What is the future of CAD and what purpose does it serve in a world where projects are adopting full BIM workflows? Learn how MicroStation can take you beyond CAD and help your organization incrementally adopt advanced workflows to speed 3D modeling and design, improve project collaboration and accelerate drawing production for infrastructure projects of any type of scale.
MicroStation’s advanced parametric 3D modeling capabilities enable infrastructure professionals of any discipline to collaborate on and deliver projects of any scale and complexity. Your team can aggregate their work on MicroStation, including designs and models created with Bentley’s discipline specific modeling applications. As a result, you can create comprehensive, multi-discipline BIM models, documentation, and other deliverables. MicroStation and all Bentley BIM applications are built on the same comprehensive modeling platform. You therefore can easily progress your MicroStation work into discipline specific workflows with Bentley’s design and analytical modeling applications. With this flexibility, each member of your project team has exactly the right application for the work they need to do.
MicroStation is unique from other CAD applications in offering the following advantages to its users:
1) Reliably supports any scale and complexity of project and creation of drawings, models and visualizations by any size distributed project teams,
2) Enables design within the context of precise existing conditions with support for raster imagery, point clouds and 3D phototextured reality meshes,
3) Automatic and precise integration of geospatial data in a wide range of formats and coordinate systems
4) Integrated workflows to produce deliverables from 3D models and any embedded properties like BIM data,
5) Comprehensive support for integration of an unmatched range of CAD, BIM and GIS file formats like DWG, DGN and SHP,
6) Robust integrated workflows for meshes, solids and surfaces along with a built-in constraints system to ensure design intent.