monday.com

monday.com

The best tool is the one your team actually uses and dapulse comes with built-in addiction. Today's teams need the ability to work together dynamically. Plan and execute in the same place.

Work for monday.com?

Learning about monday.com?

monday.com Reviews

Ask monday.com a Question
Showing 352 monday.com reviews
monday.com review by Larry C.
Larry C.

"Monday helps us stay on task, on the same page and on track with all kinds of projects."

What do you like best?

I love that Monday is as simple as using an Excel spreadsheet but gives me the kind of powerful tools I used to need a complex project management platform to get. For example, I can collect line items (a.k.a. data records or project tasks) using a form view of my board for users who don't need regular access to the board or wouldn't actively manage the items. I can collect other line items from the managers and team members that share the board.

Then, we can all manage the tasks/pulses together and even contain all interactions and communications related to each right there in context. We get alerts when an update is posted and we can either respond by simply reply to the email or click over to the board and reply inline. Either way, all the comms are captured in one place–right there in the pulse! LOVE it!

Finally, I can export the board or actually broadcast it online and even embed it on my website to report out progress to appropriate stakeholders. This is too good to be true. Need a GANTT view? No problem, it has that. Want to see your pulses on a calendar by due date? How about by completion date? No problem, it has that. What if you just want to see your assigned items, or just the due items, or just the incomplete items, it's intuitive filtering does all that.

I'm sure I sound like a commercial. It's because in my previous careers I've used solutions like TeamGantt.com or Smartsheets and wrestled with the varying levels of good and bad user interface, paid steep user license fees and had to onboard non-technical users. I now lead a team of volunteers with varying technical aptitudes at a non-profit organization and the ease-of-use and level of service that the Monday team consistently provides has blown my socks off. I sincerely love Monday.com!

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. If I had to come up with SOMETHING that I would change or a new feature I would introduce, I guess I would provide a way to send a generic note to my whole team or a whole board that was not tied to a specific pulse. If there is a way to do this, I may just be overlooking it. Wouldn't surprise me if there is already a feature for this. These guys think of EVERYTHING!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a trial. As you "kick the tires", do not hesitate to reach out to support with any questions. They are super responsive and helpful. It's a foreshadow of the level of service they will provide to you once you're a customer.

We use Monday for everything from a big ideas parking lot for long term planning to tracking alarm access codes, social media and print content calendars, event registrations, facility work orders, weekly custodial task tracking, quarterly routine building maintenance, leadership development initiatives tracking and even Monday.com training progress for new users. And I feel like we're just scratching the surface. Who knows what else we'll be using it for a year from now!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about monday.com
monday.com review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Far easier than other project management apps and actually fun to use."

What do you like best?

The whole visual aspect of Monday.com appeals to me as an art director. It allows me a lot of control over the way "cells" are set up, so that I have been able to totally customize it to our organization and how we work. Every column has been customized, and I've also customized the names and color-coding of various status indicators. My team knows exactly where dozens of projects are in the pipeline, and my boss can log on at any time to see what's what. Previously, I was updating an Excel spreadsheet constantly, trying to do the same thing. Monday takes that agony and tosses it aside, making for a pleasant experience that you cannot get from Excel...at ALL.

What do you dislike?

Not really a dislike, but to really see all that is going on in the Monday.com interface, you need a big screen. Which is fine as I have a big screen at the office, but on a laptop, I need to scroll around a little.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, it's free to try. If you just want to track projects to any degree, this is the choice.

Ability to show in real time what is going on with MANY creative projects at once. For better for what we do than Asana or other apps we've tried.

What Project Management solution do you use?

monday.com review by Y'vonne O.
Y'vonne O.

"Project Management made easy"

What do you like best?

What I love about Monday.com is the flexibility to customize boards based on our own operational and client needs. It's so easy. I also love that clients and team members can collaborate via @tags. It keeps everything out of email and in a system of cadence.

We love that all our project engagements have their own boards with stages and activities that make sense for our team and clients. It's so easy to read, use and manage an engagement. The color coding really highlights things you need to look at easily.

What do you dislike?

*The unique identifiers by pulse (aka: Tasks) is too long and not customizable. For example, it's unique to the board but not the project. It's not easy to reference for the team or a client.

*I'd like a better-detailed view of what is in each pulse on export for clients that we can't get into the boards directly. Right now it's just high level at the pulse/activity level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get rid of our old Ghantt tools and move into the new age with Kanban type boards you can customize to grab immediate attention and action.

Manage client project engagements with activities, timelines, and resources. Our goal was to identify what needs to be done, by whom and by when. Monday does this for us. When things are slowing we have the ability in the system to call out activities by @tags and keep on project momentum to meet deadlines.

We were trying to get everything out of email and into a system that really makes managing a project easy but not overwhelming like Gantt chart software. Everything needs to be visible, consumable and actionable and we achieve that with this product without overdoing project management. This keeps our projects on task and transparent to our team and clients.

monday.com review by Mat C.
Mat C.

"A great collaboration tool for end users to complete and for admins to maintain"

What do you like best?

From an admin perspective the ability to have all of the information on one board for the year, which can then be archived is fantastic. From the end user perspective the layout is clean and functionality is easy to use which has seen us have fantastic results in terms of completion. Maintaining the user group is also easy to do and invite the appropriate people to the appropriate boards even as a guest for visibility.

What do you dislike?

The only feedback so far has been around some extra functionality all of which has been brought to Monday's attention, they are very keen to hear for improvements. Such as the ability to download all the boards in one go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very competitive price point and the ability to create multiple boards for various requirements and collaborate across your business no matter the size

We were previously using a piece of software that wasn't user friendly this lead to a low utilization in our company which meant we weren't collecting all the information required this consistent incomplete picture meant the integrity of the data wasn't useful. Since moving to Monday we have had 100% input over the last three months which is down to how easy the system is to use and how we are able to present the information on the boards in a manner that is easy to understand and interpret.

monday.com review by Svetlana D.
Svetlana D.

"Simple, smart and easy to use"

What do you like best?

This is my single place to manage projects, teamwork and B2B sales leads. I also can share access to select boards with my customers, so they know what's going on with the project at any time. I also love the ability to search tables and dashboards, the ability to customize boards from a variety of excellent templates or to build it from scratch, when needed.

What do you dislike?

I can't find a single thing about the product that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is my single place to manage projects, teamwork and B2B sales leads. I also can share access to select boards with my customers, so they know what's going on with the project at any time. I love using Monday because it allows me to shield myself from unnecessary communication clutter, yet still enabling me to offer superior transparency with my customers through shared boards.

It saves a tremendous amount of time and unnecessary communication clutter, and it allows me to have superior transparency with my customers.

monday.com review by Sara A.
Sara A.

"A great tool for cross-collaborative project management"

What do you like best?

Monday has all the necessary nuts and bolts for collaborative project management and provides flexibility in the way that you visualize the content. I found Monday's videos about how teams use their tool to be very useful for setting things up.

What do you dislike?

Super useful on the group level but there is one missing feature that keeps me from using this tool exclusively. I would like to be able to date subtasks and see them in an aggregated view. For example, if I am in a meeting on a particular feature and taking notes within Monday, I can add checklist items, but there isn't an easy way for me to manage these items. Ideally, I would date the subtask, and then I could view a list of all of my subtasks by date. Allowing me to open Monday each morning and easily see what needs to be done that day. Right now, I write the subtask in Monday for visibility and then I go to my google task list and create a duplicate task there.

Our team uses this for Eng and Design sprint planning and for project management.

monday.com review by Christopher L.
Christopher L.

"Project Management Software at its Prime"

What do you like best?

We love the flexibility it offers in being able to manage and follow multiple projects in multiple formats at the same time in a beautiful and attractive interfase. From visualizing a project timeline to sharing project status with clients on shared boards.

What do you dislike?

It is a memory consuming app and sometimes slows down the computer when using the app, but it seems to be an issue that is being optimized with every update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering trying it out, I insist you give it a try and see how you can adapt boards and pulses to your every needs. You will see monday can adapt yo you much more than you having to adopt and learn to adapt to a new PM software.

We found monday while searching for the BEST PM software for our design and innovation agency. We tried Asana, Basecamp, Trello, etc... and none seemed to be able to adapt to US as

monday.com review by Melanie M.
Melanie M.

"Perfect for many needs"

What do you like best?

Monday is a really great tool that can be used in so many fields because of it's diversity. You can adjust it every way you want and with new features coming so often you always have ways to adapt and improve your workflow with your team. We are using monday over a year now and there has never been a situation where I thought that anything would be quicker or easier before. On top of that the customer support is really the best I have ever seen.

What do you dislike?

Of course with great power comes great responsibility and of course there are some bugs and issues but the monday-team has a great way and mindset of dealing with those and the issues become minor in comparison to all the great things monday provides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to think a little out of the box regarding your workflow because you can do things in monday that maybe you have never thought about but can make life a lot easier for you.

Before monday we were using e-mails all of the time and if we didn't actively talk about it, we never really new what the others are up to. Everything came unexpected and if the jobs piled up it was really easy to lose track. Now neither of that is an issue anymore because we can always see what others are working on and balance the work internally so noone is stuck with a pile of work while the others are sitting around wondering what to do. We are 4 people in our team working with over 40 clients so that was really a game changer.

monday.com review by Nhu N.
Nhu N.

"Monday.com Solves big problem for my small business "

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, intuitive menu and it's designed very logically, so that you can learn it quick and save time what small business like us have never enough of :)

What do you dislike?

It's only my own opinion. What I not really like about Monday.com is the price. Basic package has a good price. But there are some functions like timeline, if I want to have it, I need to upgrade to higher , more expensive package. I think timeline should be added as a standard function for basic users

As a small business, I really need to use high technology to be more productive and avoiding mistakes. Monday.com helps me to do all this in an easy way, very effective and it doesn't cost me a lot of money to invest in. I can use it as a cloud service so that all my colleagues can see real time all the update of the projects that they are involved in. It works with mobile devices too. So it's really handy.

monday.com review by Jaco d.
Jaco d.

"Life Changer"

What do you like best?

The fact that a "White Board" is now officially out dated, and that the whole company is constantly up do date on whats what. Really easy to use, and new staff don't need more that 5 minutes training. Ability to edit, move and change items on the boards are really great too! Absolute ease of use! Web based, therefore very easy to always be updated!

What do you dislike?

We would love to be able to edit each others Checklists, as these need editing often. We would also like to have a Calendar button to add next to each comment on the checklist. Or to be able to hover over the tick, to see when that tick was ticked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take control of your companies everyday work flow. No more calling Susan on her sick day, to get updates on a order, not knowing what's going on.

Monday revolutionized the way our company is ran. We use it for Order Statuses on all our customer orders. Our error or faults on orders have been reduced by at least 98%, as MONDAY now does the remembering for us! A huge problem was that my sales staff was forgetting about orders, or forgetting to place orders with suppliers, this is not a problem anymore.

monday.com review by Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.

"Love it! Monday.com saved me."

What do you like best?

I like that everything in centralized and searchable and linkable. People in my office say why use Monday.com all that can be done in Excel and they are so wrong. If I had to go and find all this information via Excel and multiple spreadsheets saved in different folders it would take forever. Plus other people might have the file open that would impact me. When I get to the boardroom I pull up Monday and there is all the info I need. My boss can ask me anything! I even save email history to Monday.com. It also allows my boss to "self-sever" on his phone. It is a lot of info to process on a phone but for the most part he can review the lists and then just ask me specific questions vs being reliant on me to update him on everything.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to email to the program. Its not hard but you need to copy and paste the email address and I wish it was easier to copy the email address or that they had a plugin from outlook and I could select the correct pluse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it.

I use it Monday for supply chain management. We manufacture supplements. So I track what products I need to make and what stage they are at. I track what raw materials I need to order and how much and if the raw material has been approved. I use it for PO approval with both the Controller and the head of regulator. We had a problem with regulatory and I ordered the wrong raw ingredient which she had not approved. Since then we created a process in Monday for my regulatory person to double check my PO and ensure I am ordering the approved product. I list the PO as a pulse. Send message within Monday requesting approval. The controller and regulatory person each have status field and they change it to approved or message me back if there is an issue. After I see it is approved I email the PO. It give us viability and tracking. When I was just emailing for approval we lost track of what needed to be approved. Now we know.

monday.com review by Kate W.
Kate W.

"Exceptional Task and Project Management Tool for Dummies"

What do you like best?

Monday is very easy to use and is accessible across desktop and mobile. We are able to invite third-party users to different project boards to help manage and keep track of our projects and tasks. The Monday team are constantly updating the software, adding new features and asking for user feedback. We love it and have recommended Monday to a few different businesses who are also loving it.

What do you dislike?

Not much! The only thing I find slightly annoying is there is no "clear all notifications" option, each one needs to be cleared individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free trial first and play around with all the features to ensure it will meet your business needs.

Monday is helping our marketing team manage internal projects and helping to keep our focus on the bigger picture items. At any time, users can see a projects status and access information on every task which is very handy if one of our team members is out of the office. We also use it to manage agency work in progress tasks. Our agency can log in and update tasks they are working on so we are kept up to date in real time.

monday.com review by Briana S.
Briana S.

"Best Project Management Software On the Market"

What do you like best?

Monday.com has everything. It's UI is impeccable and it's a joy to use every day. The software is versatile, you can create a different board for any type of project and they just keep adding new features and new columns all the time. Plus, the Monday.com crew has great webinars that they run regularly and each is incredibly informative.

What do you dislike?

The only thing lacking is the ability to create tasks (pulses) that recur automatically, but it's not a large issue, given the easy of duplicating and moving pulses from one board or group to another. Monday.com puts out new feature so often, I have no doubt this ability will come at some point in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the column store, their webinars, and their board templates for ideas if you don't know where to start!

My department utilizes Monday.com heavily for project management and intradepartmental communication. Monday holds all our most important notes and makes sure everyone has a chance to see them and can find them easily. We can easily create and track tasks, who they are assigned to, what priority they are, what projects they relate to, and any resources attached to them.

monday.com review by Kathleen C.
Kathleen C.

"Finally, a tool that works the way my brain works"

What do you like best?

I love the easy layout -- the project-based boards and rows. It helps keep everything together in one place, which is handy when I have contractors all over the country. I like how adding clients is cheaper than adding contractors -- clients get access to their project only and we don't get charged an extra person until we have a bunch of clients.

What do you dislike?

new sets of tasks have to go at the top, when it makes more sense for me to add them at the bottom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Finding the right project management tool is tough. Monday.com is the one that makes the most sense to my brain. It works with me, not against me. I never feel like I have to change the way I naturally do things in order to fit in their system.

Projects are templatized, meaning as soon as we get someone on board, we're able to populate their tasks with to-dos.

monday.com review by Miguel Angel  O.
Miguel Angel O.

"Amazing Evolution Day to Day"

What do you like best?

Today Monday has solved all the interaction problems of the business management. Is the best cloud software for teams. It is all the CRMs, Analytics, Forms, Front Deks, Data Sheets and a lot more in one customizable place. Just amazing. The design is minimal and branding customizable so it feels like being in the company software. We also like that they really hear their customers. Theyve asked us what new features would be great to implement and in little time they implement them. The best thing of Monday is the evolution of the sofwtare itself...not a long ago it was just a simple minimal and usefull matrix of customizable things... today they have so many functions that we are leaving all our other cloud softwares for this one.

What do you dislike?

We really dont dislike anything. Its just amazing how Monday evolves day to day and their upgrade velocity is wow....everyday new things, we love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The first time we tried it we thought it was very minimal but with time we discover theres just too much about this sofwtare. Our recommendation is that you must really try it and dont judge just with the first impressions.

Team colaboration, business integration, management delegation, cloud infrastructure and many more problems are solved with Monday. We are really working now as a team that is involved in all kind of ordered taks and information.

monday.com review by Gracie D.
Gracie D.

"Fully customized, fully organized - GAME CHANGER"

What do you like best?

The ability to color organize - this feature allows our team to assign colors to client profiles so everything is easy to see at a glance. I also highly appreciate the ability to sort the pulse order by column - sorting by date allows me to track which projects need my attention first, and sorting by color ensures I don't miss a single checkbox for any particular client.

Monday.com has saved me from missing a deadline or forgetting a detail on more than one occasion. Whenever something new comes through my inbox - the first thing I do is create a pulse before I even open the project.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish I could do differently is having different columns within groups on the same board. Sometimes I need to have different trackers for different clients. There is a way around this by using multiple boards, and they are unlimited so not having this feature has not been a deal breaker.

Some of my team members have been having a more difficult time organizing their boards but have appreciated the ease with which the boards I created can be applied. Easy to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research - check out sister sites, explore your options. You'll end up picking Monday and you'll be so happy you did!

The hands-down most valuable feature we've encountered is the ability to track individual projects and promotions on the timeline feature, which allows me to stay on top of due dates in a timely fashion. I no longer have to sort through the schedule, checking and double checking dates - it's all there, in order, so I always know where to pick up and where I left off. Huge time saver!

monday.com review by Alvaro A.
Alvaro A.

"Great tool, full of nice surprises!"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can do more and more things as my team and I learn how to use it. Started using boards to track assignments, then added dates, and integration to calendars, now we share files, and communicate updates, and track expenses and import spreadsheets, and use Gantt, and many more things.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a "Hour" column, to add a time for a meeting, or the time of a presentation or review. I would also like to be able to use the timeline /gantt/ view and crteate tasks that are dependent and related to each other, as predecessors and successors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and view the videos. It looks simple and it is, but as you learn more features and capabilities are revealed, it turns out to be a powerful tool.

Tracking multiple projects with complex teams, different kinds of staff, teams, due dates, stages, etc. of a complex team with multiple creative styles of work- Tracking multiple projects on one place, updating projects, filtering by staff and team, keeping things on time, getting reminders and not missing deadlines. Integrating tools and styles of management through different teams: people who like to use spreadsheets, work-flow boards, calendars and gantt charts all can work together in one place.

monday.com review by Sheli C.
Sheli C.

"Monday.com has everything I need to manage my department."

What do you like best?

In comparison to other programs out there, this one has the most flexibility and customization to fit any business need. The ability to customize the templates and even create your own template to use for later makes the whole process so much easier.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I do not like. There are a few tweaks that are needed but the development team is always there to hear suggestions. The customer service department is the most responsive that I have ever encountered. You put in a request and it gets answered within 2 mins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I urge you to test drive Monday.com. You do not need to be a creative person or a die hard spreadsheet person, you only need to adapt your information into one of their 100's of templates or create your own. Done! You won't regret it.

Monday.com give you not only a platform for data but it also gives you a visual of all of your data. This has really made my business easier to track and reach deadlines. I always look for that small red dot up on the top of the screen, this means that they have developed a new item to enhance our boards. And I LOVE IT!!

monday.com review by Jonathan C.
Jonathan C.

"Literally takes the chaos of my projects and helps me keep them organized"

What do you like best?

The project management and team aspect keeps us on track with hundreds of projects. The color organization is very helpful. I've never seen a software team so plugged into their user community. Monday has a Facebook group and I'll see suggestions posted and literally weeks later they'll have that request implemented. Amazing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. Like I mentioned, the Monday team is very responsive to suggestions and requests. I'm confident if anything does come up--it will be considered and worked on by the Monday team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the trial and you won't be disappointed. The technical help, phone calls, webinars have made our team much more productive in a competitive environment. I recommend Monday to most of my colleagues who manage multiple projects.

Our overall project management as well as our delegated tasks to the team. We cover several portfolios and this helps projects get done without items falling through the cracks. It keeps our team firing on all cylinders

monday.com review by Joseph B.
Joseph B.

"I use Monday every day to manage workflow and draft progress."

What do you like best?

I like using Monday's link functionality to join pulses with similar goals across different project boards. This ability has saved me time, and allowed me to realize when I can "kill two birds with one stone." Also, it's easy to remove links between pulses if the pulse draft objectives diverge.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had the ability to link to documents from Monday, or even just to add more detailed descriptions, which might show on hovering over a given pulse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Monday is an excellent way to manage project workflow through their pulse functionality. You can assign pulses (tasks) to any member of your team on Monday, and then even link pulses together where content may overlap to save time while tracking progress. It also includes check-list buttons you can insert into pulse comments, and the ability to "call out" team members for specific tasks, in addition to assigning pulses, through the use of the "mentions" function. Furthermore, I am very satisfied with Monday overall, and I would also mention that I've noticed from other question prompts that my team does not fully utilize Monday's full file sharing capability, which may have influenced some of my n/a responses.

I'm using Monday to communicate with members of the instructional design team, as well as tracking the progress of digital assets and graphic design. I also use Monday to assign pulses for review by management before final approval and delivery. I have increased my organization and productivity, as well as workflow efficiency and communication speed.

monday.com review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Connecting our team members "

What do you like best?

Monday works as a great tool for all team members to stay in the loop and communicate on a per project basis. We use our Project Activity list during our staff meetings as a line by line reference tool for updating projects and communicating changes to anyone who may not be present. The product is also used with ease to keep my calendar up to date in the event that something is not entered in both places. The interface is also very friendly and allows us to customize status update subjects to reflect the needs of our business, which may be different from others. The added colors, date option, and financial options are key. I am able to provide a flash report of deposits and receivables at any given time.

What do you dislike?

The name change to "Monday." Nobody likes Mondays. There's a bad connotation there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works best when used as a team.

Communication: The notes features is vital when a member of the sales team needs to communicate changes, update client information, request information from the project management team, or even the occasional compliment on a project well done. The notifications are helpful when something is time sensitive and needs immediate attention.

Deadline Management: We are always aware of one another's deadlines.

monday.com review by Gabriela T.
Gabriela T.

"Awesome Organization"

What do you like best?

Boards for every area at the company. Every area have different task but in kind of a way there´s a time at the task when 2 or 3 different area have to work as a team .I am solving the problem of communicating importance of different tasks I am assigned with Monday.com I have realize the benefits of tracking my different tasks. We have the ability to get notified via desktop or mobile devices in real-time but we can drag and drop files to centralize all our folders with other areas. We love monday for different opcionts for example the upload files option is awesome. Also the Q&A option have a lot of bennefits.

What do you dislike?

The expensive premium service as private boards and the search option. We need more upgrades for less expense because as a "big" company we need certain features to comunicate each other. Weré kind of unconfy because the price that my CEO refuse to pay more money for features that are kind of important at the company. Actually we need them for better organization and for very important task. Example: Human Resources need a private board and we don't have it... it's a theme of confidential information because not everyone have to see that info. Our task with direction, our task with finantial area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better prices for companys

The unlimited emails and the boring phone calls about little status.

monday.com review by John J.
John J.

"Outstanding Customer Service and Constant Upgrades / Additions"

What do you like best?

The people at Monday.com are super at responding to any questions or concerns. Also, their product is so easy to understand and use. They listen to their customers and respond with updates to reflect many requests. I also like the coffee talks they have and constant opportunities to learn all of the features.

What do you dislike?

I cannot find a lot about Monday that I dislike. The only thing would be some of the missing features on their android app. Just yesterday, they added the "My Week" feature which is what I was hoping for. I wish I could move the pulses (lines) around in the app, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it or if it can be done at this stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the trial and see how it fits your needs. To me, it is very easy to use and covers all the needs of my small business.

Keeping track of my vendors progress as well as keeping up with my delivery dates. Everything is in one place and so easy to change as needed. I love this about Monday!

monday.com review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Simple to use and easy to customize"

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is and the pretty UI. I didn't want to spend a lot of time designing boards and figuring out how to work things, I only wanted it to keep track of the work. With how simple it is, I don't need to focus on anything except my work.

What do you dislike?

It would be awesome if there was a dark mode for us programmers and editors who look at the screen all day

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something to keep your business on track while not sacrificing time setting up a brand new system, Monday.com is right for you!

Business wise we were struggling on figuring out a schedule for our content being produced and also the harmful effects of pushing projects or rushing projects. Monday.com solves that with timelines views and progress bars. Whenever rush jobs come in we can easily see which videos and deadlines need to change.

monday.com review by Beth S.
Beth S.

"Logical, easy to use, almost limitless possibilities!"

What do you like best?

EVERYTHING! Mostly just the design of the interface! Modifying layouts on the fly as project parameters change, using different column options in creative ways, freedom to modify the status button names, easy notification of changes to coworkers, easy duplication of pulses or groups - so many options. Even the help options and support are amazingly fast. Follow up is thorough.

What do you dislike?

Would like some of the premium options to be available in the second tier level. Would like to individually control some of the options on each group on a board (not a big deal, but some things might be nice to be on the same board but not modify across all pulses),

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial and talk to support if you have any questions. Think of other ways/areas/projects where this might be helpful!

Originally used the demo for the organization of a new project. Loved it so much we decided to purchase and utilize for project. Expanded use to a different department/projects. I can see other ways this product can be beneficial across many departments and projects. We are discussing other uses for Monday. Im a big fan!

monday.com review by Brian W.
Brian W.

"Monday.com helps keep me organized."

What do you like best?

I started playing around with monday.com as I was trying to figure out a better way to keep our production workflow organized. We were trying to use a spreadsheet.

I was able to create a very detailed "board" that includes every step in our production workflow, and then I invited the team members, and began assigning ownership to certain steps. It has made a huge difference in our productivity, and lets me see when there is a problem that needs addressed.

I also appreciate that the team at monday.com keeps innovating and adding functionality.

What do you dislike?

My only "beef" with monday.com was the sneaky way that they got me hooked... as I was researching different solutions, I stumbled across monday.com, and saw that I could sign up for a free account. I didn't know it was a 30-day trial... I didn't see that anywhere. I only found out it was a trial when, a few days before the month was up it started notifying me that I would lose everything I had created (and I'd spent a LOT of time creating stuff, cause I'd fallen in love with it) if I didn't upgrade.

It felt a little sneaky and unnecessary. A simple "Sign up for a free 30-day trail." would have been nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and sign up for a trial, and start playing around with monday.com. It's very powerful, and has really helped me organize my team.

We have been able to better organize our projects by owner and team. We have fewer slip-ups from someone "dropping the ball" because we have our whole production workflow in a board. So every step goes green when it's finished, and I have instant visibility into where each team is on each project.

monday.com review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Fantastic Project Mgmt Tool"

What do you like best?

I love how customizable Monday's boards are to fit our workflow operations. The new features we get to test as they roll out are great as well. So far our favorites have been Automations, and new View Options. Because each project we do is different, and requires slightly different management techniques, Monday has been a great solve. The ability to add GIFs is pretty damn cool, too!

What do you dislike?

We don't have many "dislikes"... they're more like wishlist items. For instatnce, there have been several times where I would prefer to lock certain columns from view by other coworkers within the same board. I would also prefer to allow groups of pulses to have different column attributes, whereas now, each board has to have the same column structure. This makes tracking a project from start to finish (financially) pretty difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're working with a creative team, Monday's interface is great. Creatives like to work within applications that are "pretty" and Monday certainly delivers. Not to mention the fact that it actually makes our lives easier by providing custom boards, expert support and and easy-to-use system.

Our company has improved our overall workflow organization and streamlined several processes since we have adopted Monday. Internal communication has improved greatly. Our team is able to complete projects faster than ever.

monday.com review by Meagan M.
Meagan M.

"I recommend it to colleagues weekly"

What do you like best?

It's the most intuitive tool. SO simple and approachable, unlike any other project mgmt tool. They're growing and iterating, always adding new features and taking your feedback to heart. It's fun, it's effective, it's affordable, it JUST MAKES SENSE.

What do you dislike?

There is truly not one thing I dislike about Monday.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your non-dev team struggles with Jira because it's the least intuitive thing ever, I beg you to check out Monday.com.

team collaboration, transparency, prioritization and organization with documentation. i can assign tasks to my direct reports and link relevant sources & documents, we can converse directly in monday and later reference those decisions. i can assign deadlines and manage their progress, and they can see what i'm doing too. in private boards i manage my own daily to-dos. we've got a board with all the team members and their locations (all remote, across the world) which we can view on a map. we can create forms and collect submissions. i especially LOVE the time tracking column, it's honestly the first tool i've found that tracks time invested against specific tasks in such a clean and actionable way.

monday.com review by Oliver S.
Oliver S.

"The struggle WAS real, not anymore with monday.com"

What do you like best?

In the marketing and design world, you need to be able to keep track and adjust focus on a dime. The ability to easily adjust my priorities while still keeping track of all my workload for the week/month/ year is effortless with monday.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the iPhone app is a little clunky at times. Especially when trying to edit or add notes to a Pulse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your tired of using clunky project management software that requires too much time to even setup a project and track it's completion Monday.com is for you. If you've used, god forbid, an excel file to track your projects and tasks, Monday.com is more than perfect for you.

Keeping track of all the different design and marketing projects between all 6 divisions of my company is imperative. Being able to quickly at a glance see what's on my plate, and being able to quickly change or update tasks is hugely beneficial to me.

monday.com review by Morgan M.
Morgan M.

"Monday.com is Great for Small Businesses!"

What do you like best?

Monday.com has truly changed the way our company manages everything from hiring to projects to daily to-do lists. Before we had all of our data and processes differed per person. Some used Google Keep, some used Trello, and others used plain pen and paper. Now, we've switched most of our processes to include Monday.com, everyone is on the same page and we are much more efficient. Personally, I love the ability to share boards and see the progress of my coworker's projects without having to bother them.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. Monday.com is constantly adding new features to improve it's user experience. I only have one minor complaint. Since I often use Google Sheets, I find myself trying to use Tab and other shortcuts on Monday.com. I wish those shortcuts were compatible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expect your work flow to change. We experienced a bit of a learning curve since many of our team came from different organization methods. After a short period of time, using monday.com is second nature and I couldn't imagine daily work being nearly as efficient.

We're able to keep a paper trail of all our to-dos. In our fast-paced environment, it's easy for action items to get lost in the shuffle. Monday.com has decreased our mistakes tremedously. I highly recommend looking into all the possiblilities monday.com has to offer.

monday.com review by Felipe V.
Felipe V.

"Awesome Organizing Platform"

What do you like best?

Monday has an incredible easy user interface, that's the most awesome feature it has. Its very easy to invite people an joined u in the different tasks you can assign. The pros like having different types of boards, public, shared or private makes this platform more complete and gives you multiple options to share your projects important tasks.

Also, the time tracking and deadlines follow up its great so you can encourage your develompent team, your design team and commercial associates to comply all tasks needed to be done.

The status traffics alike colors column is a fundamental tool so you can personalize it which what ever words you like an assign many colors that at the end make the boards look cool and professional! Wanting at the end to leave all those status columns DONE or "greenish"

What do you dislike?

Maybe the fact that u need to create another board just to have a different set of types of columns, this makes u to have lots and lots of boards, and it can become confused some of the times.

The search feature is not that accurate also. It might work some of the times but is not that precise as u expect, at the end you need to search boar by board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to the web seminars offered!

Tracking all the work from my time so I cab be 100% that my clients will be happy with my company compliance.

monday.com review by Aimee F.
Aimee F.

"Organises my mind for me. "

What do you like best?

My favourite part of Monday.com is the ability to completely customise each of your boards and include members of your team. This means that any conversations or communications regarding a particular task can be stored right under that task for ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of emails that Monday.com produces. If you are mass editing or creating a board then you and team members get emails for most changes. It could be better if it only used the summary email at the start/end of each day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has a lot of on going projects with many underlying tasks. Monday.com seriously helps me to organise projects and my mind.

The benefits that I have realised whilst using Monday.com are the following: I am better able to organise and manage projects, I am able to discuss tasks and chase team members directly through our to do list, we are able to prioritise our work loads, we are able to segregate group tasks by division and priority.

monday.com review by Nichole C.
Nichole C.

"Game changer for businesses"

What do you like best?

Monday has synced departments together by granting us the ability to assign teams to tasks as well as individuals. It keeps everyone on the same page and up to date on the most current information. If a department or person has a question - Monday typically has the answer, and if it doesn't, we just add it. It organizes and makes sure the teams are on task and in line with company goals and visions. It's been the most useful tool we've had AND it's crazy easy to use!

What do you dislike?

Creating new boards under a folder. I wish you could just click on the board folder and create a board from there. But really, I honestly don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It'll save you time and money - don't hesitate!

Solving? Basically anything that needs to be solved. Some of our team members are remote or half in/half out of the office and this has been wonderful for them. They get to stay in the loop and they get to respond to questions asked of them or tasks assigned to them.

monday.com review by Lauren K.
Lauren K.

"The Best Project Management Tool In the Market"

What do you like best?

This can turn social media management mayhem into pure bliss. Working on a two person marketing team means wearing a lot of different hats, not only do we use this for social media scheduling, we use this for our content calendar planning as well. This tool is honestly a game changer.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a major "dislike" per say, but I think it would be awesome if an API was created between Sprout Social and Monday so that you could literally schedule the social post copy/images that scheduled within Monday directly through Sprout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None. This is a great product and I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a little project management support.

Through the use of Monday.com there are truly zero communication gaps within any given social task. All social copy, graphics, proposed edits and approvals are housed in one place and can be retroactively referenced chronologically if need be. I also the play the role as a client facing digital marketing project manager and we use a client facing Monday.com board with our client. The biggest win we get is being able again to identify project management process gaps, not in a blame game way, but in a way that helps recognize the critical roles and responsibilities on any given project task for any given project team member, whether it be the client or the consulting team.

monday.com review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"Amazing Task Tracker"

What do you like best?

I love how Monday.com allows you to track your tasks and prioritize them. You are able to categorize everything you are in charge of, add the estimated time to finish, mark when completed, connect to Google Calendar, and so much more. This is a great tool for teams to see where each other are at on things assigned to them. You can put your schedule on here to see how much time you will spend in meetings, categorize your to do lists, add files, notes, communicate with others on your list, and more.

What do you dislike?

I think that the mobile app needs some work for Monday.com. It is not as easy to use as the website is with changing the priority of things, adding notes, etc. It is still helpful but I much prefer the website because of how much better it is to use than the app. If you are getting it just for the app, I would not use Monday.com, only if you plan to mainly use it from a computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product!

I am solving the problem of communicating importance of different tasks I am assigned with Monday.com I have realize the benefits of tracking my hours and time spent on different tasks to better prioritize my time on things. I have realize the benefits of categorizing my tasks through Monday.com because you can create different "pulse groups" and then name and color them by the category.

monday.com review by jhon d r.
jhon d r.

"project management resource"

What do you like best?

I like the interface and the clean way in which they help me put together the task groups and those responsible. Tracking is a bit of fun to do

I like the possibility of creating different boards for several projects

good tool to have an overview of each projectI like the interface and the clean way in which they help me organize task groups and those responsible. Tracking becomes somewhat entertaining to do

I like the possibility of creating different boards for several projects.

Good tool to have an overview of each project.

What do you dislike?

Monday is good, but the value is not good at all, Too expensive for an application that does not have many features that other applications have.

the lack of sub-tasks or sub-pulses, if you have a project of reasonable size, sometimes it is useful to have a breakdown more than what should be done, and not just a long list of pending tasks

frankly. Very expensive for what he does.

It would be nice if they could log in automatically with Google, instead of creating an account.

monday.com review by Leeanna S.
Leeanna S.

"Customize everything that you need in the really fast way"

What do you like best?

I like the fast way to add records in this system. Also I can allow myself to keep all connection in one place, reducing the need for the sessions and badly long email threads. Monday.com is better to control people or whole teams. I like to receive notifications from my workflow on desktop or mobile in real-time.

What do you dislike?

At this moment I don't have any bad issues which can direct my working process to the wrong point. It is a wonderful platform which has everything that we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can faster find anything that your team left in the system including pictures, updates, projects, and destinations. You will see how your work becomes a rich information base that's at your fingertips. It is wonderful chance to control every workflow or process. You will scale from simpleness to complexity with Monday.com. I recommend this software.

We invited our customers to work as guests and sharing our experience with them now. As for us, it's the best way to make them feel engage and reduce the number of emails, appointments and telephone calls.

monday.com review by Hank S.
Hank S.

"The perfect way to work easy and effective."

What do you like best?

I have the ability to control our workload, communicate with my team. Actually, I have a place where I can track anything our team is working on. I can appoint teammates to particular tasks or projects. The ability to see an accurate status of where things stand.

What do you dislike?

Till now I don't have bad moments on this platform. But what I would like to change it is a look of the interface. And it is easy to use for all of my team. But all functions works well so I really don't have any negative cons about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, you can easily find everything that your group has ever worked on, including pictures, updates, projects, and purpose. The better way to control any workflow, address any tasks, and manage basically anything. I recommend it to you.

We have the ability to get notified via desktop or mobile devices in real-time. We can drag and drop files to centralize all our folders with documents. Also, we can ensure to meet all of our deadlines. We can invite our customers to work as guests and share our progression with them.

monday.com review by Shawnna C.
Shawnna C.

"Perfect to cooperate and organize."

What do you like best?

I like that I can use a project visualization tool. They really work well. Good at dragging and drop they are readable. The program is very comfortable for customers. Great way of sharing the schedule with users or etc. Doing a clear working plan and making a priority to things which should be done at first.

What do you dislike?

Generally, the program is good and fast. As for me, I would like to use a tracking system which will allow me to see a product on which we are working. Serious issue with this software I don't have. I like that platform and I see that my working team are ok with it too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, we become more close to each other. We feel like a working team really work. All process at work is organized and clear always at right place. Allow gives a chance to see all of the steps in the working process. Very good sharing system where you can show schedule to other and much more. I hope you will like it.

We are working all the time with our documents and with people. To handle all process of the project is easy. A great step to make a good working or project planer. Very powerful solution to develope our products. We like it.

monday.com review by Schae M.
Schae M.

"Monday.com makes things SO EASY"

What do you like best?

I love how easy monday.com is to navigate. It's updated in real time and users get notified immediately if something is added or changed. It saves us a ton of time. Before monday.com, there was a lot of back and forth internally, someone always calling someone else to figure out the status of an order. Monday.com has pretty much eliminated that completely.

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing. Their customer support is fast and the are ALWAYS friendly and ready to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully recommend monday.com!

Internal communications are faster and the back and forth has been eliminated, giving us more time to focus on our clients rather than employees struggling to keep each other up to date. Also having a place for any and all information, easily accessible, and easy to update has been amazing. Monday.com has definitely been a game changer for us!

monday.com review by chandreu v.
chandreu v.

"The catalyst to great workflow organized communication"

What do you like best?

Monday is where communication happens for us. No more emails asking for status or constant meeting to get a highlight on how the projects are heading. All the massive tasks can be broken down into smaller rows of tasks and tagged with status, timeline, date, person and more. Plus everything can be dragged around to be rearranged. Brilliant solution! The simple feature of drag and drop greatly enhanced the overall user experience. The user interface is also beautiful and crispy with good use of colour at the right places.

What do you dislike?

The price is quite costly for companies located in a country with much lower living cost. Wonder if it would be good to have sub-rows to the main rows of tasks. Perhaps it'll add clutter or not. It could be nice to link the tasks to one another and be able to view the tasks in some sort of flow-chart to get a big picture of the project.

Streamlining workflow. Reducing email clutter. Reducing unnecessary meetings and touch base. More organized and trackable project management. Increased productivity. Transparent workload management.

monday.com review by Tessa F.
Tessa F.

"I've really enjoyed using Monday"

What do you like best?

Monday makes it really easy for me to get my team organized. It's easy to add tickets and update them with notes. I like that you can see a timeline of who has worked on the project so that handoffs are clear. Communication with the Monday team has been great as well. They are super responsive to questions and feedback.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that I would want to tweak. For example, it would be great to move a pulse and have it land at the top of a list instead of the bottom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. The company is definitely going in a good direction. The tool is simple to set up and use. It will help you keep on top of your project management.

Monday allows me to stay on top of my team's daily, weekly, and quarterly tasks. We've tried many project management tools and many are too feature heavy. We like the simplicity of this tool. We are also able to track the progress of tasks easily because of the status column which we can customize to have whatever status names work for us.

monday.com review by Dawn R.
Dawn R.

"Makes Herding Cats Easier!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can share with the team of people on a project or assignment so that everyone is fully involved. I like the way due dates on deliverables can be set up as well. It's easy to share boards and items by tagging the user and also using the tag terms to help search.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to print out my boards - exporting to excel doesn't have the utility I need to grab a printable view of a board.

Organizational project management and assignment tracking. I came on as the Director of Marketing - and the one person on the marketing team - this is a method to document all of my work for evaluations and also so if anyone needs to check on the status of assignments it's available to anyone on our Monday account.

monday.com review by H Thomas O.
H Thomas O.

"NO MORE ACTION REQUIRED EMAILS"

What do you like best?

Since switching to Monday.com All I can say is I know where I stand with everything and people in my company now know what I am working on for them and I don't get annoying ACTION REQUIRED EMAILS over and over and over. I get a HIGH priority pulse and I work on the task for them and they see the steps of the task.

This is just one example of how Monday.com helps me.

What do you dislike?

If there is 1 thing I dislike is when building a template from excel I can only have 20 columns. Then I have to add the rest by hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

even if you only use a task management you will see an improvement in your overall work.

Tracking Clients in the planning stages, onboarding new clients. securely communicating with clients Timelines for our clients

monday.com review by Ron B.
Ron B.

"Unbelievably Easy To Rollout!"

What do you like best?

I have been in search of a tool that can help me stay ON top of my business but as a business owner there are so many moving parts to keep in mind and ultimately I feel drowned with the amount of activities to juggle on a daily basis. Monday.Com is a saviour because it helped me immediately organize my ideas, thoughts, plans, activities, tasks and accomplishments in one easy to use tool; and not just for me but also our team - immediate impact in reducing chaos and achieving team alignment via a visually pleasing dashboard.

What do you dislike?

For my immediate needs, I have not come across a dislike or limitation because of the system's easy configuration and customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to be ON your business while knowing what is going on IN the business, I would highly recommend Monday.Com I love the multitude of ways having exposure to the business activities can be placed in one system. Great product!

CHAOS! I needed a system that helps me oversee the many moving parts of the business with direct input from the team using a consolidated format that is easy to use. Currently we meet as a team and each one is making their own notes and hoping that the Action Items will be completed - not very effective way to build a team or business. Within in a matter of minutes, I have in place a Lead Generation task tracking too, Deal Management overview screen and Sales Success Visual Process in place; and this is just the beginning for what I will be using Monday.Com for.

monday.com review by Austin C.
Austin C.

"A new kind of management tool"

What do you like best?

It's simple to use and everyone has been able to start using it within a few minutes. The ability to customize is quite nice. Customer service is MIND-BLOWINGLY, it is fast and personal. The learning curve is really small. Most of my clients have adopted the product in a matter of hours. Also, it has GREAT customer support!

What do you dislike?

For Bigger teams, it gets difficult to manage tasks. As the number of projects increase, it gets difficult to separate the tasks and manage them. iOS app is a bit clunky and doesn't have the same feel as the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dapulse is a great way to display the progress of projects and priority to people in and outside of the project. It is far better than other tools that I've used when it comes to ease of use and appearance.

Works great for our team. We tried other project management services and dapulse was the hands-down winner. My company uses dapulse to organize and collaborate on tasks. It is being used regularly by our creative department and occasionally by our marketing team.

monday.com review by Inés P.
Inés P.

"I can keep everyone connected and that saves a lot of time"

What do you like best?

Monday.com is a collaboration software that can be easily used by those who want it, there are no limits. Apart from what can be described as innovative, since there is no need to be attending unnecessary meetings' through Monday.com everyone is connected in real time to be aware of what happens.

What do you dislike?

I can not think of something that is wrong, they have really done a good job carrying out this software, we are all very happy with how each user integrates and the workers do not stop saying how well they work with Monday.com. Everything is in place, and if there is any doubt we can always use some tutorials to understand how to handle it.

Work has become an almost fun task, saving time and solving doubts that arise in business. Monday.com previously was known as Dapulse

monday.com review by Bernard v.
Bernard v.

"The whole team in one place"

What do you like best?

It gives the whole team an opportunity to stay up to date with where we all are and what we're all working on. We meet once a week and cruise through the list from top to bottom to understand what has happened, is happening and needs to happen. It gives managers the opportunity to track progress of tasks that have been assigned and keeps people accountable to their tasks, out in the world for everyone to see.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features that we don't make use of totally and as such I am more frustrated that we are not fully utilising the powers

No balls get dropped. All tasks are logged on Monday and by meeting once a week nothing goes undone for more than a week!

monday.com review by Ryan V.
Ryan V.

"Monday.com (formerly dapalus.com) Software Review"

What do you like best?

Monday.com simplifies the way our office team works. It allows us to manage workloads, communicate, create custom boards for dance and competition events and update during events during the busy season January through September.

I can manage and update everything in a single board and create different boards for certain annual tasks. This is great because i can see who's working what event, any notes regarding the broadcast shoot, what is the status of production and even color code each of the above.

It can easily assign teammates to tasks, and get an update when it is done. Overall it is a big visualization of everything your team is working on a single window.

What do you dislike?

If you have a small phone big boards are hard to navigate despite a zoom feature. If there is too much data on a board it takes longs to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To really understand the software i recommend creating a fake task and create a folder, board, tasks, assign people, invite people to the board and play with the software. It takes 1-2 months to get your bearings about what you can and cannot do. Plus as team members use it, you'll learn new features

-Event organization

-Task assignment and status updates can be color coded

-Scheduling

-Archiving pulses/Groups,

-Exporting to excel

-Click and dragging pulse groups

-Show latest activity

-Desktop notifications

monday.com review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Video Production Management"

What do you like best?

Monday.com allows me to facilitate various video production projects happening across the country at any time. It's a great way to know the status of a project, share assets, and keep remote employees queued up for their next project.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better calendar integration option for Google Calendars or other calendar options. I'd also like to see an option like Frame.io for notes on media projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to manage a lot of moving parts, this is a great way to do so. It's a fantastic way to manage projects, stay on track, and keep others in the loop of your progress.

Monday.com has helped keep us honest and on track for video projects. Without it, we'd be woefully lost and definitely not on time.

Learn more about monday.com

monday.com Videos

Learning about monday.com?

* We monitor all monday.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.