Mimecast Email Continuity

Mimecast Email Continuity delivers always-on, seamless email availability through automatic service failover and failback in near real-time during an email outage.

Work for Mimecast Email Continuity?

Learning about Mimecast Email Continuity?

Categories

Compare Mimecast Email Continuity to Similar Solutions

Mimecast Email Continuity Reviews

Ask Mimecast Email Continuity a Question
Showing 24 Mimecast Email Continuity reviews
Mimecast Email Continuity review by John C.
John C.

"Mimecast"

What do you like best?

There is not much if anything that I don't like. What I like best is the outlook plug-in, and its ability to quickly tag email to be blocked or marked as spam

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. I suppose if I have to put something here it would be the email notifications that items have been flagged. This isn't a bad thing, and they will eventually level out, but initially, it's a lot.

There are a few that get addressed. The extra layer of security for Ransomware is one of the main benefits. We also get a bit of the impersonation scams that this solution eliminates. The email continuity component address an issue of potential email outages. Last the archiving portion or journaling. This allows us to never to have to worry about taking up valuable backup space. Mimecast captures all email to and from an account and keeps it for 99 years. Far longer than I will have to worry about.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mimecast Email Continuity
Mimecast Email Continuity review by User

"Not good for e-mail"

What do you like best?

It scans e-mails and lets you know if files are deemed safe.

What do you dislike?

Mimecast is my least favorite software our company has purchased. When installing it in your e-mail, it causes all links to first go through their server and then your webpage loads (causing a long stall). You have to register your various devices and browsers each time you use it, so if you are a private browser user, you must register every time. Even if you aren't, occasionally, it forgets your device so you must go through the process again. This alone makes this software unusable for me.

The attachment scanning portion is ok. I'm more concerned that folks aren't able to tell if something is a phishing scam; while they have gotten more sophisticated, perhaps training your company instead of installing prohibiting software is the way to go. It also doesn't actually catch the scams, it simply scans your files, so not really preventing your employees from clicking on anything malicious. (And again, this should be prevented with training and common sense).

I also dislike that they "hold" e-mails for you. Each morning, you get a digest that gives you your held e-mails; when the software was first implemented, it was holding e-mails that were important! Eventually, as you release and permit different senders, it won't hold them anymore, but you do have to tell it to do this. There may be a portal, but I don't have access to this so am unaware.

Our company was concerned with security.

What Email solution do you use?

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Cathalina R.
Cathalina R.

"Better safe than sorry "

What do you like best?

Mimecast maintains my inbox clear and safe from spam, phishing, and unnecessary promotional emails that are not related to work. I no longer have to worry about those unsolicited emails that just pile up in your inbox and could be a real threat for your organization.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it blocks secured emails but I rather have an extra layer of protection, specially with nowadays hackers' techniques.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and log into, Mimecast does a great job keeping your personal and company data safe. It is worth it to have an extra layer of protection, specially when you are sending sensitive/confidential data via email.

A clean inbox and a lower risk to have information leaks due to unsafe emails. I can simply go to my emails knowing that they will be from colleagues, clients, and prospects.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Mimecast serves as way to save time and filter the messages that I need to see... efficiently!"

What do you like best?

Mimecast has multiple views: the digest email that is delivered to my inbox and the list view of all messages that are caught up. It's a no-frills tool that makes it easy for me to view - in a snapshot - what is being sent to me.

What do you dislike?

It would be preferable if Mimecast would send me messages more frequently to show me that some were caught up. The Personal Portal page could use a facelift to easily search through messages from the past when they aren't recent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to clarify to your firm how they'll interact with Mimecast as it's something that IT sets up and then forgets about. Learning how to release messages permanently from Mimecast is central to how it is used and might be overlooked when everyone receives it on their enterprise computers.

We are able to keep teammates on task as they will not receive superfluous messages to their workstreams while at work.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Ashton B.
Ashton B.

"Absolutely do not make the samew mistake we did"

What do you like best?

Nothing. All this product does is cause headaches, and not prevent any infiltration. Their tech support is not knowledgeable in the slightest manor, and will not assist when they make the mistake.

What do you dislike?

We have been infiltrated through our email 3 times in a week after Mimecast tech support set up our policies to prevent this. We signed a 3 year contract, with all of the continuity, and archiving. Please save yourself, and do not make the same mistake we did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy Barracuda

We have been infiltrated 3 times sense switching to Mimecast, and BARRACUDA ALWAYS PREVENTED THESE.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by James M.
James M.

"Great add-on to your email"

What do you like best?

Cloud based solution that enabled 100% uptime of my critical business tool, as well as AV scanning, full archive and URl protection (as we have hte full package)

What do you dislike?

Costs each year fluctuate which makes budgeting a little annoying and URL protection isnt 100% sorted yet due to the nature of spam campaigns using PDFs and embedded URLs that it doesnt currently scan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the full package as it adds a level of protection that office365 simply falls short of.

Email continuity and archiving was the critical aspect that we wanted to resolve with this solution. It was implemented pre migration to office365 and was setup as a means to ensure a seamless transition to the new platform which it did well.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Jonas D.
Jonas D.

"A fantastic email archive solution that also provides continuity"

What do you like best?

Now that we've been using Mimecast for over a year I would have to say that the things I like best are that fact that users can now restore and search for any past email without having to come to the IT department, this frees up time for IT and more importantly allows the users to retrieve the archived email much quicker. The other big thing is email continuity, When our Exchange server went down months ago the Mimecast Outlook plugin we have installed company wide detected the failed connection to the local server and jumped into action by connecting directly to Mimecast and pulling down copies of the email in queue. After Exchange came backup Mimecast delivered the queued messages to Exchange and the Outlook plugins where smart enough to tell the Outlook clients not to re-pull the messages it already. Other than a few people noticing a pop-up in Outlook telling them that they are now in continuity mode operations continued as normal. Our next Exchange upgrade will be to an All-In-One Exchange server, I'm not installing two Client Access Servers and Multiple Database Servers anymore, there is not need be cause we have the continuity through Mimecast now...

What do you dislike?

There are people in our company that love to keep hundreds of folder in their inbox being super-organized with projects and customers. I find that the way that these employees have used Outlook has caused them to not be so open to what Mimecast has to provide. I say that because althought Mimecast replicates the folders within people's Outlook to that in the Archive, for easy searching, It does not remove folders (BECAUSE IT"S AN ARCHIVE SOLUTION! Sorry , was talking to the users there....) Mimecast archive keeps every folder that create in Outlook, it stays in the Archive forever (well,...retention policy). Of course it does this for email but folders to......To me, no big deal at all - I don't care if my folder structure in the my Archive does not match that of my Outlook. When I use Mimecast I used the email search feature because I'm looking for email, not worrying about folders.... I'm elaborating on this because it's been a battle to get the stubborn super-organized users to accept it but in the realm of things this is a small, small, small.... "issue".

Recommendations to others considering the product

The setup process takes some time but there are engineers that step you along.

The biggest part of implementing is gathering of all the PST files and sending them to Mimecast to be ingested.

Email retrieval - It's in the EU's hand now.

Email Archive - We don't have to keep large volumes attached to Exchange, it keeps the Databases small, and the servers running much better.

Email retention - we dictate how long we want to keep email for and now have the ability to hand legal holds much more easily (A really big sell point for some)

Email continuity - Outlook Plug-in will bypass Exchange and go straight to Mimecast if neeed, The Mimecast Web Portal is always available, and there is a secure mobile app to get email on the go. Unless Mimecast is down there is not a scenario where employees can't get their email.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Jon S.
Jon S.

"Email filters are a necessary evil"

What do you like best?

The benefit to Mimecast is simple: Security! It keeps us protected from most bad emails that can be an IT guy's nightmare.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there has been serious grumblings amongst our users just because it is more work to get all the emails... but the benefits of this outweigh the cost for sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GREAT for MS 365 - but expect more time with GSuite

Mimecase drastically reduced the number of phishing and virus emails that got into our network.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Mimecast is a solid application that always performs"

What do you like best?

I rely on Mimecast on a daily basis to manage email archiving and held and quarantined emails.

What do you dislike?

I actually have no complaints about Mimecast. The user interface is intuitive and it does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mimecast provides an intuitive user interface and a robust dashboard. Make sure your Administrators are well trained in its use, and the application will deliver. The dashboard reports on inbound and outbound email queues, email holds, Exchange service, total email traffic, etc. .

Specifically, we use Mimecast to manage emails that are sent automatically from our ERP system, as well as to hold emails that fail SPF, etc.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Justin H.
Justin H.

"Mimecast keeps the inbox safe!"

What do you like best?

Best filtering application out there. Mimecast keeps your inbox free of spam and nasty virus filled emails waiting to steal your identity and consume your personal information like a python devouring a mouse. The application works well with Outlook and runs seamlessly in the background.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Mimecast forgets what is good and what is bad. The filters sometimes catch things that shouldn't get caught in the filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Will require help from your tech support to get setup, is not for the layman.

Mimecast keeps our work emails safe, it has kept our data from being breached.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Mimecast Review"

What do you like best?

Works well once setup. The system is good and gives us a lot of control. Reporting is good. Cloud based for continuity.

What do you dislike?

Customer support can be challenging at times, they have some really good techs, and some that make you feel as you are bugging them when you call. Some of the navigation is clunky, but they just did an upgrade to the interface and it flows better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware of tech support. There are a few good ones, but most of my interactions has been less than wonderful.

We needed an email filter and reviewed several providers. This works better than our previous system, way less spam get through.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"Mimecast spam protection"

What do you like best?

Outstanding spam protection. Immediately had a huge impact on our environment. Saved us bandwidth by being hosted in the cloud. Tech support is fantastic. Always north American support and they are very helpful in explaining what the problem is. They will show you how to setup and configure rules etc. Lots of features (for a price), such as DLP, large file attachment, encryption. We only use the spam portion, but may be adding on the DLP protection in the near future for sensitive documents in e-mails. They help you implement from start to finish. After about 2 weeks we had all settings optimal and I honestly rarely have to touch it. White list etc. can be managed by users either a web console or by an Outlook plug-in drastically cuts down on help desk calls for stuff getting caught or stuff that needs to be blocked.

What do you dislike?

They can be a bit pricy compared to other vendors. I was able to work them down with several calls and comparison quotes from other company, so don't ever just go off the first price they give you. I cut them down to almost half the first price they quoted me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may pay a little more than other services, but it is well worth it. Less management. It just works. 6 months and never an outage or issue on their end.

Blocking Spam and Phishing attempts. Does a fantastic job of keeping this stuff off of our network. Bandwidth improvements on our network. Reporting features finding out how many incoming and outgoing messages. Who the top senders and receivers are etc.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Adrian P.
Adrian P.

"Reliable and iron-clad solution for maintaining a archive email solution"

What do you like best?

Like the fact that we have been able to integrate this into our move to Office365. We now have the best of both worlds.

What do you dislike?

Having to go through a channel partner for changes. I don't understand why we cannot deal directly with Mimecast, it would make for a much better overall experience

Archiving and business continuity for communications

Mimecast Email Continuity review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"VP Relationship Development"

What do you like best?

The ability to permanently block spam or just release one email at a time.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it automatically routes you to a website that then causes you to have to then go back into your email again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Mimecast. It successfully eliminated SPAM and groups together emails to avoid clutter.

SPAM email is no longer an issue with mimecast

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Executive Sponsor in Publishing
Executive Sponsor in Publishing

"I love me some Mimecast"

What do you like best?

security options for scanning bad attachments, customizations, forensic work

What do you dislike?

outlook plugin needs some work and web interface is not the most intuitive. I feel I have to call support too often.

email continuity, security.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"MIMECAST is a game changer "

What do you like best?

We just started using MIMECAST to send files which require a secure platform or are very large.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet encountered anything about MIMECAST which I do not care for.

I have used to send PowerPoint decks with embedded video which were too large for ourent server to accommodate. I also use for personal contracting and tax documents.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by G2 Crowd User in Public Relations and Communications
G2 Crowd User in Public Relations and Communications

"Good, Not Great"

What do you like best?

Effective at blocking unwanted emails. Easy to send large files.

What do you dislike?

Tends to block emails from known senders. Can't see/open emails older than 3 months.

We use it for email protection, which it has been effective at doing.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Anthony E.
Anthony E.

"email backup and continuity whilst offline"

What do you like best?

The service, reliability and assurance. When your email exchange server is offline (updates, upgrades, failure or you simply lose the internet at our hosting site, we can be sure Mimecast is catching our email! This has cut our spam/virus's and spoofing emails. It also allows us to send and recieve emails "offline" using the outlook plugin!

What do you dislike?

As an IT manager I find I have to train users to use the additional features, thankfully I am in most part able to link per recorded instructional videos.

loss of emails on managed exchange solution, this product can save your job, literally.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Comprehensive email backup service"

What do you like best?

The product offers a backup of emails that can be accessed remotely via the web interface.

The search functionality is better than that offered in Outlook

What do you dislike?

The web interface has improved immensely since I first started using the product, however I still feel it could be improved.

End to end solution for email archive and backup

Mimecast Email Continuity review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Easy to filter through email"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the software. easy to access.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about Mimecast I dislike

The ability to filter emails.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"MimeCast is worth it."

What do you like best?

I like that there are not a bunch of steps to permit an email

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it can take hours to receive a notice

Not allowing spam emails to go through

Mimecast Email Continuity review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Executive Director"

What do you like best?

Mimecast is easy to use. WE have had it for several years.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a "blip" in the software but that is normal for every system

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company has had great success with Mimecast. I would recommend it

uses with our softward

Mimecast Email Continuity review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Mimecast"

What do you like best?

Learns the emails that you want to receive

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when releasing an email I'm worried that I will not get it

Time on going thru unwanted emails

Mimecast Email Continuity review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Mimecast"

What do you like best?

The auto blocking and filtering, spam control.

What do you dislike?

The delay in getting emails or notified that something is blocked. The overhead

Less network storage, eliminated local archiving

Learning about Mimecast Email Continuity?

* We monitor all Mimecast Email Continuity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories