Microsoft OneNote

Microsoft OneNote is a note capturing, file storage & sharing solution

Work for Microsoft OneNote?

Learning about Microsoft OneNote?

Microsoft OneNote Reviews

Showing 851 Microsoft OneNote reviews
Microsoft OneNote review by thaisameg b.
thaisameg b.

"The best to make quick notes."

What do you like best?

What I like most is that it is very easy and simple to use, I use it basically when I'm in meetings and we have to make important minutes or notes that are given in that meeting which are very constant and this is the fastest and easiest way .

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I do not like, maybe they should add more functions, but it works very well for what was done, there is nothing negative that I can add.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it for those people who need to be up to date in their meetings and do not want to lose a meeting point, it is very easy to use, has templates which you can use without any inconvenience, you can synchronize it in the cloud and have it organized per day of meeting, you can also share it if you wish in real time and from anywhere.

It allows me to save notes and the information that I get in meetings in real time in an organized and fast way, I can save from notes, images, voice messages among others, it helps me a lot so that I do not forget any point that was treated in the meeting which is very beneficial to have a job a day.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft OneNote
Microsoft OneNote review by Windy A.
Windy A.

"the best tools to make notes. "

What do you like best?

Onenote is an excellent tool that allows you to provide any type of note, collect information, you can add photographs, drawings and audios. You can also enjoy the exchange of notes through shared files and collaborations. It is designed to collect organize and share material without designs usually for projects. with ononote the pages can be as large as you want, the images can be inserted without losing their quality in order is very good this application can have it on your pc, mobile device and take it with you wherever you want, that is, your information is always this available in real time.

What do you dislike?

Regarding the disadvantages, during the time that I have been using OneNote to this day there is nothing that I do not like. We must recognize that it is a fairly complete application for the use that is required, and its interface has a very simple and easy to use design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Microsoft OneNote for being a very complete and very easy to use application with which you can take notes and not forget about absolutely nothing.

this application helped me a lot in the work as in my daily personal tasks is so useful that I use it on my device to make notes of all the things that are important to not forget them, such as passwords, medical appointments, meetings among others, It allows to be organized.

What Note-Taking Management solution do you use?

Microsoft OneNote review by Emily L.
Emily L.

"Note-taking tool"

What do you like best?

I've been using onenote for over a year now and it has been very useful in note-taking for all of the different classes and workshops that I take. The options to color code, name, and maneuver around the different tabs that I have make it very convenient and easy for me to locate what I need to open quickly. I also like having the option to move different tabs into different sections if needed as sometimes I do re-organize my notebooks.

What do you dislike?

One thing that can be improved is spacing: when an image or file is deleted in the middle of the notebook, I wish it would automatically pull everything that is below or above to close up the gap. Currently, I need to manually do it myself which can be fussy when I am deleting multiple things in different spots.

Nothing at the moment as I have not taken on new projects yet. However, it is useful when I am compiling documents in different formats together as I do not need to open multiple programs (i.e. ppt, pdf, jpg).

Microsoft OneNote review by Sanjay S.
Sanjay S.

"Meetings using One note"

What do you like best?

Meeting reviews' notes & sharing using One note

I like that i can have password protected files of .one. which really helps me.

I can organise the data with different sections / folders / pages etc. Have not seen any other tool providing similar features to have everything filed and separated more organised.

What do you dislike?

The application at times takes time to load. Also, I have not been able to open .one files on my iphone for some reason.

I would like more easier ways to open the files, Currently i click on the main icon and everything opens up. It should allow more easy way to access a specific file

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using it to take meeting notes, as this will definitely help you organize information based on meetings scheduled as per the Outlook Calendar.

The habit of using post it notes can be substituted with Microsoft One Note.

Sharing information based on meetings with the peer group. makes it easier to share information respective to outlook calendar meetings

Microsoft OneNote review by maria g.
maria g.

"Microsoft OneNote Agenda Eletronica"

What do you like best?

Es una de las mejores herramientas, para realizar anotaciones, importar imágenes, añadir gráfico se trabajar en diferente plataformas puede anotar todo lo que necesites de forma rápida y sencilla, se puede ver la vista previa de los archivos, se ahorra espacio con los bloc de notas en la nube. las notas que crees estarán sincronizada en la nube que te permite guardar tu archivos o documentos en linea y podrás consultarla en cualquier momento con conexión a Internet , el antifaz de esta aplicación es muy sencillo, ademas se puede organizar por secciones todas los bloc de notas que se ha creado. cuenta con diversas formas de introducir notas escribiendo a mano, con teclado o dibujando. y unas de la cosas que mas me gusta de microsoft OneNote posee una gran variedad de opciones y herramientas para configurar los textos los dibujos todas las cosas que se van a insertar. Es una aplicación muy completa que te permite mayor productividad en el campo laboral ya te permite organizar todas las tareas que vas a realizar en la organización obteniendo así un mayor control en tus funciones laborales dentro de una organización.

What do you dislike?

Durante el tiempo que he usado esta aplicación, puedo solo decir que es una aplicación bastante completa y fácil de usar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomiendo porque es una aplicación bastante útil y fácil de usar.

El crear lista de tareas y recados pendiente, te permite compartir con tus compañeros de trabajo notas en las reunión de una manera fácil y rápida.

Microsoft OneNote review by Itaete Batista S.
Itaete Batista S.

"La mejor plataforma para crer notas "

What do you like best?

Microsoft OneNote es una herramienta perfecta para tomar notas rápidas y organizar sus ideas y pensamientos. Uno puede hacer listas de verificación y listas de tareas y agregar etiquetas a cualquier nota. La mejor parte es que puede guardar todos los cuadernos en One Drive y colaborar fácilmente con otros. Como todo está almacenado en la nube, se puede acceder desde cualquier dispositivo. Puede agregar hojas de cálculo de Excel e integrarse fácilmente con Outlook. También me gustó la opción de agregar y grabar audio y videos.

What do you dislike?

Esto es más adecuado en computadoras de escritorio y tabletas, pero no para dispositivos móviles. La versión móvil podría haber sido mejor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo Microsoft OneNote a otros. Es muy fácil de usar y es muy beneficioso para planificar su trabajo.

Hay muchos beneficios comerciales que proporciona Microsoft OneNote, como:

-Tome notas fácilmente y organice sus ideas

-Agregar y grabar archivos de audio y vídeo

-Integrar con Outlook y anotar las ideas rápidamente

- Notas de la reunión fácilmente redactadas

Microsoft OneNote review by Lorelis Fabiola F.
Lorelis Fabiola F.

"digital note pad "

What do you like best?

It is excellent because it allows me to take my notes and important information, it reminds me of everything I have to do during the day, whether for the daily tasks of the house or office. In addition, the notes that we create in OneNote will be synchronized in the cloud and you will be able to consult them in all your devices instantly and at any time.

The OneNote interface has a very simple design so that the use of the application is easy and intuitive. Each of the notebooks you have created in OneNote is organized into sections formed by several pages, so each of them has a saved according to the subject you studied or work, it can also be a recipe and helps you find your notes easier.

What do you dislike?

It is very good but its cost is very high and a complete unwrap of the license must be made at the time of purchase.but really worth the investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is a learning tool, it facilitates collaboration, you can record audio notes, insert online videos, add files in order is very good.

It helps me to organize myself and above all it keeps me up to date with important activities, it allows me to collaborate with others from any device.

Microsoft OneNote review by Davianna T.
Davianna T.

"One Note un servicio muy eficaz "

What do you like best?

One Note es un Excelente servicio y no aplicación por que lo llamo y concluyo que es así?, bueno por que lo tenemos disponible para múltiples plataformas, ya que esta no importa en donde sea ejecutado, como pasa con algunos programas que no son compatibles por ejemplo One note para windows también sirve para One Note para Mac, lo puedes utilizar para android, en tu tablet y en tu iphone, incluso atraves de la web para plataformas que no son compatibles, puedes ingresar archivos desde la nube, sincronizar bloc de notas que vayas a generar en One Note, se pueden agregar fotografías, notas de voz y vídeos, operaciones matemáticas, tiene herramientas para trabajar a lápiz manualmente, se puede editar y modificar todo imágenes, textos etc. Si conociéramos mas a fondo esta herramienta llegando al punto de especializarnos en ella nos seria muy útil al punto que no lo veríamos solo como una herramienta mas o algo donde podemos anotar y ya lo que la mayoría de las personas piensa de esta aplicación ya que no conocen su utilidad profesionalmente y se encierran en las que ya conocen.

What do you dislike?

La verdad no eh encontrado nada que me disguste de esta aplicación, si la mejoraran cada día mas seria un verdadero éxito siempre y cuando venga integrado un tutorial básico para que las personas que son principiantes vean y se interesen en utilizar esta herramienta ya que muchos no a la mayoría de las personas les cuesta aprender cosas nuevas y seria de gran ayuda lo antes mencionado, sin mas nada que decir cierro esta pregunta.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si lo recomiendo si estan buscando una herramienta de notas completa esta es la indicada, donde quieras y cuando quieras la puedes utilizar de maneras amplias, si lo recomiedo para amigos que se quieran esprecializar en estas cosas lo que hay es que darle la oportunidad de conocerla.

Los problemas comerciales que resuelve no los sabría con exactitud pero si esta nos sirve para uso particular, para profesionales deberia ser un exito por cuanto antes ya eh mencionado antes los beneficios que esta aplicacion como son el facil acceso a esta herramienta y en distintas plataformas que ella se presenta sin mas nada que agregar me limito a seguir escribiendo en esta pregunta.

Microsoft OneNote review by Maria Francia G.
Maria Francia G.

"Keep your notes organized with OneNote."

What do you like best?

I like it because it allows me to take notes and keep them organized in their files or blocks and share them, besides that I can personalize them by adding images, diagrams, drawings, placing bullets, editing the type of letter, I can attach videos and audios; I can send files from other programs that I can synchronize with pc or from my android phone. This application has helped me to take important notes in my work and for personal things such as writing a recipe that I like, making the list of the supermarket, etc. This speaks a lot about the versatility and multiple use of this application.

What do you dislike?

What I could say that I dislike is that it takes a bit to get started, just as it takes a lot of time for it to synchronize. And that Orbe consumes a lot of resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this wonderful software because it is FREE, versatile, easy, simple, practical. If you are a student, it is a fantastic tool to take your notes, if you are working, it allows you to keep everything organized and to finish your goals for the day. You can enter from any operating system and you can have it from your computer to your phone or tablet.

With OneNote I have saved time and simplicity is part of my day to day due to its easy use and access. When I know I need to do many things I organize almost everything with this software. It is compatible with many other programs such as Excel, PowerPoint which allows me to save time because I have everything in one place. My friends and colleagues also have access to my notes, in this way we share information.

Microsoft OneNote review by DAVID F.
DAVID F.

"Perfect for annotations in meetings."

What do you like best?

I love this program because it makes it easier for me to write down or make minutes in meetings that we do constantly, in a quick and easy way, you can actually make any type of annotation you want.

What do you dislike?

This application is really very good, there is nothing that I do not like about it, since it perfectly performs the functions for which it was created and it is very easy and simple to use, so I have nothing negative to comment on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, its interface is very simple pose very practical designs to handle, Each one of the notebooks that you have created in OneNote are organized in sections formed by several pages, so in each of them you will have saved everything depending on the subject (recipes, notes, plans for holidays, quick notes), the best thing is that the notes you create in OneNote will be synchronized in the cloud automatically and you will be able to consult it in all your devices in real time from where you are, so or it will happen to you nothing of or that you wrote down.

When doing long or short meetings this application helps me a lot to make my annotations, so that I do not miss any point of what was agreed and I do not forget any instructions that are being sent to perform, OneNote is very useful, I can also include in the note tables, images, take a photo, a file, etc. So all the notes you create with OneNote will be as complete.

Microsoft OneNote review by Anthony L.
Anthony L.

"Easy Way to Take Notes and Data across many platforms"

What do you like best?

Type a note on ipad, and it is on iphone and PC almost instantly. Update my notes on my laptop and I can get them on the iPad or iphone easily. Android tablets work as well. And it is easy to organize data into notebooks or folder type structure. Search functionality easily finds key words or phrases anywhere in your data files.

What do you dislike?

Wish Data files would be smaller overall. The ability to use the ipad pen has gotten better but really need to try it again now that I have heard they have made even more improvements.

Wish you could easily create key fields for your workbooks for filtering purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with it, becomes part of your daily life.

Data availability anywhere, anytime and cloud based so files are backed up automatically for me. Also allows me to share key folders/workbooks or just pages with coworkers or family and allow them to update and edit the data if required. Great sharing is built into the app.

Microsoft OneNote review by Stever Jose G.
Stever Jose G.

"Organization through digital note blog."

What do you like best?

Have in a single tool the possibility of taking the organization of a meeting to contribute with teamwork.

Ease of backup of books and sheets that allows One note

The Power to Organize for Books, with several internal sessions and within each session a large number of pages.

To be able to share the books, sessions or notes we want through the integration with Office 365 and increase collaboration and teamwork.

The functionality you have to copy the text of an image is something that is very valuable and few know it.

to be able to create in the sheets a template of minute structure or report and with just copy paste you have available the same format.

When you complete or put together a note you can send it by mail through Microsoft integration.

Share notes through a link.

It has application for desktop and mobile.

the tools you have a menu that you can record, audio and video

What do you dislike?

There are very few things that I do not like about the product, in my opinion it is very complete, but the synchronization with the mobile device can be affected when presenting the information it takes to load it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who do not have onenote still try the version that comes with Windows 10 and will test the ease of use and functionality.

For users who do not have windows 10, get an Office 365 trial to try out the functionalities

Having the availability of notes, minutes, and information at the moment and online or offline and having the Internet synchronize all changes made.

Microsoft OneNote review by Pragya B.
Pragya B.

"A great product for all the Organised professionals out there!"

What do you like best?

The ability of this product to very neatly integrate all the tabs in just one sheet. This makes it easy to go back and forth from one task to another in a very efficient way. It helps me keep my notes organized and is my go-to place if I need to look something up even from my work I did years ago.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the formatting capacity is limited. If you would want to color code notes and put them in a tabular format, it's not as convenient as an Excel spreadsheet would be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product if you like to keep your notes organised and easily accessible.

I have been using Microsoft OneNote to manage all my work on different projects across the spectrum in one place. It's been a great experience so far since I have everything recorded beautifully and I can always refer back to the summarized version and get the hold of topic all over again.

Microsoft OneNote review by Tierney S.
Tierney S.

"Great for touch & pen-enabled computers"

What do you like best?

I have a Microsoft surface with pen and OneNote is PERFECT as a note pad! It's pen features are SO great and easy to use. I love that I can hand-write a list free-form in a brain dump and then drag the text around to organize it. It can act like a whiteboard, but better, since there's no need to erase and re-write, since you can just drag your text around. I also enjoy that I choose multiple colors of ink - I use different colors to indicate different kids of texts and switching colors is super fast and easy.

What do you dislike?

I wish OneNote's ios app supported handwriting IN the app. All of my handwritten pages translate well to the iphone app, but if I want to add to a page on the go, I have to type it in. I also think that the default ink thickness is a little too thick - I'm always re-adjusting the ink to make it almost as thin as it gets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GREAT if you use a touchscreen with pen. If you don't have a pen-enabled computer, stick with EverNote

I am relatively tech-savvy and reply heavily on digital calendars and organization tools to keep me on track with managing multiple projects, but I'm also old enough that my brain is wired to best process information when I'm holding a pen and writing this down. Keeping and managing a pen/paper to-list and a digital task & calendar was a nightmare. Using OneNote, I get the same benefits and satisfaction of hand-written notes/to-do, but its on my phone & computer, with me at all time. Plus, I can link/connect files, websites, etc. into my hand-written list, which is great!

Microsoft OneNote review by Jeff T.
Jeff T.

"Best all-around Notebook/quick note app I've found (Version 16001.10325.20043.0)"

What do you like best?

OneNote is a multi-platform (PC/Android/IOS/Web) note-taking app that allows sharing/collaboration. You can use it for notes either typed or handwritten, and as a clipping tool. You can embed links, videos, pictures, audio, and build detailed mathematical equations as well.

You can create multiple Notebooks with each having a hierarchical structure of Sections|Subsections|Pages|Subpages. This provides quite a bit of flexibility for organizing your information.

To get the most out of OneNote, I find it best to use a laptop or handheld that provides voice/touch/pen input capabilities as this is where you can use the input methods to their fullest extent.

What do you dislike?

A OneNote has been re-structured by Microsoft. This brings new capabilities but some function do not yet parity with prior capabilities (but its pretty close). For example, video and audio files can be embedded but you can't record video files directly yet. Other features like Integration of Outlook Tasks, and To-Do lists are not available yet. Microsoft has been pretty good however in focusing on the core functionality, so I don't really feel like the missing elements are impacting my ability to use the tools. The "need-to-haves" are there but the "nice-to-haves" aren't all there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't overlook this feature-rich, multi-platform, multi-input method tool. It's particularly valuable to researchers and as a complex note-taking/clipping tool.

I find myself using it more and more. It is way beyond a simple note-taking app. It's replaced Evernote and other similar tools for me.

Microsoft OneNote review by Orlando Rafael O.
Orlando Rafael O.

"Excellent application, which allows me easy and fast access to my information "

What do you like best?

I like it because it allows me to organize the pages in sections, as well as add an image from my device and record an image; I also find it wonderful to be able to write my ideas as a digital notepad, which would simplify my work.It is also important to be able to share my notebook with other people so that others can see them and help each other. It is also important to be able to find the notes when they are required.

What do you dislike?

On several occasions it does not synchronize quickly, it takes a long time to synchronize and I lose time waiting, because I have to synchronize several times and wait and wait. Also when I want to copy a required information it does not keep the source format and it shows me the disordered information , which in my opinion is a disadvantage that they have to solve; this has been part of my experience with onenote.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firstly because it is free to use, and because it is easy to use and can be accessed from any device in a way that is not limiting for its use. Also because it has the guarantee of being a product of microsolf ofice widely known and has many tools to take notes.

It allows me to save time when saving and accessing the notes, what I can do from different devices. I also consider very important the way of ordering the notes by books, labels and pages, facilitating with it the easy and fast access to the information when I require it. I also consider it extremely beneficial because it integrates very well with the programs of the office line; and above all the sense of security that we users have knowing that our information if it is deleted or lost is protected in the cloud, which I can always access with the certainty of finding it

Microsoft OneNote review by Carrie C.
Carrie C.

"Best software I have used "

What do you like best?

This is the best software for keeping track of notes, meetings, to do lists etc. It is one stop shopping for all my business needs to keep track of project, meetings, etc all online. No more note books for me.

It is useful for business, person and simple things such as a packing list or to do list for anything in life.

It remembers which notebooks you have open and unless you close them, they automatically open each time you open One Note.

What do you dislike?

Would like a few more colour coding options and ways to flag certain sections. Sometimes you have to open up One Note first and then open up your notebook rather than opening up the file from Windows Explorer or it will not open correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first it does not seem to be as useful as it really is. Jump in and start using it and you will fall in love. It is great

Keeps me more organized than a note book. I can create pages, subpages etc to keep all my notes in one place and then collapse them to keep things tidy.

Microsoft OneNote review by Rick B.
Rick B.

"Synchronised, Categorised and Catalogued!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that all of my information is stored int he cloud, but in exactly the categories that I have placed them. I like having multiple notebooks in which to put different chapters, each having different pages. This in essence gives 3 or more levels of categorisation that you can have. It is beautifully simple to manage and the synchronisation tool will tell you if there any conflicts between what you have in front of you and what is on the cloud.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that synchronisation is not instantaneous (i.e. that it updates fully in the background), it makes it inconvenient to access a page and have to wait for the information to sync across. I also feel that there could be more features from Microsoft Office allowing you to customise the formatting in other ways. The use of macros to do certain tasks is also missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really worth considering OneNote, especially based on its integration with the other Microsoft Office products. Once it is set up, which is extremely easy, you carry on working as if you never had a physical notebook.

OneNote is my virtual notebook. I don't have to carry a pen or paper anymore and am able to have the same notebook in multiple locations at once, meaning that regardless of device or location, I always have my notebook with me. I am able to share my notes with others without the use of a photocopier and am able to allow them to collaborate on certain notebooks and pages with their contributions clearly timestamped and noted.

Microsoft OneNote review by Edna M. R.
Edna M. R.

"Simplemente la mejor software de administración de notas"

What do you like best?

En mi experiencia con esta software a sido muy agradable ya que permite múltiples funciones que el típico bloc de notas no ofrece como la gran capacidad de personalización que existe por ejemplo: la integración de imágenes,vídeos,diagramas, etcétera. Todo este haciendo una nota muy bien estructurada. Otro aspecto a destacar seria la integración y sincronización con dispositivos móviles lo cual le da un gran plus sobre otros creadores de notas.

What do you dislike?

Nada realmente me parece un gran software de creación de notas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Este software es totalmente recomendable para su uso personal como para un uso mas profesional ya que cuenta con múltiples herramientas que te facilitaran la vida.

Yo como encargada en desarrollar de software tengo que almacenar una gran cantidad de datos e ideas que pueden ser reflejadas a través de este software de manera perfecta y tener ala mano en cualquier momento.

Microsoft OneNote review by Ajaykumar M.
Ajaykumar M.

"Collaborate with anyone using Microsoft OneNote"

What do you like best?

Microsoft OneNote is a perfect tool to take quick notes and organize your ideas and thoughts. One can make checklists and to-do lists and add tags to any notes. The best part is that you can keep all the notebooks on One Drive and easily collaborate with others. Since everything is stored in the cloud, one can access it from any device. You can add excel spreadsheets and easily integrate with Outlook. I also liked the option of adding and recording audio and videos.

What do you dislike?

This is best suited in desktop's and tablet but not for mobile's. The mobile version could have been better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Microsoft OneNote to others. It is very easy to use and is highly beneficial to plan your work.

There are many business benefits that Microsoft OneNote provides such as -

1) Easily take notes and organize your ideas

2) Add and record audio and video files

3) Integrate with Outlook and jot down the ideas quickly

4) Meeting notes easily drafted

5) Save important news documents and many more....

Microsoft OneNote review by Cailee Anne V.
Cailee Anne V.

"OneNote: Great Producy"

What do you like best?

When you first use one note, there are detailed instructions on how to use the different features on the software. This is the ideal program for an online version of a physical 5 subject notebook, except with more than 5 subjects. It is very easy to add text wherever and add sections of the notebook. It is very easy to draw on the notebook as well, if your computer offers a stylus or touch screen feature.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes i find that my account/email will not connect or sync to one note. I am unsure if this is an issue with one note, my email, or my laptop itself. However, if you only need one note from one laptop/computer, this is not a big issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you are logged in to whatever account you want to connect it with incase you need to access it elsewhere.

Organized notes instead of taking notes on paper and having them get lost. This is ideal for my purpose which is being secretary in meetings and having to take notes. For this example i have everything i needed easily accessible and am able to edit, highlight or share the notes with others. However this also works for other functions such as brainstorming, and jotting down necessary information needed.

Microsoft OneNote review by My N.
My N.

"The best tool for organizing information ever"

What do you like best?

If you want to choose only one app for notes and information storage, Iwould recommend OneNote. It does the job and makes your life so much easier and cleaner. I like it even better than the famous Evernote. I have been using OneNote for years. It's easy to use and convenient. I use it both for personal purposes (to do list, travel list, cooking ideas,etc) and for professional purposes. My company use OneNote to track and assign tasks for teams.

What do you dislike?

PLEASE. Improve the onenote app on the phone! Much as I love OneNote and use it EVERY DAY, I barely touched its phone version... Somehow it's not convenient and nice looking, and time consuming to update notes. Sometimes I would rather wait until I go home and update ideas I come up with rather than immediately putting the idea down on the app phone version. Please fix this. Also, when I delete a section, it will be gone, but actually it's still there without content. I just want the section to be completely gone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneNote is a game changer. Save your life. You need it because your brain cannot store all information you ever come across.

OneNote is my go-to tool for organizing and taking notes for projects such as books and articles. I use Evernote for research. Given that they're now both free, it gives me the best of both worlds. You can use both for different purposes. However, if you want only one, OneNote is the way to go. It organizes things super well and user-friendly.

Microsoft OneNote review by Amny N.
Amny N.

"facilitate note-taking, information gathering, and multi-user collaboration"

What do you like best?

It is designed to collect, organize and share materials without design, usually for projects, while text and wikis processors are usually directed to the publication of content. The difference is shown in some functions and features (for example, the pages can be as large as one wishes, the bitmap images can be inserted without loss of quality, does not allow the application of a uniform page layout, their capacity Multi-user allows you to edit a note offline and synchronize it later, making it a suitable tool for groups whose members are not always online OneNote is designed as a collaboration tool and allows more than one person to work a page at the same time, it is a tool that helps a lot to create work teams, brainstorming

What do you dislike?

If you choose a Workstation installation or Run from network server, the speed of execution of the programs can be reduced if the volume of network traffic is very high or if the use of the network server is very intense. Also, if the server is offline (for example, for repairs or maintenance), you and other users will not be able to use the Microsoft Office programs.

If you choose a Workstation or Run from network server installation, you must be connected to the network server in order to run any of the Office programs

Recommendations to others considering the product

The combination of your mobile device and OneNote is ideal for capturing and storing items such as receipts and business cards. It is easy to work at the time of making important notes for the working day, it is good to have a large capacity disk and that you can compile too much information and you could slow down your computer

I find the information more quickly. Efficient search technology with optical character recognition helps you find what you're looking for most quickly (whether it's handwritten notes, text in pictures or words spoken in audio and video recordings). I can work in a team in a more efficient way. Shared notebooks give everyone access to the same information at the same time, either online or offline. Office OneNote 2007 manages changes for you, so that multiple users can work simultaneously on the same notebook without the need to track versions and changes. With the sessions shared in real time, geographically separated teams can view and modify the same page of notes at the same time

Microsoft OneNote review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Integration comes with a cost."

What do you like best?

Love the mobile app on my iPad, well actually, I love taking notes with the apple pencil on my iPad. I find the best features are the size of the Note Canvas area, seems to go on forever, which really allows me to create visual spaces as well as just documenting information. Great support for files, audio, video, links and pretty much anything else you can think of.

What do you dislike?

I am really frustrated that there seems to be no handwriting recognition included in the product. I loved its competitor due to the fact that I could search my handwritten notes to find something I was working on. OneNote doesn't seem to support this. I am not a fan of the individual boxes the app makes when adding content. It seems that everything is placed in a document window on the canvas. While I'm sure there are good reasons for this I find it takes away from the flow of my notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great organizational tool, I do recommend it.

Documentation, writing meeting notes are the best case for this app. Also as a developer, I often cut/paste code snippets for reuse later on other projects. It is a fantastic organizational tool for any user that is jumping between apps or projects and just needs a scrapbook.

Microsoft OneNote review by Abdiel L.
Abdiel L.

"Notas de una forma practica"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta muy rápida y practica para la toma de notas. Este programa tiene la completa función de una agenda de notas electrónica con las herramientas de un bloc de papel aplicadas como un moderno software, lo mas practico es la opción de la cooperación con otros usuarios para la edición de las notas.

What do you dislike?

En realidad no tengo alguna queja en particular ademas del tiempo que le toma iniciar

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una herramienta muy practica y util para el uso dentro de una compañia

Es una opción para llevar tus notas en un grupo y darle seguimiento a los comentarios que los usuarios tienen . Es particular mente útil para los casos donde se revisan puntos de mejoras y/o correcciones que se requieren realizar para un desarrollo ya que de esta forma es mas fácil llevar un control de las necesidades de un cliente , que puede ser actualizado para indicar que ya fue atendido y que puntos estan pendientes de ser atendidos.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Microsoft OneNote review by Ricardo S.
Ricardo S.

"very good work tool"

What do you like best?

very good work tool, I work a lot when remembering things or write them down so they do not get lost. it is easy to use, it has nothing to envy to other applications or programs, it is compatible with many programs, it does not require much hardware for its good function, it does not cover so much hard disk space and its files are not very heavy

What do you dislike?

nothing, since it does not cover so much hard disk space and its files are not very heavy, very good work tool, it is compatible with many programs, it works a lot when it comes to remembering things or writing them down so they do not get lost . it is easy to use, it has nothing to envy to other applications or programs, it does not require a lot of hardware for its good function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend them a lot, it is a very good tool and it helps a lot when looking for an information or topic that you have thought at some time

many, it works a lot when it comes to remembering things or writing them down so they do not get lost, since it does not cover so much hard disk space and its files are not very heavy, very good work tool, it is compatible with many programs ,. it is easy to use, it has nothing to envy to other applications or programs, it does not require a lot of hardware for its good function.

Microsoft OneNote review by Roselyn T.
Roselyn T.

"Excellent tool for students and teachers."

What do you like best?

You can collaborate in real time with teachers and students, especially as an online whiteboard where multiple people can contribute at one time. It's easiest to use with a touch screen phone, tablet, or laptop.

What do you dislike?

You need a tutorial to know how to use it. It does take some getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a student or online teacher, I highly recommend utilizing this tool. It helps students organize their notes in one place, as opposed to carrying around several notebooks or loose papers. For teachers, it's the easiest way to collaborate with staff and students either by sharing and editing class files, or working together in real time on a virtual whiteboard.

The real time collaboration allows you to use it as a white board, or you can allow documents to be accessed by other colleagues/teacher/students. They also have templates for different projects or types of notes from business meetings to class notes. It definitely cuts down on in person meetings needed, which allows for multitasking and more time.

Microsoft OneNote review by Siddharth B.
Siddharth B.

"Great app for taking notes"

What do you like best?

Allows grouping of notes into tabs and pages which is great for organising the notes. The notes can be synced across all your devices which is great for checking and editing notes on your phone while you are on the move. The support for adding images,videos, recordings, spreadsheets really helps in making elaborate notes and you can share these with other people which helps greatly in collaboration in office.

The web-clipper browser extension is really helpful for bookmarking and saving articles, images. The thing that I like best about one note is the amount of flexibility and options it allows while creating notes.

What do you dislike?

I did not find any drawbacks with the app except for occasional syncing issues with the app in my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend one note to everyone who is looking for a note-taking app. Even the free version is really good and enough for one to be productive.

Our organisation uses one note to share presentations and documents across team members and enable collaboration.

Microsoft OneNote review by Jose A G.
Jose A G.

"Your Notes Everywhere with a familiar feel"

What do you like best?

With one note you have a great tool for taking notes, sync across devices that you can have. from your pc to your smartphone. The notes will be there as long as you sync them with your microsoft account. I have OneNote as part of Office 2016 but the Windows Store App is free to download. same for the iPhone and Android. Same look and feel of microsoft office apps.

What do you dislike?

can be slow to sync. can ask you for password everytime you need to sync. If you have on your pc the store app and the office module they will overlap, you better disable one of them. Despite that is great

Recommendations to others considering the product

There woud be another options, not microsoft related. but the ease of use and the sync capabilities with the other microsoft environments is great so you can always have your notes in a safe and accessible place

taking notes, syncing across devices, quick notes to not loose ideas, tips or headlines of typial conversations or presentations, meetings, that you can later can upload and place in the CRM or other software you may use for follow up

Microsoft OneNote review by Eliseo D.
Eliseo D.

"forming ideas with OneNote simply productive in every way of creating ideas and quick notes."

What do you like best?

I love the way to create freely scribble ideas and be able to form a thought to a great idea, highlighting the important and expressing ideas with colors and shapes is an excellent software unique and with great relebancia when starting from 0 small ideas within the daily work in offices or related to it.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have anything that I dislike this software in full bastantante and it works very well very good at the time of executing it without much complication is quite basic but really complies with the functions you want to achieve with the program in a very easy way Without so much complexity when doing work or creating ideas from home to share with family or friends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% recommended due to its great accessibility within very different operating systems, such as portable or non-portable devices, which can be used in the same way without any Internet connection in order to advance or update any quick note within our work or at home without any inconvenience of having to be in a specific device in a very simple way when opening or linking to another device.

The main benefits I have when using OneNote is the ability to several people from my work in work or divided from the notebooks or notes, the accessibility of the software is incredible when connecting from several devices regardless of their IP or a single network of The internet is also used within different sotfare or operating systems.

Microsoft OneNote review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"Nice Software for Staying Organized"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to organize within my notebooks with tabs and pages. I'm able to set up multiple notebooks for different aspects of my work. Within each notebook, I can set up tabs for specific projects and organize pages within those tabs. If things change, its easy to move pages/tabs around within the book. Creating check-able to-do lists is easy, and if a document or email needs to be attached to a project the "print to OneNote feature" makes it easy to get the document inserted.

What do you dislike?

Syncing between devices can be a bit confusing at first, although the upcoming change to the app version only should make this easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program to keep notes on projects in one place, stay organized, and be productive!

Syncing across devices, sharing with colleagues, and the ability to print documents and emails straight into OneNote. I can make sure all my project notes are in one spot (no more digging through outlook for one piece of information thats buried in a 6 month old email), and if I need to allow a colleague access I can do that as well.

Microsoft OneNote review by Fred H.
Fred H.

"Prefer evernote, but it's good"

What do you like best?

There is really nothing likeable or all that noteworthy (no pun intended) about it. If you like anything, in particular, it's good at being functional and reliable both in the online and Desktop app variety.

What do you dislike?

Installing imagery or screenshots would be a nice touch in particular.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to incorporate screenshots or better functionality, I would recommend Evernote. As it stands, it does what it needs to do, permits translation and cites dates and times effectively. It does interact rather well with other Microsoft Office software, allowing you to attach Spreadsheets and add symbols from the Office arsenal of tools. I personally find it useful as an easy to link mechanism from your Office Calendar, allowing you to go right from your meeting/appointment invitation to OneNote and take notes to correspond.

OneNote allows me to take digital notes, but these do not necessarily constitute an actual business benefit. If anything, it's being free with the pre-installed Microsoft Office is its business benefit.

Microsoft OneNote review by Jeannette L.
Jeannette L.

"Works well"

What do you like best?

One Note, basically, replaces the old pen and notebook. You can create different tabs, share your notes with colleagues and even draw diagrams as needed.

What do you dislike?

I wish it synced with trello, slack, the google drive and other apps. It feels a bit too stand alone compare to the other tools I use. Perhaps back in the day when there were primarily Microsoft tools this would have been better, but now that there are other options it can be a bit limiting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using the entire suite of Microsoft products then OneNote is great because it syncs across Microsoft products really well. It's very intuitive to use, much like most other Microsoft products and I do like the feature of being able to draw things as well. Some times straight notes/words just can't convey ideas as well as a drawing.

It's easy to share notes/ideas with colleages via onedrive and to insert charts and things like that.

Microsoft OneNote review by Guiomar T.
Guiomar T.

"The most complete and amazing"

What do you like best?

I really love the integration with my surface. I like to take handwritten notes and being able to check them everywhere, and have them synchronised with all my devices. I have been using OneNote since I took my first job and I had to keep at hand many references from projects and new technologies, I realized that OneNote allowed me to keep everything at hand.

What do you dislike?

Currently the Pro version doesn't allow to insert a picture directly from the camera. And the whiteboard option is also missing. So I need to have both pro (paid version) and free version installed for these kind of things.

I don't like the change that with W10 they made to Win+S that previously it launched OneNote to take a screenshot and got recorded into OneNote but now it will launch Cortana...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend OneNote to all Windows users and above all the Surface users. Even the free version is useful to leave the paper behind and keep all kinds of notes well sorted, and all together in one place.

Forget paper notebooks and paper scraps for taking notes. You can take pictures, voice records, and handwritten notes all in the same place.

I have multiple meetings over the week, from different projects. So I really like OneNote for keeping the notes of each meeting ordered in its own "notebook" with other notes about this projects. I keep all the important things related to a project in the same place and always available.

Microsoft OneNote review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"Best Note-Taking Software Out There"

What do you like best?

The formatting of the application takes some time to get used to, but this functions as both a work and home organization wondertool. I use it for tracking tasks, saving templated language for work, grocery lists, brainstorming and meeting note taking. We have also used it in the past to organize team tasks and facilitate project management across a variety of team members in different geographic locations.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the large screen real estate taken by the various tabs within the notebook and I would prefer a more bifurcated system so you could better segregate home/work tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because it is available for personal use, feel free to deploy it on a trial basis with some teams, then roll out recommendations across the board. One of the best was to use the tool is to develop a work team to create templates to allow for ease of use right out of the box.

Note taking, preservation of workproduct that is used on a regular basis. The benefits include the ability to access remotely, on a mobile device or on one's home PC.

Microsoft OneNote review by Sean R.
Sean R.

"this may be the best MS product"

What do you like best?

One Note is actually crazy good. Plus, it's integration with Edge (internet explorer) is really something. Normally people would think that one-note is just like wunderlist or evernote etc and in some respects that's true but when you see how well it's integrated with the surfing the web using Edge and with just MS OS in general you'll be amazed. It's such a time saver. You can clip images from the web and put them into oneNote without opening up the app. It's really bar none.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that it takes a long time for the mobile app to load. By "long time" I mean that it takes longer than the iOS notes app which is super light weight of course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really really consider trying this.

Great way to keep your notes and ideas organized. It's also great because it's in sync on your mobile device and your desktop

Microsoft OneNote review by Scott D.
Scott D.

"The One Note to rule them all (OneNote)"

What do you like best?

Microsoft One Note is my favorite tool for note taking period. I can easily sort out my thoughts and put them in a secure location. This tool has been very useful in meetings and I can go back and look through material on my laptop, tablet and smartphone. I use One Note for personal things (I'm a creative type who likes to write poetry and screenplays on the side) as well as for business.

What do you dislike?

I wish that One Note had better sync support - it can sometimes not sync well on some of my devices. I also wish it was easier to share notes with people and a calendar function would be very handy in order to make this more of a productivity app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely prefer this to Evernote, just because I'm in the Windows ecosystem. Your experiences may vary though. Personally, I think the UI and UX with OneNote are far superior.

OneNote does not really solve any business problems per se, but it helps me feel more confident going into meetings that I have the right information from previous meetings.

Microsoft OneNote review by Sydney G.
Sydney G.

"Easy to use and a sure fire way to get organized"

What do you like best?

OneNote is so easy to use, and it has really made my school and work life so much simpler. I have been using OneNote in the place of paper notebooks for several years now, and I will never go back!

What do you dislike?

I sometimes wish OneNote had more features and that it would update automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend using Microsoft OneNote if you type a lot of notes into a computer system or use a lot of notebooks while taking notes in the work setting. Our agency has definitely reduced the spending on notebooks since beginning to use OneNote

Since we use Microsoft for most digital activities at my organization, it's easy to be able to sign in with my organization's log-in for ease of use at whatever computer I am at. It's easy to access my notebooks at all times, anywhere.

Microsoft OneNote review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"amazing platform for group: work / brainstorming & contributions"

What do you like best?

My team uses this platform for most if not all of our group brainstorming sessions. The program allows us to add to one centralized document in real time -- for all to see. The benefits allow users to equally contribute and build on material even when we are all in different locations. My team is remote (we are scattered across 5 different states) and yet, when we gather for a call with OneNote open it's as if we are all in the same room. Can't image collaborating without this program.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that there is much to dislike about this program. It is such a critical component to my teams' everyday group collaboration. I suppose if I had to choose something to dislike, I would say that I wish the platform allowed for live documents such as excel files and the like to ALSO be edited LIVE within the platform. For example, when my team drops an excel doc into our OneNote folder, the document itself cannot be edited real time within the program. It must be edited saved and then re-dropped into OneNote. It's not that big of an issue, but it would be a really nice perk to be able to edit within.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this program as it allows the user to add data and materials to one centralized document in real time -- for all to see. Users are able to equally contribute and build on material even when you have a remote team.

Can't say that we utilize OneNote for BUSINESS problem solving so much as we use it for brainstorming to build curricula for our Talent Management programs. But we do on occasion collaborate with the use of OneNote to sort through issues/kinks in our daily processes to try to eliminate or weed through the struggles and enhance our way of doing things. In doing this we have realized that as a team we are generally all on the same page when it comes to group goals and priorities.

Microsoft OneNote review by Lucy B.
Lucy B.

"Like, but don't love!"

What do you like best?

I use this to make notes alongside a lecture or presentation, and being able to have the slides in front of me and make notes directly next to it is hugely beneficial when returning to the notes at a later date, it keeps the structure very clear!

What do you dislike?

It has a record feature which I was super happy about (and the reason why I downloaded it in the first place), but when I was recording, I was unable to move around and do other things on OneNote at the same time - like make notes as well or scroll back through the slides. It just kept freezing to the point that I had to stop recording. Very annoying!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not upload too much onto it - it tends to slow quite quickly

To make quick and well structured notes in a meeting or lecture which are clear and well presented when I return to them.

Microsoft OneNote review by Derik P.
Derik P.

"Great note taking application for almost all needs"

What do you like best?

This is a great and easy tool to use for note-taking. It's useful for detailed notes as well as quick notes if you're in a hurry. I love that some note sections can be password-protected for sensitive materials. The mobile & tablet versions are excellent.

What do you dislike?

The desktop version is a little clunky compared to the mobile versions. The last update changed almost everything about the UI, some for the better, but some not. I always get a little iffy about a product that goes through such a large facelift all at once. Hopefully they can stick to this look and just make minor iterations to improve the UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The desktop program is good, but if you have a tablet, I would strongly suggest using that as well. Their mobile & tablet versions are much cleaner and easier to use. I would also attach it to a Microsoft account (if you even have the option to opt out any more, I'm not sure) so you can access the same notes across multiple devices.

I use this tool to help me organize call notes while I'm on the phone with clients. Because you can get so specific, I can recall notes from previous calls and that helps customer service and retention quite a bit. I also use this platform to take notes on meetings, webinars, and seminars. It helps me turn some notes into internal training material or external training material for the website.

Microsoft OneNote review by Gabriela N.
Gabriela N.

"Excellent tool to store information at the personal and business level"

What do you like best?

I like this tool because it allows me to create my different activities on a personal and business level.

It allows Me to insert files of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, among others. This way everything stays in one place, and saves time to look for a job or file in folders.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike, rather I facilitate the taking of notes, the collection of information, and multi-user collaboration. OneNote allows me to place notes on pages that in turn are organized in tabs and notepads and offering me the possibility to add drawings, diagrams, photographs and multimedia elements such as hyperlinks, audio, video, webcam screenshots, voice recordings and images Scanned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend OneNote because you can make your notepad of activities and schedules, and that allows you to open your information on any PC

In a commercial way OneNote, he has solved with his notepads that they will never be left without paper. They are easy to reorganize, print and share, and it has benefited me that they have a quick search feature so you can instantly recover what you need. And best of all, you can store notepads online and use them from anywhere.

Microsoft OneNote review by seth o.
seth o.

"OneNote"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a new way to take and track notes for anything that you do. That you can use it on the web or an app on your phone, tablet or computer. It is a very useful tool that can be used for individual use or shared with others.

What do you dislike?

The format on the web based portion. It makes it more difficult to use to doesn't view the same as it does on the app. I also have had problems syncing the two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps with teams a lot so that you can each have a folder and take notes and see the notes each person is taking as well as assigning tasks for completion

It makes note taking so much easier, especially if you are on the move, away from a computer or traditional notes, Also makes it easy to work on things with others by sharing certain note books

Microsoft OneNote review by RAVI B.
RAVI B.

"One of the best"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of noting stuff in checklists is very useful, there is no limit in no of words, so i need not repeatedly add new files to save more data. i can use the same file for saving multiple data. The best is that it can read the text from the images. The image to text conversion is very useful for me. It is also great for creating blog posts.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that i dislike in this software. But, to mention few,

.One-note has Inconsistent features across different platforms; Free version is dependent on internet connection.

.The finding and replacing of text is not as comfortable as that in word.

.It does take some time to get a hang of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the new users to try Microsoft OneNote, Once you get to know all the useful things that can be done through OneNote, you be glad that you started using Microsoft OneNote.

This is a one step solution for all.

Most of the tasks that had to use different software's can be through OneNote.

Instead of using multiple software's, it is better to use Microsoft OneNote.

. Preserving Office documents - Easier to use onenote than other softwares

. Locating topics easily - Not all the soft wares have this option. It reduced the time for manual searching.

. Extracting text from images - This solved the problem of typing the text from images and the use of ocr's.

. Easy to design brochures - This can be made through MS Word also, but the modifyable layout of the one note makes it better to do this task.

. Easy to design Layout outlines - Any kind of templates that I needed can be designed here.

. Checklist facility - I had to use separate software for this purpose, but onenote could solve even that.

. Doing maths - This feature reduced the strain and time consumption of calculating or using math formulas through another software.

. finally a total control over office documentations and meetings(minutes) - This is like an all software's in one software kind of platform. I loved this software.

Microsoft OneNote review by Master A.
Master A.

"Just great"

What do you like best?

Screen clipping is great, it clips with good quality and also pastes us the information from where and when it was inserted. this is really great for my office.

It is great for creating templates. also very useful for making pictorial representations for notes and other purposes. the image to text conversion is one of the unique features. it makes most of the work easier.

What do you dislike?

Most of the software is very reliable and im found of it. but to speak about the dislikes, i found some difficulty with Mathematical equations, it would have been better if the equations are simplified. other than that rest of the software is so useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software, try it before going to search any further.

My clients keep changing their web sites Graphics, i need to keep a record of all the changes they make, so i use one note to store them all on regular basis.

I can use Onenote to make quick notes which needs pictures included in them. so this is very great for such.

Also i found it very useful for creating templates and rough designs for my projects and also i use this software once in a while for rough view designs of websites. In this way microsoft onenote have helped me alot in many fields. This is a very handy tool to have in ones computer. Instead of using many softwares for all the separate functions, it is very easy to find all the features in a single software. So i prefer using one note all the time when ever i needed any kind of notes taking or rough designing.

Microsoft OneNote review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"Learning to love OneNote "

What do you like best?

The integration! I can edit the same note on my phone, on my laptop, on my ipad, on someone else's computer, etc. This has been the very best part.

What do you dislike?

It's quirky style that has a learning curve. I wish I could use it like a word or excel document instead of the way they have it set up BUT since I can send these items to it, this is just a small nuance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a solid chance to wow you. Explore all the functionalities thoroughly.

So many but the best one by far is the ability to use my ipad and apple pencil in meetings and not have to retype my notes or scan and email the notebook to myself. I work remotely so the option to always have every single note with me physically is not ideal. Plus I can tag words to search, create multiple notebooks, pages, etc. Sharing is easy, checklists are easy. I actually use the checklist function with my obsession for audiobooks so I don't end up checking out the same book or so I can ensure I have caught every book in that series.

Microsoft OneNote review by Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.

"OneNote is the best tool to stay organized and keep notes"

What do you like best?

I love OneNote. I can write down everything from notes during training's, meetings with my boss, projects that I am working on, and so much more. I love that it is easily searchable, and keeps regular backups. I also enjoy not having to save every single time I add something; I would be saving every 2 secs. This truly is my favorite work tool. I've been using this for the last 3 years at two separate companies and I only like it more and more.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that needs to be worked on with OneNote is the corruptions that occur. I will be working in my notebook and then the next day it's telling me the 'section is corrupt' and they might be able to fix it, but avoid working there for now. I've only recently looked into the OneNote help pages to find the directions for restoring backups to get rid of these notes. That's really my only dislike/complaint for this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to start using this immediately! Start converting any paper docs you have into easily searchable and organized tabs in your OneNote. Another easy way to utilize OneNote is to have multiple notebooks. For example; have one for work collaboration, one of work projects, one for home shopping and grocery lists. By doing this you are lessening the chance of your notebooks becoming too large and potential corruption.

Our team is solving collaboration issues with this tool. Recently I've introduced this as a resource/collaboration tool and it's being accepted really well. We will all be able to add knowledge and share this with new team members coming on board.

Microsoft OneNote review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"Great product for the scattered note takers"

What do you like best?

You can still be scattered and organized at the same time! Write down a "note" pretty much anywhere you like in the program. It will organize it for you. You can have tabs and books and pages and you can even tie it in with Outlook to start a note with the client you're working on currently.

What do you dislike?

You definitely need a plan going in. In a way, the program allowed me too much latitude. I asked around to see what other users were doing and how they laid out their structure. Then I made a plan for myself based on what would work for me. I saw many coworkers frustrated because they started taking notes and then realized their method wouldn't work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan your work and work your plan. Make sure you know your structure before you begin. Ask others what they did and then make your own way.

Tracking account activity and different relations within the account. I can have a page for an account then create sub pages for products or people or activity tracking.

Microsoft OneNote review by Nellie S.
Nellie S.

"Love OneNote"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to write notes in 1 central location and keep track of everything I am doing. Organizational and ease of use.

Also, love the ability to email out the notes.

Great for taking screen shots

collecting, organizing and sharing digital information

You can draw, erase, and edit with your finger, stylus, or mouse on any Touch-capable device, such as a Tablet PC or a Windows 8 tablet or slate PC. If you need to share your handwritten notes and care about legibility, OneNote can automatically convert your handwriting to text.

OneNote lets you add more space where and when you need it, and you can stay organized by dragging note items into their own sections or even into different notebooks. You can separate and organize your notes by subjects or projects, or keep separate notebooks for different places and interests. By storing text notes, photos, audio and video snippets, handwriting and similar content, Microsoft OneNote collects and organizes the information, making it available for searching as well as sharing with others.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the moving around of the page layout; syncing is not always working; not being able to change font so easily for entire section

OneNote could take a bit of time to get used to

functionalities differ between MAC and Windows users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep using it, keeps you so organized.

Note taking and sharing data via email. Organization; drawing;

help users capture ideas and information in different digital formats

Microsoft OneNote review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"The most amazing life organizer!!!"

What do you like best?

I love how organized I've been since beginning to use it two years ago. Instead of having 5-10 different small spiral notebooks to take notes, I have one application that can be searched and broken down. There are also many links you can use between other office and non-office products to make your life more organized. And stop worked harder and work SMARTER!!! Gain tons of efficiency.

What do you dislike?

There are a ton of features to learn. Microsoft office training is good but it's still difficult to understand how powerful of a tool it really is until you get in a use it. I've been using it for over two years and I'm still finding new features now that I had no idea existed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that you will start using this one way and you will tweak it continuously until you find your own way of tracking/organizing things.

Staying organized, time management, task list, multiple notebooks in one place

Microsoft OneNote review by Chad C.
Chad C.

"OneNote - Great for taking notes, writing documentation, and sharing content"

What do you like best?

With OneNote, I can have multiple notebooks, each with multiple sections, with each section having multiple pages. I can enter my content much like I would in Word (with a little less formatting available to me, not that that is such a bad thing - sometimes), and it is auto-saved. I have my notebooks saved in our corporate Sharepoint, so I can share a web view of my content and make it discover-able to as many or as few people as I want in our organization. This really lowers our teams bus factor, as all of my notes and documentation are out there available to anyone. I love the PDF export, and every once in a while, I'll export to Word. I can save out a section or a page and send it to colleague so they can import it into their notebooks. OneNote is a pretty flexible, easy to pick up piece of software.

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't too customizable. For example, I only have a limited number of colors available to me for section tabs (much like categories in Outlook). I mentioned the scaled-back formatting options, but there are some that are annoying. For example, I cannot create my own styles or modify existing ones. Not a deal-breaker, but would be nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have SharePOint, save your notebooks there so they are safe and so you can share web views with other in your organization.

Myself and other on our team use OneNote to take project notes, meeting notes, and to write and share project documentation.

Microsoft OneNote review by Juan F.
Juan F.

"Great Note Taking"

What do you like best?

I love that I can sync between all my devices, mobile, tablet and PC. Also that I can search for a word and it will search the whole notebook. I also like that I can take a pic and it will insert it right away. All gets syncd the same and no issues at all.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike on this product, but the fact that I was not using before. If I knew how much my life and work skills would improve after using this, I would have started earlier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great tool to take notes even on a tablet, this is the one. I guarantee once you start using it, it will change your note taking life forever. I disliked it at first, then as I started using it more often, I noticed that my support issues were resolved easier since I knew what I had to do, after writing it down on my notes. I also use it for meetings to remember what was talked about and review at a later time.

I work with many Dr. offices and I have created 3 different One Note Notebooks. Each notebook has their own tabs, such as support tab, then support tools and other support issues I have run to in the past and I can reference in the future.

Microsoft OneNote review by Luke H.
Luke H.

"Be much more organised with your note taking"

What do you like best?

The page -> section -> notebook structure makes it extremely easy to organise your notes. I also really like being able to go back and edit notes later on (e.g. when i have a regular call I can easily see the notes from the last call and then add the new notes to the page).

What do you dislike?

The mobile and mac versions could be improved (e.g. by adding the functionality to filter by check boxes)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really helped me to be more organised in my note taking. It has helped both by making me more structured about taking notes and where I store information but also by allowing me to revisit existing notes to add additional information. I really like the fact that it syncs immediately with the free iOS app and also on my other devices (macbook pro and other laptops).

There is a slight redesign for a Windows 10 app which I don't like so much so I continue to use the desktop version out of familiarity (the location of the folder structure has moved and makes it less intuitive in my opinion.

Another great feature is the link to Outlook so I can easily create a note from a meeting invite that automatically imports the title, date and time and participants of the meeting in easily expandable format. This note then links back to the original invite, a great feature!

More organised note taking, better continuity of ongoing processes, better to-do-list management

Microsoft OneNote review by Kelly Fabriana L.
Kelly Fabriana L.

"Notepad that everyone needs"

What do you like best?

Microsoft OneNote is a tool useful for the day, labor day, amazing, it helps us to get out of trouble because it allows us to have annotations of everyday tasks by performing, without using paper and pencil, these may be filed for that task is fulfilled every day, it is very easy to use and it is also dynamic

What do you dislike?

Microsoft OneNote provides us with easy to use, allows the user to record your day's work, activities to fulfill tasks or any type of notes, is one of the tool more useful because simplifies us have many notes in your notebook, is a notebook Digital

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft OneNote is recommended with your eyes closed is easy to use and very dynamic, useful for your daily activities, and can have your tonás without paper and pencil if not from your computer and digitally

This tool allows us to recycle it is not necessary to have paper and pencil for your notes, Microsoft OneNote is a digital notebook that allows us to archive your annotations

Microsoft OneNote review by Kirby K.
Kirby K.

"Just the note-taking program I've been searching for as a student!"

What do you like best?

I love that OneNote lets you upload powerpoint slides and then take notes. Of course, you can do this on PowerPoint, but the notetaking space is relatively small. With OneNote, you have ample room to take notes, and can make graphs, draw, record lectures, and have extensive bullet points next to the slides. I really, really love this program. I'm a college senior now, and wish I had known about it as a freshman.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of a lot that I dislike about the product. Maybe the price, but it's free through my university anyway. I did have a little trouble sharing my notes with a classmate, but there is definitely a way to do it, it's just not as obvious as some of the other features. All in all, it's a really great program

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't need any other notetaking program. It's really, really great.

It will keep you up to date on your upcoming tasks and meetings, and its also a great place to take notes about the content from said meetings. The uses of OneNote are incredibly versatile and it can be used for a desktop reminder service or for extensive classroom note-taking.

Microsoft OneNote review by Richard D.
Richard D.

"An underestimated gem of a program."

What do you like best?

I love having a centralized repository for How To's, Meeting Notes, Demo Credentials, and other pertinent information, and a program that you can easily clip and store articles and websites to and refer back to them later, but write down why you want to revisit these items, not just bookmark and forget them.

What do you dislike?

I lost a significant amount of OneNote data because it does not automatically backup to the cloud or want you that the notebook you're saving is a local file. I feel like there should be more reminders that you're potentially at risk for losing your data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to your fullest advantage and encourage others to do the same. You won't believe how much time you can save and how organized you can become using this hidden gem. If you're willing to take the time out and learn some of the keyboard shortcuts, you'll find yourself wondering how you ever lived without this product before. I know I do.

I have been able to solve my need to have a better way to record and refer back to client notes or observations made during demos and conference calls. I have been able to amass a plethora of compliance resources and sort them by state and notate the last time I visited the site. I have been able to share information through OneNote with other staff members that they would otherwise have to ask me for.

Microsoft OneNote review by Sarina C.
Sarina C.

"Sarina's Microsoft OneNote Review"

What do you like best?

I wish I would have known about this program sooner. I love that this program has allowed me to work better virtually and without paper. I love to make to do lists to keep myself organized and the check boxes and capability to call out different to do's have made a world of difference. I also love that you can have multiple tabs so you are able to create a different page for each of your different projects. It is also great that you can share workbooks between multiple people, especially if someone is working on a project and it transfers over to you to take over. It is an easy way to get their previously work and meeting notes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I am confused on how to use the tabs versus the different books, versus the different sections. It almost seems like there are too many different options available so I am not sure that I have everything organized to the best of my ability but I am sure that can remedies by going through a training or job-aid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend going through a job-aid or some type of training so you can determine the best way to utilize the program. It is an awesome program but there has to be some type of direction or idea of how you want to organize everything so it does not start to become a mess.

Working remotely without paper. We recently moved to an open concept at work so we do not have our own workspace. We sit in a different place each day so we aren't able to keep notebooks and office supplies anywhere. This allows me to have my own notebook on my computer that can travel anywhere with me. I also like that if I need to take notes for a meeting, I don't need to worry about if I have pen and paper with me. I can open the application that is already on my computer and start chugging away with my notes.

Microsoft OneNote review by Tyler L.
Tyler L.

"Excellent note taking for corporate tablet users"

What do you like best?

Handwriting with touch screen with pen and finger are fluid and precise. Users can quickly take notes and share or store in the cloud. Tools built in for team collaboration and sharing. Cloud storage makes notes readily available on any device and even on your mobile device. Many different input methods such as charts, handwriting, graphs, type, and scale allow for more accurate data to be used in notes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program does not open as quickly as you would like. Would like to see a lock screen note entry that allows you to start writing without unlocking the device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect value when already using the Office 365 apps

No longer needing to carry binders and note pads to meetings. Lots of time saving and cloud sync allows for backup of crucial notes and supervisor access to ensure proper employee focus.

Microsoft OneNote review by Jennifer O.
Jennifer O.

"Great for collaboration"

What do you like best?

Our firewall blocks online cloud products for security reasons One Note passes and it's great for working on a document and sharing work with other team members. And you can separate sections of one project very easily. It's easy to use and you can export your files to share. You can also lock some items so that they can only be viewed by people with permission.

What do you dislike?

One very small thing that I find annoying is the hotkeys.There is some overlap with other products I use and if one note is open it takes precedence for some reason. So several times I have opened a new notebook rather than what I actually want3ed to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm sure this won't be blocked by your companies firewall so it's probably worth it

We use this product for team collaboration. When we have a series of testing tasks we keep a large list and people can mark off what they have completed and what passes or doesn't pass and instead of having to point it out and send off an email anyone witch access can see what they have written.

Microsoft OneNote review by Carl W.
Carl W.

"Easy organization and content distribution"

What do you like best?

The software is very versatile and makes it easy for kids to keep track of assignments and work and for then subsequent review by the teacher. Students are able to type or write in their space without having to save which is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

The program is not terribly intuitive. It functions similarly to Microsoft Word, but there are some formatting tricks (such as sending things to front/back or set as background) that is necessary to avoid stuff "disappearing" behind other elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop a training to use with especially younger students to get the acclimated to the program.

I save hours on making photocopies and headaches having students turn in assignments. There is very little that we would use pen and paper for that we can't use OneNote for.

Microsoft OneNote review by Allison T.
Allison T.

"If you have not used OneNote, Where have you been?"

What do you like best?

The feature I think is the best and I bet hands down most people that have moved to OneNote think is the cross-platform support. Android, iOS, Windows, OSX syncing and near all features supported. I in my IT career have swapped between echo systems but one thing that has followed me is OneNote. What software can you say has done that?

What do you dislike?

This was a hard one for me to choose as I, in general, have no dislikes, maybe minor annoyances but those are usually my own personal preference issues not problems with the program. the one thing I would like that I find as a dislike is a support for multiple accounts. Personal and work have to independent areas where I can use them both without them contaminating each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to get your information together? Use a lot of platforms? Get OneNote and it will suite your needs

With OneNote I solve research and notes. I research something and get all the info into onenote I can search research and continue to add more information. This helps from doing things twice or backtracking. Making this tool a big time saver and when it comes to down systems or angry customers that is as valuable as gold.

Microsoft OneNote review by mayra c.
mayra c.

"my best friend!"

What do you like best?

EVERYTHING! from it been the easiest one of the smarties software out there. I relay on One note for alot of things specialist sync my data from one device to another always having my notes on the same place. i love many futures from it such as the voice record. i use this every time we have staff meetings. been able to take notes and have the recording in the same place is amazing. another feature i would say my favorite would be auto save i don't have to worry about clicking save and one note will automatically save my notes. also the insiert tab is another of my favorites! love been able to add a spreadsheet, to a document that will be link to my note. or my to do list

What do you dislike?

Nothing really i fell like One note has everything it has to offer . i really glab i was introduce to one note.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the price is not to well but it is worth it! been able to be home and takes notes for the following day at work is amazing! i dont forget a thing! been able to screen write things as well is great! been able to copy a word doc and past here and make notes with my pen is more than what i can ask for!

note taking and been able to have access of notes from one page to another. also sync my documents from multiple devices.

Microsoft OneNote review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"Great for Digital Note Taking"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of storing notes in a clear and organized fashion. I can quickly toggle between different notes without the need to open a separate file like with traditional file storage. There are options to set up a notebook and then add sections inside so you can always quickly find what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

The integration with the Apple Pencil could be improved. If using on an iPad it struggles to integrate typed text and drawing if you change the orientation (portrait to landscape or vice versa). For example, if I do homework in landscape on my iPad and then view it on my laptop, the spacing changes and typed text and draw text end up overlapping and being a total mess. There is also a problem with drawing text into the subject line, which then shows up as an untitled note if viewing on a laptop.

All my meeting notes are organized in OneNote and sync across all my devices so I can always access them.

Microsoft OneNote review by Elizabeth L.
Elizabeth L.

"Ease of use - love that it automatically saves"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily type quick notes into this application. I am always making lists/taking notes and this tool is great for that.

What do you dislike?

The only troubles I have had with OneNote have been when I would dock it to the side of my desk using the button above - it can be clunky to put it back to the full screen/regular option. This is potentially only a user error on my part.

Personally, I use OneNote to keep tabs on tasks at hand. I know it can also be used as a shared note repository by putting online and allowing others to also edit and view the same notebook, which can be especially beneficial in a company without google docs and/or the newest, shareable version of outlook/onedrive.

Microsoft OneNote review by Christine M.
Christine M.

"Useful in both business and personal"

What do you like best?

At first, I was very overwhelmed by the many features of this program. I was kind of having a panic attack during my training. Truly though, this is a program that you need to just play with for a while, and brainstorm this different ways that you can use it. I have been able to apply it to my work projects, and also create another notebook for quick references of the things I need to remember. I also own a pet sitting business, and have discovered that this is a great way to manage my client base.

What do you dislike?

Right now I can't get it to link up with the one note app on my work phone, but I think that is more of an issue with my company security policy and not a program issue.

It helps me to be very organized and on track with my goals.

Microsoft OneNote review by Chaya S.
Chaya S.

"Used for notetaking in meetings and collaborating "

What do you like best?

I like the subject notebook function, and the ability to sort the different sections based on recency when the notebook was written. Easy to sort between shared notebooks and personal notebooks. In my role we add in pdf information and educational resources so I am happy with that feature.

What do you dislike?

The title area is not intuitive and sometimes I want the title to not show in the meeting I am in so I add a generic title until I review the notebook later. Using the Microsoft 365 version can be slow sometimes when sharing notebooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, need to organize individual notebooks under headings to make it easier to find the notebook you are looking for.

Keeping current notes in meetings, and allowing more than one person to review meeting minutes in an easy way.

Microsoft OneNote review by Jordan M.
Jordan M.

"The best NoteTaking Tool Available"

What do you like best?

The layout of OneNote is not structured like any other note taking app on the market. It is set up as a "canvas" which allows you to have pods of notes all over the canvas. This is better than the structured word form moving down the page as you go. The icons that you can create will allow a user to mark notes as important, question, to-do, and many others. My favorite thing about it is the organization of the folders and the sharing features. A team can collaborate on notes, but it is not on the browser. Super nice when you get into the thick of notes.

What do you dislike?

I like the canvas, but I wish it was an infinity canvas that allowed you to zoom in and zoom out into details and move high level as you zoom out more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pull the trigger. ESPECIALLY if you have the office suite already. Start using this software. Now. You will not regret it. Tell your colleagues so that the collaboration and sharing features can become useful for you.

Streamlining the note taking process between business partners during calls, conferences, and meetings. Staying organized and being able to archive notes for later tracing. Collaboration on notes allows each person to add their ideas and have a central document.

Microsoft OneNote review by Brad H.
Brad H.

"Best Note Keeping service out there!"

What do you like best?

I love the way one note easily and intuitively allows you to save and organize notes. It's super easy to understand how it works and they organize it similar to a paper notebook to help make the process digestible for a new user. It also syncs pretty well with my mobile app and I'm constantly adding notes on both my desktop and mobile apps.

What do you dislike?

The app isn't always super consistent and can be buggy at times. Although it does seem to be much better lately. I use an Android phone and windows device, but I've heard syncing on apple devices isn't as great from friends whom I've recommended use one note.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really enjoy using one note much better than Evernote and any other note taking app I've attempted to use. I just don't like how Evernote lays everything out but OneNote does an incredible job of making it intuitive, a clean interface, and a very useful tool for capturing knowledge for later reference. If you're looking for a great app for taking Notes One Note is amazing!

I use one note for organizing all thoughts, drafts, ideas etc. For example, I start all of my blog posts for my business in OneNote. I also use it to collect design inspiration and other ideas as I browse through the internet so that I have it organized and able to reference when I need it most. I also use it to compile market research into one, well organized place.

Microsoft OneNote review by Sagnik M.
Sagnik M.

"The revolutionary notes maker by Microsoft"

What do you like best?

The application itself. Where do I start? There are so many things which make me fall in love with this app. It's one of the best apps to have if your organization is using MS 365. If I've to talk about one best feature that I like, it would be the way the Sections and pages are organized. It's like the Index of a book!!

What do you dislike?

I wish the Web app was just as smooth as the installable application. I wish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using MS 365, this is the best app - no questions asked. It'll be hard to compare it with the free software. Microsoft has come up with a package with this software. One small secret, a lot of people doesn't know about this - you can actually convert the text in an image to text format using One Note. I'm not sure how relevant that is but it's worth a mention. Just go ahead with this one!

Here are a couple of things:

- One stop to store data in an organized way

- Taking notes on the go

- Taking screenshots on the go

- Real-time cloud syncing so that you don't have to worry about saving your work

- Converting the data into Spreadsheet with just a click

- Several other slick features, which saves a lot of time

Microsoft OneNote review by Christina C.
Christina C.

"Easy To Use and Fun!!!"

What do you like best?

This is a GREAT tool to use as a student and is fun, fast, and seems to be reliable for the most part. I do like that it saves your notes and information with every use.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it is not connected or integrated to any other software/email/google accounts so I can ONLY access my notes on here if I am on my computer/mobile device. I also would NOT use this for long ideas but for short notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple task-planner and something quick to take notes in, this is the product for you. But if you are looking for a software that goes above and beyond, and connects to everything (like most CEOs normally do), I recommend you looking in a different place for that kind of product.

I put down quick ideas that I need to jot down during meetings; I also have used it as a Harvard student. It has always been a reliable software and I know it is always going to be quick if I just need to get a small idea down.

Microsoft OneNote review by Darielys G.
Darielys G.

"my virtual notebook. "

What do you like best?

I like it because I constantly need to take notes both at work and at home, and before I took notes on paper that got lost, but since I used ONENOTE my note taking became easier and I have everything saved in the cloud, because a virtual notebook.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing negative in OneNote, I think it covers all my expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

OneNote is a very useful application for all areas, so I recommend it for quick and efficient notes.

-It allows me to take unlimited notes, both voice and written.

-It helps me save my notes in the cloud to use it where and when I need them or share them on any member of my family or work team.

Microsoft OneNote review by Aimee S.
Aimee S.

"OneNote"

What do you like best?

I like that its compatibility. For example, I can convert it to a lot of other files with Microsoft Office. It makes it easier for me to use when I can simply include it in the bundle.

I also love that it can go online! In these few years, I have loved online features because it allowed me to help more people. The online access feature has helped me when I could not carry extra laptops with me. Likewise, the online accessibility has made this more influential. This appeals to many younger demographics of people.

What do you dislike?

I do not like all of the confusing and inconsistent logos. To me, they are all Microsoft OneNote. However, sometimes it confuses me when I see an older, outdated app still beside the newer one.

I do not like that

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the highlighters to remember important main elements! Highlighting is not coloring though. Software users can use the outlines. It makes the software easier to read and later when a student comes back to use it, he or she can remember by memorization.

It helps me comprehend business concepts. It allows me to store data with my review business, and it helps me keep up with my personal notes in class. School is still a business in itself because these private college instructors make a lot of profit.

Microsoft Office has helped me to organize some of my review files and organizational files with partnerships. One Note specifically has shown me ways to create notes to organize with.

Microsoft OneNote review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"Keeping my learning organised. "

What do you like best?

OneNote is a great tool for tracking your notes for all aspects of life. This is a seamless tool that works across all platforms. There are several different ways to categorize notes and topics. I really like the photo capture directly into notes, this is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a little more note editing ability, like in Microsoft Word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found this tool nearly endlessly useful both while i was in Collage and while i have been working. I can track, manage, and organize my learning. it is east to look back and reference past items.

I use this tool when I go to any training or seminars. I have sections for various topics and pages for more granular notes. I also use this tool when preparing for when teach or train. Ialso

Microsoft OneNote review by Giorgia C.
Giorgia C.

"A life saver when it comes to organize all your clients."

What do you like best?

I consider it office on steroids! It's like having Word, Excel and Powerpoint all in one app. I love the drag and drop feature, the preview feature too. I do like that I can see the history of when the updates have come through for each user. I love that I can work together with my clients and I can teach them my process of work. I like that it offers also access to mobile devices. It is very helpful when I'm traveling to review attached documents.

What do you dislike?

It's limited with the excel option. It does not show function options like excel. It would be really nice to have that. I also don't like that it lacks support for dual language on the same page or paragraph. It is very frustrating because my business is multi-lingual. I also don't like that you can't transfer ownership of notebooks. That would be a very helpful feature when I no longer work with clients. The mobile feature for attaching documents should be revisited with more options. Most of the time I can find a way move a file to the right notebook when I'm on mobile. There are too many steps to take.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They need to implement a way to support dual language and spelling within the same page and paragraph.

I organize each client into a notebook, and it is a great way to share with the client our content and organize our work with them the way my team is used to.

Microsoft OneNote review by Victoria S.
Victoria S.

"Great for On-the- Go!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see everything on the go, whether it's my shopping list, the addresses I needed for shipping orders, or event reminders. I like that I can draw on here, if I want or need to; sometimes I use doodle plans or spaces out with my stylus on a blank note page. It's easy and efficient.

What do you dislike?

I do not have many problems with OneNote, other than a few syncing issues, on occasion. The inside format can be confusing. By clicking three times on one page, you can make two separate notes that pile on top of each other, which can get confusing if you're new to OneNote. This shows up a little bit awkwardly on mobile, but straightens itself out on computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not the place to look for event reminders, like your calander. Like the name implies, this is mainly for taking notes. It's good if you need to format your own layout for information, like charts.

I don't have to carry a piece of paper with me all of the time and worry about it falling out of my pocket, or dropping it. I always have my phone on me, so it's easier to keep track of things and saves me time, money, and waste.

Microsoft OneNote review by Isaac W.
Isaac W.

"Simple to use, doesn't automatically sync"

What do you like best?

I have a mac and love the ease with which it opens and how I can just start typing, record things, etc. It does a good job of allowing me to categorize my different notes across different aspects of my life and work, and the color coding makes it easy to group things.

What do you dislike?

I have had problem with it syncing with my mobile device unless I actively press the sync button. While it saves automatically, it doesn't sync automatically making it difficult to follow up on old notes. Additionally, the mac version doesn't have an option to draw, but only type. I would like to be able to take handwritten notes on imported pdf files and the like but it does not exist on mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest difference between this and other note taking like Evernote and the like is that the interface here is exactly like other Microsoft Office interfaces. If you don't like that, maybe don't use OneNote. Otherise, it does a good job. Know that you won't be able to handwrite anything in mac, but only PC.

I have been able to take notes during phone calls and in person meetings, then later search in onenote to find the notes later on if I remember that they existed or forgot who I was speaking with about something. It also serves as a better reference than my handwritten notes simply because it is in the cloud and (when I remember to) syncs with my phone.

Microsoft OneNote review by Dustin K.
Dustin K.

"It works :D "

What do you like best?

Keeps everything organized. Easy to edit and add new tabs. Easy to share with other people or teams.it's a very simple and easy program to use

What do you dislike?

There is not a whole lot of things that I dislike. I would say having more features, however I like the simplicity of the program and adding new features could take away form some of it's strengths.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and easy to share (for the most part). No real down side, other than lacking a few options.

We save guides and any document the company would need to access on the fly. It helps keep these easy to access documents all in one place so everyone can access them.

Microsoft OneNote review by William L.
William L.

"Best Productivity Tool Available"

What do you like best?

The main things I like best are the powerful search / storage aspect of OneNote and the ability to form your Notebooks to address any need that may come-up. The seamless integration with the other MS Office titles and cross-platform syncing also makes this software a winner for any end user. The sharing and collaboration of information is fantastic especially when using the mobile version.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Sync across devices takes a little bit of time to catch-up. Currently, there is some incosistency between OS platforms, which makes for a somewhat dis-jointed user experience. Overall, these negatives are outweighed by the overall strength of the software. While there are some solid competitors in the marketplace, Microsoft OneNote stands heads and shoulders above the rest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft OneNote has the most flexibility for users and the strongest integration with MS Office products. Highly recommended for individuals and a must-have for organizations that leverage the Microsoft eco-system. The cost becomes a non-factor when leveraging an Office 365 subscription model. Plus, there is a large user base that has written a number of books along with a vast amount of blogs providing users with a vast knowledge base of tips and tricks.

I utilize OneNote as both a Project Management Platform and Reference Database which can be shared across the organization. This software is strongest when leveraged across the MS Office library and provides organizations with a strong platform for sharing and collaboration. The knowledge base that OneNote provides our organization is invaluable.

Microsoft OneNote review by ARTURO R.
ARTURO R.

"FÁCIL E INTUITIVO"

What do you like best?

La cantidad de herramientas es excelente para poder no tener limitantes al momento de realizar una nota, la capacidad de adjuntar imágenes a una nota es excelente, el soporte a múltiples plataformas. la calidad de soporte que es ofrecida por parte de microsoft, por su puesto la integración con tu cuneta de outlook es importante mencionar

What do you dislike?

a pesar de tener una plataforma móvil le falta trabajo para poder llegar a ser como la de escritorio ese seria el único punto en contra de este software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

La única recomendación que puedo darles es probarlo y notaran como este software ase su trabajo mas sencillo.

en mi trabajo tengo que hacer notas rápidas y este software es esencial para ello.

Microsoft OneNote review by Sakti B.
Sakti B.

"Best Note taking and organizing app"

What do you like best?

It's a complete productivity app. It not only helps you take notes but also helps you organize. Compared to all its competitors its biggest advantage is the integration with Microsoft office. Easy to convert emails to notes and send notes via email.

What do you dislike?

Chances that you take many notes at different times and you may feel you have many notes scattered everywhere. So you may need to spend some time like 5 to 10 minutes every week to maintain your notes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Onenote is bundled as part of office365 so you don't have to purchase it separately. I could not find any software which provides any useful feature which is not part of OneNote. Taking notes, sharing with others, Creating the To-Do list, attaching documents, voice notes, video notes etc, capturing contents from web or screen and many more features which anybody can imagine is provided by OneNote. You can be innovative and use it for many other purposes. The good part is it has less or no restrictions.

All note taking and sharing needs in any organization can be full filled by OneNote.

Microsoft OneNote review by Kaka K.
Kaka K.

"Documents under one"

What do you like best?

It has great user interface and very easy to use .we can easily creates different books in which we can separate ly maintain our different document . We can share the same book with the other which can remain in sync with many a members will get update with real time updates with the signature of their initial letters name.we can easily track who have changes these item and it also shows us the timing of the changes that have been made .we can also use screen clipping feautee directly from it's interface and can save directly into particular location which we have given the path..within the books we can create different chapter in which we can save materials/content accordingly.

What do you dislike?

It's takes time to get load into the memory .

For the first time it gets time to get insync with the books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for documentation .need lesser training to.operate .easy to use

We are using it to note down the issues we are having while we setup new system and servers

Microsoft OneNote review by Johanna S.
Johanna S.

"Convenient service that has proven imperative for work"

What do you like best?

I don't know what we did before Microsoft OneNote. Being that I work with my team to collaborate on nearly everything I do, it allows all of my team's documents to be held in the same, secure place. Just as convenient is that Microsoft OneNote is accessible from any device or computer that has the internet and since my team and I travel frequently, this is a feature that is most valuable.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced anything that I dislike about Microsoft OneNote. However, it would be nice to be able to have a more customizable interface. In previous versions of Microsoft OneNote, we had experienced some issues with permissions and sharing notebooks. However, since the 2016 upgrade, it seems that this issue has been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Microsoft OneNote for those who use several computers or tablets on a regular basis or who travel often and need a secure way to access notebooks. I also recommend Microsoft OneNote for those who work with other people as it allows you to share notebooks and collaborate in real time.

Microsoft OneNote's greatest benefit to my company is that it allows me to share my notebooks and have access to my coworkers notebooks. Before OneNote, we would have to rely on our shared drive in order to share notebooks. The shared drive was only accessible from our work server - which meant that, unless we were logged in to a work computer, we didn't have access. Microsoft OneNote has made it so we can access these notebooks no matter what location we are in while not compromising security.

Microsoft OneNote review by Judah K.
Judah K.

"THE BEST NOTE TAKING APPLICATION SOFTWARE AVAILABLE."

What do you like best?

Ms OneNote has been my best solution tool for collecting and organizing my text of data. It is extremely integrated through all Office applications this enables me be able to share my data with ease across all Office applications and people.

Tagging and searching notes- This has been my great tool for searching information from my notes using Ms OneNote.

Printing Notes- Ms OneNote allows me print notes with ease.

It is simple to use.

It allows me add images into my notes.

What do you dislike?

Since it is cloud based, where data entered is stored in the cloud, It is limited to some people, not everyone likes his/her information in the cloud no matter how secure it is said to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully recommend Ms OneNote it is an amazing Software for data collection and Organization.

Flexibility of data- Ms OneNote is nonlinear hence allows data entry of any form in to it, one can draw, enter data of any choice, this data can be shared to people and to other linear applications for use.

Organisation of data- OneNote allows one organize data into different notebooks,

Microsoft OneNote review by Jose L.
Jose L.

"Facilitate your annotations in work meetings."

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Onenote is that it is very simple to use, it is perfect for making notes in meetings and thus not lose any point of the subject that is treated, it allows me to have my information organized and thus be able to share it in an easier way and fast, it's basically like an electronic agenda which is very functional for all employees.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that sometimes it can be a bit slow, it's really the only thing that I do not like because this Microsoft tool is very useful for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use, it helps you reduce expenses in notebooks and other applications that are expensive, you can collect all your annotations in one place including text, images, digital writing, audio and video recordings, etc. You can have all the most important information at your fingertips in a safe way as you save and make a backup, you can share your information with all the employees of the company, as it is a very friendly interface, everyone can understand and use .

This tool is a simple and quick way to save all the notes I make in work meetings, I can do it from my laptop or from my mobile devices which is very simple, it helps me find information more quickly, because the I can have organized and that helps me reduce time at work, having all meeting notes stored in one location, all employees can have access to the same information, which helps make sure that all team members are On the same page and at the end of the meeting everyone has the same information in their hands so they can give their point of view or simply make decisions faster.

Microsoft OneNote review by Kundrao S.
Kundrao S.

"Documentation can be managed easily"

What do you like best?

its a great tool in which we can make a notes/information as like a book . we can make a certain tittles and under which we can arrange the things as per our need. it has simple interface with good design so that the use of the application can be made easy.we can make the links between the pages so that we can navigate to other sites , url or we can navigate within the same onenote.we can add multiple books in a single one note but at a time we can open only one .the screen clipping can also be directly saved into the notebook by changing the screen clipping path to onennote.if we open some other notebook created by someone else and if we modify it then our name will be written with modified item so that track can be maintained by whom that has been modified.when the screenshot are saved directly into the onenote , it also saves the site url from where we have taken the screenshot along with the timings.

What do you dislike?

it takes most of the memory and CPU utilization of the system

it takes time to open a notebook saved at some shared location and get in sync with the book

its little bit costlier as we have to purchase the license of the tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a great tool that will helps a lot to maintain notes/information in a organized way

we are making integrated upgrade notes with this tool in which we mention the steps and error we got while upgrading the system

Microsoft OneNote review by Cindy C.
Cindy C.

"Best app ever!"

What do you like best?

Is it ok to say EVERYTHING! I don't think i could survive without OneNote. It is hands-down the most used piece of software in my arsenal. I use it seamlessly for both personal and business tasks. I love that it integrates with my Outlook so that I can take notes (and never have to hit save, so I never lose anything) and reminders and meetings automatically upload into my calendar. I have it synched between my desktop, laptop and mobile devices so changes are immediately synched on all my devices. I also create client Notebooks that I can share and we can live collaborate. It's easy to drop in links, move things around, and email pages right out of it. You can also do live calculations right in the page when you are crunching numbers. Hands-down a Boss Lady's BFF

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything! I guess the only thing I can say negatively is that they did a new more streamlined roll out that installed both versions on my computer and confused me at first. But, I was easily able to figure it out and stick with the more classic version that I prefer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As OneNote is now a basic part of MS Office, you can't go wrong. This is easily the most useful tool in the Office Suite.

I use it to collaborate with clients and it works amazingly. We can leave notes to each other, links to things to see, etc. I create organized tables where we can update details as we go so that we are both in synch. It's an amazing tool.