Monetate

Conversion experts helping marketers deliver the ultimate online customer experience.

Work for Monetate?
Qubitpro 2x

Learning about Monetate?

Monetate Reviews

Ask Monetate a Question
Showing 53 Monetate reviews
Monetate review by <span>Chester M.</span>
Chester M.

Powerful A/B testing platform for personalized tests

What do you like best?

Activating/deactivating tests are immediate and has no lag. Setting up ab tests can very easy by just answering WHO, WHAT, WHEN, and WHY. Monetate can support cross-domain testing in which is very effective when you have tests that can cross over to a different subdomain.

What do you dislike?

We didn't like that each retail can only have up to 100 active goals. Other than that, Content Masking affects all pages regardless of the audience condition. Hence, we decided not to use this and lived with flicker effect when test is modifying an element.

Another issue with Monetate is that you cannot update the traffic allocation once the test is already activated. You need to duplicate the existing test and update it from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want bloated snippet code and would like to use cross-domain testing, then go with Monetate.

Personalization is one of the best features that Monetate has. You can upload a dataset and use that to create tests. This helps our company see how different user segment behave on each page type, market, and demographic.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Monetate
Monetate review by <span>Steffany W.</span>
Steffany W.

Simple to use to get an A/B test set up, but not necessarily intuitive to get started

What do you like best?

Once you get the basics, it's a really great program to do either A/B or multivariate tests. You can see real-time results of how those tests are performing and act on it based on statistical significance & measurable results that you define.

What do you dislike?

It's not the simplest software to get started. They don't have internal consulting (despite paying for consulting hours), and the partner they selected is excellent at wasting time by pushing meetings, delaying on-boarding, and providing basic, simple testing choices without understanding our business, industry, or products (or barely looking at our website). Blanket recommendations do not work and are unacceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll want someone who is technically savvy (and has learned this software) to teach you. Hire a consulting agency to help you get started, as it is not intuitive even after the setup is complete.

Understanding how our audience uses our site and what type of visuals work best to increase conversion rates.

What A/B Testing solution do you use?

Monetate review by <span>Nick P.</span>
Nick P.

Expensive, yet very powerful if you have a team dedicated to use it

What do you like best?

Simplicity of creating complex user interaction tests. As a relatively new user, I spent an hour working through their self-paced learning modules. With a night I was impowered to start testing and creating a plan to move forward. Whilst our account manager was contactable on mobile, he also had a good throng of other customers to attend too. Best you self learn then contact vs. getting your account

What do you dislike?

Cost isn't worth it unless you have many seasoned users throughout backend, frontend and marketing. If it is linked to just one business unit, do not bother.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other vendors out there. Qubit, Optimizely etc... Many have broader commercial agreements vs. Monetate which can be quite restrictive with their commercial plans. I.e. you are paying an annual fee vs. CPA etc... Really understand your requirements (as with all SAAS vendors) before you start the pre-sales discussion.

Being able to present targeted messages throughout a variety of devices and on-site pages without hindering other users/customers of our site.

Monetate review by <span>Robert K.</span>
Robert K.

One of the older AB Testing tools, more than up to the job though

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate/get tests live. The basic Who, What, When, WHy structure makes hypothesis creation and change logs easy to write using this structure.

What do you dislike?

Caching can be a big problem, and the editor system can be very buggy

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a website that is built in a non-traditional manner (angular for example), then this may not be the best testing tool for you.

AB/testing, personalisation, promotional activity, BAU

Monetate review by <span>Travis H.</span>
Travis H.

Wonderful product to give you the data you need!

What do you like best?

How quick and reliable the product is. The company says it is built for speed and it really is! I also love how i'm able to pull data from all sorts of "buckets" to get the data in need for different demographics, areas, etc.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit cumber-sum at times but overall I don't have anything negative to say about it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

None really at this time. Need a bit more time with it to think of things that I would like to change.

Helped me track weak points and strong points for our sales team to know where we are performing well or not well enough so we can target what we need to to be successful.

Monetate review by User in Retail
User in Retail

Easy and fast site changes

What do you like best?

I like how I can make quick changes to my site that would otherwise require a time consuming code release. I also really like being able to easily test things on the site.

What do you dislike?

Masking takes a while to work on the site which can be frustrating because I don't always know if I'm using a mask correctly. I end up having to wait and refresh the site multiple times before I can tell if it's working. Targeting based on location can also be a little glitchy.

Making small changes to the site that would otherwise require a time consuming code release - for example, store hours, misspellings, etc. We don't currently have the ability to release site changes on a timer so being able to set and end date and time on experiences is very helpful.

Learning about Monetate?

* We monitor all Monetate reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.