What do you like best?
- Easy to use WYSIWYG authoring tools.
- Granular permissions/access model
- Responsive support team
- Very customizable
- Enterprise features (SSL/CNAME/whitelabeling)
What do you dislike?
- Non-customizable base page templates
- No page URL/slug management tools
- Antiquated, built-in support form integrations
- Touchpoints are a paid add-on
Recommendations to others considering the product
- Not all platform easily support content re-use. MindTouch makes it very straightforward to reuse content in multiple places which reduces redundancy and administrative overhead.
- If you plan on white labeling and branding your MindTouch instance, an experience front-end developer is recommended, as theme/style customizations are not done via WYSIWYG editing.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
The main problem we solved with MindTouch was how to make our external-facing documentation easier to manage by internal staff and create a more robust user-experience.
Mindtouch solves both these problems by making documentation easy to manage through a standard content management/authoring user interface. It also gives us a lightweight hosting platform to add customizations (JS/CSS) and keep content organized (templates/nested documents/etc.).