Monster

3.4

Monster is an employment website that is used to help those seeking work to find job openings, for lower to mid-level employment, that match their skills and location.

Work for Monster?

Learning about Monster?

Monster Reviews

Ask Monster a Question
Showing 36 Monster reviews
Monster review by Amanda I.
Amanda I.

"Good for entry level roles"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to reach a larger amount of candidates than posting just to my careers page. It also allows me to search through their candidate base, and has filters that are easy to use to help narrow your search. They also will rate the candidates you source on a 1-10 scale as to how closely they match the job description.

What do you dislike?

I don't typically use this solution for a lot of my hiring and sourcing because I typically can't find higher level individuals on this site. This site does not allow for Boolean searching, which also makes it more difficult to narrow the search when you do decide to use the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Monster does provide a good service, but you have to expect a certain type of candidate to apply going in.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Monster
Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great depending on need"

What do you like best?

When I recruited for a more skilled labor set I used monster a lot and actually found a good amount of candidates through the search. I felt like the system was was easy to sort through and find candidates that were relevant. I like that it's a job board regardless I can post on and hope to be connected with the right candidate and get my job more exposure.

What do you dislike?

I do not find that there are a lot of new grad technology resumes on the site comparable to other sites. I work in a different industry now and find that there are less relevant job seekers for the roles that I am searching for.l

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it really depends on what talent pool you are looking to connect with. I find that a more skilled labor force tend to put their resumes on Monster.

What Job Boards solution do you use?

G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Recruiting with the Monster - US / Bullhorn integration"

What do you like best?

I like that Monster gives you the direct contact information for candidates from their monster profile, and not just from their resume. I also like that it gives the user the ability to track which resumes have already been viewed.

What do you dislike?

Utilizing Monster.com is not as simple as utilizing the Monster-US portal within Bullhorn. However, in Bullhorn there is no way to do a bulk import of candidates sourced from Monster into Bullhorn without adding them to a job. During the sourcing portion of our workflow, we do not connect candidates to a job right away. It would also be much more convenient to be able to save search criteria, compare resumes to each other, and be able to add candidates to Bullhorn tearsheets in bulk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for sourcing candidates for jobs in all industries. It is also great for reviewing resumes, finding contact information for clients, and posting jobs. The integration option for Bullhorn ATS is great and has a lot of great features, but there are a few improvements that I would suggest. Would definitely recommend using as a recruiter for a recruiting and staffing company.

Monster review by Colin M.
Colin M.

"Mediocre Resume Pool, But at Least it Posts to UK"

What do you like best?

That I can post roles to the UK (which several services do not have)

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything that goes into using Monster as a resume search tool. The candidates, the UI, the advanced search, it all adds up to a tool that I would much rather use any other alternative. We use an assessment as part of our recruiting process and I don't recall ever seeing a candidate from Monster do well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford another service, do that. Otherwise Monster is a decent supplement/back up resume search tool.

Monster review by Leslie J.
Leslie J.

"Awful for Europe"

What do you like best?

What do I like best? The fact that *IF* I find someone (which is rare) at least I can tell them that I saw their CV on Monster which lends a bit of legitimacy to it.

What do you dislike?

The lack of qualified candidates. The clunky interface. Terribly inferior to the US version. No option to change languages, only available in Dutch. I realise this is Holland but not everyone speaks Dutch here, particularly in the IT sector which.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other things first, there are MUCH better deals to be had.

Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting
G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting

"It’s okay. Does it’s job but doesn’t overdo it I guess"

What do you like best?

I like the search options in the database just wish I got good new resumes every once in a while

What do you dislike?

I get the same candidates applying to evEryjib and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen everyone in the entire database at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out all your database options and look at what type of jobs you’re trying to get candidates from

G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Use Monster Daily for Recruiting Candidates"

What do you like best?

I like the interface of monster, it is easy to navigate. I also like that I am able to search back candidates who have updated their resume 1 day back, 2 days back, 3 days, etc.. I do not have to go from 1 day to 1 week. I also like the ability to save searches.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could note candidates who I have already reviewed and passed on so I don't spend time reviewing candidates day after day. I also wish i had the ability to click on one resume, and then search through and click next from there, rather than having to click back to search results and clicking resumes.

Monster review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Use This Service If You're Currently Unemployed"

What do you like best?

I like the displaying of salary, the proximity, and mostly information of the current opportunities provided.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the hiring capacity of employers on the site when considering college students or those expecting a reply unconditionally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that your qualifications match the expectations of the job you're applying for.

Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Human Resources
G2 Crowd User in Human Resources

"Monster make job posting easy"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface. It's easy to use and they have helpful tools to narrow down qualified candidates. I like that they offer an option for an auto response to go out to candidates when they apply for a position.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the cost but they are trying new types of posting packages that seem more attractive. I don't have a large budget and I like more bang for my buck so purchasing a job package gives me a lower cost per job than just buying one at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend giving Monster a try. They have a good recruiting product.

"Professional Recruiter"

What do you like best?

The website is very easy to navigate and there are many different ways to sort through the resumes.

What do you dislike?

There is no option to sort candidates based on their work authorizations. I would prefer if I was able to sort like this as it is a a feature available on different sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this site for recruiting purposes.

"Monster is meh"

What do you like best?

Simple interface made it easy to use most of the time.

What do you dislike?

Simple interface is there because it is a simple functionality--search results weren't consistently accurate to the parameters, candidate resumes often were put in by middle-man companies, zip code filters weren't effective in sorting geographically, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other options first. Most others will offer better ROI.

Monster review by Cheryl A.
Cheryl A.

"Talent acquisition tool"

What do you like best?

It has a far reaching candidate base due to its long time in business. Well branded.

What do you dislike?

The search form is not as user friendlier as similar products

Recommendations to others considering the product

Monster has a long reputation in staffing and covers a very wide variety of skills and expertise of candidates. The chances of you NOT finding good matches for staffing needs is quite low.

Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Expensive for Results"

What do you like best?

Easy to put in place job placements across Canada.

What do you dislike?

Posting jobs on Monster used to be productive but now they are not very effective (lack of qualified candidates) and the cost is becoming prohibitive. Not as effective for tech customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use but not so good at getting qualified candidates.

Monster review by Nicole S.
Nicole S.

"Average Job Board"

What do you like best?

Lots of good search options! Also has a large user database.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a resume flip function. The pop out resumes can get annoying to open and close.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend other job boards first, but Monster does have a large resume base and good search functions.

G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Monster - Recruiter Friendly!"

What do you like best?

I feel that the search feature on Monster is very well organized. I have noticed that the advanced search features really help me to narrow down candidates so I can truly reach my target candidates based on practically any measures -- education experience, years of experience, and even location!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I come across a "dud" candidate. Unfortunately, this is not really something that the tool itself can resolve. Perhaps adding screening features would help us block out "fake" candidates.

Monster review by Tricia B.
Tricia B.

"Great account manager and easy to use recruiting platform. "

What do you like best?

This tool is very easy to use. From posting to candidate searching. Training is always available.

What do you dislike?

i wish response rate to jobs was better. Sometimes the rate is low or the candidate match is low.

Monster review by Katrin K.
Katrin K.

"Gets the job done."

What do you like best?

I liked how easy to use the platform was, and that pricing was competitive.

What do you dislike?

In my experience, despite of being easy to use, it took a while to format the posting until it looked ready.

Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
G2 Crowd User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Monster Didn't Get the Job Done"

What do you like best?

Easy to use & widely known but didn't work for the position we had available.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Monster is good for many positions - just not truck drivers.

Monster review by Heather W.
Heather W.

"I love the simplicity "

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Monster is very straight forward and has a great user interface.

What do you dislike?

Need to attract more candidates with in-depth tech skills. For certain types of candidates I have to go to Dice to get the expertise I need.

G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great resource, but overloaded with spam-material"

What do you like best?

I like the visibility of the product as a recruiter, however my dislikes are related to using this site as a job-seeker.

What do you dislike?

The spam response and not-truly-qualified-job postings can become annoying and troublesome as a job seeker. After posting my resume while passively job-seeking, I removed it following three days of random recruiter and spam calls. The ads were ridiculously troublesome for me to overcome.

Monster review by Eli F.
Eli F.

"Great"

What do you like best?

The super easy to use interface that can be used by anybody.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes freezes when loading a webpage.

Monster review by Aida A.
Aida A.

"Recruiting tool"

What do you like best?

I think the best part is the search section.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes but it would be nice to have unlimited clicks.

Monster review by Kristin G.
Kristin G.

"Monster Review"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly and the search screen gives basic information.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike about Monster.

Monster review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Good"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and has been around for a very long time.

What do you dislike?

Their talent pool seems to be a bit smaller in comparison to other places, and it;s also pricier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use it for high-skilled positions. I would also suggest buying a few slots, and keep them open for when you need them to save a bit of money.

"50/50"

What do you like best?

The "required" and "like to have" options. It narrows down the searches/candidates pool.

What do you dislike?

If you are idol for 10mins the "refresh" button/message pops. Also one can't clarify what a candidates work status is. Many companies are not willing to do visa sponsorship, so one much call a candidate to find this out, rather it being right on the screen.

Monster review by Logan S.
Logan S.

"I use monster to find people job seeking"

What do you like best?

Using key words to review resumes of candidates

What do you dislike?

The candidates that come up are not always current profiles

Monster review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Monster Recruitment"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to post positions on their site, review resumes, and contact applicants. The auto reply letter to applicants is a great feature!

What do you dislike?

No dislikes - have been successful filling open positions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a great company to work with. Very accommodating and willing to put in the extra effort to ensure you are satisfied with their service.

Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Monster Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to connect with candidates very easily. Monster also send periodic emails about trends in the industry, tips for hiring, etc. The site is very easy to navigate as well.

What do you dislike?

For hard to fill/niche roles, this isn't the best place to go. I have more success finding entry-level/mid-level candidates. The database doesn't have the best resumes to choose from.

"Monster"

What do you like best?

The quality of the candiates is much higher than other sources that I have used in the past.

What do you dislike?

I am not a huge fan on the clicking tools I find that I have to be way to carefu when clicking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use this over other sources.

G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Effective and Self Explanatory"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to be as inclusive on the details as I possibly can.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to filter candidates on their work authorization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Monster to those who seek niche skills when recruiting.

Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Financial Services
G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"Excellent online site allowing for job searching and seeking employment and employing others"

What do you like best?

I like the versatility and functionality of the site and able to do multiple types of searches regarding employers.

What do you dislike?

There isnt much that I dislike, its a great site and resource. Nothing I can say that is a con.

"Helpful Job Board"

What do you like best?

How many requirements I can add to really help me narrow down my search

What do you dislike?

The cost and how there are a limit for views for resumes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not limit resume veiws

"Monster Search"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Monsters because I find skilled candidates for the jobs I'm sourcing/recruiting.

What do you dislike?

Candidates who don't take down their resumes from the system when they are no longer seeking employment.

Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"Job Postings"

What do you like best?

Easy to post job, it flows through seamlessly

What do you dislike?

I cannot easily view expired postings without having to archive them

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not bad but I think there are better recruitment solutions out there

Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Downhill slide"

What do you like best?

Lots of resume ma including older which are sometimes great passive candidates

What do you dislike?

They drive away people by posting scams and letting sales reps bother applicants constantly.

"Monster Review"

What do you like best?

Monster lets you know when the last time a candidate has updated their resumes.

What do you dislike?

The candidate search function is not as user friendly.

Learning about Monster?

* We monitor all Monster reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.