Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Microsoft Word

4.7
(281 reviews)

Polished documents, anytime, anywhere, on all of your devices

Work for Microsoft Word?

Learning about Microsoft Word?

Microsoft Word Reviews

Showing 288 Microsoft Word reviews
Microsoft Word review by Maricris A.
Maricris A.

"The best Texts processor, I recommend it"

What do you like best?

It is one of the best Text processors that currently exists. Microsoft Word is one of the Incredible Programs of the Office Package.

With this Program you can create and edit texts, it is the tool that I use every day in my work to perform the analyzes, letters or Calls.

Word has great tools that make something extremely incredible. It is capable of supporting large quantities of words, has an automatic corrector, has more than 50 languages ​​that you can change depending on which language you are going to write, is a software that I recommend with closed eyes is very useful and easy to use. I have worked with him for more than 7 years.

Highly recommended

What do you dislike?

During the time that I have been working with Word I have not been presented with any type of problems with the execution of my tasks in Word. I love this Text Creation and Editing Program.

It is quite complete, it is not difficult to use and it is very good I recommend it. Currently it is one of the best Software that exists

Recommendations to others considering the product

I LOVE IT

Undoubtedly Microsoft Word is one of the Programs that I use Daily in my Work, since I am in charge of Making Letters, Reports. It has other tools that make your work very correct and impeccable.

It is a tool that is present in my day to day. Recommended to 1000% I really liked this software, Very useful for what you need

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word review by Mauricio Miguel M.
Mauricio Miguel M.

"The best Text Processor program that exists"

What do you like best?

I have worked with Microsoft Word, since a long time ago, it is a Word Processor with great tools to Create and to be able to Edit documents, Letters, Reports, Works among others.

Microsoft Word corresponds to the Microsoft Office Program Family. I use Microsoft Word daily in my work since I am in charge of performing different types of Personnel Reports. It is an incredible Software I recommend it a lot.

Like all the other programs contained in the Microsoft package I love that you have an Online Version, many times we do not have the Programs installed on our computer, but it is simply a matter of entering through the Web, registering with an Outlook Email and you will do the same functions as if you had it on the computer, Excellent Very Good I recommend it

What do you dislike?

During the time I have been working not only with Microsoft Word, but with all the software that make up this Package! I have not had any problem in this case with Microsoft Word is an excellent software, able to insert many words and also with its own automatic corrector, with different types of letters, shadows, among others

Very very good. I love him

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the best

It is a fundamental Program in every company and in every office. In a company it would not be very easy to work without the Microsoft Office programs and Word is an essential one, with which you can create and edit texts.

Personally, My work merita daily use Microsoft Word and is the Maximum

I recommend it a lot

What Document Creation solution do you use?

Microsoft Word review by José J. R.
José J. R.

"Líder mundial indiscutible de los Procesadores de Texto."

What do you like best?

Pienso que ésta es la mejor herramienta que existe en el mercado para trabajar con texto. Con el tiempo, la misma ha añadido nuevas y mejores funcionalidades. Me gusta la forma como abro los documentos, escojo plantillas, incorporo texto, cambio estilos, fuentes y colores, incluyo tablas, imágenes; personalizo mis documentos de la forma que desee. Hay muchas plantillas útiles, algunas vienen precargadas en la suite, otras las puedo obtener por Internet, y son ampliamente compatibles y editables. Puedo compartir recursos de otras aplicaciones de la suite, lo que me ayuda muchísimo en la edición de texto. Me fascina su corrector ortográfico, no soy muy bueno en eso, y me ayuda mucho; sobre todo si no es mi lengua nativa: español. Puedo generar archivos en muy distintos formatos. Es eficiente en el uso de los recursos de la máquina, lo que lo hace ser un procesador de texto rápido, aún y cuando tu documento tenga muchas páginas o esté cargado de imágenes. Para las empresas mantiene una buena relación costo-beneficio. En fin, es un software espectacular para edición de texto.

What do you dislike?

Entre una versión y otra, algunas veces cambian las opciones de posición y para el que está acostumbrado, que ya lleva tiempo usando Word, y que usa la memoria, le cuesta algo localizar los componentes, es decir, las herramientas deseadas. Lo que le hace perder algo de usabilidad al producto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo ampliamente el uso de Microsoft Office a todos los usuarios que deseen trabajar de forma fácil con la edición de textos. La cantidad de funcionalidades que incluye esta aplicación para tratar los textos, configurarlos, editarlos, imprimirlos o generar otros formatos es impresionante. Además, es una aplicación interoperable que fácilmente se comunica con otras aplicaciones de la suite de Office como Excel o Access. No duden en usarlo. Es la herramienta de elección para el manejo de texto por naturaleza.

Soy Licenciado en Informática, con 15 años de experiencia en el desarrollo de software y uso de aplicaciones informáticas. Desde que estudiaba usaba Microsoft Word para la edición de texto en la elaboración de mis trabajos universitarios, actualmente lo empleo en la elaboración de informes de gestión, manuales de usuario, reportes técnicos, entre otros, en la empresa donde laboro. En lo personal también lo he usado para hacer tarjetas de presentación, tarjetas de invitación para las fiestas de mis hijos, para hacer letras para banners, son increíbles la cantidad de tipos de fuentes que maneja, para recortar fotos, entre otros. En definitiva, Word tiene múltiples propósitos.

Microsoft Word review by Keila B.
Keila B.

" The best of all text processing programs"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word is basically the tool that I use to create all the text documents I need at work. I can do simple things like elaborate from a letter or describe a task or activity to make reports and work with a high level of complexity. Without fear of making mistakes, I can assure you that this word has become an indispensable tool for my work.

Word has a series of elements and components that allow me to determine the structure and define the writing that will have the documents in an effective way, as well as allowing the incorporation of images, effects and tables that allow the information I want to give to be understood in a more quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

One of the big mistakes that Microsoft Word presents is that often when you are working with large documents it is common that the file does not respond, the program hangs and you must close it manually and re-enter the file, running the risk of losing all the work that had advanced in advance, in addition the interface with the latest update has become a bit more complex something that before was no problem since the program was characterized by being easy to use by all types of users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a program that I recommend with closed eyes, it is a program that comes with the support of a huge company like Microsoft and that has many years in the market and I'm sure it will continue to be, maybe there are more economic programs that have similar characteristics but I'm sure none provides the same benefits as Word.

Undoubtedly Microsoft Word is one of the programs that I use most every day in the development of my working day, the program allows me to generate all kinds of text documents such as reports and highly complex works, which I can share through of the internal network or via email with not only co-workers but also customers and suppliers and work, is without a doubt a tool that is present in the day to day of my activities in the office.

Microsoft Word review by Jhonny Alberto M.
Jhonny Alberto M.

"Microsoft Word: The pioneer program in the field of text processing."

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word as indicated in the title of my review is the pioneer program in the field of text processing, I can affirm that it is the text editor par excellence and among its innumerable benefits we can find that it allows to elaborate, edit and share text documents with a extremely high quality level, always maintaining a simple and extremely intuitive interface despite the updates. To work with Microsoft Word is not necessary for people to have advanced knowledge in computers, not in vain is known as the best text editing program besides being the most popular on the planet. Microsoft Word has a base of more than 40 predesigned templates that make all office activities much easier. All those documents that are created with Microsoft Word can be shared in real time through the internal network with all employees of the company, in addition to the new versions of the program allow you to return the work after an abrupt closure or unexpected shutdown of Computer.

Microsoft Word is a program that has always been in the world's computers always helping in a great way in the performance of office activities and can be used in multiple platforms from Windows and even some versions of Linux, to this day there are versions for Windows Mobile and Android.

What do you dislike?

One of the few things that I criticize in Microsoft Word has a tendency to crash. Likewise, on repeated occasions when I have been working with quite large documents I have noticed that Microsoft Word freezes, hangs and forces manually to close the program and its subsequent reboot, a situation that almost always results in the loss of I was working and although I have my Word account set to automatically save my documents every few minutes, these restarts take away valuable time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft word is a program that I recommend blindly, its simple interface allows you to create documents of the highest level. They have been using it for several years now and I do not change it for any other program.

Microsoft Word is a program that has a lot of utilities, one of the main ones is that it allows you to send text documents that can be used for all kinds of situations such as letters, jobs, reports and the best thing is that you can then see them in other computers or even on the Internet through your email, is really very useful for the proper functioning of the activities of any company.

Microsoft Word review by Rahul M.
Rahul M.

"Microsoft Word: A Multi-Tool Word Processor"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word provides document editing and proofreading tools which enable users to customize their documents and make them more effective. Due to its collaborative features and co-authoring capabilities, working on documents is simplified. It has the ability to automatically alphabetize your References list. Turning on Track Changes gives you and your coworkers a way to make changes that are easy to spot. It allows you to effortlessly convert tables into graphs. You can write consistently accurate equations, every time. At last, It helps you to "Put your best words forward".

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike, however, it sometimes crashes once a week for an unknown reason which is irritating. Microsoft Help is also hard to use unless you know the exact words for what you are looking for to get your problem solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it to others because it has been around for years and years to help people with their writing needs. The easiest part of this software is the toolbar it provides at the top with the many different tabs which you can easily access to change. Additionally, it provides remarkable features like generate a consistently formatted table of contents and avoid mistakes.

So switch to it, I bet you won't regret it.

It helps us to avoid embarrassing mistakes in documentation. Coworkers, bosses, and clients can work on the same document; and everyone can be updated when there are changes made to a document.

Microsoft Word review by Patricia R.
Patricia R.

"Word a tool to generate efficient jobs"

What do you like best?

Word is a tool that can be used at any time in which you need to write some work, from the simplest as a letter or describe a task or activity, to the completion of reports and business presentations in companies, becoming this way in a tool of great utility for any written process that must be carried out.

It provides a series of elements and components that allow structuring and defining the writing in an effective way, as well as incorporating images, tables and any other element that speeds up and contributes to show the information in an effective way.

What do you dislike?

From my point of view one of the drawbacks that Word presents is that when the file does not respond, it hangs up and it must be closed the session of the same and when entering again the document in which the changes are being worked on made before presenting the problem have been lost, which generates delays when generating the document

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a tool very used and with ease of use for word processors. It is an application of easy use to carry out presentation of works, reports, theses, essays and others that under this application can comply with the writing guidelines necessary for its later use.

The good use and knowledge of the components that are part of this application will make it possible to obtain effective and efficient written work as a final product.

Word is the tool that I use most for my tasks and day-to-day assignments, both as a student and in the development of my working day, allowing me to generate presentations and documents that can be easily accessible and easy to use by my teachers, classmates. and work, since this tool is present in the daily use of everyone in general.

Microsoft Word review by Carlos S.
Carlos S.

" in an excellent application"

What do you like best?

is the best application that exists to make texts because it has the most complete toolbar to incertar and give you the best view of your writing, in my work it is of great help since it helps me to perform analyzes, writings, questionnaires, evaluations and another set of activities.

What do you dislike?

It is nice to work with an application where we have the freedom to insert images into your content, add tables and modify them to what you need in what you are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you use Microsoft Word because with this program you have the best option when writing texts

With this program I can write free reports about the evaluations and qualitative descriptions of the students, you can make reports and analyzes of the infrastrupture of the institution, I can freely create my evaluation instruments

Microsoft Word review by Carl M.
Carl M.

"Microsoft Word, My Rock of the Ages"

What do you like best?

Not to be sacrilegious, but I am a disciple of Word and have been for over twenty years. (It first came out in a Windows version in 1989.)

The governing interface-strip called the ribbon. It is an award-winning feature that serves a traffic cop. The interface is customizable -- here is a cheat sheet I use https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/microsoft-office/10-office-2016-defaults-you-can-change/.

There are some cool features like Smart Draw, Better Help searching, Smart Lookup, Ink Equation, better co-authoring, sharing and versioning, Speech-to-text. Great Research tools without going out of the app;ication. Integration with the cloud and other Office apps with OneDrive.

What do you dislike?

The security had been pretty bad, but I read that Microsoft has made some great strides in that area. The user experience takes some getting used to. I don't like the way Word handled unsaved files, but a least it doesn't delete them without asking you first. COmes as part of Office Suite and I primarily use Windows 10. I am having trouble look for Search and Replace shortcuts or macros to look for 's instead of proper plurals and the Macros don't do it, the ones I have tried so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has excellent CLoud product. Get the Office suite -- I pay (.99 per month

I have been using Word lately to edit a 1600-page manuscript and have not had to use other software to edit and make changes to the manuscript. Everything is here!

Microsoft Word review by Yenifer Coromoto S.
Yenifer Coromoto S.

" The first of all text processors"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word is a program that knows how to age in a very good way and with each update it improves considerably not for nothing is called by many the best word processor in the world, among the great amount of benefits that the program has found that thanks to its interface we can elaborate, edit and share documents of a very high quality level through a simple, organized and very clean platform. Anyone with minimal knowledge of computers can open and work with a document in Word, statistically it is the most popular text editing program on the planet. Word currently has a base of more than 30 templates that facilitate work exponentially. When we create a document in Word, it can be shared in real time with all our colleagues, and its latest version has an improved history that allows us to see and return to previous drafts.

Word has been maintained for many years in the computers of many companies around the world and without fear of error I can assure with total certainty that it will continue being, improved and exceeded every day, ready to be used in multiple platforms and in different operations of Windows. systems and even some versions of Linux.

What do you dislike?

I have about 10 years working with Microsoft Word, from the time I was just a student, one of the few failures that the program has is that sometimes working on a large document slowed down a bit and had to be forced to close, this type of situations almost always meant that part of the work that was being done was lost and even having the Office account synchronized so that the documents are saved automatically sometimes there were non-recoverable losses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Microsoft Word with closed eyes, not only is it a classic program that provides trust and support, but it is also the most popular text editor in the world, the first of its kind and the best, its user-friendly interface provides an ally impresindible for the organization.

Microsoft Word is a program that facilitates the visualization of the text, which allows you to have a clear idea before making the impression, it also has tools that facilitate text editing, adding text, cutting, pasting, etc. It is also compatible with a series of formats, graphics, styles, tabulations, tables, etc. which gives the program a unique flexibility. It allows to create letters, reports, research works, all kinds of documents, it is in a few words indispensable for the company.

Microsoft Word review by Jesus Alexander G.
Jesus Alexander G.

"When we talk about text editing, without a doubt we speak of Word."

What do you like best?

Word is a classic Office program, we could say that we are talking about the text editor par excellence, among its countless utilities we find that thanks to it we can elaborate, edit and share documents of a very high quality level through an interface simple and extremely intuitive. any professional with a minimum knowledge can open and work with a document in Word, it is no coincidence that it is known as the most popular text editing program on the planet. Word currently has a base of more than 40 pre-designed templates that greatly facilitate the work. Documents created in Word can be shared in real time with all employees, plus the improved version of Word's history allows us to view and return to previous drafts.

Word has been for a long time in the computers of many companies throughout the world and I can assure with total certainty that it will continue to be improved and re-powered every day ready to be used in multiple platforms, and in the different Windows operating systems and even some versions of Linux, even today there are versions for Windows Mobile and Android.

What do you dislike?

In my experience with Microsoft Word there have been many occasions in which the program working on a large document came to freeze and had to be forced to close, this type of situations almost always means that part of the work that was being done is lost and although have the Office account synchronized so that documents are saved automatically, locks are inconvenient and cause considerable time loss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Microsoft Word as I indicated in my review is not only the most popular text editor in the world but it is really the best, its widely known and easy to use interface offers a world of almost infinite possibilities to companies today.

Microsoft Word can be used to take notes, document processes, write documents, prepare surveys. One of the main benefits that this well-known text editor provides is that it allows sending text documents, which I can then see on other computers or even on the Internet through my email, something really wonderful and very helpful for the correct performance of the activities in the office.

Microsoft Word review by Mwangi W.
Mwangi W.

"Microsoft word always keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

Microsoft word is the best word processor that have been available for a long time and it is still available today. Its easy to install and use. It has more features compared to other word processors I have used and always keeps getting better. It have many personal, business and industry templates that make creating and management of documents to be easy.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft word is a great tool to create an edit documents I will keep using it and I have no complains. However, It would be better experience if it came with tutorials on new features making us discover them and know how to use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft word is the best word processing software and it would be your best selection for creating, editing and organizing personal and office documents

It is the easiest to install and use word processor available. It has so many features and It was keeps getting better.It support using document templates. which makes creating of various types of documents easily.

Microsoft Word review by Keila Nohemi B.
Keila Nohemi B.

"Microsoft Word, a classic that does not go out of style."

What do you like best?

Microsoft word is an excellent program of the office package allows you to create, edit and share your work easily and quickly. One of its biggest advantages is that anyone can open and work with a document in Word, not for nothing is considered the most popular word processor in the world. The program includes a large number of predesigned templates with which you can create more professional looking styles, as well as save time. Currently the program has a portfolio of more than 40 categories of predesigned templates. With Word, you can converse, collaborate and create shared documents in real time with the entire working group and as the members of the working group make changes and edit a document, the improved version of Word's history allows us to visualize and return to previous drafts.

Word is that being a leading program with a lot of time in the market can be installed and used on multiple platforms, whether different Windows operating systems and even some versions of Linux and today there are versions for Windows Mobile and Android.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft has admitted that its word processor Word has a security flaw that allows theft of files by entering a document with a hidden code. This is not a problem that has afflicted the company, but this fear is always present, that important information is stolen by this failure, the rest of the program works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Word is a word processor that has extensive features and functions such as formats, alignments, letter colors, letter styles, cut and paste text, change the size of letters, print, insert images, insert links or hyperlinks etc. additionally, it has predefined text formats, formats or templates that allow documents to be made in a simple and easy way without requiring great knowledge. Not for nothing is the pioneer in the field of text processors and the best of all.

Word facilitates the visualization of the text that is processed, thus allowing you to have a clear idea of ​​what will be printed, it also facilitates text editing, adding text, cutting, pasting, etc. It is also compatible with a number of formats, graphics , styles, tabulations, tables, etc. What makes it extremely flexible.

Microsoft Word review by Ramon Enrique B.
Ramon Enrique B.

"Word processor most spread around the world"

What do you like best?

I like Microsoft Word more, its simplicity and versatility when it comes to creating documents, texts, inserting images, graphics and tables. Its interface is very easy to learn and intuitive since even a basic education child can use it without any problem.In addition to having many graphics of different styles and types such as bars and three-dimensional cakes, and predetermined drawings in your library.It has something that is also important as the self-saving in case of the power goes out or the power supply is interrupted. You have the option of document recovery which is quite important to avoid the loss of data and information.Therefore it is one of the best software of the Microsoft company in my opinion.Therefore it is one of the best software of the Microsoft company in my opinion

What do you dislike?

I do not really dislike any of this software is a very complete application has many functions.It might be a bit heavy when it comes to loading RAM, but nothing great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue improving in their new versions

It is a software that brings many benefits and advantages among them, its simplicity of handling and practicality when working with it, it is very functional and has many functions and practical options such as the screen capture to insert images in the document itself that's fantastic that the other versions of the Microsoft Word 2013 did not have it.The versatility of recording different file formats and compatibility with other versions of Microsoft Word is also important.

Microsoft Word review by Caitlyn A.
Caitlyn A.

"Word, the most reliable."

What do you like best?

Having been raised to operate using Microsoft Word, I'm incredibly comfortable with this product. I know how to use it's inner tools to make the best product I could possibly put forth. It can be used for it's most simple features, or used to create more elaborate products, lists, notes, and designs. Most recently, I began to use word to make labels! Love that.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how templates can often be difficult or non-intuitive. Sometimes there's just no way to work within a template to make the bones of what you're using to cooperate. With this said, i have very little to complain about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've been using Word for your life as I have, you'll know how many wonderful things it can do with ease. However, I recommend that you always google a way to do what you've been doing, as there's likely an easier and better way to do it!

I'm solving note taking, planning, and organization of information. I am able to use word to produce my best work, and create documents my colleagues are also very thankful for. I appreciate it's ease of use.

Microsoft Word review by Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.

"Microsoft Word recommendation"

What do you like best?

It is fast and efficient, you can create tables, insert images, hyperlinks, which facilitates the work you can do, you can design your page to taste with colors, fonts, margins, you can change the language you like, do orthographic revision, very easy to do any kind of work.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft recognizes that it has a security flaw, by closing the page without saving, can not recover the changes, is limited to its ability to edit images, is limited to words in the dictionary

Recommendations to others considering the product

highly recommended, since it is easy to use and is understandable, a good interface, easy to use

It facilitates text editing, adds text, cuts, pastes, is a program that can be on all computers, with a practical and easy to use interface, you can highlight important texts, make graphics at the time of some data in numbers and percentages, statistical bars in a simple way

Microsoft Word review by Cristina R.
Cristina R.

"Documents of all kinds, anywhere, as robust as you need them to be"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word has decades of experience on the market as one of the finest word processors there are and easily the market leader for most of its lifespan.

Word allows for documents of all types as simple as basic note taking to the most robust and heavily formatted reports.

From your kid's letter to your company's advanced briefing full of tables, hyperlinks, graphics and media.

Microsoft Word allows for nearly limitless formatting letting you design the exact document you want and need; it allows exporting to other popular file types just as PDF and is available pretty much anywhere now from computers to smart devices, tablets and the like

What do you dislike?

Expensive, for as very few changes it receives with each iteration you'd expect the price would be lower but it is still a premium package.

Security concerns have been an issue in the past

It is a massive and unnecesary resource hog

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware the resources it needs to operate, consider disable auto start options.

Microsoft Word is the go to word processor we have used on every company I've ever worked for each and every document we had to create.

Microsoft Word review by Joe B.
Joe B.

"Easy to use word processor"

What do you like best?

The thing that I like best about Microsoft Word is how easy it is to use. Usually, it takes time for us to train our employees on how to use programs and systems that we use on a regular basic at work. However, because Microsoft Word is both so widely used and easy to navigate, it almost never requires us to train employees on how to use and get the most out of the program. Also, because Microsoft Word is built like the other Microsoft products - Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) our users become familiar with one program and they are able to navigate them all. This is a hugely convenient thing to our company. I also like how Microsoft Word is compatible with the other Microsoft programs. So, I am able to easy import an Excel chart that I have created into a Word document or a PowerPoint presentation. Microsoft Words ease of use and compatibility make it a great program for my company.

What do you dislike?

I have experienced that Microsoft Word has a tendency to crash. There have been numerous times when I have been working on large documents and Microsoft Word freezes and either crashes or forces you to manually force the program closed and restart it. This almost always causes me to lose some of my work. Even though I have my Word account set-up to automatically save my documents every few minutes, the crashes still set me back and are an inconvenience and waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Microsoft Word to any company that creates any type of documents. Microsoft Word is user friendly and easy to navigate. Microsoft Word allows you to customize its toolbars and setting to suite your individual needs. It is also compatible with the other Microsoft Office Suite products, making it easy to integrate documents, charts, graphs and presentations (among others).

Microsoft Word allows us to securely share documents that contain sensitive information since the program allows you to secure documents with a password. Microsoft Word also allows you to assign permissions to documents. So, I can allow people only to have access to view a document or I can grant them full editing permissions. This feature has been good for my company because we deal and pass around so many secure documents. Most of the documents require a password to be shared over email. So, Microsoft Word has helped us adhere to our security standards.

Microsoft Word review by Héctor B.
Héctor B.

"The most popular in the area"

What do you like best?

Popularity, i have to say it, the first thing that comes to my mind when i hear "text processing" is Word. Since i was a child im using Word and is the default choice of everyone. Because of that everytime im creating/editing a document i have the confidence that wherever i go i can find a Cyber Cafe, plug my pendrive and keep working. If i'm creating/editing a document for a client/familiar/friend i know that they are using Word too, so i can use the full potential of Word.

What do you dislike?

Lack of compatibility with other text editors. I struggle every time i have to migrate my documents from Word to another text editor. I feel like everything crash, all the margins and lines misconfigured, some images misplaced, etc. Sometimes i have to stay an hour just reconfiguring all again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a text editor that have a wide acceptance in the market, Word is what you looking for.

I need a standardized text editor because i wanted to do the editing/creating job just one time and not do it twice because of incompatibility issues between text editors. I found a solution with Word.

Microsoft Word review by Yaolin Z.
Yaolin Z.

"I use microsoft word for everything"

What do you like best?

Microsoft word is so versatile and is my only and definitely my go to word processing software. I have also recently discovered that it can be used to design surveys. The program comes with preloaded templates and you just modify them according to your preferences.

What do you dislike?

I have been using Word for a long time, but every few years it gets updated to a different version. I tend to dislike the updates because things move around, and it becomes more difficult to find the most common functions that I am used to. Also, the automatic formatting can sometimes get on my nerves. I may not be familiar with all of the functions available in word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that Microsoft word is probably a necessity for anybody who does any amount of writing. This is a standard software for word processing.

I use microsoft word to take notes, document processes, write papers, prepare surveys. It is a great way to stay on track and speaking of tracks, track changes are very helpful when working with coauthors on paper revisions. One benefit of having an easily accessible document system is it allows me to email word documents to myself, which I can then view on other computers or even on the Internet through my email.

Microsoft Word review by Cesar G.
Cesar G.

"Best word processor in the market"

What do you like best?

For my opinion and experience for many years, Word allows me to create, edit and share your work easily and quickly. Anyone can open and work with a document in Word. After all, it is the most popular word processor in the world.

With the templates you can create more professional looking styles, besides saving time. Explore more than 40 categories of Word templates.

With Word, you can converse, collaborate and create shared documents in real time with your work group. As members of your workgroup make changes and edit a document, the enhanced version of Word 2016's history allows you to view and revert to previous drafts.

What do you dislike?

Disadvantages are very few but what I can say word is a security flaw present in all versions of it, at present this flaw seems to be solved, but in the same way you should be careful with updates, because sometimes they are uninstalled files of interest to the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My first recommendations for business or companies would be that this word processor is the most complete and the most compatible with your .doc files can be used anywhere in the world and operating system both windows and MAC or Linux, this text processor that provides a variety of options to make reports, important documents of the company with an appropriate and elegant format. On the other hand it is a tool that we can use both in the home and company.

It supports a number of formats, graphics, styles, tabulations, tables, etc. What makes it extremely flexible.

It allows the effective handling of documents with formats for any business in the world and the greatest compatibility that exists in the world.

Microsoft Word review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Great Program for Professional Documents"

What do you like best?

The thing that I have found to like the most about Microsoft Word is its compatibility with other Microsoft programs. For example, it is easy to insert a Microsoft Word document into an Excel Spreadsheet or PowerPoint Presentation. Another feature that I fiind really convenient about Microsoft Word is that you can export documents to PDF format, making them accessible by anyone - even those people who don't have Microsoft Word. I also like the security of Microsoft Word. You can add a password to a document and assign permissions. For example, you can make it so another user can have view only permissions or give them full permission to make edits. This comes in handy when dealing with documents that contain sensitive information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how frequent Microsoft Word tends to crash! This is extremely frustrating. I have it set up so that my documents automatically save themselves every 15 minutes. However, when the program crashes, if it hasn't saved recently, I have to redo some of my work. This has taken up a lot of time. Microsoft Word also takes a long time to come back up when it crashes, adding to the frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Microsoft Word to anyone because it is easy enough to use with its basic features but has advanced features for those users who are more experienced with the product - it is a great program for users at all levels. Since it has the same basic set-up as the other Microsoft Programs (example: PowerPoint and Excel), if you know how to use one, you are easily able to navigate the other programs.

Microsoft Word is the program that my company chooses for document processing. This is because it is fast, reliable and offers a huge variety of features that allow you to create professional documents. The fact that Microsoft Word can be synced with One Note so that your documents can be accessed from anywhere via the internet, has proven to be a great benefit to my company. We can create a document using Microsoft Word, save it to the internet using our One Note account and have access to that document from any location that we are working. We can even make edits online via One Note. Before this, we would have to save documents and email them to ourselves in order to access them from a remote location and if we didn't have Microsoft Word from that remote location, we weren't even able to view the document. Since Microsoft Word has become compatible with One Note, even if we don't have Microsoft Word, we have full access to Word documents from the web. This feature saves us a lot of time and is very convenient.

Microsoft Word review by Mitchell M.
Mitchell M.

"Is there anything better?"

What do you like best?

It's very simple interface is great for any document you need to put together, but you can also get a lot more complex with it. Additionally, the ability to review and comment on other people's working using the "track changes" function is one of my favorite functions in Microsoft Word. It is an extremely powerful and complete word processing software.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the formatting automatically will change or not work as you expect and it is occasionally very difficult to figure out how to get it to work properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If purchased with the whole Microsoft Office package, this suite of programs offers a lot of flexibility, transferability and the ability to share files and work on documents at the same time as others. Microsoft Office continues to improve year after year to in terms of user-friendliness, although as mentioned earlier, it can be tough to figure out some of the formatting items. If you are going to use it primarily in its simplest form, I would recommend it 100%. If you are using it to do in-depth work and complex reports, it is still very helpful and easy to use, although formatting can be a pain.

I had a need to convey the information I had collected on a field visit and required a method of organizing it and issuing it to the client. Microsoft word allowed me to write neat and organized reports with simplicity so I could convey the condition of structures to the client.

Microsoft Word review by Luke A.
Luke A.

"Good Word Processor"

What do you like best?

There are several things that I like the most about Microsoft Word - several reasons why I choose to use this software. First of all, I like the fact that Microsoft Word is set up just like all of the other Microsoft Office products because once you know the features of and how to use and navigate one product in the Microsoft Office Suite, you are able to use all of the Microsoft products. This makes using and getting the most out of Microsoft Word's features easy to do. I also like the fact that Microsoft Word is so compatible with the other Microsoft products because it makes it easy to work with them collectively. I need to be able to insert charts and graphs in to my documents so, Microsoft Word makes it easy for me to create graphs and tables in Excel and transfer them to my Microsoft Word document.

What do you dislike?

There are only a couple of small things that I have found to dislike about Microsoft Word. One thing that I do dislike is how long it takes to save things to the Microsoft cloud. Some times, when trying to save a document to the cloud, Microsoft Word freezes all together and I end up losing a lot of the work that I have done to the document. I also dislike that when saving a document from Microsoft Word, it automatically reverts and saves it to the cloud. This can be frustrating, especially when I meant to save it to my computer. There have been several times when I thought I saved a document to my computer only not to be able to locate it later because Microsoft Word reverted and saved it to my cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Microsoft Word to any one who is familiar with the Microsoft products. Since all Microsoft products have almost the same lay out, once you know how to use one, it is easy to get the most out of all Microsoft products. Microsoft Word is a good program and even better is its compatibility with other Microsoft products. So, if you create a chart, graph or table in Excel, Microsoft Word makes it easy to transfer it to you Microsoft Word document. I definitely recommend Microsoft Word.

Microsoft Word is good because it allows you to sign in to your Microsoft Office account from any computer or device that you are using it from. This means that you have access to your files, documents and preferences no matter where you are using Microsoft Word from. This is important for my company because we are always traveling and using different computers and devices to work. If we didn't have a way to log in to our Microsoft Word account, we would have to rely on saving our documents to a disk or emailing them to ourselves in order to have access to them on the go. Microsoft Word's compatibility mode has also been a benefit to my company. Since people use different versions of Microsoft Word depending on when they made their last update to the program, not all documents appear the same. If you are using two different versions of Microsoft Word, depending on what version it is, some documents may not even open right at all. Microsoft Word's compatibility mode checks documents in order to ensure that your document will appear the way you created in no matter what version of Microsoft Word the end user is using to view the document.

Microsoft Word review by Magdaline g.
Magdaline g.

"In need of text processing program, Microsoft Word is the best solution."

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word is a text editor that allows the user to type, edit and share documents. The best thing is that it is inexpensive and very easy to use even for beginners.

Other features that really help the user are the spelling and grammar check usability.

One can also easily incorporate tables, images, clip arts and effects that make it visually attractive.

One can also add a software known as Grammarly that is very crucial for editors and ensures error free documents.

In case of abrupt power outage, one can return to the work after starting up the computer.

There is a version for both windows and android users.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes one can lose work if the computers goes off without having previously saved the work.

Resizing images into the content can sometime be very hectic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very simple to use text editor for all users.

Microsoft Word allows one to type and send several types of documents such as letters, Memos, reports and after that one can share them with colleagues through emails.

The proofreading tools also ensure that one gets to send error free documents a concept that makes one look very professional.

In addition to this, Microsoft helped me in my school project due to the tracking changes feature that allow the one to see corrections made in a certain document and therefore correct them depending on the end notes. The references also allow one to cite authors and books/ scholarly materials used for research paper.

Microsoft Word review by Katrina B.
Katrina B.

"Microsoft Word is all I use for desktop publishing!"

What do you like best?

Word has a huge amount of options available to suit the needs of most home as well as business users.

What do you dislike?

I have found the latest version to be a challenge to utilize, as so many of the toolbars and toolbar options were changed around and are sometimes hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're new to MS Word, just take your time learning how to use it. You might consider taking a course at your local community center. For returning and new users, there are plenty of youtube videos you can review, to help you through most issues. If all else fails, contact Microsoft support, as they are usually pretty helpful!

I have used Word to prepare business proposals, pleadings to present at court, lists for every day use...you name it, if you need desktop publishing, MS Word can do it for you.

Microsoft Word review by Drew A.
Drew A.

"The Word Processing Software"

What do you like best?

Simple formatting. It's so easy to make changes to documents I've created. Word also supports charts from Excel, images, and anything else I've needed to insert to make a visually attractive report. The built in templates are pretty good, and the tools to add things like columns, charts, etc are surprisingly easy to use for a word processor. This has been seriously improved in recent versions of Word. Track changes is my lifesaver when negotiating an agreement. The ability to comment on comments and mark resolved is a new feature, but one I've already utilized a number of times, and I love it. There are so many old documents saved in .doc format that Word can still open, which is a lifesaver on 20+ year old agreements. Opening the old document is so much easier than trying to export an old scanned pdf.

What do you dislike?

It's time consuming to remove old tab sets one-by-one, but I haven't found a better way. Spell check and grammar check are ok, but sometimes forget things I've added to the dictionary, and fight with me over acceptable grammar. The new brown squiggles that I think are meant to help with conciseness are ok, but annoying when contract drafting, because contracts are anything but concise at my employer. I'd like it if only the person who turns on track changes could turn it off, so that the original drafter can see all changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start slow, and definitely poke around the menus and tabs. You'll find all kinds of ways to customize your documents. There are a slew of additional templates online for anything you'd need.

I use it for all of my word processing, from report writing to contract drafting to RFP document generation to label making to resumes.

Microsoft Word review by Michelle H.
Michelle H.

"Microsoft Word is great for everyday documents "

What do you like best?

It's great for everyday documents and templates. It's great for simple reports, newsletters, certificates, lengthy reports and adding bookmarks and footnotes. It's easy to use and cost effective. Headers, footers and all tools are easy to navigate and everything is pretty familiar.

What do you dislike?

It's somewhat difficult to set the margins and page bookmarks at times. It's really annoying to set the pages on a document. You attempt to set the first page differently or odd even pages different and doesn't always work. Also, I do not like the page borders, they are basic and boring. There needs to be better and updated page borders and nice designs that you don't need to download from the Microsoft website. Also, the certificate templates the website offers for free are not that great. Also, depending what version of Word staff and others have, sometimes documents are unable to open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch free YouTube and Microsoft tutorials and download free Microsoft certificates, templates, etc that are available.

I am able to create basic reports, templates, add bookmarks, easily edit documents and view others edits and comments. You are able to turn documents easily into a pdf which is super convenient for our Board and Committee reports.

Microsoft Word review by Liam W.
Liam W.

"Microsoft Word is a fantastic word processor with great functionality."

What do you like best?

I would say the best thing about MS Word is its ability to make even the most unprofessional of people appear professional in their communication or presentation.

Its referencing utility is so convenient and hassle free (which is amazingly useful for my university dissertations and business uses alike) and the fact that it will generate a bibliography for you is absolutely outstanding. This may seem like a strangely specific point to include, but believe me, the pain and hassle the bibliography generating feature has saved me is insane.

The newly improved graphing feature is also a god send, as in the past it was better to go to excel to create a graph and then port it to Word; now Word incorporates some of Excels software (not sure how it works, forgive the lack of tech Jargon) to make Word have just as good a graphing utility as excel does.

Little things like that also show that the developers are constantly looking for ways to improve their products; even if it just means borrowing from one of its brothers.

What do you dislike?

It can't be purchased standalone and comes as a package with the other MS toolkits. Many people use only word and thus can't justify buying the whole package, so whilst for me this isn't an issue (I use them all) I imagine this to be a turn off for some.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look no further, this is the best.

It has made word processing and report generating a professional looking breeze.

"Track those changes!"

What do you like best?

I do a lot of technical writing for work and the biggest functionality I work with when using Word, is the Track Changes and add comments. I love being able to see the collaboration between myself and the developers. I know they all have word so it's the easiest product to use when I need feedback or changes from a colleague. Being able to see the time, date, and the name of who made changes to my word doc, is great. It makes it easier to go back to that person with more questions if I have any.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about using this software.

I create documentation, tutorials, and status reports. I use Microsoft Word when I know that the person in the other end does not have any other specific documentation management software. Word is great because it's easy to use and I can create templates for new technical writers. I'm able to give new colleagues, a template of what our documentation style workflow looks like and all they have to do is fill in the blanks.

Microsoft Word review by Samuel L.
Samuel L.

"Great Word Processing Software"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word has been my choice for creating documents since as far back as I can remember. What I like best about Microsoft Word is that it continually makes advances to its features in order to keep up with the latest trends and needs. New features are regularly added to Microsoft Word, as well as enhanced compatibility with other programs and applications. I also like that Microsoft Word allows you to export a document to a number of different file formats - from exporting to a PDF document, to numerous picture files, you can export your document as necessary. I also like the versatility and features that Microsoft Word has when it comes to working with images within a document. From removing the background from an image to working with an images color scheme, Microsoft Word gives you many image formatting option which often comes in handy when creating a document.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things that I dislike about Microsoft Word. I do always find myself thinking that the eyedropper color tool would come in handy as a feature in Microsoft Word. The eyedropper allows you to pick a color that is anywhere in a document and duplicate it without know the exact color codes. This would be extremely valuable when creating certain types of documents where the exact colors you are using are important. I also dislike Microsoft Word's tendency to freeze out of nowhere and have to be restarted or automatically restarts in the middle of working with a document. This happens too often and can be quite a setback when it does occur.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I

Microsoft Word allows us to know use one program to do the work of what would have taken several programs to create. Microsoft Word allows us not only to work with and edit word documents but also with images within those documents - something that we would have previously had to use a separate program to do. Since Microsoft Word has so many image editing/enhancing features and options, it is a huge time saver and allows for versatile and quality documents.

Microsoft Word review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Microsoft Word: It's the standard for a reason"

What do you like best?

I've used a lot of different word processing software, and MS Word just does more, better. It's never been that user friendly, but it has such an enormous capacity to do all sorts of things, I think spending the time to really learn to use it is worth it.

What do you dislike?

MS Word is hard to use. It has a million hidden tricks that you only know if somebody teaches you. It can also be a terrible pain to try to import and export to/from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that anybody who is going to have to do much word processing for their job go ahead and take a MS Word class and get really familiar with the software and what it can do. When you're comfortable with it, MS Word isn't hard to use and can be a very important tool.

We use MS Word for all of our document creation, from internal stuff to customer facing documents. Most things end up being PDFs, but they start in Word.

Microsoft Word review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"The Original and Versatile Document Software"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word allows individuals to build documents for all types of platforms. Whether typing a business proposal, creating handouts, or organizing agenda items, Microsoft is the easiest technology to use. One of the best features is the ability to customize and create a product or essay exactly to the standards required. Everything can be modified or changed, whether it be font size, alignment of text, line spacing, or margin width, Microsoft Word fits anyone's needs.

What do you dislike?

Templates are often sorely outdated and it can be much easier to start from scratch than try to modify on that is already made. To make documents rich in visual effects and fonts can be difficult as Microsoft Word is not designed to be a graphic design program and its functions are more limited. Expect to be somewhat frustrated if you attempt to use it for this type of feature in terms or editing and modifying text and pictures to look like a well-designed poster or marketing materials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the comment features included in Microsoft Word. This is an incredibly useful feedback tool that is used in the professional world. This feature allows a colleague to highlight portions of the document and offer changes or suggestions to improve the content or organization and flow of the piece. This eliminates having to send back a document with changes trying to find what changes were made or having to provide comments separate from the document and try to figure as to what part of the content they are referring to. This feature simplifies the process and allows for efficient and quick editing.

We are effectively able to launch events and business meetings through creations from Microsoft Word that are easy to understand and follow, as well as are organized and visually appealing. Microsoft

Microsoft Word review by AMY M.
AMY M.

"Microsoft Word Awesome Review"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Microsoft Word is to use, how many functions it has, and how easy it is to style e-books, documents, manuscripts, and other types of text.

What do you dislike?

There are always a few quirks that if it happens, I don't always know how to fix it, but I easily look online for instructions and Microsoft always comes through for me with their detailed instructions on my issue and then I can easily correct whatever I've done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Microsoft Word to anyone needing to create letters, documents, manuscripts, etc. It is user-friendly and allows documents to be of professional quality.

Microsoft Word is fantastic for my copywriting business allowing me to create landing pages, sales emails, web content, articles, blogs, e-books, e-newsletters, special reports, and much more. I also use it to create manuscripts for my novels that I publish. Everything turns out professional quality.

Microsoft Word review by User

" Program for the edition of documents and office automation tool"

What do you like best?

Without a doubt, MS Word is the best document processor today. As a specialist in the IT area and a professor of higher education in the area of ​​computer science, the sending of professional and efficient documents is the order of the day. MS Word, allows me to make all communications in a competitive format and with a high professional level. The tools for editing format and editing images are the tools that I like the most. Also, the integration that allows the application with tools in the cloud to edit documents in real time are totally competitive and efficient. Another characteristic that I like is the possibility of executing electronic calculation sheets such as MS Excel, from the editing of my documents. Not only allows me to edit formats but also allows you to interact with other applications of the MS Office family

What do you dislike?

Actually, there are very few MS Word things that I do not like. However, I believe that the integration of file editors in PDF format should be improved in order to centralize the editing of my documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to the community the use of MS Word as part of their office tools for the editing, development and design of their documents

With MS Word I can edit my documents with a professional look and high quality. The communications with my clients and students, become more professional and effective thanks to this Microsoft tool

Microsoft Word review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Microsoft Word is better than ever!"

What do you like best?

I have loved Microsoft Word for years. But our firm used to be on the WordPerfect platform. However, in recent years, we have learned that Microsoft Word is more in line with our client's needs. We are in the process of switching over all remaining systems to Microsoft Word as it is easier to use, more efficient, has better updates, and is much more functional.

What do you dislike?

Cost has increased a bit for the Microsoft Office Suite package -- which makes it more costly to license our office, but the improvements are vast.

Clients seem much more comfortable using and accessing drafts in Microsoft Word format (or in PDF which I can use in Microsoft's conversion option). Word is also easier for many of our staff to learn and use as it is more intuitive and user friendly than WordPerfect seems to be.

Microsoft Word review by Jose Alejandro  C.
Jose Alejandro C.

"Word is the perfect solution for writing and making documents."

What do you like best?

This has been my software for creating documents and doing writings for many years, is has many options, it is totally customizable and is always getting better in any new version, you can use it to integrate pictures, links. Can be used as daily software, and for professional reporting documents.

What do you dislike?

This software has an bad point, in any new versions that microsoft realease, they keep hidding it features, everytime is harder to find the things and features that in last version was there in first page, you have to do a search to see where is it now. It becomes very slow, takes me time to find it and i don't like it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think is one of the most used software for text editing and report creations, it is fully customizable and you can do almost anything on it, is it used in multiple platforms, i do use it almost all the time on my android cellphone, because i can't have my laptop with me all the time, but i do read documents and give answer to my boss on time.

I use this software daily, i'm a support consultant and i do administrate and check everyday many systems, so if there is an issue, i do an report with microsoft word, that includes pictures and specifications of the problem, so my team mates or my boss can check, not only with their desktop app, they can see it online, or in their cellphones.

Microsoft Word review by Yelitza S.
Yelitza S.

"It´s the best Program to make my projects"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word is the best program for the elaboration of works and projects.

It has a variety of very useful tools such as: Many types of letters, color palette, you can insert images and edit them, save documents in other text formats.

What do you dislike?

I have been working with Microsoft Word for about 15 years, since I was a student, one of the faults that the program has is that sometimes the work in a large document is pasted to the program and it has to be closed due to obligation, this caused many times the work already realized to be lost and had to start again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using Microsoft Word closed eyes because it has a high range of tools very useful for all kinds of work whether school or office. Word adapts to all our needs and is very easy to use, and each tool plays an important role. That is why I recommend that each user perform a Microsoft Word course to learn how to use all functions such as text fonts, page background, footer, page format, tables, graphics, images, automatic spelling revision, insertion of equations and symbols.

With Microsoft Word I have been able to do all my work since I was in school, then in college and now in my work every day I use it and I recommend it to everyone for its ease of use and elegance in all its tools

Microsoft Word review by Callie S.
Callie S.

"An outstandingly diverse and capable program, but lacks some major updates to modern design"

What do you like best?

The robust styles that can be implemented into various page designs and layouts, which allows for expanded creativity. The expanded file & cloud sharing capabilities allow for streamlined deployment of work to multiple platforms. Support for third-party plugins, additional font and community designs is a major upgrade from previous editions.

What do you dislike?

Word could use better cross-compatibility with other file types, especially across other word processing platforms, office suites, and operating systems. OSX & web-based support is slower than the native Windows environment, which hinders abilities in work situations requiring more than one OS. Printing requires greater adjustment than should be normal, as the GUI interface doesn't necessarily reflect the actual printed output. Control of page layout margins are less than ideal, especially with unlabeled sidebars that cannot be changed through the application's visual layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep the software package updated via the MS Office auto-update ability. MS is always pushing updates to the suite, while improving functionality and security. Use custom layout options, both in Word and in Windows to customize the application's look & feel to suite your tastes and workflow. Utilize the mobile app to streamline work on the go, while also syncing up documents to a MS OneDrive account or other cloud service to allow for more dynamic workflow.

Large scale inventory tracking, new product presentation, and dynamic marketing design. Benefits include seamless implantation across all MS Office products, and other Windows applications. New community designs and layouts allow for greater flexibility for marketing and presentation.

Microsoft Word review by Robbie H.
Robbie H.

"MS Word is fast easy and reliable "

What do you like best?

the simplicity and easy to use GUI makes accessing the tools and features a breeze, even for intermediate users the software can be easily navigated.

What do you dislike?

some features that were in previous releases have been disconnected or merged into lesser options

Recommendations to others considering the product

support is not the best as it is Microsoft and response times are often the quickest

version control is easy and backwards comparability is very good

we use the auto text and quick parts option for a our staff to bring a quality of standardization across our estate

the macros and templates also make life easier and uniform for all users

Microsoft Word review by Amanda G.
Amanda G.

"Microsoft Word"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly. It is great to use for letter writing, reports, lesson plans, and etc. I love the different tabs on the top of the screen to choose from. I like that you can insert pictures, draw pictures, insert graphs, and other items on the word document. I like to change the font size, color, and style. I like that you can add comments to a paper by using the review tab and clicking on "new comment". This tool is great for teachers to use when they are reviewing or grading students' papers. This was a great tool to use when I was writing papers during college.

What do you dislike?

At the moment there is nothing that I dislike about microsoft word because it is so easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Word is very user friendly. I enjoy using it when I need to type a paper, letter, or create a test for my students. The different tabs are easy to use. It's easy to add in pictures or other things if needed. I like to use the undo arrow button if I make a mistake. I have used Microsoft word a long time especially during my college years and have very minimal problems with it. I like to use the review button to check my spelling and grammar.

It is great to use if I need to type a word document and to save on my computer. Previously I used Microsoft word to type my lesson plans and save them easily on my computer.

Microsoft Word review by User in Higher Education

"The best and only word processor you need"

What do you like best?

Microsoft word has been the leader in word processing for as long as I have been using a computer. It has a great dictionary for spell check and it is very easy to add new words. The grammar detection is also getting better each version.

What do you dislike?

There are times that spell check does not know what word I am trying to spell. I will copy and paste it directly into google and it will know right away the correct spelling. They also subtly alter where certain commands are in the tool bar between versions and finding them again can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If possible buy a version of MS word not is not Office 365. Paying yearly for word is unneeded since each version, very little is added and will work for almost all of your needs.

MS word allows me to write my protocols, papers, notes, and everything else in an easy to use application. The files are then small enough to email around to other people who need to read what was written and edit it themselves. With track changes, manuscripts can be edited my multiple people easily.

Microsoft Word review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"The most feature-rich Office application out there"

What do you like best?

The numerous features: styles and formatting, page formatting, text formatting (columns), fine-grained customization (which Google Docs lacks), and ability to export documents into numerous other formats, like PDFs.

What do you dislike?

The tracking of sections in a document is a bit unintuitive, hard to track/manage figures like you can with LaTeX.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford a basic Microsoft Office subscription and find yourself needing a professional, feature-rich office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), deciding to get Microsoft Word is a no-brainer. The free alternatives just can't compare.

Microsoft Word's strengths are ease of use, support for wide range of documents and templates, and the fact that it's an offline application (for sensitive internal documents). Almost everyone knows how to use Word when they enter the workforce so it is the de-facto standard for word processors, even though its capabilities still far surpass those of its competition.

Microsoft Word review by Tabitha R.
Tabitha R.

"I love Microsoft word"

What do you like best?

I love creating all letters and documents in Microsoft word because everything I need to make it as professional as possible. Its really easy to navigate being that I use it on a daily basis they really make it user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints at this time

I have all my notes and important work documents saved to word for easy access if I need to get to something really quick I'm not looking all over the place I know exactly where it is.

Microsoft Word review by Christin W.
Christin W.

"So classic. So much better."

What do you like best?

I love this program. Where to start? Everything is pretty easy. I love the ease of cutting, pasting, and copying. I love the ease of editing. The new and improved Spell Check is super easy to use, margins can be adjusted to any size you need, fonts can look like anything you want them to and in any size. Adding pictures, images, or illustrations is a snap. Changing margin size, spacing, text size, font style, or even document type is a breeze. Cutting, copying, and pasting couldn't be simpler. Very intuitive and super easy to learn. Great for documents, labels, and so much more. A must have for any business or home.

What do you dislike?

The latest version of Word automatically chooses a font style, double spacing, and font size. If you don't like the way it looks or something, after you change it don't hit delete too many times or try to jump around the page too much or it will go back to the default settings and you will have to fix it again. It can also 'forget' you set different font styles or text sizes if you hit return too many times. Also, Spell/Grammar Check is not always correct. Sometimes it takes a dot (.) as a period and tries to auto-correct by capitalizing the next word. It also does not recognize all words and will argue with you in spite of the word actually being in the dictionary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So easy to use. Start slow and before you know it you will be cranking out anything you need in no time flat. Remember that anything can be fixed in your document and your imagination is the only thing holding you back from a beautiful finished product. Great for kids and adults.

This program is great because we can create invoices, contracts, waivers, and any other document I may need. It is also good for creating labels for mailing or storage.

Microsoft Word review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"In Depth Document Creation Comes With Challenges"

What do you like best?

Word is very powerful, and you can pretty much generate documents exactly how you imagine them. With the whole MS office package, integrating Excel or other MS products into the Word documents is also very easy.

What do you dislike?

Due to it's flexibility, it can become quite frustrating to format everything to due what you want it to do. Additionally, once successfully formatted, there is no guarantee that you will be able to repeat the same type of formatting later, or copy and paste it. Different versions of Word will format differently, so compatibility between old files and new programs can sometimes be an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When opening older files through the new MS Word versions you can 'ugrade' the compatibility of the old file within the file menu. This will convert the file to the new format, which may prevent readability issues on the file. However, the reformatting may mean some of the old formatting within the file may change, so the files should be proof-read after upgrading.

We are able to generate detailed proposals with graphics, tables, images, etc., within Word, giving us a professional looking product for our customers. By generating templates within Word we are able to reduce our workload significantly. Integration of MS Excel tables into the Word documents is helpful to show complex tables to customers within the proposal format.

Microsoft Word review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Favorite Word Processor "

What do you like best?

What I like best about Microsoft Word is the fact that the Mac and PC versions are basically the same. At my last job, we had a company computer which was a PC. I recently got a mac and am still using Microsoft word a lot. At first I thought I thought the interface would be different, but I'm glad it is roughly the same.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the track editing changes don't work very well for me. The application has trouble switching between reading mode and editing mode. Also when I try to open somebody else's edits, it only allows me to read, vs. adding another layer of edits with another color.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are switching from something else, take some time to learn all the buttons before fully starting a word doc. It will help a lot in the future.

I am always typing up documents to clients. Besides that, it is great that Word has the editing function we can use for our interns. It is always nice to show the edits vs. correcting it directly it on the page and saving over it.

Microsoft Word review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Best Document Tool"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of things I like about Microsoft Word, but what I do appreciate is the grammar spelling check. It is nice to know that when you are typing a super long document that will be PDF and sent to everybody on the team, you can double check your mistakes by simply looking for the red squiggly line.

What do you dislike?

I remember when the Microsoft Office Suite was just a flat pay out, but now they have it so that you are paying a monthly subscription. This might be beneficial to some people, but I only own 1 laptop and wouldn't mind just going back to the old days where you buy key cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple program that is used to type of documents, Microsoft Word is the one! I don't even know what other alternative you would want to use since Word is so universal.

I am constantly typing up documents and making proposals with Microsoft Word. The grammar and spelling check keeps me confident in sending out documents in absolute certainty that nothing is spelled wrong. Other benefits I have realized is that everybody uses Word, so there isn't a conflict in opening the files.

Microsoft Word review by User

"MS Word is a Great Online or Offline Document Creator"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality and versatility of Microsoft Word. It allows for documents to be created either online or offline; it provides templates; allows for changes and revisions to be tracked; and overall is a reliable word processing software. It makes revision tasks easy with its track changes interface, with multiple options to view changes. When the revisions are complete, the end user can accept all changes, reject all changes, or go through line-by-line. It's a great way to edit documents, even in a collaborative setting.

What do you dislike?

The equation editor is a bit tedious to use, especially if you do not yet have commonly used equations stored; however, this is a problem that will affect a very small subset of users. I wish MS Word would auto-save at regular intervals even offline, but perhaps that's something that the team will integrate in the future. Lastly, image insertion can be rather tricky to get right; the formatting is usually messed up immediately afterwards, and I'd say that it's not the most intuitive process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Word is my go-to word processing software. With its offline and online functionality, it provides me with the flexibility I need to accomplish a myriad of tasks. From the classroom to the lab, for assignments, applications, reports, calendars, or memos, MS Word is the perfect tool for document creation.

I use Microsoft Word for a variety of research-based and academic tasks. Everything from laboratory reports, academic papers, and review articles to assignments and summary statements - all handled seamlessly by MS Word!

Microsoft Word review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Microsoft Word-The Easiest writing program for anyone to use"

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word is a program that you start learning at an early age in school but they dont really get into the short cuts and fun parts of the program. There are SOOOO many really great features in the program that you could use. Like Pie charts and short cuts and ways to really fine tune using it to make creating documents go faster. I like everything that is embedded into Microsoft to really make a basic document look like you spent hours making it look top notch, but really you spent a 1/3 of the time.

What do you dislike?

I dont dislike a single thing about Microsoft word. The only thing that makes it a little hard is when the program gets updated and things move around a little bit and it is a little bit of a learning curve. That happens with every single product on the market though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think as long as you can type, Microsoft word is the right program for you. It is easy to use and easy to put great pieces of writting together in one place. It is simple, you can place text boxes, images, and pie charts in the same place and more. Use this program! Also..Dont use a mac based program as many people cannot open it on their computer unless they also have a mac.

We use Word for anything from Job Announcements to Thank you letters to congratulations announcements. I use it often for training documents as well as it is often the most common form on every computer. .

Learning about Microsoft Word?

* We monitor all Microsoft Word reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.