What do you like best?
- Easy to create templates
- Easy to customize the look and feel
- Integration with SSO systems
- Flexible permission controls that let us show/hide content based on user roles
- WYSIWYG editor allowed us to increase our author base
- Immediate edit/publish cycle
- Good reports on search terms
- Amazingly responsive support team
- Stable tool with very view errors
What do you dislike?
Needs better analytics, or an API to connect Mindtouch to data analysis tools
Recommendations to others considering the product
Evaluate the cost vs designing and building your own system or smaller doc tools. We needed a system that allowed for collaboration, let us build templates, and had strong permission controls.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We needed a documentation platform that could be used by people across the company. The documentation team managed the tool and wrote most of the content, but we needed a tool that could be used by everyone in the company. We also needed something with robust permission controls and some degree of content reuse functionality.
We used Mindtouch to create user and admin guides, release notes, howto topics, and tutorials. It's easy to create templates for all of these, and easy to customize the look and feel to match our corporate design.