MINDBODY

Business management software for health, wellness and beauty industry

Work for MINDBODY?

Learning about MINDBODY?

MINDBODY Reviews

Ask MINDBODY a Question
Showing 113 MINDBODY reviews
MINDBODY review by <span>Terri F.</span>
Terri F.

"How to increase your profitability "

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the ease of setting up the reoccurring revenue via auto pay monthly membership contracts. The other two powerful resources I use are the automated emails, retention/re-engage email marketing, and all the reporting capabilities. The day to day use of class check-in, retail sales, client account management are all features I like.

What do you dislike?

Like any partnership, there are always imperfections and areas of improvement. If I could wave a magic wand and all my wishes were granted, then this is what I would wish: a more robust set of auto email options, more content for the retention and re-engage emails, more functionality related to inventory

the ability of change contract start dates after the contract has been activated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage with them, learn how to fully leverage this powerful software, after min. 6 months use, sign up for a MINDBODY University Session, you'll learn how to use not only the software better, but how to run your business better. With proven strategies, up to date data analysis and market research.

Client retention, increase in membership sales. 1st year of use 50% growth, last two years 20% growth.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MINDBODY
MINDBODY review by <span>Maddy B.</span>
Maddy B.

"I don’t know how we’d track all our class attendance without MBO. "

What do you like best?

MBO has an unlimited number of users and can process purchases, products, client information, class schedules and attendance, and staff scheduling, among other things. Our managers can create new products in the system, and take inventory through MindBodyOnline. They can also process transactions through the software, alleviating the need to find a third-party system that can track monthly membership payments and process one-time purchases. All of our client contacts can be stored in MBO, with ample fields for contact details and caveats. We can track class attendance in our account, along with which clients have attended any number of classes in the month, and how many classes they have remaining in their purchased packages. Finally, MBO even processes staff scheduling and time clocks, logging pay rates and clocked-in hours.

What do you dislike?

The breadth of capabilities of MBO is so large that it seems impossible to know them all. Additionally, often wait-times for service calls can be several hours, so pressing needs cannot be immediately addressed in every case. MBO also has texting services, but those are not freely available to be used by administrators. Mass texts can be sent to the entire client base, or automatic texts can be sent to clients verifying purchases and receipts, but the studio cannot text individual clients with customized reminders or questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MBO can be clunky because of its wide range of capabilities; if you’re looking for something this large, go for it!

MBO takes care of just about everything! It’s marketing and capabilities to text and emaIl individuals could be more robust, but as far as operations go, MBO is reliable.

What Gym Management solution do you use?

MINDBODY review by <span>Darcy V.</span>
Darcy V.

"Best Technical Support"

What do you like best?

The tech support has been outstanding. I've called late night and have always gotten a native English speaker who has always been more than happy to help and spend as much time with me as needed. I like that they are able to see your screen and walk you through the process.

What do you dislike?

Set up can be somewhat challenging but tech support has been extremely helpful. Our system was setup up by a previous owner so it's been challenging for us to go back and undo things that were not set up correctly originally. Not really the fault of the software but it has been difficult for us to cipher through all the details of set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic system that does literally everything you would want or need it to do. Honestly, there are so many features that have really helped us to be able to boost our profits.

We needed an easier way for clients to book online and to easily purchase class passes/memberships. We've been able to successfully increase our sales through the ease of online purchasing and booking

MINDBODY review by <span>Karen S.</span>
Karen S.

"Widely used among fitness studios"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use this software when checking in students, track their purchase history and class visits, and learn more about each student.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when students are checking in from out of region, it is difficult to find them in the system or they may appear to owe for classes even though they don't. Also, the purchasing tabs are not the most intuitive. It will sometimes take a while to find the exact item needed from the dropdown menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get fully trained in the software before using it so you can easily handle unusual transactions along the way.

Mindbody solves the problem of accurately tracking student checkins and membership/class package purchases. It will show if a student owes for class upon checkin and thus prevents loss of profits.

MINDBODY review by <span>Lisa G.</span>
Lisa G.

"1 Size Fits All ... Not"

What do you like best?

I have used MindBody at 2 different jobs. I like that you can have access to the system on your phone via an app. Easy to get access to view the days schedule. I don't use the app for more than that.

What do you dislike?

I find Mindbody has so much potential but it is just not there yet. I use it daily and find it to be very buggy. What I dislike most is that if you open a member account and get side tracked by another task and that page is idle for even a short time- the page times out and you end up losing info. Members from other locations should but have a lot of difficulty scheduling their sessions at other locations- which generates extra work for our front desk. Because MBO is used for a variety of businesses I don't find it to be very user friendly and does have a bit of a learning curve. The language used and certain function may not apply to your business which can add to the confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MindBody has a lot of potential. Great for scheduling, logging member info and use of an App make it a great business tool. I do find it's "One size fits all" interface creates a big learning curve as not all functions may pertain to your business. Because of this staff may find it not very user friendly.

Adding profile pics to a member profile with the app is super easy. Members can manage their own schedule.

MINDBODY review by User in Music
User in Music

"Easy scheduler for businesses "

What do you like best?

What I like about it is that your schedule or appointments can be accessed easily through an app. I have used other websites for other things, but those require you to refresh the page and does not sync realtime to your calendar app. On Mindbody, you can see your schedule in a daily or weekly format. It works like a calendar and is very easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I've gotten logged out automatically and had to log back on. You have to make sure that your remember your password, or you will have to ask your admin for help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mindbody is an easy scheduler where the schedule can be updated and checked realtime. It makes it easier for the business and the customers to keep track of the schedule without having to make phone calls or write emails. It allows you to see your schedule like a calendar months ahead so that you can make other plans or appointments accordingly.

Using the Mindbody App helped to update schedules realtime rather than making phone calls or sending emails. It saves time and allows you to look at the appointments many months ahead.

Learn more about MINDBODY

MINDBODY Videos

Learning about MINDBODY?

* We monitor all MINDBODY reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.