MobileIron EMM

Enabling global companies to embrace mobility with an Enterprise Mobility Management platform to secure and manage devices, apps, and content. Industry leaders go Mobile First with MobileIron.

Work for MobileIron EMM?

Learning about MobileIron?

MobileIron EMM Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 21 MobileIron reviews
MobileIron review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Mobileiron"

What do you like best?

Main admin console has many features and easy to learn once you know the terms. Reporting features and dashboard allow for easy analysis. DEP and KNOX integration has worked well and allowed for a lot of automation where before it would result in a call to our help desk or we would have to bring in a 3rd party vendor. Mobileiron partners with many companies to find a solution and/or integration.

What do you dislike?

The cost over time has been a pain point for what we do with the MDM. Support is good overall however some times we are referred to paying for their professional services when they feel an issue is too complicated just to find the solution on our end and question if we really should have to pay extra since we are already paying for support. We are on prem and we keep getting pushed to go to cloud services or purchase enhanced security features when we don't really have a good case study for it. Certificate management and upgrading software can sometimes be more than realized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company is different the way they may want to mange their devices so do your homework and look around at all MDM solutions like with any large investment. Make sure you know what you want to do now and what is coming down the pipeline. There are many MDM's to choose from but in the end we are happy with Mobileiron's product and their company.

DEP and KNOX were two big automation features I was able to add which have allowed for much easier roll outs to be done and give us the ability to push applications to users without the need for them to call in or create an itunes or gmail account. This also reduced and eliminated a lot of associates needing to call in for when they recieve new equipment. We are starting to look more into Google and office 365 to allow us to be more mobile then before.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MobileIron EMM
MobileIron review by User

"Great easy access for secure remote work/email connection "

What do you like best?

I like how I am able to access my work email which is secure and utilize this mobile access to check emails or work remotely when needed. I am always connected after initial setup and do not have to continuously reconnect or revalidate which allows for greater efficiency when accessing work information.

What do you dislike?

I only dislike that it needs to be re set up when you get a new phone even if its registered under the same person/number/email but for the most part that is what is expected. I also do not like the required 6 digit password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up in coordination with your tech department before remote access is needed to ensure everything goes smoothly and you can access as soon as you need it.

The problem of being unable to access work documents, emails, and information due to heightened security of your company is completely solved. This has brought the benefit of always being on call and connected with my work.

What Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution do you use?

MobileIron review by <span>Kris K.</span>
Kris K.

"MobileIron - A clean, solid and useable MDM!"

What do you like best?

Mobile Iron EMM has an excellent GUI with and was easy to set up (we have the cloud instance and it was up and running within about a week).

The price point was competitive and is easily customisable.

In the 6 months we have been using this, we have migrated all of our legacy Blackberry users from a pre merged firm with 2 x BES environments to an integrated firm with ease.

Device migrations were complete within 10 weeks.

What do you dislike?

The API restriction for Windows mobile devices are irritating, but that is more down to Microsoft restrictions than Mobile Iron.

The 'Dashboard' graphics aren't customisable enough but i guess the biggest annoyance is that that Mobile iron won't report back an amended number in a device without additional work.

e.g. You enrol a device with a number, but then port a number in - that field does not update automatically - annoying for asset management cross referencing.

Indirect support (ie through a reseller - can be slow) We are UK based so have the PST wait for most tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take out a trial. I have used MI and Xenmobile - whilst both have a lot of similarities - MI, for me is my preferred MDM.

A move away from Blackberry (always late to the party).

More professional looking devices, with apps that mean our staff can do chargeable work on their device.

We are WinMo - but my users now have Time Recording, Digital Dictation, Mimecast Mobile and SKYPE for business - something BES lacked.

MobileIron review by <span>Martin H.</span>
Martin H.

"Mobileiron from a senior EMM consultants view. "

What do you like best?

The core plattforms bring all valuable settings into one easy overviewed GUI.

Putting the administrator in the driving seat for the mobile first organisation w.o compromising on any terms of user experience or security.

Mobileiron's product forums for customers is a great way of sharing information and ideas on how to make sure that you're company stay's on mobile first highway.

What do you dislike?

To dislike something is pretty far from this perspective but I would be glad if a more easy to use "Report Center" would be introduced in the upcoming releases.

To setup .xls exports running on specific schema and with specific value's sent to the right people by email securely on the inside of the organisation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to implement the Sentry function and buy at least a Gold level license.

The Features you think that will be over you're aim today will become tomorrow's standard features for the users.

The load of headache have seriously been lowered to a more adequate level by keeping all the devices the way that our policys says.

The power to actually making sure that user's follow everything and the possibility to making sure that they follow what we have been saying in the policy.

Easy to setup different settings based out of AD membership, device value's or Pre defined value's.

Making sure that the end-user's input will be limited to just what's necessary and the letting the plattform do all the hard work.

MobileIron review by User in Information Technology and Services

"RUN AWAY! This is the definition of "Bad product that was cheaper, but still isn't worth it!""

What do you like best?

The best thing about this product suite is that or IT department has relented, and now we have the option to delete if from our IOS devices and use something else instead.

What do you dislike?

Our company migrated to Email+ from a competitive platform ("Good Software"), in an effort to save money. It was not for feature gain, more functionality, or better security... it was cheaper. No matter how much less Email+ costs, it is still not worth it. There are soooo many bugs, snags, and "undocumented features" that I rarely bother to boot the thing up anymore. It is VERY slow, and you have to wait for downloads every single time you change email folders. I get dozens of emails per hour, so I spend 5 minutes waiting for downloads every single time. Once downloaded, the messages don't always appear correctly formatted, and at times, don't even display the full text. Trying to schedule something in your calendar or editing a current meeting is the same thing as not having a meeting. I can not stand this product, and I have not met a person in our company yet who said "gee this is a solid product".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drink heavily to forget the pain it will bring you.

I feel the only redeeming use for this electronic manure is that I have created jobs for people in the tech support industry to keep this thing cobbled together and limping along.

MobileIron review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Last option for MDM"

What do you like best?

Promises from sales team

Beautiful description of the apps

What do you dislike?

The worst part about the MI is their undeveloped support for the product. The company vision is clearly to sell the product, and not to invest in support. We have Premium subscription, and it is a joke.

Initial implementation cost is very high compared to other vendors.

Total cost of ownership in the long term is excessively high.

Apps are very buggy and do not work with many Android devices as promised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please look into other solutions, such as ManageEngine.

Prepare yourself for hidden costs of operation down the road. (Implementation, Administration, Maintenance)

Secure email and files access.

Data leak prevention

MobileIron review by <span>Kevin B.</span>
Kevin B.

"Mobility Management is essential"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of the product to work in various different nodes such as "kiosk" for our deployments in retail environments mean that we are entirely secure but user experience is unaffected

What do you dislike?

Mobile Iron is competitive in the market place but the app eco system could be more fluid

Multiple modes for different environments allowing flexibility and management of device/data and especially mail

MobileIron review by <span>Luigi V.</span>
Luigi V.

"A great MDM Solution"

What do you like best?

Mobileiron give to the IT staff the full control of the mobile devices enviromnet. It permit to stop the device based threat vectors. the network based threat vector and the user based threat vectors. The solution implements the authentications, the remote wipe the encryption the secure browsing and a lot of other fuctions.

What do you dislike?

in some funtion is lack of reporting features. Some time deploy apps is a tricky function

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a proxy mdm feature that permitt to track all user activity mobileiron is the best mdm for that user experience,

With Mobileiron you can securing your enterprise content on mobile devices

MobileIron review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great for removing in with corporate offices. "

What do you like best?

We have 1000 locations across the USA. It's hard to have IT in all states. It helps to be able to call corporate and have someone remote in and help with any issues we have with our iPads. Great feature and hands on too.

What do you dislike?

It is only usable with corporate which I'm sure is a safety and monitoring issue but sucks when you need help right away and no one is free to help or you are on hold waiting for help.

It helps with all things work related. Benefits is that we get to be helped from a remote site and problems get resolved.

MobileIron review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"MobileIron EMM"

What do you like best?

MobileIron works for what we need it for at this time.

What do you dislike?

Often when calling in for support or opening a case I have to use my account rep to get the support escalated so someone will call me back.

Conflicting stories when calling for support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

when escalating an issue call and open a case and follow up. Don't wait for them to get back with you. Also, realize that there will be add on sales. They will tell you that you will get xyz, but z actually comes in the next level of service.

Control of BYOD devices. Control over policies for firm owned equipment. Everything is within one portal.

MobileIron review by User in Internet

"Well architected software"

What do you like best?

Well architected software. It does not cause battery drain. It does not crash. It does consume mobile data unnecessarily.

What do you dislike?

Setup is smooth but can be made better. It is still convoluted and requires an IT person to be present.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it. Your users would love it and you won't have to worry about company's data leak due to missing device security.

Mobile device management

MobileIron review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Hassle-free and efficient mobility management solution"

What do you like best?

The setup was quick and the administration interface is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There are few issues related to certificates and authorization as a result but I guess those are somethings which get resolved in the patches. Otherwise, hassle-free as I mentioned

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and with the way they are evolving it will be the best in the market very soon

We were able to control the rogue devices more effectively as a result it gives a boost to the corporate BYOD plans.

MobileIron review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Security for your work on the field"

What do you like best?

You won't have to worry about losing your phone and leaking out your clients private information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that my work place might be able to view my personal emails on my phone.

This solves the problem of leaking patients health care information for nurses on the field. You won't jeopardize your company from hipaa violation.

MobileIron review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Compliance Software"

What do you like best?

The best part of this product was it allowed us to keep or field technicians in compliance.We were able to limit bloatware from being downloaded and prevent technicians from using apps that created a liability.

What do you dislike?

The application only allowed updated after the iPads were turned off and on again. Many technicians don't turn their devices off or long periods of time, not allowing our information to stay up to date. Making that behavioral change proved to be a hassle for our large task force.

We use Mobili Iron to prevent technicians from downloading non-compliant applications and to track stolen devices.

MobileIron review by User in Financial Services

"Great"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and available right on my phone

What do you dislike?

That you can enter in any PIN and it will generate a code. The code will be invalid if the pin was invalid

Working remotely but securely

MobileIron review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Usability is a hindrance"

What do you like best?

Not much. Mobile Iron is something our company decided to use but this really hinders our phone use. Even if this isn't their fault, the fact that it changes my pw requirements to an 8 digit from a simple 4 is painful.

What do you dislike?

Really interrupts my phone use. I really don't like the accompanying software tied to this.

Security for company phones but it doesn't benefit me as a user

MobileIron review by User in Computer Software

"Useless"

What do you like best?

I use it because my company requires it. I have yet to see any benefits as compared to mye xperiences at previous companies that didnt't require it.

What do you dislike?

Email doesn't always sync, and even when I manually refresh it, they still don't come through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't

see above

MobileIron review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"A+"

What do you like best?

Easily able to connect to my companies VPN and remain secure.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the connection randomly drops out.

Easily can connect to VPN and see connection status and stay secure.

MobileIron review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"MobileIron EMM"

What do you like best?

The User Interface allows for quick understanding of the situation

What do you dislike?

Login in can sometimes lock users out of the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

User access to person info

MobileIron review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"a great EMM solution"

What do you like best?

Mobile Iron delivers best of breed EMM functionality. The system upgrade is very simple .

What do you dislike?

MobileIron product is very good and efficient. Currently there are no minuses for me

Protection of e-mail and company data

MobileIron review by <span>Peter B.</span>
Peter B.

"Good Mobile Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I was a user of this tool about a year ago and never had any issues with my corporate phone. Very pleased and security pushes were never a problem. From talking to our IT scurity team, they were very pleased with product.

What do you dislike?

From a users' perspective, I had no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for all IT shops that have a Mobile strategy.

Learning about MobileIron EMM?

* We monitor all MobileIron EMM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.