MoneyGuidePro

Named the top choice of financial planning software for eight straight years, according to Financial Planning Magazine's annual survey. Why? We make financial planning engaging for the client.

Work for MoneyGuidePro?

Learning about MoneyGuidePro?

MoneyGuidePro Reviews

Ask MoneyGuidePro a Question
Showing 14 MoneyGuidePro reviews
MoneyGuidePro review by Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.

"The best financial planning software for fee-only, no-minimum NAPFA advisors"

What do you like best?

I love :

-setting goals as a confirmation that my initial due diligence with the client was correctly "heard" through data

-using the budget tool to make annual retirement expenses are "real"

-I also like the budget tool for helping our "money management" clients stick to a budget and we review monthly or less frequently to compare monthly averages year-to-date (I used to only use excel or google docs for this)

-I love the net worth portion of MGP

-I love the social security benefit analysis with certainty

-The What-If worksheet is extremely helpful for analyzing different scenarios

-We also use MyMoneyGuide with our financial literacy students and it's extremely helpful with the Video Lab

-I also use the Plan Summary to add in our regular notes (about 30-40 custom entries per plan, many are duplicates by plan)

-I really dig the way our Veo (TDAmeritrade Institutional) accounts sync well into a client's plan too

-We also integrate with RedTail CRM

What do you dislike?

-I find the real estate "mortgage" data entry rather limited. Typically clients provide the mortgage statement to be interpreted, and rarely does a single monthly mortgage statement include all of the information required for the mortgage data entry.

-I have yet to fully utilize the ISO/RSU workflows, but I have to admit, they seem a bit intimidating on the offset and I've been avoiding it.

-Plan Summary limitation: currently I use a Google Doc to track all of the custom entries I make into the Plan Summary with follow up items for clients. I do this so that I can copy/paste and enter into the Plan Summary for each client's plan. Ideally, there would be a MGP "database" of commonly added custom entries into Plan Summaries by license (but also across users) that would be extremely helpful for our practices purposes!

-Small thing, but it'd be nice to be able to access the Support Tools from a browser when logged into the MGP on my iPad, currently I cannot access.

-A minor irritation is that our RedTail CRM integration works well, except for our pro-active MyMoneyGuide users. It would be nice if our MyMoneyGuide new users could integrate and sync INTO RedTail CRM, currently I can only have an existing RedTail CRM contact sync into MGP and not from MGP to RedTail...though I realize I can manually enter MyMoneyGuide users into RedTail from MGP and then make sure the client is "matched" after the fact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Commit to using the software and support curriculum. Also, make sure that you have a process to introduce your clients to the client portal.

If you use cash flow based retirement planning software, give goals-based a chance - the ease of data entry and flexibility for change analysis is striking!

Simplifying the "math" behind retirement calculus into a digestible print-out or PDF that looks professional and can operate as a "living document" as we council clients throughout their lives from initial financial plan, to plan implementation, on to monitoring.

Providing dual entry access between client and advisor to communicate over the long term about a client's budget (cash flow), financial plan/s, and investment management relative to financial planning goals as well as being able to make adjustments along the way.

A repository for all financial planning information so that our firm can emphasize the client relationship and counseling approach that our clients in our practice favor.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MoneyGuidePro
MoneyGuidePro review by Frances N.
Frances N.

"MOneyguide review"

What do you like best?

i like the planning software and being able to show clients what their percentage of success is to reach their different financial goals. it lets me run different scenarios based on what the client wants

What do you dislike?

i wish when you were changing states in retirement it was easier and could pick it for one scenario rather than all the scenarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a good software to use to show clients their financial situation. i wish it was better for client integration and clients using it

helping to provide advice to clients and show them their financial situation, helping to manage clients goals and what assets they have, provides insight of what a client needs to change in order to put themselves in a better financial situation

What Other Finance & Insurance solution do you use?

MoneyGuidePro review by Michelle K.
Michelle K.

"Financial Planning simplified"

What do you like best?

I like the ability for clients to use the sliding scale to see various results.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to see when a client fully completes the questionnaire when I log in. When I log in I can see when they last accessed the account, but not whether it's complete. When I click their file to see if the information has been entered, if the income area is blank it doesn't allow me to proceed, but rather I have to close the window and reopen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allowing the client to be involved with the data entry is a win-win. Not only are they involved in the planning stages, they are more apt to follow the plan seeing as they had a part in it. The software greatly decreased our data entry time by allowing the client to do that part while decreasing the chance of errors or transpositions during the data transfer stage. We simply review the information entered for accuracy and completeness before going over the results. I appreciate the reports that are generated, as it also decreases the amount of work that is required on my part. Once live-time changes are made, we can print it on the spot. It has also assisted us in discovering outside held funds, many of which we have added to our models to get a more accurate projection of success.

Time and money. Prior to using MGP we spent much more time gathering data. If the data we received from the client was not complete, or better yet, had notes written on the form because they weren't sure how to answer a question, we spent even more time making calls. Allowing the client to enter the information decreased the amount we had to spend doing data entry, and increased the accuracy of what they "meant".

MoneyGuidePro review by User

"Major Part of the Planning Process"

What do you like best?

- What if Worksheet and Supersolve are a great way to show clients how different changes in their plan can change the probability of success

- Insurance needs section is useful to calculate if client is over or underinsured

- Easy to read and thorough report

What do you dislike?

- Not the most visually appealing interface, other software has surpassed them with more modern interfaces

- Client facing experience is not the best, they have made efforts recently by adding a live chat support but it should be made self explanatory enough that chat would not be needed

- No option to change sequence of withdraws from types of assets (i.e. sometimes it makes sense to take IRA money first to reduce RMD burden)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful tool at the right price. There are newer products out there that have a nicer interface and better account aggregation but this one gets the job done with a lot of calculations.

This is a part of the planning process with every client. It allows us to consider where every dollar is going and makes the clients think about what is important to them in retirement.

MoneyGuidePro review by User in Financial Services

"Money Guide Pro - powerful computing with a friendly user interface"

What do you like best?

Money Guide Pro provides the complex calculation of a personal financial plan with a great interface and workflow that makes both preparing the financial plan and sharing with your client very efficient.

What do you dislike?

The software is driven around planning for retirement. Some people believe the word retirement has a negative connotation and would prefer the term "financial independence". It would be great if you have the option to change the term "retirement goal" to "financial independence goal".

Preparing comprehensive personal financial plans for my clients. Many benefits, calculation that would be difficult if not impossible to calculate outside of Money Guide Pro, easy to understand reports, ability to "drill down" to get more detail.

MoneyGuidePro review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Moneyguide Pro"

What do you like best?

i love how moneyguide is a very easy visual for clients when showing them financial plans

What do you dislike?

the "newer" update does make things a bit confusing trying to set everything up. having so many options i think can hurt a bit when i's difficult to find places quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want a planning software that looks good with clients then this is where you need to look. once a plan is completed the clients will be wowed

were able to help put together comprehensive financial plans for clients and gain their trust usuing moneyguide to show them where they are and where they want to be

MoneyGuidePro review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Retirement Planning Tools"

What do you like best?

MoneyGuidePro nailed it with this online retirement planning software. The capability to run all kinds of analysis and historical back testing and custom reports makes this a must have retirement tool to check out.

What do you dislike?

The program can be difficult at times take your time to learn the program and understand the different capabilities it has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the software and take the time to learn it. This program is the best tool I have used to calculate retirement plans.

Learning and inputting the various integrations is time consuming but once in it cuts down your time.

MoneyGuidePro review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Money Guide Pro"

What do you like best?

This platform is detailed, robust, and a great tool to use with clients to walk them through all aspects of their financial planning.

What do you dislike?

We do wish it had a client portal for clients to log in and perhaps even aggregate their own accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a little tricky to learn at first - there are so, so many layers. But once you get the hang of it, all of those layers turn into a positive benefit that just makes the platform more robust and efficient.

It allows us to have a clear picture of a client's retirement track, and have a thorough discussing with them about where they are at now, and where they need to be.

"Mgp review"

What do you like best?

My clients really find security in knowing exactly when they can retire and how much they need to save to get there. MGP does a great job of allowing us to display our roadmap to clients in an easy to understand format.

What do you dislike?

No major complaints. Sometimes it is a bit hard to navigate because it’s not intuitive if you don’t want to go step by step.

MoneyGuidePro review by Kelly L.
Kelly L.

"MGP"

What do you like best?

Data entering is fairly straight-forward. I like having the scenarios side-by-side.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is clunky and a lot of charts and graphs that don't make sense to the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch a demo or get a consultation on best practices.

I'm not solving business problems using money guide pro right now. It became too expensive for my small firm, so I switched planning programs.

MoneyGuidePro review by User in Financial Services

"Robust financial planning software"

What do you like best?

Goals-based software is very easy to understand for clients. Data input is quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ability to explore tax impact of certain strategies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are interested in easy to use, goals-based planning software, this is the tool. If you're more interested in a cashflow based tool, this is not for you.

Using MGP makes the production of financial plans much more efficient.

MoneyGuidePro review by User in Financial Services

"Just an ok planning software"

What do you like best?

Cash flow reports are fairly easy to understand

What do you dislike?

Too many of the reports require too much explanation as to where the numbers came from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This may not be the most robust planning software that you could be using.

It's an approved financial planning software through our broker/dealer.

MoneyGuidePro review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Resourceful tool for capturing big picture for clients"

What do you like best?

Money Guide Pro has allowed our firm to dig deeper at the client level, in turn providing greater assistance

What do you dislike?

Yearly fee in addition to monthly fee is hard to keep in budget for small office

Understanding held-away assets allows us to leverage towards new opportunities

MoneyGuidePro review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"MG Pro"

What do you like best?

They continue to update their financial planning software

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program is very slow and takes forever to load a page with clients there

Clients personalized financial plans

Learning about MoneyGuidePro?

* We monitor all MoneyGuidePro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.