Modus

Learning about Modus?

Modus Reviews

Ask Modus a Question
Showing 69 Modus reviews
Modus review by Michael T.
Michael T.

"App Data Room, a great tool."

What do you like best?

We liked the fact that you can scan badges at trade shows and send literature quickly. This helped us connect with people and generate leads quickly and efficiently. I would recommend this tool to any company that is looking to maximize their time at events and collect as many leads as possible. Will be using again at the end of the year for another event.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve for people who are not tech savvy. This is understandable since they did help us with the initial setup and always answered any questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are sending out digital brochures for customers which limits the amount of literature we have to bring and give out.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Modus
Modus review by Tom V.
Tom V.

"app data room is on the right track"

What do you like best?

The overview, the structure/navigation are good. The functions to copy and tag folders work fine. I like the function to have streaming media, so the device of the sales agent doesn't get full.

What do you dislike?

the amount of time it takes to get one file in the right place, tagging locations, clicking languages etc.

There are no good functions to find duplicate content. the overview of all the files is not good.Uploads take a lot of time and sometimes the system tends to fail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you even tag videos and pictures for the right languages or for all languages, otherwise they will not show for users who don't have English as a primary language.

To push a massive amount of content to our sales people and distributors. To tag different languages and to get a structure in the big mass of content/media.

What Sales Enablement solution do you use?

Modus review by Martin F.
Martin F.

"SOlid product that keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

I have been a customer of AppDataRoom for 5 years or so and have it deployed to two of our company's sales forces.

From its early days of deployment the product has continue to develop, while keeping its key functionality, style and familiarity, It is easy to personalize, especially across product and market sets, and languages/cultures. I have certainly looked for variants of this software at times, but nothing else has come close to touch AppDataRoom .

I haven;t changed in 5 years and I'm not likely to in the near future.

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing to dislike - it is solid, dependable and does what I need it to.

Engaging customers in face to face meetings and using it as a central repository of information that can easily be forwarded to anyone

"ADA Review 091217"

What do you like best?

Ease of access. I can get in to the app data room easily wherever I am.

What do you dislike?

Frequently, I will be in the ADR looking at something and when I go back to go in to another section of the site, it will kick me out of the site completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be a good idea, but it's usefulness all depends on the value of the items that are put on the ADR. Also, it is important that it is up to date and does not have a lot of outdated information on it or inaccurate information on it. Ours is not up to date and missing a considerable amount of items, but I use it regularly and it is still very helpful for the things that it does possess.

Able to quickly access available information on our products. Allows me to look for answers to questions I am asked in the field that I do not have an immediate answer to. Allows me to show videos and brochures to customers

Modus review by Stan P.
Stan P.

"Great tool for showing our digital collateral"

What do you like best?

There are several features of the App Data Room solution that are great, but the features I like best are:

1) Our sales team can display quality video and static content to potential and existing customers in any venue

2) We can easily make changes to content when necessary

3) We can track activity on content that is sent through the follow-up feature

What do you dislike?

The product itself is great. I wish we had better option on the analytics. I would like to easily identify my super users and my users who are not taking full advantage of the app.

Previously, the digital platform we used to display our digital sales and marketing content was provided through a third party vendor. Any changes in content had to go through them, which resulted in delays in updating content. Our previous solution provided no way to send the digital content and track activity on it, and we had no analytics around which content was being used most often.

All of these short-comings were addressed when we switched to the App Data Room solution. We can make changes to content immediately, we can track which pieces are being used most often, and we have visibility into the actions our customers take on the content we send.

Modus review by Jon O.
Jon O.

"Great app to manage presentation and follow-up content"

What do you like best?

I like the management of content by categories and the ability to build a presentation or a list to send as a follow-up. It's extremely fast to find, build and send, and I can do it all from my phone.

What do you dislike?

There are no features that I dislike, there are only positive benefits for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a sales reps favorite app for managing content, building a presentation and sending out follow-up materials.

I would say time is the biggest benefit. I can prepare content quickly and I can send materials immediately. I never wait and risk forgetting to send materials later.

Modus review by Scott P.
Scott P.

"a very easy to use tool that alerts you when your customer opens it"

What do you like best?

The feature I like best is that when your customer or prospect opens and views the documents, you are sent an email. That way you know the customer is interested.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that if my customer forwards the original email to a colleague and they open it, it appears as if the original customer opened it again. Not the new person.

It is a quick and easy way to send lots of materials to people without it being blocked by security or because of size of attachments.

Modus review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A great, simple sales presentation tool"

What do you like best?

Deployment was a breeze. It's a very scaleable product, meaning one can use it for an independent shop to a multinational. That we could manage the content in one library for all major platforms was great, as we used independent reps for the sales force.

An additional feature that was great was the lit tracking functionality. I liked that we could see when prospective customers opened the literature piece. I know, this is Marketing 101 stuff, but it was very helpful for us.

Also, I liked that we had a share/no-share option in the admin console. There were lit pieces that were very helpful, especially multi-media items, that we didn't want to send to customers. We had the option to decide which pieces could be emailed.

What do you dislike?

I think it was a limitation of a start-up. They had CRM integration...for Hubspot and Salesforce. Unfortunately, we were a Microsoft Dynamics shop, and it wasn't integrated with Dynamics.

Also, at times it was a bit clunky. I think it's getting better over time, and "out of the box" users got features built for enterprise customers. I suppose that will change at some point.

The reporting piece lacked. I think their goal was to push analytics to the CRM or third party service. Be sure to use something like Google Analytics for a more rounded picture.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a quick sales enablement app, App Data Room is a great option. If you use Salesforce, Hubspot, or other standard CRM system (esp. cloud-based, SaaS service), this is a great tool.

Also, they do have some professional services to build out customized features and layouts. This system is very scaleable.

We had two issues we were trying to solve. First, we were trying to cut our printing costs, and the app proved that to be possible.

Second, we were trying to ensure the most current literature was being distributed. That industry is still very "old school," and paper lit is common. We wanted to ensure that the most current pieces were in circulation.

Modus review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"ADR's multi-use platform"

What do you like best?

I like how easily it can manage & present a variety of media in a professional-looking manner

What do you dislike?

Not user-customizable enough. I would like to be able to customize the layout templates more myself, without having to pay for a custom build.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The off-the-shelf version of the product is quite good. However, if your organization intends to implement it extensively, then a custom build is highly recommended and useful.

Sales meeting & trade show - easily accessible and professional looking media collection/display

Showroom - information kiosks for product/display information

Modus review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Great product at a great value"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the UI for the users and the customer service provided.

What do you dislike?

The UI for the admin could be more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other products that offer similar features, and some offer more, but the price for the ever evolving features is hard to beat.

Being able to make sure our sales reps always have the correct and updated content is by far the biggest benefit. We have also been able to use it for giving our reps easy access to training material.

Modus review by Paula B.
Paula B.

"An easy-to-use tool that makes us ALL look good!"

What do you like best?

Simple to set up, change and scale. Gives me one place where all new information can be shared with the team.

What do you dislike?

Changing habits--it's always a challenge to get people to do something differently so onboarding and education is our main focus right now.

Inconsistency of messages presented to customers. Our sales team, though small, is all over the board when it comes to how they communicate. App Data Room should help us present a more uniform (and professional!) front.

Modus review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Very handy tool that makes organization a breeze"

What do you like best?

The app works well for me and all sorts of scenarios. It allows me to show off new products through digital media that typically I would not have any other channel to display.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I would say I dislike about the app, but improvements can be made. I have run into some issues where I was unable to pull up a certain file when I needed it.

As mentioned before I'm able to display and show off products in a new way that was unavailable to me in the past. Customers are more inclined to watch a video or some sort of digital media rather than look at a piece of paper.

"Convenient App"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is easy to access and is made available to send to anyone in a few short clicks.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to print certain documents. I think that may be due to the administrator on my company's end, but it is frustrating since I do not like to read documents off of a tablet screen. I also dislike this app not being able to be used on a computer. I work from my computer frequently and find myself e-mailing a link and then having to download it to use. Last, when compiling an e-mail on my tablet, I wish I could cut and paste the links to insert them into the body of my e-mail, versus adding the links to a follow-up screen and then pressing "follow-up now."

Sending large files via internet. That is the biggest benefit. Having all necessary documents at my fingerprints.

Modus review by Linda B.
Linda B.

"Used at Trade Show"

What do you like best?

The easy to load the app on your phone and Ipad. Very easy to upload your material that you want to show in the app.

What do you dislike?

Sending the documents to a user, where if you did not scan their badges you had to type in the email. Lot of our salesmen had a hard time getting the steps in order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I liked being able to send brochures immediately to customers.

Using it to collect leads at trade show

Modus review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"Corporate Trainer"

What do you like best?

The CMS is very easy to use and moving content around is simple. My users love the fact that the icons for the piece of collateral is by default the front page of the piece.

What do you dislike?

The "Agendas" title of that area of the app. We would like to be able to change that title to something else, like "Campaigns."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a shot! You will be more than satisfied.

The analytics are great. Being able to see who is using what pieces of collateral is valuable. Also being able to see which users are logging in on a regular basis allows us to closely monitor our ROI.

Administrator in Machinery

"Trade Show Lead Generation Program"

What do you like best?

Utilizing a trade show lead generation program is an important part of our trade show marketing program. App Data Room services makes this process very easy to integrate with our strategy. Our account rep is available to meet with our internal clients for customized training with booth staff. This has proved very valuable to the overall success of obtaining qualified leads.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I particularily dislike about the services from App Data Room. I would like to see a more customizable pricing structure for various levels of service that are offered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

App Data Room has great customer support and account management services and values its partnership with our company.

We are solving our lead generation campaign initiatives with App Data Room services. We have increased our list of qualified trade show leads due to App Data Room services.

Modus review by Ian C.
Ian C.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

We are really excited to begin our Partnership with Modus and really like that the APP is constantly being upgraded and new features are being added.

What do you dislike?

I understand the VPT is a new product and there are a few bugs and modifications that need worked out.

We love the ability to update and manage the content on the fly.

Modus review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Excited About App Data Room"

What do you like best?

Simplicity! Both for our users, and also admins. It's not overly-complicated like some other software offerings from other companies.

What do you dislike?

Not much at all! We haven't dove deep yet to find any negatives. A+ so far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste too much time with other, overly complicated sales enablement software companies. App Data Room invests their time and resources into what matters most: providing customers (and THEIR customers!) a very solid, easy to use platform for sharing information.

Mobile document deployment, announcing, sharing with customers. Current options are lacking / not "inspiring" enough. Lots of room for growth!

Modus review by D. Tyler F.
D. Tyler F.

"Easy to use informational system that allows centralized location of necessary documents. "

What do you like best?

The interface is very simplistic and easy

What do you dislike?

Some of the pages do not have the full outlined detail. Scrolling from one page to another should be swiped to the left and right, not up and down.

I am able to bring this to customers and show them everything my company has to offer without carrying around multiple brochures and catalogs. It is easy to use and to send documents to interested customers. I only use this app on my mobile devices as it is easier to carry to meetings.

Modus review by Joel T.
Joel T.

" Adesa app Data Room "

What do you like best?

Everything I need is right there electronically, easy to access.

What do you dislike?

Some guys just don't use electronics, certain number want to piece of paper in their hand.

With so many programs and promotions, it really helps me remember and keep track of what's current.

Modus review by Joel Y.
Joel Y.

"Useful in the field"

What do you like best?

The flexbility of being able to provide documents to interested parties quickly without having to be at my computer

What do you dislike?

The tracking system could be improved but it is a step in the right direction

Being able to provide sales material without having to take the cost of printing

Modus review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Great app with a lot of features and user-friendly"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to upload and organize the materials and media.

What do you dislike?

There are some glitches here and there, such as not all of the users are able to receive updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good application, but there are small glitches here and there because the company is just starting up.

We are benefiting from the "do not allow in follow-up feature". We have a lot of materials that should not be emailed out and this really helps us keep that regulated.

Modus review by Tim K.
Tim K.

"I use App Data Room every day!"

What do you like best?

It so very easy to get information t customers quickly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended as a sales tool.

Reduced cost of literature inventory ans shipping as well as closing sales more efficiently

Modus review by Marcus F.
Marcus F.

"NuVasive Apps"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, often updated, sent informations to surgeons ist very easy, customers also impressed.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I have to complain about.

Fast Access to Surgical Techniques, Product Info, Animations

Modus review by Shawn M.
Shawn M.

"Shawn App Data Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and access. Detailed information at a press of a button

What do you dislike?

Once you access a document and close out, the system takes you back to the beginning where everything is loaded in vs. the exact position you were last.

It allows all users to access documents and organize between product categories, as well as, listing studies for reference, without calling the home office to supply.

Modus review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to update and upload information for sales team - quick to do, keeps a history of past files and such an important tool for them when out on the road. Also great support from App Data Room themselves, constantly updating and improving

What do you dislike?

Really hard to find something to say here

Gives sales team all documentation to hand when in front of the customer

Modus review by Edineu M.
Edineu M.

"ADR Review"

What do you like best?

The way I can distribute my application and have it ready to be used by my customers

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult getting some of the bugs we find while using the application fixed.

Just having our application distributed to the right people and be able to support them while using it is one fo the ways ADR help us solve out business problem.

Administrator in Machinery

"A great way to customize and deliver sales and marketing materials"

What do you like best?

The ability to allow users to easily and quickly share sales, technical and marketing materials with customers. The sales team always has the most up-to-date content on their devices

What do you dislike?

MM can be a little clunky, but it's improved A LOT since MM 1.0! Would eventually like more detailed analytics and trends

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clear understanding of how users will use the app before customizing development. Trial with the out-of-the-box version before considering customizing the app.

Ensuring the the sales team has the most current content always available, even offline. Providing customers more timely response with better and more accurate materials.

Modus review by Executive Sponsor in Pharmaceuticals
Executive Sponsor in Pharmaceuticals

"App Data Room Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation and speed to launch

What do you dislike?

Very few dislikes. Analytic tools were a bit clunky, but improving.

Sales enablement and improved analytics. We needed a way to quickly provide outside sales teams with new (interactive) marketing collateral quickly, ensure that only approved material was being used, measure which approved pieces were being used the most, which sales reps were actively using, etc.

The benefits have included lead generation capture, improved speed to market with sales collateral, positive feedback from reps that use the tool, and close correlation between those that use the tool and positive sales results.

Modus review by Nicholas G.
Nicholas G.

"Great Service back by a Great Company"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about App Data Room (ADR) is it's easy of use across so many platforms, as well as it's overall functionality!

What do you dislike?

I have had some issues with the app updating itself. I use Android and it usually requires a hard refresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Editable PDFs

We are solving a lot of controlled content issues and its been of great help!

Modus review by Administrator in Farming
Administrator in Farming

"AppDataRoom"

What do you like best?

All content in one place. Accessible anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Not able to to an effective continuous slideshow for trade shows. All Files have to be pdf. Cannot enter a lead at a show other than a badge/card scan.

Not having to print sell sheets and presentations. Making sure all of the latest content is out to all of the salespeople at once.

User in Medical Devices

"App Data Room is a very useful tool for updates and follow up's"

What do you like best?

Being able to send literature directly to customer along with a follow up.

What do you dislike?

Old info, left in app data sometimes makes it difficult to find what you need as far as most recent info

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure most recent data is iploa

Ability to get info. In a timely manor and distribution of info to customer.

Modus review by Nicholas S.
Nicholas S.

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

The customer service. I worked closely with an employee to create exactly what we needed, and they were very helpful.

What do you dislike?

If I had to choose something, the follow-up email for lead captures didn't look very professional.

Lead capture at a tradeshow. App Data Room was the technology we used for lead capture.

Modus review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Controlling our destiny"

What do you like best?

I like being able to author in a tool that allows me to update and relaunch in minutes versus processes of the past.

What do you dislike?

I'd like functionality to match Microsoft products I'm used to. I'd like to easily cut and paste graphics. I'd like to have an Undo Updates arrow.

This tool will allow us to thrive in a digital world. Compared to methods of the past, we can make changes in minutes instead of days. While we don't have metrics yet, I am certain we will save money.

Modus review by User in Industrial Automation
User in Industrial Automation

"Overview of Product line"

What do you like best?

All of my products are in one places. This gives me a simple location to find relevant information when I am in front of customers to help solve their current applications.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could get finer sub headings for product classes.

Information access for customers.

Modus review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"A very useful product for a mobile sales team"

What do you like best?

All sales materials are available in one place, can be viewed on a mobile device as well as a computer. Files can be easily shared with the potential customer.

What do you dislike?

Internal dashboard interface could be improved to include sorting, better stats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely give it a try to see if it is a right fit for your team and business.

Its a one stop shop solution for a mobile sales team, allows everyone to have standardized sales forms, documents and marketing materials. Easily customizeable and expandable.

User in Medical Devices

"Sales product platform for all uses"

What do you like best?

Easy and intuitive, well organized and a simple source for all information about the product line I now sell. Even a casual user finds it a helpful warehouse for all needs.

What do you dislike?

It takes up a lot of data space on my phone. No issue on my iPad but it is kind of clunky for my iPhone functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

seems to be a very useful and user friendly program

Easy reference to sales materials, presentations, case studies, photos, videos, reimbursement instructions and training resources

Modus review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

"App data room"

What do you like best?

It has all my work stuff in an easy to find place

What do you dislike?

We weren't taught the best way to access the service

Again it puts all the things I need to find in a much better spot than the service we also can utilize.

Administrator in Machinery

"New, impressed user of App Data Room"

What do you like best?

Functionality for end user. Ease of maintenance for admins.

What do you dislike?

Still in implementation process so nothing yet.

Arming front line with real-time application and information to share with customers and potential customers. This information is at their fingertips when and where they need it.

User in Medical Devices

"Simple to use and valuable to have. "

What do you like best?

That I can have access to the most up to date materials my company has to offer with out having to log into an intranet.

What do you dislike?

Not much I can say that I dislike. Looking forward to seeing what types of improvements are made in the future.

Simplifies communication to the field sales reps. Updates are done without having to send out a mass email to notify everyone. No need to have access to intranet so less complicated.

Modus review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Positive User Experience"

What do you like best?

Central location for marketing and sales tools when working with customers and during meetings.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. App Data Room has functioned as expected for me.

Easy to find marketing tools when meeting with customers.

Modus review by Michelle T.
Michelle T.

"Easy to navigate App"

What do you like best?

This app makes it very easy to access and search for information and resources that I need.

What do you dislike?

I would like to save images to my photos.

I am easily able to access slides and information that I need.

Modus review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Works nicely for all business files/promotions "

What do you like best?

User friendly and everything is in one place for promotions and files

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time, works perfectly for our needs.

All promotions and forms in one simple place. Updates you when someone reviews the files you email.

Modus review by Gediminas P.
Gediminas P.

"Overall good"

What do you like best?

It is fairly user friendly. The manager and field separate websites was confusing at first but once you get the hang of it it is good.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned above, the separate websites and no clear distinction.

Relaying data to field.

Modus review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"App Data for Lead Generation"

What do you like best?

The best thing about app data is the fact that you do not need to have badges at a show to capture leads. You can use the business scan option to capture leads as well. Also the ability to add sales sheets and have them all in one place.

What do you dislike?

Lots of updating needed as the auto update does not have the best function.

Ability to track leads and use info captured with ease.

Modus review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"BIW Guy"

What do you like best?

Easy to locate info, it has lots of case studies, videos, and presentations. Now I can sit with someone and I can find, show and send them the right thing, on the spot.

What do you dislike?

A lot of info, so at times is hard to find things or keep up to date, so this is both a good and bad

Recommendations to others considering the product

The updates have been great.

Presentations, in person meetings, sending emails to genrate interest.

Modus review by stephan g.
stephan g.

"Product review"

What do you like best?

ease of use and ability to immediately interact with customer

What do you dislike?

app very unpredictable. invoicing issues everytime you guys updated the app

getting info to customers and seeing when they look at it

Modus review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Great sales enablement tool"

What do you like best?

The platform allows marketers to push content and collateral for sales consumption effectively bringing resources directly to the customer during site visits.

What do you dislike?

User interface could be improved or all administrators more customization options. Lead capture needs additional development to be a full featured application. Currently feels like an afterthought "add-on".

Having all the marketing materials available and kept up-to-date. It's also very green and reduces the need to bring in printed materials.

Modus review by Kara K.
Kara K.

"Versatile product with up and coming technological advances."

What do you like best?

The graphic component that allows the customer to see what you are seeing.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functions are a little cumbersome to do with your mobile device

virtual salesroom - we haven't implemented yet

Modus review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Manager"

What do you like best?

ability to email documents on the spot. its helpful to get a person a document right away

What do you dislike?

how it takes up so much space on my ipad or phone. It6 eliminates the opportunity to work with other apps. Majority of my ipad space is app data

getting documents to people when im not at my desk. When on the road its difficult to get info to people. This app has helped.

Learn more about Modus

Modus Videos

Learning about Modus?

* We monitor all Modus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.