Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Microsoft Outlook

(568 reviews)

Microsoft Outlook 2010, the premium business and personal e-mail management tool and calendar software to help you stay in touch.

Work for Microsoft Outlook?

Learning about Outlook?

Microsoft Outlook Reviews

Showing 576 Outlook reviews
Outlook review by Regina R.
Regina R.

"Microsoft Outlook - USER"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Microsoft Outlook is the ease of use. I use Microsoft Outlook on a daily basis for work. I go through thousands of emails a week and love the ease of finding specific emails that I may need and the ease of organizing my mailbox with folders. I love that I can send appointment reminders, share calendar invites, keep my contacts all in one place and even put together a task list for daily motivation. I love that I can access my flagged items and that they appear on the side for easy viewing. I appreciate being able to customize the colors of the backgrounds and be able to change it based on my mood with a single click of the button.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Microsoft Outlook is the speed of recalling an email. While I am not one hundred percent sure that this is a Microsoft Outlook issue, the times that I have used this feature, possibly 9 times out of 10, I was not able to recall and the recipient had seen it. It's not a huge deal, but it's something that has been done enough times for me to remember.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a business looking for a platform for emails, check out Microsoft Outlook.

What business problems are you solving with using Microsoft Outlook... I think the main thing that I would focus on is that many and most all large businesses use Microsoft Outlook for their emails. It is probably the most secure for the amount of emails that are sent through daily.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Outlook
Outlook review by Rachel  A.
Rachel A.

"Default and Adequate Software, Unexpected glitches"

What do you like best?

I love the interface where you can switch from calendar to email, and that the third tab is a task list created by flagging important emails and assigning them a due date+time. I like being able to see the schedules for the people I meet with when they share their availability, and the notifications that I get when a scheduled meeting intersects with anything on a participant's calendar

What do you dislike?

The calendar and repeat scheduling features unfortunately leave a lot to be desired. When moving locations or changing any detail about an event, it can appear that the entire series is cancelled to the invite list, but the coordinator/owner of the event cannot see it. Sending out reminders and notes to the entire attendee group is also not very intuitive, and often times the recipients recieve different messages than the one the sender can see.

Microsoft outlook provides my entire email service, task management, and calendar+timeline planning for my jon

What Calendar solution do you use?

Outlook review by Creig N.
Creig N.

"A standard but could use a refresh"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I do like about the program, is that it is a trusted name. There is a lot of stability in the platform and it is still very intuitive and easy to adopt.

What do you dislike?

While a stable platform, little has been changed in this application. I think there are tremendous opportunities for this product to help users get to the ultimate goal of "inbox zero". The search and indexing features do sometimes make it hard to quickly fin data within the application and I really wish there were some better AI used in categorizing items within the application. Outlook could be a great tool for newer users to learn some great skills in digital communication and calendaring, but instead they have relied on the same old same old, with little change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I actually prefer Google products when it comes to Email, calendaring and task management. I think those platforms offer a little bit better indexing and integration into other services.

Currently I use this platform for email, task management, and calendaring. We do have the add ins for room scheduling, but we are still looking for a more robust and user friendly solution.

Outlook review by Celeste B.
Celeste B.

"Recommending Microsoft Outlook"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Outlook is the quality needed for the professional business I work for. Love that it's professional and easy to use on my PC and my mobile phone. There are many options for setting up your mail, calendar, contacts, including advanced settings to your business needs and personal likes.

What do you dislike?

I am not 100% happy with the new look and themes that have recently came out with the upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a high quality email and calendar software for either business or personal needs, Microsoft Outlook will satisfy that need.

It is important for me to be in contact with my clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and Microsoft Outlook makes this possible most of the time. Our business is run by emails, so depending on a great email exchange is crucial and Microsoft Outlook has given me that security even when I am not at my desk.

Outlook review by Hunter B.
Hunter B.

"Microsoft Outlook - The Gold Standard in Mail Clients"

What do you like best?

The best part about Outlook is the organization of it all. With each release of a newer program, they stick to adding things in to help keep you organized, such as color coding emails from certain senders, or the task list.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, certain errors come up that are not clearly evident what the issue is. Many times it's cloud related, but you have no way of knowing. I wish there was some type of service status window inside Outlook that you could click on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many email clients out there, which are just fine. However, Outlook is pretty much the "gold standard" that I stated in my title, when it comes to email. The invite functions are pretty much standard across all different sorts of users, from business to personal email. If you are using something else, you are missing out on a plethora of features, from task management, to rules based routing of emails. You are just not going to find that in something like "Thunderbird" from Mozilla.

Communication via email the major thing we are resolving, along with organizing tasks.

"Excellent Mail Application"

What do you like best?

I like that Microsoft Outlook allows me to access my work email from home. I use a MAC at home and I actually do not like the normal mail application. I have found that outlook allows for me to incorporate all of my emails, whether it be work, home, or professional email accounts.

What do you dislike?

At least on the MAC application of outlook, it looks a little outdated. I think the user interface needs a new upgrade to make the product look like its from 2018.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Microsoft Outlook for you work emails. It will allow for everyone to stay up to date with all things related to work, while out of the office.

Microsoft Outlook allows for me to log into my work email from home while off of work servers. This comes in handy when I need to respond to important emails out of work hours.

Outlook review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Simple"

What do you like best?

I get a lot of emails from our distribution network and this program allows great organization of emails, as well as automation of sorting these emails into the correct locations. I really like the ability to customize emails in a personal way. It's simple to set up a signature for all of your emails, including adding a picture to your signature. I also like that the program checks your email addresses you're inputting, this allows for less mistakes in sending emails to the wrong people.

What do you dislike?

If you aren't constantly using the program it can lag on refreshing it. I generally am using multiple programs at a time and outlook generally sits in the background of my other programs. If I don't check it every so often it can take a bit longer for it to update the e-mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend looking into the settings of this program. There are many unique features that will allow you to change almost anything inside it. The forums are a great help when you're struggling to get anything to work.

We've used this product to keep in touch with our distributors all over the world. It's allowed easy access to many different avenues for us. It's quick, simple, and very easy to use. The integration of outlook on our phones allows on the go access to emails as well. Since some of our workers work from home occasionally it can be easier to get in touch with them this way.

Outlook review by Morgan M.
Morgan M.

"Broadly used corporate email platform for good reason"

What do you like best?

Outlook has many settings - my favorites are to add a signature at the end of your email, set an away response,, set up specific email folders and to flag important emails. I have the ability to access this on my mobile as well, which allows for numerous notification options. I like when it vibrates when I get a new email, for awareness and to stay connected.

The events calendar is also integrated with your phone, and will send you notifications (if you set it up) of meetings, etc, that you have scheduled for the day. I never forget anything anymore!

New favorite feature: Outlook can now warn a user replying to an email if they were blind copied, so they can choose not to reply to everyone but only the sender.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit as far as how many emails/space I can have in my inbox. I then have to delete emails, my sent emails, and/or the trash bin to free up space. If I need to save certain email chains, I recommend that you make a "personal" folder connected to your desktop computer space saving. However, this is not accessible on mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook has been working for years to constantly improve it's features, and with each update they definitely do that.

Communication is more than crucial in any business environment. This allows for unlimited communication of policy changes, reminders, and leader memos to be sent company wide. This connects all of our employees on a global scale.

Outlook review by Mirela C.
Mirela C.

"Outlook is my favourite email software"

What do you like best?

Fast access to preview of attachments. I like this especially for pictures or documents -you can review the attachments and select what you prefer to save or forward to someone else. I also like that I can add a reminder on an email and the entire content is pulled out when I need to refer to it. I like how easily notifications can be snoozed or dismissed without actually getting into the calendar.

What do you dislike?

No on-line access to email and calendar (I have them downloaded locally). It is a bit hard to find features in settings. I only use the Outlook Calendar for reminders -this is not my main calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you learn how to use as many as features as possible. I find out that most of the time I am required to take fast action and stick to the basics, whitout allocating sufficient time to learn new things about the software I use. As with any software, the more you know about it, the more you can increase work productivity.

Use it to communicate with clients and business partners, and for advertising. Also use it for filling on dedicated project folders for easy reference.

It is user friendly and I like the interface. Easy categorized emails provide fast searches. All translating in time saving.

Outlook review by Carrie C.
Carrie C.

"Good software - they made great improvements"

What do you like best?

Conversation feature to group email conversation threads is very helpful. Flagging options and colour coding of emails and categories is one of the best features for organizing email and calendar items.

Larger files are able to be attached than most other email software. It also lets you import social media contacts straight into your address book. It also automatically saves contact information from sent and received email messages, so you don’t have to manually enter them.

What do you dislike?

Outlook is a bit confusing to set up and use because of its numerous options.

You cannot create smart folders, flags, or rules that "learn" by example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a lot better than when it first came out. I was not a lover of Outlook and did not want to switch but have to say that I do really like the product now.

There are a lot of options for coding emails and calendar items by category, by flagging, folders, sub folders, by colour coding etc.

Outlook review by Bettyanne M.
Bettyanne M.

"Simplistic and very user friendly. "

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple. I never have any issues with sending or receiving. I can access my work email remotely. I can set up a vacation notification when I will not be available. Setting up signatures if multiple are needed, it is easy to add more than 1.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints with this email program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is truly an easy office email client.

The benefits I have are that I can see the people I work with and see if they are available, away or if they are out. I an able to search the database for people and can add them directly into the "to" area. I also love the fact that it integrates my calendar and sends me reminders for important things.

Outlook review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"Much improved, but archaic when compared to superior options as GMAIL"

What do you like best?

Decent amount of storage, basic e-mail functionality, intuitive to use and fully compatible with mostly every device either by webpage or standalone app.

Full integration with Microsoft's Windows and office software. It has been around longer than mostly everyone of the known alternatives.

What do you dislike?

Archaic, slow to catch up, had it not been because I've been using it since 1997 and have a gazillion contacts and old emails I would have abandoned a decade ago at least.

Smaller available storage when compared to similar options.

Insecure, my account has been hacked twice since I created the email (managed to recover it both times)

Always playing catch up in features but never up to par, the UI while better than it used, still leaves a lot to be desired.

Forced integration with other Microsoft apps like Skype which somehow ends up signing online without asking me everytime I open the hotmail email.

Atrocious spam filter that lets everything through and sometimes blocks needed email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just avoid it and get GMAIL instead.

I have used it for 21 years for all types of home, personal, school and business communications.

Outlook review by Lisa D.
Lisa D.

"outlook is the most used exchange around"

What do you like best?

outlook has so many features that you can use. The calender is the best, invites and reminders that you can have alert you on your cell phone. Its easy to acess outlook mail from your mobile devices. I love the rule features so you can really customize how you want your outlook to function for you.

What do you dislike?

i dont like when i run into a problem that even google cant help with. as in a rule is set to delay mail for 5 minutes from being sent so i can edit or add things if needed but now when i edit it freezes the rule and i am having trouble finding out why

Recommendations to others considering the product

i love outlook and how many options i have to customize my inbox, sort, organize and set rules. Being able to get meeting invites out and replies recorded is so much less stress in my life.

meeting! being able to invite, keep track and get reminded is the best for us. the instant window when a new email arrives is also nice so you can preview what came in without opening unless needed.

Outlook review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"Great for Organizing Emails, But Not As User Friendly As Google"

What do you like best?

Clumping emails together based on the subject line is extremely helpful for getting organized. I also really enjoy the way it integrates with Outlook Calendar. Receiving emails of calendar invites and the ability to respond within that email instead of solely through Calendar is great!

What do you dislike?

i wish it was easier to drop photos or screenshots or gifs into emails. Instead of just drag and dropping, you have to do so many more steps to include a snapshot, not an attachment, to an email. And don't even try sending gifs to teammates - it doesn't support them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook is a great email and calendar tool. If you buy into the entire Microsoft360 plan, it's definitely worth it and integrates extremely well. It's not quite as easy to navigate as Google Drive/Gmail, but once you get used to it, it's a great asset!

The integration with Outlook Calendar, Skype for Business and Sharepoint are extremely helpful. We're able to use it in our agency setting and have all of our information in one place. Outlook, along with it's supported apps such as Skype for Business, are critical in keeping up with communication between our team members and clients.

Outlook review by Kasey B.
Kasey B.

"User for years, won't switch from Outlook!"

What do you like best?

Outlook is such an easy email platform to use, whether you are on the app or you are on a web browser. There are so many features that are really easy to use. It makes it easy for you to save and find anything you could be looking for in your account.

What do you dislike?

It was a little tough at first for me to figure out a couple of the things (like that I have to be on the web browser to set an automatic reply), but once I figure it out, it made it really easy to use.

I use email every day for my job. As things have turned more digital, it has made it easy for me to get information and advertisements to clients and potential clients.

Outlook review by Kelly A.
Kelly A.

"Great mail system that is user friendly"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the singular uniformity across all of Microsoft Office products. All of the systems are similar in structure and function, making it easy to move from one platform to another.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes at the time. I believe my specific issues are due to management permissions, not a software problems. My system is not set up for autofill, which can be a pain when sending inter office communications to common/recent senders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend taking advantage of all trainings provide for Outlook. There are several functions that create time saving short cuts in the system.

Outlook provides a centralized email systems that is syncs well with all of my other systems and platforms. It is user friendly and intuitive.

Outlook review by Dustin K.
Dustin K.

"I like it better than other email services for work related projects. "

What do you like best?

Easy to make folders, and it splits the UI into 3 sections so I can organize my folders quickly and effortlessly. If you use any other office program then this will be easy to operate. It was easy for my company to setup for our needs.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that was really difficult to use or difficult to customize. I dislike the new look, however my company uses the old style which i'm very happy with. The new look is very confusing and too flashy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most powerful and easiest to use email software I have ever used. I'm sure it has it's limits and faults, however I have not ran into any of them.

We use outlook for all company related emails.

Outlook review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"Great software "

What do you like best?

I like that you can keep up with your calendar ,task to do, and all of your contacts in one place. The follow up option is a great feature to remind you to follow up on a task. I use the task function to keep up with all of the things I have to accomplish during the week and it really helps to keep me organized! It is also convenient to be able to keep up with all of my contacts in one place so I do not have to search for them when I need them. I also like that I can keep up with my calendar on the same software and do not have to keep up with a planner!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint l that have is that it is a little hard to learn however with lots practice it becomes fairly easy to pick up on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to keep you organized on tasks, emails, and keep your calendar organized. I highly recommend this software if you are looking to make a switch!

I am able to keep all of my contacts in one place and keep up with task that I need to do throughout the day. It keeps me organized.

Outlook review by User

"Standard and a great choice"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create automatic replies on my emails, set a certain date, time, and for how long. I also enjoy using the categorize and Follow Up options when it comes to emails. I have created multiple folders in my Outlook, to reflect what project I'm working on. The process of creating folders is such a great idea, since I receive many emails during the day. The next functionality that is fun to mess with is personalizing what you want to see when Outlook opens. I have my calendar and My todo list on the right side of my outlook, this provides a quick glance of what my day is going to be without opening the entire calendar itself.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, my outlook will freeze. Not sure why but it can get annoying. This doesn't happen on a regular basis though, but when it does. It's frustrating.

Connecting with my colleagues and customers.

Outlook review by HOANG N.
HOANG N.

"Make my daily work life so much easier"

What do you like best?

Outlook is a reliable app when it comes to email communication and management. I can sort, flag, mark, organize my daily (approximately 100 emails per day) into folders and with a reminder to help me keep up with a deadline. The version I am using also provides grammar check and word prediction. I also use Gmail as a personal mailbox but Outlook is definitely my choice for professional business.

What do you dislike?

I wish they can make the display more minimalistic. The Calendar seems ok but the sometimes it looks very messy with many alerts and events showing with too many different colors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Microsoft Outlook to professionals who want to have a great tool for their work life. I also use Gmail as a personal mailbox but Outlook is definitely my choice for professional business.

I can sort, flag, mark, organize my daily (approximately 100 emails per day) into folders and with a reminder to help me keep up with a deadline. The version I am using also provides grammar check and word prediction. It helps a lot with writing etiquette.

Outlook review by User

"Easy to use email software "

What do you like best?

Widely used and simple email software that integrates perfectly with the rest of the Mircosoft Office Suite. Numerous personalization and notification options, both on the desktop and mobile version of the software. I can create multiple customized signatures, set up an out of office message, change my default font settings, develop a folder filing system and rules for each folder, create tasks and deadlines for them. and seamlessly manage my calendar.

What do you dislike?

There are a ton of features to this software but it is difficult to intuitively know how to access them. for instance, to insert a pdf image into an email, you need to know to look for the "object" drop-down menu. It can be difficult and time-consuming to create or manage mail rules for folders.

I share access to calendars, set up appointments, send professional emails, manage tasks from these emails, and use it to organize myself and my team.

Outlook review by Praveen D.
Praveen D.

"Awesome Experience With MS Outlook. "

What do you like best?

I am MS Outlook 2016 user since 2012 and I think this a best desktop-based email client. The best feature of MS Outlook is its working capability without using the internet. I am highly recommending to all email account users to configure an account with Outlook. MS Outlook 2016 is one of the best version of all editions. I really appreciate.

What do you dislike?

The MS Outlook always works for me an outstanding level. I have nothing to say against it.

The main benefit of the software – we can always open email account without connectivity of the internet. When we need to get previous mail or attachment then we can easily get back anytime.

Outlook review by Bri A.
Bri A.

"I learn something new about outlook weekly"

What do you like best?

I love that outlook has an integration into virtually every business product I use. From my CRM, company chat, virtual meeting, scheduling, marketing, and more - all fit into outlook.

What do you dislike?

While very likely my PC's fault, I tend to have to restart my outlook every week or so because of updates or outlook crashing, so that can be a bummer, but it tends to be 30 seconds to a minute maximum. Just enough time to grab a coffee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I would recommend taking an outlook class. It seems absurd to have to take a class on your email/calendar/task software, but Outlook can do so many things that I didn't know it could do, and I think for me at least, I could benefit from taking an outlook class yearly.

It makes tracking communication really easy. I'm a big fan (and user) of all of the tasks and folder capabilities, and I very much appreciate that you can set up rules to automatically tag things or send them to different folders.

Outlook review by haley c.
haley c.

"Great for organization"

What do you like best?

I use Microsoft Outlook for Email, keeping all of my contacts in my address book, and managing my calendar. I just started using Outlook and I found that it was very easy to begin using. I really like that I am able to invite others to appointments and meetings on my calendar as well as seeing others' calendars. It is nice to see where they are if they cannot be found.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that I dislike is that the program looks slightly outdated. However, I still throughly enjoy using Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize additional training if there is anything you're confused about or need extra help with.

We have solved people accidentally overlapping meetings or appointments because we can invite them to something and the program will notify them if they have a conflicting appointment. People are less often for forget about something that they have programmed into their calendar because they are notified of the appointment before.

Outlook review by Eddy T.
Eddy T.

"great communcation tool"

What do you like best?

A great resource for communicating effectively and sending large files. The meeting feature is very productive since it automatically adds it to the calendar and blocks off the time you accepted. The voting button with the meeting is extremely beneficial because it allows for tracking. It certainly helps to be organized and prepared for meetings.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about ths product and find it extremely helpful. At times it could be slow and messages are not sent but it may be other people's mailboxes that may be full. The only thing is there are quite a couple of steps to add an attachment to the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to organize yourself and ability to share calendars with your team. It is great with Skype for Business as your status changes according to your meetings and you can create chats from a meeting invite. They work great together.

Sending secure and encrypted emails is a great feature whenevr you are sending information you need more security. Additionally, setting up meetings and having everyone's attendance helps for planning an agenda and other issues.

Outlook review by Patrick H.
Patrick H.

"Versitile and Reliable Program"

What do you like best?

I've been a user of Microsoft Outlook for many years and I what I like most about it is that it continues to expand and adapt to technology, integrate its compatibility with other programs and add new features. Its growing features continue to make it a good and reliable program. I also like that it is accessible from the internet. So, you don't have to have the program downloaded in order to access your Microsoft Outlook account. As long as you have the internet, you are able to access almost all of the program features.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much about Microsoft Outlook that I can say that I dislike. This is such a good program, my dislikes get down to very little things. For example, the font color tool doesn't have the eyedropper tool that allows you to pick any other color in the program out and begin to use that color without having to know the exact color codes. This would be convenient when there is an exact color that needs to be used for company marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Microsoft Outlook for one email accounts or to access all of your email accounts in one place. The program allows you to have multiple emails connected at the same time, which is great for when you're responsible for more than one email account. I also recommend Microsoft Outlook for its calendar and scheduling capabilities - not only does it make it easy to manage your own calendar, but you're also able to view other users/coworkers calendars. The calendars allow you to customize what details are visible to other users.

Microsoft Outlook has solved many business problems. For example, I am able to access it via the world wide web from any location. I also enjoy its calendar and scheduling features. With scheduling, I'm able to view the schedule the people that I need to invite to a meeting in order to find a date and time that works for everyone.

Outlook review by Carlos M.
Carlos M.

"Herramienta para la gestión de correo"

What do you like best?

Este programa te permite organizar el correo con carpetas personalizadas con el fin de encontrar fácilmente los correos electrónicos que recibas o mandes.

Es muy útil cuando trabajas con diferentes proyectos y tienes que guardarlos en apartados diferenciados, permitiendo obtener el correo que buscas muy rápido.

What do you dislike?

Es un programa con un aspecto antiguo, quizás una versión más moderna, con más personalización del entorno haría que fuese más atractivo y más sencillo de utilizar, si por ejemplo se pudieran poner colores a las carpetas de cada uno de los proyectos en los que trabajas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal para organizar tus correos, organizar tus reuniones, tener un listado de contactos y estar siempre conectado.

Te permite tener a tus contactos guardados con fichas, organizar el correo, estar siempre conectado y en el momento que llega un correo te salta un aviso, además tiene un calendario para fijar reuniones, aunque no lo suelo utilizar

Outlook review by Faith C.
Faith C.

"Easy Lay Out"

What do you like best?

They lay our is my favorite part, at first I was skeptical but it is easy to use. I can communicate with customers through email, set reminders on the calendar in the program and can stay organized. It makes tracking communication really easy.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is the lay out of the folders. The folders are hard to organize and place where you want, you drag and drop and sometimes it seems to be easy to merge my folders together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccomend this to othe companies to use. The email and calendar are easy to use and help you keep up with daily tasks.

Outlook review by Amanda W.
Amanda W.

"Easy to use organization for email"

What do you like best?

My primary use for Outlook is for work, and managing different aspects and groups at work is necessary. The ease in creating folders, groups for mass emailing, removing members from groups, and the mobile version of Outlook makes keeping up with emails not a chore.

I also like that each email is its own entity in Outlook. You are still able to see the chain of emails, but you can simply just delete the email you are reading, not the entire chain. Some email programs delete the entire conversation.

What do you dislike?

Attaching docs/photos while using the mobile version is tedious. There are at least 5 steps until you actually attach the file, where the desktop version automatically opens your file folders.

Email organization is one of the key functions I use with Outlook. I keep track of multiple non-profit groups, interns, events, ect.

Along with emails, our non-profit uses the calendar to schedule all time off, events, ect. for the entire department. This universal calendar makes it easy to plan vacations, personal time off, keeping track of overtime, and seeing the year at a glance.

Outlook review by Meghan M.
Meghan M.

"Slow but gets the job done."

What do you like best?

Pros are that I can easily find my coworkers in our contacts database. I can add events to my calandar and there are several add-ons if I felt the need to use them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it seems to lag a lot. I'll get a notification for an email and it freezes, then it takes forever to load, that's if it doesn't crash.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be a great product if it did crash constantly.

When I log into my company computer, sometimes it says I need to log in with my password. That's something I should never have to do and then I have to call IT, which is never fun. It usually happens when I have to be on a conference call and can't pull up my time-sensitive emails with the code that I need to use to dial in.

Outlook review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Outlook is a great tool to have in the office"

What do you like best?

Outlook has a very streamlined interface that is very easy to use and organize emails. We use it in our office and it's a very reliable email service. I like it because searching for emails is extremely easy and the entire software itself is great to use. Additionally, the calendar system, including sharing calendars, is very helpful when determining if others are busy, etc.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Outlook generally is a really great email service. The only thing that I may dislike with the software is that there are so many tabs and buttons sometimes it is hard to figure out what to use and how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Microsoft Outlook because it is a secure, reliable, and easy to use software for emails. Additionally, it connects your calendar as well and others can access it if they set it up that way.

By using Microsoft Outlook, we are able to not only save emails into our cloud system, but be able to use a reliable and easy email system between coworkers.

Outlook review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Outlook: necessary evil"

What do you like best?

I like the way the email and calendar in MS Outlook work together, and I don't mind the set ups for the calendar and inboxes. It works pretty smoothly across devices, too, with web-based and non-web interfaces.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of customizations available in Outlook. I also dislike how hard it is to use it in combination with other popular calendar and task management software. I have to use third-party tools to connect, for example, Google Calendar and Outlook, and that makes me crazy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it all possible, I'd try to use Outlook for everything, so you don't need to sync it to other tools. That's where it is the weakest.

MS Outlook is the email manager and calendar tool used by my entire company. The benefit of having everybody use it is standardization and easily scheduled meetings.

Outlook review by Dylan S.
Dylan S.

"Best business email manager"

What do you like best?

One of the features I enjoy most about Outlook is the ability to add multiple emails and show multiple calendars at the same time, this allows me to review calendars within our business to make sure an appointment is available.

What do you dislike?

Some features are limited depending upon what type of email account you have set up. IMAP will reduce the features compared to an Office 365 email. Other than that, the program is great.

I work in insurance, and this allows me to monitor multiple email accounts at the same time, which is necessary depending upon how someone may contact us.

Outlook review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Outlook = My Preferred Service Provider"

What do you like best?

I can only think of so many different pros that Outlook offers me and my colleagues. A lot of my correspondence at work takes place through Outlook. I am able to organize my e-mails/meetings/calendar in such a way that I cannot with any other e-mailing provider that Outlook has become one of the best tools I have at work when I focus on my time management.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Outlook especially now that I have mastered this program and use it all day throughout my work days. There are a lot of functions and a lot of different avenues in Outlook to assist us with our every day work duties and a lot of people are not aware of them or how to add them to their Outlook profiles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it!

Helping myself have better time management is one of my goals for 2018 in the workplace. I have found that I am able to save my own time by entering information into Outlook. I am also able to prioritize my e-mails with filtering and being able to identify e-mails that are more important then others I receive.

Outlook review by Amber C.
Amber C.

"Clean organized email program"

What do you like best?

This email program has an app that makes it very easy to switch between your personal and business email accounts. You just click between the two, no logging out of one and into another! Saves so much time. I also love how customizable the user face is on outlook emails web version, there are so many options of themes etc. just a small detail like that makes working a little more fun!

What do you dislike?

If you login to outlook email online it doesn’t give you the option to quickly switch between your personal and business email accounts. You have to log in and log out as you go. I wish they made the web version as user friendly as the app is.

Microsoft Outlook makes my day to day emails to my suppliers fast and efficient. It’s a very organized email option, I used to use gmail but outlook has won me over!

Outlook review by Alejandra C.
Alejandra C.

"Best Email Available"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Outlook is one of the best emails available. It is so easy to use and great for sharing, communicating, etc. It has more than one function and makes tasks extra easy!

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't found anything I really dislike about the product-except, on occasion it will just stop working and state "not responding" although nothing has been clicked.

At my workplace, we are solving the business problem of lacking communication. With the program, we are all able to be on the same page, and if need be, access others accounts.

Outlook review by User in Internet

"Easy to master, universally used. "

What do you like best?

Outlook has hundreds of features but all are incredibly easy to master and figure out. I really like the personalization aspect of outlook - there are a variety of ways to organize your inbox and calendar to your liking. For any hidden or confusing features, instructions on how to do things are easily found through a quick search on the software.

What do you dislike?

The platform is not as user-friendly as it could be. You may have to do a bit of digging to find the exact feature you're looking for and there are many things you might not know you could even do just by looking at and interacting with the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking the time to learn about all of the features Outlook has to offer first and seeing what matches with what you feel that you need most in an email/calendaring software. Seeking those features out on the front end will save you time learning how to use them down the road.

Outlook provides a way to effectively communicate with both internal and external individuals. While the external features are pretty standard, I found that communicating with individuals company-wide was made incredibly simple using Outlook.

Outlook review by Simone M.
Simone M.

"Mail, meetings & taks"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface but it includes everything you need for everyday activities. No better tools for managing mails, and the categorization feature helps to understand the issues of email at a glance. The tasks tab helps a lot in managing activities. The calendars are now fundamental in the management of meetings and appointments; integration with Skype for Business is a real added value.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes syncing with the microsoft exchange is freeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version: you will not go back, it simplifies your work.

It helps a lot in managing office activities. The mails are a fundamental business card in communications with customers and outlook allows them to be impeccable from every point of view.

Outlook review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Everything needed in one place!"

What do you like best?

I like how I can see what is going on for the day in the company. It is very easy to navigate through emails to find something. I like how it will remind you before an event is going to happen with a pop up box.

What do you dislike?

Not that I do not like it. I just think the extra window that pops up when you hit reply is not needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you will be happy with outlook. It is easy to learn and very easy to navigate around. You can link calendars that way you know what is going on in the different departments in you company. I love how you can find an old email pretty easily. You can store your most used contacts in the contact tab for easy access. You can also keep up with task that need to get done and add a due date so it will let you know when the task is getting near.

I am keeping up with when interviews are coming in and what meetings we have in the next couple of days. I keep up with events and anything we are doing in the community on my calendar. I am like how I can make folders and keep everything in a certain folder that way it is easy to access.

Outlook review by Angela O.
Angela O.

"Great for everyday use and organizing tasks and events"

What do you like best?

I love the calendar feature and that it can be synced across multiple platforms. I like the ease of organizing my emails into folders and the search feature to access old items. Contact book is great, and I can do all of my communicating, organizing, and planning in one place.

What do you dislike?

It's very hard to connect an Outlook account to a mobile phone as the setup is not intuitive and you need additional information such as server info that is not readily available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program for email and calendar management for a business. Everything is right there and it is very intuitive and easy to use and customize.

Keeping track of meetings, tasks, and events. Communication with community partners and participants, and daily reminders to keep me focused and to prevent letting things slip.

Outlook review by Lori W.
Lori W.

"Love Outlook! "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using Outlook and that I can access it remotely on my phone or from home if I am away from my work computer. I love the way the email is laid out and how easily I can organize my Inbox into sub-folders depending upon how I need each folder to function for me.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes, very much love everything about Outlook!

Recommendations to others considering the product

HIGHLY recommend! I've been using Outlook for over 10 years, with two different companies.

Shared work calendar. Remote access. Efficiency in organizing emails!

Outlook review by Alexis S.
Alexis S.

"I love Outlook- It is organized and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how I can set meetings with it and look at other people's calendars while trying to set meetings with them. I also just like the interface and think it looks very sleek. I am able to organize my calendar super easily on here, along with any information I need access to. It was very easy to learn how to use when I first started using it, and I did not really not any training on how to use it. Whenever a company I am working for has Outlook I am very happy because I know I will stay organized with all of the personalizing I can do with my account. I really do not think there is a better product on the market right now than this one.

What do you dislike?

Isn't that great with mobile devices and can freeze up/ send emails wrong sometimes while using them. It is also pretty costly but that is to be expected with Microsoft.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It is definitely the best on the market right now, and they own the market by a lot from what I have seen.

Having an organized schedule, e-mail list, and being able to set meetings in a time efficient way. It is also nice for having web meetings.

Outlook review by User in Information Technology and Services

"user and support analyst"

What do you like best?

the flexibility to integrate all your email accounts and integration with other applications such as teamviewer, social network contacts such as facebook, etc.

What do you dislike?

I have not been able to connect from my home the account of the work that is in exchange, you have to connect it 1st to the company network or via VPN, but via negative normal http.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it 100%, for the ease of management and configuration of your email accounts, as well as being able to synchronize your emails, calendar and contacts with your cell phone, where you are connected, answer your messages, which will be updated in both your computer as in the cell phone.

to be able to read the internal, external and personal emails, without having to open a web page with hotmail or gmail, and thus be able to be connected and up-to-date with the information sent to us. To be able to manage my synchronized agenda with my cell phone.

Outlook review by Michele M.
Michele M.

"Couldn't Do My Job Without Microsoft Outlook"

What do you like best?

I love that Outlook gives me the ability to keep everything completely organized. From my time to my emails, is it key to my daily life.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything that I don't like about Outlook. I use it all day every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Outlook to make your day to day life easier

I use Outlook for all of my meetings and appointments. It keeps me on time for meetings, flights, appointments...ect. I also color code it and keep all of my travel plans in my calendar, so they are easy to access. I then use it to organize my emails. It's a great way to keep things easily at my fingertips.

Outlook review by Lynelle E.
Lynelle E.

"Use it every day! "

What do you like best?

I like that Outlook has pretty intuitive email, contacts, and calendar. I use it all day, every day. I trust it to be accurate because I support a very busy executive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we can't use the reoccurring meeting feature anymore as Msft has discovered that the link between meetings sometimes "breaks" and causes meetings to disappear of calendars at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well 98% of the time. My only issue is that we can't use the reoccurring meetings feature anymore.

Keeping calendar/schedule for a super busy executive!

Send a couple of hundred emails per day.

Maintain contacts and group email distribution lists.

Outlook review by natureday .
natureday .

"Outlook is my best friend."

What do you like best?

I love opening my email int he morning and everything I need from the last several years is all right there. I can go back and look at other emails if a customer writes me something I don't understand. Just search and see what we were talking about. It's all organized and in one place.

What do you dislike?

The search could be improved, but for the most part I love everything about outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free program you will be hooked- then buy it!

Its freedom. I have 3 emails and they are all in one program. No typing in my password and usernames daily for 3 emails. It's all there. Each email program is listed in their own separate column and it's great!

Outlook review by Keriann P.
Keriann P.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

App is easy to use - able to access email, calendar on the phone. Also - able to view all emails, unread emails, focused folder, etc. Computer program also has lots of benefits - calendar is great, able to set up alerts to phone/computer when a meeting is about to start.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to quickly delete emails from inbox. Sometimes drafts will not show up between app/computer/website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the app and computer program - more features/easier to use than when using on a website.

Able to easily schedule meetings, confirm attendance with co-workers.

Outlook review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great Interactive Tool! "

What do you like best?

Being able to communicate quickly, stay up to date across devices, and plan coordinated meetings with colleagues.

What do you dislike?

So many options! Sometimes simplicity is important. The appearance can feel quite busy and chaotic when you're responding to emails and managing schedules all day. I would prefer an option that allowed me to quiet some of the visual chaos during the day so that I could focus on the tasks at hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just getting to know Outlook, take a tutorial or two and spend some time exploring and toying with the options. Encourage any staff members unfamiliar with it to do the same. Outlook is wonderful and has many unique communication tools. Take the time to learn, you'll be thankful you did!

Communication, communication, communication. I love that I can request read receipts and set and confirm meetings/ appointments with my staff. We are thankful for quick and efficient communication!

Outlook review by Leora W.
Leora W.

"Best System for a Company"

What do you like best?

I love that it is all in one place. You've got email, calendar, and contacts all accessible so that you don't need to open multiple programs. Organizing emails is very easy, and you can even link up your boss' email and calendar to your account, making it all very accessible. Outlook is there for all the assistants in the world.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there was an 'undo' button on emails. That has come in handy a lot with other email applications and it would prove helpful on Outlook as well. Also, sometimes I need to restart Outlook because it won't update my emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use. It is very comprehensive and perfect for a job that requires a lot of emailing, scheduling, and document transferring.

Benefits include: syncing calendars with co-workers, organizing emails by folders and multiple sub-folders, various tools for all my needs, and great customer service.

Outlook review by Anne T.
Anne T.

"Easily See All Your e-Mail Accounts In One Place!"

What do you like best?

I would simply be lost without Microsoft Outlook. As an online business owner, I have several e-mail accounts and need to be able to respond to all accounts as quickly and efficiently as possible. Also, the Outlook calendar is a very helpful tool, reminding me of appointments for the day.

What do you dislike?

If you don't delete e-mails off the server periodically, you will not be able to capture them on Microsoft Outlook. The system will stop delivering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to save time and become more efficient with handling multiple e-mail account, I recommend you take Microsoft Outlook for a spin. It isn't difficult to set up. If you are using Godaddy for your e-mail hosting, all of the settings are on the Godaddy platform to help you set up your e-mail accounts easily.

I am able to solve business problems by saving time, not having to login to multiple e-mail accounts to respond to customers. Saving time is a real benefit when you receive several e-mails a day and want to stay on top of things.

Learning about Microsoft Outlook?

* We monitor all Microsoft Outlook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.