Microsoft Operations Management Suite

3.9

Gain visibility and control across your hybrid cloud with simplified operations management and security

Work for Microsoft Operations Management Suite?

Learning about Microsoft OMS?

Microsoft Operations Management Suite Reviews

Showing 83 Microsoft OMS reviews
Microsoft OMS review by Alexander Marra M.
Alexander Marra M.

"Usefull for IT management in cloud solutions and instrumentation"

What do you like best?

Shows very clear and direct informations about instrumentation of cloud solutions, infortunelly, I can't offer more comments because I am not the administrator. But the look and feel of application it's very easy. The environment seems to be like Power BI, the design looks very clear and easy to use you can use the interface on mobile as well.

What do you dislike?

Don't see connection to another types of instrumentations, but this can occur because I'm not administrator of this Operations Suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be usefull when you have Azure applications and need to get instrumentation about it. Including the information about the data load, processor consuming, memmory consuming and how the application behavior affects the machines performance at all.

We can measure the load of process when we start data load processing on SQL. Other feature are measuring the information about IIS and how the .Net applications behaviors affects the virtual servers. We have some views about memmory consumption, CPU, HDD read and write, also the network load of applications and transmission of data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Operations Management Suite
Microsoft OMS review by Emmanuel E.
Emmanuel E.

"Controlar su infraestructura y operaciones con una suite "

What do you like best?

Lo que mejor aporta SC es la integración de sus soluciones, desde empezar con soluciones de más ejecución como VM, CM o DPM a soluciones de monitoreo SCOM a SCSM que ayuda a organizar las operaciones en tiquetes y por último terminar con Orchestrator, que junta todas las piezas para lograr una verdadera automatización de los procesos.

What do you dislike?

Las consolas de administración no tienen el mejor diseño, además la creación de dashboards o reportes no es la más amigable.

Por ejemplo SCOM aunque trae muchos datos, se queda corto en la simplicidad de creación de dashborads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Se necesita tener conocimiento de infraestructura para poder hacer un filtrado de alertas

Administración de la infraestructura, además del diseño de servicios y monitoreo de los mismos.

Integración del sistema de HelpDesk y resolución de incidentes.

What Enterprise IT Management Suites solution do you use?

Microsoft OMS review by Cary W.
Cary W.

"Powerful, but is not intuitive..."

What do you like best?

Microsoft OMS is very powerful (Maybe too powerful). When you first begin, it is a completely blank canvas. That is fine if you are a painter, but not so much if you are hoping to get something showing up in short order.

What do you dislike?

Way too complex! In looking over the application, I found that I felt like I had to go to a couple of college courses before I was going to get anywhere. There are so many products out there that out of the box start showing some value (minimal, but existent).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a Microsoft house and are solely using Azure, you might want to tough it out, take classes, and maybe even drop a little coin on professional services to assist with the deployment. If, however, you are using multiple cloud platforms, I'd suggest you do some digging in to alternative solutions.

Looking for a tool that provides a broad overview of the current state of operations within our environment.

Microsoft OMS review by Rob G.
Rob G.

"Works OK - has it's quirks and issues but overall is OK"

What do you like best?

Alerting of servers and computers that have issues and are sent directly to my cell phone as a text - with full information on the alert.

What do you dislike?

Alerts don't always go to the right group - if several alerts are generated at one time, it sometimes doesn't create a ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software has all the components needed to manage the environment - it has it's quirks, but it still is a solid program. Their support is great and they continue to improve the product.

Monitoring over 5,000 devices/servers allows us to send alerts to the on-call persons and to groups that need the notifications.

Microsoft OMS review by Depak P.
Depak P.

"Take care of security threats and work efficiently!"

What do you like best?

The security auditing dashboard is easy to read, you can export information to Excel, you can also used the Advanced Search to find the information you are looking for. The dashboards provide an amazing amount of data, this information can be searched, allowing you to make quick decisions. The Security and Audit Intelligence Pack helps audit your server data. You can run different queries from the search box allowing you which allows you to really cut down on the data you have. There is also the Alert Management module which gives an overview of your SCOM alerts in a quick dashboard. You can delve deeper into the tiles to see more detailed information. Search queries can be created, as long as you know what you are searching for, to find out who has installed or removed any software during a specific time period. Perfect for detecting where Malware may have come from.

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve if you have never used the application before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read through the resources link as this will provide a much better understanding of use cases, and examples on how to use the application. This is something which helped a great deal in the beginning. It might also be a good idea to have a look through the OMS survival guide, which provides a lot of links for How To videos, Blog Articles and Community Links.

Security threats - the dashboard and the analytics have really increased our understanding of threats, and the proactive monitoring of services has helped greatly.

Microsoft OMS review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"Microsoft Operations Management Suite Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy having all Windows programs at my fingertips. It is great working with a suite of programs instead of one by one. The accessibility of various programs needed at once helps us be more efficient switching from different types of programs and documents throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

I don't care for all the extra programs that come with the package of software. It is a distraction to have too many programs available and not just the key ones I want to use in my daily work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to research what you want and listen to the experts who have used the programs for some time.

We are trying to collaborate all of our programs and simplify what we need or don't need for the ultimate efficiency in our work. We are trying to keep costs down too so we don't spend too much money on programs that we don't use or don't feel we will use in the future.

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Excellent Internal Operations Software Suite"

What do you like best?

The enterprise solution software by Microsoft was a great value add due to its ability to leverage internal subproject operations in full compliance with all relevant intracorporate operational mechanisms.

What do you dislike?

At times, the software was layered and complex to the point of being difficult to train for; an integrated hub module for handling meta training tasks for new users would have been appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend using the software at least as a pilot in order to effectively and quickly manage all internal account management tasks.

Our company is first and foremost realizing the added value of increased operational efficiency with regard to most of our internal control mechanisms.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Visibility and Cloud Control Across Your Business"

What do you like best?

Allows organizations both small and large to make sound operational decisions. Additionally alerts are sent to managers via text making the job easier for those on the go.

What do you dislike?

Not all are familiar with the product making the learning curve rather high for those entry level associations and "old" school IT gurus. Everyone should approach this application as newbies allowing everyone to grow and learn easily together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seek help when needed, ask questions in the beginning phases, and implement with a helping hand. Microsoft Operations Management Suite is here to make your business security and ability across the organization feasible when other could not. Allow MOMS to help make a difference in your productivity whether you are in the office or on the go.

Security threats are typically a second guess issue until a third-party sends an alert. MOMS allows managers to be proactive on threats both minimal and extreme, giving managers the ability to approach the issue right away.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"The best service and the best quality."

What do you like best?

I love everything about using this service it never freezes or shuts down for any reason and is always up to date, I have never had a problem with this and no matter what happens I know I can always come to this service and get my job done in no time. I also love that It does not take much until all of my work for the day is finished because of the speed of this program and it's ability to make my work surroundings a whole lot easier. I would tell everyone who has never tried this in their workplace to go out and give it a try.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all the service works flawlessly with no hiccups or problems I can rely on this service to get me through even my toughest job moments. I do dislike that sometimes the program will force close but that's rarely for this service. Another flaw of using this is that sometimes certain programs will not and you have refresh the whole entire program for everything else to reload and continue to work as it should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best move you will ever make.

It helps to solve having to do multiple tasks at once with ease, I can have all my work that needs to get done right in front of me and I do not need to move back and forth from one area to another to get all my tools when I have them right in front of me.

Microsoft OMS review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"A Complete software for operations and management"

What do you like best?

If you’re looking for a way to manage and protect your hybrid cloud environment, then look no further than the Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) . Regardless if you have Azure or AWS, Windows Server or Linux, WMware or OpenStack, this cost-effective all-in-one cloud IT management solution could be right for you.

What do you dislike?

Automation? Well, I have spent more than a decade learning automation, and while I am pretty good at it, there are times when I still have to spend a week looking up stuff and trying various things to get a single script to work reliably.

Log analytics? To do that at even a moderate level of expertise requires reading several books and monitoring several blogs on a regular basis.

Security and compliance? That is another complicated issue with the product.

Solving the following problems with solutions.

Azure Site Recovery - DR protection for VMs

Azure Backup - Backup of workloads to Azure

Azure Automation - PowerShell Workflow execution in Azure

Azure Operational Insights - Collect, store and analyze log data from Windows and Linux sources from on-premises or cloud and visualize the information for easy understanding

Microsoft OMS review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Microsoft Office 365 is really peace of mind for the workforce, effective and efficient"

What do you like best?

Love One Note/One Drive. After years of note taking on paper, and then electronic note taking on file shares then SharePoint, finally there's a solution to do away with all that! Love this because I can access the drive on my iPhone, and it organizes things with tabs so it's easy to add a new note/file. Then you can insert other docs into it, images, etc. So easy and so worth getting O365.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it is not free for personal use.

Speed of access to data and also collaboration options.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Versatile software suite"

What do you like best?

The best thing about MS Operations Management Suite is its versatility. 90% of the day-to-day tasks and projects that I engage in can be accomplished fully with a piece of software within this suite. I have been using MS office products faithfully for years and will continue to do so.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem I have had with this software is that takes far longer to load than one would expect. I am running a quad core CPU with 32GB of RAM on a 2015 motherboard platform - more than enough power to run virtually any piece of consumer/business software. For some reason though, the products within the suite are slow to load. They run fine once the software has been started though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None.

I use this software suite for everything from day-to-day operations to large presentations.

Microsoft OMS review by April  C.
April C.

"Microsoft Office is a great, consistent product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and consistency in the programs. Familiarity makes it easy to get the job done.

What do you dislike?

Lack of web based use, more templates and options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any recommendations for others considering Microsoft Operations Management Suite.

Record keeping and organization for the agency which in turn helps out production and the way we run our business. I like the fact that the software is predictable and it's ease of use.

Microsoft OMS review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Microsoft Operations Management Suite "

What do you like best?

IT uses this as a primary software to streamline and integrate internal workflows within our cloud services. It seems to be very efficient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how expensive Microsoft products can be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of all the different types of features the suite offers.

Our distribution and inventory/ asset control department utilizes the programs in the suit and it helps them more accurately and easily monitor their systems and water network applications.

Microsoft OMS review by Allen M.
Allen M.

"For when you just need it done."

What do you like best?

The interface and features are all intuitive and provide just the right amount of articulation over whatever task I'm trying to get done.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. Several times there have been issues cause by timeouts or pages not functioning due to certain security measures but overall it is a good product.

The main issues that the Suite is able to resolve well is consolidation of management software. This product provides centralized access to all features.

Microsoft OMS review by Maya R.
Maya R.

"Review of Microsoft operations management Suite"

What do you like best?

It solves all of my needs when it comes to email and documentation.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it costs money to get the suite on your personal computer

We use powerpoint constantly in all of our meetings and outlook is our main point of email user.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"I use Microsoft Operations Management Suite at work. "

What do you like best?

Because all of the components and data for OMS are stored in Azure, you can be up and running in a short time without the complexity and investment in on-premise components. Easy to implement.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to understand ho to use in the beginning. They need to post videos to teach how to use it. I had interns who couldn't implement in the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Configuration is minimal, and you can be up and running literally in a matter of minutes.

I always have access to the latest features without any requirement to deploy updates. I access management environment from anywhere I have a browser. You can install the OMS app on smartphones for ready access to monitor data.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Microsoft Operations Management Suite"

What do you like best?

I like the in depth tools provided with any Microsoft suite.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. Something might become a dislike in the future but not as of right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful tool and a must have for any software based company. You get what you pay for.

We are really becoming more of a cloud based software and this suite really helps strength that need.

Microsoft OMS review by Hailey T.
Hailey T.

"Paralegal "

What do you like best?

I like the easy accessibility Microsoft provides. If i can't figure something out, the search bar is easy and actually helpful.

What do you dislike?

Hard to read some of the options even on a large monitor screen.

It helps keep track of the cases i am working on via chart and spreadsheet I have created and it's easy for someone to use and look at.

Microsoft OMS review by User

"Above and beyond experience with Microsoft Op-Man Suite (OMS)"

What do you like best?

This is not just an operations management suite, but has much more to that!

Some of the features that I like are: malware assessment, config assessment, SQL assessment, site recovery and so on.

What do you dislike?

At times experienced difficulty with respect to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very good comprehensive package to manage virtual machines, I especially liked some of the features such as malware detection/ assessment, planning capacity.

I had used the Operations Management Suite (OMS) in the past to effectively manage virtual machines, capacity planning and manage active directories. Benefit realized: The integration between Operations Manager (SCOM) and the new Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) to better accomplish the aforementioned tasks in an efficient manner.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Microsoft Operations Use"

What do you like best?

I like the layout. Its very simple for someone of my profession to use the software. I also like the new modern look to it and not being so outdated.

What do you dislike?

I will get use to it but I dislike when new updates come out trying to find the options I used to use. Like I said once playing around with it again I can find my way and go back to normal use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To have a quick use guide for updates.

I am solving training issues, employee schedules, and operation issues. I have benefited from this by organizing my problems in a more ample way

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Exelent Service"

What do you like best?

I really like your platform and also that it is very easy to configure it, although it is a bit slow and easy.

This has been one of the preferred platforms for my company due to its features and tools.

What do you dislike?

That to be able to configure everything it takes a little and that also constantly is updated and there are times that the changes are not saved and it has to start again.

We have been able to improve our time and ability to solve problems and mainly faster communication with our customers.

Microsoft OMS review by Marvin C.
Marvin C.

"Using the management Suite is the new norm"

What do you like best?

How easy it is. And if I have a question on how to do something, it is only a youtube video away.

What do you dislike?

The cost. I wish there was a way that I could see all of the things that it could do rather trial and error

My workflow.

Microsoft OMS review by Amey M.
Amey M.

"Software for operational excellence"

What do you like best?

This suite has many features that help to manage end to end.

What do you dislike?

It takes a time to load and there is an initial learning curve.

Project management. I have been using this product for quite a while now and have proven well to many different use and corner cases we have had.

Microsoft OMS review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Banking
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Banking

"Great organization "

What do you like best?

I like that I can keep things simple and files are kept organized. This is great for IT work. I've used this for a couple of months now.i like that it keeps my info secure and lets me know when unexpected reboots happen. Great program to have especially when you are In the IT field

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike at this time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial to see if this will meet the needs to make your job easier

I use this at work to keep my files secure and websites used organized

Microsoft OMS review by Maurilio F.
Maurilio F.

"OMS in my world"

What do you like best?

Software que permite o gerenciamento de diversas estrutura de hardware em ambientes windows de formas fácil.

What do you dislike?

Na verdade ainda nao localizei nada que podesse ser um implessilio para nao utilizar o sistema.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Usabilidade ate em embientes domesticos para controle familiar e pricipalmante em IoT.

Gerencimanto de infra computacional de forma eficaz e rápida.

Microsoft OMS review by georgette y.
georgette y.

"reliable"

What do you like best?

The suite is easy to manage. Easy to install a d distribute other sites.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the updates are slow and hard to distinguish when it is complete

Recommendations to others considering the product

The backups areawesome. I schedule a backup and it runs flawless with little to no errors

Microsoft OMS review by Dinesh N.
Dinesh N.

"Helps you to gain insight on work loads and respond quickly to the situations."

What do you like best?

Mobile app is one good thing.

All your IT services task can be covered using Operation Management Suite.

No need to invest in multiple tools.

Its available on Cloud as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as such, navigation among the modules can be little more improved.

All IT services tasks can be managed from a single page.

Graphical representation looks cool.

Microsoft OMS review by Rini J.
Rini J.

"Microsoft Operations Management Suite"

What do you like best?

Outlook Calendars, scheduling, its integration with iPhone,

What do you dislike?

Distribution list is complicated to create

None

Microsoft OMS review by Lindsey B.
Lindsey B.

"Miscrosoft Suite is a standard easy to use and very refourceful."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it gives different options to make life easier in scheduling, prioritizing, etc..

What do you dislike?

Some of the features do not work to its full extent.

More in terms of scheduling we are able to utilize the programs. I think the scheduling features are extremely advantageous.

"Operation Management"

What do you like best?

Dashboard of use, interaction with Linux

What do you dislike?

No joined screen of both Windows and Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For large organizations, governments and diverse onprem resources mixed with cloud servers it proves very useful to see a snapshot of environment.

Daily review of operational status.

Microsoft OMS review by Lauren T.
Lauren T.

"Best Platform for Software as a Service "

What do you like best?

Microsoft's usual easy-to-use, smooth UI while being incredibly powerful and efficient

What do you dislike?

From what I have experienced, there are not really any things I dislike

Managing the ever-present cloud and on-prem systems in one place, getting invaluable insights and being able to respond to potential threats faster.

Microsoft OMS review by Kwame D.
Kwame D.

"Microsoft operations review"

What do you like best?

I like using their website to do Microsoft word and other programs.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I disliked about the Microsoft operations suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

using it more often would recommend it to other consumers and customers.

Working with my software and using it frequently to do certain projects

Microsoft OMS review by Guljeet S.
Guljeet S.

"Micrsoft Management Suite"

What do you like best?

It helps me in performing the day to day tasks in an easy manner. It handles every operation easily.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing in the microsoft suite to dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

They should be using this professionally by using all of its features.

we are creating microsoft excel reports using our projects and exporting them to business folks

Microsoft OMS review by Paulo R.
Paulo R.

"Very good"

What do you like best?

Microsoft products are very good. Visual Studio, for example, offers a framework and a programming environment that stimulates development, apart from having optimal tools.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes programs crash, but occasional bug fixes address this problem.

I am developing software for the city hall of my city, and so far it serves well.

Microsoft OMS review by Brooke D.
Brooke D.

"Easy navigation "

What do you like best?

I can write documents, email and make spreadsheets in one locations

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's send automatic crash reports. That means it's not working properly and needs bugs fixed.!

Ability to share documents and spreadsheets to help my team see my Vison.

Microsoft OMS review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Student and analystic"

What do you like best?

Learn about new technologies,

Machinho learning and data Analysis.

What do you dislike?

Stay in hot place is really boring and put me deep.

Working with SQL server database learning about discovery data and model analítics insights

Microsoft OMS review by Gina G.
Gina G.

"Microsoft Office Review"

What do you like best?

Many different applications so that means a lot of versatile functions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the programs can overwhelming amount of features.

We have been able to have better organization and we have a lot better of a system for maintaining project history.

Microsoft OMS review by Anastasiia B.
Anastasiia B.

"All good"

What do you like best?

Quality, stability, easy to find features.

What do you dislike?

A bit too heavy to start on lower productivity PCs.

Team management, test plan creation and sharing.

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Operations manager "

What do you like best?

That I am able to log in and see a comprehensive list of what I have and also what I have in use threw out my orginization.

What do you dislike?

How complicated it is to get to certain views if list and the technical names used in portions of it.

Being able to see what I have available and see where my needs are for each annual true up is Vitil for budgeting purposes.

Microsoft OMS review by Lindsay S.
Lindsay S.

"Overall Pleased"

What do you like best?

Ability to gain insights immediately, all in one dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Not the most intuitive but easy to pick up once I learned.

Keeps all of our logs in one place, which is really helpful.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Cloud Service to manage IT operations"

What do you like best?

It was really easy to setup and allows you to gain visibility across workloads, giving customers all the information needed on what’s happening in the environment

What do you dislike?

You had to upgrade to the E2 suite in order to access features for security and compliance, backups, and site recovery which costs a bit more.

We've been able to drive security across every area of the organization, delivering sophisticated threat intelligence capabilities, malware detection, and information on how systems may have been compromised

Microsoft OMS review by Joshua W.
Joshua W.

"Great Ops Management Solution"

What do you like best?

I like the well developed management packs that make setting up metrics simple.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be freshened up to provide a better user experience.

Monitoring of the Full Infrastructure stack.

Microsoft OMS review by Bree K.
Bree K.

"Microsoft Operations Management Suite works great"

What do you like best?

I like how it helps to keep me organized throughout the day

What do you dislike?

I think it could be a little more intuitive for users

It has helped to keep my daily tasks organized

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Operations Management never so easy"

What do you like best?

easy and reliable azure services with all-in one management

What do you dislike?

Azure service costing and other IT infrastructure maintenance cost is high

Recommendations to others considering the product

good to use operations management which helps in maintaining security for all computers with the good alert system

SQL assessment and Security check played important role for organization all computers now secure with the alert of missing patches and all

Microsoft OMS review by Nicholas F.
Nicholas F.

"Awesome products "

What do you like best?

Amazing Productivity with a minimalist amount of work

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike about it

We are benefiting by being organized and productive

Microsoft OMS review by Colleen K.
Colleen K.

"Once you learn the basics, it is easily to operate "

What do you like best?

You can manipulate it to do any project.

What do you dislike?

The layout could be more user friendly.

I am solving a lot of internal problems to make the company run more effectively.

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator

"Great kit for the office"

What do you like best?

Simple easy and the integration to keeping the systems in order is so simple that even a monkey could keep track

What do you dislike?

setup, its hard to get everything running the way you want. took us 6 months

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it and spend the time to learn how to use it

once you do that there will be no worries on taking it up through the whole company

keeping track of hardware

"Good so far"

What do you like best?

I liked how easy it was to set up. I also like that it gathers event logs, syslogs, performance counter data, and network traces and then it gives suggestions on how to improve. Not as clunky as some of the ones that our company has used in the past.

What do you dislike?

Interface can be worked on as it seems a little too busy.

Reporting snafus with high level data.

Microsoft OMS review by Consultant

"didn't care for M.O.M.S."

What do you like best?

I suppose if you like the windows OS and their byzantine interfaces and support process, but I really didn't care for it except for that when it ran on the windows box it was at least a stable application

What do you dislike?

Pretty much all of it. Hated the graphic interface, the in-application terminology

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have another option look into it

Management of operations

Microsoft OMS review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"microst"

What do you like best?

the whole program is an ease n life at work behind every desk is acsmart person

What do you dislike?

the back cost need to have the right sposor and tecnicians to get this afloat

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it i knows there is alot of reviewsout there but this is a great program

the facts and keeping up with all outstanding info thats needs safe keeping

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Works we’ll enough "

What do you like best?

The fact that we’re a MS shop and it integrates with our other applications

What do you dislike?

I’m not crazy about some of the features that are lacking. It’s doesn’t always give me the flexibility I need.

We use it to make better business decisions and keep operations more efficient.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"We use Microsoft for Outlook and for Microsoft Office "

What do you like best?

Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Microsoft Outlook Web 365 is TERRIBLE.

What do you dislike?

Outlook 365 is slow and unresponsive. Often times emails take 5 minutes to load and Outlook constantly has connection issues with our network.

The challenges with Outlook are system slowness, freezing and it does not stay connected to our network.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

MOMS covers all the bases-We're able to easily coordinate and get tasks accomplished because it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It's pretty straightforward. If there's ever an issue or question, the help desk is easy to contact and very helpful.

We analyze data and statistics. Since we're geographically scattered, this helps us keep everyone informed and share data simply.

Microsoft OMS review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"MOM review"

What do you like best?

Centralized and it helps to integrated cloud logs like OSM that is part of azure portal

What do you dislike?

It is expensive Microsoft product and window focused. Had to use red hat satellite for Linux operating systems

Centralized logging across on prem and cloud

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Enterprise level monitoring solution"

What do you like best?

One system, which enables you to monitor your infrastructure, all Microsoft products and *nix

What do you dislike?

May be difficult to monitor some specific features, but it's obvious that out-of-the-box it may require some tuning

Mostly monitoring Microsoft products, ability to see what's happening in the infrastructure in real-time

Microsoft OMS review by Executive Sponsor in Food & Beverages
Executive Sponsor in Food & Beverages

"Microsoft to monitor Microsoft"

What do you like best?

The management packs, includes the predefined metrics for many Microsoft products

What do you dislike?

The API for programming in a little bit complex and the creation of new reports required developer skills

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your licensing agreement with Microsoft , if system center suite is accesible don't hesitates to implementi g

IT business continuity

Microsoft OMS review by User in Financial Services

"Microsoft Operations Management Review"

What do you like best?

Allows users to analyze, explore and take a calculated action while managing security threats across various hybrid cloud platforms.

What do you dislike?

Have not explored the product enough to get to points of dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Interesting product that should be evaluated for use.

Manage multiple workspaces that do not have overlapping data.

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Not intuitive"

What do you like best?

It can do everything. From managing mobile devices, manage virtual network, patching and monitoring.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing is intuitive. There are a lot of features, but no

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are easier solutions out there.

Better controlling server and workstation updates.

Microsoft OMS review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"MS Operations Management Suite is great!"

What do you like best?

The ease of management is second to none.

What do you dislike?

the cost and the individual licenses are tough to maintain

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that people need to really understand what this can offer before they can justify the expense.

meetings, collaboration, shared work, working together.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"microsoft"

What do you like best?

It helps us to gain visibility and control across your hybrid cloud with simplified operations management and security which enhances the process. helps in solving the issues immediately.

What do you dislike?

nothing much to dislike since we use it to a less extent.

management

"Works ok "

What do you like best?

The search feature is pretty good, Dash boards . For auditing the server data - the Audit intelligence pack is very handy

What do you dislike?

Too much extra bundles and takes time to learn

Efficiency in project and collaboration , also Security

Microsoft OMS review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great Operation Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Great Management Operations tool which has a great and simple user-friendly UI.

What do you dislike?

Expensive in the Amount when used on large scale.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it more affordable for larger scale.

Customer and client relationship management tool.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Financial Services

"Efficient enough for everybody to use"

What do you like best?

It offered help and assistance if you have a particular issue.

What do you dislike?

Not enough resources as needed for work related reasons

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer more professional resources within suite edition

Managing assignments/tasks in dev ops team

Microsoft OMS review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Convenient when used as a package"

What do you like best?

The similarities between Microsoft products, which creates ease of use for frequent users.

What do you dislike?

The lack of functionality has caused me to use a few work-arounds

Microsoft Operations Management Suite has aided in multiple organizational and delivery-related tasks.

Microsoft OMS review by Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting
Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting

"Efficient reliable suite of products"

What do you like best?

Seamless and intuitive user experience

Super support features

Flexibility to use the product wherever whenever and from whichever device

What do you dislike?

Time to load the application

Crash frequency is high

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think of implementation time and cost before making decisions

Collaboration, project and communication

Microsoft OMS review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use. Useful to everyday work functions and actions "

What do you like best?

The compatibility and the features of each program

What do you dislike?

Upgrading each version to the next to see what has changed.

It is a useful tool for all associates across the company to help their work efforts succeed

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Wonderful software"

What do you like best?

I love being able to utilize Microsoft Office products at work to get things done efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Access doesn't have a web-based version yet.

I am able to manage different programs with Access.

Microsoft OMS review by Internal Consultant in Accounting
Internal Consultant in Accounting

"Microsoft OMS Review"

What do you like best?

The value that I like best about the Microsoft OMS is the Axure feature.

What do you dislike?

The part about OMS that I dislike is the sharing tools.

Problem solved: IT alignment issues

Benefit: Productivity

Microsoft OMS review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Happy with the Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Helped us to consolidate all our IT services into a more manageable single one

What do you dislike?

Our office was a little too small to benefit from some of the features

Consolidated our IT issues and solutions; ease of use

Microsoft OMS review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Awesome great features"

What do you like best?

Its great features coupled with ease of access which allows minimum manual involvement.

What do you dislike?

It's constant upgrade bothering me each after couple of days

Great with multiple team members across board and in different geographic areas

Microsoft OMS review by Executive Sponsor in Mining & Metals
Executive Sponsor in Mining & Metals

"Much better than other 3rd party tool"

What do you like best?

Native management suite, no overhead, easy to use, nice dish board. And alert.

What do you dislike?

Not free,Microsoft rep din’t Agreessive to present and free consult for the suite.

Azure cloud management

Microsoft OMS review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Good collaboration "

What do you like best?

I like most about this that it allows to collaborate and generate reports with no errors.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike in my day to day uses.

We are using it for recruitment services

Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Microsoft Operations"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use for team collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Ease of use could be worked on. Sometimes we have difficulty on boarding new members.

We use this for Business Analyst solutions.

"The only good option"

What do you like best?

Nothing else compares to this product! D

What do you dislike?

Some glitches cause difficulties or downtimes.

Our staretgy is outlines with our mission and vision. This product best maximises that potential.

"Microsoft"

What do you like best?

Microsoft is pretty user friendly in general which is nice.

What do you dislike?

It could be much more advanced and have more options in the future.

It is good for creating documents.

"Configurability"

What do you like best?

Easy to conifgure with a lot of flexibility

What do you dislike?

The initial setup was a bit more involved compared to other setups.

Server and services health monitoring

"Preferred system"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and ability to multitask on this platform

What do you dislike?

non apple compatible and less personalization available

User use across the board is easy and straightforward.

Microsoft OMS review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Reviews"

What do you like best?

Almost all the features of the office suite

What do you dislike?

Not many features apart from specific functionalities

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend it.

Very efficient multi product tool

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator in Government Relations
Administrator in Government Relations

"We love this product."

What do you like best?

User interface and the features available.

What do you dislike?

The price is a little high for our government budget

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

Productivity has increased, it makes things alot easier

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator

"Poor performance"

What do you like best?

Nothing it wasn't conducive to workflow or record keeping

What do you dislike?

Difficulty of integrating timeclock, project completion and progress

Record keeping

"Service management"

What do you like best?

Simplified, response faster to security threats.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such with this limited usage.

Banking applications, IT services

Microsoft OMS review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Brief"

What do you like best?

Software aspects and the simple interface

What do you dislike?

compatibility with other systems and legacy data

Help Desk

Learning about Microsoft Operations Management Suite?

* We monitor all Microsoft Operations Management Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.