Mixpanel

Mixpanel

Mixpanel helps businesses deeply understand user behavior and drive intelligent action with the leading user analytics solution.

Work for Mixpanel?

Learning about Mixpanel?

Mixpanel Reviews

Ask Mixpanel a Question
Showing 179 Mixpanel reviews
Mixpanel review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"System is advanced"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface, it's pleasant.

I like the constant updates and willingness to improve.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty to validate the accuracy of mixpanel. I suspect that some events are missed but it's very difficult to debug. Also, some users don't have all the proper parameters and I couldn't figure out why.

Lack of proper action items - I usually don't feel I know what to do with all the data.

Some metrics or tools in mixpanel are hard to understand, so I don't use most of them. For example, it is very difficult to understand for me the retention tab. Not sure what kind of retention is actually being measured.

Mobile app is very limited - missing the explore function for example

Difficulty to set up marketing channel attribution

I am trying to measure appropriately our KPI's and keep track of our users.

I managed to keep track of simple metrics around traction but couldn't wrap my head around more deeper insights and metrics

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mixpanel
Mixpanel review by Nick D.
Nick D.

"Great insights, easy to create complex analysis, easy to integrate"

What do you like best?

Interface is overall very easy to use and get started with. It does a very good job of supporting some advanced analysis without making the interface overly complex. Cohort analysis is very good.

Very easy to integrate with.

What do you dislike?

Ability to trigger messages is useful for some use cases but it is somewhat limited. This is not a big problem if it is primarily used for analysis, which is the key strength.

Anomaly detection looks promising but it is still very limited. It would be great to have some configurability around this and in particular it would be extremely useful to generate alerts to external systems.

It is sometimes difficult to navigate and find things.

User login roles and permissions were very limited until very recently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend primarily considering it for analysis and optimization, and not relying too much on some of the secondary features.

Primarily used for mobile app analytics and funnel optimization. It has been a great tool to understand user behavior for new features and to monitor when behaviors deviate from expected patterns.

What Digital Analytics solution do you use?

Mixpanel review by Sydney E.
Sydney E.

"Decent Product, Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I love using Mixpanel, I use it to send notifications to our app users on a weekly basis. Mixpanel makes it really easy to segment and target different groups which I really appreciate because it makes my job a whole lot easier. Their customer service has been what I'm most impressed with. If the representative doesn't know the answer they will put in the work to make sure that you get the answer you're looking for, or submit a request to improve their product for you.

What do you dislike?

One thing I really wish is that Mixpanel would create a feature where you could target users within a specific amount of hours, rather than days. We send our users notifications based on their activity specific to that week and their goals. However, by setting 1 day ago or 2 day ago or x days ago notifications to go out at 9AM, it will only pull from 2 days ago starting at 9AM, but peoples activity counts starting at 12AM so the ways it's st, just doesn't hit all of our users or give us the accuracy we need to target our users this way. Anyways, despite this issue, we've enjoyed mixpanel and they've been so good with us over support working through this with us and submitting requests to their team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love mixpanel, just realize that it does have its limitations like any product. If you're confused about anything- which is highly possible if you're not a programmer or something (I am not and have had to ask for help from our team getting things connected), but Mixpanel support is also a great resource and they will take the time and energy to get you to a spot where you feel comfortable using their product.

Solving the issue of targeting and reminding our users to workout through the week. It allows us to personalize our notifications to their specific activity, or specific groups and challenges they're in within our app- which has been revolutionary.

Mixpanel review by Omer S.
Omer S.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

easy to use, easy to implement, CS is very professional

What do you dislike?

1. some standard feature that im use to use in analytic tools densest exist in mixpanel for example - frequency use use

2. people events vs usage event - for example i cannot send message to customers that did more than 10 searches in the past week

3. cohort distribution - i cannot ask a simple question such as what is the age distribution of my customers and cross it with usage

4. CS - email -> chat

5. sending email messages - doesnt work well

Recommendations to others considering the product

integrate the people events with usage event to enable a better analysis for example i cannot send message to customers that did more than 10 searches in the past week

4. CS - move to chat rather emails

5. sending email messages feature - doesnt work well, customers doest getting emails

analyzing cusotmer usage

comunicate with them via in app, push, email

making bussins decition

affect our roadmap

Mixpanel review by Reza D.
Reza D.

"Mixpanel is great when you are a pro at using it"

What do you like best?

funnel reports, live view, and access to support team via chat

What do you dislike?

for the most part, support is able to assist with questions. Sometimes however I wish there was more attention put on resolving specific issues and better follow-up. recently we have faced an issue where it looks like people profiles are either not being created or are disappearing. We have not had luck with this issue and I've inquired a few times for a follow-up or escalation. Recently my CTO reached out with a question and simply received a 'sorry we couldn't help'. Would love to know what else can be done to help in this case.

Sometimes we get null datasets for customers and this is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there is some critical knowledge we wish was emphasized earlier in the process as a warning. Whenever backfilling customer data, the geography of the customer in the people profile will update to the location of our servers. We did a bulk update for all customers to use a different field for email address, and it updated all of our profiles to look like they came from Ashford Virginia, which is where our servers are located. This was a costly mistake and permanent; there was no way that we know of to recover the geo and reverse this change. Later we learned that this happens unless the user takes special precautions. I believe this mixpanel should proactively avoid this unintended consequence of backfilling data, rather than making users take extra steps to prevent it. At the very least, provide ample warnings.

we are understanding where drop-off occur, and able to prioritize where we need to invest resources to solve particular stages of friction in our funnel. This has helped us to devise experiments and measure the net effects and improve conversion rates across our onboarding process.

Mixpanel review by Hemant M.
Hemant M.

"Tool to know and track peoples behavior on our website"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel helps us to know our website visitors and this information is useful for us to improve our website as per visitors behavior.

It is little similar to google analytics but in mixpanel we can customize our tracking events based on our own requirement.

Mixpanel has almost all features and algorithms which are needed for analytics and visitor tracing needs for websites.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far but we can expect a good improvement in prospect of tool enhancement. Also remember, its little expensive not free like google analytics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, in case want to understand your web-visitors in good way. But before going remember its not free software.

We use mixpanel to capture our visitors activities on our website and based on that activities we modify or add features to we website so we can know that what visitors/customers like the most on our website.

Its better then google analytics in customization point of views.

Mixpanel review by Rich W.
Rich W.

"Excellent experience for early stage companies, grown out of it due to lack of flexibility"

What do you like best?

The api libraries are fantastic, very easy to implement and get up and running. Funnels are a great way to view conversion rates through steppers / pages. Docs are very good. Easy for non technical members of the team to use and start creating their own charts. Easy to navigate and excellent ux. Collects a lot of user data by default and ip and location is very useful.

What do you dislike?

Lack of flexibility in terms of bringing in other datasources which has forced us to move towards a total data warehouse solution. Ad blocker removes ~5 % of client side events which means you have to be clever comparing server side to client side. No original react native libraries, although plenty of external wrappers available. Could be more accurate collecting initial referrer, also could be better ways to explore your user base. New common journey tracking features would be a great addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use mixpanel at the beginning as it is super easy and quick, but long term it gets very expensive and you will switch to a more complete data warehouse. We've started to move to a redshift data base with mode on top, which is less usable by non technical team members but allows you to pool all of your data sources into one place.

Front end and server side event based tracking. Use node.js and javascript libraries as well as react native wrappers for the native ios and android libraries

Mixpanel review by Agata J.
Agata J.

"My expirience with Mixpanel"

What do you like best?

The platform allows to track all activity that is happening on our website. It is especially helpful for funnel tracking as I can see on what stage of their the sign up process the particular group of users are and adjust our user acquisition strategy. A/B testing is also good, I'd say it's even better than in Google Analitycs.

What do you dislike?

Mixpanel is a great tool, but it still has some cons. Reports are very quick to get, but they are not visual enough and sometimes there are some missing or incorrect data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mixpanel is a pretty powerful tool, but it is better to use as an addition to Google Analytics, as GA has more accurate data and clear reports.

Website analytics, A/B testing, users behavior tracking, improving sales funnel, getting insights on how to improve our website and landing pages.

Mixpanel review by Pascal B.
Pascal B.

"Flexible event-based analytics"

What do you like best?

Tracking the events that matter to our product, loaded with all the meta-data we can think of to allow for in-depth and insightful analysis of users interactions with our platform.

What do you dislike?

As a startup, our product changes quickly and the metrics and properties we want to track with it. The tracking framework (naming, convention, properties) sometimes becomes obsolete and we need to change it, but then, it makes backward analysis very complicated. It would be great to have a solution in Mixpanel to ensure the transition and compatibility when changing the way we track events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool! Make sure you really have a well-thought plan about what you will need to track in the future and respect a clear naming convention for your events and properties from the start.

We're a data-driven and product-focused team, and Mixpanel helps us better understand how our users interact with our service. It's essential for us to be able to improve on our current service constantly.

Mixpanel review by Gabor D.
Gabor D.

"Powerful"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel is very simple to use and gets me the data I want quickly and in a fairly easy to analyze format. This specific allows me to perform information for meetings and also to determine ROI on various marketing activities. Also the built in functionality is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Customer service could be a little better. It will be great in order to have a live conversation or phone number instead you need to send good email and wait for reply. However, responses are often quite quick. I'd also really like to be able to get some statistics a lot more easily - recently was trying to notice the most common device accessing our app that was hard. Furthermore spending some time of least weighty use on a day time| or week was difficult and that might be due to the way we report our events, but this seems like that should become easier to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The longer you spend thinking regarding what information you would like and how you would like to view it, the much better your setup is going to be. Right after getting the right set up, the tool became a lot more useful.

Tracking user usage of features. We use MixPanel data to determine what needs to me updated, what buttons should be moved, etc...

Mixpanel review by Jourdan B.
Jourdan B.

"Insightful but difficult to maintain reliably"

What do you like best?

The ability to get quick snapshots of the current state things are in. It is easy to create dashboards that reference the information that is important to me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it can be to uncover problem in the data. Sometime an even is implemented incorrectly or data is exported differently than I expected. It can be difficult to 1)identify that the data is inaccurate or not what I thought and 2) find a way to resolve it

We are primarily using Mixpanel to assess usability. We often reference the data when we are making US decisions and decided how to prioritize out work.

Mixpanel review by Silvia Micol P.
Silvia Micol P.

"Super useful with the best customer service ever"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel is very useful because it allows to have real time insights about our customers, it is very easy to send push notification with it and for our IT team to install our events on the tool. Moreover the customer service is very efficient, they always answered rapidly to any of my doubts and the helped me to overcome every issue with their platform.

What do you dislike?

It is not a very user-friendly platform to use, it needs some times before I learnt to use it well. There are still some things which are very difficult for me, as using JQL to write queries (I'm a marketer, not an engineer).

There are some properties we cannot use as we would like to, for example the birthday property, we cannot select a day on the calendar, moreover the insights we receive are not as precise as they are on our own platform.

We managed to schedule push notification, while before we couldn't do that, moreover we managed to have some real time insights about our customer and to better segment them.

Mixpanel review by Nikola J.
Nikola J.

"The advanced analytics platform you need...for sales."

What do you like best?

Of course, the best thing about Mixpanel is the amount of data you can collect about your users or clients and all the different ways you can look at it.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most when it comes to Mixpanel is the interface and the way the statistics and data is shown. For me, it's not graphical and friendly enough, but I do believe that this is the preferred way for many who are into numbers and data crunching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As always, you should be as clear as possible as to what your needs and goals are. In case you want better sales analytics and sales funnel tracking, then Mixpanel is probably the right choice. For product and app user activity analysis, though, there might be better options out there.

With Mixpanel you get a better insight into the performance of either your sales funnel or your app. We use it to analyze and track user behaviour, activity and retention, although it is probably even more suited for sales.

Mixpanel review by User in Computer Software

"Easy Data Viz and Analysis for User Actions"

What do you like best?

As a product manager, I really love having Mixpanel as a complementary tool to Google Analytics. It allows me to further evaluate and more easily setup flows to track against and understand to inform decisions. Once you have Mixpanel setup on your site it's really easy as a non-development to have anyone go in and walk through the tutorial to setup *any* flow to track KPIs on which makes adoption easy and data accessible.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the basic items I listed, such as the easy flow setup, is hidden. It would be great if there was an easy to use tutorial on the site for anyone to start at anytime or breeze through a quick doc on common use cases. Some of the best features of Mixpanel are hidden while others are just bloated and confusing. The UI alone could really use some UX improvements so a user can more quickly understand, right off the bat, the difference between utilizing Insights, Segmentation and building out actionable and beneficial Dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take their tutorial session which is ~1 month. Worth it to learn more.

Understanding user adoption on features and usage of current UI elements/workflows.

Mixpanel review by Roy G.
Roy G.

"Mixpanel For Classified Sites"

What do you like best?

The easy way i can view my data in graphics, where i can choose between dates, filter by properties and adding logic conditions to them. Also the support the give to their customers is superb, very personalized and quick solutions/explanations. What i use the most is the segmentation space, so, i could do some really good analytics.

What do you dislike?

Actually, there is not such a thing i could name that i dislike from Mixpanel, just minor bugs that happened one time or another but that's it, i would also like to see more filtering options in a near future to get data more specifically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is magnific, quick, precise and right to the point, i really love it, and they also do a lot of workshops.

The main one is to segment campaigns to sent mail blasts.

Mixpanel review by User in Financial Services

"Powerful software but you're never sure if the data is actually accurate"

What do you like best?

-The UI is fairly intuitive and slick looking

-The support folks have been very friendly over email

-You feel like you're able to make decision, especially for funnel based analysis

What do you dislike?

-It is an expensive product

-Support is done over email, and doesn't always feel like you have your answers solved

-The accuracy of the data, whether or not it's due to the instrumentation often doesn't reflect what you think the data should be based on your db data

-Unless you are 100% certain it is set up properly, the data doesn't engender trust

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you're set up properly from the get-go. There are reams of support articles, and once you get started, you are stuck, and it's difficult to recalibrate your software. Additionally, you have to understand what your specific use cases are to ensure that it makes sense to use Mixpanel versus something in-house.

-Track usage of various features within our product

-Measure funnel performance during onboarding and other product flows

Mixpanel review by George M.
George M.

"Very powerful; requires efficient initial setup"

What do you like best?

Handling a large amount of data with ease, keeping track with historical usage data.

Funnels of module usage have been very useful for free trial conversion of clients and the subsequent changes in our landing pages and UI.

The UI is clean and modern.

What do you dislike?

The product has a steep learning curve which makes it a bit daunting to use at first.

We have especially run into some problems using JQL due to the lack of documentation and examples.

The predict module is very useful but requires precision and the correct data set up to provide accurate predictions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be best if prior to dedicating your company to the platform you have a dedicated person that can utilize the advanced features available. This is not a "plug and play" platform that is intuitive to use; it requires devotion in order to set it up correctly, in terms of integration, correct events and actions recorder, etc.

Mixpanel is used by the customer success and customer support teams as well as the upper management of our SAAS company. The customer success team is utilizing to track the usage and engagement of the existing clients mainly using the Engagement part of the platform; specifically, they are making use of the Insight, segmentation and Retention features . The customer support team is mainly using the product to retrieve specific actions performed by users, in order to replicate bugs or pinpoint the root cause of issues, that is the People portion of the platform. Upper management is using to drive engagement of the product and make decisions on how to evolve it based on the current usage. We have mainly seen improvements in the design of our product's landing pages and the features available in Free trials, through the use of Funnels.

Mixpanel review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="dd7407f9-d545-4cda-ae00-c4972c918c69">Jacqueline M.</span>
Jacqueline M.
" itemprop="name" />

"Product has not grow over time as I would have hoped"

What do you like best?

Mixpanels people profiles are very helpful for letting you set KPI's based on what matters to you, more easily than some other super custom analytic options while still getting to deep dive around most things you need. It requires a fair amount of planning and forward thinking to utilize to its fulest, but pays off when implemented.

What do you dislike?

The ui has not improved much over time. I was an early adopter of their tech seeing the potential, and with the amount of funding they have taken in, I was hoping to see more growth with their actual product. It is not flexible or forgiving and has very little visuals to help analyze your data. Other platforms like heap that allow you to track actions and see how people flow through are getting a step ahead in visualization. They might benefit from an integration to help with this. They have gone the route of notifications instead, which would be awesome but the ability is very limiting in seeing on the user side who even opened, so it is really not a practical option. It was literally easier for us to build a custom integration directly from our database to our CRM to manage this work.

Tracking how our users engage with our platform, based on their specific roles and interests.

Mixpanel review by Akshay G.
Akshay G.

"Great Product for tracking"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Mixpanel to track and view the live traffic updates, reporting tools are also great. It helps me understand the problems my users are facing and helps me salving those problems.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now, everything looks great just one thing which sometimes gets me confused is that i sometimes don't get the data on mixpanel and sometimes it gets delayed due to which i'm unable to identify the live status of the user

Finding drops in my site and resolving those drop points so as to retain the users is my biggest problem in which mixpanel has helped me alot.It has provided me with the information about my users and the gains/losses while making any changes to my product.

Mixpanel review by Consultant

"Most solid product analytics framework by far!"

What do you like best?

You do not need to be a rocket scientist to be a Mixpanel user! Within a couple of hours you will learn your way around the tool and very powerful data visualization features. Mixpanel is a no brainer when doing responsible product strategy, design, and development.

What do you dislike?

There should be a better workflow for the development and testing phases of a product. Yes, sending the data to a completely different project is one way, but then when you start changing things and tweaking your data tracking plan, that project gets full of junk and is not always convenient.

Regularly tying all the data tracking plan with business objectives. All decision processes change when we are backing up each decision with solid data.

Mixpanel review by User in Internet

"One of the best data analytics platform for fast growing start-ups"

What do you like best?

- Ability to store data in a structured and sensible manner

- Ability to visualize data in a multiple ways.

- Ability to create dashboards.

- Mobile App is really nice.

- User-friendly.

- Fast and Stable.

What do you dislike?

We have challenges with maintaining data sanity. This happens if after a feature release, any of the Mixpanel code goes missing. Not easy to change the name of an event. Sometimes our developers make typo mistakes while creating an event. Can't have the same event for both Mobile and Web App. We had to create a separate projects. So tracking all events for a user across platform is not easy.

We make product decisions based on the product usage data. Our team has become more data driven as they can get the data they want on their fingertips.

Mixpanel review by PJ H.
PJ H.

"Great analytics options to understand customer engagement."

What do you like best?

It's great that basically any aspect of our app can be tracked and analyzed quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

Some of the data is not intuitive or relevant. I also find the mobile app lacking and wish it had more of the features of the web version.

We needed to know how our app was being used for product development understanding. It has given us a great window into daily usage and which features are/aren't used.

Mixpanel review by Brad H.
Brad H.

"I really like Mixpanel"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very clean and intuitive. It's easy to learn and understand. I've almost always been able to gather the data I need and bookmarks make it possible to easily review our most important metrics. I was also surprised that there were Xamarin bindings that made Xamarin integration possible as I wasn't sure that we'd be able to find a good analytics software that integrated with our Xamarin app.

What do you dislike?

It can get expensive very quickly as your user base increases. We pay $150/month, which for a startup of our size is a little pricey. It's pricey because many of our users are free, rather than paid users. If we were just tracking paid users it would be much more manageable

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to most any startup. It can get a bit pricey but the integration is very easy and you can drill down and manipulate the data in almost any way that you need to.

Identifying onboarding friction points is a big one. Mixpanel allows us to see where users are dropping off so that we can come up with better solutions for onboarding users. It also allows us to measure user engagement to mitigate churn, which is probably the most important role that mixpanel serves.

Mixpanel review by Vikash Koushik S.
Vikash Koushik S.

"A great analytics tool to track product usage"

What do you like best?

I love that I can get an in-depth understanding of user's behaviour irrespective of what type of product we're building - e-commerce, SaaS, or B2C.

What do you dislike?

Has a lot of developer dependency to set up. I wish it was more non-tech friendly during setting up/ while adding new events. Even when a developer is setting up Mixpanel events, it takes at least an entire day of developer's time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please make it easier for Mixpanel to set up. Would be super awesome if it's easy to set up without a developer dependency.

We use Mixpanel to understand how our users use our product. It helps us improve various aspects of our funnel.

Mixpanel review by User in Computer Software

"Great Platform, Missing some features"

What do you like best?

The in product analytics are great. Users are able to create customer funnels and track specific user behavior from marketing website to app

What do you dislike?

There was issues with the accuracy of the data and user behavior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like this is a solid tool that can definitely help you make better business decisions based on user level data. Make sure that all of your events are setup correctly from the start. And Test, Test, Test.

Mix Panel does provide us with insight into how users are engaging with our product down to the event level. You have the ability to track behavior from a specific page, to plan, to geo location.

Mixpanel review by Nishadha S.
Nishadha S.

"Excellent for tracking events which are harder to track via GA"

What do you like best?

- Easy ability to view people data and how they interacted with your website. Excellent for creating customer personas and user journey maps

- Ability to track events that are usually harder to track via GA

What do you dislike?

- Although the basic setup to track things like page loads is easy for advanced things like event tracking you need considerable developer involvement and also considerable QA time to verify those stats with actual data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pricing is based on data points, which usually is an event. So if you have lots of event happening in your website this can get expensive. However you have the ability to track only the important data points.

If you're just tracking page loads and can use GA goals to track conversions this might not be that useful for you.

I work for a SasS company that sells primarily through our website. Although Google Analytic is great for visitor data when it involves widgets and events it becomes harder to track those data. MixPanel provided us with the perfect tool to capture that data. Plus the ability to analyze users and how they interact with the website was another great feature.

Mixpanel review by Lucas L.
Lucas L.

"Excellent source of insights about your product"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel showcases event and user data in a plethora of ways and drastically reduces dependence of marketing and product teams of complex queries and IT teams, being an accessible and easy to use source of insights related to KPIs and product usage.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is not very clear and can easily snowball out of control if you don't pay close attention to what you are tracking and what you should actually be tracking.

With Mixpanel I get close control of business/marketing metrics such as accounts created and lifetime value (as granular as channel-level) and the product team easily creates clusters and watch user behavior making data-driven product insight a breeze.

"Very intuitive "

What do you like best?

It’s fast, and easy to use. The UI is very clean and explains functionality quite well. The ability to save insights and provide a link directly to a report is great!

What do you dislike?

It’s not possible to group data within a time frame and compare it with the same group of data for a different time interval. At least I haven’t figured out how!

We’re able to learn more about how our users engage with our products. Specifically, what time of day, how they use it, and see what platforms it’s being used on. It’s also extremely up to date in terms of how fast it gets that data.

Mixpanel review by Administrator

"Pathetic Platform and customer service"

What do you like best?

I can't say that I like something in the tool, its as good as not having it. Rather, its counter productive to have it, you'll lose dollars if you have this tool.

What do you dislike?

There is not phone support at all, and only email support available. Imagine you have a critical business issues related to the tool that need immediate attention, you will have to wait for 24-48 hours before you get a response. Now instead of this platform being supportive to help you succeed in marketing, rather its counter productive. Its costing in losing money on potential buyers that we can't touch because of no support from the platform itself. In my opinion, never opt mixpanel

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to run your marketing on a scaleable model, mixpanel is not the tool you should pic. Its good for very basic usage where you have a small user base and you only send them notifications about any updates you have. Its not a tool you can rely for app marketing, its simply pathetic

Continue marketing on app where we can marketing any type of customer base we have. But platform doesn't have ability to handle complex segment criteria. You can only target users based on some generic usage base filters, it can't not handle complex filters at all in segmentation.

Mixpanel review by Manan V.
Manan V.

"Perfect for Analytics for Startups in Growth Stage"

What do you like best?

The breakdown of events and people analysis. Data visualisation and the simplicity of their mobile app. The funnel visualisation.

What do you dislike?

The level of data view available on the mobile app. The cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to plan out your events and how they accumulate in Mixpanel

We're getting our SaaS analytics from Mixpanel. We get real time analytics and event details of any user action on the website.

Mixpanel review by Chris T.
Chris T.

"User interaction powered by Mixpanel"

What do you like best?

With Mixpanel, we're able to send emails and messaging from triggers when events occur. It's really useful for customer journeys.

What do you dislike?

It requires a lot of understand and planning before getting your mixpanel setup right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you've fully research the problem you are trying to solve. Also make sure that all events are being tracked on your website, app, and API - without all actions being recorded you will end up with half the picture.

Product messaging and in-app event notifications.

Mixpanel review by Jason W.
Jason W.

"Powerful scalable analytics"

What do you like best?

Two main things

1. It can grow with you. They're free up to 1000 profiles and after that then you're on your way and you can pay

2. The ability to embed analytics easily in any page with little to no code required.

What do you dislike?

I think the Ui/Ux is still a little clunky. Trying to navigate around is difficult. The settings menu for teams etc. also isn't that great.

The ability to know where users are i our app, the story they follow and the devices they're using.

Mixpanel review by User

"The simples and friendliest tool to really know what happen in your website"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel is easy to install and easy to use and is plenty of documentation so if you want to learn how to use it well you could find useful content in text and video. You can use the platform in several ways, create your own funnels. register and track users behavior and even automate email marketing based on events.

What do you dislike?

The documentation requires some level of technical knowledge and this could be a problem for someone in beginner level. The pricing is really high for startups, so even when you can try the product in its free plan could be a big jump to pay what it costs per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really try the product in its free plan and be sure to know how really use it because the paid plans are expensive if you're not a big company or agency.

Mixpanel is like a swiss army knife for metrics. If you want to check traffic, to see marketing funnels and track users activity the platform covered really well.

Mixpanel review by Akram Hasan S.
Akram Hasan S.

"Very cleaver analysis"

What do you like best?

Push app notification will be the first thing I liked about Mixpanel, then AB testing number two. If you are app developer you know how hard it is developing an app and implement analysis, bug track, know how your app actually working. It's not very easy though. Mixpanel literally reduced 50% of analysis work and bring up lots of other features I even never thought about. Very depth and accurate analytics feature for cellphone app and very easy to use within your code. Track every single activity on your app trace for bug and find our user needs just from your Mixpanel dashboard. Send push app notification to your app and share your news easily device wide. Do AB testing to figure out what your users wants. So far this is very useful service for cellphone app developer and web app developer.

What do you dislike?

Thing I didn't liked about Mixpanel is their documentation not that user friendly. What I meant not for beginner level developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be blind once you published your app, track and improve your service.

Using this service for cellphone app analytics, push app notification and AB testing. Very helpful for tracking app usage and improving app services.

Mixpanel review by User in Computer Software

"Definite learning curve, but easy to extract and slice insights and data"

What do you like best?

I like the many variations in specificity you can use to drill down into your data and extract the information you're looking for. Parameters are very modular, visualizations are clean, and the interface is easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Onboarding requires a substantial amount of time and much of it is done via webinars and screencasts. A more seamless in-platform solution would be easier for new users to get through.

We are able to track exact feature usage, the effectiveness of conversion funnels, and user attributes like screen size. Tons of benefits, especially for prioritizing new features and seeing which features are most heavily or most lightly used.

Mixpanel review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to build quick reports."

What do you like best?

Ease of use: once configured, Mixpnal is easy to use and understand.

User view. you can access a detailed view of each user's activity.

What do you dislike?

13 different products, sometimes it's hard to find the appropriate product for a given need.

Not possible to measure an evolution on more than 90 days.

Very difficult to build long-term reports and dashboards (the most flexible option, JQL, requires to learn a specific programming language...)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get some help for the implementation. The tool is useful only if you have the proper events and traits in place.

And use a complement to analyze your marketing. Mixpanel is mainly for product people IMO.

Mainly analyzing funnels.

Mixpanel review by Stuart P.
Stuart P.

"Some really good live views"

What do you like best?

I really love the live view feature. It's something other platforms don't offer. I like that you can filter this live view too. It's very useful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I don't quite know how to answer a certain question. i would also like to know how to set up user types etc.

Early adoption KPIs of a user forum.

Mixpanel review by Barron C.
Barron C.

"Great learning tool for user behavior."

What do you like best?

Great to implement granular events and understand how users take specific actions.

What do you dislike?

Funnel product and retention charts are a bit clunky. They feel tacked on afterwards.

Mixpanel helps understand how users navigate and user a product from a quantitative perspective. It helps you to realize where there are usage dropoffs or how often a feature is being utilized.

Mixpanel review by Mani B.
Mani B.

"Analytics redefined! "

What do you like best?

Ability to sort data bearing deep insights from the product/website without any conventional coding knowledge is the best part of it.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't been anything such so far but there could be some improvements in the graphical form of how it is displayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mixpanel is a great tool to help you manage analytics of your product/service without any coding knowledge.

Helped in tracking information related to the product such as sign up rate, conversion ratio, other basic info and Apps related information of the product. Querying all these without any coding effort and easy access makes it much easier to use.

Mixpanel review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Best analytics provider we've used so far, handles millions of monthly events"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel takes almost all of the major hurt out of analytics. You can set things up to be user driven or event driven and the options and search are great for both. Setting up complex funnels and queries is much much much easier than with other providers (looking at you, Google analytics) and the pricing scales properly (again, looking at you Google analytics, they jump right to super expensive enterprise plans).

The queries are also fast and you get a full picture of your data, not sampled to high he'll even if it's over hundreds of thousands of events. The actual integration is simple enough that front end devs can handle it, and dropping their code in initially is also a 2 second job. You can be up and tracking events in minutes.

Customer service has been a dream, helping us over the phone a ton as well as sending our team t-shirt and stickers at Christmas. Awesome!

As a bonus they have a good blog, too.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is aggressive if you're running a consumer app. Our app is freemium so we record an absolute TON of information on free users. Mixpanel just wasn't affordable in our early days when we had 100,000 users not paying us with no money coming in yet.

Like any analytics platform the learning curve is steep, it'll take some time to catch people up to it.

Going forward I hope they begin to suggest improvements based on our analytics, funnel problems, potential buggy releases, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you'll love it. If you're at a stage where you have very few events logged and don't want to pay, Google analytics may serve you well to start. Just be warned that it doesn't scale on price or functionality at all and you'll be switching to mixpanel or similar at scale.

We need metrics, both person and event driven on over a million users. Mixpanel is a powerful and affordable way to do that at our size, with a much cleaner and easier to use (but still more powerful) interface than the competition.

Mixpanel review by Administrator

"Powerful, but not the most user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel has a lot of capabilities for tracking web events and does so in real-time. It's also relatively easy to create custom events that are specific to your site and business goals. In addition, the tracking of these events is retroactive- so if you create an event today, the data from yesterday still exists for that event which is really helpful, and isn't something offered by other tools like google analytics.

What do you dislike?

Mixpanel is not intuitive from a user's perspective at all. I work at a media company where a lot of non-technical people need to be able to access and understand our analytics platforms and Mixpanel is extremely difficult for them to grasp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If this is going to be used by non-technical, employees I'd recommend searching elsewhere.

Despite the aforementioned challenging UX, the customization really has helped our business. For example, we are a B2B media company so we care deeply about the "quality"of our traffic - meaning we want high-level business executives reading our articles, not just anyone. We are able to easily integrate this information from our ESP with Mixpanel to be able to tell us this information. It's funnel feature is also excellent for tracking landing page conversion rates.

"Mixpanel Product Review"

What do you like best?

The Event tracking easily beats the Google Analytics equivalent for analyzing complex interactions (on a website or app). The Mixpanel Community is a useful source of tips and resolutions.

What do you dislike?

It can be quite buggy, depending on what reports you rely on. The Funnel reporting can understate numbers if you apply certain filters to the funnel steps, for example. I'm also unconvinced by how it captures data from users on mobile devices. It seems a little on the flaky side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend doing due diligence on this tool versus rivals. Read the community/support posts to see what kind of errors/bugs they have.

We've used it to track how Users interact with our address/location selectors. We've learned how users are triggering errors when they enter their details and also what the most popular selections are (e.g. ZIP code entry versus City).

Mixpanel review by Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.

"More refined analytics"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel has a number of statistics that are not found in other types of analytics software. For example, we can follow the clicking of any link with Mixpanel. Mixpanel also shows the statistics for the subpages and shows the flow chart of where all the Users fall off. In addition, Mixpanel is free for even relatively high traffic websites, provided we include a "Powered by Mixpanel" button on our website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Mixpanel is not so well integrated into Google and other types of analytics software. We need to have our own dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mixpanel is very competitive with other forms of software in the industry.

I would like to know exactly how many people have clicked on a particular category of links that represents the core functionality of our site. Our website is for helping students find academic and other projects on campus. Each project had its own page, and its own associated link for viewing. We wanted to track how many people clicked on the link to view the projects, compared to the number of people who were on the website as a whole. We were able to successfully do this with Mixpanel and we were able to use the free tier of the software because our traffic for our website was not very high.

Mixpanel review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Powerful, but be careful to read the documentation to avoid duplication"

What do you like best?

Being able to record revenue per user is awesome for determining things like customer life time value. The granularity of the reporting is amazing, and the ability to message users via email, push and SMS make Mixpanel a powerful contender.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately data between events and users are essentially separate. You can't run reports like "Find users who have done X." User reporting is limited to user attributes and not events.

Another annoyance is the way that Mixpanel does user identification. In order to avoid duplicating users an 'alias' call needs to be made client side in order to match any further 'identify' request. Fine, but in apps that register users server side this fundamentally breaks funnels. Other analytics systems are much more intelligent at matching anonymous ID's with user id's without this needless step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Segment.com's libraries to integrate any tools including Mixpanel. Also, be sure you understand the difference between an alias and identify call to avoid broken funnels.

Measuring customer lifetime value and optimizing funnels. And for this it has worked wonderfully.

Mixpanel review by Andrey R.
Andrey R.

"Great product to simplify your funnel tracking"

What do you like best?

I love Mixpanel, while it's not without its flaws for our needs its user interface greatly simplifies our funnel tracking over just using something like Google Analytics. The fact that they also provide an easy-to-use API to export our data allows us to run database queries to overcome anything we might be using in the interface.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easy to track differences between two funnels rather than going back and forth between two. There are also some annoying 'features' like having the date reset to default any time I make a change to the funnel - I would really rather it remain what I'd set it to!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product to look at your user flows, they also allow you to make automated reports to keep track of radical changes to your website traffic and warn you of any technical issues you might be having.

Trying to solve the problem/difficulty of funnel tracking at a complex company. Mixpanel has allowed us to look at the funnel and user flows for each of our landing pages and marketing channels in order to conduct a/b tests and just generally track how we're doing.

Mixpanel review by Hendrik S.
Hendrik S.

"Powerful but complex analytics tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and provides deep insights into your data.

What do you dislike?

The data collection scheme and the user interface is not thought out. Very often I can't correlate the important data that I really need. (But the product is getting better - slowly)

Understanding bottlenecks and performance problems in our system are much easier with Mixpanel.

Mixpanel review by Piotr F.
Piotr F.

"Irreplaceable when it comes to SAAS revenue tracking"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel is powerful and flexible analytics solutions, that can be implemented in any kind of web based environment. I personally appreciate that with this single tool I can track literally ever online activity of our consumers.

What do you dislike?

To properly implement Mixpanel you need to have well skilled developer. It is not a self-service app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are running SAAS business Mixpanel will surely help you measure your revenue and such metrics like ROI, ARPU or CLTV. Moreover, you will be able to track every single user of your app to investigate what functionalities he/she likes or dislikes.

Revenue and ROI tracking, consumer funnel tracking and optimization.

Mixpanel review by Simon B.
Simon B.

"From Dawn till Dusk"

What do you like best?

I always know my numbers - first thing in the morning on the mobile app - throughout the day on my desktop - no customer activity or behaviour goes unnoticed

What do you dislike?

Setting timeline annotations on my reports is not easy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial

Knowing exactly what my trialists and customers are up to in the product and being able to act accordingly

Mixpanel review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Mixpanel has helped me run analysis on our web traffic across different properties."

What do you like best?

Mixpanel is very easy to use and gets me the data I need quickly and in an easy to analyze format. This allows me to run reports for meetings and to determine ROI on various marketing activities. Also the built in functionality is very useful

What do you dislike?

Every time I try login I have to get a text to enter a passcode.

We have a ton of partners who send small businesses to custom landing pages as leads. Mixpanel allows us to build the top of the funnel so we can perform analysis of each partner and our overall web traffic.

Mixpanel review by Ivan M.
Ivan M.

"A product every PM would fall in love with"

What do you like best?

Autotrack makes the tool very immediate to use. You start with it because is so easy to use and then you get in love with the data and the insights that it provides

What do you dislike?

During the initial tests, it was difficult to understand the volume of APIs and when I would have hit the freemium threshold.

I can easily get analytics about our customers in few steps, with full customization and without involving the engineering at all.

I identified unexpected behaviours that helped us to improve the experience and decide which area of the product to improve.

Mixpanel review by Tilan U.
Tilan U.

"Good tool to analyze user behavior"

What do you like best?

Amount to tools available to study and monitor user behavior.

What do you dislike?

Bit long learning curve. It will be good if the interface is more user froiendly,

We are trying to identify issues users have when they use our product. Also we monitor popular features.

Mixpanel review by User

"Not the most intuitive platform"

What do you like best?

I like bookmarking funnels to revisit easily and frequently.

What do you dislike?

The tool is not intuitive. There's a ton of properties in there that don't exist anymore from testing and legacy products/pages and if you're not super intimate with the tool and language, it's almost impossible to use it without a power user walking you through every step. It's also not obvious when to use insights vs a funnel, etc.

Solving product marketing questions with Mixpanel. Trying to compare experiences with our site to determine the best user experience for our users.

Mixpanel review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Mixpanel provides a great toolset for understanding the behaviors of our users"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see what users do at ever step in our website. Making comparative statements is also very easy. Some of my favorite (most useful features) allow us to make in-app notifications to users that meet specific criteria.

Mixpanel also allows us to pinpoint where users are dropping out of our funnel, and test out ways to bring them back and retain them.

What do you dislike?

Customer support could be a bit better. It would be great to have a live chat or phone number - instead you have to send an email and wait for a response. However, responses are usually pretty quick. I'd also love to be able to get some statistics more easily - recently I was trying to see the most common device accessing our app - that was hard. Also finding the time of least heavy use on a day or week was difficult - that could be due to the way we report our events, but it seems like that should be easier to find.

We've been able to send targeted in-app notifications that help us to help our users realize the maximum benefits of our product. By pinpointing the exact users we need to reach, and reaching them at the right time, we are able to ensure everyone has the information they need to be successful.

Mixpanel review by Utkarsh R.
Utkarsh R.

"Best analytical tool available"

What do you like best?

The ease with which we can create the funnels

What do you dislike?

The segmentation and insights part could be made better

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the documentation and use mixpanel debugger

We use it to check the effectiveness of the changes that we make on our website.

Mixpanel review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Best tool for analyzing your website flows"

What do you like best?

It's very flexible if you want to create custom funnels or charts. After good integration with your website all the data is under your hand and you need just to check the charts and improve your website flows.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, I feel very comfortable with this tool. The only negative thing is the expensive price of the service.

Mixpanel allows us to easily find the incorrect flows or steps in flow and fix them. That helps us to improve the website user friendliness and make the customers experience better.

Mixpanel review by Tanmay S.
Tanmay S.

"Good Visualizations and Functionality. Learning Curve for new users is steep"

What do you like best?

Plenty options for visualizations. Good breakup of available data and readymade solutions for most common use cases.

What do you dislike?

Needs the user to be tech-savvy to use tool effectively. Very difficult for new user to figure out how to use and get data out from Mixpanel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend longer time to explore and getting used to the product.

We are using MixPanel to track usage of an APP prepared for our product. Mixpanel helps us look at adoption of the APP and usage based on time dimensions

Mixpanel review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"The ultimate analytics tool"

What do you like best?

I LOVE MIXPANEL! The setup was super easy. And the analytics, oh so good. The ability to track every page view, click, action.... is incredible. This has helped our team tremendously!

What do you dislike?

Would like to see additional tutorials. The tracking on sales (no-login) pages for new users is hard to setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some serious time looking into what you want to track, and have a game plan before implementing. Also, I would recommend using on one feature of your application to start off with and slowly go from there.

Mixpanel review by User in Internet

"Great Tool - Needs More Guidance On Use"

What do you like best?

Completely customizable to your company's needs. You get total visibility into how users engage with your app which is amazing.

What do you dislike?

There are probably many amazing features that are under utilized by my team because the on-boarding for Mix Panel is a bit lacking. I would love if they sent out frequent "how-to" articles or more info around feature releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

By far better than any other product I've used that is comparable.

Growth, retention, engagement, product feature testing.

Mixpanel review by Francesco B.
Francesco B.

"Gestione del digital marketing delle applicazioni"

What do you like best?

Le funzioni costantemente migliorate e l'assistenza del supporto

What do you dislike?

La difficoltà di implementazione e la non precisione dei dati

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gestite bene le voci a cui agganciare gli eventi e attenzione a trigger per le push

Ci ha aiutato nella gestione delle push e delle DEM permettendoci di fare a/b testing e migliorare le performance dei nostri strumenti.

Mixpanel review by Nicola P.
Nicola P.

"Mixpanel: An excellent mix of Analytics and Marketing in one single place"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel provides various point of strength: huge users segmentation capabilities, deep analytics, funnel overview, notification system based on user properties and user behaviors, a layer of API to use for own customized reporting and integrations.

What do you dislike?

Mixpanel price is quite high and the overcome of the monthly thresholds is costly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide well in advance how to segment users assign them right properties, also plan what actually is needed to be track, without exaggerate the amount of data points.

The necessity was to have a single tool where to understand Apps usage, segment Users properly and notify them based on who they are and on what they do within the app, with the main objective to increase retention and LTV.

Mixpanel review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Mixpanel is a great tool for better insights to what your users are doing"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel gives a really great user and event centric view to what's going on in your site. Google Analytics gives you the big picture, but Mixpanel allows us to get into the details.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced things we were trying to do were not possible in the system. Admittedly, I haven't revisited our setup in about 6 months, so some of this might be possible now. They have been adding features rapidly. What we were trying to do was break out their funnel views into a more granular view, being able to segment even further within.

I was also disappointed in their browser breakdown by user. This was very minor, but when trying to narrow down drop-off by browser version, I need to know more than if it's just IE. I need the version.

The setup is pretty simple, but takes effort to get everything working in a way that makes sense for our system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more time you spend thinking about what information you want and how you want to see it, the better your setup will be. After getting the right setup, the tool became much more useful.

Mixpanel allows us to see what users are doing on our site. We find trends, measure feature use, and optimize our designs based on this information.

Mixpanel review by Kalyn N.
Kalyn N.

"Quick and easy in app funnels"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use funnels- very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't see an event in a funnel for a particular number of times. (i.e. customer sent X number of emails)

In app analytics

Mixpanel review by Sneha J.
Sneha J.

"Mixpanel has been fantastic"

What do you like best?

Live view - it also helps in debugging, which I realized only off late :)

What do you dislike?

Live views are not kept for too long, would be good to have them for longer

Analytics, debugging, insights into our users

Mixpanel review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Probably best product for analytics"

What do you like best?

Funnels is the best feature of Mixpanel. It can easily be created and shows us the real time conversion rates on each step.

What do you dislike?

Although setting up is not that that tough, but it is not as easy as Google analytics. Javascript knowledge is required if you need to track events and integrate the code according to the design of the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose this if you want to understand user better by knowing the actions of the user and about the user journey through your app or website.

Use case was to track the websites of the travel domain. Here we tracked each step of the customer journey so that we can know at which step we are losing the customers. Also we used it to understand the behavior of the user on the website, like which buttons are used most, and how they traverse across the website.

Mixpanel review by User

"Need experience to use "

What do you like best?

The tools gives you the ability to Understand every user's journey, Analyze each interaction across the full customer journey . Allows us to customize the costumer funnel

What do you dislike?

Problem differentiating between 'real' and 'spam' clicks sometimes. It can treat bot as if it was a user.

It's not easy to compare two different funnels to one another

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a very good tools. But you need to consider 2 things

1. it's pricey, especially if you are a startup

2. you really need to frill down to it and learn about all features. it's not the most intuitive

It give the option to understand and adjust the user overall flow in the system. Allows for segmentation

Mixpanel review by Piotr M.
Piotr M.

"Alternative for Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

I like MixPanel becouse he presents data difrently. Funnels, retensrion ist the main elements of data presenting. You can create Your own specify funnels for monitoring Your websites oraz system like our sass. I like trends window, it can help You to predict of your future ussers.

What do you dislike?

I have only data from my creating funnels if i don't create my own road for my users i don't get this data. They discontinuing the trends feature within their product it's sad :(

Recommendations to others considering the product

I dont have confidence to recommend this solution

Funell monitoring

Website segmentations

Formulas monitoring

Simple A/B testing

Mixpanel review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great analytics tool"

What do you like best?

1. Having both smartphone app and web app.

2. Dashboard to see results in real-time

3. Free model gives basic insights and creates an exciting feeling of wanting to obtain the paid version.

4. Detail analytics

What do you dislike?

Difficult for a non-IT persons to customise

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool if you are looking for analytics for your company.

User behaviour - with mixed panel we have had an orientation on what services users enjoy the most.

Mixpanel review by Hooman M.
Hooman M.

"Amazing to track funnels and performance of any online product!"

What do you like best?

The ability to create funnels of the past data on the fly as well as tagging the pages is a great approach to analytics! I love how the product is designed and structured to take out the unnecessary data and show you what you need.

What do you dislike?

I like the ability to have the page visits recorded with the main tracking code. This way I can create funnels based on url keywords and don't need to add extra page visit tags to each page to setup funnels easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set it up for your website, funnels and Apps. You will love what you will be finding with the data it collects. It will impact your business for sure!

Marketing and sales funnel analytics.

Mixpanel review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Not perfect but efficient and effective"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel can be useful almost off the bat as it gives you a snippet of javascript and a simple tracking line to add to start seeing data. With this data, you may be able to start making informed decisions.

What do you dislike?

However, manually adding events can become cumbersome. Mixpanel now has a new mode that allows you to set up events through a GUI that overlays your site but does not populate data in all modes(such as Live mode).

I used Mixpanel as an analytical tool. The use was mostly checking the attribution of incoming web traffic. Knowing where traffic was coming from and how they interacted with the site allowed to put the effort in effective areas.

Mixpanel review by Kevin W.
Kevin W.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Powerful query UIs. Clean, simple to use interfaces. Reliable service.

What do you dislike?

JQL could have more intellisense to make writing queries easier.

Understanding how our users use our app, and getting information for debugging issues.

Mixpanel review by David C.
David C.

"Data on your fingertips - great addition to Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

Possibility to track users and attach the events to them. So when you need to know what _this_ user visited, bought or made on your web, you can. And you can add more properties, mix them with another services and ultimately mail them.

What do you dislike?

The setting is not intuitive. I'd recommend to have more step-by-step implementation howtos for different strategies.

There is not the way how to interact with the current visitors via in-page messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with your strategy what data to collect and analyze. Don't do "track everything, let's see what is important".

To know more about our users and what they do on our site.

To understand our typical customers.

Mixpanel review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Works well for event based data but has limitations."

What do you like best?

can see every click if you set this up correctly. Once you are used to it it's a great tool.

What do you dislike?

Really difficult to get your head around. Have to build a lot into the product to get basic events data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really useful but you need someone to set it up at the start - or to help you. A developer would be best. We found this really helpful initially.

Working out how people use our app and learning from it.

"Excellent product analytics"

What do you like best?

This is product-analytics software seemingly designed by product people. They understand the correlations that product managers are looking for and the questions that they're trying to answer.

What do you dislike?

The dashboards could be better - Mixpanel is a great tool for PMs, but getting that value communicated to the rest of the company could be much easier with more robust dashboard options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what questions you want to answer before implementing - it's such a versatile tool with so many options that it's easy to get lost. Make sure you know what you want!

Two questions:

1. Did we build the right thing?

2. Did we build it right?

Mixpanel review by User in Internet

"An essential for any small business. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the event + funnel tracking features. It really helps to know my web pages are converting.

What do you dislike?

There doesn't seem to be an option for small, single-founder, bootstrapped companies. I'd like to take advantage of some of the other features, but can't justify paying $99 per month right now for MixPanel when my business only generates 200-800 dollars per month.

Knowing what channels my buyers came from.

Mixpanel review by User in Internet

"Gain better insights to your user flow"

What do you like best?

Building funnels based on click events is the best way I know to gain an understanding into how users are really using your sight. Funnels allow you to better understand the effect the changes you are making, either positive or negative.

What do you dislike?

There are times were there seems to be voids or large drop offs in the data. Funnels do not always mean what you think or can give conflicting data compared to other analytics on your site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add it to your sight and you will not be disappointed.

Tracking the relevance of clicks and user flow is what we are able to gain insights into. We have been able to run better A/B tests to increase the conversion and time on page on the site.

Mixpanel review by User

"Mixpanel for product and marketing optimization"

What do you like best?

I love that Mixpanel combines customer and aggregate level data to really allow you to both understand trends and your users.

What do you dislike?

I think at times it is challenging to use the aggregate data in an efficient way so you still need to pair it with a web analytics tool for those quick level reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that this will only be as successful as you are in developing the measurement plan and engaging your development team in implementing the data as well as validating it's success. It is a big commitment to tracking important actions on your site and the dev and product team have to be fully invested to make the use efficient..

Understanding customer registration and engagement flow and what sources drive engaged users. We were able to isolate our most loyal users to engage them in our ambassador and growth efforts.

Mixpanel review by David H.
David H.

"MixPanel: Great product but some short comings"

What do you like best?

The ability to create pipelines of user activity is really great. You can see the when and how of user activity flow and perhaps best of all see how long the interstitial time is between the initiation and completion of events/tasks is.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the user records and events are in 2 separate DBs makes it it very difficult to bind users to the events unless you duplicate a lot of data in the even databases. Also lack or complete relational comparisons in drill downs (can only do ANDs) is a rather large oversight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

spend a lot of time thinking about the names of your events; once you start using these events you cannot get rid of them short of wiping out your DB and starting again.

Discovered of user activations and task completion processes. Also analysis of how users discover and use product features

Mixpanel review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Be careful of their pricing model"

What do you like best?

Simple easy interface that is quick to learn and good for a small team just launching a product.

What do you dislike?

Predatory pricing model if you start to grow they treat you like a prisoner. We were charged a $25,000 overage for a single month but offer a way to avoid it by signing up to a nearly $100k annual contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let your devs sign any annual contracts and review the fine print so you understand if and when you can get hit with "overage" charges which are completely unreasonable and designed to give them leverage to effectively force you into bigger upgrades.

When you are small it is a quick and easy to use integration for mobile audience BI. It helped with daily analysis of our growing app audience, churn, troubleshooting, trend analysis.

Mixpanel review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

"Mix panel for analytics "

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is very intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I hate having to figure out how to use analytics.

Finding out what articles and pages are doing best so I know what to post about.

Mixpanel review by Josu G.
Josu G.

"Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

The support works really well. They are always willing to help, answering in less than a day.

And comparing to the competence, Mixpanel offers cool features like easy A/B testing and in-app surveys.

What do you dislike?

The price of the product when you grow in users is too high. For a startup it is difficult to afford it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the Mixpanel partner program in order to increase the free plan.

We are using Mixpanel as app-analytics tool. Funnels, retention tables and surveys are helping us to analyze customer reaction to the changes in our product.

Mixpanel review by Jay M.
Jay M.

"Great for quick insights, but more difficult for custom analytics"

What do you like best?

It's great for getting quick insights without writing any queries.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't give you as much freedom to get the information you're looking for. We use periscope more often.

Determining how our features are used by our customers

Mixpanel review by Fernando F.
Fernando F.

"Excellent platform"

What do you like best?

Very easy to implement and Great usabillity.

What do you dislike?

Gets expensive quickly

I don't understand the difference between engagement and people tools.

Customer usage

Customer experience

Customer engagement

Mixpanel review by Vadim P.
Vadim P.

"Love this product"

What do you like best?

channel analytics is the best and also great that they have option to make back-end integration

What do you dislike?

pricing is not easy for startups, but fine for agency

Recommendations to others considering the product

try and love it)

back-end analytics

Mixpanel review by Chang C.
Chang C.

"Great tracking the reporting tool"

What do you like best?

It has powerful built - in reporting with easy set up.

We are a SAAS company and the AARRR metrics is very easy to set up and monitor in Mixpanel.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet, but I can expect the price of Mixpanel to be high when our session increased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, easy to set up. Powerful reporting options.

The customer support is also helpful and available.

User behavior tracking and analysis to help grow the business.

Easy to set up and use, saved our marketer tons of time to set up.

Mixpanel review by User in Internet

"Solid tool for tracking events"

What do you like best?

The funnels work very well. They allow you to easily define your rules for the events you are interested in. It has a very clean and intuitive UI. The "Live View" is another feature I turn to often.

As a developer, I like their suite of client and server side integration APIs and the documentation is comprehensive.

What do you dislike?

Outside of funnels, I don't use Mixpanel for most of my digital analytics needs. With the limited scope of features that I use, everything works as expected so there's not much to dislike.

We use Mixpanel to track how users engage with a new feature and create metrics around the registered events to determine the success of the developed features.

Mixpanel review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Mixpanel for CS"

What do you like best?

I like the level of detail we can collect on our customers - it allows us to gather insights and monitor how successful customers are using our app, so we can enable new customers with best practices. The graphs are customizable & allow you to view your data over time for analysis.

What do you dislike?

Not entirely user friendly in the setup if you do not have a developer background. I'd like more tools to work with predictive behavior - we need to be able to forecast churn and expansion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a developer available to setup your account!

We use Mixpanel to collect metrics on our customers feature usage and analyze in-app behavior. We have been able to gain more tangible insights into adoption and areas for improvement.

"Great services, overpriced"

What do you like best?

The ability to view segments, filter them according to conclusions and then view any property is super useful.

What do you dislike?

The service is overpriced, at the 2 last companies I worked at my budget didn't allow me to use MixPanel as I wanted

I use it for game design, by learning about the behavior of my players I am able to fine tune features.

Mixpanel review by Eli O.
Eli O.

"Mixpanel: Great for entry and expert"

What do you like best?

Mixpanel is great at taking a complex solution and making it simple. The amount of data Mixpanel can store is incredible.

What do you dislike?

The downside: Mixpanel is only accurate if you set it up accurately. We've had a few users who know no JS struggle with events.

Mixpanel has served as a database overlay -- helps solve the gap for those that don't use SQl.

Mixpanel review by Mary P.
Mary P.

"Quick peak at who is signing up"

What do you like best?

It lets me see who all is signing up. It summarized that

What do you dislike?

I can't think if anything I dislike about mixpanel. It has a lot of features I still want to learn about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for checking how customers are traveling through your site.

It is a quick way to check on my customers... when they question, I can find them and solve their problems by looking at where they have been on the site...and for how long

Mixpanel review by Alyssa A.
Alyssa A.

"Super powerful and easy to use software"

What do you like best?

I love that you can set up your own flows. This allows you to track very particular actions that people take on your site making it simple to A/B test for solutions. My product team and marketing team both loved and used this feature often.

What do you dislike?

I'm generally a fan of this software, I don't have too many complaints.

Testing to create better conversion (signup, product flows, content)

Mixpanel review by User in Computer Software

"very useful event tracking for apps"

What do you like best?

I love the segmentation functionality that allows me to track changes for a certain event over time and compare between certain properties, such as device type or OS.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I actively dislike, but haven't fully tried all the features either.

We use it primarily to track certain events in our mobile and browser applications. It helps us determine which features are being used and which are underused, thus promoting additional messaging and education.

"Best analytics platform"

What do you like best?

That I can see data in real-time. Also, the interface is very intuitive and simple.

What do you dislike?

Free plan is too limited, other plans are too expensive for what I need. There's nothing in between.

- Detecting which features of my mobile apps are the most/least popular and their correlation with retention.

- Understanding how users interact with my apps.

Mixpanel review by User

"Lots there, but could be more user-friendly for the not-so-tech savvy"

What do you like best?

The graphing functions allow me to share valuable data with clients in a visual, transferable way.

What do you dislike?

The only way I would put myself over to a promoter score would be if there was a guided walkthrough when I logged in. Lots of customer success managers like myself, with less data experience, use Mixpanel, and sometimes I need to bug developers on my team to get stuff done. All in all, I probably could learn more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to watch a webinar, and train on the product.

Client success issues, UX design, etc.

Mixpanel review by Alida M.
Alida M.

"Great for fast, cheap funnels but not always intuitive "

What do you like best?

I use MixPanel anytime I'm trying to track user behavior through a series of events. The funnels are detailed, easy-to-read, and most importantly, simple to show and explain to those less familiar with analytics tools.

The customer service is phenomenal. I was used to other analytics tools (my clients tend to like big-name tools that they have exposure to like Google Analytics), and decided to give MixPanel a try. Within a week of setting up an account, I went through a live demo of how to use it. Anytime I had a question or trouble with some bug, I got a quick response. And this was without putting any money down to start!

What do you dislike?

I conduct SEO and SEM audits on websites, build a strategy for whatever their goal is, and then leave behind the tools they need to take over. MixPanel is not like MOZ or KISSmetrics where I can leave simple instructions and someone on the team can pick up where I left off. They're always rolling out new features, and the interface can feel cluttered or confusing.

It's also mostly the tool I turn to for funnels - if I'm trying to track something more complex, I'll probably try MOZ first. As far as A/B testing, I pretty much always turn to Optimizely out of habit. But, I'm starting to play around more with the mobile A/B testing tools MixPanel offers, and I have to say, they're solid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to tracking multiple events and love funnels, this is absolutely the best tool. If you're more interested in segmentation or really custom reports, I'd stick with MOZ and/or KISSmetrics. I tend to like Optimizely for A/B testing. But then again, I use all of them in conjunction, and I think it's worth it.

I started using MixPanel to track how users engaged with newly launched sharing features on a social e-commerce platform. Now I use it mostly to see how users respond to new prompts and move through site architecture for a variety of my clients. I've started trying out their new A/B features as well. So far, so good.

Mixpanel review by Luis d.
Luis d.

"Data driven product decision making"

What do you like best?

I have both analytics and people product for free, it's great when bootstrapping a product.

What do you dislike?

Pricing, if I switch to a paid plan I will have less usage available

Product analytics, see what's going on with my product and being able to take action on users based on actions they have performed (or haven't)

Mixpanel review by Robert H.
Robert H.

"Top Quality Mobile-Analytics Platform"

What do you like best?

Simple to integrate. Can drill down to specific details - e.g location of customer, and phone type.

The free signup programme (in exchange for putting the mixpanel logo on your website) is a great system to help small companies get going.

What do you dislike?

Complicated to use if not experienced with analytics tools.

Mobile-commerce platform - trying to track customer flow through our funnel. Benefit is being able to view drop-off points clearly and amend the product.

Mixpanel review by User

"Pretty Good tool for Deeper Analytics"

What do you like best?

I like the UI and how fast I can get to the reports I want. Makes it really intuitive to get summary reports.

What do you dislike?

Customization is pretty limited. The dashboarding feature needs a lot of work!

Filtering needs work as well

Mostly growth related! Quickly summarizing experiment results and looking at custom reports have been beneficial in taking some key product decisions

Mixpanel review by Andrés Francisco B.
Andrés Francisco B.

"Excellent, any analytic question can be answered with mixpanel"

What do you like best?

I am able to have in detail information about user profiles, so I can not only track but even react to certain user actions.

What do you dislike?

There is not an easy option to delete user profiles

Recommendations to others considering the product

Document your tracking plan to have a clear implementation

Monitoring user actions to automate follow up to users.