Microsoft OneNote

Microsoft OneNote is a note capturing, file storage & sharing solution

Work for Microsoft OneNote?

Learning about Microsoft OneNote?

Microsoft OneNote Reviews

Showing 665 Microsoft OneNote reviews
Microsoft OneNote review by <span>My N.</span>
My N.

The best tool for organizing information ever

What do you like best?

If you want to choose only one app for notes and information storage, Iwould recommend OneNote. It does the job and makes your life so much easier and cleaner. I like it even better than the famous Evernote. I have been using OneNote for years. It's easy to use and convenient. I use it both for personal purposes (to do list, travel list, cooking ideas,etc) and for professional purposes. My company use OneNote to track and assign tasks for teams.

What do you dislike?

PLEASE. Improve the onenote app on the phone! Much as I love OneNote and use it EVERY DAY, I barely touched its phone version... Somehow it's not convenient and nice looking, and time consuming to update notes. Sometimes I would rather wait until I go home and update ideas I come up with rather than immediately putting the idea down on the app phone version. Please fix this. Also, when I delete a section, it will be gone, but actually it's still there without content. I just want the section to be completely gone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneNote is a game changer. Save your life. You need it because your brain cannot store all information you ever come across.

OneNote is my go-to tool for organizing and taking notes for projects such as books and articles. I use Evernote for research. Given that they're now both free, it gives me the best of both worlds. You can use both for different purposes. However, if you want only one, OneNote is the way to go. It organizes things super well and user-friendly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft OneNote
Microsoft OneNote review by <span>Jeff L.</span>
Jeff L.

Integration comes with a cost.

What do you like best?

Love the mobile app on my iPad, well actually, I love taking notes with the apple pencil on my iPad. I find the best features are the size of the Note Canvas area, seems to go on forever, which really allows me to create visual spaces as well as just documenting information. Great support for files, audio, video, links and pretty much anything else you can think of.

What do you dislike?

I am really frustrated that there seems to be no handwriting recognition included in the product. I loved its competitor due to the fact that I could search my handwritten notes to find something I was working on. OneNote doesn't seem to support this. I am not a fan of the individual boxes the app makes when adding content. It seems that everything is placed in a document window on the canvas. While I'm sure there are good reasons for this I find it takes away from the flow of my notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great organizational tool, I do recommend it.

Documentation, writing meeting notes are the best case for this app. Also as a developer, I often cut/paste code snippets for reuse later on other projects. It is a fantastic organizational tool for any user that is jumping between apps or projects and just needs a scrapbook.

What Note-Taking Management solution do you use?

Microsoft OneNote review by <span>Ashley W.</span>
Ashley W.

Nice Software for Staying Organized

What do you like best?

I like the ability to organize within my notebooks with tabs and pages. I'm able to set up multiple notebooks for different aspects of my work. Within each notebook, I can set up tabs for specific projects and organize pages within those tabs. If things change, its easy to move pages/tabs around within the book. Creating check-able to-do lists is easy, and if a document or email needs to be attached to a project the "print to OneNote feature" makes it easy to get the document inserted.

What do you dislike?

Syncing between devices can be a bit confusing at first, although the upcoming change to the app version only should make this easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program to keep notes on projects in one place, stay organized, and be productive!

Syncing across devices, sharing with colleagues, and the ability to print documents and emails straight into OneNote. I can make sure all my project notes are in one spot (no more digging through outlook for one piece of information thats buried in a 6 month old email), and if I need to allow a colleague access I can do that as well.

Microsoft OneNote review by <span>Fred H.</span>
Fred H.

Prefer evernote, but it's good

What do you like best?

There is really nothing likeable or all that noteworthy (no pun intended) about it. If you like anything, in particular, it's good at being functional and reliable both in the online and Desktop app variety.

What do you dislike?

Installing imagery or screenshots would be a nice touch in particular.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to incorporate screenshots or better functionality, I would recommend Evernote. As it stands, it does what it needs to do, permits translation and cites dates and times effectively. It does interact rather well with other Microsoft Office software, allowing you to attach Spreadsheets and add symbols from the Office arsenal of tools. I personally find it useful as an easy to link mechanism from your Office Calendar, allowing you to go right from your meeting/appointment invitation to OneNote and take notes to correspond.

OneNote allows me to take digital notes, but these do not necessarily constitute an actual business benefit. If anything, it's being free with the pre-installed Microsoft Office is its business benefit.

Microsoft OneNote review by <span>Guiomar T.</span>
Guiomar T.

The most complete and amazing

What do you like best?

I really love the integration with my surface. I like to take handwritten notes and being able to check them everywhere, and have them synchronised with all my devices. I have been using OneNote since I took my first job and I had to keep at hand many references from projects and new technologies, I realized that OneNote allowed me to keep everything at hand.

What do you dislike?

Currently the Pro version doesn't allow to insert a picture directly from the camera. And the whiteboard option is also missing. So I need to have both pro (paid version) and free version installed for these kind of things.

I don't like the change that with W10 they made to Win+S that previously it launched OneNote to take a screenshot and got recorded into OneNote but now it will launch Cortana...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend OneNote to all Windows users and above all the Surface users. Even the free version is useful to leave the paper behind and keep all kinds of notes well sorted, and all together in one place.

Forget paper notebooks and paper scraps for taking notes. You can take pictures, voice records, and handwritten notes all in the same place.

I have multiple meetings over the week, from different projects. So I really like OneNote for keeping the notes of each meeting ordered in its own "notebook" with other notes about this projects. I keep all the important things related to a project in the same place and always available.

Microsoft OneNote review by <span>Matthew K.</span>
Matthew K.

Best Note-Taking Software Out There

What do you like best?

The formatting of the application takes some time to get used to, but this functions as both a work and home organization wondertool. I use it for tracking tasks, saving templated language for work, grocery lists, brainstorming and meeting note taking. We have also used it in the past to organize team tasks and facilitate project management across a variety of team members in different geographic locations.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the large screen real estate taken by the various tabs within the notebook and I would prefer a more bifurcated system so you could better segregate home/work tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because it is available for personal use, feel free to deploy it on a trial basis with some teams, then roll out recommendations across the board. One of the best was to use the tool is to develop a work team to create templates to allow for ease of use right out of the box.

Note taking, preservation of workproduct that is used on a regular basis. The benefits include the ability to access remotely, on a mobile device or on one's home PC.

Learning about Microsoft OneNote?

* We monitor all Microsoft OneNote reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.