MindGenius

Showing 1 MindGenius review
MindGenius review by <span>Anissa H.</span>
Anissa H.

Planning--Start to Finish!

What do you like best?

Mind Genius is a user friendly tool that provides a scaffolding for any planner. Whether a novice or experienced project planner or a junior high student completing a science fair project, this tool has templates and visuals to map out the path for the journey.

What do you dislike?

I struggled to intuitively use the keystrokes to create child or sibling level bubbles on the mind map. Instructions were provided but they just didn't stick well in my mind. I am also overly visual and had to spend more time than I should have in changing the color scheme and defining the styles I wanted to use on the individual levels of my mind map. Although there are preset templates that are ready to go, I needed to deviate from the model and I spent too much time changing details like font size or style etc. I am sure there is an easier way than the way I did it, but I couldn't find instructions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MindGenius is an excellent investment for project or personal management. It is easy for a starter but also has the capacity to be used intricately by an expert. It also interfaces with other software. The company provides excellent support, as a person has always replied to me personally within 24 hours. They also provide a free reader if you need to export a mind map to display on a computer or system that does not have MindGenius.

I am a person that has multiple on-going projects simultaneously. The mind maps are a method for me to organize my ideas and steps so that they are also shareable. For example, I was in charge of analyzing faculty data sets on curriculum improvement plans. I aggregated the data and used the mind map to show the facets of the problem. I was able to then export this visual and share it with our Provost. He then actually requested I make him other mind maps that he could use as visuals in Deans and other leadership meetings/conferences. It is a wonderful tool for identifying missing steps, links, or in just sorting through seemingly unrelated information. I guess I have used it a lot for data analysis without realizing that's what I was doing. :)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MindGenius

What Project Management solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of MindGenius for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Asana Logo
Asana
Asana is the shared task list for your team–the place to plan, organize and stay in sync.
Basecamp Logo
Basecamp
(1949)
Trusted by millions, Basecamp is a web-based project management and collaboration tool. To-dos, files, messages, schedules, milestones and more.
Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management Logo
Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management
Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) helps you get started quickly and execute projects with ease. Built-in templates, familiar scheduling tools, and access across devices increase productivity for project managers and teams.
Smartsheet Logo
Smartsheet
Smartsheet is an intuitive online project management and collaboration tool. It has a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, coupled with file sharing & workflow.
Wrike Logo
Wrike
Wrike is all-in-one project management software that helps remote and co-located teams get more things done together.
Paymo Logo
Paymo
Simple project management app that bundles task management, time tracking and invoicing
Workfront Logo
Workfront
Workfront is a cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solution that helps marketing, IT, and other enterprise teams conquer the chaos of excessive email, redundant status meetings, and disconnected tools.
TeamGantt Logo
TeamGantt
TeamGantt is effortless project planning and collaboration. Intuitive, beautiful gantt charts combined with task level communication and file sharing.
Podio Logo
Podio
Podio lets you get work done with your co-workers and clients on a social work platform that you make your own.
Teamwork Projects Logo
Teamwork Projects
Teamwork.com is an easy-to-use online project management software application that helps managers, staff and clients work together more productively together online.

Learning about MindGenius?

* We monitor all MindGenius reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.