Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook 2010, the premium business and personal e-mail management tool and calendar software to help you stay in touch.

Work for Microsoft Outlook?

Learning about Outlook?

Microsoft Outlook Reviews

Showing 532 Outlook reviews
Outlook review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Simple"

What do you like best?

I get a lot of emails from our distribution network and this program allows great organization of emails, as well as automation of sorting these emails into the correct locations. I really like the ability to customize emails in a personal way. It's simple to set up a signature for all of your emails, including adding a picture to your signature. I also like that the program checks your email addresses you're inputting, this allows for less mistakes in sending emails to the wrong people.

What do you dislike?

If you aren't constantly using the program it can lag on refreshing it. I generally am using multiple programs at a time and outlook generally sits in the background of my other programs. If I don't check it every so often it can take a bit longer for it to update the e-mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend looking into the settings of this program. There are many unique features that will allow you to change almost anything inside it. The forums are a great help when you're struggling to get anything to work.

We've used this product to keep in touch with our distributors all over the world. It's allowed easy access to many different avenues for us. It's quick, simple, and very easy to use. The integration of outlook on our phones allows on the go access to emails as well. Since some of our workers work from home occasionally it can be easier to get in touch with them this way.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Outlook
Outlook review by Morgan M.
Morgan M.

"Broadly used corporate email platform for good reason"

What do you like best?

Outlook has many settings - my favorites are to add a signature at the end of your email, set an away response,, set up specific email folders and to flag important emails. I have the ability to access this on my mobile as well, which allows for numerous notification options. I like when it vibrates when I get a new email, for awareness and to stay connected.

The events calendar is also integrated with your phone, and will send you notifications (if you set it up) of meetings, etc, that you have scheduled for the day. I never forget anything anymore!

New favorite feature: Outlook can now warn a user replying to an email if they were blind copied, so they can choose not to reply to everyone but only the sender.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit as far as how many emails/space I can have in my inbox. I then have to delete emails, my sent emails, and/or the trash bin to free up space. If I need to save certain email chains, I recommend that you make a "personal" folder connected to your desktop computer space saving. However, this is not accessible on mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook has been working for years to constantly improve it's features, and with each update they definitely do that.

Communication is more than crucial in any business environment. This allows for unlimited communication of policy changes, reminders, and leader memos to be sent company wide. This connects all of our employees on a global scale.

What Calendar solution do you use?

Outlook review by Mirela C.
Mirela C.

"Outlook is my favourite email software"

What do you like best?

Fast access to preview of attachments. I like this especially for pictures or documents -you can review the attachments and select what you prefer to save or forward to someone else. I also like that I can add a reminder on an email and the entire content is pulled out when I need to refer to it. I like how easily notifications can be snoozed or dismissed without actually getting into the calendar.

What do you dislike?

No on-line access to email and calendar (I have them downloaded locally). It is a bit hard to find features in settings. I only use the Outlook Calendar for reminders -this is not my main calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you learn how to use as many as features as possible. I find out that most of the time I am required to take fast action and stick to the basics, whitout allocating sufficient time to learn new things about the software I use. As with any software, the more you know about it, the more you can increase work productivity.

Use it to communicate with clients and business partners, and for advertising. Also use it for filling on dedicated project folders for easy reference.

It is user friendly and I like the interface. Easy categorized emails provide fast searches. All translating in time saving.

Outlook review by Carrie C.
Carrie C.

"Good software - they made great improvements"

What do you like best?

Conversation feature to group email conversation threads is very helpful. Flagging options and colour coding of emails and categories is one of the best features for organizing email and calendar items.

Larger files are able to be attached than most other email software. It also lets you import social media contacts straight into your address book. It also automatically saves contact information from sent and received email messages, so you don’t have to manually enter them.

What do you dislike?

Outlook is a bit confusing to set up and use because of its numerous options.

You cannot create smart folders, flags, or rules that "learn" by example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a lot better than when it first came out. I was not a lover of Outlook and did not want to switch but have to say that I do really like the product now.

There are a lot of options for coding emails and calendar items by category, by flagging, folders, sub folders, by colour coding etc.

Outlook review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"Much improved, but archaic when compared to superior options as GMAIL"

What do you like best?

Decent amount of storage, basic e-mail functionality, intuitive to use and fully compatible with mostly every device either by webpage or standalone app.

Full integration with Microsoft's Windows and office software. It has been around longer than mostly everyone of the known alternatives.

What do you dislike?

Archaic, slow to catch up, had it not been because I've been using it since 1997 and have a gazillion contacts and old emails I would have abandoned a decade ago at least.

Smaller available storage when compared to similar options.

Insecure, my account has been hacked twice since I created the email (managed to recover it both times)

Always playing catch up in features but never up to par, the UI while better than it used, still leaves a lot to be desired.

Forced integration with other Microsoft apps like Skype which somehow ends up signing online without asking me everytime I open the hotmail email.

Atrocious spam filter that lets everything through and sometimes blocks needed email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just avoid it and get GMAIL instead.

I have used it for 21 years for all types of home, personal, school and business communications.

Outlook review by Lisa D.
Lisa D.

"outlook is the most used exchange around"

What do you like best?

outlook has so many features that you can use. The calender is the best, invites and reminders that you can have alert you on your cell phone. Its easy to acess outlook mail from your mobile devices. I love the rule features so you can really customize how you want your outlook to function for you.

What do you dislike?

i dont like when i run into a problem that even google cant help with. as in a rule is set to delay mail for 5 minutes from being sent so i can edit or add things if needed but now when i edit it freezes the rule and i am having trouble finding out why

Recommendations to others considering the product

i love outlook and how many options i have to customize my inbox, sort, organize and set rules. Being able to get meeting invites out and replies recorded is so much less stress in my life.

meeting! being able to invite, keep track and get reminded is the best for us. the instant window when a new email arrives is also nice so you can preview what came in without opening unless needed.

Outlook review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"Great for Organizing Emails, But Not As User Friendly As Google"

What do you like best?

Clumping emails together based on the subject line is extremely helpful for getting organized. I also really enjoy the way it integrates with Outlook Calendar. Receiving emails of calendar invites and the ability to respond within that email instead of solely through Calendar is great!

What do you dislike?

i wish it was easier to drop photos or screenshots or gifs into emails. Instead of just drag and dropping, you have to do so many more steps to include a snapshot, not an attachment, to an email. And don't even try sending gifs to teammates - it doesn't support them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook is a great email and calendar tool. If you buy into the entire Microsoft360 plan, it's definitely worth it and integrates extremely well. It's not quite as easy to navigate as Google Drive/Gmail, but once you get used to it, it's a great asset!

The integration with Outlook Calendar, Skype for Business and Sharepoint are extremely helpful. We're able to use it in our agency setting and have all of our information in one place. Outlook, along with it's supported apps such as Skype for Business, are critical in keeping up with communication between our team members and clients.

Outlook review by Dustin K.
Dustin K.

"I like it better than other email services for work related projects. "

What do you like best?

Easy to make folders, and it splits the UI into 3 sections so I can organize my folders quickly and effortlessly. If you use any other office program then this will be easy to operate. It was easy for my company to setup for our needs.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that was really difficult to use or difficult to customize. I dislike the new look, however my company uses the old style which i'm very happy with. The new look is very confusing and too flashy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most powerful and easiest to use email software I have ever used. I'm sure it has it's limits and faults, however I have not ran into any of them.

We use outlook for all company related emails.

Outlook review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"Great software "

What do you like best?

I like that you can keep up with your calendar ,task to do, and all of your contacts in one place. The follow up option is a great feature to remind you to follow up on a task. I use the task function to keep up with all of the things I have to accomplish during the week and it really helps to keep me organized! It is also convenient to be able to keep up with all of my contacts in one place so I do not have to search for them when I need them. I also like that I can keep up with my calendar on the same software and do not have to keep up with a planner!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint l that have is that it is a little hard to learn however with lots practice it becomes fairly easy to pick up on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to keep you organized on tasks, emails, and keep your calendar organized. I highly recommend this software if you are looking to make a switch!

I am able to keep all of my contacts in one place and keep up with task that I need to do throughout the day. It keeps me organized.

Outlook review by Bri  A.
Bri A.

"I learn something new about outlook weekly"

What do you like best?

I love that outlook has an integration into virtually every business product I use. From my CRM, company chat, virtual meeting, scheduling, marketing, and more - all fit into outlook.

What do you dislike?

While very likely my PC's fault, I tend to have to restart my outlook every week or so because of updates or outlook crashing, so that can be a bummer, but it tends to be 30 seconds to a minute maximum. Just enough time to grab a coffee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I would recommend taking an outlook class. It seems absurd to have to take a class on your email/calendar/task software, but Outlook can do so many things that I didn't know it could do, and I think for me at least, I could benefit from taking an outlook class yearly.

It makes tracking communication really easy. I'm a big fan (and user) of all of the tasks and folder capabilities, and I very much appreciate that you can set up rules to automatically tag things or send them to different folders.

Outlook review by haley c.
haley c.

"Great for organization"

What do you like best?

I use Microsoft Outlook for Email, keeping all of my contacts in my address book, and managing my calendar. I just started using Outlook and I found that it was very easy to begin using. I really like that I am able to invite others to appointments and meetings on my calendar as well as seeing others' calendars. It is nice to see where they are if they cannot be found.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that I dislike is that the program looks slightly outdated. However, I still throughly enjoy using Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize additional training if there is anything you're confused about or need extra help with.

We have solved people accidentally overlapping meetings or appointments because we can invite them to something and the program will notify them if they have a conflicting appointment. People are less often for forget about something that they have programmed into their calendar because they are notified of the appointment before.

Outlook review by Eddy T.
Eddy T.

"great communcation tool"

What do you like best?

A great resource for communicating effectively and sending large files. The meeting feature is very productive since it automatically adds it to the calendar and blocks off the time you accepted. The voting button with the meeting is extremely beneficial because it allows for tracking. It certainly helps to be organized and prepared for meetings.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about ths product and find it extremely helpful. At times it could be slow and messages are not sent but it may be other people's mailboxes that may be full. The only thing is there are quite a couple of steps to add an attachment to the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to organize yourself and ability to share calendars with your team. It is great with Skype for Business as your status changes according to your meetings and you can create chats from a meeting invite. They work great together.

Sending secure and encrypted emails is a great feature whenevr you are sending information you need more security. Additionally, setting up meetings and having everyone's attendance helps for planning an agenda and other issues.

Outlook review by Patrick H.
Patrick H.

"Versitile and Reliable Program"

What do you like best?

I've been a user of Microsoft Outlook for many years and I what I like most about it is that it continues to expand and adapt to technology, integrate its compatibility with other programs and add new features. Its growing features continue to make it a good and reliable program. I also like that it is accessible from the internet. So, you don't have to have the program downloaded in order to access your Microsoft Outlook account. As long as you have the internet, you are able to access almost all of the program features.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much about Microsoft Outlook that I can say that I dislike. This is such a good program, my dislikes get down to very little things. For example, the font color tool doesn't have the eyedropper tool that allows you to pick any other color in the program out and begin to use that color without having to know the exact color codes. This would be convenient when there is an exact color that needs to be used for company marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Microsoft Outlook for one email accounts or to access all of your email accounts in one place. The program allows you to have multiple emails connected at the same time, which is great for when you're responsible for more than one email account. I also recommend Microsoft Outlook for its calendar and scheduling capabilities - not only does it make it easy to manage your own calendar, but you're also able to view other users/coworkers calendars. The calendars allow you to customize what details are visible to other users.

Microsoft Outlook has solved many business problems. For example, I am able to access it via the world wide web from any location. I also enjoy its calendar and scheduling features. With scheduling, I'm able to view the schedule the people that I need to invite to a meeting in order to find a date and time that works for everyone.

Outlook review by Carlos M.
Carlos M.

"Herramienta para la gestión de correo"

What do you like best?

Este programa te permite organizar el correo con carpetas personalizadas con el fin de encontrar fácilmente los correos electrónicos que recibas o mandes.

Es muy útil cuando trabajas con diferentes proyectos y tienes que guardarlos en apartados diferenciados, permitiendo obtener el correo que buscas muy rápido.

What do you dislike?

Es un programa con un aspecto antiguo, quizás una versión más moderna, con más personalización del entorno haría que fuese más atractivo y más sencillo de utilizar, si por ejemplo se pudieran poner colores a las carpetas de cada uno de los proyectos en los que trabajas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal para organizar tus correos, organizar tus reuniones, tener un listado de contactos y estar siempre conectado.

Te permite tener a tus contactos guardados con fichas, organizar el correo, estar siempre conectado y en el momento que llega un correo te salta un aviso, además tiene un calendario para fijar reuniones, aunque no lo suelo utilizar

Outlook review by Faith C.
Faith C.

"Easy Lay Out"

What do you like best?

They lay our is my favorite part, at first I was skeptical but it is easy to use. I can communicate with customers through email, set reminders on the calendar in the program and can stay organized. It makes tracking communication really easy.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is the lay out of the folders. The folders are hard to organize and place where you want, you drag and drop and sometimes it seems to be easy to merge my folders together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccomend this to othe companies to use. The email and calendar are easy to use and help you keep up with daily tasks.

Outlook review by Amanda W.
Amanda W.

"Easy to use organization for email"

What do you like best?

My primary use for Outlook is for work, and managing different aspects and groups at work is necessary. The ease in creating folders, groups for mass emailing, removing members from groups, and the mobile version of Outlook makes keeping up with emails not a chore.

I also like that each email is its own entity in Outlook. You are still able to see the chain of emails, but you can simply just delete the email you are reading, not the entire chain. Some email programs delete the entire conversation.

What do you dislike?

Attaching docs/photos while using the mobile version is tedious. There are at least 5 steps until you actually attach the file, where the desktop version automatically opens your file folders.

Email organization is one of the key functions I use with Outlook. I keep track of multiple non-profit groups, interns, events, ect.

Along with emails, our non-profit uses the calendar to schedule all time off, events, ect. for the entire department. This universal calendar makes it easy to plan vacations, personal time off, keeping track of overtime, and seeing the year at a glance.

Outlook review by Meghan M.
Meghan M.

"Slow but gets the job done."

What do you like best?

Pros are that I can easily find my coworkers in our contacts database. I can add events to my calandar and there are several add-ons if I felt the need to use them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it seems to lag a lot. I'll get a notification for an email and it freezes, then it takes forever to load, that's if it doesn't crash.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be a great product if it did crash constantly.

When I log into my company computer, sometimes it says I need to log in with my password. That's something I should never have to do and then I have to call IT, which is never fun. It usually happens when I have to be on a conference call and can't pull up my time-sensitive emails with the code that I need to use to dial in.

Outlook review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Outlook is a great tool to have in the office"

What do you like best?

Outlook has a very streamlined interface that is very easy to use and organize emails. We use it in our office and it's a very reliable email service. I like it because searching for emails is extremely easy and the entire software itself is great to use. Additionally, the calendar system, including sharing calendars, is very helpful when determining if others are busy, etc.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Outlook generally is a really great email service. The only thing that I may dislike with the software is that there are so many tabs and buttons sometimes it is hard to figure out what to use and how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Microsoft Outlook because it is a secure, reliable, and easy to use software for emails. Additionally, it connects your calendar as well and others can access it if they set it up that way.

By using Microsoft Outlook, we are able to not only save emails into our cloud system, but be able to use a reliable and easy email system between coworkers.

Outlook review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Outlook: necessary evil"

What do you like best?

I like the way the email and calendar in MS Outlook work together, and I don't mind the set ups for the calendar and inboxes. It works pretty smoothly across devices, too, with web-based and non-web interfaces.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of customizations available in Outlook. I also dislike how hard it is to use it in combination with other popular calendar and task management software. I have to use third-party tools to connect, for example, Google Calendar and Outlook, and that makes me crazy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it all possible, I'd try to use Outlook for everything, so you don't need to sync it to other tools. That's where it is the weakest.

MS Outlook is the email manager and calendar tool used by my entire company. The benefit of having everybody use it is standardization and easily scheduled meetings.

Outlook review by Dylan S.
Dylan S.

"Best business email manager"

What do you like best?

One of the features I enjoy most about Outlook is the ability to add multiple emails and show multiple calendars at the same time, this allows me to review calendars within our business to make sure an appointment is available.

What do you dislike?

Some features are limited depending upon what type of email account you have set up. IMAP will reduce the features compared to an Office 365 email. Other than that, the program is great.

I work in insurance, and this allows me to monitor multiple email accounts at the same time, which is necessary depending upon how someone may contact us.

Outlook review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Outlook = My Preferred Service Provider"

What do you like best?

I can only think of so many different pros that Outlook offers me and my colleagues. A lot of my correspondence at work takes place through Outlook. I am able to organize my e-mails/meetings/calendar in such a way that I cannot with any other e-mailing provider that Outlook has become one of the best tools I have at work when I focus on my time management.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Outlook especially now that I have mastered this program and use it all day throughout my work days. There are a lot of functions and a lot of different avenues in Outlook to assist us with our every day work duties and a lot of people are not aware of them or how to add them to their Outlook profiles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it!

Helping myself have better time management is one of my goals for 2018 in the workplace. I have found that I am able to save my own time by entering information into Outlook. I am also able to prioritize my e-mails with filtering and being able to identify e-mails that are more important then others I receive.

Outlook review by Amber C.
Amber C.

"Clean organized email program"

What do you like best?

This email program has an app that makes it very easy to switch between your personal and business email accounts. You just click between the two, no logging out of one and into another! Saves so much time. I also love how customizable the user face is on outlook emails web version, there are so many options of themes etc. just a small detail like that makes working a little more fun!

What do you dislike?

If you login to outlook email online it doesn’t give you the option to quickly switch between your personal and business email accounts. You have to log in and log out as you go. I wish they made the web version as user friendly as the app is.

Microsoft Outlook makes my day to day emails to my suppliers fast and efficient. It’s a very organized email option, I used to use gmail but outlook has won me over!

Outlook review by User in Internet

"Easy to master, universally used. "

What do you like best?

Outlook has hundreds of features but all are incredibly easy to master and figure out. I really like the personalization aspect of outlook - there are a variety of ways to organize your inbox and calendar to your liking. For any hidden or confusing features, instructions on how to do things are easily found through a quick search on the software.

What do you dislike?

The platform is not as user-friendly as it could be. You may have to do a bit of digging to find the exact feature you're looking for and there are many things you might not know you could even do just by looking at and interacting with the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking the time to learn about all of the features Outlook has to offer first and seeing what matches with what you feel that you need most in an email/calendaring software. Seeking those features out on the front end will save you time learning how to use them down the road.

Outlook provides a way to effectively communicate with both internal and external individuals. While the external features are pretty standard, I found that communicating with individuals company-wide was made incredibly simple using Outlook.

Outlook review by Simone M.
Simone M.

"Mail, meetings & taks"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface but it includes everything you need for everyday activities. No better tools for managing mails, and the categorization feature helps to understand the issues of email at a glance. The tasks tab helps a lot in managing activities. The calendars are now fundamental in the management of meetings and appointments; integration with Skype for Business is a real added value.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes syncing with the microsoft exchange is freeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version: you will not go back, it simplifies your work.

It helps a lot in managing office activities. The mails are a fundamental business card in communications with customers and outlook allows them to be impeccable from every point of view.

Outlook review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Everything needed in one place!"

What do you like best?

I like how I can see what is going on for the day in the company. It is very easy to navigate through emails to find something. I like how it will remind you before an event is going to happen with a pop up box.

What do you dislike?

Not that I do not like it. I just think the extra window that pops up when you hit reply is not needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you will be happy with outlook. It is easy to learn and very easy to navigate around. You can link calendars that way you know what is going on in the different departments in you company. I love how you can find an old email pretty easily. You can store your most used contacts in the contact tab for easy access. You can also keep up with task that need to get done and add a due date so it will let you know when the task is getting near.

I am keeping up with when interviews are coming in and what meetings we have in the next couple of days. I keep up with events and anything we are doing in the community on my calendar. I am like how I can make folders and keep everything in a certain folder that way it is easy to access.

Outlook review by Angela O.
Angela O.

"Great for everyday use and organizing tasks and events"

What do you like best?

I love the calendar feature and that it can be synced across multiple platforms. I like the ease of organizing my emails into folders and the search feature to access old items. Contact book is great, and I can do all of my communicating, organizing, and planning in one place.

What do you dislike?

It's very hard to connect an Outlook account to a mobile phone as the setup is not intuitive and you need additional information such as server info that is not readily available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program for email and calendar management for a business. Everything is right there and it is very intuitive and easy to use and customize.

Keeping track of meetings, tasks, and events. Communication with community partners and participants, and daily reminders to keep me focused and to prevent letting things slip.

Outlook review by Alexis S.
Alexis S.

"I love Outlook- It is organized and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how I can set meetings with it and look at other people's calendars while trying to set meetings with them. I also just like the interface and think it looks very sleek. I am able to organize my calendar super easily on here, along with any information I need access to. It was very easy to learn how to use when I first started using it, and I did not really not any training on how to use it. Whenever a company I am working for has Outlook I am very happy because I know I will stay organized with all of the personalizing I can do with my account. I really do not think there is a better product on the market right now than this one.

What do you dislike?

Isn't that great with mobile devices and can freeze up/ send emails wrong sometimes while using them. It is also pretty costly but that is to be expected with Microsoft.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It is definitely the best on the market right now, and they own the market by a lot from what I have seen.

Having an organized schedule, e-mail list, and being able to set meetings in a time efficient way. It is also nice for having web meetings.

Outlook review by User in Information Technology and Services

"user and support analyst"

What do you like best?

the flexibility to integrate all your email accounts and integration with other applications such as teamviewer, social network contacts such as facebook, etc.

What do you dislike?

I have not been able to connect from my home the account of the work that is in exchange, you have to connect it 1st to the company network or via VPN, but via negative normal http.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it 100%, for the ease of management and configuration of your email accounts, as well as being able to synchronize your emails, calendar and contacts with your cell phone, where you are connected, answer your messages, which will be updated in both your computer as in the cell phone.

to be able to read the internal, external and personal emails, without having to open a web page with hotmail or gmail, and thus be able to be connected and up-to-date with the information sent to us. To be able to manage my synchronized agenda with my cell phone.

Outlook review by Michele M.
Michele M.

"Couldn't Do My Job Without Microsoft Outlook"

What do you like best?

I love that Outlook gives me the ability to keep everything completely organized. From my time to my emails, is it key to my daily life.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything that I don't like about Outlook. I use it all day every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Outlook to make your day to day life easier

I use Outlook for all of my meetings and appointments. It keeps me on time for meetings, flights, appointments...ect. I also color code it and keep all of my travel plans in my calendar, so they are easy to access. I then use it to organize my emails. It's a great way to keep things easily at my fingertips.

Outlook review by Lynelle E.
Lynelle E.

"Use it every day! "

What do you like best?

I like that Outlook has pretty intuitive email, contacts, and calendar. I use it all day, every day. I trust it to be accurate because I support a very busy executive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we can't use the reoccurring meeting feature anymore as Msft has discovered that the link between meetings sometimes "breaks" and causes meetings to disappear of calendars at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well 98% of the time. My only issue is that we can't use the reoccurring meetings feature anymore.

Keeping calendar/schedule for a super busy executive!

Send a couple of hundred emails per day.

Maintain contacts and group email distribution lists.

Outlook review by natureday .
natureday .

"Outlook is my best friend."

What do you like best?

I love opening my email int he morning and everything I need from the last several years is all right there. I can go back and look at other emails if a customer writes me something I don't understand. Just search and see what we were talking about. It's all organized and in one place.

What do you dislike?

The search could be improved, but for the most part I love everything about outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free program you will be hooked- then buy it!

Its freedom. I have 3 emails and they are all in one program. No typing in my password and usernames daily for 3 emails. It's all there. Each email program is listed in their own separate column and it's great!

Outlook review by Keriann P.
Keriann P.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

App is easy to use - able to access email, calendar on the phone. Also - able to view all emails, unread emails, focused folder, etc. Computer program also has lots of benefits - calendar is great, able to set up alerts to phone/computer when a meeting is about to start.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to quickly delete emails from inbox. Sometimes drafts will not show up between app/computer/website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the app and computer program - more features/easier to use than when using on a website.

Able to easily schedule meetings, confirm attendance with co-workers.

Outlook review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great Interactive Tool! "

What do you like best?

Being able to communicate quickly, stay up to date across devices, and plan coordinated meetings with colleagues.

What do you dislike?

So many options! Sometimes simplicity is important. The appearance can feel quite busy and chaotic when you're responding to emails and managing schedules all day. I would prefer an option that allowed me to quiet some of the visual chaos during the day so that I could focus on the tasks at hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just getting to know Outlook, take a tutorial or two and spend some time exploring and toying with the options. Encourage any staff members unfamiliar with it to do the same. Outlook is wonderful and has many unique communication tools. Take the time to learn, you'll be thankful you did!

Communication, communication, communication. I love that I can request read receipts and set and confirm meetings/ appointments with my staff. We are thankful for quick and efficient communication!

Outlook review by Leora W.
Leora W.

"Best System for a Company"

What do you like best?

I love that it is all in one place. You've got email, calendar, and contacts all accessible so that you don't need to open multiple programs. Organizing emails is very easy, and you can even link up your boss' email and calendar to your account, making it all very accessible. Outlook is there for all the assistants in the world.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there was an 'undo' button on emails. That has come in handy a lot with other email applications and it would prove helpful on Outlook as well. Also, sometimes I need to restart Outlook because it won't update my emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use. It is very comprehensive and perfect for a job that requires a lot of emailing, scheduling, and document transferring.

Benefits include: syncing calendars with co-workers, organizing emails by folders and multiple sub-folders, various tools for all my needs, and great customer service.

Outlook review by Anne T.
Anne T.

"Easily See All Your e-Mail Accounts In One Place!"

What do you like best?

I would simply be lost without Microsoft Outlook. As an online business owner, I have several e-mail accounts and need to be able to respond to all accounts as quickly and efficiently as possible. Also, the Outlook calendar is a very helpful tool, reminding me of appointments for the day.

What do you dislike?

If you don't delete e-mails off the server periodically, you will not be able to capture them on Microsoft Outlook. The system will stop delivering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to save time and become more efficient with handling multiple e-mail account, I recommend you take Microsoft Outlook for a spin. It isn't difficult to set up. If you are using Godaddy for your e-mail hosting, all of the settings are on the Godaddy platform to help you set up your e-mail accounts easily.

I am able to solve business problems by saving time, not having to login to multiple e-mail accounts to respond to customers. Saving time is a real benefit when you receive several e-mails a day and want to stay on top of things.

Outlook review by User in Computer Software

"Great for Business"

What do you like best?

I love the new update where you can click "send" at a certain time, and schedule it to send any time of the day. i also love how you can search your mail

What do you dislike?

sometimes it does not search correctly and nothing comes up even when you search a common word. it's very frustrating

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is great for big or small businesses. we use it in a small business and it works and helps us tremendously.i am able to keep my team on top of things and can look up anything with projects in my email. we also use it to send notifications about our projects with Zoho CRM and Zoho Projects. i also wish the Rules would work seamlessly. sometimes i feel it doesn't work the right way

i have realized i can search and follow up with clients more easliy. i can also schedule birthdays and anniversaries as appointments, which make it easy to remember and i get alarms/alerts for them

Outlook review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"All encompassing client"

What do you like best?

Integration with MS Office products is a huge plus, and makes sharing information that much easier. Calendar organization and meeting invites are well done and extremely useful.

Threaded conversations within the client are nice for organization, but need improvement.

What do you dislike?

Threaded conversations are nice, but can be difficult to follow when your inbox gets overloaded. They do offer variations of how to display the threads, but none seem intuitive.

Searching within the client is cumbersome and often not that great. I find it easier and more successful to search directly through gmail if possible. For none gmail based email accounts, I recommend organizing yourself better than I do and not relying on search so heavily. Outlook does allow folder creation and easy message filing so that is easily done within the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A solid all around email and calendar, especially if already using MS office products. Otherwise, there may be alternate clients to try for personal preferences.

Streamlines meeting planning and company logistics.

Outlook review by Kasey B.
Kasey B.

"User for years, won't switch from Outlook!"

What do you like best?

Outlook is such an easy email platform to use, whether you are on the app or you are on a web browser. There are so many features that are really easy to use. It makes it easy for you to save and find anything you could be looking for in your account.

What do you dislike?

It was a little tough at first for me to figure out a couple of the things (like that I have to be on the web browser to set an automatic reply), but once I figure it out, it made it really easy to use.

I use email every day for my job. As things have turned more digital, it has made it easy for me to get information and advertisements to clients and potential clients.

Outlook review by Shawna K.
Shawna K.

"Useful Program & App"

What do you like best?

I like that I can keep all of my devices connected with the Outlook Program, the Outlook website, and the Outlook App.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the App does not stay as updated as I would like so I have to ask it to download when I'm looking for something on my phone. When I click on an email link, my computer automatically tries to open the Outlook program, no matter if I'm using it and it's open or not. I would prefer to have an option to open it with Gmail or the Outlook website if possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the website version versus the program version. I used to like the program version, but started using the website because I found it to be more aesthetically pleasing. This is really important for something you're using every day.

Outlook helps me stay organized through inbox folders, task lists, and calendar all rolled together.

Outlook review by User

"Outlook is well suited for Windows/Microsoft users; Integrates nicely"

What do you like best?

My company migrated from Lotus Notes to Outlook several years back, I feel like life has been largely easier since. I like that outlook is integrated with Skype for Business, makes everything like search chat history, meeting recording and scheduling Skype meetings easy. It also syncs nicely with my iPhone.

What do you dislike?

The calendar feature needs improvement, it feels much more restrictive than Lotus Notes. For example, I hate that I can't view other meeting attendee's response statuses. Oddly enough, if I view the meeting through my iPhone calendar instead, I can see them. This is clearly a flaw, but it hasn't addressed in the years I've been a user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company uses Windows OS, Outlook will integrate nicely with your existing work setup.

Communication and collaboration with my colleagues have improved, especially in a multinational corporate environment. That's a big deal to any company like ours.

Outlook review by Najeeb A.
Najeeb A.

"Useful tool for managing organisational resources"

What do you like best?

Ability to integrate multiple emails, create folders and subfolders for archiving resources as well as the flexibility to categorise roles using colour codes.

What do you dislike?

Not integrating well with Linux-based systems and getting support is also problematic. Additionally, it is now difficult to transfer outlook content to Gmail even with the PST to Gmail Import. It is stopped working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Outlook is intuitive, saves times, enables collaboration.

- Training for the University staff. We used SharePoint to sign up for the training and we document acceptance and cancellation using outlook.

- We also used it for booking training rooms

-We used it for responding to inquiries

Outlook review by Nathan H.
Nathan H.

"Not as bad as it used to be."

What do you like best?

Sometimes the best thing I can say about a particular Microsoft product is that it isn't as bad as it was when I last used it. Because of a new job, I've been using Outlook since July, and I certainly like it more than I did in the mid-2000s. They have done some thoughtful redesigns in workflow and functionality. It still has much room for improvement, but I'm not nearly as unhappy as I initially thought I would be. And at the end of the day, there are no true comparable competitors.

What do you dislike?

Lack of real customization options is a common Microsoft trait. Outlook 2016 actually removed some customization options that existed in Outlook 2013, like the ability to resize text in the navigation pane. Not happy. Also, the calendar functionality doesn't get along with other calendar platforms without convoluted third-party software solutions. A lot of the world uses Google Calendar. Can we please get true officially-supported integration?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend something better for the complete package. However, Google Apps may be an acceptable alternative for organizations that don't use the advanced features of Outlook.

Outlook's big strength in a business setting is its integration with Skype for Business, Excel, Word, etc. Mail merge, presence indicators, etc. are nice to have in a large organization. It also allows for a consistent look and workflow across the organization, making IT support easier. Integration with TimeTrade has also been very useful.

Outlook review by Philip W.
Philip W.

"I have used one version or another of outlook since I began my IT career at Microsoft in 1996"

What do you like best?

MS has done a very good job of listening to their users and incorporating new desired functionality into outlook. I used to use Franklin Covey's plan plus software for outlook, which is obsolete now) and MS is duplicating many of the features it had, like project/task planning as separate module

What do you dislike?

Handling of 3rd party add-ons is not very good at all, lots of trouble getting SOME of them to work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review the versions out there and determine the BEST fit for your personal,organization plans and PLEASE remember to check for any compatibility issues especially if you are a developer and may need multiple versions installed to support your end users...like 2016 and 2010, they do not exist TOGETHER, very well.

Communications and planning all around...it is excellent

Outlook review by User

"Outlook is a great tool for communication! "

What do you like best?

The system is very streamlined and intuitive. We recently upgraded to a newer version, and it took a matter of minutes to get fully used to the new system. As strange as it is to say, everything just makes sense, in terms of placement, when you’re looking at the program.

What do you dislike?

Some of the higher level “tricks” are hard to access, unless you know what you are looking for. Outlook has numerous functions, but its not necessarily easy to implement unless you know what you are looking for.

The most useful function I find in outlook, outside of email communication, is the calendar function. It’s simple to use, and effective to view my calendar, as well as that of my whole team, in a digestible way, allowing for future scheduling easily.

Outlook review by andre h.
andre h.

"My Views on Microsoft Outlook"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to configure. It also allow me to sync more than one mailboxes to it which gives me a single area to read and respond to all my emails.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to not like about this application. if there was one thing i could think of it would be to manually configure a mailbox. If could get tricky if you are not sure of all your information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep improving on the securities and GUI. Allow more customize-able themes.

This helps with information security and as well as it give you the ability to be more mobile because you can ready and respond to emails using your phone. You no longer have to wait till you get into the office.

Outlook review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Outlook is fairly useful for certain things"

What do you like best?

I like that when you want to write an email it opens up in another window as long as you have the software downloaded on your computer. This allows you to search, look at and pull up other emails at the same time when creating a new one.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the website use of outlook. If you pull up outlook on the website and not on the software download you can't write an email while also checking old emails because it is all in one window. It's also a little slow when searching for old emails using key words.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and works just as you would hope that email and calendars work.

The Outlook calendar application is fairly useful for communicating business meetings. It syncs with my phone calendar application nicely so that I don't forget a meeting.

Outlook review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Solid Mail / Calendar Software"

What do you like best?

Outlook offers great search capabilities and inbox organization. Most importantly though is that Outlook relates well to Excel, Word and other parts of the Office Suit. It is easy to use and well integrated into other programmes.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Outlook since it is a product which was well developed over the past years.

When you are searching for even more tools and features Google Mail and their lab's will offer a comfortable variety that will fit everyones needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most likely you will use the complete Microsoft Office Suit to unlock all its potential.

Well Outlook is kinda the center of my work bench. Mailings, contacts and calender entrys ->everything is planned in one programme. There is no need for 3rd party tools and even when there are some mechanics missing you prolly will find your solution in the Office Suit from Microsoft.

Outlook review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Solid Email Application"

What do you like best?

I like that everything with it is seemingly integrated. It is very smooth to transition between the many different features like the mail and calendar.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I dislike are the way that contacts are set up and that you were not able to import contacts from previous version of Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook is a great software that with each new version becomes better to use. The look is sleek and the use is smooth. It is easy to find email and sort through them. What I think is really good is the calendar integration which allows Outlook to be an even more supportive tool then just receiving and sending emails.

The business problems that it helps with is time management. This is great for helping me and many of my coworkers to manage our day. We can set up tasks to see the many things that we have to do and are able to check them off as complete when done. Using the calendar to set up meetings and appointments with the ability to reserve rooms and times is great. Also using your personal calendar and reminders make this a great tool. All of this together makes it really use to manage your day and time.

Outlook review by User in Internet

"I've used Outlook for years and it's a solid emailing and calendar management tool"

What do you like best?

I like that outlook is user-friendly and it's really easy to organize and archive emails. Also, the calendar makes scheduling meetings and events easy to manage. Until recently, every office job I had used Outlook, so the familiarity helped. There is also tons of information and helpful tips online for effectively using Outlook since it's such a highly used tool.

What do you dislike?

One thing Outlook could improve on is better search capabilities for finding emails. Also, it would help if emails could be labeled instead of having to be moved to a separate folder. Auto archiving was a must or my inbox would be full within a week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MS outlook is pretty standard when it comes to office email and calendar management. It's a tool that most people have used in some capacity. I would encourage really finding the specific benefits MS Outlook can offer a specific industry or vertical. I found it to be pretty user-friendly when I worked in non-profits.

Because my team primarily worked remotely or at scattered sites, Outlook helped us to share calendars and schedule events at times that were would not create conflicts.

"Looking Out For Email"

What do you like best?

Outlook is an intuitive e-mail program that allows you to keep your life a little less complicated and stored in one place. I use it for my calendar, reminders for both personal and business appointments and events. It allows you to schedule necessary follow-up reminders on e-mail, group them, and keep track of the "conversations" back and fourth. I also like the portability of e-mail files. (advanced feature) The integration with Word and other programs is also a great feature. If you have a date in a word document you can automatically transfer the information into your calendar.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit of a memory hog when you have too many items open while working on other items. Some of the advanced features are not as readily noted or used by some users, but are a big help. I think that the cost of annual renewal buying Office 365 makes the cost of use less attractive than it was when you could buy it and own it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you will be pleased with this software. I have used a number of other software programs, and this is my choice by far.

It provides my e-mail, contact/address book, and my personal and professional calendar all in one place. The notifications are invaluable to me when I am working on other things. If I am traveling to a location of a user in my "people" contact the system will give me a map to the location with a simple click of the button. The ability to determine the availability of others in the company when they use their calendars is invaluable when scheduling meeting.

Learning about Microsoft Outlook?

* We monitor all Microsoft Outlook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.