Mixmax

Mixmax makes Gmail your 'workflow control center' so you win more deals, engage more customers and streamline recruiting processes.

Work for Mixmax?

Learning about Mixmax?

Mixmax Reviews

Ask Mixmax a Question
Showing 216 Mixmax reviews
Mixmax review by Neil H.
Neil H.

"MixMax makes email tracking profitable and convenient."

What do you like best?

I like the templates and follow-up. The melding of minds is perfect. Using MixMax creates a strong opportunity in facilitating growth opportunities. Knowing how your email campaigns are going allows for prioritizing the who receives the next contact or follow-up email. Bounces illustrates that some email contacts may be antiquated or closed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes syncs at inconvenient times. Makes it hard to track emails when that occurs. The customer service follow-up could be better reached. Sometimes knowing where links are to do follow-ups are hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your need ahead of time. does this fit your particular situation? If you have a growing consumer or client base, it helps to have a way of maintaining a contact list. MixMax makes keeping up on who is responding and who isn't a great way of maintaining the email contacts. I like the platforms ease of use and convenient tutorials.

Allows advantage of tracking how many opens and how many bounces occur. Knowing how the emails are openned or not opened provides me valuable data for understanding my client potentials.This platform brings technology forward that works well with needs and allows me the convenience of staying ahead of the learning curve.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mixmax
Mixmax review by Amy D.
Amy D.

"Don't try to work without it!"

What do you like best?

MixMax is an amazing tool. I recommend it to EVERY one of my clients. I train on communication skills in medical offices and stress the importance of eliminating errors. They would find great value in the templates.

My most favorite attribute is the ability to set up different meetings. The templates and invaluable to me as I meet remotely with teams and trying to get them to commit to times used to take many emails back and forth. Now I sent the appropriate meeting link, they select a good time, and we all have a meeting on our calendars with all the necessary details.

My other favorite items is the templates that make standard emails efficient and error-free.

What do you dislike?

There are time the contact list in MixMax does not maintain the edits in Gmail. It is the main frustration. And then when opening Gmail, sometimes I have to reload the page when first opening it to have MixMax be engaged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! It is a great product that is so very powerful! I do consulting work for administrative teams that email standard items between offices. Many times it is unprofessional or with typos. Having templates saves them time and standardizes the communication.

Efficiency, efficiency, efficiency! I have many potential and active clients needing to meet with me. I absolutely LOVE the ability to set up meeting templates of all kinds. I simply use a link and they pick their time and we both get a calendar notice. It eliminates the countless emails of trying to hunt-and-peck to find an actual time.

I also love the email templates! It eliminates the errors of always typing something up and the efficiency is amazing!!!

What Email Tracking solution do you use?

Mixmax review by Avi L.
Avi L.

"MixMax is more than essential, it is crucial."

What do you like best?

MixMax turns Gmail and the Google Apps service into a sales machine. From automation to drip campaigns, to attaching gifs, polls, and question and answers in the email with smart typing MixMax is a must have tool for business owners and professionals who want more intelligence from Gmail for sales, marketing, management and more. MixMax works with Salesforce and numerous other Sass offerings and is under consistent development to offer value. I've been a happy customer for several years.

What do you dislike?

There is little to dislike. The only thing I'm left wanting for is an Android app, and perhaps to use MixMax's shiny brand spanking new phone sales call system built into the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the free trial to see how fast it will improve your businesses management efficiency.

The business problems I'm solving:

• Checking emails opens, clicks and downloads

• Automating email communications for sales

• Scheduling appointments with clients

• Templating comms and mktg assets with my team

• Working smarter with automation rules

Mixmax review by Andrew G.
Andrew G.

"I can't get enough of this add on!! My workflow isn't the same without it."

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of creating and inserting email templates as well as being able to set up sequences. It's very easy for me to personalized messages and send them out in a cadence of emails that will eventually yield a response. Another great feature is the reminders and being able to see if people viewed my emails. This is a great way for me to determine how interested someone is (based on how many times they viewed my email) and the automated reminder ensures that I follow up in a timely manner!

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I dislike about the product. If anything I think it would be nice to have the ability to reschedule a sequence that has already been put into effect. By this I mean the time that the entire stage is set to go out prior to actually activating any recipients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is a must have! It makes my sales workflow so much more efficient and has increased the number of meetings I have booked in addition to all of the productivity pros!

Saving a ton of time with writing emails and having a good cadence with prospects. Love the calendar plugin as it helps me to get meetings and I've just found that it makes my life a whole lot easier. The integration into Salesforce is also super helpful.

Mixmax review by Eric L. J.
Eric L. J.

"Mixmax fills in the gaps and increases productivity."

What do you like best?

The absolute best item I love about Mixmax is the calendar integration and easily being able to send a simple calendar invite or sending a list of available times to book me. I have never had a client have an issue with using these features. The next round of likes is the email tracking for opens. I deal in more than 100 emails a day and it helps to know who has opened the email and if they're opening the email more than once. It gives me an idea of response time. I also like being able to send emails at a later time so my employees or some clients receive the email at a time I feel they will be able to read and respond. This comes in handy if I'm working late and sending out many emails so they are not lost at the bottom of the recipients' stack.

What do you dislike?

No matter what I do, some days I have to allow permissions over and over again even with the cookie entry in my browser. I am also still awaiting Grammarly and Mixmax to work together. And I really need these features on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that it is under your browser only at this time and there are no iPhone or Android applications available... but I am sure there will be!

Canned responses, email tracking, calendar invites, and Enhanced mode with code markup or other explanations/documentation.

Mixmax review by Anna G.
Anna G.

"A productivity game-changer"

What do you like best?

As a Customer Success Manager, the ability to share my calendar availability has reduced my scheduling back-and-forths by somewhere around 10%. It saves me time and creates a better experience for my customers, which is the best part.

The email templates and sequences are also amazing. I love the ability to insert a template and ensure follow-ups, so I'm not re-writing the same email over and over or letting things fall through the cracks.

Also love features like the vidyard integration, where you can easily record and send a video.

Overall it's a delightful UI that I actually enjoy using.

What do you dislike?

I wish when sharing my availability, I had the option to simply send a link to my calendar (like Calendly) so the recipient could select any available slot, rather than having to select available times first.

Also which there were more product walkthroughs/tool tips on the site. I'm sure I'm under-utilizing some features.

- Increased efficiency / productivity with email templates and scheduling calendar events.

- Greater visibility through Open/Click-thru tracking

Mixmax review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Game changer? Without any doubt."

What do you like best?

Saves time to focus on the essential things. Imagine Mailchimps younger brother and Gmail and Google Calender throwing a productivity party for your company. That's what using Mixmax feels like. No joke: it's fun! Templates, sequences, reminders, scheduled emails, beautiful link presentations, and so many more useful tools.

What do you dislike?

Reminders on emails which didn't receive a reply could be solved more elegant. But the team is working on it according to the last newsletter. Apart from that, I cannot dislike any detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small team looking for solutions on how to speed up daily work, never miss an email to send on the right moment, sometimes wonder why using expensive MailChimp, this is your Gmail integration of choice.

Everybody knows the situation: missing a great opportunity because you wrote the email at the wrong moment, missed the right follow up, remember a possible client to check your offer. Mixmax ends this. Write emails at the very right moment, never losing the right opportunity. It's almost spooky. Through this integration, my team and I were able to close more deals. Having better and fluent contact with clients. Able to higher my work performance. And on Fridays, I can close my computer even with an all-done Inbox-Zero!

Mixmax review by Jordan C.
Jordan C.

"A joy to work with"

What do you like best?

Hands down - the one on one support from MixMax is unmatched. I feel well taken care of, my questions are answered quickly, and they have a path for sharing product optimizations and requests that would serve our team specifically.

What do you dislike?

We've had intermittent bugs that are always addressed quickly and head on. Our rep comes to the table with a solution or at the very least, a solid workaround.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of the support team. We were able to increase

Mixmax provides value in numerous ways. We're able to automate client reach our and follow-up, track email reads and clicks, schedule meetings easily, and report on activity. It saves us time and money, and allows us to very easily understand what's working and what isn't. We've been able to test messaging and process, ultimately resulting in a streamlined and over all better customer experience.

Mixmax review by Noa G.
Noa G.

"LOVE the MixMax add on in Gmail!"

What do you like best?

The MixMax service made my life so much easier!

It helps me automate all the small things I do on a regular basis (like, for example, instant replies to emails - I use templates that are custom designed for each purpose), and helps with email reminders (I never forget to follow up on important matters anymore). Everything is much more well organized now. I love it. I pay the annual upgrade and it is well worth it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I really don't or can't think of anything I am missing with their service. And If I do, they send weekly emails that keeps introducing new abilities and features to me. That is so helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I LOVE this product. Will never use Gmail without MixMax added.

Organization

Automation

Reminders

Group emails

Mixmax review by Jack J.
Jack J.

"Doubling Productivity"

What do you like best?

Mixmax allows us to programmatically add contacts to strategic emails sequences via their API to drive an email response, a booked meeting, or an escalation task. The activity analytics give us insight to what messaging is working the best, verify our content is being accessed, and inevitable cratft better and better sequences.

What do you dislike?

The meeting scheduler did not give us the flexibility to offer clients to book an hour meeting in 30-minute intervals forcing us to rearrange our calendars or leverage Calendly for certain meeting types. However, this functionality has just been announced by Mixmax which will enable us to completely get rid of Calendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mixmax will help automate any type of email engagement. To get the most value leverage their very robust API to programmatically add contacts to the best sequences based on the data you have available.

Mixmax allows us to focus efforts on unresponsive clients automatically while we prioritize meeting with our engaged users. If a client completes a sequence we escalate to a human touchpoint then continue to bump them up the escalation path with another sequence. Traditionally this escalation path has been the most time consuming and de-prioritized function for our Onboarding team. Mixmax does all of the emailing and followup work for us while providing analytics to see what message is the most successful. The capacity of the team has nearly doubled as we are able to drive quicker launch times for clients by keeping their engagement high from the moment they enter our portfolio.

Mixmax review by Josh R.
Josh R.

"Favorite Software Tool I've Used Yet"

What do you like best?

I personally love the side bar when I'm logged into my gmail account where it shows me all of the emails I've sent and whether or not they have been viewed, a link has been clicked or it has been responded to. Makes things a lot easier for me and a lot more interesting when you can see a potential client viewing your email all on your home page of gmail.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything that I dislike yet. We are looking to implement them entirely and I'm sure once I get more familiar with the software there will be something, but as of now there's nothing!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a chance. Currently in a trial phase with my company that is looking to bring it on full time to replace Calendly and Outreach and it's excellent. Everyone here who is using the trial absolutely loves it. Give it a go!

Scheduling demos easier via email, sending proposals and links easier and better looking via email, saving time tracking emails I have sent on my home page of gmail.

Mixmax review by Lance M.
Lance M.

"Great for small--medium teams"

What do you like best?

UX is very user-friendly and intuitive. I've tried reply, mailshake, and a few others and Mixmax is a good balance between robust and minimal. Sequences are easy to set up and execute and reporting is clear. There's also a neat feature that spot checks for missing merge fields before sending. It's saved me a couple times. There's a feature that recommends send times for each contact. Not sure how it sorts that out but it's been very effective.

What do you dislike?

Pricing for email services seems to be creeping up but Mixmax still fits within the middle-high end of what's out there. For the ideal features, it can be a bit pricey but for the basics done well, it's a fair price. Integrations with Zapier or other CRM's would be a very welcome addition. The calendar feature could also be very strong except for the branding (even on premium accounts) It's not presented in a very professional manner, making it difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mailshake is a close second if you're seeking something a little less robust.

For prospecting and saving time with follow-ups, its been really helpful. you can schedule drips as far out as 30 days and add as many steps as needed. If managing a team is important, Mixmax makes it easy to manage the templates they have access too and have oversight into what they are sending and when.

Mixmax review by Ravinshu S.
Ravinshu S.

"Best in-class sales aid out there"

What do you like best?

Mixmax has huge add-ons available to any standard mail, right from tracking to lists, email invites to link creation, file download to detailed analysis of email. The paid version is a great tool if you can afford it.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes lags a lot and emails don't go with attachments on days, thus you need to be patient with this one, rarely though. The free version is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The full version has various features but the free version too is good for basic stuff like tracking opens, clicks etc. which can be done using 2-3 different tools currently thus it saves your effort of using 2-3 plugins. If you can, go for the full version.

Emails Tracking, Scheduling, Lists, Open and file download notifications are few features I leverage on a daily basis. Templates and Mail merge too can be used, I use YAMM though for the later.

Mixmax review by mark t h.
mark t h.

"MixMax - the ultimate productivity tool for outbound sales and marketing teams"

What do you like best?

Mixmax is used in our organization by both our sales and marketing teams. Our sales team uses the tool as a way to send all of our outbound messages based on our account-based strategies for reaching our target prospects. We automate email outreach drips using MixMax. Our marketing team uses MixMax to automate outbound campaigns for linkbuilding. Similarly to how sales uses MixMax, our marketing team is uploading contacts and mapping out content as part of a sequence.

What do you dislike?

Not Exactly dislike but I would love if MixMax integrated with LinkedIn Sales Navigator for a seamless transition from saved leads in LinkedIn being populated in MixMax.

Its well suited for small businesses, startups, and small marketing teams (under 10 people). The tool has the most value for companies wanting to streamline outbound email strategies, but can also be used by anyone looking for a simple, intuitive email tracking tool. MixMax's Enterprise may be well-suited for companies ranging from 250-500 people, but I would not recommend it to companies with 500 or more employees.

Mixmax review by Sundeep G.
Sundeep G.

"Email tracking and automation simplified!"

What do you like best?

Though Mixmax does what every other tool does, it's UI is smooth, understandable and easy to use. The reports are great, email tracking is simple, template and sequence performance is great. There is very little that Mixmax does wrong.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike in Mixmax. It is probably the best which helps me with my business needs. However, there are times when Mixmax obstructs me with my Gmail functionality which is quite irritating but only sometimes. The Mixmax app on Chrome also sometimes stops functioning and also create a lag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mixmax has a good trial period and it offers all the features during the trial. Please use the trial before going with the product.

We used to have a hard time managing email campaigns and it is greatly simplified by Mixmax. Most of the times we spend time inefficiently inside the inbox but with Mixmax you get to use your time more efficiently with all its easy to use features.

Mixmax review by User

"Automates all of my daily tasks for me"

What do you like best?

I love that MixMax allows me to have so many email templates, so that I can just send what I need to each lead, opp, and closed account depending on where they are in the sales cycle.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better way to share available times to book in a meeting with me, but this feature is available and does work fine. I would prefer to have a template of times of day, that I can share to multiple leads in one day, instead of having to pick 3 times manually each time I send my availability.

Definitely just saving time by having email templates. It's also great to be able to see when someone opens an email, and to have everything integrated with salesforce. I also really like being able to send a "poll" which really makes it easier for people to respond with just the click of a button.

Mixmax review by Jayca P.
Jayca P.

"Easy, effective, lightweight email fabulosity"

What do you like best?

Works with Inbox by Gmail; zero friction to get up and running; seamless tracking of emails, scheduling every single message to send at the best time in one click; simple to see basic analytics; excellent snoozes and gentle reminders. Most of this is done on autopilot, too - plenty to customize, but not a lot I had to set up at the outset.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it messes with my Gmail function (not often), occasionally need to refresh to get it to engage, bulk messages and template messaging is an odd workflow (for me); no meaningful sharing among teams, even at the higher price points (which, btw, aren't that high).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Especially if you're using Inbox by Gmail, this is a just a really smart little tool to add.

While Mixmax doesn't get me out of my Inbox (ugh, I wish), it does make all the time I spend in there more efficient. Lots of apps let you track, snooze, schedule, send later, etc but I don't need to hunt for these in Mixmax, or even think about them. Plenty of features to make it worth an upgrade for professional use, but not bulky, so you actually get to realize the value of the software, vs the "oh that's kind of neat" thought process.

Mixmax review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"MixMax Review"

What do you like best?

I like that I can send sequences with MixMax. I tried using all sorts of different email outreach tools but there were none as comprehensive as MixMax. I also like that I can setup rules and segment people based on the actions that they take, like opening their emails, clicking on links and add those individuals into different lists.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's still a little glitchy. For example, when I have a sequence that's longer than 10 emails, all of a sudden open rates, click rates and every other metric doesn't show up anymore. It's quite annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using MixMax. I wasted countless hours trying to find a product that would satisfy my needs.

I am solving my need for being able to do outreach without having to cold call. I hated cold calling and MixMax has allowed me to automate that outreach process and build relationships with people through email and video. I also realized that the segmentation feature is extremely useful and I was looking for a software that does this before I came across MixMax. I probably went through 10 different email outreach tools and none of them really scratched my itch.

Mixmax review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Productivity Increased "

What do you like best?

Sequences and the insights they provide. I can activate a sequence for multiple rounds of follow-up, still customize it, and look at data as time goes on to see where I can optimize my next sequence. This would take hours/days/weeks to do manually, but the MixMax dashboard shows me where I can improve.

What do you dislike?

That I cannot upload a large amount of people from the same company and 1 CSV, to have the platform triage the list out and send at different days/times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign-up for team sharing so you can cross-collaborate, and not have to reinvent the wheel every time you get to outreach. Compare stats to optimize your next rounds of outreach and refine sequences. The "button" feature is my fave - prompts a strong CTA and proved to help drive conversations lower funnel.

Productivity and efficiency. I used to send about 50-100 emails a week, and now I consistently send 250+. The insights have helped me craft different emails to test, and book more decision-maker meetings than ever before.

Mixmax review by Amy Cromwell D.
Amy Cromwell D.

"Efficiency Gained and Reduced Errors"

What do you like best?

I love the ability for email recipients to pick a meeting from my calendar easily and then the result being provided to everyone. I also love the template emails! Both of these features reduce errors and increase my efficiency.

What do you dislike?

There are times the contacts in Gmail and MixMax do not remain in sync and no matter how many times I edit it, the MixMax version will hold to the prior edits. The other thing I notice is when I open Gmail that sometimes I have to reload the page for MixMax to be engaged.

I am a consultant and my own admin assistant. This helps me with efficiency when working with multiple clients and contacts. I start from the sales process with a series of template emails, through travel and agenda emails, on to a mini-project to prepare for coaching, and then finally setting up a full series of coaching sessions.

Mixmax review by User

"Can't live without Mixmax!!"

What do you like best?

I love the templates section, which allows me to use customized email signatures for each of my customers and things I type out all the time. I love the reminders feature, which brings emails back to me so I don't let anything fall through the cracks. I love the Send Later feature because I can work after hours and no one knows (and takes advantage of it). I literally cannot live without Mixmax in my real estate business!

What do you dislike?

I do hear this is a Google problem but I dislike that some of my Send Laters don't actually send, they end up in my drafts box when they try to send and I have to go in and manually send each one again.

I can work in the middle of the night if needed and no one knows I'm preparing emails to go out during normal business hours. The reminder feature brings emails back to me so I don't let anything fall through the cracks.

Mixmax review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"Great for reminders"

What do you like best?

I love that Mixmax gives you the option to set reminders about certain emails. I use it to remind myself to follow-up after replying to an email (in case they don't respond). I also like that Mixmax shows you when somebody has opened the message. I also use this to gauge when I should send a follow up email. Mixmax's analytics tool is also useful for figuring out the best type and time to send emails.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was easier to use the tools within an email. It would be nice if there was a way to view your templates and add templates on the same page, rather than having to do it through a link that opens up on another page. I also wish that links didn't automatically turn into previews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a few message templates beforehand and label them well! The "remind me" feature is also great for unclogging your inbox without needing to worry about forgetting about a message you need to respond to.

I manage our influencer community, and a big part of that involves outreach, keeping up, and following up with different people. With Mixmax, I can manage all of our community members and collaborators in a timely and more organized manner. I can set templates for the different types of outreach I need to do on a daily basis. Mass outreach has become way easier with Mixmax.

Mixmax review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Great tool that speeds up my day to day work"

What do you like best?

Mixmax is an outstanding tool that has truly impacted what I do on a day to day basis. My favorite part of this tool is the ability to insert the yes/no, multi-choice, etc. questions into emails. This saves so much time going back and forth with clients when a simple answer is all that is needed. Additionally, the ability to do group meeting dates and insert availability into the body of the email is also a key feature.

What do you dislike?

It isn't really a dislike, but it is an improvement that I have been able to communicate to Mixmax. I would love to see them integrate different types of questions into the form fields presented as part of the calendar events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an outstanding tool that increases efficiencies across our team. It provides our client's a great user experience and provides easy-access to our team.

We are able to shorten the amount of back and forth we have with clients with the abilities that Mixmax allows. Additionally, we have the ability to record the client's answers to questions, which satisfies the needs of our legal team before my PM team can act on the client's behalf.

Mixmax review by Mya S.
Mya S.

"Combines Boomerang with Scheduling with Templates with wow"

What do you like best?

I'm stoked that it's very fully featured. Anything that helps me keep within my Gmail instead of switching between apps and windows really helps make my day more streamlined and thus efficient.

What do you dislike?

I only dislike the couple of things that I wish it would additionally do. For me these are, an improvement to the group scheduling where you can set the choices via your calendar directly, like you can with 1:1 scheduling, not by switching to your calendar window and picking times to input as poll questions.

The other thing I wish it would do is project management. I had been playing around with Sort'd as a gmail based project management system, and didn't find it quite went far enough but I feel like MixMax could really nail something like that. So many of our tasks originate and are definitely followed up on via email, it would be huge. The reminders function goes a long way to this, but it could be more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously, it's great.

Having no one to help with my schedule, that is a big one it helps with. And the reminder function is something I have relied on for years with Boomerang, so it's great to get that along with other great features at less than half the price for just Boomerang.

Mixmax review by Aaron M.
Aaron M.

"Easy to stand up, deep functionality "

What do you like best?

It's just easy to get stuff done from gmail. There are also a lot of small details and nuances they have paid attention to that other Engagement tools have not. The Rules are also incredibly powerful, and are a dream for a sales ops person and the reps themselves.

What do you dislike?

Still some stuff that needs to be worked out to serve larger teams, but Mixmax is almost there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the Rules. It's better than what you can get in Salesloft or Outreach.

Leverage, (www.getleverage.com), is an outsourcing marketplace for high value tasks. We use Mixmax to run structured email sequences for customers, following up with prospects, and scheduling.

Mixmax review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"Mixmax makes syncing gmail with Salesforce Easy!"

What do you like best?

Mixmax's calendar sync feature is fantastic and helps bridge the gap between salesforce events and gcal events.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of Mixmax's product segmentation. The most eggregious being that centralized administration features are gated behind their enterprise tier product. An expensive requirement for an SMB. However, Mixmax does allow you to purchase individual product features a-la-carte which helps alleviate this issue. I just wish could select a product that was right for a growing SMB from the start.

Mixmax has allowed us to better sync gmail and gcal with SFDC as well as leverage templates, sequences, and automations to better reach our customers.

Mixmax review by Rustin R.
Rustin R.

"Email's secret weapon"

What do you like best?

Mixmax is the F22 Raptor of email communications - almost a generation ahead of its competition (even Gmail itself) with a breadth of features and polish that makes this Gmail add-on a true marketing weapon. Want situational awareness? Mixmax delivers with realtime & historical tracking and notifications for emails sent. Need stand-off attack capability? Mixmax has email sequencing autonomously fulfilling your sales mission based on rules, as you productively engage other targets. Networked warfare? Yup. Mixmax, allows teams to optionally share email templates or tracking info. Cockpit ergonomics? Mixmax's user interface is clean and easy to learn. Mixmax has baked-in embedding capabilities that make your emails interactive for users and high value. Its weapons platform includes a very slick calendar availability UI that wow's my customers every time I use it. Mixmax's survivability is also outstanding, with a rich API allowing you to link Mixmax to your CRM's or other marketing platforms or custom software. Mixmax fixes many of Gmails shortcomings. Its performance and support are excellent and there's every indication the Mixmax team is continuing its R&D and innovation to maintain its edge as its competition races to catch up.

What do you dislike?

Mixmax's capabilities don't come cheap, but I freely admit they're worth the price Mixmax charges. I'd like to greater control for deleting one's data, and enabling/disabling a given account. I'd also like to see Mixmax offer business users discounted pricing for their personal inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

If there is a bottom-line in business its that time is a precious and irreplaceable resource. Mixmax is one tool that amplifies you, enhances your outreach, and gives you time you are losing to Gmail's standard interface and Outlook's archaic application paradigm.

Mixmax review by Alejandra T.
Alejandra T.

"Mixmax revolutionized my email management"

What do you like best?

The "send later" and "email reminder" features from Mixmax have been helpful in a tremendous way. It helps me to send replies in a timely fashion, ensures that none of my email conversations slip through the cracks, and allows me to plan work ahead of time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that answers from polls embedded in emails are returned as email replies and not as graphs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use for email management, but it is way a product more geared towards sales email campaign product.

Better communications between departments. Both my manager and myself are better at keeping up to date with our email communications.

Mixmax review by Vincent T.
Vincent T.

"I been wanting something like this, forever. But if you keep deleting my drafts, Im going to drop it"

What do you like best?

Has its' own Calendly-like functionality built in! Can not only view if someone opened a multi-recipient email but tell WHO it was, no more "Someone opened" (I'm looking at you Hubspot). The schedule emails feature is the most robust out of a bunch of tools I tried in the past.

This tool was originally referred to me as a great template/canned response maker but it really is the other features that stuck out to me most.

SO MANY GOOD FEATURES!

FAVORITE PRO: It makes Gmail-Interface much smoother feeling and faster-seeming.

What do you dislike?

The tool is deleting drafts from my drafts folder, everything between the "dear name" and signature is getting deleted. I've lost pages of drafts and hours of work from it.

Some features feel a bit "bloat-y" - Yarn?! What the, is that?A little too ahead of the curve on that one.

The Chrome App icon, should not create a new message, it should work like Hubspot's Sales does, showing the latest opens, by who, where, and device.

UNFAVORITE CON: To completely eliminate the rest of their branding "Not using mixmatch yet?" from some of their neat tools, you have to get their highest-paid plan for $65/month. That is absolutely ridiculous. I thought I was being generous paying $29 a month for this tool because I fell in love with it, "where has this been all my life?" I Tweeted. But really you should at least take out the rest of the branding at that price point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait till they fix this draft issue.

Many other individual programs features for gmail all in one suite. (Think Calendly meets an amazing Editor, Meets Pipeline Templates, Meets Hubspot Sales/Sidekick)

Mixmax review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"Easy to use and gives you insight into if your're reaching your target audience. "

What do you like best?

The notifications when someone has opened your email, clicked on a document, or downloaded a document. I also utilize the templates with my team.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I wish the templates were more customizable which would allow us to give more complete answers and documentation on the various questions our clients ask us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all the features! Use templates and share them with teams to create standardized answers to common questions.

We know without a doubt when someone has read an email, which allows us to follow up with a phone call. This speeds up our implementation process of our software that we sell.

Mixmax review by Matt J.
Matt J.

"Very strong UI and Functionality"

What do you like best?

It is super easy to embed my availability to my emails. It has a great UI to make it easy for my clients. The emails and tracking are top notch. I love being able to see how many times, when, and how they viewed my emails.

What do you dislike?

The sequence setup is a little tough to get started. It also has some bugs when people are scheduling with my calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go with the White-labeled version of Mixmax. It shows very beautifully within your emails and calendar setup.

It is allowing me to automate emails, saving me loads of time. It is also making it easy for my clients to find a time with me.

Mixmax review by Lysandra B.
Lysandra B.

"Why not"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see when a client is opening my emails. From a legal standpoint, I can see and prove they opened it more than once when they say they didn't receive it. From a sales point of view, I can see if the emails I am sending are reaching their targets or even if the email they gave is valid.

What do you dislike?

For a small business of one person, all the bills add up. But I totally understand that they need to make money too and that it may not be made for the individual in mind but for large companies instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If email is one of your primary ways for engaging with new clients or protecting yourself from liability with existing clients, Mixmax is for you!

I am able to solve communication issues very quickly.

Mixmax review by Gracie C.
Gracie C.

"Can't function without them!"

What do you like best?

So many things to choose from but the templates are no doubt my favorite!

What do you dislike?

The new google bitmoji icon is not available with this, however, I have the chrome extension so I have a workaround. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait they offer a free trial!

I am a Recruiter so being able to keep an introduction template easily accessible to respond to a candidate and then pop in my available times for them to schedule on my calendar is a twofer. I probably have close to 25 templates saved. They never expire, you can edit, delete, and they can house attachments.

Mixmax review by Ignasi P.
Ignasi P.

"Best Gmail management tool"

What do you like best?

The possibility to include another team members and make email more collaborative. Bunch of extra options to enhance your emails messages such as GIF insertions, math equations, polls or get a PDF preview of all the documents you upload. Automation rules for a better task management with very good level of detail about logical rules to automatiza your tasks. Tracking activity for clicks, opens or downloads. is also a very valuable good feature for the most of people who have an intesive use of emaling or use it as a sales or porspection purposes.

What do you dislike?

Interface and UX should be improved and offer a better tasting of premium options. templates need to improve in terms of design and quantity

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best email management tools for small teams and low budgets. You have the change to upgrade for free and benefit of all the premium features for a limited time. Then it is 30$ each month

I can track my emailing activity and collaborate with my colleagues

Mixmax review by Tal T.
Tal T.

"I can't live without MixMax and you won't be either. give it a go!"

What do you dislike?

I was able to get better Templates, GDPR updates, email tracking is more on point, layout is cleaner. the sequences are great, send later option as well

Mixmax review by User in Computer Software

"Great product! Just wish they tied in with Google Inbox better"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to set reminders for myself if prospects don't respond to an email. I can either set it to remind me regardless, or only if they don't reply. I am increasingly starting to use the Calendar feature more -- there is still much to explore with Mixmax. Thus far, I really enjoy it and it helps a lot in my sales process.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that it does not tie in very well with Google Inbox. If someone opens an email and I click the notification in the top right of the screen, it does not take me to that specific thread. Also, I find the Live Feed to be quite clunky. I wish I could see within Inbox whether or not I had set a follow-up for a prospect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you use Inbox, you might find it to be a bit feature-limited. But, if you use Gmail, you should be good to go.

Reminding me to follow-up with prospects; write emails now and send later; schedule meetings and sync with Google Calendar.

Mixmax review by User

"I love MixMax! Once you use it you won’t change to another platform"

What do you like best?

I love the email tracking widget that lives in the email. I love that you can send specific times to client rather than your calendar link, and they don't have to leave the email to schedule. it's super helpful and beneficial in general with the various options with a large scale of options and settings

What do you dislike?

To be honest not too many at all. I haven't run into much. There have been a couple of bugs but those were cleaned up pretty quickly. Nothing other than that. so with that said, JUMP ON IT!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I won't be thinking twice Mixmax is helping to increase my business touches by using sequencing.

Solved email tracking, better workflow, and engagement. templates are really. good, helped personalization and higher open rates and clicks

Mixmax review by Chris R.
Chris R.

"Mixmax Does It All! "

What do you like best?

I set out to find a reliable email tracking system for work and I walked with a powerful tool that helps me automate tasks and get things done faster. I have been extremely impressed with the value!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Absolutely nothing. I have been happy as a user for the past two years.

I have been able to stay on top of emails, attach larger graphics and even track engagement with the tools available in Mixmax. Having canned responses and contact lists in the same place has really streamlined my communications.

Mixmax review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Personalized Emails for Contact Lists"

What do you like best?

Mixmax has been extremely useful for our team as we have marketed our membership. We are able to send out campaigns with follow up sequences that look like they come directly from our personal inboxes. This creates a personalization not found in newsletters or other ad campaigns. We also love the templates, which allow us to save stock responses to common questions for quick follow up.

What do you dislike?

You must manually remove people from sequences if replying to your email is not your end goal. If you want them to click a link or complete a form, you need to manually follow up and move them list to list. If you are not careful, you can end up sending follow up reminders that are redundant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for businesses sending emails at scale while trying to keep a personal touch

- Personalized email campaigns

- Automatic follow up to

- Quick, personalized responses to questions

- Templates for outreach and follow up

Mixmax review by Elsa R.
Elsa R.

"Makes email a faster and cleaner experience"

What do you like best?

being able to create email templates, email lists, and schedule meetings within email.

What do you dislike?

have had issues with cookies forcing me to reload the page or clear cookies repeatedly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find yourself needing to send the a lot of the same emails the template feature is a lifesaver. I have to contact volunteers and send requests frequently and being able to select a template saves me a lot of time.

Ensuring I respond to emails by snoozing and scheduling alarms to remind me to respond or prompt a response.

Mixmax review by Armend A.
Armend A.

"It's great for a personal use"

What do you like best?

The tracking and easy to schedule meetings

What do you dislike?

When someone accepts a meeting, they are multiple emails sent out to me and the other person. I think each of us is getting the mixmax notification, the google calendar invites and the confirmation of google calendar. That's too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for professional use of email.

Saving time to schedule meetings and understanding if people saw my email. This helps me a lot to know if I should send a reminder, optimize the subjects of my emails or the content.

Mixmax review by User

"Useful Tools for Email that I didn't Even Know Existed"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see if, when, and how many times my clients opened my emails. It really helps me to formulate the most effective follow-up for every situation. And the Poll and Calendar functions embedded in the email messages are super useful too. They eliminate A LOT of useless back-and-forth communication.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how pushy the marketing is to buy the upgraded version. My employer will not pay for it, so I must use the free version. Even though the marketing does bother me, I understand it since I am a business person myself.

Useless repetitive email communication has been avoided. And I have realized the benefit of knowing how many time a customer opens my messages. This is super cool and helpful !

Mixmax review by Frayda L.
Frayda L.

"Fundamental Features that Allow me to be organized and work efficiently"

What do you like best?

I have 3 "Bests" I love being able to snooze email and add a note why I snoozed it; I love seeing each time someone opens my email; I love being able to schedule when an email I wrote is sent.

What do you dislike?

I can only send to 100 people with any one email -- although I imagine an upgrade will allow me to sent to more people. It is difficult to search the live feed and find an email I sent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, they take customer support very seriously

I work on my own time. I can have email pop back up when I am ready to deal with them. I can write email during weekends -- and send them during the week so I don't bother people on weekends.

Mixmax review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"The Modern Day Tracking Email Package"

What do you like best?

Mixmax was a colleague's recommendation and I like it so much for my work email that I purchased it for my personal email shortly thereafter.

The remind me feature is really great because you can pick any date and time for the app to remind you of the email. And, you can even put a note in the reminder so you don't get confused what you're supposed to do when you get the reminder. This is huge for me because in my role I do a lot of outreach and need to follow up with contacts, and this is a great reminder feature located within Gmail.

What do you dislike?

I wish tracking link clicks was offered at the lower plan but I get it, they're a software company trying to get upgrades from customers. Recently, the lightning bolt in Gmail stopped showing and tracking the engagement of my emails but I reached out to their support team and they resolved the issue within a few days. They even responded after their help center hours stated so that was nice to see too.

I wish email opens were able to be tracked when sending to multiple people in the same email, too (for the lower plan).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is another provider that is superior to Mixmax, I'm unaware of it. Try it now, you'll be glad you did.

The ability to see when a contact opens my email is great so I don't have to guess anymore whether or not it was seen.

Mixmax review by Gilles D.
Gilles D.

"Turbocharge your Gmail"

What do you like best?

I like that it sends emails from the Gmail. This makes it very suitable for personal emails, as they won’t end up in the ‘Promotions’ tab of your recipient’s Gmail account. It also gives you a lot of power in setting up email sequences; it allows you for example to break off a sequence when a recipient has responded to your first email. Other than that, it’s filled with cool features to spice up emails: slash commands, email templates, email and click tracking, embedded surveys/polls and an awesome meeting scheduler.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes appears to be a tad glitchy. Had my inbox freezing sometimes for example. My computer is on the old side, but Mixmax running was definitely also a factor. Their customer support is great though and I'm pretty sure they're headed in the right direction. Always happy to work with people with the right mindset looking to build a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the better stuff for being more effective in your cold emailing efforts.

We use it for personal email sequences to give our users a more personal experience as well as for cold emailing. The response rate is remarkably higher then when using MailChimp for the same purposes.

Mixmax review by Letty E.
Letty E.

"Love Mixmax for the gmail plugin!!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use of all of the features (especially the calendar feature) in the gmail suite. Also love to see the live stream/opens as well as being able to manipulate SF.com right from gmail. Being able to set a reminder from the time an email is sent is a game changer.

What do you dislike?

Platform is still buggy but they work with me to fix when they can.

Calendaring is so much easier, emails look so much cleaner, live feed lets me know how involved my prospects are, reminders keep me on track.

Mixmax review by User in Computer Software

"Mixmax is a really easy way for me to send campaigned emails"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to integrate Mixmax with my Gmail. I also really like how I can create sequences in Mixmax that I can share with my team. Mixmax saves me time in my everyday workflow

What do you dislike?

One of the things I dislike about Mixmax is that you can't search for a certain person to take them out of a sequence of emails. You have to manually go through each person you emailed to find the right one to take them out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are need of a tool to help you organize your email sequences, and does the work for you in sending out follow-ups, then I would try out Mixmax! Mixmax is really easy to use, and easy to create templates.

I am saving a ton of time in my workflow with using Mixmax email sequences. I also can see who has viewed my email, how many times, and when. This has led to a lot more of an understanding of my prospects.

Mixmax review by Matt F.
Matt F.

"Great email tracking solution"

What do you like best?

They have great customer service and the plugin is really easy to use. It's pretty robust so you will have to spend some time learning to use the advanced features but that have videos that help

What do you dislike?

Only a few little subtleties. Every once in awhile it gets buggy but I have lots of chrome extensions running and I think the javascript interferes with each other more.

I also really like that when you send an email to multiple recipients that you can see which individual opened it instead of just someone. Really helpful to see who has opened it.

Booking meetings. I've found sending your cal availability with one-click booking has helped me book meetings easier and faster

Mixmax review by Chad B.
Chad B.

"Reduces friction in workflow"

What do you like best?

Auto insertion of meeting templates in to email. Also really liked the automation of timing for the mixmcx users. It let's you know the optimal time to send and email and will auto deliver at that time. Really liked the follow up tools.

What do you dislike?

Lack of O365 integration. Started new job now left high and dry. Does not work in Safari.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you starting from scratch standardize on Gsuite and Chrome.

Scheduling.

Email tracking.

Mass emailing.

Timing of emails.

Basic marketing automation.

Mixmax review by Arthur L.
Arthur L.

"Intuitive, easy software to use that has dramatically increased team productivity"

What do you like best?

Mixmax is insanely easy to use - once you download the software, it's plug-and-play from there. Emails look incredible when being sent from Mixmax, with link previews and easy calendar sharing. The drip campaigns via sequences and templates have been a game changer for our team. Tracking is a great feature as well.

Team also loves that MixMax will send emails to the recipient when they're most likely to open them based on past behavior. Very cool feature.

What do you dislike?

When creating a drip campaign, there are occasional bugs where your data may not save and you need to re-upload a list. Aside from that, not issues!

Being able to send more quality emails, at the right time, and spending less time copy/pasting has been huge. The rules-engine and personalization aspect is well thought out.

Learn more about Mixmax

Mixmax Videos

Learning about Mixmax?

* We monitor all Mixmax reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.