MINDBODY

Business management software for health, wellness and beauty industry

Work for MINDBODY?

Learning about MINDBODY?

MINDBODY Reviews

Ask MINDBODY a Question
Showing 101 MINDBODY reviews
MINDBODY review by <span>Maddy B.</span>
Maddy B.

I don’t know how we’d track all our class attendance without MBO.

What do you like best?

MBO has an unlimited number of users and can process purchases, products, client information, class schedules and attendance, and staff scheduling, among other things. Our managers can create new products in the system, and take inventory through MindBodyOnline. They can also process transactions through the software, alleviating the need to find a third-party system that can track monthly membership payments and process one-time purchases. All of our client contacts can be stored in MBO, with ample fields for contact details and caveats. We can track class attendance in our account, along with which clients have attended any number of classes in the month, and how many classes they have remaining in their purchased packages. Finally, MBO even processes staff scheduling and time clocks, logging pay rates and clocked-in hours.

What do you dislike?

The breadth of capabilities of MBO is so large that it seems impossible to know them all. Additionally, often wait-times for service calls can be several hours, so pressing needs cannot be immediately addressed in every case. MBO also has texting services, but those are not freely available to be used by administrators. Mass texts can be sent to the entire client base, or automatic texts can be sent to clients verifying purchases and receipts, but the studio cannot text individual clients with customized reminders or questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MBO can be clunky because of its wide range of capabilities; if you’re looking for something this large, go for it!

MBO takes care of just about everything! It’s marketing and capabilities to text and emaIl individuals could be more robust, but as far as operations go, MBO is reliable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MINDBODY
MINDBODY review by <span>Darcy V.</span>
Darcy V.

Best Technical Support

What do you like best?

The tech support has been outstanding. I've called late night and have always gotten a native English speaker who has always been more than happy to help and spend as much time with me as needed. I like that they are able to see your screen and walk you through the process.

What do you dislike?

Set up can be somewhat challenging but tech support has been extremely helpful. Our system was setup up by a previous owner so it's been challenging for us to go back and undo things that were not set up correctly originally. Not really the fault of the software but it has been difficult for us to cipher through all the details of set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic system that does literally everything you would want or need it to do. Honestly, there are so many features that have really helped us to be able to boost our profits.

We needed an easier way for clients to book online and to easily purchase class passes/memberships. We've been able to successfully increase our sales through the ease of online purchasing and booking

What Gym Management solution do you use?

MINDBODY review by <span>Karen S.</span>
Karen S.

Widely used among fitness studios

What do you like best?

I like that I can use this software when checking in students, track their purchase history and class visits, and learn more about each student.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when students are checking in from out of region, it is difficult to find them in the system or they may appear to owe for classes even though they don't. Also, the purchasing tabs are not the most intuitive. It will sometimes take a while to find the exact item needed from the dropdown menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get fully trained in the software before using it so you can easily handle unusual transactions along the way.

Mindbody solves the problem of accurately tracking student checkins and membership/class package purchases. It will show if a student owes for class upon checkin and thus prevents loss of profits.

MINDBODY review by <span>Prairie P.</span>
Prairie P.

Worst Experience Ever + They Are Crooks!

What do you like best?

The only thing good about this company was the lovely woman who was my onboarding specialist - she tried her best. But when the company she works for is completely hopeless, in the end, her hands were tied.

What do you dislike?

I was with MindBody for 3 months. One of my requirements and one of the major draw cards to MB for me was that their services included a merchant account, from which I could take payments at my studio. When the first card swiper arrived, it did not work. I spent weeks going back and forth with Tech Support about the issue and then they ended up sending me another swiper. The second one arrived 2 weeks later and also didn't work. Another few weeks went by with them trouble-shooting and ultimately no resolution. Their solution: send me another swiper, which then took 3 weeks to arrive. Still did not work. I told my account specialist that I wanted to cancel my account before the next payment was due and she reassured me that I would not be charged for the coming month since the issue was still unresolved more than two months later. What shows up on my bank statement two days later? A charge for another month. I closed my account immediately and requested a refund. They are refusing to issue one. I paid for 3 months of a service that was 99% unusable for me. This company is a joke! It takes days for them to respond to emails, if they ever respond. You wait upwards of an hour when you call in. DO NOT USE THEM!! And their backend is so outdated!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DON'T DO IT!

Not one thing.

MINDBODY review by <span>Lisa G.</span>
Lisa G.

1 Size Fits All ... Not

What do you like best?

I have used MindBody at 2 different jobs. I like that you can have access to the system on your phone via an app. Easy to get access to view the days schedule. I don't use the app for more than that.

What do you dislike?

I find Mindbody has so much potential but it is just not there yet. I use it daily and find it to be very buggy. What I dislike most is that if you open a member account and get side tracked by another task and that page is idle for even a short time- the page times out and you end up losing info. Members from other locations should but have a lot of difficulty scheduling their sessions at other locations- which generates extra work for our front desk. Because MBO is used for a variety of businesses I don't find it to be very user friendly and does have a bit of a learning curve. The language used and certain function may not apply to your business which can add to the confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MindBody has a lot of potential. Great for scheduling, logging member info and use of an App make it a great business tool. I do find it's "One size fits all" interface creates a big learning curve as not all functions may pertain to your business. Because of this staff may find it not very user friendly.

Adding profile pics to a member profile with the app is super easy. Members can manage their own schedule.

MINDBODY review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

Go deeper than the surface -- and watch your invoice

What do you like best?

On the surface it does just about everything you would want it to do. Light Ecommerce, gift certificates, booking, class packs, we've even been using the custom mobile app feature since its inception. But after 7 yrs using the application we are actively seeking a replacement. Their tech support was pretty world class for a long time. Since the IPO it has deteriorated rapidly. What used to be real customer care now is your stereotypical answer the question get them off the phone as fast as possible support with very long wait times r

What do you dislike?

1) Now that MB is a public company they have raised their prices over 250%. They send you an announcement that your prices will be going up but not with much notice to actually react as a business. Since you don't sign a contract you're month to month and they take well advantage of that. Our fees are 2-3x the competitors applications and we are not fully subscribed to all the features. They will tell you look at all the innovation -- it's all innovation they charge additional for anyway so you really arent a benefactor of their innovation. On that front have a look through their customer care forum. There are hundreds of features that have been broken for years that are core functionality that we continue to have to be creative to find work arounds. Simple things like recurring class scheduling.

2) You will spend more time modifying your business to match the clunky processes of MB than you imagine you would have to do. Classes are tough enough, but multi session workshops or teacher trainign sessions are a nightmare to set up.

3) the check-in/check-out or "retailing" is a simple 33 step process. they have been saying they will modernize and correct the checkout process since before we were a customer 7 yrs ago. there has been near zero change to the check out process in 7 yrs. Most of the "innovation" has been a new user interface that looks better but has done little to actually remove steps out of the processes. I would argue it has added steps since they hide functionality on different screens to make the UI seem more user friendly.

4) the MindBody app they brag about does more to market your competitors than it does to help your business. When was the last time you walked into a business where you knew what back office system they used?? Never. Not with Mindbody - they want to be in YOUR CUSTOMER'S face with their app promoting every business in their ecosystem at the detriment of your business.

5) What used to be real customer care now is your stereotypical answer the question get them off the phone as fast as possible support with very long wait times for the PRIVLEDGE and yes thats the way they make you feel when you get someone on the phone ...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dig very deep into the functions. Ask LOTS of questions. Have them demo to your needs not their canned demo. If you have a process that you're trying to solve for make sure they show you. Dig deeply into the invoicing and pricing and try to see if they will lock pricing for a yr or longer.

In the beginning it was great -- there were few options in the marketplace, and it was reasonably affordable. Now there are considerably more modern options for a fraction of the price, that are simpler to use.

Learn more about MINDBODY

MINDBODY Videos

Learning about MINDBODY?

* We monitor all MINDBODY reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.