Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook 2010, the premium business and personal e-mail management tool and calendar software to help you stay in touch.

Work for Microsoft Outlook?

Learning about Outlook?

Microsoft Outlook Reviews

Showing 514 Outlook reviews
Outlook review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Simple"

What do you like best?

I get a lot of emails from our distribution network and this program allows great organization of emails, as well as automation of sorting these emails into the correct locations. I really like the ability to customize emails in a personal way. It's simple to set up a signature for all of your emails, including adding a picture to your signature. I also like that the program checks your email addresses you're inputting, this allows for less mistakes in sending emails to the wrong people.

What do you dislike?

If you aren't constantly using the program it can lag on refreshing it. I generally am using multiple programs at a time and outlook generally sits in the background of my other programs. If I don't check it every so often it can take a bit longer for it to update the e-mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend looking into the settings of this program. There are many unique features that will allow you to change almost anything inside it. The forums are a great help when you're struggling to get anything to work.

We've used this product to keep in touch with our distributors all over the world. It's allowed easy access to many different avenues for us. It's quick, simple, and very easy to use. The integration of outlook on our phones allows on the go access to emails as well. Since some of our workers work from home occasionally it can be easier to get in touch with them this way.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Outlook
Outlook review by Morgan M.
Morgan M.

"Broadly used corporate email platform for good reason"

What do you like best?

Outlook has many settings - my favorites are to add a signature at the end of your email, set an away response,, set up specific email folders and to flag important emails. I have the ability to access this on my mobile as well, which allows for numerous notification options. I like when it vibrates when I get a new email, for awareness and to stay connected.

The events calendar is also integrated with your phone, and will send you notifications (if you set it up) of meetings, etc, that you have scheduled for the day. I never forget anything anymore!

New favorite feature: Outlook can now warn a user replying to an email if they were blind copied, so they can choose not to reply to everyone but only the sender.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit as far as how many emails/space I can have in my inbox. I then have to delete emails, my sent emails, and/or the trash bin to free up space. If I need to save certain email chains, I recommend that you make a "personal" folder connected to your desktop computer space saving. However, this is not accessible on mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook has been working for years to constantly improve it's features, and with each update they definitely do that.

Communication is more than crucial in any business environment. This allows for unlimited communication of policy changes, reminders, and leader memos to be sent company wide. This connects all of our employees on a global scale.

What Calendar solution do you use?

Outlook review by Mirela C.
Mirela C.

"Outlook is my favourite email software"

What do you like best?

Fast access to preview of attachments. I like this especially for pictures or documents -you can review the attachments and select what you prefer to save or forward to someone else. I also like that I can add a reminder on an email and the entire content is pulled out when I need to refer to it. I like how easily notifications can be snoozed or dismissed without actually getting into the calendar.

What do you dislike?

No on-line access to email and calendar (I have them downloaded locally). It is a bit hard to find features in settings. I only use the Outlook Calendar for reminders -this is not my main calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you learn how to use as many as features as possible. I find out that most of the time I am required to take fast action and stick to the basics, whitout allocating sufficient time to learn new things about the software I use. As with any software, the more you know about it, the more you can increase work productivity.

Use it to communicate with clients and business partners, and for advertising. Also use it for filling on dedicated project folders for easy reference.

It is user friendly and I like the interface. Easy categorized emails provide fast searches. All translating in time saving.

Outlook review by Carrie C.
Carrie C.

"Good software - they made great improvements"

What do you like best?

Conversation feature to group email conversation threads is very helpful. Flagging options and colour coding of emails and categories is one of the best features for organizing email and calendar items.

Larger files are able to be attached than most other email software. It also lets you import social media contacts straight into your address book. It also automatically saves contact information from sent and received email messages, so you don’t have to manually enter them.

What do you dislike?

Outlook is a bit confusing to set up and use because of its numerous options.

You cannot create smart folders, flags, or rules that "learn" by example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a lot better than when it first came out. I was not a lover of Outlook and did not want to switch but have to say that I do really like the product now.

There are a lot of options for coding emails and calendar items by category, by flagging, folders, sub folders, by colour coding etc.

Outlook review by Juan Camilo R.
Juan Camilo R.

"Much improved, but archaic when compared to superior options as GMAIL"

What do you like best?

Decent amount of storage, basic e-mail functionality, intuitive to use and fully compatible with mostly every device either by webpage or standalone app.

Full integration with Microsoft's Windows and office software. It has been around longer than mostly everyone of the known alternatives.

What do you dislike?

Archaic, slow to catch up, had it not been because I've been using it since 1997 and have a gazillion contacts and old emails I would have abandoned a decade ago at least.

Smaller available storage when compared to similar options.

Insecure, my account has been hacked twice since I created the email (managed to recover it both times)

Always playing catch up in features but never up to par, the UI while better than it used, still leaves a lot to be desired.

Forced integration with other Microsoft apps like Skype which somehow ends up signing online without asking me everytime I open the hotmail email.

Atrocious spam filter that lets everything through and sometimes blocks needed email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just avoid it and get GMAIL instead.

I have used it for 21 years for all types of home, personal, school and business communications.

Outlook review by Lisa D.
Lisa D.

"outlook is the most used exchange around"

What do you like best?

outlook has so many features that you can use. The calender is the best, invites and reminders that you can have alert you on your cell phone. Its easy to acess outlook mail from your mobile devices. I love the rule features so you can really customize how you want your outlook to function for you.

What do you dislike?

i dont like when i run into a problem that even google cant help with. as in a rule is set to delay mail for 5 minutes from being sent so i can edit or add things if needed but now when i edit it freezes the rule and i am having trouble finding out why

Recommendations to others considering the product

i love outlook and how many options i have to customize my inbox, sort, organize and set rules. Being able to get meeting invites out and replies recorded is so much less stress in my life.

meeting! being able to invite, keep track and get reminded is the best for us. the instant window when a new email arrives is also nice so you can preview what came in without opening unless needed.

Outlook review by Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

"Great for Organizing Emails, But Not As User Friendly As Google"

What do you like best?

Clumping emails together based on the subject line is extremely helpful for getting organized. I also really enjoy the way it integrates with Outlook Calendar. Receiving emails of calendar invites and the ability to respond within that email instead of solely through Calendar is great!

What do you dislike?

i wish it was easier to drop photos or screenshots or gifs into emails. Instead of just drag and dropping, you have to do so many more steps to include a snapshot, not an attachment, to an email. And don't even try sending gifs to teammates - it doesn't support them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook is a great email and calendar tool. If you buy into the entire Microsoft360 plan, it's definitely worth it and integrates extremely well. It's not quite as easy to navigate as Google Drive/Gmail, but once you get used to it, it's a great asset!

The integration with Outlook Calendar, Skype for Business and Sharepoint are extremely helpful. We're able to use it in our agency setting and have all of our information in one place. Outlook, along with it's supported apps such as Skype for Business, are critical in keeping up with communication between our team members and clients.

Outlook review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.

"Great software "

What do you like best?

I like that you can keep up with your calendar ,task to do, and all of your contacts in one place. The follow up option is a great feature to remind you to follow up on a task. I use the task function to keep up with all of the things I have to accomplish during the week and it really helps to keep me organized! It is also convenient to be able to keep up with all of my contacts in one place so I do not have to search for them when I need them. I also like that I can keep up with my calendar on the same software and do not have to keep up with a planner!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint l that have is that it is a little hard to learn however with lots practice it becomes fairly easy to pick up on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to keep you organized on tasks, emails, and keep your calendar organized. I highly recommend this software if you are looking to make a switch!

I am able to keep all of my contacts in one place and keep up with task that I need to do throughout the day. It keeps me organized.

Outlook review by Bri  A.
Bri A.

"I learn something new about outlook weekly"

What do you like best?

I love that outlook has an integration into virtually every business product I use. From my CRM, company chat, virtual meeting, scheduling, marketing, and more - all fit into outlook.

What do you dislike?

While very likely my PC's fault, I tend to have to restart my outlook every week or so because of updates or outlook crashing, so that can be a bummer, but it tends to be 30 seconds to a minute maximum. Just enough time to grab a coffee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I would recommend taking an outlook class. It seems absurd to have to take a class on your email/calendar/task software, but Outlook can do so many things that I didn't know it could do, and I think for me at least, I could benefit from taking an outlook class yearly.

It makes tracking communication really easy. I'm a big fan (and user) of all of the tasks and folder capabilities, and I very much appreciate that you can set up rules to automatically tag things or send them to different folders.

Outlook review by Patrick H.
Patrick H.

"Versitile and Reliable Program"

What do you like best?

I've been a user of Microsoft Outlook for many years and I what I like most about it is that it continues to expand and adapt to technology, integrate its compatibility with other programs and add new features. Its growing features continue to make it a good and reliable program. I also like that it is accessible from the internet. So, you don't have to have the program downloaded in order to access your Microsoft Outlook account. As long as you have the internet, you are able to access almost all of the program features.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much about Microsoft Outlook that I can say that I dislike. This is such a good program, my dislikes get down to very little things. For example, the font color tool doesn't have the eyedropper tool that allows you to pick any other color in the program out and begin to use that color without having to know the exact color codes. This would be convenient when there is an exact color that needs to be used for company marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Microsoft Outlook for one email accounts or to access all of your email accounts in one place. The program allows you to have multiple emails connected at the same time, which is great for when you're responsible for more than one email account. I also recommend Microsoft Outlook for its calendar and scheduling capabilities - not only does it make it easy to manage your own calendar, but you're also able to view other users/coworkers calendars. The calendars allow you to customize what details are visible to other users.

Microsoft Outlook has solved many business problems. For example, I am able to access it via the world wide web from any location. I also enjoy its calendar and scheduling features. With scheduling, I'm able to view the schedule the people that I need to invite to a meeting in order to find a date and time that works for everyone.

Outlook review by Carlos M.
Carlos M.

"Herramienta para la gestión de correo"

What do you like best?

Este programa te permite organizar el correo con carpetas personalizadas con el fin de encontrar fácilmente los correos electrónicos que recibas o mandes.

Es muy útil cuando trabajas con diferentes proyectos y tienes que guardarlos en apartados diferenciados, permitiendo obtener el correo que buscas muy rápido.

What do you dislike?

Es un programa con un aspecto antiguo, quizás una versión más moderna, con más personalización del entorno haría que fuese más atractivo y más sencillo de utilizar, si por ejemplo se pudieran poner colores a las carpetas de cada uno de los proyectos en los que trabajas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal para organizar tus correos, organizar tus reuniones, tener un listado de contactos y estar siempre conectado.

Te permite tener a tus contactos guardados con fichas, organizar el correo, estar siempre conectado y en el momento que llega un correo te salta un aviso, además tiene un calendario para fijar reuniones, aunque no lo suelo utilizar

Outlook review by Faith C.
Faith C.

"Easy Lay Out"

What do you like best?

They lay our is my favorite part, at first I was skeptical but it is easy to use. I can communicate with customers through email, set reminders on the calendar in the program and can stay organized. It makes tracking communication really easy.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like is the lay out of the folders. The folders are hard to organize and place where you want, you drag and drop and sometimes it seems to be easy to merge my folders together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccomend this to othe companies to use. The email and calendar are easy to use and help you keep up with daily tasks.

Outlook review by Amanda W.
Amanda W.

"Easy to use organization for email"

What do you like best?

My primary use for Outlook is for work, and managing different aspects and groups at work is necessary. The ease in creating folders, groups for mass emailing, removing members from groups, and the mobile version of Outlook makes keeping up with emails not a chore.

I also like that each email is its own entity in Outlook. You are still able to see the chain of emails, but you can simply just delete the email you are reading, not the entire chain. Some email programs delete the entire conversation.

What do you dislike?

Attaching docs/photos while using the mobile version is tedious. There are at least 5 steps until you actually attach the file, where the desktop version automatically opens your file folders.

Email organization is one of the key functions I use with Outlook. I keep track of multiple non-profit groups, interns, events, ect.

Along with emails, our non-profit uses the calendar to schedule all time off, events, ect. for the entire department. This universal calendar makes it easy to plan vacations, personal time off, keeping track of overtime, and seeing the year at a glance.

Outlook review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Outlook is a great tool to have in the office"

What do you like best?

Outlook has a very streamlined interface that is very easy to use and organize emails. We use it in our office and it's a very reliable email service. I like it because searching for emails is extremely easy and the entire software itself is great to use. Additionally, the calendar system, including sharing calendars, is very helpful when determining if others are busy, etc.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Outlook generally is a really great email service. The only thing that I may dislike with the software is that there are so many tabs and buttons sometimes it is hard to figure out what to use and how to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Microsoft Outlook because it is a secure, reliable, and easy to use software for emails. Additionally, it connects your calendar as well and others can access it if they set it up that way.

By using Microsoft Outlook, we are able to not only save emails into our cloud system, but be able to use a reliable and easy email system between coworkers.

Outlook review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Outlook: necessary evil"

What do you like best?

I like the way the email and calendar in MS Outlook work together, and I don't mind the set ups for the calendar and inboxes. It works pretty smoothly across devices, too, with web-based and non-web interfaces.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of customizations available in Outlook. I also dislike how hard it is to use it in combination with other popular calendar and task management software. I have to use third-party tools to connect, for example, Google Calendar and Outlook, and that makes me crazy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it all possible, I'd try to use Outlook for everything, so you don't need to sync it to other tools. That's where it is the weakest.

MS Outlook is the email manager and calendar tool used by my entire company. The benefit of having everybody use it is standardization and easily scheduled meetings.

Outlook review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Outlook = My Preferred Service Provider"

What do you like best?

I can only think of so many different pros that Outlook offers me and my colleagues. A lot of my correspondence at work takes place through Outlook. I am able to organize my e-mails/meetings/calendar in such a way that I cannot with any other e-mailing provider that Outlook has become one of the best tools I have at work when I focus on my time management.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about Outlook especially now that I have mastered this program and use it all day throughout my work days. There are a lot of functions and a lot of different avenues in Outlook to assist us with our every day work duties and a lot of people are not aware of them or how to add them to their Outlook profiles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it!

Helping myself have better time management is one of my goals for 2018 in the workplace. I have found that I am able to save my own time by entering information into Outlook. I am also able to prioritize my e-mails with filtering and being able to identify e-mails that are more important then others I receive.

Outlook review by Amber C.
Amber C.

"Clean organized email program"

What do you like best?

This email program has an app that makes it very easy to switch between your personal and business email accounts. You just click between the two, no logging out of one and into another! Saves so much time. I also love how customizable the user face is on outlook emails web version, there are so many options of themes etc. just a small detail like that makes working a little more fun!

What do you dislike?

If you login to outlook email online it doesn’t give you the option to quickly switch between your personal and business email accounts. You have to log in and log out as you go. I wish they made the web version as user friendly as the app is.

Microsoft Outlook makes my day to day emails to my suppliers fast and efficient. It’s a very organized email option, I used to use gmail but outlook has won me over!

Outlook review by User in Internet

"Easy to master, universally used. "

What do you like best?

Outlook has hundreds of features but all are incredibly easy to master and figure out. I really like the personalization aspect of outlook - there are a variety of ways to organize your inbox and calendar to your liking. For any hidden or confusing features, instructions on how to do things are easily found through a quick search on the software.

What do you dislike?

The platform is not as user-friendly as it could be. You may have to do a bit of digging to find the exact feature you're looking for and there are many things you might not know you could even do just by looking at and interacting with the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking the time to learn about all of the features Outlook has to offer first and seeing what matches with what you feel that you need most in an email/calendaring software. Seeking those features out on the front end will save you time learning how to use them down the road.

Outlook provides a way to effectively communicate with both internal and external individuals. While the external features are pretty standard, I found that communicating with individuals company-wide was made incredibly simple using Outlook.

Outlook review by Simone M.
Simone M.

"Mail, meetings & taks"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface but it includes everything you need for everyday activities. No better tools for managing mails, and the categorization feature helps to understand the issues of email at a glance. The tasks tab helps a lot in managing activities. The calendars are now fundamental in the management of meetings and appointments; integration with Skype for Business is a real added value.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes syncing with the microsoft exchange is freeze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version: you will not go back, it simplifies your work.

It helps a lot in managing office activities. The mails are a fundamental business card in communications with customers and outlook allows them to be impeccable from every point of view.

Outlook review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Everything needed in one place!"

What do you like best?

I like how I can see what is going on for the day in the company. It is very easy to navigate through emails to find something. I like how it will remind you before an event is going to happen with a pop up box.

What do you dislike?

Not that I do not like it. I just think the extra window that pops up when you hit reply is not needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you will be happy with outlook. It is easy to learn and very easy to navigate around. You can link calendars that way you know what is going on in the different departments in you company. I love how you can find an old email pretty easily. You can store your most used contacts in the contact tab for easy access. You can also keep up with task that need to get done and add a due date so it will let you know when the task is getting near.

I am keeping up with when interviews are coming in and what meetings we have in the next couple of days. I keep up with events and anything we are doing in the community on my calendar. I am like how I can make folders and keep everything in a certain folder that way it is easy to access.

Outlook review by Angela O.
Angela O.

"Great for everyday use and organizing tasks and events"

What do you like best?

I love the calendar feature and that it can be synced across multiple platforms. I like the ease of organizing my emails into folders and the search feature to access old items. Contact book is great, and I can do all of my communicating, organizing, and planning in one place.

What do you dislike?

It's very hard to connect an Outlook account to a mobile phone as the setup is not intuitive and you need additional information such as server info that is not readily available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program for email and calendar management for a business. Everything is right there and it is very intuitive and easy to use and customize.

Keeping track of meetings, tasks, and events. Communication with community partners and participants, and daily reminders to keep me focused and to prevent letting things slip.

Outlook review by Alexis S.
Alexis S.

"I love Outlook- It is organized and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how I can set meetings with it and look at other people's calendars while trying to set meetings with them. I also just like the interface and think it looks very sleek. I am able to organize my calendar super easily on here, along with any information I need access to. It was very easy to learn how to use when I first started using it, and I did not really not any training on how to use it. Whenever a company I am working for has Outlook I am very happy because I know I will stay organized with all of the personalizing I can do with my account. I really do not think there is a better product on the market right now than this one.

What do you dislike?

Isn't that great with mobile devices and can freeze up/ send emails wrong sometimes while using them. It is also pretty costly but that is to be expected with Microsoft.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It is definitely the best on the market right now, and they own the market by a lot from what I have seen.

Having an organized schedule, e-mail list, and being able to set meetings in a time efficient way. It is also nice for having web meetings.

Outlook review by User in Information Technology and Services

"user and support analyst"

What do you like best?

the flexibility to integrate all your email accounts and integration with other applications such as teamviewer, social network contacts such as facebook, etc.

What do you dislike?

I have not been able to connect from my home the account of the work that is in exchange, you have to connect it 1st to the company network or via VPN, but via negative normal http.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it 100%, for the ease of management and configuration of your email accounts, as well as being able to synchronize your emails, calendar and contacts with your cell phone, where you are connected, answer your messages, which will be updated in both your computer as in the cell phone.

to be able to read the internal, external and personal emails, without having to open a web page with hotmail or gmail, and thus be able to be connected and up-to-date with the information sent to us. To be able to manage my synchronized agenda with my cell phone.

Outlook review by Michele M.
Michele M.

"Couldn't Do My Job Without Microsoft Outlook"

What do you like best?

I love that Outlook gives me the ability to keep everything completely organized. From my time to my emails, is it key to my daily life.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything that I don't like about Outlook. I use it all day every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Outlook to make your day to day life easier

I use Outlook for all of my meetings and appointments. It keeps me on time for meetings, flights, appointments...ect. I also color code it and keep all of my travel plans in my calendar, so they are easy to access. I then use it to organize my emails. It's a great way to keep things easily at my fingertips.

Outlook review by Lynelle E.
Lynelle E.

"Use it every day! "

What do you like best?

I like that Outlook has pretty intuitive email, contacts, and calendar. I use it all day, every day. I trust it to be accurate because I support a very busy executive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that we can't use the reoccurring meeting feature anymore as Msft has discovered that the link between meetings sometimes "breaks" and causes meetings to disappear of calendars at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works well 98% of the time. My only issue is that we can't use the reoccurring meetings feature anymore.

Keeping calendar/schedule for a super busy executive!

Send a couple of hundred emails per day.

Maintain contacts and group email distribution lists.

Outlook review by natureday .
natureday .

"Outlook is my best friend."

What do you like best?

I love opening my email int he morning and everything I need from the last several years is all right there. I can go back and look at other emails if a customer writes me something I don't understand. Just search and see what we were talking about. It's all organized and in one place.

What do you dislike?

The search could be improved, but for the most part I love everything about outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free program you will be hooked- then buy it!

Its freedom. I have 3 emails and they are all in one program. No typing in my password and usernames daily for 3 emails. It's all there. Each email program is listed in their own separate column and it's great!

Outlook review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Great Interactive Tool! "

What do you like best?

Being able to communicate quickly, stay up to date across devices, and plan coordinated meetings with colleagues.

What do you dislike?

So many options! Sometimes simplicity is important. The appearance can feel quite busy and chaotic when you're responding to emails and managing schedules all day. I would prefer an option that allowed me to quiet some of the visual chaos during the day so that I could focus on the tasks at hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just getting to know Outlook, take a tutorial or two and spend some time exploring and toying with the options. Encourage any staff members unfamiliar with it to do the same. Outlook is wonderful and has many unique communication tools. Take the time to learn, you'll be thankful you did!

Communication, communication, communication. I love that I can request read receipts and set and confirm meetings/ appointments with my staff. We are thankful for quick and efficient communication!

Outlook review by Leora W.
Leora W.

"Best System for a Company"

What do you like best?

I love that it is all in one place. You've got email, calendar, and contacts all accessible so that you don't need to open multiple programs. Organizing emails is very easy, and you can even link up your boss' email and calendar to your account, making it all very accessible. Outlook is there for all the assistants in the world.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that there was an 'undo' button on emails. That has come in handy a lot with other email applications and it would prove helpful on Outlook as well. Also, sometimes I need to restart Outlook because it won't update my emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use. It is very comprehensive and perfect for a job that requires a lot of emailing, scheduling, and document transferring.

Benefits include: syncing calendars with co-workers, organizing emails by folders and multiple sub-folders, various tools for all my needs, and great customer service.

Outlook review by Anne T.
Anne T.

"Easily See All Your e-Mail Accounts In One Place!"

What do you like best?

I would simply be lost without Microsoft Outlook. As an online business owner, I have several e-mail accounts and need to be able to respond to all accounts as quickly and efficiently as possible. Also, the Outlook calendar is a very helpful tool, reminding me of appointments for the day.

What do you dislike?

If you don't delete e-mails off the server periodically, you will not be able to capture them on Microsoft Outlook. The system will stop delivering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to save time and become more efficient with handling multiple e-mail account, I recommend you take Microsoft Outlook for a spin. It isn't difficult to set up. If you are using Godaddy for your e-mail hosting, all of the settings are on the Godaddy platform to help you set up your e-mail accounts easily.

I am able to solve business problems by saving time, not having to login to multiple e-mail accounts to respond to customers. Saving time is a real benefit when you receive several e-mails a day and want to stay on top of things.

Outlook review by User in Computer Software

"Great for Business"

What do you like best?

I love the new update where you can click "send" at a certain time, and schedule it to send any time of the day. i also love how you can search your mail

What do you dislike?

sometimes it does not search correctly and nothing comes up even when you search a common word. it's very frustrating

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is great for big or small businesses. we use it in a small business and it works and helps us tremendously.i am able to keep my team on top of things and can look up anything with projects in my email. we also use it to send notifications about our projects with Zoho CRM and Zoho Projects. i also wish the Rules would work seamlessly. sometimes i feel it doesn't work the right way

i have realized i can search and follow up with clients more easliy. i can also schedule birthdays and anniversaries as appointments, which make it easy to remember and i get alarms/alerts for them

Outlook review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"All encompassing client"

What do you like best?

Integration with MS Office products is a huge plus, and makes sharing information that much easier. Calendar organization and meeting invites are well done and extremely useful.

Threaded conversations within the client are nice for organization, but need improvement.

What do you dislike?

Threaded conversations are nice, but can be difficult to follow when your inbox gets overloaded. They do offer variations of how to display the threads, but none seem intuitive.

Searching within the client is cumbersome and often not that great. I find it easier and more successful to search directly through gmail if possible. For none gmail based email accounts, I recommend organizing yourself better than I do and not relying on search so heavily. Outlook does allow folder creation and easy message filing so that is easily done within the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A solid all around email and calendar, especially if already using MS office products. Otherwise, there may be alternate clients to try for personal preferences.

Streamlines meeting planning and company logistics.

Outlook review by Shawna K.
Shawna K.

"Useful Program & App"

What do you like best?

I like that I can keep all of my devices connected with the Outlook Program, the Outlook website, and the Outlook App.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the App does not stay as updated as I would like so I have to ask it to download when I'm looking for something on my phone. When I click on an email link, my computer automatically tries to open the Outlook program, no matter if I'm using it and it's open or not. I would prefer to have an option to open it with Gmail or the Outlook website if possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the website version versus the program version. I used to like the program version, but started using the website because I found it to be more aesthetically pleasing. This is really important for something you're using every day.

Outlook helps me stay organized through inbox folders, task lists, and calendar all rolled together.

Outlook review by User

"Outlook is well suited for Windows/Microsoft users; Integrates nicely"

What do you like best?

My company migrated from Lotus Notes to Outlook several years back, I feel like life has been largely easier since. I like that outlook is integrated with Skype for Business, makes everything like search chat history, meeting recording and scheduling Skype meetings easy. It also syncs nicely with my iPhone.

What do you dislike?

The calendar feature needs improvement, it feels much more restrictive than Lotus Notes. For example, I hate that I can't view other meeting attendee's response statuses. Oddly enough, if I view the meeting through my iPhone calendar instead, I can see them. This is clearly a flaw, but it hasn't addressed in the years I've been a user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company uses Windows OS, Outlook will integrate nicely with your existing work setup.

Communication and collaboration with my colleagues have improved, especially in a multinational corporate environment. That's a big deal to any company like ours.

Outlook review by Najeeb A.
Najeeb A.

"Useful tool for managing organisational resources"

What do you like best?

Ability to integrate multiple emails, create folders and subfolders for archiving resources as well as the flexibility to categorise roles using colour codes.

What do you dislike?

Not integrating well with Linux-based systems and getting support is also problematic. Additionally, it is now difficult to transfer outlook content to Gmail even with the PST to Gmail Import. It is stopped working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Outlook is intuitive, saves times, enables collaboration.

- Training for the University staff. We used SharePoint to sign up for the training and we document acceptance and cancellation using outlook.

- We also used it for booking training rooms

-We used it for responding to inquiries

Outlook review by Nathan H.
Nathan H.

"Not as bad as it used to be."

What do you like best?

Sometimes the best thing I can say about a particular Microsoft product is that it isn't as bad as it was when I last used it. Because of a new job, I've been using Outlook since July, and I certainly like it more than I did in the mid-2000s. They have done some thoughtful redesigns in workflow and functionality. It still has much room for improvement, but I'm not nearly as unhappy as I initially thought I would be. And at the end of the day, there are no true comparable competitors.

What do you dislike?

Lack of real customization options is a common Microsoft trait. Outlook 2016 actually removed some customization options that existed in Outlook 2013, like the ability to resize text in the navigation pane. Not happy. Also, the calendar functionality doesn't get along with other calendar platforms without convoluted third-party software solutions. A lot of the world uses Google Calendar. Can we please get true officially-supported integration?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend something better for the complete package. However, Google Apps may be an acceptable alternative for organizations that don't use the advanced features of Outlook.

Outlook's big strength in a business setting is its integration with Skype for Business, Excel, Word, etc. Mail merge, presence indicators, etc. are nice to have in a large organization. It also allows for a consistent look and workflow across the organization, making IT support easier. Integration with TimeTrade has also been very useful.

Outlook review by Philip W.
Philip W.

"I have used one version or another of outlook since I began my IT career at Microsoft in 1996"

What do you like best?

MS has done a very good job of listening to their users and incorporating new desired functionality into outlook. I used to use Franklin Covey's plan plus software for outlook, which is obsolete now) and MS is duplicating many of the features it had, like project/task planning as separate module

What do you dislike?

Handling of 3rd party add-ons is not very good at all, lots of trouble getting SOME of them to work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review the versions out there and determine the BEST fit for your personal,organization plans and PLEASE remember to check for any compatibility issues especially if you are a developer and may need multiple versions installed to support your end users...like 2016 and 2010, they do not exist TOGETHER, very well.

Communications and planning all around...it is excellent

Outlook review by User

"Outlook is a great tool for communication! "

What do you like best?

The system is very streamlined and intuitive. We recently upgraded to a newer version, and it took a matter of minutes to get fully used to the new system. As strange as it is to say, everything just makes sense, in terms of placement, when you’re looking at the program.

What do you dislike?

Some of the higher level “tricks” are hard to access, unless you know what you are looking for. Outlook has numerous functions, but its not necessarily easy to implement unless you know what you are looking for.

The most useful function I find in outlook, outside of email communication, is the calendar function. It’s simple to use, and effective to view my calendar, as well as that of my whole team, in a digestible way, allowing for future scheduling easily.

Outlook review by andre h.
andre h.

"My Views on Microsoft Outlook"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to configure. It also allow me to sync more than one mailboxes to it which gives me a single area to read and respond to all my emails.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to not like about this application. if there was one thing i could think of it would be to manually configure a mailbox. If could get tricky if you are not sure of all your information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep improving on the securities and GUI. Allow more customize-able themes.

This helps with information security and as well as it give you the ability to be more mobile because you can ready and respond to emails using your phone. You no longer have to wait till you get into the office.

Outlook review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Outlook is fairly useful for certain things"

What do you like best?

I like that when you want to write an email it opens up in another window as long as you have the software downloaded on your computer. This allows you to search, look at and pull up other emails at the same time when creating a new one.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the website use of outlook. If you pull up outlook on the website and not on the software download you can't write an email while also checking old emails because it is all in one window. It's also a little slow when searching for old emails using key words.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and works just as you would hope that email and calendars work.

The Outlook calendar application is fairly useful for communicating business meetings. It syncs with my phone calendar application nicely so that I don't forget a meeting.

Outlook review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"Solid Mail / Calendar Software"

What do you like best?

Outlook offers great search capabilities and inbox organization. Most importantly though is that Outlook relates well to Excel, Word and other parts of the Office Suit. It is easy to use and well integrated into other programmes.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Outlook since it is a product which was well developed over the past years.

When you are searching for even more tools and features Google Mail and their lab's will offer a comfortable variety that will fit everyones needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most likely you will use the complete Microsoft Office Suit to unlock all its potential.

Well Outlook is kinda the center of my work bench. Mailings, contacts and calender entrys ->everything is planned in one programme. There is no need for 3rd party tools and even when there are some mechanics missing you prolly will find your solution in the Office Suit from Microsoft.

Outlook review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Solid Email Application"

What do you like best?

I like that everything with it is seemingly integrated. It is very smooth to transition between the many different features like the mail and calendar.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I dislike are the way that contacts are set up and that you were not able to import contacts from previous version of Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook is a great software that with each new version becomes better to use. The look is sleek and the use is smooth. It is easy to find email and sort through them. What I think is really good is the calendar integration which allows Outlook to be an even more supportive tool then just receiving and sending emails.

The business problems that it helps with is time management. This is great for helping me and many of my coworkers to manage our day. We can set up tasks to see the many things that we have to do and are able to check them off as complete when done. Using the calendar to set up meetings and appointments with the ability to reserve rooms and times is great. Also using your personal calendar and reminders make this a great tool. All of this together makes it really use to manage your day and time.

Outlook review by User in Internet

"I've used Outlook for years and it's a solid emailing and calendar management tool"

What do you like best?

I like that outlook is user-friendly and it's really easy to organize and archive emails. Also, the calendar makes scheduling meetings and events easy to manage. Until recently, every office job I had used Outlook, so the familiarity helped. There is also tons of information and helpful tips online for effectively using Outlook since it's such a highly used tool.

What do you dislike?

One thing Outlook could improve on is better search capabilities for finding emails. Also, it would help if emails could be labeled instead of having to be moved to a separate folder. Auto archiving was a must or my inbox would be full within a week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MS outlook is pretty standard when it comes to office email and calendar management. It's a tool that most people have used in some capacity. I would encourage really finding the specific benefits MS Outlook can offer a specific industry or vertical. I found it to be pretty user-friendly when I worked in non-profits.

Because my team primarily worked remotely or at scattered sites, Outlook helped us to share calendars and schedule events at times that were would not create conflicts.

"Looking Out For Email"

What do you like best?

Outlook is an intuitive e-mail program that allows you to keep your life a little less complicated and stored in one place. I use it for my calendar, reminders for both personal and business appointments and events. It allows you to schedule necessary follow-up reminders on e-mail, group them, and keep track of the "conversations" back and fourth. I also like the portability of e-mail files. (advanced feature) The integration with Word and other programs is also a great feature. If you have a date in a word document you can automatically transfer the information into your calendar.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit of a memory hog when you have too many items open while working on other items. Some of the advanced features are not as readily noted or used by some users, but are a big help. I think that the cost of annual renewal buying Office 365 makes the cost of use less attractive than it was when you could buy it and own it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you will be pleased with this software. I have used a number of other software programs, and this is my choice by far.

It provides my e-mail, contact/address book, and my personal and professional calendar all in one place. The notifications are invaluable to me when I am working on other things. If I am traveling to a location of a user in my "people" contact the system will give me a map to the location with a simple click of the button. The ability to determine the availability of others in the company when they use their calendars is invaluable when scheduling meeting.

Outlook review by Greg S.
Greg S.

"Amazing way to keep your world organized"

What do you like best?

I would guess that the average Outlook user only uses 10% of its features. It's actually so feature-rich that it can be intimidating, which is why I put this same point under "dislikes" as well. However, if there's something you want it to do (e.g., automatically tagging and sorting incoming emails), a quick Google search will typically reveal that it's not only possible but will also provide step-by-step instructions for setting it up. It's pretty amazing.

What do you dislike?

As noted above, the number of features available can be daunting. Whole books have been written about Outlook, and to become a true "power user" I think it's worth buying and reading such a book. Also, on a couple of occasions one of my Outlook mail files has become corrupted and Outlook won't start. A Google search revealed the solution, but it's annoying that Outlook can't detect the problem and fix itself at start-up.

I use Outlook as my primary email client, calendaring system, and task list. The integration between these various tools is excellent (e.g., tasks with due dates automatically show up in my calendar). Outlook also seamlessly imports the email and calendar from my Google account, which is great.

Outlook review by Alice E.
Alice E.

"Consistently the best choice for business email "

What do you like best?

Easy tools for calendaring, setting out of office, and filing/archiving emails. It is very user friendly and is easily picked up by entry level employees who are new to the program. It is mobile accessible and easy to set up on android and iphone.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I find to be difficult is making changes to calendar invites. It is not clear to see how to only send updates to those who are new while not updating the whole group. It can be frustrating and anxiety producing to have to make changes and not be sure how it will send updates as it seems different each time I try.

The problems we are solving relate to connecting a team that is spread throughout 8 different offices. We are constantly emailing each other to set up meetings, seek advice or give updates. Outlook provides the tools to do this efficiently for our team and organization. I'm not sure what comparable email option would be able to compete with outlook.

Outlook review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"It gets the job done but is buggy and seems out of date"

What do you like best?

It's easy to manage and send e-mails and interfaces with the company Exchange server.

What do you dislike?

It's getting dated and some features are difficult to navigate through when trying to set up meetings and do advanced scheduling. It also has been really buggy running on Windows 7 where it regularly and randomly won't stay connected to the Exchange Servery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the go to product for corporate email and interfacing with an Exchange server. I don't what else is out there, but wouldn't be surprised if there isn't something better.

Sending/receiving work e-mails and scheduling appointments.

Outlook review by Cassi H.
Cassi H.

"Best Email System Out There"

What do you like best?

I love all of the aspects of Microsoft Outlook. It is so easy to send and receive emails and the newest update made it even easier to attach recently saved files. I can set away messages when I take vacation and not worry about people not getting a reply. It's the best email ever!

What do you dislike?

There were a lot of changes in the update that took some time to adjust to using, but I am breezing through the options now.

With the world today being heavily influenced by technology, most patients have access to email on their phones and can quickly reply yo a message before they could answer a phone call. I feel like the new Outlook is helping offices keep up the the technological age. Patient response has sky rocketed with the ability now.

Outlook review by Cheyanne G.
Cheyanne G.

"Everything you need in one program"

What do you like best?

I like that you have multiple things in one program to keep organized

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you do not get emails that fast and you have to click the send/receive button to be able to receive them

Recommendations to others considering the product

A one stop shop to keep you organized. You can even forward emails to your phone if you are in and out of the office so you never miss an email.

There is a reminder and calendar that gets used to help keep up with taking care of the clients in a timely manner

Outlook review by Vlad R.
Vlad R.

"Poor performing application"

What do you like best?

The UI interface is nice. Easy to use, fast to reply.

What do you dislike?

Crashes a lot on the PC. Mobile version is very poor quality - keep getting notifications on older emails if I have not opened them. If I mute the notifications, then I never know if I got anything important. So as a mobile app, it's almost useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to work on this product more and make it stop crashing. Make it more intuitive and intelligent.

A lot of the add-ons crash and can't be used. Have to reinstall them.

None. Microsoft doesn't solve issues, they create issues. Linux / UNIX and MacOS are at a totally different level. MS is '90s tech. Too bad most apps are made to work on Windows.

Outlook review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Very nice email system"

What do you like best?

I think that the Outlook email system is excellent! I use it for my three different work emails all at once. I can go back and forth from one to the other without issue and have working calendars with all of them.

What do you dislike?

The main issue I have had is sharing my calendars with others who do not have the same email account as myself. With come colleagues I have these problems but with others it works fine, so I'm not sure why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you and your whole team is on the same system and outlook will be very useful for you

Sharing emails, calendars and events with both small groups and large committees.

Outlook review by User

"Great to keep you organized and communicating"

What do you like best?

Outlook allows for easy sorting of you emails into the appropriate folders. You can opt to block junk users, which works well. The calendar is extremely helpful. The program reminds you of upcoming meetings and tasks. The program allows you to easily schedule meetings with others. I like that it alerts you to new emails by sounds and pop up, allowing you to work with other applications and not allowing you to miss anything.

What do you dislike?

Editing and importing new contacts can occasionally be a pain. Scheduling on the calendar doesn't look quite right for anything less than 30 minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make folders within your inbox to keep better organized and it allows you to find old emails easier. However, the search function is very helpful for finding a past email too.

Outlook allows for ease of communication between one or multiple people. It also allows for ease of set up events for multiple people, by allowing each person to see everyone's schedule and selecting a perfect time and date.

Outlook review by Steven L.
Steven L.

"Microsoft recovery processes seriously flawed. Don't sign up to Outlook / Hotmail"

What do you like best?

- Hotmail / Outlook performs all the basic functions adequately but Gmail achieves this just as well

- It is free (but that is why I guess they do not support it)

The downside is so bad that I would never recommend Hotmail. Move to Gmail.

What do you dislike?

- Poor customer service

- Poor security on accounts when travelling

- No escalation process for issues

- This is a known issue if you Google and see how many people had this problem

There is no adequate recovery process for emails. Have you tried getting an email account re-instated or tried to find out how, what or why your Hotmail has been blocked when travelling overseas?

If Microsoft detects you are using a different server possibly in a different location it can deem your account to have been compromised. If it then does not like your responses to security questions or data just blocks you again and again. The only option is to then complete a recovery form which also gets rejected without explanation.

The Customer Service department is elusive in that it is hard to find who to talk to in the first place, when you do get an email response the agent changes every time and so they request the same information again and again, then when you have provided everything requested they just advise the account cannot be recovered apply for a new one. Yeah dream on.

There is actually no real request for identity i.e. providing passport or ID card etc or willingness to actually talk to you. When going through the recovery process if your information provided is deemed incorrect you are told to start a new account. Forget the fact you have 15 years worth of contacts and history, important business information.

I have been in the middle of job applications and lost important employer responses but after 4 weeks of daily interaction with Microsoft online and a huge amount of time wasted they have again concluded they cannot recover my account.

In my opinion they are either technically unable to recover some accounts which is a major concern but will not concede this or they have commercial reasons for getting users off accounts set up under the old Hotmail regime. Either way it's time to try and better provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to Gmail before you lose or your data and contacts. I have no vested interest in Gmail but just know I have had a very poor experience with Hotmail.

Private use only,

Outlook review by Andre J.
Andre J.

"Solid for communicating but can't be too much at times. "

What do you like best?

Outlook is easy to use and has good functionality but it feels like it is overkill. I think it has too much going on now.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty much like every other email service. So there really isn't anything special about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a standard use email system. No more no less really. I think the email is ripe for disruption. Somebody is gonna come along soon with a better system.

Helps solve communication issues and organize meetings in real time,

Outlook review by User

"Great email and calendar application - with there was a revoke email option"

What do you like best?

I like the organization of the calendars portion of the application, and the ability to have multiple calendars, with color coding, and separate events and owners all accessible within the same account. The email portion is great as well.

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes when I copy/paste text into an email, the formatting will appear consistent before sending, however, after I have sent the email, or when I get a response and see the email further down the chain, I notice that the formatting (often text size and font) are not consistent! This happens even when I adjust the text font/color manually before sending and looks very unprofessional! It can be a pain not to be able to copy/paste without worrying about this when I want to send out the same or similar emails to many people separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's by far the best email and calendar application in a business setting. I do like gmail for personal organization, but I much prefer Outlook for business.

Email network and calendar services

Outlook review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"Microsoft outlook is used as the email system at my job"

What do you like best?

I like how it is organized, with the folders, emails, then the viewing space to read the emails all within the same box. I also am a fan of the calendar on it, I like the multiple ways to view it and also to view other calendars at the same time.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that in my created folders my emails do not seem to stay very long. I'm not sure exactly how long they stay saved, but I've lost several emails because after a time they do disappear, even if they are saved in a separate folder that I created.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great way to stay organized and share information.

It's a great means of communication between staff as well as with others outside the college. It's simple and self explanatory to use. The calendar feature is great to manage your own time as well as to share with others (and share with who you want) what you are up to at any particular time of the day.

Outlook review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"An all-in-one resource for scheduling and e-mail accounts"

What do you like best?

I highly recommend this software. I love that outlook has an integration into virtually every business product I use .Great product to keep you organized on tasks, emails, and keep your calendar organized. From my CRM, company chat, virtual meeting, scheduling, marketing, and more - all fit into outlook. It has so many options; one can customize his/her inbox, sort, organize and set rules. It enables me to send & get meeting invites out and replies.

Also, it doesn't serve personalized ads, and it's all wrapped up in a simple, easy-to-use interface.

What do you dislike?

There are extra steps required to add an attachment to your email. Also it is a little hard to learn however with lots practice it becomes fairly easy to pick up on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great product ans keeps me organized on tasks, emails and keep my calendar organized. It makes my life simpler and saves lots of time as it has made scheduling meeting and blocking others calendar much more easier.

Outlook review by Sophie S.
Sophie S.

"Outlook is above and beyond all else out there"

What do you like best?

Outlook is my favourite email software that I've ever used. Everything you need is in the one product. Emails can be sorted straight into folders, it is my calendar. It allows me to organise the calendars of my team too, which makes my job a lot easier. The fact that emails and calendar are in one place means that instead of having to flit between products, it's all there in one place, which is fab. It allows calendar updates which makes the life of some one planning many different things, ie me, so much easier and means less mistakes are made, which reflects well on me. I use my outlook to keep my life organised, and I'm not sure what I would so without it now!

It is reliable and honestly I don't want to use anything else anymore!

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is anything. Often if I have an issue it's down to my own doing and not that of Outlook itself. I would like to be able to drag and drop folders a bit more easily, but thats it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's by far the best email software I've used if you're looking for connection between your calendar and your emails.

It allows me to streamline everything into one place to ensure that it all works nicely together. I am saving so much time when it comes to planning meetings and comparing diaries. Rules that allow me to send certain emails to a folder saves me so much time!

Outlook review by Elizabeth A.
Elizabeth A.

"Still Learning, but Going int the Right Direction"

What do you like best?

I like that it automatically refreshes, that it is very user-friendly, that it is compatible across our company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that unread messages do not stand out enough from the read messages. I wish there was a way to not auto-mark messages as read when you click on them. I also dislike that gifs don't work when using the desktop app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the desktop version rather than the online version

Communication between coworkers and clients, scheduling and transfer of files.

Outlook review by Jennifer R G.
Jennifer R G.

"An email system that works with you wherever and whenever you need it"

What do you like best?

I've been using Outlook for many years now - with POP3 accounts, IMAP accounts and Exchange accounts. The system is versatile, and has many plugins that allow me to get work done fast. With an Exchange account, I can also set emails to go out at any time in the future whether or not I am actually online - something that helps me manage my work/life balance.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the constant updates that cause conflicts with some third-party apps, such as the iCloud Add-In and others. The two companies - Microsoft & Apple don't play nicely together at times and can cause a headache if you need help.

I needed an email system that would work for my business - Outlook does just that.

Outlook review by Fostina C.
Fostina C.

"Reliable Program "

What do you like best?

Great mail client, very reliable and easy to use for the everyday common person as well as the office professional. I absolutely love using this mail client. User-friendly and easy to organize my conversations into folders

What do you dislike?

Limited space. Searching for emails- this needs to be improved. Mobile app needs some work as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn the complexities!

Keeping track of meetings and appointments as well as easy syncing calendars. Its so important to know when co-workers are available in the instance they need to send clients to. .

Outlook review by Joanna D.
Joanna D.

"Decent email application that gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like that the program is laid out simply, there's not really anything confusing about. There are only a few main tabs that you work from. The functionality is simple but reliable. I also like the ability to do many main functions using the top bar in the program. It's very easy to move emails and reply which is great compared to other email applications.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the "options" menu. The layout is unhelpful, it's very hard to find what you're looking for unless you understand tech language. I often times want to change a setting and it takes me twice as long to find what I'm looking for than other email applications. I also wish the layout was more customizable. It's very boring and lacks the new, fun features that are offered by others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid product, but it doesn't have a lot of extra, luxury add-ons. This is a basic mail and calendar application that will get the job done.

We are solving the problem of communication. We need to quickly speak with each other about orders and Outlook is our primary source for that. The benefits we have received are that the system is reliable and we are able to communicate with each other. We don't have to wonder if the email was received, we know it was. Outlook allows us to get our work done quickly and accurately.

Outlook review by Erik J.
Erik J.

"Outlooks is the best"

What do you like best?

Able to use skype right in outlook. Can change the looks and colors. I have a feeling that Microsoft is more secure that Gmail. I think Google would be willing to give information right up while Microsoft will keep your privacy.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything per say that I dislike about Microsoft Outlook. As an opinion Microsoft is likely a big target for hackers. A the same time Microsoft seems to be able to deal with security.

Cloud Organizing email and face to face chat

Outlook review by Meggie S.
Meggie S.

"Works well and syncs with other Suite products"

What do you like best?

I love that Outlook syncs with my CRM deadlines (kind of).

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Outlook. It is easy to use and provides me with all of the integrations I need to get the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use both the calendar and email functions of this product! Outlook is so easy to use and makes me job so much easier.

I am able to easily work the peoduct in with my business needs - nothing could be better!

Outlook review by Christin W.
Christin W.

"Works like a dream."

What do you like best?

Everything seems to run very smooth. I get my emails in an uncorrupted and fairly timely manner. It is also rather intuitive and easy to use. I love that I can create a folder for every job we are working and keep any and all email correspondence related to said job in said folder. Makes finding an older email for reference much easier than aol.

What do you dislike?

While I understand this is my business email account, it seems a little over-complicated. I do not need all the added bells and whistles. Perhaps if the business I worked for were busier or larger I might have a need for several different ways to label my mail, both as I send and receive. I also find it a little frustrating that I tell it to block a sender and the mail gets through anyway. Everyday I have to re-block what spam gets through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great system. If you have the really good version there are no ads to slow down performance or freeze your system. I have yet to 'lose' an email, and mail comes through in a timely fashion. It is great with organizing saved emails or for creating files to save info in. Very reliable.

Microsoft Outlook makes it very easy and simple to communicate with all our vendors, clients, and other employees who work in the field. It also makes it very easy to organize and save any important emails and attachments.

Outlook review by Maryna I.
Maryna I.

"Great for corporate communication"

What do you like best?

Outlook is a very simple and user-friendly emailing client. It's very comfortable to use on both desktop, web and mobile. Plus it integrates well with other Microsoft products, such as Office and CRM.

What do you dislike?

Occasional performance issues, especially on the Web. Depends on the device in most cases, but happens a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A powerful and efficient mailing client. If you're using Microsoft products at work, Outlooks is a go-to solution.

Business communication mainly. Straightforward and effective.

Outlook review by María Reyes d.
María Reyes d.

"One of the best mail clients"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, beautiful, and makes easier to store and handle all your mails.

It has also a lot of configurable options that enables the user to create rules in order to automate all the tasks you might want to.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more customization with the interface. I do not know if it is possible to do it but I have tried several times and searched on the help page and I could not find how to make the organization of the tabs the way I exactly want.

Managing mail inbox and tasks.

Benefits: Have all the mails organized.

Outlook review by Andrew H.
Andrew H.

"Microsoft Outlook Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of linking Outlook to multiple computers, tablets, etc. The app is great and easy to use on tablets too.

What do you dislike?

Emails do take about 2-3 minutes longer to show up then on my native email server and sometimes, emails I sent don't show up in the sent folder of Outlook. (Rare occurrence but has happened)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd give Outlook an A+ for the calendar function alone. The Mail Client is at least a B+/A- if you understand naturally there's lag between receiving emails from your internal client to the outlook software.

Meetings have been improved since we've all used the outlook calendar. It's so easy to schedule and see conflicts that others may have on their calendars. It's made scheduling and meeting attendance approve drastically.

Outlook review by Avery S.
Avery S.

"The enterprise e-mail-and-more suite"

What do you like best?

Outlook does a good job of unifying email, tasks, contacts, a calendar, and notes. It is the standard for clients that integrate with Microsoft Exchange servers, so if you're using it at work, you probably don't have many alternatives.

What do you dislike?

It changes its design every version. I've been using it for five years and it still surprises me every time they change it to match the Windows/Office experience. Also, if you're using Outlook at work, you probably have an Exchange server and don't have a chance to let people choose their own email client.

There are also a handful of bugs that never seem to go away. Every week or so I'll have an email appear in two lines in my inbox and I have to do a song and dance to get out of it. If something is wrong and you can't solve it, you have to shut down Outlook and run the scanpst.exe tool that somehow will fix what's wrong with the database of everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works great for the out-of-the-box experience. If you want to implement a system like Getting Things Done models, you'll need to get a little creative and tweak settings. Oh, and the location of the settings will move in the next version so all the guides you used to reference (and you will need to Google for them) will require re-interpretation.

It's the central backbone of email and calendar communications for us. All our meeting rooms have schedules on the Exchange server so we can use it to schedule meetings, send emails, track tasks, and keep everything going.

Outlook review by Jordan M.
Jordan M.

"Powerful email, calendar and contact management solution that is the industry standard"

What do you like best?

Supports almost any email provider including exchange, gmail, outlook.com, yahoo, and others. Notifies you of incoming messages and supports reminders for calendar appointments. Can minimize to the taskbar and leave it open

What do you dislike?

Big and bulky and is easily slowed down by syncing third party email accounts or plugins. The interface can be daunting and overly complex for simple email management

Recommendations to others considering the product

The newer ribbon interface makes it easier to discover settings and features. Give it a try. Integrates well with other microsoft products such as Teams and Office

Answering customer questions and internal business needs. Scheduling and reminders of meetings and appointments. Keeps me informed of upcoming meetings and get instantly notified when there are new messages to read.

Outlook review by Maria Jose N.
Maria Jose N.

"good software"

What do you like best?

Hotmail allows to send and recieve information from people of all parts of the world

What do you dislike?

I dislike the presentation of the page, i think it can be more organized

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend hotmail to be use as principal email to get information about work or personal information. It is easy to use and very practical

I use hotmail for communicate with all my importants contacts about every subject of my life, including education, jobs and personal nformation.

Outlook review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Outlook"

What do you like best?

I enjoy my Microsoft Outlook because it give me the freedom to organize my meetings, my emails, and contacts all within one log in. I am able to receive emails with meeting dates and its added to my calendar automatically. I also am able to set rules to tell certain emails to go to certain folders so i can move through my emails faster.

What do you dislike?

It seems that sometimes it does not update like it should. I sometimes wait over ten mins just for my email to refresh.

I am able to communicate with my clients in a quick and professional manner. I am able to have a signature on every email without having to add it each time. I can also have one each email address i have attached to one login.

Outlook review by Hannah B.
Hannah B.

"Why mess with something that works"

What do you like best?

Easy filing system for emails that makes it simple to sort through emails.

What do you dislike?

Probably just a me problem, but I always end up searching through my 'current mailbox' for an email that's filed in a different place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an organization that does a lot of calendar sharing and all that jazz, outlook is worth it.

Outlook is great for calendar sharing, for syncing your email calendar to your phone, and for meeting invites.

Outlook review by Daniel J. S.
Daniel J. S.

"Outlook Office mail"

What do you like best?

I like how easily you can input data for contacts that are shared with others at the company.

Another feature that I find useful is the ability to schedule task reminders

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to connect my mobile phone to my outlook email from work.

the ability to scan business cards and directly add the information into contacts.

I am inputing data from business cards into contacts and setting reminders for my boss.

Outlook review by Nick N.
Nick N.

"Love Outlook!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of Outlook is really it's the greatest quality. I love the fluidity of contacts, email, and calendar.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is difficult might be the sheer number of options I'm presented with. Perhaps something a little more user-friendly could still offer each option but have it be easily found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for business integration, I can't think of anything better.

This is my main form of communication with clients, coworkers, etc. It allows me to keep meetings and vital contact information that I need to do my job well.

Outlook review by User

"Outlook has made my job efficient and effective"

What do you like best?

I love how universal outlook is. It is so wonderful to be able to use it freely on my computer and also my phone.

What do you dislike?

The only improvement I would like to outlook is to be able to organize my archives in a way I want to instead of alphabetically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely utilize all of the tools that outlook has to offer. I think many of them are useful and we aren't even aware that they exist!

I have been able to make my scheduling so much easier. I love that I am able to view others schedules and make meeting times accordingly with the schedule assistant.

Outlook review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Worst tagging and back up system"

What do you like best?

It has features you would expect of a mail client, everything from signatures to auto-responders.

What do you dislike?

IMAP accounts do not allow categories, only POP3. Tagging an email with a category can only be done in email accounts that are set up so that they cannot be accessed from another device. This forces you to have a system of deleting or sorting emails unless you restrict access. I also hate accidentally deleting my contacts all the time when I hit the wrong button trying to autofill an email address. Adding new contacts is so painful and difficult, and the way it automatically compresses images in my signature makes it ugly.

It is a mail client, you check, write, and respond to emails on it. For business, I have found absolutely no benefit to using it over free mail clients.

Outlook review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Microsoft Outlook good for office email"

What do you like best?

What I like about Microsoft Outlook is that the layout is very user friendly. I'm able to create multiple folders on the left to sort my emails, which is great. Additionally I can create automatic filters to sort my incoming emails into these folders. I like the search bar on the top right of Outlook because it allows me to search for an email if I'm not sure which folder it went in. Most of the functions I need to use on a daily basis are located at the top of the program (ex. contacts search, delete, new email, etc.)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program gets disconnect from my user account. I'll often have to type in my email password again, and wait for my emails to sync and download. This can be annoying sometimes. Also, sometimes I'm not sure of a person's exact email and I'll attempt to type it into the "to" bar. I wish the program did a better job of finding the name I'm looking for. Often it won't do it, and I'll have to go into contacts search to look for the person's name so that I can find their email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Microsoft Outlook as an email program for your office needs.

Microsoft Outlook is our go-to email system in my office. One great feature is that managers can create meetings via the email system. After accepting the meeting it will automatically add itself to my calendar, and send me a reminder when the meeting is close.

Outlook review by Jaclyn F.
Jaclyn F.

"Could be A LOT better..."

What do you like best?

The only benefit that I get from using Outlook is that it integrates all of my colleagues' calendars with mine.

What do you dislike?

Outlook is slow, it's always crashing, and it does not integrate well with other software. I also hate that I cannot drag and drop attachments from emails onto a web page. This makes it more of a tedious process to drag and drop onto a desktop and then to the web page.

I only use Outlook because this is what my company uses. It is only effective because others use it and I am able to check out a colleague's calendar or search for a colleague. Other than these benefits I think it needs many updates.

Outlook review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Love what Outlook has to offer! "

What do you like best?

I love how it doesn't clump emails together like GMail will. Most of my emails have the same subject titles for work and if it worked in Gmail they would clump, but Outlook won't. I love how easy it is to use and the simplicity of the calendar.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is when my calendar invites auto change times to candidates or clients of mine. I don't know if it's because they are using a different email or what, but there have been times where someone will call in confusion on why I changed their meeting when I haven't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for an easy to use calendar, and emailing system. Everywhere I have worked we have always used Outlook and have always been pleased with how easy and the capability it has for the workplace. Making and dropping calendar invites on people's calendars are easy to do and there is no confusing email clumping.

Outlook helps with keeping me organized and reminding me of meetings. I love being able to stay organized by being able to make my own folders and dropping emails in the folders they belong. The spam is very helpful. I enjoy the rules that you can make, it is another thing that helps me stay organized.

Outlook review by Heather R.
Heather R.

"I love outlook!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily attach files, send links, set up a signature and maintain my calendar in outlook. It's also convenient to see other people's calendars to know when they are free or busy, especially for my team. We also have a calendar that is integrated with share point on our team site and this proves to be extremely helpful as well. It also integrates with office communicator/Lync which is useful as well.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about it - I'm able to configure it as I want it and know that it will stay this way each time I open it.

It's so easy to send emails with files, links and even copying and pasting images that are online with the text for easy explanations or troubleshooting. The calendar features are amazing as well as I mentioned before.

Outlook review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Microsoft Outlook Review"

What do you like best?

My work recently upgraded to the newest version. This version is much better than its predecessor. It's much faster loading emails. I receive a high volume of emails every day and sometimes it would lag, and a bunch of emails would load all at once. This version of Outlook doesn't do that as much.

What do you dislike?

In the older version, you could sort emails by "conversations" and when you clicked on an email, all other emails belonging to that chain would highlight in blue. This version no longer does that. It was a super convenient and easy way to organize emails and I was able to quickly find emails I needed to reference. There is now a button you can click that shows all the corresponding emails but it's not as fluid/easy. Another issue I've run into is when I try to drag and drop emails into subfolders, sometimes I can't get the email to go in. It's just keep bouncing back to the main inbox. That can be annoying,

Outlook is obviously necessary for emailing. It's very important for my work since it's the number 1 method of communication. Outlook makes organization very easy. You can set up automatic filters, which will directly filter emails into folders based on who they're from. That's great for saving time.

Outlook review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great mail program easily integrates with may other programs"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to easily sort mail into different folders and the ability flag emails as tasks with reminders and due date. The calendar makes scheduling meetings a breeze and the ability to share your calendar with others and to accept or decline invitations to meetings is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when connecting to or disconnecting from a VPN Outlook won't always reconnect to the server and I will stop receiving emails until I notice it and click send and receive messages at which point it will usually reconnect to the server.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Outlook to anyone that needs a great email and calendar program. It does a great job at allowing you to sort emails assign priority to tasks and plan out your week as well as look at coworkers availability.

Outlook is probably the best tool I have for communicating with colleagues and scheduling meetings together as well as letting other people know what my availability is.

Outlook review by Alora V.
Alora V.

"Great way to use email and connect business programs"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can connect the programs I use through outlook. It makes it easier to manage my day to day activities. The calendar is great and works perfectly to schedule meetings and let people know when I am not available.

What do you dislike?

It tends to "not respond" quite often, especially if I am trying to work too fast.

Communication between employees, send memos and information out quickly, schedule training's and meetings.

Outlook review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Great email and scheduling program"

What do you like best?

What I really love, if you can love a computer program, is the way that Outlook allows you to organize your emails, your calendars, daily tasks, and almost anything else you need to get through the day. You can create calendar invitations to others, whether on Outlook or not. All you need is an email address. The way that Outlook just blends with other Microsoft Office products makes life easy while doing to business.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that drives me nuts with outlook, as compared to other email products, is emails getting stuck in the outbox. It seems to happen more than it should, and I've never been able to figure out what the reason happens to be. I'm sure there is an algorithm Microsoft uses to intentionally make this a problem with each release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Microsoft Outlook, I would tell you that it is a great comprehensive email and calendar program. If used properly, you will stay organized, and be able to tell someone with certainty when you are available to meet. If you have to "get back to someone", you have the potential to lose a sale.

The benefits of Microsoft Outlook are numerous. The benefits most definitely are easy to see. I am able to stay organized whether I am in the office, or out meeting with clients. My calendar and email are integrated allowing me to maximize time spent planning. The downfall of any business is disorganization. Microsoft Outlook most definitely helps.

Outlook review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great email system"

What do you like best?

I think that the Outlook email system is great! we created 3 different shared inbox , 1 per client and email get redirected in the corresponding inbox automatically

Makes management very easy

What do you dislike?

I always have to archived because my inbox is full and then I have to open the archives if I need something from previous months

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used outlook 365 but was a pain to integrate with other devices (eg phone) , I am using outlook 2010 now and it's fine :)

email communications with clients and we are using the calendar to schedule meeting, the reminder are quite helpful.

we do also use outlook to create ICS and use them in Eloqua in our email communication

Outlook review by Jordan W.
Jordan W.

"A solid management tool for calendar and emails"

What do you like best?

I love that the calendar can be synced across multiple platforms, mostly I find Tasks to be a very helpful feature, it helps control the chaos on a busy day

What do you dislike?

If I had to write something it would probably be searching for particular emails,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, great program for both small and large companies

It helps me on a day to day not only with communication but my high priority plans aswell

Outlook review by Melanie T.
Melanie T.

"Functional, but never my first choice."

What do you like best?

Being able to see email threads easily. The design is very clean and corporate.

What do you dislike?

After using Gmail for so long, I find Outlook to be very archaic in it's abilities. Folders can't auto sort from promotions and social like Gmail can.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a clean and simple corporate friendly option, Microsoft Outlook is an acceptable choice. However, if you want a more robust email & calendar solution, I would choose Gmail.

The calendar functions (saying yes or no to meetings), are very handy and well integrated with Outlook. Helps keep the team organized.

Outlook review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent UI, some minor issues"

What do you like best?

flexibility and customization. Easy to use and manipulate

What do you dislike?

Some features are not included like saving the font size to be bigger or smaller, and it stalls out when sending large emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to research all you can about it. It's really useful for its calendar and mail options. I would highly recommend archiving everything older than six months because otherwise it would take up a ridiculous amount of space. Try to zip your files or change powerpoints to pdfs to save a lot of space. Then it would be easier to send those large emails. Try to be as flexible as possible because when sending large files sometimes it crashes which is always an annoyance. Enjoy! It's a great product and i'm sure you'll like it.

Work problems and calendar

Outlook review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Outlook Is Productive"

What do you like best?

I like how well it communicates with its desktop, mobile, and internet (cloud) based services.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how much of a memory (resource) hog it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to purchase this, it becomes more effective the more you learn how to make use of its organization and its ability to provide add-ins and extensions. Setting up rules will automate most of your organizing, and it's great with your phone too!

We are solving some contacts and communication issues with our agents. They are able to realize the benefit of keeping their business life organized and reachable.

Outlook review by Alissa J.
Alissa J.

"Great email service!"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to use, fast and visually appealing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Everything is great with Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone who uses email a lot on a regular basis. It is fast, organized and easy to use.

I use Outlook for my work email and it has been great. It's organized, clear and very useful.

Outlook review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"There is a reason Outlook is the standard"

What do you like best?

It does it all, integrates calendar, email and tasks. I love it. It makes life easier in the office. The mobile application works well too. It is the standard for office integration .

What do you dislike?

Nothing of note. Sometimes finding a setting can be challenging. At times something will change and finding out how to fix it involves the IT team. It shouldnt be that hard to find a fix to a problem in the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, its great

Its made life easier

Outlook review by Douglas L.
Douglas L.

"Microsoft Outlook is a very useful business software package"

What do you like best?

The Calendar and reminders are very helpful for organizing your day

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are too many options on viewing the layout and 1 small change can sometimes be difficult to find in the menu

Recommendations to others considering the product

That they should really look into the office 365 route for could based mail

Corp. email suite scheduling of all meetings and resources for the company

Outlook review by Suzen M.
Suzen M.

"Great for multiple accounts"

What do you like best?

Able to link all of my work email accounts to one interface

What do you dislike?

It doesn't load the pop mail emails very fast, and sometimes will not load attachments

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have multiple features for email and calendars this is the program for you

Able to keep all email platforms under one solid platform. Easy to use when needing to locate specific emails or attachments

Outlook review by Andy C.
Andy C.

"Meeting our needs, but is it the best?"

What do you like best?

Emails can be read, sent and accessed easily. Calendar tool is very useful and allows us to schedule meetings that everyone can be invited and see at their own computer. Send/read receipts are valuable tools to have when sending an email.

What do you dislike?

The system has always seemed dated and "too simple" it seems as if competitors continue to grow and update features and other updates that Outlook still lacks. it seems as if the system is really old and doesn't keep of with the other email systems out there.

Easily communicating dates and events within the company. Master calendar allows everyone access to view upcoming events, meetings and the dates and times of each meeting

Outlook review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Quick and Easy Communication"

What do you like best?

I love how quick and easy this product is. When you have a question you can instantly send the question work on something else and wait for the answer. No need to spend hours on the phone, listening to voicemails, snail mail or even chasing someone down.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about this product. It just keeps getting better and better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't stop getting better. As soon as I think you can't get any better, you come up with an amazing upgrade.

Our company is across the United States. It is very useful to send an email and wait for a response. Time zones create problems. But with emails it makes it super easy.

Outlook review by Jerrell A.
Jerrell A.