What do you like best?
Mie Trak is very user-friendly and intuitive. The user interface is done so open screens are tabbed. This helps make it very clean even if you have several tabs open. Other ERP's I have used seem to require a separate window every time, cluttering the desktop. The ability to use "canned" comments that can still be modified is another great feature. The customer service has been really great. Submitting questions online is easy and most of the time we get a response fairly quickly. The reps truly seem to want to help us use Mie Trak as its intended.
Key features that are awesome (plenty more, too many to list):
-RMA/ Corrective Action module is set up to use 5Why's for root cause.
-Dashboard App that runs separately from Mie Trak is very helpful to view quick status of operations in real time.
- Kiosk is extremely easy to use and train entry-level operators on its use.
- Start Screen that is configurable for individual users to see important info right away (Tasks, ECR's, messages....ect..)
What do you dislike?
- Overall cost for small business who is growing and needs to add licenses.
- Raw material must be received using a full seat, hogging up the precious few licenses on hand (Would like to see floor operators receive material straight into inventory using Kiosk.)
- The maintenance module does not have user-friendly as the rest of the system.
- The training module requires you to add training on an individual basis. (Does not have class/ training grouping)
- No module for calibration of inspection tooling.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Have reasonable expectations. If you have a question or concern, the technical support team has been very good. Be sure to actually use Mie Trak as much as possible. Don't pay for Pro but only use a small portion. Do extensive research on how many active seats you expect to be using at a given time, otherwise, you will always have folks asking if they can get on.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We have been using Mie Trak for several years, and have generally been happy with it. In the last year, it was decided that since we have paid for what is advertised as the "the only ERP you will ever need", we should actually start using Mie Trak for what is advertised instead of just the bare basics.
We have been slowly learning the full capability (and inevitable bugs I see with all systems) of Mie Trak. Although there are some modules we have yet to utilize such as scheduling, the WO tracking, quoting, CRM, RMA, and other modules have dramatically impacted how efficient we are as a business.