Do you work for Outlook?

Microsoft Outlook Reviews & Product Details

What is Microsoft Outlook?

Microsoft Outlook 2010, the premium business and personal e-mail management tool and calendar software to help you stay in touch.

Microsoft Outlook Profile Details

Microsoft Outlook Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

Microsoft Outlook Reviews

1-50 of 612 total Outlook reviews

Microsoft Outlook Reviews

1-50 of 612 total Outlook reviews
Outlook review by Matthew L.
President

"Old and Outdated"

What do you like best?

There is not a lot that I actually like about this platform. Why use a desktop client at all? These types of programs never truly work and its always leaving you wanting for more. Having something not backed up on the cloud is something that is truly annoying to me. And then there is the spam. I have an account that has had for about 10 years and it is constantly barraged with spam and I can not in any way get rid of it. It's quite annoying actually. I can't even use the email anymore using their system. I can filter it through google and they do a much better job.

What do you dislike?

I dislike just about everything about the product. Sure the email system works, but it's just not in any way something that most people want. I had someone asked me why I still was using the program and I had to tell them, I don't really use it. It was embarrassing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try something else.

The problem that I was trying to solve was back in 1998 when I created my first email account. I didnt have any other good solutions at the time. You realize what I am saying there. I started this account a long time ago and I cant even use it. I used it for business outside of high school and now I cant use it because of the spam and other reasons. If someone only had that email, I wont get their email. Which is very sad.

Outlook review by Kelly L.
Freelance employee
Higher Education

"Easy business email"

What do you like best?

Outlook makes it really simple to provide email company-wide. I love being able to use it on my desktop at work, online, and also through the app on my mobile phone. I like getting the desktop and mobile notifications because I have everything at my fingertips.

What do you dislike?

With a lot of emails, it can be a little hard to sort them on the mobile app. On the desktop, you can see all the responses individually, but on the mobile app they're all in one thread. I hope Outlook changes this in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Outlook to anyone in a bigger company that needs email/calendar services. It's really easy to be able to email coworkers with the company directory and be able to invite them to meeting requests, see when they're busy, use it to reserve rooms, and more.

Outlook makes it easy to communicate with everyone throughout the company. We make a lot of use of the company directory - you just type in a name or a group name and it pops right up. This makes it so much easier to email someone you don't have an email address for. We also heavily make use of calendars to schedule events, meetings, reserve rooms, and more.

Outlook review by Anthony N.
Coordinador de soporte técnico

"Organize your emails"

What do you like best?

Microsoft outlook is a personal information manager, in which we can link our corporate or personal e-mail accounts, has a large repertoire of options for e-mail writing, mailing, personalization of folders, rules, personal signatures , creation of tables, insert images, ETC.

You can have order and control of your emails.

What do you dislike?

At the moment of creating sub-folders and applying a rule so that emails from a specific sender arrive directly to that folder, it does not show me the notification of a new email on the desktop, I have to go directly to the outlook and update the tray manually to know that I have new incoming emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook is the perfect software to keep your emails organized, you can manage different email accounts.

You can keep your emails safe using a pst file.

If the corporate mail server is of little storage with microsoft outlook you can solve this problem, since all the mails that enter in your tray directly are stored in a pst file that is saved in the folder my documents with the name of the account of emails that you linked.

The clutter of emails in my inbox, with Microsoft Outlook I have organized my inbox by client, contact persons and emails with important information, so that when searching for it I can find it easily.

If you go to a business meeting and hard 3 days from the office but do not have time to notify all your customers or important people, you can leave an automatic message programmed and every time you receive an email immediately that scheduled mail will be sent as an automatic response to all people who send or copy in an email.

Outlook review by Molly L.
Mortgage Loan Assistant

"Really like the outlook"

What do you like best?

I love keeping my emails organized, and that you can search, and make folders so easily. I also like that as part of a team I can check in to others inboxes. I also like how the calendar works, I like the highlight feature and the way you can add a whole email into a calendar appointment so you can easily recall without searching.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when I search I cannot find the deleted emails. I also do not like that when I look in anothers inbox I cannot look into their folders. I also don't like when somehow I hit a button and the whole layout of my inbox changes. I wish there was a way for me to say go back without having to search and google for how to get it back to my regular view. I wish the recall was more responsive, and would let me know if it works or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to keep emails organized. A really top notch program for businesses.

I really enjoy how customizable it is and how easy it is to use. I like how you can add contacts and their business cards. I also like that WORD is basically integrated in it so its easy to edit the body of the email instead of adding an attachment. I also like the recall feature so when I forget to add an attachment, or if I don't want to send something I can take it back.

Outlook review by Regina R.
Risk Management

"Microsoft Outlook - USER"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Microsoft Outlook is the ease of use. I use Microsoft Outlook on a daily basis for work. I go through thousands of emails a week and love the ease of finding specific emails that I may need and the ease of organizing my mailbox with folders. I love that I can send appointment reminders, share calendar invites, keep my contacts all in one place and even put together a task list for daily motivation. I love that I can access my flagged items and that they appear on the side for easy viewing. I appreciate being able to customize the colors of the backgrounds and be able to change it based on my mood with a single click of the button.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Microsoft Outlook is the speed of recalling an email. While I am not one hundred percent sure that this is a Microsoft Outlook issue, the times that I have used this feature, possibly 9 times out of 10, I was not able to recall and the recipient had seen it. It's not a huge deal, but it's something that has been done enough times for me to remember.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a business looking for a platform for emails, check out Microsoft Outlook.

What business problems are you solving with using Microsoft Outlook... I think the main thing that I would focus on is that many and most all large businesses use Microsoft Outlook for their emails. It is probably the most secure for the amount of emails that are sent through daily.

Outlook review by Rachel  A.
Health Project Coordinator
(10,001+ employees)

"Default and Adequate Software, Unexpected glitches"

What do you like best?

I love the interface where you can switch from calendar to email, and that the third tab is a task list created by flagging important emails and assigning them a due date+time. I like being able to see the schedules for the people I meet with when they share their availability, and the notifications that I get when a scheduled meeting intersects with anything on a participant's calendar

What do you dislike?

The calendar and repeat scheduling features unfortunately leave a lot to be desired. When moving locations or changing any detail about an event, it can appear that the entire series is cancelled to the invite list, but the coordinator/owner of the event cannot see it. Sending out reminders and notes to the entire attendee group is also not very intuitive, and often times the recipients recieve different messages than the one the sender can see.

Microsoft outlook provides my entire email service, task management, and calendar+timeline planning for my jon

Outlook review by Creig N.
TDY Reservations Tools and Technology -Operational Products
Airlines/Aviation
(10,001+ employees)

"A standard but could use a refresh"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I do like about the program, is that it is a trusted name. There is a lot of stability in the platform and it is still very intuitive and easy to adopt.

What do you dislike?

While a stable platform, little has been changed in this application. I think there are tremendous opportunities for this product to help users get to the ultimate goal of "inbox zero". The search and indexing features do sometimes make it hard to quickly fin data within the application and I really wish there were some better AI used in categorizing items within the application. Outlook could be a great tool for newer users to learn some great skills in digital communication and calendaring, but instead they have relied on the same old same old, with little change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I actually prefer Google products when it comes to Email, calendaring and task management. I think those platforms offer a little bit better indexing and integration into other services.

Currently I use this platform for email, task management, and calendaring. We do have the add ins for room scheduling, but we are still looking for a more robust and user friendly solution.

Outlook review by Celeste B.
Documentation Manager

"Recommending Microsoft Outlook"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Outlook is the quality needed for the professional business I work for. Love that it's professional and easy to use on my PC and my mobile phone. There are many options for setting up your mail, calendar, contacts, including advanced settings to your business needs and personal likes.

What do you dislike?

I am not 100% happy with the new look and themes that have recently came out with the upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a high quality email and calendar software for either business or personal needs, Microsoft Outlook will satisfy that need.

It is important for me to be in contact with my clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and Microsoft Outlook makes this possible most of the time. Our business is run by emails, so depending on a great email exchange is crucial and Microsoft Outlook has given me that security even when I am not at my desk.

Outlook review by Hunter B.
Technology Consultant

"Microsoft Outlook - The Gold Standard in Mail Clients"

What do you like best?

The best part about Outlook is the organization of it all. With each release of a newer program, they stick to adding things in to help keep you organized, such as color coding emails from certain senders, or the task list.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, certain errors come up that are not clearly evident what the issue is. Many times it's cloud related, but you have no way of knowing. I wish there was some type of service status window inside Outlook that you could click on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many email clients out there, which are just fine. However, Outlook is pretty much the "gold standard" that I stated in my title, when it comes to email. The invite functions are pretty much standard across all different sorts of users, from business to personal email. If you are using something else, you are missing out on a plethora of features, from task management, to rules based routing of emails. You are just not going to find that in something like "Thunderbird" from Mozilla.

Communication via email the major thing we are resolving, along with organizing tasks.

Outlook review by Amanda L.
Claims Advisor

"Excellent for accessing emails daily "

What do you like best?

I work from home, so having my email up and running all day is crucial, it's my main way of communicating with everyone in the office. It updates immediately and I don't have to wait for emails to show up. It's a seamless way to access emails.

What do you dislike?

I don't like all the options at the top, I'd like to be able to hide the majority of the advanced things so I can find what i'm looking for immediately. Nothing else really makes this product bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it.. it's much better than any other email platform, or using a web-browser platform. It's all inclusive and lets you sync your calendar and such with other employees.

Working from home, I'm able to keep in touch with co-workers and repair facilities by having seamless access to my email at all times of the day on my desktop and on my cell phone.

"Excellent Mail Application"

What do you like best?

I like that Microsoft Outlook allows me to access my work email from home. I use a MAC at home and I actually do not like the normal mail application. I have found that outlook allows for me to incorporate all of my emails, whether it be work, home, or professional email accounts.

What do you dislike?

At least on the MAC application of outlook, it looks a little outdated. I think the user interface needs a new upgrade to make the product look like its from 2018.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Microsoft Outlook for you work emails. It will allow for everyone to stay up to date with all things related to work, while out of the office.

Microsoft Outlook allows for me to log into my work email from home while off of work servers. This comes in handy when I need to respond to important emails out of work hours.

Outlook review by Kyle M.

"Simple"

What do you like best?

I get a lot of emails from our distribution network and this program allows great organization of emails, as well as automation of sorting these emails into the correct locations. I really like the ability to customize emails in a personal way. It's simple to set up a signature for all of your emails, including adding a picture to your signature. I also like that the program checks your email addresses you're inputting, this allows for less mistakes in sending emails to the wrong people.

What do you dislike?

If you aren't constantly using the program it can lag on refreshing it. I generally am using multiple programs at a time and outlook generally sits in the background of my other programs. If I don't check it every so often it can take a bit longer for it to update the e-mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend looking into the settings of this program. There are many unique features that will allow you to change almost anything inside it. The forums are a great help when you're struggling to get anything to work.

We've used this product to keep in touch with our distributors all over the world. It's allowed easy access to many different avenues for us. It's quick, simple, and very easy to use. The integration of outlook on our phones allows on the go access to emails as well. Since some of our workers work from home occasionally it can be easier to get in touch with them this way.

Outlook review by Morgan M.
Digital Moderator
Airlines/Aviation
(10,001+ employees)

"Broadly used corporate email platform for good reason"

What do you like best?

Outlook has many settings - my favorites are to add a signature at the end of your email, set an away response,, set up specific email folders and to flag important emails. I have the ability to access this on my mobile as well, which allows for numerous notification options. I like when it vibrates when I get a new email, for awareness and to stay connected.

The events calendar is also integrated with your phone, and will send you notifications (if you set it up) of meetings, etc, that you have scheduled for the day. I never forget anything anymore!

New favorite feature: Outlook can now warn a user replying to an email if they were blind copied, so they can choose not to reply to everyone but only the sender.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit as far as how many emails/space I can have in my inbox. I then have to delete emails, my sent emails, and/or the trash bin to free up space. If I need to save certain email chains, I recommend that you make a "personal" folder connected to your desktop computer space saving. However, this is not accessible on mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook has been working for years to constantly improve it's features, and with each update they definitely do that.

Communication is more than crucial in any business environment. This allows for unlimited communication of policy changes, reminders, and leader memos to be sent company wide. This connects all of our employees on a global scale.

Outlook review by Mirela C.

"Outlook is my favourite email software"

What do you like best?

Fast access to preview of attachments. I like this especially for pictures or documents -you can review the attachments and select what you prefer to save or forward to someone else. I also like that I can add a reminder on an email and the entire content is pulled out when I need to refer to it. I like how easily notifications can be snoozed or dismissed without actually getting into the calendar.

What do you dislike?

No on-line access to email and calendar (I have them downloaded locally). It is a bit hard to find features in settings. I only use the Outlook Calendar for reminders -this is not my main calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you learn how to use as many as features as possible. I find out that most of the time I am required to take fast action and stick to the basics, whitout allocating sufficient time to learn new things about the software I use. As with any software, the more you know about it, the more you can increase work productivity.

Use it to communicate with clients and business partners, and for advertising. Also use it for filling on dedicated project folders for easy reference.

It is user friendly and I like the interface. Easy categorized emails provide fast searches. All translating in time saving.

Outlook review by Carrie C.
Clinical Informatics Learning Specialist
Hospital & Health Care
(10,001+ employees)

"Good software - they made great improvements"

What do you like best?

Conversation feature to group email conversation threads is very helpful. Flagging options and colour coding of emails and categories is one of the best features for organizing email and calendar items.

Larger files are able to be attached than most other email software. It also lets you import social media contacts straight into your address book. It also automatically saves contact information from sent and received email messages, so you don’t have to manually enter them.

What do you dislike?

Outlook is a bit confusing to set up and use because of its numerous options.

You cannot create smart folders, flags, or rules that "learn" by example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a lot better than when it first came out. I was not a lover of Outlook and did not want to switch but have to say that I do really like the product now.

There are a lot of options for coding emails and calendar items by category, by flagging, folders, sub folders, by colour coding etc.

Outlook review by Bettyanne M.
Customer Service Representative
Insurance
(10,001+ employees)

"Simplistic and very user friendly. "

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple. I never have any issues with sending or receiving. I can access my work email remotely. I can set up a vacation notification when I will not be available. Setting up signatures if multiple are needed, it is easy to add more than 1.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints with this email program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is truly an easy office email client.

The benefits I have are that I can see the people I work with and see if they are available, away or if they are out. I an able to search the database for people and can add them directly into the "to" area. I also love the fact that it integrates my calendar and sends me reminders for important things.

Outlook review by Juan Camilo R.

"Much improved, but archaic when compared to superior options as GMAIL"

What do you like best?

Decent amount of storage, basic e-mail functionality, intuitive to use and fully compatible with mostly every device either by webpage or standalone app.

Full integration with Microsoft's Windows and office software. It has been around longer than mostly everyone of the known alternatives.

What do you dislike?

Archaic, slow to catch up, had it not been because I've been using it since 1997 and have a gazillion contacts and old emails I would have abandoned a decade ago at least.

Smaller available storage when compared to similar options.

Insecure, my account has been hacked twice since I created the email (managed to recover it both times)

Always playing catch up in features but never up to par, the UI while better than it used, still leaves a lot to be desired.

Forced integration with other Microsoft apps like Skype which somehow ends up signing online without asking me everytime I open the hotmail email.

Atrocious spam filter that lets everything through and sometimes blocks needed email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just avoid it and get GMAIL instead.

I have used it for 21 years for all types of home, personal, school and business communications.

Outlook review by Lisa D.
Helpdesk Technician
Hospital & Health Care

"outlook is the most used exchange around"

What do you like best?

outlook has so many features that you can use. The calender is the best, invites and reminders that you can have alert you on your cell phone. Its easy to acess outlook mail from your mobile devices. I love the rule features so you can really customize how you want your outlook to function for you.

What do you dislike?

i dont like when i run into a problem that even google cant help with. as in a rule is set to delay mail for 5 minutes from being sent so i can edit or add things if needed but now when i edit it freezes the rule and i am having trouble finding out why

Recommendations to others considering the product

i love outlook and how many options i have to customize my inbox, sort, organize and set rules. Being able to get meeting invites out and replies recorded is so much less stress in my life.

meeting! being able to invite, keep track and get reminded is the best for us. the instant window when a new email arrives is also nice so you can preview what came in without opening unless needed.

Outlook review by Kelsey M.
Social Media Coordinator

"Great for Organizing Emails, But Not As User Friendly As Google"

What do you like best?

Clumping emails together based on the subject line is extremely helpful for getting organized. I also really enjoy the way it integrates with Outlook Calendar. Receiving emails of calendar invites and the ability to respond within that email instead of solely through Calendar is great!

What do you dislike?

i wish it was easier to drop photos or screenshots or gifs into emails. Instead of just drag and dropping, you have to do so many more steps to include a snapshot, not an attachment, to an email. And don't even try sending gifs to teammates - it doesn't support them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook is a great email and calendar tool. If you buy into the entire Microsoft360 plan, it's definitely worth it and integrates extremely well. It's not quite as easy to navigate as Google Drive/Gmail, but once you get used to it, it's a great asset!

The integration with Outlook Calendar, Skype for Business and Sharepoint are extremely helpful. We're able to use it in our agency setting and have all of our information in one place. Outlook, along with it's supported apps such as Skype for Business, are critical in keeping up with communication between our team members and clients.

Outlook review by Kasey B.
Director, Community Relations and Group Sales
Sports

"User for years, won't switch from Outlook!"

What do you like best?

Outlook is such an easy email platform to use, whether you are on the app or you are on a web browser. There are so many features that are really easy to use. It makes it easy for you to save and find anything you could be looking for in your account.

What do you dislike?

It was a little tough at first for me to figure out a couple of the things (like that I have to be on the web browser to set an automatic reply), but once I figure it out, it made it really easy to use.

I use email every day for my job. As things have turned more digital, it has made it easy for me to get information and advertisements to clients and potential clients.

Outlook review by Madison G.
CS Escalations Specialist

"Good overall!"

What do you like best?

Outlook is best for organizing emails with ease, setting up appointments/meetings, the works. I also like the easy ability to view my emails offline while travelling or just not at work, as well.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally it breaks and crashes, and I've had to uninstall and reinstall outlook twice now in the past three months. I just wish it wasn't as buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please prepare for any times it may go down to the point of having to reinstall it. Make sure you save all the attachments and drafts you need just in case!

I use outlook for my basic communication purposes, and I use it to do my job as an inquiry analyst 100% of the time.

Outlook review by Kelly A.
Recruiter
Human Resources

"Great mail system that is user friendly"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the singular uniformity across all of Microsoft Office products. All of the systems are similar in structure and function, making it easy to move from one platform to another.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes at the time. I believe my specific issues are due to management permissions, not a software problems. My system is not set up for autofill, which can be a pain when sending inter office communications to common/recent senders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend taking advantage of all trainings provide for Outlook. There are several functions that create time saving short cuts in the system.

Outlook provides a centralized email systems that is syncs well with all of my other systems and platforms. It is user friendly and intuitive.

"Outlook Review"

What do you like best?

Outlook, like other Microsoft products, is easy to navigate and customize, both for usage and company specific needs. I like that I can organize my inbox in a way that is logical to my workflow.

What do you dislike?

Outlook often freezes, especially when opening after the machine has been turned off. It also could have a much better task list feature beyond flagging, incorporating the to-do list function would be much more functional, especially if it asked you if you would like to fill out a to-do item with details, as flagged emails don't necessary get the follow-up they need, as they get buried in the pile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how your workflow can benefit from the customization of the user interface and the automation that it provides.

Outlook creates a unified presence across the enterprise while also incorporating with Skype and Teams, allowing for one-stop-shopping when it comes to creating meetings and joining meetings.

Outlook review by Dustin K.

"I like it better than other email services for work related projects. "

What do you like best?

Easy to make folders, and it splits the UI into 3 sections so I can organize my folders quickly and effortlessly. If you use any other office program then this will be easy to operate. It was easy for my company to setup for our needs.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that was really difficult to use or difficult to customize. I dislike the new look, however my company uses the old style which i'm very happy with. The new look is very confusing and too flashy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most powerful and easiest to use email software I have ever used. I'm sure it has it's limits and faults, however I have not ran into any of them.

We use outlook for all company related emails.

Outlook review by Administrator

"Great email system"

What do you like best?

Outlook is a great email system. It is convenient and I like the way it is set up. I used to like the way gmail was set up until they made a bunch of new changes. Outlook is friendlier and it is organized. There are so many things you can do with it- especially since it is compatible with other Microsoft products.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about Outlook is that you cannot copy and paste your away message when you put up your out of office message. I usually like to provide people with links online to find resources if they cant reach me so its annoying to type out a hyperlink.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Outlook is a great system to use to keep communication organized.

Internal and external communication between staff and students. I think it makes things easier when everyone is using the same platform. We solve most of our problems with the help of Outlook.

Outlook review by Rachel S.
Administrative Assistant

"Great software "

What do you like best?

I like that you can keep up with your calendar ,task to do, and all of your contacts in one place. The follow up option is a great feature to remind you to follow up on a task. I use the task function to keep up with all of the things I have to accomplish during the week and it really helps to keep me organized! It is also convenient to be able to keep up with all of my contacts in one place so I do not have to search for them when I need them. I also like that I can keep up with my calendar on the same software and do not have to keep up with a planner!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint l that have is that it is a little hard to learn however with lots practice it becomes fairly easy to pick up on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to keep you organized on tasks, emails, and keep your calendar organized. I highly recommend this software if you are looking to make a switch!

I am able to keep all of my contacts in one place and keep up with task that I need to do throughout the day. It keeps me organized.

Outlook review by Andrew P.
Chief of Staff
Maritime

"Microsoft Outlook is a constant platform for communication in the workplace."

What do you like best?

Microsoft Outlook allows you to maintain thousands of emails and calendar meetings all in one portal. Further it translates better with Word and Powerpoint. Also you can have multiple email accounts in one place.

What do you dislike?

Organizing different email accounts and securing access can become more difficult in a large office setting. One thing I would like to change is how the system maintains the rules you place to automatic organize emails. Another downside is my office receives more spam issues. However Microsoft support has been helpful in addressing spam emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use multiple email accounts for work ,or just want to mix work and personal files in one app. Outlook is great solution. Also Outlook allows you to flag and set tags to different categories. The interface between emails and calendar gives you the option to quickly add meetings or reminders and move to the next task. No extra steps to organize meeting invites and save the dates.

Outlook allows my team and I to work out of multiple email accounts all together while maintaining organization and timely responses. My team handles different department issues and being able to address them under one app is helpful.

Outlook review by User

"Good for scheduling corporate meetings"

What do you like best?

The meeting reminders, ability to dedicate specific rooms and time spans for meetings and sending out group invitations make this a great choice for scheduling purposes. Outlook alerts you when you try to create a meeting that interferes with another one and helps you stay organized. Also with each meeting change or update, an email can be sent out to all participants, which we find particularly helpful in a large corporation.

What do you dislike?

Personal preference dislikes are my main gripes about Outlook, like the location of certain buttons, and the fact that no matter how many times I reorganize the order of my folders, they always seem to default back to a weird pattern that buries the "Sent" folder somewhere in the middle, making it hard to find. Also the "internal" and "confidential" settings can give users some problems and we tend to shy away from using them.

Outlook has greatly improved our company-wide communications system, allowing for bulletins, meetings, and corporate emails to be sent out to all employees simultaneously. The calendar sends alerts and reminders for important upcoming meetings, and because of this our employee participation has greatly improved.

Outlook review by User in Education Management

"Very User Friendly"

What do you like best?

Like any email, you can receive desktop notifications and see from the pinned tab when you have unread emails. You have the ability to make your Outlook very organized by using folders and inserting rules to command sender emails directly to specific folders.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have dislikes of the program because it is so easy. Having used Outlook for several years, I think some basic features are a bit "hidden" like being able to set an away message and update your signature. There are times when I wish I could have a bit of training to get the most out of Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend opening all of the tabs to familiarize yourself with Outlook. Unless you ask for help using Outlook, it will be fairly assumed you know how to use all of its features.

For one, Outlook makes communication with an entire staff very easy. You can group contacts and send emails. When users need to flag an email for review later, it is very easy. I have realized that Outlook is a widely used program by our school system because it bridges the gap very well.

Outlook review by User

"Standard and a great choice"

What do you like best?

I love that I can create automatic replies on my emails, set a certain date, time, and for how long. I also enjoy using the categorize and Follow Up options when it comes to emails. I have created multiple folders in my Outlook, to reflect what project I'm working on. The process of creating folders is such a great idea, since I receive many emails during the day. The next functionality that is fun to mess with is personalizing what you want to see when Outlook opens. I have my calendar and My todo list on the right side of my outlook, this provides a quick glance of what my day is going to be without opening the entire calendar itself.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, my outlook will freeze. Not sure why but it can get annoying. This doesn't happen on a regular basis though, but when it does. It's frustrating.

Connecting with my colleagues and customers.

Outlook review by HOANG N.
Legal Assistant

"Make my daily work life so much easier"

What do you like best?

Outlook is a reliable app when it comes to email communication and management. I can sort, flag, mark, organize my daily (approximately 100 emails per day) into folders and with a reminder to help me keep up with a deadline. The version I am using also provides grammar check and word prediction. I also use Gmail as a personal mailbox but Outlook is definitely my choice for professional business.

What do you dislike?

I wish they can make the display more minimalistic. The Calendar seems ok but the sometimes it looks very messy with many alerts and events showing with too many different colors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend Microsoft Outlook to professionals who want to have a great tool for their work life. I also use Gmail as a personal mailbox but Outlook is definitely my choice for professional business.

I can sort, flag, mark, organize my daily (approximately 100 emails per day) into folders and with a reminder to help me keep up with a deadline. The version I am using also provides grammar check and word prediction. It helps a lot with writing etiquette.

Outlook review by User

"Easy to use email software "

What do you like best?

Widely used and simple email software that integrates perfectly with the rest of the Mircosoft Office Suite. Numerous personalization and notification options, both on the desktop and mobile version of the software. I can create multiple customized signatures, set up an out of office message, change my default font settings, develop a folder filing system and rules for each folder, create tasks and deadlines for them. and seamlessly manage my calendar.

What do you dislike?

There are a ton of features to this software but it is difficult to intuitively know how to access them. for instance, to insert a pdf image into an email, you need to know to look for the "object" drop-down menu. It can be difficult and time-consuming to create or manage mail rules for folders.

I share access to calendars, set up appointments, send professional emails, manage tasks from these emails, and use it to organize myself and my team.

Outlook review by Praveen D.
Sr. Digital Marketing Executive

"Awesome Experience With MS Outlook. "

What do you like best?

I am MS Outlook 2016 user since 2012 and I think this a best desktop-based email client. The best feature of MS Outlook is its working capability without using the internet. I am highly recommending to all email account users to configure an account with Outlook. MS Outlook 2016 is one of the best version of all editions. I really appreciate.

What do you dislike?

The MS Outlook always works for me an outstanding level. I have nothing to say against it.

The main benefit of the software – we can always open email account without connectivity of the internet. When we need to get previous mail or attachment then we can easily get back anytime.

Outlook review by Bri A.
Customer Success Manager

"I learn something new about outlook weekly"

What do you like best?

I love that outlook has an integration into virtually every business product I use. From my CRM, company chat, virtual meeting, scheduling, marketing, and more - all fit into outlook.

What do you dislike?

While very likely my PC's fault, I tend to have to restart my outlook every week or so because of updates or outlook crashing, so that can be a bummer, but it tends to be 30 seconds to a minute maximum. Just enough time to grab a coffee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, I would recommend taking an outlook class. It seems absurd to have to take a class on your email/calendar/task software, but Outlook can do so many things that I didn't know it could do, and I think for me at least, I could benefit from taking an outlook class yearly.

It makes tracking communication really easy. I'm a big fan (and user) of all of the tasks and folder capabilities, and I very much appreciate that you can set up rules to automatically tag things or send them to different folders.

Outlook review by haley c.
Caregiver
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Great for organization"

What do you like best?

I use Microsoft Outlook for Email, keeping all of my contacts in my address book, and managing my calendar. I just started using Outlook and I found that it was very easy to begin using. I really like that I am able to invite others to appointments and meetings on my calendar as well as seeing others' calendars. It is nice to see where they are if they cannot be found.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of that I dislike is that the program looks slightly outdated. However, I still throughly enjoy using Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize additional training if there is anything you're confused about or need extra help with.

We have solved people accidentally overlapping meetings or appointments because we can invite them to something and the program will notify them if they have a conflicting appointment. People are less often for forget about something that they have programmed into their calendar because they are notified of the appointment before.

Outlook review by Eddy T.
Administrative Clerk
Military

"great communcation tool"

What do you like best?

A great resource for communicating effectively and sending large files. The meeting feature is very productive since it automatically adds it to the calendar and blocks off the time you accepted. The voting button with the meeting is extremely beneficial because it allows for tracking. It certainly helps to be organized and prepared for meetings.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about ths product and find it extremely helpful. At times it could be slow and messages are not sent but it may be other people's mailboxes that may be full. The only thing is there are quite a couple of steps to add an attachment to the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to organize yourself and ability to share calendars with your team. It is great with Skype for Business as your status changes according to your meetings and you can create chats from a meeting invite. They work great together.

Sending secure and encrypted emails is a great feature whenevr you are sending information you need more security. Additionally, setting up meetings and having everyone's attendance helps for planning an agenda and other issues.

Outlook review by Sierra  L.
Employee

"AMAZING EXPERIANCE"

What do you like best?

I love that there is an app for this. I know working and day to day activities things get busy but when you have access to your work on your phone(which you use all the time anyways) it makes for such a great experience.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I disliked about this. It was easy to use, it loaded quickly and it was very easy to navigate through. Unlike other apps they can become confusing and frustrating but this was short simple and to the point and I was able to get my stuff done with great timing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend adding different features to it. It helps me greatly but sometimes I forget things and having a reminder would be helpful.

I am a teacher and using this helps me GREATLY. I have realized that its easier than it looks.