Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Microsoft System Center

(358 reviews)

Microsoft System Center helps customers realize the benefits of the Microsoft Cloud Platform by delivering unified management. Experience fast time-to-value with out-of-the-box monitoring, provisioning, configuration, automation, protection and self-service.

Work for Microsoft System Center?

Learning about Microsoft?

Microsoft System Center Reviews

Showing 385 Microsoft reviews
Microsoft review by Daniel K.
Daniel K.

"SCCM reduces upgrade time"

What do you like best?

SCCM has a ton of OS deployment and software features. We can easily create our custom software and operating system deployments and install them on the needed systems. Easily syncs with Active Directory which allows security group integration creating a "one stop" shop.

What do you dislike?

pretty big learning curve but there are tons of blogs and books for this software. Multiple servers needed for larger offices as well as a server to host the SQL database

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a larger company you should have several SCCM admins; it is a very robust product with tons of features. I would suggest one for OSD, one for Application creation and deployment and one for Windows Update deployment. Get familiar with MDT as we found it easier to create our WIM through that software and import it to SCCM.

Upgrading our fleet of HP computers to Windows 10 and pushing updates through WSUS; all our software was created as SCCM Applications which allow better control over dependencies and users all getting the same version

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft System Center
Microsoft review by Isaac C.
Isaac C.

"Hardware and software monitoring"

What do you like best?

It is a very broad product, where you can configure it to suit your needs, in my specific case it is used to monitor hardware and software implementation of virtual machines in CITRIX. However as mentioned, it is one of Microsoft's bets in management and is divided into many other options.

What do you dislike?

I use it according to programming by the engineer who designed the product's visualization, I do not install it, I'm just a user of the tool for a specific purpose. The access that I have, the data that I obtain, are precise, for the system that I require. I do not see cons in this software at the moment. APM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very broad tool with many options. No doubt you will find the right use.

We are monitoring a central system of virtual machines in CITRIX, obtaining in real time the data of the servers, services and equipment of final clients.

What Application Performance Monitoring (APM) solution do you use?

Microsoft review by David F.
David F.

"System Center Products helps manage all facets of I.T."

What do you like best?

The integration among the products. The well thought out products that help you automate and manage our desktops and systems.

What do you dislike?

My biggest problem is getting WSUS to integrate with SCCM. I followed all the tutorials and it would never pull the update list. I worked with MS support and they told me to reinstall. I wish the install would be a little more automatic

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setting up can be tricky Everything will be going fine and then you will get some quirky thing that won't work that will drive you nuts. Hopefully those annoyences will go away as the product becomes more mature.

Able to Patch, Backup, manage Virtual Environment and automate processes. It has made a huge impact on our effectiveness as an I.T. Dept

Microsoft review by Divya V.
Divya V.

"MSC Honest Review"

What do you like best?

It is more reliable and robust as compared to the current toolset we use. Logging from the tool gives a clear idea of the issue when they arise. Its a Microsoft product and we are largely a Windows environment so we expect to see very few compatibility issues. It is easier to find troubleshooting information on technology forums due to the large user base. The email system is by far the most useful of the Microsoft System Center. It's easy to link calendars, send emails, set signatures, set out of office notifications and more. All businesses should have this feature.

What do you dislike?

The tools are very comprehensive and deliver as promised, but lacks better integration with cloud environments, which Microsoft is addressing by building new services as silos alongside the traditional System Center. I personally don't like this for hybrid deployments, and they need to polish those tools to be part of SC. There isn't much to dislike yet because we just rolled it out not to long ago. If at anything, it would be very small dislikes such as set of commands for hosts within SCCM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Takes time to learn but is useful once you do.

OS Deployments, application deployment, patching, AV. Communication and scheduling. I find the scheduling assistant feature on the calendar very useful when scheduling meetings with a large group. Device Software management is always a problem but this makes it easier. It is an all purpose inventory tool ; Being Microsoft it integrates easily

Microsoft review by Emmanuel E.
Emmanuel E.

"Controle toda su infraestructura desde una misma suite"

What do you like best?

Sysrtem Center debe de ser considerada una suite de administración de infraestructura y esto es lo que hace de la mejor manera.

Aunque en un principio no es la herramienta más sencilla de implementar , en el momento en que se termina de implementar, no hay que estar realizarndo muchos cambios.

Además soluciones como SCOM es de lo mejor del mercado, con el hecho de que Microsoft incorpora su conocimiento de sus propias soluciones, para brindar un mejor control.

What do you dislike?

Se puede decir que es un poco "tieso" de implementar y configurar. La inmterfaz no es la más amigable con el administrador.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Siempre empezar desde SCCOM y ir madurando con la SUITE

System Center está orientado a la administración de infraestructura y esto es lo que hace e la mejor manera.

Lograr tener desde respaldos a administración de flujos de sercvicios. Y si se incorpora una solución como Orchestator se puede tener una automatización a las soluciones de incidentes.

Microsoft review by basant p.
basant p.

"Best monitoring extension and center Management for the organization"

What do you like best?

MSC allows automatic pushes by system admins, thus eliminating the need to convince all users to install it. Also, These pushes can be scheduled. Thisis what I really liked.

Microsoft System Center is is pretty helpful when it comes to corporate or enterprise IT administrators to manage their systems. And by simplifying datacenter management, I am able to perform their data-related functions, from deployment, configuration, management, and monitoring of my infrastructure.

In my specific case I use it to monitor network applications and server applications.

What do you dislike?

1. Lacks Heterogeniety: For organizations running on Operating systems different than WIndows, It requires a different utility tool lile LANDesk.

2. The cost of it is a little expensive Since the price double for every additional 2 physical processor sockets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recomment it to people who are working With multiple systems and platforms. Also helpful in backing up the data and recover lost files

Lets me solve the issue of working with multiple systems and platforms as it works well with a number of heterogeneous and open systems, including Linux, Hyper-V, and VMware.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good management system for medium sized company"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, fairly intuitive, and works well for managing our agency account (approx 200 users). we use it to manage our Microsoft outlook exchange as part of our Enterprise E2 package. It is good for simple creation of users, reports for tracking use, ability to setup multiple mailbox permissions and groups, and other Microsoft application integration. Our staff also use Microsoft products OneNote, Word, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, and Visio as part of their jobs on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

We integrate Microsoft systems center with our private servers' active directory. Because of this, when a change is made in the active directory, it takes up to a week to sync with Microsoft system center (or visa versa) unless a script is run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution for multiple Microsoft products and simple management for companies of all sizes. Deployment via the cloud makes for efficient use of space and time, and takes the pressure of hosting off company servers. In the health care world, this is especially helpful since out electronic health record software is already hosted on our own private servers.

Microsoft systems center allows for deployment and management of several crucial tools for our mental health agency. Clinicians and administrative staff (approx 200 people) all use Microsoft Outlook, Word, and OneNote. Many also use Visio, sharepoint, and Powerpoint,

The integration of all these tools saves us money, tracking multiple licenses, and simplifies IT director's ability to manage and track licenses and usage.

Microsoft review by Stever Jose G.
Stever Jose G.

"the easiest way to manage the platform to update, monitor and solve events."

What do you like best?

When we decided to implement Microsoft syntem center we had excellent results for decision making in what was the hardware update of the users and upgrade of some servers. not only allowed us to monitor and solve problems of server onpremises, but also in the virtual one agent is intalo and keeps the reports up to date.

one functionality is to be able to manage the desktop computer park that we have from different suppliers creating a single image of the operating system and being able to deploy only one in different models and then assemble the driver packages for each model separately. carry out project of update of operating system and change of stations was very simple.

was adapted in line to implement under ITIL standards

The processes of pachmanagement were greatly improved since it could be done very simply.

the problem resolution times were considerably improved thanks to the knowledge base and the inventory of applications running on the machine, we can solve problems quickly.

In the pages of the manufacturer there are always available tutorials and manuals of use and new functionalities

What do you dislike?

In my opinion I do not see disadvantages of the solution, the cost may be a little high if it is a small company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if they are animated, ask your supplier for a test of the product and thus they can exploit the functionalities in this way to evaluate which tools of the system center package are necessary for you.

the problems that helped us to solve was to have available an inventory in real time, help us to make decisions to update the platform and be able to proactively present the alerts and behaviors observed in the monitoring of the platform

Microsoft review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"If only SCUP - no, wait, actual third-party software update content - were fully integrated!"

What do you like best?

I do like the addition in CB 1802 of "Install Behavior", which saves me having to script an install or use a task sequence in order to preemptively kill processes with as little disruption to the user as possible so that the install will not fail.

I also would be up all night two weekends of the month if not for the option to schedule both availability and deadline for my server updates, however I'm clearly not doing it correctly, as I still end up with servers three days later that never got around to downloading the updates, with no obvious cause, other than that the client just didn't do it, but I digress.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that in order to specify that in installation take place upon logon or logoff I have to create a task sequence for my application or program. Why that logic cannot be or has not been integrated into the most commonly used features for software deployment, I cannot imagine.

HOWEVER, that inconvenience pales in comparison to the massive recurring headache of 3rd party patching. Even SCUP and SolarWinds PM give me only the exoskeleton for the updates most needed because of their vulnerability to exploit: Java and Flash Player. As I was fighting this battle a year ago, we still had a valid Altiris Patch Management subscription, and I went back to it as quickly as I had left it, for that reason alone. While I understand to an extent Adobe's rationale in refusing to publish updates to 3rd party catalogs, Altiris managed to have an employee do all the steps I have to complete every month and make the msi and exe available for all flavors, Java, too, and save me those steps. I don't know what kind of agreement exists there that affords Altiris, and apparently no one else, the option of providing the complete catalog content for those two troublemakers, but it's worth its weight in gold.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that assuming an hour for a reboot borders on ridiculous and often exceeds my maintenance window, but I have thus far heeded Microsoft's warnings to not fiddle with that. The same goes for deadline randomization; if the pre-release phased deployment feature makes it into production, my understanding is that it will, in a sense, replace deadline randomization, but, my employer being a federal agency, 'pre-release' and 'beta' are bad words. I'm not allowed to take advantage of those features yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SCCM is great for imaging, application deployment, and reporting. If you are wanting a patch management solution, you should know that Microsoft will not provide you with content for Adobe product updates or Java updates. I believe there are a couple others. I would recommend keeping a finger on the pulse of current branch development, as 3rd party patching is just about the biggest sore spot for admins, as acknowledged by Microsoft. Whether there exists a solution other than Symantec Patch Manager that still provides admins with all content necessary to deploy updates, I don't know, but there is pain ahead, if this will be your patching solution.

I have relied heavily on SCCM to distribute patches from both the present and years ago in order to remediate vulnerabilities that are in violation of the risk acceptance policy, the responsibility for which I have been given because I managed to have some success with it last year. No good deed goes unpunished. That is in addition to regular monthly patching, which has been done solely with SCCM since December 2017. Reporting on patch penetration is definitely simpler with a single patch management solution, however the inability to incorporate my 3rd party updates into a SUG keeps me running multiple SCCM reports for now.

Microsoft review by Samuel P.
Samuel P.

"It is a fantastic and incredible tool for the administration of computers and servers"

What do you like best?

Pros: - It can be unified with Active Directory and DHCP to locate any computer that is connected to the network.

- You can deploy Windows desktop and Windows server updates automatically or manually.

- You can implement any application or shortcut.

- Most impressive is the ease with which you can implement operating systems through the network.

- When you deploy an application, update or operating system, you can easily see the progress of the implementation.

- Has a wide range of created reports.

- Can generate Querys according to the need of the company.

- SCCM has its own remote connection system that provides great help at the time of remote technical support.

- You can set up an "SCCM server" or a "distribution point" in each location you need to avoid bandwidth consumption.

- It has a great security to establish the differences between the roles of the different areas of the company that require the use of the tool.

- You can use the LOG as they are very useful.

What do you dislike?

Cons: - Microsoft System Center is a very expensive tool

- It requires many pre requisites for the installation of the SCCM in a server.

- The set-up requires many hours of work so that SCCM is 100% configured

- The creation of additional reports is very complicated.

- Generating Querys in SCCM does not have much documentation and is really difficult.

- You really need to do a course to be able to use the tool.

- Many errors of the tool are basic and do not show details.

- It is complicated to verify the installation of Windows updates

: I feel that being a Microsoft product it is easier to integrate and maintain.

It is a complete package for maintaining OS, patching, security, apps, and images. Server and Workstations.

We have had few issues since setup. and I would recommend this even with a few drawbacks.

Microsoft review by Adam N.
Adam N.

"Excellent for patch/software distrobution"

What do you like best?

Imaging, remote imaging, patch management, program management, remote desktop client built in, collection management.

What do you dislike?

We normally have to use right click tools addon's in order to more easily add workstations or groups to certain collections instead of taking more time to add them through a more in depth menu. So overall, may just needs a bit more simplicity in that aspect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a rather large amount of assets you may very well look into this software, it has saved us so many headaches and made it much more easier to keep track of assets and verify if all of them are in compliance with our most current settings.

Microsoft review by Juan Carlos M.
Juan Carlos M.

"Microsoft System Center"

What do you like best?

La Interface de la herramienta utilizada. Mucho mejor las nuevas versiones que la anterior. Aparece todo mucho mas claro y a primera vista. En otras versiones anteriores de sccm no podias implementar tus propios scripts.

What do you dislike?

Lo que me disgusta un poco es que en la consola no se pueda elegir en otros idiomas a parte del ingles. Estaría bien que fuera multilenguaje.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buena Herramienta. 100 % recomendable

El 100% del trabajo diario de mi departamento se resuelve con Microsoft system Center. Los beneficios al utlizar la herramienta son satisfactorios ya que lo utilizamos en los diferentes clientes que tenemos en cartera.

Microsoft review by Jared F.
Jared F.

"Great for large scale management, but can have delays. "

What do you like best?

It makes it very easy to manage and deploy multiple software packages and updates on a large scale. It’s very easy to use as well. It can cut down the time and effort involved in pushing multiple applications and updates to one or many devices at once and mostly automated.

What do you dislike?

Server / client re-sync can be slow to update when removing collections/application, and sometimes slow to deploy as well. Also, if a package fails to install, it can be a pain to get it working.

Drastically reducing the time required to deploy software packages and updates on a large scale enterprise environment.

Microsoft review by Johnathon P.
Johnathon P.

"Great software "

What do you like best?

So many things that this suite can do. The System Center Advisor makes it seamless and simple Sass service management. Its Configuration Manager contains patches for deployment as well as server management and configuration. I like how their Orchestrator and Service Manager works. The functionality seen this section contains tools that can easily be integrated for streaming workflow.

What do you dislike?

Configurations and deployments can be done easy. Thing is, operations and service know-how is required. If you're a professional working in IT, it'll take some time to get a complete grasp of its services and private cloud.

Finally being over and done when it comes to an on-premis data center's intricacies and costs. This was big problem when migrating business to a private space. While there's clearly a benefit in operations and services, they tend to come with financial and security risks. The System Center has a wide range of services and feastures that makes business processes manageable. Its automation level guarantees deployment in a single click.

Microsoft review by Andrea B.
Andrea B.

"Deploy, Update and Manage"

What do you like best?

This product is great, allows you to install, update and manage system and software installed on a large number of servers or PCs and it have many feature like the reporting tool that permit u to create many queries and export inExcel for easy manipulation of data.

In short, this product is so powerful and makes IT management much easier and faster

What do you dislike?

It was hard to undesrstand and setup at the first time and u need to study much first to know well all features.

Sometimes the changes sent on the devices seem to be correctly installed on the panel/dashboard but not really on the device

Recommendations to others considering the product

i think Microsoft System Center is useful for company has its own IT department with a big amount of devices

i used this product in an environment almost totally with servers with windows operating system from 2008 upwards to schedule microsoft update in certain times on big amount of servers and pc

Microsoft review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration

"Great for a Growing, Mid-level Comapany"

What do you like best?

Everything is centralized. I don't have to poke around and spend 20 minutes searching for an application. It has made a huge difference in how agile I can be when multitasking.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitation with what we are able to do as far as tracking data for required daily and monthly reports. We have to use a separate software to do the actual reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you are aware of everything that is available. We spent a lot of time trying to find solutions outside of MSC without realizing that there was already an application available.

As I mentioned above, the fact that everything is centralized is a huge advantage. Previously, we had a very disjointed organization of tolls, and with MSC my productivity has increased, which means I get more time to focus on the tasks at hand.

Microsoft review by Laurry P.
Laurry P.

"Parfait "

What do you like best?

Sa vistesse et sa facilité d'utilisation, tout les problèmes sont ici tres souvent résolu. Mqoi je ne peut pas m en paindre un bon jeu d outil avec des vrais services dans l informatique il est un environnement Windows, donc ma société et moi attendons à voir très peu de problèmes de compatibilité car cette distribution est compatible avec tout les produit on as besoins

What do you dislike?

Rien sauf peut etre le un jour une erreur suite a une mauvakse connection internet mérite une meilleur incorporation au niveau du cloud

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pratique est conçu pour fonctionner apres avoir un peut etudier le système

A permis une gestion parfairte trouve la fonctionnalité d'assistant de planification sur le calendrier très utile lors de la planification des réunions avec mon groupe. La gestion des logiciels est quelquefois qun problème, mais cela facilite la tâche. C'est un outil d'inventaire polyvalent; mais comme tous logiciel Microsoft, il s'intègre facilement

Microsoft review by Brent O.
Brent O.

"System Center Configuration Manager"

What do you like best?

Excellent for application deployment, patch management and hardware/software inventory. This can also do some good health and configuration checks as well as virtualized applications. SCCM is a great tool for remote management. Reports are also useful and can be customized and automated. Works great with WIndows but you need to be sure to update as new versions of Windows 10 come out this is something that administrators will need to pay attention too.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't work well on Macs, can be confusing on offerings with cloud based or on premise versions. Patching can be a bit tedious and there are some limitations with powershell and configuration items. External use can also be a bit tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other products out there but for Windows I find this to be really solid.

It helps me to know when things gets deployed. The visibility I have on installations and inventory is great for Windows devices. It integrates well and does not seem to be very resource intensive. This application saves time and physical resources. It scales up well but might not be necessary for small companies with maybe one location. I prefer this to be used when you have several offices.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"SCCM has made it possible to shorten our image time from almost a week down to an hr. "

What do you like best?

I like that SCCM is widely used by the IT community. Most issues or problems you could run into has already been solved by someone else in the community due to it being used by so many companies and people. It has a very large community of friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable folks.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about SCCM. Its very large, and you can do just about anything you need in your environment as far as management of Devices goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn as much as you can before you start using it. Research as much as you can about do's and dont's. You can dig a very deep hole pretty quickly.

Time and effort spent in managed images, applications, configuration settings have been cut in half if not more. We spend far less time building computers and installing applications. We can now spend more of our time doing actual IT functions

Microsoft review by Javier L.
Javier L.

"Bajo control"

What do you like best?

Software empresarial para control del parque de equipos de usuario y servidores muy completo. Se pueden obtener inventarios de software y hardware en un intervalo definido, distribuir aplicaciones, updates de Microsoft y controlar políticas de acceso tanto a dispositivos Windows como móviles.

What do you dislike?

Las últimas versiones están teniendo actualizaciones cada pocos meses, lo que hace difícil siempre estar a la última versión y aprovechar las características que se incorporan con las últimas versiones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Producto completo dentro de la suite Systems Center para la administración completa del parque de equipos y servidores de una empresa.

Inventario completo de todo el parque de equipos informáticos (móvil, PC, Servidor), posibilidad de establecer políticas de acceso y mantener al día en actualizaciones todos los dispositivos Windows, así como todo el software homologado en los PCs de la infraestructura.

Microsoft review by Michael Angelo I.
Michael Angelo I.

"Automation in Enterprise server management"

What do you like best?

It helps us on automation for our virtualized data center and the cloud, both private and public. Easy administration and deployment, rolling the installation can suit any business design or architecture setup, common tasks can be done by multiple options, management-wise there are a lot of policy template that can be used and in reporting there are pre-defined reports or you can custom a report.

What do you dislike?

For those who will try Microsoft Systems Center for the first time, I recommend reading the white papers and administration guide. Microsoft offers a lot of tutorials how to use this tool. Just be careful about deployment and setup, plan the design to avoid making some common mistakes that could be costly in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product able to monitor services, tools and applications. Microsoft Windows, VMWare, HP and critical application environments.

Infrasture Provisioning, Automation and self-service, Infrastured and workload monitoring.

Microsoft review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Setting up a secure LAN"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to secure a LAN, it is user friendly and easy on the process of securing the network and assigning tasks.

What do you dislike?

Time consuming in the process of creating containers according to groups and departments. The 2007 version was difficult to complete task's as I assigned them. Errors were almost occuring all the time. Eventually the errors were corrected with trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting the latest version would be best, using the older system has some quirks.

Virtual machines set up and maintaining day to day business problems like preventing malware attacks, and the time it takes to resolve them. Updating the virus database daily was the resolution to correcting the oversight of detecting the intrusions of malware attacks.

Attention: I altered the upload to protect client information.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"SCCM is the jack of all trades!"

What do you like best?

I use this software daily. I use the Config Manager part of System Center. Helps me manage our equipment with fewer people and can keep all our PC's up-to-date on patching. I also love the fact that I can upgrade PC's to Windows 10 as we are moving from Windows 7 to 10.

What do you dislike?

SCCM is a huge learning curve. I would recommend anyone who wants to use it, buy a book or 2 on how to operate it. It takes a lot of time to fully understand what this software can do. But trust me, it is worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an all in one software, seriously consider using System Center. I am also looking into implementing other parts of System Center as well.

Patching, imaging, upgrades to newer versions of Windows 10, Surface Pro drivers.

Microsoft review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Functional, but fragile"

What do you like best?

The incident entry system is segmented in a thoughtful manner and flows nicely when entering tickets from callers. Service Manager (SCSM) sends email notifications to the users, the assigned analyst, and can easily pull up historical incidents on a certain user, end user, date range, or keyword you select. Coupled with Provance's asset management system, we can track purchases, aging hardware, new hardware, and where certain pieces of equipment are at any given time.

Configuration Manager (SCCM) is a powerful tool for managing the distribution of software, updates, and querying the computing environments with hundreds of computers across multiple locations.

Overall, SCSM and SCCM are both great tools in our growing organization.

What do you dislike?

Following normal updates, we typically experience periods of sluggish behavior or software hiccups that can interfere with our normal operations. Microsoft is always there with quick, polite, and knowledgeable support, though we'd rather not have to use it so much.

Service Manager helps us ensure all the "little things" don't slip through the cracks and Provance helps us keep track of when we need to replace aging inventory items.

Microsoft review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"A one stop shop for managing multiple computers"

What do you like best?

I used to use SCCM at a previous job for managing patches and pushing out Software. Loved that you can control not only updates and patches, but also things related to security and network settings. It made it so we no longer needed to physically go to the user's desk, it could all be done easily from our own PCs.

The monitoring dashboard also let us know at a glance the overall status of what the network and user computers was. We were never guessing what computers were up to date or not.

What do you dislike?

The interface and commands can be quite daunting to a new user. But I it is broken up in such a way that someone can learn a bit at a time.

We wanted a way to provide updates, network changes, patches without having to drive all over the place to do so. The benefits came in the form of many hours saved having to drive from place to place. We now had more time to get actual tasks finished.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"The best software for the new generation. "

What do you like best?

I liked it's all system p, programming, durability, storage capacity, ease of use , security & word document. It is running well we are using it since 10 years. It's every system is easy to learn 2 years kid also. I think in our small city a lot of people are using this software .As they have a good faith on it. Thanks Microsoft system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its word document is not responding , it makes a lot of interpretation while working & storage system is not correct .It can be stole with hackers .So must have to keep attention for it. Out look system also not running properly. I have a lot of problems to run word system along with note pad to save all documents secretly from another family members .

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the new comers who are learning just computer or touching to the computer it is good product.An interesting facilities, it can use small child also easily like paintings, drawings, running audio system or video system etc I think in our country people knows only this productb this is another reason to like & learn all programs of this software .

I am solving content marketing problem with it. I am getting cheap service from it as well as it is connected all over the world so it is good benefit to us to run our business easily by connecting abroad people easily. People also connecting with me easily to read my content.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Helps businesses fully manage cloud to client needs in a digital landscape"

What do you like best?

I use it to our companies cloud-based accounting software analytics in windows native, DPM helps with data back and retention policies and recovery needs. Has a slew of data protection and Harding functions. Offers simplified data center management and core server infrastructure management functions, in one core system makes it a must-have. Has great windows 10 support and mostly positve user feedback.

What do you dislike?

Lack of apple functionality, since about 10% use mac it has provided a little bit of issue but through Linux functions, we could bridge support in-house. required a lot of work by one of our data enginers i recall in setting up hyper-v containers. Lacks better integration with cloud environments wishes more of the cloud functions were based solely on local equipment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you use Microsoft, have a need for the cloud to client infrastructure, and run virtualization in your windows server containers.

It is a Microsoft tool but a very broad tool at that, with many options for Linux and other non-windows. No doubt you will find a use

Microsoft review by Long N.
Long N.

"Microsoft System Center 2012 R2"

What do you like best?

Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 is a must have tool for any IT support personnel. The most useful feature among the many is the ability to create application packages and push them to machines. You can use Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 to push Windows Updates even. The feature I find I use the most day-to-day is the reporting tool. I create many queries and export to Excel for easy manipulation of data.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to not like about Microsoft System Center 2012 R2. There are so many things that can be done with it. I have barely scratched the surface and I've been using it for more then 5 years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No doubt your organization should be using it, if you organization is Windows based.

Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 allows our organization to administer computers all across the country as long as they are connected to the internet and on our domain. This is indispensible for an organization that have machines all across Canada and Europe.

Microsoft review by Jennie S.
Jennie S.

"Rough start but smooth sailing afterwards!"

What do you like best?

Initially, we had lots of bugs when we rolled over to the newest versions with packages not being deployed. once redeployed apps and packages showed up properly and we were able to take advantage of the new features. Also, their remote management is great.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems to take several times to get things added or changed in the system. For instance, we have to add the OS that we wanted me to deploy a couple times. Can have some time delay when using it.Some management tools may be unavailable at certain times.

This helps our virtual organization work effectively to communicate with each other and organize for the weekly virtual meeting that we have. We are easily able to share data that helps the company succeed overall.

Microsoft review by David C.
David C.

"Microsoft System Center Brief Use"

What do you like best?

The best part about this program is that it is fairly easy to use and start up. There is so much information that you can gather online whenever I have a problem.

What do you dislike?

So far the product has been to my liking and no cons have come up. I believe there is a learning curve for new users like me. There is so much you can configure and becomes more complex as you go on. Although there is a lot of information, there is not much hands on experience that I would have liked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

During school, it was a lot better to organize. I am not sure if I could recommend this product to others due to the fact that the services are not needed in my field of work currently.

One business problems with Microsoft System Center is to organize and monitor more efficiently

Microsoft review by Oliver R.
Oliver R.

" Microsoft System Center offers integrated processes for problem resolution, and others problem"

What do you like best?

This service offers integrated processes that are based on standards and regulations used in industrial processes for the resolution of incidents and problems, change control and administration, where through its configuration management database it automatically connects knowledge and information.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the license in the different packages of information or information management, does something up the use in different departments of the organization, on the other hand the maximum benefit is obtained with previously prepared personnel.

In the department of the organization where I work, allowed to control the capacity of the administration allowing to guarantee compliance with the rules and regulations, reducing the time of information processing and the costs that these generated.

Microsoft review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Uno de los mejores sistemas de software"

What do you like best?

Microsoft System Center es un grupo de soluciones para administración de soluciones en plataforma IT, dentro de los cuales tenemos MOM y SMS, que ayuda a proactivamente planear, implantar, administrar, operar y optimizar su ambiente de IT.

En mi opinion, para cualquier empresa cuyo desarrollo tecnológico es avanzado y es necesario un sistema de coordinación de software Microsoft system es de lo mejor actualmente.

Con la familia de soluciones de System Center, usted puede conectar a la gente de su organización, con procesos y herramientas, a través de distintos entornos operativos y de desarrollo. Como resultado, usted también podrá optimizar su infraestructura IT.

What do you dislike?

Si bien es cierto que es uno de los mejores software systems, tiene una dificultad de manejo uncpoco elevada por lo tanto solo entendidos en el sectos son los mas apropiados para este sistema además es mayoritariamente dedicado a empresas grandes y limita su uso a emprendedores.

Lo dificultad de organización entre el software de empleados, no supuso un beneficio económico sino un beneficio a nivel de ahorrar tiempo.

Microsoft review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"Excellent features, serious learning curve."

What do you like best?

There are two parts that I really like and the second builds on the first one. The application deployment component to publish both msi and non msi software to workstations and give me feedback on the status. The second thing that I really like is the Operating System Deployment. This lets you create a task to install your operating system to desktops without customizing a gold image to every model of hardware that you have. It also lets you install a changeable list of software to the workstations and publish all current updates. It saves a ton of time on preparing new workstations for deployment.

What do you dislike?

The complexity of the setup and configuration is incredible. I can't recommend enough that you complete every bit of training that you can find before you start this setup. After you complete the training do a thorough test environment setup and make sure you have everything set up and you understand everything that you want to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you get all of the training that you can and always install a test environment before you go live with this product.

I am trying to reduce the management overhead of over 300 desktop computers with a single administrator.

Microsoft review by Evgeny Z.
Evgeny Z.

"Microsoft SystemCenter for managing IT in small company"

What do you like best?

It quite powerful and fast. Allows to deploy a very complicated system and makes IT management easy and smart.

What do you dislike?

It's really big and requires MS SQL to deploy. The process of installation is very horrible. It was not compatible with windows 2012 small business edition. No automatic update. One day the database just filled up all storages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make product more stable and compatible with all Microsoft Server products.

Managing deployment apps for the small company. It also includes antivirus. Managing PC was really easy and was possible to have all statistics and controls in one place.

Microsoft review by Rod M.
Rod M.

"Powerful product that is feature rich, but not for small enterprises"

What do you like best?

This is honestly the best deployment and Windows client management tool out there. SCOM is the best monitoring tool out there, as well. It has the ability to monitor issues in the environment and correct them - as in system services for example - and is highly customizable where you can add custom add-ons any number of third party vendors.

Config Manager is also highly customizable and powerful where you can deploy software and updates to 100's or 1000's of machines in a single click. It also is cloud-ready, plugging into the Azure public cloud stack.

You will find no better toolset out there to manage your end points.

What do you dislike?

This is a huge product so not appropriate for small businesses. The complexity of setting up collections and direct memberships, etc can also leave an organization in a huge bloated mess of deployment conditions and software deployments, so make sure you place a lot of rigor and thought into how your software deployments are going to be organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Place a lot of planing and thought around how you want to set up the software collections and deployments. This is a large complex product which can get you in a lot of trouble if you don't set up and configure the toolset and your business processes well.

Central management of devices, software updates/deployment and monitoring.

Microsoft review by User

"Reduces upgrade time"

What do you dislike?

Microsoft review by charissa w.
charissa w.

"Microsoft"

What do you like best?

Security is amazing. Updates are automatically done.

What do you dislike?

I have no qualms with this product. It meets The needs of the school for our students and staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly Recommend using Microsoft System Center. We have used at the college for sometime now. He has never let us down. If we need any help the support team is amazing and the cost is reasonable. Thank You Microsoft for making my job Easier.

Controls internet traffic. Keeping everyone in the building running smoothly.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

This is a broad product but is worth the time to set it up as you can integrate it with AD and DHCP. We can track our assets (desktops, mobile devices, software) with ease and ensure we're in compliance.

What do you dislike?

This product did take us many hours to setup and configure so that it runs properly however it is worth the time. I took a course so I could understand how to setup the queries and reports.

We mainly use this system to maintain the OS, patching, security, apps, and images. I'm sure there are more features in SCCM however that is all we're using it for.

Microsoft review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent experience. QOL is great, fast reactions."

What do you like best?

The ability to manage large groups of computers at work. We have several computer labs at work and Microsoft System Center makes it easy for us to update computer software from one place instead of having to go computer by computer clicking away and spending hours updating just one lab.

What do you dislike?

Really wish there were more options as to what you could do regarding specific software updates. There's been several instances where we cannot do a specific software update and have to go computer to computer. Not sure why the issue happens and for the most part it isn't a big issue since we still use MSC with much ease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent choice. Will save lots of time.

Saves so much time with computer lab management. Gives us more time to solve issues outside of the computer lab quicker.

Microsoft review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Commercial Real Estate
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Commercial Real Estate

"SCCM is microsoft for "

What do you like best?

It's a wonderfully complex tool if you need it to be, but it's point and click if you need it to be. I like how I can be as selective in OU or as broad in all our domain. The error reporting is also very good and helps with their online community site.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to have so much command line experience to be able to pull information from users machines. I don't like the cost of having it implemented in our environment. I do think it's the only option but as it works with a Microsoft environment it's the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a distributed workforce and have bandwidth limits at your remote site. If you have only a windows environment in you AD get System Center!

We have a distributed workforce, this is the best way we have to move content inside and outside the network. A lot of our remote users have to VPN into our network and SCCM stands right in the space and utilizes the right amount of bandwidth we tell it to use. The reporting is helpful in finding us the infirmation we need to tell what is happening with all the remote users.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Full featured management system for your computing environment."

What do you like best?

Microsoft System Center is incredibly robust. You can manage your inventory, updates, imaging, anti malware and so many other features all under one pane of glass. This product helped us eliminate multiple software packages and roll them into one.

What do you dislike?

It definitely requires heavy lifting to setup. We planned to use a 3rd party for assistance. It can be a complicated product so you can't skimp on the setup. Do your self a favor and get an expert to assist. Then spend time getting familiar with the system before fully using in production.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research, Make sure that everything you want this to aid with is part of it.

We solved issue with proper inventory management reflecting specific detail on computer's age, characteristics, models, warranty, etc. It also helped us with moving forward with a better imaging mechanism. A bonus was having windows updates and malware taken care of in the process.

Microsoft review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Good tool for self-installs!"

What do you like best?

We recently used this to deploy an alternative web browser to 200 users overnight. It was a nice self-help experience and worked seemlessly in our environment

What do you dislike?

I've experienced permissions issues where I had to switch to admin accounts to get a different catalog, but I think that was something to do with the way the administrator configured it. Other than that, it seem,s to work seemlessly.

Self-help / level 0 deployments. It is nice to be able to direct our users to install their own software. Getting them directed to the Software Center has reduced the number of calls and tickets to our Service Desk!

Microsoft review by Administrator

"Great software to implement in your company"

What do you like best?

the best of Microsoft system center is its ease to use , you can deploy any type of software in System center configuration manager , and you can monitor all of your systems in System center operations manager

What do you dislike?

It is a big point about to talk, because the suite of System center has less bad things than good, so we cant talk bad things about this. One of this bad things is the difficulty of the first deployment .

I had a server with several daily errors , but i deplay an SCOM console and now we can monitorize an resolve this errors quickly

Microsoft review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Microsoft Center System Admin"

What do you like best?

The ease of Use of the system overall, the ability to schedule Automated backups. Being able to Automate Discovery. Reduce Downtime. Also Easy Reporting of the systems would allow for much more administration of the system.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in Particular, The system doesn't really offers any down sides. Unlike certain systems, this tool provides numerous advantages,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft is always improving their products and they are always doing their best to keep up with the current demands in society.

The Ability to initiate patches and backups is a very great tool and Microsofts makes it very easy to manage multiple systems from one single system.

Microsoft review by Hao Q.
Hao Q.

"Excellent product"

What do you like best?

Great product. Lots of options. Makes IT job more easier. Very well integrated with WSUS and Windows Update Agent.

What do you dislike?

Some features aren't clearly enough. You have to find more info on your own. Troubleshooting of client side patch issues is not very easy. Required skilled people to troubleshoot scan errors and resolve those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SCCM is quite powerful and very useful if your company has its own IT department with someone manages the SCCM full-time.

System deployment, application deployment, updates management.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Great for the Enterprise Minded, with Central Control"

What do you like best?

The ability to control your windows infrastructure, desktops, and tablets from one unique set of software. This was the best selling factor for System Center. Ease of use and adaptation for IT teams, cut the need for hands on support significantly- placing all technical and operations in a single suite of software for complete tracking.

What do you dislike?

Having to change screens or constant maintenance of services if running from Hyper V. The software seemed to have an issue managing itself if SCCM was running off of a HyperV machine. The licensing for SC Suite is too expensive if you are a sub-200 employee company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to evaluate your IT Teams strengths and weakness- as well as operating costs per ticketed request/deployment. System Center is not cheap by any means, but if there are a lot of deployments/ticketing in IT, this will certainly help get a grip on reliability and up time.

Single point of Resolution- System Center gave us the ability to track, maintain, deploy, operations management with KB with out having to troubleshoot individual machines.

Microsoft review by Rahul C.
Rahul C.

"System Center - Go Private in the Cloud"

What do you like best?

System Center Advisor- Offering easy to manage Saas services

Configuration Manager- Deployment of patches, configuring and managing servers

Orchestrator and Service Manager- Efficient tools that can be integrated to streamline workflow process.

What do you dislike?

Whereas deployments and configurations are made easy, in-depth knowledge of services and operations is required. For an IT pro, requires time to understand the concepts of private cloud and services offered.

Getting over the cost and complexity of on premises data center. This was the major concern while moving the business over the private space. While privatizing services and operations benefit, yet they come on cost and security risks.

Benefits- System Center offers tools and services that made working of the business easy to handle. The level of automation guarantee deployment at the click of a button. Considering security risks involved with cloud vendors, Microsoft has won my confidence. In addition, the user interface is easy and compelling.

Microsoft review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"MS System Center Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use when using this product. It is a great tool for using when you need to validate issues you may be having in your, or a colleagues machine. It is also a great tool for helping in a service desk type of environment as it is an easy tool to use for troubleshooting and pinpointing issues.

What do you dislike?

There are easier tools out there to use than this. Easier HUD and GUI would be great to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest implementing it on all the machines you would be using in the office as this is an easy way to monitor and determine where issues are and what they are, as well as a way to resolve them.

I Would ensure you deploy this on customers machines that you might also be monitoring as this helps minimize downtime.

Resolving issues with clients computers as well as coworkers.

Benefits I have seen are good monitoring tools and ease of discovering problems as well as ease of finding resolutions for the problems that present themselves to us while using the Microsoft System Center

Microsoft review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Microsoft System Center-Integrated Client-to-Server-to-Cloud Automation Tool"

What do you like best?

Microsoft System Center is created for IT management to fully manage their datacenter and other IT aspects of their company across various environments and platforms. IT team and users are able to perform and manage their datacenter related functions, from initial deployment, configuration, management, and monitoring of your infrastructure. It is applied to both fully virtualized software-defined data center as well as partial hybrid datacenter model.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft System Center brings together all elements of datacenter management under one console. The single console can be more user-friendly that will help users to pock around on it without much training and study on this tool.

The automated workflows of MSC can be made in such a way that it can be transferable to and from other similar tool and can bring easy integration with other non-MSC tools.

MSC is mainly being used for in-place updates and upgrades of the Microsoft products, such as Windows 2008 and 2012 Servers, SQL servers and HyperV configurations.

Microsoft System Center Datacenter Edition is very helpful and being used for Hyper-V and Windows Server Containers

Microsoft review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Invaluable tool for supporting systems and deployment of software"

What do you like best?

Software deployment and remote control features

What do you dislike?

The interface needs a lot of work. Too many things require you to go to multiple sections. It would be better if it would have more of a windowed interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend a dev environment for sure. There's so many mistakes we ran into when implementing SCCM. It's very complicated and takes a while to get working, but once it is, it's a great tool.

We have replaced our old imaging system and antivirus with it, use to deploy software and remotely support systems. It’s also been great for inventory.

Learning about Microsoft System Center?

* We monitor all Microsoft System Center reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.