Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

MINDBODY

3.7
(170 reviews)

Business management software for health, wellness and beauty industry

Work for MINDBODY?

Learning about MINDBODY?

MINDBODY Reviews

Ask MINDBODY a Question
Showing 184 MINDBODY reviews
MINDBODY review by CRAIG  I.
CRAIG I.

"MINDBODY HAS NO INTEGRITY - THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT PROFITS"

What do you like best?

Nothing. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND MINDBODY TO ANYONE.

What do you dislike?

When I started with Mind Body, I was totally impressed with them. It cost me $75/month and it had great features and their staff really helped me get everything set up. HOWEVER... in the past 2 years, they continued to increase costs while reducing functionality and they did not Grandfather in any of their original clients in at the lower prices.

So now, I would have to pay $195 for the same functionality I had at $75/month. OR.... Pay $125/month for SUBSTANTIALLY less functionality. I think they feel they can do this because most people don't want to go through the hassle of switching their software.

They are a total rip off now. They care nothing about their customers and only care about profits. It sickens me to see how companies like MINDBODY just screw over small businesses and care nothing about client relations. There is no doubt in my mind that this philosophy will come around and have a negative impact on their bottom line over time.

I just switched over to Vagaro, and I will only be paying $60/month. It was a pain to switch over - I'm not gonna lie, but it will be well worth it for my small business. They don't offer all of the same functionality, but they do offer some great things that MINDBODY doesn't so in my opinion it's a even switch over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT USE MINDBODY. ONCE YOU ARE A CUSTOMER, THEY WILL KEEP RAISING PRICES ON YOU WHILE TAKING AWAY FUNCTIONALITY.

The only benefit I realized over time was a BIGGER BILL. Not the kind of benefit I need for my small business.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MINDBODY
MINDBODY review by Dave R.
Dave R.

"HORRIBLE! "

What do you like best?

2 years ago when I started my business it was pretty easy to get started.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything else.

1. Their CC processing fees are very tricky and hidden... I am paying an average of 3.3% per transaction. I have interviewed 3 other companies who charge a flat 2.5% or less

2. The very basic reports I need like a list of how many sessions each client has left are not included in my basic level... they want me to pay MORE just to access simple data.

3. The price has gone up $25 per year for nothing that actually helps my business. They just keep calling me to try to upsell me to the next level.

4. It breaks ALL the time. For the past 10 days my staff has been unable to cancel appointment on the mobile app and it has been a nightmare keeping everyone's schedule in order. When I called or tried to chat help it was 45-60 minute wait time to talk to anyone. I would get an email saying these things take time and to be patient... when I asked for a credit for the month because the main thing I need it for does not work, they told me its a normal software problem so sorry no credit.

5. Other than this bit mistake, the software will randomly crash or mess

----- I think they have grown too fast pushing more users and not being able to keep up with their actual product they offer. Save yourself the trouble and by far the highest expense software out there. IT IS NOT WORTH IT

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT DO IT. They will try to get a dollar out of you for basic info and help. CC fees are way higher than industry standard. customer service wait times 45-60 minutes. it breaks all the time!

None at all. Mind body is more geared to servicing group class studios and all of their "business help" is based on getting low cost classes sold. Not a great help for a high end training studio.

What Gym Management solution do you use?

MINDBODY review by Henry W.
Henry W.

"Mindbody online is very good"

What do you like best?

Of all the scheduling software I've used as a Massage Therapist,. Mindbody is one of the smoothest, user friendly programs I've ever used, especially if used on a Mac or iPad. Even when used on a PC mindbody works flawlessly. The online scheduling coupled with the easy access, but yet advanced protection of delicate information earns mindbody the respect of being taken seriously in the business industry. Even if you'd like to know your paycheck amount, how much your tips are, or to review client notes, mindbody is there with no bugs or glitches in their program. Thank you mindbody online!

What do you dislike?

Perhaps mindbody could create a split screen option so we can see two pages at once, using one log in without using two mindbody logins to run it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go get mindbody online but because you need it, and you deserve a smooth running program because other sectors of business may not be so smooth, so mindbody will be smooth to save you the added stress!

The client note option, the number count of clients, and previous visits of clients are very easy to keep up with now. No more searching for paper files, and employees know how many services we've done so we know what to expect on payday.

MINDBODY review by Ayanna D.
Ayanna D.

"Convenient and all in one"

What do you like best?

App is easy to find among the dozens of apps I have on my phone. It seems like an insignificant aspect but it’s important to me. Easier to find easier to use! I love the layout of my favourites as well as the schedule listing. Finding a class I want to book is simple.

What do you dislike?

Takes a few clicks to get to where you need to be but once you get there it’s one stop shop. I wish every class had a description. It should be a mandatory field. It may be tedious for the company but makes all the difference for the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s colourful, easy to use and keeps you in the loop. The design is pleasing to the eye and makes it simple to find among your many apps. When you are added to waitlists, the app keeps you up to date on your position in the queue and it will also let you know the offers available in your area. So if you are in the market for a simple, pretty and functional fitness scheduling app this is it.

Makes scheduling a breeze. Managing interest is also an important feature. Classes that are constantly in need to a waitlist means adding an additional class with the same time slot could be profitable.

MINDBODY review by Gina C.
Gina C.

"MindBody has its faults"

What do you like best?

I used MindBody for over a year and have learned to use it efficiently. I like how I can schedule things without being the owner of the account. I like how I can have multiple classes run at the same time. I like how there is a MindBody App on my phone that I can access at any time I need to when I work remotely or am out and about. I also like how the Live Chat is SO helpful. Literally, the Mind-Body Live Chat has helped me so much. Anytime I had questions. the live chat was there to assist me.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about MindBody is a lot. I don't like hot the Frequently Asked Questions are so broad and do not/never did help me at all. I also don't how I have to have an account for each of my staff. For instance, I have 20 coaches that run classes and programs at my facility. However, there are only two coach managers that I feel should have a Mind-Body account. Now, since there are multiple classes run simultaneously at the same time. it is very hard to "work around the system" to have the classes show up on the schedule.

Another thing I don't like at all is when I am looking at the overall calendar of the day, some things are overlapped and are impossible to find unless I literally go through the scheduled class to class one at a time.

Scheduling the classes is the main reason my company uses Mind Body. Other than that, for sales or other things, we outsource to different programs because Mind Body is confusing and not the best software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest Camp Minder (if you run children's programs). If you don't run children's programs that Mind Body will work fine.

Scheduling the classes is the main reason my company uses Mind Body. When there are not classes that run simultaneously, Mind Body can be very beneficial to see my companies overall schedule.

MINDBODY review by Enid B.
Enid B.

" The industry standard for fitness software "

What do you like best?

Since there is no really functional I alternative to MINDBODY, it seems to be the software that all send this studios use. I believe it is less prolific for Jim and other wellness services, but for yoga it is convenient because you do not have to learn a new platform between studios. It is easy to use messy business and consumer facing asked to see his schedules, check out clients, and even change details.

What do you dislike?

The system seems to glitch often, causing delay when checking out clients, or the app crashing all together.

As A fitness instructor, are you got up to check students in for classes, and it’s their accounts, and review my own employee data, such as classes time, ours works, and income Garner. It makes taxes and keeping track of your income easy. It also allows me to connect with my clients, by accessing their information all in one place.

MINDBODY review by Meaghan P.
Meaghan P.

"Review"

What do you like best?

the ability to check the clients profile, how many times they have visited, and their payments. this makes it easy when a member questions a payment or how many classes they have left for the month. the app gives the members the ability to book or cancel their classes within seconds and updates on our sides very quickly. mind body online gives our studio the ability to run a well oiled machine and be able to make sure that out members are reserving their spot for the gym class in advance to make sure that they are getting the best use of our gym possible

What do you dislike?

when it creates multiple accounts without you realizing. when this happens the members cannot book their classes as the system will boot them out. when this happens we must go through a long process of trying to reset their accounts and possible having to issue a ticket onto their account for the head office to try to fix.

booking classes at the studio. this website also shows us out utility usage each day and week to see how many of our spots are being used in the classes and the revenue. this website also makes it east for staff members to keep track of their time clocks which is important for their paycheque every two weeks.

MINDBODY review by Terri F.
Terri F.

"How to increase your profitability "

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the ease of setting up the reoccurring revenue via auto pay monthly membership contracts. The other two powerful resources I use are the automated emails, retention/re-engage email marketing, and all the reporting capabilities. The day to day use of class check-in, retail sales, client account management are all features I like.

What do you dislike?

Like any partnership, there are always imperfections and areas of improvement. If I could wave a magic wand and all my wishes were granted, then this is what I would wish: a more robust set of auto email options, more content for the retention and re-engage emails, more functionality related to inventory

the ability of change contract start dates after the contract has been activated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage with them, learn how to fully leverage this powerful software, after min. 6 months use, sign up for a MINDBODY University Session, you'll learn how to use not only the software better, but how to run your business better. With proven strategies, up to date data analysis and market research.

Client retention, increase in membership sales. 1st year of use 50% growth, last two years 20% growth.

MINDBODY review by Maddy B.
Maddy B.

"I don’t know how we’d track all our class attendance without MBO. "

What do you like best?

MBO has an unlimited number of users and can process purchases, products, client information, class schedules and attendance, and staff scheduling, among other things. Our managers can create new products in the system, and take inventory through MindBodyOnline. They can also process transactions through the software, alleviating the need to find a third-party system that can track monthly membership payments and process one-time purchases. All of our client contacts can be stored in MBO, with ample fields for contact details and caveats. We can track class attendance in our account, along with which clients have attended any number of classes in the month, and how many classes they have remaining in their purchased packages. Finally, MBO even processes staff scheduling and time clocks, logging pay rates and clocked-in hours.

What do you dislike?

The breadth of capabilities of MBO is so large that it seems impossible to know them all. Additionally, often wait-times for service calls can be several hours, so pressing needs cannot be immediately addressed in every case. MBO also has texting services, but those are not freely available to be used by administrators. Mass texts can be sent to the entire client base, or automatic texts can be sent to clients verifying purchases and receipts, but the studio cannot text individual clients with customized reminders or questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MBO can be clunky because of its wide range of capabilities; if you’re looking for something this large, go for it!

MBO takes care of just about everything! It’s marketing and capabilities to text and emaIl individuals could be more robust, but as far as operations go, MBO is reliable.

MINDBODY review by Lindsay C.
Lindsay C.

"Great and Easy App and Site to use"

What do you like best?

I love the simple layout and easy navigation to the app and the website. It has been extremely easy to use to as an admin to check all employees into classes in addition to signing them up for classes. I also really like the layout of the classes on a day to day and a week by week basis.

What do you dislike?

I do not have a complaint for MindBody. It was a great tool to have at my gym.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use is fantastic. I would definitely recommend this product to all health, wellness, and fitness users for class scheduling, massage scheduling, in addition to calendars for exercise specialists and personal trainers.

The only business problem that I have is that we don't use it anymore. We switched to another software, and I dislike it so much. I miss MindBody.

MINDBODY review by Darcy V.
Darcy V.

"Best Technical Support"

What do you like best?

The tech support has been outstanding. I've called late night and have always gotten a native English speaker who has always been more than happy to help and spend as much time with me as needed. I like that they are able to see your screen and walk you through the process.

What do you dislike?

Set up can be somewhat challenging but tech support has been extremely helpful. Our system was setup up by a previous owner so it's been challenging for us to go back and undo things that were not set up correctly originally. Not really the fault of the software but it has been difficult for us to cipher through all the details of set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic system that does literally everything you would want or need it to do. Honestly, there are so many features that have really helped us to be able to boost our profits.

We needed an easier way for clients to book online and to easily purchase class passes/memberships. We've been able to successfully increase our sales through the ease of online purchasing and booking

MINDBODY review by User in Higher Education

"How to easily book Fitness and Wellness classes or Beauty services in the MindBody app."

What do you like best?

As a customer, that it's a one stop shop to the various fitness facilities if you have more than one you like to attend including finding deals or new places to explore. You can purchase packages, services or classes and they are uploaded in one place easily access. You can easily see schedules to classes from various gyms/fitness studios in one place and directly book them in the app.

As a business, you can access client detail and reports and check them in for class as well as business management, time clock and payroll.

What do you dislike?

As a customer, I haven't found much I dislike, only that I wished more business were on it as well.

One thing in the business app is that I can't access my information as an employee, such as my hours. Also, I would like better reporting that clients request for number of classes actually attended. I currently gives you a total, but the total includes the number of classes they cancelled or were absent for.

That you can send a message to a client directly from the system or send them a receipt for any purchases. You can use it for marketing and analysis purposes, which is beneficial to the business.

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"Decent but could be better"

What do you like best?

Mindbody universal, and an be used on a multitude of platforms. Phones, tablets, computers, and all with a nice layout.

What do you dislike?

The software itself is confusing when needing to fix any problems with clients. It looks very simple, yet at the same time when you think you have fixed a problem and you havent, the solution ends up being a lot more complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mindbody is a Great software to track client use, and make reports to track sales. There is little wiggle room though, and can often create a struggle when trying to solve problems. Nonetheless it is a decent software that does the job well. If youre looking for an easy software, this would be the one.

Luckily mindbody makes it easy to track clients and send out information. It also allows employees to learn the software easily, as our specific company has a very particular layout that is easy to navigate.

MINDBODY review by Michelle D.
Michelle D.

"we use it but we dont love it"

What do you like best?

i am able to collect EFT payments, and schedule clients the way I need to

What do you dislike?

There are MANY features that keep getting added that are NOT applicable to my business. The price keeps going up, but I am not using any additional features. I do not feel that it is worth the $$ that I pay monthly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be certain that you will be using the features that they offer.. there may be other software out there that addresses your needs, with a lesser price tag. I am currently searching for other software options that meet my needs without the high price tag.

My members are able to schedule/reschedule/cancel appointments at their own convenience. I am able to collect EFT payments monthly.

MINDBODY review by Christie D.
Christie D.

"Breezy"

What do you like best?

The site was very easy to navigate. There is a side for business and a side for anyone else which made it easier to find what I was looking for. The layout was pleasing and matched the theme that the website follows. The colors keep the website energetic.

What do you dislike?

Usually when I first go on a website, I look for the "About" page to learn more about the company, where they started, and what they have to offer that is unique to other companies. I could not find an about page on this website, and if there is one I did not find it easy to locate. That is the only thing I noticed negatively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool to use to improve your own business, and will help steer you in the right direction.

They have a way for businesses to advertise and organize their companies, as well as a whole other side of the website for businesses exclusively.

MINDBODY review by User

"Functional, but could be simpler"

What do you like best?

iPad app is great and easy to use - simple, navigation is easy and quick. Checking clients in and out of class is quick and painless.

What do you dislike?

Desktop website could be more user-friendly - it's fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it, but the website isn't incredibly intuitive. Some tasks are made a bit more convoluted than they need to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In terms of the fitness world, this is your best bet - it's a one-stop shop for not only booking clients and checking them into classes, but selling them retail, class packs, and memberships. You're not likely to find a more efficient app and website.

Provides a quick and usually easy way to see client history, book them into classes (and they can book themselves using the app or website), sell them retail, classes and memberships, and more. It's nice having a one-stop website/app for everything we do here at the company.

MINDBODY review by Karen S.
Karen S.

"Widely used among fitness studios"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use this software when checking in students, track their purchase history and class visits, and learn more about each student.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when students are checking in from out of region, it is difficult to find them in the system or they may appear to owe for classes even though they don't. Also, the purchasing tabs are not the most intuitive. It will sometimes take a while to find the exact item needed from the dropdown menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get fully trained in the software before using it so you can easily handle unusual transactions along the way.

Mindbody solves the problem of accurately tracking student checkins and membership/class package purchases. It will show if a student owes for class upon checkin and thus prevents loss of profits.

MINDBODY review by Tamara J.
Tamara J.

"Mindbody is one of the most versatile platforms for the Health and wellness community"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use, customer support is always extremely helpful, the app allows for existing Mindbody consumers to discover your business and it is a very customizable experience for big or small companies. At the end of the day they make our lives at our business a lot easier and much more manageable.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the servers crash but rarely, maybe once every two months. Also as you delve deeper into the features you notice there may be easier ways to set-up certain features to make them less confusing. Their customer service handles many problems I encounter so I can't say that I dislike too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of their amazing customer support if you have any questions at all. Their team is available 24/7 and I have never been left confused or without a solution to my problem.

Mindbody provides an easy way to store all of our clients information, allows them to sign up for classes easily and allows for personalized contact with our customers. The reports we run with Mindbody are extremely helpful in helping us determine retail, marketing and sales goals.

MINDBODY review by Sarah d.
Sarah d.

"MindBody a great asset for Trainers!"

What do you like best?

Photos of clients and their class-pack so I can see how many they have left and remember names

What do you dislike?

The photos that accompany my clients profiles are small and usually grainy. I also have a lot of glitches for loading and signing in my clients. Would love there to be a more streamlined page as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend using this as it's user friendly for both customer and for the business. Most gyms and trainers use this, so consumers like that they can house all on one platform.

Figuring out which class packs consumers like the most and realized how much consumers enjoy this.

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Mindbody needs an overhaul"

What do you like best?

Online scheduling. - but many products do it better

What do you dislike?

Mind body is a top-heavy application. It is loaded with features you’ll never use because they don’t work. I have been using it for three years and none of the customer service support team can activate the gift certificate function for my clients to buy gift certificates online easily. Another example is the referral program that they claim is built-in to mind-body.. It is impossible to link referrals to the clients that came from. When I pointed this out to a manager at MINDBODY their response was “that’s why nobody uses it!”

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t. It’s old and needs a complete overhaul. Lots of features require workarounds that are not easy for staff to do. Too many steps and things get messed up easily. Can’t edit invoices. Referral program doesn’t work.

This program has caused more problems than it’s worth

MINDBODY review by Lisa G.
Lisa G.

"1 Size Fits All ... Not"

What do you like best?

I have used MindBody at 2 different jobs. I like that you can have access to the system on your phone via an app. Easy to get access to view the days schedule. I don't use the app for more than that.

What do you dislike?

I find Mindbody has so much potential but it is just not there yet. I use it daily and find it to be very buggy. What I dislike most is that if you open a member account and get side tracked by another task and that page is idle for even a short time- the page times out and you end up losing info. Members from other locations should but have a lot of difficulty scheduling their sessions at other locations- which generates extra work for our front desk. Because MBO is used for a variety of businesses I don't find it to be very user friendly and does have a bit of a learning curve. The language used and certain function may not apply to your business which can add to the confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MindBody has a lot of potential. Great for scheduling, logging member info and use of an App make it a great business tool. I do find it's "One size fits all" interface creates a big learning curve as not all functions may pertain to your business. Because of this staff may find it not very user friendly.

Adding profile pics to a member profile with the app is super easy. Members can manage their own schedule.

MINDBODY review by User in Music
User in Music

"Easy scheduler for businesses "

What do you like best?

What I like about it is that your schedule or appointments can be accessed easily through an app. I have used other websites for other things, but those require you to refresh the page and does not sync realtime to your calendar app. On Mindbody, you can see your schedule in a daily or weekly format. It works like a calendar and is very easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I've gotten logged out automatically and had to log back on. You have to make sure that your remember your password, or you will have to ask your admin for help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mindbody is an easy scheduler where the schedule can be updated and checked realtime. It makes it easier for the business and the customers to keep track of the schedule without having to make phone calls or write emails. It allows you to see your schedule like a calendar months ahead so that you can make other plans or appointments accordingly.

Using the Mindbody App helped to update schedules realtime rather than making phone calls or sending emails. It saves time and allows you to look at the appointments many months ahead.

MINDBODY review by Prairie P.
Prairie P.

"Worst Experience Ever + They Are Crooks!"

What do you like best?

The only thing good about this company was the lovely woman who was my onboarding specialist - she tried her best. But when the company she works for is completely hopeless, in the end, her hands were tied.

What do you dislike?

I was with MindBody for 3 months. One of my requirements and one of the major draw cards to MB for me was that their services included a merchant account, from which I could take payments at my studio. When the first card swiper arrived, it did not work. I spent weeks going back and forth with Tech Support about the issue and then they ended up sending me another swiper. The second one arrived 2 weeks later and also didn't work. Another few weeks went by with them trouble-shooting and ultimately no resolution. Their solution: send me another swiper, which then took 3 weeks to arrive. Still did not work. I told my account specialist that I wanted to cancel my account before the next payment was due and she reassured me that I would not be charged for the coming month since the issue was still unresolved more than two months later. What shows up on my bank statement two days later? A charge for another month. I closed my account immediately and requested a refund. They are refusing to issue one. I paid for 3 months of a service that was 99% unusable for me. This company is a joke! It takes days for them to respond to emails, if they ever respond. You wait upwards of an hour when you call in. DO NOT USE THEM!! And their backend is so outdated!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DON'T DO IT!

Not one thing.

MINDBODY review by Kelly Y.
Kelly Y.

"Mindbody is an awesome software!"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to navigate and simple to use on th computer and phone. We use it at Pure Barre to keep track of clients bookings, purchases, etc. I’ve never run into a problem with it and am happy that we use it!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about it is that I didn’t know about it sooner! I could’ve been usin the app on my phone all along to book fitness classes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NOne! LOve!

No manual check in, we can do it all from the phone app or computer. So many different reports can be run, it’s amazing!

MINDBODY review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Go deeper than the surface -- and watch your invoice"

What do you like best?

On the surface it does just about everything you would want it to do. Light Ecommerce, gift certificates, booking, class packs, we've even been using the custom mobile app feature since its inception. But after 7 yrs using the application we are actively seeking a replacement. Their tech support was pretty world class for a long time. Since the IPO it has deteriorated rapidly. What used to be real customer care now is your stereotypical answer the question get them off the phone as fast as possible support with very long wait times r

What do you dislike?

1) Now that MB is a public company they have raised their prices over 250%. They send you an announcement that your prices will be going up but not with much notice to actually react as a business. Since you don't sign a contract you're month to month and they take well advantage of that. Our fees are 2-3x the competitors applications and we are not fully subscribed to all the features. They will tell you look at all the innovation -- it's all innovation they charge additional for anyway so you really arent a benefactor of their innovation. On that front have a look through their customer care forum. There are hundreds of features that have been broken for years that are core functionality that we continue to have to be creative to find work arounds. Simple things like recurring class scheduling.

2) You will spend more time modifying your business to match the clunky processes of MB than you imagine you would have to do. Classes are tough enough, but multi session workshops or teacher trainign sessions are a nightmare to set up.

3) the check-in/check-out or "retailing" is a simple 33 step process. they have been saying they will modernize and correct the checkout process since before we were a customer 7 yrs ago. there has been near zero change to the check out process in 7 yrs. Most of the "innovation" has been a new user interface that looks better but has done little to actually remove steps out of the processes. I would argue it has added steps since they hide functionality on different screens to make the UI seem more user friendly.

4) the MindBody app they brag about does more to market your competitors than it does to help your business. When was the last time you walked into a business where you knew what back office system they used?? Never. Not with Mindbody - they want to be in YOUR CUSTOMER'S face with their app promoting every business in their ecosystem at the detriment of your business.

5) What used to be real customer care now is your stereotypical answer the question get them off the phone as fast as possible support with very long wait times for the PRIVLEDGE and yes thats the way they make you feel when you get someone on the phone ...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dig very deep into the functions. Ask LOTS of questions. Have them demo to your needs not their canned demo. If you have a process that you're trying to solve for make sure they show you. Dig deeply into the invoicing and pricing and try to see if they will lock pricing for a yr or longer.

In the beginning it was great -- there were few options in the marketplace, and it was reasonably affordable. Now there are considerably more modern options for a fraction of the price, that are simpler to use.

MINDBODY review by Ariel N.
Ariel N.

"This software can do a lot but is often too complicated and doesn’t allow us to do certain things"

What do you like best?

Not much, I get more annoyed on a weekly basis and the app doesn’t always allow us to do what we should and won’t always sync up

Changes made from app to computer in salon

What do you dislike?

A lot of things. Double booking is a hassle, it’s so picky about what it allows you to do and you have to manually do too many steps to customize people’s services, prices, schedules etc..

Recommendations to others considering the product

As of now no, I liked our software and another salon better

Very average service, we have more issues with this software not have the quick and simplified functions we need. I wish our boss would switch.

MINDBODY review by Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.

"Did not meet expectations"

What do you like best?

They have a great onboarding team. When I first signed up, I was walked through how to use the features of the software. I had weekly calls with my trainer to learn how to use it. It was also great on the consumer end-none of my clients seemed to have issues booking online.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything. It was very clunky and difficult or inconvenient to use. I wanted a system that I could book, check out, track rewards and loyalty points, sell and track inventory through, and market through. This system did not meet my needs at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your business needs, Mindbody can be good software to use. However, I would first see if there is a less expensive option that meets your needs. I wouldn't waste my time or money with Mindbody.

None. I tried the software for a good four months, but was paying far to much for a system that didn't deliver what I needed.

MINDBODY review by Garrett E.
Garrett E.

"Can't beat it for the money"

What do you like best?

There is so much that this software can do. It is full of features that you may have to spend some time learning BUT once you do, you can run your business more efficiently and do your job better. I highly recommend putting your time into this software because it is the best bang for your buck that you can get. It may not be as flashy as others but it is focused on the core area that you need it.

What do you dislike?

could use some work on aesthetics and maybe a little faster but that could be our service provider

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! We really have liked the results that we have seen using. But your staff does need to understand it.

scheduling, payment processing, sales process, client tracking and financial analysis

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"Easy for clients to use"

What do you like best?

Mindbody looks beautiful from the client-facing side, and their branded web tools are helpful for clients who aren’t as familiar with using an app. It’s easy for new clients to discover a business, and also for existing clients to create an account and access their classes.

What do you dislike?

Most features and products are accessible from the client’s app, but auto-renewing contracts must be set up through a staff member. This complicates the process and slows things down, but it does give us a chance to explain the details of the contract to each client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using it as soon as possible— registering a new client is easier than transitioning an existing one.

With a growing company, software like mindbody is helpful for organizing passes and allowing clients to control their own schedules and cancellations.

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Mindbody works for what we need"

What do you like best?

I like that Mind Body tends to help support us pretty quickly if we have some issues. Mind Body also hosts a conference every year, where they gather the ideas of so many gyms and fitness professionals around them, and learn how to be better and grow into something that can improve the lives of more than just the company.

What do you dislike?

I really wish that they had a "check out" option for the sign in for childcare. Mind body website also tends to have some hiccups and issues with refreshing. Many times, if you scan a client in, the system will duplicate them in a different window, which causes errors for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mind Body is a company that is constantly evolving, which is a beautiful and perfect thing for the fitness industry. Mind Body adapts and changes as businesses need to ensure that clients get exactly what they need to help others and grow into a more efficient system.

Mind Body is a corporate program with many benefits for supporting us at the gym. I have realized that it's great to have a program that will check in and host all of our projects and classes. Mind body is solving issues for us keeping track of so many of our sales, check ins, classes and special programs.

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Mindbody is Frustrating and Counterintuituve "

What do you like best?

The color coded system for keeping track of where a client is in the building is helpful.

What do you dislike?

It’s annoying that you can’t uncheck someone out. It’s also annoying that you can’t make an appointment for a time that has already passed. Sometimes I need to record something after the fact. Additionally there doesn’t seem to be a way to print a list of clients with credit remaining in their account that includes there email addresses which leaves me to look up each email individually. Also, there should be a way to have a client pay for another client seamlessly, rather than having to add a relationship.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, there may be better options out there. I’m sure it depends on the business. For a float spa, I highly prefer Floathelm.

Mindbody keeps everything in one place for our schedule and prevents us from double booking appointments.

MINDBODY review by Allie G.
Allie G.

"Clean and easy interface with LOTS of functions"

What do you like best?

I love the ease in which I can book, see the entire staff's schedule for the day OR view just my full schedule day by day or week by week. Along with booking and scheduling, I can view my payroll report, my availability, client's info, etc. There are really so many useful functions and it's an entire business's backbone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how hard it is to modify a scheduled time. First you have to change the time block availabilty and THEN you can adjust the session's time. It would be easier if you could just do this in one step.

I also dislike that as I teach at two studios and have employee access AND client access I can't be signed in to more than one account at a time or combine any of them. I'm constantly logging in and out of accounts and it's time consuming.

Additionally, when a person is subbing a class it isn't always showing in the normal staff view. You have to look at that individual's schedule to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say make sure that this has what you need, but it IS very inclusive. Utilize the app as well - Mindbody Express for employees and MindBody for clients.

The entire issue of scheduling and maintaining that schedule for employees AND clients. Benefits are such that clients and staff are able to book and change things virtually anywhere.

MINDBODY review by Kenya M.
Kenya M.

"Great concept, but not always consistent"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the functionality and layout of the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Navigating the administrator tools can be rather confusing and often cannot remember how to access a previous screen once outside of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest shopping around to see what your needs are. The software has good intentions, but often times comes up short in implementation and ease of use. If you have a team who can dedicate themselves to training on the software that is good.

I enjoy the ability to have a variety of offerings (classes, workshops, events) for our clients/customers and for everything to be integrated easily (cc processing, offering specific widgets).

MINDBODY review by Bradley K.
Bradley K.

"Convenient system to manage customer relationships and optimize sales"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and convenience of how to monitor your clients and make sure that your business is run as efficiently as possible.

What do you dislike?

Only one minor gripe. The follow-up drop down tab is not the best with sifting through leads in order of importance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you learn the system, it can prove to be an invaluable tool for your business and its success.

The innate documentation of the system allows for quick problem solving when dealing with clients issues which empowers the employees to provide enhanced customer service.

MINDBODY review by User

"Efficient online scheduling and client management tool"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of options it offers including online scheduling, website integration, reports, networking and referral options with other wellness providers. It also offers the ability to stay in contact with existing clients and foster ongoing relationships and loyalty.

What do you dislike?

Pricing has increased significantly to $125/month. The learning curve for this software is steep, and although online tutorials are available, it takes a significant time for new employees to get up to speed. Customer service is often unresponsive or requires days for calls to be returned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your small wellness business requires extensive features like online scheduling, tracking, reports, website integration, referral building, and more, this may be an excellent tool for you. If your needs are less extensive, you would likely save money and meet your needs with another less costly online management tool.

We have used it for online scheduling, tracking and rewarding referrals, and maintaining contact with existing and referral clients.

MINDBODY review by Melanie M.
Melanie M.

"Great Salon/Spa software"

What do you like best?

The software is very user friendly and the customer support is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

This software is very simple and has a great customer service team to assist with any questions or concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and chat with a sales specialist to find which plan works best for you. After 6 months, talk to a specialist again to be sure you are utilizing all of your features.

We have utilized all of the benefits of having an online scheduling software. Some competitors do not currently offer online booking, so this is a great platform for us to use/offer.

MINDBODY review by User

"MindBody for Alternative Health"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to access client history and add notes to every account. Booking appointments is simple. The online booking and the app work very well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like there are too many options. Too many ways to do things so it can get confusing between staff members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are too many options sometimes. I think it could be streamlined a bit more. Also a way to give a onetime discount on autopays would be helpful. As of now we are going through and changing the price of the autopay manually for several months.

It is easy for clients to book their own appointments through the app. Booking and checking out appointments is simple and quick, no waiting around for clients. The autopays section is very helpful to streamline our client experience. I am very satisfied with how it is performing.

MINDBODY review by User

"MINDBODY is a tremendous modern assist"

What do you like best?

Ease of signing up for classes or events online and ability to see how many have pre-registered for a class. I used this as a yoga teacher working for another yoga studio and if my studio had grown when I owned a yoga studio then I may have bought this software.

I appreciate seeing clearly how much money precisely is coming in for each event as a vendor and as a user, I like seeing how many people have already signed up for a class before I sign up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact everyone has to make an account with mind body to sign in for classes/or events, because some clients don't want to do that extra step. Since I was targeting older clients who aren't as internet savvy this was a consideration in buying Mind Body as a studio owner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine if the cost is worth it; i.e. if your company is generating enough revenue to make it a worthy tool to invest it. It may actually increase traffic to your site, so if you want to grow and invest I recommend it.

I appreciate reviewing the break down of payments, and what type so that I could more accurately assess wages.

MINDBODY review by Kt B.
Kt B.

"Terrible Software Use Pike 13 Instead"

What do you like best?

Nothing. It's deeply inadequate. We often used spreadsheets and google docs to keep track of important customer information that this software simply didn't have the ability to do. Also their customer service is slow and not very helpful. There are SO many better options.

What do you dislike?

Had to use google documents to keep track of client information along with a third party emailing system. It was really messy and we had client data all over the place. The system wasn't simple to use and often resulted in errors or failures to work at all. It frustrated our customer's endlessly and didn't offer any options for emailing online invoices directly to clients. It was seriously inadequate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Pike 13 first. It allows for you to do so much more. MINDBODY doesn't even have the capacity to contact clients directly from the software.

We were using it as our scheduling and payment software for client enrollments.

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Not terrible but needs work"

What do you like best?

it is nice having everyones schedules in 1 view or being able to see each separately. You can click confirm and arrive and put notes in for the client too which is helpful

What do you dislike?

Changing availability / booking recurring appointments takes some getting used to & can be tricky because it will say that the time conflicts if you don’t do it a certain way. It sometimes has temporary glitches where it’ll stop working but that’s expected with technology

It’s nice being able to organize everyone and have color coded in the schedule for who has confirmed / arrived/ cancelled etc. And you can put your own reasons for why a time is blocked off

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"Best of what currently exists."

What do you like best?

The customer service is unbelievable!

There are some great reports available to show you how business is doing. They are really helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it goes rogue and changes things on its own. You have to go back and manually change a ton of things and then double check to make sure they are correct.

The program isn't entirely intuitive. There are a bunch of customizable items that are worded strangely to convey different meanings than intended. Double check with your support team.

There are some limiting barriers that exist. Hopefully in the next coming years they will figure out solutions to overcome these things.

Overall, always check your changes to make sure they were actually made and keep a close eve on your schedule to make sure that it doesn't mysteriously change!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a steep learning curve. Get their support team on the phone and you will learn things the fastest. Be patient with the software as sometimes it goes rogue and makes changes to things all by itself! Hang in there.

We primarily use this for our clients to sign into and up for our fitness classes. It has some really awesome reporting tools to let you know how your business is doing. Really beneficial!

"Mindbody Review"

What do you like best?

I like that the learning curve isn’t too steep and it’s very easy to get your hands dirty.

I love that customers can book everything online, even the purchase of gift cards.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little slow at times which may or may not be a network issue.

Sometimes, there can be very rare outages on the desktop version but the app still works just as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you expect your company to scale and grow, Mindbody makes the most sense for you.

Mindbody is also great with their technical support and very easy to reach out to. Having customers utilize the online platform to both schedule their classes and their appointments makes it much easier on us to help out with other customer service related tasks.

The most difficult thing with Mindbody could be all of the features that it comes jam packed with but when dealing with the vendor, they're very good at explaining features and maximizing their utilization.

None for the most part, it’s been great. Being able to check people in and out of class and ringing up spa therapies is great.

MINDBODY review by User

"Booking software made easy"

What do you like best?

Mind body has a great booking system that allows you to set up different appointments for the clients to book. It's also very easy to navigate through to run reports, see the daily sales, and edit transactions to go to different therapists. I love that there is an app for both the business and the clients. There is a phone number available to call if you ever have any issues and someone will guide you through the whole process until the problem is resolved.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Clients will come in For an appointment that day have scheduled but we won't have it on our booking software. This is frustrating to both the service provider and the client. I have found that sometimes it is difficult to select the correct appointment when there are a bunch of options that have the similar time limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple services that you want to customize and have it the convenience of booking online for your clients and this is the right app

We have providing services to our clients and the schedule is convenient to them online or they can call. Mind body also help send out text message reminders.

MINDBODY review by Suzana S.
Suzana S.

"Great for Gyms, Therapists and any Booking type of Business"

What do you like best?

I have used this software for many of my clients and configured it greatly for them. I love how much work they have put in to it, and how detailed it can be. You can use it for any type of booking business seamlessly if you can figure it out. I love their customer service as well, they are just a phone call away and will help you with any issue or question!

What do you dislike?

Its hard to use for someone who is not technologically apt. I design websites for a living, and I had to really sit through hours on end and discover features and configure them. It's definitely not intuitive, but I guess its because they kept adding features to a structure without revamping the whole system. It's okay, but if you are paying for the premium features, just make sure you are utilizing everything. Some of clients pay for it, and use the basic features only. I also don't like that they work with constant contact only. There should be an integration with mailchimp directly in the system without having to subscribe to Heal code. I also don't like that there is no multilingual support. I am in quebec and thats important here. We sometimes put the class/product descriptions in both languages and it just looks cluttered, but we have to do it.

Client registration, client followup, invoicing and the billing system. It also allows a great way to link from your website to the system.

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"MIndbody for SUP classes"

What do you like best?

we love the fact that people can buy credits, at the beginning of the season, and use them when they want. This helps a lot if we need to cancel a class (which happens sometimes due to weather) and we do not have to spend time rebooking them. They get a credit and then they are able to use it when they can. We also have the waiver signed off on in the system.

What do you dislike?

in canada people are unchecking boxes that allow us to email them and they miss information in a confirmation email about where to meet.

i dont think it has helped sales much. people are not too happy with the long sign up process.

MINDBODY review by Dori K.
Dori K.

"Good product, has it's issues"

What do you like best?

it's easy to use and has several different functions. great at keeping track of client data and scheduling. The app is convenient for staff who do most of their work on their phones, not on desktops.

What do you dislike?

Software tends to be "buggy" and we have many issues on a regular basis that necessitate calls into support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are just getting started do your homework. Mind body's processing fees are high and once everything is set up with autopay you are basically stuck. It's a pain in the neck to switch and will be costly.

We use this software to track clients, book appointments, client billing

MINDBODY review by Megan K.
Megan K.

"Great Scheduling Tool"

What do you like best?

App is very user friendly. Very easy to find the place you're looking for and schedule an event.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really much else you can utilize the app for outside of scheduling, very limited features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for scheduling purposes only. While there are very limited features on the app, you are able to search other places nearby to schedule events or classes.

For members to schedule classes and restricting the number of people that can sign up or each class. The app tells you how many available spaces there are for each class.

"MindBody Online Review"

What do you like best?

Once the MBO system is learned, it's very easy to navigate. Daily tasks are very easy to accomplish with the software. I feel organized and most things are automated so there isn't a lot of computer error.

What do you dislike?

MBO isn't totally user friendly when first learning it, but the software certainly has it's own kind of logic. Once you figure out it's logic, it's very easy to use, but there is definitely a learning curve.

I think a downside might be how vast the program is. This could also be an upside, but I've used MBO with three different fitness studios and still don't feel like I've accesses the full extent of the program.

One cool thing about certain levels of MBO software is that you can set up automated client retention emails, and there are a lot of options within those emails. It's very customizable and I think it helps keep clients engaged.

MINDBODY review by Consultant in Education Management
Consultant in Education Management

"Mindbody "

What do you like best?

I like that it was easy to set up appointments for the personal trainers and the acupuncturist. I also liked that the system would tell you when a client checked in for an appointment and how many sessions the client has left.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that the system sometimes did not always check in every member.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would

Recommend that the system is able to check all gym members in and f there is an error to indicate that when a members id tag is scanned. I also recommend that the system is able to charge each member automatically.There have been many instances when memebers walk in and do not pay and always have an excuse as to why they still haven’t paid for the month. It would be easier if the system had auto payments so that the payments don’t accumulate month after month.

There are no problems with the system that need to be resolved. The benefits are that clients are able to use their check in dates and times in order to be reimbursed for insurance purposes which is benifical.

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"Mindbody is a great system"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about mind body is they have a live chat. So if you are ever having a problem with something or a question to something very specific you can talk to someone on the mindbody team.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about mindbody is the program has a lot of glitches. Usually every few months there’s a day that they system is down or having errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mindbody is a great system for s fitness boutique. It covers everything from a client and their profile to selling retail.

Mindbody is the perfect program for My job. It has everything, from a clients account, to see if their purchase log, to tracing how many classes they have taken. There’s really nothing it doesn’t offer.

Learn more about MINDBODY

MINDBODY Videos

Learning about MINDBODY?

* We monitor all MINDBODY reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
MINDBODY