Monster

Monster is an employment website that is used to help those seeking work to find job openings, for lower to mid-level employment, that match their skills and location.

Work for Monster?

Learning about Monster?

Monster Reviews

Showing 34 Monster reviews
Monster review by <span>Amanda I.</span>
Amanda I.

Good for entry level roles

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to reach a larger amount of candidates than posting just to my careers page. It also allows me to search through their candidate base, and has filters that are easy to use to help narrow your search. They also will rate the candidates you source on a 1-10 scale as to how closely they match the job description.

What do you dislike?

I don't typically use this solution for a lot of my hiring and sourcing because I typically can't find higher level individuals on this site. This site does not allow for Boolean searching, which also makes it more difficult to narrow the search when you do decide to use the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Monster does provide a good service, but you have to expect a certain type of candidate to apply going in.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Monster
Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

Great depending on need

What do you like best?

When I recruited for a more skilled labor set I used monster a lot and actually found a good amount of candidates through the search. I felt like the system was was easy to sort through and find candidates that were relevant. I like that it's a job board regardless I can post on and hope to be connected with the right candidate and get my job more exposure.

What do you dislike?

I do not find that there are a lot of new grad technology resumes on the site comparable to other sites. I work in a different industry now and find that there are less relevant job seekers for the roles that I am searching for.l

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it really depends on what talent pool you are looking to connect with. I find that a more skilled labor force tend to put their resumes on Monster.

What Job Boards solution do you use?

Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting
G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting

Recruiting with the Monster - US / Bullhorn integration

What do you like best?

I like that Monster gives you the direct contact information for candidates from their monster profile, and not just from their resume. I also like that it gives the user the ability to track which resumes have already been viewed.

What do you dislike?

Utilizing Monster.com is not as simple as utilizing the Monster-US portal within Bullhorn. However, in Bullhorn there is no way to do a bulk import of candidates sourced from Monster into Bullhorn without adding them to a job. During the sourcing portion of our workflow, we do not connect candidates to a job right away. It would also be much more convenient to be able to save search criteria, compare resumes to each other, and be able to add candidates to Bullhorn tearsheets in bulk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for sourcing candidates for jobs in all industries. It is also great for reviewing resumes, finding contact information for clients, and posting jobs. The integration option for Bullhorn ATS is great and has a lot of great features, but there are a few improvements that I would suggest. Would definitely recommend using as a recruiter for a recruiting and staffing company.

Monster review by <span>Colin M.</span>
Colin M.

Mediocre Resume Pool, But at Least it Posts to UK

What do you like best?

That I can post roles to the UK (which several services do not have)

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything that goes into using Monster as a resume search tool. The candidates, the UI, the advanced search, it all adds up to a tool that I would much rather use any other alternative. We use an assessment as part of our recruiting process and I don't recall ever seeing a candidate from Monster do well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford another service, do that. Otherwise Monster is a decent supplement/back up resume search tool.

Monster review by <span>Leslie J.</span>
Leslie J.

Awful for Europe

What do you like best?

What do I like best? The fact that *IF* I find someone (which is rare) at least I can tell them that I saw their CV on Monster which lends a bit of legitimacy to it.

What do you dislike?

The lack of qualified candidates. The clunky interface. Terribly inferior to the US version. No option to change languages, only available in Dutch. I realise this is Holland but not everyone speaks Dutch here, particularly in the IT sector which.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other things first, there are MUCH better deals to be had.

Monster review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

Use Monster Daily for Recruiting Candidates

What do you like best?

I like the interface of monster, it is easy to navigate. I also like that I am able to search back candidates who have updated their resume 1 day back, 2 days back, 3 days, etc.. I do not have to go from 1 day to 1 week. I also like the ability to save searches.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could note candidates who I have already reviewed and passed on so I don't spend time reviewing candidates day after day. I also wish i had the ability to click on one resume, and then search through and click next from there, rather than having to click back to search results and clicking resumes.

Learning about Monster?

* We monitor all Monster reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.