The MicroStrategy platform offers a complete set of business intelligence and analytics capabilities that enable organizations of any size or maturity to get value from their business data. Organizations use MicroStrategy to build and deploy analytical and data discovery applications in the form of personalized reports, real-time dashboards, pixel-perfect documents, mobile applications, and more. These applications can be accessed and shared across Web, Desktop, and Mobile interfaces.
- Visualizations, charts, and graphs for data discovery: MicroStrategy comes with a large, flexible, and easily extensible library of interactive graphs, advanced visualizations, and maps that make it easy to understand and interpret information.
- Pixel-perfect reports and dashboards: With MicroStrategy organizations can create personalized dashboards and reports for every employee and deploy them via web, desktop, tablet, or smartphone. MicroStrategy offers real-time analytics, custom branding, automated distribution and delivery, and enables companies to embed dashboards into custom portals or other business applications.
- Heterogenous data access: MicroStrategy offers native connectors and drivers to hundreds of data sources that include personal spreadsheets, relational databases, cloud applications like Salesforce, MDX sources, and many more. Users can easily blend and consume data from across any of these sources without enlisting the help of IT.
- Data preparation: Our native data wrangling feature empowers business users to reformat and modify their data with an extensive set of parsing and data preparation capabilities.
- Predictive analytics and R models: MicroStrategy provides an extensive library of native analytical functions and scoring algorithms, alongside the ability to integrate with 3rd-party and open-source statistical and data mining products like R, SPSS, and SAS.
- Mobile analytics: MicroStrategy lets you instantly deploy BI to any mobile device. Mobilize your workforce with transaction enabled apps, offline access, and customizable workflows that can be built into mobile productivity apps for iOS and Android.
The MicroStrategy platform is made up of five component products:
- Desktop: A free, single-user data discovery tool that lets users quickly connect to, explore, and visualize data on either Mac or PC.
- Web: A highly interactive, browser-based interface that allows business users to design, consume, and analyze reports and dashboards.
- Mobile: A native app for iOS and Android that allows users to access analytics and mobile BI apps from any mobile device.
- Architect: A set of development and migration tools that allow IT to architect data models, automate processes, and manage MicroStrategy applications.
- Server: A fully-featured server infrastructure designed to support all styles of analytics, scale to hundreds of thousands of users, and offer sub-second performance.
MicroStrategy elegantly combines the ease-of-use of self-service visual data discovery with the security, scalability, and governance features of production-grade business intelligence. This best-of-both-worlds approach bridges the gap between fast, beautiful, interactive visual analytics and powerful, large-scale production business intelligence.