Miva

Miva is an enterprise ecommerce platform that gives you the ability to manage a personalized and constantly evolving ecommerce ecosystem (B2B & B2C sales, inventory management, shipping, returns, and more) from a single management interface.

Work for Miva?

Learning about Miva?

Miva Reviews

Ask Miva a Question
Showing 136 Miva reviews
Miva review by Bai L.
Bai L.

"Excellent Online Shopping Cart with Great Technical Support"

What do you like best?

MIVA's GREAT TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM! - the support staff have gone above and beyond to help us with technical requests. They are knowledgeable and response quickly to our questions; for us, that is the MOST important.

We love Marketing (Subscription module not been explore yet) module features and its capabilities! It is an excellent tools. We had recently switch from our traditional website to ReadyTheme and it is wonderful. We can now access our admin side of the web portion anywhere! We have been using Miva Merchant for over 10 plus year and have no intention of changing from this platform!

In fact, we are switching one of our customer's current platform to MIVA! The many great features within Miva Merchant will accommodate our new customer's request. We look forward to exploring all of its features!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike yet. Maybe a little more accessible to the 'back door' coding of MIVA?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely! If flexibility and customization features in a software is what you are looking for; then Miva Merchant is the right choice. Not to mention Miva's fast, reliable and excellent tech support! The support staff have gone above and beyond to help us when we have technical requests.

Earlier, we bought a separate module for creating coupon code. We now use Marketing module to accomplish the task. Miva's Marketing module is excellent! We can schedule/create multiple coupons running with multiple options as well as exclusions - and it's FREE!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Miva
Miva review by Bobby J.
Bobby J.

"Support for Miva"

What do you like best?

Support is easy to work with and always answers my questions. Miva has helped me to have a great presence on the internet with my smaller company. Also I have spent the time to learn how to do the programming myself and that is attributed to Miva great framework. I have some extended content and Miva makes it easy. The new setup with 9 has given me so many more options. I love Miva Software and have no intention of changing from this platform.

What do you dislike?

Need more detail in videos, sometimes they only give one scenario. Example under the Marketing video it would be nice to see more information on how to set up the pricing. Each Type is different but video only shows one type. Hoe helpful that would be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and would recommend highly. Using Miva since around 1984.

Updating to a mobile friendly frame was one thing I did. I have learned a lot how to use Miva and I appreciate that I can do my own work. I have been using Miva Just about from the beginning of Miva. With each enhancement it just gets better. I have looked at other ecommerce software but none compare to what I want and get with Miva. The support videos are great and information is continually getting better. I would like to see more detail in the videos, example not just one scenario of use. I always recommend Miva to anyone wanting to use ecommerce platform. Let me say i have never felt neglected by anyone at Miva, support is the strongest i have seen in any company.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Miva review by Mark L.
Mark L.

"Happy Miva User"

What do you like best?

We started with Miva 2.0, back in 1997 or so. Over the next decade or so, we looked at other shopping carts. When the current owners bought Miva, very good things began to happen. The platform started getting incrementally better then it started a process of taking big steps for improving. For example, with one iteration the database queries became 15X faster (verified by third party software).

Miva used to be behind in development, so we paid for a lot of customization. Now Miva is ahead of us and we just follow their lead and their recommendations.

All that sounds good, right? But it means nothing if you have a problem and can't get support. Miva's support is astounding. Even when I write a ticket thinking, "There's no way they are going to help with this issue, it's not their problem" Miva takes ownership and helps me.

What do you dislike?

Here is my comprehensive list of what I don't like about Miva:

That's all I could think of. I hope that wasn't too overwhelming.....

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be swayed by a competitor's intro pricing deal or biased feature comparison lists. It's not about how cheaply you can get a shopping cart; you pay dearly for that approach. It's not about useless features. It's not even about having the right solution because without support that solution solves nothing. Calling Miva's support "amazing" is an understatement. They are the Southwest Airlines of shopping carts, taken to the next level.

The Miva shopping cart helps us extend our e-commerce presence (we are primarily an Amazon seller), and that's nice. But the real benefit is we used Miva's Themes to create a professional-looking site. This instills confidence in people who check us out. Many Amazon shoppers will actually search for the seller's site (for various reasons). If the site does not project a professional image, those shoppers won't trust that seller.

Miva review by Robin M.
Robin M.

"We wouldn't consider anything but MIVA"

What do you like best?

Miva is flexible and we are able to adapt it to fit our needs. Over the years more out-of-the-box functionality has been build into Miva; it is constantly improving. Support at Miva is GREAT! Don't use it much, but when I do, they are there and solve my problem on the first call.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Miva integrated better with Wordpress. The premise of Miva seems to be that first and foremost you have a store and the rest of your website is secondary. We are primarily a B-to-B and our store actually plays a small role in our business, but we need it for B-to-C transactions and for that we need something that is easy and dependable and Miva fits that bill.

Easy online purchase of our web-based training and a connection to our LMS to automatically complete the course registration. That was all programmed using Mivascript.

Miva review by Julie V.
Julie V.

"I'm small but I'm important!"

What do you like best?

The customer service is the best. Even though I have a small store and don't do a lot through it, the customer service people always make me feel valued. Miva makes it easy for me. When I need assistance I just reach out the customer support. They have helped me with issues like certificates or where I should go to make changes to the front page etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's confusing. I'm not an IT professional and only have limited experience with web sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is awesome. It would be good to have someone who is experienced with setting up a store, set this up for you. Additionally they should teach the administrator how to use the features. I had to learn mostly on my own.

I have a small storefront for distributing marketing items for our company and for a limited number of external customers. Using Miva keeps our inventory visible and up-to-date. We have multiple departments that use this including our distribution company. It helps all of us stay on the same page.

Miva review by Jon M.
Jon M.

"MIVA - A fantastic Web/E-Commerce platform with an equally great support staff - Highly Recommend"

What do you like best?

Stable & Fast e-Commerce Platform

A long list of features included at no extra charge

Constant Improvements to the platform; all included in subscription fees

Great Support, available 24/7 with reasonable return times & competent support techs who make sure you get the problem either solved or push you in the right direction to get it solved.

Run by a first rate CEO and team (rare).

What do you dislike?

Can be a little more expensive than some of the competition

Some elements in the back end can be a little more confusing to utilize than what one would normally expect

Reporting system is decent, but not excellent

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend MIVA to anybody considering an e-commerce solution. My only caveat would be that I think if you do not have a great grasp of setting up a website, you should consider hiring somebody who can do the work for you. This isn't squarespace or Wix. It'll require some development level knowledge for sure. If you want to develop a long term professional e-commerce company that can grow and not run out of support, this is the one to use.

We have used MIVA to create an e-commerce store making gardening products available to the end user. We're very satisfied with what MIVA has provided to us.

Miva review by User

"Small company LOVES MIVA!"

What do you like best?

I have been with MIVA for more than 20 years! I am not a techy, and run a very small company. I had a terrible experience with another company, and MIVA was the best thing that happened to my little company.

Their customer support is there 24/7. They are very patient with folks not familiar with a lot of technical terms

and supportive of small, niche online businesses, as well as large companies with a huge IT staff.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about MIVA to dislike. For me, because I am small, I do not need or use a lot of the bells and whistles that are desired by the larger companies. I would like a lower price category for companies my size, but I would

never want to leave MIVA because they treat and help me so much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at it. The customer support is the best and the product never has down time.

The main benefit for me is the responsiveness and professionalism they have given to me to solve my problems.

Miva review by Sarah A.
Sarah A.

"Robust and flexible ecommerce system"

What do you like best?

We've used MIVA for a couple of years now and love the front-end and back-end flexibility of their system. It has been easy to customize our site and the support staff have gone above and beyond to help us realize specific requests.

What do you dislike?

Integrations with third parties are not as abundant as with more established brands, but that hasn't proved to be a big problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Miva is growing and adding features at a rapid clip. Customer support is unmatched. Very happy with our choice.

We use our site to build our brand, inform about our products and to build our customer database. One of our best uses so far is implementing and managing a large affiliate program or streamers and esports teams.

Miva review by Pamela H.
Pamela H.

"20+ years in ecommerce consulting and I still recommend Miva"

What do you like best?

Flexibility. You can add module plugins, as well as custom HTML scripts for both design and data driven purposes.

What do you dislike?

Authorized modules for major services sometimes take a long time for approval. This is typically due to the third-party service engineers' full plates when it comes to final testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can expect to have to invest in some third-party module solutions to be competitive in your market. You'll also need to read supporting documentation to ensure you have a clear understanding. Miva Merchant is easy to learn, but you should always have an understanding about how various configurations and changes will affect the design, functionality and operation of the online store.

I've worked with hundreds of online stores running this shopping cart, as either designer, developer or consultant. Benefits include flexibility, PCI compliancy, streaming updates and accessible customer support.

Miva review by Guy T.
Guy T.

"Great ecommerce platform that rivals much more expensive options"

What do you like best?

Miva invests in improving their product over marketing their product and it shows. The platform is powerful, flexible, stable and updates never break your store. Support is US based and very accessible.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see easier integration with third party platforms/service providers but I know this is already being worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't overlook Miva. It is not as well known as some others, yet still powerful and flexible (not an easy combination to achieve) and the best bang for the buck.

Miva scales exceptionally well so it is a great choice for startups all the way through enterprise level operations. If you don't think that is important wait until your first platform upgrade. All the core ecommerce features you'd expect are included. More importantly, those core features are robust and well implemented.

Miva review by Aziz A.
Aziz A.

"www.goldpalace.com has been with Miva since 1998"

What do you like best?

Miva has been in the ecommerce shopping cart since the very beginning in the era of online shopping, it is a very detailed shopping cart, with very robust and extensive features that are consistently sturdy in their application

What do you dislike?

The Miva shopping cart is easy and very stable to use compared to other options available today in the market, so there is not much to dislike about this platform

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great shopping cart, that you would not outgrow in many years to come because they consistently keep on upgrading the software as and when newer technologies surface and the web keeps evolving

Miva has excellent support, if and when you require it.

Miva review by Administrator

"MIVA - Long time user, but the grass greener on the other side"

What do you like best?

Ready Theme coding is pretty user-friendly. Couponing system is pretty good, although it sometimes is very convoluted.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is "Out of the Box" Functions. It seems everytime we want something that is a basic function, we have to have it custom coded. For instance... The Subscription program is great; however, you would think the customer would be able to change their flavor of drink the next month... NOPE. Changing attributes is not native to the module. MIVA quoted over 40 Hours of development time. We found someone that did it for 4. Really MIVA..... Still mad about that. Also they raised their rates per hour, but failed to send it to the primary card holder.... convenient. Also any kind of metrics or sales data is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using MIVA for a very long time. My knowledge of anything other than MIVA is limited.

So I am not sure if Magento or Shopify is better or gives me more tools to work with. I will say that if you are looking for a flawless out of the box experience, you will not get it here.

They host our website and our store. Nothing unique is being solved.

Miva review by Linda P.
Linda P.

"MIVA - A fantastic Web/E-Commerce platform"

What do you like best?

Secure & Fast e-Commerce Program

A long list regarding features included without added charge

Constant Improvements to be able to the platform; all contained in subscription fees

Great Help, available 24/7 with sensible return times & proficient support techs who ensure you get the problem both solved or push an individual the right way to get it solved.

What do you dislike?

Licensed modules for major options sometimes take a extended coming back approval. This specific is typically due to the particular thirdparty service engineers' complete dishes when it arrives to be able to final testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the size of your business and the support sums you'll need to function a mission-critical application properly. Take into account the lack of revenue you would are afflicted by outages. Whether you're team is usually in charge of the situation delete word, consider about the sense regarding urgency you'd appreciate since you make an effort to recover. Would certainly an outgoing message of which says, "Thanks for contacting. Unfortunately, our associates usually are currently in a business meeting... " make an individual happy as you lookup for guidance?

The web is getting very little, if wish to compete towards powerhouses like amazon, walmart, and target the a person need software that may contend at their level. Miva Merchant is that system for us. It's the very powerful platform with regard to eCommerce with many functions. Basically it keeps all of us ahead of our competitors.

Miva review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Long Time Happy User"

What do you like best?

I have been a Miva user since 2003, Originally I selected it for being a licensed package in a one time purchase it gave great flexibility to do whatever I wanted. I have never been happier now that it is a fully managed. Being all inclusive we have saved so much time and effort solving problems trying to get things to work, If there is a problem (this is not often) MIVA takes ownership and takes care of it. MIVA is constantly evolving and improving, I am now happy to follow MIVA's lead.

To list things I really appreciate:

- Awesome Support!

- Awesome Support! (and they all speak english)

- Stable and Reliable - I have had 0 down time for years now

- Most features I need are built in

- Cross platform including mobile all look and work perfect

- Constant Improvements

- Very customizable

- Updates are flawlessly executed

- Did I mention Awesome customer support

I am thrilled I now spend time developing my business and not my software,

What do you dislike?

Not too much to dislike. If I want something I just have to ask it probably already exists and I didnt know about it.

Order Processing can be a bit clunky especially when volume is high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

whether you are new to e commerce or a seasoned veteran you can feel confident choosing Miva

Stable Reliable B2C

Miva review by Colin M.
Colin M.

"MIVA new products and support are excellent"

What do you like best?

For a small Internet Retailer keeping our website fresh with features that attract customers, and do not break the bank is vital. We have been with MIVA for over a dozen years and they have always done that for us. Here are some of the often free MIVA developed Mods and Mods from their development partners that have help us:

- Most important - what must be the industries' fastest responding and helpful support department who have got us out of a lot of trouble with Mod use and our poor HTML coding.

- Reliable, in-built; display, payment, shipping, marketing, customer interface, functions.

- THUB MIVA Order export and Quickbooks import with a full, reliable shipping engine and dashboard.

- Digital Downloads for software, and to provide information for customers.

- Product Copy - to speed up the creation of families of new products.

- Product Review Mod.

- Interface to LiveChat.

- Emporium Plus Mod to help with tricky customization and added functions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. When we have made improvement suggestions they have always been responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We cannot compare them to other shopping cart and Internet ecommerce solutions but we can heartily reccomend them without reservation.

The biggest is seemless integration with QuickBooks. Next is the seamless payment integration with Authorize.net, PayPal and Amazon. Reduction in Google AdWords expenditures with good marketing tools.

Miva review by Bob P.
Bob P.

"Super Stable Platform With an Amazing Number of Outstanding Features"

What do you like best?

Some of our product lines involve literally thousands of individual items. Miva makes adding a new line a breeze. And once the line is online, Miva makes keeping the stock/out-of-stock item updating easy, too.

Adding discounts or coupons for individual or whole groups of items is simple as well.

We also appreciate how easy it is to change or tweak the "look and feel" of pages or the entire site.

Adding sales messages to the category tree (or anywhere else for that matter) can be with just a few steps.

The new Ready Theme pages has made Miva so intuitive, it practically takes your hand and guides you through the most tedious daily tasks in just minutes.

We've been using Miva and hosting several ecommerce domains on one of their dedicated servers for over a decade and their continuing improvements and customer service are outstanding. They really are a partner and part of our team. I highly recommend Miva for both new businesses just entering the ecommerce scene and older online businesses who value minimum required admin time for their store. "Time is money". Miva frees you up to spend more time on marketing strategy, etc. I really can't imagine a better solution for any online business.

What do you dislike?

Good question, but I honestly have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an online solution to e-commerce that truly listens and puts clients first, look no further.

Our family business has been with Miva for over a decade. Miva is the best partner we could have ever hoped for. We've never had a single bad experience with their servers or their products. You always get more than you expect from Miva customer service and their developers. We're here to stay.

Problem: Huge number of items per product line. Without Miva, this would be super time consuming with the other platforms we've looked at. Miva wins here, hands down.

Benefits: Super easy to massage the data for in stock/out of stock items. Nothing upsets a customer like placing an order and finding out an item is out-of-stock and wasn't noted.

Miva review by Jeff F.
Jeff F.

"Miva - It works"

What do you like best?

We have been using Miva with our non-profit's website for several years. It has met our needs with minimal effort and at reasonable costs.

What do you dislike?

About annually we get an update notice at the same time we get a bill for not updating. It is a small fee, but annoying when we perform the updates timely after receiving notice of the update's availability and likely impacts to our website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based on our non-profit's experiences with Miva, I recommend you consider it.

We are a non-profit that benefits its members and the public by easily and affordably offering legal related professional servcies.

Miva review by Jill H.
Jill H.

"MIVA Merchant has the best flexibility and US based support that will actually resolve problem!"

What do you like best?

MIVA Merchant has the best support, US based and knowledgeable from the first call. O They help even when it is just a matter of training! Anything I need, there is a module for that. There is a flat fee for the software so they don't charge me a % of my sales.

What do you dislike?

Miner, the label printing and packing slip built in module could be more robust..

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software has the best support available. The people who support actually use the software themselves. The are US based and open 24/7. I have called on a Sunday morning.

Needed a flexible online storefront that was Google search friendly.

Miva review by Drew H.
Drew H.

"Miva for the Long Haul"

What do you like best?

Miva is a flexible platform and with the proper developer it can do just about anything. In the early days the module store allowed us to make Miva into whatever we needed. Now, Miva's core product includes much of what we had to outsource in the early days so it works much better overall.

We host through Miva and have since 2003. Up time has been nothing short of remarkable with no more than a couple of hours of down in 13 years.

What do you dislike?

I think Miva should have developed a content management platform already. Much of what makes a company website these days is content and not just a good product page. At least 80% of our site is straight content pages which drive most of the organic traffic. Integrating these pages into the Miva platform is a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Miva is not typically listed with the "big" platforms and this is a shame. This does not mean that Miva's community is less vibrant or that the product has fewer features. Give Miva as much consideration as you would the other choices.

At this point we mostly have to solve integration issues with other software. Miva has always been the easiest part of these equations.

Miva review by Asim K.
Asim K.

"Customer for 15 Years"

What do you like best?

Miva is a highly customizable product, however, it can also be used pretty simply out of the box with templates. Their design team is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

There was a recent price hike in the last year that was steep. I'm talking a 225% increase. The industry has admittedly changed, however, the sudden change in pricing was shocking to their loyal community. It is now in line and competitive with products like Magento and Shopify. They are constantly improving the software, which is a good thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always pick a solution that you can grow into, not one that is too small or perfectly sized to start with. When I started, I could have custom coded because I thought that Miva was too big. Lucky for me I grew into the product and have thrived since. Definitely compare pricing with other cards. Replatforming does suck thought, I have to tell you. I have first hand experience with that. I was considering an OpenCart implementation for one of my sites, but went back to Miva because of their great forums, support, and their design club. Miva has done a good job in reinventing itself in the last 5 years. The solution is now robust. Pricing can change at a whim, although comparable to other solutions, many experienced some sticker shock at a price increase they did last year.

The product integrates very well out of the box with various other software that I run.

Miva review by Administrator in Fine Art
Administrator in Fine Art

"Happy Customer"

What do you like best?

Stable & Fast e-Commerce Platform

A long list of features included at no extra charge

Constant Improvements included in subscription fees

Great 24/7 Support with fast return times, competent and friendly support techs. Communication is continuous throughout the process of any needed assistance. All tasks are notified of completion.

I've been with this company for more than ten years and have found it to be run by professionals.

I would absolutely recommend MIVA to anybody considering an e-commerce solution. Their design team has been fabulous and helped me to create a beautiful website that receives many compliments.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat more expensive than some of the competition.

For a non-tech company owner, I have found some elements difficult to utilize but amazed at myself for being able to learn the ropes. This being said, Miva techs are right there to step in and help.

Would like more info on website stats, a report would be nice which is probably available but as I said, I am a non-tech person and don't know how to get it from the site. I recommend for other persons like myself, be sure to have a tech available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

We have used MIVA to create an e-commerce website with a store that offers both fine art and teaching texts. These products are easily accessed and available worldwide.

We are very satisfied with what MIVA provides for us.

Miva review by Lisa L.
Lisa L.

"MIva user for 15 years"

What do you like best?

they have the best customer support team & the software stays current with e-commerce trends

What do you dislike?

It's not as easy to use as some software but the tutorials are good and there are many bells and whistles included with their package

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not technical you will need a tech team to get you started. you can learn to do website maintenance and updates to your site from the tutorial, clicking around and figuring it out, or the support team is there for you. Once you learn to think the way the system does it will all make sense.

Constant problem is staying on top of new e-commerce solutions. The benefit realized is they are fairly fast to market with providing the new tools.

Miva review by Josh P.
Josh P.

"Miva Merchant is a great partner with great experience and knowledge. Enjoy working withthese guys!"

What do you like best?

Love the import export feature. It has helped tremendously to improve overall efficiency when managing categories and products. The Admin Dashboard is very easy to navigate allowing for us to move very quickly and merchandise the website very effectively. Find the interface to be very user intuitive which lends itself to getting up and running very quickly.

What do you dislike?

The promotion engine that MIVA has built is very user friendly and makes setting up promotions easy. However, there could be improvements made that would improve the overall efficiency of setting up promotions. If the client is working with a lot of skus there are some limits.

There are some basic features that also could be added that would make running your site much easier. Content Management with scheduling would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a priority list of all goals that you would like to achieve with your new platform and partner. Then compare that list to all of the potential partners you are vetting. It will help with identifying where you value is and where your gaps are.

Many of the features that Miva has available are helping to make processes more efficient. This is allow for more strategic thought and the freedom to drive sales.

Miva review by Florentin S.
Florentin S.

"Fantastic product"

What do you like best?

I started building online stores using the Miva Merchant platform about 8 years ago and still a big fan of this product and the company behind it. I actually worked at Miva as a web developer for a number of years and I'm now a happy client of Miva. Having worked for the company I can tell you the people behind this product are quite amazing, which is the reason why I believe in the company's future and its ability to continue to deliver the best eCommerce platform on the market.

Over the years, I've worked with eCommerce platforms like Magento, Shopify, osCommerce, WooCommerce, BigCommerce and while all these platforms have their own strengths, I have now doubt that the best overall eCommerce platform you can get in todays market is by far Miva Merchant. Also, when you call their support line or send them an email you talk to real (and very knowledgeable) people here in the US, instead of beating around the bush with some tech support over in who knows where.

What do you dislike?

- Built-in store analytics are not very robust at this point and I'm hoping they'll address this in one of their next releases.

- I'm hoping they'll start nurturing their module developer community more over the next years, so store owners in need of custom development can easily find third party developers.

- It would be great if must have store features like faceted search or abandoned cart logic are built into the core software, rather than having to rely on third party modules or services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Replatforming is painful and very costly, so it's very important to start with the right platform from the get go.

- Miva Merchant runs very fast in terms of page load times, especially when compared to other eCommerce platforms. This is mainly because they have really great server setups that are capable of handling not only day to day traffic but also significant traffic spikes.

- Their template language is easy to learn and allows for quick turnaround times when customizing the front-end user experience. This is a huge edge over other eCommerce platforms.

Miva review by Administrator

"Exceptional Product, Exceptional People"

What do you like best?

After tragedies this year, I have to say the exceptional people. I had to shut down the main online store for a year after multiple deaths in my family and learning to accommodate a new role as caregiver. And, although we have hundreds of vendors, Miva staff actually sent flowers to me and my company in sympathy. Not one other vendor did this. I will forever remember the thoughtfulness and kindness of this company and its people.

Our company had also been planning on a new site for wholesale and our publishing products and services. The design team was magnificent, as were more technicians who helped along the way than names I could possibly remember. They are competent and efficient--and reliable to get the work done in a timely manner even for small companies like ours. Refocusing our company from a retail operation to wholesale has had its challenges. And whether we can make that work is yet to be seen. But I am confident that the new website, when it finally goes live sometime next year, will not be a source of major problems for us.

Having said this, a company with kind people, and such competent designers and technicians, is not enough. A company must have superior product. Miva does. My company has used Miva software for over a decade. We have watched it grow. It has a fine record of delivering superior products and services that always get better and better with each passing year, sometimes phenomenally better. There are very few businesses we have worked with over the years about which I could say the same thing. In fact, not one other such company comes to mind.

I have recommended Miva to others over the years. I will continue to do so.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to come up with a dislike about Miva. Once in a while Miva comes out with an upgrade that requires a learning curve. These seem to come out at an inopportune time in relation to our seasonal fluctuations, which do not mirror usual retail fluctuations. We have a niche market and our holiday season starts early than ti does for most retailers.. We understand that Miva cannot accommodate every type of company's seasons. But more attention to ensuring that retail-related upgrades occur well before the Christmas holiday season would be welcome. I view this slight annoyance as something that pales in comparison to their superior product and services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a company that has used Miva for many years, we sometimes have a learning curve when major changes roll out, especially when they are timed to coincide with a very busy time of year for us and our niche market. If you are new to Miva, your company would have a learning curve regardless.

You should ensure you know well all the features you might be using extensively before going live. This would include all marketing features.

And ensure you cross train. Especially for small companies you need multiple people familiar with major functionalities so that when one person is ill or leaves, there is someone else to manage those responsibilities. Small business owners don't often realize how much expertise develops over time with some employees. This can have a major impact on sales. We didn't cross train as well as we could have on marketing modules and learned the hard way.

We have had plans to move away from retail to pursue wholesale opportunities for our products for some time. Miva's design/managed account plan has helped us do that. Being able to pay for design services over time so that the credits are there when you are finally ready to use them is a great way for small companies to plan for major changes to a website, or, in our case, a completely new website with custom features for our particular products. We are excited that this will likely finally come to fruition next year once we have finalized everything necessary to proceed.

Miva review by Ron G.
Ron G.

"One of the Best E-Commerce Platforms Out There! Period."

What do you like best?

Miva is simply a great company with great people. Miva truly cares about making great software and, more importantly, seeing their customers succeed with their software.

They have a brilliant team of developers, as well as very professional account/project managers. Customer support is always available and responsive. The Miva forum community is active and super helpful.

Hosting is extremely dependable. I don't think we ever had a single downtime!

Miva's software itself is excellent and only getting better. Miva is fast and stable. It just works.

To me, however, the most important facet of Miva is its flexibility in terms of design and functionality. You have complete control over how you want to design your site. Or you can get up and running quickly with their new Ready Theme templates.

For functionality, Miva was the only platform that was able to meet all the needs of our B2B website AND the only platform that can integrate with our enterprise backend system. A few of the requirements required custom programming by Miva. Their pricing was reasonable and their programming, project management and deployment was flawless.

What do you dislike?

Not much really.

Miva started to incorporate into their core software features that were only found in 3rd party modules. I'd like to see them get more aggressive in that direction so that we're less dependent on the 3rd party modules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a bit of a learning curve to learning and using Miva, but there are tons of resources, including detailed user guides, tutorial videos and a great forum.

The more you use it, the more impressed you'll be and the easier it will get.

Whoever is managing your Miva site should have a good grasp of HTML and CSS.

For our B2B site, we were able to tackle complicated requirements like multiple pricing levels, multi-warehouse inventory management, bulk order fulfillment, controlled access to content and, of course, integration with an enterprise business system.

Miva review by Jen G.
Jen G.

"Fully Capable Miva is the way to go"

What do you like best?

We are currently enrolled in the monthly plan and I am very impressed with the out of the box features. The base platform is feature rich which you don't see on other platforms. I love I can do so much at such a great price. I also love the team at Miva. Philip, Anthony, Brennan, Nate have been super helpful with educating us on the product and getting our site launched.

What do you dislike?

I think the one thing I dislike is that I can't learn things fast enough. They have great manuals/videos and support staff but it is a lot to take in. It's not hard just takes a little time to learn. If this was the only thing all day I would be fine but I have to manage other programs at the office too. The guides have been a great resource for me since right now I have a very low budget for extra help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- take your time and really understand how things work and how things are connected

- don't rush when making a decision

- read the features - you will be impressed

We are currently on the magento platform which is cumbersome, expensive, hard to use and you need a support staff to truly manage it. We were looking for a quick and inexpensive solution to launch several websites. Our first website with magento took 1.5 years, granted we had agency issues but coding for magento took awhile. It took me 6 weeks with Miva. I could have launched in a week if this was the only thing I manged. I wear many hats so had to split my time on this and other projects.

Miva review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Miva Merchant .... In one word AWESOME!"

What do you like best?

Miva Merchant, in my opinion is simply awesome. For the past 15 years we used the Miva platform on our four websites, with it we have grown from a small part-time business to the multi-million dollar power house that we are today. Miva has been with us every step of the way. From it’s sleek modern responsive design ready themes that can get you up and running in a matter of hours, to a intuitive administration panel that can allow you to have complete control over the look and feel of your website if you want it. Cool features such as wish lists, gift certificates, discount coupons, upsells, market place feeds, order history just to name a few. The built in CRM to process orders and handle all your customers needs from tracking numbers, to even reminding your customers their credit cards is about to expire is great. But what sets them apart for our company is their tech support. 24 hours a day we have support, and support that happens quickly not days as with other hosts we dealt with in our early years. Oh, did I mention US based tech support! From a simple how to question on to change something to help with PCI compliance issues, Miva has been there for us. I know this sound like a sale pitch, but the truth is without the help of Miva over the years we would not be where we are today.

What do you dislike?

Not much, it works for us. Yes, I would love to pay less, but lets face it. If you want the best its worth every penny.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its power and with their ready themes you can get a modern website up and running very quickly. An their web hosting is top notch.

The internet is getting very small, if want to compete against powerhouses like amazon, walmart, and target the you need software that can compete at their level. Miva Merchant is that platform for us. It's a very powerful platform for eCommerce with many features. Basically it keeps us ahead of our competition.

Miva review by Doug B.
Doug B.

"Great platform for comprehensive eCommerce delivery"

What do you like best?

Deep functionality, continuous release developments, full-featured eCommerce capabilities, extensive item pricing and marketing promotion features, excellent SEO support, and innovative shopping cart features.

What do you dislike?

There is little to dislike ... opportunities exist to make the add-on module ecosystem more broadly supported and more engaged; over time, it will be helpful to deepen the sys admin flexibility (e.g., rubust custom field edits).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully engage with Miva. Invest in attending the Mivacon conferences; they are invigorating, informative, and very engaging. Everyone of the gives you a sense of the energetic, client-centric culture at Miva. Focus on learning everything you can about the platform as early as possible. There is much more there than any client can use, but knowing the possibilities will improve your site design and expand your possibilities.

We had complex, variable custom pricing requirements, deeper functional needs throughout due to my clients multi-faceted B2B business model, and a need to integrate data and functionality with our ERP system; however, the Miva team was very capable and responsive in assisting us with all of those developments.. Great company, great culture, great people ... great platfrorm.

Miva review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Too critical to leave to just anybody..."

What do you like best?

Miva understands partnership. That sounds trite, but its vital when you think about the role their software plays in the operation of any legitimate online business. We can't afford mistakes, errors, downtime, or poorly designed software. More importantly, we can't afford to deal with eCommerce platform providers that don't have a sense of urgency when these issues inevitably arise. Miva has never let us down. To the contrary, we can share stories of true heroism based on actual support they've provided.

What do you dislike?

My greatest dislike about Miva is that we did not find them earlier. We struggled to manage our business with a very well-known platform provider located in our own area code...something they were surprised to find out despite our very high rank on their customer list. It speaks volumes about everything that is wrong with the other guys...and everything we value so greatly about Miva.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about the size of your business and the support levels you'll need to run a mission-critical application responsibly. Think about the loss of income you would suffer from downtime. Whether you're team is responsible for the problem or not, think about the sense of urgency you'd appreciate as you try to recover. Would an outgoing message that says, "Thanks for calling ___. Unfortunately, all of our associates are currently in a company meeting..." make you happy as you search for guidance?

Our business is 100% eCommerce-based. We are a wholesaler that pioneered the use of eCommerce for supporting the retail shops we serve. We continue to define new features that are useful in a B2B setting. With Miva, so far it has been true...if you can dream it, you can make it work in Miva. With the other platforms we've used, we were constrained to the features they provided and the B2C paradigm for which those features were designed.

Miva review by Derek P.
Derek P.

"Solid and Extensible"

What do you like best?

Nothing is hard-coded in Miva. We have particularly complex rules with various parts of our business (such as shipping restrictions), and the shopping cart has been able to meet each challenge. The flexibility of the software is great, which helps us a lot since our product line has a lot of complexity to it.

The hosting has been excellent and our account manager has always been there for our needs. Outside of our account manager, their customer support has been great and always respond to any tickets quickly and professionally.

What do you dislike?

I've been involved with Miva Merchant almost 10 years. When I first began working with their third-party module system (which uses their own scripting language), the documentation was sparse. This has improved since then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use their forums. Even if you don't post there, you can still find a lot of good information from Miva itself and other users.

Shipping our product is deceptively complex, especially internationally. Due to regulations with carries such as FedEx and USPS, we have to integrate our business rules with theirs.

The Miva Support team has integrated us with payment options and other 3rd party services to boost sales. Examples are Amazon Payments and Google Trusted Stores. For GTS, the Miva developer came up with a solution for us to ensure that Google's requirements in the integration was met.

We recently (within the past year) launched a new website design as the previous was definitely showing its age. Miva's team built a new design and worked with us throughout the entire testing, launch, and post-launch phases. They've solved numerous problems for us, including iPhone specific issues with each iOS upgrade and browser compatibility.

Miva review by Charl B.
Charl B.

"Look no further than Miva!"

What do you like best?

Impossible to write everything we liked best. Let's just say we love everything about Miva. Miva has allowed us to streamline processes and provide a simple, flexible, easy to use platform for all users. Every single person, from start to finish, is filled with insight and constantly finding creative ways to make our vision a reality.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about the Miva family.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Miva!

We had a number of issues growing from a small business which limited what we could accomplish using our existing platform. Miva has allowed us to continue to grow and facilitate anything that comes our way. To keep customers happy when they see a site where they are no longer aggravated with how clumsy it is. Being able to offer our wholesale markets a B2B platform and to streamlining processes on the back end are HUGE!

Miva review by Samantha D.
Samantha D.

"Fully featured, enterprise level eCommerce Platform"

What do you like best?

Miva's support team makes it possible to do almost anything with the platform - integrate with almost any other software or service and add almost any feature that you can think of. Their VIP support is available 24/7 for any issues that might arise. Their staff is knowledgeable in all levels of ecommerce from conversion best practices to high-level scalability. For a medium-sized to large business, they can make it possible to compete at an enterprise level.

What do you dislike?

It definitely is pricey and may not be super cost effective for a very small or low volume business. If you do not have a high level of coding skills, making dramatic changes to the interface yourself could be challenging.

Miva helped us complete a thorough integration with our ERP software and our website, which other vendors failed at doing. They were able to manage our projects from start to finish and stay on time and on budget, which we have also had issues with from other vendors.

Miva review by Darren P.
Darren P.

"Most Feature Rich and Flexible Shopping Cart Available"

What do you like best?

I have been using Miva Merchant for 17 years, both as a consultant and end-user. In that time Miva has continued to bring new features to the platform. What I like the most about it though is the flexibility and control. Not only does it have extensive templates for complete control of every page, but it's own scripting language that is virtually unlimited. This is not a one-size-fits all, but a robust platform that scales with your business.

What do you dislike?

All this flexibility and control does come at a price. But if you are a real business, that is to be expected. That said, if you are just starting out, they have much lower plans to fit your budget. One thing I would like to see is better site search built-in. We use a third party for our site search now, which adds to our monthly expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other shopping carts that may be lower cost, but will not grow with you and will not be as flexible as you will most likely come to find out as you build your store.

We have several retail stores as well as a b2b with restricted access, different price levels, etc. I have built numerous sites for other clients all with different requirements and Miva has fit the bill every time. I have sites with anywhere from 20 products all the way up to 200,000 products, and it handles them all.

Miva review by Tom S.
Tom S.

"☆☆☆☆☆ Miva.com has by far the best e-commerce there is anywhere"

What do you like best?

The savings and the rollouts from Miva on their e-commerce platform are the best. Whatever your mind can dream up Miva can help you achieve it through Miva.com e-commerce. The most secure and productive e-commerce platform available to mankind.

What do you dislike?

not a darn thing- everything about Miva works

Recommendations to others considering the product

invite me out again !!

If you are considering an e-commerce platform ground up - to Enterprise Level; Miva E-commerce hosting platform, design development capability, and the utmost in 24 hour Technical Support- look no further- Miva.com has by far the best e-commerce there is anywhere.

Miva review by Desiree S.
Desiree S.

"The best E-Commerce platform out there!"

What do you like best?

Innovative shopping cart features, amazing developers, customer support that is TRULY available when needed, a fast and stable platform that works nearly without fail! Our experience has been exceptional from the start. We love the flexibility of design and functionality and have used both the fully free-form site design with Miva designers as well as the Ready Theme templates for two of our websites.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Really. They have thought of everything and if it isn't in play right now, then it will be in the next release!

Miva helps us get our products up and sold with little to no fuss. Integration with our accounting software has been resolved, CRM is handled. Using the Miva platform allows us to focus on running our business instead of building and maintaining the websites.

Miva review by Bill P.
Bill P.

"Miva helps us put a Fortune 500 face out to the world. Well done!"

What do you like best?

We are not new to eCommerce as we have been doing it since 1997. Miva has brought us into the realm that most of our giant competitors are in, and helps us look like we have full time developers on staff.

While our website (www.perrets.com) is certainly "open to the public" at retail our primary use is B2B. Our B2B customers expect and actually require custom portals for their buyers to interact with us. When our B2B customers login, they see what appears to be a completely different, customized site showing their specific products, special contracted pricing, any terms they may have, and even their company logo that shows the user that they are in the "right place".

Miva has us looking just like, no-Better!, than the "big boys".

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Miva is a serious tool.

I would recommend to anyone that is serious about their e commerce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Miva is robust. There is a learning curve as there is with most software, but there is plenty of support available both online and directly from Miva.

Miva also produces Youtube tutorials on a myriad of subjects that are very helpful.

In the past we would actually build a separate website for each of our B2B customers. This was very tedious and repetitive. Now Miva allows us to do it all in one place, and it is completely integrated with our POS and Inventory Control software. So orders flow directly into our system every 3 minutes so no re-keying by our staff is necessary.

The anti-carding tools are also exceptional!

Miva review by Bonnie R.
Bonnie R.

"MIVA is easy to use ecommerce platform that is continues to exceed my expectations"

What do you like best?

The support is best of class. I have found MIVA support to be responsive and helpful in all situations. The forums are a wealth of information and way to exchange ideas. If I cant find an answer on the forum, I will post a question and generally will have an answer to my question either from development or another participant in a short period of time. I am very impressed by the responsiveness of the MIVA Team.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, MIVA has continued to meet and exceed my expectations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the Ready Themes.

I am working on upgrading to the latest MIVA Ready Themes. WIth the instructional videos and posts from the forum, I feel I can tackle this in a short period of time. This will give my website a new, fresh look with minimal effort of my part due to the free themes that are available through MIVA.

Miva review by Dylan B.
Dylan B.

"Miva continues to get better and better, and we grow along with them"

What do you like best?

Miva have worked very hard to ensure their administration interface is user friendly and quick to navigate. When I think of the improvements over the 10 years that I've used Miva, it is spectacular to see how far they've come in this area.

What do you dislike?

I'd like Miva to provide more control over search functions within their admin. interface. It would be nice to filter out redundant pages/categories/products that we may not want to see in search results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend thinking about how much control you want over your online store. If you're just planning on being a "me-too" then Miva is likely overkill for your needs. Ironically Miva is also perfect for such a venture as their ReadyThemes could have a basic functional e-commerce store operational in mere days.

Miva have provided us with the tools to make our small family business competitive. We've transformed from a start-up in 2006 to a two-store high end retailer with sales in the many millions. I truly believe Miva has been a big part of allowing for this to happen.

Miva review by Caleb S.
Caleb S.

"Fast, Powerful, Feature Rich....and Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

This platform is backed by MySQL and utilizes a template-based, modular, compiled architecture. What does all that mean? It means that this platform SCALES. We tried some of the competition and found that although they worked great when the catalog had a few products, as we added more products and more modules and more features the entire site got slower and slower. But we have never had this problem with our Miva sites (which we currently operate 7). Some of our sites have 10K+ products on them and it does not run considerably slower than our sites that have a few dozen products.

What do you dislike?

Compared to other platforms, this solution may not be cost effective for your business if it is small. It's also worth noting that the platform is proprietary, so there might be obstacles if you want to create a development environment.

We were looking for a platform that would allow our business to grow even whenever we changed directions a few times. Miva is easy to change using it's template system (it's like writing HTML). But for the more adventurous, you can actually write modules to extend the functionality of Miva (note: We do this very rarelty these days because there is so much build into Miva 9+ like coupons and variations). Miva (and their hosting partner formerly known as Hostasaurus) has been great about making sure that our servers run well and stay updated. If we ever have a problem, we know that we can turn to Miva and they will help us out.

Miva review by Virginia Rae S.
Virginia Rae S.

"MIVA has the best Functionality and Flexibility"

What do you like best?

With minimal coding experience, we can customize MIVA to meet our specific needs. The Help Desk personnel are outstanding and they have always reacted quickly and their help is invaluable. There are so many programs that integrate with MIVA that we can expand capabilities for little or no extra investment.

What do you dislike?

We have not found much to dislike about MIVA. The Help Desk is always there to answer questions if we get stuck. If I were to ask for additions, it would be in the area of Reports. It would be nice to have expanded reporting capabilities without having to export data to other solutions (QuickBooks, T-Hub, Excel).

Recommendations to others considering the product

MIVA is one of the best companies I have worked with. The software is good and the support is excellent.

We switched from Volusion because we needed more customization and the ability to change more on the fly. We have found MIVA to be a much better fit for us because there is nothing we can't do. MIVA has very few limitations. I never have to say "No, we can't do that" Now I can say "Yes we can, how long and what's your budget?" We have increased our sales dramatically by utilizing Attributes and improving SEO.

Miva review by De I.
De I.

"MIVA is Stable, Reliable, Flexible and Looks Great on all Platforms and Browsers!"

What do you like best?

I have been a MIVA developer for over 16 years. I love this platform and have recommended it to the majority of my eCommerce customers. In most cases 90% of the functionality my customers need is built in and included at no additional fee. When we implement a tricky feature - there is almost always a module that address that need. And when we are building a feature that is not included and no module exists, we build our own modules for added functionality. But my favorite MIVA feature of all is the seamless streaming upgrades between versions. I have never had a client's site go down due to an upgrade.

What do you dislike?

Can shipping configuration for real time rates ever be easy? Although painful, if done correctly, MIVA's real time shipping integrations are spot on accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid company with a dedicated staff. It's nice to be able to have a real relationship with the developers, some of whom have been with MIVA since the 90s... I can't say that about any other eCommerce provider.

We specialize in workflow automation. MIVA has given us the ability to streamline our customer's eCommerce and order processing and fulfillment procedures so they can spend their time creating new products and growing their businesses.

Miva review by Matt E.
Matt E.

"Top Shelf"

What do you like best?

No hassle platform upgrades. Endlessly customizable. Stellar tech support.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I dislike at the moment.

We needed an online shopping cart way back in the day and went with Miva. We've been with Miva for over 15 years and have never felt the need to look elsewhere. They have been a great fit for us since day 1.

Miva review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Expensive and one of the worst back end systems I have ever used"

What do you like best?

Honestly, I did not like anything about the Miva Platform. If you are looking at Miva, you should compare it t custom development projects. It will cost you an arm and a leg to get a website that looks like a simple Shopify template that you can achieve. It was one of the reasons I left a position at a good company because I thought working on the Miva platform would hurt my career in the long run.

What do you dislike?

- An awful back-end that made it impossible to work efficiently when uploading products.

- Ridiculous charges for development...if you want to make a change you have to pay one of their developers to do it.

- Rarely got a result based upon your requests for development

- Way behind its competitor platforms when it comes to innovation

Recommendations to others considering the product

By using the Miva platform you are marrying their development team and they will struggle to stay current with your competitors. The design results were not on par with what other platforms are able to do. It will also cost you an arm and leg to customize the platform to meet your business needs.

I did not find one

Miva review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Powerful program, but license changes convinced me to move on."

What do you like best?

Customization of each type of page in the store made this a very powerful program. Virtually anything is possible if you are willing to learn to code.

What do you dislike?

It's very difficult to change the site appearance as each page must be edited manually. Use of short codes makes it a bit easier, but it's hard to manage these without inventing your own system. The cost of using Miva increased when they started charging per active user and costs also went up. "Lifetime licenses" were made obsolete with the new pricing policies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know HTML/CSS and be willing to learn Miva's language..... or hire an expert to maintain and manage it for you.

Was an excellent ecommerce platform that allows for incredible customization. We were able to create features that were impossible with similar priced programs at the time. Since then, others have caught up to Miva yet maintained their lower price model pricing Miva out of the market.

Miva review by Steve H.
Steve H.

"Miva product and support best in class"

What do you like best?

Miva Suppport has consistently been responsive and effective through my tenure as a client. No matter what type or level of coomplexity, Miva has proven itself over and over again. There has been no downtime EVER when using Miva as a hosting company, and their Miva Merchant software continues to grow and offer wonderful options, the most recent being Digital Downloads, a tremendous advantage for my small business.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about my Miva experience!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The user interface makes it easy to customize anything. There are a number of Miva specialists that can work within your store back-end if you are not conversant with the Miva Merchant language and protocols.

1. Custom email invoices are easy to configure.

2. Digital downloads has been the biggest boon to my business since starting with Miva. I was able to discontinue two other services that were supporting this needed feature.

3. Reliability of the merchant software is amazing.

4. I was able to add Amazon payments which has been a very popular payment method,

Miva review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Robust e-commerce Platform -Good reliability and excellent service"

What do you like best?

They are very quick to reply when you have an issue and follow up until the issue is closed. The platform is very customization friendly and allows for one to modify almost everything. Constantly being updated and the interface is not hard to use.

What do you dislike?

They repriced several years ago making this a much more expensive solution. So compared to many other solutions for smaller websites this one can be pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand pricing and if you just want cookie cutter site for e-commerce other options may be better cost, but if you need flexibility and customization then use Miva.

Manage an online store that requires personalization and custom basket flows.

Miva review by Stephen M L.
Stephen M L.

"We have been in love with Miva Merchant since version 1.x"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that if you know simple html and css you can basically create any website you can draw up or imagine. In this day and age you need a cutting edge Mobile User Interface and Miva includes it in their software at NO ADDITIONAL charge to the customer. They also provide in depth How To Tutorials on each of its features and then take it further by providing support on their user forums. These dedicated support personal will answer most questions at no charge to the customer. I also love the fact that they are constantly upgrading the Miva Merchant software with cutting edge features and user requests.

What do you dislike?

All the MORONS out there WHINING about Miva's recent price increase!!! The CEO of Miva, Rick Wilson, made it ABUNDANTLY clear during the recent price increase that ALL CUSTOMERS could openly approach him if they thought the price increase was to drastic and he would work with them on finding a middle ground. Instead they decided to whine and post false reviews on the quality of Miva.

I DID NOT LIKE THE PRICE INCREASE MYSELF so what did I do??? I e-mailed Rick and within an hour had a middle ground price that was more than reasonable and affordable for my company. That's what I call GREAT CUSTOMER Service.

Now what do I dislike about Miva Merchant itself? I guess it would be that Miva does not have a built in cart abandonment feature built in. I have tried 3rd Party Software and all of them are really lame.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're serious about growing your small online business then Miva Merchant is the e-commerce software you're looking for.

With Miva constantly evolving their e-commerce software I don't have to worry about shopping around and trying to find a better product. Some will disagree but, personally I think Miva is head and shoulders above the competition in the e-commerce game. My loyalty to Miva since version 1.x should be a testament to that fact.

Add in Miva's GREAT customer service and willingness to work with their customers on pricing and in my opinion there is not a better e-commerce solution out there!!!

Miva review by Bob A.
Bob A.

"Excellent Shopping Cart, Top Flight Technology & very Reactive to Customer's Needs "

What do you like best?

Very responsive team to work with. They really listen to our needs and recently created a brand new custom web site for our BedBathHome.com that gives us our own unique brand and speaks to our customer. They have a good blend of seasoned professionals and young talent that will keep your business on top of the curve. Our new site with MIVA is fully scalable to any device and we have seen our mobile transactions growing exponentially. In that you can host your web site through their Hostasaurus solution it becomes a one stop shop and it simplifies everything. .

What do you dislike?

Our custom site functions well and looks awesome but Google organic ranking and SEO optimization is always a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if your looking for a uniquely designed web site that funcitons well and can compete with the big players I would highly recommend MIVA. We have been on the platform since 1997 and MIVA has grown with us as we have expanded. We also have 11 brick and mortor stores and now our web business is a vital component to the overall picture.

We sell in a highly competitive niche, home textiles, but we are gaining traction and our sales continue to increase. Miva features like Amazon Payments Advanced Integration that allows you to accept a customer's Amazon credentials while staying within your own checkout. The PayPal Payments Pro integration is also seamless and easy from administrative stand point. Additionally features are easily added through modules that then can be customized such as customer product reviews. Connection to third party partner programs like Shipworks for example, which streamline shipping and help manage customer communications.

Miva review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"I love MIVA"

What do you like best?

We have been with MIVA for over 12 years. We have found the platform to be stable, efficient and priced within our budget. As a small boutique store we do not have high volume sales and a lot of money to spend on development. We really rely on a company that provides a good product a fair price.

What I like best about MIVA is their excellent customer support. I have NEVER had a bad experience with customer support. Every agent I have worked with had bent over backwards to help me. I have not ever had to call with a function of MIVA not working, but rather on helping me install, configure, modify or add a feature.

This level of customer service is rare in today's marketplace.

What do you dislike?

While above I mentioned that the pricing is fair, I am hoping it stays fair and reasonable for small shops. The developer fee is a little over my budget. I was hoping to have 'tabs' added to my product pages but the cost was too high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will enjoy working with MIVA!

MIVA's ready theme upgrade has really helped us to stay competitive with the ability to reach mobile and tablet users - this was huge for us. Built in coupons and other features means not having to spend additional money on 3rd party modules.

Learn more about Miva

Miva Videos

Learning about Miva?

* We monitor all Miva reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.