Microsoft Word

Polished documents, anytime, anywhere, on all of your devices

Work for Microsoft Word?
Pdfelement 2x

Learning about Microsoft Word?

Microsoft Word Reviews

Showing 236 Microsoft Word reviews
Microsoft Word review by <span>Keila Nohemi B.</span>
Keila Nohemi B.

Microsoft Word, a classic that does not go out of style.

What do you like best?

Microsoft word is an excellent program of the office package allows you to create, edit and share your work easily and quickly. One of its biggest advantages is that anyone can open and work with a document in Word, not for nothing is considered the most popular word processor in the world. The program includes a large number of predesigned templates with which you can create more professional looking styles, as well as save time. Currently the program has a portfolio of more than 40 categories of predesigned templates. With Word, you can converse, collaborate and create shared documents in real time with the entire working group and as the members of the working group make changes and edit a document, the improved version of Word's history allows us to visualize and return to previous drafts.

Word is that being a leading program with a lot of time in the market can be installed and used on multiple platforms, whether different Windows operating systems and even some versions of Linux and today there are versions for Windows Mobile and Android.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft has admitted that its word processor Word has a security flaw that allows theft of files by entering a document with a hidden code. This is not a problem that has afflicted the company, but this fear is always present, that important information is stolen by this failure, the rest of the program works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft Word is a word processor that has extensive features and functions such as formats, alignments, letter colors, letter styles, cut and paste text, change the size of letters, print, insert images, insert links or hyperlinks etc. additionally, it has predefined text formats, formats or templates that allow documents to be made in a simple and easy way without requiring great knowledge. Not for nothing is the pioneer in the field of text processors and the best of all.

Word facilitates the visualization of the text that is processed, thus allowing you to have a clear idea of ​​what will be printed, it also facilitates text editing, adding text, cutting, pasting, etc. It is also compatible with a number of formats, graphics , styles, tabulations, tables, etc. What makes it extremely flexible.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word review by <span>Jennifer L.</span>
Jennifer L.

Microsoft Word recommendation

What do you like best?

It is fast and efficient, you can create tables, insert images, hyperlinks, which facilitates the work you can do, you can design your page to taste with colors, fonts, margins, you can change the language you like, do orthographic revision, very easy to do any kind of work.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft recognizes that it has a security flaw, by closing the page without saving, can not recover the changes, is limited to its ability to edit images, is limited to words in the dictionary

Recommendations to others considering the product

highly recommended, since it is easy to use and is understandable, a good interface, easy to use

It facilitates text editing, adds text, cuts, pastes, is a program that can be on all computers, with a practical and easy to use interface, you can highlight important texts, make graphics at the time of some data in numbers and percentages, statistical bars in a simple way

What Document Creation solution do you use?

Microsoft Word review by <span>Cristina R.</span>
Cristina R.

Documents of all kinds, anywhere, as robust as you need them to be

What do you like best?

Microsoft Word has decades of experience on the market as one of the finest word processors there are and easily the market leader for most of its lifespan.

Word allows for documents of all types as simple as basic note taking to the most robust and heavily formatted reports.

From your kid's letter to your company's advanced briefing full of tables, hyperlinks, graphics and media.

Microsoft Word allows for nearly limitless formatting letting you design the exact document you want and need; it allows exporting to other popular file types just as PDF and is available pretty much anywhere now from computers to smart devices, tablets and the like

What do you dislike?

Expensive, for as very few changes it receives with each iteration you'd expect the price would be lower but it is still a premium package.

Security concerns have been an issue in the past

It is a massive and unnecesary resource hog

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware the resources it needs to operate, consider disable auto start options.

Microsoft Word is the go to word processor we have used on every company I've ever worked for each and every document we had to create.

Microsoft Word review by <span>Joe B.</span>
Joe B.

Easy to use word processor

What do you like best?

The thing that I like best about Microsoft Word is how easy it is to use. Usually, it takes time for us to train our employees on how to use programs and systems that we use on a regular basic at work. However, because Microsoft Word is both so widely used and easy to navigate, it almost never requires us to train employees on how to use and get the most out of the program. Also, because Microsoft Word is built like the other Microsoft products - Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) our users become familiar with one program and they are able to navigate them all. This is a hugely convenient thing to our company. I also like how Microsoft Word is compatible with the other Microsoft programs. So, I am able to easy import an Excel chart that I have created into a Word document or a PowerPoint presentation. Microsoft Words ease of use and compatibility make it a great program for my company.

What do you dislike?

I have experienced that Microsoft Word has a tendency to crash. There have been numerous times when I have been working on large documents and Microsoft Word freezes and either crashes or forces you to manually force the program closed and restart it. This almost always causes me to lose some of my work. Even though I have my Word account set-up to automatically save my documents every few minutes, the crashes still set me back and are an inconvenience and waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Microsoft Word to any company that creates any type of documents. Microsoft Word is user friendly and easy to navigate. Microsoft Word allows you to customize its toolbars and setting to suite your individual needs. It is also compatible with the other Microsoft Office Suite products, making it easy to integrate documents, charts, graphs and presentations (among others).

Microsoft Word allows us to securely share documents that contain sensitive information since the program allows you to secure documents with a password. Microsoft Word also allows you to assign permissions to documents. So, I can allow people only to have access to view a document or I can grant them full editing permissions. This feature has been good for my company because we deal and pass around so many secure documents. Most of the documents require a password to be shared over email. So, Microsoft Word has helped us adhere to our security standards.

Microsoft Word review by <span>Héctor B.</span>
Héctor B.

The most popular in the area

What do you like best?

Popularity, i have to say it, the first thing that comes to my mind when i hear "text processing" is Word. Since i was a child im using Word and is the default choice of everyone. Because of that everytime im creating/editing a document i have the confidence that wherever i go i can find a Cyber Cafe, plug my pendrive and keep working. If i'm creating/editing a document for a client/familiar/friend i know that they are using Word too, so i can use the full potential of Word.

What do you dislike?

Lack of compatibility with other text editors. I struggle every time i have to migrate my documents from Word to another text editor. I feel like everything crash, all the margins and lines misconfigured, some images misplaced, etc. Sometimes i have to stay an hour just reconfiguring all again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a text editor that have a wide acceptance in the market, Word is what you looking for.

I need a standardized text editor because i wanted to do the editing/creating job just one time and not do it twice because of incompatibility issues between text editors. I found a solution with Word.

Microsoft Word review by <span>Yaolin Z.</span>
Yaolin Z.

I use microsoft word for everything

What do you like best?

Microsoft word is so versatile and is my only and definitely my go to word processing software. I have also recently discovered that it can be used to design surveys. The program comes with preloaded templates and you just modify them according to your preferences.

What do you dislike?

I have been using Word for a long time, but every few years it gets updated to a different version. I tend to dislike the updates because things move around, and it becomes more difficult to find the most common functions that I am used to. Also, the automatic formatting can sometimes get on my nerves. I may not be familiar with all of the functions available in word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that Microsoft word is probably a necessity for anybody who does any amount of writing. This is a standard software for word processing.

I use microsoft word to take notes, document processes, write papers, prepare surveys. It is a great way to stay on track and speaking of tracks, track changes are very helpful when working with coauthors on paper revisions. One benefit of having an easily accessible document system is it allows me to email word documents to myself, which I can then view on other computers or even on the Internet through my email.

Learning about Microsoft Word?

* We monitor all Microsoft Word reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.