Mikogo

3.3

Mikogo is a free screen sharing solution with built-in VoIP for online meetings, web presentations, web conferencing and sales demos.

Work for Mikogo?

Learning about Mikogo?

Mikogo Reviews

Ask Mikogo a Question
Showing 15 Mikogo reviews
Mikogo review by Kenny B.
Kenny B.

"Easy Remote Access"

What do you like best?

There is no need to install something on the remote computer. Just have the other person go to a webpage, type in a code, and you can connect to their screen. It allows for help to be given to people around the world, from one location.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little cumbersome, but it gets the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a small piece of software, that can allow you to remotely control other computers that have an internet connection. There is no need to actually install the software, it can be ran from within a browser.

Allows me to help people who are not regular clients. It gives me a quick, easy way to connect into computers, both Windows and Mac, and give them support as needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mikogo
Mikogo review by Nicholas  M.
Nicholas M.

"A neutral, easy to remote join screen sharing platform"

What do you like best?

For a small to medium sized firm (say no more than 150-200 employees), with a limited clientele outreach, Mikogo is a great choice to share screens. Great for business collaboration, video conferencing, and both with minimal lag time.

What do you dislike?

For the limited amount of extra features, that could have been added (I.e. volume mods), the subscription prices seem a bit steep. Joint ID’s for session not always recognized properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t have much to compare to, but has suited well so far for web conferencing and screen collaboration needs.

We’re able to effectively and quickly work within and with clients on business tasks; connecting in a quick manner with minimal lag usually considering the amount of users.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Mikogo review by Nathaniel L.
Nathaniel L.

"Great software. A+ for Remote Support, Sales Demos (to +20 customers at the same time). No install!"

What do you like best?

First no install. Second easy to use for secure network environments. Ease of use to great. Pass control from customer to you with ease. Great to use with customers that have very little computer understanding. You can show them almost anything and how to use it.

What do you dislike?

Some time there is a little lag but expected in a non-install web biased system. AKA Lag happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you have clueless persons in remote places.

Good to support especially clueless end users.

Mikogo review by Swetha P.
Swetha P.

"Quicker & Handy Software"

What do you like best?

It is very quick and I can use it to connect to my clients instantly. The good part is I can ask my client to connect to my system with just a few clicks and none of client has experienced any trouble. It was always easy. Heard about the new scheduler and recording features. Yet to try it though.

What do you dislike?

As of now, none. But I never knew about the new features. Got to know about it when I happened to visit Mikogo website. I am not sure whether I received any mail about it. But would be great if I am notified about the new features as and when it releases.

Mainly connecting my clients. I am able to connect my clients at anytime without much of wait.

Mikogo review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Best of both worlds"

What do you like best?

Security standards are high to ensure the safety of your shared information. Which is so important

What do you dislike?

It is standard to have to purchase the premium packahe to be able to get a larger number of users. And also when i had to do the registration it was not clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your a bit techie to be able.to install this. But also keep in mond ota very safe

I can remotely access more than one device at the same time. Its time efficient

Mikogo review by Tony K.
Tony K.

"Does the job but other better software available."

What do you like best?

The program is fairly intuitive and has the functions necessary for a typical web conferencing program.

What do you dislike?

User interface looks outdated and it is not the most intuitive. Other software such as Webex is easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend Mikogo. Other software such as Webex is more intuitive.

I have used Mikogo for web conferencing between my colleagues to discuss work related issues.

Mikogo review by Jenya Rose, EA, T.
Jenya Rose, EA, T.

"Easiest Online Conferencing Software!"

What do you like best?

I love Mikogo. My business is mostly virtual. Since I started using it my clients are thrilled that they can review their tax returns, seeing what I see, instead of just over the phone. I've also conducted financial meetings and walked clients through proposals. There are too many great infographics these days to miss out on your client seeing what you want to show them. But my favorite thing is that it's so easy! My clients don't have to install anything, just press "Run" and we're good to go.

I also do VOIP conference calls with colleagues. We can look at various people's screens so that's very helpful. My business couldn't live without Mikogo!

What do you dislike?

No downside whatsoever! Now that you can record with the audio it's magic!

It has solved the problem of not connecting with my virtual clients as much as I do with my live clients. Some local people have gone virtual just because it's so convenient.

Mikogo review by Fran M.
Fran M.

"Bad tool for conferences. "

What do you like best?

Mikogo is a tool that is designed to share calls in group conferences. Growing platform.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing. There are other simpler applications that offer better quality in use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not waste time in the installation. It is a poor tool. Look for other alternatives.

With this tool you do not solve anything. It is wasting time.

Mikogo review by Derek R.
Derek R.

"I use Mikogo for remote screen sharing and collaboration"

What do you like best?

It works. Our remotely distributed team uses Skype for video conferencing. Skype's screen sharing didn't work for everybody. Mikogo does. It's clean, simple, and reliable. The pointer is handy too.

What do you dislike?

Just started using this software. Don't have any complaints yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth trying to see if it meets you needs. They have a free trial.

Screen sharing for demos, debugging, and collaboration among remote employees.

Mikogo review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Works well for screensharing"

What do you like best?

1) Ease of Screensharing with multiple people

2) UI is not clunky and easy to use

3) Annotation during screen sharing

What do you dislike?

1) Audio voice quality is not great (echo issues)

2) Inviting others to for screen sharing is not clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the audio quality is bad, try using skype in parallel.

We have multiple teams across different locations. We use screen sharing in Mikogo for our meetings. It's really useful while debugging with a peer.

Mikogo review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"I dont like this product"

What do you like best?

I dont like anything about this productt

What do you dislike?

Ever since day 1 I have never like this product. It has a steep learning curve, user layout sucks

I dont think this program would benefit anyone

Mikogo review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Not a unique value add"

What do you like best?

Controlling a colleague's screen remotely was helpful but not that useful in the end.

What do you dislike?

While controlling someone else's screen was nice, it did not add enough value to warrant paying for an additional tool on top of video conferences tools like Zoom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide if it's functionality add enough value to justify the additional tool and the additional onboarding needed by your team to use it.

Managing a highly dispersed team.

Mikogo review by Frantz L.
Frantz L.

"One of the best remote tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use from anywhere and very fast connectivity

What do you dislike?

The fact that it is so simple, there is nothing to dislike

Easy to help remote users in a test environment

Mikogo review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Screen sharing software with multiple features"

What do you like best?

Very easy to process remote control and share files during screen sharing

What do you dislike?

The user interface could improve so it would be easier to navigate through different functions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software that improves the productivity during meeting time.

It helps sharing screen information during the meetings. The benefits include simplifying the software we need during the meeting such as sharing screen, sharing files and switching the presenters.

Mikogo review by Alac C.
Alac C.

"Crew meetings"

What do you like best?

Not having to go into office for meetings

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the app freezes when were having meetings

Recommendations to others considering the product

Push notifications could be helpful

Stay updated with co workers

Learning about Mikogo?

* We monitor all Mikogo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.