Miva

Miva

Miva is an enterprise ecommerce platform that gives you the ability to manage a personalized and constantly evolving ecommerce ecosystem (B2B & B2C sales, inventory management, shipping, returns, and more) from a single management interface.

Work for Miva?

Learning about Miva?

Miva Reviews

Ask Miva a Question
Showing 125 Miva reviews
Miva review by <span>Bai L.</span>
Bai L.

Excellent Online Shopping Cart with Great Technical Support

What do you like best?

MIVA's GREAT TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM! - the support staff have gone above and beyond to help us with technical requests. They are knowledgeable and response quickly to our questions; for us, that is the MOST important.

We love Marketing (Subscription module not been explore yet) module features and its capabilities! It is an excellent tools. We had recently switch from our traditional website to ReadyTheme and it is wonderful. We can now access our admin side of the web portion anywhere! We have been using Miva Merchant for over 10 plus year and have no intention of changing from this platform!

In fact, we are switching one of our customer's current platform to MIVA! The many great features within Miva Merchant will accommodate our new customer's request. We look forward to exploring all of its features!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike yet. Maybe a little more accessible to the 'back door' coding of MIVA?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely! If flexibility and customization features in a software is what you are looking for; then Miva Merchant is the right choice. Not to mention Miva's fast, reliable and excellent tech support! The support staff have gone above and beyond to help us when we have technical requests.

Earlier, we bought a separate module for creating coupon code. We now use Marketing module to accomplish the task. Miva's Marketing module is excellent! We can schedule/create multiple coupons running with multiple options as well as exclusions - and it's FREE!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Miva
Miva review by <span>Bobby J.</span>
Bobby J.

Support for Miva

What do you like best?

Support is easy to work with and always answers my questions. Miva has helped me to have a great presence on the internet with my smaller company. Also I have spent the time to learn how to do the programming myself and that is attributed to Miva great framework. I have some extended content and Miva makes it easy. The new setup with 9 has given me so many more options. I love Miva Software and have no intention of changing from this platform.

What do you dislike?

Need more detail in videos, sometimes they only give one scenario. Example under the Marketing video it would be nice to see more information on how to set up the pricing. Each Type is different but video only shows one type. Hoe helpful that would be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and would recommend highly. Using Miva since around 1984.

Updating to a mobile friendly frame was one thing I did. I have learned a lot how to use Miva and I appreciate that I can do my own work. I have been using Miva Just about from the beginning of Miva. With each enhancement it just gets better. I have looked at other ecommerce software but none compare to what I want and get with Miva. The support videos are great and information is continually getting better. I would like to see more detail in the videos, example not just one scenario of use. I always recommend Miva to anyone wanting to use ecommerce platform. Let me say i have never felt neglected by anyone at Miva, support is the strongest i have seen in any company.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Miva review by <span>Mark L.</span>
Mark L.

Happy Miva User

What do you like best?

We started with Miva 2.0, back in 1997 or so. Over the next decade or so, we looked at other shopping carts. When the current owners bought Miva, very good things began to happen. The platform started getting incrementally better then it started a process of taking big steps for improving. For example, with one iteration the database queries became 15X faster (verified by third party software).

Miva used to be behind in development, so we paid for a lot of customization. Now Miva is ahead of us and we just follow their lead and their recommendations.

All that sounds good, right? But it means nothing if you have a problem and can't get support. Miva's support is astounding. Even when I write a ticket thinking, "There's no way they are going to help with this issue, it's not their problem" Miva takes ownership and helps me.

What do you dislike?

Here is my comprehensive list of what I don't like about Miva:

That's all I could think of. I hope that wasn't too overwhelming.....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be swayed by a competitor's intro pricing deal or biased feature comparison lists. It's not about how cheaply you can get a shopping cart; you pay dearly for that approach. It's not about useless features. It's not even about having the right solution because without support that solution solves nothing. Calling Miva's support "amazing" is an understatement. They are the Southwest Airlines of shopping carts, taken to the next level.

The Miva shopping cart helps us extend our e-commerce presence (we are primarily an Amazon seller), and that's nice. But the real benefit is we used Miva's Themes to create a professional-looking site. This instills confidence in people who check us out. Many Amazon shoppers will actually search for the seller's site (for various reasons). If the site does not project a professional image, those shoppers won't trust that seller.

Miva review by <span>Robin M.</span>
Robin M.

We wouldn't consider anything but MIVA

What do you like best?

Miva is flexible and we are able to adapt it to fit our needs. Over the years more out-of-the-box functionality has been build into Miva; it is constantly improving. Support at Miva is GREAT! Don't use it much, but when I do, they are there and solve my problem on the first call.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Miva integrated better with Wordpress. The premise of Miva seems to be that first and foremost you have a store and the rest of your website is secondary. We are primarily a B-to-B and our store actually plays a small role in our business, but we need it for B-to-C transactions and for that we need something that is easy and dependable and Miva fits that bill.

Easy online purchase of our web-based training and a connection to our LMS to automatically complete the course registration. That was all programmed using Mivascript.

Miva review by <span>Jon M.</span>
Jon M.

MIVA - A fantastic Web/E-Commerce platform with an equally great support staff - Highly Recommend

What do you like best?

Stable & Fast e-Commerce Platform

A long list of features included at no extra charge

Constant Improvements to the platform; all included in subscription fees

Great Support, available 24/7 with reasonable return times & competent support techs who make sure you get the problem either solved or push you in the right direction to get it solved.

Run by a first rate CEO and team (rare).

What do you dislike?

Can be a little more expensive than some of the competition

Some elements in the back end can be a little more confusing to utilize than what one would normally expect

Reporting system is decent, but not excellent

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend MIVA to anybody considering an e-commerce solution. My only caveat would be that I think if you do not have a great grasp of setting up a website, you should consider hiring somebody who can do the work for you. This isn't squarespace or Wix. It'll require some development level knowledge for sure. If you want to develop a long term professional e-commerce company that can grow and not run out of support, this is the one to use.

We have used MIVA to create an e-commerce store making gardening products available to the end user. We're very satisfied with what MIVA has provided to us.

Miva review by <span>Sarah A.</span>
Sarah A.

Robust and flexible ecommerce system

What do you like best?

We've used MIVA for a couple of years now and love the front-end and back-end flexibility of their system. It has been easy to customize our site and the support staff have gone above and beyond to help us realize specific requests.

What do you dislike?

Integrations with third parties are not as abundant as with more established brands, but that hasn't proved to be a big problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Miva is growing and adding features at a rapid clip. Customer support is unmatched. Very happy with our choice.

We use our site to build our brand, inform about our products and to build our customer database. One of our best uses so far is implementing and managing a large affiliate program or streamers and esports teams.

Learn more about Miva

Miva Downloads

Learning about Miva?

* We monitor all Miva reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.