Montage

Montage offers the most mature video interviewing solution available, purpose-built to transform the hiring experience one smile at a time.

Work for Montage?

Showing 37 Montage reviews
Montage review by <span>Keaston J.</span>
Keaston J.
Invitation from the software vendor

Montage allows me to screen high volume requisitions with ease.

What do you like best?

The ability to import candidates to jobs and not having to enter them one by one is great. Also, the text interviews have made our dispositioning of applicants much easier than manually screening hundreds.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about the platform is that when you export multiple positions' candidates, there is no way to sort them by the req ID with which you imported them. It makes it more difficult to invite them to interview via text. This has not been added to the On Demand import wizard as of yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Montage to anyone having high volume reqs that needs to have a dramatic pre-screening step before manually parsing through applications. Montage allows you the time to recruit instead of just screening applications.

Again, the largest value add for us is the time to fill reduction for high volume reqs. Utilizing the screening characteristics of Montage has streamlined the process for these reqs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Montage
Montage review by <span>Aynsley N.</span>
Aynsley N.
Invitation from the software vendor

Important to keep the work/life balance I desire

What do you like best?

Montage allows me to stay compliant and screen more applicants for each of my openings. It is easy to set up and the best yet, it is easy for my applicants to complete. I have enjoyed working with several of their screening and scheduling platforms to help me reach my work/life balance goals.

What do you dislike?

It seems with all new technology there are some glitches that can't be avoided and Montage is no different. Trying to make sure that all platforms are user-friendly on all mobile and web browsers is not a small task. However, Montage has a great technical support team that has always been there to research and improve anything my team has suggested to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All it takes is one platform on Montage to fall in love with it. Just try it.

We use Montage to help us review more applicants for each of our roles. A recruiter can play phone tag with ONE candidate and then spend 30 minutes minimum talking about a role or it can spend 15 minutes setting up the prescreening questions in Montage and then another 10 minutes sending the questionnaire out to ALL of the applicants.

What Video Interviewing solution do you use?

Montage review by <span>Brad H.</span>
Brad H.
G2 Gives Campaign

Great platform for improving talent acquisition efficiencies !

What do you like best?

The folks at Montage did a great job working with us thru the Sales process, providing supporting ROI information and current references, which was most helpful. But perhaps my greatest satisfaction has come thru the partnership launch and ongoing training / support. From training needs for new users to technical issues encountered by either internal staff or applicants, Montage has been quick to respond and adept at identifying and resolving any issues.

What do you dislike?

Although some might argue we are still in our "honeymoon phase" (have only been working with them for a little less than a year), I can't think of anything I would characterize as a dislike !

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review with your ATS vendor in advance whether there will be any interface issues ! (We didn't, and are paying the price for it now in our dissatisfaction with our ATS and their unwieldy approach to interfacing with other vendors.)

As a company still in start-up mode but growing quickly, we needed the ability to maximize the efficiency of an experienced, tech-savvy Talent Acquisition Manager in sourcing candidates and loading candidate slates for hiring managers to interview quickly, but also were challenged with making an unbudgeted add midstream in the fiscal year. Hiring another FTE was contemplated, but given the peaks & valleys of our hiring needs, it made more sense to try to leverage technology. Montage came in with competitive pricing, and delivered by increasing the number of candidates our hiring managers are truly reviewing now, as opposed to the Talent Acquisition Manager working 7 days a week and late into the night just trying to keep up with the multiple screening interviews she was conducting. Although it is too early to reflect in traditional metrics such as turnover, the anecdotal feedback from hiring managers is that the Montage platform allows them to get a far-better feel for not just an applicant's background & experience, but also a glimpse into whether or not the individual may be a good "fit" with their team(s).

Montage review by <span>Bill M.</span>
Bill M.

Service After the Sale

What do you like best?

I have used a few video interviewing services and learned quite a bit with regards to what works. While each provider has a great sale on their product, the one piece that Montage has is the service that backs up the sale. Any consumer would be "wowed" by a sale and hope the follow through is as good as advertised, but we get top notch service with Montage that is proactive, not reactive. Montage is constantly asking how the product is operating for the customer and if it is not yielding 100% results their staff takes the lead to uncover how they should fix the deficiencies. Other video providers have seemed to leave it in the hands of the consumer. We have frequent proactive scheduled meetings to discuss performance, take rates and optimization to ensure the results are in line with our expectations. It's more than a partnership, it is a relationship based on checks and balances to ensure our successes.

What do you dislike?

The only technology that I feel could be a compliment to the Montage system might be an "automated" SMS text message reminder feature for canddiates since there are some e-mail servers that funnel invitations into a junk or spam folder. A SMS text message would alert a prospectivbe candidate to "search" for their invitation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SMS Text

We do not have any business problems with Montage. Our candidate population is diverse, so we use a mix of the On-Demand Video and Audio based on what technology the candidates have access to.

Montage review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Fantastic and innovative

What do you like best?

The convenience of being able to screen dozens of candidates in the time it would take me to do 5 phone screening. Montage is also flexible with our goals and always looking for ways to increase our usage of the tool in new ways.

What do you dislike?

There are some UI and sharing features that I do not care for. I wish there was a way to share multiple candidates with a hiring manager in an easier format for the managers. I know how to navigate Montage well, but find myself always creating spreadsheets to share with my managers for their usage.

Being a university relations recruiter- Montage is helping me solve for time. We are ~200 early career professionals in about 6 months and engage on campus. Montage gives us that time back in our days to make meaningful impacts. We are also going to deploy Montage for virtual career fairs and hopefully information sessions as well to further increase the time we have available to recruit and partner with our internal stakeholders.

Montage review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education
G2 Gives Campaign

Embedding video interviews within undergraduate degrees

What do you like best?

Scaleability and accessibility, organising interviews within a particular unit is usually a logistical nightmare. Montage eases this process.

What do you dislike?

Lack of customisation, the requirements for interview training in higher education differ from what it seems is required in recruiting. Montage has been fantastic in helping us manually making changes but this can be a slow process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We need a little more customisation within the platform. For example, for each unit that we engage in we need a customised email for each of the 'jobs' we send to students. Currently, we need to pass this template over to Montage and they then need to upload it as a particular language. Given the time difference between Australia and USA, this process can take up to 24 hours. Being able to upload our own email template would help a lot.

At Deakin University we're taking a holistic approach to developing our students' capabilities and preparing them for the careers of the future. One part of this approach is embedding career education within degrees. This means assessable moments where students reflect and plan on their development as pre-professionals. A significant part of this is ensuring students develop their interviewing skills, and their ability to articulate the capabilities they've developed throughout their university education.

Using a video interview platform like Montage, we're able to ensure that all our students get a chance to participate (whether they're studying on-campus, or via our Cloud campus) when and where they want.

Learn more about Montage

Montage Videos

Learning about Montage?

* We monitor all Montage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Montage to Similar Solutions