Mixpanel

Mixpanel helps businesses deeply understand user behavior and drive intelligent action with the leading user analytics solution.

Work for Mixpanel?

Learning about Mixpanel?

Mixpanel Reviews

Ask Mixpanel a Question
Showing 228 Mixpanel reviews
Mixpanel review by Nick D.
Nick D.

"Great insights, easy to create complex analysis, easy to integrate"

What do you like best?

Interface is overall very easy to use and get started with. It does a very good job of supporting some advanced analysis without making the interface overly complex. Cohort analysis is very good.

Very easy to integrate with.

What do you dislike?

Ability to trigger messages is useful for some use cases but it is somewhat limited. This is not a big problem if it is primarily used for analysis, which is the key strength.

Anomaly detection looks promising but it is still very limited. It would be great to have some configurability around this and in particular it would be extremely useful to generate alerts to external systems.

It is sometimes difficult to navigate and find things.

User login roles and permissions were very limited until very recently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend primarily considering it for analysis and optimization, and not relying too much on some of the secondary features.

Primarily used for mobile app analytics and funnel optimization. It has been a great tool to understand user behavior for new features and to monitor when behaviors deviate from expected patterns.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mixpanel
Mixpanel review by Chushul S.
Chushul S.

"Mixpanel is good but expensive"

What do you like best?

Fast UI, Easy ability to create Funnels, Retention etc. I would recommend it to everybody.

What do you dislike?

The pricing, also the UI hangs sometimes. Similarly the data is consistent, API is bad ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Commit to a Data Driven Solution

User Journey, App Analytics etc ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . . ,. ..... . . . . . . . . . . .

What Digital Analytics solution do you use?

Mixpanel review by Sydney E.
Sydney E.

"Decent Product, Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I love using Mixpanel, I use it to send notifications to our app users on a weekly basis. Mixpanel makes it really easy to segment and target different groups which I really appreciate because it makes my job a whole lot easier. Their customer service has been what I'm most impressed with. If the representative doesn't know the answer they will put in the work to make sure that you get the answer you're looking for, or submit a request to improve their product for you.

What do you dislike?

One thing I really wish is that Mixpanel would create a feature where you could target users within a specific amount of hours, rather than days. We send our users notifications based on their activity specific to that week and their goals. However, by setting 1 day ago or 2 day ago or x days ago notifications to go out at 9AM, it will only pull from 2 days ago starting at 9AM, but peoples activity counts starting at 12AM so the ways it's st, just doesn't hit all of our users or give us the accuracy we need to target our users this way. Anyways, despite this issue, we've enjoyed mixpanel and they've been so good with us over support working through this with us and submitting requests to their team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love mixpanel, just realize that it does have its limitations like any product. If you're confused about anything- which is highly possible if you're not a programmer or something (I am not and have had to ask for help from our team getting things connected), but Mixpanel support is also a great resource and they will take the time and energy to get you to a spot where you feel comfortable using their product.

Solving the issue of targeting and reminding our users to workout through the week. It allows us to personalize our notifications to their specific activity, or specific groups and challenges they're in within our app- which has been revolutionary.

Mixpanel review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"System is advanced"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface, it's pleasant.

I like the constant updates and willingness to improve.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty to validate the accuracy of mixpanel. I suspect that some events are missed but it's very difficult to debug. Also, some users don't have all the proper parameters and I couldn't figure out why.

Lack of proper action items - I usually don't feel I know what to do with all the data.

Some metrics or tools in mixpanel are hard to understand, so I don't use most of them. For example, it is very difficult to understand for me the retention tab. Not sure what kind of retention is actually being measured.

Mobile app is very limited - missing the explore function for example

Difficulty to set up marketing channel attribution

I am trying to measure appropriately our KPI's and keep track of our users.

I managed to keep track of simple metrics around traction but couldn't wrap my head around more deeper insights and metrics

Mixpanel review by Omer S.
Omer S.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

easy to use, easy to implement, CS is very professional

What do you dislike?

1. some standard feature that im use to use in analytic tools densest exist in mixpanel for example - frequency use use

2. people events vs usage event - for example i cannot send message to customers that did more than 10 searches in the past week

3. cohort distribution - i cannot ask a simple question such as what is the age distribution of my customers and cross it with usage

4. CS - email -> chat

5. sending email messages - doesnt work well

Recommendations to others considering the product

integrate the people events with usage event to enable a better analysis for example i cannot send message to customers that did more than 10 searches in the past week

4. CS - move to chat rather emails

5. sending email messages feature - doesnt work well, customers doest getting emails

analyzing cusotmer usage

comunicate with them via in app, push, email

making bussins decition

affect our roadmap

Mixpanel review by Reza D.
Reza D.

"Mixpanel is great when you are a pro at using it"

What do you like best?

funnel reports, live view, and access to support team via chat

What do you dislike?

for the most part, support is able to assist with questions. Sometimes however I wish there was more attention put on resolving specific issues and better follow-up. recently we have faced an issue where it looks like people profiles are either not being created or are disappearing. We have not had luck with this issue and I've inquired a few times for a follow-up or escalation. Recently my CTO reached out with a question and simply received a 'sorry we couldn't help'. Would love to know what else can be done to help in this case.

Sometimes we get null datasets for customers and this is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there is some critical knowledge we wish was emphasized earlier in the process as a warning. Whenever backfilling customer data, the geography of the customer in the people profile will update to the location of our servers. We did a bulk update for all customers to use a different field for email address, and it updated all of our profiles to look like they came from Ashford Virginia, which is where our servers are located. This was a costly mistake and permanent; there was no way that we know of to recover the geo and reverse this change. Later we learned that this happens unless the user takes special precautions. I believe this mixpanel should proactively avoid this unintended consequence of backfilling data, rather than making users take extra steps to prevent it. At the very least, provide ample warnings.

we are understanding where drop-off occur, and able to prioritize where we need to invest resources to solve particular stages of friction in our funnel. This has helped us to devise experiments and measure the net effects and improve conversion rates across our onboarding process.

Mixpanel review by Travisse H.
Travisse H.

"Solid usage tracking tool "

What do you like best?

Flexible, pre-built reports. The organization quickly becomes addicted to the insight.

Also, as long as you're pumping a lot of data and know the reports you can answer just about any question very quickly.

What do you dislike?

Takes a while to learn how to use but they're getting better at this. Not sure if this is a super solvable problem for a reports based product. Also, I wish they made it an easier or more forceful part of the implementation process to define things properly for DAU, MAU, etc.

Also a little pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid tool. I've heard Amplitude is cheaper but Mixpanel has been great to work with and has continually made solid improvements to the product.

Help me know what features are being used. Help me know my DAU's and MAU's. Help me find my magic metrics to increase retention or conversion. Help me message to customers based on usage criteria (they're still weak here).

Mixpanel review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Helps me to find gaps in my business"

What do you like best?

What I like most is to compare the data that mixpannel shows me from our basis and the macro analyses from the market. I can filter from region, profession, gender, age, etc. It allows me to make decisions based on this.

What do you dislike?

To be honest until now I have nothing to complain. Sometimes I don't know how to get into filters that my questions requires, but It is just matter of time to get a solution. The channel at youtube really helps to learn how to use it and what kind of different solutions you have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I could find some gaps between our basis and the market. I could decide what kind of strategy to reach the customers that I really should based on this analyses. The benefits was a right direction to supply our gap.

Mixpanel review by Hemant M.
Hemant M.

"Tool to know and track peoples behavior on our website"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel helps us to know our website visitors and this information is useful for us to improve our website as per visitors behavior.

It is little similar to google analytics but in mixpanel we can customize our tracking events based on our own requirement.

Mixpanel has almost all features and algorithms which are needed for analytics and visitor tracing needs for websites.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far but we can expect a good improvement in prospect of tool enhancement. Also remember, its little expensive not free like google analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, in case want to understand your web-visitors in good way. But before going remember its not free software.

We use mixpanel to capture our visitors activities on our website and based on that activities we modify or add features to we website so we can know that what visitors/customers like the most on our website.

Its better then google analytics in customization point of views.

Mixpanel review by Vinit K.
Vinit K.

"Does not find as much secure to store the real-time information of users"

What do you like best?

Extremely helpful for Tracking and Storage of real-time data for my web application. Secondly having easy steps for implementation in web applications and have a mix panel library in asp.net also

What do you dislike?

Doesn; 't have the data export API for Asp.Net or in using javascript. I am working on a web application in Asp.net and having trouble in the exportation of data from mix panel I have done this through php data export API that makes the performance bit slow and also there no information provided to secure the API token that we use to create a connection between mix panel and web application

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will surely recommend if they work on the security

Extremely helpful in Tracking activities and storing the information of users in my web application

Mixpanel review by Agata J.
Agata J.

"My expirience with Mixpanel"

What do you like best?

The platform allows to track all activity that is happening on our website. It is especially helpful for funnel tracking as I can see on what stage of their the sign up process the particular group of users are and adjust our user acquisition strategy. A/B testing is also good, I'd say it's even better than in Google Analitycs.

What do you dislike?

Mixpanel is a great tool, but it still has some cons. Reports are very quick to get, but they are not visual enough and sometimes there are some missing or incorrect data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mixpanel is a pretty powerful tool, but it is better to use as an addition to Google Analytics, as GA has more accurate data and clear reports.

Website analytics, A/B testing, users behavior tracking, improving sales funnel, getting insights on how to improve our website and landing pages.

Mixpanel review by Rich W.
Rich W.

"Excellent experience for early stage companies, grown out of it due to lack of flexibility"

What do you like best?

The api libraries are fantastic, very easy to implement and get up and running. Funnels are a great way to view conversion rates through steppers / pages. Docs are very good. Easy for non technical members of the team to use and start creating their own charts. Easy to navigate and excellent ux. Collects a lot of user data by default and ip and location is very useful.

What do you dislike?

Lack of flexibility in terms of bringing in other datasources which has forced us to move towards a total data warehouse solution. Ad blocker removes ~5 % of client side events which means you have to be clever comparing server side to client side. No original react native libraries, although plenty of external wrappers available. Could be more accurate collecting initial referrer, also could be better ways to explore your user base. New common journey tracking features would be a great addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use mixpanel at the beginning as it is super easy and quick, but long term it gets very expensive and you will switch to a more complete data warehouse. We've started to move to a redshift data base with mode on top, which is less usable by non technical team members but allows you to pool all of your data sources into one place.

Front end and server side event based tracking. Use node.js and javascript libraries as well as react native wrappers for the native ios and android libraries

Mixpanel review by Pascal B.
Pascal B.

"Flexible event-based analytics"

What do you like best?

Tracking the events that matter to our product, loaded with all the meta-data we can think of to allow for in-depth and insightful analysis of users interactions with our platform.

What do you dislike?

As a startup, our product changes quickly and the metrics and properties we want to track with it. The tracking framework (naming, convention, properties) sometimes becomes obsolete and we need to change it, but then, it makes backward analysis very complicated. It would be great to have a solution in Mixpanel to ensure the transition and compatibility when changing the way we track events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool! Make sure you really have a well-thought plan about what you will need to track in the future and respect a clear naming convention for your events and properties from the start.

We're a data-driven and product-focused team, and Mixpanel helps us better understand how our users interact with our service. It's essential for us to be able to improve on our current service constantly.

Mixpanel review by Andrés Francisco B.
Andrés Francisco B.

"Excellent, any analytic question can be answered with mixpanel"

What do you like best?

In Mixpanel, I am able to have in detail information about user profiles, so I can not only track but even react to certain user actions. Implementation is very easy, no matter if it is backend or frontend, the documentation is comprehensive.

Funnel creation is another great feature we use to improve user flow throughout the app.

What do you dislike?

There is not an easy option to delete user profiles. There is not an easy way to clean events history so you might end up messing up a project, so it is recommended that you have a tracking plan before passing to the production project.

Frontend implementation has certain disadvantages when identifying users, we are focused on B2B, so when two users use the same device you might experience troubles with profile information, which might end up being mixed for two users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Document your tracking plan to have a clear implementation

Monitoring user actions to automate follow up to users. Mixpanel let us track in detail user progress in the app, so we can automate triggers upon user behavior without making internal software development, a tracking solution ready to use.

Mixpanel review by User in Internet

"Mixpanel is the best analytics product on the market"

What do you like best?

I've tried several other products in this space and mixpanel is one of the best. While the UI is kind of stale, it ends up being one of the easiest to use and most valuable tools in our workflow. Internally, everyone from product managers to engineers can quickly glance at data and get an intuitive understanding of how a feature is doing.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more work on the UI. It feels like it's kind of stale and even though there have been some recent updates, I think they could do a lot more to simplify it and makes it clear whats going on. Also segmenting by users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate all the other competitors based on their ability to segment on users. Mixpanel has had issues with this over the years and in the mobile space I'd say this is one of the best features available. Based on your product, this may be a deal breaker for you or your team.

We are a consumer app product. Mixpanel provides us direct insight into what our users are doing and allows us to watch them move through several funnels for features. It also helps us decide on what's working feature-wise in our product.

Mixpanel review by Gabor D.
Gabor D.

"Powerful"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel is very simple to use and gets me the data I want quickly and in a fairly easy to analyze format. This specific allows me to perform information for meetings and also to determine ROI on various marketing activities. Also the built in functionality is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Customer service could be a little better. It will be great in order to have a live conversation or phone number instead you need to send good email and wait for reply. However, responses are often quite quick. I'd also really like to be able to get some statistics a lot more easily - recently was trying to notice the most common device accessing our app that was hard. Furthermore spending some time of least weighty use on a day time| or week was difficult and that might be due to the way we report our events, but this seems like that should become easier to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The longer you spend thinking regarding what information you would like and how you would like to view it, the much better your setup is going to be. Right after getting the right set up, the tool became a lot more useful.

Tracking user usage of features. We use MixPanel data to determine what needs to me updated, what buttons should be moved, etc...

Mixpanel review by Jourdan B.
Jourdan B.

"Insightful but difficult to maintain reliably"

What do you like best?

The ability to get quick snapshots of the current state things are in. It is easy to create dashboards that reference the information that is important to me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it can be to uncover problem in the data. Sometime an even is implemented incorrectly or data is exported differently than I expected. It can be difficult to 1)identify that the data is inaccurate or not what I thought and 2) find a way to resolve it

We are primarily using Mixpanel to assess usability. We often reference the data when we are making US decisions and decided how to prioritize out work.

Mixpanel review by Petr B.
Petr B.

"All-in-one analytics tool"

What do you like best?

- Works across web, mobile, and other platforms

- Easy to set up events and funnels

- People profiles with the ability to directly email them or send a push notification to a target user or group

What do you dislike?

- Steep pricing for the people module if you are a B2C company. A lot of people who sign up will never use the product so we need to periodically clean them up.

- At the same time, no grouping of B2B users under one customer organization umbrella (tbh, I haven't seen any analytics tool that does that).

- Analyzing funnels

- Analyzing user behavior

Mixpanel review by Silvia Micol P.
Silvia Micol P.

"Super useful with the best customer service ever"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel is very useful because it allows to have real time insights about our customers, it is very easy to send push notification with it and for our IT team to install our events on the tool. Moreover the customer service is very efficient, they always answered rapidly to any of my doubts and the helped me to overcome every issue with their platform.

What do you dislike?

It is not a very user-friendly platform to use, it needs some times before I learnt to use it well. There are still some things which are very difficult for me, as using JQL to write queries (I'm a marketer, not an engineer).

There are some properties we cannot use as we would like to, for example the birthday property, we cannot select a day on the calendar, moreover the insights we receive are not as precise as they are on our own platform.

We managed to schedule push notification, while before we couldn't do that, moreover we managed to have some real time insights about our customer and to better segment them.

Mixpanel review by Nikola J.
Nikola J.

"The advanced analytics platform you need...for sales."

What do you like best?

Of course, the best thing about Mixpanel is the amount of data you can collect about your users or clients and all the different ways you can look at it.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most when it comes to Mixpanel is the interface and the way the statistics and data is shown. For me, it's not graphical and friendly enough, but I do believe that this is the preferred way for many who are into numbers and data crunching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As always, you should be as clear as possible as to what your needs and goals are. In case you want better sales analytics and sales funnel tracking, then Mixpanel is probably the right choice. For product and app user activity analysis, though, there might be better options out there.

With Mixpanel you get a better insight into the performance of either your sales funnel or your app. We use it to analyze and track user behaviour, activity and retention, although it is probably even more suited for sales.

Mixpanel review by User in Computer Software

"Easy Data Viz and Analysis for User Actions"

What do you like best?

As a product manager, I really love having Mixpanel as a complementary tool to Google Analytics. It allows me to further evaluate and more easily setup flows to track against and understand to inform decisions. Once you have Mixpanel setup on your site it's really easy as a non-development to have anyone go in and walk through the tutorial to setup *any* flow to track KPIs on which makes adoption easy and data accessible.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the basic items I listed, such as the easy flow setup, is hidden. It would be great if there was an easy to use tutorial on the site for anyone to start at anytime or breeze through a quick doc on common use cases. Some of the best features of Mixpanel are hidden while others are just bloated and confusing. The UI alone could really use some UX improvements so a user can more quickly understand, right off the bat, the difference between utilizing Insights, Segmentation and building out actionable and beneficial Dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take their tutorial session which is ~1 month. Worth it to learn more.

Understanding user adoption on features and usage of current UI elements/workflows.

Mixpanel review by PJ H.
PJ H.

"Great analytics options to understand customer engagement."

What do you like best?

It's great that basically any aspect of our app can be tracked and analyzed quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

Some of the data is not intuitive or relevant. I also find the mobile app lacking and wish it had more of the features of the web version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put triggers everywhere in your code! I wish I had added more, we put in a lot but could still use even more information.

We needed to know how our app was being used for product development understanding. It has given us a great window into daily usage and which features are/aren't used.

Mixpanel review by Roy G.
Roy G.

"Mixpanel For Classified Sites"

What do you like best?

The easy way i can view my data in graphics, where i can choose between dates, filter by properties and adding logic conditions to them. Also the support the give to their customers is superb, very personalized and quick solutions/explanations. What i use the most is the segmentation space, so, i could do some really good analytics.

What do you dislike?

Actually, there is not such a thing i could name that i dislike from Mixpanel, just minor bugs that happened one time or another but that's it, i would also like to see more filtering options in a near future to get data more specifically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is magnific, quick, precise and right to the point, i really love it, and they also do a lot of workshops.

The main one is to segment campaigns to sent mail blasts.

Mixpanel review by User in Financial Services

"Powerful software but you're never sure if the data is actually accurate"

What do you like best?

-The UI is fairly intuitive and slick looking

-The support folks have been very friendly over email

-You feel like you're able to make decision, especially for funnel based analysis

What do you dislike?

-It is an expensive product

-Support is done over email, and doesn't always feel like you have your answers solved

-The accuracy of the data, whether or not it's due to the instrumentation often doesn't reflect what you think the data should be based on your db data

-Unless you are 100% certain it is set up properly, the data doesn't engender trust

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you're set up properly from the get-go. There are reams of support articles, and once you get started, you are stuck, and it's difficult to recalibrate your software. Additionally, you have to understand what your specific use cases are to ensure that it makes sense to use Mixpanel versus something in-house.

-Track usage of various features within our product

-Measure funnel performance during onboarding and other product flows

Mixpanel review by Akshay G.
Akshay G.

"Great Product for tracking"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Mixpanel to track and view the live traffic updates, reporting tools are also great. It helps me understand the problems my users are facing and helps me salving those problems.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now, everything looks great just one thing which sometimes gets me confused is that i sometimes don't get the data on mixpanel and sometimes it gets delayed due to which i'm unable to identify the live status of the user

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, if you want to understand your users.

Finding drops in my site and resolving those drop points so as to retain the users is my biggest problem in which mixpanel has helped me alot.It has provided me with the information about my users and the gains/losses while making any changes to my product.

Mixpanel review by George M.
George M.

"Very powerful; requires efficient initial setup"

What do you like best?

Handling a large amount of data with ease, keeping track with historical usage data.

Funnels of module usage have been very useful for free trial conversion of clients and the subsequent changes in our landing pages and UI.

The UI is clean and modern.

What do you dislike?

The product has a steep learning curve which makes it a bit daunting to use at first.

We have especially run into some problems using JQL due to the lack of documentation and examples.

The predict module is very useful but requires precision and the correct data set up to provide accurate predictions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be best if prior to dedicating your company to the platform you have a dedicated person that can utilize the advanced features available. This is not a "plug and play" platform that is intuitive to use; it requires devotion in order to set it up correctly, in terms of integration, correct events and actions recorder, etc.

Mixpanel is used by the customer success and customer support teams as well as the upper management of our SAAS company. The customer success team is utilizing to track the usage and engagement of the existing clients mainly using the Engagement part of the platform; specifically, they are making use of the Insight, segmentation and Retention features . The customer support team is mainly using the product to retrieve specific actions performed by users, in order to replicate bugs or pinpoint the root cause of issues, that is the People portion of the platform. Upper management is using to drive engagement of the product and make decisions on how to evolve it based on the current usage. We have mainly seen improvements in the design of our product's landing pages and the features available in Free trials, through the use of Funnels.

Mixpanel review by Yona L.
Yona L.

"I look at my mixpanel views 6 times a day!"

What do you like best?

I like the different views of per user, funnel and events. Being able to easily integrate and analyse the data is extremely helpful!

What do you dislike?

That you can't dig in between the different views. so if is see in a funnel that 30 ppl did event X, i want to be able to then go to when they did it to understand the flow better.

I want to be able to compare conversion of a funnel with and without a specific event. this is something that is really missing.

also. when I group together a few event to a custom event, i want to be able to then later filter by which of the event it was.

engagement with a feature

conversion of different landing pages

Mixpanel review by Jacqueline M.
Jacqueline M.

"Product has not grow over time as I would have hoped"

What do you like best?

Mixpanels people profiles are very helpful for letting you set KPI's based on what matters to you, more easily than some other super custom analytic options while still getting to deep dive around most things you need. It requires a fair amount of planning and forward thinking to utilize to its fulest, but pays off when implemented.

What do you dislike?

The ui has not improved much over time. I was an early adopter of their tech seeing the potential, and with the amount of funding they have taken in, I was hoping to see more growth with their actual product. It is not flexible or forgiving and has very little visuals to help analyze your data. Other platforms like heap that allow you to track actions and see how people flow through are getting a step ahead in visualization. They might benefit from an integration to help with this. They have gone the route of notifications instead, which would be awesome but the ability is very limiting in seeing on the user side who even opened, so it is really not a practical option. It was literally easier for us to build a custom integration directly from our database to our CRM to manage this work.

Tracking how our users engage with our platform, based on their specific roles and interests.

Mixpanel review by Jerome C.
Jerome C.

"Director of Product Management"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel is our go-to solution to track our web application usage. It enables us to track every interactions , adoption of features and help with product prioritization. I particularly like the "Insights Analysis", which is very powerful to investigate particular application usage.

What do you dislike?

The Dashboard is still very limited. I wish we could define better, more flexible dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mixpanel is pretty much the gold standard for webapplication usage tracking. Easy to implement, fairly flexible, and excellent support. I highly recommend them. If you need powerful dashboard though, you should then export the data and use another solution for dashboaring.

We're tracking usage patterns and measure new features adoption. We can see when customers don't use a particular feature and follow-up to improve it.

Mixpanel review by Consultant

"Most solid product analytics framework by far!"

What do you like best?

You do not need to be a rocket scientist to be a Mixpanel user! Within a couple of hours you will learn your way around the tool and very powerful data visualization features. Mixpanel is a no brainer when doing responsible product strategy, design, and development.

What do you dislike?

There should be a better workflow for the development and testing phases of a product. Yes, sending the data to a completely different project is one way, but then when you start changing things and tweaking your data tracking plan, that project gets full of junk and is not always convenient.

Regularly tying all the data tracking plan with business objectives. All decision processes change when we are backing up each decision with solid data.

Mixpanel review by User

"Strong product analytics and, as of late, incredibly fast execution"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel has always had great reliability, speed, and core analytics. Lately, they've also been delivering on new additions across the entire product. Great to see the speed of releases picking up- it feels like it gets better every time I use it.

What do you dislike?

Would love more buildout of the email/push features. I'd love to be able to handle all creatives and special features directly within the tool. The integrations with marketing platforms are a good stopgap though.

It really helps us understand and visualize user behavior without having to resort to SQL queries. It saves us tons of time to run our own queries on the PM side without needing to make requests to our data team.

Mixpanel review by User in Financial Services

"Mix Panel <> Made Life Easy"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface, it's pleasant.

I like the constant updates and willingness to improve.

What do you dislike?

difficulty to validate the accuracy of mixpanel. I suspect that some events are missed but it's very difficult to debug. Also, some users don't have all the proper parameters and I couldn't figure out why.

Mobile app is very limited - missing the explore function for example

Difficulty to set up marketing channel attribution

I am trying to measure appropriately our KPI's and keep track of our users.

Mixpanel review by User in Internet

"One of the best data analytics platform for fast growing start-ups"

What do you like best?

- Ability to store data in a structured and sensible manner

- Ability to visualize data in a multiple ways.

- Ability to create dashboards.

- Mobile App is really nice.

- User-friendly.

- Fast and Stable.

What do you dislike?

We have challenges with maintaining data sanity. This happens if after a feature release, any of the Mixpanel code goes missing. Not easy to change the name of an event. Sometimes our developers make typo mistakes while creating an event. Can't have the same event for both Mobile and Web App. We had to create a separate projects. So tracking all events for a user across platform is not easy.

We make product decisions based on the product usage data. Our team has become more data driven as they can get the data they want on their fingertips.

Mixpanel review by User

"Simple setup and valuable insights into product usage"

What do you like best?

It was very easy to set up and immediately start seeing live data about our users. It was incredibly valuable to look at our step-to-step success rate in key user flow funnels - to identify which pages we needed to work on across different platforms/screen-sizes.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the reports made sense for our particular use-case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to set up and great insights

Mixpanel provides us with great insight into what users are doing in our product and which pages in a flow have the most drop-off. It's also incredibly simple to see OS, device, and screen-size information for customers which helps us see how our web performance differs across platforms.

Mixpanel review by Brad H.
Brad H.

"I really like Mixpanel"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very clean and intuitive. It's easy to learn and understand. I've almost always been able to gather the data I need and bookmarks make it possible to easily review our most important metrics. I was also surprised that there were Xamarin bindings that made Xamarin integration possible as I wasn't sure that we'd be able to find a good analytics software that integrated with our Xamarin app.

What do you dislike?

It can get expensive very quickly as your user base increases. We pay $150/month, which for a startup of our size is a little pricey. It's pricey because many of our users are free, rather than paid users. If we were just tracking paid users it would be much more manageable

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to most any startup. It can get a bit pricey but the integration is very easy and you can drill down and manipulate the data in almost any way that you need to.

Identifying onboarding friction points is a big one. Mixpanel allows us to see where users are dropping off so that we can come up with better solutions for onboarding users. It also allows us to measure user engagement to mitigate churn, which is probably the most important role that mixpanel serves.

Mixpanel review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great SDKs but confusing and limited interface"

What do you like best?

I love how easy is to set up profiles and send events with properties programmatically (we use PHP and JS SDKs) and your Python SDK to manage and pull large amount of data is also brilliant. Other great thing is your active ticket support system.

What do you dislike?

I feel like users cohorts could be filters in more views (I often felt limited). Also we would like to have better control over exporting the reports from the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want maximum control over your events and users and it's I'm your budget, I'd pick Mixpanel.

We have a browser extension that shows voucher codes. Properties and super properties are a life saver.

Mixpanel review by Vikash Koushik S.
Vikash Koushik S.

"A great analytics tool to track product usage"

What do you like best?

I love that I can get an in-depth understanding of user's behaviour irrespective of what type of product we're building - e-commerce, SaaS, or B2C.

What do you dislike?

Has a lot of developer dependency to set up. I wish it was more non-tech friendly during setting up/ while adding new events. Even when a developer is setting up Mixpanel events, it takes at least an entire day of developer's time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please make it easier for Mixpanel to set up. Would be super awesome if it's easy to set up without a developer dependency.

We use Mixpanel to understand how our users use our product. It helps us improve various aspects of our funnel.

Mixpanel review by User in Computer Software

"Great Platform, Missing some features"

What do you like best?

The in product analytics are great. Users are able to create customer funnels and track specific user behavior from marketing website to app

What do you dislike?

There was issues with the accuracy of the data and user behavior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like this is a solid tool that can definitely help you make better business decisions based on user level data. Make sure that all of your events are setup correctly from the start. And Test, Test, Test.

Mix Panel does provide us with insight into how users are engaging with our product down to the event level. You have the ability to track behavior from a specific page, to plan, to geo location.

Mixpanel review by Nishadha S.
Nishadha S.

"Excellent for tracking events which are harder to track via GA"

What do you like best?

- Easy ability to view people data and how they interacted with your website. Excellent for creating customer personas and user journey maps

- Ability to track events that are usually harder to track via GA

What do you dislike?

- Although the basic setup to track things like page loads is easy for advanced things like event tracking you need considerable developer involvement and also considerable QA time to verify those stats with actual data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pricing is based on data points, which usually is an event. So if you have lots of event happening in your website this can get expensive. However you have the ability to track only the important data points.

If you're just tracking page loads and can use GA goals to track conversions this might not be that useful for you.

I work for a SasS company that sells primarily through our website. Although Google Analytic is great for visitor data when it involves widgets and events it becomes harder to track those data. MixPanel provided us with the perfect tool to capture that data. Plus the ability to analyze users and how they interact with the website was another great feature.

Mixpanel review by Lucas L.
Lucas L.

"Excellent source of insights about your product"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel showcases event and user data in a plethora of ways and drastically reduces dependence of marketing and product teams of complex queries and IT teams, being an accessible and easy to use source of insights related to KPIs and product usage.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is not very clear and can easily snowball out of control if you don't pay close attention to what you are tracking and what you should actually be tracking.

With Mixpanel I get close control of business/marketing metrics such as accounts created and lifetime value (as granular as channel-level) and the product team easily creates clusters and watch user behavior making data-driven product insight a breeze.

Mixpanel review by Abel Alejandro H.
Abel Alejandro H.

"Quick overview and deep if need be!"

What do you like best?

The automation to send notifications to different customers based on many segments and other settings. The generous filters and options in the free tier.

What do you dislike?

The retention graph could use a facelift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free tier is great to allow you to get started and even add custom events

What our users are not doing after sign up and how to get them to quickly see the core value of our app.

"Very intuitive "

What do you like best?

It’s fast, and easy to use. The UI is very clean and explains functionality quite well. The ability to save insights and provide a link directly to a report is great!

What do you dislike?

It’s not possible to group data within a time frame and compare it with the same group of data for a different time interval. At least I haven’t figured out how!

We’re able to learn more about how our users engage with our products. Specifically, what time of day, how they use it, and see what platforms it’s being used on. It’s also extremely up to date in terms of how fast it gets that data.

Mixpanel review by Niv P.
Niv P.

"Very good experience and Tool"

What do you like best?

The adoption & retention graphs - at first we couldn't figure a good KPI for our product. those graphs do the job :)

What do you dislike?

for some reason it mixpanel dashboard is a little bit slow

We are trying to understand how users use our product and which features work and not. we use funnels and other graphs to get more details and increase the transparency for our Product Managers.

Mixpanel review by Administrator

"Pathetic Platform and customer service"

What do you like best?

I can't say that I like something in the tool, its as good as not having it. Rather, its counter productive to have it, you'll lose dollars if you have this tool.

What do you dislike?

There is not phone support at all, and only email support available. Imagine you have a critical business issues related to the tool that need immediate attention, you will have to wait for 24-48 hours before you get a response. Now instead of this platform being supportive to help you succeed in marketing, rather its counter productive. Its costing in losing money on potential buyers that we can't touch because of no support from the platform itself. In my opinion, never opt mixpanel

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to run your marketing on a scaleable model, mixpanel is not the tool you should pic. Its good for very basic usage where you have a small user base and you only send them notifications about any updates you have. Its not a tool you can rely for app marketing, its simply pathetic

Continue marketing on app where we can marketing any type of customer base we have. But platform doesn't have ability to handle complex segment criteria. You can only target users based on some generic usage base filters, it can't not handle complex filters at all in segmentation.

Mixpanel review by Manan V.
Manan V.

"Perfect for Analytics for Startups in Growth Stage"

What do you like best?

The breakdown of events and people analysis. Data visualisation and the simplicity of their mobile app. The funnel visualisation.

What do you dislike?

The level of data view available on the mobile app. The cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to plan out your events and how they accumulate in Mixpanel

We're getting our SaaS analytics from Mixpanel. We get real time analytics and event details of any user action on the website.

Mixpanel review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"User interaction powered by Mixpanel"

What do you like best?

With Mixpanel, we're able to send emails and messaging from triggers when events occur. It's really useful for customer journeys.

What do you dislike?

It requires a lot of understand and planning before getting your mixpanel setup right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you've fully research the problem you are trying to solve. Also make sure that all events are being tracked on your website, app, and API - without all actions being recorded you will end up with half the picture.

Product messaging and in-app event notifications.

Mixpanel review by Svyatoslav R.
Svyatoslav R.

"A great tool to track and understand how your customers use your product."

What do you like best?

The live view of events in real-time. We almost instantly receive the actions that user did in the live-view and that's really great.

What do you dislike?

Not very intuitive UI in some cases. Meaning in some cases it's hard to find what you're looking for specifically. Also maybe improve a little bit the filtering options, so that it's easier to combine multiple filters into one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of more features that Mixpanel has to offer.

It helps us with understanding on how our users are using our product, therefore we know what new features to develop and how to improve the existing ones.

Mixpanel review by Javier P.
Javier P.

"A great discovery tool, easy to implement"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation, very flexible for the non technical professional.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve for new employees is high. It would be a great help to have introductory videos to help new users in the company to understand better the use cases and principles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to dig down your user acquisition process and understand what's going on, Mixpanel will help you with very little effort from the engineering standpoint. It takes a little effort to understand what variables you would like to track, but once you set it is outstanding.

Improving lead to prospect and prospect to customer conversion rates.

Mixpanel review by Jason W.
Jason W.

"Powerful scalable analytics"

What do you like best?

Two main things

1. It can grow with you. They're free up to 1000 profiles and after that then you're on your way and you can pay

2. The ability to embed analytics easily in any page with little to no code required.

What do you dislike?

I think the Ui/Ux is still a little clunky. Trying to navigate around is difficult. The settings menu for teams etc. also isn't that great.

The ability to know where users are i our app, the story they follow and the devices they're using.

Mixpanel review by User

"The simples and friendliest tool to really know what happen in your website"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel is easy to install and easy to use and is plenty of documentation so if you want to learn how to use it well you could find useful content in text and video. You can use the platform in several ways, create your own funnels. register and track users behavior and even automate email marketing based on events.

What do you dislike?

The documentation requires some level of technical knowledge and this could be a problem for someone in beginner level. The pricing is really high for startups, so even when you can try the product in its free plan could be a big jump to pay what it costs per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really try the product in its free plan and be sure to know how really use it because the paid plans are expensive if you're not a big company or agency.

Mixpanel is like a swiss army knife for metrics. If you want to check traffic, to see marketing funnels and track users activity the platform covered really well.

* We monitor all Mixpanel reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.