Mimecast Email Continuity

Mimecast Email Continuity delivers always-on, seamless email availability through automatic service failover and failback in near real-time during an email outage.

Work for Mimecast Email Continuity?
Ibmnotes email  2x

Learning about Mimecast Email Continuity?

Categories

Compare Mimecast Email Continuity to Similar Solutions

Mimecast Email Continuity Reviews

Ask Mimecast Email Continuity a Question
Showing 22 Mimecast Email Continuity reviews
Mimecast Email Continuity review by <span>John C.</span>
John C.

Mimecast

What do you like best?

There is not much if anything that I don't like. What I like best is the outlook plug-in, and its ability to quickly tag email to be blocked or marked as spam

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike. I suppose if I have to put something here it would be the email notifications that items have been flagged. This isn't a bad thing, and they will eventually level out, but initially, it's a lot.

There are a few that get addressed. The extra layer of security for Ransomware is one of the main benefits. We also get a bit of the impersonation scams that this solution eliminates. The email continuity component address an issue of potential email outages. Last the archiving portion or journaling. This allows us to never to have to worry about taking up valuable backup space. Mimecast captures all email to and from an account and keeps it for 99 years. Far longer than I will have to worry about.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mimecast Email Continuity
Mimecast Email Continuity review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

Mimecast serves as way to save time and filter the messages that I need to see... efficiently!

What do you like best?

Mimecast has multiple views: the digest email that is delivered to my inbox and the list view of all messages that are caught up. It's a no-frills tool that makes it easy for me to view - in a snapshot - what is being sent to me.

What do you dislike?

It would be preferable if Mimecast would send me messages more frequently to show me that some were caught up. The Personal Portal page could use a facelift to easily search through messages from the past when they aren't recent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to clarify to your firm how they'll interact with Mimecast as it's something that IT sets up and then forgets about. Learning how to release messages permanently from Mimecast is central to how it is used and might be overlooked when everyone receives it on their enterprise computers.

We are able to keep teammates on task as they will not receive superfluous messages to their workstreams while at work.

What Email solution do you use?

Mimecast Email Continuity review by <span>Ashton B.</span>
Ashton B.

Absolutely do not make the samew mistake we did

What do you like best?

Nothing. All this product does is cause headaches, and not prevent any infiltration. Their tech support is not knowledgeable in the slightest manor, and will not assist when they make the mistake.

What do you dislike?

We have been infiltrated through our email 3 times in a week after Mimecast tech support set up our policies to prevent this. We signed a 3 year contract, with all of the continuity, and archiving. Please save yourself, and do not make the same mistake we did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy Barracuda

We have been infiltrated 3 times sense switching to Mimecast, and BARRACUDA ALWAYS PREVENTED THESE.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by <span>James M.</span>
James M.

Great add-on to your email

What do you like best?

Cloud based solution that enabled 100% uptime of my critical business tool, as well as AV scanning, full archive and URl protection (as we have hte full package)

What do you dislike?

Costs each year fluctuate which makes budgeting a little annoying and URL protection isnt 100% sorted yet due to the nature of spam campaigns using PDFs and embedded URLs that it doesnt currently scan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the full package as it adds a level of protection that office365 simply falls short of.

Email continuity and archiving was the critical aspect that we wanted to resolve with this solution. It was implemented pre migration to office365 and was setup as a means to ensure a seamless transition to the new platform which it did well.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by <span>Jonas D.</span>
Jonas D.

A fantastic email archive solution that also provides continuity

What do you like best?

Now that we've been using Mimecast for over a year I would have to say that the things I like best are that fact that users can now restore and search for any past email without having to come to the IT department, this frees up time for IT and more importantly allows the users to retrieve the archived email much quicker. The other big thing is email continuity, When our Exchange server went down months ago the Mimecast Outlook plugin we have installed company wide detected the failed connection to the local server and jumped into action by connecting directly to Mimecast and pulling down copies of the email in queue. After Exchange came backup Mimecast delivered the queued messages to Exchange and the Outlook plugins where smart enough to tell the Outlook clients not to re-pull the messages it already. Other than a few people noticing a pop-up in Outlook telling them that they are now in continuity mode operations continued as normal. Our next Exchange upgrade will be to an All-In-One Exchange server, I'm not installing two Client Access Servers and Multiple Database Servers anymore, there is not need be cause we have the continuity through Mimecast now...

What do you dislike?

There are people in our company that love to keep hundreds of folder in their inbox being super-organized with projects and customers. I find that the way that these employees have used Outlook has caused them to not be so open to what Mimecast has to provide. I say that because althought Mimecast replicates the folders within people's Outlook to that in the Archive, for easy searching, It does not remove folders (BECAUSE IT"S AN ARCHIVE SOLUTION! Sorry , was talking to the users there....) Mimecast archive keeps every folder that create in Outlook, it stays in the Archive forever (well,...retention policy). Of course it does this for email but folders to......To me, no big deal at all - I don't care if my folder structure in the my Archive does not match that of my Outlook. When I use Mimecast I used the email search feature because I'm looking for email, not worrying about folders.... I'm elaborating on this because it's been a battle to get the stubborn super-organized users to accept it but in the realm of things this is a small, small, small.... "issue".

Recommendations to others considering the product

The setup process takes some time but there are engineers that step you along.

The biggest part of implementing is gathering of all the PST files and sending them to Mimecast to be ingested.

Email retrieval - It's in the EU's hand now.

Email Archive - We don't have to keep large volumes attached to Exchange, it keeps the Databases small, and the servers running much better.

Email retention - we dictate how long we want to keep email for and now have the ability to hand legal holds much more easily (A really big sell point for some)

Email continuity - Outlook Plug-in will bypass Exchange and go straight to Mimecast if neeed, The Mimecast Web Portal is always available, and there is a secure mobile app to get email on the go. Unless Mimecast is down there is not a scenario where employees can't get their email.

Mimecast Email Continuity review by <span>Jon S.</span>
Jon S.

Email filters are a necessary evil

What do you like best?

The benefit to Mimecast is simple: Security! It keeps us protected from most bad emails that can be an IT guy's nightmare.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there has been serious grumblings amongst our users just because it is more work to get all the emails... but the benefits of this outweigh the cost for sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GREAT for MS 365 - but expect more time with GSuite

Mimecase drastically reduced the number of phishing and virus emails that got into our network.

Learning about Mimecast Email Continuity?

* We monitor all Mimecast Email Continuity reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories