Microsoft Publisher

Microsoft Publisher is an entry-level desktop publishing solution.

Work for Microsoft Publisher?

Learning about Microsoft Publisher?

Microsoft Publisher Reviews

Showing 570 Microsoft Publisher reviews
Microsoft Publisher review by Mike Lester R.
Mike Lester R.

"Publisher 365 "

What do you like best?

What I liked best about Publisher on my O365 subscription is that it is FREE with my subscription. It has the similar interface as most of the Microsoft office suite programs and that making pages is as easy as modifying a Word file.

What do you dislike?

The thing I don't like about the software is that it looks OLD and there are not as many templates or even tutorials on the software and it seems Microsoft is not so keen in keeping up with other Desktop publishing software available on the Market. I do believe Microsoft should keep on developing this potential disruptor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is a default program MS Home users are FREE to use and download on their Windows machines. Unfortunately it is not available on the Mac. Also there is no mobile app for this software. However, what lacks in features, Microsoft compensates for its very user friendly interface and ease of use (learning curve)

Businesses who are already subscribed to the Cloud MS Office suite should closely consider using Publisher as their desktop publishing software.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Publisher
Microsoft Publisher review by Roxana P.
Roxana P.

"Use and Utility of Microsoft Publisher"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher I like it because it is a Microsoft desktop publishing application; additional is considered as a beginner or entry-level program, which differs from the Microsoft Word word processor in that it emphasizes the design and layout of the pages, more than in the process and correction of texts, I also like Microsoft Publisher because it is a program that provides a simple editing history similar to that of its sister product Microsoft Word, but unlike Adobe InDesign and Adobe InCopy.

What do you dislike?

I do not like Microsoft Publisher is that its rapport with other programs on the market, is not professional, and can not be compared to the result of the work of a graphic design expert who uses programs such as Photoshop and Corel, but it is quite good for the user common, it also takes a lot to be such a simple, simple and easy program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation for Microsoft Publisher for other potential clients, is that publisher is easy to learn and manage, and can help entrepreneurs, managers and workers to create and publish professional quality marketing and sales materials for commercial printing, emails or publication on the Internet, and everything from the familiar environment of Office, it is enough to have used Word, Microsoft PowerPoint or other Office programs before so that users can quickly learn to work with Publisher and use the appropriate Office tool for each task, saving time By reusing the work, you can create custom publications from a database, simplifying the process of creating publications with Office Publisher tasks.

In the organization Microsoft Publisher can help the small business to promote its business, keep us in contact with customers and get other new customers, build a solid and professional business identity, Publisher was easy to learn and manage, and helps entrepreneurs , managers and employees to create and publish professional quality marketing and sales materials for commercial printing, e-mail or Internet publishing, and everything from the familiar office environment, we used Word, Microsoft PowerPoint or other Office programs before and I help quickly manage the Microsoft Publisher tool and use the appropriate Office tool for each task.

What Desktop Publishing solution do you use?

Microsoft Publisher review by Luis Armando C.
Luis Armando C.

"excellent application."

What do you like best?

What I like most about this application are its templates and the possibility of doing an excellent job in a very short time, despite being offered as an application for beginners is useful for any exérto, because it saves a lot of time, I use it very often to make my presentation cards, my brochures, calendars, among many other things.

What do you dislike?

I do not see that I have something that I dislike, what I have been able to note is that this application does not have any kind of tutorials, but it is something acceptable because it is very easy to use, and has no way to communicate if you have any mishap with the purchase or installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You save a lot of time and money using this application, and it is 100% useful..

I am very comfortable with this application, it has helped me to make my presentation cards to distribute to all the users and clients of the firm where I am owner, without having to hire any service because I personally do it, as well as the calendars of the office, It has given me the advantage of giving to promote my services in a very easy and simple way.

Microsoft Publisher review by Uma S.
Uma S.

"Perfect in work use"

What do you like best?

We are pleased to have this product as functional application and very much useful in our team. It included large catalog of templates designed as per our needs.

We have found a wide range of tools for producing layouts and creating typographic quality text, images and content designing. We are mostly used for creating outlets, Curriculum summary, Graphic designing

What do you dislike?

We are next to see more other features in creating brochures and more designing patterns included with multiple font and color combination.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the urgency, it is very helpful product to quickly create all pages in JPEG format in order to reduce our time of conversion. You can create many types of publications starting from created templates, Great and less expensive for advertisement.

We are using Microsoft Publisher through Office 365 Business Plans, and got bundled package of Office suite. It is very compatible and easy to use product which any one can use on their work.

Microsoft Publisher review by Alejandra R.
Alejandra R.

"Microsoft Publisher is simple and fast"

What do you like best?

I like Microsoft Publisher because it has a large catalog of templates designed according to the user's needs. Some templates are available with the software and others can be downloaded. It can be menus, brochures, postcards, flyers, even cards for all kinds of occasions. The designs are simple and professional. It is a quick solution, according to any situation. It is very easy to use, does not require special knowledge of graphic design or training for the end user.

What do you dislike?

I think Microsoft Publisher should innovate with new designs according to the new trends in graphic design. It should offer new color combinations and new fonts of letters. For the rest, I consider that there are no other aspects to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Microsoft Publisher to make brochures, offer publications, flyers, quickly and professionally. It has many templates that we can use easily. Also if we need to do the curriculum summary, Microsoft Publisher is perfect. It is a simple, versatile and easy to use tool that can not be missed in the office.

Constantly in the company it is required to make publications to send new offers of our services to the clients. It is necessary to be creative and flashy. And even more the content posted on social networks. One of the simplest, fastest and most elegant ways is to use the Microsoft Publisher templates. We save time in making our own designs for which we would use complicated and expensive software.

Microsoft Publisher review by Juan Jose P.
Juan Jose P.

"Microsoft is always in everything, constantly innovating."

What do you like best?

This is a tool with many advantages, I use it very often, what I like most is that it is useful for every user, and I can get much benefit from the templates it offers, because with this application I can make calendars, brochures , posters, business cards and many other things that are very useful, allows me to save time, because I can achieve what I need in a short time.

What do you dislike?

I have time using it and could not say anything negative, even though it does not have a customer service or any way to contact an operator, this tool is very easy to use, just buy the office package and it is a application that is incorporated without any additional cost.

Office templates has made my life easier, I have managed to create all kinds of documents, posters, calendars and my business cards, to promote my work as a stylist, helping me to make myself known, it is a very easy way to do business cards, thanks to their templates, which have a very updated and versatile format.

Microsoft Publisher review by thaisameg b.
thaisameg b.

"Perfect for quick templates and publications"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this Microsoft tool is that I can make several types of publications in a fast and attractive way, from brochures, invitations, announcements and much more, it helps me to get out of a setback if a job is needed immediately because with its default templates makes the job easier.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it does not have aspects of professional editors, but I could only say that, since it fulfills its function for which it was created very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it extensively to make quick work in a short time and get out of any emergency, you can create many types of publications starting from created templates, the best thing is that it helps you reduce costs in expensive advertising programs.

It helps me solve problems quickly when it is required for example to make a brochure from one day to the next Publisher is excellent for it, it is very easy to handle any user could use it easily, it simplifies the work and processes, it takes you out of trouble , you can create publications from a database, you can add a little more personalized spreadsheets.

Microsoft Publisher review by Edward Michael B.
Edward Michael B.

"It is a very useful tool."

What do you like best?

Publisher is an excellent application with many advantages. It has helped me in my work a lot, because I am a stylist and owner of my business, and thanks to this application I have managed to advertise my Beauty Salon, without having to invest a lot of money in expensive applications, with this application I can do, flyers, business cards and calendars to deliver to my customers, they have very easily thanks to the templates that manages.

What do you dislike?

This application I have used for a long time bringing me very good results, I really could not say anything negative, the work obtained is of the same quality of more expensive sofwares, and this application is incorporated in the Microsoft office paqeute, without any additional cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

publisher is a very useful, low cost and acil operating tool.

I have really had great benefits, I have made known my Beauty Salon, thus increasing my clientele, the presentation cards that I make are excellent, whenever I want I can renew them and select a new format, I have managed to make caledarios very easy this template incorporated, as well as some excellent posters.

Microsoft Publisher review by Keila Nohemi B.
Keila Nohemi B.

" Microsoft Publisher, a program that does not lose validity."

What do you like best?

Publisher is a program that has a simple interface that makes it easy to use, inclusive for people who have no knowledge of the subject in graphic design, is created for the preparation of calendars, brochures, diplomas, newsletters, resumes, signs, information sheets, letterheads, envelopes, business forms, invitations, catalogs, flyers, calendars and announcements in general. The best thing about the program is that thanks to its easy-to-use tools and its ease of use, it can be implemented both by professional designers, as well as by people who do not have a very large specialization in graphic design, since their Templates and tools make it much easier to use.

What do you dislike?

One of the weak points that Publisher has that offers publications that can be considered only of home type and although they are of professional aspect they are often considered as such, because the ease with which the user works this software, prevents in some way that This shows on the sheet what you really want to design, the clearly pre-designed templates are of perhaps classic taste, this is occasionally not so useful because it prevents the user from giving his personal touch and can not be compared with the result of the work of an expert in graphic design that uses programs of a more specialized type, but in spite of this it offers quite satisfactory results to be a program that could be called simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is a very simple management application that has tools such as predesigned templates, or downloadable templates that can be obtained for free on the web, which gives it an indispensable character for organizations today.

Publisher allows the design of brochures, newsletters, and other advertising content that can be printed later or used directly on the web, by the company. Thanks to its easy-to-use tools and its ease of use, it can be used both by professional designers and by people who do not have a very large specialization in graphic design, since their templates and tools greatly facilitate their use, and allows you to solve a number of problems in terms of graphic design and advertising quickly and effectively.

Microsoft Publisher review by Luisa C.
Luisa C.

"My favorite software."

What do you like best?

I like Publisher because it is a very useful and functional application, I use it for many things especially to prepare brochures with recommendations to my clients about the proper way to remove makeup to show a healthy and young skin, flyers about the service that I presto at the Arelys hairdressing salon to attract new clients and, above all, to prepare my business card as a professional make-up artist.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say, Publisher is the best print advertising software I know.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for software that is easy to use and that allows you to produce printed advertising economically and with high quality, you should use PUBLISHER DE MICROSOFT.

Publisher benefits me because it allows me to expand my clientele, because with the flyers, brochures and cards that I create in this application I can attract potential clients and clients can contact me whenever they require my services as a professional make-up artist.

Microsoft Publisher review by Teresa R.
Teresa R.

"Publisher, un programa muy completo y sencillo"

What do you like best?

Publisher va incluido en el paquete office, al ser de Microsoft se conjunta muy bien con el resto de programas del paquete. Lo mejor de Publisher es la sencillez que tiene, tiene un montón de plantillas predefinidas con las que en unos cuantos pasos tienes hecho un diseño,a diferencia de muchos de sus competidores, Publisher se conecta a plantillas en línea de Microsoft Office, las cuales se actualizan regularmente y presentan grandes diseños. Lo bueno es que gente sin ningún conocimiento en diseño gráfico puede hacer un diseño que pase por el de un profesional. Las plantillas que tiene son muy editables respecto a colores. Tiene excelentes herramientas para maquetación y una gran variedad de tipografías.

What do you dislike?

Lo que no me gusta son las limitaciones que tiene, para ciertas cosas hay que recurrir a otros programas más potentes. Que sea tan sencillo te hace echar en falta ciertas herramientas. No te permite importar archivos de PSD de Photoshop o PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si no te quieres complicar la vida para hacer un diseño básico a base plantillas este es tu programa.

En mi trabajo alguna vez nos encargan diseño de tripticos, invitaciones, folletos, pancartas, etc. Lo normal es que recurramos a Photoshop, pero si tenemos poco tiempo tiramos de Publisher que en un momento con las plantillas predefinidas que tiene es muy sencillo hacer este tipo de cosas.

Microsoft Publisher review by Trinidad G.
Trinidad G.

"My own advertising."

What do you like best?

Since I learned how to use Publisher I use it for everything. Elaborate Postcards, greeting cards, leaflets, leaflets, brochures, but especially I use it to make my business cards as a professional stylist and to create calendars that I usually give to my clients as a year-end detail.

What do you dislike?

I do not remember from when I use this application, because there are many years that Publisher has been part of my life and since then I have never had complaints, it is an excellent application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is a very complete, useful and economic software, I recommend it.

Publisher benefits me in both my SOCIAL and LABOR areas.

SOCIAL: when I create postcards and greetings cards for friends and family on special dates in a very easy way.

And in my LABOR area when I make personal business cards and calendars for my clients, that allows my work to be known and that my clients feel that they are important; what helps to continue requesting my services and recommend me to their relatives.

Microsoft Publisher review by Alberto G.
Alberto G.

"Professional business card."

What do you like best?

As an independent accountant I need to carry business cards with me everywhere, to give to each person who is interested in my professional services and when they need to know how to contact me, for this I use Microsoft Publisher, because with this software I create all my business cards myself as if I were a publicity professional.

What do you dislike?

From my point of view I like everything from Publisher, because since I use this software it has not presented any inconvenience, it has always worked correctly and if it were necessary to contribute something negative, I could only say that it requires slightly more updated formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple software, with multiple formats and templates that can be used to publicize your work, your business or any special skill you have, use Publisher, because it is free and works perfectly for that purpose and much more.

Publisher benefits me by saving me expenses in advertising services, because I make my business cards myself, since this application is very easy to use and does not require great knowledge in computer science or advertising.

Microsoft Publisher review by Arelys G.
Arelys G.

"Professional advertising."

What do you like best?

I like this application because it allows me to promote my work as PELUQUERA and my HAIRDRESSING through printed media such as flyers, business cards, leaflets or triptychs which I do very easily thanks to this software.

What do you dislike?

I have a lot of time using this application and since then, I have not had any problem, I think it is easy to use and very useful in the advertising field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for software that allows you to advertise your business, or your small business easily and cheaply, do not hesitate to use Publisher.

The benefits of Publisher for me have been great, because with this software I make my own business cards that I usually give to my clients once I offer the service so that they advertise me what has been very successful and has allowed me to increase my clientele every day more. Publisher also benefits me by saving my money, because I do my advertising myself as a professional without canceling any advertising agency.

Microsoft Publisher review by david k.
david k.

"Very excellent layout and many templates to choose from."

What do you like best?

Very good layout which ensures we use to make the business cards for the employees within the company.

Many tools are available which produce very beautiful cards.

Its part of microsoft office program thus no further expense for publishing tool.

Its ability to convert pdf documents.

What do you dislike?

Its inabilty to convert from version to another and still open the same document is a challenge with microsoft publisher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend users who use computer daily to use the tool because it part of the microsoft office program thus to take advantage of it.It has a good layout and many templates to take advantage of in creating the business cards for the employee and promoting business.

The cost effective since we dont need to buy another tool for creating the business cards for the employees within the company.

Very excellent cards which are beautiful with company logos.The templates are available which are many and does not need to edit much.

Microsoft Publisher review by JHONNY RAFAEL T.
JHONNY RAFAEL T.

"My quick and simple publications."

What do you like best?

What I like most is that it allows me to make different types of publications such as brochures, calendars, labels, newsletters, signs among many other things, everything I can do quickly and easily, which allows me to save time at work.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it should have more professional aspects and better publication editors, which does not allow for comparison with the result of an expert in graphic design, it is used very well to do simple but not very professional work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If what you need is for your employees to do quick work in less time this application is the best application, Help create, personalize and easily share a wide variety of publications and marketing material which helps you to publicize the company and thus increase The profits of the company, the best thing is that it is one that comes in the Microsoft package.

It allows me to do work in quick and simple ways which facilitates and reduces work time, it is very easy and simple to manage, it allows you to simplify the process of creating publications with Office Publisher tasks, the interface is very easy and any you can use it.

Microsoft Publisher review by Lorenys F.
Lorenys F.

"excellent publication application. "

What do you like best?

is an excellent editing application that allows me to create professional-looking publications with many visual details. I can easily prepare calendars, brochures, newsletters, menabatos, among others.

I use a lot of editor in my work to create bulletins and brochures that allude to the activities to train workers. I can do this from a blank template or using templates installed or downloadable from the web to facilitate the editing process, I can print, share on the web or send by email.

What do you dislike?

the program takes up a lot because it's so simple, it's not as professional in graphic design compared to other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for people who are starting in the design since it is a simple program to manage and that every computer offers to create personalized publications with high quality.

In general, Publisher provides users with a multitude of platform types and easier control for the design of the pages.

It is very common and very useful for beginners, it does not necessarily require you to be a design professional, it helps to personalize the publications, make pfessional brochures that generate an impact.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jane J.
Jane J.

"Microsoft publisher powerful tool and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher helps me create outstanding graphics with powerful but easy to learn tools. The integral features can be accessed through a simple interface.

You have options for bulk or batch actions to reduce the time spent on self-publishing tasks. Images can also be exchanged and enhanced using a variety of special effects.

Since Publisher is offered in the Microsoft Office Professional package, it integrates seamlessly with other applications of the IT giant.

Images can be imported and exchanged from one side to another by a simple drag and drop motion, which means that one can experiment with different images without having to take too much time. Photos from Facebook and Flickr albums can also be copied directly to a Publisher file using a quick integrated search. With the program's built-in advanced effects for texts, photos and shapes, even novice users can generate professional-looking designs.

I do not need to worry about saving and sharing files. The documents of the editor are automatically saved in the cloud. Teams can also collaborate on multiple files easily with simple attributes to share.

Also with Publisher, pages can be saved in common image formats, such as JPEG. This means that publications or photo albums can be printed much faster compared to the types of complicated files that can only be opened and printed with limited programs.

What do you dislike?

I have more than 5 years using this great tool that is publisher and until now I have no complaints about its operation, it is excellent, easy and fulfills its function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to design any type of brochure or document, this tool is easy to use, even for those who have no experience. You can save documents such as JPEG, PDF or other versions and then print or publish online. I have used Publisher for years and I am happy with my experience.

Publisher is ideal for work because I can create newsletters, office posters, depression cards, postcards along with a lot of other useful projects. There are many templates that give you project ready to use.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jonatan Jose A.
Jonatan Jose A.

"excellent program that has helped me a lot."

What do you like best?

is an excellent program, thanks to microsoft we can be part of these great advantages, it allows me to do countless tasks such as: create calendars, brochures, diplomas, newsletters, curriculum, royulos, newsletters, letterheads, envelopes, invitations, catalagos, flyers, almanacs , among others, really this application can not be missing on any computer.

What do you dislike?

is essential, the only thing I could mention is that it does not have a guided tour, that is to say that all the functions you should learn with practice and not with any operator that can guide you, but the truth is not a counter as such, and which is so easy to use that it is not needed. there you can see the models of each creation that you want and you are only replacing the data.

It has helped us when making the work schedule, or brochures for the public, it is very good, thanks to its templates.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jhonny Alberto M.
Jhonny Alberto M.

" Microsoft Publisher: The ideal program for executives without much knowledge about graphic design."

What do you like best?

I can highlight many positive things about Microsoft Publisher, one of them is undoubtedly its simple and quite intuitive interface, it really is a program that does not have to envy any aspect of more advanced graphic design programs, the simple design of its interface allows even people who do not have solid knowledge about the subject of graphic design to develop a large number of high level publications such as business cards, calendars, brochures, diplomas, newsletters, resumes, posters, fact sheets, letterheads, envelopes, business forms, invitations, catalogs, brochures, calendars up to advertisements in general.

Microsoft Publisher has a series of tools that are very easy to use and it is characterized by being very intuitive allowing any professional or employee who does not have a great specialization in graphic design to develop exceptional works, one of the things that are worth highlighting of the program is its large number of templates designed by default bread basket that greatly facilitate the work.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft Publisher is not a program that has many disadvantages but among these we find that the publications designed with the program are often considered to be home-made and unprofessional, although these may seem professional in appearance they are very often not considered as such, because the ease with which any type of user works with this software makes it a target of contempt on the part of professional designers, in addition to the fact that the predesigned templates are of a simple type and not very impacting, aspect that prevents the user from being able to give a touch say staff preventing comparisons with the result of the work of a graphic design expert who uses a more professional type programs, but despite all this is a program that offers very satisfactory results although some call it "simple".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Publisher is a program that I recommend with closed eyes to professionals of all branches not only as an entry program in the field of graphic design, but as an important ally that allows to produce high level publications easily.

I can attest that thanks to Microsoft Publisher I have solved a lot of inconveniences in my work, thanks to the program I have been able to elaborate from brochures, newsletters, letters, business cards and other advertising contents to use at the moment or store to be used later.

Thanks to its simple interface, it can be used both by professional designers and by people who do not have a solid knowledge in graphic design as it is my case, without a doubt its predesigned templates and other tools greatly facilitate the work I do and I they allow the development of high-level publications and works.

Microsoft Publisher review by Victor L.
Victor L.

" I love this tool to make informative brochures!"

What do you like best?

When I needed to make a brochure or just a presentation of something specific I use this tool because it helps me in a very easy and simple way to get the results I'm looking for, I love the templates they have, the menu of options is very nice and easy to understand, really managing this program does not require a degree of prior knowledge and that is very positive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it has been a bit annoying to have so few templates to do my work, and the colors of these in many cases I do not like them and I have to edit them and that takes time to finish with my goals, in such a I would recommend the constant update of the templates since in this way I would save a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is ideal to make informative material about a topic of particular interest or for our organization, in an easy and very simple way we can obtain it using this tool that has a very nice and complete options menu.

When we need to do something quick and quality like for example informative brochures or presentations we use this tool because it is very simple we simply take the information from other files and proceed to place it in the predesigned templates of this application, this has been extraordinary and very beneficial since at a low cost we get good results.

Microsoft Publisher review by Fanny A.
Fanny A.

"Microsoft Publisher, the program that every designer and publicist must have"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher is a program that provides a simple history of editing. It is designed to provide flexible and accurate page design, with the added benefits of design assistance and automation. Help create, personalize and easily share a wide variety of publications and marketing materials. It includes a variety of templates, installed and downloadable from your website, to facilitate the design and editing process.

Publisher also has tools and features that help you effectively create, customize and reuse a wide variety of communications materials tailored to your specific marketing needs.

What do you dislike?

Although Microsoft Publisher is an excellent program for design, it also has some things that may not allow you to explore this program as it should, they are; It has no rapport with other market programs, it is not professional, and it can not be compared to the result of the work of a graphic design expert who uses programs such as Photoshop and Corel ... but it is quite good for the common user and it takes a lot of time to be such a simple program.

These are some disadvantages that some people may have, but it is a good program to start designing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is an application that has tools with predesigned templates or downloadable templates that are easy to use and indispensable for organizations today.

Microsoft Publisher allows us to make letterhead, brochures, newsletters, forms and other advertising content that can be printed later or placed directly on the website. Thanks to its simple tools to use and practical use makes it can be used by both professional designers and people who do not have extensive knowledge in the area of graphic design and this allows solving problems of graphic design and advertising in an effective and simple way

Microsoft Publisher review by Iriusva M.
Iriusva M.

"Design and create publications in a simple, fast and professional way"

What do you like best?

This program is very useful when we want to design cards, diplomas, triptychs, leaflets, curricula, calendars, envelopes, newsletters, invitations, bookmarks and many other documents. I like it because it is simple and easy to use, it does not require deep knowledge to use it, so creating a presentation in Publisher can be a quick and satisfying experience for any user with basic knowledge of office. Personally I use it and I recommend it to my students. I also like the default design templates and others that can be downloaded online, although it can be used comfortably without an internet connection. Because it is a Microsoft program, the menu options are similar to those of Word, which provides a comfortable working environment. Another positive aspect is that the presentations can be saved in PDF format, which protects their edition and provides better print quality. In my professional and personal practice I find an economic and functional program.

What do you dislike?

It is a basic design program, although it allows to create presentations with professional appearance, it is not specialized graphic design. The templates are classic and does not allow creating effects such as those that can be done with Photoshop.However, it is a quite accepted and useful software for those who want quick and simple publications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to design cards, newsletters, invitations, diplomas and advertising with the use of your own resources and knowledge, I invite you to try Microsoft Publisher, it is a support tool where you can create all these presentations in record time and with professional quality.

This program is of great benefit, especially for people who are not graphic design professionals, since their predetermined templates make it much easier to use. My students love it and we have used it to develop different educational activities. From my academic coordination, we use it to make simple publicity of scientific events, invitations, business cards, diplomas, certificates, and other documents of interest, which turns into savings of time, money and better use of available resources. It is an economical and functional option for institutions that have a low budget.

Microsoft Publisher review by Carmen A.
Carmen A.

" It is a very useful tool to make support material!"

What do you like best?

What I like most about this program is that I can get templates to match what I need and it helps me to do the job with ease, it has a wide range of templates which are adapted to my requirements in an appropriate way, besides the use is very easy no previous knowledge is required, I love this tool because it is very useful for my job.

I really like to use this program because it is so easy and simple that it is also the final product that I get is of quality!

What do you dislike?

What displeases me most is that they almost always keep the same templates and I must edit them in some occasions, their updates are not constant and that makes my elaboration of diptychs often look the same, however I try to make the most of this tool which It is very valuable when preparing informative material.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They will constantly update the templates they currently have and also could add new ones.

the rest everything else is excellent is a tool that can be very useful and knowing how to use it is very useful in our work environment, in my case it helps me a lot when preparing informative material easily and simply, the final product What I always get is quality.

For me this tool is important because it has facilitated in some cases the development of information material in the case of my work, with this tool I have prepared presentations, brochures, among others.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jesus Alexander G.
Jesus Alexander G.

"An old acquaintance in the field of graphic design."

What do you like best?

The best thing about this program is its simple and clean interface, but you do not have to envy any more advanced graphic design program, the simple design of its interface allows even employees who are not familiar with the subject of graphic design develop all kinds of publications ranging from calendars, brochures, diplomas, newsletters, resumes, posters, information sheets, letterheads, envelopes, business forms, invitations, catalogs, brochures, calendars to announcements in general.

The program provides easy-to-use tools and is characterized by being very intuitive and can also be used by professional designers as well as by any professional or employee who does not have a great specialization in graphic design, since it has a large number of predesigned templates that greatly facilitate the work.

What do you dislike?

One of the weaknesses of the program is that, despite being simple, it can occupy a much larger space than other more advanced programs, it also has little or no migration of documents to some of the most current design programs, without a doubt, is something that should improve the program's shareability, in spite of these little things I have no major complaints about this program because I use it daily in my work and I really consider it a fixed in my job and Its advantages greatly exceed its shortcomings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the Microsoft Publisher with closed eyes not only as an entry program in the field of graphic design but as an ally of great value for the development of all the activities of the company.

I can attest that thanks to Microsoft Publisher I have solved a great number of inconveniences at work, the program has allowed me to design brochures, newsletters and other advertising content that can be printed later or used directly on the web, on my own . Thanks to its simple interface and easy-to-use tools, it can be used by professional designers as well as by people who do not have solid knowledge in graphic design, as it is my case, its templates and tools greatly facilitate its use and allow to develop high level jobs.

Microsoft Publisher review by Maiky Yelitze Z.
Maiky Yelitze Z.

" Microsoft Publisher, Ideal for the creation of didactic material."

What do you like best?

The best thing about the program is its simple interface, which allows even people who do not have knowledge of the subject in graphic design as professors to elaborate teaching tools such as calendars, brochures, diplomas, newsletters, resumes, posters, worksheets. information, letterheads, envelopes, forms, invitations, catalogs, brochures, calendars and announcements in general that allow students to get attention in a more efficient way thus improving the entire educational process. The program has a wide range of easy-to-use tools and can be implemented by both teachers and students, an aspect that greatly enriches the entire learning process. It is the perfect program for teachers and educators who do not have a great specialization in graphic design, since its templates and tools make it much easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The weakest point of this program is that it is often considered simple by people with knowledge in design, although the publications made in the professional-looking child are often considered boring and repetitive, due to the ease use of templates for which you can often use on the sheet, what can really be designed, these same things are very easy to use can use your personal touch and can not be compared to the result of the work of a graphic design expert that uses programs of a more specialized type, but in spite of this it can have a quite competent content for the development of the didactic material of good quality that allows to improve the whole learning process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program has a simple interface that brings many benefits to teachers including the possibility of making attractive publications, in addition to having great tools such as predesigned templates or those that can be downloaded that can be obtained for free on the web.

it is without a doubt an incredible program that offers all the people the opportunity to achieve the design of brochures, newsletters and other advertising content that the company can print later or directly on the web. Thanks to its easy-to-use tools and its ease of use, it can be used by teachers who do not have specific or professional knowledge in graphic design, in addition to the series of templates and tools that the program provides to strengthen the learning process and acquisition of knowledge by students.

Microsoft Publisher review by Amny N.
Amny N.

" a design program, for users who do not have a very broad knowledge of graphic design, so it is easy"

What do you like best?

The professional marketing and sales material can help a small business to promote its business, keep in touch with its customers and get new ones, and build a solid and professional business identity. But entrusting other companies with these products is expensive and time consuming, and manufacturing them with a word processor or any other program without design guides or customization options can project an unprofessional image.,Publisher is easy to learn to manage, and can help entrepreneurs, managers and workers to create and publish professional quality marketing and sales materials for commercial printing, e-mail or Internet publishing, and all from the family environment of Office,Simply use Word, Microsoft PowerPoint or other Office programs beforehand so that users can quickly learn how to work with Publisher and use the appropriate Office tool for each task,Simply use Word, Microsoft PowerPoint or other Office programs beforehand so that users can quickly learn how to work with Publisher and use the appropriate Office tool for each task

Save time when you use your work again,Create personalized publications from a database.

What do you dislike?

Competency with other market programs. It is not professional, and can not be compared to the result of the work of a graphic design expert who uses programs such as Photoshop and Corel ... but it is quite good for the common user. It takes up a lot of space on the hard drive to be such a simple program

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its main function is to create designs for advertising and propaganda. For this reason, it is used by a great variety of companies (both large and medium companies, as well as micro companies), for the design of its various advertising campaigns. Therefore as users we must have clear ideas when working with the program

I have benefited using the design of brochures, newsletters, and other advertising content that can be printed later or used directly on the web, by myself. Thanks to its easy-to-use tools and its ease of use, it can be used both by professional designers and by people who do not have a very large specialization in graphic design, since their templates and tools greatly facilitate their use. It has been useful for carrying out various school activities, from some simple designs for primary, to more advanced and specialized designs, for use at higher levels, especially in fields such as journalistic, advertising, commercial education, etc

Microsoft Publisher review by Eliseo D.
Eliseo D.

"Microsoft Publisher helps create, customize a wide variety of publications and marketing materials."

What do you like best?

I love its ease when converting formats into different types of files as could be in PDF or XPS without any problem saves me large amounts of time at the time of some work from my home or office with the variety of templates that this has and ways to make types of cards, brochures, brochure and invitations ect. A wide customizable dashboard within the software that helps to be simpler and easier to use.

What do you dislike?

One of its drawbacks is that being an easy to use program and something simple occupies more space than desired, and little union between some more current programs of design for a better programming at the time of joining the work within the same software in concluding are few Things I do not like about this program because I use it daily in my work and does not generate major problem and is very easy and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would love to recommend it as it takes a good path at the time of each update and improves much more this software coming from 1991 to its latest version of 2015 giving a breakthrough in each of them

Mainly the varieties of designs within Microsoft Publisher and the great help in writing as is also the palette of colors quite extensive at the time of including our designs and details of graphics in the program, also the focus on the market of small businesses which start from small projects to large and complex projects.

Microsoft Publisher review by Flavio S.
Flavio S.

"Microsoft Publisher is great for quick and easy typography projects"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher is great for quick and easy typography projects, it offers you a lot of templates for every need you have. This is what I like most, the fact the it always have a ready to print template that in minutes can became customized following my needs. This thanks to the interface intuitive and fast and thanks to the many tools avaible.

What do you dislike?

What I really can't understand is how it's possible that Microsoft Publisher still have a poor graphic designs area. Can be helpfull to modify a picture and a logo inside the software, without the needs to use multiple software for the same graphic project. This is one of the big and common missing in the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Despite the appearence Microsoft Publisher is second to none when talking about fast designing and printing. I really reccomend you to use it.

Microsoft Publisher is what save me every time I don't have the time or budget to hire a graphic design for small office projects. It allows me to create and print professional lookings graphics within minutes and without leaving our studio. I use it a lot to build up brochures and little flyers. Time saving and money saving.

Microsoft Publisher review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"This is a very good and simple tool to design flyers or brochures."

What do you like best?

Publisher is quite simple to use.

It allows you to accurately measure the dimensions of the brochures you design.

This tool provides you with several perloaded templates to serve as a starting point for your work.

You can make many different types of information brochures, from invitations to flyers.

What do you dislike?

Although it fulfills its purpose, it is not a very updated and creative tool.

Their templates are quite simple and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is an application that can be used by any user without much knowledge of it. This application will allow you to make many types of informational support materials in a simple way.

Make many types of information brochures that serve to complement exhibitions and many other things. You can make the brochures very fast with this application.

Microsoft Publisher review by Taylor C.
Taylor C.

"Solid Page Layout Software"

What do you like best?

Simple interface that's extremely clean, when compared to InDesign or similar pro-level tools. There are lots of tutorials from other users online (Youtube, etc), great time-tested design that hasn't really changed in years. Overall the software is stable and works very well.

What do you dislike?

Can occasionally crash and be a bit buggy. Microsoft seems dead-set on pushing everyone to their cloud-based/subscription service. Annoying advertising for that and constant pushing in that direction. Just purchasing the one-time license alone is a test in patience. I would recommend purchasing from a reseller, as that seems to be the absolute easiest way, as opposed to purchasing it through MS directly. You can often save money going around them as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Publisher is a great tool that definitely is easier to use (and cheaper) than InDesign or similar Pro-Level software. I would say try it out before buying to make sure it will do what you need it to do. My biggest complaint is how Microsoft as a company tries to push Microsoft Office 365 as a subscription product so hard, as opposed to letting people easily (without jumping through 10,000,000 steps and windows) purchase the product outright. I think overall Publisher is best for smaller-house style clients, so keep that in mind as well.

I have used it to design flyers and items of this sort. Much easier than using Word (on the simple extreme) or InDesign (on the more complex side).

Microsoft Publisher review by Cailee Anne V.
Cailee Anne V.

"Using MS Publisher for simple promotional materials"

What do you like best?

overall needs to be updated, but it is perfect for a simple job in publishing such as a basic flyer, program or brochure for an event. I used publisher most recently to create a program and flyers for a conference at the college where i work and it was very easy to do so.

What do you dislike?

There are newer, similar software out there that offer more modern features. If ms publisher adopted some of these features, it would better be able to compete with the competition. Some fonts are outdated, templates are outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking for premade templates that are up to date, this program is not the best. it works best for providing a basic lay out and then you can add your own creative flare to it.

creating promotional materials/marketing materials for events. I have used this program to create flyers, invitations, programs and brochures.

Microsoft Publisher review by Paula M.
Paula M.

"Like an old friend!"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Publisher and I go way back to when it first became popular before the Adobe suite of products. I have used it for various projects and what I like most is that it is great for a person starting out with desktop publishing. The templates are built right in, so if you don't know where to start, Publisher gives you a boost.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations in using MS Publisher with regards to how creative you can get with editing. You usually have to stick with their parameters when it comes to doing advanced level publishing tasks. It is only compatible with other MS products, so there is no crossover with Adobe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for beginning and novice desktop publisher tasks! You will find it user friendly with lots of built in features to make your job easier.

Ease of use makes my process much quicker and I can get a project done in less time. This increases my bottom line.

Microsoft Publisher review by rosa m.
rosa m.

""The best editor you can buy""

What do you like best?

Personally Microsoft Publisher tool allows you to make templates for small businesses, is an easy to use, advanced editor that fits your needs which allows you among many things the realization of pamphlets, advertising, sheets of life, among others. Facilitating the entrepreneurship of small businesses, to obtain better income and benefits by letting you know. Also I can emphasize that being a Microsoft tool and having knowledge of other tools such as Word or Power Point the use of Microsoft Publisher is not going to be so difficult because it has the same creation format.

What do you dislike?

Despite being a good editing tool, it has certain weaknesses that when used can delay the editing process a bit like not admitting other market programs as a link, the editing can be very basic compared to other programs like PhotoShop. However for someone who is in full growth, is a very good editor. In addition, to be so simple is an editor that takes up a lot of space being this counterproductive when storing information or creating documents from devices with reduced RAM storage making it impossible to work fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Acquire the editing tool and simplify its functions giving better results to larger and smaller companies.

As business growth the use of this tool has allowed me to streamline the processes of knowledge of it since it has helped me to create talkers, pamphlets, brochures with relevant information to make a company known, undoubtedly it is a tool that simplifies the creation of documents that benefit a company.

Microsoft Publisher review by Joshua H.
Joshua H.

"Great solution for quick publication creation! "

What do you like best?

Publisher is great because it's a quick and accessible way to create and export publications quickly and easily. I love how Publisher has the elements I've come to know and love of the other Microsoft Office applications. It makes for a nice workflow when switching between apps. Publisher also has many preset options and templates to create 100s of different types of documents.

What do you dislike?

There are a few sections within Publisher that work a little differently than expected. Sometimes there are things I would like to accomplish such as adding a frame to a photo that take a couple of steps more than they should to achieve. I have also come across of few elements that work in one Office program but work differently within Publisher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to Publisher but are familiar with the other Microsoft Office applications, this should be an easy transition for you as it functions very similarly to the other programs. However, make sure you take the time to review all of the features Publisher has to offer. It is much more robust than PowerPoint or Word and will allow you to create great, professional-looking publications.

Microsoft Publisher has given me the opportunity to make great-looking Publications for the promotional efforts I am part of at our company. I'm able to create invitations, posters and more for our events. It's great being able to access templates that give me an easy way to create what I would have to start from scratch on otherwise.

Microsoft Publisher review by Avery L.
Avery L.

"Could Use an Update to Match this Decade"

What do you like best?

Useful for converting design sizes to send to printers, can edit templates with ease, can use as a drafting board for more details later, part of the Microsoft family and accessible for most people to use for collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Its archaic toolbars and setup make it hard to do anything more than your traditional textbox add-ons and image drops. Sometimes even that is a difficult task to manage. It is not mergeable with today's programs so once you are in Publisher, you are basically stuck in Publisher. Sometimes my boss can't open the .pub file because he does not have the program, and that makes it a pain to have to convert it to pdf, but with that, you can no longer edit the file unless you convert it back to .pub. I've researched other newsletter program creators and there seems to be better ones on the market for a lower price.

We use Publisher primarily for our biweekly newsletters for formatting and sometimes to convert a PDF size to an accurate print size before our professional printers will accept it. One benefit is its consistency with creating templates for your design though it is not very user-friendly for beginners.

Microsoft Publisher review by Sabrina M.
Sabrina M.

"Microsoft Publisher can be a good and inexpensive tool for your marketing"

What do you like best?

I think that Microsoft Publisher can be a good tool in marketing. Since it comes with the Microsoft Office package it can be an inexpensive tool for your arsenal. I love the fact that you can set logo and company infos once and later set it for every project you do in it. Publisher provides you a lot of useful templates that you can easily customize following your needs. The interface is simple and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Since the files that comes from Publisher have some problems of compatibility between different versions of the software, and that few people use it, it's good for small project at home or office as I use, where you can print all the thing without sending out the files. ALso if you save the files in pdf you have to carefully check that everything is fine and correctly converted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Publisher is not the best software to design things for your business, this is clear. But it can be a good tool for small project that you can design and print on the fly at office. Can give professional look to your designs. Probably you already have it installed on your pc. Give it a chance, you will find it useful.

I use Micosoft Publisher for small project at office, as little invitations or cards to send out to clients. I also use Publisher to design small poster to print and hang in office.

Microsoft Publisher review by Ben P.
Ben P.

"Does Alright, But Could Improve"

What do you like best?

The pre-built templates make this an easy program to dive right in and use! I enjoy how simple it is to do basic photo cropping to place it where ever you would like within your project! The fact that this does not "snap" you to the margins is very nice for those of us working on building a brochure or flyer!

What do you dislike?

The templates' style is way outdated. They seriously need to improve their design in order to make themselves a competitor to Canva and other free programs! This is one of the greatest downfalls of Publisher. I would also like to see their basic photo editing functions be amped up to actually be useable for making very nice looking projects! It's sad to have a program with such power be limited by it's own design hold ups!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a basic publications creator, this will definitely meet your needs! If you are into graphic design, or are wanting to really improve your presence through a social media add campaign, this is not the greatest program. Publisher will always be gaining improvements, but it is hard to say when, and what they will update. Microsoft is a good company, but be wary of just buying into the name. There are better programs out there for design and publication!

We have used publisher for many brochures, flyers, handouts, directories, business cards, and much more! It does have the capabilities to handle a lot of function!

Microsoft Publisher review by Alisson S.
Alisson S.

"Love Publisher, probably more than a designer should"

What do you like best?

I am not a formally trained or educated graphic designer so when I was teaching myself, I used what I had available and that was Microsoft Publisher. It has so many more features and capabilities then people realize and you truly can design anything in the program with a little bit of time and know-how.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the file format that designs are saved in (as Publisher) as fonts and certain graphics don't translate well when sent to another computer. Whereas if you save them as a PDF everything shows up on the receiving end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! A lot of designers recommend high end, fancy software to create designs but I have more than succeeded with Publisher. While the photo editing leaves something to be desired, you're able to create beautiful pieces of stationery and prints.

I design all of my stationery in Publisher. I'm able to quick and efficiently create beautiful wedding stationery and marketing materials.

Microsoft Publisher review by JaNae P.
JaNae P.

"A Great Program For Design"

What do you like best?

The ability to do many different things in this program makes in one of the best "all-in-one" programs out there. From documents to brochures, posters, mailing labels, books, resumes, cards, invites, and much, much more, Publisher offers a ton of great templates and features to get the job done. Their graphic elements with shapes are a nice feature. Their photo editing pieces are nice, simple, and straight forward.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would open up their photo editing side a bit more. It would make this program absolutely unbeatable if they gave you even half the editing abilities of a Photoshop type application. I would like to see the functionality move a bit from print, into more of the digital world. They have made this program for printed works, which is needed, and nice, but they do not have the options set up very well for someone to design a great advertising piece for social media.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a huge step up from trying to build publications inside of Microsoft Word. It still has the same user interface as all the other Microsoft programs, making it a simple one for many people to learn. There is more that can be done with this program than most people realize, and it is well worth checking out, as I am fairly sure you will find that it is a suitable solution for your needs.

In house advertisements through brochures, posters, flyers, and cards are all made and printed through Publisher. We also build a printable database for our members to have, and publisher is unbeatable when it comes to the freedom needed to move things around without spacing issues.

Microsoft Publisher review by mayra c.
mayra c.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

everything! i love having a program that allows me to do multiple things! such as labels, business cards, invitations, or just anything you might want to created! we use it for our purchase others been able to have multiple pages. we use it alot for printing labels and thank you cards.

What do you dislike?

its wasn't so easy to understand at first, i though it was like any other program! but ones i really got into it and started playing with it and seen what i could do and different templates that it had available for me to use! i started to love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

when you start working with publisher dont give up! it might be hard at first to understand everything and how you can use it but there are a lot of videos out there that tell you how to use it at 100 percent! so go and give it a try you have nothing to loose!

our purchase order! we tried other programs were to manage them but publisher has made our life so much easier with it templates

Microsoft Publisher review by James A.
James A.

"Great software for a novice user that needs a business card"

What do you like best?

I love publisher software as it is Microsoft and I love the interaction that microsoft software provides for users. I like publisher for designing simple cards or business cards, even stationary that I can print on my home computer. I also love the ease of use with this software and how it works seamlessly with other microsoft products. I use Publisher when I need to design a business card and print it on my home pc for example. This software helps those that need a simple way to produce results in a program that is user friendly and supportive. The cost is not high either and this software comes with the Office 365 subscription deals that are on. You can also save your work on the One Drive to be able to use or work from another device.

What do you dislike?

I find certain menus in publisher very simple to use and I believe that microsoft should use some of the Adobe ideas like effects and menu organisation to help deliver a more robust program for users who look to design more complex layouts. The menu system in publisher is not able to offer many feature to do with typography and fonts as well as working with 8images and editing them before placing them into the layout schematic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use publisher for producing your own cards or personal stationary to be printed on your home printer and for basic layout designs.

Publisher helps businesses to have an easy method of publishing designs on their computers.

Microsoft Publisher review by Gianluca O.
Gianluca O.

"Professional pubblications in Publisher, fast and easy"

What do you like best?

When you have no time and you have to quickly design something to print, my to go software is Microsoft Publisher. With no difficulties I can design covers for my projects, flyers and invitations. You can access to hundreds of free templates that you can use and customize for your needs. The interface is really simple and all the tools are well organized.

What do you dislike?

There are no really important problems with Microsoft Publisher. It would be great if the image modifications tools were more incisive and powerful, since there are limited action that you can do to an image that you would use in your project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not have skills in design and graphic you have to try publisher. It can be used efficiently and effectively to create your marketing material or rapresentative material. You have hundreds of templates that you can use, just try it and see if Microsoft Publisher meets your needs.

I use it when I've to design something on the go. I love the templates that help me to have a professional document in minutes thanks to the quick and easy customization.

I use it for the daily program cover, for flyers that we need on a project or for inside meeting invitations.

Microsoft Publisher review by Benjamin P.
Benjamin P.

"A Great Solution!"

What do you like best?

The ability to use pre-built templates to complete tasks quickly and professionally. Publisher is a great product for making brochures, posters, labels, and regular documents. I have personally used it many times for very complex advertising pieces, as well as simple photo cropping tasks!

What do you dislike?

The templates could use regular updates, as well as the ability to really edit photos well to use within the program. There are solutions for this available outside the program, but a simple set of options above what they currently have would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that this is not a full suite, but part of the microsoft office set of programs! They have solutions available with all of their programs to help meet the needs lacking in this one. If you are looking for something easier to create quality material in, Publisher is a good solution! You will have great support from one the biggest companies out there, and they are consistntley updating their programs to help their customers meet their needs. It is a nice thing to have a company that will look into all sorts of device integration as well, because of the "tablet world" we live in now.

Advertising is a large part of what we do with publisher. We build our brochures and posters in this program often. It is a user friendly program with many file formats available to save as, making it more versatile than people would originally assume!

Microsoft Publisher review by Andrea R.
Andrea R.

"A good graphic design for quick and no-fancy projects."

What do you like best?

Thanks to uncle Microsoft we can find Microsoft Publisher included in the Microsoft Office package. It have powerful typigraphy tools and an exaustive layout library. You can use it in almost every graphic project in wich you don't need high ratings graphics. It's quick to learn and simple to use and complete your projects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the final file that comes from Microsoft Publisher is really huge, and you have to deal with that. It doesn't have great graphic tools as you can find in other specific platforms (as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop). You can't handle in a good way vector files for example... and it gives you no features about the printing step. Also you can't import PDFs or Adobe Photoshop PSDs files... this is a limitation if you work with other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsof Publisher is one of the common software on pcs... Probably you have it installed right now on your pc. It is, thanks to his intuitive designing, one of the simplest tools that you can use for your projects. You can even implement it's lack (the specific designing tools) if you already use othe software (such as Adobe Photoshop) in wich you can create you graphic and set the typographic style in Microsof Publisher.

I use it to create and set long text documents, working on the typography aspect. This helps me a lot since it is well integrated with Word and Excel, that I both use in the creation of my documents and presentations for the clients.

Microsoft Publisher review by Tiffany B.
Tiffany B.

"Recommended for casual users"

What do you like best?

I think it's fairly simple to use and I often am able to recommend it to people that wouldn't otherwise be able to design their own simple pamphlets and newsletters. Most of this is because the template selection is great albeit fairly simple. It integrates really well with other Microsoft products.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't do anything with Adobe well. Since a lot of business offices are using Adobe PDF's this can be problematic. While you can save it to PDF it's not easily editable so it would be better to just use Adobe to being with and In-Design offers way more flexible options so you can virtually do anything you can dream up design wise. BUT the learning curve isn't as sharp for Publisher.

I can recommend it to people that I would otherwise have to do all of their design and they can pretty much figure it out on their own enough to produce something acceptable. The integration with Microsoft products is nice because it is easy and our business uses the Office Suite as it's primary program for everything.

Microsoft Publisher review by Murry S.
Murry S.

"Highly Useful Desktop Publishing App that Most of Us Already Have"

What do you like best?

The top feature for me is color management. After I selected a template for a brochure, an imported graphic had the right content but colors that clashed with the theme. One click is all it took to re-color the graphic to match the theme. Wow.

I also like the toolbar. It offers all the expected controls for fonts, art and editing.

What do you dislike?

I used to hate Publisher. That was years ago. A valued client forced me to use it so that I could deliver the object files (.pub) to client employees, who would then be able to tweak content on their own. In the early going, Publisher was a second rate desktop publishing platform, hard to handle with a mouse and quirky about nearly everything. That was then. Publisher has grown up and the bugs are gone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve but it's not too steep. Play play play and you'll soon master the program. Publisher runs smoothly and produces excellent PDF files for printing. HTML files are also adequate for standard browsers, but I'm unsure about mobile platforms. You'll want to do a Google search for Publisher users who can comment on mobile output.

Easy theme selection from literally hundreds of flexible offerings for virtually any kind of project destined for screen or paper. This speeds the work when you don't have to first design a theme.

The benefit is speed. And, with screen-share programs, you can walk clients through visual options, arriving at design decisions with little wrangling and no need to submit comps.

Microsoft Publisher review by Tina Y.
Tina Y.

"Great for marketing beginners!"

What do you like best?

This is a very easy program to use! I love that the first screen that opens is directly giving you options for templates to use so you can get right to personalizing. There are also blank paper option and different sizes or categories of items that can be made, i.e. cards, posters, address labels, etc. There is a function called Online pictures that you can use to search for a photo and it will insert it directly into your project. Ease of use.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations to the templates: you cannot change some of the color choices, for items that are already embedded in the project. There is a limited selection of WordArt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for beginners. Great for those who are not graphically trained to create on programs such as Photoshop or Illustrator.

This is a great program that helps me to create a flyer for an event in an instant. If I choose to take my time to create an advertisement or a marketing flyer, I can do so with ease. I can easily add pictures and logo to the project that I am working on. I am able to create binder covers, calendars for events, create funny photos with sayings to amuse my co-workers, etc. This is really very similar to Word but with the ability to add pictures and add a little more creativity to your projects.

Microsoft Publisher review by Meredith S.
Meredith S.

"Seemingly Outdated but Easy to Use Software"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of access of templates. I often have to create business cards, newsletters, and flyers for my nonprofit organization. Already having designed templates to plug in my own text makes my job so much easier when I'm in a time crunch.

What do you dislike?

Many of the features seem to be outdated for where our organization is headed. Trying to find modern looking layouts can be quite a challenge. It's a bit more time consuming than other programs because I have to spend more time creating better layouts than what they provide. For example, when I'm trying to create a newsletter, a lot of the templates available seem to be out of date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Publisher has many templates and fonts, make sure to use your own creativity to make it your own! The layouts are nice for beginners to get started but you'll need to learn how to use the program in order to make something unique to your organization or company. There are many different programs that will more easily plug in exactly what you want without as much of the effort but if you become a Publisher pro, there's no reason why you would need to use any other programs in order to create exactly what you want. It just takes a bit more time to get there!

I can open the program and use my own images and text to create flyers, business cards, and newsletters to quickly print for a mass audience.

Microsoft Publisher review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"Professional-looking publications"

What do you like best?

The best features about Microsoft Publisher are its vertical/horizontal rulers and grid lines. These features aid you spacially when developing and perfecting a layout for your project, as well as making sure symmetry is achieved throughout.

What do you dislike?

The one downside to Microsoft Publisher is that you need to pay attention to your text boxes. I have found that while I make edits to the layout, sometimes my text gets cut off and not all of the words appear as typed. Make sure to always double check your text doesn't get cut off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend creating fake trial runs prior to using this product for a real project, just to get comfortable with all of its features and get to know everything it is capable of doing. Also, with certain layouts, it is necessary to have a certain number of pages associated with it. This can be frustrating at times since the program doesn't necessarily tell the user this is the case until the end.

I needed a professional software program to develop a professional cover to publications being written. Something that really grabbed the attention of my readers, as well as illustrate the main topic that would be discussed.

Learning about Microsoft Publisher?

* We monitor all Microsoft Publisher reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.