Mode Analytics

Mode Analytics

Mode is an analytics platform that helps data driven teams analyze, visualize, and share data.

Work for Mode Analytics?

Learning about Mode Analytics?

Mode Analytics Reviews

Ask Mode Analytics a Question
Showing 37 Mode Analytics reviews
Mode Analytics review by Mihir T.
Mihir T.

"Perfect for extremely limited and specific use cases; needs work to scale for larger orgs"

What do you like best?

Mode is incredibly lightweight (in-browser app) and easy to learn for novice SQL users. It has a relatively friendly query editor that allows quick switching between different data sources, simple plotting, and easy drag-and-drop report generation. The product is most suited for data analysts and scientists to perform quick-turnaround analysis and share insights.

What do you dislike?

Mode is missing several key features that hold it back from scaling in our organization. Fundamentally, analysts and scientists support other business-unit customers, many of whom need regularly-updating dashboards with the ability to perform interactive drill-downs and post-query calculations. Mode supports neither use case.

Even though it is geared towards quick analysis and report-sharing, Mode is limited to 10,000 rows per query and quickly becomes buggy and unstable for larger record sets, or for reports with many (20+) queries. This puts it in an unfortunate intersection of being neither flexible enough for non-analysts nor powerful enough for analysts.

There is no staging / development environment or Github integration, making version control difficult. We have taken to using a stack of SublimeText / Github / Mode for versioning and reproducibility, which adds overhead to every analyst's workflow and makes modification especially difficult for non-analyst stakeholders.

We also find that feature releases are haphazard and their product roadmap remains a mystery. I'm not clear what Mode's vision is for their product: whether they are trying to capture the non-analyst space, or maximize utility within the limited analyst and non-analyst intersection described above. Feature releases are often buggy or poorly communicated, resulting in breakages (e.g. graphs suddenly look weird) and requiring more reactive maintenance than desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Identify your use cases and workflows, and think critically about whether Mode will handle them. Ask questions about whether Mode will also scale to handle where your workflows might go.

Mode solves the problem of quick analysis very well. A prior workflow of:

- SQL query in editor of your choice

- Export to computer

- Analyze locally in R or Python

- Drop into PowerPoint

has been almost. completely eliminated with Mode, which performs an end-to-end solution for the above (provided that the data sets are small, and no post-hoc drilldowns are needed). In that sense, it enhances productivity. But its limitations have also suppressed productivity and opened conversations about whether another product is more appropriate for the scale of our org.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mode Analytics
Mode Analytics review by Arvind R.
Arvind R.

"Headed in the right direction, but still a long way to go"

What do you like best?

It's query editor is very easy to use, and allows people to quickly get access to the database and start writing queries. There are helpful views of the schemas and columns that allows new users to familiarize themselves with our data model rather quickly. The ability to set parameters on reports (essentially filters that allow users to change query values) allows for very flexible queries that can be adjusted based on the end user. Definitions are another great feature that allow me to save commonly-used snippets of SQL. This allows for more consistent analysis across our org, and also saves me a lot of time since I don't have to re-write the name subqueries over and over. Also, their Customer Support team is super responsive and always incredibly helpful.

What do you dislike?

It's fundamentally not a BI tool. Mode is more of 'nice-to-have' tool that makes lightweight analysis more convenient, and allows people to share cool insights with each other. That said, it falls short in some areas when compared to other BI tools on the market. Here are some examples of things that are missing:

1. No separation of Development and Production environments. This can make it tricky to collaborate on dashboards and reports with other people, since changes will get overwritten when working on things simultaneously.

2. Lack of a GitHub Integration. It is not currently possible to set up a peer-review process, since there is no concept of opening a PR in GitHub to merge changes into production. At my prior company, we would have modifications to dashboards and reports reviewed by at least one other member of the analytics team to help catch mistakes. This is not possible with Mode, since there isn't a GitHub integration. This also makes it difficult to make global changes across all your queries (for example if a table name changes).

3. Limited post-query modifications. I have worked with other BI tools that allow you to do things like add running totals, row sums, column sums, etc. by allowing you to perform calculations on query results themselves. With Mode, you have to specify every additional calculation you want in the query itself, which leads to a lot of unnecessarily complicated and redundant queries.

4. No way to drill down into charts. A very common request when looking at a chart is to see the underlying data. For example, when looking at a chart that shows the number of churned customers every month, people often want to know the 'actual' customer list that churned on a given month. In BI tools at past companies, people have been able to access this data with a click (i.e. click on a data point to see the line items that make up that data point). The lack of this feature in Mode leads to additional workload for the analytics team since people ask for the underlying data fairly often.

Outside of these areas, Mode does tend to be a little buggy, with the UI not responding as expected, tooltips freezing on the screen, and other minor issues that pop up from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mode is headed in the right direction, but they are so far behind other BI tools in key areas I can't recommend them as the main BI tool for any size of company. They lack of a GitHub integration is a huge pain, and gets very difficult to easily create beautiful dashboards (it's possible, but everything has to be custom CSS and JS). They have no data modeling laying, which makes queries unnecessarily complicated. They have addressed some of these gaps over the past few months, but they still have a long way to go.

Mode allows us to provide widespread transparency into our business. We have a set of basic dashboards that keeps people up to date on many of our key metrics. In addition, the existence of answers to basic data questions encourages people to think more deeply about what drives our business forward. It also reduces the number of redundant requests our analytics team gets, and gives us time to dig into the more meaningful problems we can solve.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

Mode Analytics review by Melia V.
Melia V.

"Mode Analytics lets you use regular old SQL to its full potential for data analytics."

What do you like best?

Mode Analytics lets you use regular old SQL to its full potential for data analytics. It is fast, efficient, and lets me get whatever I need out of our data warehouse formatted the way I want it. I've used several other BI tools that do a poor job of trying to cobble together a SQL query for you, which can be very frustrating, especially if you know SQL and already know what you want.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could more easily build advanced visualizations without needing to know HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

We use Mode to get quick answers to a lot of ad hoc analysis questions. It is great because everyone is looking at the same query (instead of many different people trying to write their own separate queries), and you can send a link directly to the report. The greatest benefit is that Mode enables the business user to get updated info on their own whenever they need it just be re-running the report.

Mode Analytics review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"Always Room for Improvement"

What do you like best?

If the script encounters an error there's usually a very coherent description of what the error is and where it's located. That alone acted as a tutorial to learn SQL.

What do you dislike?

There are too many glitches and bugs. For example, display builder will properly display null values as blanks, but the charts will aggregate blanks as "0"s and lower averages. Highlighting a section of the chart to examine the stats and then updating the chart will freeze the examined section of the chart, and this will remain frozen throughout the entire page until I refresh. Dragging charts in the report builder is difficult if the screen size isn't exactly 100%, and I keep it at 90%.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick to pulling source data and make charts in a secondary program.

The data warehouse allows us to efficiently archive our data on a secured, backed-up server that currently provides more stability than if we were to create our own.

Mode Analytics review by Koltyn P.
Koltyn P.

"Glitches and flaws, but headed in the right direction"

What do you like best?

Help articles, ability to add parameters with liquid, Python school, quick and thorough replies to chats, doesn't log me out

What do you dislike?

- For users who do not know Python, the charting options are limited and the color schemes are too few.

-There are glitches in the report builder where if your screen size is not at 100%, you cannot rearrange the charts.

- If you have several queries in one report, and you have not removed the Display Table from Report Builder, the interface gets glitchy.

- On occasion, a "hover bubble" from a chart becomes fixed on the screen until the whole site is refreshed.

- Can't set up subscriptions with a variety of parameters, so we have to use 10 different reports of the exact same query but different parameters (soon to be 20) which means 20x the time and room for error in data cleansing.

- If two people are working in the same report simultaneously and one saves, the other loses all their work. Wish it were a bit more like GDoc platform in that sense

- Very difficult to distribute reports to all those in the company who need it. We've resorted to Gmail forwarding to get daily reports out to over 200 people

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to embed/send to users outside of those with Mode access, make sure to consider/select plan accordingly.

- Customer Support agent level KPIs

- Volume tracking

- CRM activity

- Replacement %s

- have found many benefits...we didn't have a database prior to this so combining reports via Excel was nearly impossible, let alone sloooooooooooooow

Mode Analytics review by Sameer S.
Sameer S.

"Mode as SQL Editor / Embedded BI"

What do you like best?

Mode's team is clearly technically savvy and security-focused. Every time we approach a corner case or a new feature, we notice that Mode has approached it in a straightforward way, with security as its default.

What do you dislike?

There are a few lingering bugs (such as my browser grinding to a halt when I pull up a JSON column), but these are the types of issues I'm sure will be addressed soon. I'd also still like to be able to host Mode on my own infrastructure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend these guys enough. We are paying less than half of what we were paying for our previous BI tool, and have far better output.

We needed a SQL analytical platform for our technical services team. We wanted a more powerful, easier-to-use replacement for the BI solution that we had integrated into our app. Mode delivered both, ridiculously well.

Its SQL editor is top-notch, and as an added bonus lets us use Python when SQL's not up to the job. As an embedded BI tool, we can now make reports far more quickly than we could have hoped to before -- and because Mode allows us access to the raw HTML, we have been able to style our reporting so that it looks exactly like our app.

Mode Analytics review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"My recommended platform"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to share queries, reports, and dashboards. It's so important for everyone to my organization to have access to our data, and Mode makes this possible

What do you dislike?

The one thing I don't like is that when multiple people work on different subqueries within a given report at the same time, it's very easy to lose changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would always recommend Mode, and I even argue with my boss that we should use it more for dashboards instead of Tableau because it's so much easier

We use Mode for our datasets all the time. We have broadband data on public school districts, and we use Mode to summarize which districts have the best connections, who could use our help, and also to find what data we are missing.

All of the reports we build in Mode get used by various people throughout the organization, so it's critical that they're easy to share everyone.

Mode Analytics review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"We love Mode!"

What do you like best?

At my place of work we use Mode for all of our analytics needs. As someone who is not incredibly technical myself, I find Mode to be a great way to view all of our data in a well-presented way.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the Edit function. I find it very difficult to edit any of our dashboards without negatively affecting the other boards. I've tried multiple time and it feels very convoluted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mode is a great tool, but you'll definitely need members on your team who are familiar with SQL and have a very good understanding of how to construct graphs and display data. To a non-data analyst, some items are confusing, but once figured out, Mode is a great tool for visually displaying data.

We have not been a data driven company until the last few years. With a fully staffed data team, Mode has been a huge help in getting us the insights we need, while meeting the needs of both product and data teams.

Mode Analytics review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Agile Business Intelligence for startups"

What do you like best?

The low-cost of the solution compared to bigger BI name, the ability to add extra levels of functionality to the reports using Mode javascript library, the pace at which the Mode team adds new features to the tool

What do you dislike?

It can feels a bit limited regarding the feature level and it does not feel as swift as more expensive solutions. It is also not so friendly for non-technical users

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go, it may surprise you. In order to make the most, make sure to have someone proficient in SQL with an understanding of JS / HTML / Python look at the documentation and community contents. As it is, the tool works quite well but the best parts lies in all the extra hacks around it.

Using business analysts to create reporting tools rather than engineering team in order to increase the productivity of the team globally.

Mode Analytics review by Eyal E.
Eyal E.

"Mode is our primary tool for Analytics. We use it A LOT, cross-company, and are generally very happy"

What do you like best?

Ability to share specific RESULTS

Ability to work with NATIVE SQL code

What do you dislike?

Lack of agile/ad-hoc exploration/drill

Not easy to organize data for intuitive navigation of users between reports.

- Dashboards for monitoring metrics (on top of daily server/data processes) - helps everyone in the company stay up to date, and react to anomalies relatively fast.

- Pre-built dynamic reports are used regularly by teams, enabling them to make data-driven day-to-day decisions about creative/content and marketing, without need for dev or BI team's involvement

- It is the main tool that we use for analysis of behavior, relative to features, activities, user-segments, time, etc. for coming up with actionable insights.

Mode Analytics review by User in Internet

"Nible and user Friendly SQL based BI tool"

What do you like best?

"Democratic" tool to empower analysts to access our data warehouses. Sleek and easy to use UI makes SQL based reporting easier. Great tutorial and open source data for training.

What do you dislike?

Requires specialized internal resources to support. Online training and tutorials may not be sufficient for novices to SQL based BI tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build out internal support such as "office hours" for users to get hands on training and help. Due to the self service nature of the tool it's important to have well defined schemas and definitions for data analyzed in Mode.

Nimble and fast reporting. Fully customizable solutions allows to het data we need fast and easy.

Mode Analytics review by Katie S.
Katie S.

"Great for Keeping Track of Stats "

What do you like best?

I like that it gives me the up to date metrics I need so that I can track my stats and also get the data I need so I can see where I am preforming best and where I need to improve.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can not think of anything I dislike

Being able to see my audience and who my main targets are, also know where my audience is strongest, what they seem to like most and work on improving the content to keep them coming back and attract more visitiors.

Mode Analytics review by Gavin M.
Gavin M.

"Mode is Excellent for Easy SQL"

What do you like best?

Mode makes taking SQL data and using it to create effective visualizations easy. Connecting to BigQuery or other databases is simple, and the resulting visualizations cover most common use cases.

What do you dislike?

The quality of visualizations within the normal plans are good, but not competitive with higher-tier visualization platforms. This can be accomplished on the plus plan, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really evaluate your visualization and SQL processing needs. Mode is great for most use cases.

Highlight utilization and event analytics.

Mode Analytics review by Mansi S.
Mansi S.

"Senior Product Analyst"

What do you like best?

easy to look up tables and easy to create and edit sql queries

What do you dislike?

I want more flexibility on ordering non numerical axis, I want faster chart creation for bigger queries and I want the white space on the sides to be taken off

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a sql editor that allows BI the mode analytics is a good tool if you dont need total control

I want sql editor and tableau combined in 1

This allows the data team to be nimble

Mode Analytics review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"Game-changer that needs some additional polish"

What do you like best?

Querying our data warehouse in Mode is a far superior (and safer) experience compared to using tools such as pgAdmin or command-line tools. It strikes a needed balance between snazzy data visualization and flexible data manipulation. Their customer service is also fairly responsive.

What do you dislike?

Data visualization options are somewhat limited (though growing) and sometimes a little frustrating to work with. Database connection stability was buggy for a while, but is improving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a tech-savvy set of employees and are more concerned about delivering data results than crisp visualizations, Mode is an invaluable tool.

Our entire company uses Mode to learn about our data, from the data scientists and engineers all the way to the field and operations folks.

Mode Analytics review by Phillip R.
Phillip R.

"Good enough for the price"

What do you like best?

- Create simple reports and dashboards using SQL relatively quickly.

- Lots of visualization options

- Integrates with lots of sources well

- Much cheaper then alternatives.

What do you dislike?

- No github support or integration, so change management is quite difficult. Keeping a bunch of cloned reports up to date with all changes is very time consuming. Also can't easily test in dev environments locally.

- Can't automate report delivery to external users

- Scheduled reports are a bit limited in configuration options

- Could use syntax highlighting on SQL

- The UI gets laggy on large reports

- Can't export pivot tables to XLS

We use it to generate customer reporting, monitor account performance and to produce training tdata-sets.

Mode Analytics review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"Easy to use, nice graphs, room for improvement, nice experience overall"

What do you like best?

Easy to use in most cases, getting things done easily. Graphs look nice in the KPI with the dynamic view. Reports are easy to be shared and presented.

What do you dislike?

The filter function is not well developed yet, including the name of the filters cannot be customized easily and it's not too user-friendly in terms of setting the filters up and for other people to use, would be great if there can be a reminder of how to use the filter when the viewer hover over it.

The export function doesn't work too well. There are some queries I have to make just to generate a filter based on up-to-date data, which I don't really want to export it, but it seems like there isn't an option to opt out some tables from the report, which I only use to build the filters or show the graphs. Also, it would be nice if there's an option to combine all the tables in one excel doc on different tabs.

Building and showing KPIs, sharing reports with other teams who are not too familiar with mySQL. Graphs are easy to look at and the report builder is pretty easy to use to re-arrange the metrics and graphs. It's good for people who don't know mySQL, all they need to do is to use the filters and click "run".

Mode Analytics review by Administrator in Fine Art
Administrator in Fine Art

"Easy to use and scalable"

What do you like best?

Mode is very straightforward, simple, and easy to use. There isn't any needless complexity - which allows a user to make their first report in a matter of minutes. This ease of use makes the user comfortable with the basics and enables them to add more and more reports that scale naturally.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is the ability to have more control over how data is presented. What I mean by this is that if the user wants to only display one row of data from a query (presenting this data in the report helps to give context for the rest of report - especially reports driven off of parameters), there is little to no flexibility in how to present the data within a table or just on the report page in general. If users could configure a table and pick the data points that would populate them, then this would be a big help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your business needs - other companies will sell you on features that you will not utilize or do not fit your core needs

Allow users across all business units to have easy access to data that will help them perform their roles more effectively. It also helps other teams avoid interruptions to supply reports on an ad hoc basis by putting them in mode.

Mode Analytics review by Ryan L.
Ryan L.

"Good tools for writing SQL"

What do you like best?

Mode contains features that make it easy to write SQL queries and collaborate on analyses. Table viewer lets you view fields and data types before writing the query, and you get all the features you'd expect from an IDE, like autocomplete, autoformat, placeholders, etc.

What do you dislike?

A lot of features that I could use are paywalled behind a more premium subscription that includes more seats than we need.

Doing data analytics and generating reports at scale

Mode Analytics review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The perfect Decision Science Toolkit (SQL, Python & Data Viz) all thrown into one!"

What do you like best?

You can do SQL, Python, Github and Data Viz all in the same environment and share your code with others. The best part is reusability and ease of correcting code for your teammates.

What do you dislike?

They should also add the functionality for R as well as work on Machine Learning capabilities (Such as creation and deployment of REST APIs). Also try building integrations for D3 and ShinyApps.

Also, keep adding more & more libraries with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a Data team (3+ people), I would highly recommend investing on Mode over other Data Visualization and computing environments!

Enterprise-wide Statistical Data Analysis and building of executive dashboards. Being able to query so many tables and also run statistical functions on the same is awesome.

Mode Analytics review by User in Internet

"Fantastic Data Science & Analytics Tool"

What do you like best?

The tool combines the best of both worlds 1) Powerful and robust analytics & data science capabilities (e.g. direct access to SQL and Python, custom visualizations, etc.) 2) Ability to abstract away complexity and provide data consumers a user-friendly, customizable interface for consuming and interacting with data.

What do you dislike?

The built-in visualization library is a little bit behind other notable BI tools.

Any business problem I am approached to solve, I use Mode Analytics. I find myself to work most efficiently in the tool and my data consumers also love using it to consume analytics.

Mode Analytics review by User in Internet

"one-stop shop for analytics tools"

What do you like best?

the company is working towards a future where analysts spend more time analyzing and less time tweaking their computers and fiddling with code. having sql and python notebooks under one GUI is an amazing experience that feels like it should be standard at this point.

What do you dislike?

literally nothing - my job would be 10x harder without them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

check their blog! they're adding useful features every day.

everything - from analyzing funnel conversion rates, building dashboards to monitor performance of new products, to performing exploratory analysis and deep dives for longer term insights.

Mode Analytics review by Abheek D.
Abheek D.

"Easy way to access data and create visualizations"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use. I can write my own SQL queries, put information together, and create reports/dashboards.

What do you dislike?

The report builder can be a bit clunky and I wish it was easier to use, but I support it's not bad!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get started! I find that there is constant improvement which is always great.

We are trying to get super transparent within our organization and it really helps with that.

Mode Analytics review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Mode has enabled me to do most of my data analytics work at my company."

What do you like best?

Accessible to everyone in the company and encourages a data-driven culture throughout the company.

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality and features for visualizations and also for doing ad-hoc analysis

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth evaluating pricing for other analytics tools and comparing functionality.

Creating dashboards to the company and allowing stakeholders to access data that they need for further analysis. It has helped encourage others to explore SQL and gain skill sets in that area.

Mode Analytics review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great and Constantly Improving"

What do you like best?

Finally, a truly collaborative analytical platform

What do you dislike?

No issues so far. If you're running your databases in the cloud or have a reasonably centralized dataset, it takes only a few minutes to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If have multiple parties doing anything in SQL, you'll benefit from consolidating your activity to Mode

We use it for sharing our SQL/Python analysis, for our dashboards, and for managing our ETLs using their scheduling.

Mode Analytics review by User in Internet

"Fast and feature rich, but still immature."

What do you like best?

The sql editor is competent, can be readily using by everyone in the organization (with the need for VPN). Flexible graphing, and report layouts mean that you can get a attractive report out very quickly (as long as what you want to display fits their templates)

Decent level of flexibility when stepping outside side of their presets, but learning curve rises steeply.

What do you dislike?

Filtering, and color match across multiple reports can be a hassle. And there is an aggressive HTML cleaner which will often "help" to clear out custom HTML.

Shortening the timeframe for delivering reports to business users, and improving the perceived load time of reports.

User in E-Learning

"Powerful, flexible, butg usable analytics"

What do you like best?

The ease of use doesn't weaken the product's functionality at all.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to work with Mode for ad-hoc projects. Allowing more 'excel' like functionality could really help it replace Excel entirely.

Analytics for non-technical user, custom reporting. Charts, graphs, calculations are all possible.

User in E-Learning

"Reliable and responsive data analytics platform, forward-thinking product vision"

What do you like best?

Solid SQL query editor and reporting tool

Seamless Python notebook integration

Useful content (playbooks, blog, newsletter)

Expertly written tutorial content (SQL and Python)

"Definitions" feature for standardization/consistency

No proprietary language, the SQL is transferable to a different platform

Thoughtful product design

Forward-thinking product vision

Rapid pace of development, releases

What do you dislike?

The data visualization aspect of Mode is still maturing

Doesn't have a full suite of "meta-reporting features" yet (reports about queries run through Mode)

We use Mode for finance reporting, product analytics, ad hoc analysis, dashboards

We use Definitions for standardizing data definitions and simplifying self-service reporting

Mode Analytics review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"User-friendly, well-integrated platform"

What do you like best?

Mode is a super user-friendly web-based querying system. I have really appreciated their organization tools (projects/report structures), as well as their integration with Python. The Python integration makes statistical analyses with real-time data super seamless.

What do you dislike?

Mode's text editor can be slow when pulling large amounts of data--the text editor can really lag. Limiting results to 100 whenever possible really helps mitigate this issue.

I work with Mode in an education context and the integration with Python, as well as the in-platform visualization tools, have helped immensely as our team understands student learning experiences and outcomes.

Mode Analytics review by User in Computer Software

"Mode Analytics"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to setup and hook up to the database. We were up and running in the initial trial within 5 minutes.

What do you dislike?

I think they need more customization options around charts and dashboard components. Ideally, I would like to be able to customize more of the UI pieces.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know what scope of project is. Do a quick POC within the trial option to see if this product fits your customer's needs.

We are working to build a customer facing dashboard for different roles, customers,

"Great, Friendly Tool"

What do you like best?

Mode is easy to use, with a pretty intuitive interface. My favorite thing about it is that it uses plain SQL, HTML/CSS/JS, and Python notebooks, so it doesn't limit you with tool-specific technology.

What do you dislike?

It's less a matter of dislike, and more a list of features I wish it had -- but the Mode team is always tackling new features.

A company-wide set of core reports.

Mode Analytics review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Great tool for analysts"

What do you like best?

Easy interface to quickly explore data and pull out insights. Focuses on putting tools in the hands of analysts.

What do you dislike?

Dashboarding capabilities lag some of the more polished BI competitors

Exploratory analysis, automated reporting

Mode Analytics review by Administrator

"Easy-to-set-up web-based SQL BI tool"

What do you like best?

- fast setup

- easy to onboard new people

- can create definitions

- web-based means you can share URLs to dashboards easily

- Slack integration

- Github integration

What do you dislike?

- drill-downs are limited

- have to pre-define filters

- cheaper than alternatives

- much less implementation than alternatives

Building dashboards quickly in a shareable way.

Mode Analytics review by User in Computer Software

"perfect for quick dashboards"

What do you like best?

Easy access to data- don't need a VPN connection and it's easy to connect multiple databases. Perfect for quick analyses or dashboards.

What do you dislike?

Charts are tough to customize without html/javascript knowledge. I'd love to have a more robust/customizable library of charts.

Everything from sales efficiency to churn to customer segmentation-- I'm not a power SQL user but Mode is literally the only tool I use.

Mode Analytics review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Great customer support!"

What do you like best?

Customer support = very responsive/helpful and their instructional web content is helpful for folks new to Mode.

What do you dislike?

Bugs are plentiful and the turnaround time on the fixes aren't ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

New round of funding should help greatly but they're definitely making constant improvements!

Dashboard creation for individuals and team. Visuals further enable data storytelling.

Mode Analytics review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Very user friendly playform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use with good tutorials, good UX/UI, ability to build dashboards and present data beautifully

What do you dislike?

Reports sometimes take a long time to run; you can't search a parameter within a table

Quick analysis of impact, revenue, ability to build simple tools to make our processes more efficient

Mode Analytics review by User

"Easy to use and navigate."

What do you like best?

I think the new dashboards feature is great, I also think parameters are easy to modify.

What do you dislike?

When you click on a report it's hard to navigate back to the search.

Solving business problems around identifying specific cohorts based on behavior. Allows us to see results in aggregate.

Learning about Mode Analytics?

* We monitor all Mode Analytics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.