Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook 2010, the premium business and personal e-mail management tool and calendar software to help you stay in touch.

Work for Microsoft Outlook?

Learning about Outlook?

Microsoft Outlook Reviews

Showing 489 Outlook reviews
Outlook review by <span>Carrie C.</span>
Carrie C.

"Good software - they made great improvements"

What do you like best?

Conversation feature to group email conversation threads is very helpful. Flagging options and colour coding of emails and categories is one of the best features for organizing email and calendar items.

Larger files are able to be attached than most other email software. It also lets you import social media contacts straight into your address book. It also automatically saves contact information from sent and received email messages, so you don’t have to manually enter them.

What do you dislike?

Outlook is a bit confusing to set up and use because of its numerous options.

You cannot create smart folders, flags, or rules that "learn" by example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a lot better than when it first came out. I was not a lover of Outlook and did not want to switch but have to say that I do really like the product now.

There are a lot of options for coding emails and calendar items by category, by flagging, folders, sub folders, by colour coding etc.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Outlook
Outlook review by <span>Amanda W.</span>
Amanda W.

"Easy to use organization for email"

What do you like best?

My primary use for Outlook is for work, and managing different aspects and groups at work is necessary. The ease in creating folders, groups for mass emailing, removing members from groups, and the mobile version of Outlook makes keeping up with emails not a chore.

I also like that each email is its own entity in Outlook. You are still able to see the chain of emails, but you can simply just delete the email you are reading, not the entire chain. Some email programs delete the entire conversation.

What do you dislike?

Attaching docs/photos while using the mobile version is tedious. There are at least 5 steps until you actually attach the file, where the desktop version automatically opens your file folders.

Email organization is one of the key functions I use with Outlook. I keep track of multiple non-profit groups, interns, events, ect.

Along with emails, our non-profit uses the calendar to schedule all time off, events, ect. for the entire department. This universal calendar makes it easy to plan vacations, personal time off, keeping track of overtime, and seeing the year at a glance.

What Calendar solution do you use?

Outlook review by <span>Juan Camilo R.</span>
Juan Camilo R.

"Much improved, but archaic when compared to superior options as GMAIL"

What do you like best?

Decent amount of storage, basic e-mail functionality, intuitive to use and fully compatible with mostly every device either by webpage or standalone app.

Full integration with Microsoft's Windows and office software. It has been around longer than mostly everyone of the known alternatives.

What do you dislike?

Archaic, slow to catch up, had it not been because I've been using it since 1997 and have a gazillion contacts and old emails I would have abandoned a decade ago at least.

Smaller available storage when compared to similar options.

Insecure, my account has been hacked twice since I created the email (managed to recover it both times)

Always playing catch up in features but never up to par, the UI while better than it used, still leaves a lot to be desired.

Forced integration with other Microsoft apps like Skype which somehow ends up signing online without asking me everytime I open the hotmail email.

Atrocious spam filter that lets everything through and sometimes blocks needed email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just avoid it and get GMAIL instead.

I have used it for 21 years for all types of home, personal, school and business communications.

Outlook review by <span>Lisa D.</span>
Lisa D.

"outlook is the most used exchange around"

What do you like best?

outlook has so many features that you can use. The calender is the best, invites and reminders that you can have alert you on your cell phone. Its easy to acess outlook mail from your mobile devices. I love the rule features so you can really customize how you want your outlook to function for you.

What do you dislike?

i dont like when i run into a problem that even google cant help with. as in a rule is set to delay mail for 5 minutes from being sent so i can edit or add things if needed but now when i edit it freezes the rule and i am having trouble finding out why

Recommendations to others considering the product

i love outlook and how many options i have to customize my inbox, sort, organize and set rules. Being able to get meeting invites out and replies recorded is so much less stress in my life.

meeting! being able to invite, keep track and get reminded is the best for us. the instant window when a new email arrives is also nice so you can preview what came in without opening unless needed.

Outlook review by <span>Kelsey M.</span>
Kelsey M.

"Great for Organizing Emails, But Not As User Friendly As Google"

What do you like best?

Clumping emails together based on the subject line is extremely helpful for getting organized. I also really enjoy the way it integrates with Outlook Calendar. Receiving emails of calendar invites and the ability to respond within that email instead of solely through Calendar is great!

What do you dislike?

i wish it was easier to drop photos or screenshots or gifs into emails. Instead of just drag and dropping, you have to do so many more steps to include a snapshot, not an attachment, to an email. And don't even try sending gifs to teammates - it doesn't support them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Outlook is a great email and calendar tool. If you buy into the entire Microsoft360 plan, it's definitely worth it and integrates extremely well. It's not quite as easy to navigate as Google Drive/Gmail, but once you get used to it, it's a great asset!

The integration with Outlook Calendar, Skype for Business and Sharepoint are extremely helpful. We're able to use it in our agency setting and have all of our information in one place. Outlook, along with it's supported apps such as Skype for Business, are critical in keeping up with communication between our team members and clients.

Outlook review by <span>Rachel S.</span>
Rachel S.

"Great software "

What do you like best?

I like that you can keep up with your calendar ,task to do, and all of your contacts in one place. The follow up option is a great feature to remind you to follow up on a task. I use the task function to keep up with all of the things I have to accomplish during the week and it really helps to keep me organized! It is also convenient to be able to keep up with all of my contacts in one place so I do not have to search for them when I need them. I also like that I can keep up with my calendar on the same software and do not have to keep up with a planner!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint l that have is that it is a little hard to learn however with lots practice it becomes fairly easy to pick up on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product to keep you organized on tasks, emails, and keep your calendar organized. I highly recommend this software if you are looking to make a switch!

I am able to keep all of my contacts in one place and keep up with task that I need to do throughout the day. It keeps me organized.

Learning about Microsoft Outlook?

* We monitor all Microsoft Outlook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.