vean y se interesen en utilizar esta herramienta ya que muchos no a la mayoría de las personas les cuesta aprender cosas nuevas y seria de gran ayuda lo antes mencionado, sin mas nada que decir cierro esta pregunta.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si lo recomiendo si estan buscando una herramienta de notas completa esta es la indicada, donde quieras y cuando quieras la puedes utilizar de maneras amplias, si lo recomiedo para amigos que se quieran esprecializar en estas cosas lo que hay es que darle la oportunidad de conocerla.

Los problemas comerciales que resuelve no los sabría con exactitud pero si esta nos sirve para uso particular, para profesionales deberia ser un exito por cuanto antes ya eh mencionado antes los beneficios que esta aplicacion como son el facil acceso a esta herramienta y en distintas plataformas que ella se presenta sin mas nada que agregar me limito a seguir escribiendo en esta pregunta.

Microsoft OneNote review by Carl V.
Carl V.

"OneNote is so awesome for us here at SkylarRocks!"

What do you like best?

Howdy! Carl here, and I just felt like I had to share our awesome experience with OneNote! We here at SkylarRocks have to deal with so many customers, and OneNote makes it incredibly easy, like, awesome easy. We keep our weekly inventory safe in OneNote, and it backs up to all of our devices. We also got 5 GB of free OneDrive storage along with our Microsoft account, which - yeah, I really love. It's totally cool, all the way.

What do you dislike?

Well, man, I really dislike the way that OneNote works with the iPad sometimes. Like, on my iPad Pro, when I try to change a letter that I made a mistake on while typing, my cursor will not land on the desired character. Instead, it will land two characters behind. Dude, that's real annoying. I also dislike how silly OneNote looks. I mean, Calibri and purple does not look good for me. It's as if they're trying to copy our company's theme! And that's not cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneNote is totally awesome, but make sure to try to not make any mistakes! Also, be sure to use your business email! College accounts (.edu) do not seem to work too well, if ya know what I mean!

Before OneNote, I mean, we were texting inventories to ourselves and it was a real huge hassle. Inventories would be messed up and lost, and our phone plans would cost so much trying to like text and email pictures of hand-written inventories to ourselves. Thankfully, OneNote lets us work offline, and then when it is online it syncs to the cloud. And the cloud is great; we will eventually need that 5 GB of OneDrive storage to match pictures with our customers.

Microsoft OneNote review by Juanan M.
Juanan M.

"I use it everyday"

What do you like best?

For me the best is that it is simple and easy to utilize, I utilize it fundamentally when I'm in gatherings and we need to make critical minutes or notes that are given in that gathering which are exceptionally steady and this is the quickest and least demanding way .

What do you dislike?

With respect to inconveniences, amid the time that I have been utilizing OneNote right up 'til today there is nothing that I don't care for. We should perceive that it is a genuinely total application for the utilization that is required, and its interface has an extremely basic and simple to utilize plan

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to utilize, its interface is exceptionally basic posture extremely commonsense plans to deal with, Each one of the note pads that you have made in OneNote are composed in segments shaped by a few pages, so in every one of them you will have spared everything relying upon the subject.

It is helpful when I am assembling archives in various configurations together as I don't have to open different projects.While doing long or short gatherings this application encourages me a considerable measure to make my explanations, with the goal that I don't miss any purpose of what was concurred and I remember any guidelines that are being sent to perform

Microsoft OneNote review by Ruben B.
Ruben B.

"Great for notes"

What do you like best?

It lets you creat different tabs to separate the different subjects, and inside those tabs you can add more tabs to filter better the information. You can add text, picture, sheets and more to the documents to make very complex works. You can synchronize with Onedrive and have a backup on the cloud and also make the files accesible from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Amid the time that I have utilized this application, I can just say that it is a genuinely entire and simple to utilize application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its very easy to use it and a useful way, for me, it has helped greatly to organize myself, my task and the work that involves them, you wont regret using it.

Making a plan for the day and running errands enables you to impart meeting notes to your colleagues in a snappy and simple way. Its great to have it accesible from anywhere thanks to Onedrive synchronization on the cloud.

Microsoft OneNote review by Administrator

"Highly Satisfied with MS OneNote"

What do you like best?

OneNote is the application which comes with Microsoft Product and whatever we work or access it used OneDrive to store data on cloud storage which simply synced with all devices we connect.

Compatible on almost all devices like Windows, Mac, Android etc.

There are lots of benefits we get to create as many separate notebooks as we want and divide each individual notebook into color-coded sections and pages, which are basically notes.

It also support Multiple media for voice and video we can add on OneNote.

What do you dislike?

some of the users faces syncing issue while syncing the file with OneDrive storage. Else we have not found

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is flexible and featured-packed through collecting tools, which gives us the ability to arrange your notes in any haphazard way we want to use. Fabulous product created by Microsoft. Keep doing great job.

Easy to use and understand the product, doesn't required to give training to users.

Microsoft OneNote review by Kaka K.
Kaka K.

"Documents under one"

What do you like best?

It has great user interface and very easy to use .we can easily creates different books in which we can separate ly maintain our different document . We can share the same book with the other which can remain in sync with many a members will get update with real time updates with the signature of their initial letters name.we can easily track who have changes these item and it also shows us the timing of the changes that have been made .we can also use screen clipping feautee directly from it's interface and can save directly into particular location which we have given the path..within the books we can create different chapter in which we can save materials/content accordingly.

What do you dislike?

It's takes time to get load into the memory .

For the first time it gets time to get insync with the books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for documentation .need lesser training to.operate .easy to use

We are using it to note down the issues we are having while we setup new system and servers

Microsoft OneNote review by thaisameg b.
thaisameg b.

"The best to make quick notes."

What do you like best?

What I like most is that it is very easy and simple to use, I use it basically when I'm in meetings and we have to make important minutes or notes that are given in that meeting which are very constant and this is the fastest and easiest way .

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I do not like, maybe they should add more functions, but it works very well for what was done, there is nothing negative that I can add.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it for those people who need to be up to date in their meetings and do not want to lose a meeting point, it is very easy to use, has templates which you can use without any inconvenience, you can synchronize it in the cloud and have it organized per day of meeting, you can also share it if you wish in real time and from anywhere.

It allows me to save notes and the information that I get in meetings in real time in an organized and fast way, I can save from notes, images, voice messages among others, it helps me a lot so that I do not forget any point that was treated in the meeting which is very beneficial to have a job a day.

Microsoft OneNote review by Windy A.
Windy A.

"the best tools to make notes. "

What do you like best?

Onenote is an excellent tool that allows you to provide any type of note, collect information, you can add photographs, drawings and audios. You can also enjoy the exchange of notes through shared files and collaborations. It is designed to collect organize and share material without designs usually for projects. with ononote the pages can be as large as you want, the images can be inserted without losing their quality in order is very good this application can have it on your pc, mobile device and take it with you wherever you want, that is, your information is always this available in real time.

What do you dislike?

Regarding the disadvantages, during the time that I have been using OneNote to this day there is nothing that I do not like. We must recognize that it is a fairly complete application for the use that is required, and its interface has a very simple and easy to use design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Microsoft OneNote for being a very complete and very easy to use application with which you can take notes and not forget about absolutely nothing.

this application helped me a lot in the work as in my daily personal tasks is so useful that I use it on my device to make notes of all the things that are important to not forget them, such as passwords, medical appointments, meetings among others, It allows to be organized.

Microsoft OneNote review by Emily L.
Emily L.

"Note-taking tool"

What do you like best?

I've been using onenote for over a year now and it has been very useful in note-taking for all of the different classes and workshops that I take. The options to color code, name, and maneuver around the different tabs that I have make it very convenient and easy for me to locate what I need to open quickly. I also like having the option to move different tabs into different sections if needed as sometimes I do re-organize my notebooks.

What do you dislike?

One thing that can be improved is spacing: when an image or file is deleted in the middle of the notebook, I wish it would automatically pull everything that is below or above to close up the gap. Currently, I need to manually do it myself which can be fussy when I am deleting multiple things in different spots.

Nothing at the moment as I have not taken on new projects yet. However, it is useful when I am compiling documents in different formats together as I do not need to open multiple programs (i.e. ppt, pdf, jpg).

Microsoft OneNote review by Sanjay S.
Sanjay S.

"Meetings using One note"

What do you like best?

Meeting reviews' notes & sharing using One note

I like that i can have password protected files of .one. which really helps me.

I can organise the data with different sections / folders / pages etc. Have not seen any other tool providing similar features to have everything filed and separated more organised.

What do you dislike?

The application at times takes time to load. Also, I have not been able to open .one files on my iphone for some reason.

I would like more easier ways to open the files, Currently i click on the main icon and everything opens up. It should allow more easy way to access a specific file

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using it to take meeting notes, as this will definitely help you organize information based on meetings scheduled as per the Outlook Calendar.

The habit of using post it notes can be substituted with Microsoft One Note.

Sharing information based on meetings with the peer group. makes it easier to share information respective to outlook calendar meetings

Microsoft OneNote review by maria g.
maria g.

"Microsoft OneNote Agenda Eletronica"

What do you like best?

Es una de las mejores herramientas, para realizar anotaciones, importar imágenes, añadir gráfico se trabajar en diferente plataformas puede anotar todo lo que necesites de forma rápida y sencilla, se puede ver la vista previa de los archivos, se ahorra espacio con los bloc de notas en la nube. las notas que crees estarán sincronizada en la nube que te permite guardar tu archivos o documentos en linea y podrás consultarla en cualquier momento con conexión a Internet , el antifaz de esta aplicación es muy sencillo, ademas se puede organizar por secciones todas los bloc de notas que se ha creado. cuenta con diversas formas de introducir notas escribiendo a mano, con teclado o dibujando. y unas de la cosas que mas me gusta de microsoft OneNote posee una gran variedad de opciones y herramientas para configurar los textos los dibujos todas las cosas que se van a insertar. Es una aplicación muy completa que te permite mayor productividad en el campo laboral ya te permite organizar todas las tareas que vas a realizar en la organización obteniendo así un mayor control en tus funciones laborales dentro de una organización.

What do you dislike?

Durante el tiempo que he usado esta aplicación, puedo solo decir que es una aplicación bastante completa y fácil de usar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomiendo porque es una aplicación bastante útil y fácil de usar.

El crear lista de tareas y recados pendiente, te permite compartir con tus compañeros de trabajo notas en las reunión de una manera fácil y rápida.

Microsoft OneNote review by Itaete Batista S.
Itaete Batista S.

"La mejor plataforma para crer notas "

What do you like best?

Microsoft OneNote es una herramienta perfecta para tomar notas rápidas y organizar sus ideas y pensamientos. Uno puede hacer listas de verificación y listas de tareas y agregar etiquetas a cualquier nota. La mejor parte es que puede guardar todos los cuadernos en One Drive y colaborar fácilmente con otros. Como todo está almacenado en la nube, se puede acceder desde cualquier dispositivo. Puede agregar hojas de cálculo de Excel e integrarse fácilmente con Outlook. También me gustó la opción de agregar y grabar audio y videos.

What do you dislike?

Esto es más adecuado en computadoras de escritorio y tabletas, pero no para dispositivos móviles. La versión móvil podría haber sido mejor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo Microsoft OneNote a otros. Es muy fácil de usar y es muy beneficioso para planificar su trabajo.

Hay muchos beneficios comerciales que proporciona Microsoft OneNote, como:

-Tome notas fácilmente y organice sus ideas

-Agregar y grabar archivos de audio y vídeo

-Integrar con Outlook y anotar las ideas rápidamente

- Notas de la reunión fácilmente redactadas

Microsoft OneNote review by Lorelis Fabiola F.
Lorelis Fabiola F.

"digital note pad "

What do you like best?

It is excellent because it allows me to take my notes and important information, it reminds me of everything I have to do during the day, whether for the daily tasks of the house or office. In addition, the notes that we create in OneNote will be synchronized in the cloud and you will be able to consult them in all your devices instantly and at any time.

The OneNote interface has a very simple design so that the use of the application is easy and intuitive. Each of the notebooks you have created in OneNote is organized into sections formed by several pages, so each of them has a saved according to the subject you studied or work, it can also be a recipe and helps you find your notes easier.

What do you dislike?

It is very good but its cost is very high and a complete unwrap of the license must be made at the time of purchase.but really worth the investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is a learning tool, it facilitates collaboration, you can record audio notes, insert online videos, add files in order is very good.

It helps me to organize myself and above all it keeps me up to date with important activities, it allows me to collaborate with others from any device.

Microsoft OneNote review by Maria Francia G.
Maria Francia G.

"Keep your notes organized with OneNote."

What do you like best?

I like it because it allows me to take notes and keep them organized in their files or blocks and share them, besides that I can personalize them by adding images, diagrams, drawings, placing bullets, editing the type of letter, I can attach videos and audios; I can send files from other programs that I can synchronize with pc or from my android phone. This application has helped me to take important notes in my work and for personal things such as writing a recipe that I like, making the list of the supermarket, etc. This speaks a lot about the versatility and multiple use of this application.

What do you dislike?

What I could say that I dislike is that it takes a bit to get started, just as it takes a lot of time for it to synchronize. And that Orbe consumes a lot of resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this wonderful software because it is FREE, versatile, easy, simple, practical. If you are a student, it is a fantastic tool to take your notes, if you are working, it allows you to keep everything organized and to finish your goals for the day. You can enter from any operating system and you can have it from your computer to your phone or tablet.

With OneNote I have saved time and simplicity is part of my day to day due to its easy use and access. When I know I need to do many things I organize almost everything with this software. It is compatible with many other programs such as Excel, PowerPoint which allows me to save time because I have everything in one place. My friends and colleagues also have access to my notes, in this way we share information.

Microsoft OneNote review by DAVID F.
DAVID F.

"Perfect for annotations in meetings."

What do you like best?

I love this program because it makes it easier for me to write down or make minutes in meetings that we do constantly, in a quick and easy way, you can actually make any type of annotation you want.

What do you dislike?

This application is really very good, there is nothing that I do not like about it, since it perfectly performs the functions for which it was created and it is very easy and simple to use, so I have nothing negative to comment on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, its interface is very simple pose very practical designs to handle, Each one of the notebooks that you have created in OneNote are organized in sections formed by several pages, so in each of them you will have saved everything depending on the subject (recipes, notes, plans for holidays, quick notes), the best thing is that the notes you create in OneNote will be synchronized in the cloud automatically and you will be able to consult it in all your devices in real time from where you are, so or it will happen to you nothing of or that you wrote down.

When doing long or short meetings this application helps me a lot to make my annotations, so that I do not miss any point of what was agreed and I do not forget any instructions that are being sent to perform, OneNote is very useful, I can also include in the note tables, images, take a photo, a file, etc. So all the notes you create with OneNote will be as complete.

Microsoft OneNote review by Anthony L.
Anthony L.

"Easy Way to Take Notes and Data across many platforms"

What do you like best?

Type a note on ipad, and it is on iphone and PC almost instantly. Update my notes on my laptop and I can get them on the iPad or iphone easily. Android tablets work as well. And it is easy to organize data into notebooks or folder type structure. Search functionality easily finds key words or phrases anywhere in your data files.

What do you dislike?

Wish Data files would be smaller overall. The ability to use the ipad pen has gotten better but really need to try it again now that I have heard they have made even more improvements.

Wish you could easily create key fields for your workbooks for filtering purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with it, becomes part of your daily life.

Data availability anywhere, anytime and cloud based so files are backed up automatically for me. Also allows me to share key folders/workbooks or just pages with coworkers or family and allow them to update and edit the data if required. Great sharing is built into the app.

Microsoft OneNote review by Stever Jose G.
Stever Jose G.

"Organization through digital note blog."

What do you like best?

Have in a single tool the possibility of taking the organization of a meeting to contribute with teamwork.

Ease of backup of books and sheets that allows One note

The Power to Organize for Books, with several internal sessions and within each session a large number of pages.

To be able to share the books, sessions or notes we want through the integration with Office 365 and increase collaboration and teamwork.

The functionality you have to copy the text of an image is something that is very valuable and few know it.

to be able to create in the sheets a template of minute structure or report and with just copy paste you have available the same format.

When you complete or put together a note you can send it by mail through Microsoft integration.

Share notes through a link.

It has application for desktop and mobile.

the tools you have a menu that you can record, audio and video

What do you dislike?

There are very few things that I do not like about the product, in my opinion it is very complete, but the synchronization with the mobile device can be affected when presenting the information it takes to load it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who do not have onenote still try the version that comes with Windows 10 and will test the ease of use and functionality.

For users who do not have windows 10, get an Office 365 trial to try out the functionalities

Having the availability of notes, minutes, and information at the moment and online or offline and having the Internet synchronize all changes made.

Microsoft OneNote review by Pragya B.
Pragya B.

"A great product for all the Organised professionals out there!"

What do you like best?

The ability of this product to very neatly integrate all the tabs in just one sheet. This makes it easy to go back and forth from one task to another in a very efficient way. It helps me keep my notes organized and is my go-to place if I need to look something up even from my work I did years ago.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the formatting capacity is limited. If you would want to color code notes and put them in a tabular format, it's not as convenient as an Excel spreadsheet would be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product if you like to keep your notes organised and easily accessible.

I have been using Microsoft OneNote to manage all my work on different projects across the spectrum in one place. It's been a great experience so far since I have everything recorded beautifully and I can always refer back to the summarized version and get the hold of topic all over again.

Microsoft OneNote review by Tierney S.
Tierney S.

"Great for touch & pen-enabled computers"

What do you like best?

I have a Microsoft surface with pen and OneNote is PERFECT as a note pad! It's pen features are SO great and easy to use. I love that I can hand-write a list free-form in a brain dump and then drag the text around to organize it. It can act like a whiteboard, but better, since there's no need to erase and re-write, since you can just drag your text around. I also enjoy that I choose multiple colors of ink - I use different colors to indicate different kids of texts and switching colors is super fast and easy.

What do you dislike?

I wish OneNote's ios app supported handwriting IN the app. All of my handwritten pages translate well to the iphone app, but if I want to add to a page on the go, I have to type it in. I also think that the default ink thickness is a little too thick - I'm always re-adjusting the ink to make it almost as thin as it gets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GREAT if you use a touchscreen with pen. If you don't have a pen-enabled computer, stick with EverNote

I am relatively tech-savvy and reply heavily on digital calendars and organization tools to keep me on track with managing multiple projects, but I'm also old enough that my brain is wired to best process information when I'm holding a pen and writing this down. Keeping and managing a pen/paper to-list and a digital task & calendar was a nightmare. Using OneNote, I get the same benefits and satisfaction of hand-written notes/to-do, but its on my phone & computer, with me at all time. Plus, I can link/connect files, websites, etc. into my hand-written list, which is great!

Microsoft OneNote review by Jeff T.
Jeff T.

"Best all-around Notebook/quick note app I've found (Version 16001.10325.20043.0)"

What do you like best?

OneNote is a multi-platform (PC/Android/IOS/Web) note-taking app that allows sharing/collaboration. You can use it for notes either typed or handwritten, and as a clipping tool. You can embed links, videos, pictures, audio, and build detailed mathematical equations as well.

You can create multiple Notebooks with each having a hierarchical structure of Sections|Subsections|Pages|Subpages. This provides quite a bit of flexibility for organizing your information.

To get the most out of OneNote, I find it best to use a laptop or handheld that provides voice/touch/pen input capabilities as this is where you can use the input methods to their fullest extent.

What do you dislike?

A OneNote has been re-structured by Microsoft. This brings new capabilities but some function do not yet parity with prior capabilities (but its pretty close). For example, video and audio files can be embedded but you can't record video files directly yet. Other features like Integration of Outlook Tasks, and To-Do lists are not available yet. Microsoft has been pretty good however in focusing on the core functionality, so I don't really feel like the missing elements are impacting my ability to use the tools. The "need-to-haves" are there but the "nice-to-haves" aren't all there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't overlook this feature-rich, multi-platform, multi-input method tool. It's particularly valuable to researchers and as a complex note-taking/clipping tool.

I find myself using it more and more. It is way beyond a simple note-taking app. It's replaced Evernote and other similar tools for me.

Microsoft OneNote review by Orlando Rafael O.
Orlando Rafael O.

"Excellent application, which allows me easy and fast access to my information "

What do you like best?

I like it because it allows me to organize the pages in sections, as well as add an image from my device and record an image; I also find it wonderful to be able to write my ideas as a digital notepad, which would simplify my work.It is also important to be able to share my notebook with other people so that others can see them and help each other. It is also important to be able to find the notes when they are required.

What do you dislike?

On several occasions it does not synchronize quickly, it takes a long time to synchronize and I lose time waiting, because I have to synchronize several times and wait and wait. Also when I want to copy a required information it does not keep the source format and it shows me the disordered information , which in my opinion is a disadvantage that they have to solve; this has been part of my experience with onenote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firstly because it is free to use, and because it is easy to use and can be accessed from any device in a way that is not limiting for its use. Also because it has the guarantee of being a product of microsolf ofice widely known and has many tools to take notes.

It allows me to save time when saving and accessing the notes, what I can do from different devices. I also consider very important the way of ordering the notes by books, labels and pages, facilitating with it the easy and fast access to the information when I require it. I also consider it extremely beneficial because it integrates very well with the programs of the office line; and above all the sense of security that we users have knowing that our information if it is deleted or lost is protected in the cloud, which I can always access with the certainty of finding it

Microsoft OneNote review by Carrie C.
Carrie C.

"Best software I have used "

What do you like best?

This is the best software for keeping track of notes, meetings, to do lists etc. It is one stop shopping for all my business needs to keep track of project, meetings, etc all online. No more note books for me.

It is useful for business, person and simple things such as a packing list or to do list for anything in life.

It remembers which notebooks you have open and unless you close them, they automatically open each time you open One Note.

What do you dislike?

Would like a few more colour coding options and ways to flag certain sections. Sometimes you have to open up One Note first and then open up your notebook rather than opening up the file from Windows Explorer or it will not open correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first it does not seem to be as useful as it really is. Jump in and start using it and you will fall in love. It is great

Keeps me more organized than a note book. I can create pages, subpages etc to keep all my notes in one place and then collapse them to keep things tidy.

Microsoft OneNote review by Rick B.
Rick B.

"Synchronised, Categorised and Catalogued!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that all of my information is stored int he cloud, but in exactly the categories that I have placed them. I like having multiple notebooks in which to put different chapters, each having different pages. This in essence gives 3 or more levels of categorisation that you can have. It is beautifully simple to manage and the synchronisation tool will tell you if there any conflicts between what you have in front of you and what is on the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that synchronisation is not instantaneous (i.e. that it updates fully in the background), it makes it inconvenient to access a page and have to wait for the information to sync across. I also feel that there could be more features from Microsoft Office allowing you to customise the formatting in other ways. The use of macros to do certain tasks is also missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really worth considering OneNote, especially based on its integration with the other Microsoft Office products. Once it is set up, which is extremely easy, you carry on working as if you never had a physical notebook.

OneNote is my virtual notebook. I don't have to carry a pen or paper anymore and am able to have the same notebook in multiple locations at once, meaning that regardless of device or location, I always have my notebook with me. I am able to share my notes with others without the use of a photocopier and am able to allow them to collaborate on certain notebooks and pages with their contributions clearly timestamped and noted.

Microsoft OneNote review by Edna M. R.
Edna M. R.

"Simplemente la mejor software de administración de notas"

What do you like best?

En mi experiencia con esta software a sido muy agradable ya que permite múltiples funciones que el típico bloc de notas no ofrece como la gran capacidad de personalización que existe por ejemplo: la integración de imágenes,vídeos,diagramas, etcétera. Todo este haciendo una nota muy bien estructurada. Otro aspecto a destacar seria la integración y sincronización con dispositivos móviles lo cual le da un gran plus sobre otros creadores de notas.

What do you dislike?

Nada realmente me parece un gran software de creación de notas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Este software es totalmente recomendable para su uso personal como para un uso mas profesional ya que cuenta con múltiples herramientas que te facilitaran la vida.

Yo como encargada en desarrollar de software tengo que almacenar una gran cantidad de datos e ideas que pueden ser reflejadas a través de este software de manera perfecta y tener ala mano en cualquier momento.

Microsoft OneNote review by Tom P.
Tom P.

"OneNote - a sales persons best friend"

What do you like best?

Easily capture and organize notes from meetings

Integration to Outlook for archiving of important emails.

The ability to have multiple layers of nested folders and sections.

What do you dislike?

I would like more plugins support esepcially for the mac version of Onenote

A better (easier to use) web interface

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at Onenote and Evernote. They are both great products. I like the ability to have nested folders in Onenote where you can't in Evernote. Though Evernote has a better web interface, in my opinion.

I use Onenote to capture and organize all my meeting notes, customer information and archive important emails.

Onenote has enabled me to organize my professional life. I have often used the serach functionality to find notes and emails that I might have otherwise forgotten about or gotten lost.

Microsoft OneNote review by Ajaykumar M.
Ajaykumar M.

"Collaborate with anyone using Microsoft OneNote"

What do you like best?

Microsoft OneNote is a perfect tool to take quick notes and organize your ideas and thoughts. One can make checklists and to-do lists and add tags to any notes. The best part is that you can keep all the notebooks on One Drive and easily collaborate with others. Since everything is stored in the cloud, one can access it from any device. You can add excel spreadsheets and easily integrate with Outlook. I also liked the option of adding and recording audio and videos.

What do you dislike?

This is best suited in desktop's and tablet but not for mobile's. The mobile version could have been better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Microsoft OneNote to others. It is very easy to use and is highly beneficial to plan your work.

There are many business benefits that Microsoft OneNote provides such as -

1) Easily take notes and organize your ideas

2) Add and record audio and video files

3) Integrate with Outlook and jot down the ideas quickly

4) Meeting notes easily drafted

5) Save important news documents and many more....

Microsoft OneNote review by Cailee Anne V.
Cailee Anne V.

"OneNote: Great Producy"

What do you like best?

When you first use one note, there are detailed instructions on how to use the different features on the software. This is the ideal program for an online version of a physical 5 subject notebook, except with more than 5 subjects. It is very easy to add text wherever and add sections of the notebook. It is very easy to draw on the notebook as well, if your computer offers a stylus or touch screen feature.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i find that my account/email will not connect or sync to one note. I am unsure if this is an issue with one note, my email, or my laptop itself. However, if you only need one note from one laptop/computer, this is not a big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you are logged in to whatever account you want to connect it with incase you need to access it elsewhere.

Organized notes instead of taking notes on paper and having them get lost. This is ideal for my purpose which is being secretary in meetings and having to take notes. For this example i have everything i needed easily accessible and am able to edit, highlight or share the notes with others. However this also works for other functions such as brainstorming, and jotting down necessary information needed.

Microsoft OneNote review by My N.
My N.

"The best tool for organizing information ever"

What do you like best?

If you want to choose only one app for notes and information storage, Iwould recommend OneNote. It does the job and makes your life so much easier and cleaner. I like it even better than the famous Evernote. I have been using OneNote for years. It's easy to use and convenient. I use it both for personal purposes (to do list, travel list, cooking ideas,etc) and for professional purposes. My company use OneNote to track and assign tasks for teams.

What do you dislike?

PLEASE. Improve the onenote app on the phone! Much as I love OneNote and use it EVERY DAY, I barely touched its phone version... Somehow it's not convenient and nice looking, and time consuming to update notes. Sometimes I would rather wait until I go home and update ideas I come up with rather than immediately putting the idea down on the app phone version. Please fix this. Also, when I delete a section, it will be gone, but actually it's still there without content. I just want the section to be completely gone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneNote is a game changer. Save your life. You need it because your brain cannot store all information you ever come across.

OneNote is my go-to tool for organizing and taking notes for projects such as books and articles. I use Evernote for research. Given that they're now both free, it gives me the best of both worlds. You can use both for different purposes. However, if you want only one, OneNote is the way to go. It organizes things super well and user-friendly.

Microsoft OneNote review by Amny N.
Amny N.

"facilitate note-taking, information gathering, and multi-user collaboration"

What do you like best?

It is designed to collect, organize and share materials without design, usually for projects, while text and wikis processors are usually directed to the publication of content. The difference is shown in some functions and features (for example, the pages can be as large as one wishes, the bitmap images can be inserted without loss of quality, does not allow the application of a uniform page layout, their capacity Multi-user allows you to edit a note offline and synchronize it later, making it a suitable tool for groups whose members are not always online OneNote is designed as a collaboration tool and allows more than one person to work a page at the same time, it is a tool that helps a lot to create work teams, brainstorming

What do you dislike?

If you choose a Workstation installation or Run from network server, the speed of execution of the programs can be reduced if the volume of network traffic is very high or if the use of the network server is very intense. Also, if the server is offline (for example, for repairs or maintenance), you and other users will not be able to use the Microsoft Office programs.

If you choose a Workstation or Run from network server installation, you must be connected to the network server in order to run any of the Office programs

Recommendations to others considering the product

The combination of your mobile device and OneNote is ideal for capturing and storing items such as receipts and business cards. It is easy to work at the time of making important notes for the working day, it is good to have a large capacity disk and that you can compile too much information and you could slow down your computer

I find the information more quickly. Efficient search technology with optical character recognition helps you find what you're looking for most quickly (whether it's handwritten notes, text in pictures or words spoken in audio and video recordings). I can work in a team in a more efficient way. Shared notebooks give everyone access to the same information at the same time, either online or offline. Office OneNote 2007 manages changes for you, so that multiple users can work simultaneously on the same notebook without the need to track versions and changes. With the sessions shared in real time, geographically separated teams can view and modify the same page of notes at the same time

Microsoft OneNote review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Integration comes with a cost."

What do you like best?

Love the mobile app on my iPad, well actually, I love taking notes with the apple pencil on my iPad. I find the best features are the size of the Note Canvas area, seems to go on forever, which really allows me to create visual spaces as well as just documenting information. Great support for files, audio, video, links and pretty much anything else you can think of.

What do you dislike?

I am really frustrated that there seems to be no handwriting recognition included in the product. I loved its competitor due to the fact that I could search my handwritten notes to find something I was working on. OneNote doesn't seem to support this. I am not a fan of the individual boxes the app makes when adding content. It seems that everything is placed in a document window on the canvas. While I'm sure there are good reasons for this I find it takes away from the flow of my notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great organizational tool, I do recommend it.

Documentation, writing meeting notes are the best case for this app. Also as a developer, I often cut/paste code snippets for reuse later on other projects. It is a fantastic organizational tool for any user that is jumping between apps or projects and just needs a scrapbook.

Microsoft OneNote review by Abdiel L.
Abdiel L.

"Notas de una forma practica"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta muy rápida y practica para la toma de notas. Este programa tiene la completa función de una agenda de notas electrónica con las herramientas de un bloc de papel aplicadas como un moderno software, lo mas practico es la opción de la cooperación con otros usuarios para la edición de las notas.

What do you dislike?

En realidad no tengo alguna queja en particular ademas del tiempo que le toma iniciar

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una herramienta muy practica y util para el uso dentro de una compañia

Es una opción para llevar tus notas en un grupo y darle seguimiento a los comentarios que los usuarios tienen . Es particular mente útil para los casos donde se revisan puntos de mejoras y/o correcciones que se requieren realizar para un desarrollo ya que de esta forma es mas fácil llevar un control de las necesidades de un cliente , que puede ser actualizado para indicar que ya fue atendido y que puntos estan pendientes de ser atendidos.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Microsoft OneNote review by Ricardo S.
Ricardo S.

"very good work tool"

What do you like best?

very good work tool, I work a lot when remembering things or write them down so they do not get lost. it is easy to use, it has nothing to envy to other applications or programs, it is compatible with many programs, it does not require much hardware for its good function, it does not cover so much hard disk space and its files are not very heavy

What do you dislike?

nothing, since it does not cover so much hard disk space and its files are not very heavy, very good work tool, it is compatible with many programs, it works a lot when it comes to remembering things or writing them down so they do not get lost . it is easy to use, it has nothing to envy to other applications or programs, it does not require a lot of hardware for its good function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend them a lot, it is a very good tool and it helps a lot when looking for an information or topic that you have thought at some time

many, it works a lot when it comes to remembering things or writing them down so they do not get lost, since it does not cover so much hard disk space and its files are not very heavy, very good work tool, it is compatible with many programs ,. it is easy to use, it has nothing to envy to other applications or programs, it does not require a lot of hardware for its good function.

Microsoft OneNote review by Roselyn T.
Roselyn T.

"Excellent tool for students and teachers."

What do you like best?

You can collaborate in real time with teachers and students, especially as an online whiteboard where multiple people can contribute at one time. It's easiest to use with a touch screen phone, tablet, or laptop.

What do you dislike?

You need a tutorial to know how to use it. It does take some getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a student or online teacher, I highly recommend utilizing this tool. It helps students organize their notes in one place, as opposed to carrying around several notebooks or loose papers. For teachers, it's the easiest way to collaborate with staff and students either by sharing and editing class files, or working together in real time on a virtual whiteboard.

The real time collaboration allows you to use it as a white board, or you can allow documents to be accessed by other colleagues/teacher/students. They also have templates for different projects or types of notes from business meetings to class notes. It definitely cuts down on in person meetings needed, which allows for multitasking and more time.

Microsoft OneNote review by Siddharth B.
Siddharth B.

"Great app for taking notes"

What do you like best?

Allows grouping of notes into tabs and pages which is great for organising the notes. The notes can be synced across all your devices which is great for checking and editing notes on your phone while you are on the move. The support for adding images,videos, recordings, spreadsheets really helps in making elaborate notes and you can share these with other people which helps greatly in collaboration in office.

The web-clipper browser extension is really helpful for bookmarking and saving articles, images. The thing that I like best about one note is the amount of flexibility and options it allows while creating notes.

What do you dislike?

I did not find any drawbacks with the app except for occasional syncing issues with the app in my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend one note to everyone who is looking for a note-taking app. Even the free version is really good and enough for one to be productive.

Our organisation uses one note to share presentations and documents across team members and enable collaboration.

Microsoft OneNote review by Jose A G.
Jose A G.

"Your Notes Everywhere with a familiar feel"

What do you like best?

With one note you have a great tool for taking notes, sync across devices that you can have. from your pc to your smartphone. The notes will be there as long as you sync them with your microsoft account. I have OneNote as part of Office 2016 but the Windows Store App is free to download. same for the iPhone and Android. Same look and feel of microsoft office apps.

What do you dislike?

can be slow to sync. can ask you for password everytime you need to sync. If you have on your pc the store app and the office module they will overlap, you better disable one of them. Despite that is great

Recommendations to others considering the product

There woud be another options, not microsoft related. but the ease of use and the sync capabilities with the other microsoft environments is great so you can always have your notes in a safe and accessible place

taking notes, syncing across devices, quick notes to not loose ideas, tips or headlines of typial conversations or presentations, meetings, that you can later can upload and place in the CRM or other software you may use for follow up

Learning about Microsoft OneNote?

* We monitor all Microsoft OneNote reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.