Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

MileIQ

3.8
(16 reviews)

MileIQ provides automatic mileage tracking for deductions and expenses. Whether you're a self-employed worker looking for a mileage deduction or a large company that wants to get a handle on mileage expenses reports, MileIQ is automatic, easy and accurate.

Work for MileIQ?

Learning about MileIQ?

MileIQ Reviews

Ask MileIQ a Question
Showing 16 MileIQ reviews
View Original

"Best Way to Track Expense Miles"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MileIQ
MileIQ review by Lisa T.
Lisa T.

"Great for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

As a contractor for a small marketing business, I need a simple way to keep up with my business mileage. MileIQ does just that. It's easy to use and makes reporting for my taxes a breeze. Downloading reports rocks! It's more than I expected and you can't beat the price - I use the free version :).

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing I dislike is that sometimes it shuts off and I don't realize it so I might miss some miles. But even this is okay because I can add a trip when needed. Most of the time, it is a lifesaver. Something I don't even have to think about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it - you won't regret it. This app has made my account much easier. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to keep up with their mileage. I especially like the ability to download to excel. Awesome!

MileIQ takes care of my business issues and helps me to stay on track with mileage with no problems. I highly recommend it!

What Mileage Tracking solution do you use?

MileIQ review by Krisel N.
Krisel N.

"A Simple Tool for Self-Employed Individuals On-The-Go"

What do you like best?

This app accurately records each trip. Upon trip completion, it allows the user to classify the trip as "Business" or "Personal" with a simple swipe. Reliable and user-friendly, I recommend to all my self-employed colleagues who want to save time especially during tax season.

What do you dislike?

As convenient as the app is, its features are maximized by allowing access to your device's location at all times. This may be concerning to those who are very mindful about privacy and security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your device location on at all times and MileIQ will not miss a trip. Ensure your device has other security features in place (e.g. password) to maintain a higher level of security.

The app can generates monthly reports for easy download, thereby saving time and energy when analyzing how cost-effective daily operations are.

MileIQ review by Mónica J.
Mónica J.

"Great way to keep track of car expenses for tax purposes"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to use and very responsive. It recognizes all of the trips and it is very easy to determine personal and work trips. It automaticaly calculates the tax deductions and it is an excellent tool for anybody that has to drive fro work related reasons on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to make sure that the route is correct. It has happened to me a couple of times that I have made a quick stop and that kind of threw off a couple . Other than that I think the app has great features, some that I don't know how to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to track your car expenses, especially if you are self-employed, MileIQ is a great way to keep a log of all your trips and determine which ones were personal and which ones were work related. It gives you a clear report of your expenses and a clear estimate of how much could be deducted from your taxes.

As I share a car with my husbad, we need to make sure to separate business related trips form personal trips to be able to file our taxes properly and get the most deductions without mixing information, getting confused and always having a record.

MileIQ review by Jaimie D.
Jaimie D.

"A user friendly mileage tracking app that is efficient and works"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use -- it's easy to designate which type of trip you are taking (swipe one way for business and the other for personal) and there are options to create custom categories as well. The app calculates automatically and although I used it as an app on my phone, I can also easily pull it up on my desktop at work to reference my trips.

What do you dislike?

Some of my shorter trips (if I only drove a mile or so) were missed by the app. In the grand scheme, a mile or two isn't much but they do add up over time. But it's a small price to pay for the other pros of the ap.

Prior to MileIQ I had to record all my business trips using an Excel form. While it was easy-ish to use, it was tedious and annoying to have to transfer/upload all my trip info into my spreadsheet. With this app, everything can be done in one place so I am not able to utilize my time at work more efficiently.

MileIQ review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Amazing solution for those who drive for work!"

What do you like best?

It’s incredibly accurate and never had it miss a drive. The mileage is always correct, auto-classifies drives are spot on, and the tracking makes tax time so easy.

What do you dislike?

The cost is a bit high when there are similar free products. I also wish it could guess locations or streets via Google Maps rather than just telling me the city.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t forget to stay on filing your drives or it can be overwhelming if you drive a lot in general. It will track every drive no matter what so it can be a lot to sort through, even for someone like me who primarily works from home.

I have completely erased the need to keep track of driving for work. My phone does it 100% for me. This saves me incredible amounts of time when it comes time to do my taxes and helps me determine exactly how much I drive for work.

MileIQ review by Kyleigh W.
Kyleigh W.

"Convenient Software"

What do you like best?

I love that this software is made into an app and able to use on my phone. It is very user friendly and saves a lot of time on the backend logging miles spent driving for work.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to add in drives through mapping out the route so that if you forget to open the app it will still track it with the other logins and can be all recorded in one place.

Saving time I can use elsewhere and it gives the benefit of being more efficient and effective or tracking miles. It becomes more accurate as well.

MileIQ review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Mileiq mileage tracking"

What do you like best?

The app is simple to install, setup, and use. If you drive multiple vehicles, it's easy to tell the app to switch to a different vehicle when you classify your drives. Merely swiping left or right classifies your drives as business or personal miles. You can also identify a location name in your drives, and it will remember that location name the next time you drive to that end-point. It prints a very concise report showing business and personal miles by location and date/time.

What do you dislike?

There is some discrepancy in location identification. If you make a short drive from location A to location B (I believe it's an eighth-of-a-mile), it does not recognize that you made a drive. There is not a manual way to 'stop a drive' or to 'start a drive', you merely rely on its capability to get GPS readings.

Also, we've experienced a false condition regularly: i.e. a trip to the office from home is considered personal miles. If you quickly leave the office to a customer site, it should then be categorized as business miles. If your delay between that stop time and the start time is very short, 'a few minutes', the system does not recognize that it is to be considered as two drives. Another case where you need to be able to manually stop and/or start drives.

There is a way to create 'drives' through the dashboard, but it is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium includes a license for the user to use MileIQ Premium as well!

The ability to track business and personal miles automatically vs. having our employees keep manual time sheets is a great advantage and, even considering the few shortcomings, it is still more accurate!

MileIQ review by Olivia Z.
Olivia Z.

"Could be better"

What do you like best?

I do like that it tracks miles for our employees. Yet often times it has ALOT of glitches reported from employees of not working,

What do you dislike?

would be nice to have a feature that lets the employer pull reports rather than having each individual send them in

Recommendations to others considering the product

uprgrading software to ensure effectiveness of miles tracked. start/ stop feature vs always recording when driving. confusing to go back and classify drives

reimbursing for miles

MileIQ review by User

"Easier than logging odometer readings..."

What do you like best?

I really like the automatic starting and ending point capture feature of the app. It works very well, with only occasional errors in data points. It's also easier to classify drives between personal and business.

What do you dislike?

I've found it difficult to manually add new drives to the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One one problem with MileIQ is that I had a technical error on my account that caused the reporting function of the app to fail. This problem affected my ability to submit a monthly trip reimbursement report for about one and a half months. I submitted several technical support requests but MileIQ had very poor support and was very slow in fixing this feature. I was very frustrated by this experience.

Logging business drives for trip reimbursement. This saves me a lot of time.

MileIQ review by Tyler W.
Tyler W.

"Great app, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to track and organize my business drives.

What do you dislike?

It tracks every single drive you make, so if you forget to check the app for a day or two, it can be overwhelming going through all of your drives. But that’s just the nature of this kind of app

It’s very easy to track my business miles. What was once a tedious task is now pretty much done for me

MileIQ review by User

"I set up MileIQ and it tracks my business mile when I forget to."

What do you like best?

I like the ability to track mileage on every vehicle I travel in.

What do you dislike?

The app also keeps track of my cycling milage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you don't want to spend a lot of time getting up and running

Even when I forget to keep track when things are hectic, my travel miles are not forgotten. I don't have to recreate trips from memory.

MileIQ review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Super Easy and Efficient way to Track your Mileage!"

What do you like best?

I like how the app runs in the background and you essentially don't have to do anything to keep it running!

What do you dislike?

I disliked the constant alerts...But I'm sure there is a spot in settings where you can adjust!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a must when it comes to easily and effectively tracking your mileage!

I was able to solve the problem of tracking mileage!!! Seemed like I would forget every time I hopped into the car for anything business related! The benefits are excellent when it comes to filing taxes as self employed!

MileIQ review by User

"Easy automatic mile tracking "

What do you like best?

My favorite thing is the app automatically tracking trips so I don’t forget to record them.

What do you dislike?

They only give you 40 trips on the free version.

Peace of mind knowing I’m getting all my miles logged and not missing anything.

MileIQ review by Allyson L.
Allyson L.

"Hard to Remember to Use It"

What do you like best?

I like that it's an app and that should make it easier to use.

What do you dislike?

I never remember to use it! Is there a feature to trigger reminders?

Billing mileage for work travel.

MileIQ review by User in Computer Software

"We were frustrated with Mile IQ"

What do you like best?

I didn't personally use it but a lot of our C level executives got it for a bit and were not pleased.

What do you dislike?

They claimed that it was hard to log miles and that its integration into Apple products was very hard to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on their pricing cause I know that it got hard for our Execs to understand it!

Mileage Tracking

Learning about MileIQ?

* We monitor all MileIQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
MileIQ