Minute7

Simple time tracking and expense tracking that integrates easily with QuickBooks Online and Desktop.

Work for Minute7?

Learning about Minute7?

Minute7 Reviews

Ask Minute7 a Question
Showing 13 Minute7 reviews
Minute7 review by <span>Erin P.</span>
Erin P.

"Tracking hours on Minute7 Timesheets"

What do you like best?

Its extremely easy to navigate and enter my hours into Minute7. Its easy to search for our internal job numbers and easy to navigate swiftly from job to hours to date, etc.

What do you dislike?

It is extremely annoying that as you enter your hours, if you are viewing a for example this week, but need to enter time on a previous week, it won't jump to that week. Instead it stays on this week and theres really no way to confirm if the hours were entered without manually going to that week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I only use Minute7 for entering my own time into our timesheets, but I would highly recommend using Minute7. I've seen how easy it is to export hours and view on the HR side as well. But as an internal team member user its extremely easy to use and enter time.

Entering hours into timesheets

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Minute7
Minute7 review by <span>Karen S.</span>
Karen S.

"Great hours tracking for Quickbooks"

What do you like best?

We love how the platform is easy to set up for the whole office, that it completely synchs to Quickbooks so the staff can pull down to select the project and task and enter in their time each day. It has made our invoicing go so much faster!

What do you dislike?

The mobile platform is newer and isn't working as well for us. Since we have a long list of clients and task id's, the desktop ability to type part of the item and have the pull down list filter down to what matches is critical to entering time with efficiency and needs to be added to the mobile interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only thing we had to do so that expenses would incorporate mileage reimbursement was give up on Quickbooks separate mileage tracking per vehicle - there didn't seem to be a way to sync that. We now enter it as an expense line item, putting the number of miles and rate in the description and the reimbursement amount in the expense amount box. It works well for reimbursement but you have to do a report tallying mileage reimbursement at the end of the tax year and divide that by the reimbursement rate to get miles driven if that is how you handle deduction on your taxes.

Timesheets used to be done on excel and turned in to the supervisor for approval, then to a data entry person who had to enter it all into Quickbooks timecards. It took forever! Now each staff person enters their own time, generates their own print-out for approval. Since we pay them by the hour, the pay is always correct because it is generated by the time entered and everything gets done much faster so we get paid faster. Same with expenses.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

Minute7 review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Great program for logging hours"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the UI of Minute 7 and the drop down menus. It makes it easy to track my hours per my employer's rules. Also, it is easy to use the timer to time my day so I do not have to think about how many hours I have worked. Also, the ability to copy the previous day's information makes it super easy to log hours when working on the same project for a long time.

What do you dislike?

There isn't too much that I dislike about the program. I think maybe an overview of the previous weeks in a monthly view would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a program that will help you with a smaller team of employees, then I believe this program is the best for you. There is of course limitations, but as an employee, it seems very seamless and very easy to use.

I do not have to worry about this part of the Minute7 for I do not work in this area, but as an employee that uses this program, I enjoy the ease of the program and how easy it is to log work hours.

Minute7 review by <span>Cathe C.</span>
Cathe C.

"I count on Minute7 every day!"

What do you like best?

I guess I don't know how to use this very well. I only track my time on it. I don't use any other feature. I really like the ease of using the time tracker and integrating it with QuickBooksPro.

What do you dislike?

I still don't know how to use the expense tracker

Tracking my time for motions for attorneys fees and the occasional hourly client.

Minute7 review by <span>Suneel R.</span>
Suneel R.

"A great software to support your Business"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and setup. UI is more user friendly than ever. Not so complicated to export hours etc.

What do you dislike?

As any software out there, it does limit user on few things. One main thing is that, user gets pretty confused when entering details for previous date. The UI defaults to current date. Sometimes when you are in rush, you wont give much attention to date field and it just takes you to today.

Thats annoying sometimes.

Client specific work hours

General scheduling of people

Analyzing the number of human hours put into a task...to name a few

Minute7 review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Easy Fast Complete"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use, has great tools. It reminds me if I forgot to put in my time. It keeps great records. Intuitive in use, no learning curve. And communicates problems. Not temperamental one bit!

What do you dislike?

There is little to dislike about this system. I had initially one problem knowing what to put where but after about 5 minutes was clear. Once the week did not automatically move forward, had to do myself!; all was fixed within a day.

Time sheets and tracking is the primary use. But if had other needs,would look to Minute7 first.

Minute7 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Minute7 has been a great product for us."

What do you like best?

The ease of access to time-entry, even when mobile, has helped us minimize lost/forgotten time for mobile users.

What do you dislike?

It would be handy if the mobile app had a way to only remember the top X billing codes or something, rather than have them all show up every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a small-ish consulting company with mobile users, it is worth a shot. It has worked well for us.

Easy detailed time entry without duplication of job resources on the billing side.

Minute7 review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Essential time keep software for my small business"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use and it syncs well with QuickBooks so that I can connect my timekeeping records to my invoicing.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Minute 7 would create a phone app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pair it with QuickBooks for timekeeping and invoicing.

I bill hourly, so Minute 7 allows me to track my hours by project, and then invoice efficiently. I'm able to explain to clients exactly what each hour was spent on, thanks to efficient tracking software.

Minute7 review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"I have been a user of Minute7 for many years and highly recommend it "

What do you like best?

Integration with QuickBooks, ease of use for employees, and modest cost

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints; this tool has been and continues to be an excellent adjunct to QB.

Minute7 tracks time by employee, by client, and by task. It integrates seamlessly with QB and the information flows all the way through to the invoices my clients receive. There is no duplication of data entry, no reconciliation between systems, and little opportunity for errors

Minute7 review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Timekeeping for QuickBooks"

What do you like best?

Minute 7 has some built-in intelligence for remembering date of entries and for calling up prior entries and duplicating for modification into a new entry.

What do you dislike?

Takes a bit too much time to go back to make an entry for several weeks ago and see what is already entered.

Minute 7 interfaces very nicely with QuickBooks for invoicing. The benefit is that management can see all time that is entered and gauge employee productivity.

Minute7 review by <span>Doug P.</span>
Doug P.

"A welcome addition to Quickbooks. Easy to use and low hassle factor for employees!"

What do you like best?

The daily reminder and ease of use to enter what work was done

What do you dislike?

I frequently use the wrong rate because I forget to use the drop down menu. I wish there was a way to link the person to the job and the rate for that job.

Our clients require a breakdown of the work for their accounts payable departments. Minute 7 makes that easy via the export report feature

Minute7 review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Longtime user"

What do you like best?

I have been using this program for many years now. The program is very stable. I appreciate that I can give it to project managers to evaluate time spent on projects without having to open up my full set of books.

What do you dislike?

My project names are long. I can't see them on the mobile app. Therefore the app is useless. Allow scrolling on the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, I would give a near perfect for the desktop version and a 1 for the phone version.

everyone can pull up hours without being in QB.

Minute7 review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Very user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to enter your time and keep track of it

What do you dislike?

There is not much I do not like . We use it for time tracking our hours and it is the best software that I have used by far

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to track your time sheets. Entering is easy and calculating the hours on payday are a breeze

Great benefits of tracking time for hours worked or client tracking

Learning about Minute7?

* We monitor all Minute7 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.