Mintel

A range of research and insight services available on demand, online. Designed to help you grow your business.

Work for Mintel?

Learning about Mintel?

Mintel Reviews

Ask Mintel a Question
Showing 12 Mintel reviews
Mintel review by Analyst/Journalist in Sports
Analyst/Journalist in Sports

Great data base for category and company reports

What do you like best?

My favorite part about this website is how easy it is to find reports on categories (specifically food & drink). I work for a plastic packaging company and we are constantly looking up reports for various categories. I also like how you can look up specific companies if you need information about them. The industry reports on the website are always extremely thorough and filled with useful information. When doing category overviews, I get almost all of my information from Mintel.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about the website is that it can be confusing to navigate at times. There have been times when I have been looking for specific information (such as information related to market size) and I cannot find it. There are also some problems occasionally when downloading their information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a database that has up-to-date information and industry reports, Mintel is the website for you.

I am part of the business intelligence team where I work and so we are constantly getting information requests from other departments. We use Mintel to find data that the other departments are looking for. This is a huge benefit to our company because we can learn more about the market segments that we have products in.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mintel
Mintel review by <span>Lindsey S.</span>
Lindsey S.

Mintel Review

What do you like best?

I was able to find several companies to prospect into based on their direct mail and email marketing efforts. It is easy to use and our account manager is always available if we need anything.

What do you dislike?

We only have access to 80 K panelists vs. several million, so we do not have access to all data available. But, our account manager is always willing to help us with search the whole database.

We were trying to find companies who send the most direct mail or emails pertaining to New Mover programs. We also use it for competitive intelligence to present to our customers.

What Technology Research solution do you use?

Mintel review by Project Team Member in Marketing and Advertising
Project Team Member in Marketing and Advertising

Best way to get inside a category fast

What do you like best?

It saves a ton of time reading. They've managed to capture where an industry has come from, where it is now, and where it's going in short easy copy. As a planner in advertising this is crucial anytime a new brand crosses my desk and I need to understand the context quick. Essential information and tons of time saved. The research they've done with consumers is directional, but has come in handy more than once when sharing the context with clients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I go there for a report and it's not there or is coming out soon - but I need it now. I know it's subscription based on whatever my employer has agreed to but I am annoyed at times when the perfect report is available but I can't access it. It's none of MINTEL's fault but it is a negative. I almost wish there was a half-report available with a portion of the information available for a smaller cost than the complete report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it, and take advantage of the representatives. they have often helped me out when i needed help with something unique.

Mintel review by <span>Lauren P.</span>
Lauren P.

I use Mintel for market research and keeping up with industry trends

What do you like best?

Mintel provides a broad spectrum of reports that are very useful for market research and keeping up on industry trends. I trust the sources cited in Mintel reports, and go to it first when beginning a research project focused around marketing or advertising.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about Mintel. Sometimes the search function isn't as useful as it could be. I often don't find the reports I'm looking for right away and a more detailed search capability would help make this process easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Mintel for a range of research needs. I trust the sources cited in the reports, and am comfortable sharing information in Mintel reports with clients because I know Mintel is a reputable source in my industry.

Mintel review by Analyst/Journalist in Entertainment
Analyst/Journalist in Entertainment

I have used Mintel to get information about consumer behavior in specific locations.

What do you like best?

I like the wide variety of articles and research. I also like the fact there is information on even niche topics which one would imagine is hard to find.

What do you dislike?

I wish the search was more linear. The software is not exactly intuitive, having said that a little bit of poking around can easily help one understand and use Mintel for their research.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it is going to be a good investment as it provides insights into the ongoing market trends and can really help you shape your business decisions accordingly.

Mintel review by Analyst/Journalist in Marketing and Advertising
Analyst/Journalist in Marketing and Advertising

Great resource!

What do you like best?

What I like best is the ability to quickly search for reports in a large variety of industries and categories. I also like that they usually update their reports every year or at least once every two years. Their monthly newsletter is also helpful in keeping the team up to date with the latest research news. Mintel is a must-have for any research, planning, strategy, or insights team!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have part of the trends reports included in the general Mintel platform, but overall great solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great research tool for anyone looking for insights in any topic! Its ability to quickly search for reports in a large variety of industries and categories is very helpful.Would highly recommend if you have the budget!

Learning about Mintel?

* We monitor all Mintel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.