MINDBODY

3.8

Business management software for health, wellness and beauty industry

Work for MINDBODY?

Learning about MINDBODY?

MINDBODY Reviews

Ask MINDBODY a Question
Showing 162 MINDBODY reviews
MINDBODY review by Henry W.
Henry W.

"Mindbody online is very good"

What do you like best?

Of all the scheduling software I've used as a Massage Therapist,. Mindbody is one of the smoothest, user friendly programs I've ever used, especially if used on a Mac or iPad. Even when used on a PC mindbody works flawlessly. The online scheduling coupled with the easy access, but yet advanced protection of delicate information earns mindbody the respect of being taken seriously in the business industry. Even if you'd like to know your paycheck amount, how much your tips are, or to review client notes, mindbody is there with no bugs or glitches in their program. Thank you mindbody online!

What do you dislike?

Perhaps mindbody could create a split screen option so we can see two pages at once, using one log in without using two mindbody logins to run it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go get mindbody online but because you need it, and you deserve a smooth running program because other sectors of business may not be so smooth, so mindbody will be smooth to save you the added stress!

The client note option, the number count of clients, and previous visits of clients are very easy to keep up with now. No more searching for paper files, and employees know how many services we've done so we know what to expect on payday.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MINDBODY
MINDBODY review by Ayanna D.
Ayanna D.

"Convenient and all in one"

What do you like best?

App is easy to find among the dozens of apps I have on my phone. It seems like an insignificant aspect but it’s important to me. Easier to find easier to use! I love the layout of my favourites as well as the schedule listing. Finding a class I want to book is simple.

What do you dislike?

Takes a few clicks to get to where you need to be but once you get there it’s one stop shop. I wish every class had a description. It should be a mandatory field. It may be tedious for the company but makes all the difference for the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s colourful, easy to use and keeps you in the loop. The design is pleasing to the eye and makes it simple to find among your many apps. When you are added to waitlists, the app keeps you up to date on your position in the queue and it will also let you know the offers available in your area. So if you are in the market for a simple, pretty and functional fitness scheduling app this is it.

Makes scheduling a breeze. Managing interest is also an important feature. Classes that are constantly in need to a waitlist means adding an additional class with the same time slot could be profitable.

What Gym Management solution do you use?

MINDBODY review by Gina C.
Gina C.

"MindBody has its faults"

What do you like best?

I used MindBody for over a year and have learned to use it efficiently. I like how I can schedule things without being the owner of the account. I like how I can have multiple classes run at the same time. I like how there is a MindBody App on my phone that I can access at any time I need to when I work remotely or am out and about. I also like how the Live Chat is SO helpful. Literally, the Mind-Body Live Chat has helped me so much. Anytime I had questions. the live chat was there to assist me.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about MindBody is a lot. I don't like hot the Frequently Asked Questions are so broad and do not/never did help me at all. I also don't how I have to have an account for each of my staff. For instance, I have 20 coaches that run classes and programs at my facility. However, there are only two coach managers that I feel should have a Mind-Body account. Now, since there are multiple classes run simultaneously at the same time. it is very hard to "work around the system" to have the classes show up on the schedule.

Another thing I don't like at all is when I am looking at the overall calendar of the day, some things are overlapped and are impossible to find unless I literally go through the scheduled class to class one at a time.

Scheduling the classes is the main reason my company uses Mind Body. Other than that, for sales or other things, we outsource to different programs because Mind Body is confusing and not the best software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest Camp Minder (if you run children's programs). If you don't run children's programs that Mind Body will work fine.

Scheduling the classes is the main reason my company uses Mind Body. When there are not classes that run simultaneously, Mind Body can be very beneficial to see my companies overall schedule.

MINDBODY review by Enid B.
Enid B.

" The industry standard for fitness software "

What do you like best?

Since there is no really functional I alternative to MINDBODY, it seems to be the software that all send this studios use. I believe it is less prolific for Jim and other wellness services, but for yoga it is convenient because you do not have to learn a new platform between studios. It is easy to use messy business and consumer facing asked to see his schedules, check out clients, and even change details.

What do you dislike?

The system seems to glitch often, causing delay when checking out clients, or the app crashing all together.

As A fitness instructor, are you got up to check students in for classes, and it’s their accounts, and review my own employee data, such as classes time, ours works, and income Garner. It makes taxes and keeping track of your income easy. It also allows me to connect with my clients, by accessing their information all in one place.

MINDBODY review by Meaghan P.
Meaghan P.

"Review"

What do you like best?

the ability to check the clients profile, how many times they have visited, and their payments. this makes it easy when a member questions a payment or how many classes they have left for the month. the app gives the members the ability to book or cancel their classes within seconds and updates on our sides very quickly. mind body online gives our studio the ability to run a well oiled machine and be able to make sure that out members are reserving their spot for the gym class in advance to make sure that they are getting the best use of our gym possible

What do you dislike?

when it creates multiple accounts without you realizing. when this happens the members cannot book their classes as the system will boot them out. when this happens we must go through a long process of trying to reset their accounts and possible having to issue a ticket onto their account for the head office to try to fix.

booking classes at the studio. this website also shows us out utility usage each day and week to see how many of our spots are being used in the classes and the revenue. this website also makes it east for staff members to keep track of their time clocks which is important for their paycheque every two weeks.

MINDBODY review by Terri F.
Terri F.

"How to increase your profitability "

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the ease of setting up the reoccurring revenue via auto pay monthly membership contracts. The other two powerful resources I use are the automated emails, retention/re-engage email marketing, and all the reporting capabilities. The day to day use of class check-in, retail sales, client account management are all features I like.

What do you dislike?

Like any partnership, there are always imperfections and areas of improvement. If I could wave a magic wand and all my wishes were granted, then this is what I would wish: a more robust set of auto email options, more content for the retention and re-engage emails, more functionality related to inventory

the ability of change contract start dates after the contract has been activated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage with them, learn how to fully leverage this powerful software, after min. 6 months use, sign up for a MINDBODY University Session, you'll learn how to use not only the software better, but how to run your business better. With proven strategies, up to date data analysis and market research.

Client retention, increase in membership sales. 1st year of use 50% growth, last two years 20% growth.

MINDBODY review by Maddy B.
Maddy B.

"I don’t know how we’d track all our class attendance without MBO. "

What do you like best?

MBO has an unlimited number of users and can process purchases, products, client information, class schedules and attendance, and staff scheduling, among other things. Our managers can create new products in the system, and take inventory through MindBodyOnline. They can also process transactions through the software, alleviating the need to find a third-party system that can track monthly membership payments and process one-time purchases. All of our client contacts can be stored in MBO, with ample fields for contact details and caveats. We can track class attendance in our account, along with which clients have attended any number of classes in the month, and how many classes they have remaining in their purchased packages. Finally, MBO even processes staff scheduling and time clocks, logging pay rates and clocked-in hours.

What do you dislike?

The breadth of capabilities of MBO is so large that it seems impossible to know them all. Additionally, often wait-times for service calls can be several hours, so pressing needs cannot be immediately addressed in every case. MBO also has texting services, but those are not freely available to be used by administrators. Mass texts can be sent to the entire client base, or automatic texts can be sent to clients verifying purchases and receipts, but the studio cannot text individual clients with customized reminders or questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MBO can be clunky because of its wide range of capabilities; if you’re looking for something this large, go for it!

MBO takes care of just about everything! It’s marketing and capabilities to text and emaIl individuals could be more robust, but as far as operations go, MBO is reliable.

MINDBODY review by Lindsay C.
Lindsay C.

"Great and Easy App and Site to use"

What do you like best?

I love the simple layout and easy navigation to the app and the website. It has been extremely easy to use to as an admin to check all employees into classes in addition to signing them up for classes. I also really like the layout of the classes on a day to day and a week by week basis.

What do you dislike?

I do not have a complaint for MindBody. It was a great tool to have at my gym.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use is fantastic. I would definitely recommend this product to all health, wellness, and fitness users for class scheduling, massage scheduling, in addition to calendars for exercise specialists and personal trainers.

The only business problem that I have is that we don't use it anymore. We switched to another software, and I dislike it so much. I miss MindBody.

MINDBODY review by Darcy V.
Darcy V.

"Best Technical Support"

What do you like best?

The tech support has been outstanding. I've called late night and have always gotten a native English speaker who has always been more than happy to help and spend as much time with me as needed. I like that they are able to see your screen and walk you through the process.

What do you dislike?

Set up can be somewhat challenging but tech support has been extremely helpful. Our system was setup up by a previous owner so it's been challenging for us to go back and undo things that were not set up correctly originally. Not really the fault of the software but it has been difficult for us to cipher through all the details of set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic system that does literally everything you would want or need it to do. Honestly, there are so many features that have really helped us to be able to boost our profits.

We needed an easier way for clients to book online and to easily purchase class passes/memberships. We've been able to successfully increase our sales through the ease of online purchasing and booking

MINDBODY review by Michelle D.
Michelle D.

"we use it but we dont love it"

What do you like best?

i am able to collect EFT payments, and schedule clients the way I need to

What do you dislike?

There are MANY features that keep getting added that are NOT applicable to my business. The price keeps going up, but I am not using any additional features. I do not feel that it is worth the $$ that I pay monthly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be certain that you will be using the features that they offer.. there may be other software out there that addresses your needs, with a lesser price tag. I am currently searching for other software options that meet my needs without the high price tag.

My members are able to schedule/reschedule/cancel appointments at their own convenience. I am able to collect EFT payments monthly.

MINDBODY review by User

"Functional, but could be simpler"

What do you like best?

iPad app is great and easy to use - simple, navigation is easy and quick. Checking clients in and out of class is quick and painless.

What do you dislike?

Desktop website could be more user-friendly - it's fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it, but the website isn't incredibly intuitive. Some tasks are made a bit more convoluted than they need to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In terms of the fitness world, this is your best bet - it's a one-stop shop for not only booking clients and checking them into classes, but selling them retail, class packs, and memberships. You're not likely to find a more efficient app and website.

Provides a quick and usually easy way to see client history, book them into classes (and they can book themselves using the app or website), sell them retail, classes and memberships, and more. It's nice having a one-stop website/app for everything we do here at the company.

MINDBODY review by Karen S.
Karen S.

"Widely used among fitness studios"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use this software when checking in students, track their purchase history and class visits, and learn more about each student.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when students are checking in from out of region, it is difficult to find them in the system or they may appear to owe for classes even though they don't. Also, the purchasing tabs are not the most intuitive. It will sometimes take a while to find the exact item needed from the dropdown menus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get fully trained in the software before using it so you can easily handle unusual transactions along the way.

Mindbody solves the problem of accurately tracking student checkins and membership/class package purchases. It will show if a student owes for class upon checkin and thus prevents loss of profits.

MINDBODY review by Tamara J.
Tamara J.

"Mindbody is one of the most versatile platforms for the Health and wellness community"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use, customer support is always extremely helpful, the app allows for existing Mindbody consumers to discover your business and it is a very customizable experience for big or small companies. At the end of the day they make our lives at our business a lot easier and much more manageable.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the servers crash but rarely, maybe once every two months. Also as you delve deeper into the features you notice there may be easier ways to set-up certain features to make them less confusing. Their customer service handles many problems I encounter so I can't say that I dislike too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of their amazing customer support if you have any questions at all. Their team is available 24/7 and I have never been left confused or without a solution to my problem.

Mindbody provides an easy way to store all of our clients information, allows them to sign up for classes easily and allows for personalized contact with our customers. The reports we run with Mindbody are extremely helpful in helping us determine retail, marketing and sales goals.

Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Mindbody needs an overhaul"

What do you like best?

Online scheduling. - but many products do it better

What do you dislike?

Mind body is a top-heavy application. It is loaded with features you’ll never use because they don’t work. I have been using it for three years and none of the customer service support team can activate the gift certificate function for my clients to buy gift certificates online easily. Another example is the referral program that they claim is built-in to mind-body.. It is impossible to link referrals to the clients that came from. When I pointed this out to a manager at MINDBODY their response was “that’s why nobody uses it!”

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t. It’s old and needs a complete overhaul. Lots of features require workarounds that are not easy for staff to do. Too many steps and things get messed up easily. Can’t edit invoices. Referral program doesn’t work.

This program has caused more problems than it’s worth

MINDBODY review by Lisa G.
Lisa G.

"1 Size Fits All ... Not"

What do you like best?

I have used MindBody at 2 different jobs. I like that you can have access to the system on your phone via an app. Easy to get access to view the days schedule. I don't use the app for more than that.

What do you dislike?

I find Mindbody has so much potential but it is just not there yet. I use it daily and find it to be very buggy. What I dislike most is that if you open a member account and get side tracked by another task and that page is idle for even a short time- the page times out and you end up losing info. Members from other locations should but have a lot of difficulty scheduling their sessions at other locations- which generates extra work for our front desk. Because MBO is used for a variety of businesses I don't find it to be very user friendly and does have a bit of a learning curve. The language used and certain function may not apply to your business which can add to the confusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MindBody has a lot of potential. Great for scheduling, logging member info and use of an App make it a great business tool. I do find it's "One size fits all" interface creates a big learning curve as not all functions may pertain to your business. Because of this staff may find it not very user friendly.

Adding profile pics to a member profile with the app is super easy. Members can manage their own schedule.

MINDBODY review by User in Music
User in Music

"Easy scheduler for businesses "

What do you like best?

What I like about it is that your schedule or appointments can be accessed easily through an app. I have used other websites for other things, but those require you to refresh the page and does not sync realtime to your calendar app. On Mindbody, you can see your schedule in a daily or weekly format. It works like a calendar and is very easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I've gotten logged out automatically and had to log back on. You have to make sure that your remember your password, or you will have to ask your admin for help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mindbody is an easy scheduler where the schedule can be updated and checked realtime. It makes it easier for the business and the customers to keep track of the schedule without having to make phone calls or write emails. It allows you to see your schedule like a calendar months ahead so that you can make other plans or appointments accordingly.

Using the Mindbody App helped to update schedules realtime rather than making phone calls or sending emails. It saves time and allows you to look at the appointments many months ahead.

MINDBODY review by Prairie P.
Prairie P.

"Worst Experience Ever + They Are Crooks!"

What do you like best?

The only thing good about this company was the lovely woman who was my onboarding specialist - she tried her best. But when the company she works for is completely hopeless, in the end, her hands were tied.

What do you dislike?

I was with MindBody for 3 months. One of my requirements and one of the major draw cards to MB for me was that their services included a merchant account, from which I could take payments at my studio. When the first card swiper arrived, it did not work. I spent weeks going back and forth with Tech Support about the issue and then they ended up sending me another swiper. The second one arrived 2 weeks later and also didn't work. Another few weeks went by with them trouble-shooting and ultimately no resolution. Their solution: send me another swiper, which then took 3 weeks to arrive. Still did not work. I told my account specialist that I wanted to cancel my account before the next payment was due and she reassured me that I would not be charged for the coming month since the issue was still unresolved more than two months later. What shows up on my bank statement two days later? A charge for another month. I closed my account immediately and requested a refund. They are refusing to issue one. I paid for 3 months of a service that was 99% unusable for me. This company is a joke! It takes days for them to respond to emails, if they ever respond. You wait upwards of an hour when you call in. DO NOT USE THEM!! And their backend is so outdated!

Recommendations to others considering the product

DON'T DO IT!

Not one thing.

MINDBODY review by Kelly Y.
Kelly Y.

"Mindbody is an awesome software!"

What do you like best?

It’s easy to navigate and simple to use on th computer and phone. We use it at Pure Barre to keep track of clients bookings, purchases, etc. I’ve never run into a problem with it and am happy that we use it!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about it is that I didn’t know about it sooner! I could’ve been usin the app on my phone all along to book fitness classes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NOne! LOve!

No manual check in, we can do it all from the phone app or computer. So many different reports can be run, it’s amazing!

MINDBODY review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Go deeper than the surface -- and watch your invoice"

What do you like best?

On the surface it does just about everything you would want it to do. Light Ecommerce, gift certificates, booking, class packs, we've even been using the custom mobile app feature since its inception. But after 7 yrs using the application we are actively seeking a replacement. Their tech support was pretty world class for a long time. Since the IPO it has deteriorated rapidly. What used to be real customer care now is your stereotypical answer the question get them off the phone as fast as possible support with very long wait times r

What do you dislike?

1) Now that MB is a public company they have raised their prices over 250%. They send you an announcement that your prices will be going up but not with much notice to actually react as a business. Since you don't sign a contract you're month to month and they take well advantage of that. Our fees are 2-3x the competitors applications and we are not fully subscribed to all the features. They will tell you look at all the innovation -- it's all innovation they charge additional for anyway so you really arent a benefactor of their innovation. On that front have a look through their customer care forum. There are hundreds of features that have been broken for years that are core functionality that we continue to have to be creative to find work arounds. Simple things like recurring class scheduling.

2) You will spend more time modifying your business to match the clunky processes of MB than you imagine you would have to do. Classes are tough enough, but multi session workshops or teacher trainign sessions are a nightmare to set up.

3) the check-in/check-out or "retailing" is a simple 33 step process. they have been saying they will modernize and correct the checkout process since before we were a customer 7 yrs ago. there has been near zero change to the check out process in 7 yrs. Most of the "innovation" has been a new user interface that looks better but has done little to actually remove steps out of the processes. I would argue it has added steps since they hide functionality on different screens to make the UI seem more user friendly.

4) the MindBody app they brag about does more to market your competitors than it does to help your business. When was the last time you walked into a business where you knew what back office system they used?? Never. Not with Mindbody - they want to be in YOUR CUSTOMER'S face with their app promoting every business in their ecosystem at the detriment of your business.

5) What used to be real customer care now is your stereotypical answer the question get them off the phone as fast as possible support with very long wait times for the PRIVLEDGE and yes thats the way they make you feel when you get someone on the phone ...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dig very deep into the functions. Ask LOTS of questions. Have them demo to your needs not their canned demo. If you have a process that you're trying to solve for make sure they show you. Dig deeply into the invoicing and pricing and try to see if they will lock pricing for a yr or longer.

In the beginning it was great -- there were few options in the marketplace, and it was reasonably affordable. Now there are considerably more modern options for a fraction of the price, that are simpler to use.

MINDBODY review by Ariel N.
Ariel N.

"This software can do a lot but is often too complicated and doesn’t allow us to do certain things"

What do you like best?

Not much, I get more annoyed on a weekly basis and the app doesn’t always allow us to do what we should and won’t always sync up

Changes made from app to computer in salon

What do you dislike?

A lot of things. Double booking is a hassle, it’s so picky about what it allows you to do and you have to manually do too many steps to customize people’s services, prices, schedules etc..

Recommendations to others considering the product

As of now no, I liked our software and another salon better

Very average service, we have more issues with this software not have the quick and simplified functions we need. I wish our boss would switch.

MINDBODY review by Jennifer T.
Jennifer T.

"Did not meet expectations"

What do you like best?

They have a great onboarding team. When I first signed up, I was walked through how to use the features of the software. I had weekly calls with my trainer to learn how to use it. It was also great on the consumer end-none of my clients seemed to have issues booking online.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything. It was very clunky and difficult or inconvenient to use. I wanted a system that I could book, check out, track rewards and loyalty points, sell and track inventory through, and market through. This system did not meet my needs at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your business needs, Mindbody can be good software to use. However, I would first see if there is a less expensive option that meets your needs. I wouldn't waste my time or money with Mindbody.

None. I tried the software for a good four months, but was paying far to much for a system that didn't deliver what I needed.

MINDBODY review by Garrett E.
Garrett E.

"Can't beat it for the money"

What do you like best?

There is so much that this software can do. It is full of features that you may have to spend some time learning BUT once you do, you can run your business more efficiently and do your job better. I highly recommend putting your time into this software because it is the best bang for your buck that you can get. It may not be as flashy as others but it is focused on the core area that you need it.

What do you dislike?

could use some work on aesthetics and maybe a little faster but that could be our service provider

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! We really have liked the results that we have seen using. But your staff does need to understand it.

scheduling, payment processing, sales process, client tracking and financial analysis

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Photography
Administrator in Photography

"Easy for clients to use"

What do you like best?

Mindbody looks beautiful from the client-facing side, and their branded web tools are helpful for clients who aren’t as familiar with using an app. It’s easy for new clients to discover a business, and also for existing clients to create an account and access their classes.

What do you dislike?

Most features and products are accessible from the client’s app, but auto-renewing contracts must be set up through a staff member. This complicates the process and slows things down, but it does give us a chance to explain the details of the contract to each client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using it as soon as possible— registering a new client is easier than transitioning an existing one.

With a growing company, software like mindbody is helpful for organizing passes and allowing clients to control their own schedules and cancellations.

Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Mindbody works for what we need"

What do you like best?

I like that Mind Body tends to help support us pretty quickly if we have some issues. Mind Body also hosts a conference every year, where they gather the ideas of so many gyms and fitness professionals around them, and learn how to be better and grow into something that can improve the lives of more than just the company.

What do you dislike?

I really wish that they had a "check out" option for the sign in for childcare. Mind body website also tends to have some hiccups and issues with refreshing. Many times, if you scan a client in, the system will duplicate them in a different window, which causes errors for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mind Body is a company that is constantly evolving, which is a beautiful and perfect thing for the fitness industry. Mind Body adapts and changes as businesses need to ensure that clients get exactly what they need to help others and grow into a more efficient system.

Mind Body is a corporate program with many benefits for supporting us at the gym. I have realized that it's great to have a program that will check in and host all of our projects and classes. Mind body is solving issues for us keeping track of so many of our sales, check ins, classes and special programs.

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Mindbody is Frustrating and Counterintuituve "

What do you like best?

The color coded system for keeping track of where a client is in the building is helpful.

What do you dislike?

It’s annoying that you can’t uncheck someone out. It’s also annoying that you can’t make an appointment for a time that has already passed. Sometimes I need to record something after the fact. Additionally there doesn’t seem to be a way to print a list of clients with credit remaining in their account that includes there email addresses which leaves me to look up each email individually. Also, there should be a way to have a client pay for another client seamlessly, rather than having to add a relationship.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, there may be better options out there. I’m sure it depends on the business. For a float spa, I highly prefer Floathelm.

Mindbody keeps everything in one place for our schedule and prevents us from double booking appointments.

MINDBODY review by Allie G.
Allie G.

"Clean and easy interface with LOTS of functions"

What do you like best?

I love the ease in which I can book, see the entire staff's schedule for the day OR view just my full schedule day by day or week by week. Along with booking and scheduling, I can view my payroll report, my availability, client's info, etc. There are really so many useful functions and it's an entire business's backbone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how hard it is to modify a scheduled time. First you have to change the time block availabilty and THEN you can adjust the session's time. It would be easier if you could just do this in one step.

I also dislike that as I teach at two studios and have employee access AND client access I can't be signed in to more than one account at a time or combine any of them. I'm constantly logging in and out of accounts and it's time consuming.

Additionally, when a person is subbing a class it isn't always showing in the normal staff view. You have to look at that individual's schedule to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say make sure that this has what you need, but it IS very inclusive. Utilize the app as well - Mindbody Express for employees and MindBody for clients.

The entire issue of scheduling and maintaining that schedule for employees AND clients. Benefits are such that clients and staff are able to book and change things virtually anywhere.

MINDBODY review by Kenya M.
Kenya M.

"Great concept, but not always consistent"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the functionality and layout of the dashboard.

What do you dislike?

Navigating the administrator tools can be rather confusing and often cannot remember how to access a previous screen once outside of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest shopping around to see what your needs are. The software has good intentions, but often times comes up short in implementation and ease of use. If you have a team who can dedicate themselves to training on the software that is good.

I enjoy the ability to have a variety of offerings (classes, workshops, events) for our clients/customers and for everything to be integrated easily (cc processing, offering specific widgets).

MINDBODY review by Bradley K.
Bradley K.

"Convenient system to manage customer relationships and optimize sales"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and convenience of how to monitor your clients and make sure that your business is run as efficiently as possible.

What do you dislike?

Only one minor gripe. The follow-up drop down tab is not the best with sifting through leads in order of importance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you learn the system, it can prove to be an invaluable tool for your business and its success.

The innate documentation of the system allows for quick problem solving when dealing with clients issues which empowers the employees to provide enhanced customer service.

MINDBODY review by Melanie M.
Melanie M.

"Great Salon/Spa software"

What do you like best?

The software is very user friendly and the customer support is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

This software is very simple and has a great customer service team to assist with any questions or concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and chat with a sales specialist to find which plan works best for you. After 6 months, talk to a specialist again to be sure you are utilizing all of your features.

We have utilized all of the benefits of having an online scheduling software. Some competitors do not currently offer online booking, so this is a great platform for us to use/offer.

MINDBODY review by User

"MindBody for Alternative Health"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to access client history and add notes to every account. Booking appointments is simple. The online booking and the app work very well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like there are too many options. Too many ways to do things so it can get confusing between staff members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are too many options sometimes. I think it could be streamlined a bit more. Also a way to give a onetime discount on autopays would be helpful. As of now we are going through and changing the price of the autopay manually for several months.

It is easy for clients to book their own appointments through the app. Booking and checking out appointments is simple and quick, no waiting around for clients. The autopays section is very helpful to streamline our client experience. I am very satisfied with how it is performing.

MINDBODY review by Kt B.
Kt B.

"Terrible Software Use Pike 13 Instead"

What do you like best?

Nothing. It's deeply inadequate. We often used spreadsheets and google docs to keep track of important customer information that this software simply didn't have the ability to do. Also their customer service is slow and not very helpful. There are SO many better options.

What do you dislike?

Had to use google documents to keep track of client information along with a third party emailing system. It was really messy and we had client data all over the place. The system wasn't simple to use and often resulted in errors or failures to work at all. It frustrated our customer's endlessly and didn't offer any options for emailing online invoices directly to clients. It was seriously inadequate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Pike 13 first. It allows for you to do so much more. MINDBODY doesn't even have the capacity to contact clients directly from the software.

We were using it as our scheduling and payment software for client enrollments.

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"Best of what currently exists."

What do you like best?

The customer service is unbelievable!

There are some great reports available to show you how business is doing. They are really helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it goes rogue and changes things on its own. You have to go back and manually change a ton of things and then double check to make sure they are correct.

The program isn't entirely intuitive. There are a bunch of customizable items that are worded strangely to convey different meanings than intended. Double check with your support team.

There are some limiting barriers that exist. Hopefully in the next coming years they will figure out solutions to overcome these things.

Overall, always check your changes to make sure they were actually made and keep a close eve on your schedule to make sure that it doesn't mysteriously change!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a steep learning curve. Get their support team on the phone and you will learn things the fastest. Be patient with the software as sometimes it goes rogue and makes changes to things all by itself! Hang in there.

We primarily use this for our clients to sign into and up for our fitness classes. It has some really awesome reporting tools to let you know how your business is doing. Really beneficial!

MINDBODY review by Suzana S.
Suzana S.

"Great for Gyms, Therapists and any Booking type of Business"

What do you like best?

I have used this software for many of my clients and configured it greatly for them. I love how much work they have put in to it, and how detailed it can be. You can use it for any type of booking business seamlessly if you can figure it out. I love their customer service as well, they are just a phone call away and will help you with any issue or question!

What do you dislike?

Its hard to use for someone who is not technologically apt. I design websites for a living, and I had to really sit through hours on end and discover features and configure them. It's definitely not intuitive, but I guess its because they kept adding features to a structure without revamping the whole system. It's okay, but if you are paying for the premium features, just make sure you are utilizing everything. Some of clients pay for it, and use the basic features only. I also don't like that they work with constant contact only. There should be an integration with mailchimp directly in the system without having to subscribe to Heal code. I also don't like that there is no multilingual support. I am in quebec and thats important here. We sometimes put the class/product descriptions in both languages and it just looks cluttered, but we have to do it.

Client registration, client followup, invoicing and the billing system. It also allows a great way to link from your website to the system.

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"MIndbody for SUP classes"

What do you like best?

we love the fact that people can buy credits, at the beginning of the season, and use them when they want. This helps a lot if we need to cancel a class (which happens sometimes due to weather) and we do not have to spend time rebooking them. They get a credit and then they are able to use it when they can. We also have the waiver signed off on in the system.

What do you dislike?

in canada people are unchecking boxes that allow us to email them and they miss information in a confirmation email about where to meet.

i dont think it has helped sales much. people are not too happy with the long sign up process.

MINDBODY review by Dori K.
Dori K.

"Good product, has it's issues"

What do you like best?

it's easy to use and has several different functions. great at keeping track of client data and scheduling. The app is convenient for staff who do most of their work on their phones, not on desktops.

What do you dislike?

Software tends to be "buggy" and we have many issues on a regular basis that necessitate calls into support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are just getting started do your homework. Mind body's processing fees are high and once everything is set up with autopay you are basically stuck. It's a pain in the neck to switch and will be costly.

We use this software to track clients, book appointments, client billing

MINDBODY review by Megan K.
Megan K.

"Great Scheduling Tool"

What do you like best?

App is very user friendly. Very easy to find the place you're looking for and schedule an event.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really much else you can utilize the app for outside of scheduling, very limited features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for scheduling purposes only. While there are very limited features on the app, you are able to search other places nearby to schedule events or classes.

For members to schedule classes and restricting the number of people that can sign up or each class. The app tells you how many available spaces there are for each class.

"MindBody Online Review"

What do you like best?

Once the MBO system is learned, it's very easy to navigate. Daily tasks are very easy to accomplish with the software. I feel organized and most things are automated so there isn't a lot of computer error.

What do you dislike?

MBO isn't totally user friendly when first learning it, but the software certainly has it's own kind of logic. Once you figure out it's logic, it's very easy to use, but there is definitely a learning curve.

I think a downside might be how vast the program is. This could also be an upside, but I've used MBO with three different fitness studios and still don't feel like I've accesses the full extent of the program.

One cool thing about certain levels of MBO software is that you can set up automated client retention emails, and there are a lot of options within those emails. It's very customizable and I think it helps keep clients engaged.

MINDBODY review by Consultant in Education Management
Consultant in Education Management

"Mindbody "

What do you like best?

I like that it was easy to set up appointments for the personal trainers and the acupuncturist. I also liked that the system would tell you when a client checked in for an appointment and how many sessions the client has left.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that the system sometimes did not always check in every member.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would

Recommend that the system is able to check all gym members in and f there is an error to indicate that when a members id tag is scanned. I also recommend that the system is able to charge each member automatically.There have been many instances when memebers walk in and do not pay and always have an excuse as to why they still haven’t paid for the month. It would be easier if the system had auto payments so that the payments don’t accumulate month after month.

There are no problems with the system that need to be resolved. The benefits are that clients are able to use their check in dates and times in order to be reimbursed for insurance purposes which is benifical.

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"Mindbody is a great system"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about mind body is they have a live chat. So if you are ever having a problem with something or a question to something very specific you can talk to someone on the mindbody team.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike about mindbody is the program has a lot of glitches. Usually every few months there’s a day that they system is down or having errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mindbody is a great system for s fitness boutique. It covers everything from a client and their profile to selling retail.

Mindbody is the perfect program for My job. It has everything, from a clients account, to see if their purchase log, to tracing how many classes they have taken. There’s really nothing it doesn’t offer.

MINDBODY review by Beckett A.
Beckett A.

"Invaluable"

What do you like best?

It's a very powerful platform for scheduling, classes, account and user profile management. Pretty much does everything! Our business would be a lot harder without it. We can run reports to see which classes are doing well and which ones are failing, see our attendance averages, membership and class pass usage reports, etc. It makes not only running our daily schedule easy and streamlined, but also our ability suss out which classes our students like to take and offer more of them. As well as keeping student records and profiles all ing the same place, which all makes it an invaluable tool for our business!

What do you dislike?

Some features are a little complicated to use, but they're always working on improving the user friendliness. I wish it was easier to see all scheduled classes, appointments, workshops, etc. in one place, like on the app. There are some glitches in the system, such as the fact that membership discounts that are supposed to apply on the purchase screen automatically never have. And prerequisites don't always automatically update, so we often have to adjust them manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're very responsive to user feedback. They work hard on implementing features that their customers request for making their businesses run more smoothly.

It's been absolutely necessary when it comes to our appointment scheduling system and online class schedule!

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"Profits before people. "

What do you like best?

I used the MBO software system for 8 years and it was great, the support network was probably my favourite thing. They are reliable, consistent and general happy to talk to you.

What do you dislike?

There is zero flexibility. They increased prices by 25% in January and then again by 36% in March or lose valuable services that I had become accustomed to as part of my software. It was hugely disappointing, but they hold all the power and I had no choice to do what they wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first I thought MBO was the only option, because it is what everyone uses but there are SO many other options out there. Smaller companies, where you can build relationships that offer a product that is just as good if not better than MBO. MBO is good, only really if you have a big operation with multiple sites, if you are a smaller mom and pop shop than I would go with another option.

I love that this software makes my life easy at an entrepreneur. It keeps track of all the little details that I do not have time to manage on my own.

MINDBODY review by Tammy W.
Tammy W.

"Good. Could be better."

What do you like best?

The amount of information MBO holds in one place. All of the reports available. Contact logs.

What do you dislike?

You can't put a member in classes without going to that class. The rreports arent user friendly. It goes down often. You can't reassign all of someone's follow ups without doing it individually.

It is how we manage our members. We use it daily. We use the reports for employee accountability and the health og our studio.

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"Used for Spa Management"

What do you like best?

I find mind body easy to use with a variety of different options in doing similar things. Multiple ways to check out whether you want to combine clients, or combine memberships etc. It is easy to navigate through the customer database as well

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you need to enter email and phone number in order to book someone in. sometimes in a crunch when someone is a walk in, it would be easier to just book in with their name, complete their treatment, then return to entering info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SImple and effective

No problems other then one day when the system was shut down. the mind body ipad attachment swiper doesnt always work as well.

MINDBODY review by Amber F.
Amber F.

"Many Functions but Very Outdated"

What do you like best?

MindBody's functionality is definitely the highest of all of the other platforms. You have literally endless ways to structure payments from clients including recurring contracts, packages, punch card style, gift cards... it's endless. The consumer side app is also great but I own a cryotherapy studio, not a gym or fitness studio which I feel like is definitely where their focus is with marketing. Their support team is second to none; especially the online chat option which is quick and awesome for little questions. I also attended MBO Bold last year and the event was very fun, full of energy, and I got a lot of use out of the courses we took.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint about the software is definitely the ease of use. The software is outdated and very slow to load. For example, when you want to check a client out, you literally have a MINIMUM of 7 clicks before you can swipe a clients card, and each time you click you have to wait for content to load. At BOLD we learned that the software was being updated but after talking to some other attendees they said that they heard the same thing at the 2015 BOLD and there had been no major updates since; a big red flag for me. Ultimately, when they decided to increase the price so significantly in January, I decided to begin looking elsewhere. I'm frustrated that they would be increasing prices before making the updates that this software so desperately needs. I can do without some of the functionalities of this software in exchange for a product that is clean and easy to use. Also, all of the hardware they sell for their software (cash registers, credit card swipers, scanners, etc) is marked up literally 50% or more than what you can get the exact same products from Amazon for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you play around on the back end for a solid few weeks and test out other software before you decide MBO is for you. There are probably companies out there that do actually NEED funcionalities that MBO offers which nobody else does, but for the rest of us these small additional features are not going to outweigh how difficult the software is to navigate. I would definitely start your search with Mindbody, determine what you are actually going to need, and then scale down from there. Other softwares are available for literally half the price. Also, don't be fooled by the low merchant processing fees - after everything is said and done I'm usually paying between 3.5% and 4%. Merchant processing fees should be a major consideration - I paid over $9000 in fees which means my software was even more expensive than I thought.

We need to be able to track clients and their preferences, schedule appointments or walk-ins, and sell retail products. Our pricing options are based heavily on memberships & packages.

MINDBODY review by Dorothy G.
Dorothy G.

"Overall good platform"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see how many people are enrolled in things and create links directly to where they can sign up through the manager tools setting.

What do you dislike?

For whatever reason I don't find the navigation very intuitive.

I am a new user, but use it often for promoting courses with low enrollment as our team's social media marketer. It's great to be able to get an insiders look at the enrollment and I plan to also start using reports as well for email marketing.

MINDBODY review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Awesome features, could stand to simplify"

What do you like best?

MindBody has a lot of great features. I especially like the alerts. You're able to set different levels of alerts either at time of booking, at checkout, or just in general on a client profile. Notes on a client profile are also easily changed.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit touchy- you have to click exactly the right spot to avoid messing something up. It's also designed more for yoga or fitness studios than for hair salons, which is what I've used it for. Their retail area is sometimes tough to navigate, and there's a lot going on in the retail interface and checkout screens. Another problem is that there was no way to charge a stored credit card that a customer may have entered during their online sign-up... What's the point of having stored credit card info if we can't charge the card?

Mindbody is excellent for double booking, and for keeping client profiles well-detailed and up to date.

MINDBODY review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Mindbody"

What do you like best?

Mindbody makes it exteremely easy to schedule appointments for clients. Using the program for multiple clients, it was easy to match the right provider to the right customer. As a scheduler in an offsite scheduling office, we were able to give the patients convenience in scheduling, while not having to worry about the time difference between our two offices.

What do you dislike?

If you have multiple practices and need to change accounts, you often have to completely close out the browser and delete all cookies. It is not easy to switch accounts in MindBody. Also, you have to save appointments twice when scheduling, so you often have to go back to make sure that the appointment has actually been scheduled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure everyone is trained completely on how to use the software.

Mindbody is easy to use for all of our schedulers and providers. Our patients can be sure that they are getting the care they need and their provider is not having to fuss around with scheduling. Another software that we tried did not accommodate for the difference in time zones between the office and scheduling department. With the services being in the cloud, all needs are met. The schedule can be accessed by whoever needs to.

MINDBODY review by Kristina C.
Kristina C.

"MindBody Review"

What do you like best?

That it is available as a mobile app and updates quickly. It houses a large amount of data and with a few clicks I am able to easily see who is signed up for my classes, find their name and contact info if needed, and check people in. I can even process payments through it!

What do you dislike?

Every once and a while it glitches and requires me to restart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the only app which integrates fitness/yoga/etc classes and allows ease of use to sign up. It tracks who has a membership, and also keeps up with your personal memberships. With so many other difficult things going on, this is simple!

I use it as a barre instructor, it's nice to be able to look back and review who came to classes, look at numbers, prep for future classes based on that information.

MINDBODY review by Kara M.
Kara M.

"Powerful software, but not the easiest to use"

What do you like best?

We are able to manage all aspects of our classes, from auto pay, to member details, in one place. With e-mail integration and reporting, this is a great platform.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to use, I'd say. There are lots of features that, once you are using them, seem a little clunky, cluttered, and it's not the most intuitive. You have to really dig into this platform to learn it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitley do all of the training you have available to you before implementing this!

We are getting better engagement with clients for booking appoitnments, classes, etc. especially becuase of the app. The auto pay features, and POS system, are also great for improving our retention!

MINDBODY review by Tracy W.
Tracy W.

"Good software to use"

What do you like best?

Mindbody is pretty easy to use. I am new to the software and have been to learn how to navigate around, mostly bymyself. If integrates well with my online Zcubator software, too, which is very helpful. It is very automated, and I have very few problems with it.

What do you dislike?

I had one problem that i submitted that took a while to fix. It was very small, though, and not a huge deal. Just a glitch. I am sure they had other important things working.

I am able to reach out to large numbers of my clients at one time. Everything is right where I want it. I can run reports that I didn't even know I wanted!

MINDBODY review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Using Mindbody software to help run a Pilates studio/ Business"

What do you like best?

The ability to easily view upcoming clients for a given day, any information about each client such as injury history etc.

And the ability for the client to see availability on Mindbody so they can book appointments according to their schedule.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major dislikes of this software, it basically makes my life a lot easier to run an organized business in a professional way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth trying this software.

I do believe it will make your life easier as a business owner and it will also make your business look more professional.

I have solved the need for an assistant to help with books/scheduling as the Mindbody application does this for me with very minimal time and effort.

MINDBODY review by Sara  P.
Sara P.

"Overall good experience "

What do you like best?

I really like that you can use it for all your sign in needs. As an Admin at a fitness studio it is exactly what you need for that.

What do you dislike?

Some times there are little issues with the customer's end not meeting up with our end which is annoying

We use it to sign in clients which is a huge time saver compared to our pen-paper model

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"Saves time with appointments/payments but definitely not perfect "

What do you like best?

It automates a lot of tasks that would otherwise be very time consuming

What do you dislike?

There are regular disruptions, customer support is not readily available when needed as they have a high volume of clients constantly needing support, not all support staff are equally well versed with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does save time generally Ute it seems they are growing too fast for what they can keep up with. Quality of software suffers, LONG wait times with customer support and they are very high priced.

Collecting payments, clients creating profiles and scheduling online, ability to offer products and services through an online store

MINDBODY review by Kierra D.
Kierra D.

"Great way to streamline "

What do you like best?

I love how this software streamlines everything for my business. They provide you with training and a representative will coach you through the setup over the phone.

What do you dislike?

It is a very complex and a lot to learn. I’m still learning it after having it for over 6 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very great software to use that streamline most of my business activity.

It allows me to accept payments, manage my schedule and keep track of my clients.

MINDBODY review by Marsha B.
Marsha B.

"Mindbody for Everybody"

What do you like best?

I have so much to juggle as a business owner, and Mindbody takes away the hassle. I'm not a tech savvy person, but I love how easy it is for me to schedule and for the clients to sign up for services at my Center.

What do you dislike?

It is full of features. I'm not sure I could ever spend the time learning everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fabulous for the complex business I run.

Trying to book appointments and classes in a way that makes sense to me and my clients.

MINDBODY review by User in Music
User in Music

"Feature Rich, but extremely frustrating scheduling software"

What do you like best?

The ability to check my business’ schedule from wherever I am.

What do you dislike?

The constant downtime Ive experience over the last two years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mindbody is constantly raising their costs and pricing the average user out. It could be so much better than it is, but it seems whoever is steering the company is concerned with profits above usability and uptime. If they made the software more user friendly and fixed the outages I would give it a much higher recommendation.

We are solving scheduling issues for our clients, payment issues for the business and giving our company a more cohesive, professional look.

MINDBODY review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Love it"

What do you like best?

The app is easy to use and helpful in finding locations to attend class as well as preparing for my own classes.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, the app is generally outstanding.

No business problems, primarily my own attendance to classes, but I also review my classes that I coach. It makes it easy to be prepared.

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"Looking for an alternative"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is finally useful and nearly full-featured. The product overall has the majority of features that a business needs, but setup can be cumbersome.

What do you dislike?

The product is inconsistent - some features are easily modified, while others require 15 steps through deprecated interfaces. Some desirable features are absent altogether. Constant price increases and sales pitches for products that don’t align with my business, along with the sale of my contact info, are a real turnoff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around!

We use MB for our online self sign-in schedule for classes and as our merchant gateway, as well as for limited auto-marketing emails.

MINDBODY review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Use MindBody all the time"

What do you like best?

I teach at 4 different pilates studios and it's easy to log into my different accounts to manage my work schedule.

What do you dislike?

I wish the mobile app had all the features of desktop. I also wish there were more reporting capabilities/parameters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If someone in your organization knows how to use it well, learn all you can from them. Otherwise, basic usage is fairly easy, and the MBO staff are also available to troubleshoot

It's great for managing schedules and making sales easy via the mobile app so I don't need a computer (or to know the desk PC login at whatever studio I am at)

MINDBODY review by Luke D.
Luke D.

"Works great for my small fitness studio"

What do you like best?

I like that it takes booking classes completely off my hands so members are responsible for booking.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that members cannot see how many people are booked in a class with them after they have signed up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the best value I have found for class based gyms.

Takes a lot of time off of my hands not having to deal with scheduling members.

MINDBODY review by Chardae  D.
Chardae D.

"Makes running a studio that mush easier!"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of the website and the Connect, Express, and Check-in apps. Connect makes it very easy for our clients to reserve classes, and I can use the Express app if the Wifi goes down, or if I'm not close to a computer. Check-in saves on paper!

What do you dislike?

I wish the Check-in app could show more than what's coming up within the next two hours. Sometimes clients want to take a more detailed look at the class schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use the tutorials. They're incredibly helpful to learn all the steps for different actions.

Reporting on new clients, sales, capacity.

MINDBODY review by Macy N.
Macy N.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

I love that mindbody is reliable, available, and easy to understand! It is easy to coordinate scheduling with my coworkers and make changes without problems.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the last names of my clients do not show!

MINDBODY provides convenient scheduling, easy access, and communication for my c

User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Too cumbersome and slow"

What do you like best?

I like that Mindbody is web-based so it can easily be accessed, and the professional app is easy to use. The extensive reports make it possible to view exactly what you're looking for, with a ton of options for specifying time frames, types of clients, employees, services, etc. The ability to "favorite" a specific report was extremely helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

For my business, MindBody was way too slow and complicated. Checkouts were never easy, and even booking appointments can be tedious and difficult. For a slower-paced environment, these might not be as problematic. However, as our business grew it became increasingly frustrating trying to get clients checked out or booking services with more clients lining up behind them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While MindBody seems to be making efforts to streamline the checkout process and improve the ease of use, it is still not ideal for a fast-paced environment. If you're in to viewing metrics, I haven't worked with any other booking software that gives you more control over what kind of reports you can run. They also made memberships & packages easy to use and keep track of. Good option for any business that doesn't have high traffic.

The ability to quickly switch back and forth between locations has been extremely helpful. The extensive & highly customizable reports made it easy to see which employees were excelling in certain areas and identify where they needed to focus on improvement.

MINDBODY review by User in Higher Education

"MINDBODY has it's days of being great and days of being awful."

What do you like best?

I love that MINDBODY allows your company to hold so much information in one place while making sure all the information collaborates within the site.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that MINDBODY oftentimes fails and leaves the company to scramble at busy business times of day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It freezes a lot and doesn't allow you into the site at awful times, but the problem is usually solved relatively quickly.

We have our entire clientbase on this website and it is also our scheduling tool. It is great because all of the information for each client is in one place instead of having multiple sites control scheduling/membership profiles/payment.

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Generally good but convoluted"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is quite good and easy to use. Both MindBody Express and MindBody Connect are very nice. The analytics provided are good, but not great. Very good customer support in general, particularly using the live chat.

What do you dislike?

Exporting data to finance software like Quickbooks is a pain. The menu structure for finding options is very complex, when looking for an option it is often buried in one of dozens of sub-menus and is rarely obvious

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak to the sales rep and play with the software. some of my employees still have difficulty using the software even after long training periods so it is worth trying it out

I runs studio gym and MindBody serves to manage customer accounts, class scheduling, etc. the business could not run with out MindBody or one of its competitors (ZenPlanner, Front Desk HQ, etc)

Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"I can't imagine anything other scheduling software doing what we need."

What do you like best?

Mind body speaks our language. I own a Pilates Studio and over the years Pilates studios haven't been as widely known as things like gyms, yoga studios, etc. I know that Mindbody can be used by so many different types of businesses but it feels like it's just for Pilates- that is how customizable it is.

I think their pricing is great. I like how they keep developing their product. I spend the majority of my days in the Mindbody software and love it. I occasionally get stuck, or don't know how to do something. Mindbody has great online support and great telephone support.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like they release new features too quickly because there are a lot of bumps along the way. But they get sorted out and I look at it as they are excited to share. I can get behind that.

I also feel like they need to streamline their apps. I think they have too many different apps that do too many different things.

Selling products online. Mindbody makes it easy. Client retention. Mindbody has tools and tons of reports so I can keep a close eye on what is going on.

MINDBODY review by Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"MINDBODY Review"

What do you like best?

I like the how easy it is to organize clients and input their information.

What do you dislike?

There were a lot of times that the system was down and we could not get the issue resolved during the course of a business day which hindered our clients' experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, MINDBODY helped daily tasks to go more smoothly for our staff as well as our clients. The speed of customer support has definitely increased and the frequency of system issues has gone down. I think they are moving in the right direction and it is user friendly and functional for any company.

MINDBODY is used to organize our client information, collect the proper data, and allow our clients to schedule themselves into exercise classes.

MINDBODY review by Anna M.
Anna M.

"It has some issues"

What do you like best?

I like the mind body system because it gives you flexibility. I also like how there is an app.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there are so many problems.. I feel like it is also hard to get in contact with the system support.

How to reach old customers. It helps organize

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Overall works well, varying bugs that always need to be addressed"

What do you like best?

I've used Mindbody Online several times as a client taking class and as a customer service staff member.

Overall, the software does its job! Organizes clients effectively, tracks attendance and revenue, and tracks staff hours.

There are still some issues that could be addressed - for example doing reports on our clients can be tedious, as some reports provide half the info we need, but we have to do a completely separate report for the rest of the information.

It'd be great to have the ability to tailor a report search option for exactly the results we are looking for.

What do you dislike?

We are able to properly track/follow client patterns.

It's been really helpful to be able to in turn contact all of them (via email/mailing reports)

MINDBODY review by Adam Middlesworth F.
Adam Middlesworth F.

"Terrible Service"

What do you like best?

Scheduling tools are the only good thing about mindbody....

What do you dislike?

Terrible customer service. I tried to cancel my account and it took over 60 days to cancel which cost me both time and money... The processing fees are also higher than most other merchants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do not use Mindbody. Use other services such as SetMore.

Scheduling and payment processing

"Mostly Good"

What do you like best?

MindBody allows for ease of managing customer base and scheduling appointments.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally MindBody is glitching and their support center will not have an answer or solution to the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have additionally IT support. Mindbody's technical support is not always able to fix the problem or offer an alternative solution.

We are using it to scheduling appointments. We've noticed that having our scheduling and customer base within one system allows for ease of use and takes the pressure off the staff.

MINDBODY review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Fitness Studio Must-Have"

What do you like best?

I like the simple interface and ability to capture customer information.

I also really appreciate the phone app so you can access the information anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how often their server crashes. Sometimes the software functions really slow, which makes customer service difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There really isn't any other product out there on the market like this. MindBody is the best option!

Capturing client information

Selling retail

Scheduling classes

Payroll

...are all made easier because of the MINDBODY Software.

MINDBODY review by User

"Great for client management"

What do you like best?

I am able to schedule all of my appointments, block off time, and stay organized by accessing my schedule on any device I own such as my cell phone, iPad, and laptop. MindBody also has great customer service!

What do you dislike?

At first it can be a bit tricky to navigate through the features but once you learn it is great to use.

Client management has been a breeze and scheduling all types of appointments has allowed for maximizing my time and staying organized

MINDBODY review by User

"Easy scheduling for managers and employees"

What do you like best?

Instructors (employees) can easily see how many people are registered for their class (if 0, easy to contact manager to cancel class). Managers can easily add/switch employee schedules to make trading/adding shifts easy. Can also see what members attended what classes throughout the day

What do you dislike?

There are no data analytics tools for employees to see/use (most attended classes, busiest days/times, etc.)

Employee scheduling, membership verification, class capacities

MINDBODY review by Michelle H.
Michelle H.

"Mindbody for Fitness Studio Employees"

What do you like best?

The ability to do everything on your phone. It's great to check class sizes, cancel classes, change instructors, etc.

What do you dislike?

How long it takes to refresh when checking people into classes. How you can't delete a student's profile. How the purchases/memberships they have, if they get entered incorrectly from a incompetent coworker, it's difficult to edit their purchase/membership to not show their account doesn't have a balance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great, but it can be confusing to set up and train new employees to use. Thus having members with mistakes on their accounts and it becomes difficult to correct.

Managing students accounts and profiles. Managing teachers and classes and schedules.

"Simple & effective"

What do you like best?

I like the class & client management aspects. You are able to store a lot of information on the clients and easily take people in and out of classes.

What do you dislike?

The retail aspect is a tad tedious. It seems to require a lot of steps to ring someone in for something. Additionally, the app is not the best for ringing people in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

May be better for studios as opposed to gyms.

Signing people into class while walking around the gym from my phone is a huge time saver.

MINDBODY review by Steven K.
Steven K.

"Mindbody is great for any membership based business."

What do you like best?

Mindbody has great tiers of service and options. No matter how big or small your business, they have plans that will work with your budget and help to build your business. Their customer service is top notch.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I really dislike. I would like to see more abilities to control/cancel classes thru a mobile app. The current mobile app they have is good, but can be better. On that note, they are constantly updating it and I'm sure its just a matter of time before it's available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Doing contracts/receipts/waivers online instead of on paper is worth the cost by itself.

Recurring billing. Mobile credit card swiping. Going completely paperless! Almost everything can be done thru email and online. Their email integration and lead generation thru website widgets have help grow my client base.

MINDBODY review by Jessica N.
Jessica N.

"Industry-standard for scheduling software but could use some work."

What do you like best?

Mindbody really leads the industry in scheduling software and ease of access for both user and administrator.

What do you dislike?

Oftentimes mindbody software has a bug or crash that can disrupt an entire day. With so many options that are not always customizable, the webpage will lag, especially on the retail screen.

Mindbody provides a great way for clients to book out packages and classes thus providing ease of access to our audience.

MINDBODY review by Ashley A.
Ashley A.

"Great Customer Service, Not as User Friendly "

What do you like best?

The employees at Mindbody are super helpful when you reach out to them. Even if they don't know something, they are patient and try to figure it out for you. I appreciate the great customer service.

What do you dislike?

They keep changing the website and in not the best ways. It used to be a lot more user friendly and now the website has its glitches.

Mindbody has made managing my teachers so easy. It allows me to set up automatic features that let me spend more time doing other things.

User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Easy pilates sign up Mindbody"

What do you like best?

The best part about Mindbody is that my clients have the option to get the mobile app and sign up for my classes easy!

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the payment system does not work on the app. I have to use my laptop to check someout.

I am able to solve the issue of haveing to sign everybody up for classes myself. It saves time.

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Being able to update member information quickly. I also like the ability to make quick changes to pricing and packages.

What do you dislike?

This platform is Not family membership friendly. Please find another solution for java. The two CNET processing requires java, but the internet platforms block java. The only workaround is going manual, which becomes a slow process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up the meeting to have someone go over all that the software has to offer. It will be worth every penny to know how to use and set everything up and will save you time and money in the long run.

Retail and membership tracking. As well as, speed of service.

MINDBODY review by Ryan H.
Ryan H.

"Mindbody is great"

What do you like best?

Allows for us to manage a lot of information very easily. Seemlessly connects with our constant contact

What do you dislike?

Not enough options for personalization. Limitations that make it confusing for customers at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can do most everything you need it to do. Take advantage of what it can sync with

Keeping better track of payments

Keeping money in house. Improving revenue numbers.

MINDBODY review by Administrator

"Mostly easy to use, can be slow. "

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, most of the tasks are pretty straightforward. Easy for client to use for booking and buying classes.

What do you dislike?

Can be really slow since each page has to load anytime you click anything. Seems like there could be a faster way, especially when trying to dig into a client's account details.

Keeps track of class packages without having to flip through a rolodex or file. Easy for clients to use. Mobile sign in to use time doing other tasks.

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Good customer service, easy for online booking"

What do you like best?

Our clients found the online booking option to be easy, and we have attracted many new clients from offering this feature. Customer service is also helpful and usually responds quickly.

What do you dislike?

Making changes to billing information is difficult. If an error was made when checking a client out, it takes many time-consuming steps to correct the issue. Printing receipts often takes a while, however, a recent update has improved

Recommendations to others considering the product

The online forum is not helpful as many of the comments are related to old versions of the program. It is usually easiest to use the live chate feature - there may be a wait in the queue but the staff is helpful.

Online booking was the main reason for switching to mindbody

MINDBODY review by Andi Z.
Andi Z.

"MindBody Useage"

What do you like best?

The visibility of things is pretty clear and easy to see and utilize.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of necessary features for our business specifically that are missing or not customizeable enough.

We use it for scheduling classes and tracking employees.

MINDBODY review by Megan J.
Megan J.

"Great program for sales and reports!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and find everything that I need for payroll, gaining sales, and registering sales.

What do you dislike?

Setting up availability for staff and then adding appointments can be frustrating. I wish there was a more consolidated method.

I'm using MINDBODY to help reach out to old clients and check in on the retention of newer clients. It's a great way to help me keep track of who is coming in and out of the program.

MINDBODY review by Katie H.
Katie H.

"Works well for a service professional"

What do you like best?

It was easy to use and for my clients to use as well once I was trained.

What do you dislike?

It wasn’t set up correctly when our company first started, so it was difficult to streamline everything later. But that could have just been my bosses fault...

Charging clients for services, tracking client accounts, all client info in one place.

"OTF x Mindbody"

What do you like best?

User-friendly interface and well organized.

What do you dislike?

Hasn't worked for us a couple of times and assumed it would work by the end of the day but didn't fix itself for about a day.

Helps keep clients organized, booking, reduces # of calls we make, provides a "cloud"-like system that all of our sales associates and managers can see.

MINDBODY review by User in Higher Education

"Decent program but is a bit "clunky" "

What do you like best?

The basic reports that can be pulled are pretty useful for a beginner. We have several users within one company, which also makes it easy to share information between those working different shifts.

What do you dislike?

There are various times in the week where I receive a notification that the system is having issues and to check back. Customer service was mediocre, but they did resolve the problem.

Having better access to our customer base has been exceptional, We are able to connect with them more regularly with the various components available. I have easily been able to customize exactly what I need from the reports section, which saves me a ton of time.

MINDBODY review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Clean, easy, expansive database "

What do you like best?

All of the client field options, ease of entering new clients quickly, ability to include alerts for clients.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to search for clients by first AND last name when signing clients into classes. This is especially challenging when it comes to clients with similar/common names.

Easy to keep track of multiple clients that come in to the studio all at once thanks to the ability of multiple users being able to log different clients into the same class simultaneously on different devices. Great for keeping track of client class counts and payment accounts.

MINDBODY review by Raeburn H.
Raeburn H.

"Flexible and comprehensive reservation software"

What do you like best?

It makes it easy to manage client account information and creates an easy user experience for members.

What do you dislike?

Late cancel and billing requires a lot more manual work for things that should be automatic. Members should be automatically charged when they are late cancelled.

Keeping detailed logs of client interactions has cut down on refunds and miscommunication.

MINDBODY review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Suitable software for fitness and spa"

What do you like best?

MindBody is very good software for fitness and SPA kind of companies. It is design specially for them. It is very simple to integrate and to use. It really speed up a business. Great feature is online bookins system which is simple to integrate and use for clients. Reports are very helpfull to check effectivity of SPA or Fitness Gym. Also price is not that high.

What do you dislike?

I really don't use MindBody that much to see any dislikes. My client who use it also didn't tell me anything bad about MindBody.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MindBody is great choice for companies. It is really simple to use and helpful with doing your business. It speed up few thing so you can concentrate on doing your job.

I use MindBody for one of my clients (Spa&Wellnes). I made them new website and integrate it with online booking from MindBody. They are very happy with it because they did not have any booking system before.

"Mindbody Review"

What do you like best?

I find mindbody to be a very intuitive interface. I like the schedule feature and find it very easy for myself and others to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I know of other companies who have left mindbody and I am under he impression to get client data back is extremely costly. This seems like a bit of a scam to me and would make me a bit nervous as a business owner in committing to using mindbody.

Makes online sign-up and class cancelation easy and allows clients to do it independenty.

Administrator in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Easy to use, can be modified for specific use"

What do you like best?

customizing options for specific business

What do you dislike?

some limitations on customization. there is the ability to customize things that arent really important in the overall use of the product and then there are limitations on functions that would really enhance the overall use of the product

we are able to use the software in a business platform that is very different from the general market and fits our business processes

MINDBODY review by Miles W.
Miles W.

"Clunky"

What do you like best?

It captures relevant customer, client information and integrates with client payment, website, eDM platforms

What do you dislike?

UX is terrible, generating reports requires a pHD and integration with other platforms is way too complex given its target audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're already using it, then knuckle down and get used to it's UX, reporting capability.

If not, then make sure to assess all the options out there, particularly integration, and the devices you intend to use from (if anything but a desktop - go elsewhere)

Database management, payment gateway.

MINDBODY review by Emily D.
Emily D.

"Interesting Software"

What do you like best?

I love the ease and functionality of the calendar and contact logs with clients.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the payment system. It is difficult to add "extra items" to a client's account.

We used to use our entire company on Mindbody. We have since switched due to the difficulty of many functions of the system.

MINDBODY review by Jocelyn W.
Jocelyn W.

"Mindbody Review"

What do you like best?

I like mind body's visual appeal and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

There are a TON of features and it's hard to understand everything available.

Website integration has been a great benefit and helped automate a lot.

"MindBody in a Nutshell"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the availability of the product. There are various options for the interface which provides users with an adequate experience, whether MBO is being used for fitness, spa, or various other uses.

What do you dislike?

There may be some issues with utilization of the application or some of these services i have mentioned. Because of the vastness of the program, there is bound to be bugs.

It provides an opportunity for businesses to communicate effectively with their consumers. It allows for smooth scheduling and conflict resolution.

"Simple "

What do you like best?

The program is pretty simple to use. Easy to navigate and fairly straight forward

What do you dislike?

Clients complain about glitches with their accounts often

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for fitness and clients for fitness studios

Clients can directly register for classes from home, making the register process smoother for us in studio

MINDBODY review by Allison O.
Allison O.

"I've used better"

What do you like best?

I like the different coloring for appointments, it's easy to check guests out of their services. I think we may make things more complicated then they have to be..

What do you dislike?

I feel that MindBody is very touchy. It's one of the more frustrating programs to use until you get used to it.

MindBody is used to book and check out massage cllients