Microsoft Publisher

Microsoft Publisher is an entry-level desktop publishing solution.

Work for Microsoft Publisher?

Learning about Microsoft Publisher?

Microsoft Publisher Reviews

Showing 549 Microsoft Publisher reviews
Microsoft Publisher review by thaisameg b.
thaisameg b.

"Perfect for quick templates and publications"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this Microsoft tool is that I can make several types of publications in a fast and attractive way, from brochures, invitations, announcements and much more, it helps me to get out of a setback if a job is needed immediately because with its default templates makes the job easier.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it does not have aspects of professional editors, but I could only say that, since it fulfills its function for which it was created very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it extensively to make quick work in a short time and get out of any emergency, you can create many types of publications starting from created templates, the best thing is that it helps you reduce costs in expensive advertising programs.

It helps me solve problems quickly when it is required for example to make a brochure from one day to the next Publisher is excellent for it, it is very easy to handle any user could use it easily, it simplifies the work and processes, it takes you out of trouble , you can create publications from a database, you can add a little more personalized spreadsheets.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Publisher
Microsoft Publisher review by Edward Michael B.
Edward Michael B.

"It is a very useful tool."

What do you like best?

Publisher is an excellent application with many advantages. It has helped me in my work a lot, because I am a stylist and owner of my business, and thanks to this application I have managed to advertise my Beauty Salon, without having to invest a lot of money in expensive applications, with this application I can do, flyers, business cards and calendars to deliver to my customers, they have very easily thanks to the templates that manages.

What do you dislike?

This application I have used for a long time bringing me very good results, I really could not say anything negative, the work obtained is of the same quality of more expensive sofwares, and this application is incorporated in the Microsoft office paqeute, without any additional cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

publisher is a very useful, low cost and acil operating tool.

I have really had great benefits, I have made known my Beauty Salon, thus increasing my clientele, the presentation cards that I make are excellent, whenever I want I can renew them and select a new format, I have managed to make caledarios very easy this template incorporated, as well as some excellent posters.

What Desktop Publishing solution do you use?

Microsoft Publisher review by Keila Nohemi B.
Keila Nohemi B.

" Microsoft Publisher, a program that does not lose validity."

What do you like best?

Publisher is a program that has a simple interface that makes it easy to use, inclusive for people who have no knowledge of the subject in graphic design, is created for the preparation of calendars, brochures, diplomas, newsletters, resumes, signs, information sheets, letterheads, envelopes, business forms, invitations, catalogs, flyers, calendars and announcements in general. The best thing about the program is that thanks to its easy-to-use tools and its ease of use, it can be implemented both by professional designers, as well as by people who do not have a very large specialization in graphic design, since their Templates and tools make it much easier to use.

What do you dislike?

One of the weak points that Publisher has that offers publications that can be considered only of home type and although they are of professional aspect they are often considered as such, because the ease with which the user works this software, prevents in some way that This shows on the sheet what you really want to design, the clearly pre-designed templates are of perhaps classic taste, this is occasionally not so useful because it prevents the user from giving his personal touch and can not be compared with the result of the work of an expert in graphic design that uses programs of a more specialized type, but in spite of this it offers quite satisfactory results to be a program that could be called simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is a very simple management application that has tools such as predesigned templates, or downloadable templates that can be obtained for free on the web, which gives it an indispensable character for organizations today.

Publisher allows the design of brochures, newsletters, and other advertising content that can be printed later or used directly on the web, by the company. Thanks to its easy-to-use tools and its ease of use, it can be used both by professional designers and by people who do not have a very large specialization in graphic design, since their templates and tools greatly facilitate their use, and allows you to solve a number of problems in terms of graphic design and advertising quickly and effectively.

Microsoft Publisher review by Luisa C.
Luisa C.

"My favorite software."

What do you like best?

I like Publisher because it is a very useful and functional application, I use it for many things especially to prepare brochures with recommendations to my clients about the proper way to remove makeup to show a healthy and young skin, flyers about the service that I presto at the Arelys hairdressing salon to attract new clients and, above all, to prepare my business card as a professional make-up artist.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say, Publisher is the best print advertising software I know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for software that is easy to use and that allows you to produce printed advertising economically and with high quality, you should use PUBLISHER DE MICROSOFT.

Publisher benefits me because it allows me to expand my clientele, because with the flyers, brochures and cards that I create in this application I can attract potential clients and clients can contact me whenever they require my services as a professional make-up artist.

Microsoft Publisher review by Teresa R.
Teresa R.

"Publisher, un programa muy completo y sencillo"

What do you like best?

Publisher va incluido en el paquete office, al ser de Microsoft se conjunta muy bien con el resto de programas del paquete. Lo mejor de Publisher es la sencillez que tiene, tiene un montón de plantillas predefinidas con las que en unos cuantos pasos tienes hecho un diseño,a diferencia de muchos de sus competidores, Publisher se conecta a plantillas en línea de Microsoft Office, las cuales se actualizan regularmente y presentan grandes diseños. Lo bueno es que gente sin ningún conocimiento en diseño gráfico puede hacer un diseño que pase por el de un profesional. Las plantillas que tiene son muy editables respecto a colores. Tiene excelentes herramientas para maquetación y una gran variedad de tipografías.

What do you dislike?

Lo que no me gusta son las limitaciones que tiene, para ciertas cosas hay que recurrir a otros programas más potentes. Que sea tan sencillo te hace echar en falta ciertas herramientas. No te permite importar archivos de PSD de Photoshop o PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si no te quieres complicar la vida para hacer un diseño básico a base plantillas este es tu programa.

En mi trabajo alguna vez nos encargan diseño de tripticos, invitaciones, folletos, pancartas, etc. Lo normal es que recurramos a Photoshop, pero si tenemos poco tiempo tiramos de Publisher que en un momento con las plantillas predefinidas que tiene es muy sencillo hacer este tipo de cosas.

Microsoft Publisher review by Trinidad G.
Trinidad G.

"My own advertising."

What do you like best?

Since I learned how to use Publisher I use it for everything. Elaborate Postcards, greeting cards, leaflets, leaflets, brochures, but especially I use it to make my business cards as a professional stylist and to create calendars that I usually give to my clients as a year-end detail.

What do you dislike?

I do not remember from when I use this application, because there are many years that Publisher has been part of my life and since then I have never had complaints, it is an excellent application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is a very complete, useful and economic software, I recommend it.

Publisher benefits me in both my SOCIAL and LABOR areas.

SOCIAL: when I create postcards and greetings cards for friends and family on special dates in a very easy way.

And in my LABOR area when I make personal business cards and calendars for my clients, that allows my work to be known and that my clients feel that they are important; what helps to continue requesting my services and recommend me to their relatives.

Microsoft Publisher review by Alberto G.
Alberto G.

"Professional business card."

What do you like best?

As an independent accountant I need to carry business cards with me everywhere, to give to each person who is interested in my professional services and when they need to know how to contact me, for this I use Microsoft Publisher, because with this software I create all my business cards myself as if I were a publicity professional.

What do you dislike?

From my point of view I like everything from Publisher, because since I use this software it has not presented any inconvenience, it has always worked correctly and if it were necessary to contribute something negative, I could only say that it requires slightly more updated formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple software, with multiple formats and templates that can be used to publicize your work, your business or any special skill you have, use Publisher, because it is free and works perfectly for that purpose and much more.

Publisher benefits me by saving me expenses in advertising services, because I make my business cards myself, since this application is very easy to use and does not require great knowledge in computer science or advertising.

Microsoft Publisher review by Arelys G.
Arelys G.

"Professional advertising."

What do you like best?

I like this application because it allows me to promote my work as PELUQUERA and my HAIRDRESSING through printed media such as flyers, business cards, leaflets or triptychs which I do very easily thanks to this software.

What do you dislike?

I have a lot of time using this application and since then, I have not had any problem, I think it is easy to use and very useful in the advertising field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for software that allows you to advertise your business, or your small business easily and cheaply, do not hesitate to use Publisher.

The benefits of Publisher for me have been great, because with this software I make my own business cards that I usually give to my clients once I offer the service so that they advertise me what has been very successful and has allowed me to increase my clientele every day more. Publisher also benefits me by saving my money, because I do my advertising myself as a professional without canceling any advertising agency.

Microsoft Publisher review by david k.
david k.

"Very excellent layout and many templates to choose from."

What do you like best?

Very good layout which ensures we use to make the business cards for the employees within the company.

Many tools are available which produce very beautiful cards.

Its part of microsoft office program thus no further expense for publishing tool.

Its ability to convert pdf documents.

What do you dislike?

Its inabilty to convert from version to another and still open the same document is a challenge with microsoft publisher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend users who use computer daily to use the tool because it part of the microsoft office program thus to take advantage of it.It has a good layout and many templates to take advantage of in creating the business cards for the employee and promoting business.

The cost effective since we dont need to buy another tool for creating the business cards for the employees within the company.

Very excellent cards which are beautiful with company logos.The templates are available which are many and does not need to edit much.

Microsoft Publisher review by JHONNY RAFAEL T.
JHONNY RAFAEL T.

"My quick and simple publications."

What do you like best?

What I like most is that it allows me to make different types of publications such as brochures, calendars, labels, newsletters, signs among many other things, everything I can do quickly and easily, which allows me to save time at work.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it should have more professional aspects and better publication editors, which does not allow for comparison with the result of an expert in graphic design, it is used very well to do simple but not very professional work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If what you need is for your employees to do quick work in less time this application is the best application, Help create, personalize and easily share a wide variety of publications and marketing material which helps you to publicize the company and thus increase The profits of the company, the best thing is that it is one that comes in the Microsoft package.

It allows me to do work in quick and simple ways which facilitates and reduces work time, it is very easy and simple to manage, it allows you to simplify the process of creating publications with Office Publisher tasks, the interface is very easy and any you can use it.

Microsoft Publisher review by Lorenys F.
Lorenys F.

"excellent publication application. "

What do you like best?

is an excellent editing application that allows me to create professional-looking publications with many visual details. I can easily prepare calendars, brochures, newsletters, menabatos, among others.

I use a lot of editor in my work to create bulletins and brochures that allude to the activities to train workers. I can do this from a blank template or using templates installed or downloadable from the web to facilitate the editing process, I can print, share on the web or send by email.

What do you dislike?

the program takes up a lot because it's so simple, it's not as professional in graphic design compared to other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for people who are starting in the design since it is a simple program to manage and that every computer offers to create personalized publications with high quality.

In general, Publisher provides users with a multitude of platform types and easier control for the design of the pages.

It is very common and very useful for beginners, it does not necessarily require you to be a design professional, it helps to personalize the publications, make pfessional brochures that generate an impact.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jane J.
Jane J.

"Microsoft publisher powerful tool and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher helps me create outstanding graphics with powerful but easy to learn tools. The integral features can be accessed through a simple interface.

You have options for bulk or batch actions to reduce the time spent on self-publishing tasks. Images can also be exchanged and enhanced using a variety of special effects.

Since Publisher is offered in the Microsoft Office Professional package, it integrates seamlessly with other applications of the IT giant.

Images can be imported and exchanged from one side to another by a simple drag and drop motion, which means that one can experiment with different images without having to take too much time. Photos from Facebook and Flickr albums can also be copied directly to a Publisher file using a quick integrated search. With the program's built-in advanced effects for texts, photos and shapes, even novice users can generate professional-looking designs.

I do not need to worry about saving and sharing files. The documents of the editor are automatically saved in the cloud. Teams can also collaborate on multiple files easily with simple attributes to share.

Also with Publisher, pages can be saved in common image formats, such as JPEG. This means that publications or photo albums can be printed much faster compared to the types of complicated files that can only be opened and printed with limited programs.

What do you dislike?

I have more than 5 years using this great tool that is publisher and until now I have no complaints about its operation, it is excellent, easy and fulfills its function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to design any type of brochure or document, this tool is easy to use, even for those who have no experience. You can save documents such as JPEG, PDF or other versions and then print or publish online. I have used Publisher for years and I am happy with my experience.

Publisher is ideal for work because I can create newsletters, office posters, depression cards, postcards along with a lot of other useful projects. There are many templates that give you project ready to use.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jonatan Jose A.
Jonatan Jose A.

"excellent program that has helped me a lot."

What do you like best?

is an excellent program, thanks to microsoft we can be part of these great advantages, it allows me to do countless tasks such as: create calendars, brochures, diplomas, newsletters, curriculum, royulos, newsletters, letterheads, envelopes, invitations, catalagos, flyers, almanacs , among others, really this application can not be missing on any computer.

What do you dislike?

is essential, the only thing I could mention is that it does not have a guided tour, that is to say that all the functions you should learn with practice and not with any operator that can guide you, but the truth is not a counter as such, and which is so easy to use that it is not needed. there you can see the models of each creation that you want and you are only replacing the data.

It has helped us when making the work schedule, or brochures for the public, it is very good, thanks to its templates.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jhonny Alberto M.
Jhonny Alberto M.

" Microsoft Publisher: The ideal program for executives without much knowledge about graphic design."

What do you like best?

I can highlight many positive things about Microsoft Publisher, one of them is undoubtedly its simple and quite intuitive interface, it really is a program that does not have to envy any aspect of more advanced graphic design programs, the simple design of its interface allows even people who do not have solid knowledge about the subject of graphic design to develop a large number of high level publications such as business cards, calendars, brochures, diplomas, newsletters, resumes, posters, fact sheets, letterheads, envelopes, business forms, invitations, catalogs, brochures, calendars up to advertisements in general.

Microsoft Publisher has a series of tools that are very easy to use and it is characterized by being very intuitive allowing any professional or employee who does not have a great specialization in graphic design to develop exceptional works, one of the things that are worth highlighting of the program is its large number of templates designed by default bread basket that greatly facilitate the work.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Publisher is not a program that has many disadvantages but among these we find that the publications designed with the program are often considered to be home-made and unprofessional, although these may seem professional in appearance they are very often not considered as such, because the ease with which any type of user works with this software makes it a target of contempt on the part of professional designers, in addition to the fact that the predesigned templates are of a simple type and not very impacting, aspect that prevents the user from being able to give a touch say staff preventing comparisons with the result of the work of a graphic design expert who uses a more professional type programs, but despite all this is a program that offers very satisfactory results although some call it "simple".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Publisher is a program that I recommend with closed eyes to professionals of all branches not only as an entry program in the field of graphic design, but as an important ally that allows to produce high level publications easily.

I can attest that thanks to Microsoft Publisher I have solved a lot of inconveniences in my work, thanks to the program I have been able to elaborate from brochures, newsletters, letters, business cards and other advertising contents to use at the moment or store to be used later.

Thanks to its simple interface, it can be used both by professional designers and by people who do not have a solid knowledge in graphic design as it is my case, without a doubt its predesigned templates and other tools greatly facilitate the work I do and I they allow the development of high-level publications and works.

Microsoft Publisher review by Victor L.
Victor L.

" I love this tool to make informative brochures!"

What do you like best?

When I needed to make a brochure or just a presentation of something specific I use this tool because it helps me in a very easy and simple way to get the results I'm looking for, I love the templates they have, the menu of options is very nice and easy to understand, really managing this program does not require a degree of prior knowledge and that is very positive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it has been a bit annoying to have so few templates to do my work, and the colors of these in many cases I do not like them and I have to edit them and that takes time to finish with my goals, in such a I would recommend the constant update of the templates since in this way I would save a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is ideal to make informative material about a topic of particular interest or for our organization, in an easy and very simple way we can obtain it using this tool that has a very nice and complete options menu.

When we need to do something quick and quality like for example informative brochures or presentations we use this tool because it is very simple we simply take the information from other files and proceed to place it in the predesigned templates of this application, this has been extraordinary and very beneficial since at a low cost we get good results.

Microsoft Publisher review by Fanny A.
Fanny A.

"Microsoft Publisher, the program that every designer and publicist must have"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher is a program that provides a simple history of editing. It is designed to provide flexible and accurate page design, with the added benefits of design assistance and automation. Help create, personalize and easily share a wide variety of publications and marketing materials. It includes a variety of templates, installed and downloadable from your website, to facilitate the design and editing process.

Publisher also has tools and features that help you effectively create, customize and reuse a wide variety of communications materials tailored to your specific marketing needs.

What do you dislike?

Although Microsoft Publisher is an excellent program for design, it also has some things that may not allow you to explore this program as it should, they are; It has no rapport with other market programs, it is not professional, and it can not be compared to the result of the work of a graphic design expert who uses programs such as Photoshop and Corel ... but it is quite good for the common user and it takes a lot of time to be such a simple program.

These are some disadvantages that some people may have, but it is a good program to start designing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is an application that has tools with predesigned templates or downloadable templates that are easy to use and indispensable for organizations today.

Microsoft Publisher allows us to make letterhead, brochures, newsletters, forms and other advertising content that can be printed later or placed directly on the website. Thanks to its simple tools to use and practical use makes it can be used by both professional designers and people who do not have extensive knowledge in the area of graphic design and this allows solving problems of graphic design and advertising in an effective and simple way

Microsoft Publisher review by Iriusva M.
Iriusva M.

"Design and create publications in a simple, fast and professional way"

What do you like best?

This program is very useful when we want to design cards, diplomas, triptychs, leaflets, curricula, calendars, envelopes, newsletters, invitations, bookmarks and many other documents. I like it because it is simple and easy to use, it does not require deep knowledge to use it, so creating a presentation in Publisher can be a quick and satisfying experience for any user with basic knowledge of office. Personally I use it and I recommend it to my students. I also like the default design templates and others that can be downloaded online, although it can be used comfortably without an internet connection. Because it is a Microsoft program, the menu options are similar to those of Word, which provides a comfortable working environment. Another positive aspect is that the presentations can be saved in PDF format, which protects their edition and provides better print quality. In my professional and personal practice I find an economic and functional program.

What do you dislike?

It is a basic design program, although it allows to create presentations with professional appearance, it is not specialized graphic design. The templates are classic and does not allow creating effects such as those that can be done with Photoshop.However, it is a quite accepted and useful software for those who want quick and simple publications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to design cards, newsletters, invitations, diplomas and advertising with the use of your own resources and knowledge, I invite you to try Microsoft Publisher, it is a support tool where you can create all these presentations in record time and with professional quality.

This program is of great benefit, especially for people who are not graphic design professionals, since their predetermined templates make it much easier to use. My students love it and we have used it to develop different educational activities. From my academic coordination, we use it to make simple publicity of scientific events, invitations, business cards, diplomas, certificates, and other documents of interest, which turns into savings of time, money and better use of available resources. It is an economical and functional option for institutions that have a low budget.

Microsoft Publisher review by Carmen A.
Carmen A.

" It is a very useful tool to make support material!"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this program is that I can get templates to match what I need and it helps me to do the job with ease, it has a wide range of templates which are adapted to my requirements in an appropriate way, besides the use is very easy no previous knowledge is required, I love this tool because it is very useful for my job.

I really like to use this program because it is so easy and simple that it is also the final product that I get is of quality!

What do you dislike?

What displeases me most is that they almost always keep the same templates and I must edit them in some occasions, their updates are not constant and that makes my elaboration of diptychs often look the same, however I try to make the most of this tool which It is very valuable when preparing informative material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They will constantly update the templates they currently have and also could add new ones.

the rest everything else is excellent is a tool that can be very useful and knowing how to use it is very useful in our work environment, in my case it helps me a lot when preparing informative material easily and simply, the final product What I always get is quality.

For me this tool is important because it has facilitated in some cases the development of information material in the case of my work, with this tool I have prepared presentations, brochures, among others.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jesus Alexander G.
Jesus Alexander G.

"An old acquaintance in the field of graphic design."

What do you like best?

The best thing about this program is its simple and clean interface, but you do not have to envy any more advanced graphic design program, the simple design of its interface allows even employees who are not familiar with the subject of graphic design develop all kinds of publications ranging from calendars, brochures, diplomas, newsletters, resumes, posters, information sheets, letterheads, envelopes, business forms, invitations, catalogs, brochures, calendars to announcements in general.

The program provides easy-to-use tools and is characterized by being very intuitive and can also be used by professional designers as well as by any professional or employee who does not have a great specialization in graphic design, since it has a large number of predesigned templates that greatly facilitate the work.

What do you dislike?

One of the weaknesses of the program is that, despite being simple, it can occupy a much larger space than other more advanced programs, it also has little or no migration of documents to some of the most current design programs, without a doubt, is something that should improve the program's shareability, in spite of these little things I have no major complaints about this program because I use it daily in my work and I really consider it a fixed in my job and Its advantages greatly exceed its shortcomings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the Microsoft Publisher with closed eyes not only as an entry program in the field of graphic design but as an ally of great value for the development of all the activities of the company.

I can attest that thanks to Microsoft Publisher I have solved a great number of inconveniences at work, the program has allowed me to design brochures, newsletters and other advertising content that can be printed later or used directly on the web, on my own . Thanks to its simple interface and easy-to-use tools, it can be used by professional designers as well as by people who do not have solid knowledge in graphic design, as it is my case, its templates and tools greatly facilitate its use and allow to develop high level jobs.

Microsoft Publisher review by Maiky Yelitze Z.
Maiky Yelitze Z.

" Microsoft Publisher, Ideal for the creation of didactic material."

What do you like best?

The best thing about the program is its simple interface, which allows even people who do not have knowledge of the subject in graphic design as professors to elaborate teaching tools such as calendars, brochures, diplomas, newsletters, resumes, posters, worksheets. information, letterheads, envelopes, forms, invitations, catalogs, brochures, calendars and announcements in general that allow students to get attention in a more efficient way thus improving the entire educational process. The program has a wide range of easy-to-use tools and can be implemented by both teachers and students, an aspect that greatly enriches the entire learning process. It is the perfect program for teachers and educators who do not have a great specialization in graphic design, since its templates and tools make it much easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The weakest point of this program is that it is often considered simple by people with knowledge in design, although the publications made in the professional-looking child are often considered boring and repetitive, due to the ease use of templates for which you can often use on the sheet, what can really be designed, these same things are very easy to use can use your personal touch and can not be compared to the result of the work of a graphic design expert that uses programs of a more specialized type, but in spite of this it can have a quite competent content for the development of the didactic material of good quality that allows to improve the whole learning process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program has a simple interface that brings many benefits to teachers including the possibility of making attractive publications, in addition to having great tools such as predesigned templates or those that can be downloaded that can be obtained for free on the web.

it is without a doubt an incredible program that offers all the people the opportunity to achieve the design of brochures, newsletters and other advertising content that the company can print later or directly on the web. Thanks to its easy-to-use tools and its ease of use, it can be used by teachers who do not have specific or professional knowledge in graphic design, in addition to the series of templates and tools that the program provides to strengthen the learning process and acquisition of knowledge by students.

Microsoft Publisher review by Amny N.
Amny N.

" a design program, for users who do not have a very broad knowledge of graphic design, so it is easy"

What do you like best?

The professional marketing and sales material can help a small business to promote its business, keep in touch with its customers and get new ones, and build a solid and professional business identity. But entrusting other companies with these products is expensive and time consuming, and manufacturing them with a word processor or any other program without design guides or customization options can project an unprofessional image.,Publisher is easy to learn to manage, and can help entrepreneurs, managers and workers to create and publish professional quality marketing and sales materials for commercial printing, e-mail or Internet publishing, and all from the family environment of Office,Simply use Word, Microsoft PowerPoint or other Office programs beforehand so that users can quickly learn how to work with Publisher and use the appropriate Office tool for each task,Simply use Word, Microsoft PowerPoint or other Office programs beforehand so that users can quickly learn how to work with Publisher and use the appropriate Office tool for each task

Save time when you use your work again,Create personalized publications from a database.

What do you dislike?

Competency with other market programs. It is not professional, and can not be compared to the result of the work of a graphic design expert who uses programs such as Photoshop and Corel ... but it is quite good for the common user. It takes up a lot of space on the hard drive to be such a simple program

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its main function is to create designs for advertising and propaganda. For this reason, it is used by a great variety of companies (both large and medium companies, as well as micro companies), for the design of its various advertising campaigns. Therefore as users we must have clear ideas when working with the program

I have benefited using the design of brochures, newsletters, and other advertising content that can be printed later or used directly on the web, by myself. Thanks to its easy-to-use tools and its ease of use, it can be used both by professional designers and by people who do not have a very large specialization in graphic design, since their templates and tools greatly facilitate their use. It has been useful for carrying out various school activities, from some simple designs for primary, to more advanced and specialized designs, for use at higher levels, especially in fields such as journalistic, advertising, commercial education, etc

Microsoft Publisher review by Eliseo D.
Eliseo D.

"Microsoft Publisher helps create, customize a wide variety of publications and marketing materials."

What do you like best?

I love its ease when converting formats into different types of files as could be in PDF or XPS without any problem saves me large amounts of time at the time of some work from my home or office with the variety of templates that this has and ways to make types of cards, brochures, brochure and invitations ect. A wide customizable dashboard within the software that helps to be simpler and easier to use.

What do you dislike?

One of its drawbacks is that being an easy to use program and something simple occupies more space than desired, and little union between some more current programs of design for a better programming at the time of joining the work within the same software in concluding are few Things I do not like about this program because I use it daily in my work and does not generate major problem and is very easy and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would love to recommend it as it takes a good path at the time of each update and improves much more this software coming from 1991 to its latest version of 2015 giving a breakthrough in each of them

Mainly the varieties of designs within Microsoft Publisher and the great help in writing as is also the palette of colors quite extensive at the time of including our designs and details of graphics in the program, also the focus on the market of small businesses which start from small projects to large and complex projects.

Microsoft Publisher review by Flavio S.
Flavio S.

"Microsoft Publisher is great for quick and easy typography projects"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher is great for quick and easy typography projects, it offers you a lot of templates for every need you have. This is what I like most, the fact the it always have a ready to print template that in minutes can became customized following my needs. This thanks to the interface intuitive and fast and thanks to the many tools avaible.

What do you dislike?

What I really can't understand is how it's possible that Microsoft Publisher still have a poor graphic designs area. Can be helpfull to modify a picture and a logo inside the software, without the needs to use multiple software for the same graphic project. This is one of the big and common missing in the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite the appearence Microsoft Publisher is second to none when talking about fast designing and printing. I really reccomend you to use it.

Microsoft Publisher is what save me every time I don't have the time or budget to hire a graphic design for small office projects. It allows me to create and print professional lookings graphics within minutes and without leaving our studio. I use it a lot to build up brochures and little flyers. Time saving and money saving.

Microsoft Publisher review by Taylor C.
Taylor C.

"Solid Page Layout Software"

What do you like best?

Simple interface that's extremely clean, when compared to InDesign or similar pro-level tools. There are lots of tutorials from other users online (Youtube, etc), great time-tested design that hasn't really changed in years. Overall the software is stable and works very well.

What do you dislike?

Can occasionally crash and be a bit buggy. Microsoft seems dead-set on pushing everyone to their cloud-based/subscription service. Annoying advertising for that and constant pushing in that direction. Just purchasing the one-time license alone is a test in patience. I would recommend purchasing from a reseller, as that seems to be the absolute easiest way, as opposed to purchasing it through MS directly. You can often save money going around them as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is a great tool that definitely is easier to use (and cheaper) than InDesign or similar Pro-Level software. I would say try it out before buying to make sure it will do what you need it to do. My biggest complaint is how Microsoft as a company tries to push Microsoft Office 365 as a subscription product so hard, as opposed to letting people easily (without jumping through 10,000,000 steps and windows) purchase the product outright. I think overall Publisher is best for smaller-house style clients, so keep that in mind as well.

I have used it to design flyers and items of this sort. Much easier than using Word (on the simple extreme) or InDesign (on the more complex side).

Microsoft Publisher review by Cailee Anne V.
Cailee Anne V.

"Using MS Publisher for simple promotional materials"

What do you like best?

overall needs to be updated, but it is perfect for a simple job in publishing such as a basic flyer, program or brochure for an event. I used publisher most recently to create a program and flyers for a conference at the college where i work and it was very easy to do so.

What do you dislike?

There are newer, similar software out there that offer more modern features. If ms publisher adopted some of these features, it would better be able to compete with the competition. Some fonts are outdated, templates are outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking for premade templates that are up to date, this program is not the best. it works best for providing a basic lay out and then you can add your own creative flare to it.

creating promotional materials/marketing materials for events. I have used this program to create flyers, invitations, programs and brochures.

Microsoft Publisher review by Paula M.
Paula M.

"Like an old friend!"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher and I go way back to when it first became popular before the Adobe suite of products. I have used it for various projects and what I like most is that it is great for a person starting out with desktop publishing. The templates are built right in, so if you don't know where to start, Publisher gives you a boost.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations in using MS Publisher with regards to how creative you can get with editing. You usually have to stick with their parameters when it comes to doing advanced level publishing tasks. It is only compatible with other MS products, so there is no crossover with Adobe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for beginning and novice desktop publisher tasks! You will find it user friendly with lots of built in features to make your job easier.

Ease of use makes my process much quicker and I can get a project done in less time. This increases my bottom line.

Microsoft Publisher review by rosa m.
rosa m.

""The best editor you can buy""

What do you like best?

Personally Microsoft Publisher tool allows you to make templates for small businesses, is an easy to use, advanced editor that fits your needs which allows you among many things the realization of pamphlets, advertising, sheets of life, among others. Facilitating the entrepreneurship of small businesses, to obtain better income and benefits by letting you know. Also I can emphasize that being a Microsoft tool and having knowledge of other tools such as Word or Power Point the use of Microsoft Publisher is not going to be so difficult because it has the same creation format.

What do you dislike?

Despite being a good editing tool, it has certain weaknesses that when used can delay the editing process a bit like not admitting other market programs as a link, the editing can be very basic compared to other programs like PhotoShop. However for someone who is in full growth, is a very good editor. In addition, to be so simple is an editor that takes up a lot of space being this counterproductive when storing information or creating documents from devices with reduced RAM storage making it impossible to work fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Acquire the editing tool and simplify its functions giving better results to larger and smaller companies.

As business growth the use of this tool has allowed me to streamline the processes of knowledge of it since it has helped me to create talkers, pamphlets, brochures with relevant information to make a company known, undoubtedly it is a tool that simplifies the creation of documents that benefit a company.

Microsoft Publisher review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"Great solution for quick publication creation! "

What do you like best?

Publisher is great because it's a quick and accessible way to create and export publications quickly and easily. I love how Publisher has the elements I've come to know and love of the other Microsoft Office applications. It makes for a nice workflow when switching between apps. Publisher also has many preset options and templates to create 100s of different types of documents.

What do you dislike?

There are a few sections within Publisher that work a little differently than expected. Sometimes there are things I would like to accomplish such as adding a frame to a photo that take a couple of steps more than they should to achieve. I have also come across of few elements that work in one Office program but work differently within Publisher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to Publisher but are familiar with the other Microsoft Office applications, this should be an easy transition for you as it functions very similarly to the other programs. However, make sure you take the time to review all of the features Publisher has to offer. It is much more robust than PowerPoint or Word and will allow you to create great, professional-looking publications.

Microsoft Publisher has given me the opportunity to make great-looking Publications for the promotional efforts I am part of at our company. I'm able to create invitations, posters and more for our events. It's great being able to access templates that give me an easy way to create what I would have to start from scratch on otherwise.

Microsoft Publisher review by Avery L.
Avery L.

"Could Use an Update to Match this Decade"

What do you like best?

Useful for converting design sizes to send to printers, can edit templates with ease, can use as a drafting board for more details later, part of the Microsoft family and accessible for most people to use for collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Its archaic toolbars and setup make it hard to do anything more than your traditional textbox add-ons and image drops. Sometimes even that is a difficult task to manage. It is not mergeable with today's programs so once you are in Publisher, you are basically stuck in Publisher. Sometimes my boss can't open the .pub file because he does not have the program, and that makes it a pain to have to convert it to pdf, but with that, you can no longer edit the file unless you convert it back to .pub. I've researched other newsletter program creators and there seems to be better ones on the market for a lower price.

We use Publisher primarily for our biweekly newsletters for formatting and sometimes to convert a PDF size to an accurate print size before our professional printers will accept it. One benefit is its consistency with creating templates for your design though it is not very user-friendly for beginners.

Microsoft Publisher review by Sabrina M.
Sabrina M.

"Microsoft Publisher can be a good and inexpensive tool for your marketing"

What do you like best?

I think that Microsoft Publisher can be a good tool in marketing. Since it comes with the Microsoft Office package it can be an inexpensive tool for your arsenal. I love the fact that you can set logo and company infos once and later set it for every project you do in it. Publisher provides you a lot of useful templates that you can easily customize following your needs. The interface is simple and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Since the files that comes from Publisher have some problems of compatibility between different versions of the software, and that few people use it, it's good for small project at home or office as I use, where you can print all the thing without sending out the files. ALso if you save the files in pdf you have to carefully check that everything is fine and correctly converted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Publisher is not the best software to design things for your business, this is clear. But it can be a good tool for small project that you can design and print on the fly at office. Can give professional look to your designs. Probably you already have it installed on your pc. Give it a chance, you will find it useful.

I use Micosoft Publisher for small project at office, as little invitations or cards to send out to clients. I also use Publisher to design small poster to print and hang in office.

Microsoft Publisher review by Ben P.
Ben P.

"Does Alright, But Could Improve"

What do you like best?

The pre-built templates make this an easy program to dive right in and use! I enjoy how simple it is to do basic photo cropping to place it where ever you would like within your project! The fact that this does not "snap" you to the margins is very nice for those of us working on building a brochure or flyer!

What do you dislike?

The templates' style is way outdated. They seriously need to improve their design in order to make themselves a competitor to Canva and other free programs! This is one of the greatest downfalls of Publisher. I would also like to see their basic photo editing functions be amped up to actually be useable for making very nice looking projects! It's sad to have a program with such power be limited by it's own design hold ups!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a basic publications creator, this will definitely meet your needs! If you are into graphic design, or are wanting to really improve your presence through a social media add campaign, this is not the greatest program. Publisher will always be gaining improvements, but it is hard to say when, and what they will update. Microsoft is a good company, but be wary of just buying into the name. There are better programs out there for design and publication!

We have used publisher for many brochures, flyers, handouts, directories, business cards, and much more! It does have the capabilities to handle a lot of function!

Microsoft Publisher review by Alisson S.
Alisson S.

"Love Publisher, probably more than a designer should"

What do you like best?

I am not a formally trained or educated graphic designer so when I was teaching myself, I used what I had available and that was Microsoft Publisher. It has so many more features and capabilities then people realize and you truly can design anything in the program with a little bit of time and know-how.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the file format that designs are saved in (as Publisher) as fonts and certain graphics don't translate well when sent to another computer. Whereas if you save them as a PDF everything shows up on the receiving end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! A lot of designers recommend high end, fancy software to create designs but I have more than succeeded with Publisher. While the photo editing leaves something to be desired, you're able to create beautiful pieces of stationery and prints.

I design all of my stationery in Publisher. I'm able to quick and efficiently create beautiful wedding stationery and marketing materials.

Microsoft Publisher review by JaNae P.
JaNae P.

"A Great Program For Design"

What do you like best?

The ability to do many different things in this program makes in one of the best "all-in-one" programs out there. From documents to brochures, posters, mailing labels, books, resumes, cards, invites, and much, much more, Publisher offers a ton of great templates and features to get the job done. Their graphic elements with shapes are a nice feature. Their photo editing pieces are nice, simple, and straight forward.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would open up their photo editing side a bit more. It would make this program absolutely unbeatable if they gave you even half the editing abilities of a Photoshop type application. I would like to see the functionality move a bit from print, into more of the digital world. They have made this program for printed works, which is needed, and nice, but they do not have the options set up very well for someone to design a great advertising piece for social media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a huge step up from trying to build publications inside of Microsoft Word. It still has the same user interface as all the other Microsoft programs, making it a simple one for many people to learn. There is more that can be done with this program than most people realize, and it is well worth checking out, as I am fairly sure you will find that it is a suitable solution for your needs.

In house advertisements through brochures, posters, flyers, and cards are all made and printed through Publisher. We also build a printable database for our members to have, and publisher is unbeatable when it comes to the freedom needed to move things around without spacing issues.

Microsoft Publisher review by mayra c.
mayra c.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

everything! i love having a program that allows me to do multiple things! such as labels, business cards, invitations, or just anything you might want to created! we use it for our purchase others been able to have multiple pages. we use it alot for printing labels and thank you cards.

What do you dislike?

its wasn't so easy to understand at first, i though it was like any other program! but ones i really got into it and started playing with it and seen what i could do and different templates that it had available for me to use! i started to love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

when you start working with publisher dont give up! it might be hard at first to understand everything and how you can use it but there are a lot of videos out there that tell you how to use it at 100 percent! so go and give it a try you have nothing to loose!

our purchase order! we tried other programs were to manage them but publisher has made our life so much easier with it templates

Microsoft Publisher review by James A.
James A.

"Great software for a novice user that needs a business card"

What do you like best?

I love publisher software as it is Microsoft and I love the interaction that microsoft software provides for users. I like publisher for designing simple cards or business cards, even stationary that I can print on my home computer. I also love the ease of use with this software and how it works seamlessly with other microsoft products. I use Publisher when I need to design a business card and print it on my home pc for example. This software helps those that need a simple way to produce results in a program that is user friendly and supportive. The cost is not high either and this software comes with the Office 365 subscription deals that are on. You can also save your work on the One Drive to be able to use or work from another device.

What do you dislike?

I find certain menus in publisher very simple to use and I believe that microsoft should use some of the Adobe ideas like effects and menu organisation to help deliver a more robust program for users who look to design more complex layouts. The menu system in publisher is not able to offer many feature to do with typography and fonts as well as working with 8images and editing them before placing them into the layout schematic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use publisher for producing your own cards or personal stationary to be printed on your home printer and for basic layout designs.

Publisher helps businesses to have an easy method of publishing designs on their computers.

Microsoft Publisher review by Gianluca O.
Gianluca O.

"Professional pubblications in Publisher, fast and easy"

What do you like best?

When you have no time and you have to quickly design something to print, my to go software is Microsoft Publisher. With no difficulties I can design covers for my projects, flyers and invitations. You can access to hundreds of free templates that you can use and customize for your needs. The interface is really simple and all the tools are well organized.

What do you dislike?

There are no really important problems with Microsoft Publisher. It would be great if the image modifications tools were more incisive and powerful, since there are limited action that you can do to an image that you would use in your project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have skills in design and graphic you have to try publisher. It can be used efficiently and effectively to create your marketing material or rapresentative material. You have hundreds of templates that you can use, just try it and see if Microsoft Publisher meets your needs.

I use it when I've to design something on the go. I love the templates that help me to have a professional document in minutes thanks to the quick and easy customization.

I use it for the daily program cover, for flyers that we need on a project or for inside meeting invitations.

Microsoft Publisher review by Benjamin P.
Benjamin P.

"A Great Solution!"

What do you like best?

The ability to use pre-built templates to complete tasks quickly and professionally. Publisher is a great product for making brochures, posters, labels, and regular documents. I have personally used it many times for very complex advertising pieces, as well as simple photo cropping tasks!

What do you dislike?

The templates could use regular updates, as well as the ability to really edit photos well to use within the program. There are solutions for this available outside the program, but a simple set of options above what they currently have would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that this is not a full suite, but part of the microsoft office set of programs! They have solutions available with all of their programs to help meet the needs lacking in this one. If you are looking for something easier to create quality material in, Publisher is a good solution! You will have great support from one the biggest companies out there, and they are consistntley updating their programs to help their customers meet their needs. It is a nice thing to have a company that will look into all sorts of device integration as well, because of the "tablet world" we live in now.

Advertising is a large part of what we do with publisher. We build our brochures and posters in this program often. It is a user friendly program with many file formats available to save as, making it more versatile than people would originally assume!

Microsoft Publisher review by Andrea R.
Andrea R.

"A good graphic design for quick and no-fancy projects."

What do you like best?

Thanks to uncle Microsoft we can find Microsoft Publisher included in the Microsoft Office package. It have powerful typigraphy tools and an exaustive layout library. You can use it in almost every graphic project in wich you don't need high ratings graphics. It's quick to learn and simple to use and complete your projects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the final file that comes from Microsoft Publisher is really huge, and you have to deal with that. It doesn't have great graphic tools as you can find in other specific platforms (as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop). You can't handle in a good way vector files for example... and it gives you no features about the printing step. Also you can't import PDFs or Adobe Photoshop PSDs files... this is a limitation if you work with other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsof Publisher is one of the common software on pcs... Probably you have it installed right now on your pc. It is, thanks to his intuitive designing, one of the simplest tools that you can use for your projects. You can even implement it's lack (the specific designing tools) if you already use othe software (such as Adobe Photoshop) in wich you can create you graphic and set the typographic style in Microsof Publisher.

I use it to create and set long text documents, working on the typography aspect. This helps me a lot since it is well integrated with Word and Excel, that I both use in the creation of my documents and presentations for the clients.

Microsoft Publisher review by Tiffany B.
Tiffany B.

"Recommended for casual users"

What do you like best?

I think it's fairly simple to use and I often am able to recommend it to people that wouldn't otherwise be able to design their own simple pamphlets and newsletters. Most of this is because the template selection is great albeit fairly simple. It integrates really well with other Microsoft products.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't do anything with Adobe well. Since a lot of business offices are using Adobe PDF's this can be problematic. While you can save it to PDF it's not easily editable so it would be better to just use Adobe to being with and In-Design offers way more flexible options so you can virtually do anything you can dream up design wise. BUT the learning curve isn't as sharp for Publisher.

I can recommend it to people that I would otherwise have to do all of their design and they can pretty much figure it out on their own enough to produce something acceptable. The integration with Microsoft products is nice because it is easy and our business uses the Office Suite as it's primary program for everything.

Microsoft Publisher review by Murry S.
Murry S.

"Highly Useful Desktop Publishing App that Most of Us Already Have"

What do you like best?

The top feature for me is color management. After I selected a template for a brochure, an imported graphic had the right content but colors that clashed with the theme. One click is all it took to re-color the graphic to match the theme. Wow.

I also like the toolbar. It offers all the expected controls for fonts, art and editing.

What do you dislike?

I used to hate Publisher. That was years ago. A valued client forced me to use it so that I could deliver the object files (.pub) to client employees, who would then be able to tweak content on their own. In the early going, Publisher was a second rate desktop publishing platform, hard to handle with a mouse and quirky about nearly everything. That was then. Publisher has grown up and the bugs are gone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve but it's not too steep. Play play play and you'll soon master the program. Publisher runs smoothly and produces excellent PDF files for printing. HTML files are also adequate for standard browsers, but I'm unsure about mobile platforms. You'll want to do a Google search for Publisher users who can comment on mobile output.

Easy theme selection from literally hundreds of flexible offerings for virtually any kind of project destined for screen or paper. This speeds the work when you don't have to first design a theme.

The benefit is speed. And, with screen-share programs, you can walk clients through visual options, arriving at design decisions with little wrangling and no need to submit comps.

Microsoft Publisher review by Tina Y.
Tina Y.

"Great for marketing beginners!"

What do you like best?

This is a very easy program to use! I love that the first screen that opens is directly giving you options for templates to use so you can get right to personalizing. There are also blank paper option and different sizes or categories of items that can be made, i.e. cards, posters, address labels, etc. There is a function called Online pictures that you can use to search for a photo and it will insert it directly into your project. Ease of use.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to the templates: you cannot change some of the color choices, for items that are already embedded in the project. There is a limited selection of WordArt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for beginners. Great for those who are not graphically trained to create on programs such as Photoshop or Illustrator.

This is a great program that helps me to create a flyer for an event in an instant. If I choose to take my time to create an advertisement or a marketing flyer, I can do so with ease. I can easily add pictures and logo to the project that I am working on. I am able to create binder covers, calendars for events, create funny photos with sayings to amuse my co-workers, etc. This is really very similar to Word but with the ability to add pictures and add a little more creativity to your projects.

Microsoft Publisher review by Meredith S.
Meredith S.

"Seemingly Outdated but Easy to Use Software"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of access of templates. I often have to create business cards, newsletters, and flyers for my nonprofit organization. Already having designed templates to plug in my own text makes my job so much easier when I'm in a time crunch.

What do you dislike?

Many of the features seem to be outdated for where our organization is headed. Trying to find modern looking layouts can be quite a challenge. It's a bit more time consuming than other programs because I have to spend more time creating better layouts than what they provide. For example, when I'm trying to create a newsletter, a lot of the templates available seem to be out of date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Publisher has many templates and fonts, make sure to use your own creativity to make it your own! The layouts are nice for beginners to get started but you'll need to learn how to use the program in order to make something unique to your organization or company. There are many different programs that will more easily plug in exactly what you want without as much of the effort but if you become a Publisher pro, there's no reason why you would need to use any other programs in order to create exactly what you want. It just takes a bit more time to get there!

I can open the program and use my own images and text to create flyers, business cards, and newsletters to quickly print for a mass audience.

Microsoft Publisher review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"Professional-looking publications"

What do you like best?

The best features about Microsoft Publisher are its vertical/horizontal rulers and grid lines. These features aid you spacially when developing and perfecting a layout for your project, as well as making sure symmetry is achieved throughout.

What do you dislike?

The one downside to Microsoft Publisher is that you need to pay attention to your text boxes. I have found that while I make edits to the layout, sometimes my text gets cut off and not all of the words appear as typed. Make sure to always double check your text doesn't get cut off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend creating fake trial runs prior to using this product for a real project, just to get comfortable with all of its features and get to know everything it is capable of doing. Also, with certain layouts, it is necessary to have a certain number of pages associated with it. This can be frustrating at times since the program doesn't necessarily tell the user this is the case until the end.

I needed a professional software program to develop a professional cover to publications being written. Something that really grabbed the attention of my readers, as well as illustrate the main topic that would be discussed.

Microsoft Publisher review by haylie k.
haylie k.

"If you know Word, you'll love Publisher"

What do you like best?

I was already a pro at Publisher the first time I used it because it was so similar to Word. The commands and menus are the same, for the most part, so there was no learning curve for me since I was so comfortable with other Microsoft products already.

What do you dislike?

I would like for there to be more crossover between the various products in Microsoft Office, such as the ability to design in Publisher and have a seamless connect with PowerPoint or Word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one software that the free versions don't match up to... If you want full flexibility, buy the full suite.

I am able to manipulate text and graphics in Publisher more so than in any other program. There is so much flexibility and so many options; it's freedom of design without the complications of other design software. On the other hand, it offers more options than the basic web-based design platforms.

Microsoft Publisher review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Microsoft Publisher"

What do you like best?

I love making quick flyers, and postcards. It is a great program to do in-house projects effectively. It is very user-friendly and the templates are easy to modify but offer a great guide for the users to create their own projects.

What do you dislike?

It is unable to do complex projects. If you need to significantly modify how text is displayed or create more complex pieces it is challenging. If I need to work more with a specific text or graphics I sometimes have to modify them in another program and reimport them into Publisher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Publisher is great for quick and simple publication projects. It has limits however it is a great blend of functionality and user-friendliness to make projects happen.

We are able to make in-house flyers and postcards quickly and easily that still look good. It is a great way to make our booklets and print them in-house saving money from having to outsource to a print company.

Microsoft Publisher review by Reiko K.
Reiko K.

"Microsoft Publisher"

What do you like best?

I like how I can create flyers, newsletters, brochures, and more for work. I am a receptionist, so I am often asked to create publications such as those listed earlier for residents, staff members and other community members.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it is difficult to determine how big the font should be for different headers and informational text. I also have difficulty determining if I need change colors of the font or add pictures once a test batch is printed out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use if someone needs to create publications such as flyers, brochures and newsletters. There are templates, color schemes and many different fonts to choose from. If you include your business information such as address, phone number, logo, etc. that will also show up when you download a template. This way, you won't need to enter it in every single time you need to do something for your business.

As mentioned earlier, I love creating publications (flyers, newsletters and brochures) when asked to during my shift as a receptionist. My supervisor can count on me to use Microsoft Publisher in order to make creative flyers, and it is super easy to do with the installed templates and color schemes. I love playing around on Microsoft Publisher in my spare time to see if I can discover new features that would be useful as my role in administrative support and receptionist. If I do discover something interesting, I like to show my supervisor or teach it to other staff members.

Microsoft Publisher review by Sonia S.
Sonia S.

"Publisher, un programa sencillo y práctico"

What do you like best?

Me encanta que haya tantos y diferentes diseños. No tengo formación en diseño gráfico pero aún así me resulta sencillo y te da capacidad de elegir fácilmente las opciones. También me gusta mucho la interfaz para seleccionar plantillas. Muy fácil de ver lo que quieres y sólo tienes que hacer clic en el icono para empezar. También es fantástico que cualquier cosa que yo cree se pueda guardar como un PDF.

También me gusta la carpeta "Mis Plantillas" porque me ayuda a mantener un registro de lo que he usado en el pasado si necesito producir publicaciones similares.

What do you dislike?

No hay manera (o al menos no he sido capaz de encontrar una manera) de editar el borde de una página sin cambiar todo el fondo de un color específico y luego colocar un cuadro de texto sobre ese fondo para crear un borde de color. Por lo demás no hay nada que no me guste. Me parece muy fácil de usar y autoexplicativo, con muchas opciones.

Si hay algo que desearía que Publisher tuviera, sería que hubiera una manera de construir mi propia biblioteca de imágenes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Haz un tutorial rápido en línea si no tienes tiempo para explorarlo por tu cuenta. De esta manera puedes tener una idea de las características que proporciona.

Para los empleados que no tienen suficiente tiempo/razón para dedicar al aprendizaje de una herramienta de diseño como InDesign, Publisher les ofrece la oportunidad de llevar a cabo su proyecto con una plataforma sencilla, especialmente para aquellos que no tienen una experiencia de diseño.

Microsoft Publisher review by Windy A.
Windy A.

"Excellent tool to edit. "

What do you like best?

I really like this tool because it facilitates many tasks in my job, I always have to have calendars, bulletins one that other advertising and publisher gives me all these tools with professional quality and impeccable, within their applications we find effects for text, we can exchange images with the function of drag and drop, we can make the publications in the best way that adpte to the I publish either by email, simplified sharing which is stored directly in the cloud by default and all this is achieved by just sending a link.

What do you dislike?

really publisher is a very good program but it is not the best and it can not be compared with the result of the work of a design expert and it uses programs like photoshop and coreldraw but it is quite good for the common user .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for the people who are starting in the world of design since it is an easy program to use and it is enough to have used Word, Microsoft PowerPoint or other Office programs before so that users can quickly learn to use Publisher and use the tool Office suitable for each task.

If you have created me to create personalized publications from a database to simplify the process of creating publications with office tasks.

Microsoft Publisher review by Fran M.
Fran M.

"Microsoft Publisher has the best to edit your creative projects. "

What do you like best?

I can edit and remedy what I write, design and create everything related to advertising. It is the best tool created by Microsoft in regards to editing. In addition to working offline and you can share via network.

What do you dislike?

This editing tool is complete, however; You can have future improvements such as adding it to the platform of mobile devices, adding and loading new templates with new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a tool that is designed to create dream projects and start in the world of digital advertising. This is the tool.

Regarding the frequent use of Microsoft Publisher, I noticed that page marking is no longer a problem. The edition of templates for campaign ads has been improved.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jose manuel A.
Jose manuel A.

"Program for the creation and design of advertising material"

What do you like best?

It is a very good app that offers me a series of templates to create any advertising material, it also gives me a series of tools that allow me to save time in the design and creation, obtaining a personalized, professional quality material that I can use for personal advertising or the company.

I can preview the material created before printing it.

It is easy to use and does not need previous experience to easily create, personalize and share publications and marketing material.

It comes integrated into the Microsoft oficce package.

What do you dislike?

It is not synchronized with other programs such as photoshop to give a more professional look to the images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It supports the own design of funds for the documents, that is to say, it can use own photographs for the funds of any work and also offers a repertoire of images online from Microsoft.

It has a large number of formats and effects for texts.

It is integrated with online work tools such as OneDrive.

This app allows you to create and design brochures, posters, or any other material for advertising campaigns that can be printed or used for advertising on the web

Microsoft Publisher review by Katelyn G.
Katelyn G.

"Top Notch Tech For Teachers"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of moving boxes, aligning graphics and captions, and the simple design of toolbars and ribbons. It is great for making cards, posters for graduate school and for work, and quickly editing past worksheets/charts without having to reformat everything.

What do you dislike?

I'm not crazy about it being a "premium" application, though I do consider it worth the added expense. When sending the file, it is sometimes frustrating that the recipient cannot open the file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose Microsoft Publisher because it takes all the hassle out of creating fantastic pamphlets, posters, and flyers. It is worth purchasing the higher-priced version of Office for this outstanding product!

I have created very nice worksheets, posters, and handouts for my classroom and for my graduate courses. I've received many compliments on my Publisher creations.

Microsoft Publisher review by Salvatore M.
Salvatore M.

"Good way to have professional graphic projects"

What do you like best?

Microsof Publisher is a good and solid software that helps you to produce advanced and professionally loocking designs. Have an easy interface and lot of typography tools. Also the software provides you a lot of great layout that you can easily customize.

What do you dislike?

If you have to modify images that you want to use in your projects you can't really use Publisher, since it has no real tools for images design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably you already have the Microsoft Office suite on your computer, so try Microsoft Publisher. Very ituitively the software will guide you to design what you need and you'll be surprised by the professional and great looking.

When I need fast and professional design ready to print I Always use Microsoft Publisher that saves my time and offers me a fast and solid help.

Microsoft Publisher review by Kara T.
Kara T.

"Helpful tool for simple design needs"

What do you like best?

Best for simple designs, mail merges, and so forth. Very helpful for merges, particularly with envelopes and labels of any size. More intuitive to use than other design software, especially if you are comfortable with Microsoft Office. If you are frustrated when trying to complete merges or simple designs in Word, this is the tool to help you do what you need to do much more easily!

What do you dislike?

Not ideal for in depth design, or high quality rendering. Sometimes can be difficult to modify images of certain types. Other difficulties come when you have several pages that need the same edit - in the current edition (and previous editions I've used), that change usually needs to be made manually on each page/section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not a graphic designer by trade but have design needs for your department or business, this is a great tool for you to use. It is fairly easy to use, especially if you are comfortable with other Microsoft Office tools. Can be flexible fairly easily with page sizes and types. I would definitely recommend this product (and I have!) to anyone who needs this type of simple and helpful tool.

Easy to use for merges - especially with odd paper or envelope sizes. We also use it frequently for creating simple postcards, brochures, and handouts for seminars, as well as printing addresses on envelopes and labels of varying sizes for our many mailing needs.

Microsoft Publisher review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"excellent program for the creation of brochures"

What do you like best?

Microsoft publisher has many advantages one of them is that it has an interface that is very easy to use, it makes it very simple even for people who do not have any knowledge about it, with this incredible program you can create brochures, brochures, leaflets, newsletters Billboards and many other things can be used to deliver a simple brochure or even by professionals

What do you dislike?

One of the great disadvantages that publisher has is that some publications are considered very simple, some templates are very classic should update the program so that there is more variety of the rest I find an incredible program, I recommend it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this program program for all those companies that work making brochures is too useful

this incredible program served a lot in our company we have taken much advantage, has helped us to make many brochures quickly and easily

Microsoft Publisher review by LUIS MARTIN M.
LUIS MARTIN M.

"EL MEJOR SOFTWARE PARA PODER REALIZAR PUBLICIDAD"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher es ideal para proyectos tipográficos rápidos y fáciles, le ofrece muchas plantillas para cada necesidad que tenga. Esto es lo que más me gusta, el hecho de que siempre tiene una plantilla lista para imprimir que en minutos puede personalizarse según mis necesidades. Esto gracias a la interfaz intuitiva y rápida y gracias a las muchas herramientas disponibles.

What do you dislike?

De vez en cuando puede fallar y ser un poco problemático. Microsoft parece estar decidido a empujar a todos hacia su servicio de suscripción / basado en la nube. Publicidad molesta para eso y constante empuje en esa dirección. Solo comprar la licencia de una sola vez es una prueba de paciencia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adquiera la herramienta de edición y simplifique sus funciones dando mejores resultados a compañías más grandes y más pequeñas.

Crear materiales materiales de marketing para eventos. He utilizado este programa para crear folletos y anuncios para su distribución de forma local

Microsoft Publisher review by User in Higher Education

"Publisher"

What do you like best?

I like this tool because it is very easy to learn and manage and also helps us create and publish professional quality marketing and sales materials for commercial printing, e-mail or Internet publications. It allows me to create personalized publications from a database as well as simplify the process of creating publications.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the pre-made images are something classic and sometimes this is not useful, since it prevents the users of this tool from giving that personal touch to the design, there must be more flexibility to allow the user to give a personal touch to the work .

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend the use of this tool, since it would allow any organization to project the image of your company and its products, making use of the functions that this tool possesses.

Through the use of this tool we have been able to create publications and marketing material of high professional quality through the creation of brochures, newsletters, postcards, greeting cards, posters that have allowed the projection of our organization.

Microsoft Publisher review by User

"Microsoft Publisher is a good software program for creating projects"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Microsoft Publisher is that I can create my own or use the templates available through Microsoft Publisher. I am in charge of organizing several events for my job. Some of the events require flyers, posters, bookmarks, booklets etc. Microsoft Publisher has helped me to design different projects for my events. I like the fact that I can easily incorporate into my projects pictures, designs or documents that I need from my own files.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Microsoft Publisher is that I need a step by step tutorial to find out how to create my projects no matter if is simple or complex. There are so many features that can be used and a person cannot just start on his/her own to create a project. He/she needs to understand how each feature works. I wish that it had a feature on the toolbar that says "Tell me what you want to do". This would help me tremendously because I can click on that tool and ask what I want and it will show me what I need to do to accomplish that procedure. Once you learn how the features work, creating projects will be a "breeze".

Recommendations to others considering the product

If possible and if you are new to Microsoft Publisher, I recommend that you look at a tutorial before using the software. This will help you to utilize all the features that are available for whatever project you are creating.

I am solving business problems and getting benefits in only having to use one software program to help me create the project that I need for any event.

Microsoft Publisher review by DAVID F.
DAVID F.

"Publishing has never been so easy."

What do you like best?

With Publisher I can make all kinds of publications, brochures, invitations, announcements, among many other things, in a fast way which helps me save time at work, since it has predetermined templates that facilitate its use.

What do you dislike?

Publisher does not have very professional aspects like other publishing editors, which does not allow for comparison with the result of an expert in graphic design, it is used to perform simpler jobs, not professional works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your employees need to have a quick job in a short time this is the best application they can use, Help create, personalize and easily share a wide variety of publications and marketing material which helps you to publicize the company and thus increase the profits of the company.

To do jobs quickly Publisher is essential as it helps you promote your business, Publisher is easy to learn to manage, it allows you to simplify the process of creating publications with Office Publisher tasks, one of the best things is that you can create personalized publications from a database.

Microsoft Publisher review by User in International Affairs
User in International Affairs

"the easiest way to create presentation cards, diplomas, and many other interesting and useful things"

What do you like best?

It has been for more than 10 years the easiest way to do documents such presentation cards, diplomas, brochure and many others we use in our lifetime. Its prefect for non-expert users and for professionals as well, even for children’s and teenagers. The interface is very clean and very simple to understand.

What do you dislike?

The principal problem about this software is the lack of tools it has compare to many other design software’s in the market today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of those essential software’s you need on your PC or laptop. It can help you out in many ways you can´t even imagine and very easy as well.

I have use this software to solve many issues during my professional time, I’ve made presentation cards, brochures, posters, diplomas and many others stuff thanks to it. Sometimes you just need this software to help you quickly on the need you have and save many dollars in the process also.

Microsoft Publisher review by Kisha D.
Kisha D.

"Publisher is a great too for business create anything from brochures to logos!"

What do you like best?

Publisher allows you to create any business form, template, print media, designs and much more! I use publisher for almost all my designing and business needs. Publisher allows you to integrate logos and layer images for use in brochures, business cards, documents, and even business forms/templates. Publisher offers tools such as recoloring images, you can even design logos with text art, shapes and images print ready format with a commercial publisher/printer company. You can send to a commercial publisher/printer with ease just click design checker to make sure all your images are grouped and printing friendly and then choose file and export for commercial printing from your desktop! Users can also create banners for websites or Facebook pages by cutting , stretching the image with crop or you can crop your image to a shape cut then save in the format you can use in other software programs or post to your website or share via web.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the ability to save as a SVG file for my Circut machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was fortunate enough to take classes in Adobe and Adobe Illustrator but, if you haven't this is the software for you! You can use this software and create just as much as you could with Adobe with out the coursework!. Easy to use and design with so many template designs offered or that you may look for online and use. Ready to go to the publisher right from your desktop easy to use converter so your print materials are crisp and professional looking.

I have used Publisher to design my logo for my business Flying Key Designs, I have created business cards and promo postcards for returning customers. I am currently working with Publisher to covert my designs to list as digital party favor downloads in my Etsy shop.

Microsoft Publisher review by Kathleen M.
Kathleen M.

"Microsoft Publisher makes creating content easy"

What do you like best?

I like its interface. It's appealing, simple, and falls in line with the rest of the products offered by Microsoft Office.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to think of things I dislike about Microsoft Publisher. It's a solid product. One complaint would be that it doesn't transfer over to Google the way that other Microsoft products do (ex. Word to Doc, Power Point to Slides).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend patience. This product takes some getting used to when it comes to creating what you need. Cutting, copying, and pasting, and then arranging each item on the page, can be cumbersome. But it's a worthwhile system to use in the end.

This is helpful when it comes to creating posters, displays, newsletters, and things of the sort.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jeffrey R.
Jeffrey R.

"My go to and fallback editor"

What do you like best?

Publisher was my first editor that I used to work with photos, documents, certificates, games, and all other forms of paperwork that required more features and functionality that a simple word doc. It is rare that I will use word for word documents anymore as Publisher can do the same thing, while also having the ability to add in flair, and images on a free form canvas. It is simple to arrange things and will typically yield a high quality result.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything that I really dislike with Microsoft Publisher. The features that come with it can accomplish nearly any task I have come up against and I will sometimes use it as a fallback when I can't accomplish something with Photoshop (Rather new Photoshop user here).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used Publisher for years (Since Microsoft first came out with it) and have been able to create tasks using it that others in my previous field (Education) could not come up with. I am currently using Photoshop more and more for my current occupation (Front End Web Development), however I still find myself opening Publisher now and again to accomplish a task that I struggle with or have not learned yet in Photoshop. Publisher is an amazing program with a vast array of features.

Creating any form of document that requires more than a simple word processor. It also allows me some ability to edit, combine, and fix images.

Microsoft Publisher review by Carla B.
Carla B.

"Very good I think it's excellent because it is a basic and practical tool for design."

What do you like best?

It is a tool that helps us to perform several tasks of great interest in our work facilitating our task. Publisher is essential for anyone who wants to do many things, as many as one wants to imagine. You can even make web pages, it is quite easy and for someone who does not know the formulas and codes to do it, this program makes your job easier. The good thing about the program is that you can save it in several formats, the most common JPEG and PDF.

What do you dislike?

This needs personalization. more more more personalization

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool

Good program is very useful contains add-ons that help very well, it is myt easy to use. It is essential for anyone who wants to do many things, as many as one wants to imagine. You can even make web pages, it is quite easy and for someone who does not know the formulas and codes to do it, this program makes your job easier.

Microsoft Publisher review by Muneer K.
Muneer K.

"With help from a decent template library, Publisher can create highly detailed products"

What do you like best?

The template for tri-fold brochures make pamphlet-making much less complicated. Also features like shape drawing, WordArt, and Page Parts gives an edge in designing something eye-catching and original. I also like the table insert ability - this is especially useful if creating things like quick phone directories, or short, colorful lists.

What do you dislike?

Users must be meticulous in their placement of objects, imported images, and long text in their creations. Sometimes, I have to create multiple text boxes to perfectly fit a paragraph or sentence next to an image. It is also difficult to keep track of which objects or images are "on top" of others, so when you go back to edit a layered image it can be difficult to click the correct one. Sometimes I need to use keyboard shortcuts to edit an object/image that is layered behind others - this can be a nuisance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is possible to creating visually appealing brochures and posters with Publisher. However, if you are looking for a higher quality end product with a bit more of a "professional" look, I would suggest looking elsewhere to software like PhotoShop or InDesign.

I have created comprehensive and visually stunning business/travel brochures. I have also used Publisher for softer projects, like holiday part posters and the such. The benefit of Publisher is that it is simple enough to use to create good-looking products, but is intuitive enough that it does not require the amount of training for something like PhotoShop or InDesign.

Microsoft Publisher review by Nicholas A. K.
Nicholas A. K.

"Publisher for logo design"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of Microsoft Publisher is the ability to organize lots of different words, images, shapes, etc. to make a clean professional looking document. I use the software for making brochures, logo design, greeting cards, venue maps, business card design and signage. Overall it is a great program to use for small projects.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the stock images and limited ability to alter and create images from scratch. Additionally, I do not like that you cannot decrease the size of the document for projects such as business cards. I tried to import my file to create business cards and the large image would save leaving a large white background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use another software program to design logo or other art. Publisher will not be a good source for this.

I am solving the problem of creating professional looking documents at a very minimum price without sacrificing quality.

Microsoft Publisher review by Mohammed S.
Mohammed S.

"It does the job"

What do you like best?

Its output is what I really like. I have been using it for 2 years now, and I am always surprised with the PDF I create from the publisher version, because it doesn't look good on the design preview.

What do you dislike?

- Bugs bugs bugs

- It cannot handle Excel graphs well, not like other applications: Word...

- Heavy and it can get really slow with some big images

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the easiest option out there, I really advise you not to do so if you have a good programmer/designer, ask him/her to work on Adobe InDesign or something, UNLESS you want to use a great number of graphs from Excel.

We are creating periodical reports using Microsoft Publisher, every two weeks (at least).

Microsoft Publisher review by Jordan F.
Jordan F.

"Great For Every Day Beginner Design Use"

What do you like best?

I cant tell you how many times I am in Adobe, and I think to myself, this is just a print publication. Quickly I Minimize adobe and I go straight to Publisher. It makes formatting a document for print easy. Whether you choose to use their easy, predesigned templates, or you use their "blank page" and build from scrap, it truly helps the modern professional and saves on graphic design cost.

What do you dislike?

It is limited on how you can save a document and the amount of DPI. So If you are building a project, for example, a large billboard, this program will most likely not meet your requirements at only 300 DPI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a program that is not only affordable but will save you money on day to day or monthly publication cost publisher is for you.

I always use this program for invites, mailing, and office memorandums. It allows me to not just make a basic text document, but add in photos. I have really used the benefits since we expanded our mailing department.

Microsoft Publisher review by User

"Publisher remained unchanged -- really starting to show its age -- useful if absolutely necessary"

What do you like best?

If you only have a license for Publisher (for composing newsletters, brochures, etc.), then it is a perfectly adequate product. They have added integration across all Office products -- so you'll see Office 2016 allowing "collaborative" effects. It is fairly simple to use with very little beforehand knowledge towards mastery -- if you can use Microsoft Word, chances are you wouldn't encounter any problems. Microsoft has a plethora of templates available either locally or through their website (if you are looking for something not offered).

What do you dislike?

Rather dated. Even though they've continued support and included it in their 2016 office suite, there are many alternatives that look a lot better (aesthetically). The publications coming out of the software seem rather juvenile and not too professional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If this is your only option for composing publications -- then make the best of the situation. If you have discretion with what software you'll be using -- look elsewhere. It is extremely dated and the end-product shows it's rather simple and not too complex. I would not use this if you want professionalism -- if you did, develop your own template.

Ad hoc templates for whitepapers/reports -- need something above Word but nothing outside of our enterprise license. It definitely adds more features but I'd just consider it an extension of Word.

Microsoft Publisher review by Dave W.
Dave W.

"If it's all you got"

What do you like best?

You can do allot of different things in Publisher. Microsoft has tried to make it user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Where do I begin.. Publisher is a great program if you are printing to your desktop printer. I wish Microsoft would stop trying to sell it as a desktop publishing software. It is not a commercial program. I work in printing and we cringe when a publisher file arrives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use for your club newsletter. Get a real program (Indesign, quark, etc for commercial work) Please and thank you

We use it in our business to help when we receive Publisher files for commercial printing. We are able to attempt to make changes if requested, and fix incorrect issues.

Microsoft Publisher review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"excellent office tool"

What do you like best?

It works very well when it comes to making brochures, informative brochures or advertising documents, it is easy to use, it has nothing to envy to other applications or programs, it does not require much hardware for its proper functioning, it does not cover so much hard disk space and its files are not very heavy, it is very useful at the time of advertising or publicize any product, project, events or anything else

What do you dislike?

nothing, since it does not cover so much hard disk space and its files are not very heavy, very good work tool, it is compatible with many programs, it works a lot when it comes to making flyers, information brochures or advertising documents, it is easy to use , it has nothing to envy to other applications or programs, it does not require much hardware for its good function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, because it is a very useful at the time of advertising or publicize any product, project, event or anything else, which makes it easier to capture, disseminate and analyze the information you are trying to get to the public, and not only information can be added to your files but also images which help the public to capture more information that you want to transmit

quite, because it is a very useful at the time of advertising or publicize any product, project, event or anything else, which makes it easier to capture, disseminate and analyze the information that is trying to get to the public

Microsoft Publisher review by Catherine F.
Catherine F.

"A solid software for desktop publishing"

What do you like best?

Simple and intuitive. If you know how to use Microsoft Word you can use Publisher without a lot of extra training. allowing cross software copy and paste makes adding in details from spreadsheets and older documents easy to handle.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to apply standardizing features across pages or sections. (graphic location fonts etc) rather than have to select individual items to format. Particularly with multi page documents to make sure the corners all line up correctly or alternating headers and footers work properly can be difficult to manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great for those familiar with office who need to create handouts and brochures.

IT has been great for cutting down on printing costs by doing the design in house and sending the files out to our printers.

Microsoft Publisher review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Microsoft Publisher is one of the easiest editor ever"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher is, for me, one of the best and easiest graphic editors avaible. I love that you can use a lot of template that you can customize in a very easy way and they're ready to print.

What do you dislike?

It will be great if Microsoft Publisher provide us some more tools to use with images. Little improvements that can make the experience better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use other important and more complex software, but Microsoft Publisher is my best choice when I need good quality of the final product and I need to be really fast in production. Worth a try.

I use Microsoft Publisher to create things that I need to print at the office. Many times I need badges and very basic business cards, and I can arrange them in minutes with the software. It also help me a lot with event invitations that my business run. Easy and fast.

Microsoft Publisher review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"How Microsoft Publisher benefits my life"

What do you like best?

Since my beginnings in the academic and labor world, I have required tools that facilitate the design and creation of varied demands, both from teachers and from clients and bosses. Publisher is one of those platforms that always accompanied me and made my work easier, faster and more fun. It has exceptional templates, and in each advance, the updates are more effective, suitable and multifunctional. Publisher makes you earn time, that you include yourself in the world of graphic design as a basic method, and that, quickly, you have at hand brochures, menus, memoranda, letters, and various mechanisms to classify, order, and reduce information that you want to spread, or customize in an excellent way the orders of your clients, adapting it to your demands, tastes, need of image quality, number of sheets, execution time and more. Without a doubt, I highly recommend this platform to all the people in initiation, because it will help them a lot to do the things they need, as long as they comply with Microsoft Publisher's capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Although Microsoft Publisher gives me many benefits, I can not ignore that, as you go professionalizing in the world of graphic design and your requirements and those of your customers are increasing, the capacity and options that this program gives you fall short. . Although, this is a VERY basic platform when editing or creating content either for your work or your study medium, as it remains in less advanced tools, Microsoft's colors in general, do not have a very large range, Typographies have to be improved every day, updated and they must add many more variety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The recommendations are: greater versatility of design, typography and colors. Make more updates on the platform. To be able to more easily include videos and images from the internet. More fluency in your software, and greater advancement and professionalism.

As I mentioned before, the main advantages I have obtained from Microsoft Publisher since I know it, is the speed, efficiency, ease and versatility it offers. It has always been the most important point of my experience with this platform and therefore, in addition to continuing to use it, I always recommend it to all people who ask me for an option to design with the features of this software.

Microsoft Publisher review by User

"Advertising Schedules and More Made Easy! "

What do you like best?

I love that I can create advertising flyers and brochures without hiring someone to design them for me. Its also easy to create schedules , calendars and office announcements. I also like that you can import your own pictures or use clipart. Its a easy to learn software that has a high versatility rate. What I mean by that is that you can use it in a variety of businesses or even personal use. Theres also features to overlay items and create business cards in a pinch.

What do you dislike?

Nothing some templates dont load but its nothing that closing and reopening the program cant fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont be afraid to use the assistant feature. Also explore the clipart features and try importing your own photos for a more professional appearance. Get a workforce epson printer for easy wireless printing directly from the software and save even more money to offset costs. This is a great program for small businesses.

I dont have to outsource work nearly as much. Flyers for events, schedules, thank you and holiday cards are all easy to create and I dont have to pay someone else to do it.

Microsoft Publisher review by User in Higher Education

"A basic, but enriching experience ..."

What do you like best?

When we talk about basic programs, easy and VERY effective to work on when designing and creating brochures, images, letters, invitations and more, the name of Publisher always appears. This is one of those platforms that assure us speed, and above all variety of designs. Microsoft has good content creation software, PowerPoint is one of them, but nevertheless, Publisher becomes an interesting tool for companies, and for the general public, especially those students who want to start in the world of creation and design.

One of the advantages that I find most in this system, is, its free version is extremely capable of giving you professional results, and it extends to all types of people because of its beautiful organization of tools and options that are very close at hand. Inserting photos from your gallery and even from the internet is very easy and fast, changing the fonts and the default designs is also easy, and that's why I love it.

What do you dislike?

Publisher is a platform that has accompanied me for years in the realization of many and varied jobs since I started using a computer for the first time, that is, a long time ago. Therefore, I have a vast knowledge of what this software means, seeing more and more positive aspects, mostly; but, unfortunately, also many factors a little unfavorable. Although it is true that it has a variety of designs, in certain occasions (and for different jobs) the fact of not having so many designs falls short, and also, it can not be imported from other networks. There can always be improvements in fonts, designs, colors, options, tools, new and fun mechanisms to design. Without a doubt, they would give many points to this platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations have been intrinsically linked to all my writing: I recommend new designs, shapes, options, colors. New methods, new tools and better platform support.

Particularly, the greatest benefit I have had with this platform in the professional and work environment, is the ease that I have to create in just minutes beautiful presentation brochures and content to sell, memos, letters, invitations, and more. An excellent option, although basic, for your work or company.

Microsoft Publisher review by Rhonda L.
Rhonda L.

"Makes my flyers and printing pop"

What do you like best?

If you really work and play around with it, you can get some great work done. Flyers, postcards, business cards and more will look great with publisher. The possibilities are truly endless. Amazing graphic designer quality work at that!

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Maybe the Microsoft 365 price could be more affordable but this program is pretty good and I guess you save money on a graphic designer by doing it yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the money. And if you have time to figure it all out, you will be quite pleased at what it is able to do. We have saved quite a bit of money on a graphic designer by designing documents ourselves and they look professional. We love it!

I can save money on my grspohic designer by allowing anyone on my team access to the program and let them play away. We have designed almost all materials for my clients with Publisher. It's worked well.

Microsoft Publisher review by raquel m.
raquel m.

"The editor that will solve all your problems with minimum complications"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher is a self-publishing application is extremely easy to use so it is considered a tool for beginners because it does not have a very advanced level of complexity and allows you to edit and create documents with a very good result, among many utilities. example of it is for those people who at the moment of designing their curricular synthesis or curriculum vitae and do not have knowledge of how to do it, the use of the predetermined templates will make your life easier. At the level of studies or business, it allows you to create and master the formats of triplets for the dissemination of information, the creation of talkers and how many more, in general terms and personal publisher is an excellent application.

What do you dislike?

When I think about the times that I have worked or have had to use this application, no complications come to my mind, however I believe that it could be improved is the graphic edition since it is not very advanced or the fact that it is a very heavy file given the simplicity of it, there are few disadvantages to this application, with it I have solved many jobs and it has been all the useful that I have required it to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best recommendation that could be given for this application is that they acquire it since it solves many of their problems in a quick and easy way.

As it is an editing tool, it allows you to have a direct connection with the client, embodying the publications, making them more attractive and more attractive, or achieving exactly what the client requires. It also allows you to convert documents into PDF formats. By its templates it allows you to save time at work and its easy use and learning will serve to be a tool handled by any employee without any complications.

Microsoft Publisher review by Rocelin C.
Rocelin C.

" 20/5000 Sufficiently useful"

What do you like best?

It makes the job of designing pamphlets, cards, invitations, brochures, etc., faster and easier. It maintains templates that do not require more modifications than adding the content according to the needs of the user. It does not require major investments but only the cost of the Office package to obtain it. They are simple and fast formats that are useful for those who do not have a designer at their fingertips.

Hace que el trabajo de diseñar panfletos, tarjetas, invitaciones, tripticos, etc, sea mas rapido y sencillo. Mantiene plantillas que no requieren mas modificaciones que añadir el contenido según sea la necesidad del usuario. No requiere de mayores inversiones sino solo el costo del paquete Office para poder obtenerla. Son formatos sencillos y rápidos que son útiles para aquellos que no tienen un diseñador a su alcance.

What do you dislike?

It has been left behind with many of the updates that have occurred in recent years with software. it is necessary to add more formats and with better templates and a variety of colors that offer users a better application.

Se ha quedado atrás con muchas de las actualizaciones que se han dado en los últimos años con los software. hace falta añadir mas formatos y con mejores plantillas y variedad de colores que le ofrezcan a los usuarios una mejor aplicación.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Increase the number of templates, color palettes, and formats that are available in the software.

Aumentar el numero de plantillas, paletas de colores, y formatos que se disponen en el software.

I need speed in my work, Publisher makes it possible for me to perform my tasks in less time.

Necesito rapidez en mi trabajo, Publisher hace posible que pueda realizar mis tareas en menor tiempo.

Microsoft Publisher review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Not bad, not great"

What do you like best?

The best thing that I've used it for is mailing projects. It makes mail merges and set up for mailings fairly easy to customize and execute. Creating programs for events is also fairly easy

What do you dislike?

Not particularly intuitive. Can be very challenging if you need to collaborate since it's not a widely used product. Would love to be able to enter different file types onto pages more easily. I have tried inserting PDF files onto pages and they always seem to come out blurry or fuzzy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't say it is a bad tool, but it's also not particularly intuitive or user-friendly and if you need to collaborate with outside parties it can be difficult because it's not a widely used product.

Mailings, programs. Makes putting together these type of pieces fairly easy, better than using MS Word. There is definitely time saved using this program vs MS word to do projects involving a mail merge.

Microsoft Publisher review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Microsoft Publisher for quick projects"

What do you like best?

I like the color palette design tool. Once a color theme is selected the hues of that color can be seen in the drop down menu. The dropper selection tool in the same menu helps me select a color from a photo or graphic to use as a background, shape or font color.

What do you dislike?

I go in and out with my view on newsletter projects especially, It's kind of annoying that I need to go up to the toolbar and choose the view from a selection there. I'm used the more seamless viewing of tools on Photoshop and Illustrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is a good tool for simple print projects. In my opinion it is easier to use than Word for projects such as newsletter or documents with graphics. Text boxes don't bounce the way they can in Word after an adjustment has been made. It is easier to insert graphics, photos.

It doesn't take as much adjustment to format the document the way I like.

Quick printing projects such a newsletters, educational information sheets, small signs. Using Publisher for these kinds of projects makes it easier for other members of my team who don't use Adobe products but have Microsoft software like Word and Publisher to open work I've done and then edit.

Microsoft Publisher review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Professional and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Intuitive and familiar Microsoft Office user interface makes designing simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

Limited set of features that makes it unable to compete against other options. Unable to manipulate and edit images on a level that would produce professional looking products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As the Microsoft Office suite is a very familiar set of programs that are widely used in many offices, Microsoft Publisher is often included as part of this suite. As such, it is worth trying it out in order to determine if it's the product for you. Its simplicity and familiar user interface makes its very welcoming for newer users who are unfamiliar with graphic design. Similar programs such as Adobe Photoshop are much more complex and less user friendly. That being said, these competitor programs usually offer a whole host of more comprehensive functions.

Publisher is very good for simple uses such as designing elements needed for business uses.

Project poster designs and information cards

Microsoft Publisher review by FRANCISCO G.
FRANCISCO G.

"Publisher is a useful tool for advertising design. "

What do you like best?

Whenever using Publisher, the contents of my publications have been sympathetic to the users who review them. This tool is very capable to design and achieve the attention of the community because it is a tool that gives rise to many projects.

What do you dislike?

Publisher needs to be updated with new versions and utilities to improve the quality of the edition of advertising documents. This tool is useful not for everything because you can only work without internet connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are creating our publications in Publisher without the need to invest high investment costs. The tools are useful and with great benefits such as Publisher.

As a consultant within my company, we take ownership of this tool to publish important news, events that bring together many people as well as to publish posters of socio-environmental campaigns.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"Great way to create flyers and brochures!"

What do you like best?

I like how Microsoft Publisher supports creativity and innovation. It is easy to use and always produces high quality products. You can add life to a simple flyer. This program has helped me make eye catching flyers to advertise bake sales that we were hosting to raise money for charities. I also used it to have the students work on projects in the classroom.

What do you dislike?

Not many employees know how to navigate this software and because of this, it is something that must be taught. This is not that hard of an issue to fix and there are many training videos out there that could help employees understand the basics of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend implementing a training session for employees so that they can understand how to more throughly use the product and navigate the in's and out's of the system.

I am able to create flyers and brochures to announce information.

Microsoft Publisher review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"Publisher for Non-profits"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher is great for non-profit professionals like myself who are not professional graphic designers but need to be able to create marketing pieces (brochures, fliers, postcards, annual reports, etc.). It has the flexibility for desktop publishing that Word does not have and yet is not as complicated to learn as Illustrator.

What do you dislike?

The template designs are outdated so I typically start from a blank canvas. If you prefer to work from well-designed templates, I'd use Canva instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for the non-profit professional that needs to create marketing pieces for donors, volunteers, and the general public.

Publisher allows me to create marketing pieces quickly and easily, and they are easy to convert to different file types (PDF, etc.) to send to a printer.

Microsoft Publisher review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"More than just cards"

What do you like best?

This product lets me quickly make up cards and stationary using pre-made templates. The cost, as it is a part of the MS family, is not bad.

What do you dislike?

I am currently using Office 2013 which has you to go online to get templates. In previous versions you were given much more power of using something made or changing it up to be your own. This seems more controlled, and not by the end user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect to be an artist when using this program unless you have taken some sort of training with it. There are probably lots of bells and whistles, but I haven't been able to find/use them.

I create birthday cards for all of our 100+ nursing staff. This is something done inexpensive and quick. I haven't used it for much else because I have found this version to not be as user friendly as previous versions. This one relies too much on the internet.

Microsoft Publisher review by Gail S.
Gail S.

"Publisher is user friendly AWESOME - but not being updated"

What do you like best?

I like that I can capture images online, put them together with text and create my own jpg for posting to social media for marketing.

I like that I can move items, size items, etc. Super simple and easy.

There are templates for newsletters, business cards, greeting cards, and so much more. It is one of my favorites, but I don't believe Microsoft is going to continue to support and update. UGHHHH.... and it works so well!

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is such an easy publishing software - and believe me, I am not the patient type. :-)

I am hoping they continue to support and improve the product.

Quick Marketing for spontaneous promotions on Social Media.

I can create a professionally appearing image in just a few short minutes - super simple.

Not at all like Microsoft Word - what a pain that is to move images and text around.

Microsoft Publisher review by Philip J V.
Philip J V.

"Great resource for many different projects"

What do you like best?

I like that Publisher comes with customizable, built-in templates, but also allows you to start from scratch and do almost anything you'd like with it. I also like that it uses the basic Microsoft Suite set up, which is familiar and used across Word and Excel which we heavily use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the Publisher templates are easily recognizable and sometimes look cheap. This means I often have to design from the bottom up, and there are other programs that are both easier to use and allow for broader customization and a more polished look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to use online tutorials and Microsoft Help to learn all of the tools that Publisher has to offer.

We are solving programming problems that allow us to create templates that can be used building-wide, weather creating playbills or signage for around the theatre, it allows us to have a uniform image. By combining Publisher with use on our company server, everybody has access to all Publisher documents created.

Microsoft Publisher review by Michelle H.