Mitel Unified Communications

Mitel's solutions portfolio supports the free flow of communication, regardless of location, infrastructure, mode or device.

Work for Mitel Unified Communications?

Learning about Mitel?

Mitel Unified Communications Reviews

Ask Mitel a Question
Showing 136 Mitel reviews
Mitel review by <span>Justin W.</span>
Justin W.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Having both a physical phone and a software phone on my laptop allows me to work remotely, or on campus, without any limitations.

What do you dislike?

Connecting to the softphone through VPN can sometimes be a hassle but this has more to do with the VPN.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product with a number of add ons available such as integration with Salesforce. We have our counselors using it and they are able to log calls much quicker and have a pretty good experience with it. Other features are available with third party options if you have specific use cases for these.

As a remote worker, having a phone that works exactly as if I was on campus is essential and it provides that.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mitel Unified Communications
Mitel review by User in Higher Education

ShoreTel is pretty darn awesome

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Being able to forward my phone and the number read as the company users is beyond helpful. This keeps my cell phone number safe. Securing my personal information is very important.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to turn off the instant message. With all the various communication technology in the company, this is just one more application I have to check. Some users will try to contact me through instant message and it is often missed due to the various communication tools used within the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When selecting a mobile number for call forwarding, also allow the ability to configure your department extension rather than the default company number. If I try reach out to users when my phone is forwarded, it would be helpful for the user to see the department phone number.

Being able to direct calls to an internal call center and route out accordingly is golden. Opening up the line of communication and communication options optimizes the users abilities to work in groups. Also, the easy of conferencing in other users is very helpful and fast process.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Mitel review by <span>Samantha B.</span>
Samantha B.

Shoretel Review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

What I like best about Shoretel is that if I miss a phone call I have the name and telelphone number (Caller ID) of the individual which makes it easy for getting back to them. I also like that it is easy to save and forward voicemails to colleagues if they do not pertain to your role in a department.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that there are some glitches in the system that sometimes take it a while to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend ShoreTel to those who have a business or work for someone that is big on customer service and has a lot of clientele. With this software it is easy to get back to those that you missed and it makes it easier on you to remember these individuals by adding notes.

Getting back to concerned residents about mosquito control in the county.

Mitel review by <span>Bri  A.</span>
Bri A.

Can be a great service!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love that it is so easy to contact anyone in my office and also to set up call forwarding. I'm almost never at my desk and I love that it forwards to my cell AND that it shows the phone number that is calling and not my desk phone's number. That's extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

I think it goes down a lot and it takes our internet down with it. The biggest problem for me is that we can't just restart it and cycle it, we have to call our IT department, and that's a big hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get very close with your IT department. This is a really good product and I'm glad we have it, but we've had some connectivity issues.

ShoreTel makes it possible to do call conferencing at the drop of a hat, and that's been really nice for a lot of our teams.

Mitel review by <span>Gary L.</span>
Gary L.

Phone Systems Organization

Validated Review
What do you like best?

ShoreTel is both the phone used in my office and the name of the program associated with it. It is used both to monitor my individual work phone as well as monitor designated phone lines meant to be used as designated call centers. It has a large memory and has a decent sort and search function.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, both my IT department and I have not yet figured out how to link it with our internal email systems and have it consistently work with forwarding of messages and updating contacts. The program interface is also very simplistic and looks like it was designed in the early 90's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend working with the telephone provider in your area before implementation. They may provide better deals with partnerships they have for your business needs. Shoretel is a wonderful provider but there has not been anything extra that I can see that they offer that others cannot. Go with whichever product or service that fits your own business needs.

It helps organize all my messages and places a timestamp on them. It keeps a log of the number, time and allows multiple playbacks and pausing of the message. This has helped in my efficiency in responding to calls. Additionally, the designated call centers that are set up allows for a log of all calls so that we can get back to people in a timely manner.

Mitel review by <span>Bailey M.</span>
Bailey M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Shoretel shows all of my calls, including caller ID information, on my desktop computer which makes it easy to track and record calls. I can also complete all phone functions from the Shoretel window on my desktop. The program keeps a running log of all calls that come to my phone and indicates whether the call was received, missed or made, shows the name of the caller, the phone number or office extension, the date, and the length of the call. My organization has a call center in another office so calls are often forwarded to me in my office and I rely on a lot of interoffice communication. When I'm multitasking I can refer back to the log later in the day to record the call. I can also copy and paste a number from a website, email, or document into a text box in the Shoretel window and hit enter to call.

What do you dislike?

I have issues with the call forwarding function. Currently, I have my office phone set to forward to my cell phone but I only receive interoffice calls. The phone functions are easier to use on my desktop than on the phone set.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look up the support costs. My organization pays for the service.

It's important to the function of my organization that I can access call information so the History tab is especially important. I often have to make calls using contact information from emails and websites so being able to use the phone from my desktop expedites my work and reduces mistakes.

Learn more about Mitel Unified Communications

Mitel Unified Communications Videos

Learning about Mitel Unified Communications?

* We monitor all Mitel Unified Communications reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.